Speaker 1: You're done dropping stuff over there and clearing your throat and do whatever. Yes, okay, yes, oh boy, it's gonna be one of those days.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Finish it off with the.
Speaker 1: The thank you Jackie.
Speaker 3: Apparently that's that's how poison ends, the great love song every rose gots to thorn?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He goes poetry. It is oh man, I mean you'll write him like that? How do you rhyme with? Apparently the folks here's the sad thing about happened yesterday with the courthouse shooting. Apparently the folks that were shot yesterday were at the courthouse to get a protective order against the shooter. It's just are you kidding me? The paper they're printed on? Yeah, No, clearly, no, absolutely clearly. So then she he gets he shoots them, and then he takes off to a huge chase, and luckily for us here in Louisville, he went south and west uh and then ended up in a church parking lot where he shot himself but did not die. He didn't feel safe here. That's why her he didn't feel safe in Louisville.
Speaker 2: I guess he shot himself in the head.
Speaker 1: He did, and then a is he no hemato, I don't know. They they've they've flighted him to UH to the hospital. So on our dime. Yeah, there you go. It's the lead story man from so I got a lead with.
Speaker 3: Him, and I was curious because I don't watch the news, so I was curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened? All right? So this one, this one caught me funny. It probably shouldn't. The headline reads, knew albody funeral home has license suspended after state finds dangerous conditions, dangerous, dangerous for who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, you're right, I know.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the if the was there leading the paint or something. A lot of the guys like they're already dead.
Speaker 3: Creepiest creepiest funeral home story to date, though, is Greg Getcher. When he was a patrolman out in the South End, an alarm went off at a funeral home. Get the dunt dunt dump is the dunt dunt dunt?
Speaker 2: Ready it is?
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, So Greg get your He's a patrolman out Jefferson County Police and they get an alarm at a funeral home. He shows up to investigate, and he sees that the basement window was broken.
Speaker 2: But the weird thing was broken inside out.
Speaker 1: And that's where the ghost it was broken from the inside out. Okay, give me a second, damn it right.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: You know it, man, feels like the oscars going ready. Okay, okay?
Speaker 3: What so Greg gets your shows up to the funeral home. He sees the basement window, and the basement window was broken.
Speaker 2: But what I forgot to mention is yes.
Speaker 3: It was broken from the inside out, not humanity.
Speaker 2: And then a voice said, this is completely unacceptable. That's true.
Speaker 1: The Indiana State Board of Funeral and Cemetery Service has suspended the license of Spring Valley Funeral Home on East Spring Street in New ALBANEY, calling it a clear and immediate danger to public health.
Speaker 3: Can't we just get grades like we do on restaurants on funeral homes? This funeral home is greater at a buh So.
Speaker 1: Here are some of the things that the inspector found. Okay, A strong smell of decomposing and embalming in the embalming room. Light, a candle.
Speaker 2: Whose job was to take.
Speaker 1: The trash out. What now a decent d E C E D e n T decent decent spell it again? Dead body D E C e D E n T dissent A decessent. I mean that's what they're trying to say, right, I like decent, Hey, decesent.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the Have you seen the new dead body down in the basement. No, it's decent.
Speaker 1: Passed away on June seventeenth, but remained unembalmed till June twenty eighth. Oh eleven days.
Speaker 2: Blood wait a mann, whoa, whoa, whoa. That's somebody's mummy.
Speaker 1: Oh damn it. Blood flies and other fluids found on the surfaces of the embalming room.
Speaker 2: I know what the other floods were.
Speaker 1: Six large with this this starts to remind me of the is it around here? This is? This reminds me of that zombie movie mane. It sounded like a blood, sweat and tears cover band. Six large medical waste containers stored in the embalming room. Oh my god, straight from that movie Your Return of Living Dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they knoked Louisville at the end of it.
Speaker 1: Here's the worst part. The former former owner still lives above the funeral Oh coh. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But we went to Dows with a family that owned a funeral home out in the South End.
Speaker 1: Oh, wait, wait, stop, Yeah, the cremated remains of fifteen people were being stored at the facility. All of you died before twenty twenty four. Going on ziplock Baggies, you just lose Go ahead. What happened in the South End?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I went to DAWs. There was a family that owned a.
Speaker 3: Funeral home, the Adams family, and they lived up above the funeral home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, usually the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but could you imagine, you know, you want a mountain dew and you gotta go down to the basement and there's missus Butterworth well Abernathy just laying out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess if you grow up with it knowing that there are ten dead bodies downstairs, you know, when you're watching Seinfeld. I don't know. So the thing is, remember used to say, well they're they're in the funeral business. Then you're like, well, that's never going to go away. People are dying to get in four, is it?
Speaker 3: No, it's what the two recession proof businesses. Yeah, funeral homes and floorst Well, I.
Speaker 1: Think the funeral business is a little different because people aren't people don't have funerals like they used to. Nope, Okay, so I think it's a lot different people are going for the cheapest thing because most people our age now are like, we don't care, And remember Grandma, Grandma's Grandma's different Grandma. Now our parents they're like, oh, yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 2: They're all tattooed Grandma's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're tattooed Grandma's with tramps, and they are Courtney's and Brittany's and they say stuff like hawk too. Yeah, they say hawk toy. Or they yell at you. Instead of yelling at you when you're gonna come over to eat that nice lemon pound cake that she made for you, she goes, when are you bringing my weed over?
Speaker 2: Okay? What I thought that was going in a different direction.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, you are.
Speaker 2: Instead of saying when you gonna come over and eat this meat loaf? I thought she was gonna Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not sure if we're going here or not, but let me get the music here.
Speaker 3: Rugby, you had your please keep this.
Speaker 1: This is the perfect, really perfect soundtrack for Dwight's Kennymine treatments that are supervised by doctors and therapists. Right what happened to you yesterday?
Speaker 2: Street Russell he's my gude.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was yesterday when I went to get my kenemine treatment and reclaim, I went and saw on my journey, I went and all my friend not the legislator, when my friend Kevin Bradcher died and we talked about it on the on the show, Yeah, people called Kevin Bradch and going Kevin, I'm so sorry you're Deady, I'm not dead. I did have a friend named Kevin Bratcher passed away two years ago. I went and saw him, and I went to a hot summer.
Speaker 1: Day and it was a hot summer day.
Speaker 2: It was a hot summer day. It was I guess I was fourteen or fifteen.
Speaker 1: Trying to sound like a Tennessee Williams book. I got ahead.
Speaker 2: I got a hold of a bottle.
Speaker 4: Of the.
Speaker 1: Hold of is this not Tennessee Williams got a hold of bottle of what I got?
Speaker 2: I got a hold of a bottle of one.
Speaker 1: Nine days here we Gonesse Williams. And it's the.
Speaker 3: Middle of the summer, and it was hot. It was about noon, and I remember I was the only one drinking, and I drank and I remember that and talking to him, and then at one point I was in my grandmother's kitchen and this overwhelming, undescribable peace came upon.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's and it's so real.
Speaker 3: And then I go back to my Russell uncle Russell's basement, and then I went back to his hosperous room on his deathbed, and I died as Russell Whitten again.
Speaker 1: Man, And then from say, I didn't continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: At one point I wind up we uh, we live next to Our neighbors were named the Blairs, and Janice Blair was the mother. At some point I wound up at the Blair's house.
Speaker 1: Is that Linda Blair? No witch project?
Speaker 3: Lair witch project? So at one point I wind up in the Blair's house. Nobody's in there but me, but every I'm just looking around. Everything is like it was in the seventies. And then at some point this is not gonna make sense to you all, like none of this makes sense, Okay, But at some point I got really really.
Speaker 2: Kind of scared because I didn't want to experience the color blue.
Speaker 3: I know, well that doesn't make sense, Okay, I know it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: But answer, it's how it is.
Speaker 3: So the color blues starts coming, and he tells me to just go ahead and observe it.
Speaker 2: He tells me just become like a like the sky observes weather. So instead I became the universe. It's it's really it's it's bizarre. Man.
Speaker 1: Well, they say that no memories are accurate that you you remember with your feelings.
Speaker 2: Oh, so listen to this.
Speaker 3: So when I'm over at the Blair's house, I walk outside and on their sidewalk there's a there's.
Speaker 2: A creak rock wall.
Speaker 3: And I don't remember anything about my neighbor's home until yesterday and it started, and so I called my mom and I said, hey, Mom, is this what the Blair's house looked like?
Speaker 2: She goes yeah.
Speaker 3: And I said did they have a creak stone wall? And she goes, yeah, they did at one.
Speaker 2: Point, and then they tore it down.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then they tore it down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now what happens when some the bad happens to you? A lot of times you don't even remember it, or you put in a lock box and it's a way and you'd like you forget that it happened to you, because your brain says, we really can't handle you. Know what happened to you, So we're just gonna hide it from you forever. I guess that's what we're I mean, you're unlocking some of those things, or.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, And I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess Street Russell will coach me through this, because on Fridays we meet and we talk about these. So it's weird because a lot of these memories I'm unlocking, they're not unpleasant memories. They're just memories or joyful memories that I've just forgotten about. And for some reason, I keep going joyful. Yeah, and I keep going back to my grandmother's house every single time I've gone to my grandmother's house.
Speaker 1: Was that a happy place for you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, absolutely? And so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe some, I mean, the unpleasant things haven't been even though when you're going through, like the times I've been frightened, it was frightened in peace at the same time.
Speaker 1: Afraid of the color blue.
Speaker 2: You say, yeah, I don't know what is this.
Speaker 1: It's the theme from the Smurfs.
Speaker 2: Oh no, why would you do this?
Speaker 1: Male?
Speaker 2: You're so mean, not cool man.
Speaker 1: He's a bully. I never watched an episode of this. Smurfs are awesome. Never watched one of them.
Speaker 2: So what do you get done with these?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So here's my thing? Yeah, so did you you went home? You said you were still a little goofy, but you're feeling more at peace this morning. Are you still waking up with that? You always say there's an undercurrent of depression when you wake up, and there's just it's always on underneath. Is that still gone or you still dealing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, that's that's still gone. That's still gone.
Speaker 3: And evidently Susan talked to uh Street Russell, the guy that's taking me through this therapist, and she said, you know what, he's less angry. And I was working que mapp the other day and the computer was screwing up left and right.
Speaker 1: And you usually that just snaps.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's a plethora of cuss words, and.
Speaker 2: I just handled it.
Speaker 1: Are you sleeping better?
Speaker 2: Uh a little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You still work over there? You hate introing Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dude, Why do you continue to put yourself in a situation?
Speaker 2: Every other song?
Speaker 3: Every other song is green day Errolsmith or the Red Hot Chili Peppers singing Keller for.
Speaker 1: Where the least singer was dressed up like a witness. Uh Jehovah's witness. Yeah, and he had a book in his hand and it said, let me tell you about California. Oh god, I guess we're not the only one. No, my god, that's the only ones. But okay, so all right, that's third. It's my third. So I'm halfway through it. Three more to go. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And what's interesting is if you didn't hear the first time I talked about this, I met a mother that was there waiting on her nineteen year old who is going who had a similar thing with his father.
Speaker 2: Happened to him.
Speaker 3: So he's going through it, and I'm keeping in touch with him and the mother, and it looks like their journey is going wrong along really well, efect.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's something else.
Speaker 1: Man, did you say nipple?
Speaker 3: And you know what ripple? And here's the thing. No, it's okay, David Beckham. And here's another thing. Is Street Russell, this therapist. You could tell the guy anything and he's non judgmental. I was telling him, how you know, there's two guys I work with and I like to pee in their coffee and I get enjoyment watching when they drink their coffee on the air and it helps huh spin not you two, no two other radio partners. Oh yeah, yeah, but he was not judgmental. Yeah, oh no, no, no, not you out here. Oh by the way, here's your coffee.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You don't get to be street by being judgmental.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's right, right.
Speaker 1: Let's do this joke to jewel.
Speaker 3: Okay, is August twentieth, alright, and this comes from a listener.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, on that Sweeney.
Speaker 3: You might know her from a she had an adult a male dance troupe called Sweeney's Weenies.
Speaker 1: No, she did, she.
Speaker 3: Could though, Thanks for listening on that Sweeney. And if you want to use my Sweeney's Weenies joke or it's not a bad that's not bad at all. It'd be good. Yeah, ladies, please welcome to the stage. Sweety's Weenies.
Speaker 2: Alright, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Joke there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the job.
Speaker 1: Thank you for trying.
Speaker 3: That's not cool, man, you know what you think of those of my confidence going in to tell the joke of the day.
Speaker 2: Plus, you're not just my joke, it's Sweeney's Weenies joke.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, I mean yes, all right, there we go.
Speaker 3: Hey, well, yes, yeah, there's a millionaire and he's he's riding.
Speaker 2: You know how millionaires they are like to ride in their limousine.
Speaker 1: Joke ridden, should we change it to billionaire?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know what, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Take two, hey fellas, Hey man, So there's this billionaire and he's riding his limousine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's back there doing billionaire.
Speaker 1: Stuff, you know, counting money.
Speaker 3: He looks out the window and he sees these two guys on the ground.
Speaker 2: Looks like they're looking for something.
Speaker 3: He's stopped the limo, right, oh, he wants to help Jeeves, the guy naming.
Speaker 1: Jeeves jeezus, pretty stopped a limo, pretty common.
Speaker 3: So he stops the limo and the billionaire gets out. He walks over to the guys. As he is, he starts to get closer. He knows, wait a minute, they're not looking for something, playing leapfrog. They're eating this grass, right, they're eating the grass?
Speaker 1: Actually makes up?
Speaker 3: No, No, he's curious. He goes, hey, hey, hey, what you know what he says? What he says, what's the meaning of this? That's what he says. And they look up and they said well, what do you mean, mister billionaire And he says, what what are you doing this ship? First guy goes, well, I lost my job down at old mc mcdoal's meal, and then, you know, all we depended on at mcdal's meal was our Pennis little Measley salary got we could barely make eat men's eat eat me.
Speaker 1: Want to start this over again?
Speaker 2: We can.
Speaker 3: Salary that's gone away, and we're forced to eat grass is what we got to do. The second guy goes. Second guy goes, yeah, that same with me. I lost my job down at the paving place where we would go and we would pave these roads, you seeing, it was all that we could do get by, and now without that salary, starving to death and we were forced to eat the grass. Billionaire he says, no, no, no, listen, get in my limo.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take you to my.
Speaker 1: Home and whisky, oh you want.
Speaker 3: That's when the first guy goes, you know, I couldn't possibly do that. You see, I got a wife over there and four kids. I gotta feed them too. I couldn't possibly do You don't get the whole family get in a limo now, So god does he looks at the second one.
Speaker 2: He goes, come get in my limo. I'm gonna feed you.
Speaker 3: He goes, no, no, no, I cut, There's no way I could. I've got a wife, eight kids. Put this burden on you, even a billionaire. He goes, no, I won't hear of it. Get it in my limo right now. He goes, and get I won't hear of it. That's what he said.
Speaker 2: That what they.
Speaker 1: Say, what's the meaning of this? And I won't.
Speaker 2: I don't hear of it.
Speaker 3: So they get in a limo the grass eaters do, and they start riding back to the billionaire's home. That's when both of the grass eating guys start crying.
Speaker 2: They go, billionaire, you have no idea how much this means to us. Guys like you never help out guys like us. Thank you so much. We're probably gonna eat.
Speaker 3: It's when the billionaire goes, listen, no, no, no, no, no, no, it's my pleasure. When we'll get to my house, I want you have all that, you can have, all your fill Just eat as much as you want. You're gonna love my house. The grass is actually three feet tall, though.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the joker of the day. August twenty of twenty twenty four. Back after this, but first Vision First I Care. Go to Vision firstiicare dot com, make an appointment, You get the exam with the I mean it's like an MRI MRI of your eyeballs, and then you go see a doctor five minutes later, and then doctor hands you off to the folks that are experts at picking out the frames. They'll have two or three people there waiting on you and thousands of frames you can choose from and put them on as you do it right. So that's one, two three, all about an hour. It's at Vision firstiicare dot com. Make the appointment, get glasses. If you're six months old or sixty, they'll take care of you at Vision FIRSTI Care dot Com. Back after this. Eighteen locations by the way around town. Back after this. On news radio forty w h as.
Speaker 3: Dan Schwartzman time, he's the dannyst sportsman of them all.
Speaker 1: Is the only one you know, actually you are, It was Paul Schwartzman. No relation, he's a billionaire. I'm not no relation at all. No, he doesn't even spell the name serectly.
Speaker 2: He may want to do some digging on that one. If I can get on that will Yeah, you got to.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll take a tenth of his wealth, not anything, really, I'll take his personal car collection and that's gonna be whatever.
Speaker 1: Sure, a car in the car collection, Danny, don't be selfish. I'm not gonna be too greedy. Guys. Sorry, you wanted a whole damn thing. It was like by all means, Danny smelled differently. Swortsmen, grab whatever you want. I feel slighted by him. All right, Uncle Paul, come on, look, you never know that side of the family might have been so ashamed of your side of the family they changed the spelling. Yeah, no, right, you know that they know my family.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess right, right.
Speaker 1: What's what I'm saying here, that's what you got ours of Eastern Europe. You got to dig into this thing, okay, all right, all right, Well let's talk market. It was we ended the day up a couple one hundred points, but now we're looking a little flat here as we go to the open.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the future is not good. We've had what eight three days of games. I mean, numbers were good last week, it was tremendous. Yesterday was a very good day as well. But right now, the Dow and the S ANDP down a tenth to one percent. The NASDAK was down two tens to one percent as markets have opened. Now, let me give you some of the news that's going around home improvement Giant lows lowered. It's full of your guidance as consumers continue to forego big purchases and home renovations. Unless you're Dwight, the retailer now expects comparable sales to fall anywhere from three and a half to four percent, after originally forecasting a decline that two to three percent. Lows All reported second quarter net sales missed estimates. Don't forget guys. Last week rival home depot cut. It's full of your guidance as well. You want about home prices, do you, guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, look, all right, here we go.
Speaker 4: According to the Redfinn Home Price Index, prices ticked up two tenths of a percent in July. Year over year, prices are up just under seven percent. By the way, that's the lowest annual increase recorded since January. Price growth has slowed though recently due to not enough sellers listing homes and there just aren't enough buyers to create competition to drive up prices significantly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Usually yeah, yeah, well, I mean you look at that. It is cause you go, I don't know if you're hole in your in the market for buying homes or not, but we just look because it's fun to do it. And you're just like that house went for six twenty five. You're just like what what mean? Like what's on the inside. We drive around, we look at houses where they are what it is. We we look at houses on railroad tracks, like five feet from a railroad track and a bar on the other side. It was like, oh, that's seven hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. You're like, what why not?
Speaker 2: Well worth it? Guys?
Speaker 1: If you can stagger home. And by the way, you got a ride right there on the train.
Speaker 2: You know, we hobo.
Speaker 1: You're always looking for the silver lining, Danny. That's why I like you, exactly right. I'm always a positive person, my friend.
Speaker 4: I'll live by a railroad track in a bar any day, my friend.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the news Radio eight forty w A s. Bloomberg Money Minute. Robert plants his birthday to day, Burning.
Speaker 2: Down One Side was my favorite song. He did solo.
Speaker 1: He's seventy six today.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought it would have been a little bit older.
Speaker 1: Me too. I think he's lying.
Speaker 2: He might be.
Speaker 1: He was as down to earth as of rock god as you can get, because he was rock god ish, right, So yeah, okay, But when he came to Louisville in the nineties, he went to Phoenixvill tavern, had a beer and sat at the bar. It's like Robert Plant is sitting at the bar Phoenixvill Tavern. I believe the bartenders still have the two beer bottles. Our friend Greg, who passed away unfortunately, was there. Oh right, I'm serving Robbert Plant a beer. Yeah, I mean he's just sitting there. And we took listeners back there. I don't even know where they played, which was louill Gardens or so was the Palace? I think it was the Palace? Yeah, and uh they we took listeners back there and he talked to them like her neighbor or something. But then later in life has he become a little not aloof But I.
Speaker 3: Think he's become even more regular guy, to tell you the truth. Yeah, because he's done these two records with Alison Kraus, and the first one.
Speaker 1: Can he still sing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: The first one they did Texas t Bow and Burnett produced, and they wound up playing on I saw him at the Palace, actually had front row.
Speaker 1: Is he one of those militant guys, I'm only playing the new stuff?
Speaker 2: Or does he play so he plays Zeppelin?
Speaker 3: And that's what I arned to stand is because he he won't do the reunion. But he told Jason Bonham, he said, look, because they did the one reunion at O two or I forgot I think he had twenty two million ticket requests something bizil I mean he was astonishing the number. But they did that, And then Jason Bonham, John Bottom's kid, thought is this going to happen? And Robert Plant said, no, I'm sorry. Without without your father, it's not the same thing. But he'll do He'll do a couple of Zeppelin tunes.
Speaker 1: Uh on his show Tennessee what Ernie Ford, what did you say, Texas T Bone Burnette, Texas, Sorry, Texas, Texas, Texas. I want to see Texas t like, get out of music and go put in a regular application. Yeah. So they did the higher Mans like all right, Uh, Texas t Bone No.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no, here's how it goes.
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh, mister Burnett, Oh no no, no, no no, call me Texas T Bone by all mean, what.
Speaker 1: Kind of skill set do you have, Texas T.
Speaker 3: Burn Well, do you ever have a steak eating contest? And what what.
Speaker 4: You are?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No, he's not all right? So you have some like goodbye or sad music or anything goodbye goodbye music? Oh, I forgot about that one. Here we go. People on the podcast are now wondering what it's.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's bye bye, bye bye bye. All right, I never I never know. It's this in Snaker Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 1: Star Trek, Star Wars, it's in sync sync spilled, I n excess.
Speaker 2: That's what I had Timberlake in all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's very talented.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the bad boy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah, dark haired guy. I thought you were a lance bass guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the.
Speaker 1: Obviously Timberlake is the most successful all of them, but Bass has kept himself relevant.
Speaker 2: It's a hell of a fisherman.
Speaker 1: That's not true. He is put fifty cents in the jar?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I can't get by with that on this show. You want to try that on Terry Minors Show or on Tony Cruz Show. Go ahead, but here this show, you're gonna find fifty cents? Damn? Is that fair enough?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Jen X, do you want another one? You want another one? Yes? Yes? So all right gen X. That's that's us. That is us, best generation ever ever, second best sixty five. We're not done yet. By the way, aliens might attack and we might have to save the earth.
Speaker 2: There's no way he get to you.
Speaker 1: There might be alien Nazis coming this way. We will have to save and we'll have There's gonna be a Utah beach somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. All right, so.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixty five to nineteen eighties Generation X, and you're gonna be very sad because Gen X names that are going the way of the Dodo extinct. These names are now not These names are not being named by their little parents to their babies. Okay, okay, So they're going away. You ready for the list? Yes, say goodbye to Donna? No Donna? No what else rhymes with do you wanna Donna? Do you wanna Donna? Is solid?
Speaker 2: You know what? Mite?
Speaker 1: Donna's a Marrian girl tied. Donna's Rusty's wife.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, do you know who Mitch Whitten is married to Donna.
Speaker 2: Donna Whitten Witt.
Speaker 1: What a lucky, lucky girl. You know what Donna does. She bakes, Mitch, Oh, Donna bakes.
Speaker 2: Donna does everything. She bakes. She's a rock star.
Speaker 1: She drops off muffins. You feel better? Yeah, you ready? Say goodbye, Say goodbye, bye bye to Tracy is gone. What's over Tracy anymore?
Speaker 3: Tracy with a wire, Tracy with an eye? E y, okay, Tracy with an eye is way easier as.
Speaker 1: Long as you put it hard over the eye. You're okay, stop it. You can't see that. When I'm drinking coffee, I'm gonna spit it all over the boards. I've dated a Donna and a Tracy. I'm gonna say how many I've gone through here? Tracy? All right, say goodbye, Say goodbye to Cheryl Cheryl Cheryl married to Darryl. Cheryl Cheryl was married, got two kids. Just can't seem the right Find the next white guy cuts hair? Yeah, oh yeah yeah. Or she's the accountant at the business that you work at, works at the bank, and she put a couple of pounds on but she still looks pretty good. She looks still looks good.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that fluorescent lighting just hit her just right.
Speaker 1: She's got a couple of cats, and her two kids are now grown. But she's a huge fan of a sports teammate in the.
Speaker 2: Yeah she does.
Speaker 3: You see some tickets you talk about looking at her desk. She has the muss little troll doll with the jerseys. She's got all that pizazz.
Speaker 1: She's in love with a sailor. Once in a while, when you go to your boss and say what do I do with this overtime and go, I don't know, go talk to.
Speaker 2: Cheryl run dog exactly. Sometimes in hr she doubles an hr uh.
Speaker 1: The people from Breakfast Club are gonna hate this. Next name, say goodbye, yes to Claire, Claire, Claire is gone. I like that Claire, Okay, but you can't do this out this next one, Okay, because I'm gonna guess mister south End Dwight Witten hooked up with a couple of these. Connie's Connie, Donnie, say goodbye to Tanya, Tanya is gone.
Speaker 3: Tanya's are some of the hottest women out there.
Speaker 1: Tanya No, Tanya's no, but no, Baby's name Tan. They all smoke.
Speaker 2: Put the can down Tanya.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't. I didn't date a Claire or a Tanya. You better come get this girl. As far as I remember, I told.
Speaker 2: You she's gonna end up, didn't I.
Speaker 1: Here's here's two. Okay, man, what is America gonna do without Beverly Beverly Beverly Bev Bev? Yeah, nobody calls BEV. That one's been gone for a while. Yeah, I think you're right. Here's another one.
Speaker 3: Dawn ohn I made sweet sweet love.
Speaker 1: Stop you're talking about the crack of dawn stopping. Dons were always pretty. I never met an ugly dawn.
Speaker 2: That's how Tony Orlando died.
Speaker 1: Did you ever meet an ugly don? Tony Orlando is still alive, did you?
Speaker 3: Tony Orlando's dead? He suffocated. They found him at the brock of Don David.
Speaker 1: I have not no Don's. That's Marianne from Gilligan's Island. Don is pretty. Don is pretty. She's always pretty.
Speaker 2: I remember one Derby Eve.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Central Avenue, and I ran into down and we rent in.
Speaker 1: A hotel Central Avenue. Would you rent in a hotel when you can have sex in the center of Central Avenue on Derby Day.
Speaker 2: Well we were don was more dignified than that.
Speaker 3: She said, take me to one of these motel hotels Dixie.
Speaker 1: Highway, the ones you get from by the hour.
Speaker 3: And that's what we did. And we made sweet sweet love a right and then watch scrooged.
Speaker 1: This next girl was the girl that before puberty hit used to beat you up on the playground, but then later in life kind of liked you a little bit. In high school, Yeah, Denise, Denise, she's tough. Yeah, Denise was always tough. Denise was always maybe the catcher on the softball team. Uh, and he was always always tough, ready to play football.
Speaker 2: The brother was the nephew. Stop it, he's so stupid, Denise, and nephew.
Speaker 1: Denise, say goodbye to Denise.
Speaker 2: Please tell me Carolyn's not on there.
Speaker 1: I know that's it. I'm gonna stop with the girls names. I didn't even get to the boys' names one bye bye bye bye boum bound. We can get to those later. Yes, we'll do that later.
Speaker 3: All of those said names are welcome to my Southern covered hot tub whenever you want. Susan and I we were in our Southern covered hot tub. Just last night she was out walking the district campaigning. I had her when she came home. We got a couple of when we got a couple, got a couple of tequilas and listen to the smooth, suntry sounds of the seventies.
Speaker 2: Baby, We went.
Speaker 3: A way to reconnect with the ones you love. You got it with your Southern covered hot tub. Think you can't afford one, oh contrare bonjoor, thank again. Sixty five dollars a month. That's right, the hot tubs. It's sixty five dollars a month of the starting point. Plus you can even get a twelve person hot tub. You're gonna love your Southern covered hot tub. Seventy five oh one Preston Highway.
Speaker 1: I heard somebody got their truck fixed to Tony's Breaking alignment just to move one of their hot TEBs. Yeah, Southern cover top will do it to themselves. But if you want to move it yourself in the truck you got fixed.
Speaker 3: By deliveries included in the prize, But go to Tony's Breaking Alignment. Finally, a place that you could trust when it comes to maintenance or prevent a maintenance on your vehicle.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal.
Speaker 3: What's the last time you had technicians work on your vehicle and you could breathe a cyber relief because you trusted them. Folks, you got it. Tony's Breaking Alignment. Family owned and operated. They put pride in every job they do, so much pride. They're not going to give you just a warranty. Oh no, no, you'll get a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty on every single job they do. Put your mind to rest. Go with Louisville's best and that's Tony's Break and Align.
Speaker 1: How gonna eat two things from you? Dave for the day is out, okay, Delta Dawn built. And the second one is I don't know who did it, but I'm sorry. I didn't promise you a rose Garden. Who was that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I beg your pardon. I never promised you a rose.
Speaker 2: Laurie Jones checking out on social media.
Speaker 3: She's listening in New York Center Baby
Speaker 1: Back after This on news radio eight forty w h A s