Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Tam kays.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live for Marongo Casino Resort and Spa in Cavzon. As your Los Angeles Dodgers ninety three and sixty four on the season, first place, top of the NL West. The fight for the division continues tonight as the Dodgers play host to the San Diego Padres, who won the series opener last night in dramatic fashion, Tonight's a great pitching matchup, Jack Flaherty Dylan sees on the man first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. I'm Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this great pitching matchup tonight David vaz Say will go one on one with keyk Hernandez. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up in thirty minutes. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth and here from Rick Monday and Steven Nelson. Well last night a dramatic ending at the stadium, not before the Dodgers got themselves in a hole, though they tried to get out of. Landon Knack would go four innings, give up four runs on five hits. The Dodgers spotted him a one nothing lead, show Aotani scoring on an air from Exander Boguards, and the Dodgers had a one nothing lead after one. However, in this second things fell apart from Landon Nack. He gave up a two run home run to Jake Croninworth. Then in the fourth two more runs came across for the Padres and the Dodgers were down four to one. Michael King would go five innings, scattered just three hits while giving up that one run it was unearned in the first inning. The bullpen then took over for San Diego the rest of the way, as did the Dodgers bullpen, which was great for the next four innings. In the ninth, the Dodgers down four to one, runners on for Key k a Hernandez.
Speaker 3: Two singles to start the ninth a one to two pitch to Keiy k Hernandez, broken.
Speaker 4: Back third a center field. It drops down for a hit. Smith comes home. It's not four to two.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Stadium has life.
Speaker 2: Key k Hernandez, top tier play the game sponsor by Arco quality, top tier gas for less key k a Hernandez delivered with the RBI single.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers down four.
Speaker 2: To two, they'd get the bases loaded with nobody out. Miguel Rojas up to bat, show a Otani on deck, ready to do something big for the Dodgers, and that brings us to the breath of fresh air moment.
Speaker 5: Of the game.
Speaker 3: Corner infield, ready to crash for the Padres, Machata at third, Solano at first the O one, Rojas is swinging ground ball to third. Machado steps on the back, goes the second.
Speaker 4: For one the turn.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, a game ending triple play. Unbelievable. A triple play started by Manny Machado. That's the breath of fresh air moment of the game. Brought to by a Tara Mechanical looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner, Omar Brittany, the owners founders, great people. Their service is more than just a solution to breadth of fast share. From the moment you call to the completion of your project, a Tara Mechanical friendly on his service at a fair price.
Speaker 4: Nothing fair about that.
Speaker 2: As the Dodgers hit into a triple play ball game over Padres clinch a playoff spot, they get closer to the Dodgers, who still lead the division, but the Padres nipping on their heels. Tonight, game two of this three game series. Jack Flaherty on the mount, first pitch at seven ten and with more we head out to the Gallpin Mooters broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, All right, tim gate to be with you ahead of another big game at Dodger Stadium, A massive game.
Speaker 4: Dare we say the biggest game?
Speaker 3: Well, these next two nights, you're gonna say the same thing, moll, because it's all the line for the Dodgers this leave. The division is down to two games, two games left against the Padres. If they win both, they clinch the National League West. We got to start with last night, I think we have heard the explanations from Dave Roberts talking about how we thought the wheel play was going to be on for the Padres after Mickey Roll pulled back the first bun attempt, which you should have put it down anyway, it was a perfect first pitch to do it. You catch them off guard. Alas that didn't happen. They didn't keep the bun on. The explanation of the wheel play, did that make sense to you? Did it sit well with you? How would you have liked to have seen things play out now that you have hindsight.
Speaker 6: And for those the wonder on the wheel play, that's basically where you're putting the infielders in position to baby upset the apple card and have the bunt play into your hands the defense, and you do the wheel play, you're kind of gambling that you're going to have the bunt laid down. Well, that was not the case. The infield stayed back and the Dodgers have had difficulty if we look at it steven the last three games, I mean, including last night, the last three games, Dodgers have hit into seven double plays and now went triple play. But when you're trying to surprise things. Here's the other scenario. Let's say, for example, the bunt gets put down right in the runners advance and Rojas is out at first because they make.
Speaker 3: The play, So second and third one out runner.
Speaker 6: First and second, you want to butt the ball to third base. Is it more difficult for right handed batter to pull the bunt to get the third? Probably you don't want the buntet the first because the first baseman's crashing in on it. But let's say that the sacrifice BUTNT went okay, Now you're going to walk o tany load. The bases bases are don't want to have a home plate, and Mookie bets either.
Speaker 3: And we've seen that movie before, haven't we walk?
Speaker 6: And there's a pretty good history. And then even if he doesn't knock in at least the tying runs, then you've got Freddy Freeman that it's not a bad option either for any lineup. So that was the case, and nobody is expecting the triple played. But we're looking at one play. But the Dodgers did not play well for eight innings. They ran themselves out of the first inning by base running. We saw some plays that were not made defensively, we saw opportunities that were missed. And here's the other underlying part. Last night was the eighth time in the last thirteen games that a starting pitcher for the Dodgers has gone four innings or less. That has put a tremendous strain on the bullpen. In fact, you start to look at the last fourteen games, excluding a game that Brian Brasier worked one inning as an open and that was last Friday, is a bullpen game. Starting pitching has worked fifty two and two thirds innings with a six to seventy one earned ren average. The bullpen talk about a workload. They worked sixty and two thirds innings, so they have more than well eight innings, more than what the starting pitching gives his work.
Speaker 3: There's a lot on the shoulders of Jack Flardy Night, the starter for Game two against Dylan Cson. Again, we talked about this last night, Tim is to get it back to you. To be fair, Mickey Rojas has had his greatest offensive season. He has been one of the more important pieces on this team throughout the year. He is perhaps the best contact hitter on the team outside of Mookie Betts. But in that situation, you want to go down with your big boys, and that didn't happen for the Dodgers last night. Adding to the disappointment of losing game one. Game two is still in front of him and it's coming up shortly.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we call you down first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on.
Speaker 4: It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 2: What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Bojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vasay, our Dodger insider will dive deeper into this pitching matchup up next. So you're o Tani rewind and we'll visit with Kirstena Watson from Sportsnet LA. So he leads up to Dodgers and padres on this Wednesday night, Clayton Kershaw Bobblehead night. As we are lying from Wrongo Casino Resort and Spa leading up to first pitch, Thanks for being with us. I Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres. Game two of this three game set, first place in the NL West is on the line. Jack Flerny Dylan sees the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 1: This is the three.
Speaker 3: Wid team said on the first base side of the rubber. His first pitch of the game, Otani cracks it down on the right field line.
Speaker 4: It is a fair.
Speaker 3: Ball and it hops over the wall on one hop, a leadoff ground rule double for show Hey O'tani on the very first pitch of the game.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani with a double in the first inning.
Speaker 4: Has only hitting the game.
Speaker 2: He'd get on base twice, so as he walked later on, patting three to.
Speaker 4: Oh one on this season.
Speaker 2: That double, by the way, the most extra base hits in a season for a Dodger player, breaking the franchise record set by Babe Herman back in nineteen thirty. Otani re Ryan brought to you by Eto A Toyocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Shoeotani loves and drinks. Available a local diso stores, Amazon, and etoin dot com.
Speaker 4: That's it Oe n dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from Dodgers Stadium before Game two of this three game series against the Padres and Kirston last night the talk of baseball, the talk of sports.
Speaker 4: The triple play that did in the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and look, as much as it was a frustrating ending for the Dodgers, it's a terrible way to lose a game a triple play. I mean, you had a perfect situation. They had just scored to run the game with than four to two. There were two guys on and there were no outs, and with Miguel Rojas on, Okay, whatever happened with him, there was still gonna be show. Hey, Tani to get in that bet say they walk show. Hey, you had Mookie Betts, Freddy Freeman. That's literally ideal situation. You often talk about the top of the owner turning things over. They literally did just that. And obviously we know how it ended. Manny Machado turned a triple play. And I was talking to Dino Eble just about it today. He obviously works with our defenders every single day on different groundball drills, and I asked him just to kind of break it down for me because I was trying to figure out, like, is that just is that a one of a kind play that only he can do, Manny Machado can do. And he said, honestly, twenty nine of thirty third basemen in this league, they're not turning that triple play. They're thinking.
Speaker 4: They're thinking the double.
Speaker 7: Play either tag third, throw over to first, maybe they do a five four three, but they're not thinking triple play. And where it took, he was saying, he's playing that how much information Manny took into consideration in that moment? He recognizes who is hitting Miguel Rojas and they recognize us who's on deck with show hey o Tani recognizing the positioning in which he is, that he's so close to first that he can tag it and then look to beat the speed of the second base and to kind of turn that play. For him to be able to do that, it was you do kind of have to take a step back and be the fan of just it was remarkable to see him do such as that. Now for them to do it, and then for them to clinch a postseason but we don't love that. But to actually execute the play was pretty spectacular.
Speaker 4: No doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Real quick, what's the mindset of this team that haven't been around in the last couple hours to get ready for Game two tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's they're composed and I think they're ready. Ultimately, when it comes to this group, they understand what's at stake right now. They understand that if the Padres come in here and they sweep this team and they win all three, that's not where they want to be. That means that's more pressure on the final series for both teams for of the regular season. So they know they want to win today without siding the tone. I spoke with Jack Clarity yesterday and he said that these are the games that he lives for to be a part of this situation right now, to be a part of this team. He wants to do everything in his power to help this team win, and he believes that he's made the adjustments from his last outing going into this one today. So hopefully he can set the tone and we can see the offense put up some big numbers. They're gonna be a tough one against ellen C's but hopefully they can find a way to get to him.
Speaker 2: Hope So, Kirson, we will check in with you after the game. Dodgers need to win. They need something big out of Jack Flerity tonight, no doubt about it. Dodger fans and a Hansher listening the experience. Download the iHeartRadio app and listen in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos la Care dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll.
Speaker 4: Dive deeper to this bitching matchup. David Vandego's one on one with Key k here Nandez.
Speaker 5: But I'm next.
Speaker 2: We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and Padres first bench coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongoino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Brongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues live from Brongo Casino Resort and Spy in Cabzon. Good times certainly coming up. Good times for the Dodgers as they take on the padres Game two of this three game set, Jack Filarity Dylan Cees the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical Partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Austin Barnes on the IL with the fractured toe. Tyler Glass now done for the year, going on the sixty day IL. Gavin Stone done for the year elbow inflammation. He's placed on the sixty day IL. Anthony Banda on the IL the hairline fracture in his left hand. He is rehabbing and working his way back. Clayton Kershaw still fingers crossed that he can come back and help out this Dodgers team. Tony Gonslin pitched over the weekend in Oklahoma City. He still helps to help out this Dodgers team in some capacity.
Speaker 4: Maybe in the n l DS. We'll see. All right, let's head back out the Dodgers. Dat even check out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 5: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 9: The dugouts with Dave Roberts when you play one hundred and sixty two games. There's a lot of heartbreaking games. And the thing about baseball players, you got to come back and do it again the next day, and so linger effects, I don't think so. I think that you know, it's up to Jack to set the tone and our guys to be ready to win a ball game tonight. I think Atlanta was a miss must win game given where we were at, how things are going after losing the first two and I mean, yeah, and here we are again. So I think that it's you look at the kind of the scope of that point in time, and we've had a lot of must win games and I just expect to go out there and play goodball game.
Speaker 4: Talk about like characters.
Speaker 3: The team, since it is like a kind of situation, come on last night, they gets tested a little bit.
Speaker 9: It is it is. And again, you know, athletes, baseball players, you get tested with your character quite often. And I've seen our guys bounce back. They're resilient, they're tough. No one's going to feel sorry for you. You got to go out there and be a pro and win a baseball game. That's just what it boils down to.
Speaker 8: It was around for us because the season last night, or.
Speaker 9: I don't think that we I honestly, I don't think so. And it's not I just don't think this is a raw, raw situation. You got to be a pro. We lost a tough ballgame, they beat us, and you've got to reset. That's just I mean, I don't know. If we had to have a raw, raw guy after last night, then we've got the wrong guys. I just that's what I believe.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout talking about the tough loss last night to the Padres and the need to bounce back tonight in the second game of this three game series brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business, too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service titan dot com. When we continue here, I'm wronggo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We will check in with our Dodger insiders David Vasse leading you up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium. Dodgers and Padres first place on the line, I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 5: Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this Wednesday Nights. Dodgers need a win after dropping the series opener last night, Jack Flerti and sees the pitching match up the umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim cats On Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger inside there, David Bassi, all right, DV.
Speaker 4: What's the vibe out there tonight?
Speaker 2: After a tough loss last night in the fashion that they lost, is this team right to bounce back of.
Speaker 4: The game two?
Speaker 10: I would imagine, so, Tim, the Dodgers are not just going to go home and concede anything to the Padres. I'm curious to see and I got this sense. I would say halfway through the afternoon here at Dodgers Stadium that the Dodgers may have gotten a wake up call after the way they played last night. I know there's a lot of focus on the ninth inning, and rightfully so, but really the first eight innings of that game, the Dodgers need a needed smelling salts to be able to wake up from whatever days or the way that they played. It just wasn't what the fifty thousand plus expected from a team that is trying to hold off the hottest team in Major League Baseball right now with the best record since the All Star breaks. So I kind of believe that the Dodgers are not just going to put their tail between their legs. They're going to come out tonight and really show the Padres they have a lot to handle.
Speaker 2: Dave Gavin Lucks no secret. He came out of the All Star Break red hot. He has since cooled down and he has really struggled.
Speaker 10: He really has tim and he's in there tonight because he has good numbers against Dylan Cees in his career, but coming into the game tonight, he's hitting a buck ninety since August twenty first, it just seems like he is emotionally and physically spent with having to come back from a right knee injury. He really saved his season with the way he played coming out of the All Star break, but it feels like maybe he's running out of gas. And I would not put it past the Dodgers to consider playing Key k a Hernandez every day at second base going into the postseason. But if you look at the small sample size of Gavin Lux against Dylan Cees, he's two for three with a double. Keyk Hernandez five for twelve against ce So there's an argument to be made for both those guys. But the Dodgers need Gavin Lux to play his role as a left handed bat on the infield, and we'll see what he gives them tonight.
Speaker 5: I know he's been.
Speaker 10: Putting in a lot of work, a lot of early batting practice, so hopefully the results start to show up.
Speaker 4: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, its choices, fine yours with the four F one fifty, the gas hybrid, all electric, tough. This smart can only be called F one fifty. Tonight, great pitching matchup. Dylan Sez goes for the Padres, Jack Felherty on the mound for the Dodgers and Dave.
Speaker 4: They really need him tonight.
Speaker 10: They really do, and they really need his fastball velocity to go back where it was the majority of this season. In his last start, Flaherty's average fastball velocity was clocked at eighty nine miles an hour. That's significant for a guy that was averaging ninety four miles an hour on his fastball. So that's something to look for tonight. Where is the fastball and is his body in sync like it wasn't in Miami.
Speaker 2: Dave will Smith batten six again tonight. Is got to get the feeling will Smith maybe turn things around.
Speaker 5: Now I don't know about that.
Speaker 10: I'm still seeing a miss a lot of fastballs, fouling off fastballs that he should be hitting. They need will Smith, they need Freddie Freeman. Will Smith was awarded at the beginning of the season a long term extension for what he can do offensively at that position. We just haven't seen it all season long, and he has denied that he has injured, but you would have to imagine he's battling something. You don't go from being an All Star catcher to a buck ninety hitter since June. So hopefully things start to turn around for him. We only got five more games to go in this season, so now would be a good time for Will Smith to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe wishful thinking on my part. David appreciate it. We'll check back in with you a little bit. This is the last week to win Freddie Freeman's autograph jersey. Sign up for your chance to win at cleanla dot com. Just take a survey sharing what you've learned about recycling beverage containers. That's cleanla dot com for a chance to win a Freddie Freeman autograph jersey.
Speaker 4: Coming up here on.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck Live from Marongo Casino Resort and Spa. We will hear from Key k Hernandez. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next You're Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Padres First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kaates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Casino Dodgers One on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres on this Wednesday night, Clayton Kershaw Bobblehead Night Out at the Ravine. Jack Flaherty Dylan sees the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventeen, Who went?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs on.
Speaker 2: This date in twenty and sixteen September twenty fifth, Dodgers at home on a Sunday afternoon, taking on the Rockies, a day in which the Dodgers would clinch the division and it was Vin Scully's final home game ever.
Speaker 4: Charlie Culbertson providing the dramatics.
Speaker 11: Bottom of the tenth, tied at three, Boom Logan the lefty set and the pitch to Culberson.
Speaker 5: There's a fly ball to left field?
Speaker 4: Did he ay doing?
Speaker 11: Charlie Colberson a'll walk off home run. The Dodgers win the West for the fourth consecutive year. But this win is for Vin and Charlie Colberson is a man who's done it.
Speaker 2: Charlie Colberson throws the helmet into the sky rounding third, a walk off home run to beat the Colorado Rockies and clinch the NL West. Charlie Steiner on the call in what was Vin Scully's final home game ever at Dodgers Stadium. This Hofey Magical Woman brought to you by Hoffey Hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from Marongo Casino Resort.
Speaker 4: And Spa, we will check in with Rick mondays.
Speaker 2: We are leading you up to first pitch Dodgers Padres to cases Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Wednesday night. Jack Flaherty Dylan cees the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by our friends at Zenchi Handcrafted Sushi and joined the Sweet.
Speaker 4: Tonight made fresh daily on side.
Speaker 2: Pickup Delicious Sushi before the game, after the game and routs or other local supermarkets near the deli counter.
Speaker 4: Coming up, we'll get to the keys to the game.
Speaker 2: Will dive deeper in this pitching matchup and we'll hear from Kei k Hernettez.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David Masseying. Here's la Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Rick again, a beautiful Wednesday at Dodgers Stadium, and you are the most wanted man here in a good way where everybody wants a piece of the great Rick Monday?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 6: That's what you're going with?
Speaker 5: Did you follow?
Speaker 6: Can you hit or what?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I feel that way.
Speaker 10: You know you're a tough guy to nail down on a daily basis. Rick, You are more popular than what you let on.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Evidently I didn't realize the bars had opened that soon that early. Today.
Speaker 5: It's happy hover somewhere, Rick.
Speaker 6: You know every time, how many times have we said this? When you come to the ballpark, you never know what you might see, and sometimes you see things you've never seen before. I've never seen a ballgame end with a triple play. I've seen triple plays, I've played in those, I've seen an unassisted triple play. I've never seen a game end on a triple play, and hopefully don't see it again, at least not with the home team.
Speaker 10: Would you like to rehash that at bad in the ninth inning last night. As far as not bunting to get a billion dollars worth of hitters to the plate.
Speaker 6: Well, that's a good question. It's a good scenario. And you know, if we go back and not to place it on Miguel Rojas's shoulders, you know, he'd buntet at the first pitch, took the bat back. It was a called strike. I thought that was the best opportunity right there. So he took that pit for a strike and he's showing butt. Then he swings away. Okay, fine, let's say the butt gets down. Okay, let's go from a positive standpoint, they would have walked show. Hey, Otani, it's not a second choice either. Had Mookie Benz come up and then followed by Freddy Freeman on top of that, with one out, you've already got one run that has come in. So yeah, there's a real good chance you've got the tying runs and that are on base and the winning runs are on bass. But that was not the case. I think more importantly though, too, David, I think we have to look before the ninth inning, there were missed opportunities, and quite frankly, I said during the broadcast, there were two teams that showed up last night, only one really played well. And the Dodgers have not really played too well for a number of games. And there's an issue with the starting rotation, and the bullpen has been overworked, and there's no question about that. Numbers we'll get into during the broadcast itself, but let's not overlook the fact that the Dodgers have not helped themselves from an offensive standpoint. That ran themselves out of the inning last night. There were some strange plays in the outfield where Mookie Benzon in one volt did not get a jump at all, didn't move until the ball hit the ground. They ran themselves out of the inning in the first inning. Also, if you look at the last three games, how about these numbers. In the last three games, the Dodgers have hit into seven double plays and now one triple play. So it's missed opportunities. And one team played with a lot of electricity last night, and it was not the guys wearing Dodger blue.
Speaker 10: I feel like the Dodgers' strength and weakness at times is how they play even keel throughout the entire season. At some point you've got a rise to the level of emotion that it's going to take to win a game like last night or tonight.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you brought that up. Let's go to a comment I said this yesterday. Let's go to comment Thursday after the game in Miami, where Dave Roberts asked about his ball club and coming into the series against the and Andres and then over the weekend they'll be in Denver trying to close out the Western Division. Dave Roberts said he wants his ball club to stay hungry, have a sense of urgency. Yesterday before the ballgame, he said he wanted his ball club to have and we're quoting vigor, have fight, have intensity, and find out.
Speaker 4: Who wants it more.
Speaker 6: Now this is the manager talking. We did not see any of those really particular feelings in the game last night overall. And I realized when you're not scoring runs and you're not hitting I've said this over and over, it looks very lethargic. That's just the nature of the game. That's the way that appears to be. But the Dodgers I do like the fact that today Dave Roberts said, Dylan sees who is going to start for the sandygop Andres. Here's the quote Dylan sees will know he was in a fight tonight.
Speaker 5: I hope that turns out to be true. Rick.
Speaker 10: Action speak louder than words. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 6: Ball game to win tonight, ball game to win tomorrow night.
Speaker 10: Be where your feet are, as the great Richell would say, send it back to the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all right now, the studio live and Morongo Casino Resort and spa though DV Dodger fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial leads availble to help you with tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 4: It's time to take that next big stuff.
Speaker 2: Glasses can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this great pitching matchup tonight. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, we'll be back before first pitch with the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Key k Hernandez. Don't go anywhere. Dodgers Padres. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Padre says we lead jumps at first pitch live from Marongo Casino Resort and Spy in Cavazon. Good times. Jack Flaherty Dylan sees the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles Ranke number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h LA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: We're joining right now by KEYK Hernandez.
Speaker 10: When you spell clutch in LA, it's not with the C, it's with a K for KEYK. You really have started to turn it on like you always do at this time of year. I know, obviously yesterday did not go the way you wanted, but KEYK feels like here in rare form again.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, you know, we we are.
Speaker 12: We're in the final stretch and we're playing very important games, and you know, the more the game means, the better, you know, the best of me comes out. And I don't know, I don't know's that's a weird feeling to describe it, but yeah, it's very important games and we need people to step up to the occasion. And you know, I've been able to have a good last few games, and you know, obviously feels way better when.
Speaker 8: You have a good game and we win than when you have a good game when we don't win.
Speaker 12: So, you know, just trying to do my part, obviously knowing my role and all that, so just being ready for whenever my name gets called upon.
Speaker 8: If it gets called upon.
Speaker 12: If not, then you know, bring whatever I can bring to the team to to help the team win, even when I'm not in the on the field.
Speaker 5: Key k.
Speaker 10: The mantra of former Dodger teams that you were part.
Speaker 5: Of was to be where your feed are.
Speaker 10: Do you feel like this team needs to recalibrate to be where your feed are as far as not worried about the way things ended last night or what this transpired in the future or in the past.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't, uh, I don't necessarily think that people are you know, thinking about yesterday, last.
Speaker 8: Night, today, But uh yeah, you know, we.
Speaker 12: Need to we need to realize the important of these games, and uh we.
Speaker 8: Need to lock it in. We we need to. We can't give extra house on defense.
Speaker 12: We can't give extra ninety feet, we can't run into outs on the basis because, uh, every run is gonna be crucial from here on out, especially you know as we get closer to the playoffs, and in the playoffs, every run.
Speaker 8: Is is absolutely critical.
Speaker 12: So uh, you know we can uh we can uh let the up. We can't give them extra outs, and we can't run into house on the bases. And you know, we just got to play better fundamental baseball. And uh you know, today's a good this is a new day, and we got Jack on the mountain and we're feeling pretty good about that.
Speaker 10: Key k Hernandez is our guest. Kyk, you were playing every day at third base for the better part.
Speaker 5: Of two months.
Speaker 10: You, like you said, you embraced your role, gone back to the bench and have been ready in the biggest moments. How has the prepper changed for you? Maybe even from three years ago.
Speaker 8: I mean a lot back then.
Speaker 12: I had to do was just grab my leg, grab my arm, and I was ready to go.
Speaker 8: And uh, you know, as you get.
Speaker 12: A little older, it takes a little more preparation to to get ready to play, and especially to come off the bench where you know, pinchonting is the hardest thing to do in all sports, and uh, you know, when you got to come in and face the guy throwing really hard, and not not just that, but you also got to be ready to you know, once the ball gets put on play, put in play, you gotta be able to run one hundred percent, and so you got to be fully loose and that's kind of hard to do coming off the bench and things like that, but uh, you know, I've done it for a long time. The process is different than back in the day, but uh but uh, you know, the the goal is the same and and the ejector is the same. So you know, like you said, just making sure that I'm ready whatever situation, whatever position, whatever it is that I need to do to to help the team win.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm here for.
Speaker 10: There used to be a PR official with the Dodgers with Kik the first time around, named Dace Suke Segura and his family owns a sushi restaurant here in Los Angeles, and I guess they're trying to bring the good luck sushi to the Dodgers because you said they're in the clubhouse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're here today.
Speaker 12: They're usually here on Fridays, but uh, of course we don't have any more Friday.
Speaker 8: Left than the regular season.
Speaker 12: But uh yeah, bar Ayama one of the better, if not the best Japanese restaurants I've had in the in l A. And uh, lucky for us where they're here cooking for us today. And uh you know their their grandparents now because I had a kid, uh kids raising kids, so uh you know, dies but dies back in his homeland in Japan, but uh you know he's missed around here.
Speaker 10: Can you give La your sushi order? If you're on a dinner date with your wife? What's Kik's go to? Or do you let the sushi chef dictate?
Speaker 8: Depends?
Speaker 12: If I go to bar Hayama, you know you trust that they're going to bring all the good stuff. But I honestly can't give you my sushi order here because it's way too long and uh wow, wife usually let me let me do the picking and uh, I usually.
Speaker 8: Order too much food to where we can't even eat that we order.
Speaker 5: So yeah, all right, so it's not just the avocado roll.
Speaker 8: No, no, no at all. That is not sushi.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 10: Thanks for the time, Key k and Los Angeles. Like I tell you every time we talk, appreciates everything you stand for, everything that you do, as far as just leaving it all out on the field and it doesn't go unnoticed. And we'll be talking next time with you celebrating in champagne.
Speaker 8: Oh thanks Dave, thanks for fluffing me up.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 10: There he goes, Key k Hernandez, don't be at the sushi table with him.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: Definitely not zensh sushi all day day, have no doubt about that. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. It's a good one. Dodgers padres the Fight for the NL West, Game two of this three game series of Tim Kasis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues live from Marongo Casino Resort and spas we lead jump to Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: For asent about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turning your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 4: See your Toyota dealer today, They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Dylan Cees on the mound fourteen and eleven three forty three ERA, twenty eight year old right hander in his fifth season now in the big Leagues, his first with the Padres, coming over in a deal from the White Sox. Making his thirty third start this year. He pitched a no hitter back in July for the Padres. Last time, I'm out eight in a third shutout innings, two hits, five strikeouts in a win over the Astros. This is his fourth career start against the Dodgers. In his three prior starts, He's a combined one in one with a one to seventy two ERA that's really good, a two to twenty opponents batting average with twenty four strikeouts in those three starts. His lone start this year as a Padre, he allowed one earned run on three hits and strukeout six and at Padres eight to one win. Back on July thirty first at Pecho Park, Jack Flaherty on the mound the Pride Burbank, the twenty eight year old right hander, former first round pick out of Harvard west Lake High School thirteen and seven three to ten Erray, made his major league debut in twenty seventeen. They acquired the Dodgers did from the Tigers at a deal at the deadline, making his twenty eight start this season his tenth with the Dodgers. He has gone six plus innings in sixteen starts this season. Hopefully he can do that again tonight last time out, six innings, three runs, five hits, two home runs, five strikeouts in a win over the Marlin. He's facing the Padres for the sixth time in his career. Jack Flerty's two and one with a four to twenty six ERA and twenty eight strikeouts. Jack Flerity and Dylan sees the pitching matchup Game two of this three game set. It's the Dodgers and Padres. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres. Game two of this three game set. Jack Flerty Dylan sees the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Dodger fans.
Speaker 2: Enhance your listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD.
Speaker 4: Take it with you on the go.
Speaker 2: It's crystal clear on your mobile device or laptop or tablet powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org.
Speaker 4: All right, before first.
Speaker 2: Pitch, we head back out to the booth. Rick Monday, Steven Nelson, guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks TC Back with Rick Monday and mode. Jack Flaherty takes the ball. This is why you traded.
Speaker 6: For him, Yeah, exactly, And he has stood told there's no infens a bunch about it, you know, seven and five, but he was with Detroity six and two since coming over to the Dodgers. In his nine starts, they need a good performance from him, and in the month of September, Flarity is three and one with an ERA just a fraction above three and quarters. So he's done a very good job on that. One thing about Flarity to look at him. The first pitch that hitters put into play this year has been a rather high batting average against been Flarity with the offspeed pitch that good fastball, and he knows exactly the importance of tonight's game. I look for a big win for Flarity.
Speaker 3: On the other side, Dylan Ceese the Dodgers tried to get in the offseason. The White Sox did not trade him to La They traded him to San Diego. In his first year as a padre, he's basically been their ace. The Dodgers salim on the thirty first of July lost that game to San Diego. Dylan Cease is a tough customer and the Dodgers will have their handful. Hopefully they get a bounce back performance from Rookie Betts and Freddy Freeman. Last night they were over at the plate. The fifteenth time this season that both Bets and Freeman went hitless at the plate. Can't happen again. Tonight, the all important Game two of this series, trying to even things up against the Padres to get back to three games ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dodgers start the night two games up on the Padres after dropping the series opener last night. A win tonight, we'll get that magic number down to two. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every La Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot commerce stop in Inn LA area Speedy Cash Store. Dodgers Padres. First pitch is coming up next. Should be a good one, a great pitching matchup. Dodgers need to win to shteak that magic number even more. First pitch is next. Enjoint, I'm Tim Kates's been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network