Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome to Continuum, brought to you by EU Open Media. I'm Keith Woods. This is my host, Ryan, also known as Natives Concern, and in this our first episode, we're going to be talking about why we're here, how we got here, and what we hope to achieve. Ryan, it's good to have a here yet another right wing podcast. Do you want to explain why you thought this one was necessary?
Speaker 2: Because the brand of nationalism, the national idea, has become very weak and dissipated. I think in large part due to its online nature. The energy is easily dissipated, The ideas can be extremely broad organized into different little niches, and if we're to take power and change the course of history, we actually need to convince you know, a huge number of our people to believe in a unified idea of nationalism.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there's always maybe a tension between like the popularity of an idea and specifically of this subculture and how developed the ideas are. I think back, I mean, essentially we're representing, like you said, the national idea of nationalism here or you know, a kind of biorealist perspective that takes you know, race realism and you know, differences between sexes, differences between people groups as real things that influence society and that have profound effects. That's the perspective we're coming from. More than ten years ago, twenty fourteen fifteen, there was a kind of alternative right subculture that was very developed intellectually. You know, you had in influences like the French New Right. You had influences like Jonathan Bowden, who was very intellectual in his approach, and you had a set of pretty developed ideas in terms of a sense of a collective European identity and history, in terms of a critique of the existing right wing conservative establishment. And thankfully those once French ideas have become a lot more popular in terms of talking about demographic change, the influence of certain ethnic lobbies and so on.
Speaker 3: But of course with that there has been a.
Speaker 1: Delusion of the message, of the intellectual consistency and rigor of the message, and to a degree, I think there's more of a blurring of the lines there between, you know, conservatism and nationalism and these different strands on the right as these ideas have become more accepted.
Speaker 3: By the mainstream right. But yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Think along the way we have lost something which was valuable in that original more intellectual right, which attracted a certain kind of person. And I think now as it has become less rigorous, as it has become much more focused on memes and simpler talking points, outrage the kinds of things that drove algorithms on social media, I think it's attracting a different kind of person, and the concern for me has become what's the kind of person we're losing with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've spoken about it before. We preferred the fairy cell era. I think you can divide the movement into sort of three categories. Twenty sixteen to nineteen. Fairy cell era just kind of came out of the Trump election and the energy that was built up there. Then there was a COVID era with you know, the rise of conspiracy theories, and then there was the coming out of that Kanye Tate ban, the ADL.
Speaker 4: And the algorithms changed.
Speaker 2: There became more free speech on Instagram, Elon Musk acquired X and everything got very radical in some ways but less intellectual.
Speaker 1: So Pauls October seventh as well, that was an event where really the Desigonist influence and the question of Israel really came to the fore, and that had a spirit on nationalists discourse as well, in terms of you know, becoming much more focused on the Jewish lobby and so on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the you know, the Jewish interests were being attacked from both the right that we had built up over a few years, and then the left and Jewish intellectuals and media started pivoting right to defend you know, the idea of Israel. So there have been some changes, but I think we've lost something with those changes.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I guess me and you were both examples maybe of people that came a more intellectual route internationalism. Because it's always interesting to me to hear how people ended up at these ideas. And it's incredible now how many people are from that period of like post October seventh and you hear them, you know, they they stumbled on an Instagram reel or TikTok video they found one of these influencers. There was a much more established pipeline of like, you know, you would go from there used to be the libertarian a right pipeline, they'd call it. You'd go from like a conservative to libertarian. You know, you become more anti war, you become more principled on economics or something, and then you go to like Hans Herman Happa. You you know, because you're a libertarian, you become anti democracy. You know, you blame mass democracy for for implementing socialism. And then from there, you know, you up alternative ideas on race, and then you you know, become old right. I used to be kind of an established pipeline and there were many gateways for people. You know, there was the old light people. There was like civic nationalism, there were you know, the counter You had people that talked a lot about Islam. But yeah, it was it was you know, part of it with with with censorship as well. These ideas were a bit more siloed. It was a longer process to get there. But now yeah, now it's in your face with with influencers and clean edits and everything. But that that has changed things a little bit as well in terms of how people approach these ideas. But I think you and I are both people that had very different politics and came to this maybe more slowly than you see with people now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I came from liberalism. I had a very average British suburban upbringing, but I've always been interested in the truth. I've really always despised liars and you know saw myself as you know, a fighter for justice. I think my personality is also built on the antagonism between the patriarchal scientism and matriarchal Catholicism I was raised with. I was you know, always around a different races being born in London, but I remained a liberal despite being a biological determinist. I saw the differences and races at a very young age in primary school that some were leading academically, others were leading in sports and sprinting and things like that, and yeah, I went through a rather different development in my adulthood just through seeing the changes in society.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a different background, I guess. I mean I didn't. A lot of people in the scene grew up around and.
Speaker 1: People will you know, have stories about some encounter they had that really really changed their mind on the on you know, racial egalitarianism or something. I never had anything like that. I had a very homogeneous background in terms of you know, growing up in rural Ireland and schooling and so on. And for me it's like, yeah, I don't have a story of oh I encountered, you know, some area or someplace, and that was so terrible and it made me rethink everything. It was a much more intellectual journey for me. I did kind of come from the left. I mean maybe not everyone knows is at one point I was actually go help me. I was a member of Young Shin Feen. I think I joined when I was when I was sixteen, So that was kind.
Speaker 3: Of my politics.
Speaker 1: Definitely left of center on things like economics and so on. But even then I always had patriotic sentiment and that's how I viewed shin fin at the time. I mean, on the one hand, I'm always a bit more sympathetic to leftists in terms of you know, people talk about everyone on the left is hopeless. You know, these people will never sympathize with us, and you know, they just delude themselves or they'll say that they can't possibly believe this stuff about blank slatism and so on. I never agree with that because I really did kind of take that for granted. You know, racist is skin deep, that these are just basically it is basically just just skin color. And you know, I've never fully bought into like, you know, they're all motivated by malicious intent and so on, because I can you know, I can relate to believe in those things at some point. But then at the same time I think about it, and you know, immigration just wasn't an issue, wasn't something that was talked about. And even when I was drawn to Shinfein, it was coming from a place of patriotism.
Speaker 3: At the time.
Speaker 1: I was very interested in learning about you know, Irish War of Independence and the troubles and the history of Irish nationalism and so on. And because imgration it just wasn't an issue. Everything was so economics focused. Then it was after the financial crisis, a lot of the immigrants had gone home, a lot of the remaining ones were Eastern Europeans. It wasn't as pressing as it is now.
Speaker 3: Because of that, I could still.
Speaker 1: Buy into shin Fein as this you know, patriotic nationalist alternative, and you know, they were very much gate kept and hated by the establishment parties at the time and did signal quite populous in some ways. It's funny thinking back, like in the early twenty ten, shin Fein were like releasing stuff about how they were going to take florid out of the water and this kind of thing. So there was kind of a blending of ideas there, but still at the same time, from a very young age, you know, as soon as I learned about you know, Irish history and so on, I had a strong sense of national identity and patriotism. So you know, sometimes I wonder would I have gone in a nationalist direction no mautter or what when I saw you know what ended up happened into the country with immigrations, numbers and so on. Or was it because I, like you had this kind of like kind of classic streak, wanted to find the truth, went to heterodox ideas a lot, and ended up finding my way that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I was always a patriot, but that was I think, as was normal for the time in Britain. All that patriotism was still defined by World War Two. You know, I remember as children chanting these you know, World War two things.
Speaker 4: In terms of football.
Speaker 2: I lived with my grandfather as a child, and he was a World War Two veteran. My dad was a complete anti Nazi boomer, and I was raised with the you know, classic European tradition, a Greek mythology, Roman policism, and in terms of media.
Speaker 4: I love James Bond, and I saw.
Speaker 2: The British as the enforces of the.
Speaker 4: Correct moral order in the world.
Speaker 2: And I think that only really started to change for me when I got into adulthood and I had to live in a house in a state in London where I was one of the only white people there. I worked in the city of London, and I saw how the financial power worked. When I left that job and started working for myself, I had a lot more time and ended up, you know, seeing things on social media and then sort of shifting my ideas and wondering what is the you know, the true meaning of life, having spent you know, my early adulthood in just the pure pursuit of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so social media was, I guess, the gateway for yourself. For me, it wasn't really a typical social media pipeline either.
Speaker 4: I mean I was just.
Speaker 1: I got alienated with the leftist politics of like Irish Republicanism pretty pretty early on, because as I got more into philosophy, you know, I remember I read Nietzsche when I was when I was a teenager, he offering into philosophy, and like, you know, like every teenager that that reads reads Nietzsche, you start thinking you're you're, you're above the the herd, the masses, you're the the uber mench But I got I got critical of of the leftist insistence on on human rights egalitarianism, and and just came to see that this was all kind of groundless.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's that's I think that's what you properly take from Nietzsche, if you read him, is not so much that he's offering any any positive system, but that he's shown how how lacking in foundation all.
Speaker 3: Of our our you know, modern moral.
Speaker 1: Vocabulary is because it's based on on this Christian foundation, that the people that actually believe in it won't defend themselves. And that's certainly true with the social democrat left. So I got interested in this question of trying to find, well, what is the ground of a moral basis for politics, and became critical of the left of its kind of just you know, taken for granted kind of nihilism and just assuming a kind of post.
Speaker 3: Christian moral order. And so that's that sent me oiled down all sorts.
Speaker 1: Of roots of of try looking at like a more individualist leftism. Max Stirner, who is this kind of similar to Nietzsche Nietzschean anarchists. I got interested in those trends of individualist anarchism, which sounds like a total contradiction, especially you know, for for an American audience watching right libertarianism is always this like market liberal, right wing thing. But there is this STrenD of like individualist anarchism. Not basically you're you're trying to equalize people to maximize their individual liberty. So I was looking at these strends of post leftist thought and so on, but quickly abandoned them for you know, the reasons people do abandoned header ducks strains of leftist thought, which is it. It just just doesn't seem very realistic to implement these things, you know, all of the kind of collective action problems, you get a few abandoned markets and so on. So I kind of lost interest in politics for a while, but I think my interest in philosophy eventually took me back. But you know what was driving it. I was always quite interested in in heterodox iconoclastic ideas. How can people believe what seem like indefensible ideas, you know, in the modern world, how can people have these you know, outdated traditionalist ideas, and so I was kind of interested just from like even an entertainment perspective in these people, Peter Hitchin's Haaleo conservatives, traditional conservatives, and then I started reading a lot of that kind of thing, you know, counter enlightenment thinkers, Burkean Conservatism, Edmund Burke, this kind of thing, And it was just a curiosity originally, but I see found you know, they were articulating and what had sort of alienated me from the left in the first place, which is, you know, a critique of a nihilistic foundation for politics, a purely economistic, materialist approach to politics. And I realized that, you know, the things I had maybe struggled to articulate earlier was actually critique that had been made for a long time by people coming from a more traditional right. Now I still didn't agree with a lot of that stuff in terms of, you know, the economics. Still a lot of these people still tended to be very kind of market liberal and their economic orientation, which seemed to me a contradiction to hold that alongside traditional social views.
Speaker 4: And so on.
Speaker 1: And so that was kind of always I think drawing me back in the direction of nationalism. And then yes, eventually found people that that articulated a national idea that that made sense to me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't start my intellectual journey until twenty sixteen or so. I think prior to that, I took everything for granted. I was very focused on my own mission, which was to make money and gain personal freedom. I think I had that ambition from a very young age. I felt like I went without a few things as a child and became very money and freedom oriented, and my goal was really to.
Speaker 4: Just make money and retire.
Speaker 2: But then in my adulthood I became more intellectually curious through the Internet.
Speaker 4: I started out.
Speaker 2: With things like Jordan Peterson, you know, YouTube, Joe Rogan podcast, some interesting guests on there. And I'd been using Twitter for a few years because of my job. And then through Brexit and the Trump election, things were moving on politically there and I came across one particular influencer to Andrew Joyce, who was talking about particularly professors in American universities who were talking about the end of whiteness and how we needed to eradicate whiteness and it was all some evil system. And he was pointed out that many of them were Jewish and I thought, wow, that's I mean, that really discombobulated my ideas. And then I had to start recalibrating everything, doing you know, various reading and trying to come up with a new worldview. You know, as you said, I was influenced by Jonathan Bowden French New Riot, abandoned my libertarian ideas, became very statists, more you know, a collection a rejection of the social contract, and a more organic theory of the nation and the state. And yeah, it's just been a journey since then trying to bring these you know, political theories together with updating them for you know, modern economics, and try and come up with a unified worldview and theory of nationalism.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually encountered Joyce as well around that time, and he was probably, from what I remember, the first person that I encountered to talk about that question as well. And again, you know, I wonder if it was someone that was you know, less sophisticated in their in their approach, would I have just rejected it? You know, I found I found this interview with him talking about this question, which I hadn't really considered before, and the way he presented it in terms of you know, he's a PhD expertise in history and just presented in this very logical way of of kind of group interest and how groups compete and and you know, what's what's in their interest collectively. And I don't think at that moment I've I've fully accepted it, but it certainly set the wheels turning.
Speaker 3: And then of course you see, you see these.
Speaker 1: Patterns play out with that intellectual framework in the back of your head. So yeah, that was kind of a big red pill for me as well, and that goes for other thinkers as well. I mean, I remember, I think the first time I really started thinking about demographics on a mass scale around twenty sixteen, maybe twenty fifteen, when I was into this kind of you know, Save the West, civic nationalists, counter g had stuff.
Speaker 3: I actually had a phase of that, funny enough, didn't last very long.
Speaker 1: But these like I don't know if you encountered this, but like the Robert Spencer ears how many times the Qur'an mentions violence and all this kind of thing, and you know how Islam is like incompatible with Western values such as feminism and all these kinds of things. It's almost like leftist critique of Islam. But I remember I read Pat Pukanon's Death of the West, thinking it was going to be that kind of book, you know, how bad modern art is, a modern archetype, sure, and all this kind of thing, And to my surprise, it was almost all about demographics, you know. And he was talking about fallen birth rates in Europe, population replacement, immigration, what the trends were showing on that countries were eventually the native population will be a minority. You know, how many millions of Russians would be lost because of the collapse in birth rate. He was talking about areas of the United States where Latino immigration was totally changing the character of the country. I think that's the first time I really considered you know, immigration, you know, to me, it was always just thinking that there's a few immigrants in the country and they work and whatever. It doesn't really change anything. But that was the first time I've really taken seriously, well, no, think further out, think in terms of decades, think in terms of combining it with fallen birth rates, and then actually, if you change, you know, you change the demographics, it's going to fundamentally change the character of these countries, and then of course you just look at the numbers, how profound that is in terms of how much immigration there is and how.
Speaker 3: Fast that's happening.
Speaker 1: And then at that point, yeah, that's quickly adopted that And you know, I think with any of these people, you know, there's probably an initial hesitation where you've you would have felt uncomfortable seeing someone talk about race, demographics or any of these things. But you know, if you are intellectually minded, I think there's an openness there where you say, Okay, I might be uncomfortable with this, but you know his arguments makes sense. He's a reasonable guy, and you accept it. But yeah, I mean you think back those guys like Bowden, Joyce, even bu Canon himself. I mean, these were very impressive people intellectually, with a very well rounded knowledge of things, you know, of history, of sense of European civilization and ethos and and you know, are just unimpeachable in terms of how they present their case.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I found that attractive, the intellectual side of the you know, national political theory. Jonathan Bowden was a huge influence on me. I used to listen to his speeches as I fell asleep. I read a lot of the French New rights stuff. That was something that Generation Identity were pushing, but also you know, more stuff in the mainstream, like Douglas Murray's Strange Death of Europe that was an influence on me. That also talks about Jewish organization and multiculturalism, and yeah, like you, I started to do the numbers. I looked at the birth rates where we were in Europe. I you know, I saw that in my own country he hadn't had a replacement birth rate since nineteen seventy five. And all these ideas started to form a new worldview in my mind and a new mission for the rest of my life, which was to reverse the demographic replacement of white people's and the idea of belonging to a nation. I went to lots of different meetings, lectures, you know.
Speaker 4: Got involved with the scene.
Speaker 2: It really threw myself in and once I developed what I felt was an adequate knowledge base and a holistic worldview, then I started podcast. Did that for about two years, and that kind of ran into the COVID period. Is the absolute sort of Britain, Yeah, the absolute state of Britain. I was on that for a couple of years, you know, we spoke particularly about what had happened in Britain. We had a lot of international guests as well. We had like a very pan European Western civilization approach to things, and the COVID period I really think dissipated a lot of the intellectualism and political organization that was emerging.
Speaker 4: And the wider Internet.
Speaker 2: And also, you know, people that were previously identified as nationalist became you know, conspiracy theorists of the highest order got very confused about what was going on, started saying that this was the one world government takeover by the WEF. And yeah, I mean there were you know, certain accounts that were kind of going to the World Economic Forum YouTube or taking a white paper from the Internet, making a half hour video using tiny clips and saying that they've got all these plans, and they became so popular, and all of a sudden, people were being misdirected from the question of nationalism to a critique of technocracy, one that wasn't even a you know, political vehicle. It's you know, the WF is a financial lobbying organization. Yes, they have power, capitalism has power to lobby you know, liberal democracy.
Speaker 3: Well, such a I mean it's socially a forum, right, it's you know, it's it's talking shop.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the funny thing is, like you can you can get clips of left wing economic economists at the World Economic Forum talking about the you know, the need for a wealth tax and like being heavily critical of of the Davos elite as they're there.
Speaker 3: Like it it is. It is quite a mix of ideas.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that that wasn't especially bleak period, I think because it was just a lot of it was just a lot of wheel spinning. I mean, there was the Biden presidency at the time, so there was a sense of of you know, everything being shut down. The censorship became the worst that have ever been including on on COVID, skeptical people heavily censored. But of course that was that was expanded to everyone. But yeah, I think the nationalist scene that was really a bleak point. There was, like you said, there was dissipation of any kind of progress of the scene intellectually and organizationally, partly because you know, we just couldn't couldn't organize with the restrictions and so on. But yeah, that's when I saw this problem of so many people going in this schizo direction, and you know, there were a lot of people that had an issue with US pushing back in it, like why counter signal?
Speaker 3: These conspiracies and the conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: Were many, right, There was there was going to be a mass die off due to the vaccines. There was going to be a global digital idea that was going to be rolled out for some reason the World Economic Forum, We're going to do.
Speaker 3: Food shortages, which was which was.
Speaker 1: Never explained to me. I think this is like the essence of like kind of the you know, the like rhytoid world view. There's a nefarious elite and they want to do things to harm you, and it's not really explained why or what the purpose is, which I mean, to my mind, it never materialized and it kind of just sent nationalists into unproductive roots for a few years.
Speaker 2: I mean, people were even doing a victory lap over four year old theories over the digital ID bin brought into the UK, which has since been canceled. So there are you know, a couple of people saying, oh, told I told you so. But you know, during that period, like seriously intelligent people were coming to me with the vaccine conspiracies from you know, startup influences with doctor in front of their name. If anyone that had doctor in front of their name was like the ultimate authority, you know, no need to mention the ninety nine percent of doctors that said the you know, the vaccine was safe and everyone should take it. The scene became just you know, the one percent of doctors that decided to exploit this, you know, unorthodox thinking over the over the safety of the vaccine.
Speaker 3: We're not we're not vaccinate it. By the way, people are going to be record.
Speaker 2: You know, we were discussing it in the in our group chat, like what what line we should have on the vaccine, and you know, neither of us took it because we were actually concerned with, you know, what is what is the value of taking it as a thirty year old in in good health. But again I think it was you know, liberal answers to liberal problems. It's you know, the the culture of egalitarianism, like an eighty year old needs it as much as a four year old or whatever. And it's just you know, big, big ships turned very slowly, and when governments are faced with a problem which could end up with a big death toll, they need to come up with a blanket solution which you know, covers themselves from any wrongdoing, and it's going to be very focused on harm avoidance and you know, escaping any culpability for harm. So that was my take on it, that it was basically a function of democracy boomers. Women aren't going to want to die of a deadly disease, and we're not going to look after themselves and their children or whatever. But you know, during that time, people would denounce in nationalism. They were actively saying to their audiences, forget nationalism, this is more important, like this is the final takeover of the technocracy.
Speaker 1: It also black builds some people so much that they basically give up. Like I had so many influencers. You know, at the time, we were kind of all confined to telegram, But I remember people saying, you know, the World Economic Forum is such control that if you try and start a move, it's going to be taken over by their infiltrators. If anyone is any thread time thing, they'll be shut down. They're going to bring in these social ideas. You won't be able to go outside with their permission. They're going to replace the COVID lockdowns with like climate lockdowns, all this kind of thing. Bestically, it will be impossible to organize. And basically what you should do is just move to the woods, live off grid and uh, you know, post a telegram about about uh Claus Blowfell and and and you know, sharing misery with other blackpill people. But basically, yeah, give up on politics. Don't put yourself at the risk. They have too much control. And then this thinking was rampant right up until the end of COVID. And you know, since then, I think nationalism, immigration restriction, this kind of thing has really come into the mainstream, and there's there's been a lot of momentum for these ideas since that period ended. But yeah, I mean it was it was difficult to speak out against the kind of prevailing consensus. I mean, that's when I saw a lot of the problems with this kind of rye oid mindset, where you're going to go against whatever the official narrative is, You're going to take this adversarial stance regardless. And of course a lot a lot of people attack that prediction, but it turned out to be pretty much spot on. But you know, the point of making that prediction was just to show, like, I have a way of analyzing this right, I think what basically dominates Western governance is finances and is the impetus for economic growth. And at that time, I think that the stock market it very much wanted things to return back. They wanted the economy to get going again. There were issues with lockdowns and with the strain of public finances, and so I just saw, you know, Amiicron comes along and there's a chance for her community. They're going to put things back to normal if they get the chance. Because fundamentally, I think it's a misunderstanding. You know, these Western leftist democracies, what they want is control first and foremost. They want this nineteen eighty four style totalitarianism. And I think it's just a misunderstanding. And it comes again from the sort of ride out mindset people in power evil. They want to hurt us, and that's like you're starting an endpoint of of how you analyze things. But I mean, I had influencers coming to me tell me you shouldn't be taking a different line on this, and I would tell them, well, you know, I try and argue with them. You know, the people that are making predictions about you know, half the population is going to be dead in five years because they took the vaccine. But I was finding a lot of them actually didn't believe this stuff themselves, and they just felt it was basically the most lucrative position to take because that's where the audience was, that's where other influencers were going. And you know that that kind of highlighted another problem with the scene for me, which is that now with so much censorship and at the time everyone was live streaming, people basically have to answer to their super chatters, and they basically have to chase where the superchat money is. And you just get this, you know, you get this herd mentality that's basically led by the kind of mass of law information people that are that are tuning in, and the influencers are largely led by their audience. And I think that's still a problem we see now now you've just heavily like JQ kind of audience, the kind of people that watch kind of swans and they've they're kind of gone in.
Speaker 3: Just as crazy a direction as they were then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think COVID was a double edged sword.
Speaker 2: As much as it made people paranoid, it did lead to this broader politalization of the population, and it intersected with the sort of new woke culture of Netflix, you know, making the kings and queens of medieval Europe black actors, and you know that got a lot of attention and made people paranoid. And then there was the trans issue. People will say, what the hell like, they're letting men into women's bathrooms, and you know that got supported by celebrities like JK Rowling obviously very influential, and Elon Musk, and that was around the same time that he acquired Twitter. So we had a more broadly politicized population, a dissemination of ideas that questioned liberal government. And then we had freeer speech on Instagram, which was quite a surprise. You know, more local groups on Facebook talking about immigration, the immigrants that have been brought in during the COVID period. And then you had a broader discussion of the transgender issue on you know, a platform acquired by Elon Musk, who promised free speech, but he faced a lot of backlash for that and it was not It was looking as though there may be a total boycott by the liberals, by the left on Twitter or you know, passing laws to stop people using that platform. Effectively, and that's when you started the ban the Idel campaign, which was a success and raise your profile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bandy Adel was huge.
Speaker 1: That was like August September twenty twenty three. Yeah, number one worldwide trend, like one hundred thousand posts on the first night. But I think that was the first time where there was a sense of like, now with the expanded free speech on a platform like X, that we could create this broader coalition of people to push in the same direction on you know, a few core issues of like we want freedom of speech on these platforms away from the meddle end of the Anti Deformation League and similar leftist anti wide organizations that had really captured these platforms prior to Musk bringing people back on the platforms.
Speaker 3: Nick Fuent has ended up being a part of.
Speaker 1: That, and Gropers were a part of it, and then just generally pushing back against this Jewish SCIONUS lobby that we were showing was was influential in a number of other ways as well. You know, in the US, the a d L is involved in training FBI agents and that used a huge influence of organizations like APAC, and of course that segued right into October seventh was the next month, and then everyone started talking about a pack and the Zionus lobby and so on, especially on platforms like TikTok. It really blew up, and it did spread to the left. But yeah, with those two events, there was a sense of a you know, a broader coalition of people that we don't we don't share every interest politically, but on this issue on you know, giving everyone free speech, on being on these platforms and being able to talk about political issues free of outsideer foreign lobbies, and and you know, a basic whether you left to write a you know, a basic national sovereigny that people should be able to have these conversations without foreign lobbies, and then into a broader conversation of you know, lobbying and these influences.
Speaker 3: We put these.
Speaker 1: Questions of national differences and culture issues aside and we just focus on this one problem of foreign interest groups. I think that's that's really reached its limit. And you see it in people like candae Owans and others that have come at this in a kind of Schitzo direction and don't have the ideological foundation that was there previously when nationalists discussed this. You know, when it was people like Andrew Joyce or Kevin McDonald or these people. And it's not that, you know, they're not as intellectual, they don't have a PhD like Kevin McDonald or any of this. It's not a problem of intellect. It is a problem of ideology. That there used to be a coherent critique of this, that we are people, we have interests, we push back against you know, subversive lobby that harm that interest and promote minoritarianism in their own interest. But now with Candice and others, and part of it is it's become this very kind of third world that's like spread beyond the West. There's a lot of pro Palestine influencers that are coming from the left that are very much anti anti nation, anti racist. There's a lot of you know, pro Palestine people that have this kind of broad anti colonialism view, and I think it's gone in the direction a lot whatever you want to call it, like the anti regime, anti system people that talk about JQ stuff, it's very much gone in the direction of just a sort of general Schitzo critique that often bleeds into even anti white memes and has really totally lost that connection of it being about you know, a national interest asserted against minoritarian subversion. And so there's been that broad movement that's been created on social media. And then a lot of nationalists and people that do talk when immigration restriction have gone in a very kind of one dimensional direction of you know, just hammer the meme of remigration in the US. I think they've very much gone in the direction of like tying themselves to trump Ism and and very single issue on immigration destruction, immigration restriction, and then no longer talking about other issues like like minoritarian subversion and so on, and so these these two paths have kind of diverged, and I think what we're missing is what was there in the past where these were united as one and you had an intellectual critique that went across themains and could assert a positive interest and talk about these individual issues and geopolitics and international issues. And that's why I think now that there does need to be a decoupling where we established, Okay, well, what is the nationalist position. It's not just this broad you know, Kumbai like talking points about you know, you know, conspiracies about about Israeli.
Speaker 3: Influence and so on. There needs to be something positive there as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think where we are at the moment is we have a lot of different tribes online that kind of been categorized as the dissident right. I've always despised that vague branding. I think it's very easily exploited by influencers that want to you know, raise their profile or monetize certain ideas. And because of the way the algorithms work on these social media platforms, it's a lot of shock content, it's a lot of alternative takes. It's critique of the man beside you and I'm more base than him or whatever. We've got these, you know, people that want to identify primarily as Christian, and then you've got the Nietzschean vitalists and things like economic completely neglected. And then you've got this you know, new thing of one dimensional politics only remigration matters. Well, sure, that's a you know, a compelling idea, and it's important. But when you're critiquing a very integrated economic system and that requires the bond market being paid and developing new industry or whatever the liberal government is working on, you need to propose a broad range of philosophy politics, economics, geopolitics. How is it all going to come together into a better future. And at the moment, I think the scene has really lost any authority to you know, propose ourselves as a new government.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we saw a good example of that recent Yeah. I really don't have a problem with her as an influencer. I think she does good work. But even if Lardingbrook was interviewed on Tucker Kauson and he asked her, well, who is responsible for the demographic change and she said, well, yes, there must be someone responsible for it, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, again, I think she does good work. But it's like again, we have people that.
Speaker 1: Have basically devoted their lives to activism around preserving the European ethno cultural identity against demographic change, and they're asked, well, what is responsible for this demographic change? And they blank and say I don't know. And it's just I mean, it's just if you can't if you can't explain the very basics of your worldview of what is driven this, you're just not going to attract people.
Speaker 3: We have to be able to offer answers to these questions.
Speaker 1: Like you said, you know, there is a huge degree of this change that is being driven by economics by technological change increasingly in the next few years. Those are big questions that are going to have to be answered in terms of the revolutionary technology change that's going to be driven by AI and so on. And you know, you do go to a national scene where the consensus has been to embrace a very one dimensional politics, where you know, inflation is caused by too many immigrants, and debt is because of too many immigrants, and et cetera, et cetera, And these are fine as maybe propagandistic talking points, and so you know, what I'm really affirming is that if we want the best people, if we want the elite human capital, if you want intelligent people, these are people that are high in openness, that are curious intellectually about a number of topics, and it can be compelled by a genuine alternative to what's on offer now.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 1: We've really forgotten offering that alternative in favor of just hammering the slogans. And sometimes there's a sense that you have to do maximally what's popular to the most amount of people. But it can be kind of paradoxical in that if you just focus on what's popular, if you just focus on sloganeering and propaganda and reaching as many.
Speaker 3: People as possible.
Speaker 1: You actually lose a number of pipelines by which people were coming to you, productive pipelines where people were coming by all these intellectual avenues. That know, you go through the broadest possible reach. But it's just one simple message, and you miss a lot of people with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it hasn't hasn't all been bad news. We've made a lot of progress. I kind of view this as at our tenth year as a movement. We've got many things in our favor. You know, the populace right has between twenty and forty percent across you know, many European nations, and really we're just calling for reorientation away from you know, this niche tribalism. We're calling for more cooperation, more intellectualism. We're hoping to bring you know, more ideas to you know, act as a new intellectual foundation. I mean, I'm particularly interested in psychology, neurology. I think there are serious critiques of liberalism and and the way technology is being wielded in the modern world. So there's a there's a lot there to cover, and you know, all credit to you you've you've put the work in, you've you've Wroten written these essays on sociology of nationalism, the kind of prim primordial origins of nationalism, which was kind of a counter attack to you know, some Jewish intellectuals claiming that nationalism was this fake Enlightenment political theory, you know, and our movement has really suffered from people being able to write it off as low iq and incorrect. I mean, people claiming to represent our worldview are making mistakes all the time with you know, wacky theories. You know, even mainstream politicians like Robert Kennedy at the moment, it's really to the mainstream, and it's easy for liberals to just wave that away and say like this isn't serious, Like I'm going to back the you know, the likes of Macron or the you know, the German CDU, because they they're serious people. So we have to be a theory of everything. We need to be more organized, more cooperative, more intellectual. So yeah, that's that's what we're going to bring in the following episodes in in in this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I talked.
Speaker 1: With Nick Flants about this on a recent a recent stream that a lot of appeal.
Speaker 3: In political ideologies.
Speaker 1: They're appealing to intellectual, intelligent types precisely because they give you a leends that you can kind of apply to everything, you know, whether it's libertarianism or Marxism. You know, there's a Marxist theory of history, there's a libertarian theory of business cycles. There's kind of a libertarian moral philosophy in terms of like the right space discord. And there are modern Marxist economic economists and libertarian economists, and and you know, they have their own geopolitical analysts. There's you know, there's Marxist literary theory, but that does appeal to a certain kind of person that wants these broad, kind of systematizing lenses. And I do think we can do that with nationalism. Now, of course, the problem with nationalism it's a more particularist idea.
Speaker 3: But I think what we have to offer is a.
Speaker 1: Basic biorealist insight that I cited earlier that uh, you know, biology does affect human groups. That this is a taboo that you can't talk about in the post war consensus, but it's so obviously real, and we so obviously take it for granted in a number of different domains. But what's lacking is someone looking at it from the lens of a social scientist or from the lens of philosopher and bringing it together across demands and saying, Okay, what are the consequences of that, and how would you build society based on that insight? And yeah, I mean my Nationalism and Politics of Identity. That is a collection of essays, many of which we're focused on the sociology of nationalism.
Speaker 3: The fact that you can.
Speaker 1: Critique the mainstream modernist consensus by looking at historical examples where there was clearly a national identity that.
Speaker 3: Was ethnically based.
Speaker 1: And that's that's a case where the material is very much there, and you can very easily apply this lens to history and find a lot of insights and a lot of case studies that have been overlooked.
Speaker 3: And it's not.
Speaker 1: Because you're so brilliant intellectually or you've so many millions of sources. It's just because the exists in academic structure ignores this due to ideological reasons. You know, one of the people, I said often, one of the people who's very good on this is an Israeli historian called Azer Gad and you see a lot of a lot of study of nationalism and race that that is maybe more taboo in the West has coming from Israel because that's the people who's whose interests. It's in there and they can study it freely. But we could easily be doing the same work and the same basic insight can apply across a number of domains, and of course there's going to be a lot of very intelligent, impressive people that go into those domains and that are interested in those domains that agree with us politically. See, I think there's great work to be done, and the scene has never been bigger. We've never had more people in positions of influence that share our worldview, and that will be even more influential in the future. So yeah, no, I think it is just a case of professionalizing it and codifying what that worldview is and we'll see even more success in the future. But this is the logical next step.
Speaker 2: You know, we've been around events lately, a lot of people have come up to you and said, you're an influence on me. Now I'm in an organization, Now I'm in a political party, I'm working in parliament, and you know, I think we can make the confession that possibly we were wrong about entryism and it's actually been a lot more successful than we anticipated. You know, you've got FPO in Austria, they're over forty percent. You've got Jaiger new national political party in Portugal, they've gone right to the top of the opinion polls. Restore in Britain has just launched a radical nationalist agenda the out flanks. Nigel Faraj, all these nationalist movements are succeeding pretty well in the mainstream and our worldview is nothing to be ashamed of, and we need to normalize it and intellectualize it, and you know, let's be optimistic and be proud of the progress we've made.
Speaker 4: It really is just re.
Speaker 2: Orienting in a more professional direction, and I think we'll be successful.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Guess that's a good place to leave it. Thanks everyone who tuned in. And yeah, next episode we will be discussing one of these insurgent nationalist movements and how they're changing the political scene.
Speaker 3: But that's all for now. Take care