Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another episode of The Cajun Night Live. I am the Cajun Night Your host, Jacob Mook, and thank you everybody for joining me this evening. I want to give a quick little apology now. If my voice sounds especially horse, that is because I just got in to day from Philadelphia and from Washington, d C. This past weekend, we celebrated the two hundred and fiftieth Marine Corps Birthday and I was screaming my head off legitimately for four consecutive days. It was amazing. It was a great time. I had only been to Philly for one time in my life before this. I have to say I am a fan of old town Philadelphia. Not the downtown area, not the Central Business District or any of that, but the old historic town of Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: If you are a history nerd and you love the pre American and colonial.
Speaker 2: Historical sites, it is amazing.
Speaker 1: So highly recommend if you have the means to head to Philly do so.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: Also, we went to Washington, d C. Saw my old duty station. We were actually at the Capitol Building. We swung by the Senate. We just doing the you know, the typical sight seeing thing. I was stationed there. A person I was with had never been there before, so we were having a great time. Little did I know that. And you know what else, this actually upset me quite a good bit. We couldn't go to any of the Smithsonian Museums, which is a massive thing to see while you're Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: There's tons of them.
Speaker 1: Even if the Native American Museum is not your jim, maybe the Air and Space Museum is, Maybe the Natural History Museum is, Maybe the American History Museum is. Maybe one of the Art Museum. There's so many cool ones to check out. Realistically, I highly recommend you go and check this out. But not only that, the Marine Corps Museum out of Quatico, Virginia was also shut down because of the government shut down. So I was upset. But that's fine now as of time recording this evening. As a matter of fact, the government has passed it where it's ready to go to Trump's desk to be signed, ending the longest shutdown in American history of our government.
Speaker 2: Which is a good thing. But also y'all couldn't figure that out one week prior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just anyway, I know I'm just agitated on it, but hey, it is what it is. So again, apologies for my voice. It is what it is. I am doing my best here. Throat, losages and caffeine can only do so much. But we must get after it. The show must go on, and let's talk about it now. The Trump Administration Live updates. House passes bill to end shut down. Yes, indeed, the time in shutdown. There's a record now, y'all. Forty two days, twenty three hours, ten minutes. This article is actually updated. This is from the New York Times. This article was updated as of twenty four minutes ago as of time recording.
Speaker 2: So let's get into it here.
Speaker 1: Congress clears a bill to end the nation's longest shutdown. The House on Wednesday gave final passage to a spending package to reopen the government, sending the legislation to President Trump's desk and all but guaranteeing an end to the longest shutdown in the nation's history. The vote of two hundred and twenty two to two hundred and nine votes came on day forty three of the shutdown, in days after eight senators in the Democratic Caucus broke their own parties blockade and joined the Republicans in allowing the spending measure to move forward, prompting a bitter backlash in their ranks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's also that's something that's crazy about this.
Speaker 1: There are not just these six, there are multiple Democrats that are calling for Chuck Schumer to lose his job or at.
Speaker 2: Least his position, if nothing else.
Speaker 1: They acknowledged that this was a Chuck Schumer versus through you know, a couple of different means here, Chuck Schumer versus Donald Trump. That that's all it's ever boiled down to. And they acknowledged the fact that they were leveraging the welfare of the American citizenry to further their own means, which of course is not the first time that any government party has done that to the other. It has happened on both sides. That to be said, the longest shut down in government history, damn near a month and a half. Like, I understand, you're trying to like take a stance and show a unified force, and but you can't. You can't injure the American people to prove your point. And I think that a lot of the American voters recognize that and of course you're gonna have your sick of fance on either side, right who say that this is clearly a Republican problem. This is clearly a Democrat problem. It listen, call it what you want. But it took six Democrats, sorry, eight senators to swap from the Democrat ticket to the Republican ticket at least on this one vote to get the government back functioning.
Speaker 2: And yes, it did just kick the can down the road a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, but at least the people are gonna get the aid they need. The government is gonna reopen airports and flights camera zoom. I'm just saying it's it's ridiculous how they let it go this far.
Speaker 2: To prove a point. But neither here Northelon, It's get after it here.
Speaker 1: It was the first time in the House, I'm sorry, it was the first time in the House had hailed a vote in nearly two months, as it took an extended recess during the shutdown. Six Democrats joined the Republicans in approving the bill. Only two Republicans voted against it, Representatives Thomas Massey from Kentucky and Greg.
Speaker 2: Stuby Stube, I don't know of Florida.
Speaker 1: Mister Trump was scheduled to sign the bill on Wednesday night. Earlier in the day, his Budget office championed it as a statement as devoid of any of the partisan poison pill provisions demanded by Democrats. That was a reference to what had been Democrats' chief demand in the shutdown fight, the extension of federal health care subsidies set to expire at the end of the year. Most Congressional Republicans strongly opposed such an extension, and while mister Trump had initially shown a flash of interest in brokering a bipartisan deal on the issue, the shutdown dragged on or I'm sorry. As the shutdown dragged on, he made it clear that he had no interest in negotiating.
Speaker 2: His refusal to.
Speaker 1: Do so ultimately led a critical group of Democrats in the Senate to conclude that with hundreds of thousands of federal workers furloughed, millions of Americans at risk of losing food assistants, and millions more facing air travel disruptions, it was time to find an.
Speaker 2: Off ramp from the shutdown. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love how they're trying to spin the narrative to where it was. Yeah, because it was Trump's fault that that was about to run out. That all right, whatever, it's the New York Times. You know their biases are going to be what it's going to be here. And again, I'm not saying this is one hundred percent Democrats' faults.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's one hundred per Trump's fault.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that it's okay for you to be a critical thinker and point the finger in multiple directions.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: In the House, the six Democrats who voted to reopen the government were Representative Adam Gray of California, Wow, Marie glosen comp Perez, that's a that's her maiden name or her middle name, Gluesen comp. Jesus Okay of Washington, Jared Goldman or Golden of Maine, Henry Culler of Texas, Tom Suosi of New York, and Don Davis of North Carolina, all representing swing districts. Interesting this is a direct quote from Tom Cole, Republican of Oklahoma and the chairman of the Appropriations Committee. History reminds us that shutdowns never changed the outcome, only the cost paid by the American people.
Speaker 2: Over the last forty three days.
Speaker 1: The facts did not shift, the votes required did not shift, and the path forward did not change. I think that's pretty profound and extremely accurate, to be.
Speaker 2: Honest with you.
Speaker 1: The Democratic defections in the Senate prompted outrage among House Democrats, who, like most of their colleagues in the Senate, said their parties should have hailed together firmly against any government funding bill that failed to address health care costs. Is a quote here from AOC. Good lord, this woman, it blows my mind that she still has the job that she has. But okay, we have federal.
Speaker 2: Workers across the country that have been missing paychecks. Yeah, why is that, AOC? Why is that? Okay, we have Snap recipients, millions of Snap recipients across the country whose access to food stability was imperiled, and we have to figure out what that was for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, AOC. Why did you and your homies hmm? Anyway, moving on, miss Ocassio, Cortes said that the Trump administration had inflicted quote unquote cruelty on the American people during the shutdown, including by trying to halt fuel or trying to halt full.
Speaker 2: Federal funding for food stamps. So this was wow.
Speaker 1: AOC is one of the most people that have ever been some might say the most person that's ever been.
Speaker 2: All Right, we cannot enable this kind of cruelty with our cowardice, she said, Well, she called herself a coward. I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Having elevated the healthcare subsidies as a political issue, Democrats are eager to keep the pressure on Republicans to extend them or face the consequences from voters whose polls show overwhelmingly want to see them protected. Representative Hakeem Jeffries of New York which that guy also should be in prison for actual calling for violence on other people. Other voted officials voted on officials anyway, Hakim Jeffries is a massive piece of trash. The Democrat leader said he and other party leaders would file a discharge petition, a procedural maneuver to steer around the leadership and force a bill to the floor to extend the subsidies for three years. Such a measure is unlikely to pick up much Republican support. Yeah you think is a direct quote from Jeffries himself. There are only two ways this fight will end. Either Republicans will finally decide to extend the Affordable Care Act tax credits this year or the American people will throw Republicans out of the jobs next year. And the Indie speakership of Donald J. Trump once and for all. Wow, Okay, Hakeem Jeffries is also one of these individuals who's completely lost touch with reality.
Speaker 2: Gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: And the fact that he is representing the same state where mom Donnie just was elected even furthers that point. But you know, it's different conversations. The mayor of New York City is not the same as Hakeem Jeffries, but you know, I feel like they're equal dangerous in other regards. But anyway, Uh, go ahead, Sam, I see your hand.
Speaker 3: Wait, Oh, is that Jeffery's fella?
Speaker 4: Is it that the one that said that his opponent's kids should be a flip since that his opponent is raising them as Nazis and all?
Speaker 2: Yes, he is the one that called for violence.
Speaker 1: Yep, he is the one that called for violence on his opponent's wife and children. And not just violence like they should be they should get spanked like no, no call for actual violence on them on the mic in front of everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be considered a terroristic throught.
Speaker 2: I would think so see the Cage to Knight.
Speaker 1: Agrees with you, Samuel, But apparently people in New York just think that he's great. He is also just very much like AOC. He is one of the most people that have ever been some might say the.
Speaker 4: Most actually knowing from fashion experience, that is a terroristic throat.
Speaker 3: And he don't want to say that is because.
Speaker 4: In school I got threatened to get stabbed in my word, Jed, was you better fucking kill me because if you don't, you you'll be the one to die. That got me a terroristic threat in a couple of days suspension, But that doesn't get him in trouble at all.
Speaker 1: I don't see how that was terroristic. There was no political means or aims on that statement. Maybe a personal threat, sure, but I don't see terrorists on that.
Speaker 4: My school system was weird. I was a part of the minority of population.
Speaker 2: Uh the Wasian minority for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that being said, yeah, Hakeem Jeffers is basically saying that if something doesn't give, the Republicans will be out of a job. Meanwhile, the Republicans hold the majority, and it's yeah, he's Hakim is just kind of talking his talk. But you know, anyway, the government shutdown is over as of tomorrow when Trump signs it in, So we're good on that. Anyway, continue on, it says. The compromise measure the House approved on Wednesday includes a spending package that would fund the government through January, as well as three separate spending bills to cover programs related to agriculture, military construction, veterans, and legislative.
Speaker 2: Agencies for most of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: The package includes a provision that would reverse layoffs of federal workers made during the shutdown and ensure retroactive pay for those who have been fur load.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's typically how that goes.
Speaker 1: And it includes a measure that would provide a wide legal avenue for Republican senators whose phone records were seized as part of the investigation by Jack Smith, the former Special Council into the attack on the Capitol on January sixth, twenty twenty one, to sue the government for at least half a million dollars each. You know, again, I'm just I know, I might have a little bit of a bias here. That wasn't an attack on the Capitol. That was not I was just at the Capitol literally less twenty four hours ago. That was a parade, that was a peaceful protest that had a lot of things happened. But these people were let into the Capitol. The security guards and the police opened the doors for them and let them in. There was only a small handful that started tearing shit up, and then they were shut down by the other protesters. Just so we're all clear, it's not like they were allowed to start flipping cop cars, setting DC on fire, looting stores. That's not what took place. But of course the Times is going to report as the Times does and call it an attack on the Capitol on jan six. But anyway, so it also would like, I said, give a wide legal avenue for Republican senators whose phone records were seized as a part of that investigation, possibly to sue the government for at least half a million dollars each. That's interesting that provision was quietly slipped into the spending deal by Senat leaders and provoked wide bipartisan ayre among House lawmakers who have said they are looking for future avenues to strike it down.
Speaker 2: But it was just passed. If they had sought to take.
Speaker 1: It out of the spending deal, it would have prolonged the shutdown because any changes the House made would have sent the measure back.
Speaker 2: To the Senate for final approval. Okay.
Speaker 1: Representative Chip Roy of Texas, a conservative Republican who was one of the Biden Department of Justice's harshest critics, right, said it was beside my comprehension, is a direct quote, beside my comprehension that this got put in the bill, and it is why people have such a low opinion of this town. No, that's not why, you know, And again, this guy is a Republican and a very conservative person, very you know, not happy with the bid. I get that there is a long list, there's novels, there's whole encyclopedias of reasons why people have such a low opinion of Washington, DC.
Speaker 2: That's that's not just this one thing. But all right, cool.
Speaker 1: Speaker Mike Johnson said on Wednesday, ahead of the vote that the House Republicans would introduce legislation to repeal that provision and would fast track the measure for a vote as early.
Speaker 2: As next week.
Speaker 1: That is excellent, now, We have updates that are going on with this article right now. Let's see Trump repeats his calls for Senate Republicans to terminate the filibuster. During the government's shutdown, he openly or he only sparingly engaged in negotiations to reopen the government. Instead, he tried to pressure Republicans to end the filibuster. Let's see, who is this guy? Zolon Kano Young's I don't know what that dude is about, but is the writer?
Speaker 2: This is a direct quote from Trump.
Speaker 1: I just want to tell the American people, you should not forget this, Trump says, imploring voters to remember the shutdown.
Speaker 2: When they go to vote in the midterms.
Speaker 1: It seems clear Trump is prepared to use the shutdown as political ammunition against Democrats.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, no, shit, Sherlock.
Speaker 1: Polling, however, shows most Americans blame Republicans for the shutdown. I would love to see what polls they're pulling on that one. And Democrats are still prepared to attack the White House over healthcare after weeks of asking Republicans to cap healthcare premiums before reopening the government. Uh yeah, long story short, it's a lot of fingerpointing It's a lot of name calling, as always expected in Washing DC. But let's move forward in this conversation and let's read this or let's hear from this, and there is a Fox News breakdown of the House passing the bill to end the historic government shutdown, sending it to Trump tonight. Y'all send me a thumbs up if y'all can hear this one.
Speaker 3: Fox Shows Alert.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to Aisha Hosny. Do they have it here?
Speaker 5: It is congratulations, Jesse Waters live on your show. We are reopening the federal government. The votes have surpassed the magic number of two seventeen. That was the number if everybody.
Speaker 6: Was in attendance.
Speaker 7: We knew we had an attendance problem.
Speaker 5: But now we are now at two hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 2: Because you look at the.
Speaker 5: Democratic lane right there, that line six Democrats have already switched across party lines and voted with Republicans. That is, we expected a couple of them.
Speaker 8: To do that.
Speaker 5: The moderate is the centrists of people who were against a government shut down, that didn't feel good about it, that wanted to reopen the government, even if they wanted to fight for those Obamacare subsidies.
Speaker 2: Those are the.
Speaker 5: Ones that have switched over and voted along the Republicans, and there you go.
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 5: They have not gabbled this yet, so technically, officially we have not passed this bill yet. But the Speaker Mike Johnson does have the votes right now to officially end this government shutdown. And what will happen next is after they gabble and they make this official. This will then go to the White House tonight because the President wants to be done with this as quickly as possible. He wants to sign it into law in immediately, get the federal government back open, and get paychecks to those federal workers, get the flights back in order. This has been nothing but chaos for the past forty plus days, and the Republicans want this to come to an end as quickly as possible. But here we are, after all of this time, the back and forth, the Democrats really did not get anything out of this, except for perhaps another fight later in January.
Speaker 9: Oh you mean you mean?
Speaker 2: You mean we're going to do this again? Is all?
Speaker 10: This is all I do here, Jesse.
Speaker 5: It's talk about funding the government over and over again. So this, yes, this bill only funds the government through January thirtieth, so it only gets us through the end of January. And I gotta say, if they don't figure out this Obamacare stuff, if they don't figure out how to appease these Democrats, they might try this again. Who knows it worked for the I mean, they got a lot of they got their base riled up. They feel like they got something out of it. They may try it again if they don't get what they want. So we will be talking again in a com All right, Well, I hope that doesn't come to it.
Speaker 2: As much as I like having you on, I hope we don't have to do this all over in January. You know, I have a weird feeling like we're gonna have to do all this again in January.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, but we'll see. We shall see good members of the wet new Now, now we've gotten that out of the way, and I got to say, I am thankful that the government shutdown is about to end, even if it is temporary, even if it is only going to be until the end of January. I am hoping and praying that adults could start adulting and doing their job and finding some sort of a common ground here, because if I'm not mistaken, they just found all kinds of issues with our medical system, which to the shock of literally no one, and they have many, many ways that they're going to start making medical care or more affordable for everybody.
Speaker 2: Which should.
Speaker 1: Big underline and bold letters in italicized, should make it a little easier for the insurance companies, therefore making it.
Speaker 2: Easier for us. We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's move on to the next topic of discussion. I thought this was rather interesting. This happened yesterday on Veterans Day, I might add, Trump holds the first ever White House meeting with Syrian leader.
Speaker 2: Now this Syrian leader, just everybody is all up to speed here. This Syrian leader or Syrian president quote unquote, is also the former leader of Syrian al Qaeda. That is a major sticking point with this particular guy. Syria has been in a bit of a some turmoil here in the past few years.
Speaker 1: This guy is basically the warlord that took over and has tried to bring the Syrian nation back on under heel and try to get them to be an operational nation. For the most part, he hasn't been one hundred percent successful. He's had a pretty good go of it as far as that goes through. Let's just call it, for lack of better words, at sword point if you're picking up what I'm putting down.
Speaker 2: But hey, there it is.
Speaker 1: And Trump is actually speaking with international relations groups to get them listed or he anyway off of the terrorist blacklist, which is very interesting. All these people think that Israel is running Trump. Meanwhile, he just invited the leader of al Qaeda in Syria to the White House.
Speaker 2: I have a weird feeling that.
Speaker 1: Israel and net and Yahoo are not too thrilled about this. But let's watch this little news clip to talk more about it.
Speaker 2: Let's listen in.
Speaker 11: President Trump welcome the president of Syria at the White House today and announced a new partnership with the country. Akhmed al Sharah led efforts to overthrow former Syrian dictator brasharl Assad last year. He is a former member of al Qaeda, but has since denounced the group. On Friday, the Trump administration removed his name from a list of global terrorists, and today it announced Syria would join a US led coalition to defeat ISIS. Unlike most of President Trump's meetings with foreign leaders, the press was not allowed inside the room to ask questions.
Speaker 3: This cell phone.
Speaker 11: Video from CBS suss Aaron Navarro was the only footage we have of all Chara leaving the White House. Here's what President Trump said about the meeting hours later.
Speaker 8: He's a very strong leader.
Speaker 12: He comes from a very tough place, and he's tough guy.
Speaker 4: I liked him.
Speaker 9: I get along with him.
Speaker 3: The president.
Speaker 12: The new president is Syria, and we'll do everything we had to make Seria successful because that's part of the Middle East.
Speaker 11: CBS News National security contributor Sam Vinnigrad joins us. Now, So Sam, what message does it send for President Trump to welcome the Syrian president to the White House And how much should we read into the fact that the meeting was not open to the press and that he was necessarily welcomed into the White House in the typical way that many foreign leaders are with cameras and the like.
Speaker 13: Well, lindsay, I think it's unfortunate the press was not allowed to ask Ahmet Alshada some tough questions about his record and his plans for Syria. I do think it's the right call that President Asharda has not given all the same accolades as other visiting officials. Many security analysts are hoping that President Ashara is committed to stabilizing Syria, to denouncing terrorism, to turning away from Russia in Iran, which had been partners of the al Asad regime for decades. But the proof is going to be in the putting. President Alshada is certainly saying all the right things when it comes to, for example, counter terrorism, cooperation with the United States and his focus on unifying Syria, but whether he's being pragmatic in the short term or is committed to pragmatism over his original ideology over the longer term, lindsay is an outstanding question.
Speaker 11: What can the US and Syria do for each other? What do both sides want from this relationship.
Speaker 13: Well, in the short term, the Syrian people desperately need support rebuilding their country, so assistance dollars are going to be desperately needed. There are some problems with that based upon some sanctions that still remain in place, but certainly assistants rebuilding the country. Support is necessary to try to unify the country and to bring various factions together. And at the same time, the United States would greatly benefit from cooperation from Syria in, for example, countering ISIS. That's why this announcement that Syria will now join the Countering ISIS coalition is so important. Over the long term, the United States is looking for Syria to become an ally in the region, to renounce violence against Israel, to colm relations with Lebanon, and to stop turning closer towards Russia in Iran and other countries that are hostile towards US interests.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a couple of little keynotes, and Tony, I would really love for you to weigh in on this one here, brother.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: The dude is confirmed at one point in time a member of al Qaeda. Okay, cool, he has since renounced the group. Okay, fine, This guy just in the past week was taken off of the lists of known terrorists, and now the United States government is teaming up with a former al Qaeda leader to battle against ISIS, and we're gonna team up with him to go against terrorist groups. Former al Qaeda guy. I feel like I've heard this one before. Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody, But I feel like I've heard of this whole enemy of my enemy as my friend thing and I also think it's very interesting that it is the same country, of all places, where Russia has their biggest air station and naval station that goes into the Mediterranean Sea. And as everything is going on with Ukraine and Russia right now, which we will get to here in a moment, I find it very interesting that Trump decided to make this strategic play with the quote unquote Syrian president right now. And like it was said, he didn't get any of the big uh, you know, fanfare and pomp and all the things with his visit to the White House.
Speaker 2: There's a reason for that. I agree.
Speaker 1: They're they're trying to keep it as low key and under wraps as possible that Trump is meeting with who a week ago was a known terrorist. So I find that all very very interesting, and we will be keeping our eyes on the Syrian US relations moving forward. Because my god, this sounds like a little revamp of the Moujahadeen and American forces to fight against the Soviet Union in these seventies and eighties. I'm not saying that as one hundred percent. In fact, I'm saying it really it rhymes. It rhymes a bit here, Sam, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's funny that you mentioned the Mouja Haadin.
Speaker 4: That's because that was the predecessor to the Taliban sash al Qaeda.
Speaker 3: But what happened to America not negotiating with terrorists?
Speaker 1: They just took him off the terrorist list before he came to America.
Speaker 4: Look, id, people can change, but once a terrorist story is a terrorists like, you can't wash that sin away.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of blood there.
Speaker 1: I find it interesting the guy that only I would even argue probably last year, was screaming death to America just got invited to the Oval Office.
Speaker 2: That's very crazy to me that that.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe I'm just overreacting, I'm paranoid or whatever, but you can't How can you walk with somebody that actively said death not only to you, but your your nation and your culture.
Speaker 1: Now that being said, this is not the first time that a group that is considered terroristic in nature leaders were invited to the White House under the Obama administration. If I'm not mistaken, they had Taliban leaders invited to the Oval Office to speak with Old Barry.
Speaker 2: So it's been done before. But at the same time.
Speaker 3: You're talking about black Hussein Obama.
Speaker 2: That's the guy.
Speaker 1: But that being said, at the time, the Taliban was pretty much the only active arm of law within the nation of Afghanistan. I'm not exactly a fan of that. I don't like that that was a true statement that I just said. But the fact is, if we wanted to try to make an exist strategy happen, we had to work with the Taliban in order to go as peacefully and calmly as possible, since they're really and truly the only arm of the law in Afghanistan.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have the Afghan Army. That's a laughable organization to say the least. Pretty much you had to go through them, especially whenever they're the ones that are growing the opium that would later the poppy that would later be turned into the opium and the opiates and all these things. And for a couple of years there it was like every we talked about this on the cult a couple of years ago when we're talking about the Golden Triangle of the Vietnam War era and now the Golden Cresset when it came to the post nine to eleven conflicts. In the last decade and a half, the Taliban has gone back and forth over whether they are okay with or against the growing of poppy for the uses of making heroin and opiates. One guy would take over and say, no, that is against Sharia law. It goes against Halla, and we don't want that. So they would burn all the poppy fields and they would find other ways to.
Speaker 2: Earn their daily bread.
Speaker 1: New guy would come over and take over from him and say, all right, we're all broke. Now we need to make money, and the poppy fields are money making machines, so we're back into the poppy trade. Then a two or three years later, some new guy would take over and it was just as back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. So at that time, Barack Obama inviting the Taliban to the White House, I'm not cool with it, but I could at least understand where he was coming from on that regard. Now cut too literally, we're not even talking like, oh, when he was in his young twenties or you know, a young teenager, he was associated with a criminal element. This dude, as he was taking charge of Syria during their civil war, was representing Syria and al Qaeda, and now he is becoming a asset to the United States to fight isis. I find this to be very interesting. Couple that with all of what's going on with Russia in the Ukraine conflict right now and how Russia has those assets in the nation of Syria.
Speaker 2: I find that to be very interesting.
Speaker 1: Like I said, everybody, we're going to keep an eye on this as time moves forward. Now, let's talk about this House Oversite Committee.
Speaker 2: And government reform.
Speaker 1: All right, this is from the Democrats Oversitedemocrats dot House dot gov. House Oversite Committee releases Jeffrey Epstein email correspondence raising questions about White House cover up of Epstein files. Okay, now here's this is a very interesting topic because depending on which new source you're looking into, you're gonna get two very different takes on the new emails that were released quote unquote. Now, the Democrats are saying that this shows that Trump was not only complicit in Epstein's actions and all of what he was doing, but that he went out of his.
Speaker 2: Way to cover it up.
Speaker 1: The Republicans are saying, these emails, if anything, show that Trump had no wrongdoings in any regard. Y'all be the judge on that. As we get into this, let's read this was actually released No. Number twelve of twenty twenty five. Interesting Yes, today, this tranch of correspondence raises questions about Trump and Epstein's relationship, Trump's knowledge on Epstein's crimes, and relationship to victims. This is from Washington d C. Of course, Today, Oversight Democrats and ranking member Robert Garcia released never before seen emails from the latest production from Jeffrey Epstein's estate, striking a blow against the White House's Epstein cover up. Yeah, Epstein is still having the last laugh from the gravel on this one. In private correspondence with Giselain Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein wrote in twenty eleven that Donald Trump quote spent hours at my house end quote with a victim of sex trafficking, referring to Trump as quote dog that hasn't barked.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 1: In a separate email with author Michael Wolfe in twenty nineteen, Epstein stated explicitly that Donald Trump quote you about the girls, as he asked Giselaine to stop end quote. In another email with wolf in twenty fifteen, Epstein and wolf discussed it they can quote craft an answer end quote for Trump's upcoming CNN interview, with Wolf characterizing Epstein's leverage over Donald Trump, saying if he says he hasn't been on the plane or to the house, then that gives you a valuable pr and political currency. The Epstein estate released a total of twenty three thousand documents that the Oversight Committee is currently reviewing.
Speaker 2: This is a direct quote. Again.
Speaker 1: The more Donald Trump tries to cover up the Epstein files, the more we uncover. These latest emails and correspondences raise glaring questions about what else the White House is hiding and the nature of the relationship between Epstein and the President. That was from Robert Garcia. The Department of Justice must fully release the Epstein files to the public immediately. The Oversight Committee will continue pushing four answers and will not stop until we get justice for the victim. The three emails from the proof of production can be found below. So let's read this here. These are emails. We're gonna They're not long, it's not like these are paragraphs and paragraphs, but we are gonna read this. This is from Jeffrey Epstein to Gmax.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I want you to realize that the dog that hasn'tbarked yet is Trump dot dot dot redacted spent hours at my house with him. He has never once been mentioned police chief, et cetera. I'm seventy five percent there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The redacted name of the victim as of this moment is believed to be Virginia Guffrey. Now there's reasons for why that Republicans might have redacted that immediately.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of there's a lot of open to interpretation when it comes to this, but let's continue. It says the information contained in this communication is confidential, may be attorney client privileged, may constitute in side information. It is intended only for the use of the address.
Speaker 2: He is the.
Speaker 1: Property of Jeffrey Epstein on author's use. Okay, it's the copyright stuff, all right. Now, let's go to the next email. It says, I want you to realize that, oh yeah, that's the same actually the same email, but it's.
Speaker 2: The redaction. Isn't as clear on this one moving forward.
Speaker 1: Email number two is direct correspondence between Jeffrey Epstein and Michael Wolfe redacted victim's name, mar Lago redacted name. Trump said he asked me to resign, never a member ever. Of course he knew about the girls as he asked his lane.
Speaker 2: To stop direct quote direct quote.
Speaker 1: So what we are saying here is that Trump Year's bag, which we already knew about this. Trump has been very open with the fact that he and Jeffrey Epstein had a falling out years and years back. There's some stipulations to that, some chicanery, if you will. Some will say it's because Trump just never really appreciated him as a business partner or anything like that. He tried to There's another quote or another storyline, I guess you could say, to say that Epstein tried to hire some of his younger, not underage, younger, but still younger employees from mar A Lago. He was trying to basically poach them, and Trump wasn't a fan of that and knew what he was up to, so he had a.
Speaker 2: Falling out with him.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of back and forth on this, but again continuing here, Email number three, direct correspondence between Jeffrey Epstein and Michael Wolfe. I think you should let him hang himself. That's from Michael wolf to Jeffrey Epstein. If he says he hasn't been on the plane or to the house, that gives you a valuable pr and political currency. You can hang him in a way that potentially generates a positive benefit for you, or if it really looks like he could win, you could save him generating a debt. Of course, it is possible that when asked, he'll say, Jeffrey is a great guy and has gotten a raw deal and is a victim of political court correctness, which is to be outlawed in a Trump regime.
Speaker 2: Take what you want with that, Take all this how you want it.
Speaker 1: But essentially, and this is another one, as a matter of fact, this is a direct correspondence tween. I'm sorry, I'm sorry that continues down here. The correspondence reads, I hear CNN is planning to ask Trump tonight about his relationship with you, either on air or in a scrum afterwards. If we're able to craft an answer for him, what do you think it should be?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: That was the first one, Jeffrey Epstein to Jeffrey Epstein from Michael Wolf talking about the CNN. The next one was to Michael from Jeffrey says, if we're able to craft an answer for him, what do you think it should be? This one is too Jeffrey from Michael, and then that's when it's that I think we should let him hang himself in that whole debacle. Now the Democrats are acting like this is some massive lynchpin that is going to be the thing that ruins Trump. Meanwhile, the Republicans are acting like, well, you heard him, nothing about him ever having any affiliation with these young girls. If anything, he was complicit in it, but he didn't partake of any.
Speaker 2: Of these things. And this is just Jacob speaking on behalf of Jacob.
Speaker 1: I think that if somebody, not just Trump, anybody is complicit in these types of crimes, you know what's going on, you're doing nothing to ensure that this person gets justice. I'm sorry, in my opinion, you are at least partially guilty. But on this one, it's all or nothing. Either the basketball goes in the hooper it doesn't, but hey, these emails, we'll see how it goes. A lot of Republicans are also saying these emails are a Democrat hoax.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's read in on this one here talking on behalf of the Democrats. This is a CNN article, So again take that how you want it. The federal government shut down provided President Trump a week's long reprieve from major revelations about his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. But as Congress looks to reopen the government this week, it's clear Trump's Epstein problem hasn't gone away. The big news Wednesday morning was that House Oversight Committee Democrats at least three emails obtained from Epstein's estate that mentioned Trump. Those emails came amid another huge release from the GOP led committee on Epstein's documents that CNN is still reviewing. In one twenty eleven email, he called Trump the dog that hasn'tmbarked, And we already read that email, let's see. And in twenty fifteen, Epstein writes to an author, Michael Wolf, about how Trump might handle questions about his past relationship with Epstein. Again, we already read the emails. The emails are re night questions about what Trump knew and when. There have remained huge unanswered questions about what Trump knew and when about Epstein's.
Speaker 2: Proclivities proclivities rather.
Speaker 1: That's especially given Trump's explanations have often proved evasive or false. The White House responded to the initial three emails mentioning Trump by arguing Democrats had selectively leaked the emails to create a fake narrative to smear President Trump.
Speaker 2: And in one regard, I could understand that.
Speaker 1: Need we forget how the entire first term that Trump was in office, the Democrats did everything they could to smear his name, Russia, gay, cofefe, all these things.
Speaker 2: For the entire four years. They tried impeaching him for nothing.
Speaker 1: For nothing, they were trying to get the President of the United States to have a mug shot.
Speaker 2: We all remember that. So okay, I could understand that.
Speaker 1: But that was also before we really knew that there was any kind of connection whatsoever between Trump and Epstein. Also, it's worth mentioning, but these emails certainly deepen the intrigue about what Trump knew. To recap what we already knew, Trump in two thousand and two referred to how Epstein liked women quote on the younger side.
Speaker 2: We've all seen that clip.
Speaker 1: A Florida businessman said in twenty nineteen interview that he raised concerns with Trump about Epstein going after younger girls at a nineteen ninety two Calendar Girl event, which we have seen that video. As a matter of fact, Trump invited Epstein to some model party at his penthouse suite. Come to find out, Epstein and Trump were the only attendees of this party other than very young model types. Okay, but to my knowledge, none of those girls were under the age of eighteen. I'm not saying that's good. I'm saying that's better than if they were fourteen and sixteen. I think we can all agree with that. But anyway, continue going on it, says. Trump's advisor Roger Stone in a twenty sixteen book, quoted Trump talking about how Epstein's swimming pool was full of beautiful young girls and joking that it was nice of Epstein to let the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Kids use his pool.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was already some mention of these things, and we all remember hearing about these. The president and his aides have also repeated repeatedly said Trump distanced himself from Epstein because Epstein was a creep quote, but without elaborating on why precisely Trump viewed him as such. Beyond that, Trump this summer acknowledged being aware of Maxwell recruiting employees, including Guphrey, at at mar Lago, but he seemed to be quite reluctant to go into detail. The question from there was whether Trump had an inkling about what Guphrey had been quote unquote recruited for. And again rip two Virginia Guffrey, who they are still saying committed suicide. That is mind blowing to me, but sure that's the official narrative. I suppose Trump said he didn't know really why quote unquote Maxwell was recruiting people. Maxwell has denied recruiting people, but Guphrey was a minor to the extent Trump was aware of the particulars of the situation and was aware of Epstein's taste for younger females. That would seem to raise red flags. I would agree it makes us ask if he was aware of Jeffrey Epstein and Giselaine Maxwell's criminal actions. Guphrey's two brothers and her sister in law said in a statement this summer. In twenty nineteen, Epstein email released by the committee says Trump, of course he knew about the girls.
Speaker 2: As he asked Geslaine to stop.
Speaker 1: That doesn't prove Trump knew what Maxwell and Epstein were recruiting the girls for, but it suggests that Trump was involved in telling Maxwell to knock it off and was seemingly familiar with the details of the situation.
Speaker 2: I could see where they're coming from on that.
Speaker 1: In twenty eleven, I've seen emails that suggest Guffrey spent hours at his house with Trump. Also adds to the relevance of the relevant facts here. When Trump was acknowledging his awareness of Maxwell's recruiting at Mar A Lago, he initially said he didn't know if it was Gufphrey who had been recruited, but then he quickly said that.
Speaker 2: It was indeed her.
Speaker 1: If Trump actually spent time with Guffrey, as Epstein's emails seemed to say, it would not only raise questions about why, it would also make Trump's handling of the situation appear even more bizarre. And it's clear from Guphrey's own memoir that they knew each other and had had conversations about her working for his friend. Quote here, Trump could have had been Trump couldn't have been friendlier, telling me it was fantastic that I was there. Guphrey writes about the time that her father took her to meet Trump in his office. She goes on to recount that Trump asked her if she liked children, and explained that he had friends in the house next to the resort who needed babysitting their kids. So Trump seemed to be a gentleman about everything. The email's undercut Maxwell's attempt to distance Trump from Epstein. The Trump Justice Department decided to interview Maxwell, a convicted sex offender, this summer while her appeals were ongoing. It did so despite her established credibility problems and motivations to.
Speaker 2: Say what the administration wanted.
Speaker 1: But I also think it's interesting to note they're the only ones that actually decided to question her. Four years under the previous administration, no one ever questioned just lame. No one ever got her on the little table and had a little tape recorder in the camera in the room and had a conversation, just tell me everything, you know.
Speaker 2: No one had done this. I find that also very interesting.
Speaker 1: Trump at the time hadn't ruled out the possibility of pardoning Maxwell.
Speaker 2: We've all heard him say that, like he totally could.
Speaker 1: He's not saying he will, He's saying it's within his power to do so, which also is not something that, in my opinion, you should be saying on the mic on camera to the world that conversation shouldn't even be happening in your own head.
Speaker 2: But okay, Trump, I'm sorry, let's see here.
Speaker 1: And around that time, we also learned Maxwell had been moved to a lower security prison camp for which she didn't appear eligible as a sex offender. The administration still hasn't explained how this happened. Months later, and sure enough, Maxwell said things that were helpful to the president. She basically said that she had no knowledge of any of Trump's wrongdoings and downplayed his relationship with Epstein. But the new emails call her claims into question a little bit, just a little bit. Speaking of Trump and Epstein's relationship, Maxwell said in her testimony the transcript, which was released in August, direct quote, I don't think they were close friends or I certainly never witnessed the President of in any of I don't recall ever seeing him in the house, for instance.
Speaker 2: Okay, But the.
Speaker 1: Newly released emails suggests Maxwell was aware of Trump being at Epstein's house at least as of twenty eleven. After Epstein, in the email, referenced someone spending hours at my house quote unquote with Trump, Maxwell responds, I have been thinking about that. Maxwell's attorney didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on Wednesday. This is not the first Maxwell claim from that interview that has been called into question very much. So anyway, we're not going to read the entire article. I think it's worth mentioning that these three emails have been released. This does not make Trump uncredible. It does make things look way worse for him as far as this is concerned. If you had prior knowledge of what was going on with Jeff and you did nothing to stop it, Oh yeah, you told them to knock it off.
Speaker 2: Bro, that's not enough.
Speaker 1: These are children and they need help, and you, being a rich you know, billion, had the means of helping them, or at least getting it in front of somebody who was appropriately designated and authorized to take it to a higher level, and you still didn't. That being said, there is still questions about his entire Department of Justice, and they're mishandling of this situation. He ran and got elected talking not primarily. It wasn't like he was elected just because of the Epstein files, but he was elected, and the majority, the vast majority, I mean the I would say almost all of his constituents put him in office because we knew that he was going to release the files. The way that he has handled this, the way that his Department of Justice has handled this, the way that the FBI have handled this, has called into question everything that his voters put him in that office for because of it. It's like it's a snowball effect. If it starts here and your side stepping in, Now, what else are you going to sidestep? And for your own purposes? Now cut to cash. Bettel went on and on and on. Pam Bondi went on and on and on. There's tens of thousands of hours, there's all this evidence, there's these lists. We gotta go through it all and then out of nowhere to sidestep it. Keep in mind, there was accusations that were made about some CIA agents that were put to task to go through the entire Epstein files and redact everything that had Trump's name on it, and it seemed to be a lot more than these three emails with a redacted name. Allegedly, and I don't know how verified this claim is, but allegedly it took them three months to go through everything and redact his name because it was on there so much.
Speaker 2: I don't know to what level.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was for the business side of things, because again, Jeffrey Epstein was a money laundering king of the world, so it's very possible that Trump was utilizing him to hide some money, and that's where all the references are for.
Speaker 2: Could be, could be, it could also.
Speaker 1: Be because of him using his plane from time to time, But we also cannot negate the possibility that it might have also been Trump going to that island. And until we get some sort of a confirmation that that is not what that was for, emails like this coming out are only going to fuel the fire of people that are making those types of claims. It would be oh so easy for Trump's Justice Department and his CIA, and his whole FBI rather and his whole administration to shut this down now and just release things and tell everybody the entire truth. The fact that they're not is only leading more credence to the opposition. Sam, I see her hand, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just gonna lead the lady the Virginia U chick.
Speaker 2: I can't go Virginia Guffrey.
Speaker 4: I was looking in at her. All that says is she committed suicide LIKEE. But did they say she hung herself or was she then the chick that lit herself on fire.
Speaker 1: No, she allegedly jumped in front of a bus days after being released from the hospital.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes no sense, and that it doesn't that's even coming from somebody who has had the ideation and everything. Yeah, I've been run over before by a vehicle. I would that is not a way most people would think of killing themselves, and especially you have a woman. A woman nine time is more likely to attempt it. But they're gonna use nine times ten. They're gonna either use peels so that they could look pretty in the casket or they're gonna be in a tub and slit their wrists nine times out of ten.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense the narrative of how she went and then call it and still to this day, Fox, CNN, every every major news outlet is ruling it a suicide when that makes no sense when looking at it and using a little I'm talking the slightest crumb of critical thinking. So that is still the going narrative towards her, even though her memoirs are still published. So yeah, it's a mess. It's a mess, and the Trump administration and his Department of Justice are doing nothing to clean up this mess, not even a little bit.
Speaker 4: The song by a Vicci that got him killed was, wasn't it very alluding that it was epstinct for a better Day where they banded the wood, put pedophile on the guy and hung him.
Speaker 1: In The Avici song in question is it wasn't the music itself.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the lyrics. It was the music video behind it.
Speaker 1: And as a matter of fact, we played it on the Cult Conspiracy God probably.
Speaker 3: Twenty four years ago.
Speaker 4: It was one of they all's fush episodes of you and Jacob together, and that's actually how I fush out of Avici.
Speaker 2: I am Jacob dude, I know ja man, I know you man.
Speaker 1: But honestly, yeah, it's I feel like that was only a year ago, but due time flies, that was four years ago. Good got almighty. But yeah, so it wasn't the lyrics itself. It was the content of the music video. It never made it seem like it was necessarily epstein. It was more to bring awareness to child trafficking just in general, in totality, and it uh yeah, he ended up paying the price in his own blood for that. Anyway, moving off of the Epstein conversation, let's go into this one now. As I was just in Philadelphia, as I literally passed by the US Mint. And if anybody doesn't know what the Mint does. They make money. They make the coins, they make the dollar bills. And if you ever look at a coin or a dollar bill and it has a small P on it that stands for Philadelphia, typically you'll see a D, a P and in certain case s and if it's a very old coin, you'll find an O for New Orleans, but that would be Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Dell, Denver, excuse me. And these are the places where the US money is actually printed and stamped and made. But it is also worth mentioning. And I personally feel attacked on this one because I collected pennies growing up, Like I have books that are like listed each year and from each mint that these pennies were made. I love it, I absolutely do, and I think some of my more valuable ones are the ones from nineteen forty three. That year pennies were actually stamped and steel, not copper, because all the copper.
Speaker 2: Was going towards the war effort. I think either that's my most valuable one or one.
Speaker 1: Of the Indian heads from the late eighteen hundreds. I'd have to go back and look with the books and everything. But the US Mint in Philadelphia where I just was, presses its final penny as the ones sent coin gets canceled. Yeah, that's right. America is about to do away with a penny as a whole. Back in seventeen ninety three, a penny could get you a biscuit, a candle, or piece of candy.
Speaker 2: These days many sit in drawers.
Speaker 1: Or glass jars and are basically cast aside or collected as lucky keepsakes.
Speaker 2: But their luck is about to run out.
Speaker 1: The US Mint in Philadelphia is set to strike its last circulating penny on Wednesday, as the President has canceled the one cent coin as the cost of making them became more than their value. And that's a very good point. They swapped from copper to zinc in shoot, I'm trying to remember that was back in the sixties. At some point in time, they swapped from copper to zinc. And now the price of all of that has gotten so expensive that it's literally not worth the amount of materials and time and machinery to stamp out a penny because it costs I think two times the mount per pennies, so you're actually losing money while making money.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: President Trump has ordered its demise as costs climb to nearly four cents per penny.
Speaker 2: God said two.
Speaker 1: It's four, and the one cent valuation becomes somewhat obsolete. The US mint has been making pennies in Philadelphia, the nation's birthplace, since seventeen ninety three, a year after Congress passed the Coinage Act.
Speaker 2: Today there are billions of.
Speaker 1: Them in circulation, but they are rarely essential for financial transactions in the modern economy or the digital age. For as long as the United States has minted pennies, which literally cost us more than two cents, Trump wrote in an online post on February or in February, as costs continued to.
Speaker 2: Climb, this is so wasteful.
Speaker 1: Still, many have a nostalgia for them, seeing them as lucky or fun to collect. I know, I do, and some retailers have voice concerns in recent weeks as supplies ran low and the last production neared. They said the phase out was abrupt and came with no guidance from the federal government on how to handle customer transactions. Some rounded prices down to avoid short changing people ha punintended. Others pleaded with customers to bring exact change, and the more creative among them gave out prizes such as a free drink in exchange for a pile of pennies. We have been advocating the abolition of the penny for thirty years, but this is not the way we wanted it to go.
Speaker 2: Jeff Leired of the National Association of Convenience Stores.
Speaker 1: Said last month, I had no idea there was a National Association of Convenience Stores, but there you go. So anyway, continuing on here, let's jump down it says the US Treasury Secretary, Scott Pissent and Treasurer Brandon Beach were expected to be in Philadelphia on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Afternoon for the final production run.
Speaker 1: The Treasury Department expects to save fifty six million dollars per year on materials by ceasing to make them, but they still have a better production cost to value ratio than the nickel, which costs nearly fourteen cents to make. The diminutive dime by comparison, costs less than six cents to produce, and the quarter nearly fifteen cents.
Speaker 2: Very interesting.
Speaker 1: So for anybody out there that does like a penny for whatever reason, they are about to go by the wayside and they're about to be antiqued even harder. On the other side of that, my collection is about to skyrocket in value, which that kind of makes me happy but also sad at the same time.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a bittersweet.
Speaker 1: Anyway, continue on here, let's get into some foreign conversations. Ukraine pulls back in southeast village and Russia says Pokrovsk encircled.
Speaker 2: Let's listen in from Reuters.
Speaker 6: Police and humanitarians evacuated residents from the frontline town of Juleepole and nearby villages in Ukraine's southeastern Zaparisia region on Tuesday. Ukraine's top commanders said Russian forces were exploiting bad weather conditions to infiltrate further into the region. Elderly and immobile civilians left their homes with threads from attack drones during the operation.
Speaker 3: It's scary, we're being bombed today.
Speaker 13: In the morning, I went outside and heard a drone fly by I stood there and heard how it boomed and banged.
Speaker 6: Ukraine's military said on Wednesday and had pulled back troops from nearest settlement on the southeastern front, but that it has stopped Russian advances in the area. This video, released on social media by Russian war bloggers on Tuesday and verified by Reuters, showed what they said were Russian forces entering the Ukrainian city of Pakrofsk, dubbed the Gateway to Denetsk by Russian media. In dense fog and in war torn vehicles, Russian soldiers rolled into the city on motorbikes and even on roofs of battered cars and vans. Moscow said it provides a platform to drive north towards the two biggest remaining Ukrainian controlled cities in the region, Kramataorsk and Sloviyansk. Russia has been using a pincer movement for more than a year to attempt to encircle Pikrovsk and threaten supply lines. Rather than the deadly frontal assaults. Ukrainian President Vladimirzelenski described the situation in Pekrofsk as difficult and that assaults were also increasing in Zaparisia. Ukraine's military set about three hundred Russian soldiers were now inside Pekrofsk, and Moscow had intensified efforts to get more troops in Over the past few days. It said Ukrainian forces were battling Russian groups in the city. Both sides have given different accounts of the battle, with routers unable to independently verify battle reports from either side. Russia's military says it now controls more than nineteen percent of Ukraine. Ukrainian maps tracking frontline changes show Russian control at nineteen point one percent of Ukraine, up from eighteen percent nearly three years ago.
Speaker 1: All right, now, let's get into this Al Jazeera article talking about this the Russia Ukraine. The list of key events as we are ending the one three hundred and fifty sixth day of what was supposed to be a fourteen day military operation worth noting. All right, let's see the fighting. Fighting continues in and around the Ukrainian city of Pekroufsk in the Eastern Dunesk region, with Kievan Moscow providing conflicting accounts of the situation.
Speaker 2: In the nearby town of mir no Rad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, if I mispronounced these names, I speak American English. The new Ukrainian military claims its forces were holding their positions in the city, saying that the defense of pscruffs pakrofts go okay amalgaation continues, but army spokesperson Andrey Kovelev acknowledged the provision of logistics to the town was complicated. The statement came after Russian Ministry Defense said its force were pressing in advance on the city and we're making gains in two of the town's districts. The Ukrainian Air Force also denied Russian claims of encircling the city, saying that food ammunition supplies to Ukrainian soldiers there are being replenished in a timely manner. The most intense fighting in Pokrovsk is currently taking place in the industrial zone, it said. Russian attacks on Ukraine's Dunesk and Dntpropestrovsk regions meanwhile killed at least one person and wounded two others on Monday, according to Ukrainiava Pravda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's their news outlet.
Speaker 1: An explosion from an unidentified ammunition in a hospital. War in Ukraine's Zaparijia region injured a man on Monday, police they were reported without providing further details. The Russian Defense Ministry also claimed advances in Zaparijia region, saying its forces that pushed Ukrainian troops out of the villages of Soladika and Novay. The ministry said Russian forces also seize the village of jesus Had Novika in the Donasku region then Russia. A man was seriously wounded in a Ukrainian drone attack in the village of Beliyanka in the Belgarod region.
Speaker 2: Has died in a hospital medic set.
Speaker 1: Ukrainian forces claimed an attack on pumping stations in the Havardiski oil depot in the Russian occupied Crimean Peninsula. Russian forces announced destroying four Ukrainian drone boats near its Black Sea port of Tuaps. The port head suspended fuel exports after a November two Ukrainian attack on its infrastructure.
Speaker 2: So there's the updates for the Russia Ukraine situation. Again. I've told you all, we're gonna keep our eyes.
Speaker 1: On it, and especially now that Trump is making really good buddies with the quote unquote Syrian president now.
Speaker 2: To used those quotes very very liberally here.
Speaker 1: I also think that that might tie in because if I could be so wrong here, and there may be a zero percent chance of this, but I could envision a scenario where we get tight with the Syrian warlord, I mean president right, and use that leverage to encircle not just US, but a foreign actor who might be a little more aligned with Ukraine, especially now that Russian air defenses quote unquote have continued to invade.
Speaker 2: NATO air spaces.
Speaker 1: Not in one country, not in three, there's like eight countries right now that Russian air assets have invaded their sovereign airspace. So if a couple of these European powers got together decided to encircle Russia's you know, Syrian ports and blockade them in the med Mediterranean Sea and use that as leverage to force Russia to come to the negotiation table.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, I could be so wrong, but I see that as a really likely possibility. If Trump is getting more aligned with the Syrian guy in charge right now, we can't sidestep that as a zero percent chance that that happens.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, I told you all, we're gonna keep our eyes on it, and we are going to especially with this new information. But let's continue on to the next conversation. Pakistan and India. We all know that they just had a big border dispute. There were some shots fired on both, there were some skirmishes that took place, but it seemed like cooler heads it kind of prevailed and they had had a little ceasefire. Tensions were still high, but it seemed like things were going to just kind of fizzle out. Everybody was gonna be cool here, Everybody's gonna be fine. And now we have more issues because Pakistan blames Indian proxies in a deadly Islamabad bomb that blasted and killed at least twelve people. Keep in mind New Delhi just had a suicide bomber attack that killed people as well, and they are both blaming each other for this. So now we have a possible ability of that skirmish on the border picking up again. Let's learn about this together. This is from Al Jazeera English.
Speaker 12: The funeral has been held in Pakistan for a lawyer killed in a suicide bombing outside an Islamabad court on Tuesday. He was one of twelve people who died in the attack. Pakistan's defense minister says that it has pushed the country into a state of war. An armed group linked to the Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility. It has heightened tensions in the region, with the government accusing both Afghanistan and India of backing armed groups. Both countries have denied the claim. Come on hyder reports from Islamabad.
Speaker 8: Given the fact that the attack ahead in Islamabad was an end of criminal attack outside the cicket court, which are not going to win any group any points, given the fact that innocent people were targeted. There was yet another attack in Southwark, Yidistan, this time along close to the Avran Borda and riched A. Pakistani security forces say that these fighters try to enter into a cadet college and that it took almost two days for them to clear that area without any loss to the students or the faculty. But at the same time, there's an important meeting going on in the Provincial Assembly of the Hyperpuuktunka province which is worth it by the recent violence and the governor, the Inspector General of Police, tribal elders and leaders of various parties are deliberating on how to come up with a policy in order to deal with the growing incidents of violence, which they will then be sharing with the central government. So indeed there is headway on that, and of course question marks as to why this attack took place in Islama paths, and that too at such a sensitive but again a public place.
Speaker 1: Don't miss it, all right, So let's go into reading this article here is from CBS newser targets Islamabad court killing twelve people as Pakistan condemns cowardly suicide attack Islamabad, Pakistan. A suicide bomber outside district court buildings in a residential area of the Pakistani capitol killed at least a dozen people. On Tuesday, Pakistan's Interior minister said at twelve thirty nine pm a suicide attack was carried out by or at the Kacheri district courts. So far, twelve people have been martyred and around twenty seven are wounded. That's Interior Minister Mosen Knakvi told reporters at the scene of the incident. He gives his first hand account of what would happen or what he saw that day. He entered the court building, A huge blast occurred and I thought the entire judiciary building would collapse on me. The guy, Zahid Khan, who gave that quote. He is an assistant to a lawyer in the court. He told CBS News. When I was upstairs, I saw people lying on the ground around the fire. Just three minute earlier, I had been at the exact spot while I parked my bike, I saw people lying injured with blood on the road, he said. He noted that the timing of the attack coming a week after Pakistani Taliban or TTP, along with some elements of the Afghan Taliban, issued threats against Pakistani cities. Pakistani later issued a statement saying the government strongly condemns the cowardly suicide attacks in Islamabad that claimed twelve innocent lives, including members of the judiciary. The Tarik Tariki Taliban Pakistan, which the TTP has claimed responsibility for the reprehensible act aimed at spreading fear and undermining Pakistan's judiciary system. The alleged suicide attack in Islamabad also came a day after militants stormed a military college in Wana in Pakistan South Wazen Natan or Waziristan region. Two militants were killed in the assault. Official said THET in statements shared with CBS News, denied involvement in both in Islamabad and Wanna attacks, but Pakistani security officials and analysis said the group was likely responsible for both.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of conflicting reports right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the TTP claimed responsibility for this act, that's a direct quote. Then the TTP, in a statement to CBS News denied involvement in.
Speaker 2: Both of these attacks.
Speaker 1: Take that with whatever grain of salt you want, go ahead, Sam.
Speaker 4: So I'm kind of I'm confused because like they're mad because that the government is trying to do a piece still with the Indian But I thought India and Pakistan were at each other's boat. And Pakistan don't they like their people. Don't they have like a strong history of suicide bombing their own people?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, so, my I guess what I'm questioning is why if there is a history and pattern recognition of this, why are they acting shocked?
Speaker 1: That's a fair question. Uh So, here's the deal. And I'm not even saying that this terrorist group had anything to do with it or not.
Speaker 3: What I am saying is that responsibility.
Speaker 2: They're saying that they're not responsible.
Speaker 1: The Pakistani media is saying that they are responsible, but at the same time that being said, they're also using this as fuel to reignite the tensions on the border with India, because as this suicide attack just took place India, they were swapping over to a new article here, India on Edge after deadly car explosion in capital region. Here's what we know, all right, So not only did Pakistan suffer something in their capital city, India suffered something in their capital city. A car explosion toured through a historic part of India's appital region on Monday, killing at least ten people and injuring many others, prompting the country's leader to vow to bring those.
Speaker 2: Responsible quote unquote to justice.
Speaker 1: The blast took place near the city's iconic red fort, also known as the Lal Kila, a seventeenth century monument and a symbol of India's independence. The area, a major tourist hub known for its crowded bazaars and street vendors, was immediately thrown into chaos. The incident, a rare occurrence for the sprawling metropolis of more than thirty million people, unleashed a scene of devastation in the heart of Delhi. Footage of the aftermath shows thick orange flames billowing out of the pitch black sky, vehicles twisted and charred from the blast, and victims strewn across the street.
Speaker 2: The cause of the blast.
Speaker 1: Is not yet known, and the Indian government has yet to blame any specific group. Comments from top government officials on Tuesday have begun to suggest the act was a deliberate one.
Speaker 2: Speaking from Bhutan.
Speaker 1: Where he is where he is on a visit, India's Prime Minister, Modi said, the horrific incident in Delhi has deeply saddened everyone.
Speaker 2: So now here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Nobody is willing to absolutely take credit for this as of this moment, but there are reports as of right now time of recording Wednesday night here that say that there are skirmishes picking up along the Pakistani and Indian borders. Now, could this be small groups of troops that are pissed off that they just had a bombing happen in their city or their country, I should say, And so they are seeing that is a reason to just reignite the whole conflict. Possibly, and maybe it's a very small unit, maybe it's not coming from orders from up top. Maybe these are soldiers that are acting on their own behalf. It's possible, but that also has the possibility of snowballing into reigniting the border conflict between these two countries. So as one of these explosions happened in the capital city in this country, and another one of these explosions happened in the apitol city of the other country, and these countries just got into a ceasefire agreement with each other.
Speaker 2: You see where I'm going with this.
Speaker 1: It might it may not, but it might reignite the conflict between these countries, and we need to be aware of that because that could have more of an inherent blowback for other Western nations.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Sham, so I stay with us secrely.
Speaker 4: If Indian Pakistan do just go to war and they plashheads like two goats, So what would that mean for us?
Speaker 3: Would that mean that we'd have to go and fight.
Speaker 4: Because because fortunately not fortunately, But and just in my my thoughts, I think that they should be like America, shouldn't get into it. Just let them fight each other and kill each other out. I think America has done enough bleeding for other countries.
Speaker 1: That's true, But as a matter of fact, I'm gonna look this up just so I don't speak out of turn here. I believe the United States and India just signed a military packed with each other.
Speaker 2: Just a couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: India was part of the BRICKS.
Speaker 4: So while they trying to get with US, if they're in bed with Russia.
Speaker 1: Because BRICKS is an economic union, what we talked about is the Yeah, it's right here. The US and India signed a ten year deference packed amid tariff turmoil. This is from Halloween. As a matter of fact, India and the US have signed a framework agreement to expand defense cooperation over the next ten years. The pact was announced after a meeting between US Defense Secretary Pete Hexsath and his Indian counterpart Rajnath Singh in Kuala Lumpur. The agreement will enhance coordination, information sharing, and tech cooperation and advance regional stability and deterrence. It comes as the two countries are trying to close a trade deal and tied over these tense ties after US President Trump's last fifty percent tariffs on India, including a twenty five percent penalty.
Speaker 2: For buying Russian oil and arms.
Speaker 1: Here's India and China just agreed that they're going to stop buying Russian oil from the sea. They didn't say anything about the land, but most of the oil is coming from boats anyway.
Speaker 2: It just it's the easiest way to go about it for them.
Speaker 1: They just agreed that they will stop buying Russian oil, and as a response to that, America just signed a military packed with India. So keep in mind also America does have I don't think we have any kind of real military packs with Pakistan.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna double check on that real quick.
Speaker 1: US Pakistan military packs.
Speaker 4: But what would happen if two NATO net countries did go to war against each other?
Speaker 1: That shouldn't be able to happen. That's the whole point of NATO is. I don't know honestly, but okay, so let's see here. It says there is no single overarching US Pakistan military pack today, but rather a series of agreements and a historic history of fluctuating cooperation, including past memberships in sinto which their GMO GMO jesus their co op basically, and more recent security memorandums. The relationship has been complex, involving military aid. Okay, cool, So As of this moment, America has way more ties to India than we have to Pakistan.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying that we would absolutely go to war with Pakistan.
Speaker 1: During the post nine to eleven Wars, we actually had a decent working relationship with Pakistan.
Speaker 2: Even though they.
Speaker 1: Were allowing Osam bin Laden to hide in their mountains. They weren't an enemy of US, but they also weren't an ally to Afghanistan or al Qaeda forces. They were kind of playing middleman as best they could. Meanwhile, Mody wants to buy more American tech. Right they were about to buy F thirty fives from US, but then decided to go with the Chinese made to thirty seven's or whatever it was. I forget the nomenclature. Forgive me for that, because they basically were given it to them at cut rate prices and claiming that they were some sort of a sixth or seven gen fighter.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind they do have canards.
Speaker 1: But keep in mind, whenever we say like sixth or seventh or tenth generation fighter, there is no standard metric in the air wing community of nations to say what makes something a second gin or third gen. Across the board, basically that nation's next generation of fighters could be what they want to call it. America's fifth gen is basically space age technology as compared to every other national on Earth. And it's not even close, like by a factor of about fifty years.
Speaker 2: Is not close.
Speaker 4: Yes, sam oh, I'm not not to be like popaganda or anything, but isn't all like isn't rush like one of the they just try to have one of their planes be fucking pop driven.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no, they have their uh, their nuclear missile, their nuclear powered missile that is going so slow that it might as well be prop driven.
Speaker 3: Yes, maybe they should just continue that.
Speaker 4: Maybe they should just go back to putting vodka in factors, and war just should not be a Russian game like that. They're they're the only good thing for war that Russia has done, or is flip the the M one but the M one going boat upside down.
Speaker 2: To make a a k very good point.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing that they're good for and sucks.
Speaker 2: But if I watch it, I do love the AK war and I love them sixteen platform. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I like the versatility of the M sixteen. I like how way I like it's I like its accuracy. I like how it's traversible, you're able to modify and do a lot with it. I do love that. But the AK is the war dog people, it is. It's the you feed it and it works for you, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, not not taken away from that.
Speaker 4: It is a good battlement, but it it's the accuracy of it.
Speaker 2: Like in eight round.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's we're talking about this versus this. Apparently this is more accurate than this. Well, respectfully, I disagree now to say that. Even further, if you were to give me a long stroke piston driven ar platform, Oh I'm here all day. I am here all day. That's literally my thing. I don't like the short stroke piston. I prefer long stroke piston driven.
Speaker 2: That's just me personally.
Speaker 4: I wish that America Go would instead of using the five five six, I wish we could go back to the thirty odd six, because all I'm saying is a five five six didn't win US two World Wars.
Speaker 1: Perfect example, I'm holding my left hand a thirty odd six round, am I right?
Speaker 2: I'm holding a five five six.
Speaker 3: I understand that. Keep in mind, I've had a mosin. I fucking loved my Mosin up until the point and tried to kill me.
Speaker 2: It'd be like that.
Speaker 4: And I understand guns don't kill people, but that that fucking commy gun had a ghost stat because I took the bullets out. That that motherfucker even checked that bitch before I and then the night before I went to do fucking fifteen count man arms and that bitch went off.
Speaker 3: Even though I know for a fact I took the bullets out, do.
Speaker 1: You like check the chamber to make sure one wasn't like lodged in there?
Speaker 4: Yes, I even because I understand there's sometimes a bullet can get lodge and the fucking extracted don't work. I even thought of that, but I shoot, you know, as soon as that bell went out from up under my chin, because I went to the shoulder and everything. I did not have good for him that day, but I I was trying to I was rusty, I was trying to polish that shit. Gotcha, it went there, it went off, and man, the bullet went was this far.
Speaker 3: They knocked the flag down.
Speaker 4: It really made my ears wing, and I was like, well, I know for a fact Jesus loves.
Speaker 1: Me today well, thankfully you're still with us, Sam, But yeah, you know, I agree, I would prefer us go to a better round. I like the thirty six personally, but even still depends on the application. I mean, if you're going for a sub sonic that is still as accurate, you could go for a three hundred blackout right, which was developed for so comm uses.
Speaker 2: They're doing a lot.
Speaker 1: They're doing a lot with weapons engineering right now, and I love it. And that's why I like like the honey Badger as a weapon that is excellent, and I wish we were able to put that to more scale.
Speaker 3: But shout out honey Badger, shout out to Q.
Speaker 1: But the thing is his his facility is only making as much as they're going to make because it's a money endeavor for him, and I get it.
Speaker 3: I'll talk about the Coltman and the Honey Badger.
Speaker 2: Oh, shoutout honey Badger.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, Yeah, But the Honey Badger is a good weapon system. I like the fact that it's an integrated or suppressor, which, funny enough, the stand had in World War Two, which also you can take this when it was first rated, it was like twenty five bucks. You can literally go in a into a lows of home depot, get about twenty bucks worth the midchew and walk out. You're gonna have a fully functioned on machine gun.
Speaker 1: Basically. I mean you can still do that now with a looty. You can build it yourself in machine a couple of parts. But it's it's really easy to make a fully automatic nine mil.
Speaker 4: Actually, dude, it's easy to make a fucking shotgun out of a bunk bed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you just need two pipes. Basically you used to make a pipe gun. But beside the point. Beside the point. Also as talking about the honey Badger, I do like it's little brother, the sugar Weasel as well.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm gonna have to look that one up.
Speaker 2: Think of a it's a honey badger that is chambered in five five to six.
Speaker 3: Oh, that that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we call it the sugar Weasel. It's also pretty dope. I will give it its flowers.
Speaker 2: But all right, So.
Speaker 1: Back to the overarching theme here, if India and Pakistan were to go into full fledged war, I don't think that the military alliance that America has with Indio would dict that we go to war with Pakistan. However, it would mean that we are going to be more on India's side as far as that's concerned, and give them some information, right, give them some intel, possibly give them a cut rate on some weapons systems and things like that. I don't know, and I'm not saying that the conflict of what's going on right now in these two attacks, they may have been done independently and from in house terrorist groups. It's very possible. But as of this moment, there are skirmishes, small skirmishes popping up all along the India and Pakistan border. Hopefully in the next couple of days that should be squashed and everybody can go back to being calm individuals and it won't snowball into an all out war. But it is worth mentioning. Pete Heg said just brought up the fact that World War IIE might be looming on the horizon. Trump just got on and said that he wanted to start retesting nuclear weapons. China's doing the same, Russia is doing the same, North Korea is doing the same. India Nintie sorry Iran has been pushing and push for their nuclear manufacturing capabilities and they're saying that they're doing it for nuclear power, even though it's confirmed that they were making yellow cake. And there's no reason you would be making yellow cake unless you are trying to push it to the limits of being weapons grade. So as all of these nations are reigniting their quote unquote nuclear programs, keep in mind Trump is now also trying to reignite America's nuclear programs. Pretty much any small conflict India and Pakistan included, could potentially lead to more things, that lead to more things, which lead to more things, which lead to a world war. I'm not saying it's a guarantee. I'm saying it's all possible, and we got to be aware of it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: About the World War three, Oh, I know that. Yes, historically we have had them. It is always it is. The possibility is always greater than zero. What I cannot help but to think that we are somewhat more I wouldn't say we're more civilized, We're more greedy more, we care more about that money. So why would Russia want to do anything that will fuck up their their their money getting. But then again, you with Iran, I don't know, don't look, give me look I understand the Slavic special ed.
Speaker 2: No, no, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But I mean keep in mind they're they're they are about the money, that's correct, But then they're also feeling that hit because their two biggest buyers of oil are no longer buying their oil.
Speaker 4: So, but I don't think Russia would actually use a nuke, especially on a country not even five miles away from them, because like that, that that radiation isn't just gonna be contained in Ukraine. The global air currents and uh water currents is gonna take that. That's gonna bite Russia in the ass, not just from all the other countries, but it's gonna bite them in the ass ecologically, and it's gonna bite them, bite them in the ass agriculturally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm still of the belief that everything of the nuclear conversation is is the ultimate saber rattle. But it's that's all it's ever gonna amount to.
Speaker 4: That's what everybody's worried about the about nuclear war, but because when people think of it, they think like fallouts. Though for that that happened, the bombs would have to hit the ground then explode. Sorry, but what has historically happened is it's an air burst, it blows up, takes out majority of the radiation, and which is why Narasaki can hear shama or livable today because most of the radiation it dissipated through dissipated within three days, ye.
Speaker 2: In like two weeks.
Speaker 4: Honestly, yes, what the reason why Chernobyl is so fucked is because it's all sitting there molting and just sitting on itself and there's no fixing Chernobyl. But Chernobyl should be the the the what the example because even that that that the they cut conas on it, they didn't do the jumping the mud right, they just dropped straight water on it.
Speaker 3: And that was a man made critical error.
Speaker 1: Now that being said, there is a new species of black mold that is our black fung gui that is growing on certain structures Inchernobyl, that is actually eating the radiation.
Speaker 3: So will find a way.
Speaker 1: Nature is finding a way to heal itself, even through human malfesians. But that being said, yet then there's examples of like downwinders that lived near or around nuclear testing sites and it wasn't like right, it wasn't like one bomb that went off and they called in and said they're like growing a third arm. It wasn't like that. But after years of nuclear testing and all of that blowing on them time after time after time after time, yeah, they started seeing some results.
Speaker 2: So like, I'm with you on that too.
Speaker 1: But no, I don't believe that World War three will devolve into a nuclear war. The media will have you believe these things. I don't think that's ever actually gonna happen. But as far as the alliance is with the India and the United States right now, I don't think that's gonna go nuclear either. I don't think the Russia conflict's gonna go there. I don't think North Korea is actually gonna do that. They tested a nuke, and that's a thing that took place. I don't think they would actually be dumb enough to use it. Even China, one of their closest allies, when they successfully launched that nuke, sent one hundred thousand troops to their border and said, hey, homie, I'm gonna need you to calm down on that shit, and Kim Jong finally listened.
Speaker 4: But even still, it's yeah, Vocketman is not doing so good.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: This is gonna sound controversial. I'd rather him being in charge than his fucking sister.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's not controversial.
Speaker 3: That's a fact that Broad is evil dog guy. Pretty sure she even killed her own husband.
Speaker 1: I think that she was a lot more had her hand in the killing of their uncle than Kim did.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm pretty sure that she's the one who killed their brother instead of Kim.
Speaker 1: I think that about the brother, the uncle that was You heard about him dying in Japan. Yes, We're gonna do an episode on the Cultic Conspiracy about that, the way that he was killed with VX. But it was off of the hands of those two girls that had no idea.
Speaker 3: What was that was their brother? That wasn't an uncle that was the brother?
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to do a little more digging.
Speaker 4: Uh it was either their uncle or yeah, it was an uncle that was like one of the real big business things. Who was in that was a puppet master of Kim's father, And when Kim came up, the uncle thought, well maybe I can just he thought he could just stay in that wall.
Speaker 3: No, Kim had him. Uh.
Speaker 4: If I'm not mistaken, he's the one that the rooms was that he was executed via AA gun.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, No, I'm talking about the one that got VX on his face in Japan. Was okay, Yeah, i'mna have to do more digging on it. We're gonna do an episode on the cultic Conspiracy about that soon.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't believe. No, you're good, You're good. I don't think that.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't think the world is at risk of nuclear war. I don't Are we at risk of World War three?
Speaker 2: Possibly?
Speaker 1: Possibly, and I hope not, but possibly, Well, it could be against Ai.
Speaker 2: That's a conversation we have. For sure.
Speaker 3: I think we are.
Speaker 4: I think if the nukes ever got used, just my humble opinion, I think it's because the clankers used it against us.
Speaker 2: It's very possible. It's very possible.
Speaker 1: But all right, moving on to the next conversational piece. As we were talking about certain things around the world, let's go a little further east into Asia and talk about the Thailand and Cambodia peace deal on the brink after clashing disputed border settlements. The incident, which Cambodia says left one civilian dead, comes two days after a TIE soldier was reportedly injured by a land mine explosion at the border, let's get into it. Thailand and Cambodia have traded accusations over another outbreak of violence along their shared border, marking the likely collapse of the peace accord agreed between the two nations last month. Late yesterday, Cambodia's government accused Thai soldiers of opening fire on civilians in a disputed settlement on the border between Cambodia's Bontier Mianhe Province probably mispronounced that and Thailand's Sa Kiyo Province.
Speaker 2: In a statement, the Ministry of Information said The Ministry of Information Okay.
Speaker 1: Said that Thai soldiers opened fire on Cambodian civilians around three point fifty pm yesterday. The incident led to the death of one civilian and injured three others, it added. In a subsequent Facebook post, Cambodian Prime Minister Han Manette said he strongly protested the unprovoked use of violence and that Cambodia remains committed to resolving this border issue peacefully, in line with the joint decorations signed by the two nations in Kuala Lumpur on October twenty six. The decoration, which was signed under the supervision of the US President Donald Trump and Malaysian Prime Minister Ibram was intended to end the border dispute that erupted in an open into open conflicts for five days in July, killing at least forty three people and displacing more than three hundred thousand civilians on both sides of the border. After initially denying that if fired at or injured Cambodian civilians, the Thai government yesterday confirmed the incident. However, Royal Thai Army spokesperson claimed that the Thai soldiers were responding to Cambodian troops who fired shots into Thai territory. The incident lasted about ten minutes before Kolm was restored. The statement read. No Thai casualties were reported. The incident took place in a disputed frontier settlement, which Cambodia says is part of the Prey Shan village in Bontier Manche, and Thailand claims it's part of Ban Nong ya qu Jesus village of Seikio. The area has in recent months been the site of a number of confrontations between Thai soldiers and Cambodian civilians who they have been blocked from land in homes that they have been occupying for decades. So anyway, basically, this small incident might become a big incident. And as well as that was going on, a Tie soldier stepped on a landmine. Now, where did that landmine come from? It's a very good question. That's not important. What is important is that that was done around the same time that this other incident took place.
Speaker 2: Both sides are blaming each other.
Speaker 1: It's becoming a whole issue, and it might spit in the face of the peace of court that they literally just signed. Let's go ahead and watch this little video on it. That's gonna give a little more description on this.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 16: A conflict in Southeast Asia is escalating. Tie and Cambodian forces are clashing along their shed border. The fighting has killed at least twelve civilians. Here's what we know so far. Thai officials say clashes are ongoing and at least six areas across the frontier. The first erupted near an ancient temple near Thailand's Surin Province and Cambodia's odd Mayanshade region. Despite efforts to ease tensions, the situation escalated quickly, with fighting across multiple disputed stretches of the border. Cambodia has been accused of firing rockets into a Thai village, while Thailand has carried out airstrikes on Cambodian military targets. At least twelve ties, mostly civilians, have been killed across three Thai provinces. Six of those deaths happened in Sizaket after shots were fired at a gas station. Both sides say they were acting in self defense, each accusing the other of firing the first shot.
Speaker 17: The Royal Thai government urges Cambodia.
Speaker 2: To seize its repeated.
Speaker 17: Act, which constitutes severe violations of international law. There are no other ways but to use the Royal Thai Air Force will defend ourselves.
Speaker 14: That glam John CROWNI Vilai Thai Gudika Hi.
Speaker 1: For the record, This guy speaking in a language that most of our listeners won't speak. He is basically saying that everything it took place today is Thailand's fault. He said, please remember, brothers and sisters in the international community that Thailand opened fire on us because they want our land.
Speaker 2: Hi, but you brought.
Speaker 16: Thailand has closed the border with Cambodia, telling Thai nationals to leave the country. This is the second armed confrontation since May, when a Cambodian soldier was shot dead. Tensions fled again over the past week when two separate landmine explosions injured Thai soldiers, prompting Thailand to swiftly shut the border. Clashes between Thailand and Cambodia are nothing new. The two countries share a frontier stretching more than eight hundred kilometers drawn up in nineteen oh seven under French colonial rule. Cambodia has been using the map as a reference to claim territory, but Thailand insists the map is flawed. Some of the most violent flashpoints have been around here, close to the one thousand year old pray Vehir Temple. Both countries claim the temple as their own, and in nineteen sixty two, the International Court of Justice awarded the temple to Cambodia, but the ruling didn't end the dispute. Instead, it made things worse, and over the last fifteen years, deadly skirmishes have continued in the area. These latest clashes reopen old wounds driven by nationalist passions, religious symbolism, and historical grievance. Leaders across Asia are now calling for an immediate DS Galatian.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, Sam, I see your hand raised, brotherly, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, okay.
Speaker 4: So just so that everyone's aware, a majority of the the minds that is in Asia right around high Land Laos, Cambodian.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple of them came from the Vietnam War and like the Korean War and ship like that, but majority of that was was placed there by the Japanese in World War two. Not just that, we also during Vietnam War we also dropped a fuck ton of anti personnel mines and shipped from airplanes and everything. And well a landmine doesn't care whether you're a fund for if you're a noncombatant a thousand years from now.
Speaker 3: As long as it's find that thing will go off.
Speaker 1: So I don't said it on the wires and things, but yeah, they're made to be protected against that for sure.
Speaker 4: Well, you have some land minds that if it's anti personnel, as soon as you step on it is going off. But the ones that that, oh, if you step on it don't go off. It's because a lot of times that's meant for vehicles. So it's gonna have like a required pressure weight like to actually set it on and explode and for a detonate.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know why Hollywood says, oh they stepped on a landline. As long as you don't move you okay, nah bitch.
Speaker 4: As soon as that that connects, that just completed, the circuit in that goes boom.
Speaker 3: I really like explosive state. They make my mind take tingle. That's why I don't want to be eod.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 1: But now there's other types of triggering devices. Some of them once you push it, it arms it and as soon as you lift off of it, it explodes. There's movies that make that seem like it's way more prevalent than it actually is.
Speaker 2: That they do exist, those type of lines do exist, and yes.
Speaker 1: They were used by Vietnamese forces, They were used in other areas and other conflicts.
Speaker 2: Russians use them at one point in time.
Speaker 1: That is Uh, those are not as prevalent as the movies would have you believe.
Speaker 2: Those are more of the rarities.
Speaker 3: Actually. Do you know what the British called it, the debocla but you know what we would call a bouncing betty m.
Speaker 4: An as mine for the in Germany, like when they would step it like here, it would bit taller. You can set it up like you can even even a lot of times that anyway, it would. It's a mind that when the circuit is completely shoots up the h the explosion and then it scatters ball barons about waist high. Yeah, why it's called the debocular because it would. They a lot of guys lost their family joels that way. They're also Asians they I mean, so did the drums in the British in World War One when they did the exact same thing with the booby traps, they would leave wirecutters as a fuck.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 4: But like stuff in like Covi and the Jungle and all, I guarantee you there are still there are still booby traps and all that our guys have set that are still pined in anything.
Speaker 2: We talked about that on an episode of the Cult.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, we're talking about the giant stone jars in Cambodia and Laos.
Speaker 3: These Yeah, I don't remember that one.
Speaker 1: They have these giant stone jars or pots or whatever you want to call it. There's a lot of speculation as to what they were used for in the ancient times and all these things. The problem is this area is along the huci Min trail and although these stone pots were laid there god knows how long ago, because they are on the huci Min trail, they have land mines littered all throughout the area, so we can only for archaeological digging and scientific purposes only access like ten percent of them. The rest of them, like, they're not cleared of land mines yet. So it's yeah, that was an episode we did this year. I know that much.
Speaker 4: Also, they wouldn't just use like explosives in everything that u They also used the pungi sticks and they would also have like the ceramic jaws or whatever filled with battlesnakes and everything. So when our out of rat tunnels would go in, they'd break that the jaw would come down, they'd hit a thing, it would make the jaw come open, and you got a pissed off coblo, battlesnake, what have you that you're you're gonna You're gonna get bit in the middle of a fucking tunnel.
Speaker 2: You can't see, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But again again we don't know as of this moment who set the landmine that the Cambodian soldier stepped on. It's very possible that it's a remnant of any one of those foreign nations from wars of many decades back.
Speaker 2: It's very possible that it was set by the tie fighters.
Speaker 3: Who knows tie fighters. We got start wars up in here now.
Speaker 1: No Thailand, Oh yeah, the other nations that's.
Speaker 2: Beefing with Cambodia right now.
Speaker 3: I understand that, but one of our I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: When I think of ties and like fighters, I'm thinking like muy Thai or a really pissed off lady boy that some domb assen didn't want to pay.
Speaker 1: That's where goes all right, all right, fair enough anyway, moving on to the next topic of discussion.
Speaker 2: This is from the BBC.
Speaker 1: Satellite images indicates burning of bodies after fall of Sudan's city.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it here.
Speaker 1: Analysis of satellite imagery suggests paramilitary fighters in Sudan may have burned bodies before burying them in mass graves after the fall of the city of El Fasher.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it here. It says claims of mass.
Speaker 1: Graves and body burnings in Sudan's l Fasher city following its takeover of the Sudanese city of l Fasher in October. We've been investigating reports that the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces or RSF, buried hundreds of bodies in mass graves there, burning some before doing so. In our previous reporting, We've now analyzed multiple satellite images of areas where we can see white shapes consistent with the size of adult bodies in shrouds and mounds of newly displaced.
Speaker 2: Earth near a former children's hospital.
Speaker 1: These were the first reported by a Yale Humanitarian Research Lab, which has analyzed further imagery of the grounds of the city's Saudy Hospital and said this indicates somebodies.
Speaker 2: Were burned before burial in mass graves.
Speaker 1: The Sudan Doctors' Network has said the RSF has done this to conceal evidence.
Speaker 2: Of their crimes against civilians.
Speaker 1: BBC Verify has obtained satellite imagery from Vantor, allowing us to confirm Yale's work, showing ground being dug, white objects at the site the next day, and black smoke emerging from the area a few days later. So this is actually a satellite image that they are talking about. Here, I'm gonna zoom in a bit so we can get a better look. So here we see fresh dirt and holes being dug. The very next day, that was October thirty, first November. First we see piles of what appear to be bodies in bags or shrouds. Right then the very next day nobodies, no shrouds anything like that, a lot of black smoke and soot. And then what they don't show here but you can find better images of now, because this was on November sixth. Today the area has no fresh dirt from a hole being dug. They've covered it up, basically, and they did this in an attempt to cover the evidence of their war crimes.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Sam, is this the because I know all as Streek that there were so many Christians being killed like Insidan you could actually see the blood, the pools of blood from space.
Speaker 4: Is this the ones that we're talking about last night? Oh, I swore it was. I was reading that it was at in Sedan.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I know Sudan's got some stuff going on too. I don't know if that is specifically against Christians or if it is like this is basically the RSF trying to just impose their will.
Speaker 2: And take over cities.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if you're a Christian in Sudan that that's bad for your health right now too, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, break it down, keep us a RSF. The rss NO.
Speaker 1: RSF is the Rapid Support Forces, which is essentially the new iteration of a group you may have heard of before called the Janjaweed. You remember hearing about a genocide going on in Sudan's the Darfur region and that the Dupes that were doing this were called the janjawed That group has now become the RSF.
Speaker 4: Why, Okay, So I'm just going off of the culture.
Speaker 3: And the location. I'm gonna assume that there of the Islamic faith. Of course you said the ginger wed.
Speaker 2: Right, yep?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Or ganja lead or whatever the fuck?
Speaker 4: Why is it that it sounds like that that name would be very problematic since it's not harm or that it is because it sounds like an intoxicant.
Speaker 2: Jan ja weed not ganja weed. But do you.
Speaker 1: In their language, that is not what they would use to describe the sacred herb if that's what you're getting at.
Speaker 2: Although I do think that's funny, that's good things.
Speaker 3: But everywhere might find there you.
Speaker 2: Go, there you go.
Speaker 1: So anyway, these are the images of what's going down in Sudan as of this moment. We now have a video that we're going to play to talk a little bit more about this. Let's learn together.
Speaker 15: The doctors in Sadan say the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces has been concealing evidence of its atrocities. The Saddan Doctors Network says fighters have been burning or burying bodies and mass graves in an attempt to cover up killings. In the Darfur region, the RSF took over Al Fasher, the capital of North dah Four two weeks ago, after driving out the army. The UN says there are reports of brutal attacks as people tried to flee the city. Well for the latest Morgan joins us from Khartoum. Now and these allegations of atrocities continue to get worse and worse, and all of this while the fighting actually continues to spread at the same time.
Speaker 10: Hibit Yes, indeed, now, these allegations and accusations by the Sudan's dotells.
Speaker 3: Networks is not new.
Speaker 10: We heard it from people who have been displaced from the city of Fashier following the RSF takeover last month. People saying that they saw the Rapid Support Forces opening fire and discriminately accusing each and every person in the city of Fawship of being affiliated to the army and its allied forces. Those who survived said that the rs HAVE did not differentiate between women, children, the elderly and actual fighters, and that even members of the alliance that is that the RSEF is part of, family, members of the alliance, of members of the alliance that the RSF is part of, have been killed in these indiscriminate attacks. Now, the RSF of course has been accused, have been accused of summary execution, mass killings, abductions, and those who we spoke to said that the RSF kills people even in their homes. Now that is where the RSEF took over from the Sudanese Army. There is fighting going on elsewhere in the town of Babanusa in West Krudufan, and the RSF launch repeated attacks on the army base there. On Sunday wave of attacks that apparently targeted the base with the hopes of taking control of it after months of siege. The Resistance Committee of Babanusa said that the city has been displaced completely or entirely from its civilians, and that the only remaining people there are the people that are finn to the army and the soldiers of the Sudanese Armed Forces. Now, of course there's also a concern of fighting elsewhere and siege by the RSF elsewhere in the cour Defan region, with the UN saying that as a result of these siege the situation there is quite catastrophic. The humanitarian situation there is very dire, with thousands and thousands of people in desperate need of humanitarian assistance.
Speaker 15: Hebert, thank you so much for all of that, Heimbert Morgan for us in Khartoun.
Speaker 1: Okay, So again, the situation in Sudan is not getting any better, and the RSF is absolutely running a monk. They are committing crimes against humanity as of this moment. And as I've said before and as I will continue to say, we will keep everybody informed as far as that goes.
Speaker 2: But I also think it's interesting to bring this up. The UAE, yes we are talking about Dubai is the main backer behind the Sudan war.
Speaker 1: Intelligence officer tells Sky News in an exclusive interview with an undisclosed in an undisclosed location, Sky News learns many of the planes landing in South Darfur are allegedly bringing weapons from the Middle East country, something its government vehemently denies. The tribal militia turned paramilitary RSF in Sudan are known to document their own war crimes, which is true. Videos of their fighters lynching women, lashing emergency responders, and cheering over dead bodies have circulated over online since the start of the rsf's war with the Sudan Army in April of twenty twenty three. One piece of evidence never really revealed any of their violent videos is who's backing them and why. In an exclusive interview with Sky News at a location we cannot disclose, an RSF intelligence officer confirms widespread allegations that the United Arab Immirates the UAE is the rsf's main backer in a war that has created the world's largest humanitarian crisis and force thirteen million people to flee their homes.
Speaker 2: In the beginning, it was the Russians, Wagner and the state.
Speaker 1: Now they tell me it's the UAE supporting the RSF, says Ahmed, using an alias to protect his identity. Originally from North Darfur, Ahmad or Ahmed lives a double life as a refugee in one of Sudan's neighboring countries while staying connected to forces on the ground. This is a direct quote from the anonymous source. Many of the planes landing at Nayala in South Darfur are said to bring weapons from the UAE and particularly through the amdraas Am Daras I don't know how to pronounce that word airport in Chad. It's a financial relationship no more. The RSF controls areas with large gold mines. Darfour alone has more than four or five gold mines. The UAE is a gold trading hub. So essentially, this guy's claiming that the UAE is exchanging weapons for slave mind gold out of Sudan and that the RSF is giving them a way better price than the Sudanese government.
Speaker 2: So it would be in.
Speaker 1: The UAE's best interest to support the quote unquote.
Speaker 2: Freedom fighters or rebels or whatever they want to call themselves.
Speaker 1: Let's see on the outskirts of North dar Force Coronoy Town, we meet Joint Task Force Intelligence Commander Idris Ali. The Joint Task Force forces are made up of former rebels from across dar four that the military armed the RSF to crush through mass ethnic violence in the early two thousands. We talked about that when they were called the Janjaweed and that was the genocide that was going on in Darfur. Now they are armed by the state to fight the RSF. Our patriotism does not allow us to surrender our right to the Lamb means we have to fight until our last breath, says Commander Ali. So anyway, I think it's interesting to mention this as we are talking about how Katar and the UAE are doing a lot to try to change their image on the world stage.
Speaker 2: There is also some reports that are acknowledging that.
Speaker 1: The UAE is actually funding one of the biggest humanitarian crisises on the planet to date in an attempt.
Speaker 2: To get cheaper gold.
Speaker 1: So just wanting to bring that up for everybody now as we are rounding out this episode. I did want to end this on a positive note, and I think that this is a really awesome note to end this episode of the Cage to Night. On one hundred and three year old Rosie the Riveter to be honored with a bronze statue at Royal Oak memorial.
Speaker 2: Let's learn about this together.
Speaker 7: They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but in this case, this picture is worth decades of inspiration for generations of working women. That's Francis Masters, a one hundred three year old Rosy the riveter.
Speaker 3: Just incredible.
Speaker 13: Her work during World War Two will soon be immortalized in Bronze and Memorial Park in Royal Park.
Speaker 7: Seven News Detroit reporter Evan Siri had the opportunity to sit down with Francis to listen to her stories still fresh. All these decades just.
Speaker 18: Came out of the depression and we all had to work.
Speaker 9: Nineteen thirty nine. It was the end of one profound and consequential era and the dawn of a new one, World War II.
Speaker 18: Since my brothers were both in the army, the next person to helped my family was me.
Speaker 9: For Francis Masters, that then pulling up her sleeves and getting to work inside a bomber plant in Ipsilanzi.
Speaker 18: I worked at the bomber plant to make money plus gave me up honored to work to help for the war effort.
Speaker 9: Do you still remember those days pretty well?
Speaker 18: I do remember going early in the morning taking a streaker plus the bus now.
Speaker 9: At one hundred and three years old. Master's work as an original Rosie the Riveter will be immortalized at the Michigan World War Two Legacy Memorial in Royal Low.
Speaker 18: It's a privilege not only for me, but for all the other Rosies.
Speaker 9: This is where the statue of France's Masters will be unveiled this veteran's day. I talked to the president of the Board of Directors for this memorial, who tells me Francis was the perfect Michigander to represent this Rosie the Riveter unveiling.
Speaker 20: And that's one thing we wanted to make sure is that basically this memorial represents Michigan's contributions to World War Two. If he told us about going through the plant, seeing the President go through with Henry Ford.
Speaker 9: This is a picture of Masters standing next to a clay model of the statue. It will show a portrayal of France's working on the factory line. Riveting the panel for the B twenty four bomber.
Speaker 18: I used the press. I use a small small riveter plus and the bigger part of the of the of the plane, I used a power gun. It came from the ceiling.
Speaker 9: I asked the former acrobat, who, even at nine years old, performed inside Detroit's historic Fox Theater. What keeps her so young?
Speaker 18: Vegetables? And I kidd I says, I use a lot of olive boil.
Speaker 9: In royal with a Rosie the Riveter.
Speaker 18: We were in the front helping out beside the soldiers, and I'm really honored to be one.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, you know, I thought, as we are rounding out this holiday season for all the military members out there, that it is awesome that they are going to honor this local Rosie the Riveter in that town with a bronze statue of her riveting and getting after it. And you know, this episode we did talk about a couple of very dark topics, so not so fun things. I felt like this is a good way to and did Sam, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Nobody? She does all the pops she can get.
Speaker 4: And I actually have a little joke about riviting you when you take the you take two piece of metal, put them together and use the scrap of the other metal to hold them together.
Speaker 3: That the science of that is quite riviting.
Speaker 1: I like it, Sam, I dig it anyway, all right, Joe, we are gonna wrap this episode up. For anybody that is listening that would like to be a part of the conversation next Wednesday night at nine pm Central, go to the link in the description below to the Cajun Night at patreon dot com patreon dot com slash Cajun Night rather and join us. There's only one tier for injur We're not trying to make this some big old thing, but we are trying to grow this into an information sharing group that meets every Wednesday night for these talks.
Speaker 2: Once again, everybody, I am the Cajun Night.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining me, and as always, God bless