Speaker 1: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live at Globe Life Field after the Dodgers shut out the Rangers three to nothing. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vasse with you until nine o'clock tonight right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We're taking your phone calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 3: We already have a lot of people on hold.
Speaker 2: But we still have two lines open if you want to get in and apologize to Max Munsey and all the disparaging remarks you have made about him and his defense.
Speaker 3: That's why I always say let the season breathe a little bit, right.
Speaker 2: There are going to be errors during a long season, but you have to look at a player's track record, and the track record for Max Monsey is he has become a pretty good third baseman and he has a pretty good baseball IQ, as we saw in the ninth inning. You know, I'll say this again. I had the the pleasure of standing next to Elvis Andrews, who played the majority of his career here in Texas with teammates with Adrian Beltray. They went to the World Series this guy knows a lot about infield defense. He knew a lot about Tanner Scott as he was pitching, so I tapped into it. I got a lot of text from people saying I wasn't watching the game. I was talking to Elvis Andrews. Elvis Andrews was talking the game with me. Okay, he was talking the game with me, so I learned a lot. And he told me after months he made that stop on Kevin Pilar's ground ball that probably would have gone through if he wasn't able to make that play. Not only does he make the play, but on his knees, makes a perfect throat a second base to force out his former teammate Corey Seeger. Right at that point, and with Tanner Scott being human, Elvis Andrews turned to me and said, that play right there saved the game or it would be nervous time bases loaded for Tanner Scott trying to protect a three to nothing game with his fastball, again not having a lot of life. We'll get to that in a second, but first I want apologies for Munci, or at least celebrate him tonight for making the two biggest plays of the game. And I love Jose Mota bringing up the play that Conforto made in the third inning to help Yama Moto keep the shutout intact, because Conforto made a great play on a double by Corey Seger that probably would have scored Marcus Simeon if he did not play it as perfectly as he did, cutting it off and also being able to turn and throw quickly to get the ball back to the infield and hold Simeon at third. Seeger and Simeon were stranded as Jock Peterson's early season struggles continue. Inning over shutout still intact, and then in the seventh inning, I thought Yamamoto's catcher, Will Smith did a great job of calling y'alltos game but also a strike him out, throw him out to end the seventh inning, and Yamamoto has a seven scoreless innings, ten strikeout night to beat Jacob de Grom eight six, six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Getting home safe is a priority both on and off the field. Use a designated driver if you're going to be drinking. It's the winning strategy brought to you by Budweiser. Oh, by the way, did you hear sho he Otani is not with the Dodgers because he and his wife are expecting their first child.
Speaker 3: To be born this weekend.
Speaker 2: So Otani stayed back, which meant the Dodgers needed a new leadoff hitter. Nope, not Mookie Betts. It was Tommy Edmund. Tommy everything Edmund. He is everything for the Dodgers, and he was tonight a leadoff home run off of de Gram. The only mistake and the only run the Dodgers scored tonight was the second pitch of the game from de Gram to Edmund, a ninety eight fastball that Edmund did not miss. It's head downstairs right now to here from Tommy. Everything you've you've faced the ground in his med stays at all.
Speaker 4: No, that was the first time i'd faced him. You know, he's been one of the nastiest pitchers of the game for a while, so I was excited for the challenge.
Speaker 5: What what did you get? Just die fastball?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just had die fastball? Did you think good? List Yalla motos mm hmmm. I mean he's been man on a mission. He's pretty much unstoppable. Yeah, it's fun playing behind him. You pretty much know what you're gonna get every time and seven shoutout of things today against AID. You know, a good lineup. They've got a lot of really talented players, a lot of good hitters in that lineup, So to make them look the way that he did, it was pretty incredible.
Speaker 5: How good was that command?
Speaker 3: One of his build is sort of locate everything head on the hedges.
Speaker 5: Of the plate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean his execution has just been unreal all year. He just has so many, so many ways to get ahead of hitters, you know, like he is that two to oh you can dump in a curveball, you can just die a fastball away, just so many ways to get back in the count. And then once he's up in the count, you know, he's got a lot of pitches to put him away. So he just he has something for every situation and he's been executing all of them.
Speaker 6: Seeing him to you know, toe to toe Degron kind of just drive in the fast like just you know how good he is, Like the hell.
Speaker 4: Of here with this year, Oh for sure. You know, he's one of the best pitchures in our game right now. I can't really imagine anybody being better than him right now. Yeah, it's been fun to play behind him.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Tommy Edman, who is very humble and hungry and continues to be everything for the Dodgers, including the National League home run leader with seven home runs. Now, just awesome, an awesome night of baseball, A game that took two hours and twenty two minutes in front of a sellout crowd of thirty eight thousand, six hundred and twenty three and many of them home happy wearing Dodger jersey.
Speaker 3: So a great night.
Speaker 2: And like I said in spring training, I saw something in Yama Moto. I'm not a guy that has all the computer data, but I saw a guy that had a lot of swagger, a lot of confidence, and even in his bullpen sessions at camel Back Ranch, was attacking it with a mission.
Speaker 3: And now we've seen that carry over. He's going to win the.
Speaker 2: National League Cy Young Award eight six six seven, two five seventy. Let's go out to the two one three, Eric, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Eric?
Speaker 6: That Dave gv Bo statement, You're already gonna declare, yo, yo, she canna win a SiO Award right now.
Speaker 3: I called it in spring training. I'm just doubling down.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, he's looking good. And I'm gonna tell you right now, name.
Speaker 2: Another picture in baseball that's better than Yama Moto right now?
Speaker 3: Can you me? Or may not watch all of them?
Speaker 2: There is not another pitcher right now that is pitching better than Yamamoto.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna jinx my dude because on the message boards I said the same thing. Man.
Speaker 2: You know you saw what he did toward message boards don't count when you say it here.
Speaker 3: It matters.
Speaker 6: What I'm gonna say right now is that Yoshi's pitching well, I'm knocking Jenson's He's pitching well. There's very few players in my sports fandom that I hold highly. Okay, there there's very few players when it comes to the Lakers right now. Is Austin Reeves right, Cooper Cup I love Pooper Nakoula on the Dodgers team. Tommy Edmund is on that Mount rushmore of my favorite players ever. Okay, this dude is a gamer. Man, Are you telling me right now this dude is leading the league in home runs?
Speaker 3: Is that you're telling you that it's seven home runs? Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, big time player. Whether if it's in the leadoff spot in the cleanup spot, whether if it's second base or center field. My dude, performance, man, you know what I mean. And I just love what he's doing. And let me lead you with.
Speaker 5: This, Dave.
Speaker 6: And I've been hammering this mantra last season. Okay, I said show Hayen needs to bat with runners on.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying you taking him off the leadoff spot, but the ninth hitter is to me, one of the most important spots. You can't have show hay continue to hit with nobody on base, man, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the dynamics might be changing. The dynamics might be changing. If the Dodgers can't find a winning, winning formula like they had last year where Rojas and Lux eight nine, then they may have to consider to have Otani move down in the order and have Tommy Edmund lead off and let the big dog eat and have more guys in scoring position. I understand what you're saying. You're a great caller. Don't waste your time on the message boards. Call here because this is what matters. That's all fake, that's all fake. Come back here where there's real people. Thanks Eric eight sixty six nine, eight, seven, two, five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Hey, he brings up a valid point.
Speaker 2: If the Dodgers can't get their eight to nine hitters on base, if they can't find that combo, I agree with him. Tommy Edmund can hit first, he could hit seventh, he could hit third. We saw him hit clean up last year. If we can't, if the Dodgers can't find the right combination to flip that lineup over, and Otani is starting innings more than coming up with runners on base, you gotta consider to change because, like I've told you, Andre Ethier told me this many years ago. Every season is unique to itself. So what work last year may not be working this year. The group of players are different. It's not a huge difference, but there's some key players that are not in the same position as they were last year.
Speaker 3: You know, Father Time is undefeated.
Speaker 2: Rojas had an unbelievable offensive season, but he's not an everyday player anymore, and he's hitting under two hundred. Gavin Lux is in Cincinnati playing left field, so you don't have those eight to nine guys. And until the Dodgers figure that out, I would consider maybe moving Otani down and having him come up with more runners on base eight six, six, nine, seven, two, five seventy is.
Speaker 3: The phone number.
Speaker 2: Mike, you were here at the game at Globelive Field. Are you from Lay? Are you a Texas native?
Speaker 5: Hey, Dave, I am from LA. I live in Texas now and it was so good to see my boys in blue.
Speaker 3: This is their.
Speaker 2: Home away from home. Don't let anybody let tell you anything different.
Speaker 7: It truly is.
Speaker 6: I was in twenty twenty, was at some NLCS games. I was at the World Series, and every time they come here, I make sure to make a point.
Speaker 2: I'm coming to all three games this weekend, and I just want to see him win all three games. All right, Mike, thanks for the phone call. We'll see you out here the next two nights. And there have been a lot of Dodger fans. I'm not really sure. Why is this like a spring break bucket list place to come to? Because I gotta be honest with you, outside of sports, this town has nothing to offer. I mean outside of coming to the game, it has nothing to offer. I mean, how many times can I go to the book depository here? There's only so And I'm a huge JFK conspiracy theorist. But there's only so many times I can go there. So outside of eating, drinking, and baseball, there's not much this town offers. So I was a little surprised so many Dodger fans showed up. But I will say this, if I'm a Dodger fan, I want to see this place because this was the place the Dodgers ran the table in the bubble and won the World Series.
Speaker 3: So if I'm a Dodger fan.
Speaker 2: I'm coming here when they're playing, just to take it all in and remember so many great moments. Will Smith versus Will Smith, the Justin Turner tag On Ozuna, the great catches by Mookie Betts and Cody Bellinger in the outfield, the home runs by Keith k A and Bellinger, Kevin Cash walking out to that mound and taking Blake Snell out, all those things. I want to remember an experience. Let's go out to Carlsbad RT. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, RT?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. We've established that.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say, hey, I've had a rough time. I had a rough last ten days or so. I'm hanging in there. I was driving home from the hospital and I put on the radio and it was Dodger Talk and I heard you guys talking. Dude, I bleed, Dodger Blue Man. I love the Dodgers my whole life. And I heard you guys talking, and you know, people were smashing on Monthy. I love Monkey dude. I'm a lifelong Dodger boy. And I like Punky Man. He can that guy. He's a badass and I like him.
Speaker 5: He's a good dude.
Speaker 7: So everybody needs to calm down on and just let him do his thing like he always does.
Speaker 2: All right, Artie, thanks for the phone call. Appreciated and hope you feel better hopeful as well.
Speaker 3: Glad you were.
Speaker 2: Coming out of the hospital, and I'm honored that you turned on Dodger Talk. Look, Munsey's starting to see the ball a lot better. I mean he's taking his walks, he's getting hits. The home runs are going to come. It's just a matter of time. So I like what I'm starting to see from Montsey. It seems like he's starting to get his feet underneath him. And tonight he made two great plays in the ninth inning to help the Dodgers hold off the Rangers in the ninth inning. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number when we continue more of your phone calls. Also, we're gonna get into Tanner Scott. I know he has seven saves, but he has not looked like the Tanner Scott we saw last year. So we'll get into that and we'll look at what the Dodgers are doing without the big three intact for a lot of their games so far this season. Dodgers shut out the Rangers three to nothing on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: On air at AM five to seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available my podcast on the iHeartRadio ASP.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassaying.
Speaker 6: Scrubs into his one and Ben swings it, hits it eye the ear right field, pushing back toward the wall.
Speaker 4: It as gone.
Speaker 3: Tommy with a tank to kick things off, going.
Speaker 6: Into the bullpen in right center field, and just like that, Edmund's seventh home run of the year makes it one nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 2: That was the only run the Dodgers scored off of Jacob de Gram the second pitch of the game. Tommy Edmund leading off in place of Shell hay Otani, who is on the paternity list as he and his wife are expecting their first child. Tommy Edmund with three hits tonight, including that home run to lead off the game off of Jacob de Gram, and the Dodgers shut out the Rangers tonight, three to nothing in front of a sellout crowd of thirty eight thousand, six hundred and twenty three. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. Go to AM five to seventy LA sports dot com and use keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers owned the dream. It was a big night for Tommy Edmund. Ta Oscar Hernandez continues to be a run producer. Knowing the situation top of the ninth inning, the Dodgers up one nothing, got a runner in scoring position with one out. All he does with two strikes is go the opposite way to drive in a run. And he's now hitting three sixty eight with runners in scoring position and the Dodgers needed every one of those two runs.
Speaker 3: In the ninth inning.
Speaker 2: Because it's kind of been a high wire act for Tanner Scott.
Speaker 3: We knew how good he was last year.
Speaker 2: The fastball used to or last year had a lot of life on it, had that rising type of action on it. But so far this season the fastball has been very ordinary. And in fact, in that ninth inning, Tenor Scott's fastball dipped to as low as ninety four were miles an hour. And like I mentioned, I was standing next to Elvis Andrews in that ninth inning and he faced Tanner Scott when he was in his beginning his Marlin's career, and he said, I mean, as as a right handed hitter, I love facing lefties except that guy. For whatever reason, his slider, his fastball just got on me as a right handed hitter like no other left handed pitcher. But what he saw tonight was not the same Tanner Scott that we saw last year or the one he faced a few years back. He noticed the late life on his fastball was not what it usually is, and he said, either he's protecting some sort of barking elbow or it's a dead arm. But something's going on with his fastball because it's not the same. And if you go back to even the Rockies game where the Dodgers almost gave that game up two nights ago, the way he got his strikeouts was with the Rockies chasing his He didn't get it with his fastball. So that's something to keep an eye on because Tanner Scott has been finding a way, but it hasn't been dominant like we saw last year. He has seven saves, and remember the first week the Dodgers came back from their trip in Tokyo, Dave Roberts even didn't pitch him in save situations. He had Blake Trenin pitching in save situations because he said Scott was working out some mechanical issues. So this time of year, at different points, relievers starters sometimes get what they call that dead arm period that you get at the end of spring training. Maybe that's something. How much was he used last year? I mean the Padres used him a lot at the end of last year because he was going to be a free agent, and we all know a lot of teams when a player is going to be a free agent, they kind of use and abuse him as far as usage goes. Because they know they're not going to resign him back, but it's something to keep an eye on. And Max Munsey saved this game with two great plays defensively. And I know a lot of you have been getting on Max for his defense, but he silenced the critics tonight. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers shut out the Rangers three to nothing. Tommy Edmond, like I said, lead off home run ta Oscar with attack on run in the ninth and Will Smith a sacrifice fly as well to attack on two in the ninth inning for the Rangers.
Speaker 3: Corey Seeger was two for four tonight.
Speaker 2: He had a costly throwing era in the ninth inning that cost the Rangers a run. And Jock Peterson's early season struggles continued tonight. The former Dodger, former Giant who got a big contract from the Rangers is now hitting oh fifty seven on the season. My guy joc Tober is just three for fifty four to begin the year, and coming into the game tonight.
Speaker 3: This will shock you.
Speaker 2: Jack Peterson, who was a fastball hitter, is hitting only zero thirty three on fastballs this season. He was late on every Yamamoto fastball tonight. I couldn't understand why Yama Moto wouldn't throw all fastballs. Why was he messing around with a splitter and all these other pitches. It was obvious Peterson couldn't catch up to it. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to New Jersey the Jersey Shaw with Paul. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Paul.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well, David, Thank you very much. Very exciting laundry.
Speaker 2: Today, Paul, excuse me, Jim Tan laundry on the Jersey Show tonight.
Speaker 5: No, I don't live on the Jersey Shore. I'm the guy I spoke to you at the Phillies after the Phillies game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember you. Yeah, you came to see the Dodgers in Philly.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I I've been a fannine. There we go, right, forty nine Yell.
Speaker 2: How about this, Paul, You'll love this. Today's the anniversary of Vince Scully calling his first game as a Dodger broadcaster.
Speaker 5: Yeah I heard I heard some of that chatter. Yeah, he was a great one. So I mean, I I guess you know you. You state your your position very clearly. It's a long season, man, you know you can't. We have a good team and these guys believe in themselves, and you know, the Dodger tradition is alive now and with that tradition, that's going to carry you through bad times. And so I mean month, sye a bad play here and there by other player. It's a long season. Can't point out on one play. So I was disappointed I couldn't get to you on Jackie Robinson Day, you know, because I was a little boy, I got to see Jackie play, so that was really meaningful for me.
Speaker 2: But what was it like to see John play in person? There's not too many people that can say that.
Speaker 3: What was it like? What do you remember?
Speaker 5: Well? He was an imposing figure. He was a very great athlete, very strong and quick, and he was I don't think baseball was his best sport, but he was able to succeed and I never viewed him as an overpowering player in that he was you know, he was responsible for the success of the Dodgers. It really wasn't him. It was Campanella, Duke Snider, Bill Hodgers, Jim Gilliam, Dewey Reese. Those are the guys that really led the team. But you know the story as I got older a little boy, I didn't really understand it when I was a little boy, but as I got older with regard to Jackie breaking the color line, that was you know today, for me to think about that, it's absolutely amazing. But I'm a Dodger fan. I'm a David Batsay fan, that stay fan. I love the way you describe things. I love the your description. You get into details. You know, for I happen to be blind. Also, not that that means a lot, but you know, as a blind person very often announces, never really communicate details. Man. You knock it out, brother, So I know what's really going on. So good stow Man.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, call back anytime, Paul, and I got to share a story with you.
Speaker 3: My father in law, the Great Rob Blackman, grew up in.
Speaker 2: The Bronx and his dad took him to a lot of Yankee games, Brooklyn Dodger games, and he remembers being at the game in nineteen fifty three at Ebbittsfield where Campanella needed to hit I think three home runs to get thirty five to have the most home runs by a catcher that year. He that was the first time he went to a Brooklyn Dodgers game, and that was the year Campanella won his second MVP Award and drove in one hundred and forty two runs and hit forty one home runs that year. So I got I got some connections.
Speaker 3: To the borough too. So yeah, Roy Campanella.
Speaker 2: I know he won three MVPs and I know he's a Hall of Famer, but I still feel like he is one of the most underrated players in baseball history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a very sad situation with his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he never played in LA, never played in LA, but he always had that great spirit about him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I always thought he was going to recover. Like I was a little kid, and you know, you didn't hear much about it, you know, and I was thinking, well, he'll be back, He'll be back. So I believe that for a few years. But obviously he wasn't capable of coming back.
Speaker 2: But he never let that wheelchair change who he was as a person. From the stories I heard from Mike Sosia and other players that were around Campy, and they had his own little area to help teach the catchers. He never let that wheelchair confine his spirit or his life. And I think that's a great metaphor for all of us.
Speaker 5: Yes it is, it is very much so.
Speaker 3: All right, Mael, have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: We'll see you soon, okay, yes, yes, keep take care.
Speaker 3: We'll talk soon. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Paul.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Bad choice of words. I'm sorry, Paul.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you soon, and appreciate all the kind words. And yeah, Paul, cross the state line, the Jersey state line to comes see the Dodgers in Philadelphia. Gotta say here in Texas, the conditions were a lot better.
Speaker 3: A roof was on.
Speaker 2: It's about eighty one degrees outside, much different than forty degree rainy temperatures in Philadelphia. And I actually believe that we might be seeing a World Series preview. I believe the Rangers have a great shot of getting through the American League, especially if de Gromp can stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Maybe they add a reliever.
Speaker 2: They have a really good team, and they're not that far removed from winning the World Series. I mean, tonight we had on the field a global life field the last two World Series winners, and the American League's not that great, so I kind of feel like this is a very real possibility that the Dodgers and Rangers could see each other again in October.
Speaker 3: And how sweet would that be?
Speaker 2: The Dodgers and Rangers playing the Dodgers obviously Dodgers Stadium, but then here at Global Life Field, they're home away from home when they won their other World Series championship in twenty twenty, and coming back here, I gotta tell you, I'm with the players, even though they were on their own little bubble. I was in my own bubble up here in the broadcast booth. You know, Joe Davis and I can say something that nobody else can say. I was the first one to occupy the home radio booth here at Global Life Field, and Joe Davis and John Smoltz can say they were the first broadcasters to occupy the home TV booth because during the entire postseason run they were calling the games. I was doing Dodger talk and postgame and all that from the home radio booth here a Global Life Field, and I took a walk by the hotel that I was staying at for three and a half weeks away from my wife and kids, and you know, a lot of memories keep flunning back. And if you listen to my conversation with Mookie Betts on the iHeartRadio app. He was our pregame guest, you'll hear his thoughts and memories about playing here during the twenty season. And he had no idea that I was even here. That's how disconnected I was from the players. Even though I was here in Texas and I was here at Global Life I feeld, none of them realized that I was here.
Speaker 3: Even when we would do interviews.
Speaker 2: They thought I was back in La So a lot of memories come back here good, a lot good. But obviously being away and being isolated was was something that you'll never forget. And then, oh, by the way, I take a plane flight home and get COVID. So that's the way my twenty twenty World Series season ended. Let's go out to Brian and Burbank. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: Hi, Brian, Hey Dave. Wow, that was a crazy exchange there with Paul.
Speaker 8: That last color Yeah, man, he was right, Yeah, that was that was wild.
Speaker 3: Do you do you admire me? Do you deify me? As much as Paul does.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're good.
Speaker 8: I like listening to Hey, Okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: I'll take it.
Speaker 8: You do a really good job getting an insight on you.
Speaker 3: You don't sound convincing, but i'll take it.
Speaker 8: Brian, thank you. The main reason I was calling is you made a comment, you know, maybe a few series back. I don't know if it was Philly or against Washington, but you had kind of let people know that Conforto and they offer weren't there for the defense, and I just thought they kind of have been changing it around since the Rocky series, and that played Conforto made tonight. I was wondering what your thoughts were where you say that run going home there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Conforto made a nice play.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't cut that ball off and get the ball back to the infield as quickly as he did accurately to the cutoff man, Simeon's scoring and we have a one to one game, and who knows where it goes after that.
Speaker 3: So he made a great play.
Speaker 2: Will Smith had a great you know, strike him out, throw him out to end the seventh and month Sye obviously in the ninth inning, playing through it unlike Josh Young who did not play through the pirates call.
Speaker 3: So that was a big break for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, and you do a good job, Dave.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brian, you don't have to try to make up for it. I understand you're lukewarm. It's fine. I'll win you over. The vast a charm will win you over like it wins everybody over.
Speaker 8: Right on.
Speaker 3: Thanks, okay, Brian.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the phone call. Let's take one more phone call before we say good night. Javier in all Hambra, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing Hoavy air walk us off tonight?
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, I just want to hear all the naysayers Max Muncy, because I came on here a couple of weeks. Yes, Hey, you just have to see more.
Speaker 6: He just has to be patient, and that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 5: Max.
Speaker 6: Musty's being patient and he's getting hits.
Speaker 1: Also, how about his defense defense too, He was getting it from both ends. But the Oscar too. The Oscar went up in a big spot and didn't try to.
Speaker 5: Do too much.
Speaker 1: And man, he's got to give it to him. Man, that was a big knock. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 2: Ta Oscar and Tommy Edmond have been the two most valuable Dodgers to begin this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, I agree with one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: All right, did you have something else you wanted to say? I'm sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 3: On a summering tale.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, no, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, hove here, thanks a lot for calling and walking us off on a good note. Here is the stat of the night for you show. Hey, Otani not in the Dodgers starting lineup tonight because of a non injury related issue, A good issue that his wife is going to give birth to their first child sometime this weekend and may already have happened. I don't know, but think about this, the Dodgers Big three of Otani, Betts, and Freddie Freeman, they have been in the same starting lineup out of the first twenty one games only seven times for different reasons. Smokie with the stomach issue, Freddie reaggravating his right ankle, and Otani now on the paternity list for the birth of his child. So keep that in mind as well. We have not seen the Big three in the same lineup in the same game that many times so far this year, only seven games out of their first twenty one, and the Dodgers have been able to really play well for the most part. Fifteen and six second place in the NL West. Tonight they hand the Rangers only their second loss here at Globlife Field this season. The Rangers twelve to eight, first place in the AL West.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Another great pitching matchup, or i should say, an interesting pitching matchup with Roki Sazaki on the mound looking for his first win. He was really good his last time out, going up against former Dodger Nathan Avaldi, who has two World Series rings, won with the Red Sox in twenty eighteen, the other in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: With these Rangers.
Speaker 2: Avaldi is one and two this season with an ERA of two point fifty five. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at noon tomorrow with first pitch at one oh five. Rick Monday and Steven Nelson on the call. That'll do it for us tonight from Globe Live Field. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here in Texas with us, and thanks to you for listening in case you miss any of the show. You can find it on the iHeartRadio app. That's also where you can hear our full pregame conversation with Mookie Betts. He gave us some insightful answers, and tomorrow night we'll have more time to share.
Speaker 3: Some of that with you as well.
Speaker 2: Once again, the final score from Globe Live Field. The Dodgers shut out the Rangers three to nothing. Have a great rest of your Friday. You're good Friday.
Speaker 3: See'm six
Speaker 6: F