Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston Radio.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you very much. This is the twentieth final hour of the week. As I think all of you know here on Nightside, we talk about serious subjects the first nineteen hours of the week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and the first three hours on Friday. But I like to light it up during the eleven o'clock hour on Friday night. It is the twentieth hour. You do the math, if you still do math. There are five days in the work week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. We're on from eight to midnight, four hours a night, four times five twenty hours. So this is the twentieth hour. I like to take a quick review of what we've done this week, and I'm going to be really quick on this one tonight. And I'm just going to tell you that every night at the eight o'clock hour, we talked to four guests. They can be writers, they can be authors, they can have all sorts of interesting stories to tell, And instead of going over all of them, is going to pick one for every night that I'm going to highlight tonight. So on Monday night, amongst our four guests. We talked with John Spooner, who is an author. He's written about thirteen books, I believe, and his latest is Wake Up, a Lifetime of Lessons from Smart Women. John is a financial advisor, a big time financial advisor, and you may want to pick up that book. We also talked at nine o'clock on Monday night about the presence of rats, the four legged type, not the two legged type rats in Boston. Warmer weather coming, You're going to see more rats. What are we going to do about it? And then we talked about political violence last weekend, most specifically the bombing of Governor Josh Shapiro's home in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The governor has a governor's home, a mansion in Pennsylvania. In this nut job was able, I guess, in a protest because Governor Shapiro is Jewish. The Hamas War and he was upset with Israel away for a long time. There was also some other events that we talked about, which included the bombings at Tesla dealerships around the country as well. And there was a kid who this is a story that most of you hadn't heard about. Kid he's only like seventeen years old. I guess he killed his mom, who was thirty five in Wisconsin, Washoka, Washika, Wisconsin, Walkshaw. I keep pronouncing those names and correctly, I apologize. And his stepfather stole a whole bunch of money fourteen thousand dollars, a plot to kill Donald Trump. And apparently he had some text messages which were encrypted, and also text messages in Russian on his devices. Who knows. Tuesday night, in the eight o'clock hour, amongst others, we talked with Mark shield Drop of Triple A. Talked with a couple of folks who were involved in running the marathon. We talked about traffic fatalities being down around the US in the last couple of years. Met up in Massachusetts. We talked with Danielle Scrogi. She is a US Postal inspector. You've seen some of these stamps that are sold on websites and they're kind of expense. They're cheap, they're inexpensive. They're like twenty two. You get one hundred stamps for twenty two dollars. Caveat emptor buyer beware, buyer beware. On Tuesday night at ten eleven, we talked about your memories of the Boston bombing. That, of course was the actual date of the bombing, August fifteenth, twelve years ago, back in twenty thirteen. On Wednesday night, we talked with a bunch of interesting guests, really interesting guests. The director executive director the Concor Museum, talked about a new movie Unspoken, Would You Would You Hide Me? And talked about a bluegrass festival this weekend at the Club Passie in Cambridge. But we also talked about the arrival pretty soon Rude fourteen cicadas. You want to listen to that one. That was a really interesting hour. We talked about the rush being on for real ID drivers' licenses, and we also talked about President Trump's threats to Harvard University. Thursday night, we talked with a variety of people. We talked with Aman Tory, who is a writer for the Boston Globe, about a woman named Kira Demato. She may be the favorite to win the women's division in the marathon on Monday, keep her name in mind, And talk with doctor Marshall Ruggie, the Dean of the University of Medical the University of Michigan Medical School, about, amongst other things shortages of doctors countrywide. Talked with Professor Stephen Parker of the psychology Department at Harvard, and also Harvey Silverglate about the threats that Donald Trump has made against Harvard, including removing their tax exempt status. For two hours last night tonight, during the eight o'clock hour, we talked with a couple of the folks. Will be out there for the Battle of Lexington, the two hundred and fiftieth Battle of Lexington tomorrow morning, and it's a great event. If you are going to be there, get there early. I talked with Mike King of the mass Family Institute about a Burlington school survey this tonight. We talked during the nine o'clock hour and for thirty minutes in the ten o'clock hour about that survey. Pretty interesting survey of sixth, seventh, and eighth graders middle school students. You can read about it in the Boston Globe today if you like as well. It's a great story written by a writer in the Boston Globe. And last hour we spent that last hour, we spent half an hour talking about the trip that Maryland US Senator Van Hall and Chris van Holland back from El Salvador tried to get down there to bring home the Maryland member who was accused by the Trump administration of being an MS thirteen gang member, but Van Holland failed in that mission, but he did get a chance to meet with the individual. And this how we're going to do what grinds you gears? So that's the coming right up. We're going to get to phone calls. What grinds your gears? We do this. This is a very popular topic. Last week we did brushes with celebrity, which is my favorite topic, but I think my second favorite is what grinds you gears? What is it that just gets you? It can be a little thing that kind of just sticks in your crawl, or it can be a big thing. I one of the things that I don't understand that I'm just old this. Sometimes you've heard me talk about people who who you stop to allow them to cross the street, whether they're in a crosswalk or not. And I know you're supposed to stop if they're a crosswalk, but they can't even acknowledge and say thank you. Really bothers me. But also what bothers me is when you fly, have you noticed that they always load airplanes from the front and not the back would make more sense to old to basically have the people in the back of the plane. The back five rows go first, and they're not going to interfere with anybody. They always board first. I don't understand that. I almost can see if you want to board the business class people because they want to be able to sit there and be comfortable, But board the people who are in the back of the plane. That grinds my gears because they bored the people who are in like rows one to six and they take a long time. Then the people in rows seven to twelve or seven to fourteen, they're standing there waiting for the people in one to six to sit down. It's little stuff like that that grinds your gears. What grinds your gears? Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We will get to as many of you with what grinds your gears right after this very quick. This is one of the quick commercial breaks of the week. It's only about a minute and a half, So dial quickly so you can get in. Don't be dialing at five minutes of midnight because our wines will be full and you won't get coming back on night side. What grinds your gears? And Rob, I think we do have our promo piece for what grinds your gears? So we could probably play that either now or when we return. Your choice. Rob, you're the producer, So what grinds your gears? By the way, I'll tell you what doesn't grind your gears, and that is we are doing a Sunday brunch. What I mean by that is we're doing a night side brunch next Sunday, not this Sunday. This Sunday is Eastern. This is you know, Holy Week for Christians, and it's also Passover for members of my Jewish audience. But on Sunday, April twenty seventh, there will be two seatings at the Niroli Restaurant in Westwood at eleven and at twelve thirty two eighty two Washington Street in Westwood, sort of like what's called Islington, kind of between Denham and Westwood. Easy parking, nice big parking space in the back on street. Free parking. You got to call a restaurant and make a they had they had so many reservations request they're having two seatings. One at eleven if you want to get up a little early, or twelve thirty if you want to sleep in the restaurant number is seven eight one three, seven five two five nine four. Rob, I'm going to have you just write that number down in case anyone wants that number. Seven eight one three, seven five two five nine four. We will be entertained that morning at both seatings by the winnakers, Bill and Bowl Winnaker.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Their singer they're Sean too, says we would say in French, Cindy Gale, who is fabulous. Neil Green on the piano, bo sings and and plays the trumpet. Bill is on the drums. It will be a fabulous morning. Get to meet other night side listeners, get to meet myself, get to meet more importantly, producer Lightning. Uh. And we're gonna have it's gonna be a hoot. It's going to be a hoot. Casual dress. Don't have to get dressed up. Uh, you don't have to. There's a bright if you're if you want a brunch, if you want to eat a little lighter. There's also a breakfast menu, and there's also a lunch menu, so you can have something relatively simple like pancakes and coffee or burger and fries or whatever you want to have, or you can go all in for the brunch. So that's our invitation. We've been asked to do this. We've done a couple of baseball games in the last couple of years which were great successes, and this is just a different sort of event and the response has been great. You got to get your reservations in and please don't make a reservation unless you intend to go, because they will close the reservations off. And you know, look, some people can make a reservation and then you have an emergency, but only make a reservation if you do intend to go. We are going to go right now. Speaking about going to What Grinds Their Gears, let me go first to Joel in Natick. Joel, welcome back, What Grinds your Gears? Joe.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of items. Dan one, I'm not interested. I'm not a busing at the section Oaks Gluten nine and I'm waiting for the left turn signal. And as I'm waiting for the left time signal, it turns green. And guess what, a guy or whatever goes right through the red light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, hopefully that didn't happen to you and you got hit. Hopefully you anticipated good you weren't hit, right, That's all I.
Speaker 4: Can I've been anticipating this. They do this a lot. Damn, they do this a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it. Assume when you drive in Massachusetts, you got it. Assume that the other people in the road there's a bunch of knuckleheads, as Tom Anita would say, and that you want to make sure that you avoid the knuckleheads. I mean, I'm serious. You have to drive defensively, Joel. What's the other thing that grinds your gears?
Speaker 4: You're on the telephone and you're looking for information and people are asking you for your first name and your last name. So you have to spell your first name and you stow your last name, and they say again, can you please spell your name again? And you have to stow it again, the first name and your last name. It gets kind of weapons and borrowing. I mean, why can't they just do it the first time and get it right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I love sometime when you call a company and you have a very simple question, which is what time do you open on Monday morning or whatever the question is, and it's like, can you give us your name? No, I just want to know what time do you open on Monday. Well, we can't answer questions unless we know who's calling. It's like why we kindred spirits, Joel. I hope you know that.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 4: If you go Google maps, yeah, put in the name of the store and I'll tell you what time it opens, what time it closes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I get that. I just use that as an example. Uh, you know you could you could call wherever if you're calling somewhere to get some information. Uh, and I've called you know, rest, rest whatever. It's like, I don't need there are certain questions that I need to give you my name because if I'm calling a doctor's office and I want to reference my medical records, I want you to have them in front of me. But if I'm calling just to ask a question, and I'll say I have a very simple question, well please give us your name, Well, it just it's wasting my time. Joe, Thank you much. Always great to see you. I hope you're going to join us at the at the Big Brunch next Sunday if you're if you're around.
Speaker 4: Okay, out of town, have a happy Easter.
Speaker 2: Dan, Thank you very much, and I hope that you've had a happy pass overseason. Thank you, Thanks Joe, catch you soon. Good night. Okay. One of my favorite callers is Glenn, and this is one of his favorite topics. Glenn, there's a lot of things that grind your gears. What do you want to talk about tonight?
Speaker 5: Oh? God, yeah, this is my favorite topic. In fact, Hi label a week from Sunday. Good Sunday. I hope that's okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, that's not sacrilegious.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, No, I'm not trying to be a uh. I come home from Tvity yesterday. It didn't occur to me to forward my heusephone and my cell I wish I had, but I was having one with my friend and Layne. And my landline is deader than a door nail. Is the speak a long message on my answer machine that Comcast came to. You know, I'm trying to switch from RCN to Comcast because I have more block capability as I get like five scam calls a day. Yeah, and you know RCN is what I have. You can only block a hundred the Comcast you can balk two hundred and the only time I don't get scammed is on Sunday. That must be the scam Sabbat because that's the Yeah. So I called the guy in my service morning. He goes, oh, good thing you called me. I mean you. I caught your line by mistake, your landloaded. I didn't know this. The RC ends in the basement, but the well Comcast line is on the roof, and he couldn't get up to the roof. Well, I guess he got up to the wolf, but he cut something by he disconnected the wrong thing, so I had no way. That's why I called you on my cell last night. I couldn't call you on my household, which has good quality. So I got my I got my service back. Because it's still my original carrier, they still have to come again and go on the wolf.
Speaker 2: It was funny. I had a thing happened to me today on my phone. I've never had this happen before. My phone is a Verizon phone. It's a it's a it's a phone that that really it's an iheartphone that that I have. They give me to use in the course of my business. And at one point today I went to make a call and it said your phone is not connected to a service. You can only make emerdency calls. I've never seen anything like that before. I shut my phone off, rebooted the phone, and I was able to make the call.
Speaker 5: But I've heard of that happen.
Speaker 2: You have heard of that?
Speaker 5: Does that just have happened to me? But I've heard of it?
Speaker 2: Is it just a mess up that that's in the system, a glitch in the system, because that's going to ride my gears if it keeps coming.
Speaker 5: That's another thing that glenns might be is this whole thing you have to reboot. I gave me once in a while, I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on just to get messages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's true. No, yeah, I get it. I totally get it. I really do. Hey Glenn, you have a great weekend, and we'll see you next Sunday.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: We're doing this in large part because of you and your request over the years, so I want you to expect to see you there. Okay, Thanks Glenn. I hope you're all set with transportation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am was wrong?
Speaker 2: Good good, all right. He's a good guy. He's a great Amern.
Speaker 5: He's the best.
Speaker 2: Thanks Glenn, talk to you soon. See you next week. Right now, all right, let's keep going. Get one more, one more idiot before the break. Gonna go to my friend Alice in Ohio. Hey, Dallas, how are you pretty good?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 3: Yousel?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Thank you so much. You're one of my most loyal listeners in Ohio. I wish you could join us at the brunch, but it's kind of a you're in you're an akron, right.
Speaker 3: That's correct, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Spirit excellent, We'll we'll host a mimosa to you or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, I appreciate that. I'd just like to say what grinds my gears is probably for the past year, maybe year and a half, I have been unundated with individuals and it you know, it's a number of you know, male females, young old that contact me either by text or direct call on my cell phone or my house phone because I still have a landline phone. Uh. And even in the mail of people wanted to buy my home. Really yeah, And it's like I've got a stack of letters and I'm constantly erasing the messages.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: Your home in some you know, a garden of Eden like location. I mean, what's going on?
Speaker 3: I guess? So I guess I uh, you know. I'm on the do not call list, my cell phones listed, my forget. They still call, and a lot of times they come in when my answering service, when my caller ID uh audio kicks in, it'll say unidentifiable or unavailable. I d under, you know, And well I had to.
Speaker 2: Say, I get I get on my home phone. I still have a home phone for my alarm system, you know. And if if obviously I probably can get rid of it. But I also like it because there are some people who have my home number, but I get more phone calls from and it's like, no matter what I say to them, if I say, please lose my number, they just hang up. If they ask me, and they'll and they'll say we're trying to reach you know, is this mister Rhea or whatever. I'll say, No, he's joined the French foreign Legion. We haven't heard for the years. You give him something crazy, even something crazy, you never get off their list. I love it when the politicians in Washington, we will establish a do not call list for all Americans, and it's they may have established it, but it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Over the years I have registered and re registered. Oh yeah, and it doesn't do any good. It doesn't do any good.
Speaker 2: Just give them a song and dance and the other thing to Dallas. You know what I do. If I have some time and they call up, and particularly if they say, we'd like to ask you a few questions. We're doing a survey and it's generally it's going to be a political survey. I'll say, great, great, great, great, I'm a professional survey taker. Where do I send the bill from my answers? And immediately they they they say, what are you talking about? I said, well, you've called me. I happen to be a professional survey taker. I'm so glad you called. I charge five hundred dollars an hour. Where can I send my bill? I'll be happy to answer your questions. Well, we don't pay, I said, sir, I'm a professional. Please don't insult me. Do you pay your doctor when you go to your doctor? And I have this insane conversation with him and some of them don't call back. Dallas. All right, all right, just just some ideas. The other one which I told you, uh, and I said this last week. So I'm going to say it again. Have you been like in a line in a store and somebody crowds your your your personal space, you know what I mean. They're just standing a little too close for comfort and you move a few a few inches or whatever, and they kind of you know, they're in line behind you. And so now what I do is I turn to them and I say, very quietly, I say, gee, I just want to let you know I was tested yesterday for COVID and I'm still awaiting the results. They move away very quickly on that point, Dallas, I'm gonna let you go. Thank you man, great call, great call, man, hall of fame type call. Thanks buddy talks to Happy Easter. If you celebrate Easter, I think you do. Happy Easter.
Speaker 3: Down, Thank you, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks good night, six seven, two, five, ten thirty. But those lines are full. I should have even given you that. Here's the one that gets you through right now. If you dial six one seven, nine three, one ten thirty, I can get you in. We'll be back on Nightside after the News with Dan Ray.
Speaker 1: I'm w BZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, what grind your gears. We got Gene in Brookline. Hijeene, how are you tonight? Welcome? Where would Jean be? If Jean's not ready, We'll put Gene on hold and we're gonna go to Christian and Peabody. Christian, you are next on nightside.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Yeah, welcome, I like describe your gears.
Speaker 3: This is good.
Speaker 6: Quickly though, I too will be answered to your question about your phone hands up.
Speaker 8: If you have a butcher your signal that gets interrupted and the phoneus on the search and sporadics next to dead, it will cost the phone just to block itself. It just gets hut up and then you have to restart the phone and a function again.
Speaker 2: Okay, is is that you know more about this than I do? Is that something? Uh? That that is common? I have an Android, a Verizon Android phone.
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that more common in a Verizon phone and Android?
Speaker 6: It's an I have an Android phone and it happens frequently.
Speaker 2: Oh hm, okay, well thank you. It kind of it scared me because they thought to myself and said, you're no longer connected to a provider or something weird. I forget what it was, and it said you could only make emergency calls, which is you know, pleasant, which is fine. But I trying to call someone back and it was crazy. It was absolutely crazy. Well, thank you, thank you. I did it and it did work. That's always my instinct. But I'd never seen that before. So Christian, what is it that grinder gears?
Speaker 6: I have a couple of things. First of all, these people that are calling from foreign countries trying to effort to Joe down the street, and yeah, it's like you know, and it's just like, oh, not another one. You mean, you've interrupted my day for something. And it be like, you know, if they they put any kind of bign whatever, it's just like, oh well, they just go away.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you ask him. I sometimes I asked them politely. Sometimes I asked them not so politely to lose my number. They throw a couple of words in.
Speaker 6: There, yeah, exactly what you can't say on TV, Yes, but anything radio.
Speaker 2: But that's.
Speaker 6: The thing, is what I mean. I'm going to the point with that real quickly. It's just like, you know, what what that about your home? We want to give you a better homeowner plans? Yeah you really, yeah, but my home's got four wheels.
Speaker 4: It's my car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I get them. I get them when they call and they'll say, we want to reduce your electric bill. Uh, and of course it's a scam. And I say, well, I love paying I want to pay more on my electric bill. Can you do that for me? Then I hang up on it because I'm afraid they would if they could. Those are two good ones, Christian, and and thank you for the Yeah.
Speaker 6: Really me, it's a lack of common in common sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you grind everybody scars. I mean the idea you hold the door for someone. Oh, I will hold the door going in somewhere, you know, hold the door for the person's ten feet behind you. And I get to the point now where when they just want I say you're welcome, and oh, thank you, thank you, No, welcome, thanks Ben, thanks christ Well, I hope you do. And come on up and introduce yourself. I want to start to put some names with some faces. Okay, get your reservation in and bring whoever you want. We'll have fun. I promise a great day.
Speaker 6: Okay, to repeat the number again later second, write it down.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will repeat the number at the end of the hour. As a matter of fact, if you want to hold on, Rob, did you write the number down of the restaurant? Rob? Did you write it down? Okay, hold on, Christian. Rob will give you the number, which is seven eight one three, seven five two five nine four. Hold on, don't hang up. Rob will give you the number. Okay, thanks, Let me keep going here. I'm gonna go to darryl Is in New Brunswick. Daryl, I got your voicemail tonight. Happy Easter to you as well. Thank you very much. I was very kind of you.
Speaker 10: Well, hey, we're always thinking about you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, right back at you.
Speaker 10: Gars thing, my lord, it's it's the phone number thing, for one, when you actually go into a franchise restaurant. Yeah, and when you walk in, you cannot order a pizza apparently at this one franchise without giving them your phone number. And again, so it goes back to I believe it was Dallas, somebody trying to buy his phone number.
Speaker 2: I think his house, he said. I think he was not talking about his phone, He's talking about his house.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well that's again it's people possibly trying to scam people because you actually have credit history.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, And so it could be it could be.
Speaker 10: A scam that way. Okay, my lord, you guys have great topics, and there's the grind my gears things. I want to keep hearing more of what other people have to grind their gears about.
Speaker 2: All right, Daryl, I do too.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 10: It's like again going back to the last caller about people from other places, and you actually asked, well, how is Bill doing?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 10: They don't know what Bill is or the slang for Bill. Yeah, if you get if you get my draft.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, absolutely.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 2: What I've done in the past is I've I've said to people you know where you located, and they tell me that you know the company that I remember one time with American Airlines. I was having frust I was being frustrated trying to get a flight changed, and so I said, where are you located? And they said Dallas. American Airlines is headquartered in Dallas. And I said, really, I said, so you're in Dallas. Yes, American Airlines is headquartered in Dallas, and they said it in an accident. I knew they were in Dallas. So I said, okay, can you tell me the name the nickname of the Dallas hockey team. Why would you be asking me that I said, because if I asked you the nickname of the football team, that would be too easy. Hung up on me. Thanks, Darryl, Talk to you soon. Happy Darryl, talk to you soon. Have a great night. All right, let's get one more in here if we can, before the breakout of to Alex and Milliss. Alex will grind you gears.
Speaker 14: A couple of things. One was the other day I was in market Basket and I went in to wash my hands in the restroom and a guy walks out. He wasn't an employee, he didn't wash his hands, so I felt like taking a shoppie and sticking a sign on his back saying, I'm a dirty.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 14: I don't wash after I use the restaurants.
Speaker 2: I love market Basket. So you were it's a good move to be in market Basket, But obviously that guy was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, why would, particularly particularly when you're in a food store. Yeah? Yeah, what else you got, Alex? What else you got?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 14: These guys, these guys that fall, they all sound like they're related, either from Bangladesh or from you know, a country nearby, and they're trying to sell me, you know, a car warranty or you know, it's always a cam and it all sounds similar, similar accents. So what I do is to retaliate, I take the hair dryer, or I put up the phone, put the phone up to the smoke alarms.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good thing. Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 9: Like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well sometimes what I yeah, but again it's it's funny. I remember calling one of these companies, you know, you see the ads on TV about you get car insurance, and you get insurance and you never have to pay a bill again. And obviously it's going to cost you. They're not doing it for free. It's going to cost you more money. And I was just curious what it might cost. And I was given, you know, a price that I knew was, you know, over overpriced. Yeah, charged me five thousand dollars a year. Yeah, I think probably I will be okay. But anyway, they kept I said no, I'm all said, thank you very much. They must have called me twenty times, Hey, just want to double check make sure. Yeah, I'm all set. I'm all set, and they just were so finally persistent.
Speaker 13: I had to block the numbers and uh and we'll miss I'll miss the brunch because we're having the Greek Independent State Parade that day on Boylson Street.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's a legitimate excuse. We'll try to reschedule something in the future that doesn't conflict with your heritage.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 14: I hope you do it again. You know, because we're right down the street from Westwood, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I understand that. Yeah, no problem, we'll talk soon. Happy Happy Easter to you. A year a weekend.
Speaker 14: Well, first time that they all coinside, so I don't get to save on on the after, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh so Greek Easter is the same as as Okay, that's good to know. That's good to know. I thought Greek Easter was always a year a week a week later. Thanks Alex, you gotta run. Talk to you soon. You have a great night. We got to take a quick break. I'm gonna get everybody and Michael, Joe, Henry if you're there, don't worry. And there's one more that's being checking in right now. If you want to give us, try six point seven. Yep, that just filed six point seven nine three one thirty. This is a popular topic back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try to get everybody in. It won't be easy, but we're gonna give it a shot. Let me start off with Henry and Sutton. Henry pave the way for us. What grinds your gears?
Speaker 9: Henry, Well, grinds my gears. I'm seventy six years old. And how this guy going to El Salvador and he's a US congressman. This person had two immigration counts against him and two immigration courts. I'm sorry, you know they they deemed him here illegally. He's a member of the MS thirteen gangs. He had deportation orders that were valid. The Supreme Court ruled nine to zero in favor of the administration to deep bought him. So there is no court, you know, a district court. They do not have the power to compel the foreign policy of the US government. They can't.
Speaker 5: The guy was, don't I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think the court has ruled in this case. I think they gave the White House the authority. I think this case might end up being adjudicated in the federal courts. But with you, Well, agree with you. How do we get twenty million people? Do process?
Speaker 11: He was pulled over in twenty twenty two in Tennessee. He was held by the Tennessee Highway Patrol. He was arrested for human sex trafficking and the member in the car with him there was someone in the car on the terror watch list. I don't know what this guy was doing in our country. The woman he's married to, they're not his children, they're her children. He doesn't belong here people. I don't know how hard is this to figure out?
Speaker 2: I mean, all right, Henry, we got this in Undergrind your Gears, but no, we're talking about a let's let's heavy topic. Henry, thanks so much for you call. Have a great, uh great weekend. Thank you much. Let's keep going here. Gonna try to get everybody, Joe and Lyn, Joe, you gotta be quick for me. Go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 12: I will all do my best and happy Easter, even of a colt. What grinds my gears? I think you grind them sometime, damn.
Speaker 2: But okay, that's okay.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 12: What you grind them for. I was always wanted to get Naomi Wolf as a guest. I know sometimes you're a little liery of some of these guests, but this lady is extremely nice. She's used to be outdoors fashion designer, and I just wish you'd have her on. I'm loved to hear.
Speaker 2: I had it on once many years ago. I believe Joe, to be honest with you, I'll try to I'll try to reach back and see if I can do it again. But we'll find out.
Speaker 12: Okay, from one other quickie, market Basket. I love market Basket. When I go in to get help, sometimes there's no peak. I can't get an English speaking person. I gotta wait, and that's horrible. That's not good.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough. I love market Basket, as you know. Thanks, Joe, have a great weekend, have a great weekend, Happy Easter. Okay, we'll talk soon.
Speaker 12: Hope I can see you at the next get together.
Speaker 2: I hope. I hope we're going to see you on the twenty seventh. No, I can't see.
Speaker 5: I'll be in the hospital. Be in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Thanks, be well, be well, good night. Michael is in Boston. Michael next on nights, I go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 7: It seem that all of these that we've heard so far. Luckily they're isolated. They don't happen every day. They may happen once a year, or twice or three times, but thank goodness, they're not hit every day with these things. But what bothers me is an every day, everyday occurrence of people waiting for the right time. Do you know what I mean? That they miss the present by searching for another moment?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: They come into work at nine o'clock and they start to talking about leaving at five.
Speaker 3: When is it going to be five?
Speaker 7: They wait all week, They wait all week for Friday. It's only Tuesday. I can't wait for the weekend. This is what I'm going to be doing all winter. They wait for summer. I have friends that say they're fourteen year olds can't wait to get their Learners per Mont, their driver's license. They can't wait to go to college, they can't wait to become Okay.
Speaker 2: So you're talking about impatience. That's what you're talking about. Impatience. I like that.
Speaker 7: Well, I think they have to realize that right now is a gift.
Speaker 2: Absolutely every day is a gift. You got that one, Michael, I got two more. I'm going to get to thank you much, Thank you very much. Talk to you soone. They have a great one. Let me keep rolling here, Frank and hanging Frank, what you one for you? And one more? Go ahead, Frank.
Speaker 15: Hey Dan, I just picked up my daughter care at the airport and we were just thinking about this. Two things that grind us, and they're related, and it's the same case. Is when able bodied people are just wasting their time on nonsense. And that applies to all of those protesters outside the Denham Courthouse on the Karen Reid thing. And why aren't they working is when people can't keep their mouths shut when they might be ahead of the game, and that's Karen Reid. I just saw her interview in Vanity's Fair when she said, oh, when I watched the Oja case, I had no doubt that he was guilty. But then when I saw how the police acted, I would have cheered that verdict because police have to become accountable. So in other words, what you're saying is, yes, I hit my boyfriend, but because these police are so bad, we need to teach them a lesson and you need to find me in our guilty.
Speaker 2: Because I think that's an excellent point I think those words will be used at the trial and then make them back to haunt. It looks to me as if Hank Brennan, the new prosecutor, wants to use some of those words.
Speaker 15: Yeah, oh yeah, Hank Brendan will be all over that she's going down on her own sports because she couldn't keep her mouth shut.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see, we will. We'll start to talk about the case next week. The case starts on Tuesday. Thanks Frank, I got to get one more in here. How much time did you say, Rob? I missed that. Okay, here we go. Let's wrap it up with Tim and Woolber and Tim you're next on NIGHTSA go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Hi, Dan.
Speaker 16: That's what grinds my gears when the phone company shuts my phone off.
Speaker 2: I can't understand that. Why did they shut your phone off? Why?
Speaker 16: Well, I have to pay it right. Uh, it's still on the first of the month that they say I have five days before they shut it off, Right, I have till the fifth. Sometimes I'm so busy I forget and I don't get down there. Then I go to use the phone and it's dead.
Speaker 2: I here you that's I would grind my gears as well. It would grind my gears as well.
Speaker 3: Tim.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next Sunday. Okay, looking forward to it. Wait, all right, thanks very much. All right, another week of Nightside is in the books. I want to thank all of you. I want to thank all of you callers primarily, but also listeners. You know you can listen to Nightside on Sunday night at eleven o'clock, the best of Nightside. I think we're going to be replaying the interview we had with the Dean of the Michigan Medical University of Michigan Medical School. That'll be interesting on Sunday night at eleven and the best of Nightside. You can listen to Nightside and demand anytime all weekend. Any show, any hour you missed this week is right there Nightside on demand dot com. We will be having our brunch on Sunday the twenty seventh. Call me if you want and I'll give you all the information life to get as many listeners there as possible. Rob Brooks, great job, Marina, thank you very much. All dogs, all cats, oh pets, go to heaven us. Mike Pal, Charlie ray Is. We passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who are passed. They love you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Have a great night, have a great night, have a great weekend, Happy Easter, Happy Past overseason. My name's Dan Ray. We'll see you Monday night. Thanks so much for listening. I'm on Facebook in about two minutes.