Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program.
Speaker 1: Wor's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome to boost your brain power. I'm your host, doctor Eric Kaplan. So one of ways to boost your brain power is to lose weight. So people who have obesity excessive fact, their brains aren't going to function properly. If you have diabetes, that makes you more likely to get Alzheimer's or dementia. In fact, they're thinking about changing the name of Alzheimer's disease to diabetes type three. So what does that mean If we want our brain to function best. At the same time lose weight, we have to make sure we prevent diabetes. So we want to we don't want to have a lot of sugar. You really have to limit your sugar. Sugar is addictive. In fact, sugar is more addictive than cocaine. They did research with these rats and they gave them cocaine, so they got addicted to it. Then they gave them sugar, so they got addicted to that. Then they gave these rats a choice. They can only choose one, the sugar or the cocaine, because whenever they chose, the door would close and guess what. They chose the sugar over the cocaine. Sugar is literally more addictive than cocaine. So we have to stay away from sugar. And sugar is everywhere. Sugar is in bread, it's not just the cookies and the cake and the candy. It's in juice, it's in soda, it's in your coffee, it's in your tea, it's your food, it's in when you go to restaurants, it's in your sauces, your ketchups, your you know, sugar is everywhere, and don't eat anything that's sugar free. So you don't want to eat sugar, But you also don't want to eat sugar free because if it's sugar free, they're just replacing it with some artificial sweeteners such as aspartain, which leads to cancer as well as inflammatory diseases such as heart disease and Alzheimer's cancer. We want to really stay away from sugar and from all the sugar replacements. Now, another easy thing to help you lose weight is to just eat one ingredient foods. So eat lots of fruits and veggies, Eat your nuts, eat your seeds, Eat your fish and your eggs, and your chicken and your turkey and your you know, pork, and your steak. But stay away from the bread because that's got ten ingredients. Stay away from anything in boxes, in cans, in bags, so it's got more than one ingredient. We want to stay away from it. Only get things that have one ingredient, fresh, real food. If you've got to stay away from the processed foods, that literally leads to weight gain. And that's all the stuff that you're gonna find in the middle of the supermarket, in all the aisles where everything's packaged and it could be there for a long time. I don't want food that could last a long time. Then it's not real. Then it's got a lot of chemicals or preservatives or whatever it may be. I want food that's gonna mold in a few days, then I know it's real. So stay away from the processed foods, stay away from the fast foods, stay away from takeout. They also use the worst oils. Right, they're not using olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil. They're not cooking with beef tallow they're cooking with corn oil, canola oil, sapflour oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil, vegetable oil. These are the worst things to put in your body. So we want to stay away from the sugar. We want to stay away from sugar free. We want to stay away from gluten, which is all the grains. But we also want to stay away from gluten free. That's gonna have too many ingredients, all right, So never buy anything that's sugar free, fat free, gluten free, dairy free. Look at the ingredients. It's full of a crap, right, we want one ingredient food. If you want to lose weight, don't eat anything that's processed, packaged. Don't eat anything with PiZZ cervative's, food, dies, chemicals, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors. If there's stuff in the ingredients that you don't recognize, do not eat it. If there's stuff that you can't pronounce, do not eat it. If it's not even words, but they're letters and numbers, like oh, this is PG Number fourteen, It's like, hmmm, I don't think that's a real food, right, So you got to stay away from all this faked processed food. If you want to stay at a healthy weight, eat one ingredient food. Okay. Now, Also we want to stay away from coffee, and usually coffee is boiled sugar and milk and all this other crap. Besides causing anxiety, heart palpitation, sleeping difficulties, fatigue, low energy, it's also going to prevent you from losing weight. So try and switch out that coffee for a green tea, unshed sweetened green tea. Green teas properties that have been proven through the scientific community to help with weight loss. And so stay away from the coffee, Stay away from the Starbucks, dunkin Donuts. Don't make your own coffee with an aluminum pot, you know, and the cups in the Starbucks and the cups in the dunkin Donuts. When you put the hot water in it, that the hot liquid takes those chemicals out of the cup, and then you end up drinking the chemicals from the cup, which are toxic and poisonous to our bodies. So not only is it bad or weight loss, but it's also bad for chemical exposure and can lead to cancer and other stuff like that. Now, another easy way to lose weight is to supplement with probiotics. Most people who have difficulty losing weight have bad gut micro biome because they've either taken antibiotics, or they've taken an acids, toms, roll ads, or they've taken you know, anti bacterial lotions, antibacterial sprays, anti bacterial soaps. All this antibacterial stuff kills off all the good bacteria. So I'm not an antibacterial person. I'm a pro biotic person. I don't want antibiotics because that ruins our gut microbiome. That's going to cause you to gain more weight. I want to take probiotics that's gonna help me to lose weight. And when you take probiotics, don't get it from yogurt because dairy is no good for weight loss. So you want to get it from a supplement I like Claire Laboratories, and make sure every two months you switch your probiotics because you want to keep taking the same probiotic over and over and over again. Now, another obvious thing that you need to do to lose weight exercise, and you got to do cardio as well as weight resistant exercise. Start off by doing a hit high intensity interval training. That means, let's say if you're walking on a track, you walk where it curves, and then once you get to the straight away, then you sprint. So the next curve, then you walk the curve, then you sprint the straight away, walk the curve, sprint the straight away. So one lap is about a quarter of a mile on a track. So if you're not used to it, just start off. One day. You could do one lap around the track where you run during the straightaway, walk during the curve, run the straight away, walk the curve. It will literally just take a couple of minutes there. So the second day you do two laps, third day you do three laps. So if you're not already into the cardial that's a good way to work work into it. Just start one lap on the track, just a quarter of a mile, so first day a quarter of a mile, second day a half a mile, third day three quarters of a mile, fourth day a mile, fifth pay two miles, you know, and so on and so forth, three miles, four miles, and you keep on increasing it gradually. You don't have to do it fast, just gradually. That's your cardiot when or you don't like to run, get a bicycle and do the bike, or get you know, play some sports, basketball or soccer, do some rollerblading. I don't care what it is, rowing, swimming, but just do something to get your heart beaten a little fast, get your body sweating. That means you're getting some good work out there. And also don't forget to do the weights. Weights actually help you to lose weight. So instead of you don't want to lose muscle, you want to lose fat. Now, these drugs that everyone's taking, the o zempic, ozempic will actually when you lose weight, eighty percent of the weight loss comes from muscle mass loss and only twenty percent comes from fat loss. If you do it the way I'm teaching you, through proper brain nutrition exercise, you're gonna lose eighty percent fat and only twenty percent muscle. So when you take those medications such as ozembic, by these diabetes medication, you're losing muscle, and the muscle controls your heart, so your heart's gonna become weaker, controls your gut. Your gut's gonna become weaker, so it's not worth taking the medicine. Just listen to what I'm saying, and you'll lose the weight naturally and more effectively in a healthy way. You gotta get good sleep. You gotta go to bed early. I had a patient. We used to go to bed at one am in the morning. The only thing I had her do was go from She did a graduate but she went from twelve to eleven to ten once she started going to bed by ten pm. Because the most important time of the hour or two before midnight. That's when you're gonna break down that fat. You're gonna lose the weight that you need. So this lady actually lost it was something like twenty thirty pounds just in three months, just by going to bed earlier. So sleep is very important. Add protein to your diet. We gotta have less carbs, more protein. Meal prep. You gotta be prepared. If you're starving, then you're gonna go out and eat some fast food or some junk food or some snacks. So you got a meal prep. Whether it's Sunday night, you know, maybe meal prep twice a week, Sunday night, Wednesday night. So you got all your snacks, all your foods, all your meals. Plan because when you don't have a good plan and you end up eating the bad food. When I go to a party, I eat before I go to the party, so I got a prep that way, I'm not so hungry I'm gonna eat all this bad food. Another good way to lose weight is intermittent fasting. And what you do with intermittent flast thing is you only eat from ten am to six pm. Those are eight hours. You're eating for eight hours and then you're fasting for sixteen hours, and make sure you don't eat at night, so you want to be done by six pm, so that if you go to better ten you have four hours before your last meal and bedtime. That's intermittent fasting, but making sure you end early so you can lose weight and you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six one two one five zero or email info at Kaplin Brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplin, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boosh your brain power. One of the most common questions I get every single day is doctor Caplan, how can I lose weight? And that is very important for people's health and for their confidence of themselves, for their way they look, the way they carry themselves, but also to prevent obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's disease. So losing weight is good esthetically, but even more importantly, it's good for the health of your rain and your body. Now, there are lots of ways to lose weight, but one of the most important ways is to lose your stress decrease your stress levels. When people at increase stress, that means their cortisol levels are gonna be high. Cortisol is the stress hormal, and when your cortisol levels are high, that's literally going to deposit belly fat. So if you want to lose that belly fat, you got to reduce your cortisol. You got to reduce your stress. I go on lots of vacations every year. I take about twelve vacations a year. And when I go on vacation, I usually don't eat as healthy, right because I don't have all my food in my kitchen. So a lot of times we'll eat out, you know, we'll eat process foods. We'll eat take aub, you know, we'll go to restaurants and swim by, get that non organic and have somebod these bed oil. So it's not, you know, like we eat as healthy when we're on vacation as we do at home. However, typically I end up losing weight on vacation, not because I'm eating worse food, but because I'm in less stress. So when I'm home, right, I have two offices, I got two radio shows, I got two newspaper columns, I got two kids, I got my wife, I got my parents, I got my brothers and nephews and nieces. I got my staff, my employees, I got my patients. I have a lot of responsibilities, so I'm always, you know, always on the go trying to help people and save the world and heal the patients. But that's a lot of stress. You know, when I go on vacation, right and I take a little break, I'm not writing my newspaper, cal I'm not doing my radio show. I'm not taking care of the patients. I'm not taking care of my staff. I take time off off, and that intensely is my stress levels. That's why I end up losing a lot of weight. So the less stress you have, the easier it is to lose weight. The more stress you have, the harder it is to lose weight. So we got to decrease stress. Now, there are lots of natural ways to decrease stress. The best way is through what's called your autonomic nervous system to get you out of this fighter flight mode into a more calm, relax date, which we call the rest and digest. To get out of the fight or flight mode, there are a lot of exercises you could do on your own. For example, gargling really intensely, so every morning when you wake up, gargle as loud as you can. Every time you're in the shower, gurgle really loud. Shoot for the ceiling right before bed, after you brush your teeth. Gargle water really loud. Stimulate your vagus nerve, and the vagus nerve can reduce stress levels. Cold water on your face will reduce stress levels. Every morning, wake up, splash your face with cold water. Every evening, right before bed, Splash your face with cold water at the end of your shower. End in cold water, let it go on your face. That makes you more resilient. It brings down your stress levels, and it will help you to lose weight for your autonomic and nervy system dysfunction. And one other easy way to reduce stress is just drawing figure eights or like the infinity symbol with your arm, keeping it straight, moving over the middle of your body. So you just draw thirty seconds of infinities three times a day. That reduces anxiety. That reduces stress. So those are three neurologic exercises you could do. Gargling, cold water on the face and drawing the infinities that are going to actively reduce your stress levels. Another way to reduce your stress levels is to do mindfulness. Practicing mindfulness. Mindfulness is when you think of one thing at a time. So, for example, let's say you're eating dinner. Don't be watching TV. Don't be reading the newspaper, don't be scrolling on Facebook or YouTube. Be in the moment of eating. And to lose weight. What you want to do A couple of things you could do. Number one, eat with chopsticks. So instead of eating with a fork and a knife, eat with chopsticks. That means you're going to eat smaller bites, smaller portions. And when you put the food in your mouth, I want you to chew for thirty five times and every time you chew, feel the texture, feel a taste it, look at the food, Smell the food. That's practicing mindfulness, where you're focused on the meal, not on something else. Not watching TV while you're eating, all right, So focus on eating and eating only. That's practice mindfulness. When you're at the gym, just be doing jim. Don't be checking your text messages. When you're at work, be at work. Don't be looking through social media. Don't be making personal phone calls. That's practicing mindfulness. So when you're to Jim, you're only focused at the gym. When you're eating, you're only focused on eating. When you're at work, you're only focused at work. When you're talking to a loved one or spouse, you're only focus on them. You're not looking at your phone. You're not listening to the music or watching TV at the same time, or reading a book or the newspaper. You are one hundred percent in the moment. That's mindfulness, and people will appreciate that you being there. People will know if your mind's elsewhere, they'll make sure you practice mindfulness. You could also do meditation that will reduce your stress levels. I practice the release or the relaxed technique. I just do it thirty seconds, but I do it every day. So I start from the top of my head and I say relax, and I relax all the muscles. Then I go to my temples relax. And you go to my eyes relax, and my ears relax, and my jaw relax, and my mouth relax, and my neck shoulders chess and you go all the way down to the toes. So if it's thirty seconds. You just pick thirty spots and every second you relax those muscles and you'll feel the jewel relax. You'll feel the neck relax, the shoulders relax, the back relax. You don't realize how tense and stressed you are unless you start doing these meditations. And I don't care, and I'm not saying thirty minutes. I'm literally saying thirty seconds. Everybody has thirty seconds because if I say thirty minutes, people are be like, oh, I don't have time to meditate. You got thirty seconds. So every morning, you want to meditate for thirty seconds, doing the relaxed technique, starting from the top of your head, going all the way down to the bottom of your toes. All right. Now, getting back to eating, right, So we want to be mindful eating. So a good thing to do is eat with chopsticks. Chew your food thirty five times. Practice mindfulness. Use small plates, right, don't eat these big plates, and you'll get big portions, all right. Flavor your food with some chili peppers on a pinus, cinnamon, turmeric. Therefore you won't need sugar and salt and stuff like that. So start and you gotta stay away from all the carbs, all the bread, the rice, the potatoes, the oats, the cereals, the crackers. Not just the soda, the candy, the cookies and the cakes and the muffins and the croissants, but all the carbs, all the grains, all the starches. Get all your stuff. Your your sugar, your natural sugar from fruits. Get them from blueberries and strawberries and bananas and apples, and you know, get your carbs from your squash and your zucchini. You know, you don't have to eat all these white foods. I want you to eat colorful food foods. Stay away from the white foods, all right. And then you have a bowel movement. Make sure when you're sitting on the toilet you put your feet up like on a little footstand. That creates a better angle for better digestion, so you eliminate your fecal matter and help lose weight a lot more. Another good strategy to help to lose weight is to drink water on an empty stomach. So you want to drink five glasses of water a day, first thing in the morning, right when you wake up, a half hour before breakfast, a half hour before and lunch, a half hour before dinner, and then at night. Don't drink water with your food food that will make it harder to lose weight. Drink water before a half hour for each meal. That helps to lubricate the intestinal pathway. That helps to get some feedback to your brain that prevents overeating. It's water is your big frame when you're trying to lose weight. Another thing that's important is to get your brain checks. So you got to get your brain check. You might have, you know, an adrenal issue which stimulates cortisol. You might have a thyroid issue, you might have some inflammation, your metabolism might be all. So you want to check your brain and stick around for the end of the show and I'll teach you some ways that you could test your brain so you know whether that's affecting you or not. But we see a lot of thyroid problems, so do blood work. Also, get your thyroid checked to a full panel, not just your TSH and your T four. You need about ten different thyroid tests, so you have to do a whole thyroid because most thyroids are not anything to do with the thyroid. Thyroid problems are actually onoimmune disease, which has to do with your immune system, not your thyroid. So when you take medicine for your thyroid time, it's wrong because it should be done with your autonomic nervous system and your autoimmune system. That's how you would fix the thyroid. Then you gotta also get some good sleep. That's very important. So one way that you could get good sleep is to make sure that you don't have any electronics after six pm. So not only do you want to do intermittent festing where you don't have any food past six pm, you also want to do no electronics past six pm because when you have the electronics and that's computer, TV, cell phone, iPad and no smart devices, that's going to increase cortisol, which is going to cause weight gain, and it's going to interrupt your sleep. So best thing to do is drink water at five pm, eat dinner at five point thirty pm, go for a walk at six come home, turn off all the lights, don't use any electronics, and don't eat any food. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for We're getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the Doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the most common questions I get is doctor Kaplan, how can I get out of pain? So many people that have neck pain and shoulder pain and back pain, knee pain. It's oh my god, we're here all the time. Now. The first step is stop sitting so much. When you sit, that aggravates your joints. So I want you to start following the twenty rule. The twenty rule is that every twenty minutes of sitting, you get up for twenty seconds, move your body and look twenty feet away, and then you could go back to work, school, reading, writing, whatever you're doing, but don't sit for more than twenty minutes straight. So you might have to set an alarm, some reminder, use a cooking time or something to remind you, because you're not gonna know. Twenty minutes goes by very quickly, so you're not gonna know. Oh it's twenty minutes. I gotta get up, So you gotta set a reminder. Just have your phone vibrate or something. And what it is. You get up and you walk twenty feet, or you get up and do twenty push ups. You get up, do twenty sit ups, do twenty jumping jacks, do twenty squads, twenty lunges. I don't care what it is, but just move your body for twenty seconds after twenty minutes of sitting. And if you're working at the computer or working on your cell phone or the iPad or reading a book, also look twenty feet away. So exercise your body and exercise your eyes. That's the twenty rule. You want to get out of pain, you better start doing the twenty rule immediately. The worst thing is in one position, whether it's standing in one position or sitting in one position. All right, So why driving's no good? If you sit for more than twenty minutes in a car, it's not good. So I have a little pillow that I use in my car, and actually my car has it's pretty cool. I have a setting that moves. The seat moves, the head rest moves the backrest, so it's constantly moving my body. So even when I'm in the car, i'm moving. If you don't have one of those, you can just get. We have these air cushions that we have at the office that you blow it up with the air. You put it in your car seat and it forces you to move around, sort of like you're sitting on one of those exercise balls. So it kind of forces you to move a little bit, not a lot, but enough to move that body. So your jointstone stiffen up because if we're not moving, everything stiffens up. So remember the twenty rule if you want to get out of pain right. Another thing that's important for pain is reducing inflammation. Most pain is caused by inflammation. There are some natural products that help reduce inflammation. Turmeric cercumen that helps reduce inflammation. Where's veratrol, it's the best anti inflammatory. Where's veratrol is found in the skin of red grapes. It's found in Japanese, not weed. So the best anti inflammatory is resveratrol. And we have concentrated as viatrol O. Can you just give my office a ring and we could hook that up for you. But it's found in the skin of red grapes and Japanese, not wheed. That's where's veratrol. And then the third anti inflammatory is omega threes. Those are the fish oils. A lot of fatty fish oils helps to reduce inflammation. So if you want to reduce pain, make sure you get on all those three of those, viatral, turmeric, and the omega threes. There's another product that I really like from apex Energetics called oxy cell and oxy cell the main ingredients are glutathione and the SOD and they help to reduce the pain. So there's lots of good stuff you could do at home. In our office, we have lots of stuff that we do, such as cold laser that helps to reduce the pain. Working on your spinal alignment and your posture. So I teach you how to get your bones in the right position and prove your posture. That will help reduce the pain. Then we sometimes have to do some physical therapy for the muscles. If you have too much spasm or if the muscles are too time, I'd have to do some stretching types of exercises. Also, there might be a nerve compression. I might have to do some spinal decompression. We might have to do some traction, might have to do certain home exercises to decompress your spine. So it could be inflammation, there could be bones out of position, there could be muscle spasms, there could be nerve compression. It might have an autoimmune disease. There's something called rheumatoid arthritis, and you can check your blood work for what's called your r A factor. If you have a positive r A factor, that means you have autoimmune disease and the bodies attacking the joints. There's six foods that you must avoid if you test positive for this r A factor, or if you have fibromyalgia, which is also autoimmune disease. So the six foods are dairy, gluten, corn, soy, coffee, and alcohol. Those are for autoimmune disease. If you have rheumatoi arthritis, if you have MS, if you have siliac, if you have hashimotos graves, psoriasis, chobrins, glopis, fibromyalgia, all of these are autoimmune disease. Even diabetes type one is autoimmune disease. So if you have any of these autoimmune diseases, you must avoid those six foods for a minimum of six weeks. And then you recheck your blood work and you'll see that the antibodies number go down, but more importantly, your pain levels go down. If you want to reduce pain, you've got to make sure your immune system is in tip top shape. All right. Now, stick around for the end, and I'll tell you an easy way that you can analyze all those things to see where your pain's coming from. Now, some people have a hypersensitivity and these people are some like it, ringing in the ears, floaters in the eyes. They might have light sensitivity or you know, they don't like the lights that when they're driving at night. Or you might be a little clumsy and bump into things, and you might have some balance problems. You might confuse your lefts and right, so you might smell things that aren't there, or you might taste things that aren't there. So these are sensitivity issues, so what's called a sensory integration difficulty. They're more likely to have some of these pain syndromes. Now, other things that can cause pain are trauma, right, so we see a lot of patients with concussion, so you get your head hit that can cause pain, or car accidents or slips and falls. You know, all these traumas can really mess up your brain and your body. And what we need to do is repair the damaged areas. I am not an opinion of Okay, after injury, just wait and hope the symptoms go away. No no, no, no no no. You never want to wait. You want to do a thorough neurological and physical evaluation to figure out where the pain is coming from so you could remedy this situation so you don't end up with this pain for the rest of your life. You don't want to have authritis for the rest of your life, or a dis gene generation, or a nerve compression or a muscle spasm. So you have to evaluate the brain and the body. Therefore, you could determine where the pain is coming from. In your blood work, there's certain inflammatory markers that I would check, whether it's almost systeine or CRP ESR that will tell us if you're too inflamed or not. Another thing that causes pain that no one talks about is these electromagnetic frequencies. You know. I had a lady a couple of months ago with severe hip pain, and what I had her do is take out her cell phone in her pocket, which is basically covering her hip every time. So she started putting it on airplane mode and putting it in her bag and whila, within two weeks, her pain decreased by fifty percent and within four weeks it was completely on. She was radiating her hip with her cell phone with the Wi Fi, the five G the data. So if you have your cell phone on your person, turn it off or put it on airplane modes you don't radiate, and definitely don't talk on the phone holding it next to your ear. That's a lot of radiation. Don't put your laptop on your lap. Keep the electronics away from your joints. I don't believe in any of those things, the bluetooth, the Apple watches. I don't want you radiating your body. So stay away from all the radiation, and don't sleep next to any radiation. Don't have anything plugged in near your body when you're sleeping. Don't have your cell phone near you while you're sleeping, or your eyepant. It's got to be at least six feet away from you. So you got to keep everything six feet away from you. Another thing for pain is eating healthy fats. So we want to healthy fats because the fats cover the nerve. It's called a mielin sheath. The fats are good for the joints. They oil up those joints there. Now, where do we get good healthy fats from olives? I'd rather you eat olives than cook with olive oil. You gotta eat olives, that's how you get good fat. Don't cook with olive oil. Olive oil is carcinogenic over eye heat. So cook with either beef tallow, coconut oil, avocado oil. Those are the only safe ones to cook with. Right. So to eat fat. Eat olives, eat avocado, eat walnuts, eat cheese, seeds, eat eggs, eat fish. These are healthy fats. If you want some oil to lubricate those joints, eat coconut oil or eat some olive oil and those will help to loosen up your joints. Drink a lot of water. You need to drink half your body weight in ounces. And for the water to get absorbed, you want to put salt in your water, either Celtic salt or the pink Camelean salt because those have about eighty six minerals in it. Because you don't want to just drink the water and pee it out. You want the water to absorb and that reduces your pain and then reduce your stress levels. The more stress you are, the more pain. Most people are pain. It's got nothing to do with their body. It's actually their brain is stressed out. So reduce your emotional stress and you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At kaplinbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, kaplan or visit caplindc dot com for more. Information function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. NOW a lot of patients ask, me, hey Doctor, caplan how CAN i get better? Sleep it's very important to get a good night's. Sleep in, fact thirty of your life should be.
Speaker 3: Sleeping, Right so there's twenty four hours a, DAY a third of it eight hours should be. Sleep eight hours should be, work and eight hours should be. Fun make sure you do all. Three eight hours, sleep eight hours, work eight hours. Fun you can't just sleep and have, fun or you can't just work and. Sleep you gotta do, work, sleep and. Fun all three are important for a good balanced. Lifestyle we're on this earth only. Once let's have some. Fun but you gotta work for, it. Right you gotta work hard and play. Hard and working hard doesn't necessarily mean a. Job could be, charity could be, spirituality it could be your. Health it could be, Exercise it could be helping. Others it could be preparing, something building. Something it doesn't necessarily have to be a job that's a nine to five that you get paid. For but you gotta. Work you gotta do something for other. People you gotta.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is, Clean you gotta, recycle you gotta, garden you gotta, organize you gotta, plan you gotta, write you gotta.
Speaker 3: Read you gotta do something that's. Hard life isn't, easy and you have to be more. Resilient right and if you work very hard throughout the, day you're gonna sleep like a baby throughout the. Night you gotta work. Hard eight hours of, work eight hours of fun eight hours of. Sleep, now the best time for those eight hours of sleep are ten pm to six. Am that's when it's. Darkest that's when you need your. Rest don't go to sleep at one am and sleep till nine. Am that's not a good eight. Hours one to nine is not a good night's. Sleep ten to six is a very good night's. Sleep the amount of hours before midnight are. Crucial they're crucial for your. Sleep, hey you gotta have good. Habits. Now another thing that's important for sleep is to not have electronics at. Night once you are done eating after six, pm then you should also be done with electronics after six. Pm that means you have four hours between your last, meal your last electronic, exposure and then. Bedtime that gives you sufficient time to increase your melowte and digest your, food absorb your. Nutrients because you want to lie down in bed with food in your, stomach then you're gonna get acid. Reflux then you're gonna get, gird you're gonna get. Symptoms it's gonna make it more difficulty to. Sleep you're not gonna digest absorb your nutrients, properly so you Must you must end eating, early and then you must end electronics. Earlier if you want a good night's, sleep do not watch the news right before. Bed that's the worst thing you could. Do what's on the. News it's gonna Be, Ukraine. Israel it's gonna be fires and hurricanes and. Tornadoes it's gonna be. Stabbings it's gonna be. Murders it's gonna be political. Corruption it's gonna be. Racism it's gonna be criminal activity and rapes and. Theft it's not gonna be, fun, happy less stressful type of. Stuff it's gonna be high stressful. Stuff it's gonna be high anxiety. Stories it's going to be, really really difficult to get a good deep sleep if you watch the news right before, bed or if you watch some zombie apocalypse right before, bed or you watch some vampire slaying right before, bed or you watch some murder mystery right before, bed or Some World war three Or World war two movie right before. Ben don't watch, electronics and especially don't watch something that's going to be. Stressful first of, all instead of, watching you could, listen listen to an audible, book listen to a. Podcast you don't need to look at the, screens put on some. Music so you can have entertainment at night without WATCHING, tv without going through your cell phone, scrolling going on the, computer going On YouTube And facebook And. Instagram you can have. Entertainment you could listen to a. Comedian you could listen to a. Podcast you could listen to an audible. Book you could listen to. Music you could read a. Book you could play a. Game you can play checkers or, chess or you could do a jigsaw, puzzle or you could do a maze or the crossword puzzle or the word. Jumbo you could take a, lesson take a music, lesson a dance. Lesson you could join a, club a book, club a sewing. Club you could join a. Charity you could take a dog for a. Walk you could join some sports. Group there's so many. Activities there's senior citizen, groups there's you, know any, group any. Meetup you, know there's stuff that you like that other people like. That people are getting together and they're not gonna be on the computer or THE. Tv so you're gonna be. Social you're gonna get. Outside that's gonna make your brain stronger so that when you come home you can get a deep, sleep, right the more, electronics the more food you have the increase of cortisol that's going to interrupt your. Sleep so make sure that you get a good night's sleep by preventing food and electronics for four hours before. Bedtime another good strategy to get could sleep is to walk outside for ten minutes during sunrise and walk outside ten minutes during. Sunset when you walk outside during, sunrise the brain, says, okay the sun's come. Up let me increase, cortisol give me, energy let me decrease, melatonin decrease. Fatigue and then when you do the ten minute walk during, sunset now you're gonna increase, melatonin which helps you. Sleep you're going to decrease, cortisol the stress, hormone which interrupts your. Sleep, now when you come home after six, pm dim the lights. Down you don't want to come home and then turn on all your, lights turn on THE, tv turn on the, screen have a. Snack then you're not gonna go to good night's. Sleep so we said your last meal is done by six and you go, outside watch the sun set for ten, minutes then come back inside and dim the lights and dim the lights a little. Bit so seven, o'clock dimm them even. More eight, o'clock dimm them even. More nine, o'clock almost all. Gone in ten, o'clock everything's. Dark don't have any electronics in your bedroom when you're going to. Sleep you don't want to have THE, tv the, radio the alarm, clock your cell, phone your, iPad your, computer of all these things in your room when you're. Sleeping that's gonna interrupt your. Sleep SO i want your room empty of all. Electronics you only need one, thing if, that but it's an alarm. Clock it's the only thing you need in your. Room AND i personally just use my cell phone as my alarm. Clock BUT i plug it in while it's charging overnight away from. ME i put it on the other side of the. Room, therefore when it goes, OFF i have to jump out of bed anyway to turn it off BECAUSE i don't want to wake up my. WIFE i get up pretty early BECAUSE i. Exercise, NO i don't want to wake up the whole. House SO i put my phone far away from me turn it, on so it's gonna wake up in the. Morning gotta jump out of. Bed but you don't have any, electronics and not only in your, room but also on the other side of the wall where you're. Sleeping so if your head's against the, wall and even though there's no electronics, room but on the other side there's your, WiFi your big SCREEN, tv YOUR dvd, player YOUR ps, five your, radio seve all these electronics on the other side of the. Wall that's not good. Either so you don't want anything plugged in near you or on the other side of the wall when you're. Sleeping another thing for getting good sleep is making sure that you don't take a long nap during the. Day if you have difficulty sleeping and then you're so tired during the day that you gotta take a, nap that's gonna make it hard to sleep that. Night so let's say if you have a bad night's, sleep keep yourself up the whole day so that that night now you're gonna be so exhausted you're gonna get a real deep. Sleep then you can actually get in a good streak if you want to start going to bed. Early now it's the perfect time because we just had fall back where we turn back to. Clocks so now when your brain thinks it's eleven, o'clock your cell phone is gonna say it's ten, o'clock and you can actually go to bed at ten o'clock because your brain thinks it's. Eleven so start going to bed an hour early right, now because it's actually the same time you've been going to. Bed now is the perfect time to start going to bed, early which is in the fall after turn back the clock In. October all, right, now how do you know whether you're getting good sleep or? Not you gotta do a brain. Test the best brain test is called A qEEG brain, mapping and this measures all your different brain waves, alpha, BETA, theda, delta and it tells us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which are not functioning. Well it's gonna tell us you have sleep left of, sleep, deprivation, insomnia, depression, anxiety trouble with, focus trouble and memory long term, memory short term. Memory if you have a thyroid, problem have you metal poisoning long. Covid if you have a neurotransmitter dopamine acetylcholine, issue you got intestinal, inflammation you have difficulty shifting, tests you have difficult, motivation organization, planning you have sensory. Issues tonight is ringing in the, ears floaters in the, eyes, balance, poblems, Headaches it literally picks up. Everything it's normally five hundred, dollars but for the first seven people to, call text or email you could get the entire test for only twenty one. Dollars the next best test to find out how your brain is functioning is called A. Vng this is where you wear infrared goggles that measure your eye. Movements they go left and right and up and down and fast and. SLOW i can it tell us which areas are, overactive which creates, insomnia, anxiety and which areas are underactive low, motivation, fatigue. Depression that test is also normally five hundred, dollars but for the first seven people to, call text or email you could get that test for only twenty one. Dollars and the third, test which is the most, important is a one on one with. Me i'll go over YOUR, vng your Q. Eeg i'll go over your blood. Work i'll go over your, posture your, alignment your, memory your, coordination your, balance your, heart your, lungs your, gut your, nutrition your, exercise your, motivation you're, planning we do. Everything it's normally five hundred, dollars but for the first seven people to, call text or. Email you could get it for only twenty one dollars and take. Advantage you could do all three, Tests so instead of paying five hundred, dollars five hundred dollars and five hundred, dollars you only have to pay twenty one, dollars twenty one dollars and twenty one. Dollars just, call text or email the, number write it, down dial it right now six four six two two, one six seven three, eight or you can email info At Caplin brain And. Body just tell them you want to be the one of the first seven people to do all three tests for twenty one dollars each from The Caplin brain And. Body Boost Your Brain power or radio. Show if you like this show and you're interested about learning, more you could get my book On. Amazon it's Called Boost Your Brain, POWER A guide To improving Your memory and. Focus Brain power is one. Word you can go On amazon and you can get it there so you can get it. Delivered the other thing that's important is our social. Media join us A facebook It's Kaplin brain And. Body you can join us on my YouTube, Channel Caplan brain And. Body we also have TikTok which is Doctor Eric. Kaplan and we also Have instagram which is At kaplan Brain, body so you could like, us subscribe to your, notifications get our social, media go on our, YouTube get my. Book if you want to listen to these, shows you could go on the website and just listen in the archives to our old shows and that way your brain is going to function at a higher. Level you're gonna feel better and you're gonna live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric. Kplan you just listen to boost your brain. Power we'll see you next.
Speaker 2: Week if you want to improve your brain, function help with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches brain, fog weight, loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future. Diseases that this is the show for. You don't mis boost your brain power with Doctor Eric caplan and you will learn, natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such As, Alzheimer's parkinson's, stroke, autism add, concussion autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo migrains four posture, PAIN, tbi skin and digestive. Problems Doctor caplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health condition rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky. Surgeries to contact Doctor, kaplan you could call his team at two oh one two six one two one five, zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot. Com the preceding was a paid. Program do wr's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas.
Speaker 1: Expressed the preceding was a paid. Podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas.
Speaker 3: Expressed