Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants me God tell stand for sixteen, So well, yours is my.
Speaker 1: You can acknowledge me.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome to the WWE podcast. Big show today is we duel things up with Saturday Night main event, predictions for tomorrow night and the mail bag. Get your emails and calls here and we'll be doing that shortly. But as the Saturday Night main event comes upon us, I would like to invite you who those of you who may not have the opportunity to join us on the ad free side to do that. You can do that on Patreon at Patreon dot com, slash wo podcast or Apple on Apple Podcasts, you just click on subscribe button and both offer a one week free trial if you're interested. And also our other show, it's called The War on Truth about Politics and Culture. You can check us out really anywhere else that Patreon as well, War on Truth on Patreon or Apple. So let's dive into it and we'll start with the emails as we do every single week, and we're going to start with aj he says, Hopefully this is in on time. I just wanted to bring up that. I'm glad I'm seeing more and more people on X point out that the massive flaws are in Roman Reign's character. I don't understand why people like Michael Cole rode so hard for him during his title run. Roman barely ever defended and he always had help. Yet Cole a face would call him the most dominant champion and ever had that line, never had that line about if any other wrestlers are mad because about his schedule, they should just beat him. I don't know if ever that sentence right, but a right. It just made no sense why no one really ever pushed back against the character too hard for how he won and how often he defended. Also, I don't like how everyone just went back to him and he when he really hasn't changed at all. Yet his family, the ones who screwed him over the most, are just okay with him now because Solo is like a quarter as bad as he was. I don't know what that means. Drew and Ko have every right to hate the bloodline and Roman and people like Cody don't make any sense for defending Roman's honor. Sometimes you need to just and I should probably take my own advice at times, but you need to just suspend your disbelief. Try to consciously do that. Now. Trying to consciously do it is not usually that effective because you're now consciously trying to take disbelief out, which disbelief should just happen without you forcing it. But sometimes trying to use logic will kill a storyline. I'm very guilty of that myself, criticizing stories that don't have logic. Non you're I think valid in your criticisms of the lack of logic here with Rowan raids, he hasn't changed. People did criticize him for how often he defended. In fact, that was the number one complaint. Roma's not here, he never defends. I was very vocal about that myself when they tried to talk about how many days he was champion and how it's really a farce because hey, you're just racking up days and you're not even here. Anyone could do that, and as the number one criticism, and it was a criticism that I was consistent with and many were as well. And I got tired of the well when he's here at special deodorizer, I got real tired of that, and sure everyone else all of a sudden cool with him, But isn't that also the genius that he hasn't changed and people are also on his side, that the crowd has supported him, yet he hasn't really changed outside of his music. He hasn't really changed at all, which is I actually appreciate that it's more consistent in storytelling, because if Roman were to suddenly go back to smiling and complimenting the crowd, it would have felt very disingenuous. It would have felt very heavy handed. But you know, you don't need to change a character when they start cheering the guy that's not even there, knowing who he is. Meaning when Solo did what he did back in April, and you saw where they were going to go with this, he starts his own bloodline, goes against Roman, assaults Paul Hayman. You know what's coming. Very quickly after WrestleMania, this happened, Yet people are chanting for Roman to come back, knowing who he is. Meaning I don't want Roman to change. I just wanted to come back and kick so those ass It's kind of a great place to be as a character that they don't really want you to change to cheer you, and I actually like that. So now I think that sometimes they can have kind of a critical mistake with the characters, where there suddenly they hate the crowd, and then they flip and there suddenly complimentary and telling the crown how they're going to be a fighting champion and all the rest that I can't stand, but all right. Side note, hopefully Ko beats Cody on Saturday, but that won't happen because the belt is impurgatory until the Rock decides. He feels like he's having a match, and that sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably, I'll get to my predictions a little bit. The second side note, I've been watching past pay per views lately and I really really think that Sammy should have been the one to beat Roman. Cody just needed to finish his finish the boring story. I consistently say that, even though we saw it all play out, and at least Roman's non champion anymore, which is the important thing, I still believe, still believe in February of twenty three it should have been Sammy's ain in Montreal beating Roman reigns. I still believe that all these months later and now years almost later, Sammy was the right guy at the right time, with the perfect kind of crowd connection that you want, a very Daniel Bryan esque connection, meaning very genuine, very passionate. That's what you wanted when for someone to beat Roman. But that's not where they wanted to go because they foresaw a potential rock you know of WrestleMania showdown. They saw that, Hey it's February, WrestleMania is in two months. We're not going to have Roman drop the belt now, so I know why they didn't make that call. But I'm totally with you. Thanks AJ, Let's go to Dino, he says, what's happening. I'm so frustrated. The ticket prices for RAW in March twenty fourth here in Scotland Glasgow are the same as they were for Clash the Castle back in June. I'm not going to dive right in this time because I'm not paying the three hundred and forty four pounds or four hundred and thirty five dollars just for OK seats. The cheapest seats, by the way, are up in the back, which is about two hundred and nineteen dollars for those interested for the second row opposite the hardcam. It's nine hundred and ninety seven pounds, which is well over one thousand dollars. Yeah, not happening. I don't blame you. That's I mean, that's highway robbery. Feels like a cash grab. Now you know why they do this, right, you know how they're getting away with it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Couple things. Number One, expenses are higher for WWE to travel overseas, ticket prices, planes, hotels, customs, passports, everything, transportation, you name it. Expenses and for all that equipment to fly over a massive body of water versus just down the road is inherently more expensive for the company. So they're going to pass those expenses down onto the consumer like every other business does. That's not an evil strategy, that's that's just the way businesses operate. So that's part of it. The other part is they don't visit very often, and they know they can charge a little bit higher of a price because the fans will pay it since they're not there often. So you got a couple things working against you, and it is insane. I mean, that's that is insane. Sorry. I mean for here in the in the States, for the seats you're talking about, for the okay seats, I mean I would basically slice everything in half. I'd say it's well, not even that, maybe less than that for OK seats, maybe a lower level. Not even camera side you're looking at eighty eighty bucks, maybe eighty bucks. For camera side, you're looking at like one twenty one thirty. But if you want a good center camera, you're looking at one fifty. You want a ring side, you're looking at five hundred dollars. So it's about, you know, fifty percent lower to sixty percent, seventy percent lower here in the States for eight just a you know, a raw or a SmackDown. Now, of course that changes with hell shows or pay per views or Peel's. That's crazy, all right. I noticed on Wikipedia there will be a new theme song for Raw starting on January sixth, So it got me thinking, because, as you know, I care about all the little things. Does this mean a new set back to Pyro for every opening of Raw? Maybe back to the classic red ropes, back to three hours, back to Cole and McAfee on commentary boy, I hope. So except for three hours, I prefer the two hour format. I swear the new Raw theme by Travis Scott better be good. That used to be a thing for now. I know you pay attention to it, Dino, and that's awesome. I haven't really paid attention to the raw theme in quite a while. I mean, I remember all the classics back in the attitude era, back in the ruthless aggression era, but I haven't really paid too much, which of close attention to the raw themes lately just kind of is what it is. It's not something that I pay particular, you know, attention to, or have a vested interest in. But as far as the McAfee, yes, apparently back. Ifee will be back in January. I don't know about the classic ropes there. This is gonna be a big deal, a big show, massive show, a pl E quality show, stars studded everywhere, likely Rock, maybe even Austin. All hands on deck, forego the draft rules, which doesn't really make it much different than any other week, but it'll be especially agree just on January sixth. It's gonna be a big, big, big show. Stage will be interesting. Did they need to change it, I don't know. I mean, they purposely went for the setup they have now to accommodate more seating where Vince forewent the seating for presentation, so we'll see. Is it just me that noticed Alicia Taylor trying to replicate Samantha Irvin, especially with Chelsea Green pronunciation. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she gets a promotion to raw in this stupid transfer to a coming up. I guess it doesn't really matter, though, does it? Every now and then, even the ring announcer appearing on different shows, because as we all know, they don't care not to be a hypocrite. But I don't really care either. It's just that Alicia Taylor is the worst out of her Lilian and Mike Rum, in my opinion, can't disagree. I never liked Alisha Taylor, at least in the perspective of looking at like you said, the rest of the announcers. She was always in the shadow of Samantha Irvin, always because Samantha Irvin was exceptional, and they brought her in as a I mean, now, you know the three letters I'm thinking if you follow my other podcast, it's a three letter higher that I won't bring up here, but it's what it was. And they made a big deal about her being you know, Oh my god, for the first day I'm ever two black women female announcers, It's like, okay, but like, is she here on merit or because of the color of her skin? I mean, that's a good question to ask. I don't think she's particularly great because she's always now going to be compared to Samantha Irvin, and that's, whether fair or not, that's the reality. I have nothing personal against Alicia Taylor, but she's not Samantha Irvin, and that's her biggest sin. And I just I don't like her either. It's always like she is trying to be someone she's not. I don't even like her. Her voice particularly, I find it not very I don't think her voice fits what a ring announcer is, all right, Samantha Irvin perfect, Lili and Garcia right up there too, Mike Rome like him too. You gotta have a special kind of cadence in voice, and Alicia Taylor is not it, all right. So lastly, if it's Seth versus punkin rock versus Cody at WrestleMania, then perhaps it's Roman versus Solo at WrestleMania for the Ulafala. I hope not. But then, as we all have I've learned this year Triple H loves Triple Threats, so it could be Seth versus Punk versus Roman, or Rock versus Cody versus Roman, neither of which I want. By the way, the other options for Roman could be Drew or maybe John Cena. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, so I would take those last two options out of the equation. I don't think Roman and McIntyre are going to be in the same universe yet. And by the way, my god side note before I forget, if you guys haven't listened to Drew McIntyre's interview that he did Unbusted Open, listen to it. There's some free promotion for Busted Open. But it is brilliant because I honestly don't know if it's a work or a shoot. Don't know Drew is entering a new level of believability or blurring the lines, shall I say? I don't know what to make of this Drew McIntire. It seems authentic, like he's giving a real interview, but it also could be viewed as part of his character as a heel. But he's not on WWE television, He's on a podcast. Go listen to it. It's it's not a drop dead awesome. It's not like a promo that you go, oh my god, best promo whatever. It's just Drew being Drew. But you don't know what he's doing right now, or who he's trying to be, or if he's serious or if this is I'm serious. I don't know what this is what Drew's doing to our minds, but it's awesome. Check it out. I would lean towards being a work, mostly work, but there's some real stuff in there. Okay, far as the rest of this goes, could be Rock and Cody at WrestleMania. But then now we're hearing all the Rock can't do this year's WrestleMania. How often do we effing hear that? Every single year we hear about the Rock. Oh, well he's not gonna be able to wrestle this year. Well he can't do that this year. Well you know, movie movies, movies, movies, movies, movies, movies, he has a schedule, movies, movies, movies. And then you know, obviously last year got all left up because the fans decided they wanted Cody instead of the Rock, and the Rock was in a tag team match. Only so after all this time, after all the Rocks were to return and hubbabaloo is that a word? I don't know, but he still hasn't had a one on one match. How it's incredible the Rock does all this training. Think about all the sacrifice the Rock had to do to train and it was just for a tag team match, and he still hasn't had a singles match. So I've been very steadfast. I don't want Rock and Cody at WrestleMania. If they want to do it at a rumble, I'm fine by it. You want to do it an elimination chamber, cool, Hell, you want to make it one of the biggest SmackDown main events of all time and promoted as such, I'm fine with that too. But Rock Cody at WrestleMania does not interest me. Not that I won't watch it, of course I will, but it doesn't interest me in the scheme of who could face who. Okay, I don't want I don't want Roman and Solo. And the reason is we've seen that over the last Yeah, we haven't got like the full one on one for the Ula Falla. But is the Ulafala really gonna be the hook for WrestleMania for Roman, given we've seen Roman versus solo since he returned at SummerSlam. I mean that's been his program. Are we really gonna stretch that all the way to WrestleMania? I don't think they can. I don't think the fans would be super interested at it. I mean, don't forget. Also, WrestleMania is like mid April, late April, like April twentieth or something this year, So that's a hell of a long time away to continue this program. So all right, as far as John Cena Roman, no, I think John Cena right now is gonna be Yeah, he could face Roman, but he already faced Roman a couple of years ago, and it was for the championship. We've been there, We've done Roman and Sena and also who you turning heel in that? Neither that that would I think be a little bit of a bad move. Now, not that they couldn't have another before seen it calls it a career in December of twenty five, so a year from now, But I don't think there's really any value in those two hooking it up again, because you don't want to turn either one of them heel right now, oh so many, so many questions. Thanks, you know, all right, let's let's see. I know I've got somebody who's not a patron. But those of you, by the way, if you don't know, you can go to Patreon and you can get yourself not just add free everything, but you also get priority in this particular show those who aren't patrons, we still read your emails, but we put those who are patrons to the front of the line. So, speaking of which, let's talk to Alex the French guy, and he says, I want to continue my discussion on SETH and seampunk beyond the notion of heal and face here the philosopher Frederick NEETs, Oh boy, that's about as good as you're gonna get. In his book Beyond Good and Evil says that beyond the moral compass of good and evil lies the concept of quote will to power. It represents a creative and dynamic that drives self growth, self overcoming, and transformation, pushing individuals to assert themselves and create new values. Why all of this? In my opinion, the WWE audience respects this about Punk, regardless of what he does, and if it's wrong or not healer face. People will choose Punk because he stands up for himself. The same can't be said for Seth. For the past ten years, Seth has been a staple corporate man that would do everything for the company, dressed up like a goof Okay, lose against anyone, Okay, defend the company at any cost. Okay. I think this is why people tend to cheer for Punk more because he seems to genuinely care for himself first, a little longer than usual, But I hope it's clear that could be the reason, Alex. You know, he seems more anti establishment, that he doesn't have any kind of loyalty to the company. He's a rebel, he's against the man. But let's take everything you said at face value for this for argument's sake, that that's why people are cheering for Punk, and they'll boo Seth because Punk is caring about himself first. Well, if that's true, then that's a little bit of a referendum on today's society that prioritizing yourself over the company you're working for is something that should be applauded. Now, that's not to say you're a slave of the company, that you'll do their bidding no matter the request, right illegal or not, of course not. Nobody is an actual slave to any company they work for. They may say it as an analogy, but in literal terms they're not. Okay, So putting that situation aside, putting yourself over the company is clearly a selfish act that will result in likely you being fired. It's a referendum on your character that you put yourself before the greater good of the company. It's not a great quality. Now you can look at it as rebellious or whatever you want. And going against the man, going against the machine is something that has traditionally been something the fans cheer. Look at Stone Cold Seeve Austin, for God's sakes, But he did it within the context of still pushing the company forward. Hell, he pushed it to heights the company had never seen in the late nineties. Right. So sure, you could look at Seth dressing up like a goof losing against anyone, defending the company in any cost as negatives because he'll do anything for the company, But easily those could be turned into positives as he's a company guy. He'll do whatever the company wants him to do within reason. Of course he's not going to go out there and do something insanely self destructive or illegal, as I said, of course not, but within the context of and the common goal of trying to further the company, which is what the star is actually because guess what, it still means more money in their pockets. Common goals can happen here. You can have disagreements about how you want to address I prefer not to lose to this person, but here's a better way to do it. That's all fine and well, but that's semantics. If you have a common goal as an employee and you want to still you want to actually help the company, because it's sure even if the actual underlying reason is to help yourself, If you're still helping the company, then who the hell cares? Because both get what they want. So I see what you're saying. But I think the fans gravitate towards Punk because he feels more authentic than Seth rawlins those at times. So for me, it's authenticity. It's not necessarily that Seth is just a company guy, and it seems to be that way. I mean, we don't know. Maybe Seth came up with the whole gimmick here. I don't know for sure does he want to dress up like that? Maybe that's just who he was, Maybe that's that was his Maybe that was his idea. Who knows. But I think again, you can have common goals and should have common goals, and I think authenticity for punk is the reason that people gravitate to him. And yeah, obviously he's got still more time in the businesses than Seth Rollins does, but Seth Rowlins is still a veteran by definition. Two interesting Alex. All right, let's go to another patron, Jeff, and he says, hello, All, Saturday night's main event is looking like it's going to be a great night. There's some positivity, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: Nothing big is going to change, but I do feel like next Monday, Finn and JD will be losing their tag titles to the war Raiders. I also love what they're doing with the New Day. This is definitely the best I've seen them. Just wanted to stop in and say hi to all my fellow wrestling fanatics. Won't be in the Discord tonight, as I'll be out for my birthday with is today. Oh well, happy birthday two days ago. Jeff so happy birthday two days ago. Stay you see my friends. So let's go Mets, the new three hundred and ninety five dollar poor Mets. Yeah, well you got okay very quickly on the Mets. I know some people just hate it when I talk about anything other than the wrestling, but he brought it up. So the Mets, obviously, if you follow baseball or you don't, or you might have seen the headline, signed Juan Soto to a sixteen year, seven hundred and sixty five million dollar a year, about fifty one million dollars a year. So I think you meant six hundred or seven hundred and sixty five million dollars. But uh yeah, so, I mean that's an all time record highest contract ever for any player ever in baseball. Wild outbid the Yankees. You guys got Steve Cohen, an owner sitting on hundreds of billions of dollars. You're good. This is really not that much money for Steve Cohen, who is sitting on a pile of cash. And they were able to outbid the Yankees for the first time. I mean, when was the last time the Yankees were outbid by an organization that is like the Yankees never so ye, you guys got a hell of a player. Hell of a player. All right, Let's now go to an email from who is this?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: This is Barb or Barbara and she says hello. I just wanted to say I love the podcast. I've learned so much about the show since listening. It's also so fun to getting everyone's point of view. This question is for Jeff. I would assume the Jeff that I just wrote read eat email from why is the Jury no longer introduced? At the Tribal Council? I like that in case I forgot names? Is there a reason why this stopped? I don't feel like it takes up much time. I know how precious it is with this show. I've been a fan since the very first season. Love love this show. All right, So why is the jury no longer introduced tribal Council? I don't know what you're talking about, Barb. So maybe that's why it's for Jeff. So this is for Jeff. My name is not Jeff. I'm Matt. But maybe I'm not sure. So if it is for Jeff, Barbie, first of all, thank you for the compliments. I'm not sure what we're talking about though, so feel free please email me back and say, oh, you're talking about this, and then I'll feel stupid and you know, I can clarify it on the show. But well, thank you Barb for listening. And if you're learning from the show, cool, you know, the more you know, Q the NBC logo. All right, thank you so much. Now let's get to one or two. Wait a minute, no, no, no, I take that back. We got DJ. Sorry, DJ, your email was down below, So I apologize. Let's get to DJ, and then we'll get to the emails or the out of the voicemails, and then do my predictions for the Saturday night main event. All right, after listening to last week's mail bag, I want to preface this by saying that some of my grammatical errors were indeed due to me trying to keep my eyes open on a Thursday morning after coming home from the usual eight hour overnight shift. So I apologize, don't worry about DJ. Sometimes I just I can't read, and so I just chalk it up to either I am belterate right now, or maybe there were some typos. It's all good. Now let's get to my predictions for Saturday night's main event before I fall asleep again. All Right, we'll see how far we can go. Gunther versus Priest versus Ballor for the world title. Here's DJ's predictions, once again another triple threat. I roll my eyes while typing this. I predict gun Through retains okay. The Women's United States Championship Finals. I predict that Tiffany and Bailey will be in the finals, as they will most likely win their semi final matches on this Friday's episode of SmackDown. But I predict that Bailey wins the US title while some sort of outside distraction from either her with some outside distraction from either Naomi and or Naya Jacks. Sammy versus Drew McIntyre. Drew wins Live versus EO Sky for the women's world title. You're predicting that Live Morgan wins. Cody versus Ko undisputed WWE title or as many people are suspecting, the Winged the Winged Eagle Championship from the mid nineties. This is kind of tough for me to predict because Ko makes a reasonable and possible case to become world champion. But I'm gonna predict that Cody retains. It would be interesting though, if Ko wins, since he hasn't won a major title since twenty sixteen, the same year that Cody requested his release from WWE. Anyway, DJ signing off enjoys Saturday Night's main events, have a great weekend, and he'll see everyone in the discord chat Saturday night, all right or Friday and Saturday alrighty well, I'll respond to those shortly, DJ, No, not some bad picks or you got you got some pretty good ones. I will just say that, but let's get two said email or rather voicemails. Let's do that right now, and then we'll dive into the bricktion. So let's go.
Speaker 5: This is DJ coolesmel Back added again on your mail back show records. You live on a Wednesday board, and you know what time it is. It's time to.
Speaker 3: See his name man, he peers.
Speaker 5: I believe in Joe Hendry.
Speaker 1: I believe in Joe Henry.
Speaker 5: Joe Hendry is his name. As I take it to my twenty second episode of The Judge Report, coming to life once again from Annes closed location, I must mention before we start the show a little bit of news in professional baseball. As a New York Mets fans. Shout out to all you Mets fans out there, because we got the word that one Soto is coming to the Mets for fifteen years for seven hundred and sixty.
Speaker 1: Five million dollars.
Speaker 5: That's right, seven hundred and sixty five million dollars, as he is now the highest paid baseball player in Major League Baseball, as he surpassed shawhan Otani's mills that he made last season. And any way, this is a time to rejoice for all you Mets fans. We are no longer playing second fiddle to the New York Yankees who are crying and complaining that One Soto ditched their ball club and is now joining the New York Mets. So shout out to Steve Cohen for making this happen, for Juan Soto to come to the New York Mets and hopefully we could win a World Series. We haven't won a World Series since nineteen eighty six, and of course our last World Series appearances was at twenty fifteen when we got embarrassed by the Kansas City the rules. But this is a day to rejoice for all you Mets fans. So to all you Yankee fans, keep crying, keep complaining, because this is our city, New York Mets. Let's go New York Mets. Let's go man Anyway. Anyway, let's get back to the Joe Hendry report. I just have to get that off my chest, as one Soto is going to be part of a new renaissance in New York baseball for the New York Bets. Anyway, let's guess you the Joe Hendryport episode twenty two. As last week on TNA Parusling, it has been announced that Joe Hendry will be included in a fatal four way which will be happening this coming Friday at ten day's final pay per view of the year called TNA Final Resolution Line from Atlanta, Georgia. As Joe Hendry will be included in a fatal four way and this is If he wins this fatal four way, he will be the new number one contender to face Nick Nevitt for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, which will be taking place on January nineteenth of twenty twenty five live from Texas at this paper you call TNA Genesis. So with that being said, this has to be the win for Joe Hendry. Look, he has had a tremendous year. Give Joe Hendry the victory in this fatal four way to top off a great year of twenty twenty four before he goes into twenty twenty five as he this time will go up against Nicky but again, hopefully in twenty twenty five, this will be the year that he finally becomes a TNA World Champion. Now, let's also talk about what's going on outside of TNA par Wrestlink as Joe Hendry of course makes his appearances. This past Saturday at Rocket Pro Wrestling and Jolie, Illinois, Joe Hendry made an appearance. Then this past Sunday live from Memphis, Tennessee, Joe Hendry made his Memphis Pro Wrestling debut in a Rumble event. I also saw that Joe Hendry is on the cover of p WI Pro Wrestling Illustrator February twenty twenty five. Magazine cover is none other than Joe Hendry as he graces the cover talking about his story, his tremendous year of twenty twenty four and how you must continue to believe and say his name the road to redemption for where he was back in twenty and twenty twenty two to where he is right now and his future. Of course he will end up in the WWE. But you got to get that digital copy of Joe Hendry. It's the February twenty twenty five cover. It's already out right now on pwi's website. I will be purchasing it at well, and most simporly, folks, always remember to say his name, believe, remember the words that Joe Hendry says anytime, any place, at any show, and most so portly shoutouts all you Mets fans once again, we got war soon the best baseball player in the league today. But most so portly, always remember to do.
Speaker 2: This song science well to here.
Speaker 5: Substeges once again, this is your guy. DJ Couzmo, have a blessed week, be kind to one of those stays in my friends.
Speaker 2: Believe and peace, all right, DJ, Yeah the Mats man. Hey, listen, people keep bringing it up and get a respond. I am a Yankee fan unapologetically. No, I mean I'm not sitting here crying about crying about salt. Does it suck? Yeah, because again, for the first time, you have an organization that can outbid the Mighty Yankees. When's the last time that happened. Like I said, this is something that is foreign to the Yankee fans that just feel that they have an unlimited amount of money that their particular team will shell out. Dollars don't matter. They'll just get and purchase whatever they want and whoever they want. So true, Steve Cohen has deeper pockets than the Yankees do, which is unfathomable to most of us. But here's the thing that I would warn all Matts fans here. You have more potential now, but you didn't buy guarantees right like any team. This doesn't just apply to the Mets, but since we're talking about them, and this goes for any sports team every year, all the time. Every year you pick up a player on the free agent market, you pick somebody up from college or from the minor leagues, or you make a trade, all you're purchasing in reality is potential. That's it. The other side of this is now you have to deliver. You have to deliver to the fans what they expect, and what they expect now from the Mets specifically, is a World Series. This may be the first time that the Mets are in a position of World Series or bust from the fans perspective, because they were two wins away this year from going to the World Series two, which would have been a Subway Series which I actually wanted Verse instead of La. Now, the Yankees might have still lost. They played like crap in the World Series and were outclassed by younger, more athletic talent on the Dodgers, and credit to them, but it's World Series are bust now for the Mets. I don't think the organization has felt this kind of pressure or had this kind of expectation since Hell, maybe your nineteen eighty six championship. But again, you bought the Mets, the owner, Steve Cohen bought, bought higher potential, but no guarantees. There's no such thing. Guarantees don't exist in sports. So yeah, but hey, one way or the other, I'll stop talking about baseball for everybody, like, oh my god, I just want to listen to wrestling. Last thing I'll say on this It should be a hell of a baseball season in New York. Hell of a baseball season the Yankees, maybe, I think in the I think the Eggs will probably take the wild car position. I actually if they don't, I mean, well, they just picked up Max Freed. But I think that they'll be battling for first place. Whoever wins is going to win by like two to three games. They'll be battling with balt More, and I think that it's going to be a hell of a close dogfight all season and it'll go come down to the last week just like it did was the last year year before. So anyway, I'm done with the baseball talk Joe Hendry. Guys PWI. Now PWI doesn't have the same cachet swag as it used to when it comes to oh who's on the cover? Because magazines have gone by the wayside. But like you said, the digital copy, yes, but I don't know how many people now still read PWI as far as like looking at it and going, oh my god, who's on the cover? That said it doesn't I think take away from what it means Joe Hendry being on that on the cover that magazine is a big deal. It's a big deal. And I continue to say I'm excited for his future, yes, ww bound, but what he's doing in the meantime and the impact he's making laying the Foundation, and it's a great time for him to discover who and what he is and all that kind of thing. So thank you Jeff for keeping us update. Let's get to our next voicemail.
Speaker 3: Hey, Matt, it's Brad in Florida calling you from W two degrees on a Tuesday night. The best saint in the country. And I say that as a former New Yorker. But listen, man, I have a bone to pick with WWE on one topic just tonight, the two night pls. I hear they are thinking about a two night Royal Rumble. Obviously they're doing a two night WrestleMania of course as always, but a two night Summer Slam coming up in twenty twenty five. You know, there's something to be said for leaving people wanting more. They're also, you know, obviously going to a three hour raw or back to a three hour raw, back to a three hour SmackDown. You're throwing in Saturday Night's main events here and there. Now, I mean, at what point does WWE say, hey, like, maybe we should leave our fans wanting a little bit more. Because I'm at the point now where wrestling is start is going to start, especially with two night pls. It's gonna start monopolizing my entire life. And I can't not have a Saturday night and a Sunday night. I'm married, I have a wife who needs things and wants to go places and do things with friends and family and whatever. And it's really hard to say, hey, honey, SummerSlam is on, so we're we're doing nothing Saturday and Sunday night. It's a very hard thing to do, you know. So to me, like, I think it's a big mistake. There's a lot to be said for you know, scarce scarcity in certain instances. And I'm not saying they're gonna go to scarce programming where it's not a lot at all, but like when you're talking about three hours three hours and then another three hours three hours during the week, that's twelve hours of wrestling in a week, and if you're quitting NXT, it's fifth, it's fourteen. I mean, it is a tremendous commitment. It's becoming a tremendous commitment, much more than NFL, much more than baseball, much more than college football, much more than basketball, much more than a hockey much more than anything. So I think they should really rethink this. I think it's a terrible idea to do two nights of royal rumble, two nights of hell and a cell or bad blood or whatever like it's just ridiculous. So signing off. Thanks a lot man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, Brad. I need I need a weather report every single week here from now until April. It'll make me feel really good about myself.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: The only the only thing I can I can retort on that is that I'll be in Cancun for two weeks or not two weeks. I'll be off for two weeks from work, but I'll be in Cancun for four nights in February, and it might affect the podcast. I might have some fill ins by the way, I'll have more details about that, but that'll be the only time that I have warmer weather than you is in February when I'm in Cancun. So we'll see. And last year I did go to Cancun too. It was a disaster of a trip, not that anyone asked or cared, but it was a horrible experience last time, and I was I've been before that too and it was great experience, but the travel there was horrible. Freezing planes, layovers, canceled flights. It was like twelve hours later than we wanted to get in. It was only two nights or three nights that were staying there. I ended up cutting my finger the moment we got into the hotel room. The medical team had to commit and wrap my finger up. I was wearing like this wrapped up finger the whole time I was there. It was just a total disaster. But oddly I still didn't have fun. But anyway, that is the only time I'll be able to give you a little bit of a haha. He he look at my weather. That's it. And I will be sure to do that when I'm if I can record a show there, maybe I will. Anyway, WWE has they have the I don't know if it's a if it is a flaw or a feature or a feature or a bug, whatever analogy you want to use, because they have a fan base that there's a significant portion that can't get enough. There's a significant portion that just has more and more and more. And I don't think that's the majority, but I think that's some raw being three hours will never get used to. Two hours is the sweet spot for a wrestling show. I don't want three. But here's the other thing beyond fans that do want three or can't get enough or can get enough, like you and I are, I'm on the same boat man. I got kids, I got a wife too, I got life, I got other things I want to watch. It's a hell of a commitment. But to w w WE, it's not just about well, there is a lot of content. I think they also look at it as hey, more content, more AD revenue. Right, the more you put out in this little show I have in the little corner of the of the Internet that this show is. I know that we have. The more content we have, the more ads I can put in the show, the more revenue I make. It's it's not a secret. So I think they're looking at it through that perspective too. Of Hey, I make more content, that means I can sell more AD space, which means our company makes more money. And if the downside is a bunch of fans that say, oh my god, too much content overload, we'll take that. We'll take that trade off for more money. And they will every time and twice on Sunday, right, because they are money first.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: We want to pretend just that. You know, the WWE are here to serve our needs and our preferences. But they are here and exist first and foremost to make money. I know that a lot of people don't want to remember that or pretend that that's not the case, that they're here to serve and protect. Right, they're not. Just like Juan Soto going to the Mets, the Yankee fans wanted to believe he wanted to be a Yankee for life, and Monument Park and the tradition and the history nonsense. All about the money, baby, It's all about the money. And if the fans are happy, then that's a secondary bonus. But that's certainly not our priority at all times. The priority at all times is to satisfy Wall Street make the most money we can. And if people want to demonize them for that, so be it. They'll take the criticism and laugh all the way to the bank. That's what they'll do. And their stock price reflects that the WWE has never been more profitable, right and so again. But if there's a trade off, and that trade off is an overwhelming saturation of content that, as you said, also sucks up an entire weekend. Now to be fair. It's what now it's three weekends a year that we're gonna have to deal with dual night pl We're also now no longer in the era of either watch it or you can't. You can't watch it right, either watch it live or you can't, or gotta throw the VCR tape in, right for those of you that know what a VHS or VHS tape is anyway, VCR is where you put the VHS tape. But you get my drift right. Everything's on demand, So unless you are you need to know what happened at that moment WW, you would say, well, it's on demand. If you have Peacock, you can watch it at your convenience at any time. So there is that too, But I totally agree with you, just just generally, if I could waive my magic wand that doesn't exist, I would. I would make less content. I would because guess what that also does from a fans perspective, again not from Wall Street or money, but from a fans perspective, which, as we're seeing right now, is in contrast with the goals of w's making money strategy. Rightfully, so is that less content will lead to higher quality content At least in theory because there's less content tend to produce, so you can focus at a higher quality on the actual content that you do have, which is less right or fewer hours. So there is that too. But anyway, good stuff, Brad. I hope all as well, and thank you so much. Let's get to one more voicemail and then my predictions, which will go pretty quick. But I have some thoughts that I haven't shared yet, So one more and see see where who it is here?
Speaker 6: I think it's Alex, So let's go ask French guys here, your current European champion.
Speaker 7: I wanted to make an actor Dark episode about this subject, I'm about to tell.
Speaker 6: You, but I don't have any inspiration enough inspiration to make a whole episode of The After Dark for it, so I've just put it here. The inspiration comes from the recent storylines between seth Rawlins and cmpunk, and I noticed that in WW recently recent memory. You can pitpoint every storyline in the WW right now, all of them. You can make the case for the heel being right and the seth Rowlins the cmpunk case. You can make the case for cmpunk being right, or you can make the case for step seth Rawlins two saying goes with the New Day, you can make the case Biggie.
Speaker 7: Leaving his partners not doing anything for them even though he's been injured. Same for for Bigie, you can make the case for him saying that of course he had to leave with the family and everything else.
Speaker 6: Same with the Bloodline story all of of course, it's presented.
Speaker 3: For Solo being the heal of this situation.
Speaker 6: But let's remind everybody that's Roman Reigns was the one.
Speaker 8: To name literally Solo Sicoa as the next tribal chief. He did this, and solosica is doing nothing but the same methods Roman Reigns did in the previous years, in the previous in the town Ray, he's just doing maybe some more violent stuff and afficted some members in the Bloodline.
Speaker 6: But that's that's maybe the methods of Roman Rain.
Speaker 4: I can name all.
Speaker 7: Of those storylines generacent memory that are birds between good and evil.
Speaker 4: And that's kind of I don't know if it's cool or not, it's just something that I noticed. The same goes with Drumakin the big points. I say, pit points a lot to do today, but he is the big point of this phenomenon. That's it for me this week.
Speaker 2: Guys Alex, first of all, thank you. Second, you bring up a very interesting point that I think needs to be emphasized. Heels are often associated with lying, cheating, and stealing, and not in the endearing way that Eddie Garrow was able to manipulate them in the traditional very unlikable, low quality type of attributes that somebody would have right Lying, cheating, and stealing generally are viewed as bad things again, unless your name is Eddie Guerrero, but for the rest of us here on earth, those are generally who perceived as bad things. However, heels in pro wrestling don't always need to adhere to them in an absolute vacuum right like. It's not in all or nothing and what you're talking about here with the baby faces telling or really the heels telling the truth. It sometimes can be even more frustrating when the heels are telling you something that's true that you don't like, because you can't dispute it without having to lie yourself about the facts that the heel is giving you. Right now, Solo did take the reins no pun intended without Roman saying it's time to do so. Roman didn't retire or say hey, if I lose, you're it. Solo just took it upon himself. That's the difference. But with Mcatyre, who's the perfect, perfect guy to symbolize this concept of telling the truth can be something heels do. That's who you look towards. And then Sampunk two and South Rollins two. I know they're not heels, but you'd argue that Seth may be turning heel. Here you have Drumcatarre who's a perfect iteration of this, giving us exactly what he believes is true and what in some cases is objectively true. Right, And I think that, as I said at the beginning of the show, drum macatire has gone above and beyond now. And I will actually be doing a video on this shortly. I may put it on YouTube as I start to dip my toe into YouTube a little bit more, not just on audio, but video, So stay tuned for more on that. However, I like this right, it's not all about lying. And also on that same vein heels don't always have to cheat to win. It's kind of the same premise, you don't have to cheat to win. Sometimes you're just better, but you're a bad guy or a bad girl, right. I don't mean that in a kind of provocative way. I mean that in the literal sounds like you're just a bad person as a character. I should say, like your character is an evil person. It's an evil as an evil trait. It's very unlikable. Yet they're just simply better that can exist. They're not mutually exclusive. You don't always have to be in a position to cheat to have to win a match. You can just be a bad person and still win a match. That actually, to me, would be more imposing and more effective as a heel because you legitimize yourself as a true threat, Like, hey, this guy is a bad dude, awful, awful person, but you know what, like he can beat you out right with without having to cheat to win. And I think sometimes that's an underutilized concept that WWE needs to implement more, not all the time, but more often, that sometimes heels can tell the truth and can straight out beat baby faces but also be really bad people. I think that's something that needs to be explored a little bit more so. All Right, Well, thank you so much everybody for those emails and voicemails. Again, you can join this party here and go over to Patreon dot com slash ww podcast. You can also call us if you prefer to do so and leave a voicemail that number, by the way, it's five one eight nine to five to two zero two four seven if you want to call us. But email us mailbag at ww podcast dot com if you are interested in joining us on the mailbag side of things. But let's get to the actual card here for Saturday night's main event. My predictions, my thoughts, let's get into it. So let's start with Let's start with Gunther's World Heavyweight Championship. I fully expect Gunser to come out of this with the belt. I don't think there's going to be any major change here, any major shift. I think Gunther retains. He should move on here from Priest and Balor honestly, because Baler and Priest have unfinished business. This is not a one on one. I think that Baler and Priest are going to have a final finale after this match. Gunther will likely pin Finn Balor. I think Finn Balord takes the pinfall here, and that's okay, But Finn Baler and Priest have unfinished business that needs to be resolved to post this match. But this one's going to be fun and I'm looking forward to this one a lot. Even though Gunther should not lose this, there's no need to fool around.
Speaker 3: With that, all right.
Speaker 2: EO Sky versus Live Morgan for the Women's World Championship. Boy, you know, while Live is the favorite, I wouldn't say it's one hundred percent. I would still say Live is about an eighty percent favorite here, you know, because EO Sky was champion what just before WrestleMania or I'm sorry, at WrestleMania she lost to Bailey. So it's been what however many months since April, not time for her to recapture a championship. Obviously that was a different championship on the smack downside. But EO Sky has as of late gotten some pretty good support from the crowd. Yes, she's supposedly Live Morgan, who has been one of the breakout stars of twenty twenty four, having her best year ever in professional wrestling, But EO Sky is also on the rise and showing you how damn good she is in the ring, breaking away from Damage Control. The group I think is I think is dissolved, hopefully never want to hear in that group again. But if it's not, Eo does feel like she's separated and her and Live should have a hell of a match. I expect fully for Raquel Rodriguez to be involved here screwing Eo Sky out of the match. But I'd say it's eighty twenty that Live wins. Vin Owens versus Cody Rhodes for the WWE Championship or the undispeed w W Championship look Winged Eagle Championship or not. I just don't see Cody Roads losing. Kevin Owens continues, It's been the staple of his career to be in a position to be a fun contender, but never a true threat to win the championship. That has has been that's been his mo for how many years now for the top belt. Now he was under speeded champion for a while, right if you remember back in August of GOT eighteen seventeen, something like that where he handed remember triple H pedigreed Rollins and he handed the championship then Spitta Championship to Kevin Owens. But outside of that, man, I mean, Kevin Owens has never been able to be in a position to be a true threat. It's I think part of its timing, and part of it is the company doesn't ever doesn't really view him as the face of the company. They've reviewed Cody Rhods as that. And again, I'll continue to say until the Rock comes back and challenges Cody, there is no chance Cody loses. I'll continue to say that. Now, they could shock the world and have Kevin win. Hell, I'd actually really enjoy that. Kevin's on a fun run right now. He's doing interviews in rental cars and being a funny I guess, not a purposefully funny heel. He's just kind of a comedic guy. He's got great comedic timing, but he's generally a guy that tells the truth. He's kind of on a Drew Mcatarre level, but he's easily unlikable. At the same time, he's also likable if he wants to be fun match, I expect him to try to cheat to win. I expect Cody Rhoades to probably squeak this one out and get a victory unless they want to shock the world, and I would not be opposed to that, but I just don't see it happening. Looking forward, you know, looking into the big picture, we're in WrestleMania season now. I don't foresee them going into WrestleMania thinking Kevin Owens in the main event versus whoever. Just They've never put Kevin in that position or even hinted that they want two. So once again, Kevin's the bride'smaid, not the bride. That's unfortunate here what I believe is going to happen, all right, So the other one is Sammy's ain versus Drew McIntyre. Drew has to win this. He must win this. He must win this match because Drew right now is going deeper and darker into a spiral than anybody thought we could. And we thought we had a fun version of him before. If what I saw on the Busted Open podcast is any indication we are in for a delectable treat of an even darker, more sinister, more selfish character of Drew McIntyre, I can't wait. If this is any indication, So Drew has to win this. Sammy doesn't need this. This is about Drew and putting Drew over. I don't care if he cheats to win, doesn't matter. This is Drew's time, Drew's time again. This is This isn't the biggest match in the history of the company by any means, but it is. It'll signify where they feel Drew might be going in the coming months. So all right, do I expect any big returns? No, this is a C level event. This is not a return event, although maybe that's the reason why they should have a return. I don't foresee that. I don't foresee the Rock coming back. I don't you know, I don't see Roman Reigns on this card. You know, I don't see Soela CoA on this card. So it's kind of a matter of fact, fun wrestling match, uh, wrestling heavy event, And that's the expectation I think we should have going into it, and anything beyond that it'll just be gravy. All right, every buddy, thanks so much for listening. Again. If you want to go add free Patreon dot com. Slash WWE podcast is the place to go. Uh and if you want to go at free also from my other show, The War on Truth, you can do that on the same platforms as Patreon. The War on Truth on Patreon or on Apple podcasts as well, and you can get an ad free experience, not just that, but also at Discords guys Discord Server inside of the w podcast Patreon side if you want to join and chat during the live events. It's always fun to watch you guys battle back and forth and have a good time during those events. So all right, that'll do it for me. I'll be back on the other side of the pl e of this. I guess I want to call it that for Saturday night's main event with all my review and reactions Sunday. So until then, guys, take care and enjoy the event, and I'll see you next time.
Speaker 9: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.