Speaker 1: Let's go. Let's go, guys, hit it. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, yep pee.
Speaker 2: Rod right, Oh yes, it is Throwback.
Speaker 1: Thursday, Fix the Gram Thursday, the day we play Read My Lips at eight twenty it's Alex taking on Tessa. And then of course tonight I'm at Little Woodrow's nine oh one Saint Emanuel. Or is it eight to one Saint Emmanuel. I think it's eight o one Saint Emmanuel seven to nine fifty pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Rosie performing live tonight today on the show. Josh I believe is going for win number two today. Fresh out of Head Head You Head Challenge will play at six twenty. Monster Jam tickets in homeroom. We'll get you to those on the fun Fat flash Back. The Read My Lips game at eight twenty is for Tom Segura tickets. Funny Man coming to town April of next year. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. We got them before they go on sale. Rod Ryan Show twenty Anniversary Party tickets on Know the Show today. It's the last thing we do before we turn you loose. For a Thursday ten percent chance of rain, sunny high of ninety one. Good morning, Tesla. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rod, and good morning home Room.
Speaker 4: So last night Hurricane Milton made landfall as a powerful as a powerful Category three storm. It brought life threatening storm surge and the storm left more than three million customers without powers. So first responders in Florida really limited in performing rescues because of the intense wins there. From the hurricane authority say, look, even if you call nine one one, you're basically on your own until the conditions are deemed safe.
Speaker 3: Enough for first responders to venture out into.
Speaker 4: So people have lost touch with their family members, they are anxious about property damage. So that's definitely something we're gonna be chatting about this morning. The Justice Department may ask a judge to break up Google search Engine from other parts of its company. Federal prosecutors are accusing Google of holding an illegal monopoly over an online search, so the Department of Justice wants to break up Google. There were court papers filed late on Tuesday night earlier this week, so that's another thing that will be in our headline this morning. There is a viral photo of a guy who's working on his laptop, but he's at his own wedding reception, so he picks go on.
Speaker 3: A little viral.
Speaker 4: He's the co founder of a tech startup and he just needs to hop on a quick call let an.
Speaker 3: Employee access some code.
Speaker 4: But people online are saying it's an example of how no one has work life balance anymore. I watched Selling Sunset, which is a trashy reality show.
Speaker 3: She left her wedding to go close a house.
Speaker 4: I'm like, if it's a big deal, if it's important, sounds scripted.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a reality show. But I'm just saying, but the way it may me.
Speaker 4: Feel very similar to this, very This is a very similar situation.
Speaker 1: His picture also feels a little scripted.
Speaker 3: I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: It's on links and guests. You can go and check that out.
Speaker 4: The Netflix Christmas romance like The Merry Gentleman will premiere on November twentieth, and you're like, well, what is this. It's Netflix's version of Hallmark Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 4: Heartwarming, romantic Christmas movie that includes a male strip tease act led by Chad Michael Murray. You know, Big City Girl goes back home her parents' venues failing.
Speaker 3: What will she do? I know what she'll do. She'll bring the mail stripper.
Speaker 1: Bring in the mail strippers, very gentlemen, they'll help the venue out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna save Christmas.
Speaker 1: You should have tried that at Fitzgerald's.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, green Day is celebrating the thirtieth anniversary of their nineteen ninety four album Dookie.
Speaker 3: But they're doing it in a very green Day way.
Speaker 4: So they are releasing d mastered versions of each song individually, each to be loaded into an outdated and extremely inconvenient piece of tech. So like, this song will be on a game Boy cartridge, Well going to be very nice.
Speaker 3: You can get it on a game Boy cartridge. Longview will be on a door.
Speaker 4: Bell, and yeah, basket Case will be on a big mount billy bass.
Speaker 1: I saw one of them was on a Teddy Rouxsban cassette that only works in the Teddy Roucksban.
Speaker 4: Just to be clear, you can't stream them. You gotta get the physical media. Things that there are recorded on a music blog page for details on that.
Speaker 1: Those are heuston satellite, so punk, so punk?
Speaker 5: What he gets them?
Speaker 6: What do you got in the MLB Playoffs. Yesterday, the Tigers shut out the Guardians three to nothing, the Mets eliminated the Phillies, Yankees got by the Royals three to two, and the Dodgers blet the Padres eight. Oh. They're gonna play game four of both Alds series today. Tigers take on the Guardians at five in the Yankees face the Royals at seven.
Speaker 5: You can watch both games on T and T and TBS.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night Football, DK Metcalf and the Seahawks are gonna host brock Perty and the forty nine Ers. Forty nine ers come into this one as three and a half point favorites. Kickoffs at seven to fifteen, and you can watch it on Prime Video and some Texans news. The Texans placed wide receiver Nico Collins on injured reserve with a hamstring injury yesterday. That means he's gonna miss at least four games with that injury. That is going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Here we go, guys, it's gonna be a busy, busy throwback Thursday, Chile. He's got the voting link up right now. You can go check it out on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com That's where you'll find the store. That's where you'll find information about the golf tournament, looking at girls fix the Graham Thursday food blog page. Are you kidding? It just goes on and on and on. The hottest quarterbacks in the NFL. There's a list up for that today on links and guests, so you're gonna want to definitely hit that up. Start thinking about that first phone call. If you would like the first phone call today, Come get it, man, I got every line wide open. How do you want to get? The show started today? Seven one three, two, one, two, five five, the most interactive show on the radio, or five the Buzz Some forty one and into Deep nothing but stellar reviews about Some forty one's concert a couple weeks back, those of you that were in the audience took time to tell me, Rod, you really really really missed out. They did address the whole that this is the last time we're going out on tour, and you know, Derek looks like he's going to be doing some other things and maybe he'll reveal everything in a book that's coming out. Apparently there's some sort of a memoir. So if you want to find about all things some forty one. They're keeping up on the Derek Whibley situation. It looks like he's maybe the reason that they're going to be and maybe it's got something to do with his health as well. But you know, just another one of these bands. It says they're not going to do it anymore. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies today, high of ninety one. What do you got? Not quite as cool as it was yesterday? Sixty seven. Outside's still nice out there. Josh is going to go for win number two, fresh out of bed, Head to head challenge, Monster Jam tickets coming your way in homeroom own the fun Fact Flashback. Many of you are aready sending me your word suggestions for reading my lips. Thank you very much. You email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com. I'll go through every email that has read my lips in the subject and I'll piece together the best words that we're going to play the game today. At around eight twenty Tom Segurrow we announced funny man Tom Seguras come into town playing NRG Arena April fifth, So I know we're announcing all this stuff. That's I mean, that's not even that deep into twenty twenty five. But we're talking about some shows that are now going deep, that are already being announced. That's just the way. That's what made it so crazy when I talked about Lincoln Park. When we announced Lincoln Park, we said, Wow, these concerts and things that they're doing. He said, this year's while the turnaround that they did Alternative Income. Early in the nine o'clock hour, Rod Ryan Show, twenty anniversary party tickets. Listen, I'll mention it all morning long, eight oh one, Saint Emmanuel Street in Edo, Little Woodrow's. I'm out there tonight seven to nine. I got fifty pair of tickets to give away. Rosie's going to be performing live. This is a twenty one and older party. Some of the other ones that I have done, You've been able to bring the kiddos to. Yeah, they've got food and all that stuff there, but I think they have like a seven o'clock they kick the kids out and then it becomes just you know, a twenty one an older bar. So that's what's happening tonight because I'm there seven to nine. So do not bring the kids tonight. As much as I love hanging with them and seeing them. My kid's not going, Your kid's not going. That's gonna be a good party tonight. I can't. It's the first thing that Chili said to Me's like, are you ready for tonight? It's the last big gathering that we have before the gathering Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party going down on Saturday. I just got handed a message. The Love Street Festival, which I've been talking about, is the next day. It's turning into a free festival now. Oh nice, yep, they're just going to do fundraising for Florida. Oh wow, So somehow they were able to pivot it is now a free, open festival show. I'll talk about it later, but yeah, you can just go to the Love Street Love Street Fest on Sunday now, and then they're going to ask for a donation and they're going to send all that money off to Florida. So we'll talk about that later on. Also, what else should we talk about?
Speaker 7: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Maybe Tucker got through first. Tucker Jack, Hey Tucker, I can hear you. How are you today?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great, man.
Speaker 1: Yesterday what was yesterday? Me and my wife's been trying to get ticket Seal's party the whole time. Okay, were you successful last night? Ended up making it over landing Tom Helly number sixty okay, lucky number sixty seven. Tucker and his wife are going to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 5: See you there, Tuck.
Speaker 1: You waited until the last week.
Speaker 9: I get it.
Speaker 1: It's crunch time for a lot of people. People are freaking out a little bit right now. She's been driving everywhere every week trying to make it. Yeah, well a your persistance paid off, man, way to keep at it. What's your wife's name, Tucker? Okay, great job, great job. I really really look forward to partying with you guys out there on Saturday night. Doors open at three o'clock. Okay, bro yes, sir, thank you all very much. Yay, thank you. I look forward to it. Some of the things that came out yesterday is, yeah, you could bring a portable chair with you, like one of those foldable bag chairs. You can't get those close to the stage though. The trade off is if you're bringing a chair, you need to park those way in the back. They have an area. It'll all be explained to you when you get there. But people were concerned about the sitting. It's an outdoor concert. It's a brewery, so they'll be beer, and then of course there's water. Liquid Death is our sponsor, so there is water, and then there's other, you know, bottled water. They'll be that available. The pizza joint has a limited menu. There's gonna be a bunch of food trucks there. So people were asking about food bag policy. Not really a bag policy. You don't need to bring like a clear bag like an energy stadium, but you know they're gonna go your bag. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like I mean, if you have to again, they're gonna go through it. You're gonna slow down the line. So that's some of the stuff that's that's happening out there. Doors open at three Saturday. Come get your tickets with me tonight in Ito at Little Woodrow's quick Break on the flip Gotta rec check for you. We'll find out what's training and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of bed Rock and Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. Thank you guys. You're making my job very very easy today with all your great word suggestions. Already. You know a lot of the same favorites, but a lot of new people sending me words. It doesn't have to be a full list. It's great if it's a full list, I can choose the best one of what you're sending. What are they doing? They're getting me ready for read my lips. Alex takes on Tessa, Alex breaking away from the pack with sixteen wins on the year. Tessa has thirteen. Not okay, Chili got three something something like three. Chili will be timekeeping today. I know there's this twin brother Chiman and always supportive. So yeah, keep sending me the words. Email me directly, Rod at the buzz dot com. Sunny's guys today, eight ten percent chance of rain high ninety one. What's trending on this throwback Thursday?
Speaker 4: Everything on the ax is like Tampa Bay the CSTA keys. Did you see Tropicicana Field where the Tampa Bay Raised play. It's basically been destroyed overnight. The whole roof is like gone.
Speaker 1: It's just Alex had mentioned that to me this morning, and then he showed me video of a of a hospital that's right there on the waterspal Yeah, so right there in Tampa Bay. They literally built like an alamo, like a fund, a floodwall all around it. It's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: It's strong still, it seems like it's still holding.
Speaker 3: I mean the hospital listen, well, a place for leisure. You know it's expensive hosted.
Speaker 5: Was that was housing all of the first responders that are going out?
Speaker 4: I see, yeah, okay, so yeah, it's all it's all weather stuff. Also, did you guys hear about that guy they're nicknaming Lieutenant Dan. He was like, people were trying to get him to leave. He's on his boat. People are trying to get him to leave Florida. He's like, nah, God has my back. So everyone was like taking bets on, like is this dude gonna get swept away?
Speaker 3: To see?
Speaker 4: Well, he defied the odds and he is still alive. According to reports on the X, it's it's all cs to key again. Weather and then if you go over to if you go over to Links and Guests. Of course, for us, it's going to be the Fistagram Thursday. But your Carrie Underwood story, the Sunday Night football theme.
Speaker 1: It went viral.
Speaker 3: It has gone completely viral. It's been viewed that page review like fifty five thousand times.
Speaker 1: So that was the story yesterday. That Carrie Underwood. It's still every time I say it, a giggle every Sunday night. When you watch her do that intro, that's a million dollars in her pocket. Okay, eighteen weeks two years of it. Do the math, it's a million dollars a week. She makes wild.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending on ninety four five of the bus.
Speaker 1: Really wild and worth every penny and worth every cent spent.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody, Former Fred fist job now your friends out of.
Speaker 10: Bed head to head one DA.
Speaker 11: So sorry Nate not sop gortly on Thursday when I make it quit number two.
Speaker 1: My deepest apologies because I think I might have been given him a hard time blaming that phone issue on him that was on us yesterday. That was some kind of crippling windows update that seems to level this whole floor of this building here. So I'm sure you're gonna be fine, Josh. I'm sorry that that that phone issue was on us. I think we got everything squared away. Can you beat him? He's going for win number two. I believe former fresh fish seven one three two. If you want to play. You're listening to The rod Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 9: Five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, the Buzz Lits, and my own Worst I mean, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Throw Back Thursday, you get Jars of Clay Flood taking on Audio Slave, Show Me How to Live, Marilyn Manson The Dope Show. Wow, he got Jesus taking on Satan with a little bit of Audio Slave mixed in Jars of Clay. They didn't really hide it. They were like a Christian rock band. It did. So it's interesting that he's got them going against Marilyn Manson. That's a good matchup. That's a good matchup. I'm telling you what. The bands that the Jesus, the people that are fired up for Jesus, they find out Jars and Clays in there, they'll vote for that love over that. They feel like. They feel like we need to hear the message in that song. It's a great song too. I love all three songs. So whatever you do you do today, I don't think we can lose with any of those songs being played. Let's play a game and.
Speaker 12: Now each time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Josh. I found this yesterday. Somebody had sent this to me. Let's take a listen, come on, you can do it.
Speaker 11: Here we go.
Speaker 1: It's not working. Why would anything work? Why would I even try to do something fun on the Radio's silly, Josh, really cool thing planned for you in this awesome drop and everything. But you know that's me tomorrow, that's me thinking that I could have fun on the radio and what's hot like me?
Speaker 3: These are nicknames for your friend names.
Speaker 13: Just do it and named Josh or Joshua Apple Mac and Josh, Josh, Kosh Bagosh, Josh Clatt, Squashua, Josh Eisley's Faceport Goshua, Josh Pitt, Joshua Ganda, Joshuah Piece and Josh Verdy, Acid Josh Jeens Butternut Josh, Just Shoa Chewa La Bah Boston and Josh Josh wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Speaker 1: All Right, it's a great Those are great, Hi, Josh, Just pick one you like out of that list. All right, Josh, you're taking on Matt today. Got it was a lot of work. I'm Matt still trying. I'm still trying to Matt, all right, Josh, and then Matt is over here. Hang on a second, Josh, are you still there? Yes? I am, okay, wonderful. Matt.
Speaker 10: Are you there?
Speaker 1: Hello, Matt? Just listen to me, bro How are you Matt? I can hear anything, Matt. Can you hear me talk right now? Yes?
Speaker 14: Or no?
Speaker 1: That's all I want to hear it.
Speaker 7: I can hear it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I can hear you. All right, I got Josh, I got Matt. What are they playing for? That's it? No more drops, no more trying to be no more trying to be clever on the radio. What are they playing for?
Speaker 9: I've got a period.
Speaker 3: You can see Gary Carr Junior atone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a fresh fish over here too with Matt. After I said no more drops, you put a drop in. I was already.
Speaker 6: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I still want to have a good time here. You know, hey, Matt, I understand that you've never played before. I got to do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, you need two correct answers to win that prize today. Okay, yes, sir, all right, you can hear me, fine, Josh, you can hear me? Fine, great, here we go. Question number one. Your shouting out your name, please don't shout out answers. We freak. We don't know what to do. What planet is known for its rings? Matt, Matt, Saturn's a correct answer. Matt's on the board.
Speaker 6: Fresh, Matt fresh fresh, Matt fresh fresh, Matt, Hey, you just.
Speaker 9: Do them live.
Speaker 3: You'll do the drops live.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what we'll do. Nice piece of fish. That's when you play to that. All right, here we go, Okay, Matt, Welcome to the game. Question number two, Josh and Matt. What fictional spy likes his Martini's shaken, not stirred?
Speaker 5: Josh, Matt? Did you say.
Speaker 1: Stop? Everybody stopped talking? Josh, Matt, you didn't say your name? I did. I don't know. Wait a minute, Matt, did you say your name? Don't lie to me. I did say my name. Josh, you said your name, nobody heard it's James Bond and whoever said Charlock's Holmes just don't do anything extra, Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Josh's name, But I also thought I heard Matt say something.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear your name. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, I I didn't know it was Monday? Is it Monday? Is it milf Monday?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's thankstagram thirst thick milk.
Speaker 1: If it is question number two, we're gonna forget that. Last one happened. It was James Bond. What continent and country is home to the kangaroos? Josh, Josh, Australia. We got a game? Okay, we got a game. They each have one.
Speaker 3: These fresh kids are eating up with questions.
Speaker 1: Here we go? Is somebody saying something that shouldn't just s s? Here we go? Next question? Wow, it's like a real game show question. Good luck, Matt and Josh. Shout out your name. Who is known as the father of evolution? Matt, Go for it, Matt, Charles Darwin? Check out the big brain on.
Speaker 9: Fresh Matt, What.
Speaker 1: Let's go? Who woke up today thinking I'm gonna listen to the Rod Ryan Show and I'm gonna have to pull out Charles Darwin all right out of my butthole this morning?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 4: But who also said Sherlock Holmes likes his martinis shaking up?
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, I don't know who said that was so fun? Okay, no harm, no fall Josh or Matt? Who said Sherlock Holmes, don't lie, Josh, Josh, I appreciate the hell out of your honesty. Thank you. I mean, how many other fictional spies do we know?
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was a detective.
Speaker 8: I was won back, man, I had to go for anything. I didn't know the answer.
Speaker 1: Really good, all right, Josh, You've been really fun, dude. I gotta say goodbye though. Okay, thank you for me? All right, man, I mean I know it's not okay, but hey, fresh fish Matt. You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Man, sounds good.
Speaker 11: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Fresh Fish Matt fifty Fresh fish Matt. All right, bro, we're gonna work on a victory speech.
Speaker 11: Next right right, show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 5: Five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Sorry, not sorry at all? Still the best song on the radio. That's Lincoln Park and the Emptiness Machine, Rob Ryan's show, never apologizing for the musical taste at least my own. Welcome to Throwback Thursday. Get your votes in man, Jars of Clay, Audio Slave and Marilyn Manson. It's a great mix. That's a great max I do I honestly love all songs. You know that Chris Cornell is my favorite singer. I'm still loving what I saw with Marilyn Manson on stage this summer. I can't tell you how great he was opening up for five Finger Death punch Man. Manson is back ten percent chance of rain Sunny Skies highs of ninety one. You vote on the world famous Rob Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com, and just like that, we got a new champion, a Fresh out of Bed head to Head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody. This is former fresh Fish Matt.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 8: I've been listening to this silly show forever and I've won my fair share of free booty, but this is my first time winning the Fresh out of BedHead to Head, So I say, what the heck, let's go for the Hall of Fames. Join me on free beer Fridays. I making win number two my bees?
Speaker 1: Are you getting the Sexy James vibe a little bit? I hate when listeners come on and they have like a better voice than you know, the people on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's like, chill Man, Chill, Hey.
Speaker 1: Rod, what's up man? I thought i'd call your show and play the game. Get off my air, Get off the radio. Yeah, sound too cool?
Speaker 3: Only us all right, all right, hey I'm your host.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's great, great job of the game today.
Speaker 5: Man, can't wait for your game tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's what I feel like talking after him.
Speaker 3: It's fine, he's gone now.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, hey, it's all right. I got monster jamsick. It's coming up for you. It's the fuck that's to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the Fu's to the day. Where's our big baldy. Where's our money? Bro? You see that money bro commercial? The woman and the two kids are at the table and dad's there, and mom's wearing a vest, not a suit, vest like one of those I don't know, back to the future of vests, okay, And she's like talking. He's like, she's asking these young kids what they want at their wedding. She's like, do you want a gazebo? She's like, what's a gazebo something I wanted when I was young? And the girl asked her dad, is MoMA money bro?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: It's so funny. It's got to be some PNC bank or something commercial? All right, our money, bro. How we'll talk to him on the phone. Hey, I kind of knew this. Animals can cross breed only if they're very closely related and they have the same number of chromosomes, only just a slight difference. So for example, a horse has sixty four chromosomes and a donkey has sixty two. They can kind of get it on with each other. You know what you get? What a mule? A mule, That's what a mule is. I mean, there's other definitions of mules.
Speaker 3: I've seen a.
Speaker 4: Zebra at a donkey. I've seen a zebra as a bronchi donkey. Okay, ankey called a bronchi where.
Speaker 1: I went, Okay, yeah, they're called zonkis where I saw them. The mules are what is usually pulling the carts around, like if you go to the French Quarter or even here in downtown.
Speaker 5: Those are mules.
Speaker 1: Those are mules. So yeah, those are the offspring of a horse and a donkey.
Speaker 3: Getting it on. That'll do.
Speaker 1: Next up, I'm gonna tell you a little belief system that I have. I think that every person, including the radio wizard, that knows how to do the Rubik's cube, I think there's kind of something that they know that they're not telling us. We could all do it. We could all do it.
Speaker 3: They're gatekeeping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just one of those that no one talks about. They just said, okay, you're kind of sworn to secrecy. It's like a magician. You know, you don't tell them how to solve a woman in half.
Speaker 9: You just do it.
Speaker 1: And once you learn, you have to kind of sign something. We're getting closer. It's a fact. It's a fun fact. No matter how scrambled to Rubik's cub is, it is always solvable within twenty moves.
Speaker 15: That is.
Speaker 3: Tell us wizards.
Speaker 1: And you know what did it for me is when people were doing it blindfolded. I think it's just it. It's a pattern. I think it's just you can't feel the colors. But I think it's just boom boom boom, boom boom. Once you learn that, I think you can do it blindfolded. Find out they don't talk. Those nerds are they're taking it to their grave. They love their they love it when they know how to solve a Rubik's cube. I don't flex Radio Wizards. In his mid fifties, he's still flexing on that since Junior High. Cocomo by the Beach Boys. There is no Cocomo. There's no island off the Florida Keys or the Caribbean with that name. Cocomo is a fictional place.
Speaker 3: That's neat, sounds so lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the fuck.
Speaker 9: That's the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart, buddies, It's the Fu's the day. All right? What are you giving away?
Speaker 3: I have a four pack of tickets. We've pit passes to Monster Jam.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: The intro music to this television show was slightly different in every episode. You're thinking, well, this has got to be some show that maybe only had one or two seasons. Oh no, oh, no, lots of seasons. Okay, but yeah, there was a slight difference in every single opening seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, there's our there's our money. Brou Hey, how brother Rod, good morning. You need to get one of those puffy vests. You need to get one of those.
Speaker 3: We'll get you one, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. It's not real like an outdoorsy one, but it's a thin but it's a vest. Yeah, we need to get you one. Oh, Christmas is coming up. Forget I just mentioned that what happened on Wall Street, it.
Speaker 17: Was a good down Wall Street. The Dow is up four hundred and thirty one points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and five twelve NASDAC up one hundred and eight eighteen thousand, two hundred and ninety one bench Maarten your treasury. It's trading at a four point oh nine percent and oil stands at seventy four dollars twenty one cents a barrel to the most actives, the big Stud's Funnywell, IBM and Caterpillar, the big DUTs, Boeing, Salesforce, and Verizon.
Speaker 1: On the economic caunras.
Speaker 17: This morning, we'll get numbers on the consumer Price Index for September right now, futures.
Speaker 1: On the downside.
Speaker 17: Come on, it's turn this baby around.
Speaker 16: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm Matti.
Speaker 17: This is Hilloween, an egy director with Rammony, James Porty Fit Bride Ryan Show from Raymond James on Saint Flip in Agusta. And don't forget that it would rack out. We'll just talk out.
Speaker 7: Beman's expressed. Are those of all land and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associate, zan Comember, NYC, as IBC D or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to youran. This program is or an educational and informational purposes.
Speaker 9: One are based on the.
Speaker 1: Movement ninety four five The Buzz. Welcome back Rob Ryan Show, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 18: Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 10: Armando?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, dude. The intro music, the intro music to this television show was slightly different in every single episode. What do you got, uh?
Speaker 11: Science?
Speaker 1: Phil?
Speaker 19: Yeah, dude, yes, Armando, you're the big winner.
Speaker 1: What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: Four packet tickets? Who passes to Monster Jam? Congratulations?
Speaker 1: Oh welcome Jim, that's what you do. That's right, dude. Congratulations, man, congratulations. That is a huge one stop with the bass moment. That's perfect too. All right, some drops work apparently, that's good. Armando, hang on the phone for me. Four pack of passes. Bring the family out to Monster Gym next Saturday, October nineteenth, Sparkles, Smash and all those superhero trucks making their debut. Here's highly suspect. My Name is Human ninety four five The Buzz, Okay ninety four to five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. What have we got going on here? I got Tody's tickets for you next hour. I got read my lips coming up at eight twenty this morning. You guys are killing it. Thank you so much, so many words. I'm ready to go. I'm ready to go. Don't get don't get sassy, thinking that we're gonna play at seven twenty though the game is at eight twenty, and I'll continue to scan my emails looking for great words to use for the game. Rod Ryan showed twentyth anniversary party tickets on Know the Show Today. Sunny skies ten percent chance of rain high ninety one. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I sure do.
Speaker 4: A hurricane Milton made landfall last night is a powerful Category three storm. It brought life threatening storm surge, heavy winds, and rain. The storm left more than three million customers without power there and first responders in Florida I say they've also been limited in performing rescues because of the intense wins that's still remained from Hurricane Milton. So authorities there in central Florida warning people that, look, you can callline one one, but you're essentially on your own until it's deemed safe for the responders to venture out and rescue people. Lots of people have lost touch with family members, and a lot of people are anxious about property damage. A judge is calling on lawyers for Sean Diddy Combs to knock it off with the bail. Appeals court document show the disgrace hip hop moguls defense filed the latest and third attempt to get him out of Brooklyn's Metropolitan Detention Center. They cite appropriate bail conduction, including that Combs wouldn't threaten the community, as to why he should be spared from the facility's harsh conditions before his trial begins. According to new court papers obtained by I Believe the Mirror, the new judge in the case has directed the court to terminate all of the defense's requests ahead of the court appearance. Ahead of his next court appearance, which I think might be today.
Speaker 1: Imagine how uncomfortable that bed is for Diddy. Oh imagine how uncomfortable he is in that.
Speaker 3: South this guy has he's not a tempipedict.
Speaker 1: He has multiple twenty million dollar homes. Can you imagine what kind of beds he has? I mean now he's on one of those cots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, living that lavish lifestyle like not to like like, of course, you want to make money, you want to earn to have a knife lifestyle. But like, once you get used to the finer things, it makes you soft, Like it makes you super soft. You can't handle life in a peditentiary makes it way worse.
Speaker 1: I don't bad boy for life. Maybe he's doing okay, but you know.
Speaker 4: What, great point, great point? Lease, can we talk about this? Who is this sexiest quarterback in the NFL?
Speaker 1: Then you have the wrong music I have done?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, please god, this is not yeah, this is not a sports story. We're talking about good lukes.
Speaker 4: According to People magazine, Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow is the sexiest QV Do you agree?
Speaker 12: I do.
Speaker 4: I think this is not a list where like they named it number one and I'm like, no, so and so got snubbed. I will say Josh Allen a little low on the list.
Speaker 3: He's at eight.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they have Joe Burrow, they have Caleb Williams, who is a rookie, who's you know, he's a good looking guy. Russell Wilson has never done it for me personally. He's at number three. Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: I do think Dak is handsome. I do think Dak is handsome.
Speaker 1: Who I'm not seeing?
Speaker 3: Where's Jimmy G.
Speaker 9: Jimmy G's not even.
Speaker 3: In the top ten.
Speaker 1: It looks like a Disney prince exactly.
Speaker 3: So that's the snub. That's the snub.
Speaker 5: Starting quarterback, guess Russell Wilson and.
Speaker 3: Then who else?
Speaker 4: Lamar Jackson was in my top five last year when I did it when I named my sexiest, and I also think he was stubbs.
Speaker 1: I got.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's your list? Who's on your list? Just allon number one?
Speaker 20: You?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But Joe Burrow, that hair is douchey. It's douchey.
Speaker 3: The bond here is a little much. The bond here is a little much too.
Speaker 1: It's weird when a guy is so into fashion, you know, I mean, isn't weird?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I know, because you're so not into fashion. So it's weird for you.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassed if I look like I tried to put something together. I really am. It's I get it, like Cam Newton always was silly to me, right, all of that, but Joe Burrow is too into it.
Speaker 4: It is intimidating.
Speaker 1: Focus on the game and not your outfit.
Speaker 3: Will say.
Speaker 4: When you're a girl and you date a guy who's like has a better fashion sense than you, it is nice they can like tweak your outfit. They'll be like, hey, why don't you put on those shoes? And you're like, hold on, why does that work?
Speaker 9: And why do you know that?
Speaker 1: I don't think those guys d crels.
Speaker 10: They do.
Speaker 4: Okay, Halloween is exactly three weeks away, so naturally, right, you release a list of the one hundred best horror movies, so you gotta go check it out. I will give you some of the top five. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is number one on this list. So these are like scary scary movies. Then it's The Exorcist, Psycho, Jaws, and Rosemary's Baby, which I still haven't seen.
Speaker 3: Why is that so scary?
Speaker 1: Because they got away with more in old movies. They oh, thanks, as as much as like technology and CGI and maybe the superhero stuff got better. I don't know that necessarily the horror movies got better. They were what they got away with stuff in old movies. Last House on the Left, You kidding me? What the hell? You could never make that movie?
Speaker 3: No, thank you, I will have nightmares.
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't like that list, I've got an even more and more bid list for you. What song would you want to hear in your final moments? You know, your swan song, your farewell, dear world, your end of life song, Alex, This one's number one, my way, Frank Sinatra, so appropriate. Number two is I Will Always Be by Whitney Houston, and three is the Best by Tina Turner.
Speaker 3: You can go check out the whole list on the music blog page. Those are Houston sidlines. Stop.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, if I go down, I'd be upset if you didn't go to the album twelve Inches of Snow Stop Snow Informer. No, I'd like this play.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna allow that.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure that they play that.
Speaker 1: I'd like this played it get my celebration of life, the great Charge.
Speaker 5: I'll make sure this gets played.
Speaker 1: Buddy, the greatest Canadian rapper of all time? All Right, what do you got?
Speaker 6: In the MLB playoffs? Yesterday, the Tigers shut out the Guardians three to nothing, the Mets eliminated the Phillies, Yankees got by the Royals three to two, and the Dodgers blot the Padres.
Speaker 5: Eight to oh.
Speaker 6: They're gonna play game four of both Alds series today. Tigers play the Guardians at five o eight and the Yankees take on the Royals at seven o eight.
Speaker 5: You can watch both games on tn T and TBS.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night Football, DK Metcalf and the Seahawks host Brock Purty and the forty nine Ers. Kickoff for that game is at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video. And in some Texans news, the team plays wide receiver Nico Collins on injured reserve with a hamstring injury that he suffered on Sunday against the Bills. That means that he's gonna miss at least the next four games of the Texan schedule.
Speaker 5: That just going on. In sports Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ros, The Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five S, The ninety four or five The Buzz guns and roses. Welcome to the jungle. Welcome to the seventh spot, a little jungle in here. We're gonna get you some Tony's tickets later on this hour. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you very much for you just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes. Nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies, highs up around ninety one. I mean, you can't help but feeling just a bit guilty when you see what's going on with Hurricane Milton and this deadly tornado outbreak now and there's twisters and Florida is just a mess right now. Florida is an absolute mess. Somebody said there something else bruined in the gold Front Now, I said, you gotta be kidding me. Check Yeah, yes, definitely so feeling for that. And now that you say that, I do have some Florida friends that I do need to check in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm checking on one of my girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Wow, I do need to do that because in Tampa. Well, guys, you know we're gonna play read my lips next hour. And I ask you all morning long. I asked you all morning long for for suggestions for word suggestions. I got an email here.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 1: The email says, Hi, I'm Amelia, I'm nine. Okay, I'm using my mom's phone. I'm on my way to school right now. I think a good word for read my lips would be I'm not gonna say it. Then she types he he he he he he.
Speaker 9: He he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he Okay.
Speaker 1: And then I saw the phone number was on there, so I don't know if she's still got the mom's phone. Uh, but Chili called, good morning? Who's this? Good morning?
Speaker 10: This is Amanda?
Speaker 1: Is your kid? Is your kid? Amelia?
Speaker 6: She is?
Speaker 1: Is she nine?
Speaker 3: She's nine?
Speaker 1: She sent me a really funny word for read my lips. I'm going to use it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm going to use it for the game. She still she sounded like she was on her way to school. Is she gone? No, we just pulled up. We're sitting off front, so we can't just get here.
Speaker 14: I couldn't believe this.
Speaker 1: Didn't you know that she took your phone? It's funny. She looks like I have a great.
Speaker 4: Word, and I was like, just email rot like I'm kind of joking, not thinking she was going to do it.
Speaker 1: Would you mind if I said hello to Amelia? No, not at all. Here she is please Hello, Hey kid, funny word. I'm going to use it. I'm going to use it for the game today. What time do you start school?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: But I'm going to go to the doctor.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. Oh, I hope everything's good. Ask your mom later if she'll allow you to listen to the podcast. I'm going to definitely use your name because we're not playing Read my Lips until about eight fifteen, so you'll be like in school doing your thing. But I'm going to use it today. I thought it was a great suggestion. I thought it was funny. Actually, I thought you're I think you're really funny.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And you just you said to your mom, Hey, I have a word that I want to send Rod. And I think it's awesome that you took the time to send that to me this morning before school. I'm sure you got a busy busy sounds like you got a really really busy day today. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Do you think your word's good?
Speaker 1: It's really funny. Yeah, it's really good. I can't wait to use it. It's two words, right, it's two words, yes, and don't now, Emelia, don't say it because we gotta wait.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me. I want to guess it.
Speaker 1: I want Who do you think? Do you hope that they guess it? Or do you hope that it stumps them? What's funnier on read my lips? When they don't get it? Or when they do figure it out? What do you think is better? I think they will they will not get it? Okay? And were you hoping for Alex or Tessa to get that word today? Because I know a guy and I could probably shuffle that around a little. Who do you think would? Okay? So who do you think would have a more difficult time with your word? Tessa or Alex?
Speaker 21: Alex?
Speaker 1: Okay? Great?
Speaker 3: Perfect?
Speaker 1: Now you just set him off. You know, you know he's a big baby on these things.
Speaker 5: Were going to glorify that with a response, Rod.
Speaker 1: See now he's mad. Now I got to deal with him, Amelia, thanks a lot, Well, you have a lovely game.
Speaker 3: We'll be here with Alex.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for making Alex all upset. Now I got to deal with him until ten o'clock. He's a maniac. Amelia, thank you for taking the time to email me this morning. I've really enjoyed it. I think you're a really funny kid. All right, thank you, all right, thank you, have a great day. All right, Thanks mom, Amanda, thank you. Sounds like you're doing things right over there, Alex, you're getting her word. You got to get random.
Speaker 5: You always say that's right, you do it right randomly.
Speaker 4: Excuse he's gonna randomly put it down if he draws it for me, and he'll randomly pick it.
Speaker 1: Up random every time before Today, Rock and Alternative to The Rod.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz. Damn, they are pushing the sugar honey iced tea out of that pod.
Speaker 3: They sure do.
Speaker 1: We Hi, Good morning everybody, ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back. I'm glad you're still hanging with us. Do we have any podcasts that represents like the you know, the show or somebody on the show. Do we have anything new up tonight?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: We sure do.
Speaker 1: Right, you're kidding mere, dude. Wow, you're trying something new.
Speaker 6: I'm three new episode number five hundred eighty six out now.
Speaker 5: I'm gon to upload it onto the blocky page six can't wait.
Speaker 1: Six yeah, five hundred and eighty six.
Speaker 16: Talking about is October the worst or best month to be a ghost because it could be annoy right, It's like.
Speaker 5: And then they're like, hey, it's some time, and you're like, hey, I just was hanging out.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do this. I would think that you would be dormant the rest of the year and then that October is your month to shine if you're a ghost.
Speaker 5: Work work, Yeah, you just have people showing up like, hey, scare me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to stare on overtime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like ghosts like putting in the effort. It seems to me like only when they want to coming up, We're gonna do song clips. I've got a pair of tickets coming up for you. But first, what's trending.
Speaker 3: This is not good news for the crocs. This is not good news for the crocs.
Speaker 4: Diatrists chilling kids and teens.
Speaker 3: Have more issues from wearing crocs all day.
Speaker 4: They have like heel and arch pain, they have more hammer toes, there's more blisters.
Speaker 3: But the croc craze they're gotten to the feet of our youth.
Speaker 1: There's no denying the croc is sloppy. Okay, Oh it's it's like it's a sloppy say what slides? Yeah, and all of that stuff. There's no support, Yeah, there's no there's nothing keeping your foot in from just spilling around.
Speaker 3: Even in sport mode. Your your foot is lucy goosey in there.
Speaker 1: I just see kids, it's just your low effort in life. You're wearing that stuff, your low effort. You're just.
Speaker 3: Out the door so quick, like I'm a kid.
Speaker 1: You're the kid.
Speaker 3: Let me grab the easiest shoe to put on so I can go play.
Speaker 1: They're lazy. It's a lazy shoe. It's a very lazy shoe, like the Susan. That's it's a lazy shoe. What's that that's the appeal?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: I don't have to tie these and it's like slacker thing. No.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Vans is more of a slacker.
Speaker 1: No. I think this contributes to poor posture. And now they're saying it's destroying kids feet. There's an article on Links and Guests. I put it up on Links and Guests that or Chilea did.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Ruffiam Doll's retiring. He's a tennis grade. He's a twenty two time Grand Slam champion, and he released a video message this morning saying he's going to retire at the end of the season.
Speaker 3: In the last two years have been really difficult for him.
Speaker 4: He'll make his final appearance for Spain next month at the Davis Cup Finals.
Speaker 3: If you're a tennis fan, you might want to check him out there. Also listen.
Speaker 4: J Lo is not looking for anybody, okay, really, she's I'll look at for her husband.
Speaker 1: Number ten.
Speaker 4: Open up to Nicki Glazer in Interview magazine about work in her personal life, and she shared she's excited.
Speaker 3: About being single. She doesn't want anyone. She followed from divorce for Ben.
Speaker 5: You know, imagine too, all right, and I'll really believe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, she says everything she's done over the past twenty five thirty years, you know, She's like, it's just it's just tying me down. I want to fly on my own. What if I'm just free, she asked, has.
Speaker 5: Been for a large portion of your life?
Speaker 9: We go back.
Speaker 1: She will be married before my contract is up here, she will be married before my contract. It's four years and two months.
Speaker 3: No, just remember her love dokassa thing. That's what's trending. Go on, I for five of us, thank you?
Speaker 11: You like that?
Speaker 1: Bet married, not engaged, married, married, mad age married, mad Aid married mad Aid. She'll be married four years two months.
Speaker 5: And it won't work out.
Speaker 1: I don't give you a guy, Give you a guy that'll take my coin on that.
Speaker 4: She is like the Elizabeth Taylor of my generation and every time it's more compressive than the last.
Speaker 1: Or Kim Kardashian, would you also put her in that class? Married once then?
Speaker 15: Not?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Twice?
Speaker 3: Reggie Bush, Chris, Kanye West.
Speaker 4: Three, that's only three Chris, Chris humfrees, Kanye West and Reggie Bush. Oh and ray J.
Speaker 3: That's four.
Speaker 1: Was she married in her No, I'm.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure she was. She was definitely married to Chris.
Speaker 4: Humphries for like she was married to Chris and Kanye and Kanye, she wasn't married to Reggie Bush.
Speaker 1: I'd like to just add, we are all dumber for this conversation.
Speaker 9: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I grant you no points and may God have mercy on your souls. What are we giving away?
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not heading about prizes. Okay, who is the third.
Speaker 5: Damon Thomas from two thousand and two thousand before she got the.
Speaker 4: Big Let's get away tickets on Today, tickets, Tody's Tickets, House of Blues, I've.
Speaker 1: Got them call her ten gets them? Seven, one, three, two and two, five nine four five song clips for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 7: Next The Rod Ryan Show on NUS.
Speaker 1: All Right, Here we Go ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Evan essence, call me when you're sober. Oh, looking at Girls, Lizzie Hale? Sorry, another great, amazing female rock voice. Lizzie Hale is having a birthday today.
Speaker 3: Ah, she's on the birthfas.
Speaker 1: She's on the Looking at Girls blog page. Yeah, you got a birthday coming up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, that's coming up. I would say, like a freight train down the Okay, four or five?
Speaker 3: Yep, forty five?
Speaker 1: So great when your birthday falls on a Friday or Saturday, it is good. It's awesome, it is good.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go home and do nothing and no one better call me.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's on the phone, Hey, good morning nickers, rob Hi, rob your caller number ten, Allen, what can we give Rob here?
Speaker 4: Well, we have the Tody's tickets at the House of Blues, or we could continue to discuss the lovers of Jalo and Kim Kardashian. It's up to Rob Nah all okay, Okay, then give them their tickets.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Nice. I mean we went we went from crocs to slides, to Kim Kardashian to j Lo. What radio show is?
Speaker 3: What radio show is the best one of all time?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's horrible, It's an embarrassment. I'm sorry, Rob, We'll do better, Okay.
Speaker 5: List it was a pre recorder, all right?
Speaker 1: By Hey, thank you, hang on for me.
Speaker 21: Rob.
Speaker 3: Twenty five is a golden year, they say, you.
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 1: Marilyn Manson was so good live. He looked good, He sounded good, He looked appreciative to be up there on stage.
Speaker 9: He looked good.
Speaker 3: Or did he look scary like he always does?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked really scary.
Speaker 3: Okay, so look piece Manson, But he looked good.
Speaker 5: Doesn't really come to mind, right thinking.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, he looked good. He looked healthy and super scary.
Speaker 5: Okay, healthy demon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen him before.
Speaker 5: Listen he's ready to haunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dude. The dude was in a bad place. I've seen him tripping over himself on stage trying to sing drunk. If you guys have been to going to see it happened more than once him opening up for Rob Zombie. They used tour together and Rob said, I'm not going with you anymore. I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go out with Alice Cooper, who hasn't had a drink in fifty years. You know, I know that guy's going to show up nice and sober. Marilyn looked, sounded great, and I've never seen him so appreciative. He's like, thank you, Houston. He's a monster, you know what I mean. You didn't ever see him smile, and he was enjoying the moment on stage. It was the last show of the tour. He thanked everybody. He said Houston was the loudest on the whole tour with five finger Death Punch, and he just really was feeling the love. Marilyn Manson's got new music coming out. I can't wait to hear it. This is called The Dope Show, And I don't know am I voting for this?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 3: It depends.
Speaker 1: No you're not, so what else you got in that bag?
Speaker 5: I don't think this is your vote.
Speaker 1: This is Satan, this is Jesus. Everybody please welcome Jars of Clay. The song is called flood Let's cleanse that face.
Speaker 19: Hasn't stopped raining for.
Speaker 1: Days appropriate, So they didn't really hide the fact that they were kind of a Christian rock band. Creed Creed were sliding it in on you early on. Yeah, Creed was kind of slipping it in there, and they were kind of like trying to trick you. These guys weren't trying to trick you. It all.
Speaker 3: This is good. I like this the best of Mark Well, but I'm open to change in my mind.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you want to hear something from my favorite lead singer of all times. I mean, this is just this is what I call a humper.
Speaker 3: A humper.
Speaker 1: This is a humper. Chris agrees, this is what Chili's gonna vote for. This is called show Me How to Live. Oh yeah, it's just my favorite guitar player. The voting is correct, favorite singer, favorite guitar player.
Speaker 10: Come on, Fellows, still.
Speaker 1: The greatest rock loss for me ever. I get it when I get these emails talking about Chester and Lincoln Park and what he meant to you and how you connected with him, and how you connected with his lyrics and his voice. This is me hearing this guy's voice. I'm mad. That's it. I'm mad that we can't have it anymore. Although there is going to be another Soundgarden album. It looks like they got everything cleared away with his wife Vicki, and there is going to be a Soundgarden album. I just don't know when. But listen to this Wow cut it out. I guess that's got Alex's vote. Huh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Marilyn Manson in the lead with fifty percent of your vote. Audio Slave show me how to live what you're listening to right now thirty six percent of the vote. Jesus in last place, God Wow Today, Jars of Clay Flood twelve percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: Autumn of the Holy Trinity Today.
Speaker 1: Where do you vote? On the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 20: Hello rod Ryan, it appears to dead are coming back to life and eating the flesh of the livis.
Speaker 1: This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. I always associate that song with the final episode of Seinfeld.
Speaker 9: Do You, I Do?
Speaker 1: I Do? And it's not a good thing. It's not a good thing because that episode was kind of thought of as a huge letdown. I think it's funny. I think it still is a big letdown.
Speaker 5: I'll watched it the other day. It was on Comedy Central. He runs it.
Speaker 9: It's just the show was.
Speaker 1: It was so well written, it was so well done, and you just thought they were going to do something amazing with the ending. And I think that's the bit. And then I'm getting ready to leave New Orleans and it must have been around that time. Well I don't know when Seinfeld ended, but I was going to play that song like on my last song, and some guy sent me an email that day he's like, dude, sorry, you're leaving. Sorry to you know that you're leaving, but I hope you're not planning on playing good Riddance like green Day. Yeah, And you're like, oh, I would never do that. I don't think I didn't have it lined up to play. I know what I did play because I might use it here too. For a second, I thought about playing that, Yeah, He's like, yeah, that would not be very rod Ryan if you took the Seinfeld route.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he reminded you. Oh my god, who you are?
Speaker 1: That email saved my life. Good morning everybody. I hope you are off to an awesome start to your day. I'm giving away a one pair, and Jeremy emailed me again tomorrow. It's like, look, dude, stop telling people that I have tickets, said the opposite. I finally got the memo on Tuesday, and I said, no one else on the staff has tickets to give away. Teresa, Jeremy after us, then Teresa Carrely, they don't have tickets. Okay, you have to win your tickets from us for the rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. I'll have those for you on know the show today. I'll have fifty pair tonight, eight oh one Saint Emmanuel Street, Little Wood, Rose Edo. I know it's going to be a madhouse and then Rosie's going to be playing live. Somebody asked about a cover charge. No cover charge, okay, but it's twenty one and up. The other parties that I've been doing have been all ages type of deals. This is not this is a bar. This is a true twenty one and up party tonight seven to nine fifty pair of tickets given away. We're poor and love Street balled tonight. I've heard everything about winning tickets. I've heard from people that have been all the different chili ticket hits and coming out to all my events that I've done. A guy went through and itemized all the money he spent. He's like, Rod, this is the free show, but I want you to know what I've spent. He like factored in gas money going to all these things, okay, and two hundred and fifty dollars in the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store the day that we were, you know, using that as you know, go in and shop and you got a chance to win tickets.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's got his seats, receipts.
Speaker 1: He itemized everything. He goes, here's what I've spent. Not to mention the hours calling you guys to win these tickets, which is maybe the most valuable time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your time. You can't get that back, Alex. Once you spend it as gone.
Speaker 1: This guy I'm not going to say his name. He just says please read and it's like listen, long time listener, I need your help. Just like everyone else, I've been trying to win these tickets to go to the twentieth anniversary party. I called it so many times. The closest I ever have been is three. I got on the road when Schuley was handing out tickets. I didn't even make it to the freeway last week. He lives in Cyprus. He was on two ninety and he missed the tickets by a few people. So again, this is a really, really long email, but I stuck with it to the point where he said, so, as you can see, I really want to go to the show, but my wife really wants to attend. She's most excited about Blue October. Okay, okay, the Blue October thing is big for people, Okay, to see them in an unplugged setting. He goes on to say so much that she has agreed to have a threesome.
Speaker 9: With Justin.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding so much that she has agreed to have a threesome if I can somehow grab some tickets.
Speaker 19: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you see, Rod, I have extra motivation to attend your party now and only have a few more opportunities left. I need all the good vibes over here. He's coming to Woodrows tonight. Good luck, man, show yourself, okay, show yourself. I need to know what we're working with here.
Speaker 3: I have heard it all.
Speaker 1: No, And I told you guys, I wasn't gonna tell this story on the air. I'm telling it. Well, I'm telling it what I mean, I'm telling it now. Okay, all right, like you're all in on this on the show. I'm not in on this, you are.
Speaker 3: I am sot out on this.
Speaker 1: I made sure everybody was in on it. I thought I had heard everything and seen everything. I wasn't gonna say. We just discussed this ten minutes ago, and I said, I'm not telling you I'm not telling this story on the radio. What am I doing? Old fat mouth over here is telling that story on the radio. I can't keep my lips shut anymore.
Speaker 3: So what's he going to do if he misses out on his little party?
Speaker 1: This Another emailer earlier, when the after the shortly after the announcement of the party, And I've been doing this a long time, twenty years here. But I mean, you know, Buffalo, Buffalo and New Orleans. I've been doing this a long time since Marconi invented the radio. I thought I'd seen everything. I thought i'd heard everything. Guy sent me an email tragic tragedy, says grandmother had just passed away. Went into this long story. She sounds like she was a great woman, right, included the obituary. Okay proof you know, and she sounded like she was a beautiful person. And then the ask came in wondering if I could get a pair of tickets to the twentieth anniversary show. I'm like, dude, I'm real sorry to hear about your grandma, but you know, good luck, there's gonna be a lot of opportunities. This was early on Okay, follow up email of which I sent to every one of you. Yeah, thanks, dude, I sent to every one of you on the show. And he likes being known as the fifth Beatle Wizard. Was in on that. I said, have a look at this. He sent the selfie of him and his dead grandmother in the bed. Couldn't have been sixty pounds. He sent a picture of her, and he's like, the obituary was fine, bro, Yeah, I could not go to my grave being the only person. I wouldn't have believed me. You wouldn't have kept that I was if I was around telling that story. Some dudes say, be a sophie of him and his dead grandma in the in the gurney. I go, I felt horrible about putting you all on it, but I needed to. I needed you to see it. I can't get that image out of my hand.
Speaker 5: I've thought about it probably three days.
Speaker 4: Since it's not like it's not something that you have to go reach back in a file to be like, what is he talking about?
Speaker 3: You know exactly what he's talking about vividly.
Speaker 1: I don't mind. I don't mind taking a few grenades here and there, and I do. Okay, there's plenty of things that go on. You guys don't need to know about it. I don't want to get you upset. Boom, I'll take those. I had to share this one. I had to share this one.
Speaker 4: So how do you feel about the pandemonium? I mean, the parties in two days? I did not get taken two sleeps.
Speaker 3: The parties in two sleeps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll let you know. After I talked to threeesome guy tonight, you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna have okay, okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Guys, tonight seven to nine, A Little Woodress, The Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Bus find the Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday, Oh some Movement. Audio Slave in first place with forty four percent of the boat Marilyn manson The Dope Show forty two percent, Jars of Clay flood, thirteen percent being left in the dust. Two horse race right now, anything could happen. Winning song played at nine thirty. You vote for the song that you'd like played on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com. I know we're getting sidetracked. We're talking with story time and everything else on the show. I need more words. Send me your word suggestions. We're gonna We're gonna play Read my Lips at eight twenty this morning, and right now we have testa telling us about Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hurricane Milton is still a Category one storm as it leaves Florida and heads out into the Atlantic. At last check, Milton was packing eighty five mile an hour wins after leaving a trail of damage across central Florida. Cities on the east coast of Florida are now reporting storm surge, flashing flood, flash flooding, and damaging windsor Dozens of people that have been rescued from Hurricane Milton in the Tampa area. The police chief there says officers rescued several adults and young children, and then at another home, firefighters had to rescue a number of people who had suffered injuries from a fallen train. The Justice Department may ask a judge to break up Google search engine from other parts of its company. Federal prosecutors accused the tech giant of holding an illegal monopoly over the online search game. The DOJ offered several potential remedies that might seek, including restricting the company's use of artificial intelligence to mind other websites to deliver these search results, or blocking Google from paying companies to ensure that Google is a default search engine on technology like iPhones.
Speaker 3: This is something that we need a monitor.
Speaker 4: I think it's the search engine we all use, so it would be something that could affect all of us.
Speaker 5: I know you can like change your searching right if you want. That's what I don't understand, Like just go and be like I would like this one.
Speaker 1: In this country, you're punished for being awesome.
Speaker 9: Well that's what I'm say. What's he to me?
Speaker 1: Everybody who's Google said, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't think like the Justice Apartment, Like, why are you going to use something that we find also beneficial?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I actually, Kenny, I like, go after the things that are a pain in our ass, not the things that are helpful to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like all those spam calls? Could you fix that before you go after Google?
Speaker 10: For real?
Speaker 1: Get rid of all the spam calls, right, Get rid of that asshole that said I needed to go down to the precinct and sign my name. Those guys, Yeah, go find those dudes.
Speaker 4: A photo of a guy working on his laptop at his own wedding reception is going viral. He's the co founder of a tech startup and just needed to hop on a quick call to let an employee get an access code. But people online are saying it is an example of how no one has work life balance anymore.
Speaker 5: What do you guys think? I feel like he had his laptop and was like, yes, and have a picture of me, real fest. I think post this and show that I never stopped the grind, never quit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Britney says it in the song even at your wedding you gotta work. Bitch, Well, you want a.
Speaker 3: Hot body and you know it is Lamborghini. What else did she say? All the things you want? You want a hot body, oh Anna Bazarati. I was like, Limborghini doesn't rhyme with hot body.
Speaker 4: I don't know, honestly, for someone who has a text startup, this wedding should be bigger.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move on to Netflix.
Speaker 4: Okay, the suit's over at Hallmark have to be kicking themselves for not coming up with this idea. Netflix has one of those heartwarming romantic Christmas movies coming soon, called The Merry Gentleman m E.
Speaker 3: R our Wife.
Speaker 4: It sounds like it has everything women generally expecting one of these Hallmark flicks.
Speaker 3: Plus male strippers. What yeah, and Chad Michael Murray is one of them. So it's a big city girl.
Speaker 4: She travels home for the holidays to find that her small town, her parents small town entertainment venue is in financial trouble.
Speaker 3: Her solution an all male review.
Speaker 1: I see you're gonna tell mes Michael Buble is one of the strippers.
Speaker 20: I know.
Speaker 5: I wish.
Speaker 4: Very gentleman Alex Flas mark your calendar and if it is November twenty.
Speaker 5: I'm sure I'm going to be watching it.
Speaker 1: Get Michael Buble away from this filth. Okay, he's so pure, he is so pure, Get him out of this story. He would never loan his music to this. Never talk about Green Day.
Speaker 4: They're celebrating the thirtieth anniversary of their nineteen ninety four album Dookie with a very interesting re release. They are releasing d mastered versions of each song on the album individually. Now each are loaded into an outdated and extremely inconvenient piece of tech. Burnout is on a player piano role, Having a Blast is on a floppy disk, Chump is on a Teddy ruxipin long View is on a door bell, Welcome to Paradise is on a game Boy cartridge, and I could go on and on.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of effort on the band. I think it's a lot of effort too when bands, some of them are putting out stuff on cassette. Yeah, I think kids just want the cassette on a Fisher Prices like you know you're never gonna play it. You just want it on your shelf with your dumb funcos.
Speaker 5: Put on a Furby.
Speaker 3: Stop collecting crap. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, somebody's got a Teddy ruckspin out there still. They could probably more than one. They could probably play it what you got well.
Speaker 6: In the MA playoffs yesterday, the Tigers shut out the Guardians three to nothing, the Mets eliminated the Phillies for to one, Yankees got by the Royals three to two, and the Dodgers left the Padres eight nothing. They're gonna play game four of both Alds series today. Tigers are in take on the Guardians at five, Yankees will play the Royals at seven, and you can watch both of those games on TNT and TBS. On Thursday Night Football, we got DK metcalf and the Seattle Seahawks hosting brock Perty and the San Francisco forty nine Ers. Forty nine ers come into this game as three and a half point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Amazon Prime Video and some Texans news. The team plays wide receiver Nico Collins on injury reserve yesterday with a hamstring injury. He said Sunday, I means he'll miss at least the next four games.
Speaker 5: To the Texans games for.
Speaker 3: A hamstring injury. Tell me about this.
Speaker 4: I thought they had better doctors in the NFL.
Speaker 6: You don't want to brush your back hamstring, hamster, nagging injuries coming back. So you got Stefan, you got Thank you, guys, you're just matchy.
Speaker 1: You're just snubbing this sexiest quarterback list that's on links and guests.
Speaker 6: Wow, it wasn't really sports news, sports blog or it's already got its own thing, and you guys covered it.
Speaker 1: You're just pretending it's not happening.
Speaker 5: Daniel Jones wasn't number one. Dane should have been.
Speaker 1: You're not pretending to cover it. Josh Allen is way too low on the l M. Well, there is a sports blog page, and then there is a sexiest quarterback in the NFL blog page.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the bus Good Morning Rob Ryan Show. That's Lincoln Park and this is throwback Thursday. Audio slaves still in the lead. We did song clips already. Thank you for voting. If you are already have If you haven't, you know you can't really like bitch about the music on the I guess you can bitch about the music on the radio station all you want, I guess you can.
Speaker 3: There is no law against that.
Speaker 1: But Marilyn Manson has retaken the lead. A quick refresh forty two percent Marilyn Manson The Dope Show, forty one percent audio slave, show me how to live. Jesus in the last Place, I'm Jar of Clay, Jars of Clay flood. It's like Jesus in last place. It's Tatan on the top of that heap right now.
Speaker 4: Hey, he's in he's in hot water. Some breaking news that came against him again today.
Speaker 5: Oh no, yeah, you have it right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can pull it up, but it's right here. It's uh Manson sex crimes came down in the wire.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's save that for trending.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, there's just new evidence, new evidence that that that the DA is emerging with in the last few weeks. So he can't seem to shake himself of these accusations, you know, because one one law, one thing will be dismissed, and then another will pop up.
Speaker 1: And when it was a huge deal that five finger death punch took him out on tour, nobody know what to do with Manson. They're like, there's still some stuff, this some unsettled business here. You got me talking about how how Grady was on stage and he was appreciative, and and even five Finger made mention of hey, this is a good guy man. We've known him a long long time. And you know, there was no question we were going to of course, we were going to ask him to go out on tour with Marilyn Manson, you know, I mean, so, yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: There's been a nineteen month investigation into him and it's completed. So now the findings of the investigation are turned over to the DA's office. So we don't know what kind of news we're going to get concerning Manson, but it's it's on the way. And I thought it was interesting that we were talking about him today and then boom, this drops down on the wire.
Speaker 1: You guys both got something to write with and write down something. Yeah, we don't we never came up with a jingle or anything for closest to the Pin, did we?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm still I'm still working on it in the studio.
Speaker 1: It's closest to the pin, close to that pin in front of your buddies, it's closest to the pin.
Speaker 3: That is a fun fact of the day, very similar to that.
Speaker 1: By place right, Alex and Tessa. How many diapers will the average baby go through in their first year? It's not one million? Alex feels like, how many diapers will the average baby go through in their very first year? I need you to write down a number place closest to the pin?
Speaker 3: I mean, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's three hundred and sixty five days in a year. Thank you, You're welcome, so you know it's one today, So don't give don't go sub three sixty five? Okay, please, okay, all right, go ahead. What are your numbers? Please hould one hundred, fifteen hundred.
Speaker 3: For Alex, I put three thousand.
Speaker 1: Uh the average baby we'll use three thousand diapers in their first year? What next number? What is the average it's not a million dollars, Alex? What is the average price per dipeer? What is the average cost per diaper? Man? I should Alex should be cleaning up at this game.
Speaker 5: I haven't had to pay for diapers yet.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you still got them from those showers piper.
Speaker 3: Shower diapers okay, fifty six cents.
Speaker 1: Fifty six cents, Alex, I'm gonna go a buck twenty twenty nine cents. Tessa is the straw.
Speaker 3: I means these your just guesses. Okay, I'm so motherly.
Speaker 5: Here we go call me mother?
Speaker 1: No so and twenty nine cents a diaper? How much will you spend? Quick math? You can't do the math. You just have to guess. You said it was three thousand, and it's twenty nine cents a diaper. What's the number? Write it down, Write it down, Write it down, write it down, write it down. You have to write it down. You can't do it. Don't do the map. Hold your answers up.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even do the math. If we were doing the math, what does.
Speaker 9: It cost me?
Speaker 1: Don't do it, don't do not work it long hand?
Speaker 5: Sixty nine thousands, I don't know. I could just say any number.
Speaker 3: Event thousand, one thousand, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Tessa is leaning up at this game.
Speaker 5: We're just saying numbers.
Speaker 3: I'm mommy, all right, don't say that.
Speaker 1: Let's review end of the game. It's closest to the pin, close to that pin in front of your body. It's closest to the pin. Average diaper cost in twenty twenty four is twenty nine cents. That's if you're buying in bulk. It does add up. The average baby goes through three thousand diapers in their first year. Testa nailed that one, So at twenty nine cents, it's eight hundred and seventy dollars if you're discount shopping. Okay, there are cheaper options out there. Walmart has parents Choice diapers that could be as low as eleven cents a diaper. Or if you want your kid in designer diapers, hello, bellow diapers, they're ninety four cents per diaper.
Speaker 3: Stupid.
Speaker 1: That takes your eight hundred dollars to over two thousand, seven hundred dollars for designer diapers. Come on, I did it, I get it. You got the kids a little bit older, you want to put them in a pair of Jordan's whatever for a picture. That's great designer diapers.
Speaker 5: Wild Oh there are bad diapers. They are really bad diapers. Okay, so you know you know that are the ones I don't like.
Speaker 1: Alex, you got killed at that, kame.
Speaker 5: Oh, look at numbers.
Speaker 1: She's not a year old yet.
Speaker 9: So you don't have right, you're not like me.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to raise your siblings.
Speaker 5: I don't sell you what the cost of diaper is changing.
Speaker 3: Wow, money bag.
Speaker 1: So uh l is four months old, months on the fifteenth, and you are still using diapers that you received as gifts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're that's awesome. We're getting towards the end there.
Speaker 6: And you can also exchange them too, like if you have some that like like if she got too big for other one being able to exchange the Yeah.
Speaker 4: She's a little chunker, dude, she's really cute, really cute.
Speaker 5: She roll over now, she's just crushing up.
Speaker 14: Dude.
Speaker 5: Let it athletes for sure.
Speaker 1: For reading lips, reading the lips in front of your buddies, it's read my lips.
Speaker 3: That sounds AWFU.
Speaker 5: Think you're just doing fun facts for everything.
Speaker 1: I mean it's such a good melody. I mean it could use it for all our games.
Speaker 17: You keep.
Speaker 1: Don't be a pig. Don't be a pig in front of your buddies. It don't be a pig. I mean it works, it works. It kind of works for every game all right. Time to read my lips? Alex is taking on Tessa. Let's keep the good times rolling. Is everybody smiling here? Everybody smiling? Laugh?
Speaker 9: See.
Speaker 1: I tried to create a little levity on the show. I want everyone looks like they're in a good mood. Let's keep it that way. Okay.
Speaker 5: John Mayer's song was levity.
Speaker 1: I just caught you smiling, Alex. Keep it going, the fake smile, keep it going. Coming up, we'll get set up for read my lips. They're gonna try to win your Tom Sigura tickets, Houston's Rock.
Speaker 13: Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The buzz I heard that there's a new Past the Gravy podcast. Listen, I got it, okay, Clark Angel Reese. They're pushing the crap out of that. You got a new podcast podcast, Yeah, one that real people listen to. Okay, is your podcast up on links and desks? Fantastic?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Ladel, Ladel get after the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Well, my computer's freezing, so I guess that's a trend.
Speaker 10: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do have something for you.
Speaker 4: Mountain Dew says they're going back to It's to their roots, like Mountain Dew has been marketed as mtn DO since two thousand and nine, but it's trading its energy style drink packaging for more vowels top of peaceful mountainous backdrop. So Pepsi, which cut its full year revenue outlook this week, wants Mountain Dew to keep up in a growing market of natural sodas like.
Speaker 3: Poppy and olive pop. Have you seen these like little poppy.
Speaker 4: Sodas with probiotic that are supposed to be good for you?
Speaker 3: So they're trying to go back to that.
Speaker 1: I think Seltzer's are probably doing a number on the soda company as well.
Speaker 3: Sparkling water for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they're so they're just gonna go back and they're gonna spell out Mountain on Thedn't They used to have like some hillbilly guy on there too, like a beard. If you if you look at Google and holy probably google Steven Tyler's feet and then google an old bottle of Mountain Dew, and I think there's like some old hillbilly guy on there.
Speaker 3: Not google mountains mouth.
Speaker 1: Also google Vin Spawn's thumb and what else?
Speaker 3: What else should be?
Speaker 1: Google blue waffle?
Speaker 3: Next okay.
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift is donating five million dollars to help communities that are struggling due to hurricanes Helene and Milton. She pledged that it is a it's been a catastrophic storm and it's food, clean water and other supplies. But five million bucks from Taylor Swift there for the hurricane relief.
Speaker 3: Also, lit Biscuit is suing Universal Music Group. They are accusing the label with holding royalty from olymp Biscuit from this band for years.
Speaker 4: They released six album on that label, six albums on that label from nineteen ninety seven to twenty eleven, but Fredder says.
Speaker 3: They have not seen a dime in years.
Speaker 4: So they filed this this weekend and the band is seeking two hundred million dollars from Universal.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending.
Speaker 1: On ninety four five to the Buzz, one of our listeners had me, had me google Liam Neeson pizza's pants. I think it happens a lot, do you guys. I mean, I would never he's a tough dude. I would never even say anything about it. But I think Liam Neeson pieces.
Speaker 4: Pants alone and the toughest of us a half bladder problems.
Speaker 1: I have a certain set of skills, and I pissed my pants, but I will I will find you with pissed pants and all. Yeah, it's an interesting Google search. Uh, you guys are playing. See Alex is laughing again. He is smiley today. He's in a great mood. Could you please stay in a good mood? Maybe? All right? Do you want Alex or do you want Tessa? They're gonna try to win you. Tom Sagora tickets seven one three, two one two five, nine four five Call the timekeeper.
Speaker 7: Now The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's the Red Hot Chili Peppers. But you probably already knew that. Welcome to Throwback Thursday. The Rev. Marilyn Manson is in the lead right now, followed by Audio Slave, then Jars of Clay Chili. What did you vote for? Audio Slave? Yeah, I'm gonna go for an audious slave on that one. You're big Tomarello guy, Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's a rocking song.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: It is a great song. It's a humper. It's a humper, not a.
Speaker 3: Night inch nails humper.
Speaker 1: But you can hump. I know you hump ten chance guys, Sonny hie around ninety one. I can see the words coming in for next week. Already Chili Humper, Thumper, Chili the thumper, humper. Time to read my lips. I got Tessa versus Alex. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Tessa seems like she's in a good boat. He's already shifted, he already shifted.
Speaker 3: The dark night has entered. He is vengeance green.
Speaker 1: Look at me. Shuffle the words. I don't know where Amelia's word is going. You shuffling, shuffling, shuffling. Every We had a nine year old on this morning, Amelia, and she sent in a word and we called her on the air. I told her how I thought she was a cool kid. I thought she was a funny kid. I said, I'm gonna use your word. She's like, okay, thanks, don Lucidad or something. I'll be in school Lendham did London lucibet. Yeah she lost a bed in school or something.
Speaker 20: Kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a little older than London. She was nine, right, I think, yeah? I who is maybe this good? Is there a good chance of that? Who won last?
Speaker 4: Not me?
Speaker 3: I haven't won nineteen forty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's meet who's playing?
Speaker 5: I was we playing?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: We let's say how to Neil? Neil?
Speaker 9: Like him?
Speaker 1: Neil the real deal? Who's playing for you today? True? Okay, all right?
Speaker 5: I like Neil's fast.
Speaker 3: Because he was available like I was worried about it.
Speaker 1: Carson Cash, Good morning, Carson, Good morning, sir. Hello Carson, welcome to read my lips. And you are on team tessad sure, and I did pick you?
Speaker 6: See?
Speaker 3: Is he lying Chili?
Speaker 1: No, he did pick you? Okay, good Alex. What do you want to do? You're the returning champ, Tessa?
Speaker 5: What would you like to do?
Speaker 3: I would like to do whatever you want, Alex.
Speaker 1: Guys today, why.
Speaker 5: Do you go first?
Speaker 1: Okay? Shuffling you?
Speaker 5: Those are marked cards?
Speaker 15: I know?
Speaker 4: Hello, Red dot House always way, he knows?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: I know he's a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Tessa's now putting on a different pair of headphones. She will not be able to hear my voice. You guys still listening to uh, what's the band Madison?
Speaker 5: John Sultan's Curse? It really ruins your algorithm.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to this song now for what eight years.
Speaker 6: Dina and I found it because we would try and find like a topical song, but then a lot of songs have.
Speaker 5: Pauses in them, and then you're like, well if I heard that part of it and word.
Speaker 1: This song is just like a wall of sound.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's lot stream at you the whole time.
Speaker 1: Do you like this song at all? I don't.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell you very much about it.
Speaker 1: You can turn it ont focused on interesting. Okay, I've learned to load it. You like it especially when I win? Okay, all right, here we go. Everything's been shuffled here, Tessa's got the headphones. I got three words. Hey you're the timer. Yeah, let's rule. So twenty seconds right after I say the word thumbs up, there we go. Chris sai this one and thank you Chris. By you monster you peach you by you, monster.
Speaker 9: By you?
Speaker 19: Monster got Youku.
Speaker 1: By you, Monster by you, Bungeie by you bie monster by you, monster by you, bunching by you? What the hell is that? Inspired? Inspired by Alex? He probably wanted to get it and didn't get it. By you monster by you like what you caught your dad caught it? By you monster?
Speaker 5: Okay, it sounds like on the weekend.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a roller derby team by you monsters. Oh yeah, all right, here we go. Uh Chris D.
Speaker 5: Sent this in up thumbs up, dumbs up.
Speaker 1: I think this is a layup.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Sparkle smash, sparkle smash. That was an easy one.
Speaker 5: Huh yeah, that was easy, got it?
Speaker 1: Got it? Okay, look what we have here? Oh, sweet little nine year old Amelia's word. It looks like Uncle Alex is not getting it today. It looks like he's going to be heavy and he may wish he got it. Yeah, this is the gal we had on this morning. She said this one in she she got her mom. She got a hold of her mom's phone on the way to school, and she emailed me, all right, here we go thumbs up, thumbs up. Chicken but what chicken? But chicken butt?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 3: Why it's six expletive?
Speaker 1: I was sweet Amelia's Amelia. Yeah, I only took you seven seconds to get it.
Speaker 3: Alex would have never gotten that, Amelia, not a million years.
Speaker 5: I would have stained from.
Speaker 3: Nine years old. I will not be yessing that one.
Speaker 5: I just glad that you got it.
Speaker 1: Cool work from a very cool check Alex would have been mad.
Speaker 4: The fact that nine year olds can email, like I took a class to learn how to email.
Speaker 3: What I was in high school?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Alex now is uh.
Speaker 9: It's so good?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My first email was at Buffalo State College on the intro net. Yeah, I didn't understand it. Mean, where's the mailbox?
Speaker 9: Makes sense?
Speaker 1: Where I looking? I'm looking stamps?
Speaker 11: What are you?
Speaker 4: What are you talking?
Speaker 3: Looking for avenue for my mail postage?
Speaker 1: All right, Alex has had ones on. He can't hear me anymore. Penny Penny sent this one in Penny Penny Lane, thumbs up.
Speaker 15: No treats what No treats go streak, No treats, no streaks, no treats, go strings. No treats, no treats, no streaks, no treats, no shrieks, streets, no treats.
Speaker 1: Come on, there is no treats. I don't know what that means. Oh, Chilli, you you wouldn't have got that either, Yeah, none, it was got it.
Speaker 3: From you, Chile.
Speaker 1: You know what he's gonna say, I am a treat He's gonna say I didn't say it on purpose from my from my brother. That jackass is going to try to say something and stupid. Here we go. He's not a good mood anymore. Great, Look what you did, Jesse Sanchez, Dirty Sanches.
Speaker 14: Stripper tipper, triple double stripper, tripple dipper, stripper, stripper, tipper, triple nipple stripper, tipper, stripper, tipper, triple dipper, stripper, tipper stripper.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you got to Rys.
Speaker 1: Yes, you just one.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Believe it, testa one?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 1: You don't thank me?
Speaker 9: Tip.
Speaker 1: I think that was meant for Chili's week. Yeah, stripper Tipper tests a winner, I am.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: It's Carson.
Speaker 4: Carson gets the tickets to see Tom Sagara April fifth.
Speaker 9: You win.
Speaker 3: I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, buddy. I mean we have time to play a song and everything. Yeah, you were rushing us. Did we even play the game today?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, have a great time. Tom Sagara tickets go on sale tomorrow through Ticketmaster at ten am. We'll have another pair tomorrow before they before they hit the web.
Speaker 11: Is right Ry Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Did Francis Bean Cobaine recently just get married, right.
Speaker 3: She did to Tony Hawk's kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean two super forces coming together. It's almost not fair if they if they decide to have children, gee whiz. I mean, well you're expecting greatness out of that child with those g.
Speaker 3: With those genes.
Speaker 4: But there are forces of yeah, like genetically speaking, and then they both have a lot of money. But I'm not like necessarily, I think there's so impressed with.
Speaker 1: I think there's a genius to Tony Hawk. I really do, not only athleticism, but how he has expanded his brand and and how he has kept things going. And when he came out with those those skateboards, he obviously had some great coaching, He had some great people around him. You know what he came out with those those skateboards. He was still a kid that he had his own brand and everything, and then somehow, you know, he made it through. Tony Hawk is one of those rare I get it. He wasn't on a sitcom. The sitcom kids never make it. But whatever, Tony Hawk, he was so famous at such a young age. He is maybe the most well adjusted famous person that started out as a child star evermus his kid but I'm talking, but I'm saying because obviously there's genius with not so much Courtney Love, but dad is a bit of a genius. And I also think Tony Hawk is a genius. So you have their two kids now, could be possibly making a kid out of that.
Speaker 4: The genetic pool is definitely strong and as crazy quote unquote crazy as Cordy Love is, I think you disregard her genius a little more important?
Speaker 3: Is she someone who's just.
Speaker 1: A little because your grandma could derail that kid.
Speaker 3: No, grandma's gonna Grandma's gonna make sure that kid just fine. Yeah, great genetic pool.
Speaker 1: Hey, grandma'said, bring the kid over for the weekend. Nah Nah, not yet.
Speaker 4: I think how well adjusted Francis is a testament to like, Okay, here's mom, here's mom, bring that kid over here, gonna put me.
Speaker 1: In check, bring that kid over here.
Speaker 5: Come on, give grandma a big hug, Come on, give grandma kiss.
Speaker 3: Strong women you create, they raise strong women.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Amelia chicken butt. I don't think I won't be calling my kids chicken but all weekend.
Speaker 9: Give them.
Speaker 4: You know, I was a little worried about Amelia's submission but chicken.
Speaker 1: Butt funniest word. Strong Crystal said, OMG, that was hilarious. My kids used to say that all the time. They are now pre teens and teens, and sometimes it still comes out. So glad you guys talked to Amelia on the phone. Great job to her mom. Shout out to her mom as well. All right, thank you Amelia for making the show better. Absolutely made the show better today. I hope you're making plans to come see me tonight eight oh one Sat. Emmanuel Street. We're in Ito East downtown, Little Wood Rows seven to nine. It's a twenty one on up party. That's the clutch thing to remember here because the other parties I've done, you've been able to bring the kids out, and this one you can't. No kids after seven o'clock at Little Woodrows. I got fifty pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Okay. People are sending me pictures of their dead grandma to get into this thing. Oh just check the check, check the podcast. So I'll see you out there. Rosie's performing live. I don't know what else to tell you about it. It's just not a first come, first serve basis. Like what the Chili has been doing. This is a show up. Get your name in the box and then we'll draw names between seven and nine. Okay, radio advertising works. So I heard a commercial on this radio show and on this radio station. I never ever bring this up, and I should, and I know Paul's gonna love this break. But when you hear people sponsoring the show, especially when you hear us doing like what we call live endorsements and stuff, those are the people that keep the show on the air.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'd love for you to visit all the things at Tessa and alexand myself we talk about that helps us out, you know, if you can, if you need those services, take a look at them, the ones that we mentioned. I heard an Alto commercial on the buzz. I downloaded the Alto app. I will be arriving tonight in my Alto and and I'll let you know how it goes. Now, listen, I'm a fan of Uber. I never really ever downloaded the Lift app for whatever reason. I just knew Uber fine whatever, and something about this Alto and the cars smelling so good and the professional drivers and having their own cars, and I'm just gonna try it out.
Speaker 3: My cousin Joey messaged me.
Speaker 4: He goes, hey, Tessa, what's that ride service Ron's I was talking about?
Speaker 3: And I go, I think it's alto ye and us. Okay, I'm gonna give you that a try right now.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, I mean radio talking about on the radio does have that effect.
Speaker 1: And so there was also a thing when I after I signed up, It's like, where'd you hear about us? Even when I didn't hear about it, I was clicked if there's a radio option, I was got to like give a little plug for like your radio. Obviously obviously radio advertising works all right. So I'll see you guys out there tonight.
Speaker 20: Houston Hoss Alternative and tell them of the Ron Ryan Morning shown the Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, the Buzz, Shine Down, Dead, don't Die. If you'd like to see them unplugged this Saturday at the car Box Brewery. One of your absolute last chances is tonight at Little Woodrows between seven and nine. I got fifty pair of tickets are going to be given away between those two hours. Rosie's going to be performing live eight o one Saint Emmanuable Street. Tell your ride share driver that's the address. Get you there safely and home safely and come to a little partying with us tonight. Okay, okay. Ronan Walker Cobain Hawk is the offspring of Tony Hawk's kid and Kirk Cobain's.
Speaker 3: Kid, Franzis Walker.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ronan Walker Cobain Hawk the first child of Tony's son Riley and his wife Frances Bean Cobain, daughter of Kirk Cobain and Courtney Love. So they already have a kid. So that kid's just superpowers, superpowers coursing through that kid's body. Let's go Houston's headlines please.
Speaker 4: Hurricane Milton is still a Category one storm as it leaves Florida and heads out into the Atlantic. Milton made landfall last night as a very powerful Category three hurricane just south of Sarasota. Several deaths have been reported where a tornado destroyed everything. Search and rescue teams are still going through the rubble. It continues to create dangerous condition along Florida's eastern coast. There, a judge is calling on lawyers for Sean Diddy Combs to knock it off with the bail. Appeals Court documents show that he well his defense filed a third attempt to get him out of the detention center there in Brooklyn on Tuesday. They cited appropriate bail conditions. They said Combs wouldn't threaten the community. They said he should be spared from the harsh conditions before his trial begins. But according to new court papers obtained by The Mirror, the new judge in the case has told the court to terminate the defense's requests ahead of his next court appearance, which I think is today.
Speaker 3: So that's your Diddy update there, All right?
Speaker 4: Well, I thought we decided we were going to go with other music for this story because it is a quarterback story.
Speaker 3: It is an NFL.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Going to leave.
Speaker 4: You've been wondering to yourself self, who is the sexiest quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 3: You don't have to choose because People magazine has ranked them for you.
Speaker 4: They have a list of the twelve sexiest qvs and Joe Burrow, not surprisingly is number one.
Speaker 1: You know who Chile has a man crush on. No, Jalen Hurts. Is he on the list?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know what, Jalen Hurts is number nine. I think Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: I think he would maybe miss Christina or maybe even himself a pass to spend some time with Jalen.
Speaker 3: One of my dear friends, Emily.
Speaker 4: I remember when Jalen got drafted and was in the spotlight. My friend Emily vested me.
Speaker 1: She says he's very handsome.
Speaker 3: I would drink Jalen hurts his backward. Yeah, he is very attractive.
Speaker 9: On the list.
Speaker 1: But you know what, Jimmy g not on this list.
Speaker 3: Our boy CJ not on this list.
Speaker 1: I was Garoppolo not on the list? I mean real, huh? Was it only starting quarterbacks? I guess yeah. It looks like everybody's a starter on there.
Speaker 5: Russ got benhed that he's injured.
Speaker 3: Look, brock Parties on this list.
Speaker 1: He's a starter.
Speaker 6: He's that cute rock party looks exactly like I would imagine, like black guy looks like a nice guy to bring home to your daughter.
Speaker 1: Like he looks like that generic got Joe Flacco.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, but with the beard that guy g Josh Allen getting snubbed at number eight, number eight.
Speaker 3: Daniel Jones not on the list out of everyone. All right, let's switch. You don't like that list.
Speaker 1: I got to hate that list.
Speaker 3: Halloween is exactly three weeks away.
Speaker 4: So Variety released a list of the one hundred best horror movies Texas Chainsaw Massacre number one.
Speaker 1: Not Hubie, not Hubby. These are like real, These are like I was scary.
Speaker 3: You will not watch these with a child. You should not be doing that.
Speaker 4: The Exorcist, which gave me nightmares, will still give me nightmares if I let it.
Speaker 1: That was a good story the other day too. Your aunt's made you got you to watch older cousins, Old older cousins.
Speaker 3: They were like test to get out of here.
Speaker 5: I was like, no, I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: And then I had Night Nurse Psycho number three and then Rod your your movie Jaws, the one you.
Speaker 1: That's a horrible taken to It's the scariest thing ever.
Speaker 3: Four Rosemaries maybe number five. All right, you can go read the whole list if you are a psycho and you want to watch these.
Speaker 1: All right, one more.
Speaker 4: List before we go. It's a very morbid list. But what song would you want to hear in your final moments? Your salt, your swan song, your your end of life? Jam Alex. A thousand people shared their loved ones bucket kicking song request and this was number one.
Speaker 3: Frank Sinatra My way. Yeah, do you think that's the best one? I like, I like number two.
Speaker 1: It's almost this is too obvious. I think you know it's too obvious. I would like.
Speaker 16: Everything, don't stop believing, but I wanted to be stopped at the exact part it was in Saanas.
Speaker 3: Well that's not on top ten. You do have, Hey, Jude the Beatles, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: No, it's very specific, not juice.
Speaker 3: I don't just want to have fun. Number five is okay?
Speaker 1: Can I ask you? You have the list? Yeah? The place is where we go when with great For some reason, this guy did not make it here in the States. He is huge, huge in England. Robbie Williams. Do you know this song? He's on the list?
Speaker 6: I saw him Angels, Yes, number six, the song's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Number six going, I'm Lying and mumby.
Speaker 5: Dead, don't Die. I shined down Zombie by the Clambers.
Speaker 3: Should have been a cowboy Toby trying to have a nice conversation right here from my horses, Really Nelson to.
Speaker 1: Retext shock guys, play this at my funeral. No, I'm playing so many requests. Play this and then Motorhead Ace of Space, No. Snow and snow.
Speaker 5: I was I promised you snow already. I can't promise you two things.
Speaker 1: Why is this song not huge?
Speaker 3: Well, it starts here so cool.
Speaker 5: I'm a bummer.
Speaker 1: What you got over there? Well?
Speaker 6: In the mb playoffs yesterday, the Tigers shut out the Guardians three to nothing, the Mets eliminated the Phillies four to one, Yankees got by the Royals three to two, and the Dodgers blew out the Padres eight nothing. We're gonna play game four of both Alds series today. Tigers against the Guardians is gonna start at five, and the Yankees take on the Royals at seven.
Speaker 5: You can watch both games on T and T and TBS.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night Football, we got dk metcalf from the Seattle Seahawks hosting brock Purty and the San Francisco forty nine Ers. Forty nine Ers are three and a half point favorites as of right now. Kickoff is at seven fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video and some Texans news. The team plays wide receiver Nico Collins on injured reserve with a hamstring injury he suffered on Sunday against the Bills. That means he's gonna miss at least the next four games h to this season, but hopefully heals.
Speaker 5: Up and he'll be back better than ever four weeks, better plays fine does what's.
Speaker 1: Going on in sports? I wonder if Robbie Williams kind of looked like an old man when he was young. I get an old man face. Yeah, and I think, you know, some of that stuff matters in pop music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta be hot. Do you know what d cheer?
Speaker 1: Now that I'm thinking about it, I watched the documentary on him, and it's like he's still sitting around going, how come I'm not huge in the States. The sounds massive.
Speaker 5: Worry about it, Williams.
Speaker 1: Davy me, Okay, there's no Harry Styles without Robbie Williams.
Speaker 3: Alex eject this.
Speaker 1: Man ages instead, really beautiful, beautiful breakdown right here, Houston.
Speaker 20: Rock Houston's alternative and tell him about the rod Ryan Morning shown the.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show Incybyss. Nice to know you. Welcome to the nine o'clock hour. We got a chance for you to score some alternative and come, how about a thousand dollars We'll get your word. Then you have to go hit us up on the website. You'd be logging onto the buzz dot com if you want a chance to win, Go get that money. Go get that money. And you know, we make no mistake about this. It's a national contest, so I don't know. We've got eight hundred radio stations that are all running around. It makes us look good if we get some local winners. Wizard the same, it makes him look good. He wants you to try to win this cash. All right, so be listening. That's coming up. In just a moment. I'll have it for you real quick. I'll have it for you. Ten percent chance of rain Sunny's guys today, highs of around ninety one. Lots of stuff for you on links and guests as always the sexiest NFL quarterbacks. There's nonsense like that on there. The Ron Ryan Show cares online store. Great things that are on there. Information about the golf tournament that's coming up, which I still need some sponsorship. I still need some sponsors. I still need some help with that. I got three things you must see today. What the bro test is?
Speaker 3: I think so it's when you ask girls words that they shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Know not so much words. It kind of went viral this summer, and I just I do find them entertaining and they do kind of seem real. I'm okay with their different with their being differences. I'm I don't know, I'm weird in this day and age. I'm really okay with there being differences between men and women. Yes, girls and boys. I'm super okay with us just being wired differently. Okay. So a bro test would be a bro test would be you don't even see gender, have like your wife or your girlfriend, like, have some items laid out at a table and say, okay, pick up item number one, okay, and it might be a Makita drill or maybe you're more of a dewault guy, okay, or Milwaukee. You pick up the drill, and a woman will pick up the drill and she'll just hold it like like oh she won't won't, but she won't go this is right, okay. So a woman will pick it up and just okay, why are you having me do this? And the guy's filming, so like, go ahead, put that down all right now. Go grab item number two and it might be like a baseball, Okay, she won't toss it so will pick up a baseball and should just be like, okay, I'm holding it. What do you want me to do? Now? Do what ever feels natural. No, I'm just holding a ball. You're making me hold this ball. She's not like lining up her fingers. She's not doing a fake pitch, she's not tossing it around a little bit, she's just holding it. And then item number three might be a pair of tongs.
Speaker 3: She won't click them.
Speaker 1: And to see a woman pick up a pair of tongs and not click them even one time, just right there, right there, if you need one argument that there are just rock solid differences between men and women. When a chick picks up a pair of tongs and doesn't go click click, like even one click, it's okay to be different. It's okay. The protest is really really funny to me. St well, uh, they've been around for a little bit, but I got it on three things you must see. There's gotta be someone out there that hasn't seen it. I have not seen you've not seen this. Oh my god, they're so funny.
Speaker 5: You're funny, excited? Check this out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the loaf of bread.
Speaker 5: They'll be she started just baking.
Speaker 1: Well, there'll be a loaf of bread, and some people will just I'll do this when when there's not much, but you can't do it when it's a full loaf. But if it's a half loaf and you don't have the twist tie, do you twist twist, twist the plastic and then bring the plastic over like you're doubling over the bread. That keeps it fresh for me. But they'll have people with a with a little twist tie or a clip right there and they'll still just tied in a knot or whatever. It's interesting. Spin the head and then yeah, it's been the hell lot of twist t I got it, and then just kind of like set the bread on top of it, hoping the weight of the bread keeps twist.
Speaker 5: Pretty solid logic.
Speaker 1: The weight of the bread doesn't keep the twist, Alex, I don't do that, but I get the logic behind it, because this is pretty much the same thing. Okay, protest on three things you must see today? All right, Alex, never seen it. I'm very surprised at that. For five the Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's show. It is throwback Thursday, guys, here's what you're voting on. Pretty good voting day too.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 1: We're doing over two thousand votes. That means we got some good music in there, So thank you for voting. Everyone that has Jars of Clay out of it, they are out of it at this point. I mean a miracle would need to happen, but they got Jesus on their team. True, So I guess I guess I shouldn't say out of it, but out of it. Audio Slave forty four percent of the vote, Show Me How to Live, Marilyn manson The Dope Show forty seven percent of the vote. Three percentage points separate first and second place. I don't know what song is gonna get played at nine thirty, but your votes will determine it.
Speaker 12: Online Spirlis Online ninety four five The muzz If you did need.
Speaker 1: Like for God to show himself. If Jars of Clay comes away with the win, I don't think any of us can ever question anything again.
Speaker 5: If not, then do we doubt God.
Speaker 1: I think He's got other things to worry about it. Maybe I was just asking the questions. It's been a while since I've seen a sign from him. So if you get Jars of Clay in first Place. I will see you in the pews on Sunday.
Speaker 5: If you can also have the Yankees.
Speaker 1: I will be there banging my head.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you could hear me.
Speaker 1: All Right, what do you got?
Speaker 6: I got celebrity prosthetics that we're going to be looking at today. These are some celebrities that have worned prosthetics and movies and TV shows that we didn't know about, and they're sharing that they did.
Speaker 1: The one that I know of. Tell me, do you know what you What I'm going to tell you is it's not like a real easy one like, oh, Rod's gonna bring this one up, Mark Wahlberg and books nice Okay.
Speaker 3: Last I knew that's what you were going to bring up.
Speaker 1: You're a star. I'm a star. I'm a star. I'm a star, A great, big, shining star.
Speaker 6: But yeah, there's a lot of people that wear that do wear fake Penis Is, the dude that looked like James Franco that wasn't James Franco and Wild or White Lotus season two, Yeah Penis really yeah, Aubrey Plaz's dude really yeah Penis, and then uh in Fargo, John Hamm or fake nipples pierced nipples and his character in the show did not, so they had to make.
Speaker 1: Stop John ham apparently he has he has pierce nipples. Can you not take him off for the role?
Speaker 5: I guess not.
Speaker 6: But they have to like weave it, like they have to put through another prosthetic and then put a prosthetic over the prosthetic that they put over his Nipples's pretty cool, and they explained how they did all this nissy nash from from Reno nine one one fake but the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah bek to John ham Pre's snips. That guy's got a hammer on him, like that's his hammer. Yeah yeah, yeah, go go google him in like Khakis, I'm not gonna google anything. That's a good one, John Hamm and Khakis google that.
Speaker 5: Don't go University of Texas.
Speaker 3: I don't want to fill my head with luss.
Speaker 1: You'll be thanking me to your last breath.
Speaker 5: To celebrity prosthetics.
Speaker 6: You might not have known about it the world from this rod Ryan Show pages by is dot com.
Speaker 1: All right true first.
Speaker 23: Show on Live.
Speaker 1: US, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's green Day. You've been talking about green Day this morning. Kind of a silly story that's kind of cool. They're releasing some I guess outtakes and things from the Dukie album. They're celebrating some sort of anniversary for that. It might be thirty years and uh, the medium that they're putting the tracks on are just the weirdest things ever. Like one song is going to be made available via a Teddy ruckspin. I don't have time to explain what it's Addy Ruxman is right now, but yeah, it's just the physical formats that they're putting the songs out on. They've really like a like a player piano role is one of them, and it's just the weirdest thing ever. I imagine these things are highly limited. As a matter of fact, it might be one of each that will be made available. You can go if it's something that you if you just want to get everything green day and you're just obsessive about these things, then yeah, but I think you would buy it and put it on the shelf. I think I said next to your funkos, which I was told by former intern Michelle, stop calling funkos dumb.
Speaker 4: If that's what you're whatever, you want to, just send your money and collect and hoard and just whatever makes you happy.
Speaker 1: Over funkos all day. All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna refresh this one final time. Jesus did not appear on LinkedIn Guest Today to save Jars of Clay, but Jesus may have interacted and did not want Satan to win. Marilyn Manson Insane in Place with forty four point h two percent of the vote. Audio Slaves Show Me How to Live forty five point six seven. Maybe Jesus did have something to do with that.
Speaker 3: Enjoy mom, It's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 1: Here's your throwback Thursday winner. On ninety four.
Speaker 5: Five, The firs.
Speaker 22: Were long mon.
Speaker 21: Philosophy sing sless was now listen.
Speaker 23: He was stephone him so mean a prince to com moments to finding him is past to cares decide.
Speaker 1: Is from.
Speaker 22: S fum.
Speaker 18: So we have to better for quiet.
Speaker 22: You says a man that you made a.
Speaker 18: Man you better, and goes again from quum sooying hands.
Speaker 22: I will lam.
Speaker 18: Out of masseskin.
Speaker 22: In your fine.
Speaker 18: I will stand d to me, game.
Speaker 22: Rad to me, Rad to me, game h to gaz.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 18: Queen Show.
Speaker 11: Show The Ride Ride Show celebrating twenty years there's ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five of us, ninety four five The Boss, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, that's either and Amy Lee broke in. And then before that we heard Audio Slave. What a great song. I really did. I liked all three songs today and it was a great day. Thank you guys for even checking it out. We wound up getting I'm not saying it's a record, but I am saying that two six hundred and fifty seven votes is a lot. It's one of our top vote getters of all time. There was that one week, right, Wizard will show Us, Wizard will show Us, and we have four thousand votes for one of them. Yeah, and then there's not even a three thousand vote day. Right then he has the numb Then the other top tier stuff is like today's twenty six hundred. That might be two three four top vote day for Throwback Thursday. Just that one weird day there was four thousand votes. I don't know if somebody figured out how to hack or that was just you guys liked those songs that much. Thank you, Thank you for going over to links and guests and checking out all that stuff. I just took a look at the Carrie Underwood story from yesterday. One hundred and sixty seven thousand times. That blog page has been visited.
Speaker 3: Now, that is insane that that could be the blog page of the year.
Speaker 1: That huh, yeah, it could be the busiest blog page. One hundred and sixty two thousand, one hundred and eighty five page views yesterday. Every The title is every time the Sunday Night football theme airs, Carrie Underwood makes a million dollars. I guess it's the true number two. So it's good that we're not getting busted putting crap out there. She just made a lot of money to do that. That was the story yesterday, just happened to go viral. It's great, that's great, love that stuff. I wish my company cared about web hits. They don't really care about that anymore.
Speaker 16: He kind of realized me like one, and they were like, no, yeah, we were. Oh, rod Ryan's so good at it. Actually never mind.
Speaker 1: They just yeah, They're like, we're not even gonna look at those anymore.
Speaker 3: Not a big deal.
Speaker 1: All right, what are you giving away? I know the show?
Speaker 3: So I'm left these passes. Oh, your party this weekend. It's The rod Ryan Show twenty ten niversary party.
Speaker 1: It's on Saturday. It's at the Carbock Brewery. And Jeremy doesn't have tickets. Teresa does not have tickets. Caro Lee Killer, she's a killer and she doesn't have tickets. Okay, this is the only g this is the only game in town. All right, so I know the show, then the fifty pair tonight at Little Woodrows, and then a six pack with every case of beer. We're done, we're closing the books and we're just then the party starts. Those are your chances to win tickets. Good luck, hou.
Speaker 11: Houston's Alternative All Day and the rod Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 1: The bus ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. Wrapping up a throwback Thirday. A couple of people emailed me. Shane was maybe first though. He said that day that Throwback Thursday had over four thousand votes. That was Kate Bush Metallica.
Speaker 5: Right, that was before you had like the cap on like you could only vote no.
Speaker 1: That was using this system that was using right before. You know, all these numbers are using the the polling tool that that that I pay for now for links and guests. So did we do all stranger things? Because it was Metallica.
Speaker 5: Maybe that was just popular. Then I can't remember the third one.
Speaker 1: I think we had the two Stranger Thing songs going against one another. It was Kate Bush Running Up That Hill and Metallica Master of Puppets. Yes, and then I can't think of another Stranger Thing song. I don't know if it was just some Randoms wizard has it. He's sending it. We'll get three to one, check your bugs. Maybe it was Jars of Klay Week's huge songs. All right, rod Ryan Show, twentieth Anniversary party tickets the winner of Know the Show Today? What's your question?
Speaker 4: Well, I just want to know why one of our listeners is really like it's so important for him and his family to get a ticket to your show, to get a ticket to the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 9: Like he really really.
Speaker 3: Wants to go, but his wife said if he gets tickets.
Speaker 1: She's the big Blue October fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, what is at stake for one of our listeners here?
Speaker 1: She promised him something she did tell you said he's coming tonight.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 3: Good luck to him.
Speaker 1: I want to meet him.
Speaker 10: I know you do.
Speaker 1: I want to meet him both.
Speaker 10: I know you do.
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two, one two nine five.
Speaker 12: Ron Ryan, Ron Ryan Warning ladies, he's been looking at those pumpkins on your porch all year long.
Speaker 1: Happy Halloween.
Speaker 12: From The Ron Ryan Show, ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Let me Cravitz fly away. That's basically gonna kind of musically cap off the show today. Well, I'm gonna put something else in here. Ba uh uh uffuh. Make sure that's good. It is okay, guys, time for another show. Then we gotta get out of here. Is now time for Know this show? On ninety four five The buzz I just said that.
Speaker 17: Lalla la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la.
Speaker 21: La la la.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show? Do did you did you do?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Hey, it's Walter, Hi Walter, Welcome to Know the Show, Tessa. What's your question, man Walter?
Speaker 3: What did one of our listeners?
Speaker 4: What was he promised by his wife if you could just get his hands on some tickets to the twentieth Anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Sex. I'm not going to accept that. No, I am not going to accept that answer. Anybody it's one.
Speaker 3: There's one answer.
Speaker 1: There is one answer, and anybody could have guessed that, like, oh, I bet you the guy is going to get a little leg, you know, if he gets if he gets tickets. No, it was specific, and this is a big ticket. It was specific what he said in his email. Hey George, this was right around the time. Oh, this was right before I told you the dead Grandma story.
Speaker 3: That's right, Okay, the email of the picture.
Speaker 1: This too, also an email? What was some one of our listeners was promised something if he gets tickets to the anniversary show by his wife. What was he promised? Albeit? And I understand if you really want to get technical, like, hey, Walter is going to call me back and say, rod Sex wasn't wrong. Yeah, you were wrong.
Speaker 3: You were you were You were not specific.
Speaker 1: You didn't heard. Walter didn't hear. He was just guessing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, George knows the show, and that's what the segment is called. Would you tell them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So George is going to the show, The Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party this Saturday, Carbuck brewing Man.
Speaker 3: Hell of a time to get in at.
Speaker 4: The last last I mean leg really, you know the show congrats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much. You're in, George, You're in, bro I'm stoked. I'm stoked for you, George. I'll see you on Saturday, Walter. I'll see you at Little Wood Rows tonight to try to win some tickets. Would it be presumptuous of me to request my favorite Blue October song? I don't know what. I don't know what Justin plans on doing. You know what I mean, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I think if there ever was a time to put in a personal request, this might be your only chance.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite Blue October song.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I think you. I think any other time might be presumptuous.
Speaker 1: But for your party, I.
Speaker 3: Think go ahead, go ahead and give it a shot.
Speaker 1: I'll show hey Justin taking requests. I got a few for shined, I got a few for all of it. But Justin's the guy that we know, that's our buddy. I don't know if they have this worked up ready to go acoustic. I just feel like he can. I just feel like they can pull any of that stuff off anytime. All Right. Matt turned Josh into a one pump chump. Matt also a fresh fish. He's gonna go for win number two tomorrow. Fresh out of bed, head to head. We have fun in the morning, early early on this show Home Room the first hour, really fun. Great job submitting all those words today, especially Amelia with her chicken butt. That was very funny. I made me laugh. She was on the show today. She was great. Nine year old was the star of the show today. Fixed to Graham was not the number one link today. Oh my god, Sorry, I get excited around this song. All right, TVT voters, you did great today, j Lo Kardashians combo. That was the worst part of the show today. Why would we bring that back?
Speaker 9: Loved it?
Speaker 1: Email talk today, Thanks for the morbid email.
Speaker 17: Bro.
Speaker 1: We did baby Closest to the Pin today. Wow, it was busy day today. Tomorrow's free Vier Friday, Every case of b is coming with a six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Maybe you'll hear this song acoustic. I'm hoping open phones Friday, Fanny Friday, Tomorrow, Jeremy's got the NonStop nooner. He has some tickets during the one o'clock hour, and pick your tickets. What you can't pick is twentieth anniversary party. Tickets please all right Woodrows, Little wood Rows Tonight eight oh one Sant Emmanuel Street, seven to nine, fifty pair of tickets. Rosie playing Live Tessa's on Houston Life Today at one o'clock. You have to stay it passing you check it out brand New passed the gravy up on linksin guests.
Speaker 3: Keep forgetting to write that in Alex, I'm not trying to snub you. I'm all I'm not trying to snub you.
Speaker 1: Chilli, thanks for being you Ams.
Speaker 18: Do the new side?
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com