Speaker 1: Yea ripped off news.
Speaker 2: You need advice who you don't.
Speaker 1: Have, come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez, welcome.
Speaker 2: Welcome, my friends to the Only Shovi. It's kay. We're here to solve problems, answer questions. You know what we do. We get directly involved in any problem you have. We like helping out. We like recouping money to the tune of over three hundred million dollars. Think about that. You got a bad contractor in your life right now, We're here to help you. Got a landlord trying to give you the business. Maybe the heat doesn't work. We've had a lot of those lately, and we have been extremely successful in fat guys. What deputy got the lady a new apartment because it's smelled so that was real reason was.
Speaker 4: That Bow, Deputy Bow.
Speaker 2: Deputy Bow got this lady listened to this her place stunk so bad. Deputy Bow went over there, he verified it was absolutely rancid, went and talked to the people in charge. They have a new building very close to where that older building was, brand new apartment and they got her all lined up that's the kinds of things we do. And you can't put a dollar figure on that. I don't know what what is your smell worth? What is your sanity worth? I mean, really think about that. You know, odors are kind of funny. When Suzanne had COVID, and it wasn't Once she had COVID, and I'm talking the real COVID, the original, the twenty twenty model of COVID OG, the og COVID, it kicked her right in her ass. She kept telling me afterwards, I can't stand the smell of different things. This is after all the other symptoms were gone. So maybe a couple of weeks after COVID was I guess out of her body, you wouldn't want me making coffee.
Speaker 4: Well, Mark, what happened is I got the the.
Speaker 5: Virus like December seventh, eighth, something like that. Within a week, completely no smellsoever. And then so by the end of February I was thinking, Man, my coffee, really it.
Speaker 4: Just doesn't taste right.
Speaker 5: Maybe I just need to change it up now that my smell's coming back, and quickly realized everything went distorted and the coffee didn't matter what it was.
Speaker 4: Made me want to vomit.
Speaker 2: Guys, she actually joined different Facebook groups and other groups support groups. It was unbelievable. I mean, really, if she an empty coffee cup in empty.
Speaker 4: You left in the car all morning.
Speaker 2: Get into the car was happy. What was worse though, the no smell or the dranged.
Speaker 5: The smell, distorted smell, And then I couldn't make sense of anything.
Speaker 6: To cook for you or the kids.
Speaker 5: So you guys trying to TV dinner in the oven, but even just simple oven fume.
Speaker 6: We try you in sane would put me in tears.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Listen, here's what we do, though, We get involved in your life. We try to help out. We've got a list of experts, attorneys, contractors, roofers, you name it, a referral list dot com. And that's what we do here, day in, day out. If you've been ripped off, I want to hear from you, or maybe you just got a question. We got one line open three zero three seven, one three eight two five five. Hey Perry, what is going on with you?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 8: Well? I bought it twenty nineteen Dodge Rebel from Larry Hmuller on the seventh seventeenth.
Speaker 2: Of February twenty nineteen, Dodge Rebel. I have never heard of a Dodge Rebel. Keep talking, I'm gonna look it up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was my dream truck. I always wanted one to them. Well, on the fifth March it caught fire. It didn't catch fire in the engine compartment and caught fire between the bed and the cab underneath. So and the fire department did come pretty quick and they put it out.
Speaker 2: Well, what did they say caused I'm dying here. What they say caused the fire?
Speaker 8: Was it just city o yet? And they don't know what caused the fire?
Speaker 2: And Arry was it helped me out a little bit. Was the vehicle on? Where was the vehicle?
Speaker 8: It was a county line in Santa Fe at a light, okay, and it died. Had my ninety two year old mother with me.
Speaker 2: Timing, jeez, it wouldn't start.
Speaker 8: So I got out, was flagging traffic around the truck and called Larry H. Miller to come and get it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: And while I was on the phone with them, I turned around the I've seen the flames coming up between the cab and the bed.
Speaker 2: Man. I hope you grabbed your mother.
Speaker 8: Hang because I hollered fired. And he's a little hang up and call nine one one. So I did they came and put the fire out. Now I'm having a problem with the insurance company.
Speaker 2: You know what? That is a whole on a second, that is an incredible story. A couple things. One, I assume your mother you got her out of the vehicle. Oh yeah, so everybody was fine. How bad did it get? Did it like burn down to ashes? Did the firemen show up and put it out? I mean, is it totaled? What happened?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, the fireman did show up and put it out, but we're not sure if it's told or not. Being the fire was underneath. I think it probably melted the wiring harness. So now I'm trying. I filed acclaim the next day on the sixth of March, and they have not done anything. They've been wanting pictures. Larry H. Miller did send pictures of the truck.
Speaker 2: So it's back at Larry H. Miller at there. Do they have a body shop or what do they have there?
Speaker 8: No, they don't have a body shop or anything there.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna need body work? Is it gonna need like a paint job or you just don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm sure if it bust out the back window, it burnt the bed up pretty good. Wow, I'm sure it burnt the wiring hardness underneath.
Speaker 2: What insurance company do you have?
Speaker 8: It's uh state though that Mountain storm is the terrier?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, So what do they say three weeks? I filed on the sixth of March, Yeah, and still nothing.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a few questions. Do you have rental coverage or are you in a rental?
Speaker 9: No? Larry H.
Speaker 8: Miller did give me a rental after after a complaint. So there you're paying for me a rental.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is safe co saying when you talk to him? Are they saying we still got to send somebody out there? What? What are they saying? What's the newest update?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 8: Saint pol has been wanting pictures of the truck. Yeah, and the dealership did go out and take pictures and send them. Okay, now they want more, Now they want more pictures.
Speaker 2: Well okay, And is the dealership doing their part.
Speaker 9: The Larry H.
Speaker 8: Miller, Yes, is doing their part. Well, I'm having a hard time getting the adjuster out there to actually look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so curious. The fire aspect of it. Who did you say your insurance broker was.
Speaker 8: Mountain State, Mountain Storm, and.
Speaker 2: The Mountain storm. So what do they say when you call them.
Speaker 8: Up, they see they are still trying to get the adjuster to come to some answers. They put it back on the adjuster.
Speaker 2: You know what, that would piss me off, man. That's why I use Compass insurance. And I'm not going to sit here and explain every reason why. I'm not going to turn it into a commercial, but let me. I want to see if we can get Brian on Kelly. I want to see if one of his people can call up on this guy's behalf. I assume you have your policy number or claim number. Yeah, we got a light of fire under their ass. I mean, really your mountain whoever should be doing this. But you know what, you called the right place. These guys will get through to them and figure out what's going on. I can't imagine, like how high were the flames coming? I mean, was it like englfed or what?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I could send you a video.
Speaker 2: I love that. I would love to see the video. In fact, I'm going to put you on hold get that to Kelly. I want to see that video big time. Maybe we'll put it up on our YouTube channel so people can see it. But I can't imagine they're not going to total it. I mean, if it looks like you're describing in golfed in flames, I can't imagine all the problems there could be with that. Every single wire running to the fuel pump, that back window goes out. How about the upholstery. Is it leather? What is it? Is it pleather? Leather? Is it cloth? Did it burn up?
Speaker 8: It didn't look too bad, and I think it's got a lot of smoke damage.
Speaker 2: Oh, the smoke damage could be absolutely insane. In fact, is it a cloth seatings? I don't even know how you would get rid of that much smoke.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know it's kind of a combination cloth and vinyl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that thing could be just saturated. I mean, this is insane. Hold on, Kelly's going to get that information, and then Kelly, let's see if we can't get Brian on. I mean he's talking the sixth. That's three weeks. I mean, I realize companies are a little slow right now. I happen not to like Safeco in general. I used to like them up until I had a claim with them, and they're a pain in the ass to work with. I had to hire Matt, I had to hire a public adjuster match just to get it done. They denied the claim right off the back.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just with safe Co. We get these little checks.
Speaker 6: Every few months mark for having no claims and whatnot.
Speaker 4: I thought you would happy with them.
Speaker 2: Up until yesterday where our daughter got pulled over going up to backed up to law school.
Speaker 4: And layer me, can we still ground her?
Speaker 2: You know what, she's going to be an attorney this year and she's speeding. She said she had to change your bar application because you got to list every day. You've got it, yeah, updated, because you got to list every single thing. Look, we got one line open three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three. Martino, we got an issue with a loss check. In fact, I guess Bo's working on that. We're going to see what's going on there. And then Chris has an issue with the car insurance claim. That'll be too that'll be too right there. Maybe Brian can help with that too. Everybody hold on.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until your tenth.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 11: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got one line open. You need some help, I'd love to hear from you. Hey, Perry, here's the bottom line. Let me go to Perry Kelly. Put him back on hold. Please, Hey, Perry, look, I've got a call in to Brian. We're gonna have Brian reach out to Safeco. You know twenty days is not crazy. I know you want to get this thing fixed, and I know that aspect of the situation sucks. I mean, this is why we have insurance, not to sit around three weeks not knowing if we're getting a new card, not knowing if this is going to be repay But I kind of fight for this to be replaced after a fire like that. But I'm going to see what Brian's got to say about that. So Kelly's gonna grab your info. The second we hear from Brian, we're gonna call and reach back out to you. Sound good, sound good?
Speaker 8: Thanks?
Speaker 2: All right? Hold on, man, make sure she gets that information. And you know the other thing I could do, you know what, Kelly, I would like to try Petty Details. I would like to ask them a question on how can you get an insurance company to total it? Hey, you really don't want this fixed, do you? Berry? Don't you want to just go buy a new vehicle. If I had a vehicle that I just bought and all of a sudden it was in flames, I'm not so sure I would want that vehicle back. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Oh, that you're correct, There's no way I want that truck back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, hold on, hold on. I want to ask someone at Petty Details. They're one of our experts on valuation. They deal with insurance companies all the time. And what I'm curious about, can you invoke a certain clause in that contract to where if you can prove the value of that vehicle I just got to ask Perry what's his first name, Susanne, what's Petty's first name?
Speaker 4: It's Justin Petty, Justin Petty.
Speaker 2: Let's try to get him on meantime, Hey, Chris, what's going on with you and Jamie? I'll come to you after that. Three h three Martino one line open Chris.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So March tenth, I was my wife was involved in an accent in a parking lot. She was pulling out of a spot and got hit by somebody attempting to go around her. I've already put stuff into the insurance. My insurance is kind of handling it, but at the moment they're showing it as like a shared liability or shared responsibility for both parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: However, after like reviewing photos and kind of just taking the time to look at things and analyze things, it definitely appears like the other party was speeding to the parking lot and was possibly on their phone or something and not paying attention because my wife was like completely out of the parking space.
Speaker 2: And where did she get hit? Describe where the damage is on both cars.
Speaker 13: So we drive a minivan. The damage was done on the back bumper of our minivan and what hit the back bumper hit their front bumper, So they were driving, she's backing out. That's going to be a tough one man. I mean, what videos do you have? What evidence? I understand you.
Speaker 2: Have pictures, But in other words, how would you prove that she didn't back out and that car was already there and when she backed out the bumper her back bumper hit his or her front bumper? How would you prove that.
Speaker 13: One is the location? Because it's not so much like directly in the back, it's more towards the side, like just right behind the rear tire. And then again in just in terms of like direction of travel, that's really all I have. And their damage is on the front of their bumper, not so much like on the side. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But what what are they trying to do? A fifty to fifty to fifty one fifty? What are they trying to do?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 13: As far as I know now, they're trying to do it like fifty to fifty like shared liability. But I mean, just if you saw the pictures, you would you'd look at it and say, there's no way that it's like fifty to fifty. There's it's just it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Let's see the pics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to see the pictures too. But here's the deal, man, I don't know how you're gonna convince is it doesn't happen to be the same insurance company. No, I okay, that's good. So who's telling you? Your insurance company is telling you it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 13: Both insurance companies are telling me at fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: And they're telling the other driver the same. Did the other driver admit guilt on the scene, Not that that really even matters, but did they.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 13: Honestly, the other driver was super hostile and it was difficult to get information from them. I mean we did eventually, but yeah.
Speaker 2: And then, of course, because it's private property, there's no ticket issued or anything. And you say speeding through there, I don't know how you'd prove that. I mean, really, the best you're going to do in this situation, man, I mean, if you send them the photos, there's no reason for your insurance company not to fight for you if they thought they could possibly win this. But they're looking at it from two stances. One is an economical stance. If the other insurance company is going, look, there's no way we're going to pay out on this. That would be a court battle under you know, you know we're not talking a lot of damage. It wouldn't even make sense. So from an economical standpoint, I don't know why they would go forward on this if they can't prove it.
Speaker 13: It ended up totaling out my vehicle.
Speaker 2: How the hell did it total out your vehicle?
Speaker 13: It ended up deploying our curtain airbag in our in our minivan, like it ended up deploying the airbag.
Speaker 2: What year is that thing?
Speaker 13: Twenty thirteen?
Speaker 2: And what are they valuing it at? It must be a really low value.
Speaker 13: They're valuing. I don't I haven't gotten a cash value from the insurance company yet. Yeah, they totaled it out at like seventy five dollars.
Speaker 2: And you do have coverage on your side, right, correct? So in other words, what's your deductible.
Speaker 13: Not deductible of one thousand?
Speaker 2: So you know the only thing you're going to lose out on here is that deductible. What you could do, honestly, Chris, and this is probably what I would do if you really have those pictures, and the pictures are speaking for what happened. I mean, if they actually tell the tale. Here's the deal. You go through your insurance company, you get that check for a seventy five hundred and sixty five hundred whatever it is. Then you go after the other driver individually in small claims court for the thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, the other thing with your insurance company is they got to give you a fair price on that vehicle. I don't know what it is, but we might have Petty on. I always want to say Richard Petty, I swear to God, I always do not Tom Petty. Yeah, or Tom Petty. We're going to have Petty details on in a minute. If you want. We could ask them what that value is. But if they're not going to give you the correct value, but as far as proving it, I wouldn't even mess around with it since you have coverage. I mean, it's a fifty to fifty accident. I mean, I don't know what else you're going to do about it. It's really going to be up to your insurance company, man. And if they're agreeing with that, there's nothing you're going to do to twist their arm. Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 13: That makes sense. It's a it's the family van. It's got a sentimental value and we don't want to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Well, the sentimental value is worth zero.
Speaker 13: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, what are you gonna buy? You're gonna get another mini van.
Speaker 13: We're probably gonna keep the van, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna buy. Now, why would you do that? I'm curious? Why would you do that?
Speaker 13: Well, we just spent seven thousand dollars last year replacing the engine. So it's got a brand new engine in it.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold on one sec. You stay on there, hold on, hey, justin, petty man, how are you doing good? Hey? Justin? Two thousand? Let me ask you because I have this guy up right now, twenty thirteen. Let me see what kind of van it was? Hey, what is it? Chris A twenty thirteen?
Speaker 13: What Honda Odyssey?
Speaker 2: And then how many miles on it?
Speaker 13: Well, it's got a brand new engine, but it's got one hundred and forty on the body.
Speaker 2: Now when you say a brand new engine, how much did you pay for the engine?
Speaker 13: Four grand?
Speaker 2: So you paid four grand? Who did it? Is it like a Jasper engine?
Speaker 13: I'm no master tech auto?
Speaker 2: And how long ago. How many miles.
Speaker 13: Are probably about twenty thousand miles ago.
Speaker 2: Well that's quite a while, Justin. I mean in that so question number one for you, does that engine bring any more value to that vehicle? A.
Speaker 14: I mean it's still it's still the van that it is, even with a new engine, with the Quilenz engine replaced.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well yeah, why was it? Did your other one throw a ride? Did it seize up or what happened?
Speaker 13: I get from what I was told the rearmain seal gave out while we were driving.
Speaker 2: Ye, And it's just the answer is it's old as hell. Justin.
Speaker 14: So, you said how many miles were on it? Again? You said it, but I missed that.
Speaker 8: Oh there was.
Speaker 13: There's one hundred and forty on the body, but about twenty thousand on the new engine. It was just a placed in January of last.
Speaker 2: Year, you know. I mean this goes with anything though, Justin. I mean, if I just put brand new tires on a vehicle and someone else smashes it into it and in totals a vehicle and the tires are a week old, I mean, do I get my money back on those tires as well as the value of the vehicle, or you've got to have tires on a vehicle, So it really doesn't bring anything extra. I have heard before if something is brand new, though, like a brand new set of tires that are a day or two old, you might get a little more. I mean generally speaking, how does that work?
Speaker 14: Yeah, you nailed it. I mean you've got to have tires, you've got to have an engine. If it doesn't have either of those, it's not worth anything. So but you don't you don't get the full value of the replacement cost of those things back. And of course it does matter when you put it on. If they're brand new, Yes, you're going to get a credit for it. If you just if you just put them on, you know, the two days before, you know, then yes, you to get some credit. Normally you get about you know, I don't know, fifty or sixty percent credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you had to have tires anyhow, right, Yeah, and with the engine, this thing's already got twenty thousand miles on it, I would assume that brings almost no extra value to the vehicle.
Speaker 14: I mean, think about it yourself. Do you want a car that's got a replaced engine in it? It's hard to say, yeah, it's not something that adds a lot of value, but of course, yeah, the circumstances can be. You know who put it in, you know where did it come from? Was it brand new? All that kind of.
Speaker 2: Can you do me a favor? Let me I got to take this break. Let me put you both on hold. But justin can you do me a favor? They're they're totaling that vehicle. He got hit by somebody. Actually he didn't get hit. It was a fifty to fifty deal according to both insurance companies, which I want to ask you about because that seems to happen more and more. But can you look up the value of that vehicle now that you have it? It's a thirteen odyssey with one hundred and forty thousand? Can you give us an idea?
Speaker 14: I can all right?
Speaker 2: Hold tight, man, I appreciate everybody. Hold tight. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got one line open.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, by the way, this show or this hour at least brought to you by Paul the Waterman, the best for less. They got a system under four thousand right now gets rid of well, it gets rid of the chlorine, It softens the water, and it gets rid of forever chemicals in the entire house. And they're throwing in a reverse osmosis for your kitchens sake. You're going to love this system. Other people sell it ten to fifteen thousand. Paul the water Man, he's got this thing under four grand. You got to get it this month, though. Check them out at waterpros dot net. They did our system. We couldn't be happier. They're absolutely great people now three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I want to jump back to Justin Petty with Petty details on our referral list. What is that Honda Odyssey worth so is it.
Speaker 14: Do we know the trim level?
Speaker 2: I bet he does? So on Oh, that was a great Channon, unbelievable, unbelievable. Let's get justin back up. Hey, what's the trim level of that? Chris?
Speaker 13: That's an EXL EXL.
Speaker 2: He's going to pull that up and we're going to figure out what it's worth. But here's the bottom line. And if your own insurance company is going to undervalue it, you understand that that engine probably didn't bring anything to the game rightly, and I wouldn't keep it, man, We'll ask our expert about that. But just doing this show for so many years, honest to god, Man, I don't know why you would keep that vehicle. It's probably going to need a transmission soon, it's probably gonna need other stuff. Why why wouldn't you think of just getting something else? You just love the fact that it's got that engine.
Speaker 8: Well, that's part of it.
Speaker 13: The other thing is, like, I've taken pretty darn good care of it. It's in really good shake.
Speaker 2: I know I heard you. I thought you were kind of joking about this sentimental value, but I think you were actually telling the truth a little worn't.
Speaker 13: You a little bit Yeah, I've taken really good care of it. It's been on a lot of adventures. He's been a lot of cross country trips with it.
Speaker 2: So let me guess you only drove it to churches, right, Yeah? Thanks, So justin it's a what is it again, Chris and EXL? Yesl EXL, sir.
Speaker 14: So you know eleven and a half thousand.
Speaker 2: Now, and he's thinking they're only going to offer him like seven. So what happens when you're dealing with your own insurance company and they're only going to offer you seven grand, and you've got an expert like you that does this for a living valuing cars, says it's worth eleven thousand. What's the next step?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Will you if it's your own insurance company, you invoke the appraisal provision of your policy and force them into a third party negotiation kick them out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what you do. You would represent them in that right, or at least that side. Rod.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they could hire us as their appraiser and then the carrier would have to hire their own appraiser and then you guys.
Speaker 2: Battle it out.
Speaker 14: Most of the time, we settle them pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, So Chris, if they don't offer you what you should be getting for that, you call justin up and these guys charge what do you charge five hundred bucks out the door? Yeah, that's it, five hundred bucks. And in the case you're talking about, that's a four thousand dollars difference. So, no matter what, the guy is going to be able to get you more money. What do you think about keeping that vehicle? Justin He's like, you know, they took it on trips with the kids, and he's tied to it or married to it somehow, and you know it's a twenty thirteen odyssey. I mean I would take the eleven to five and go get a newer vehicle or something else. If they offer it to sell back to him, because they're totaling it, how do you figure out what that value is?
Speaker 14: Well, that'd be the only reason it might be worth it. It's going to have a salvage title, and then they might undervalue the salvage with the new engine and such in it. Ye, so you might be able to keep it for a better deal. But it would just be the intrinsic value, like you said, that would make you want to keep it. I wouldn't want to keep it. I would, I'd let him have it.
Speaker 2: I'd let him have it too. Now, when if he and folks had appraisal clause? Is that appraisal clause when he hires you? Will that also include negotiating a buy back price?
Speaker 14: It will include the salvage value it does if you can argue that as well, can't you? That's right? Yeah, we can determine what it's worth in its wrecked condition for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it had it didn't you say it had airbags go off? Chris? Yes, I mean I don't know, man, I mean, that thing could be just a nightmare to put back together. But let me give you his number. Let me give you Justin's number, Chris. You can find him at referral list dot com or go to diminished value expert dot com. That's the best website for it, diminished value expert dot com. You got any other questions, Chris?
Speaker 13: Uh No, that pretty much covers it all.
Speaker 2: Right, hold tight, that's about it. What go ahead, Seruly.
Speaker 5: I just didn't want you to let Justin go because we have Perry with the car fire.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yes, that's what we hold Justin. We I actually got you on for a whole different reason. Hold tight, man, and we can free up that line. Hold on three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. We're gonna have two lines opening a minute three oh three Martino, than Jamie, I promise you're next. This one was crazy, if it's the one I'm thinking about. Her daughter got a check for like ten grand something around there and then lost it. It was a cashier's check, and this damn credit union wasn't doing a damn thing. They wouldn't cancel it and reissue it. It's a crazy story. I'm hoping we have it figured out, but I don't know. We'll find out together.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call help this insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: It's the same, all right, three oh three seventy one, three eight two five five three zero three Martino, we are going to have two lines open, one line right now. I'd love to hear from you. Here's the deal, though, I'm going to go back to Justin Perry. Hey, Justin Perry, or I'm sorry, Justin Petty Perry. The caller check this out. Man his vehicle at two Thoy nineteen Dodge fifteen hundred. Truck caught on fire at like a red light. Man. He jumped out, got his ninety two year old mother out of there so they're safe, and basically watched this thing become engulfed in flames. Fire engines showed up put it out. It's been sitting down at a dealership where he purchased it not too long ago, for almost twenty one days, and Safeco is the insurance company, and they're being really slow. I'm getting this thing checked out, but he doesn't want this vehicle back now. They haven't totaled it yet. They have asked for pictures. Then they called the dealership back up and asked for more pictures. But first question these days is at a long time twenty one days or that's like pretty much right on schedule these days.
Speaker 14: With a fire, that's probably that's probably regular, that.
Speaker 2: Is probably reasonable. Why is that? Why are fires harder? I don't get it.
Speaker 14: Well, they automatically flag them, and they involved assigning different people and a cause and origin experts. Okay, more administrative things that they have to do. I got his things lined up.
Speaker 2: So, Perry, I guess this is pre normal this time frame. Now, if they want to repair this thing, I can't imagine they'd want to it blew out the back window, the beds all kind of burn up, and the paints and the paints all nasty. Now, I mean, typically speaking a fire like he's describing, how would they fix that thing up?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 2: I mean just like you replace the seats. I mean those things are gonna smell forever. Have you ever seen where there's been a substantial fire and they don't get rid of the vehicle, They don't total it.
Speaker 14: No, no suck flood. I mean, it's got to be very minor for it not to total it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Perry, I don't think it's going to be an issue, and I think the timeframe is right on now. I didn't even think of that they've got to hire different experts to figure out the origin, because let's say this was a factory defect from Dodge or something, they might go after Dodge on this. I'm not saying that's what's going on, but they've got to figure out why this fire started.
Speaker 8: Well, that's good to know. I was wondering about the timeframe on the claimant. Seemed like they were dragging their feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought so too, up until Justin kind of enlightened us on that. Yeah, that's a whole different group of experts man, and he sent us a video Justin. I haven't looked at it yet, but apparently it's pretty bad, so they probably will totally. And I'm gonna tell you the same thing, Perry. If they offer you something, what did you pay for it? You said you bought it not long ago.
Speaker 8: They wanted thirty two and I traded the truck in and put five thousand down. About the extended warrant, Yeah, but what did you be kind of complicated?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, I wanted to ask you something on that, Justin. If someone bought an extended warranty or even a service plan, does the insurance company ever reimburse for that or just the vehicle.
Speaker 14: No, they're not going to pay for those things. But do those give you a pro rated Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, definitely, so rare Parry, you'll be able to get your money back a pro ration, which in your case is virtually the whole amount. So you got to deal with the dealer on that, and I don't care if it's a service plan or an extended warranty. Almost all the time, with very few exceptions, you should be able to get a pro ration back. And then the other thing, though, Perry, is if they're not going to offer you what you think that vehicle's worth, I want you to call up Justin Man because this guy's going to be able to get you the full value for it. And anybody out there listening you ever need help, called Justin Petty. When it comes to valuing a car. Maybe someone hit you and you have a diminished value. Claiming can help you with that, but it's diminished valueexpert dot com. Thank you, Justin. We got another hour coming. Three ZHO three Martino, Jamie, you're up next.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up.
Speaker 11: Free obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ripped of.
Speaker 1: News so you don't have come runs as we can show. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martinez, Welcome my friends to the only show. It's Katner here to solve problems, answer question, state.
Speaker 2: Complaints, try to make your life a little bit better. If you've been ripped off, there's a bad contractor in your life, bad landlord, I say landlord, because my goodness, we have dealt with so many of them. Or if you just have a problem, we're gonna go to Jamie a second. And I believe it was her daughter that got a cashiers check from an employer for some work done and basically lost the check. It happens, it was never cashed. My understanding was the bank acknowledges. The cashiers check was never cashed, but the bank didn't want to make right on it. So we're going to find that out. But first I need to tell you about Frank Duran, the real estate man. Frank sold our house in Castle Rock, and he was so great to work with. It's the secret sauce, and I mean that, here's what it comes down to. He's going to get you more for your house. He got us more than the same model anywhere else in that neighborhood at that time. He got us the most money and there was a lot of stuff for sale back then. And here's the bottom line. I'm not going to tell you how he did it, but he got a bidding war going and we chose from a lot of very good offers, and we went with one no contingency, basically a cash deal, and it just worked out perfect, and he helped us negotiate our other house that we bought in Franktown. In fact, Frank sells more homes listen to this, more homes in one month for more money than the average reeltor in Colorado sales in over a year. And those are real stats. That's incredible. Now, Jamie did I have that right. You are the one whose daughter had a cashier's check from her employer.
Speaker 16: Yes, sir, and it was actually it's her company. She had got the cashier's checked at the finish of a job from the customer.
Speaker 2: Oh, from the customer. I got it. And how much was it check for? It was close to ten grand eighty six dollars? Yeah, And then it was drawn off of some like Denver credit Union. What was it called?
Speaker 16: On the credit Union of Denver and Lakewood?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I couldn't figure out for the life of me why you simply couldn't go down there and they cancel that check. It's a cashier's check. They can see if it's been cashed or not. And it hadn't been correct correct, And they told you to go out and get a bond, didn't they?
Speaker 16: Yeah, And this is what they explained to us. So they told my daughter to go get a bond. I went to my credit union and asked them for information. So my daughter looked up a surety company to get in a shurrety bond. Yeah, or the ashier's checks called the credit union backup?
Speaker 7: Is this the right one?
Speaker 13: Are we doing it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, So she paid for it, and then she goes down there and presents it to them and they say, we can't take it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and they she was sitting down there for almost two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I said, they're morons. I mean literally, I can't believe how incompetent they are. This isn't even brain surgery. I don't understand why they simply don't cancel it. So if anybody tries to cash it, h it just doesn't get cashed. It's dead, it's gone, it's over, and then just issue a new one. So Deputy bo didn't he meet you down there or something?
Speaker 16: He did because he called the bank. We gave him a contact number and he called the bank and left I don't three or four messages and never got a call back. So he called me up and he was like, hey, can we just meet down there. It was on Friday at nine point thirty in the morning, so absolutely, so we met him down there and immediately we had a meeting with the bank president and one of the supervisors.
Speaker 2: So they happened to be there.
Speaker 16: Well, I think they were there because they knew we were coming in. I love it, So, I mean that was my impression, and.
Speaker 2: That was Friday.
Speaker 7: That was Friday.
Speaker 2: So were you there too or just your daughter? Who went?
Speaker 16: My daughter myself and we met both there.
Speaker 2: Excellent, So what happened?
Speaker 16: So we went into the meeting very uh the president was very apologetic. He was like, you know, we don't deal with us very often, and I mean he was I believe honest. He was like, quite frankly, I don't think the people you talk to knew what they, you.
Speaker 8: Know, were talking about.
Speaker 2: There were more.
Speaker 16: So they had taken it to their attorney and they didn't like the assurety bond that we had purchased, and they had an indemnent tea bond drawn up by their attorney. And so we we not weave My daughters find that and we we still have our assurity bond.
Speaker 2: How much did you pay for that? Wasn't it like five hundred bucks?
Speaker 9: Bucks?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And basically all that for people out there don't know what that is. If somehow that check did get cash and it costs the bank that ninety eight hundred bucks, they would basically reimburse the bank on it. So how did this work? Did they charge you anything on whatever they wanted her to sign?
Speaker 16: No, they did not charge her.
Speaker 2: So what did it basically say that if someone cashes it that she's going to give them the money? What exactly did the paperwork say?
Speaker 16: It basically said that she would be held responsible for how long for I believe it was ninety days?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's nothing. So did they give her the money?
Speaker 16: So they also said that they had to call up on the customer who had originally was out of his account. My daughter this money. Yeah, so they called him up and he evidently went down there.
Speaker 15: And okayed, everything okay.
Speaker 16: And they called my daughter back up. My daughter and I went there or Saturday morning, right when they opened, and they had a check waiting for her.
Speaker 2: Thank god, you know what. And I'm still gonna go back what I said originally. Whoever they talked to at first over the phone, morons, whoever they dealt with when they walked into the branch after getting what the other morons told them to get, we're even bigger morons. Where she had to sit there for two hours. But thank god, this thing got done. I mean, thank god at least the branch manager or the president or whoever the hell it was it finally looked at this and got it handled. I mean think about that. It's a freaking lost check. It's not brain surgery. I am so glad we could help you out on that one. Jamie.
Speaker 16: Well, I just appreciate it so much. I told Bo, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a great guy.
Speaker 16: I really know the reason all of a sudden, you know, walls are moving and everything was the Tom Martino trouble shooter, so was thrown out there and everybody decided something needed to get done.
Speaker 2: Thank god. I mean, it's just so crazy, and I'm sorry you guys had to go through that. I like how they say we never have to deal with it. I mean, it's a bank. They've never had to deal with a lost cashiers check. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. It's it's insane. It's just crazy. Maybe nowadays people don't do it a lot. Everything's wires or achs or Venmo or whatever. But man, I really do appreciate that. And I'll make sure Bo knows. And I'm sure ding.
Speaker 4: Ding d very cool.
Speaker 2: We'll we'll give Bo a dinger on that one, all right, both three O three seven one three eight two five five. We got lines open. You've been ripped off. Got any questions We've got great attorneys that can reach in and help. But anything, I want to talk to you. Everybody, hang tight, we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 11: Go with a short thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all right.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seventy one three eight two five five three over three Martino, First time today we got open lines you've been ripped off taking advantage of. In fact, we got to add that ten thousand, nine thousan eight hundred to our total of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show. To get that added. Chan and I hear you back there, carry the one and then boom, there you go. Now it's three hundred, three hundred, nine thousand, eight hundred dollars. That's a lot of money. Think about that over the years, and that doesn't include all the people that we've helped out when it comes to things like, you know, getting them an apartment. We had one lady. We got her a liver and I am not kidding you. I think it might have been for our daughter. We actually, back in the day, ran a big Facebook campaign looking for a match and it worked out very well. Hey, Susanne, let me ask you something, sure, what is the hardest contractor we have dealt with? We've been married thirty plus years, and think of all the people and all the projects we've done since our Parker House, Castle Rock, Franktown. What is Did you remember anything going particularly awry, something a bad experience.
Speaker 5: With any I can't think of any mark. We've had such great experiences.
Speaker 2: We had one way way back in Parker and I hired a guy to fix our furnace and I should have known, and I hate to say this, on the side of his truck it had some proverb from the Bible, and I was like, oh, okay, well, my god, if he's got if he's quoting the Bible. He's got to be a religious guy, and therefore he'd never rip you off. Right, worst contractor I ever had, Gosh, I won't make that. I won't make that again. How about the worst car we ever bought? We've been pretty lucky in general. You hated the Kia, but it was a good car, but you.
Speaker 4: Any man, and I didn't like it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess that was That's the one I hated the most.
Speaker 2: You didn't like it because it was a minivan.
Speaker 5: I did not like being a minivan mom, Sorry minivan moms.
Speaker 4: I was an suv mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I lost more money on that vehicle than any other vehicle. Well, that might not be true. I might have when I finally sell this model S I might have lost more money. But I've gotten a hell of a lot of good times out of it, So that's kind of a different Do.
Speaker 4: You remember the Mitsubishi Galant.
Speaker 2: I had all wheel drive, all wheel steering, yes, turbo, yes, all four tires turned when you were driving it. Yes, and it was badass. That vehicle we made money on, okay, fair, and you drove it for what two three years?
Speaker 5: Yes, But the problem was we could never find it was like there was a dead mouse or something in the vents, and I dealt with this terrible smell.
Speaker 6: I know it says, terrible smell.
Speaker 4: I dealt with.
Speaker 5: Five months and we could just never figure it out. And it was like maybe a little dead animal up in the vents or something. So that's the only thing that really sticks out about that vehicle.
Speaker 2: We had that car for three to four years, maybe longer. Yeah, and we bought it, I want to say for around thirteen thousand. We bought it used and once again it was called a VR four amidst a Bishi Galant VR four right all wheel drive.
Speaker 4: It was good wheel steering.
Speaker 2: It had a rack and pinion. When I sold it, I put it up and I put it up back then, probably on maybe it was Craigslist, maybe the Denver Post for that matter, or maybe the Rocky Mountain News. It was an older vehicle and we sold it for more than we bought it for. And the guy that bought it drove all the way from Utah and they turned it into a bake a racecar for Baja sand Yeah, because it had the all wheel steering and it had everything they needed and it was a standard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Mark, not to switch tracks, but I thought the worst vehicle you would have said we bought was that RX eight. You had so many mechanical issues with it because it had a rotary engine or something like that.
Speaker 2: That thing, guys. So my RX seven I had a few problems with and love. I love the wankle. It's a rotary engine. In fact, I don't think it's in anything else but mostas I mean, I really don't. And when I first bought it, this damn thing wouldn't start a few times it would just be a crank, no start, and the dealer had to come out and get it twice, and they said it was a computer setting from the manufacturer, blah blah blah, get it back and it did it again. But I'm going to share another part of that vehicle history. Someone ran over it, someone with less than four or five thousand miles on it. As soon as I had that other no start problem, crank, no start, someone got upset at me.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: It was not Susan. I'm contemplating whether or not to say who it was. I don't know why I wouldn't, but they did not like something I told them. The week before they did not like it. Someone asked me, and I'll tell everybody out there something. If someone ever says this to you, beware, whatever you can say in front of me, you can say in front of her. Now, if you ever hear that from somebody, have you ever heard that before? I think all of us have heard it at least once.
Speaker 17: A kind of version of that, a version.
Speaker 2: Yes, whatever you can say in front of me, you can say in front of her, she's my wife. There's a good example of that. And I happened to say something that was very honest, but they did not like it whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Are you offended somebody?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, mark you. So the very next week I happened to go over to my friend's house again and that person was there. That person was not expecting me to show up. When that person saw me, they immediately started crying and kind of yelling and hopped into their suburban and the RXA. It's a very small car. It's a little sports car. It's not much bigger than a Mazda Miata. She put it in reverse and ran her suburban or maybe it was an expedition. I forget. It was massive right up on top of my car that had four or five thousand miles on it. I had to call Suzanne to come get me because literally my vehicle was smashed. That vehicle cost me about sixty thousand. I bought it on the showroom floor. She did forty thousand dollars worth of damage. And the worst thing that ever happened to me was getting that thing fixed because it was never the same. That vehicle had every problem known demand afterwards, it made strange noises. Sometimes it wouldn't start again. I was afraid to drive it after I got it back. I fought with that insurance company to no end, and I could not get them to repair it or I'm sorry, I could not get them to total it. And it was a nightmare. And that is my we'll call it call it gold digger story.
Speaker 4: Mark the RXA. I don't think we ever saw it again.
Speaker 2: Really, you know what we did? This is interesting. You guys. Have you ever traded a vehicle with another person? You remember what we traded it for. I traded that RXA, straight up, man. I traded it for the van that's from Dumb and.
Speaker 6: Dumb, just like you did the Nintendo cartridges for my first wedding ring.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 6: What did you trade?
Speaker 2: I didn't remember. Why would you bring that up?
Speaker 6: Because you're a trader, you're barterer, that's why.
Speaker 2: So listen. I traded that RXAD. I couldn't stand it anymore for literally a I think it was a Lincoln Navigator. It was a big ass truck. It was huge and a five hundred cc two stroke Yamaha dirt bike, fastest dirt bike I think ever made on the world. This thing scared the hell out of me, and I sold it, and then I sold I had trouble selling that damn car. I mean, you know, when people pull up a car fax and there's forty thousand dollars worth of damage, it's hard to sell a car. So I traded the car for the truck in the motorcycle. Then I sold the truck in the motorcycle and actually ended up making more than what I could have made on the car even if I didn't have the accident. But you're right, that was the worst car we either had.
Speaker 4: I was, yeah, I thought maybe that would.
Speaker 2: What's the worst car you ever had?
Speaker 4: Scott Tiputy Dollar, Yeah, I mean, my god, what is it?
Speaker 2: What's the worst car you ever had?
Speaker 18: I think when I was a teenager, I had a Triumph Sportscar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I thought people loved Triumphs.
Speaker 18: Well they did, Yeah, but you know I paid five hundred bucks for it and it was not the best car.
Speaker 2: It's just always problems.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's you know, it's English though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chopper.
Speaker 17: My dad bought me when I was sixteen a Dolphine never heard of. It is a French car.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. It was horrible. I assume they don't make him anymore.
Speaker 17: If they do, it's over in France, my John.
Speaker 2: I'll come to your car question in a minute. At or insurance issue. My dad bought me my first car, okay, oh yeah, nineteen seventy nine Ford Granada. A nineteen seventy nine Ford Granada. The car was so ugly. I went to my parents' house. I didn't live. I was out of the house, like around sixteen. I drove to their house from my apartment one time with Suzanne and we parked at their house to do something, probably feed the cat or something when they were out of town. This car that my dad bought me was so ugly. You're ready for this. The neighbors called the police because the car did not belong in that neighborhood. I swear to god, I was profiled one hundred percent in my parents' neighborhood. John, y're on after this, we got two lines open, three zero three, Martino. I'd love to hear your worst car, really making me think of cars, Hecker, not a suck, Suzanne. That one got towed real quick. Yeah, remember when that got towed from our apartment. Yes, those bastards. Listen, man, My friend Lonnie came over and we had to fix car. How much money did we have back then? My god, if we had a Hamburger, we were happy. Literally, we'd go out once a week for a Hamburger and that made us happy as hell. So my friend Lonnie comes over. My transmission went out. I still remember it had a sea for transmission in it. I bought one from a Junkyard. He came over. We jacked a car up and we're going to swap out to transmission. We get halfway done and something happens. We got to run down and get another part. Those bastards at the apartment complex. Those bastards towed my car because we added out working on the parking lot. They towed it. We had no car. Suzanne and AI were down to our cake bus. Yes, we had a big Hostess truck that was our own brand, but it was an old Arra members not members Mark ar Mark van the size of a Hostess van, an old school one. So you know what I did? Damn it. Listen, you want to know why I do this job right now? You want to know why I love helping people. Should have I been working on that in the parking lot. Hell no, I shouldn't have. But you know what, we had no money and I had to get that car back. That's the only thing we had besides our cake van, which all we use that for is delivering It cost a fortune to drive. You know what we I did. I took out tape. I forget what color. I think it was black electrical black electrical tape, and I put vector properties the manager of Sugarberry Apartments will tow your car, do not sign a lease here. And I brought it right up to the front, right up to the front where the leasing agent was, and I parked it right there, and every damn person that walked in there on the weekends I had a conversation with asked me how long it took me to get my car back paid two days, two days, two days a Saturday Sunday. They agreed that not only have it towed back, but they actually had it fixed and put the transmission in because they knew I wasn't going away. Hold on.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I was thinking of all the uh, all the different things. It's kind of weird, all the different things that kind of led me up to where I'm at now, and it's just nuts thinking about it. Putting that on the side of our CA croud van and getting the apartment complex to be decent people was one of probably one of the first.
Speaker 4: Things, it is your first troubleshooter event.
Speaker 2: I mean it really was. If you hear Tom talk about the story, he basically got ripped off buying a car. He sold a car and basically the lady ripped him off, which was very curious. But anyhow, Hey John, what is your question on car insurance?
Speaker 10: Good after a good morning? Good morning, sir, So, I had an accident. I just bought a Vovo X forty in November, brand new, nice and in January a guy came across my lane and sideswiped me and then he ran. So I have no no recourse with the guy that hit me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you had I assumed he had full coverage, right, Yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 10: So I'm with Progressive yep. And what is it. They've fixed the car, but the front wheel was scuffed up and scratched up real bad in the accident. And what they're saying is they're going to give me a remanufactured wheel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Now, the problem is is that Volvo, in repairing the car, says that they will not put a remanufactured wheel on because it's against Volvo's policies to do that. Well, they're stupid and they're.
Speaker 2: That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Why they why they wouldn't put that on Basically a refurbished rim. It might be something that has maybe a little bit of road rash on it or something, and they send it out to a company. I've done this a million times when I had my Goodyear stores. They'd come in, I send it out to a refurbishing company. They come back and they look like new. It's the exact oem rim that they make look brand new. So, for the life of me, for Volvo saying they won't put it on, I just don't understand that I would bring it somewhere else because most insurance companies that's exactly what they're going to do on a rim, and it's going to look perfect. Man, And if it doesn't look perfect, you don't have to accept it. But that dealer, that that dealer is not doing the right thing here. I don't understand why they would have a problem with it.
Speaker 10: Well, it's kind of I kind of agree, But they claim that they don't know the quality of the refurbishment and that there could be micro cracks.
Speaker 2: And at that point, but what are they trying to do sell you? What are they trying to do sell you directly a rim, or are they trying to fight for you to get the insurance to cover it? I mean, what are they doing?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 10: The adjuster says that they're going to give me a refurbished rim because my policy says that they can do that. Yes, I checked my policy and I can't find word says they can do that.
Speaker 2: John, I'm pretty sure almost every policy says that. But let me ask you something I want to understand some before we go any further. Do you care if the rim comes in and it looks perfect. I mean, it looks like a brand new rim, you could most likely care less. Right, I'm not saying if it comes in and it doesn't look like a new one, But if it comes in and it looks perfect, do you even care?
Speaker 10: Only if I knew for sure that there wasn't any damage that's unseen, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's not going to be if it was sent to a real refurbisher. So my issue with this is the dealer. And I assume what dealer is it at? Where this body shop is it's doing this work.
Speaker 10: It's Rickenbaugh.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why Rickenbaugh has any issue with this I just can't. I can't understand. Chopper, you want to call over there for me? I mean, John, do you mind if we call over and talk to the service writer over there so we can get a better understanding. I mean, maybe there's something I don't understand about this particular rim, But honest to God, man, I mean these people that rebuild these these rims or refurbish them, the good ones, they're perfect. They look for stress cracks. Hell, some of them can run them through like almost like an MRI for lack of a better word, and see if there's any cracks in them. I mean, this thing should be perfec thick coming back.
Speaker 10: Well, my question is how do I know that? Because they're going to put on a rim and it has nothing to do with my purchasing, and it would be and well and the vocal delar.
Speaker 2: Won't put it on.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you can call them. I'd appreciate it. You know, between a rock and a hard place, because well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even understand why you're between a rock and a hard place. Well, that's true, I guess you are, because the dealers saying, listen, no matter what, we're not going to put on a refurbished rim, which is asinine in my opinion, but maybe they have a better reasoning that I can think of. And then you have your insurance company going, we're not going to give you a new rim, So you're right unless you want to come out of pocket, which is crazy. Yeah, hold on, man, let me let me put you on hold. Kelly, please do me a favor. Get Rick and Balls, get his service advisor's name and then get the number over there and Chopper, will you go call during break?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'll think of it, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just figure out. I mean, this seems so straight up to me. I can't. But that's just how things work. I mean, that's how they work. You get a refurbished rip, Susan, when's the last time I got a refurbished rim? Wait till you hear the answer to this. Yesterday yesterday for my tesla, And my tesla does two hundred miles an hour, and I'm good with the refurbished rim. Think about that, and it looks perfect. It looks absolutely perfect. Everybody hold tight. Mike has got a question or comment on the Great Colorado Payback, and then Tammy's got to comment on bad cars. Everybody hold tight. One line open three zero three Martino. And by the way, Kelly, did we ever hear back from Brian Burns? Did he text back? Try him one more time? Because I'm pretty sure almost every insurance policy out there, almost everyone out there, a refurbished part, especially a rim, is not a problem. But I that guy did bring some up. He said he read his policy and he didn't see that anywhere. But I want to ask Brian.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You know what do you do when you find out I got a rim? I had to buy a rim. I just said it a refurbished rim. And let me tell you something I've never seen a rim that's got a crack in it like this before. And this all started last week and I bring it up to Discount Tire and basically a day later, I find out it's the rim leaking. I have a tire on order because they said I had to get a tire, but I'm not going to get into that part. I could care less about that. So Sunday I bring it up to Walmart because Discount's closed, and I'm thinking, well, maybe they can find the leak or something because I'm sick adding air to it. And they bring it out and the RIM's got a crack in it, a hairline crack in the back. I'm like, I have never seen an aluminum rim get a crack in it. I mean, it's just the craziest thing I've ever seen. How is that possible? So I was talking about it all day yesterday. Then I had to find a rim the next day. So yesterday I'm looking around. I finally find a guy that's got a refurbished one. Go down there and buy it. It's like four hundred bucks, saying a cheap rim. Nothing cheap about this, nothing cheap about it. So then we go back down and I get to tire change over. Everything's great, but I still can't stop talking about it. I'm talking to Tom yesterday, Say, damn it, Tom, I'd never seen anything like it. It's got a damn crack in it. I've never seen a rim with a crack in it. I sold rims. I have probably out of the five stores I owned, sold a million tires. Think how many rims we have dealt with. And I don't remember seeing a hairline crack on a rib like this before. Well then I found out yesterday with no cause. I saw a lot of bad rims, but not one where there was never anything involved, like a pothole or a curb. So last night, Suzanne, who I've been married to for over thirty years and trusted with my children of course, or her children too, guess what she told me last night? Yeah? What did she tell me last night? I'm just curious.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the only thing, Mark, we don't know for sure.
Speaker 4: That's what cost it. I'm just going I could have casted that.
Speaker 2: By doing what By hitting a curb? Oh, isn't that crazy? The same wheel hit a curb a few days ago, and the mystery was solved. So for forty eight to seventy two hours. Friends, imagine knowing something for forty eight to seventy two hours in your spouse, who you love?
Speaker 6: I came clean, Mark, I came clean.
Speaker 2: Doesn't say anything.
Speaker 17: I'm in a little confused.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't use auto drive. But let me tell you something, Shannon, she is no longer allowed to drive the Tesla unless it's in auto drive.
Speaker 4: What are you chop?
Speaker 17: Well, that's what I thought. It's an autel drive car. She doesn't use it, Sue, you should have.
Speaker 2: Blamed the car. She did it because she hates elon. Hey, Tammy, what's your comment on bad cars?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, Tammy? How are you?
Speaker 7: How are you? You're so funny?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 7: I had a call because.
Speaker 2: That I like how you say. My wife didn't tell me anything for seventy two hours. I had to drop three or four underd bucks on a rim and I'm funny. Go ahead, Tammy, I'm kidding with you.
Speaker 7: It's all good. The worst car I ever had was a sixty seven uh Barracuda.
Speaker 2: Barracuda, I do you remember that? Yeah? What was so? Hold on, Tammy, that's that's the hard music. I have no choice I know you've been holding a little bit. I promise I'll do that. And then we've got an issue with Max and a trash company and a comment from Mike one line open three oh three, Martino, got a lot coming up, Hold tight.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three out three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 11: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 4: New so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome my friends to the only show off. It's guy and we're here to educate you. We're here to help. We're here to recoup money if you got ripped off. That's what we do best. I got two deputies here chopping it the bit. In fact, Chopper happens to be one of them. He's going to make a call on something from last hour. We're going to try to help a guy out at a dealership doesn't want to put a refurbished rim on. I've never heard of anything like that in the insurance company doesn't want to for a new one. The whole thing's silly, but we'll get through it for the guy. But here's the deal. If you've been ripped off for taking advantage of we can help you. We use the power of the media, this show right here for over forty years, forty five years Denver, Colorado, to go after the bad guys. We have saved people and recoup people over three hundred million dollars cash merchandise exchanges directly due to the show services. I can think of a tiny house we got back for a guy, a tiny house that got stolen. He paid eighty ninety thousand dollars for it, and we basically got it back for him. There's been so many things over the years. But if you need help, we have a list of people at referral list dot com. Different attorneys, different contractors, just the best of the best. And then if you're new to the show, go to sleeves Brigade dot com. You'll see the worst of the worst. Some of the worst people we have ever dealt with over the years are on Sleavesbrigade dot com. Now I'm going to go back to ten me real quick. Tammy called up. We were talking about bad cars. My dad bought me a nineteen sixty nine Granada. That was my first car. You know, my kid's first cars. They were brand new cars, weren't they.
Speaker 5: Yep, if they got their black belts third degree, they got a new car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we told him, you get your third degree black belts. And they were both right about sixteen when they got him, so they would get new cars. But they were both in taekwondo for oh my god, fifteen years, sixteen seventeen years. They were in taekwondo forever. We treated it like school and you had to go. That's just how it was. And I was thinking about what my parents bought me for my first car nineteen seventy nine for Granada. Yikes, it was not a good car. It was not a good car. And at this point, that car, when I got it, it was already twenty years old. What did you get your kid for his first car? Dragon? He got our leftover. So it was a Buick, a two thousand and three Buick. So how old? How old? What year was this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: This was two eighteen, so it was like a fifteen year old car exactly. I got like a twenty plus year old car. Actually it was more than that. It was the ugliest dam thing anybody's ever seen. But Tammy, you said a Barrakudah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, this thing was a sixty seven, had that lousy two twenty five plant six in it, and had the distributor on the bottom, So every time you hit a puddle, the damn thing, would you know?
Speaker 15: Cut out right.
Speaker 2: I just looked one up. This isn't what I thought it was. This is kind of an ugly car as well. A Plymouth Barracuda.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sixty seven to twenty five plants six.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me if you would hit a puddle, it would literally stop running because a distributor was mounted on the bottom.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 2: Why why would they do that, I mean, why would anybody do that?
Speaker 7: Well, you know that was back in sixty seven, you tell me, because.
Speaker 2: They were smoking dope and listening to the Beatles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you go, you know woodstock, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Dropping acid smoking though. All right, Hey, I appreciate it. It was a good call. And uh, I don't know why I was thinking that was like a I was thinking more of like a road runner.
Speaker 12: What's that, Timmy? One more thing?
Speaker 2: What go ahead?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I got to go back to one more thing because you said about the granada. So I have right now, seventy seven granada.
Speaker 9: It's got a little.
Speaker 7: Windsor in it, and that thing runs like a bad habit.
Speaker 9: It's you think, So it's a tudor.
Speaker 7: So I get a lot of well not a lot, but I get you know, people that are old school and they like it. They like you know, I like they like it.
Speaker 2: I'd like, Okay, I'm calling bs. There's no way anybody likes a granada. Woo, give me a name, give me somebody, you know what. I'm putting her on hold, Kelly. I want her to give you a name of one of these people that like her granada, and I want to talk to him. I'm calling her out. I'm calling Tammy out. Everybody out there when you're not driving Google a seventy seven Granada. It looks just like mine basically, and I had the same thing. So instead of being a four door, they decided to make these doors the size of two doors on both sides. It's absolutely crazy. Hey Max, what's going on with this trash company?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hey Max? What's up?
Speaker 19: Hey?
Speaker 15: I just called in. I saw Tom Martinez always take care of me. Maybe you could take care of me. I got a trash company that's taking advantage of my elderly father. They just raised the race. I mean, for what we get the two yard there, we could charge some other trash company would only charge this eighty five dollars. These people have been they've raised it to one hundred and twenty nine, and now they've raised it to one hundred and sixty one. And this it says here, this is future endpoints. Voices may contain a nominal increase, so they're threatening that they could raise it even more. This is just malice.
Speaker 2: Well why don't you go to wait? Wait, Max, why don't you simply go to another trash company? Are they trying to hold you to some contract while they're raising.
Speaker 15: Because they got me on a contract when when I my dad had almost lost all his properties all his his bills were in the rear, so I got everything caught up. I was doing everything I thought I was, and I signed over it. What is it on the internet or you know online?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is the name of the trash contract?
Speaker 15: And they got me in there for five years.
Speaker 2: What is the name of the trash company?
Speaker 15: Waste Connections of Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're a pretty big one. I dealt with them. It was a commercial dumpster I had years ago. It is and shop I had, and I remember having a problem with the contract, but it kind of went the same way. They kept raising the price, so I decided to start shopping around, and then I found out that I was kind of locked in a contract with him. When is your contract up?
Speaker 15: It's up in like sixteen months.
Speaker 2: And what's the early out run.
Speaker 15: You It would cost about eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: And they're not willing to do anything when you talk to him.
Speaker 15: No, No. I called the guy. They have managers that call you back. His name is Greg Rau, and I called him and I said, hey, this is ridiculous, and I told him I want to go with another trash company. That's when he surprised me with no, you're not here, and he sent me the contract.
Speaker 2: What does it say? What did the underlying or highlight in there? What does it actually say?
Speaker 15: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have well, I mean you don't have to read it verbatim. What does it say, this is a contract we can base raise prices. I mean, I find it hard to believe the contract really said that they could raise prices all the time and you can't get out. But are you saying that's basically what it says.
Speaker 15: Well, I haven't read through the contract enough, but basically what he highlighted was that it would cost me six times the rate of what they're currently charging. Well, if they keep raising it, that's going to be outrageous. It's probably going to cost one thousand dollars to get out of this contract. And it's just the raping. They're taking advantage of me and my father.
Speaker 2: Well, what area is he?
Speaker 15: By the way, he's in Fort Lufton.
Speaker 2: I wonder how is it his property?
Speaker 15: Yes, it's his property.
Speaker 2: Now what does he have?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 2: I mean, how collectible is he? Let's just play a game real quick. If you just said, hey, come get it, we don't want it anymore and never paid them another nickel I mean, what would happen, what would they what could they go after him for? Does he have a lot of money?
Speaker 15: Well, no, he's not rich, but he's got some property. He's got his property, he's got some.
Speaker 2: Rental, so he is collectible. Yeah, okay, that's what I was trying to figure out, if he was collectible or not, because you were talking about how you kind of helped him get back on here. I think let's call over there with a fresh set of eyes, Scott, Deputy Dollar, call over there and deal with them. And what I would also like to see. Could you send me that contract? Man?
Speaker 15: I sure I could.
Speaker 2: I want you to email that contract they sent to you. Kelly will give you the information, but I really do want you to do that. Hold on, Jeff Fix got a comment on this. Hey Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Oh? You know, just making friends and losing money.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good. So do you have waste connections over at the shop or at home or what?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I do do. And you know, when you sign up for those contracts, they have provisions in there that if you if you early have you pretty do the end of it. They quote unquote aside their contract. They cannot think how much the rector losing.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's unconscionable though, I mean, it really is. If they continue to raise the pricing all the time. This guy's making it sound like they're raising the damn price every five or six months on them. Have you ever successfully got out of one cost?
Speaker 9: But you know, when it comes up near where that contract is new, then you can dot uh and they'll send up in the contract.
Speaker 8: But be careful.
Speaker 9: There is an auto renewal in the side there, and usually two to three months before your renewal date, automatically pop that into computer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they're going to say you're renewed, and then you can't get out of it again.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're stuck for another three years or five years or what you signed up for.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: The only thing worse, and I don't know if it's still the same way, but the only thing worse in trash companies and they're contract especially on commercial stuff like you're talking about, is the damn uniform companies. Trying to get out of a deal with a bad uniform company is so hard, man, And I've had uniform companies in the past. It just sucked. I mean, people just simply wouldn't get stuff each week, and you can't get out of the damn contracts.
Speaker 9: As long as they respond within twenty four hours, they fulfill their obligation.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do. Hey, I appreciated Jeff. That's Jeff Vick Kimmer transmission. Max, grab all of his information. I want to copy of that contract in Scott. I want you to call over and see if you can't figure something out with waste connections. It's a shot in the dark, man, but I would like to see that contract. I'd like to see how it's written, and then I'd like to have one of our attorneys look at it. Look, you can have someone sign a contract. And my understanding is Max said he did it online. So that brings up a secondary question I have for an attorney. But you can't have something unconscionable in a contract. I can't say I get your first born and then you sign it and I literally get your firstborn. Now I'm bringing that to the to the nines there. But what I'm saying is if you had a contract that says we're gonna do your trash for the next hundred years, and we can raise the price anytime we want to, no matter how much we want, and if you ever get out of the contract, you owe us the full amount for one hundred years. You simply can't do that. Any judge in the world, any anybody with any sense of normalacy, would know that that's not a good contract. So I'm not sure what this contract reads. But we have dealt with a lot with waste connection and I don't like these guys. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got two lines open three zero three Martino.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: Pay a cent until your content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm still waiting to hear Kelly, did you reach out? Tammy said she was going to get this uh person on that loves Ford Granada's along with her I can't hear you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I loved him a message.
Speaker 2: So yeah, do you think it's a real person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll be curious, boy, sail and everything.
Speaker 2: Scott was just the reason we're talking about Ford Granadas is my first car is in nineteen seventy nine Ford Granada and it was just but ugly. And this woman calls up Tammy. Seems like a really nice person. So I'm kind of in gesture. But she's got one and she loves it. And Scott was reading about them when they were selling them. What does it say there? Scott? Very interesting. So if you look up a nineteen seventy seven or for that matter of seventy nine Granada, you can see what we're talking about. And it's far from what the advertising says about it's Scott.
Speaker 18: It says it's a smooth, comfortable, smooth riding executive salon with retro styling and thelure interior.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if you can picture a turd with two axles and the largest doors you've ever seen bolted on it, that is what a Ford Granada looks like. It is a horrible vehicle. Now I will say this, They will run and run and run and run and run. In fact, the one we had is probably still running. Whatever even happened to that, Suzanne, what did we do with that car?
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what happened to that? That was an old are we got that Honda? You ran over me in we did we? I don't think we traded in. I don't know what happened to that car. We didn't bring it to Colorado.
Speaker 4: The Honda.
Speaker 6: Remember, you sold it to that Marty guy and he sued you later.
Speaker 2: Remember, thank you, Suzanne. You know, just when you think right, just when you think.
Speaker 5: Sorry, we've got no electric at the house and the dogs are in the bus.
Speaker 4: I'm dealing with that.
Speaker 2: So now now I've got to explain that because that sounds horrible. Here I am on the radio helping people, and Suzanne comes on and says, you, remember we sold it to Marty, who was an employee of mine, by the way, and he sued you over it. That doesn't sound good.
Speaker 4: No, they did, didn't he he did?
Speaker 2: So this is ridiculous. I'm even going down this road now. Thank you for that. Here's what actually happened very quickly. By the way, We've got some lines open. Three zero three seven, one three eight two five five. You need help, we'd love to get involved. I got two deputies here ready to jump on anything. Three h three Martino, bad, landlord, bad, contractor bad. I'll tell you what, landscapers that's going to be kicking in real good. But here was the deal. So I sold this guy the car and I had to get the title for it. We bought the car in Oklahoma and brought it out here, and I never got it registered out here because we sold it so quick. But anyhow, I had to go get a title for it. So that was going to take a little bit of time. So it didn't happen that quick, and he ran into something and he wanted out of the deal after he did damage to the car because I couldn't get him the title as quick as he thought he should get it. But yet there was no way that was going to happen. So he decided to sue me, and he did. He went down to small claims court and sued me. What he didn't realize is I had on a little dictaphone, this is going back twenty five thirty years. I recorded the conversation him and I had, and in that conversation. He literally said he would lie, cheat and do whatever it took in order to get that car, get the deal, undone, get his money back, and he wasn't going to pay any of the damage on the car that he caused, and he would lie to the judge and he would lie about anything, and there was no way he wasn't going to win in court. And he left that on my damn answering machine, one of those little cassettes. So I had a dictaphone and I hired my attorney. His name was Michael Kupez. Became a good guy and a friend over time, and we went down for court. So I was there and Marty was there with his attorney and my attorney. Michael pulled out that dictaphone and put it right on the table and said, Marty, you might want to tell your attorney about lying and telling the judge anything and every other thing you said on this tape, because this will be the first part of the first thing we put into evidence. And he goes, I suggest to you guys, talk and he tapped me on the shoulder, grabbed the dictaphone, didn't even play it, and we left the room. About five minutes later, Marty came out and said, you know what, just give me the title. I'm going to go ahead and keep the car. So that was Marty suing me. Yep, that sure was, And that was Michael Kopez. He played that thing like I've never seen an attorney play something so cool. He didn't even play it. We had it, he didn't even play it, which was probably even more scary because he wasn't going to play it until we were in front of the judge. When you're in small claims court, it's not like you go through discovery and you have to show everybody all the evidence. You don't have to do that at all. All right, three three seven to one, three eight five five. You're gonna help Max out? Right, Hey, I'm I'm good with Max. Scott's gonna call over, uh on, Max's behalf to waste Connections, and we're gonna try to help this guy out. Max. I need a copy of the contract, Kelly, That's what I need first from him. He can send it in a PDF to help and get it to me and Scott as soon as you get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's gonna do that.
Speaker 4: And then Scott, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is gonna call over and talk to the guy that he called to and Scott throw around our weight says, you know what, this is crazy. I mean we get it, but it seems like a perpetual contract that's just gonna keep going on your raising prices. It seems crazy, all right? Three oh three Martino, we got lines open first time three zero three seven one three talk.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation con person call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Man, this waste connection contract get These guys are like the mafia. Uh, this is crazy in my opinion. These guys, in fact, I know back in the day, at least in New York and Jersey and everywhere, they were the mafia. But this waste connection, this contract is brutal. Sixty months, sixty months, and then you go down. I'd never sign up with Waste Connections, folks. I simply wouldn't do it. And basically you can't even take them the court. They have an arbitration clause in here, and uh service changes. I mean basically they're saying it's under Article six rate adjustments, customer agrees that charges shall be increased from time time to time. I mean, this thing is basically saying they can change your fees all the time. So you sign up because they give you an offer of say, I don't know whatever, one hundred bucks a month, fifty bucks a month, whatever, a quarter, depending on the different services you have, and then they can increase it basically the next day, and they can increase it appears to be as often as they want. But yet you're still tied to the five years in this guy's case, sixty months. I'd personally never use these guys. I think this is crazy, absolutely crazy. I feel bad for this guy, Scott. I don't know if you're going to be able to do anything. I mean, they basically got they basically got them by the balls, man, I mean, they do It's nuts. I don't know what you're going to be able to do here.
Speaker 18: I know, just trying to negotiate with the trash company.
Speaker 2: I mean, why would they, That's just the other thing. Why would they? I'll tell you why. Because they don't want me me. They don't want somebody like me on here every day telling people not to use them, because these contracts are insane. We've gone through a lot of different trash companies. I don't remember anybody ever trying to hold us to a contract ever. Accept it one of my good years years ago. But other than that at our house, I don't remember anybody saying, oh no, you can't switch. I don't remember it ever happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't either at all, right, at all.
Speaker 2: In fact, one of them I did sue, Yeah you did. I did sue one of our trash companies, and I got back every nickol I spt.
Speaker 6: With them and the bins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to keep the I literally suit them to keep the trash bends as well. I still have their trash binds and have a different trash company.
Speaker 17: I have the same company. And I've got to check because I didn't even know I had a contract Waste Connections.
Speaker 2: Yes, is it in a neighborhood though, is it like your HOA Now.
Speaker 17: No, it's in a neighborhood. We don't have an HLA.
Speaker 2: You probably do have a contract. And if it's anything like this one, I mean, I don't even know how you'd get out of it. To me, it's unconscionable, but I doubt it. Judge sees it that way.
Speaker 17: But they haven't raised the rates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jerry's got a comment on cars. We've been kind of weaving in and out of our first car and the worst cars and uh, some car related topics. What say you, Jerry, You're going to freak on this one.
Speaker 19: I'm almost eighty three and my dad bought me. My first car was a fifty murk.
Speaker 2: A fifty Mercury.
Speaker 19: What Mercury?
Speaker 2: That's it that they didn't even have a name back then. It was just a Mercury.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 19: There was a line of cars like Ford, Mercury.
Speaker 2: Havy, That's what I'm saying. What kind of Mercury? Was it?
Speaker 19: Tudor?
Speaker 2: I'm looking at them. These are actually kind of cool though, Yeah they are.
Speaker 6: There's the Mercury eight, the Mercury.
Speaker 2: Coop, Yeah, which was yours?
Speaker 12: A coop?
Speaker 2: What was Mercury money, the.
Speaker 19: Tun door Monterey, and I took the shop and I chopped it. I put a full race engine in it, French, the haad lights, tail lights, lake pipes, tuck and roll inside. I mean, I really went through it.
Speaker 2: Why did you Why did you sell it?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 2: Why did you sell it?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 19: I got I got older, Yeah, and I wasn't using it, and I went I bought a fifty seven Bird after that old teen. Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did you like better? In hindsight? Which one did you have more fun in?
Speaker 19: Well? The Murk I did because I was younger and wild and crazy and I was working like crazy when I got the Bird?
Speaker 20: But what.
Speaker 19: So I was? I was busy.
Speaker 2: What's the worst car you ever own? Gosh?
Speaker 19: I liked them all, man, I'm a car.
Speaker 2: Freaking What do you drive? If you what do you drive now, Jerry?
Speaker 19: I got Alexus?
Speaker 2: Well, kind of like an suv.
Speaker 19: No, that's one of the ones that's half electing, half gas.
Speaker 2: Oh hybrid? Yeah yeah, yeah those are kind of cool, man. I mean I had a hybrid at one point some lady t bone descent and ruined it. But yeah, it didn't save you much gas? Does you're save you much gas. In hindsight, I really looked it up. Mine was a Hondai Sonata Hybrid and it's still only got thirty miles to the gallon. I mean, it didn't do anything great. How about yours getting forty that's pretty good. Maybe they've come come aways.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 2: I appreciated Jerry. And wouldn't it be funny if you saw that car someday. Do you think it's still on the road that murk? Oh?
Speaker 19: I think it's in probably shows by now, because I mean it was it was chopped and everything. It was a nice show car I put back then. I put about eight grand in it, so you know it was a nice car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like eight hundred thousand now. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean that is crazy. Eight grand in the in the fifties. Well, thank you, Jerry. I appreciate it. You know, Roly Purefoy used to come in a lot on Fridays and he loved old cars like that. I never got into it. You guys ever get into that kind of collect you did, Chapper, what did you have?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 17: I had a well, not that. Oh I actually rode in that sixty three murk. That was what my dad had a sixty three. Yeah, it took me to school. But sixty nine back one is the oldest car I've had. What is that a Mustang?
Speaker 2: A Mustang mach one. I can picture that, Yeah, yeah, I can picture that. That's kind of a cool car.
Speaker 17: It was, but you know, compared to like the new ones, it didn't have any all the you know, all the nice things like digital dash.
Speaker 2: Whenever I see somebody so out in our neck of the woods, in Franktown, there's more collectible cars I don't even know who has. There's one guy in a barn out there. He's got probably ten or fifteen really old, restored, beautiful cars. But anytime I see people in them, I always go, man, that just looks so uncomfortable. I mean it really does. You know, they're not like super plush seats. They don't look that fast. You know, if they're refurbished, they've got probably like the original radio in them. I don't know if they have air conditioning, going back into the forties and fifties. I mean, I get the nostalgia, but they don't look I just have nothing.
Speaker 17: They don't have the comfort.
Speaker 2: They don't have a comfort for us. And then the fuel economy is another thing. I mean, if they're gasoline. I like my Tesla. My Tesla's my favorite car I've ever owned, the one I have right now. It is by far my favorite car. And we've owned a lot of cars, even over the Genesis. I had that beautiful G ninety, I had a G seventy Genesis, a G ninety Genesis. We have a GV eighty Genesis. And I still like that little model ass better than any other vehicle. And I'll tell you why. It's fast as hell. I never got to stop at a gas station. And on top of that, it drives me wherever I want to go and I don't have to do anything. When will you be picking up your new one? We're still debating. I'm waiting till five days from now. On the thirty first, Tesla announces all the new incentives. So if none of the incentives are going to change, we'll pick this one up on the thirty first. If the incentives, yeah, Monday. If the incentives change and I want the new incentives compared to the old incentives, I'll forfeit my two hundred and fifty bucks and order another one.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to embrace self driving.
Speaker 17: Are they in the sitting on the lots now.
Speaker 2: Or what do you mean?
Speaker 4: They don't work like that? They're made to order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you may order them. Well, I mean the Model Y and the Model three. I think you right. Yeah, they got a ton of those. But the S and the X you order.
Speaker 17: I think I asked you this once. But not on the earth do they have body shops for anybody?
Speaker 2: Now it's anybody shop. At first, Tesla's are really hard to get parts for it. Now you can get them everywhere.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: What's weird is I see everybody complaining about Tesla lighting them on fire and all this weird stuff. I find it's so crazy, isn't it nuts? These people on the left like they've gone that crazy. It's absolutely and it's not everybody by any means. In fact, I actually believe it's very few. I believe it's a very few nutcases that make this happen. In fact, I'll tell you something that's interesting. How come every time they catch one of these people throwing a Molotov cocktail or lighting it on fire, or is kying a car? How come every time they have like purple hair? Seriously, honest to god, anytime they catch any of these people. They're just odd people. I'll put it that way. That's probably the nicest way I can put it.
Speaker 11: Three h three Martina, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep three zero three seven one three eight two five five one clear choice doors. By the way, you want a great garage store company, they got showrooms from Colorado Springs, I think all the way down to four Collins. If you need a new door, if you just need to tune up on your current door maybe is starting to make noise. Make sure those springs are good. And then the other thing is a new gridge store opener. When did ours at our house, we loved it. We went from a chain driven that was noisy to this beautiful belt driven quiet and they came out and did a tune up along with it. I think it was only three hundred bucks installed. But one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Chappie's the owner down there, great guy, One Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Man. We've been talking a lot of cars for a non car day, guys. We were talking by the way go karts, did you guys? You were talking about a mini bike chopper. A true mini bike had like a brigs and Stratton or a Tacumpsa. I think that was the other one, the Indian I think it was called Tacompsa and they were basically five horsepower little mini bikes that you could make even in shop class back in the day.
Speaker 17: They seemed to be all red in color too or black or black.
Speaker 2: Banana sea kind of what did you have, Scott?
Speaker 17: He had a blue one.
Speaker 2: You had a blue one. So our kids had like a little fifty cc Honda he learned on that had training wheel. I bought it fay Myers twenty years ago, and they kind of outlawed those. I forget why. Probably something to do with emissions, but I remember having a go kart. Go karts were really badass, and we had a little mini bike. But the first thing I drove, I was telling you guys in New Jersey till this day you got to be seventeen to get a driver's license, but you could get a moped license at fifteen.
Speaker 17: Yeah, fifteen.
Speaker 2: So the first thing I drove was a moped. It had to have pedals too. You couldn't have like a scooter. It had to be back in the day with pedals. I had a motor pecan. That's what it was, called a motor pecan. Here's the craziest thing. You could never pedal it anywhere. It was like pedaling a tank. It was crazy. It really was for a moped. If you couldn't pedal it, if the engine wasn't on, it was absolutely nuts. You couldn't go uphill on it.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content, leave.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two, Ripped.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice so you don't have come runs as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the only show of this kind. We are here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints to the tune of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchange is refunds. She got a country who's making your life hell. We want to hear about them. If anything, we can expose them, maybe we can get some money back in to finish the job, get them to do what's right, or or or point out maybe where your story's flawed. It's pretty remarkable when you hear both sides of the story and they both unfold on air. And I think that's one of the things people love about this show. And I do love when businesses come on. It's really cool to have businesses out there. This hour has been there, this show's been a little strange. We've been talking a lot about cars, generally do that on Friday, and I mentioned mini bikes and we were all talking in here. I grew up in Jersey, so at fifteen you could get a moped license, and I had friends that had mopeds, and we had friends that had go karts. I had a go kart for a period of time, and I love the go karts. Suzanne, you never had any thing cool, did your brothers?
Speaker 20: One?
Speaker 5: Little motorcycles, you know, kind of like that one you and I had when we were kids that I ran into the bush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 6: Almost like little, wasn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It looked like a little uh chopper, like a Harley that turned into a chopper, but it was fifty CC's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had something like that for just a hot minute. But that was my brother's, not mine.
Speaker 2: You weren't allowed to ride it.
Speaker 4: No, I had two feet.
Speaker 2: I was an only child, so I had the only Oh you were an only child, dragon. Did you have siblings one.
Speaker 4: Older sister, one younger sister and it was not so much fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you were the only boy. Yeah, a lot of estrogen in the middle child. So I was always forgotten. Hey, Jay, what do you uh? What's your mini bike story? By the way, three O three seven one three A two five five any questions, we have a you know, attorney standing by, we've got insurance people, we've got deputies that are ready to help you out. But three O three seven one three A two five five Jay, go ahead, man.
Speaker 8: Mark. When I was growing up, we had a minibike that was really nice. It was under power. Then one day my dad shows up. Someone had given him this mini bike and this thing had power and it was like fancy and beautiful. We're like, who would give away mini bikes like this? But turned out to be John Hinckley Junior's minibike.
Speaker 2: John Hinckley Junior. Yeah, how did how did your dad come across that?
Speaker 20: This is no kid?
Speaker 8: He surveyed John Senior's property and spotted the mini bike, said hey, would that be for sale? And he goes that was that was juniors. You can get that out of here. So my dad loaded it up and we had John Hinckley Junior's mini bike.
Speaker 2: Man, that is absolutely nuts, isn't that something?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's that's a great story. I don't even know what happened to mine. I had a little five horse power brigs and Stratton mini bike and just like you were saying, nder powered and I just don't remember. I probably broke it or got stolen or something. Hey, good story man. Appreciate to call three oh three seven one three eight two five five Troy? What is going on?
Speaker 9: Hey? Mark this Troy?
Speaker 20: Just call and give you an update on Cinnebel twenty five or three?
Speaker 2: Which one is that?
Speaker 21: Sure?
Speaker 20: Yeah? That's the gun band.
Speaker 2: No, you mean the clip, right, isn't it? It's like you can't. I'm gonna let you explain it. But my understanding is you can't buy a rifle or a gun that has a clip, which sounds crazy, unless if you go through some kind of class that the Sheriff's department puts on. Is that is that it?
Speaker 20: You're pretty close you're gonna be banned from buying any firearm that is gas operated, semi automatic, that accepts the magazine.
Speaker 2: That's like any gun out there, right, I mean, wouldn't that be it? Correct me if I'm wrong? I mean, I own a bunch of guns, but honestly, you know, I just I'm not like into guns. I've just acquired them over time. But I mean, I can't think of any gun I own that doesn't take a clip, including my shotguns, including my nine millimeters.
Speaker 17: Any wheel gun like a revolver wouldn't be included.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I don't even own a revolver, So, but that is that correct, Troy, that would not be included.
Speaker 20: Yeah, the state legislature is trying to tell you that semi automatic pistols are operated by recoil. Well, the only way you can get recoil is through the combustion of gas. So this classes are going to make you take It's going to cost a state over twenty five million dollars to put this class together.
Speaker 2: But Troy, Troy, I want the update on it. But I every time someone tries something like this, eventually it always fails. And what I mean by that it gets overturned by a court, whether it goes all the way up to the Supreme Court, depending on which route it takes. But I mean, wouldn't this get overturned?
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's gonna get overturned. But what's going to happen is the state is going to steal twenty five million dollars from Colorado Parts and Wildlife to create this curriculum and course that you're going to have to go through it.
Speaker 2: So you think Polish is going to sign this.
Speaker 20: I think Polish is going to let it set up and sit on his desk and he won't have to sign it. Another stupid thing in Colorado.
Speaker 2: What do you mean he won't wait? Wait, wait, what do you mean he won't have to sign it? So you don't think what do you mean he's not going to veto it? Is that basically what you're saying.
Speaker 20: Correct, he's not going to veto it and he's not going to sign it. Okay, if a bill gets paused in the House, in the Senate, the governor has the option of not signing it and after thirty days it comes wall.
Speaker 2: Well I get that, But you don't think he's going to veto it?
Speaker 20: Then No, he wants to become president, so he's not going to be the guy that signed the you know, the biggest gunman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's no difference. Basically, what you're saying is there's no difference if he signs it or doesn't as long as he doesn't veto it. So I mean there's no difference. How does that benefit of him? If he's going to run for pres.
Speaker 20: Yeah, well he's going to be the guy that didn't veto the largest gun down, so he's playing both sides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just I can't imagine he doesn't veto it. And basically just for this reason, I mean, the corks are going to kick it down. I mean, you might as well have something saying, hey, we're not going to allow anybody to purchase a gun that's got a barrel I mean, or it's got a handle, or if that has a trigger, We're going to ban it. I mean, it's that absurd.
Speaker 20: Yep, oh it is. That's horribly absurd. But this legislation is being sponsored by an out of town lobbyist group funded by Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: See, I got well that's not surprising. I've got more faith that police will veto this. You know, I got into an argument with somebody. I forget who it was. I think it was Dimitri, And you know, we argue all the time. I mean, we have fun just going back and forth, just like we do on the show. But Polis is vetoed more things than I thought he has. I mean, I think you're right. I think he's trying to come off as a little more moderate to make a presidential run at some point. But I can't imagine this getting brought up on this Senate bill you're talking about, and you think, I assume the House is going to have no issue with it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, the House passed it, yes, say so now before the State Senate, when do.
Speaker 2: They vote on it?
Speaker 20: Maybe today? Yeah, so they've got to approve the amendments.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 20: So after I left the Senate in the middle of the night, and when it was in the House, it basically changed the bill apirely.
Speaker 2: I want to say something about guns in general, and this really does drive me crazy. These people that say we shouldn't have guns. I mean, would it be a perfect world if we could just snap our fingers and bad guys, good guys. Nobody had guns, meaning even the government didn't have guns. I mean, the main reason we have a constitution that talks about the right to bear arms is in case where government rises up against us. Now, people can argue I was a million years ago, blah blah blah, but none of it matters. It's there. But what I don't get is people that want to ban everything in the world. I just don't get it, because when we do have school shootings. When we do have people that kill other people, they they're crazy. I mean, what else can I say? It doesn't matter. They could have done it with a knife. They could have done it. Hold on, Troy, they could have done it a million different ways. I mean, I get it. You talk about the one guy in Vegas. What did he have a bump stock? Is that? Are those legal now, Troy? Do you know whether they're legal or not?
Speaker 20: So the bump stocks if federally illegal, but this bill will ban bump stocks. Yeah, so from your point, on the knives, so you're playing on the knives Europe, it is very difficult to get farms in Europe.
Speaker 2: Same with Mexico unless you're part of the cartel.
Speaker 20: Yeah. Well that's another sort that the Europeans. They have knife crimes all the time, outrageous.
Speaker 2: No, they'll go around stabbing people and it doesn't matter. We got people that push other people into the subway right in front of a train. We got people that blow people up. We got people who create molotov cocktails and throw them at Tesla's. Now they're all called nuts. So when people say banning the guns or certain kind of guns, it just never fixes anything. In fact, I rather have somebody with a gun when one of the nuts show up.
Speaker 20: Yep, yeah, that's the way, the depending against the guy with a gun.
Speaker 2: You know, kind of you're kind of in general, you're I don't want to say anti gun, but you kind of are, oh little, I'm not.
Speaker 4: And how's this.
Speaker 5: I don't I never want want to take somebody's rights away in our country for owning a gun. I don't like them. I don't want them in our house. I don't get my way on that.
Speaker 2: We've had guns in our house.
Speaker 5: I know they make me uncomfortable when I'm around them. Well I did have a guy come into our house with a gun, so that sort of bothers me. And they just make me very uncomfortable, I personally believe.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Catch some slack for this, but your own gun is more likely to kill you than someone else.
Speaker 4: So that's just how I feel.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 20: So then I agree with you. If you are not trained, you have to take training. But the government instituting mandatory training that nobody was going to want to Troy.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny, is she actually after everything she just said, I'm going to remind her of something she went through training and gotta and gotta concealed.
Speaker 4: Terry, how's this?
Speaker 5: I worked very hard to become comfortable with them. That was an effort of mine. And I'm just not comfortable around guns, and I'm uneasy with people who walk into an RB's with a gun.
Speaker 2: You don't have any You didn't have any guns in your history at all.
Speaker 4: Your parents they weren't anti gun. Were is to port to have a gun.
Speaker 2: That's really there's one reason, Hey, Troy, I appreciate that call. Keep us updated on that. I gotta take this for three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Renew Home Innovations. Oh my goodness, Nick and the gang down there. Picture a new shower court, solid surface walls, zero maintenance, huge inventory, and some of these can be done in a very short timeline. They can come in and redo that shower sometimes in two or three days, and their pricing is great. Nicking the gang down there, renew home Innovations dot com. You're gonna love them. You're looking for that new bathroom, give them a call. You can get a free shower door right now. Check this out to twelve months, no payments, no interest. They got discounts for seniors of veterans active military, and like I said, most installations are less than a week, some just a couple of days. Quit putting it off, get that old tub knocked out of there, and get a brand new, beautiful shower from renew Home Innovations. You know, we were talking during the break that guy brought up guns and that the Senate bill, and it's kind of interesting. I was thinking of the first like school shooting or something I remember, and it is Columbine. We had a friend who's Tony, Tony, I'm not gonna say his last name, but it devastated his family. His son was in the cafeteria. Son, thank god got away. It was one of the guys you saw running out of the cafeteria along with all the other kids. Totally devastating though it really did destroy I ultimately think a lot of the reason they ended up getting divorced and had some problems later on is because of that. I think Columbine for people that lived through it but didn't necessarily lose a loved one, it still affected these families and ways it almost no one can think about it. I think it kind of destroyed that family back then. But I was asking you, Chopper, were you a cop at that time? Yes, I was. Did you guys end up going down to Columbine?
Speaker 17: Never did, but they stayed around on the outside, and it destroyed a couple of our didn't destroy them, but a couple of our officers had kids in there. Yeah, and Jeff go wouldn't allow them to go on in because back then the policy was a lot.
Speaker 2: Different than it is.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and actually that policy as it what changed? Well, Yeah, But the one that I think about when it comes to the policy, I guess Columbine is a big one because if you recall, they didn't go in for a long time, and then ultimately they got somewhat lucky. We all got lucky because some of those bombs didn't go off. I mean, that would have been another level if we couldn't even understand different. So that was crazy. But Greg worked for us, and he called us up. He opened up one of my computer stores and he called up and he goes, I got to leave right now. I got to lock the door. Something's going on in my kids' school. And he hauled ass down there, and I turned the news on and it just started unfolding. It went crazy. But we were talking during the break. I mean my high school in New Jersey talk about a liberal state. We had a shooting range in the school. The middle school I went to next to the high school in Oklahoma, you would see kids parked all the time that had their shotguns and their rifles right in their pickup trucks. I mean they'd show them off. It was nothing, but none of I don't remember any school shootings. I don't remember anything like that back then.
Speaker 17: It was when I first started as an officer. It was not unusual stop cars that had shotguns and rifles in a pickup.
Speaker 2: Everywhere in their rack and schools had shooting clubs.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you didn't really in claud about it.
Speaker 2: No, A lot of people were just kind of brought up with guns. I just never understood, you know, the argument, well, it's an assault rifle, why does anybody need that? Well, where do you draw the line then, if it's not an assault rifle? I mean, when do you work your way down to no one needs a twenty two pistol?
Speaker 5: Then well, but then the other side of that is, do you got to own like a cannon?
Speaker 2: I mean, well, why who cares?
Speaker 4: It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm being serious. What's the difference. I don't even understand why machine guns quite honestly, dearly.
Speaker 5: Okay, should you have a gun that causes mass destruction or mass uh you know, killings?
Speaker 2: I mean, is that any Isn't that any gun?
Speaker 5: I don't know, like an automatic ar or a cannon gun that kill way more people then let's say a nine millimeter I'm just asking.
Speaker 6: I'm not proposing.
Speaker 2: I don't. I think I don't care what it is. If you got enough clips, it's not going to matter what it is. I just don't think it matters. And only certain people that have gone through that have certain credentials, is a better way to put it. Can have a true machine gun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there's these gun rights folks that think you should be able to have a tank and whatnot to protect yours.
Speaker 2: We've got a friend that bought a deuce and a half.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know where's that line where it's like, okay, that's a little overboy, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know where that Okay, let's ask the X cop where is that line? Because you're coming from the law enforcement.
Speaker 17: I don't know. But you talked about your son having a fully automatic shotgun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I didn't fully automatic. It's semi automatic.
Speaker 17: But it becomes you know, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he moved to Nebraska, when he moved out of the house, that's exactly what I did. I went out and bottom. It's called an escort. Literally, it's called an escort.
Speaker 17: I'm not a big one for everyone having a AR fifteen. Why because they're so dangerous in the wrong hands.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, how often how often does someone that did something horrible, some kind of shooting excuse me, one second, had to hit coughbun? How as a cop, I'm talking to you as a cop. How often did someone go out and buy the gun properly and then then do the crime? Nathan Dunlap I think of that one. I think of the Columbine. How many times do people go out and it's the guy that bought the gun properly, the guy that learned how to use it, the honest citizen. How often are they the ones or where do most of these criminals get their guns? Most of them aren't even supposed to have guns. Columbine, they weren't supposed to have guns. They had some didn't they have some woman to buy them for them. You think about all these I'm saying it never happens, but generally they're what stolen guns.
Speaker 17: Well, lately it's been parents that bought guns for the shooters.
Speaker 2: In the past, well that's happened. That's definitely happened.
Speaker 5: That Sandy Hook guy bought his guns legally he did.
Speaker 2: He was a nut. Yeah, that dude was a nut. He killed like little kids. But it wouldn't have mattered if he walked in there. They were little kids. I mean we're not even talking like high schoolers. These were little kids. He could have killed them in a hundred different ways. I guess is all I'm saying, I just I don't know the difference between a fully or a semi automatic nine millimeter pistol like a glock that you have ten clips for and having the assault rifle. What's the difference going to be? I mean, I guess the assault rifle, if it held more AMMO, might save you a second. But I mean, honestly, I don't know what the difference is. I just don't know. I gotta take this break, you know, I just I don't know the answer to it. But it's coming from someone like you. Chopper is a cop, though I mean hearing that, I think most cops are pretty pro gun. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 17: The street cops are probably pro guns, the command probably aren't.
Speaker 2: Aren't not a high level interesting? I'll take.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: The name of the company, by the way, Joe is CMG Financial, and John Clace I'm pulling up his information. He had a comment at who's a direct lender and what is a direct lender? Well, CMG is a bank. In fact, they're i think in every state. They can do loans in every state, but they can do reverse mortgages. And when you go through a broker, they generally shop around and where they make their money is on the spread. Let's say they can get an interest rate at six percent, they quote you six and a half, and they make that spread. They make those points. That's just how it's done. But when you deal directly with the bank, there is no middleman. And that's why your biggest thing you can do is at Suzanne pull up his.
Speaker 4: It's partner in lending dot.
Speaker 2: Com, Partner in lending dot com, Partner in lending dot com. Good people. Anthony's got to comment on guns. I'm not even sure where we got off on that subject, but it's very.
Speaker 4: Your Senate Bill of the Training that they're we.
Speaker 2: Were talking, Anthony, I'll go to you just second though. We were talking some very interesting you follow us on YouTube you can hear our conversations during the breaks after I'm done with the live commercials. But Suzan brought something up when he came the motorcycles and even guns. Now, our kids kind of grew up with motorcycles. My kid's first motorcycle was a little hont of fifty, had training wheels on it. He was three years old when he learned to ride a motorcycle and learned to shift gears on that little thing, and then we took the training reels off, probably when he was four. He might have drove that before. Now he drove a regular bike first, I think. But same with our daughter. They were just always on this. In fact, Addie, not last summer, the summer before. And she's tiny, petite girl. She'll hop up on our two fifty Suzuki that we put on the bus sometimes. And it's a tall bike. I mean it's a tall bike. She can't even touch the ground. But she can ride the bike good enough to where when she comes to a stop she can balance it even if she's got to hop off. But she can ride this bike. They just grew up on motorcycles. But he never went out and bought like a crow rocket.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He didn't turn like eighteen or nineteen and say Mom, I'm going to go buy you know, a fast, dangerous motorcycle.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He learned to respect bikes as a kid, you know, wearing the helmets, and he had some accidents and it was never a thing. But I was a complete opposite. My parents would never allow me to have a motorcycle. And when we lived in Oklahoma, everybody had it. I had a goat cart and a little mini bike, but I couldn't get a three wheeler was a thing back then, or a dirt bike or anything like that. I just simply wasn't allowed to have that stuff. And the second I was escorted out of that house, one of the first things I bought was a crowd rocket and I drove it like crazy. And a gun, that's right. And my parents weren't into guns at all. I never had a gun growing up. My mother totally anti gun, I mean to the point of, you know, the lefty left. Till this day, she's still anti gun big time. And I swear to God, the first thing I did when I was out of the house. I walked into Walmart and I was sixteen years old old. Back then you could walk into Walmart and buy a gun at sixteen years old, at least in Oklahoma. And I bought a gun. So, I mean that was that. And I've collected a lot. And our kids, because they grew up around all this stuff, they're not running out buying this stuff. They were used to it. I mean, it's it is quite remarkable. It is. That was a very interesting comment you made there, Susanne Anthony. What's your comment, Hillo Leon, Yeah, you're on Anthony.
Speaker 21: Oh, very good for you're talking about second and then so the second and Amendment, it's sort of dark as a sound. It was so people could stand up to the government. It was for military weapons, but of course have a case. It was for cannons. You allowed to have candular have muskets.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, it's in case if the government turned on you and wanted to kick you out of your own house and off your own property and enslave you or whatever the hell they wanted to do. You're absolutely right. That's why the Second Amendment is there. Because we didn't want we didn't want to happen with uh, well keep going, I'll let you go ahead. Well, no, you're good.
Speaker 21: It was for you know, it was specifically for military weapons. And uh, the you can have a militia that's well regulated guard exactly. Anybody could do a militia that was regulated. Most of the Civil War was militious. Most of the Civil War wasn't the South, which ironically was Democrat. Ironically they fought the government.
Speaker 8: They oh, they.
Speaker 21: Had military weapons and militias and fought the government. And they who were the Democrats? Are they they're pro black I believe, aren't they? Or they were?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 21: Uh, when Lyndon Johnson we get this passed as far as.
Speaker 2: Oh hey hey, just let's talk just on that line, Anthony, real quick. Let's talk something that happened just while Biden was in office. Do you remember whose funeral he went to?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 2: Bird?
Speaker 8: The bird?
Speaker 21: Who was bird?
Speaker 9: Which one?
Speaker 2: He was like he was like one of the the heads of the KKK.
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, well yeah, well Biden was pro clan really his.
Speaker 2: Those were the Democrats back in the in the thirties forties. They were They were about as bad as you could get. I don't know when they changed.
Speaker 21: Well, didn' Lyndon Johnson say if we met welfare past, will have those nwords voting for us for the next hundred years.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't.
Speaker 21: I I'm not sure it probably that quote is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably. It's probably somewhat true. I don't know if that's verbatim, but probably.
Speaker 21: And then why are people in the Ukraine allowed to defend themselves with these horrible weapons but we're supposed to be disarmed?
Speaker 2: So well, hey, listen, by the time when when any of these when any of these things get to the Supreme Court, they're generally all overturned. So, I mean, it's just remarkable they put all this time and effort to something that is not going to change anything. I mean, it really just kind of that part of it drives me crazy. Anthony. You know, my best friend growing up we called Antony. Do people call you Antony out of the curiosity?
Speaker 21: Any No? No, no, Anthony Tony sometimes growing up more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, man, you got anything else, sir?
Speaker 21: No, that's just it was the protection against the government, protection against the government. Uh, I don't it's complicated though. We're not in the same we're not in the same error that we were then.
Speaker 5: Oh no, they didn't foresee technology and whatever else that came up, like now it's easier to print ghost guns.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second to what does any of that matter?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 2: Why does that matter? You can take an airplane and kill one hundred thousand people. You can take a dump truck and roll it down New Orleans during Marti Gras and kill thousands of people. So yeah, things change. When they came up with all that. There wasn't airplanes, but yet nine to eleven happened and killed more people than any school shooting I really heard.
Speaker 5: Let's let people do nuclear stuff if they can figure it out. Why not?
Speaker 2: If they can figure it out, Hey, I Ram's been trying to figure it out for one hundred and fifty years. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right three zero free Martino. Don't forget my friends had number works on and off the air. You can probably give it to your friends, give it to your family anytime you need help. That's what we do here. You know, we talk about all kinds of things, but the main thing we do is help. Now, real quick, I want to tell you about Dan McKenzie. Talk about help. If you haven't updated your will, or maybe something has changed. Maybe you've had a kid, maybe you never had a will, maybe you got divorced. But if anything's changed, McKenzie can do it all. He can do wills, trust, power of attorney's, medical director, he's beneficiary, deeds, you name it. This guy can do it. And if you're facing probate in need immediate help, call Dan. You can help with the state planning. Here's what a lot of people don't think of, asset protection. Maybe your parents are getting older, into their eighties, and you know you don't want to see basically medicare come after all the money. Talk to this guy. He's really smart man. He's a great attorney. Eight three three co Plans. That's the phone number. Eight three three co Plans. Call Dan up or go to co Plans dot co as in Colorado Coplans dot co. Now, I'll take a quick comment from Justin on two way. Go ahead, Justin, what's your comment? Two way is the gun Amendment.
Speaker 22: I just applied for my CCW here in Colorado today and I've gone to a few stories. I've got a few already wanted to get that permit before the loss change. Obviously they're crazy. There's I got three months. It's over at three months late time just to get finger printed for the appointment. Plus it's like ninety days after. I feel like that's very long. I think people are starting to get in a frenzy, at least in this state about it. Have you seen anything like that?
Speaker 2: No, I personally haven't. We've got a guy that I could call up. We don't have time today, but he did those permits and classes down in Colorado Springs forever. And I'll tell you the other one that knows a ton about that we could have on one of these days is Leland klen Conway.
Speaker 6: We tried last week it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Leland, this guy knows more about what's going on in guns in Colorado and every state than anybody else man. He's incredible. Anyhow, listen, we've got a lot of cooking for tomorrow. Three oh three, Martino, don't forget that's on and off the air. Help troubleshooter dot Com. See you then,