Speaker 1: This is the in This League Fantasy podcast network, in This League Fantasy Baseball podcast online at in this League dot com. Now here's your host, Bogman and the Welsh.
Speaker 2: What's up, Frendozo, Welcome into the ind This League Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I am the Welsh, that is the Bogman, and this is in this League MLB Trade Deadline. We're actually live live special in the YouTube, which we do not utilize enough because we are just just bad people, bad friends, whatever you want to call it. But we are live on the YouTube hanging out. We got the Patreon people hanging out here, just live on the YouTube in general where we are going to be breaking down some of the trade deadline. We are live for people to drop any reactions things we can react to. There's so much, so many activities, so many things to get into. But before we do, we want to remind that, you know, there are some people that are above others. Those are the people that are part of the il Patreon, like Kyle here, like Kyle and Clint who are in the chat right now. Don't want to say they're better than you, but they are part of the Patreon and they signed up it. In this league dot com where you can do the same thing in this league dot com in this league dot com where top five hundred prospects lived, top four hundred in dynasty, got first year player and a bunch of other stuff. The group me rooms where people are hanging. Come and join up today. Support you boys at in this league dot com. In this league dot com means the world. We appreciate you. We are here to be talking about all the trades. There were a ton of them, of course, none bigger to start the show than the Diamondbacks acquiring Lars new Bar at the very deadline. Uh the newt finally as a Diamondback, my guy, Lars Newpar. I mean the Diamondbacks. Sure they had needs closer, middle relief, starting pitcher, first base, maybe backup catcher, but they went and got the thing that they really needed. That was large new Bar. They got another left handed outfielder. The most important thing you could do is make sure you have all the left handed bats. But they did go and get Lars new Bar. Maybe not the biggest trade, maybe not the most important or impactful, but fun fact, he did trademark his name for a protein bar, So maybe we'll get that out here. In Arizona.
Speaker 3: Bugs, can't wait, can't wait to have Lars new Bars out there. Can this dude not play first base at all? Has he never played first I.
Speaker 2: Don't think he's ever played first base. Can we try Ryan Walschmidt at first base? Or anybody ever? Not hurt? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, can can you play it first with a broken arm or a bad hamstring?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But look at this profile. Look at this so you got fifty one percent hard to hit. He's not chasing, he's not whiffing. He's only expected to forty two. And he hasn't really hit any homers or done anything else to speak of. But he is large new Bar bugs, yep, one of your favorite players. So there we go. We got him so happy.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy that they turned the Gambo just into a propaganda machine, just like well, you know, the DBAC see it as they're getting their guys back from the IL, and that's now it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I hate that more than anything that exists out there. It feels like it's a Diamondback specific thing. I told the story they did that with the Suns when I used to work at the radio station and the reason I hate it is, you know, there's someone in the front office that's going and they're selling these guys. You're like, well, you know, we don't have to trade anything to get Corbin Burns back. We didn't have to make any moves to get Justin Martinez. Like yeah, okay, but they're all injured, they're all hurt, and things stink. Like I hate that as a reason to not make moves, And frankly, that might be the narrative with some other teams. Because there were fifty trades that happened just today, I don't I mean, there were a billion trades that happened. There probably was the deadline where there were more. I wouldn't be able to tell you which one it was. There were so many trades it was ridiculous, and you know, so much we're gonna have to try to decipher through in a short amount of time. But there were still some teams that, like surprisingly didn't make the moves when it seemed like there were quite a few players that were available out there. I mean, I know, like there were only so many teams that were selling, and then there were some teams that were doing like weird stuff like the Blue Jays go and trade Gossman, but then they buy Jose Soriano. Like there's weird stuff. But like, I don't think there's any way to walk away and not look at the Brewers and say, this is a disappointment. They didn't go and make the move. So look at the Atlanta Braves and say, oh, Tyler Molly that that was the big thing that we were gonna do. Like, I think those two teams really really kind of failed on that side. I thought that was a pretty big disappointment.
Speaker 3: I agree with that there were plenty of teams that could have pushed the chips in. I mean, you can, we can go all the way back to you know, two months ago when Trek Scooble was traded, which was you know, actually like three days ago. But uh, you know, no one offered more than this for the best left handed pitcher in baseball right now, Like, I don't stand.
Speaker 2: Did I tell you the story that I tell I think I might have totally done leading off, But I was on CBS Sports HQ Live. Uh well it wasn't live at the time. We were pre recording a segment, and I had like all my stuff and all these notes and whatever, and I think we were talking about, like, you know, the whole Reds calling the Red Sox about Ellie and all this nonsense. We're halfway through the segment. It's a great segment. It's going well, and then I'm in middle of talking and then I hear we'll just go trade. We gotta shop, we gotta shop, and I'm like, and I just do this, and then the then the guy who's the the host kind of keeps going and he goes, no, no, just stop TERI school, but we're catting everything. We're going live, and then I'm just standing there and I'm like, hands are up. I'm like, huh. Thirty seconds later, we go live on CBS Sports HQ for the Schooble breakdown. Luckily I was nice and prepared and everything like that. But it was a fifteen minute long segment on Trek's Goooble on CBS Sports HQ, and that was my introduction introduction to it because I was like recording a show as he got traded, and there was a lot of bruhaha about it. I feel weird about spending any crazy amount of time on the trades that happened over this weekend, but they did happen. The trade was still a good trade. I got pushed back from people online. There were people that are very pissy about it. Oh, what are you talking about? They should have got more, they should have got Well, guess what, no team offered more. And I agree with schoobl statements. I agree with a multitude of other people that go listen, that trade wasn't a Dodgers have all the money in the world trade. That was the Dodgers have no fear and built a system to be able to make a move like this. Schooble wasn't expensive. Had nothing to do with money. Nine million dollars or whatever. The rest of the year, that's nothing, Burger. This was this, This was everything else. This is this team built a ridiculously great minor league system. They had developed these players, they had a roster, they had flexibility, and they're willing to go balls out for it.
Speaker 3: Please stop making us defend the Dodgers, all right, But.
Speaker 2: Every other team was not willing to do that for whatever varying degree. And the rumor or the word on the street was is the Tigers called the Dodgers right after that loss and said, we just want to be done with this because I think all the trade offers were just clearly not there. And zire Hope is a great get, River Ryan is a solid get. They're not. This isn't the greatest trade for a long time. People are expecting the return for what Juan Soto got, but this is a two month rental. This is the best prospect that was traded with Zaire Hope, and I me and Rico got into know if you saw this, not got into it, but like he was following the whole baseball Baseball America was touting because they had argent Nemala higher that they they could then spend. Then a narrative could be spun that the Angels got more for Soriano than the Tigers got for scoopl A. I think that's false, and I think that's real baseball. Like positionally, shortstops are just rated better because they can move around and blah blah blah. Yeah, but also be like no, and see it was a rental versus a guy with two years of control, so it was silly. It was a fine return, probably near the best of what they've could have got. And the Dodgers made the move, and now Scoobl's on a freaking super team and he's gonna dude's gonna ball out. I mean, you know, like like look at this thing, like, look look at that, Look at all that it's nasty. Look at this Dodger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but I mean the people that say, hey, look, the Dodgers aren't ruining baseball.
Speaker 2: It's every it's the team's not spending, they are right. You know.
Speaker 3: That's why our boy Barbari sent me this shirt a long time ago, the Cell shirt for the A's owners.
Speaker 2: Right. Uh.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Pirates made some moves, but the Marlins cut payroll, the Rockies didn't trade guys like that. There are plenty of teams that could have pushed a little bit more. Seattle couldn't have got this done for Schooble, like they don't need pitching, but they could have got it done, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They only wanted to make this happen. Right, Well, so you do get into like what the teams have. What I thought was interesting was the I don't know if you saw the Phillies offer was gage wood justin Crawford and something else. And I was like, you know, pretty good, that's actually pretty strong. I still don't know if it's higher then, because like Hope is close to the major leagues. I mean, Crawford is a major leaguer, but I think his offensive profiles down gauge wood could be better than River Ryan. But River Ryan stuff plus numbers I mentioned on leading off one o one stuff plus I believe his sinker was a one to twelve stuff, plus his curve and fastball were one o eight and one oh nine. So like he's a good stuff plus monster. He just needs to get healthy. He could be a mid rotation piece, but I would agree that's still not there. And then every other offer wasn't there, Like the Brewers didn't want to give up Logan Henderson or Luis paynyet. Okay, then you're not competitive. The Braves, I'm not sure they had the pieces to do it just and the Rays never do. Nobody ponied up. No one was willing to pony up for it, And I think that's that's the du It's kind of the dumb side of it. If the Red Sox wanted Schooble, I mean, do you really want to trade Franklin Argius for a rental?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But again, the Dodgers had the ability to do it because I hope would be a number one in so many other systems, but he was like the fifth in there. So they have like literally two other outfielders ranked higher. And you could argue James Tibbs. So school's gonna absolutely dominate from uh for this Dodgers team. And I don't know if you heard me mention this before, but I think this could, like in the babyest of ways, maybe speak to the Dodgers having like maybe a little bit more concerned about Otani's leg and him being pitched in the regular season. Could definitely could be.
Speaker 3: But the price wasn't exorbitan, so I think even if Sho Hay was pitching, uh, they probably wouldn't care.
Speaker 2: But that that begs the question here.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I don't think show Hay's pitching again until maybe the playoffs, right, Like, if he does, it's gonna be for like an inning to win.
Speaker 2: I think it's in like September. I think it'll be like two or three outings a little stretch in September.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just warm him up for the playoffs to pitch. And even then, in my be uh, you know, more as an opener and stuff in the playoffs if he pitches like two or three innings, but who else? Like, okay, so Snell comes back, show Hey comes back. What does this rotation look like? Sheahann just immediately goes to the bolt. Oh yeah, he goes Japan. Roki, I think could go. Robleski's the one I don't think you can take out.
Speaker 2: So I think if Otani's not in there, it's it's Yamamoto, Scooble, Glass, Now, Snell, and Robleski. That's the five. Still working on the way back to if you would like to have a six man rotation, you could put Roky in there. If if Glass now is like really halted back, then Roki can be in that side of the rotation and you got just all the flexibility in the world. All that actually matters here is when you put out Yamamoto, sale In, Schooble like I'm sorry, Sale, Snell, Snell, and Schooble like that three is just ridiculous. Then whatever ordering of other pitchers you want to do, it's you know, the they're the new Evil Empire, man, they made it happen.
Speaker 3: Who are the starters for the Tigers now? So it's from ber Melton Kider Montero, but they traded Maze of the Padres Clarity. Okay, well Flarity's on the il right now, but he'll be coming back.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's Jackson. Joe would be a guy that comes up that's like the n likely You're right, that's probably Clarity and Joe were also coming back to I don't know what, all right, So let's get through there's I'm gonna talk about some of the early trades that happened, and then we're gonna focus in that last run. I did do a live breakdown if you want other perspectives with Joe Rico on Fantasy Pros. This is gonna be kind of a lot more. I don't even see this down on the farm said she han't got options, so dull get him that he's been awful. Yeah, crush of the night. These are kind of buckets that we're going to go in. So this is gonna be like fully trade deadline conversation here.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I will also mention if you guys want a full breakdown of the Prospects, I'm going to do a Prospects only episode on Prospect one of the guys that were traded, so you know when the school trade comes up, it's gonna be talking more about Hope and River Ryan than it is Schooble and the Cardinals got they fleeced the Brewers in the dustin May. Trade is ridiculous. So if you want to hear my takes on that, I got Tim Kanak joining me. We're gonna do that. That'll be posted on Tuesday. I'm gonna be recording that after a little bit after this show. So we'll be doing sole prospects here, but we're gonna do these in little tier groups so that the early trades when we go through here, you had Louis Garcia going to the Yankees. Not really a big haul. I'd love him in the ballpark, but rotation bogs. It looks like he'll be strong siding old, he'll be short side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, platoon kind of disappointed. We didn't see maybe goal to get out of New York for playing time. But you know, good good bench off the back, good bench against lefty or a good hitter against lefty, so why would they? But yeah, I think this definitely hurts Garcia.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping let's take a look at Luis Garcia because I think there's the potential that he could be a guy that could stay. How has he hit lefties this year? Let's see he is, oh man, he's barely played. I didn't realize that. Fifty five at bats versus lefties, he's hitting only two eighteen, low strikeout rate, he's not walking, he's got a couple homers. I don't know. I just don't know if if like they're gonna look at this, I mean, also look at the crazy pull heavy side on the spray chart. He I mean, which is gonna be great in New York. But between and and they and I guess Ben Rice is not gonna probably play catcher, So it's gonna be like those two platooning and by the way, the other since we're here, the Yankees also acquired today Halio Ramos, which I thought was a great addition. But does he get into platoon situation when they've got freaking Stanton coming back, They've got Jason Dimingez, they probably optioned Spencer, Spencer Jones, Aaron Judge is gonna come back. I do a little bit worry because I think Garcia and Helio are both pluses in this spot. But then they come back down if they're into platoons. We only do really know that Luis looks like he's going to be in a form of a platoon, So that's kind of a that's kind of a drag man.
Speaker 3: Who have they pushed off the roster by adding these guys? Do we have corresponding moves yet? Like I haven't sn.
Speaker 2: Is Well, the bualty wouldn't be gone because Garcia is going to play first base, so he can play first or second, So that'll have nothing to do with unless they just wanted to make a full commitment to cabayerro it's short. Yeah, I don't know. Spencer Jones, I imagine will be the number one he goes for Hellia. I'm not one hundred percent sure I have I have not paid attention to what I would assume.
Speaker 3: Maybe Domingos goes back down when Judge comes back to so like it'll look different for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna look weird, but uh, from plus to you know, I don't know if there's a lot of big It's one of those where it's just like I want to tell you this is awesome, but I'm a little bit worried the platoon's going to take off a little bit we had a couple of pitching moves, quite a few pitching moves. Luis Castillo went to the White Sox for Nolan Jones, Sar Anthony Dimingez in Boston Smith, Freddie Praulta went to the Rays for a collection of prop and Kevin Gossman went to the Cubs. These were some earlier trades between I believe. I actually think Castillo might have been Saturday night if I remember, and then between that time in this morning, Kevin, Gosmin Peralta and Luis Castillo. Who do you like most making that change? Like which picture are you buying in on their new destination?
Speaker 3: Probably Gossplin, just because Castillo and Freddy have had issues this year, right, So I like Gosmin going to the Cubs. I know the ballparks a little worse, but Toronto's not a great pitching environment either. I like these guys getting to new situations because they've struggled in Luis Casillo and Freddie Peralta. But I don't know, are we really convinced that Freddy Peralta is just going to be a much better pitcher going to the Rays. Maybe they think they know what the issue is. Same thing with Luis Castillo. Luis Casillo had a couple good starts going into like the trade deadline, so you know, nice for him, so he doesn't get involved in the weirdness that is right and what they're gonna do and that whole weird piggyback thing that they were doing. I think that's over with at this point, but I like it for all of them, but Gosmin is still my favorite out of this group.
Speaker 2: I think Gosmin's kind of a no brainer, like there could be some homer and suppression when the wins are pushing in, they're you know, kind of pushing their chips, and I think that one's a good one. Parlta is just speculative. I mean, I think it was Brasdowski LANs Brosdowski was talking about how he thinks they're gonna instantly make some changes, maybe throwing more change ups on the inside for like right handed hitters. That might make the stuff overall better. Maybe that gets like a slider going a little bit more. Luis Castillo, they had some he had a really good like last outing. I think they have some optimism that he's gonna be able to go deeper into games. Who changed. I will say this from changing your fantasy value. I think Paralta's maybe got one of the best abilities, because I'm not sure Castillo gets any better. But if Paralta changes and bounces back, there's a really good defense, a ton of a ton of offensive support there. They find a change or too. I think he could be a complete fantasy turnaround. But I think Gosman is like I would rank.
Speaker 3: I would Gosman is the highest floor by a lot, right, so, and then I would also order them freddie and then Luis Castillo all.
Speaker 2: Right, the other two Again, this is the kind of early bucket we had Luisa Rise getting traded to the Phillies for Caleb Killing and Caleb Kelly and traded to the Phillies for Ramal Marquez is an interesting young prospect. And then Joe Adell traded to the Guardians. I think those both are interesting in different ways. I think Luis Garcia to me is kind of a prime Maybe move them spot, maybe he'll be better in Philly. He's had some decent value. But I really like Jo Adell going to the Guardians. There's just a ton of like high batting average guys around him. I think there could really be the potential for a lot more RBIs And I don't know, I just think this is like a really decent spot. Maybe they can even fix some of that contact a little bit, But I think this is the perfect type of need that this team had. So I'm kind of a sell on Luisa Rise at this moment where I'm totally having Adele going to Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a Rise is weird because like, didn't he say he doesn't want to play second.
Speaker 2: No, he says he'll only play second. Oh okay, I was flipping it in Yeah, you flipped it, yeah, because they said the word is is Bryson Scott will play third. Yeah, he's going to first. And then Bryce Harper's now moving to the outfield. Yeah, which I think that's great for his fantasy value if he's gonna get some more outfield eligibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean doesn't Hurt will absolutely take it. There's plenty of first basement, so I'd rather get another valuable outfielder, So I like that for Harper's future value here. So yeah, I think this trade really good for a Rise then. So yeah, these are great and Joe Adell with some more power in Cleveland. I mean, is that gonna get Is that gonna get weird of platoony with their outfield in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna get platoony. I mean, what do you think is gonna get platooned here? You've got the laughter, You've got maybe Kwan that's it, you know, like on how Martinez gonna be a fourth outfielder. I just don't think there's any reason they don't have. He's the number one home run hitter going to this team, hitting two thirty nine. His XBA is twenty spots higher. Ben Barreling been getting the ball out of the field really pull heavy. Though this park is better hitting as a left handed hitter. But I want to take a look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess somebody just gets pushed off the roster here because they added Nate Low right, and then you have at first you have Manzardo Low and Hoskins, which is weird, David Fry in there, some mix of the util as well, and so the outfield gets real crowded, real fast. So because Delatta right now is the ching, but I would I would assume he goes back to the outfield if they're gonna, you know, platoon one of these power hitting first basemen. So that does that does just get I don't know, just gets a little weirder, that's all.
Speaker 2: So I pulled up ballpark factors with the rolling average over the last three years, and Cleveland's about dead middle here. But and this is gonna also you know, probably have some actual home run factors. They are fifth worst for homers, but they also just don't get a lot of homers for right handed hitters, right. But it's also just considering the overall ballpark factor when you take in the Angels were ninth best from a home run perspective, and then if you do overall ballpark factors, which probably a little bit more important, they actually were pretty close. They're relatively you know, close on that if you if you care about that stuff. For Joe Adell so, I think it's just a good spot for him, a winning place with you know, a guy like Hosey Ramirez hitting around him, just a lot more contact potential that I think he hits.
Speaker 3: They have roster resource has him at seven. No, I was gonna say five with then what's the line up? Then Kwan Ramirez the latter Bozana and then Manzarno. They have at five, but they have them platuning, you know, and switching in between him and Hoskins, and they added Low, So.
Speaker 2: No, I like Bazana hitting four, but he's a lefty, and then going to Adel at five. I think that makes sense, and then you could have Low hitting six or mis Man's art at what's that?
Speaker 3: I think I just have everybody moved down a spot here, like I probably hit Hose three, but they like him higher. They just need yeah, so I think they have him at seven here. I think between five and seven is probably somewhere because I don't think he is buying brocchio.
Speaker 2: Uh. And then they're platooning center field and catchers. So I would be shocked if he's not hitting five. If I'm being honest with you, like six at worst. Like if he was hitting seven or eight, that would be sing.
Speaker 3: It depends on how streaky is because he's super streaky, so you know, if he's hitting well, he'll probably hit high. And if he's in a slump, he's going to hit down at seven probably, but I think seven is the worst he could hit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the next bucket, So we're gonna go to this next bucket. These were four trades that happened today that I think have there. They're not quite as big name. There's one that is a big name, but these were kind of the later trades in here. I wanted to talk about out Adli Ruchman. The Adli Ruchmand trade that seemed like a pretty dang big one. There's a lot of prospects side to talk about it. He was traded to the Boston Red Sox for five players three prospects, three of which are all in the top five according to Pipeline. Anthony Adson and Kyson Witherspoon shocked me. Also Indy Azacar. They also traded Carlos Novarees, which was very surprising. And then it's a player to be named later. All for Adli Ruchman. Reuchman has not even been close to himself. He does have another year of eligibility, though I think that's probably key. He does look like you can see here as where as I've got this up from a profile perspective, I mean, the bat seems to be kind of coming back along a little bit. His heart hit rate is the highest of his career, his strikeout rates the lowest of his career. His XBA to seventy four. That's about twenty five spots higher. He's barreling, he's got the launch angle up, he's trying to pull the ball, and now you're going to go into an environment in Boston, which I mean, let's look at ballpark factors here if I can get back to that for left handed well, I guess he's because he's a switch hitter, so I guess he could go on both sides of that. So if you look at overall ballpark factor, Baltimore is four and Boston is actually five. But what you can see here is the distribution of homers. For oh that's really interesting though. Look at this, Baltimore is one. Oh no, no, oh yeah, this is both let me do, let me do individual So for right handed hitters, let's see Baltimore is a ninety nine, so they are going to be bottom where the hell are They're like middle of the pack, They're like sixteen, and Boston is actually twenty three. So for right handed hitters, that looks a little bit worse from a home run perspective. For left handed hitters, Boston, Baltimore is actually number four because that's where they really strive, and Boston number seven, So it's kind of similar, I guess similar from a from a ballpark factor if you care about that. But he's going to be hitting between like Sadanna and will You or bray You, and I think, just like I guess from a both perspective, didn't it? Didn't it favor Baltimore a little bit? I don't know. I kind of like Boston, but they're next to each other, so overall factor solid, I like where I like the landing spot. They get a extra year of control on him. I just like him in Boston a whole lot. I think he can be a top ten catcher rest of the way. But do you have any thoughts on how much longer is he's on the IL right now? Right? I don't believe.
Speaker 3: So you know he's on the IL wrisk inflammation, it says here on Russ' resource. So I wonder where he's gonna hit when he comes back, or if he just comes back tomorrow whatever they activate him. Uh, I'm I'm assuming six is Anthony Siegeler. Really you're starting second basement for the Red Sox now, yeah, I mean I'm assuming him in Soguard Yeah, okay, Yeah, I mean I like him moving Boston Boston, I think is you know, just get him out of Baltimore. Whatever was happening there was not working this season. Uh don't doesn't have enormous splits from what I was seeing. Uh, lefty verse righty is fine. So I think he's gonna be okay there. Did he have a big like was he hitting at like crap at home or anything?
Speaker 2: Here? I can away. I can pull it up because it's on screen splits.
Speaker 3: He was at home twenty nine away so but still good ballpacked ballpark factors as you mentioned. So yeah, I just like him getting out of Baltimore. It felt like stuff was weird there for him.
Speaker 2: So I actually think it'd be really interesting to hit. I mean, he has thrived if you look here hitting two ninety six in the five hole, but I think he'd be like two or three would be really great, have like Sadanna hitting right around him, and like I said Willyard before, like I'd like I'd love to see that Wilson Contreras maybe hits four or five when healthy. So I just think this is a this is a pretty it is a pretty good destination. I'm kind of down for this trade. The big pictures that were traded. Robbie Ray was traded to San Diego. Also Casey Myies were going to add that in those were two big trades. Jose Soriano was traded to the Blue Jays, that was Argentomala trade, and Foster Griffin was traded to the Guardians. The biggest return was actually Casey Mize. Casey Mize ended up netting really shocked to me, netted Cash Mayfield, which that is a big return. That was the number one picture, probably the number one prospect in the Padre system, and they traded it for Casey Myies, who does have I believe one more year of control after this. It's a two seventy average nine to nine whip this year. His expected here was great. He was giving up less barreled contact twenty five percent k percentage, and I think the Casey my side, the Diamondbacks were heavily rumored around him, but they clearly were not able to do it because if you're giving no one was giving up a cash Mayfield for that. That's a huge git. And Preller does that, but probably did a good job getting two rotation pieces to add to a team that desperately needed. If they're going to compete, and Casey Mike has had some homer issues before that looks like it could be mitigated in San Diego. It's super hitter friendly. Also, Robbie Ray, even though he has a couple of those like weird like moments, you know, where things can kind of fall apart, he's just been consistently good. He's got a three point zero eight ERA expected is over four. His walks and strikeouts don't match up well, but he's going from a hitter friend the environment to another hitter frien the environment. So I thought these were super impressive. I think Casey Miz and Robbie Ray are in the upper tier of like fantasy value. But I'm more excited about Casey Mice now in San Diego.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you mentioned, just cutting the Homers down by going to San Diego is huge and obviously a good get for the Tigers. So I really like that deal. You know, Jose Soriano the Blue Jays, I don't know. You know, it was like the first six weeks, seven weeks, Jose Soreano was just cruising and then he kind of hit a brick wall.
Speaker 2: So Pilo Garbage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was surprised on the return that they got back for them, And I was also surprised away, like you got Argentimala back for Jose Soriano.
Speaker 2: I was just surprised by that, like and what I am still like what like like that that was a great return or a bad return?
Speaker 3: Bad return or good return for the Angels, Like I just okay, yeah, I thought Soriano was going to be traded for less because look at the hall for Foster Griffin. I mean, I don't know these guys as well as you do, but uh, it felt like the Foster Griffin trade was a little light.
Speaker 2: I don't know, the Foster Griffin one was totally like no, see, I think the Soriano one makes sense because Soriano has a couple of years of control, has high strikeouts but bad walk issues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you can trade him out, great, but he is like it's it was a six week stretch only for Sorio.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, I totally agree, but yeah, yeah. An interesting note again, this is Lance who always talks about I think this is Lance had said that Mike Maddocks specifically has this ability where he wants players that there are a lot of forcing fastballs that will probably decrease in Toronto. They will want him to change that. And I was just as a test case, Like look at Dylan Cees. Dylan Seze was a similar pitcher high K's High Walks. Was able to find it. Maybe they can go the similar route and they're going to change his pitch mix a little bit. I might be interested in Sorano next year. I actually think that one is kind of similar in that, like it's a it's a good trade overall. They got like a really good young shortstop to build around. Maybe it enables him to trade as z Achnetto in the off season, and they gave away a controllable piece for Toronto for the future. It just it felt weird in general because they traded Kevin Gosman, So I was like, what, like why are you trading Kevin Gosman. But the Foster Griffin one, that's the one I actually couldn't come to terms with, to be honest with you, he is a rental. So he is a rental. But like I guess I'm looking. I sometimes had that diamondback lends on. I'm so impressed with Foster Griffin three point zero six ERA one point zero seven Whip this year. I don't think the k's tell the best story, but twenty two p k percentage, five percent walk rate, and I thought the pitch mix has been really fascinating. You can see he's throwing like seven different pitches. None of the top four have like an over two thirty batting average against their's strong whiffs. He's just said, yeah, you mentioned this. Going over and playing wherever it was career or Japan, he had like built up, you know, lots more shapes and having more pitches. You had to be a lot more of a of a movement pitcher to get strikeouts. I look at the return and I'm like, the Diamondbacks couldn't have offered something like that, Like this isn't anything that impressive. The Diamondbacks traded Daniel Egan and a player to be named for large noopart like we couldn't have pulled out like maybe a low end minded leaguer and two pitchers to do. I thought the return for Foster Griffin even in that is it a true rental? Is he a full on free agent next year? Yeah? Free. I just thought that would have been a really good guy to go and go after. And that's why I really think the Guardians had a the great trade deadline. I loved the idea of getting a Dell, and I love the idea of them going out and picking up Foster Griffin to put in that rotation with freaking Gavin Williams, who, by the way, five straight games outings with ten strikeouts or more. That's insane, Like this is the perfect type of pitcher to get, So the guard The Guardians made these moves that seem kind of like weird and off, but they totally work for the team context. Yeah, I did that.
Speaker 3: You're right, and they're in the last wildcard spot right now, so you know, got to turn it on. They're still in the fight for the division, right they're not that far behind the White Sox, but I think the Nationals a week ago off the division. Uh no, the White Sox too. Uh the Guards are the Guards are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right there, three games back from the White Sox right now.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a lot of teams in the wildcard hunt here for the al two. The Twins are a game behind, the Rangers a game and a half, Mariners too, Orioles two and a half, Tigers two and a half, A bunch of these teams all just sold off by I was all surprised that Rangers didn't do much. But yeah, the Nationals they've lost five strade. I don't know if a week ago they're doing these trades to sell because they were, you know, right up in a wildcard spot. And now the four and a half back after dropping five straight. So I get good on Cleveland for going after Foster Griffin. I think that's a nice move for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too. I really like that move, and that was specifically. I think the story on TO one happened a little bit earlier, but Rutchman, Robbie Ray, Connor Griff and Casey Maiz that all happened. Those were kind of the big if I used leading off as like a timeline, that was like the big from leading off until the trade deadland the five hours, those were like the big names that were moved. But there were a lot of other moves. So going down into this next bucket, you had Liam Hicks and I'm gonna just make like little stops at some of these trades. Liam Hicks was traded to the Rays for a couple of minor leaguers. Marcelo Mayer was traded to the Giants for Eric Miller. That one was one of the shocks. I gotta be honest with you. We'll talk about that in a second. Where did I go here? Lars Nubar has mentioned was traded to our d Backs for Daniel Egan. There was Ruben Santana. Was it Sandro Santana? I thought it was Ruben Santana I saw and a player to be named later.
Speaker 3: I saw Ruben Santana first, and then I saw Sandro Santana.
Speaker 2: I don't even know Sandra Santana is, but it would make sense they'd want another picture. Dalton Varsha was traded to the Astros and the Blue Jays got Spencer Arraghetti. That's actually a really good price for a rental. And then Taylor Ward was traded to Seattle for a handful of like you know, bullpen relief pictures. That that was the theme, by the way. It was just these like bullpenn future arms that every team was trading for their minor league system. Teams are just looking for depth, for guys that could potentially get out there soon. But let's start with the mayor thing. I am. Regardless of how unsuccessful Marcella mayor has been, which it is not hard to argue that he has been very successful to twenty eight last year to twenty this year. The profile looks bad, really good bad speed. But I mean, look at everything else, just if you want to savaunt it for a second, crappy barrel, crappy hard hit expected is worse. He's not slugging the ball, you know. I mean, I guess there's like some decent like he doesn't k and he walks a little bit, but I mean he couldn't pull the ball in the air nine point eight percent. That sucked. I'm gonna guess his own contact. I mean it was right in. It was a little above average eighty five point two, but he wasn't doing anything with it. There was no quality of contact. I think that's the point. But he's twenty three years old and they gave up on him. And I said this on the live stream, and I'll just throw this to you, man, it's not apples to apples. Well, this feels a little Dansby Swanson for Shelby Miller, like in that they traded Marcela Mayer gave up on him for Eric Miller, who Eric Miller is a solid relief pitcher, But like you Gota, you've got to trade a like long term, twenty three year old shortstop with control for I mean, this is a pretty nice looking profile, So you got to trade Mayor for this for a left handed relief Pittre. It just doesn't add up to me, and I'm worried the Red Sox are going to feel the repercussions of a screw up of a trade long term, definitely.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is one of those trades that you look back in like six years and you're like, can you believe, like, like, didn't Jordan and Alvarez get trade for Josh Fields or something?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a little different because like those guys were, and Danceby was as well. These were like Jordan like low. They were low in the minor league system. The same thing happened in Fernando Tatis junior when he was traded for oh god, who was it, James Shields? No, James Shields. Mayor did make it to the majors and failed, And I think that's kind of leading a little bit to it that he hadn't grown. He had two years of kind of failure where sometimes there's like there's a couple. I don't want to say it's one hundred percent, but there's a couple of players that got traded today that have a little bit of that like vibe of you might regret this in five years that you traded Jonil Hernandez san Diego. You might regret that you traded Alexander Freos Brewers. But this is different because Mayor made it to the majors.
Speaker 3: Would you have felt the same way if the DBAK trade Jordan Lawler for a reliever like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would have. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I think you know, Jordan Lawler has been up and you know, either not had success at the dish or not been able to stay on the field. So I think people are getting frustrated with him too. I think that's kind of what we see with Marcella Mayer here. It's like they just go, Okay, we need a left handed pitcher. This guy's not doing anything for us, so traded it was just twenty three I do. I agree with you. I think it's a short sighted trade, but it's a you know, fix this bullpen, which is the theme of today.
Speaker 2: It's just part of the critical side. It's like, who's the guy that gave the contract extension to Christian Campbell failure. Who are the guys that they trade out, Kyle Harrison succeeding, get rid of Rafael Devers succeeding. You know, it's like there's there's something wrong and this this might be fine. You know, Marcel Mayer may be a huge bust, but he's twenty three year olds and three years old and has what like, let me go back to him, like how many career at bats? Does three hundred and thirty at bats? Like hits half of one full season. They didn't develop him, and that's I think the critical side of what is going on with They did not and they do not develop these guys properly. Everything seems to be jacked up and wired wrong. But they get to make this move in favor of saying, well, we want to win now, and Eric Miller gets to go into a bullpen, which, by the way, I will tell you this, obviously, Mason Miller is the best closer in baseball I have. I don't have a lot of guys. I don't know how you feel about this. I don't know. There's a lot of guys where when you see them come out, you're like list, game's over. Mason Miller has that. I think the Roldest Chapman has that. I see a Roldest Chapman come out and I'm like, game's done. It's over, and there's not that many players out there. And this is the weirdest stat Did you know that Brian Beao was one of the league's worst starting pitchers. I don't have the exact stats. Someone pulled this up. He was statistically one of like the worst. He's been statistically one of the best relievers since moved into a relief role. So now you've got, like, you've got a solid bullpen, and now you just added like this demon of a lefty and Eric Miller who is not gonna get saves, but he gets to go in, you know, with the with Whitlock and the rest of the group. So you've got kind of a monster chap and Whitlock, Miller and Bayo. Now, yeah, you've got a monster bullpen. You've got a really good starting rotation that maybe could get Garrett Crochet back, probably not. And then now you've added Adli Rutchman. Like I see the storyline of kind of what you're doing. It's just it does It's a high cost. I gave up Marcella, Mayer and Conley early, you know, and they have like not much to speak for it. So I think there's a lot of critical side to it. But I agree that the Red Sox they're they're over.
Speaker 3: They're pricing themselves out of a good return by trading these guys right, specifically guys that have a long term Like do they get to keep.
Speaker 2: Eric Miller for a long time? Is he going a long deal? That's a really good question. Are you looking? Yeah, I'm looking. It's twenty thirty, So they get him through twenty twenty nine. Yeah, that that does kind of because he's got some closing ability, Like if they I guess that does change a little bit if they feel that he could be a closer in the future. How many more years of Chapman do they have? You know? A funny thing happen in our our three sport dynasty. It's a sixteen teamer. I'm I'm like with the worst this year. I've had injuries and my team has just constructurally not been really great. But I've got a bunch of big pieces like this or not, I don't think I'm a far off team. I think because I was just winning. Like two years ago, I had four different teams in our league trying to get Chapman all low ball offers, and I decided not to do it because I think Chapman's coming back next year and he's gonna be right back in. He's gonna be one of the best closes in baseball. And everybody wanted me to trade him off because it's like, hey, you just want to you know, you just want to get a piece for Chapman. It's like, I don't think he's retiring next year. I think he's going to be the closer for this team and great again. And if I go down this road, maybe i'll trade him next year. But I'm not trading him for scraps for this season. So that's my approach with it. But long term, Eric Miller might be an option. If Chapman's only got like one more year left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, could turn out to be a good trade. But when you're trading for relievers, so many of them flame out so fast and then your prospect is with somebody else now, So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the other ones like Hicks, I think it's fine. The only problem is Hicks could go into some super rotation with the Rays, but he was kind of just doing a little bit of that. I think New Bar is in a really interesting spot. I mean, I guess they do have like just a lot of like outfielders in generally are taking him space. But I don't think newpar even needs to be I mean, I don't know if you've looked at New Bar's profile lately. I have, Yeah, as I saw you talking about it, pretty two thirty four, but you've got, you know, nine barrel, fifty one percent hard hit rate, average exit velocity. Looks good. He ain't chasing, he ain't with and he's squaring the crap out of the ball and he needs to pull the ball a little bit more. But hopefully this is another one. Let's go look and see if there's any Not that it really matters, but let's see if there's any ballpark factors for this lefty going from Saint Louis to Arizona. So overall ballpark factor Diamondbacks are twelve. Saint Louis was third worst in baseball overall. I'd be the best huge factory there if we look at home run factors. Let's see if there's any difference Diamondbacks tractor. Well, the Cardinals are the worst in Major League Baseball. I didn't realize that Diamondbacks are not that much better. But it's also factored a little bit, a little bit about the roster for the Cardinals too. Yeah, definitely might be. But overallf you just want to look at overall ballpark factors. I mean, Diamondbacks being like middle of the pack and Cardinals being one of the absolute worst is like a you know, higher offensive profile for a guy that is, you know, just he's barreling the craw or he's hitting the crap out of the ball right now really hard. He's gonna get to go play with Corbyn Carroll. And by the way, he has another year of control, which I love if there's baseball. The only thing that's going to suck about that is if I guess, if they hold out the whole season, they haven't registered a full season, so then those guys would be controllable for another season or whatever. But I guess I look at any of these guys that extra year of control and I go oh, And then I go, oh god, I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 3: You know that all those contracts getting pushed back an extra year if there is no baseball.
Speaker 2: But what's even kind of worse though, is imagine if they hold out for like two months and they have a shortened season, Well, then you're only going to get this extra year of a guy in some shortened season. That kind of blows a little bit. Yeah, that but really does. Yeah, but I don't ward, I think is a worse spot. Var shows indifferent I like new bar like Hicks.
Speaker 3: By the way, the Cardinals are twenty fourth in the BIGS and Homers with one hundred and thirteen, t Backs twenty ninth, one hundred and seven only and better ballpark factor overall, so hopefully large dead last and Homer's one hundred and one. Yeah, I mean, if you think about the Yelich hasn't really popped off, like who's the big home run hitter, Cherio doesn't really pop I think they are just a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of like eight of doubles hitters. But yeah, just a bunch of corporate and strike out thirteen with Miserowski A right, yeah, we'll see. But the Diamonbacks didn't you know, they didn't go in after what they needed to do, which was get a first baseman, one of the all time worst of all time, and.
Speaker 3: They got But now Tim Tawa can play first see Wels. It's like getting two guys right, get an outfielder to cover a spot that you need or a DH and then you can move Tim tawater first win, win, double win.
Speaker 2: I would like to see Lordis do some first. I feel like he's done that before, Like just go put lords over at first, do anything to get him some playing time. Then your outfield as what it's Carol, who am I forgetting? It's it's uh Waldschmidt, Carol and Nootbar Like I'd love that you don't get all the rest of the guys to do it, all right, So that's that bucket. The next bucket, there are some hitters. Brittan Doyle went to the White Sox for a couple of prospects. Nate Lowe went to the Guardians. That wasn't much of a trade. Josh Smith went to the Blue Jays. Bo Naylor was traded to the Brewers. And then there were a bunch of other pitching ones in this little bucket. Dustin May was traded to the Brewers. That was a really big I think they also traded you said for Jojo Mera, but I think it's May and Ramero went to the Brewers. So they got some bullpen help and a starting pitcher, but they gave up two sky rockety prospects and Alexander Frias and Josiah Ragsday, which was surprising. Clay Holmes. The Cubs got Clay Holmes and Braxton Garrett. They also got Ryan Zephyr Jan. If you look at Holmes, Garrett and Zephyr Jan, great return. They got rotation they got I think, if you look at it, they actually traded for three new rotation pieces, Holmes, Braxton, and Gossman and then Zephyr Gen could be a closer, but dude, they traded off Mois's Ballastero's Jonathan Long, Jefferson Rojas, and they traded away Mark McGuire's kid and Mason McGuire not much of a thing. But Jonathan Long, Moyes's Ballisterios, and Jefferson Rojas were all seen as pieces that were going to help the Cubs, and they traded them off. For all these pieces, it makes them better, It makes them better. I think this is a plus if play homes can be healthy. I like all these pictures in her Zephyrgen might be a speculative closer option as well, but they definitely traded out a haul.
Speaker 3: I think Polancy is coming back somewhat soon, so it's still gonna be Polancy, I think, as soon as he comes back.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he's healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But but I mean, this bullpen is now much much better. As you mentioned, you don't have to go with Jacob Webber, Trent Thornton closing Noor Thelbar or whoever. You can move Zephyr Jan in there or you and then Polency comes back and the rotation is deep. They've got six guys on here right now, yeah, and Imanaga, Peterson, Colin Ray and Gossman.
Speaker 2: So yeah, No, I think the rotation thing is like that's the game changer for them, Like this makes them more competitive, especially when you take a look at the Brewers, who have obviously been super successful, but they practically made no moves. They did trade for Antonio Sensitel, which does help their bullpen, but very little else you had. Let's see Jeff Hoffman going to the Twins and I guess I forgot about this and I buried this. This belongs in a much higher tier. But maybe the biggest winner I think of the trade deadline was Luke Weaver going to the Pittsburgh Pirates. So this would be to me, this is in the lines of I should have brought this up to the Luisa rise Joydell range because he goes from a setup man in New York and he I believe he's going to be the closer. Arico definitely pushed back, thinking they might still go to Sodo. They did trade for Kirby Yates. This is just the guy they traded a pretty big prospect in Sammy Stuffura, but also he's a knockout guy. Twenty six, twenty seven percent k percentage low walk, Goodie Ray. Here's the only negative, and I talked myself into a box live on that live stream, is that the Pittsburgh Pirates have definitely had spots where they've blown these games. In the seventh or eighth they didn't even get a chance to close it out. Oh so, Fireman, and Luke Weaver is one of the better guys balls be in a Fireman. He did it in New York. I think he's done it with Arizona. He's done it in a lot of different places. And the fireman is the guy that comes in the highest leverage situation. That could be the seventh, eighth, or the ninth. That's where I'm wrong about him being a top ten closer rest of season if that's the case. But I think he's the best reliever in the bullpen. I think he gets the majority of saves and I am buying on him right now, and I think he's one of the biggest winners.
Speaker 3: Well, I think to improve that, which I think, you know is why Luke Weaver is still going to be my biggest riser here. They added Kirby Yates, They added the car as well from the Marlins, So like, I think there's enough and devall they trade four a couple of days ago, they got four bullpen pieces. This is what I said in the chat on leading off. I'm like, we couldn't trade for one of these four dudes.
Speaker 2: Well, the val didn't immediately give up a homer in his first game back, But your point stance, yeah, they went they got four new guys, right, is the any guy would be the closer for the diamondback, Yes, any of them would be.
Speaker 3: And you know, just I think those other three guys de'vall Yates and Bakr will all, you know, keep it so that Luke Weaver doesn't have to have that fireman drop. Now, you know, if the vall gives up another bomb and all of that and he's useless, then sure that they could go back to using Weaver. I if this becomes more of a problem, but I think the idea is.
Speaker 2: Weaver's the closer.
Speaker 3: The rest of these guys figure it out so that they don't have to be fireman that fireman that much.
Speaker 2: They don't want a whole brigade here, the final crew of trades. We've got to Vall into the Pirates has mentioned Jamison Taian to the Blue Jays after he was like Dfaid, Dan Kramer went to the Twins. Some of these were a couple of days ago. Lane Thomas went to the Braves. Is a little bit of help. Chris Mubich went to the Dodgers. That was late in the draft process. Probably gonna be a good bullpen piece. Victor Vadnik to the Marlins could be a closer. Actually, quite a few guys will talk about in a second. They could have closing spots. Hu Oscar Brosa Band went to the White Sox, Brent Sutter was traded to the Braves, by the way for Nacho Alvarez, not Cho Alvarez going to the Angels. Brooks Railey went to the Phillies. I mentioned Sanata Tella. Joey bart was to the White Sox, so they got a little bit more catching help. Tyler Wells to the Rays, Kirby Gates of the Pirates. You mentioned the car and Caleb Ferguson to the Cardinals. I believe that's the majority of the trade deadline moves. Talking about bullpen for a second, Not only do you have Luke Weaver who looks like he can jump in and be a closer right out the gates. Jeff Hoffman was traded to the Twins. He could take over there. Braso band is maybe more of a setup guy, but there's always a potential because they get weird with Grant Taylor sometimes and Victor Vodnik. Victor Vadnick could get some safe opportunities because the Marlins have kind of been.
Speaker 3: Fairbanks has had a bad year, dude. He now, to his credit, he's been much better. Are recently four saves in a row without giving any up. A lot of pitches on that one on Sunday twenty one pitches and his ERA is still up over six. But I think Vodnik is like, Okay, look, which, by the way, not his last game, but the game before that he did.
Speaker 2: Blow a save.
Speaker 3: Vodnick, but he has experience, you know, he has experience in the back end of the bullpen. So if Fairbanks starts to suck again, you could just put Vodnick in that spot.
Speaker 2: So it's crazy, all right, So winners and losers, you got two. Let's do like two winners and two lose. I think the I think, you know, I think the losers are kind of easy. I think the losers are the Brewers at number one in the breves. That's gonna be mine. I think. I want to there's a little part of me that wanted to say the Yankees because I could thought they could have done more, but that's not really fair. I thought the Mariners were really weird and like, what the hell were they doing? You know? Why did they go get Ward and they sold off Castille.
Speaker 3: Hading two starters? I think is nice for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, but but they're on the losers though. The Yeah, the losers, So I didn't understand what they were doing so to me, I think the Brewers and the Braves are the two that just like jump out to me as the most obvious losers. But I don't know if you feel there's someone different, I think, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's hard to not say the Brewers, right, because not only did you not get to Trek's Google, you also let the Dodgers get him. So I think the Brewers are probably a fairly large loser. And then after that, I probably like, what did the Al West do? The Astros didn't do much. They got var Show, the bar Show, added a piece here and there.
Speaker 2: I was kind of surprised, like no one pushed.
Speaker 3: Their chips in for this division, Like if you're the Mariners, I guess they got Taylor Ward too. They did a couple moves more than the Astros. I guess I would say the Astros and the Diamondbacks probably not adding any Bullpenn.
Speaker 2: No, that's I actually got to point out, that's a great call. The Rangers were the team. That's another one. They were telling everybody every report.
Speaker 3: The Rangers are gonna sell off all the pieces five in a row, going in no, no, no, that.
Speaker 2: Was but you didn't get let me finish, like, look at the what they We're gonna train everybody. It's gonna be Jacob de Grom, it's gonna be Evaldi, it's gonna be They didn't do anything. They didn't sell, they didn't buy. The Astros didn't really do anything. The Mariners, what were they even doing that? I didn't even ever comprehend that. Let me look at this. I think that is the one division that is probably the least act of let's see the East had.
Speaker 3: Why didn't they trade netto like rebuild the system, sync to the bottom and come back up when they a's move pieces, I guess they don't have many pieces to move well.
Speaker 2: They were also like, yeah, I know, I see what you're saying, but no, you you nailed that. The America the Ale West is maybe the thing. They didn't do anything and everything's up for grab. That's weird. That's a super Braves are also like, you have eight games, you have an eight game lead. Yeah, that's why the Phillies made some moves, right, like maybe move one move. But yeah, I thought they were ridiculous to not get starting pitching help. So I think AL West was probably the biggest disappointment then I would say the NL East because you did have sellers and you didn't really have the only the Phillies were buyers, So those kind of standout. What about on wins then, though, for you, like what was the if you could pick two teams that you really like the moves that they made.
Speaker 3: I think the Padres getting two pieces back is great, and I really like what the Pirates did with the bullpen, like just just shore up that back end, like they're you know, they're not there yet, but they are within striking distance of a wildcard spot the Pirates, so you know they're never in this opportunity post All Star Break? How many how many games are they out of the wild cut? Who's at the Bucks Pirates? The Pirates, they are. They're fourteen and a half Division three and a half games back, so it's not impossible. But I mean you do have the Podreys, Marlins, Pirates, Cardinals, Nationals, and Reds all within five and a half games of the Phillies.
Speaker 2: Well, the Diamondbacks one was so critical, remember I think I mentioned it. It was that's if the Pirates would have won that final game, they would have owned the series against the Diamondbacks, and that would have been a you know, like if they were to have gotten to a point where they were fighting against the Diamondbacks for a wild card spot, that would have been critical. I agree with you on the padres to be different. I think the Cubs really retooling their entire rotation and just selling off those pieces that weren't doing anything. I thought that was impressive. And I'm gonna say the Guardians. I thought the Guardians did a good job of like finding the different spots. They found a power bat and then they found a starting pitcher to go in the rotation. That's what I want to see. I want to see some diversity in what these teams do. Not that I don't like, you know, the Cubs getting three straight starting pitchers, but if you've got a team that's really good, this is the Brewers thing to me. You had a team that's really good, but like, could you justifiably shore up four spots? Yes? Like, do you trust an Uribe and McGill full on Not really, I guess they got sinsitela. Do you trust the back end of the rotation? You shouldn't. They didn't really get anything. And then could you use a little bit more depth as far as your hitters go, yeah, you probably could have a power bat. You said the Brewers were like almost last in the league and whole or last. They didn't improve on their bats, they didn't improve on their rotation, and they just brought into piece in the bullpen. I think the Brewers are the number one. What are you doing that? They're my biggest losers for sure. Now fantasy wins, I had mentioned my top three or I think I had four on leading off, but I thought Luke Weaver was number one. That was my favorite fantasy plus number two was Casey Myz. I love that. And this is something I didn't mention, but Joshua Bias might be one of the biggest beneficiaries. Oh yes, you are being traded. There aren't a ton like I guess that's a missing piece of what we did here. If you look at like all the major guys that were traded, and then you go, Okay, who are some prospects that could benefit now that some of these guys are out. I think Joshua Bias is the number one player because he was just blocked before and now with Nubar out of there, it's a clear path for him. And then I think with the Tigers. Maybe like a Jackson job might be able to come up. I'm just not sure if there's anybody else. Oh, Cole Kerrig is another beneficiary because oh yeah, yeah, yeah, because of Britain Doyle being traded. But I would say Joshua Bias is like my number three because I think that's a guy that it clearly has space now to come up. So that's my top three. Do you have any extra additions?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking at josh Bias's numbers, thirty two bombs and seventeen's wives.
Speaker 2: Good. Well, look at the strikeout right though, that's been the problem. What is it?
Speaker 3: I didn't see it thirty it's actually thirty percent. He has lowered it, I guess a little bit. But yeah, I mean Weaver number one. Like you said, I think Casey Maies is number two. I like Gossman going to the Cubs. I thought that was a good move. I like it Dell depending on where he hits, like we talked about in that Guardian's lineup as well. So I think those are the ones that I probably like the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My next level is like I like Foster Griffin, I like Adele and I like Kelly Oramos, like Kelly Oramos hitting in New York, especially if he could not play too much platoon. I mean, did they really need to even think about platooning in with Dominguez and stuff. I don't know. I don't know if that's even the plan, by the way, but I would assume you would like strong and short side platoon those guys. But I just want to see Heley Oramos eat there, so I think that could be a big beneficiary, and I think that's going to do it for the episode. There's some other stuff that happened this weekend. Shout out to Max Clark for being an absolute g You would Kyle Freelan with a complete game was pretty impressive. Yeah, did you know? That was the first complete game for the Rockies since twenty twenty two? Who did the last one? Probably Kyle fre I guess it was his first career. I don't know who did the last one, that's a good question. Twenty twenty two was the last?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly surprised it was that recent. I was like, if if you would have asked me that, I've been like, you, Baldo Jez.
Speaker 3: Noticed that you Baldo Jimenez is exactly who I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only Colorado pitchers that can even think of. But yeah, I mean there's some definitely some stuff that happened over the weekend. But you know what, we can save that for the later in the week episode where we do some of the breakdowns. We also get to look at some of the repercussions of these guys that believe Scooble I think he's pitching on Tuesday his first outing. I believe Luis Castill's first outing is on Thursday. So we're in the three or four day marker where we're going to see all these trade guys starting to pop up and any inherent.
Speaker 3: Prospects that get called up, like a Joshua Bias can't wait to watch to hate watch the Dodgers in the playoffs again.
Speaker 2: So I did say, and I think everyone would just fully agree with this. This is the biggest If you don't win the World Series, you're a disappointment you've ever seen in your life. Yes, they can't get to the World Series and play a really good competitive two games or three, you know, or like win two or three and then lose. They have to win the whole thing. And there's literally no other range like the Diamondbacks ever, was like, oh, good job you got to the World Series and blah blah blah, No, you have to win it all. You might need to sweep the team too. He might not be able to go to seven.
Speaker 3: Uh I would I would just win the World Series like you won it in seven last year. You know, just win the World Series if you get there. I don't care how many games it goes to. But I'll say this, which would be a bigger disappointment when the Lakers lost when they added Karl Malone and GP and everybody, uh to the Pistons or this, this is worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this would be the all time. I mean, dude, Otani Freeman, Bets, Kyle Tucker, Yamamoto, Snell, Trek Schouoble, Like, it's just it's a no Edwin Diaz. We forget they brought in Edwin Diaz. Dude, you see that stat since twenty twenty two, did you hear who the five best eras are? And it's not Diline Dieline, Dieline, Dieline and Dieline the five best eras since I think I can remember them since twenty twenty two, you ready.
Speaker 3: Yamamoto Tani, Schooble, and Eric Scubale. One Nell schemes, two schemes. Okay, Yamamoto, Otani and Snell.
Speaker 2: Those are the five. Four of the if I best theras of the last four years come from the four Dodgers in this rotation. It is they have to win every single ounce of this and it will be a hilarious piece to carry into an off season. That was that we're being told about salary caps and fair play and all this type of stuff, and the Dodgers or their billion dollar team is going to just keep winning. What do you say? Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys championships. It's right, happiness and women lots of houses that I mentioned happiness and buy me happiness. You can buy happiness over to this league dot com. Sign up today in this league dot com. In this league dot com. Support you boys.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We've got the sheets. I got the Prospect and Dynasty sheets for you every month updates. We've got the group me rooms to hang out, other sports are in there and all the things in between. Just be a part of the community, have access to us, and just know that you are supporting this podcast, which gosh dang it We love you when you do it. So in this league dot com, if you would sign up today, we would be so gracious. All right, that's going to do it. Thanks for anybody that was hanging out with us watching us. We decided to drop it live on the Patreon here and on the YouTube channel, so you can just watch us staring at you guys on the screen if you want. That's gonna do it for the episode. We'll be back later in this week. I don't believe any bogman on leading off this week, but that'll be next week. I'm off this week. Yeah, you'll be out from I'm out next Monday.
Speaker 3: Host next Monday. Yeah, getting ready to watch the disaster you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Be fun, everybody. Yeah there you going. All right, that's gonna do it for the episode. That's bogmin. I'm well, you guys have a fantastic one and we will talk to you next time right here on in this League.