Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond.
Speaker 2: You JRR Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Coffin and Lynd Injury Attorneys. Quite a game last night there, Bulldog Wow.
Speaker 3: Kirk Cousins getting it done for the Atlanta Falcons over the Buccaneers. He throws for a career high and a franchise high five hundred and nine yards four touchdowns, including a forty five yard touchdown pass in overtime that gave the Falcons the improbable thirty six to thirty win over the Buccaneers.
Speaker 4: What a wild fourth quarter was.
Speaker 3: There was a block field goal, to fumble, an interception, and Cousins and the Falcons. It looked like the Buccaneers had it won. I think there was like a minute fifty left. The Buccaneers get an interception. They're up thirty to twenty seven. They get an interception at Atlanta's thirty five yard line. Lavonte David, their linebacker, intercepts Cousins. They get it at the Atlanta thirty five game over right. No, the Bucks got a holding penalty, they went three and out. The Falcons end up getting the ball back and they kick a field goal right at the end despite a delay of game penalty by the way Young Wayku kicks the fifty two yard field goal to force overtime, and then Cousins hits Cadaryl Hodge in overtime. I don't know how he scored on the play. I mean, it looked like the Buccaneers had him covered. There was a defender all over him. He breaks the tackle and just outruns everybody to the ENDZA.
Speaker 2: So meanwhile, over in baseball traumatic ending to the final wild card game in Milwaukee Brewers and the Mets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Mets end up winning the game. I didn't watch it, but wow, yeah, unbelievable. Did you watch any of that?
Speaker 2: I watched the highlights, the ninth inning homer to get the Mets up, and the just displ there Milwaukee as the Mets will move on to face the Phillies starting leader Team Alonso.
Speaker 3: If the Mets go on to win at his home run will go down in Mets lore, because, yeah, he elevates them into the next round of the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Speaking of a baseball dog, sorry but we need to rewind Pat yesterday. We let it slide right by us when he goes my Podres, my Pods after we all grew up here in Central Florida with the Braves as our team, and you know, I'm so's hey, I didn't grow up here in Central Florida with the Braves as my team.
Speaker 3: I grew up with the The Dodgers were my team as a youngster. And then when Steve Garvey went to the Podres, that's when I became a pods.
Speaker 2: It's kind of hard, Bob, for you to really have a leg to stand on being known as as bandwagon Bob. So yeah, come on, let's let's be realistic here, all right, big big weekend of football.
Speaker 3: Fellas, Yeah, hey, big news in college football. Yesterday, UCF loses loses their starting wide receiver Xavier Towns and heading into the game against the Gators, he's opting out after four games to save himself a red shirt year. He's now in the transfer portal. He announced that yesterday, so UCF will be without their starting wide receiver and starting punt returner Xavier Townsend, one of the more explosive players, he will not be on the team. I know most old school college football fans hate this opting out in the middle of the season.
Speaker 4: But yes, it's business.
Speaker 3: That's that's the business of college football circa twenty twenty four. I don't like it either, but you're gonna see more of this. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gators have some opt outs as well.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow. You're only you can.
Speaker 3: Only play in four games. If you play in five games, you lose a year of eligibility. If you're gonna transfer, you want that extra year of eligibility that a college football has to do something about this rule they do.
Speaker 1: When you said it's business and I said it's BS, you're right, drop all the letters between B and S and business and that's what this is. As Pat Lynch just said, over and over, get GMS for college football at the coaches coach and sift all these little turns out.
Speaker 3: You see a favored, by the way by two and a half against the Gators.
Speaker 4: How do you guys liking that?
Speaker 2: Well, they were favored against Colorado by two touchdowns as well. So let's not let's not get on our high horses. And hey, man, listen, this is a u CFLO. I'm saying this. If you're going up to that game as a UCF fan, don't be a dick. Don't don't be a cocky you know little you know, just don't. I don't think they will this week, you know, I don't know there's there's a.
Speaker 4: When they will.
Speaker 3: They should come on, Lynch, you gotta have a little if you shu have wins this game, there has to be some banner going on out.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about going in. Don't go out there being all cockey man. Just go and root for the team, but don't be you know, oh, come on, not gonna be cocky going in there, going in this ault.
Speaker 3: I actually think UCF is still gonna win this game, even though they've lost their wide receiver.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna win this game. I don't think.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know Colorado's defense isn't very good, but Florida's defense is even worse. I don't think Florida's defense can shut down ucyes running game. I like UCF to win this game. So Miami's at Cal. Game day will be at Cal. University of Miami will be at Cal. Miami's favored by ten and a half. They should win that game.
Speaker 2: I still think that's a trap game. Ten thirty kickoff our time tomorrow night, right.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm gonna do something stupid here. They're used to that time in Miami.
Speaker 2: Pack.
Speaker 4: Come on, they don't go out until four in the morning.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm picking Florida State, a fourteen and a half point underdog, to beat Clemson this week. Straight up, beat him, straight up, beat him. Brock Glenn, the new quarterback dju is out. I think Brock Glenn is gonna give them a spark in somehow, some way, Florida State's gonna be reawakened and be the team that we thought they would be in beat Clem's.
Speaker 2: Wow, we have all the college football coming up with coach Yeah, Mark Daniels will be here a little bit later. We'll huddle up with him. What about over on the NFL side there, Doggie Well.
Speaker 3: Indianapolis at Jacksonville Jacksonville winless. Actually favored in that game by three points. If they can't win this.
Speaker 4: One man, that would be zero to five.
Speaker 3: Anthony Richardson is supposed to play, by the way for Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: Miami is at New England.
Speaker 3: The Patriots favored by a point over Miami and Tyler Huntley their quarterback. A Miami still has more talent than New England.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I know the Dolphins can lose this. I think the Dolphins win this week. Yeah yeah, yeah. So other big games, the Jets versus Minnesota Baltimore, It's Cincinnati Buffalo at Houston is probably the game I'm most looking forward to. And the Cowboys play the Steelers, so that's a big time.
Speaker 2: Orlando City's got with Cincinnati this weekend.
Speaker 4: FC Cincinnati on the road.
Speaker 3: FC Cincinnati the third seed, Orlando City the fourth seed as we sit, Orlando City needs to win the hold onto that fourth seed, and the Orlando Pride host the Washington Spirit five pm Sunday at the Purple Palace. Get out there and watch their pride. They're undefeated sixteen oh in six. By the way, if they're gonna lose, this would be the game. Washington's the second best team in the league, So a good chance for you on Sunday afternoon to get out and watch the Pride.
Speaker 2: You're going, right, Doug, You're not gonna watch the late football games. You're gonna go over and watch the Pride.
Speaker 4: I may watch the Pride on Sunday, yes, oh okay.
Speaker 2: All right. Talladega next stop for NASCAR Playoffs this weekend. That's that's always a great race to watch.
Speaker 3: That's right, Just wait for the big win. They're gonna be racing to get in to the next round of the playoffs, so there'll be some theatrics and fireworks at that track on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Michael Bulldog Bianchi, host of Open Mike on AM seven ninety six to nine, The Game on a Jason Dusky each morning, takes time out of his busy show to join us for the sports page here on j R R.
Speaker 4: Brought you by Coffin.
Speaker 3: Inland, listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coppin every Saturday morning, seven thirty on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 4: In the game.
Speaker 3: You can catch extended versions by searching for Under Oath with Jeff Coffin on your favorite streaming platform. Oh oh miss the One j r R, Orlando's rock station.