Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of the CA Tonight Live. I am your host, Jacob Mok and uh yeah, we got a couple of things we wanna we're gonna get into on this evening. Most of it's geopolitical, as it is. Some of it's more of the environmental side of things, just some unanswered questions of what the heck is going on in this world. We got some things going on as far as what Trump has been saying and hinting at. We got some things surrounding China, what they have been doing and what they are hinting at. We're gonna be talking Venezuela. We're gonna be talking Russia. We're gonna be talking Israel. We're gonna be talking Iran. We're all over the place. We are gonna be all over the place on this episode. And if anybody has anything that they have liked to bring and share with the class, by all means, drop it in the comments and I will pull it up. And for anybody listening to this on the Cult of Conspiracy on the following day, I might as well just give the shameless plug. Now if you would like to join in on the conversation next Wednesday Night. We do this every Wednesday night at nine pm Central Standard Time. Then come check me out Cajun Night on Patreon. The link is in the description below, and I do this on the Culture Conspiracy, but I'll do it here too. If you would like to listen completely commercial form, then please come check it out on the Patreon. That's also where I post all the videos to get the commercial free listening associated with the Cajun Night lives. All right, with all of that mumbo jumbo pish posh things out of the way, let's just dive straight in. So this article, as a matter of fact, was sent by a Raven Lee and it is tall. It's a Reuter's article. Now, I know Reuter's is going to be a little a little skewed, a little biased, right, But at the same time, every now and then they do have a little bit of a kernel of truth associated with it that is worth diving into, at least I believe, so Justice Micro quick, so I'm get closer. I'm telling you all, my eyes are getting worse by the day. I I've actually got to start like moving up to read because you know, all right, so this is actually from April first. This is on April Fool's Day. I'm a damn China to sell first global green sovereign bond on Wednesday. A global green sovereign bond. I don't I don't really know what to think of that with China, they're not exactly known for being a very green country. But let's check it out here. This is published in London on April first. China is set to finalize it's long way to debut global green sovereign bond on Wednesday and what is expected to be the first in a series of sales that will expand its footprint in the market as a pivotal time. Having signaled it was ready last month, top Chinese financial ministry officials laid out the details at a meeting with the investors in London on Tuesday, where the six billion WAND which is about eight hundred and twenty five million dollars bond is set to be issued on the London Stock Exchange. Oh oh, okay, China's trying to break into the London Stock Exchange with a green bond. That's it's bold strategy. But all right, I could I could see the appeal on it. The green bond market has ballooned to be worth roughly three trillion dollars in recent years. China's firms, including a state run once which would be all of them everything in China's state run have contributed significantly to that growth, but international investors have long been waiting for the government to make its move for years. Chinese Finance Ministries Director General Wu Yong I'm sorry, U Hong jeez yeah, is and his deputy Director General Xi Chao Hong. I'm sorry, I'm not mature enough to try to pronounce Chinese names without laughing. Because yep, all right outlined that it would come in two parts, one with a three year maturity or end date, and the second with a five year maturity. Both will have fixed interest rates and they are expected to be sub two percent really, although it will depend on demand during the formal sale process, which is being overseen by no fewer than eight banks from both China and Europe. Okay, yeah, that sounds more believable. Two percent, I mean, don't even me wrong. That's solid, But I also I feel like that would fluctuate a bit. I'm glad at least they gave a little addendum to say it will depend on demand, we'll see a Chinese global bond, one issued in one of the main international finance centers. Has long been anticipated given the country size. China's plan finally emerged earlier this year after British Finance Minister Rachel Reeves met China's Vice Premier he Liffing in Beijing to discuss pragmatic cooperation quote unquote on financial services, trade, investment, and climate issues. Climate issues from China Jesus. China is the world's largest producer of climate warming greenhouse gases. Yeah, that's that's kind of the irony that I've been kind of giggling at this whole time. It's no secret that China does not give two rats asses about the environment or the globe, or clean air or clean water or feeding their people. I digress. But to say that they're going to come up with a green bond, it's like, hmmm, that the irony here. It just anyway, anyway, like Ethiopia coming out with a food bond, Like I'm sorry you're doing what But I digress. China is the largest producer of climate warming greenhouse gases, but has said it wants to bring its carbon dioxide emissions to a peak before twenty thirty and become carbon neutral by twenty sixty. Wow, that is quite That is one of the most claims I've ever heard in thirty years. They want to go from being the number one producer to being carbon neutral. Oh wow, that's it's a ball strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them, monus, But I don't know. In February, the Finance Ministry published it's Green Bond Framework, calling it an effort to quote attract international funds to support domestic green and low carbon development. Yeah, so you're trying to take other people's money to make you more environmentally friendly, because everybody knows that what solves global warming is money. Obviously, what cleaned up the plastic from the oceans. Giving money to wealthy financiers obviously to read a book right. It flagged climate change mitigation, climate change adaptation, natural resource conservation, pollution prevention and control, and biodiversity conservation as its five key priorities. I'll bet it did. One investor who attended Tuesday's meeting said some of the details on what exactly the money raised would be useful included the country's electric vehicle charging network and its national parks. Yep again, because I know, depending on what media outlet we're looking at, oh Man electric cars totally cut down on the carbon emissions, never mind what the manufacturing facilities for those batteries does to the environment, which is what this whole thing is actually about. You know, macro, not the micro but sure, that's that's a whole thing. Uh Raven, I see your hand raise, please chime in.
Speaker 2: So apparently there was on I don't know if it's that actual website. There's another website talking about China's electrical like electric car sales have like quadrupled in the last two months for some reason. And there I mean during COVID. They're the ones that decided that they were going to make make their nuclear energy push, and so they really wanted to gain nuclear energy. They are also the ones that leading the charge right now in fusion, like they have actually stabilized it the longest because they wanted to break apart from everybody because like fuck everybody else. But that also means that they've kind of ostracized themselves when it comes to the green push, and with a lot of the money being up for grabs right now with the green stuff. And with America is stepping away from NATO, then that means that if they keep pushing forward, then they'll be able to gain quote unquote more funds to be more green.
Speaker 1: Now not considered green? What is nuclear not considered green?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Not really?
Speaker 1: It is like the cleanest and planet. How is that not considered green?
Speaker 2: The green ones are solar, which is ridiculous, wind and rious. Yeah, and I think that the newest version of water is maybe potentially. But the thing about the I mean with anybody that knows anything about solar and wind like you're talking about, they have braveyards of parts because they can never be disposed of.
Speaker 4: They're so chemically toxic that like.
Speaker 2: You're just making more waste than you're doing any good. And it doesn't even generate that much power compared to nuclear, nuclear by far is the safest type of energy that we currently have. Obviously, fusion if it happens one day, dot dot dot can power the whole world.
Speaker 4: But that's a one day thing.
Speaker 1: So I still understand how nuclear is not considered green. Like, yes, there is waste at a certain point, right the depleted uranium has to be disposed of in some way, But we're talking about like realistically big picture here, micro and macro. Honestly, we're talking about pounds, not tons, pounds of depleted uranium to be disposed of which we put in ammunition to be shot out of the A ten and like we have a thing for that. It's all good. That's like the only waste in byproduct that really comes out of that other than steam. But how is this not considered green? This is kind of new to me. I honestly thought nuclear was within the conversation of green energy. That's okay, fair enough. So that's the end of that article. So if I and maybe I'm excuse me, maybe I'm missing the overarching theme here, but it sounds like China is trying to fund their new electric everything from outside international funding, and the way they're gonna do that is to try to sell it with a green bond and that's gonna attract international investors. Sounds like they're just gonna take the money and run. I could be very very incorrect here, but boy oh boy, that's what that sounds like to me. But okay, well that is story number one. If anybody would like to chime in on that, then bio means let's talk about it, Tony, you got anything, you go? U mute to yourself. I know if you're about to chime in or not.
Speaker 5: Well, I was just looking up nuclear power in China and it says only about five percent of their electricity comes from nuclear energy, but I think they're planning on increasing it, and they're even building an attempt at a fusion nuclear power plant by twenty thirty, which would be I don't think any of these exist yet, but these are the kind that confuse hydrogen, which is way more efficient than fission. And I got a whole article fear about it. But you know, the sum total of it is that they really want to make fusion and more nuclear power, and I would agree that it is very green, especially compared to coal, which they've been using a lot of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, China's been running off of coal for forever. Well, I mean, yeah, they got some oil too, and I'm sure they use some LNG for certain things, but by and large, I would say coal would be their bread and butter as far as energy production goes. The cool that you sent in the chat, is that what you're talking about that you had pulled up?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I got it pulled up I can even read it if you want.
Speaker 1: Oh, go for I got to pull up on screen, but by all means, brother, if you want to read floor yours.
Speaker 5: China is poised to start building the world's first fusion power hybrid nuclear power plant, with the goal of generating one hundred megawatts of contiguous electricity and connecting to the greed the grid by the end of the decade. The Hong Kong based South China Morning Post, which by the way, is very pro Beijing and kind of anti us, but sure, that's my editorial, he says. The project is to cost twenty billion yuan, which is two point seven billion dollars. And you know, I'm gonna I'm gonna stop here because the article is just too long. But I think I captured the gist of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, don't get me wrong. It's it's wonderful that any country anyone. Yes, I want America to be first to make a fusion fission hybrid nuclear power plant, absolutely, but honestly, even if China does it, that's still a net positive. We will be able to reverse engineer that on our own or even maybe work with them in some way, maybe buy the blueprints. Though a little money their way. I'm sure that you know the CCP is down to take a little extra to open open the books a bit. But uh, but yeah, so they're talking. I didn't know that the exchange rate was twenty billion to two point seven billion dollars, so it's like a ten to one exchange rate. I didn't know that, well, a little less than but yeah, that's that's pretty remarkable as well. I could understand why. But still but uh, yeah, actually, I'm gonna read a little bit more on this article just for a second.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: It uh, it says the Wing Shoot, the high temperature er superconducting reactor, has entered its first phase with a public tender for an environmental impact assessment. According to the website, a platform that aggregates bidding and procurement information in China. Interesting.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The facility will be built on Wohu Science Island in the high Tech zone of Nanchang Jang z Province, Okay in central China. According to the tender, the environmental report will include baseline studies, impact evaluations on airwater noise ecology, as well as risk analysis, pollution control measures and monitoring plans. Hm. I'm a little trepidacious though. Honestly the reason why, and I know when I say this, I am not intending to offend anybody of Japan. I understand that Japan and China are very different countries with very different cultures and all the stuff. I get it. I'm not trying to make a South Park episode out of this. Just hear me out. The Fukushima incident is still putting currently radioactive waste into the ocean, like, that's still happening, and Japan has They're the ones that literally wrote the book on QA and QC right, quality assurance and quality control. Quite literally. Actually, when I was in college, we did a whole class on it, and all of the big dogs as far as QAQC was concerned, were Japanese and they let that slip. And it's still to that level of bad. If China had this nuclear reactor and something went a little fukunushi with it, right, someone went a little fugezy and it goes sideways, I can't imagine China doing all that would be needed to stop it from damaging the planet even worse. Maybe I'm just a bit of a pessimist and I just have all of the distrust possible when it comes to the CCP. But I just m that's a tough pill for me to swallow. Raven, I see your hand raise go ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was just gonna say that I dropped an article from green Peace saying, well, my nuclear wasn't considered green underneath Tony's. But the whole thing about there's actually the really cool YouTube videos on like the Race for Fusion and like where like the progresses and it breaks it down like kind of like what's going on with it and how it is and stuff.
Speaker 4: China is.
Speaker 2: I think they're right now at like almost eleven seconds holding it stable. And that's a huge thing because once that actually stabilizes, then it will power the entire universe. And so that's why everyone is trying to universe, excuse me, the Earth. That's why everyone's trying to monopolize on it is because whoever can get it is going to be in control of all power period. And so that is the huge push because everybody else is going joined up together and then China is all by themselves, so like everybody is in one boat and then here's China.
Speaker 4: So that's why it's a big issue with that.
Speaker 1: So it's the same as any other thing in this current modern day Cold war. It's a race, right, just like the AI race and the data race between China and US. So the nuclear fusion slash fission high conversation, it's a race between US and China because whoever gets it first will dominated in that regard. That makes a lot of sense to me. Actually, Okay, I'm actually gonna read this article because I've I'm very curious what the green peak of all of all the sources, Of all the sources, they would be the one to just shit all over nuclear one hundred percent. So six reasons why nuclear energy is not to a green and peace is not the way to a green and peaceful world. Okay, let's go Number one, Nuclear energy delivers too little to matter. Wow, well that's incorrect, but all right. In order to tackle climate change, we need to reduce fossil fuels in the total energy mix well before twenty fifty to zero percent yep. According to the scenarios from the World Nuclear Association and the Nuclear Energy Agency, doubling the capacity of nuclear power worldwide in twenty fifth would only decrease greenhouse gas emissions by around four percent. In order to do that the world would need to bring thirty seven new large nuclear reactors to the grid every year from now year on year until twenty fifty. The last decade only showed a few to ten new grid connections per year. Ramping that up to thirty seven is physically impossible. There is not sufficient capacity to make large foragings like reactor vessels. There are currently only fifty seven new reactors under construction or planned for the coming one and a half decade. Doubling nuclear capacity different from the explosive growth of clean renewable energy sources like solar and went wow, is therefore unrealistic And that only and that for only four percent we already need to reduce one hundred Okay, yep, I knew that this article is gonna be overly biased. I going wrong. I knew that going into it. But they legitimately just said that nuclear is not as effective as the explosive growth of clean renewable sources like solar and wind. They just said that like it was the legitimate statement and not dripping with lie and deceit. But okay, okay, so number one, it's not effective enough to be considered green. But somehow wind turbines are but I Digress number two. Nuclear power plants are dangerous and vulnerable. Nuclear factories and plants are easy targets for malevolent acts, terrorist threats, the risk of unintentional or voluntary airline crashes, cyber attacks, or acts of war. The enclosures of plants and certain ancillary buildings containing radioactive materials are not designed to withstand this type of attack or shock. Nuclear power plants present unique hazards in terms of the potential consequence resulting from from a severe accident. Nuclear reactors and their association high level spent fuel stores are vulnerable to natural disasters, as the Fukushima Dachi showed, but they are also vulnerable in times of military conflict. For the first time in history, a major war is being waged in a country with multiple nuclear reactors and thousands of tons of highly radioactive spent fuel. The war in southern Ukraine and Zaparigia around Zaparisia rather puts them all at heightened risk of a severe accident. Nuclear power plants are some of the most complex and sensitive industrial installations, which require a very complex set of resources in ready state all at all times to keep them operational. This cannot be guaranteed in a war. Okay. So I don't know if anybody listening has worked in a nuke before, a nuclear plant. Okay, I've worked around them before, and I have a ton of buddies that have helped build nuclear plants and sites and things. Boy oh boy, the incorrect statement that was said up here. I'm not saying that they are not vulnerable to terrorist attacks. What I am saying is the security forces and security guards that they have surrounding nuclear sites are not Paul Blart mall cop Okay, these guys are like a legitimate swat team that are standing by waiting for some stupid shit to go off on the side of the fence. Okay, just throwing that out. Number one. Number two cyber attacks, You got me there. Sure there's everything's hackable, and I can at least understand that. But it's not like you're gonna be able to hack into this thing to make it go into a catastrophic meltdown. Because there's so many, at least in the United States, I cannot speak on behalf of other countries and their way of doing things. And yes, I understand people are gonna look at chernobyl. I understand people are gonna look at Fukushima. I get it. Fukushima was a title wave to hit it and drastically cool the reactor to such a degree that they couldn't expect or waiting for. And all the stuff. Yes with you in America. Quick, quick little story here, one of my buddies was a pipe fitter and he was fitting up a piece. I think it was like a one inch or a one and a half inch pipe. And for anybody who's not really familiar with materials or anything like that, it's the diameter of the pipes like that big. It's not. It's not a large pipe by any means. And they basically had to get it from point A to point B. They had bolted down jersey barriers, and if anybody doesn't know what that is, those would be those giant concrete barriers on either side of an inner state when they're doing like roadworking stuff. Not the plastic type, the concrete type. And they had this thing bolted down like every foot and a half strapped to this jersey barrier. And my buddy asked the guys like, look, I mean it's I understand that things got to be secure here and everything. But why does it have to be this secure? Like everything we do has to be secured to this fashion. The planner told him, this whole plant was designed so that if a volcan know, an earthquake and a tidal wave hit this plant at the exact same time, these reactors would not go down. That's the level of ingenuity that is put into the American nuclear programs as far as nuclear energy is concerned. So again, I'm not saying that green Peace is like completely full of shit here, because they are speaking on behalf of the world and everybody's nuclear programs, and I cannot speak on behalf of everyone else's safety protocols and things. But in America that's pretty much a non point. But like, all right, and I get what they're saying. In a time of war, sure, yes, I'm with you. Like the nuclear reactor could be hit in these things. Do they think that if like you hit a nuclear reactor with a with a bunker buster or something that like a nuclear bomb would go off. I think they think that's how that works.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they might think it's like a dirty bomb where even if you don't get the nuclear explosion, just scattering all that stuff might be bad for people.
Speaker 1: And I get that the nuclear waste from like the water, if you're like on an island Fukushima as an example, I get what they're saying here the stuff into the air. I'm with you one hundred percent. It's not like you're gonna make a crater with the mushroom cloud and the whole nine from a reactor getting hit. That's not it's not the same at all. Actually, but yeah, all right, yeah, Raven, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So my mom actually because my mom worked for the my parents worked for the electrical company for forty plus years in Oregon. We have like we did the company that she worked for, they they have some of the fields where they keep the nuclear waste and like, uh, they the government actually renigged on the nuclear like power because they he was in charge of it, because of they didn't want to help with a waste any longer. And like we have a steam plant there we I think it's still operating, but it was like it worked in a cycle to be able to use the steam and the steam energy actually was fantastic. And like there's a whole bunch of stuff. I was just looking glancing. So this is actually a really good book about like it's called Sustainable Energy Choosing among Options, And this is a book all about like actual sustainable energy and like the different types of energy and what breaking it down to, like the super smart level, which I'm like brough math Amede not a thing, but it's talking about different options and stuff, and it's just it doesn't make sense to me, Like there is there's been a couple new energy types in the last few years that they've tested and it has better options, but it keeps getting shut down.
Speaker 4: For whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Then the one I like is the hydro energy that they actually have the new turbines that don't destroy the rivers and it actually like help smooth the fish around, and it's a whole thing.
Speaker 4: They only have one of them.
Speaker 2: They might have more now it's been a few years since they've looked into it, so they might have more, but it actually produces a ton of energy and that's super clean. I kind of laughed about the Green Peace That's why I.
Speaker 4: Had to drop it in there.
Speaker 2: But I mean I could understand some of what they're saying, like nuclear plants are a bigger target quote unquote, because if you hit the wind turbine fields in California. You're not going to have like an actual meltdown of anything. Yes, they do have toxic chemicals in the actual you know, blades, but it's not going to kill anybody as like leeching out tons of chemicals. If they did hit a nuclear plant, potentially it's there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I see what you're saying, and I don't disagree. I haven't heard much about the new hydro. I've heard that there is a new hydro. I haven't really looked into it. And that's the thing. I'm only looking at hydro from the perspective of how it has been done in the past, and the dams and how that affects the things downstream and upstream, the flooding that takes place, all of that. If they have a better way of doing it, then like I'm all here for it. But I would have to look more into that for sure. But anyway, so going back into the green peace thing here, nuclear energy is too expensive. Let's see, I'm not going to read the whole thing here. The cost of generating solar power ranges from thirty six dollars to forty four dollars per megawatt hour. Yeah, in the perfect conditions. My god. The World Nuclear Energy World Nuclear Industry Status Reports said while onshore wind power comes in at twenty nine to fifty six dollars per megawatt, it's already counterintuited to what they just said. Nuclear energy costs between one hundred and twelve and one hundred and eighty nine dollars per megawatt. So they just kind of renigged on their sentence prior. But like, okay, anyway, Yeah, so apparently, according to them, nuclear is too expensive, your energy is too slow. Number four. The twenty twenty one World Nuclear Industry Status Report estimates that since two thousand and nine, the average construction time for reactors worldwide was just under ten years, well above the estimate, well above the estimate given by the World Nuclear Association industry body of between five and eight point five years. There's probably a reason for that, the same reason why most big industrial projects go on longer than planned and scheduled, because OSHA and things like that get in the way. But when it comes to nuclear I would rather than take the extra time and make sure they build it right. That's just me. That's kind of how the cookie crumbles here and number five, nuclear energy generates huge amounts of toxic waste. That is also not true. There is waste that comes off of it, and it can be toxic to people, but we have uses for that. Again. The A ten warhog shoots bullets made out of depleted uranium the size of red bull cans. It's beautiful, it's amazing, and it pierces armor. But you know whatever. Okay, so green peace is Oh I forgot number six. I'm sorry. There was a six one here. There wasn't. No, there was not literally the oh here it is, and number six the nuclear industry is falling short of its promises. Okay, none of these things would make sense as to why it's not considered green. I maybe I'm missing something here. They said how it wasn't as good as solar and wind, which mathematically that's laughable. But I didn't see one thing as to why that wouldn't be considered green.
Speaker 5: But right, I just see it depends on the definition. If your highest priority is to get rid of carbon dioxide, they do a really good job at given power without producing that. But if you're really afraid of a dirty bomb, which is a legitimate fear, then it just depends what your priority is. I learned something just in the last few minutes about how France has so much nuclear power, because I've heard about this for years. They've been between seventy and eighty percent of their electricity coming from nuclear and it's a direct result of something called the Mesmer plane, which was invented after nineteen seventy three with the big oil crisis with one of the Arab Israeli wars, the Young Kapur War, and it was named after Prime Minister Pierre Mesmer, who announced that it was going to be a hugely ambitious nuclear power program aimed at generating most of France's electricity from nuclear power, and they got up to about eighty percent. It's lower than that now and they do have a significant amount of renewables. This I guess. I've heard Europe has much higher electrical power costs than we do here in the US because we have something like ten cents of kilowatt hour, but over there it's like four times higher. So maybe nuclear is more competitive over there. But yeah, they gave the figures in the green Peace article as one hundred dollars per mega waite hour, and that's just the same thing as ten cents of kill a wat hour, just so people can convert that ratio in their head.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I guess at the largest scales, people calculating gigawatt hours and megawat hours and tarawat hours. But for your house, you get charged in kill a WoT hours. In France, most of their power plants make well over a thousand megawatts, as opposed to the Chinese one we were talking about, which is only one hundred megawatts. So the Chinese one that I was just talking about is apparently pretty small by comparison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the picture at least, and I don't know if that was a model or if that was their current construction of it, but you saw people standing next to it, and it didn't look nearly as large as the reactors that we have in America. So I don't know if that's because it's the new hybrid type and maybe it's not as big and it doesn't require as much space or what the case is.
Speaker 5: But yeah, well, hydrogen deuterium fusion, I don't know the exact number, but it's something like ten or one hundred times more energy dense than uranium, which is already incredibly energy dens. Yeah, and I don't know what the figure is on it, but any any supplementing they can do with hydrogen, it's basically free energy, and hydrogen is not radioactive, so that's really the best source we could possibly hope for.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I may be wrong, but isn't that also the same Not to bring it to nuclear bombs, but bear with me in that the same kind of process or at least concept behind the hydrogen bomb versus the atomic bomb. Hydrogen has a lot more energy to be expelled or used in this case.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. Yeah. The first nuclear bombs in Almagordo and Hiroshima and Nagasaki used uranium, and I think the Nagasaki one might have used plutonium two. But those work by fission, and when those elements split, they give off an enormous amount of power. But hydrogen fusion is when hydrogen when it has to be deuterium. Okay, there's got to be a proton and a neutron in it, and I forget what ratio of hydrogen that is, but it's like one percent or zero point one percent of all the hydrogen in the universe is deuterium and it's got the necessary neutrons that it needs in order to fuse the helium. And the way you make a hydrogen bomb is you use a uranium fission bomb and put it right next to a bunch of deuterium that gets compressed into a tiny space somehow. And when you compress the deuterium that much at high enough temperature, it replicates the fusion process in the Sun. But it's actually even more hardcore than the Sun, because the Sun's core only gets up to about two or three million kelvin or two or three million celsius, and a hydrogen bomb gets to two hundred or three hundred million calvin. Yeah, because when you think about it, the Sun's fusing this hydrogen, but over the course of millions of years, the amount of deuterium there as a percentage of its mass, barely changes it at all, which is why I just can keep burning it forever and ever and ever practically speaking, But a hydrogen bomb needs to needs to get all that energy out right away, so it needs the temperature to be way, way, way way higher.
Speaker 1: Dude, I just I stumbled upon and on the cult of conspiracy. You know, we dive into all the conspiracies, and there are some people out there that don't believe the nuclear bombs are real. Yeah, that is a actual conspiracy that certain people who are like voting adults, really believe, and their evidence behind it is like on the surface, without doing any digging of your own. To an uneducated person, they'd be like, yeah, that's true. Like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, people live there today. If nukes went off, how is there not radioactive fallout? And blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, and like that's the basis of their whole talking point. To put this into perspective for everybody, that would be like somebody's saying, I don't believe gunpowder is real because every time I fire a bullet, the casing comes out, but there's no gunpowder inside of it. That is about a one to one comparison for anybody who doesn't know why there's no nuclear fallouts after a bomb goes off. Now, yes, there is initially some radiation in the air, and there's radioactive burns that happened, sure of course, But why we don't have that thirty five year half life or things like that after a bomb goes off is because all of the radioactive materials get burned and used as the fuel for the kaboom. They don't have the long half life and all these things. And for the people who also believe that nukes are fake, all the testing that was done in the Nevada and New Mexico desert back in the day, the people who lived around there that got all kinds of horrible radio radiation poisoning. They're called down winders. Anybody would like to look into them, and the crazy lawsuits they had to fight for years to finally get compensation and acknowledgment for him. Yeah, nukes are one hundred percent reel. They are one hundred percent. It blows my mind that people people thinking.
Speaker 5: And you might have heard of Richard Ramirez. He was a serial killer from El Paso and see that Juarez. Yeah, and he was a downwinder. His family suffered birth defects and trauma when he was a kid as a result of that. Yeah. Well, another thing, the uranium bombs over Japan. They only had a yield of about ten to twenty thousand kilotons, but hydrogen bombs are normally in the thousands of kilotons, and the largest couple that ever were detonated were the Sonder BOMBA and the Castle Bravo at one hundred megatons or one hundred thousand kilotons. Yeah, that's so hydrogen is just a whole different order of magnitude bigger in terms of power. As far as the radiation in Hiroshima, I don't know why, but you know, people do live there now obviously, and I've heard that the radioactive fallout from more recent nukes would be even worse. But I don't know why. But yeah, the nuclear bomb does not burn one hundred percent of the isotopes. It's maybe only like fifty percent, and the other fifty percent do get scattered and they can't make people sick.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: In fact, the no nukes people, I think part of the conspiracy theory from their angle is that Hiroshima was firebombed, but they also dropped a bunch of radioactive uranium at the same time to make it look like there was a nuclear bomb, although I still agree that there was really just a nuclear bomb.
Speaker 1: Well, they say it also because Tokyo was firebombed, right, so we because most of Tokyo at this time, and I would assume it's not like this today. During World War Two, most of their buildings were made out of wood and paper, but it was traditional Japanese homes and things. And so dropping the World War II equivalent of napalm in that city goes hard, goes really hard, and it does the job. It was like one hundred thousand people died in the course of it wasn't like a day, maybe it was like two days or three days or something ridiculous. And yeah, the fire bombing in Tokyo was way more devastating to life than the nuclear bombs that happened to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But like also this is another historical fact that America really doesn't want to acknowledge. We dropped a nuke on the Christian epicenter of Japan. If I'm not mistaken, Nagasaki was like the biggest Christian as far as faith and religion goes, The biggest Christian conglomerates of that country was there, and we nuked them. And of course we had to push that one to the side and all the things later on because at that time, especially the Bible Belt wasn't exact just in the south. That was a pretty much a whole country vibe and uh, yeah, yeah, that's a whole thing that happened. And yeah there's radiation burns and it's not one hundred percent burn for sure, there's gonna be some fallout, but it's not it's not what people are thinking, like, Yeah, they rebuilt those towns relatively quickly because they can, and you can go there with your Uh, I forget, it's not a meger because that's an electric device. I forget what it's called. Whenever they like use the wand to tech for radioactive isotopes and things like that and like tiger counter, thank you, not a Meger tiger counter. And yeah, you can find certain spots where there is a radiation signature, but it's not it is nowhere near which you'll find at Chernobyl. Reason why is because Chernobyl is still currently burning and it's still putting off those the waste and the isotopes and all the stuff. Fukushima, same thing. It's still putting these things off. It didn't burn it all in an instant like a bomb. So anyway, Ravenly, I see your hand, go ahead.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: While we've been talking, I've just realized that I'm looking at all this stuff about China. So China has a new mega project for the mountain dam. Also they are trying to do their one hundred billion dollar impossible Himalayan dam.
Speaker 1: And then sure, by the way.
Speaker 2: That's one of that is the engineering or disaster that's talking about the I think that's talking about the one that's the mountain dam.
Speaker 4: I'm just I found a twelve day old YouTube video.
Speaker 2: And then Canada has a twelve billion dollar megadam that they're also pushing forward. So it looks like hydropower is actually coming back into popularity. To the articles they sent you are just about hydropower and stuff. But yeah, so that's something that's going on.
Speaker 1: I mean that makes me happy. I mean, especially if there's a it's a better and more efficient way than it has been done in the past. Like I'm all yours absolutely. Matter of fact, let's watch little bit of this video. It's only like six minutes long. We don't have to watch the entirety of it, but at least to get the gist. I'm all here.
Speaker 6: Embarking on a project of unparalleled scale and ambition, constructing the world's largest hydropower dam on the Yar Lung Chung Po River in Tibet. This enormous undertaking, which could cost as much as one hundred thirty seven billion dollars, is set to produce three hundred billion kilowat hours of electricity annually. That's nearly three times the output of the Three Gorges Dam, currently the world's largest hydropower facility. While Beijing touts the project as a major step forward in renewable energy and economic development, its implications are raising serious concerns across environmental, geopolitical, and humanitarian spheres. Harnessing the power of the yar lungchang Po. The yar Lung sang Po River, originating from the Angsi Glacier in the Tibetan place, flows through the world's deepest canyon, the Yarlungsangpo Grand Canyon. This region boasts an extraordinary combination of natural features that make it ideal for hydropower generation. In a single fifty kilometer stretch near Namchabarwa Mountain, the river drops and astonishing two thousand meters, creating one of the most hydropower rich zones on Earth. China's plan to harness this power involves drilling multiple twenty kilometer long tunnels to divert the river's flow, enabling the generation of unprecedented levels of electricity. Once operational, the dam could play a pivotal role in China's broader strategy to meet its climate neutrality goals and shift toward renewable energy, as outlined in its fourteenth five Year Plan. Promises of progress or ecological catastrophe. Chinese state media describes the dam as a safe project that prioritizes ecological protection, but such assurances have done little to assuage the concerns of environmental experts and human rights organizations. The Tibetan Plateau is one of the most biodiverse regions on Earth, home to unique ecosystems that could face irreversible damage from this development. Altering the river's natural flow, coupled with large scale construction in a tectonically active area, poses significant risks, including landslides and seismic instability. Furthermore, the displacement of local Tibetan communities is almost certain, although Beijing has yet to disclose how many people will be affected. For context, the construction of the Three Gorges Dam required the relocation of one point four million people. In the case of the Yarlungsangpo Project. Affected populations could face loss of ancestral lands, cultural heritage, and livelihoods. Activists and Tibetan advocacy groups argue that this is yet another example of China's exploitation of Tibetan resources under the guise of development.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I'm just a little jaded, but I don't think China cares about displacing one point four million when they have like a population of a billion, give or take. And I know for a fact they don't care about the Tibetan culture. They're currently occupying a portion of Tibet right now, and the Dalai Lama is in hiding or in exile or whatever you want to call it in India because of this, so.
Speaker 6: Right, okay, deepening the historical tensions in the region, geopolitical ripples Downstream, the yar Lung Tangpo River doesn't end in Tibet. It flows south northward into India, where it becomes the Brahmaputra River and eventually reaches Bangladesh. For millions of people downstream, the river is a critical lifeline supporting agriculture, fishing, and drinking water supplies. By controlling the flow of this trans boundary river, China gains a powerful geopolitical tool that could exacerbate tensions with neighboring countries. India in particular, has raised alarm over the potential for China to manipulate the river's flow, which could affect water availability and flood risks in its northeastern states. Indian officials have even proposed the construction of a competing dam and reservoir to counterbalance China's influence on the river. This hydropower race could further strain already delicate relations between the two nuclear armed nations. Engineering feet meets environmental challenge.
Speaker 1: We could kind of go ahead and stop it there, but okay, and especially I didn't know that area was such a hot spot for like plate tectonic shifts and mud slides and things like that. Although a hydro power plant does not pose the same types of risk it like a nuclear power plant would would present as far as like having some sort of like earthquake happening or something like that. But still it's interesting, and I mean, I see the benefits that China would be going after here, and maybe that's big picture why they've been making more pushes into more pushes into India and all these things. But yeah, I don't see that going into a net positive direction for them. Although listen here a new vision for United States hydropower raven This is the article that you sent. Is this talking about the new form of hydro power that they were talking about the new form of it?
Speaker 4: It's just talking let me see which our article?
Speaker 2: Sorry if yeah, if you scroll down, it's just talk like it's just kind of talking about the different existing facilities that they're providing low cost, low carb low carbon stuff that they are in high value potentially to increase the contribute blah blah generation story. I'm just scanning really quick. It's just kind of talking overall about like what the vision is.
Speaker 3: I just was.
Speaker 4: You don't need to read it.
Speaker 2: It's just pretty much what I found on the new version is the infrastructure is changed in how they do it is like what I was seeing, Like the actual way that they actually are getting the water and moving it around, it's not disturbing as much, and so they're trying to make it more of a popular thing. Also, I didn't know Australia has five massive hydroplants there, so there's a whole bunch of people like countries that are using hydropower more now, and there's a lot of debate going on about Canada's massive megadam so I was just kind of reading different stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, very interesting, and thank you for sharing all of this, for sure. And you know what, while we're already kind of on the topic of China, this does actually present a very decent segue for something that I heard. And I don't know how much of this I actually believe, but at the same time, it's worth talking about here. This is an article from twenty twenty two, as a matter of fact, and it's saying basically, does China have designs on Siberia? Now? I don't Again, I don't know the validity of this. I do know that once upon a time they were talking about China invading Russia, and this was, if I'm not mistaken, right before the invasion took place. And this is a September twenty second of twenty twenty two. Now I don't know why, but there is more recently talking points about this being more realistic. Apparently Jizjaping and Putin are on the outs right now. And again, it really depends on the source. It depends on the source you read. I don't know that for a fact. I don't know Xi personally or anything old Panda boy himself. But this was something from a few years back. Here it says, actually, I'm sorry, this is right after the invasion happened. Chinese leaders Ji japan relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin is tarnished as a result of Russia's unprovoked invasion and occupation of Ukraine. GI has been distancing China from Putin's predaceous predation gradually out of deference to his two biggest customers, the United States and the European Union, but on September fifteenth, his displeasure about the war became public. Putin himself admitted at the press conference following the meeting with Ji that China had concerns about his war in Ukraine, and so did India. But there is one more elephant in the room, Siberia, a region bigger and richer than any place on Earth. I feel like that's also a bit biased pool see with resources that under pin Putin's economy. It is Asian, not European, and one day will most likely or mostly fall into China's hands. Okay, g knows this and needn't lift a finger to speed along. This outcome to some Chinese takeover of Siberia may seem preposterous, but Putin's flailing war against the West increases the odds that the Russian Federation itself may atomize. Well, that didn't exactly play it off, though, way did it. Although again, depending on the Sorcier read, they're collapsing more and more by the day, and there's more outcries and more protests, and now they're calling for more coups. But I mean again, it depends on who you're talking to. Honestly, Putin may eventually be removed, freeing Russia from a dictatorship, but also liberating revolutionary and secessionist movements across the vast federation. Moscow's militarized center with a military that's been humiliated and will not hold, and there are dozens of active secession movements across Russia Cheshniya, Tartistan, Colingrad, Sokko Report, Public and others in Siberia. In twenty twenty one, this person whose name I can't pronounce, a lecturer in Eastern European studies at the University of Warsaw posted a six scenarios for Russia the fall of Russia under the influence of China, Balkanization, territorial disintegration, a gradual but peaceful disintegration, an imperial boom resulting from high oil and gas prices for years, and modernization in cooperation with the West. Cooperation is not in Putin's DNA and his illegal invasion. Okay, so this article is very very very very very biased. I see this, I get this. But at the same time, the article wasn't going on to say, just like, yes, you's mad at Putin, He's about to invade Siberia. Apparently there was some sort of a historical precedent to this that they were going on about. Now, again, this is back in twenty twenty two, right, and a lot of the predictions of what would happen and what things would look like in the near future did not exactly come to pass. But same time, if China was to try to make a move into Siberia for the resources, and I'm not saying a military invasion, more like a buyout, if you will, or something like that, or maybe they're waiting for Russia to collapse so that they could come in and fill the void. In that regard, I don't know, but I don't see that as necessarily a dumb plan. I see it as a very wise move for them to try to do that if the situation was to go a certain direction, Tony, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So first of all, on the Putin Shee partnership, they've always got pretty rosy words for each other. Who knows what's really going on in the background, But I suppose that it's actually a pretty good relationship. She is she Genping is going to be in Moscow for their Victory Day parades on May ninth of this year. So things look good enough. And like I think I said before, if China really wanted Siberia, I think they would just try to buy it. If not, you know, politically, at least, you know, just just in a private kind of way.
Speaker 1: That's how I've been doing it. They haven't been going in and taking things over militarily. They've been taking it over in a corporation way, right the big Belton Road in the way. If they were going to make yeah, it would be with a corporate greed, A suit and tie would take Siberia, not a gun.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Furthermore, there actually was a huge Sino Soviet border conflict, and there's a whole Wikipedia article on it, and some people even believe that nuclear weapons were used at that time, but hardly anybody saw them, and there was enough political pressure not to write any of this down. So I don't know. I'm not sure I believe that, but there was a there was a border conflict in nineteen sixty nine between the two countries.
Speaker 1: That was And as a matter of fact, we just did the episode on the Cult about the Lost Cosmonauts, and it was around that time when one of the Russian cosmonauts landed in China and they scrubbed him from the program and made it seem like he never was a part of it or whatever. But he was hailed in China as a prisoner for a year because they thought he was a Russian spy who fell out of a spycraft of some type. Because it was during that time of the Cold War where China and Russia happened to be on the outs. So yeah, there was a conflict, and I sincerely doubt that nuclear warheads were used, but especially during the Cold War when no information was coming out of communist nations other than what they wanted to come out, I could understand why maybe the West never heard about it in grave detail. I don't know, but yeah, I'm with you one hundred percent. I don't think China's going to take over in some sort of a military way, maybe a business way, maybe a co op type situation like they've been doing with everything else in the Belton wrote initiative. But I don't know, especially now that Russia's economy and yes, I know they've been everybody's been saying the Russian economy is like on its last leg, except for the fact that they were able to to sell their oil in LNG with a different flag on the boat and people were buying a third party because Europe really wants to buy Russian oil, even if not out loud, which we will get to that here in a minute. Actually why not now? Why not?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: This is actually right in line with that fact check. Did Europe spend more on Russian oil and gas than Ukrainian aid? This is from March fifth of this year, as a matter of fact, And this is actually pretty interesting, so to everybody who's thinking that, like, wait a minute, these European countries hate Russia and they need to back Ukraine, and they're gonna send weapons and manpower and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Before we just take on that stance, let's go ahead and look at it full pictures, shall we. There's a fact checking article from Newsweek about this. Europe has spent more on purchasing Russia's oil and gas than it has on assistance for Ukraine in the war with the country, President Donald Trump has told the US Congress. Trump made the comment during his address to lawmakers on Tuesday, in which he referred to what his administration might do to in the three year old conflict started at by Moscow. Trump compared the aid that the US has provided Ukraine with with what the war tour country was receiving from its European allies, effectively casting doubt on the commitment of the continent's leaders, who have raised concerns about Washington stopping its assistance in the fight against Russia. Isaac Levy from the Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air told Newsweek on Wednesday that the EU's purchase of fossil fuels from Russia are financing the Kremlins War chest and canceling out the support the block gives Ukraine. Yeah, I believe that one thousand percent. Trump said Europe has spent more money buying Russian oil than defending Ukraine, adding that the US spent has spent three hundred and fifty billion dollars, which was like taking candy from a baby, while Europe had spent one hundred billion dollars. What a difference that is. Over the course of the war started by Putin, the US had been the biggest donor of military and financial assistance. Trump claimed that he could end the war within a day entering the Oval office, and while the deadline has been extended to a more realistic timeframe, the US leader has insisted that he could still broke a swift of resolution to the conflict. During the address to Congress, Trump reiterated that his grievance about US spending on Ukraine, which he said provided no security, as he asked, do you want to keep it going for another five years? Which, by the way, yes, I personally believe the European countries want to keep it going for another five years. War makes money and they like that. And yes, it may not be making money for the European military industrial complex. They're able to buy Russian oil at cut rate prices because they know that Russia really needs to sell this oil. And now that they have all these crazy terrists from the international conglomerates and all that, the Russian ships have just changed their numbers and changed what flag they're flying and now it's some third party from Panama or from Liberia. And it doesn't matter because those two countries. You don't have to actually register the boat there in order to fly the flag there. You just had to file a paperwork and pay a fee and that's it. And so yeah, they're buying oil from this boat, where the boat come from. What language are the people on the boat speaking, that's not important. They're buying the oil at a really good rate, which is how Russia's been able to keep their economy going this whole time. If the European countries were that dead set on ending this war and crippling Russia, then they would be buying oil from name an Arabic country, name a North American country, not Venezuela. But I mean, there's ways that they could go about that, but they're just simply not doing it. And they have been funding both sides of this war. I understand this sounds very rothchild of them, but really looking at the numbers here, that's what they've been doing. So as much as they want to get on microphones and stand on podiums and tout their display with Russia b blah blah blah, then why are they funding it? I don't know, Tony, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Well? My thoughts are Britain and the EU are both facing a potential sovereign debt crisis they're afraid of and a great There's two ways that they've been getting around this. In twenty twenty, there was the great COVID panic and pandemic. That was a good excuse to shut everything down and maybe and divert everyone's attention away from the strength of their currency. And the other way is to say we all got to rally around the flag and react to this foreign threat that is Russia. And Germany is not very enthusiastic about it, but the French and the British are talking about sending at least small numbers of troops to Ukraine. I don't think they'll actually do it. I hope they don't, but they feel like they need to talk about it, and I think they think this will help rescue their economy and their sovereign debt and their currency. That's why I think that's the main motivator for doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree they're gonna they're talking. They're doing a lot of talking right about sending not just money, but manpower. And by manpower, I don't mean like a chunk of their military might, more like a couple battalions. Let's not forget that North Korea has sent ten thousand troops, so at this point, like France promising ten thousand, like ooh ooh, they're talking about matching North Korea's of donation. How magnanimous of them. It's Yeah, it's a whole lot of talking. And although it's a very ugly conversation to have, Yes, war makes money for these groups. And do you want to keep this war going on forever the European country, Sure do absolutely, And they'll tell you the reason why is because if they're fighting in Ukraine, that means that they're not coming to our doorstep. Russia I don't believe has any intentions on Germany. In France and Spain, I understand the argument for like Estonia I understand the argument for North Macedonia. I understand the argument for Poland. I at least understand the thought process of why they would think that's a real thing that needs to be concerned with. Okay, fine, I may disagree, I may agree, but I understand at least, like you know, on the chalkboard, looking at the math, how it maths. Fine, But the countries that are talking about donating all of these resources and manpower and everything else are not at risk of this becoming of them problem. But yes, they're wanting to match North Korea's charity, which is I think kind of insulting any but Zelenski's all too willing to accept whatever donations he can get because boy, oh boy, does he need it. So I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these Western European countries, it wouldn't be the first time they've been at war with Russia either, or the first time that they've frankly lost, for example Napoleon. You could argue the British won the Crimean War, but some people argue the opposite, And I don't know enough about it to say for sure.
Speaker 1: I called the Curic victory at best, dude, I mean, yeah, maybe on paper they won, but like at what cost.
Speaker 5: You know, uh huh, Yeah, they had to send a lot of troops very far away, whereas for Russia that fight was right next door. But anyway, I found another kind of funny interesting thing is this is admittedly from a Russian propagana outlet, but it seems true that the Russia Defense Ministry published a fragment of the interrogation of a Ukrainian soldier named Andre Chemer from Kiya. He was captured during the battles for Kirsk. Chamr showed a strange document. It was in French. The commanders of the armed for vers of Ukraine gave their subordinates an alleged French insurance policy, but in fact these guys couldn't read French. But what the document was was a consent for organ donation and transplantation in Canada. The prisoner didn't know about this, and the soldiers were told that if they were wounded, they would be sent to the best clinics in France for treatment and have a French life insurance policy. But in reality, allegedly when they were getting wounded, there were doctors coming up to harvest their organs. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not true. But this is just one of many little tidbits of information flying around in the fog of war.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, so much to unpack on that one. So if that is accurate, I'm not saying it is. I'm not saying it isn't. It would really depend on the injury sustained by the person, because it's not like every organ is harvestable upon, you know, even if it's a fresh I mean, we're talking about a guy that's been living in trenches and on the front line for god knows how many months or whatever the case may be. But if it was a viable, you know, source of organs, I could envision a world where if this person's especially already being chalked up as a death anyway, you know, and we're talking about a war where there's report saying that neither side actually cares about their soldiers. So I get that I could see a world in which that would be accurate. I also think that if you were able to keep him alive long enough to make it to an AID station, and then they would, you know, say, oh no, this guy's not going to get surgery. He's going to get that other surgery. I just I don't know. I have a hard time seeing making it to the surgical room or tint or whatever the case. And then like what organs would you harvest from a frontline soldier that would be viable or sellable at that point, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, part of me kind of doubts it too, But it goes on that they claim that there were doctors running around with like a thermal box containers for organs, trying to put people's organs on ice and stuff. Maybe it's not true for the record, but maybe I've heard a lot of stories about like China doing organ harvesting, and I'm not one hundred percent sure that's true either. It could be half true. But these are kind of the kind of accusations that just fly around a lot when two countries aid each other.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility. I'll give you that. It sounds not probable, but very possible. I mean, it's it's and I know we're looking at this from an American lenns right, and on paper, at least, the American government gives a they give a rats ass about their military members and all these things, and yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, Sure, even though they let that marine stay in a Russian prison for years for nothing, and they traded Britney Griner back before him, and like that's the thing that absolutely happened. But yeah, so that's what I'm saying. There is absolutely a greater than zero percent chance that something like this has happened. And I mean, even if it's a very isolated case or cases of something like this happening, maybe it's not a big mass push that still breaks a lot of Geneva Convention walls, which I mean that only applies to the countries that actually acknowledge the Geneva Convention. So I mean, I don't believe that Ukraine wasn't a country when that was signed. And the Soviet Union was the one that was signed the Geneva Convention, not the Russian Federation.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't know that's a good point. I could look that up. But this brings up something that is not political at all, if you'll indulge me for a minute. But yeah, I have a friend through church and he and his wife just had a baby. But I don't want to give away information or docks him or anything, but the baby did not survive. But The one silver lining though, is that they got to donate the baby's heart valve, so there's probably another baby out there who's going to get to live who wouldn't have gotten to live otherwise. So it's obviously highly emotional for them and this is like the one little silver lining of it. So I guess thank God for organ donation. And some people don't believe in it for some reason, but I think it's a good thing. Gee, what's your take, Podox.
Speaker 7: Judaism does not believe in it does not believe in Oregon transplants. I'm not entirely so I don't I don't know. I knew that was gonna be the follow up question, and I will have to do a little bit more research on it, but I I'm not sure if it has to do with what we believe that there will be a a revivification of the dead.
Speaker 3: Basically means like.
Speaker 7: Probably probably the resurrection, just different, different, different term. So that since eventually there will be a point where, like we believe that all Jews will go to Israel, like when once our Messiah eventually comes in et cetera, and once it gets to a certain point, it could be that it's not necessary because obviously God being God there and there are there have been millions of Jews over the past, you know, a couple of thousand years who have died. So it's not like these organs are Bible, you know, hundreds of years later.
Speaker 3: It could just.
Speaker 7: Be because God gave it to us. I don't know, so I will have to do more research. But no, Orthodox Jews do not believe in organ donations.
Speaker 1: So follow up question, I would love to hear what you find as far as that goes. Ask I would love for like some rabbis and get like the the dogmatic reasons for that. But and I understand why. For instance, like a heart valve replacement, I fully get why Jews would not want a pig valve installed in them.
Speaker 3: Not true, not true, not true.
Speaker 1: Actually wait, I was about saying, I know now replacements though, like a cow valve would be better than a pig valve. As far as the Jewish, you know, dog Mo was concerned. You're fine with.
Speaker 3: Neither, So hold on, hold on, a hold lot. So here's the reason.
Speaker 7: So there is a mitzvah in the tour that says that you should live be ahem, which means you should live through them. And one of the interpretations and reading of it is that if you are that you are required to do whatever you can.
Speaker 3: To save life.
Speaker 7: So for for example, my my grandmother is is not religious, for example, and I am. However, if she was having a heart attack, I would pick up my phone and I would call that, I would call if there was if there was a doctor. There are plenty of religious communities that a doctor will have their phone on during shop. Is because if you are able to save the life, you are required to do so.
Speaker 3: This this is not optional.
Speaker 7: So when it comes to any kind of surgeries that are uh, life giving surgeries that like, if you do.
Speaker 3: Not get this pig valve, you will die.
Speaker 7: You not even should you must take that heart or take take that take that valve in order to do so.
Speaker 1: Orthodox Jews are not down with organ donation and all that it would Orthodox Jews be down with a heart valve replacement for a pig valve. Or is this like the different yes, modern type of judy.
Speaker 3: No that no, that that no, that that's that's a different thing.
Speaker 7: Those are two different One of them is giving the organs away after one has been deceased, and the other one is getting something in order to survive.
Speaker 1: That kind of it's a different.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's a different it's a different thing.
Speaker 7: So like so when it comes to when I say organization, or we're talking about that posthumously.
Speaker 3: So so after someone.
Speaker 7: Has been deceased, you are the all of the organs should stay with the body, as opposed to with the example you're giving about the pig valve, is that if I were to not get the surgery, I would die.
Speaker 3: As opposed to I'm already dead.
Speaker 7: Therefore, the organs that I already have internally I can give away.
Speaker 3: It's a different thing one is in order to survive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're against receiving a donated organ. They are against donating their own organs.
Speaker 7: At least at the very least after you are dead. So a good question also would be if I was to say, had the same I don't know kidney as somebody and they needed a kidney transplant, would I be allowed to give my organ? I'm not sure, so that that would be a secondary question.
Speaker 3: So after someone dies, for sure.
Speaker 7: Not If it's to save a life, that might be permissible because you're doing something to help someone survive.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, please find out more on the dogma of this. I would love to learn more about. I didn't know this honestly. Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm kind of confused, but I'm interested to learn more too. One thing I could say is that there was a similar teaching in the Catholic Church that you couldn't be cremated and you're supposed to be buried because it will make the resurrection of the body easier.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean right, it's kind of I think that's why I think catholic has got it from Jews, because Jews should not be cremated.
Speaker 3: That's a it's a very bad thing.
Speaker 7: And even like when it comes to laws of mourning, that that you should not or cannot properly mourn for somebody if they were cremated.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the Holocaust is a completely difference.
Speaker 7: Because that was something that was that was done extremely forcefully, that was not exactly done willingly.
Speaker 3: But but for those.
Speaker 7: Who willingly get it done, it's it is not looked upon very highly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have an uncle who is like overly Catholic, and I'm not saying that in an insulting way, but he's like full on Knights of Columbus. Dude, and I'm not throwing shaite at the Knight's Columbus. You know, a lot of these guys are amazing organization, amazing people. But he also we were talking about that one day. My dad, his brother wants to be cremated, right. He on the other hand, was like, I don't know why I would do that. Why would I make it harder for God to put all the pieces back together once I die? And I was like, wait, wait, wait, wait, when you die, your body doesn't go with you. Your body stays here, your soul goes up. Wait do you think you're gonna have like this body? You're gonna look like you when you go there. He's like, well yeah, And I'm like, wait, where in the book does it say that? Show me anywhere where it says that. Well, I mean, it's just the way it's gonna work. I was like, who told you this? It's the way it's gonna be. And I'm like, oh, okay, that's sure. That's a thing. So I didn't know that was a whole Catholic ideology. I just thought that was a hymn being a hymn thing. So this is, uh, that's a thing. And I knew that the Jews weren't allowed to do like a cremation that. If anything, the whole burial rights of the jew is how we even got the shrouded touring from Jesus and like the burial tombs and all these things. Lazarus was in a tomb, Like, there's there's an order of precedence to this, And I know there's gonna be some people that say that they adopted that from Egypt when they were there, and it's like, dude, the Jewish culture predates that. It's it's not the same conversation. But yeah, people like to look at these things and pretend like they're comparing apples to apples. I get it. And as a matter of fact, we were having a conversation about that today with Cosmic Peach. We shot an episode with her this morning. We were talking about burial practices from different cultures around the world and it's actually really fascinating to look at like without any biases, right, just no biases from ourselves whatsoever. Certain cultures believe in cremation, just outright right, Like the Greeks and the Romans, they did funeral pyres cut two egypt Semitic religions, Hell Zoroastrians even they don't believe in funeral pyres and they worship fire, right, they bring their dead to the Towers of Silence and they set them on top of a roof, on top of this tall tower so they can rot naturally, and it's like a whole thing. There's no funeral details with it, but they're also forbidden to touch dead things, and there's this other stuff to it. Then you look at like certain Native American tribes who alle hundred percent did cremation and funeral pyres. Then you cut to the Mayans, who did a very specific way of not I wouldn't sa mummification, but we could say body preservation, and they did them in these bags and they would set the bodies in this fetal position. It was a whole thing. It is very fascinating to look at the burial practices, or I say burial loosely, let's just say how to dispose of a dead person's body. Put that to the overarching theme. It is very interesting to look at how that changes culture to culture, especially with neighboring cultures. But yeah, go ahead, zombie, I I say, raven Lee, I know you have something to say on this. You being the anthropologist and all.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, I I have a question for hard Gie. I was sitting here thinking about like how does that work with like byproducts, so like can you receive other people's blood? Can you give blood? Because like blood is such like a deeply you know that that if you want to talk about anything, Yeah, blood.
Speaker 4: Is life, so like could you receive that?
Speaker 2: Like I mean, and then I know this is really random and like kind of gross, but like there's fecal transplant, Like can you receive that from somebody? Could you get Like I'm just really like I'm kind of I mean, I knew about.
Speaker 4: Like some things, but I'm just like, huh.
Speaker 2: That's and then the whole theory, like the conspiracy theory that if you have donor on your license that like they'll kill you to be able to get your organs. I don't know anybody, And when I was doing my like when I was an EMT and did my EMT stuff, like, I never looked at anyone's license. I was just concerned about making sure the person lives. So that's always been an interesting conspiracy theory. A lot of people always bring that up about the donor stuff.
Speaker 1: No good question about blood so please.
Speaker 3: I agree. So so as far as.
Speaker 7: Blood, as far as I know, is fine to give and to be given too, so there should there's there's not a problem with that because I think that's one of those things that's replenishable as opposed to you're not going to grow a different kidney. They're not going to grow a different I don't know they name another organ that we give out. So as far as the I think that's how it goes. As far I've never had I used to donate blood all the time because I'm all positive. Uh so, I you know, they enjoyed my blood. Because so if you're doing something to save someone's life, I think that that's fine.
Speaker 3: Plenty of people, I mean plenty.
Speaker 7: Of juice go to the hospitals every single day that need something.
Speaker 3: So that would be as far as that it's internal and you're doing it probably for.
Speaker 1: The you're cutting out on his roy ah man, do we lose them? Sorry, Harry, Yeah, we can hear you, brother, sure.
Speaker 3: Sorry, a bad part of the mountains.
Speaker 7: As far as the Fegal transport, I would I would assume that that should be fine also because it's all about receiving good bacteria, so that you can survive from what the basic law is that you can if you can do something or if you need to do something in order to survive or to help someone to survive, that takes precedents because that's how valuable God treats human life. So anything that we can do to save ourselves and save other people. Now, then you get to these wonderful questions on well, all right, well, if you can either kill one person or five, like obviously these are not my kinds of questions, and I will I have zero desire to try to eat to like that. Morality questions sometimes are not not easy or for this scope. But yeah, basically if you can, if you can save someone's life and you can save of you'r and saved your own life, that takes pressing. And then randomly there was actually one Jew in history that actually got bummified.
Speaker 1: Really like Egyptian mummified.
Speaker 7: Yes, who actually said it says very very specifically in the in the Torah. I believe it was. They want to say Jacob because he traveled down.
Speaker 3: Joseph. I think if I'm bad at this on one about that, but.
Speaker 1: Basically, now you said the tourus would be in the first five.
Speaker 7: Books correct, So not so it was either Jacob or Joseph.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't remember. I don't remember either, because no, it wasn't.
Speaker 7: It wasn't just Joseph, because it was his father, because he said, please mummify me that way, because he wanted to be buried in Israel in the Cave of Mala with his with his father's so in order to preserve him, he was also momified.
Speaker 1: How interesting I'm trying to think, I'm I honestly don't even know how Jacob died, like as far as the story goes and all of that. I actually just was talking about that earlier today too. If I'm not mistaken. One of Jacob's descendants became the Samaritans, right, So I mean it as a whole whole thing about that. But it's wow, So Jacob's dad, no.
Speaker 7: I think, yes, So thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Hold on, that doesn't sound right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound right. I can't tell you the burial practices of the Prophets, you know what I mean. So I don't know. But of all the things, why would they go for an Egyptian burial? That that's wild to me? I mean body.
Speaker 3: Preservation preserve well also know.
Speaker 7: Another idea is that a someone who is a sid or a righteous person, their body does not decompose, so.
Speaker 3: Like they didn't want He didn't.
Speaker 7: Want to be worshiped as a deity because his body didn't decompose.
Speaker 1: Interesting, all right, you learned something new every day, so this is just kind of new information to me. Honestly, I'm reading into the chat here, and you know what, can I just take a second and say thank you all of you for being adults who know your blood type. I'm it shocks me how many people, actual adults, not just like nineteen year olds, but like full fledged adults who don't know their blood type. That that bothers me. And they just they don't know. They know they're social Security number, but they don't know that. And it's like, wait, how do you not. It's not even something like well I never learned it, bro read your medical records. Just it's it's right there. It's not like it's a secret and you might need to know that one day it kills me. I don't know.
Speaker 3: By the way, it was, it was Joseph So in La Tourah, Joseph So.
Speaker 7: Joseph was embalmed and placed in Egyptian coffin with the promise that his bones would be taken to Canaan or Israel bias people. While Jacob was also involved with there is no mention of coffin. So both Jacob and Joseph were embalmed and Mamma.
Speaker 1: Five Joseph, which Joseph is this there's a few of them in the book.
Speaker 3: Uh, So we're talking about my Joseph, not you're Joseph.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm asking, Like, who is he the son of or the father of? Yes, yes, Jacob's son Joseph.
Speaker 5: If you went to Egypt to bec I'm a hill than all of his other brothers and his father had to come down when there was a famine. Yeah, they're all in Egypt for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Oh my god, Joseph in the many colored cloak, that's what we're talking about. That's David. That's Joseph.
Speaker 8: Nod No, No, Joseph as Joseph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not David.
Speaker 5: And David's like what three hundred years later?
Speaker 1: Maybe I didn't mean King David. I'm thinking there's more than one David. Okay, So Joseph he was his dad gave him favor gave him a cloak. His brothers got pissed, sold him into slavery and long stories. He ended up handling the finances of Egypt, so that would make sense why he was buried in the proper Egyptian way. Okay, I'm with you now, God It, dude, I need to do more digging into the OT I really, I mean, I know the stories and stuff, but man, I really need to reread some of these things. Honestly, I've been digging more into the Gospels here lately, but the Old Testament has so much fascinating history behind it all. Anyway, I digress. Yeah, and Royce, please let us know more about uh when you find out more about the the ins and outs of the whole organ donating versus organ receiving. How is a pig heart? Okay, I'm also very curious about that. I understand it's too like save your life. I get that, But like of all things, the bovine valve, I could see nobody really having an issue with it's a cow. Everybody's cool with that. Not the Hindi's obviously, but like for the Jews and the Muslims and the Christians, why not. It's cool. A pig valve I thought would be like haram as as hell for the I don't know that the Jewish word for forbidden. I don't mean to you. See what I'm saying, sir, So.
Speaker 7: User as u r acer, Yeah, okay, is prohibited?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I thought a pig valve would be aucer as hell.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 1: But like I, I'm not a Jew. I don't be knowing the thing. So please do some digging on that and let us know.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'll try to get next by by next week.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, go ahead, Raven, your hand is raised.
Speaker 4: I'm curious. I know this is I just I don't know much about the Jewish faith.
Speaker 2: I mean I've I've watched some stuff, but like I don't know a lot about it. But what is the views on like doing IVF or like you know, like is there can you have?
Speaker 3: Like yes? I guess so yeah.
Speaker 7: The reason why I know that yes is because I've had friends that have used them. I have also have a good friend who had her eggs frozen, So yes, on both accounts.
Speaker 3: Why I don't know, I'm.
Speaker 1: To make more Jews, so anything to make Jewish babies is okay by them. I could see that.
Speaker 3: Orange Jews, Apple Jews, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yep.
Speaker 2: Also to the burial stuff, like I dropped the because that me and Tony were talking about the South Africa is someone that I showed you a couple weeks ago about the new information coming out about the burial rights for like who they believe the cradle of faith and stuff for that area in South Africa. But that's I think that's really fascinating, the different barrieral rights around the world and how they've changed or stayed the same through so much history. I always find just all of that fascinating.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Matter of fact, let's read a little bit of this. The Homo n lady or no laddie. I'm not sure we're burying their dead at least one hundred thousand years before humans. Now that's interesting. This would be one of our evolutionary predecessors, if we are to believe in that style of evolution. But let's see here, some twenty five miles out of Johannesburg, South Africa, there is a famous paleonanthropical yep sight known as the Cradle of Humankind. So any hominin bones were found in the region that it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in nineteen ninety nine. Among the many limestone caves in the region is the Rising Star Cave, where the caverns discovered fossil. Yet the caverns discovered fossil representing a new hominin species, Homoni lady. In twenty fifteen, only Hlady homon ladies remains were found in the cave, suggesting the possibility that the bodies have been placed there deliberately, although this hypothesis proved to be a bit controversial. Now the same expedition team has announced the discovery of the Nilaiti bodies deposited in fetal positions, indicating intentional burials. Now that's fascinating. This predates the earliest known burials by Homo sapiens by at least one hundred thousand years, suggesting that brain size might not be the definitive factor behind such complex behavior. The team also found crosshatched symbols engraved on the walls of the cave that could as far back as two thousand and forty one or two hundred and forty one thousand to three hundred and thirty five thousand years, although testing is still ongoing, so we're talking about realistically, over a quarter million years ago, they were doing deliberate burial styles and doing carvings, which would not necessarily indicate some sort of a religion, but more than likely some sort of burial practices which do typically tie into some sort of spirituality or religion, which is wow. Taken together, the discoveries provide evidence of a major cognitive step in human evolution in terms of mortuary practices and meaning making. The team described these new findings during a virtual press conference in a in three new pre prints posted to the bioerxiv rx iv, which will be published later this year in the journal eLife. Quote here, I think we are facing a remarkable discovery here of hominids with brains a third the size of living humans and slightly larger than chimpanzees burying their dead, something previously only found in large brain hominids, as well as etching meaning making symbols on the wall, says Lee Berger, a pale paleothropologist in the National Geographic Explorer in Residents who leads the Rising Star project. Back to the quote, this would mean not only are humans not unique in the development of symbolic practices, but they may not even have invented such behaviors. Wow, it says here that, oh Jesus, naturally. There are skeptics. For instance, Maria Marnton Torres, director of Spain's National Research Center for Human Evolution, told The New York Times that such speculations were premature based on the evidence presented so far, suggesting that funerary caching cashing. Yeah, funerary caching was a more likely scenario than burials. Hypotheses need to be built on what we have, not what we guess. She said, Isn't that the entire point of a hypothesis is an educated guess. I don't know. Still, I think the possibility of having funerary caching with the antiquity is already stunning. So she's not saying that this isn't this isn't a real thing. She's just saying that they're kind of being premature in what they're guestimating about what these things could mean. The story of homeown a Daily technically begins millions of years ago with the Cradles network of limestone caves, first formed, as Lydia Pine wrote for Ours Ars into twenty eighteen, caves in that area of South Africa form a water paracolates I guess through the cracks and fissures of the region's domolite dolomite excuse me rock and slowly erodes the rock away, forming underground caverns of all shapes and sizes. As water flows through these caves, it leads behind posits of calcium carbonates easily recognizable as concrete, hard brakiaz or sheet like deposits of flowstone found along cave walls in the Rising Star Cave system. This resulted in a network of chambers, including those where researchers have recovered Homone Lady fossils. Recreational cavers have been exploring parts of the Rising Star system since the nineteen sixties, but Berger hired a team of cavers in twenty thirteen to survey the cave more thoroughly and to map out any chambers with potentially significant fossils. The team included Rick Hunter and Stephn Tucker, who used a nineteen eighty five map to guide their explorations. The duo managed to worm their weight through a previously unmapped slot just eighteen centimeters wide and found themselves in one of the cave's chambers. There, they saw a treasure trove of fossilized bones is a quote here. When we first saw the mandible, we thought maybe this was the last guy that came down the chain and didn't make it out, Hunter told Ars in twenty eighteen, the reality was potentially much more significant. Excited by the discovery, Berger hired an additional team of six women with both scientific and caving experiences to excavate the site, using two picks and sometimes even porcupine quills, among other tools. The entire three week excavation played out live on Twitter. These are not easy sites to access. In fact, the shoot elaborate the long one portion of the route to the dun a lady chamber is known as Superman's crawl because most cavers can only manage to squeeze through by extending one arm above the head while holding the other tied against the body. It's basically a narrow, vertical, twelve meter long chimney with an average width of twenty centimeters, which is about seven point nine inches.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a really really long article. I'm not going to read all of it, but essentially what they're saying is, and this is if I'm sure they're going to do some carbon dating. I'm sure there's going to be a lot more studies to go along with, but this would show like actual forethought given to funerary rights and again arguably religious practices being conducted over a quarter million years ago. That's pretty incredible. Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't think gymps bury their dead or seem to do much with them, but human religion probably evolved from what to do with people when they die, and that's how ancestor worship came into existence, and some of these ancestors were deified. So that's a running theory and I think it's a pretty good one. As for carbon dating, this is a kind of a nerdy topic, but carbon fourteen has a half life of seven thousand years, so if these if these samples are more than ten carbon half lives old, you probably wouldn't even use carbon. You'd probably use something else. And I don't know what that would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fossilized bones. These are rocks at this point, Like, I don't even know what kind of carbon you would be looking at in this if they are Yeah, wow, But.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I watched a video on this. It's really hard to get in that chamber because you can see a map of it in the video, but nobody's been in there for a long time anyway. Now I'm talking about stuff though a slightly different topic. You know, one thing that came that started really pissing me off, and I'm and I'm I hate this because, you know, my friend went through so much losing losing their child. So many people were telling telling them and and our group that well, this is God's will and God is going to have, you know, some way to make up for this. And I just thought I would never tell somebody this is God's will, you know, if they've gone through a tragedy. I don't think God wills stuff like that. But stuff like that happens by accident or negligent answer, you know, just by accident. It's not a question of God wanting it to happen. Do you have any thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right, when you say it's God's will, I don't believe that God, the God that I worship, anyway, deals with dice or plays in chance, or makes mistakes or has accidents. I'm personally not of that belief. Yeah, human error is a thing, but I also believe that's all predetermined as well. I believe in free will, but I also believe in determination and destiny. I believe they work. They work in an intertwined type of scenario. But that's that's a very very very convoluted and philosophical conversation, which I mean, I guess this is getting and ready to get that way. But it depends on if somebody can find peace and solace in the fact that it was God's plan for this to happen, not to them. See, that's it depends on how it's contextualized, right, if you look at it that way, than anything that's ever happened period happened to a person rather than just happened and a person was a part of it. And it's not a fun conversation. It's the same way of like, you know, some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth and some people are born with cancer like already as a baby, both of which are equally a part of God's plan. Whether we understand that or not. That's one of the great mysteries. Why do some people get hooked up and why do some people get screwed right out the gate? It's not fair, But no one ever said that life was going to be fair. It's not fun or comfortable, but it's still true. But it's like, uh, in Heaven forbid, if I was to suffer some sort of tragedy like that, I would personally take solace in the fact that God saw fit to bless me to be a father for the amount of time that I was. I also, to bring this up even further, Josh Monday, who does two different shows on the Cult to Conspiracy right on Sundays and Wednesdays, he just lost his child. And when I reached out to him and expressed all my condonances and all of this, he said, hey, man, it's all good. He's with this heavenly Father, which is a way better father than I could have ever been for him. Right, And like, he didn't say that in a sad way. He was saying that honestly and truthfully, and he found solace in that. But at the same time, I could understand why somebody would be very emotional and jaded and hurt in that moment and hearing that it was God's will would actually make them spurn against God. In that sense, it really depends on the person and depends on the faith, And there's so many different levels to that you know, but I understand absolutely say it. I hope it wasn't meant as a well, I guess that was God's plan, Like, don't be a dick, you know what I'm saying, But like if it was given in a sense of true love, of like this was sad. Of course you're going to mourn the loss of your child one hundred percent, but you should take solace in knowing that this child will never experience pain again. He'll never experience the hardships of this life. Yes, he may may never also experience the joys and the amazing things life has to offer. But at the same time, he is now with his heavenly Father, and we should take joy in that. Right. As Christians, we should be looking forward to death, not be afraid of it, and say, that's what I'm saying. It's a very difficult philosophical conversation I have for sure.
Speaker 3: Art, So may I chime in for a quick second.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so, as far as the death of a child, we do not know the reason.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, Jacob, you believe.
Speaker 10: Very similarly to what you do, and that everything that happens God wills it or like so, and the different the idea of.
Speaker 3: Free Like what is free will? And that's it. That's a huge other topic. But like, there was a story that I read once.
Speaker 8: And and basically to where there was this couple that lost a three year old's child, and like the mother was like in consolable up until I guess there was like a dream where the child came back to her or if you visited, except that wasn't a child at that point. Basically, what it needed to happen is that for some reason, this stage of this person needed to be reincarnated for a certain amount of time, and.
Speaker 11: Once their time was up, then that child died, but the soul which was reincarnated was then able to ascend to heaven because we don't we don't know the status of that soul, especially.
Speaker 3: Of someone who is so young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's it. I didn't know the Jews believed in reincarnation until you told me that. By the way, that blows my mind. But there are examples of prophets coming back through people, and I understand why that is a talking point for sure. But and again, if that, if that is what gave that mother solace in that time, then like, hey, who am I to tell her that she's incorrect, you know what I mean. I get that for sure, But Tony, I hope I answered that question without signing like a complete asshole.
Speaker 5: Yeah you did. I hope they took it the best way. I don't really know. They seem to be okay with it, and they seem to be saying similar things. But I know I would not react well if somebody told me that in that situation.
Speaker 1: I so a little bit of a backstory with me. Me and my ex wife miscarried our first time, right, which I understand the like, what was there statistics like ninety five percent of women miscarry their first go round and it's just like unviable and all these things, and most just think it's like a late period. They don't even realize it was a miscarriage. And all the things I read, all the literature and all this stuff. At that time, I was already struggling with my faith. I was this is what kind of led me to what I call my season of doubt, when I turned away from Christianity as a whole and started digging into every other religion that I could get my hands on. But this is what began that for me, and I felt like God had taken my child from me and all these things, and I was so angry and I cursed against God and all of these things. Right, but I never stopped to think, hey, bro, maybe you weren't ready to be a dad yet, Like, maybe there's a reason why it miscarried rather than it was stillborn or whatever the case was. And I'm not saying that that is the case for other people. This is Jacob speaking on behalf of Jacob here. But it also took me years to come to peace with the fact that life be life in you know, and it's never going to be according to our plan. We can make all the preparations we want, but in the end, curveballs are going to come our way whether we like it or not. Right, But the same way that, for instance, in the Bible, job blessed God in the highs and in the lows, we are supposed to do the same thing. Now, I'm not saying that a miscarriage or a still born or the losing of a child should be looked at as a test for us, right, that's a very narcissistic way of looking at it. However, we also need to acknowledge that we are being tested every single day, in small ways and in large ways, and we should always be putting our best foot forward because we are supposed to be that way. We're supposed to be, as we were just told to be waiting with our lamps ready rather than sleeping on the job. Right. We are always supposed to be acting as that the Lord's coming back tomorrow or right now, and sometimes we fall short of that, and that's okay. There's a reason why the Savior came and gave his life and all of these things. But we also cannot look at the lows and blame others or even blame ourselves. Sometimes sometimes it's okay to acknowledge that curveballs are going to hit us regardless, and it sometimes just our turn to get shit on, you know, and something, and that's not fair. It's not fun all these things. But that's also not something that we should wallow in. We should get through our hard seasons with as much spirit of joy as we possibly can muster. And that's why I believe that having a sense of community is also important. When I went into my season of doubt, I did not have any kind of real community or network that I could fall on, And now I mean a religious community or like being plugged into your church like, nothing like that. I was just at a really big low point in my life. My marriage was failing, my career was failing, had a misk, it was a whole whole mess. I was drinking like a fish. It was not a good time. So pretty much anything that happened to me, I thought it was happening to me, right, Oh poor me, whan wan wha. And I'm not trying to downplay the experiences. But at the same time, my perspective was very limited to my current situation, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And it took me a.
Speaker 1: Long time to step back and look at it from a different perspective and gain new insights. So when everybody or anybody is going through the tough shit, because all of us are going to go through the tough shit, whatever that may be, it's gonna be different for everybody, and not everybody's going to handle the same situation the same way. Some people can handle the worst situations with grace and with with you know, all of the amazing qualities that make you revere somebody. And then you'll see somebody who handles a broken nail like it's the actual end of the earth, and they don't mean it to be dramatic. They mean it to be real, and there's all areas in between. But yeah, regardless of what the situation is, I believe that we should still praise God, we should bless his name, and we should still try to do everything we can to bless those around us as a way to be an inspiration and if anything, build the testimony to help people when they get the shit on their front step. If that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just I find it easier to believe God is good and benevolent if God does not have a plan for tons of people to die for no good reason at least that I can understand, or to try to say that, oh, well, there must have been a good reason for this war or this genocide or this baby to die. Oh God must have had a reason for it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe God didn't actually want that to happen, but it happened because somebody made a mistake of negligence, or it was just an accident in some other way. I gif a branch falls on somebody. Some people would interpret that as God wanted that to happen, or somebody gets struck by lightning. I had a neighbor whose brother got struck and killed by lightning. But I don't believe that it was thor striking emor that God wanted him dead. It's just now it happens. Sometimes Lightning strikes a lot of places on the earth. Normally doesn't hit anyone, but every once in a while it's gonna hit somebody, and it's just an accident. And you know, if I believed in a God that really wanted people to die and wanted all the horrible things in history that have happened to have happened precisely that way, I think I would be more likely to blame God for the bad things in the world. And the fact that I don't believe that makes me think, Okay, maybe it's just an accident, but God will help people through it, or God will help people make the best of it. Maybe there's a silver lining, like getting to donate the heart valve. That doesn't mean that, you know, God actually wanted the bad thing to happen, wanted.
Speaker 1: It to happen, or it was a part of the plan for it to happen. I feel like that's not exactly the same thing, but it might equal the same result.
Speaker 5: I think of it as it's got to be the same thing. If it's part of the plan and God made the plan, does that mean he wanted it? And if people say it's God's will, does that mean he wanted it? Will kind of means want. Some people soften it just to say, oh, well, God lets bad things happen. It's like, okay, well, let's is different from lands it or wills it.
Speaker 1: So let's go further with this. The Garden of Eden. God didn't want man to fall from grace, but they did. I believe that was a part of the plan. But I don't believe God wanted that to happen.
Speaker 3: True, But God still made the temptation. Sure, for sure, I allowed the temptation because there can't be free will without it.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly Now, he didn't want Eve to eat the fruit and Adam and all these things. He didn't want them to leave the Garden of Eden. But that's just kind of how this works. There has to be a harmonic balance. So they made their choices and everything that has fallen out after that. Sure, but that wasn't that God wanted man to sin, but it was a part of the plan in the destiny, if you will for that to happen, and that's not fair, But who said life was ever going to be fair? God never said that.
Speaker 5: Well, plan and will, in my opinion, they have to be synonymous. And maybe maybe my opinion is wrong, maybe I haven't thought it through more than that. But if God makes a plan, if God scripts everything and we just followed the script, are we really responsible for anything? I would think that, you know, if free will is just an illusion, But I don't believe that. I'm a big believer in free will, not in determinism. And that's just me because I don't see him as compatible at all. Most people tell me that they are compatible, but I just don't see a way. Unless some higher dimensional reality is real and we're stuck in these three spatial dimensions in one time dimension and we're stuck here and we just can't see above that, there would have to be some you know, God's ways are higher than ours. In order to make that make sense, I can't make it make sense.
Speaker 1: Have I ever told you my example of my children with the stove?
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe not. Let's hear it go.
Speaker 1: This is about the best example I can find as far as free will versus determinism, and how they are not the same thing but can work in harmony. And then other people will reap or reap the benefits or the punishments for something that they had no part of. And that's just how things shake out sometimes. So was living in my first trailer, me and my ex wife, actually my only trailer now I think about it. I went straight from the trailer to the house. But long story short, my son three years old. I was cooking something and he was right next to me, as a three year old will be just under your foot, right, and I had to turn to do something, and I told him, don't touch the stove, right, And he had already touched the stove before he knew it was hot. He knew he'll get burned. It wasn't like this was like the first time ever. He had already done this before. So I told him, buddy, don't touch the stove. Oups, it's hot, it'll burn you. Right. I turned around. Now I knew for a fact he was about to touch the stove. But unfortunately, some lessons have to be learned the hard way, because you can tell them a million times don't do it. The second you turn around, they're going to do it. So I already knew it, but he was at a point where it was just going to do a fingertips, not his whole whatever my point is. So I turned to do something and I heard I heard it. I already knew it was going to happen. Now pause. I told him the rules. I told him as left and right, loatteral limits. And I told him what would happen if he did it. And he took his own free will and did it anyway right, and he got the immediate justice for that. I didn't have to punish him. He just got burned, And of course I'm going to be there to take care of him and all the stuff. Now, let me take this a step further, and for the record, I believe that is a pretty fair depiction of determinism and free will working in unison. I knew what was about to happen, it was determined, it was set in stone, but he still within his free will to do it. Now, let's go to the next step. Unbeknownst to my three year old son, his one year old baby sister had just walked up behind him. When he touched the stove, he jumped back and elbowed her in the nose. Now, my one year old daughter has a broken nose. Wrong place, wrong time. She did nothing to deserve this except for just was there. Now, how is that fair? How is this justified? It wasn't a part of what I determined on that front. I'm not God as an example. Here's a contrived example. To bear with me. Now, she is suffering because of the actions of someone else's free will, who was doing what they weren't supposed to do. Now, how is this justice? How is this fair? Sometimes life happens like this, and a lot of the time our injustice that we suffer is because of someone else misusing their free will. But it is all still a part of the plan, whether it's a positive or negative. Belie believe that God kind of does similar things with us. He's got the plan laid out. He knows everything. There's good things that are gonna happen, there is bad things that are gonna happen, both of them. Yes, if we're gonna really start playing the blame game, sure, I guess everything good and bad are because of God. But I also don't think that it's not for us as humans to assign blame, at least not in this kind of context when it comes to life and stuff like like, yeah, okay, if somebody kills somebody, yeah we could assign blame. Sure, that's an easy pointing of the finger. But when it comes to the big picture of it, the macro of life itself, we are but humans. We hell, half of us can't even decide what bathroom to use or if the earth is flatter around anymore. Some people believe nukes ain't real. So how are we gonna start playing the game of blaming one side versus the other for the good and the bad in this world? It's kind of not up for us to decide. I don't know. Maybe I'm completely off base in that assumption, but at least that that's what makes it make sense to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The hand raise over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see that, Stephanie, go ahead. Hey, So.
Speaker 12: I love this conversation, and I just wanted to add a couple of thoughts. Hopefully I can kind of formulate my thoughts, because I really don't know if they're quite formulated. But I was recently listening to our buddies, the Nephelum Desk Squad, and they had this episode called what is the Jew? Kind of hilarious, you know title, but it was kind of around this concept about obviously the Jew world order, and this guy was basically his his philosophy was, we're missing the big picture by arguing over you know, Israel and who's in control and you know what creepy, what creepy things are doing are being done behind you know, behind the scenes, we're missing the bigger picture that like this is part of God's plan and that God's always in control. And so he kind of had this and it seemed like a philosophy of just we don't need to like, we don't need to worry too much. We don't need to stress or fight or try to dismantle like the powers that be that God's already got, you know, because you know, the God's will will be fulfilled. What is written in the Old Testament will come in the New Testament, will come to fruition. And so it's kind of this same type of debate around you know, God's will and uh, you know, destiny and fate and then you know absolute chaos and agency and free will. And it was just a really really interesting topic because in some ways it's like, if you believe in God, if you believe in the God of the Old Testament, or the or the Tour or the Koran, whoever, the whoever you believe in, and you believe in this being that has all power, you then have to wrap, uh, you know, grapple with this idea of like what Zombie just posted, you should put a note about some of the most horrific things a person can't experience, and that if these, you know, biblical things are God will God's will, then then also these individual things are God's will. And a question that I heard once on a podcast when I was kind of leaving the faith, was this this question of if you were God, you know, how would you create the world, how would you create a human experience? What rules would you implement? And it kind of it kind of makes you think, is like, oh, how would you create a world? How what rules would you implement? You know, how would you protect your children? And I don't know if I necessarily had the answer, but I do believe that I do believe we're supposed to experience some of the most horrific things because they can be unfortunately the best teachers, and so I don't know, I don't think God's hand is in at all the details of our life. I think sometimes he you know, steps back and just lets us figure out some shit, if that makes sense. I don't think that, you know, God takes part in like you know, some some horrific shit that that's happening to people.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's like his will.
Speaker 12: I think people are making choices and he'll get you on the other side when you when you're going through that shit, But he's not necessarily like allowing allowing it to be. It's kind of like, there has to be chaos, there has to be pain, there has to be suffering, there has to be grief, because if you don't have pain, you don't know what healing feels like if you don't have And that's the whole point of the adversary, like Satan is always doing God's will, or the adversary is always doing God's will, because yeah, you know, essentially Satan is the great greatest teacher, because if we didn't have that negative shit, that darkness and those horrific things, then we wouldn't experience the the opposite of that, you know, which is love and light and you know, all the positive things So those are a couple of thoughts that I have, and I don't know if I've quite formulated my thoughts, but there you go.
Speaker 1: I hear you one hundred percent. And also, I don't believe that it's God letting things happen. People are acting on their own free will one hundred percent. And yes, whether that is a part of determinism and it's not a pretty part of it, I agree with you that there has to be harmony. And for every absolute evil, there is an absolute good, and there's areas of gray and levels to that on all sides of it. I don't believe that like Raven just put in a horrible, horrible thing that took place, and I would say that is one hundred percent true evil, right with you, one hundred percent. But it's not God letting the true evil exist. It's not like it because that was my big thing too. If God is all good and all powerful, how could he let so much bad things happen on earth. That's not exactly a fair context to put it in. It's not God letting it happen. It's kim giving humans free will and people acting on the free will to do horrible things. Now, yes, could he fix it on a second with the snap of his fingers? Of course, will he know, because that's not how this goes. And unfortunately a lot of really good people suffer in the worst ways possible because of it. But it's not God's. It's not us blaming God for it. We should be blaming the true evil and the ones committing these horrible acts. So at least that's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 5: Well, God does. He does let bad things happen, and I don't think there's any way to escape that, because he could micromanage the universe and just prevent every little bad thing from happening, if you want to do like you were saying. But he doesn't, so that is, by definition, letting it happen. I don't think he scripts all the bad things. I don't think that all of history has been written and all the future has been written, and that it's all going to unfold a certain predetermined way. And that's that's why I'm not a determinist. But one last thing is that one way determinists will get around this is by arguing that everything that happens is actually good. So even that horrible crime where you know a girl gets raped in her throat slip for example. Oh well, somehow everything that happens is good, and I'm just not on board with that. But this is just people have to People have to find some way to rationalize. There are religious dogmas, I think, and I.
Speaker 1: Find evil though that that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Well people do and well, I don't know, but people grappled with this with lots of horrible events. I think the Holocaust is probably the biggest one. It's like, why did God let that happen? Well, yeah, you can't argue that he didn't let it happen, because he did let it happen. It's just the result of people making bad decisions. People made it happen. God didn't make it happen, but he let it happen.
Speaker 1: Right, right, And I mean, now that's a whole other example as well, right, because if we didn't have the Holocaust, and the nation of Israel would have never been founded. And I'm not saying I wouldn't exist.
Speaker 5: Sorry, if I.
Speaker 3: Said I don't know, I said I don't know if I can.
Speaker 7: Fully believe or I completely agree with that statement that if not for the Holocaust, that the state of Vision would have happened.
Speaker 13: Obviously that's the that's the way that it's happened because of what happened. But I think that was meant to come into fruition regardless. If it wouldn't have been this, there would have been another reason.
Speaker 1: I don't see it happening from a good place though, like it was. Again, this is not me trying to take like Tony said, I'm not trying to say, well, everything that happens has to be a all ill good No, that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that that example, like the reason why the entire world basically told the Palestinians, hey the Jews live here, now deal with it, was because they literally just survived a holocaust, and like whatever argument they were about to say was invalid.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I think the only thing I'm trying to say is that it would have happened regardless that that's how we know it in our.
Speaker 3: Reality, because that's what has happened. If not for that, it would have happened another way. Because so.
Speaker 15: I think part of the prophecy is that there was going to be Atlanta Israel again, So like it was already a part of our prophecy. So regardless of how that came into truition, it was going to happen regardless.
Speaker 3: I think that's all all that I read to say.
Speaker 14: So if what what, what could have happened had the Holocaust happened?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 3: So that was my that was my only point with it, and that's fair.
Speaker 1: I mean geopolitically, there was conversations about moving the Jews to an area in that region of the world before the Holocaust happened. So I might be completely talking out of my ass on that point. I don't know, But yeah, to your point, Tony, no, I don't believe that everything, even the pure evil in the world that's happening, has to be done in and all out good because it was all a part. Like No, I think that's that's not even a cop out at that point, that's just sticking your head in the sand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really appreciate everyone's opinion on this. This is something that's been debated since before Jesus was around.
Speaker 3: I'm immoral.
Speaker 7: It's it's a big it's a big paradox a he it's a huge paradox, Like the whole idea about free will and do we have do we have free will, and how and how does it work?
Speaker 14: The only thing that I have to I guess comment on is as we were talking, I was looking up.
Speaker 7: This whole idea and one of the things that said, just a small paradraph, said God is be on time for him.
Speaker 3: All has already occurred. His knowledge of the future is similar to our knowledge of the present.
Speaker 7: That knowledge is not a cause to our deeds, but an outcome.
Speaker 3: So too, God cannot help help be responsible.
Speaker 9: For our misdeeds simply because he knew them beforehand. But it is a it's it is a paradox has been going on for thousands of years, and plenty of theologians and philosophers have tried.
Speaker 16: To discuss this whole matter, So it's definitely something to think about that at the very least, it could potentially bring us closer to our own in faith, because we're.
Speaker 14: Trying to understand and try to justify what's going on to our own capacity, whether that's everything is for the good or it happened because God willed it. You know, I think that's us putting our own understanding in this situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of us trying to put God and his plan or his will or any of this into a box. And I don't think this is something that can fit into a box that humans can put it into. But this is in fact the place you have these conversations, and I agree. I appreciate everybody for chiming in on this. Although as I'm looking as I'm looking at who all is in attendance tonight, So a trans a Jew, a Catholic, a Pagan, and a Mountain Jew, I mean former Mormon walk into a bar and this is what the conversation leads to. I absolutely love that this is the group that we have come to with the Cajun Night Live. Y'all. Y'all have no idea. I was hoping that eventually the conversations would go more philosophical, and yeah, we do talk geopolitics, and yes we talk environmental and all these things, but these are like really amazing conversations and I mean, this is great content. So I appreciate everybody for chiming in on this one. So for anybody who would like to join in on the Cajun Night Live next week, again, please come check out Cajun Night on Patreon. Link is in the description below. And again, y'all, I appreciate everybody for jumping in on this one, and I hope to see more people in these conversations in the future. And if we do want to dive further into this conversation next week, please do, please do. I want to have it all the way through all of the depths and all of the ugly bits like this is amazing and I think that, if anything, this might be how true growth can happen. Having uncomfortable conversations in US, combining forces and sharing ideas. This is how true philosophy goes down. So again, thank you everybody for coming out and to everybody listening. As always, God bless