Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JRIR, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers.
Speaker 1: Are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, rock News has brought you by our Tuesday ticket takeover on the JRR Instagram at one o one w JRR.
Speaker 3: You might be slightly interested in what we got cooking this morning.
Speaker 1: That'd be a four day passes for Welcome to Rockville.
Speaker 2: You'll see a clinger's post. Just do as instructed, take you all of about twenty seconds. Everybody who does will be in the running to grab those four day passes.
Speaker 1: And I always like to point out that our promotions team picks multiple winners on these Tuesday ticket takeovers. So just take you a few seconds. You and a buddy could be going hot.
Speaker 2: Rumor of the last twenty four hours this got started yesterday afternoon when an advertisement briefly appeared online for an ac DC concert at us Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, scheduled for April eleventh, twenty twenty five, tickets to go on sale Friday.
Speaker 1: I left in that to that news from pattis More and said, WHOA.
Speaker 2: Then no sooner had the ad been up, it puff it's gone. So obviously a lot of ACDC fans, myself included, are assuming the band has plans to come here to North America in twenty twenty five. It sounds like those plans may be true. In fact, literally, at any minute, these dates might appear. Now the hot rumors there's not gonna be a whole lot of them, and they're gonna be big, big, big shows.
Speaker 1: So I don't think I've seen ACDC since we did that meet and greet with the listeners.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was one of the most embarrassing moments I've ever had at a meet and greet.
Speaker 3: What do you mean it was legendary?
Speaker 2: You ran Malcolm and Angus off because you accosted them.
Speaker 1: No, I who was a little gassy if you recall, And yes, they did not appreciate, said guy.
Speaker 3: But they were totally cool. Welcome rest in peace, Yes, rest in peace.
Speaker 1: And Brian Johnson was totally cool, and they were all gracious with our listeners.
Speaker 2: All right, so yeah, let's do a little thinking here, really big shows.
Speaker 3: I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, You're treading waters that I cannot.
Speaker 2: Big guy upstairs, I don't ask for a whole lot.
Speaker 3: He's back.
Speaker 1: He asked for something last week.
Speaker 3: God, is there a way.
Speaker 2: You could pick one of four nights in I don't know May and point those guys towards Central Florida. Thank you. Another ACDC news their drummer Phil Rudd, remember who wasn't present when the band played that West Coast show last October in California's Power Trip Festival. He popped up over the weekend with some party band in New Zealand and jumped on drums as they did their version of TNT. He says he'll be rejoining the band soon.
Speaker 1: This is all starting to make a lot of sense, sake, just weaving all together.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys again, this info true or not, something's to it and I'm sure sooner rather than later, as in this week, maybe even today, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get details, So stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Paul Deano's cause of death has been revealed. The former Iron Maiden singer passed away at the age of sixty six. Had a tear in the sack around the hearts and blood had filled inside from the main aora artery and that caused his heart to stop. His death was instantaneous, and I believe to be pains well.
Speaker 1: I mean, if there's a golden you know, lining, at least it was painless. Tornsack.
Speaker 2: The Gallagher brothers are getting some news music wise here. Liam Gallagher is assuring skeptics that Oasis would quote wipe the floor with most other bands on their worst day. Okay, it's coming from a band who really hasn't been a band for quite some time. At this point, he's basically saying, look, yeah, we've been sidelined for a while, but we're gonna get back out there and.
Speaker 3: Smoke you fools.
Speaker 1: Settle down, Liam, settle down, don't get cocky on us.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, brother Noel has created a six hour version of one of their longest songs, Champagne Supernova.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I think I'd end things if I had to listen to that.
Speaker 2: It's for a ambient it's an ambient ambient mixed track for a new exhibit at London's National Portrait Gallery, so that I guess will be playing throughout the day.
Speaker 1: When you go in, you're just gonna walk in there and all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden and was Champagne Supernova.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna walk in and go oh, You're gonna there's gonna be people laying all over the floor sleeping.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to The Cure earning their first number one album in thirty two years in the UK with their latest release, Songs of a Lost World. It's the band's fourteenth studio album, their first LPN over sixteen years, following twenty eight to four thirteen Dream, and they're first to land at number one in the UK since nineteen ninety two's Wish.
Speaker 1: I Like The Cure missed them. When they were in concert reacently.
Speaker 2: Sting was asking an interview, Hey, uh, do you feel like every breath you take from Synchronicity back in eighty three, the tune that was sampled for Diddies I'll Be Missing You back in ninety seven?
Speaker 3: Has that now been tainted? No, I it better not have.
Speaker 2: I guess what the interview trying to get at or people want to hear that now whichever version of it is gonna go oh, I've never thought of that. Sting seems to concur okays like, no, that's our song. This is you know, happen to be you know, New Life With that version and has ever since. But that's still our song.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Please don't equate the police with these freak golf parties unless it's the actual police, the real one.
Speaker 2: Slayer fans have quite the reputation. Some might say some Slayer fans are ruthless. I've seen some crazy stuff at Slayer show. Yeah, definitely, I think the most I think the most Slayer Slayer ish h fan attribute is attribute is when sometimes they'll just cross their arms and turn their back to an opening act as a group, which is.
Speaker 3: That's pretty ruthless. I wish they do it to Oasis.
Speaker 2: I don't think you ever have to worry about Oasis and Slayer. And the same Bill Gary Holtz, who of course joined Slayer after the death of Jeff Hanneman, was asked, hey, with their reputation the fans, did you get any heat from them stepping in as a new guy even though you were filling you know, obvious big shoes, And he said there was only two times in the last fourteen years he was ever heckled. Really yeah, during perform which is pretty cool. He would figure a lot more. Yeah, he says, that's a pretty good track record. I agree, especially with those fans, as you pointed out. And finally some popa Roach News, POPA Roach and Rise Against have announced Rise of the Roach twenty twenty five tour here in the United States next year. There'll be two four to date October fourth in Tampa, October fifth and West Palm Beach. Those tickets will be going on sale. Where's the date? I have the date for this somewhere. I think Thursday, Thursday, I believe.
Speaker 1: Come on, Jakobe throw Oh it's the show.
Speaker 3: Well, was close enough, I guess your roadshow.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, a little bit of rock news. We keep our fingers crossed with the ac DC announcements
Speaker 3: On a one one w j r R, Orlando's rock station.