Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim, Michael Phelps Duckworth. I will tell you why you guys are doing well. The PGT PLO series just wrapped up yesterday, so that's going to be the heavy focus of this episode. From Tim and I. Matthew Wantman the big winner from all of it. We'll touch on that how Wantman did his success, which was pretty plentiful, and then we'll get into the PGT leaderboard and how things shake out heading into the Super High Roller Bowl PLO. Of course, we do have to update everyone on our little fantasy competition between Tim and I and then yeah, we'll talk about that Super High Rollerblele PLO. So still a very heavy PLO centric episode. So if you hate the four card game, I guess you can turn this off, you know, I guess. I guess That's how it is. The reason why I called him Michael Phelps is because Tim. Obviously people can't see this, but Tim and I are on video. He has no shirt on and he has cupping marks all over.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? I got copy obviously I heard.
Speaker 1: I mean this is hilarious because I I only saw like one video on I think Instagram of some guy who said cupping has no benefits at all. Okay, I'm just I'm just I'm just telling.
Speaker 2: You I've never done it, and I wanted to try, and I have a lingering shoulder issue from well.
Speaker 1: Those cupping marks are nowhere near your shoulder. I mean obviously there are some on your shoulder.
Speaker 2: See it's here in my trap and then my back. Anyway, I wanted to try it. It was a toss up between that and acupuncture and copying one on this occasion. I'll try acupunction next.
Speaker 1: So I have I actually have, you can't see it. I have a little acupuncture matt.
Speaker 2: I have one of those.
Speaker 1: So yeah, when I play online poker, because I play a lot of online poker tournaments. Now, every break I get up, I stand up behind me on my acupuncture matt for thirty seconds. I do some quick push ups. I do some breathing exercises on that five minute break. Actually, you know what's interesting now that I say it. I know we said we're going to talk about PLO, but hold on, we'll get back the wsp dot com. The breaks are now six minutes.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like they start the timer and it starts like five minutes and fifty something seconds, right, so you actually get an extra minute. I don't hate it, to be honest, I think it's kind of cool anyway. Just want to randomly put.
Speaker 2: That out, very random. Yeah, have you actually tried Have you tried acupuncture? Real acupunction?
Speaker 1: No? I haven't tried real acupuncture. I mean I just haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's next to me?
Speaker 1: Should I?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if copy like you said, you said something about copying not working. I've never done it. I'll let you know in a few days if i've.
Speaker 1: Me I said that based on one random person I've never met or seen before in my life. I've not researched any of this myself. I just saw a video. I am very much like TikTok news media essentially, although this was on Instagram, but same thing, same concept there As always, I would like to thank our sponsors of the Poker go A Podcast. This episode of the Poker Grol Podcast is brought to you by the upcoming poker Stars NAPT. The NAPT returns to Las Vegas this November, running November first, through tenth at Resorts World down on the Las Vegas Strip. The series is headlined by the fifty three hundred dollars buy three million dollars guaranteed main event, and the schedule has buy ins from as low as two hundred and fifty dollars all the way up to twenty five thousand dollars, so there really is something for everyone. To learn more about NAPT Las Vegas. Just head on over to Pokerstarslive dot com slash NAPT slash Las Vegas. Tim and I are planning on being there. We hope to see you there. If you are there, and if you are a poker grow podcast listener, come say hello. We love to meet the listeners out there. We really do you know, We're not just saying that. Be a lot of fun. This episode of the Poker Grol podcast is all to also excuse me, brought to you by storm X. The easiest way to earn crypto. Just head on over to stormas dot io to activate cash back offers, then start shopping online as you normally do. Just shop through the eligible vendors. You can find them on thestormas dot io website. A variety of tokens are available to earn as cash back, Bitcoin, dochcoin, and more. Earning crypto doesn't have to be hard. With storm X, earning crypto is easy. And then, for all the PLO enthusiasts out there, we're pleased to let you know that this episode is also brought to you by the Vision Gto Trainer from the great minds over at run it Once. If you're looking to crush PLO by training with the tool the pros use, then look no further than the Vision Gto Trainer. No matter what level of PLO player you are, Vision Gto Trainer can help you improve your results. For a limited time, they are offering a nice little deal here. Just head on over to run it once dot com, slash sh rb and then use the code s HRB at checkout to gain access to the most powerful PLO study tool available and get a free month of run it onces Elite video plan. As somebody who frequents the run at once video streets because I do, I do it all the time, I highly encourage the elite videos that they have from all of those incredible coaches. With this deal, you can gain access to more than eighty five hundred poker training videos, and one hundred and seventy six of those are specifically devoted to studying with Vision gto trainer. You'll learn alongside high stakes pros like Phil Galfon, Richard Greicho, and Corey Mike Sell and many many more. That's run at once dot com. Slash SHRB use the code SHRB at checkout. Check it out now, as this offer is only available for a limited time. All right, let's get in to the PGT PLO series recap. We got Matthew Wantman topping the leaderboard aka Bucky as he is known commonly amongst the poker circles. There were nine events as part of this series and Bucky cash in six of them, which is pretty damn incredible if you ask me. He also won one of the events. He won event number three, a five thousand dollars PLO event for one hundred and seventy eight thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars. The other cashes for Wantment included event number two, the pl Progressive Bounty. He got ninth place for fourteen K event number four, the ten K PLO, fourth place four ninety thousand dollars. Event number five, a fifteen K pl PKO eleventh place there for twenty two thousand dollars, and I'm guessing he probably got some bounties along the way. Event number six another ten K potlom and Omaha third place for just under one hundred and twenty thousand dollars. And then event number nine fifty one hundred dollars PLO bounty that was a single day tournament, the final tournament seventh place for Bucky, and that one for just over ten thousand dollars. All told, he won four hundred and thirty four thousand, three hundred and eighty dollars in prize money. That does not include any bounties that he might have won along the way. It also doesn't include the ten thousand dollars PGT passport that he now has in his possession and he can put to use in future PGT events. So four hundred and fifty three points for Wantman to top the leaderboard. Right behind him not too far off, Jeremy Osmas four hundred and twenty points, Alex fox In three seventy eight, Daniel legrand Who three sixty six, and Sammy Sippola three forty seven. That is the top five as things rounded out, if you want to extend it to the top ten. You had Isaac Hackson in sixth place, Ben Lamb in seventh place, Ben Tolering in eighth place. You want to Yuka Mining in ninth place, and James Chen in tenth place. A lot of really really really big names, you know, doing well at the series also, you know, showing up at the series. You know, there were obviously some big names that didn't put up a ton of results. Pretty good showing overall for the the entire series. You know, obviously the Wantman really showed out. You know, he was absolutely crushing. Had all those cases that I mentioned five in a row. He knew it was. I knew it was like three or four for sure, five in a row. I mean, what a beast, absolute beast it was. It's almost like kind of a matter of time for for Wantman. You know, he plays all of the events that we have, well, not the mixed but he plays everything else, all the PLO stuff, all the no limits stuff. He's always out there battling, always seems to be you know, kind of knocking at the door. I mean, obviously he's won some events before, but being able to become a series champion is extremely incredible, so good for him. Just quickly on the other notable happenings throughout the series. The series kicked off with Latarro Guerra, who's the O G Polo Series champ. He won event number one. Uh funny there he he beat josh a and heads up play. Josh Aray had a big chip lead, and I mean he punted it off for sure. I mean there was a couple of hands that you know, I'm sure josh would want to have back. And this isn't the first time that we've seen josh lose a big chip lead, was it? Was it the plo also or was it something else?
Speaker 2: The first ever twenty five k Maine. I think he had a big chip lead the final day.
Speaker 1: Before at at you know, in the studio, and it hasn't worked out for him. So maybe eventually, you know, josh Ai will find himself in the PGT winners circle inside the studio, grab himself one of those trophies, getting the winner's foot or all of that. But kind of blew it. And event number two or sorry, event number one, I should say, Dylan Wiseman won event number two again. What do you mean again?
Speaker 2: Well, he won event number two in March. Look at that.
Speaker 1: I mean, Dylan Wiseman's a freaking beast when it comes to PLO, absolute freaking beast. Now, Dylan Wiseman had a big chip lead in this event and did not give it up like Josh, are you? Daniel Nigran New Everyone knows Daniel event number six winner. He did it again. Daniel had a pretty good series overall five cashes he had this victory. He won more than three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in prize money, three hundred and sixty six PGT points. Tim and I will hit on the overall PGT leaderboard, but Daniel did move up on that season long leaderboard, so we'll touch on that a little bit later in this podcast. Jeremy Osmas finally winning a PGT event, his first of this year, his first of last year, his first in six one hundred and eighty four days. He won event number seven. What was that? Fifteen K? Yeah, yeah, fifteen K. He won two hundred and eighty eight thousand dollars. Long, long, long, long battle heads up with gruff Pugh Jones. I mean they battled forever. Nick Shulman got third place in that one. Nigroney made a deep run he got seventh in that event. And then we had Ben Toleering once again closing out a series in the twenty five K buy an event with a win. He did it at Poker Masters, he did it here at the PGT PLO series. So Ben Toleraing, one of the absolute all time best PLO players in the history of the game, comes in, does extremely well during the series, wins the twenty five K for just under half a million dollars. All right, So there have now been four PLO series as part of the PGT two per season over the past two seasons. Kind of similar turnouts and results from all of them. The first one had nine events, one seventy nine entries, nine and fifty thousand dollars in prize money. The second one had ten events, nine hundred and sixty eight entries nine point almost nine point seven million dollars in prize money. The third one ten events, again nine hundred and sixteen entries, more than just over eight point seven million dollars in prize money. The fourth one, this is the one that just wrapped up nine events, nine hundred and sixty five entries, eight point five four or five million dollars in prize money.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: You, sir, are the PGT commissioner. You are the brains behind the PGT PLO series. How do you feel this one went as it compares to some of the others.
Speaker 2: I think this, I mean, look, all these PLO series are pretty amazing. We have people coming from all over the world to come play PLO for ten days straight and it is great to see new faces, old faces, people that we only see you know, twice a year. Really, plus the world series come to the studio to play PLO. So this series, I think it was a great turnout. We obviously had some events going on, you know, big events around the world that affective numbers such as EBT Cyprus, and we still you know, broke some not broke records, but we still set some pretty big field sizes in these events that you know, really really impressed me. Especially like we look at the five K we had, you know, one hundred and fifty five player field. Twice, we had one hundred and fifty nine entrant field and they were you know, top five biggest five k's we've done in Omaha. Even with the ten k's we had you know, a couple of hundred player fields, a couple of one hundred entrant field sorry that you know, was top five ever for a ten K. So it shows a PELO is still popular. Players are coming down wanting to play this, and you know, like we've kind of touched on the podcast to us you know, a few series summaries. We still have a lot of people missing, a lot of people traveling, you know, deciding to skip a series here or there to try something different, and that's okay, you'll come back eventually, come back to where the real, the real, the real men play, real men and women play. But yeah, I was extremely happy with how everything went.
Speaker 1: Is this the best PGTPLO series schedule you've put together or you know, because obviously through the I think through the first three, I would say that, you you know, you obviously got player feedback and then kind of change some things. Is this the best one? Would you just take this one and copy paste for the next one, or is there something that you're looking to change, you know, possibly that you've heard from the players that you want to adapt for the next iteration of this series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first few we had some split pot like we had some Omaha High Low in there, we kind of realized that, hey, this is a high only series. Let's so guess, let's get rid of this high low. We even tried like a dealer's choice, let's get rid of that. We're just all in on the high there. You know a couple of comments about the schedule for this time was we did go from a ten to a fifteen, back to a ten, back to a fifteen. A little bit confusing. That was done for a reason. But I can understand the flow of steadily increasing buy ins being a little more popular, so will probably make that change. I thought this schedule was the best of all four. However, I think the next schedule I've already done it. It's ready, it's in the works. I think it's going to be better than ever. And hopefully these guys that you know, I've already kind of briefed them on it. I'm pretty excited to try this one new event we're going to do and yeah, hopefully they all come back in March.
Speaker 1: What about even number seven from this time around, because it took place on a Sunday, fifteen day by in potlam and Omaha. Sixty four entries. Do you so basely what I'm getting at For those that don't know, for the major PGT events Poker Girl Cup, USPO and Poker Masters, we skip Sundays. We don't go on Sundays, but we've been going on Sundays for these other non nakers calling the miners if you want whatever, I don't know. PGT plusories should be a freaking.
Speaker 2: Majrix for numbers to say it's a major.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. So are are are we going to go on Sundays next time? Like, what's what's the kind of the thought process? There was there any feedback from the players, you know, I mean obviously now, especially because it was you know, it's kind of interesting because before you answer, you know, we it's football season, so obviously a lot of these guys watch football, They bet on it, all that sort of stuff. So like, on one hand, you know, you have players that are like I just want to stay at home or wherever I am, go to a sports book, maybe friend's house, whatever, watch a bunch of the games, bet on them, chill out.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, I mean, we had the TVs had football all over them. They were on the big monitors, the huge led Wall, so like it was, it was a cool atmosphere to be in there and be playing. So so yeah, what are your thoughts there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, originally the Sundays off was due to a couple of factors. You know, obviously football Obviously for the not limbic guys, Sundays were pretty popular on WSP dot com, so that was the reason we took Sundays off. It's also was great for i think staff, both US and ARIA to have that little day break in between a series. So heading into next season, it's something we're going to do across the board in all our series, specifically requested from ARIA. It just helps us scheduling. We also see really good numbers after the day off. You know, you give these players their own chance to just reset, they come back and gamble it up even more so, whether it's the PLO series or PGT Last Chance, the Mix Game series and our majors, we're going to be Sundays off going forward. So that's that's definitely one big change for the PGT for next season, and some other little things obviously. I mean, if anyone's been on social today and seeing Daniel grind and call me out for owing him seventy thousand dollars. We're going to make some small tinkerings, and we were already planning to do this, you know, slight adjustment to the points for when it comes to bounties. You know, we're also going to make some small adjustments to points for the different buy in such as the fifteen k and fifty ks. And you know, we're going to have a little look at the payouts for these bigger fields because once you hit those like one P fifty, you know, around that those payouts they're a little they're not great, so we want to maybe just tweak them a bit. But yeah, the change is coming for next season. Always happy to hear feedback from players and have whether it's healthy discussions or nonhealthy discussions. We're always open to, you know, trying to put on the best product for these guys, because at the end of the day, it's I see it as there to her. You know, we're just we're just building it for them, but it's them that's playing and putting up the money and spending hundreds of thousand dollars to try and win some PGT titles.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a suggestion. It just came to me right now. Okay, it's specific to the PLO series, so it it aligns here. Okay, next year, when we do the PLO series and we have Sunday off, we should like organize some sort of big golf outing for all the players and like send some cameras there and do like a whole thing. All these guys, like.
Speaker 2: You mean the six people that play golf.
Speaker 1: No, there's a lot of them that that I think play. All the Finns play. There's three or four of them. You have Jonas Cromwerd, or you have Sean Winter, Nick Shulman plays golf, like Livingston, Like all these guys golf. Yeah, like you like eight to ten of them, And it could kind of be like you know, going back in the day when they had like the nuts or whatever the heck it was on WSP, Like you know, like we'll make like some content. We'll send Antonio out there with his cameras and like we'll just have fun with it, some kind of Ben Lamb plays golf, All these guys golf, Like you know, it'd be kind of cool. But yeah, I think it would only really work for like the PLO series because like they a lot of the guys like they make a whole thing of like the golf and the poker. I mean, the Finns came out. They played in this Raiders one hundred and fifty thousand dollars tournament the weekend before, Like they were in that scramble. I know, Sean Winter was going over to their villa, you know, hitting on the putting green in the mornings beforehand, so like they're they're all into it. So that would be a cool little kind of twist because are golf, Like he'd be in there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people play golf. It's it's also you know, next series is going to be late March, around March Madness, so there is basketball to watch, you know for some people. But yeah, I like this idea. We'll get tickering and trying to figure out how to execute something pretty some fun content.
Speaker 1: You mentioned already having the schedule lined up next PLO series? Are we still sticking with two per season?
Speaker 2: So two? And look, I've gone back and forth. I would I feel it's weird to have to a season. I feel like the second one or whatever, the first one should have some difference as in, like maybe it's all higher buyings. Maybe it's we'll call it something else. But like you look at these numbers, they're so successful. It's just like one who cares if there's two three, They still get good numbers. So like for now, yeah, we're going to have a one and a two one in March, one in the fall, and yeah, they could be the same schedules, but I think people like people like the schedule. They want to come out and play. They don't get these PLO series anywhere else in the world except for one series in Rasvedov. So yeah, I don't see us at all at all changing what we're doing right now.
Speaker 1: Any notable feedback from the players that you want to share, anything that sticks out.
Speaker 2: It's weird because I did have some complaints about this. You know, we do this twenty five K main event, they play twelve levels, they come back the next day with two tables, and even in the mix game series, we've scheduled something on the final day to give people that are traveling an option to play something. And we've done a few different things with PLO. We've done a two K five card, We've done a five K Dealer's Choice, We've done a five K five card. I believe and they haven't been great this one, you know, we made the decision to just put something kind of normal. We did a five K Bownie normal bounty, so two K per person knockout. And even though a lot of players like to argue with me yesterday, it was always this event and previous finale events have always been part of the Points Race. So what that meant was Jeremy Osmus, Jesse Lonis, Alex Foxon, Matthew Weman, we're all playing this event. One of those players I'm not going to say his name, fired a lot of bullets in an effort to win the Player of the Series. But I think it was a success. It had eighty four entrants. I would say that's pretty good for a one day bounty turbo five k.
Speaker 1: I need to correct you, Okay, it had sixty nine entrance and Daniel Lgrini sure because he fired fifteen bullets.
Speaker 2: Tim's day. I was going to say, he's already called me out, but yeah, I think it was. I think it was both a very successful event. You know, we had four hundred and twenty k in the prize school and made the Points Race still active because you know, Nigrano had to win and fade certain positions, certain finishes from Matt Wantman, while also at the final table we had both Bemba and Sammy needing to win to overtake Wantment. Plus it was Fox and had a sweat. You know, it made the points race like interesting, even though it was in two different rooms, two different events. But I get what the what the players are saying. It's like it makes more sense to end with the main event, but like it's hard to argue against these numbers, and like when we go to finalize the schedule, why would we want to kill an event that had you know, eighty four entrants in four hundred and twenty k in the prize pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean for me, it's it's I see both sides. I obviously saw the turnout. It was great. You know, there was obviously the names that you mentioned. Those players would normally skip that final event. You know, in past when that final event hasn't counted, they like the bigger name players just don't show up. I mean, yeah, Hans down. So that's that's how it is. That said, you know, it's I do think you should end on the twenty five K, But you know, the business person in me says, I mean, you like that revenue, you like those numbers, like you like that sort of stuff. I also like the fact that it makes so like most of the time on the final day when the twenty five K Final Table or Final Day is happening, the studio is dead, like the atmosphere is dead because there's not all that stuff going on, Like you don't have all these extra you know, events happening in players and whatnot. So yeah, I mean maybe the solution, and this really only works for like this series, would be to run the ten K satellite for Super High Rollable on this day, right, so then the room is still like lively, you think a lot of those players would probably still fire it, like like maybe that's the option and then and then kick off the Super High Rollable the following day. But obviously that you know, it's a quick turnaround and stuff like that. So I will also say that, like, I mean, there was a chance that like we would have signed off from the twenty five K stream and not known who the winner was, which I think I think is a little bit awkward. So like, you know, I think like part of me says, like we should stream the final table of whatever that final event is. But then it's also kind of like a really big step down because you're going from twenty five k to then that. So it's it's interesting, I kind I mean, I don't hate how it turned out, you know, I just I don't know if there's something better or not. So it's just, yeah, it's tricky.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's a correct answer here, because you can argue every side of this.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, exactly. I mean I maybe just have the satellite on that day.
Speaker 2: Well that yeah, that works for the October one, But what are you doing March? True? True?
Speaker 1: I mean could you have a Could you have like a twenty five k single day?
Speaker 2: You could, but that's a lot of points that does.
Speaker 1: But then you would plan to stream both of them.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I mean yeah, as possible. I just it's just a little weird having two twenty five ks and one being a main event, one being like a hypotobo.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, in these twenty five k hyperturbles everywhere every who cares you.
Speaker 2: True, I would say that this points race was a lot closer than some previous ones, so it did make the final event much more of a sweat we've had other events. You think the first one, Latara won three events, just killed everybody. Sammy killed everybody in his one. Daniel Geng had to basically crush the main event to win. This one was a little different, where it was like five or six people that had a realistic shot on that final day and not needing insane results, you know. So it was very different this time, and I guess it's just a part of the variance of the leaderboard and and awarding.
Speaker 1: A player of the series. I loved the PLO series. I mean I I didn't I thought it would be a success originally, you know, I just thought that PLO had gotten to a point the community was kind of like, in a way, asking for this. There was a lot of talk out there that made us think that this would work. So I never thought that it would be unsuccessful. That said, I didn't think that I would like it as much as I do like And I think that, you know, Daniel Legrand, who put out a couple of tweets late last night that I, you know, I just kind of want to reference. I think I tweeted something out that like, I love the PLO series. It's just so much fun. With all these guys. But what Daniel said is the PLO Red crew is my favorite crew. I'm one of the few who hangs in the high stakes. Nolan At hold them Slash PLO and Mixed Turney Streets and the PLO bunch are the nuts. The camaraderie is real. The Finns and the other Euros who come are all class just really fun group of guys. Sick talents too. He then quoted that and added to it he said crew observations, and then he put a bunch of questions and gave his answers complains the most mixed, has the most gamble PLO, happiest crew PLO, smokes the most weed PLO has the most money toss up, but definitely not the Mixed crew, highest myths. Nolam At hold them slowest crew, nolim At hold them friendliest crew PLO by a wide margin. And then he said, if you are curious about the answer to the other questions about the various crews asked below, and I'll get to it. But yeah, I mean the pl crew PLO crew is is just it's like so much fun. Yeah, these guys just they have a blast. They're all kind of you know, just just gambling, having fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's there's something to it where I mean, like a lot of these guys are cash grinders. There's just I don't I don't think at this point there's enough PLO tournaments to like just make yourself a PLO tournament pro. So you do have to have that that bread and butter be cash games. So then this is kind of like more of an event to get together of everyone that that you know, frequents the cash games, you know, So it's it's a little bit more of a celebration and less of a grind, you know, as part of it. I love the gamble aspect and I think that plays into the whole competition and enthusiasm that is involved here. I mean, I'll definitely agree with Daniel that like the slowest crew is Nolan hold them and the complaints the most is the mixed I think that's both those things are givens. The only thing I might challenge Daniel on is highest percentage of knits. I mean the mixed game crew might.
Speaker 2: Be mixed guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean all of the hold of them guys are definitely knits. I mean, you know for sure most of them, but but who knows. I mean, the the PLO guys are They're just out there just blasting, just having a freaking time. So yeah, anyway, I thought that was interesting coming from Daniel. But I I love this series. I think it's great, got a lot of fun in there. I'm one of the one of the untold stories I guess would be Nacho Barbaro playing PLO while sweating all the sports bets that he has. I mean, this guy bets on everything everything. Yeah, he was at final tables sweating whatever games he put on a little monitor next to the table harder than he was sweating the action at the table. I mean, it was Natcho was just He's in the action.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun. It was absolutely so much fun. PGT leaderboard updates. Obviously, lots of points were won during the PGTP series. Jeremy Osmas remains up on top. He's now up to two thy seven hundred and eighty nine points, so he has a lead of more than seven hundred points with Daniel Negron new in second place. Ozmas has he now has one win he won at number seven at this PLO series. He has twenty five cases more than five point eight million dollars one on the PGT this year. As I mentioned, Negron new in second. He's got three wins, twenty one cashes just under two point four million dollars one. What are the notable movements? What do we got happening here? I know you have a lot of different colors on this leaderboard. That so how it's all shaken out?
Speaker 2: Now? Yeah? Big, you know Big, you already touched on. Ozma's kind of extending his lead, you know. Negronda moving into second is pretty big. Two kind of under the radar moves first of all, Joe Sarrock picking up. He's third cash, so he's not eligible for the PGT Million Dollar Championship for real. He's nineteenth place, so he's pretty much locked in. He's aware of the championship. He's good. Ben Toleraane, he jumped up into eighteenth place. Obviously, he won the twenty five K. Pokemons is twenty five k here, he is aware of the championship. That was the first question he had after winning the twenty five k. So he's, you know, ready for that one.
Speaker 1: Jordan Griff let me let me hop in here. So PGT Championship. We've obviously talked about it many times. Million dollar free role at the end of the season. Five hundre k first place prize open to the top forty players on the PGT leaderboard. But you have to have at least three PGT cashes. Okay, we put that in there, so you know, you can't just like final table tows Man event and you're in. You know, you actually have to like put forth some effort. So Tim's pointing to those three cashes. There are a handful of people in the top forty that don't have three yet. There were some that got their third during the PLO series, so that's something to keep an eye on specifically as we are in this kind of home stretch now the PGT. You know these players that are out here saying like, Okay, I got to get this third cash. I got to get in there because I have enough points, I just need to find the next cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, Jordan griff he got his second cash, so he's very aware of the of the scenario. So obviously one more to go, plenty more chances for him.
Speaker 1: If you're chasing that like third cash, aren't you shouldn't you just Max lay rege and basically fold fold to cash.
Speaker 2: I think the best way to do it is, actually, you know, we're probably gonna talk about this a little later, but go to Texas and play the Texas Peeler roundup, play the main event, Max late the turbo, and for three K, which is significantly cheaper than five and ten whatever else we're doing in the studio, potentially min cash the main event there and then that's your third cash. That's the easiest way to do it.
Speaker 1: I think literally that still involves Max Late rege, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but like Max lay Reggie, twenty five or ten or five can still be expensive and it still takes a while. I'm talking about a three K turbo that is a couple hours like of play versus you know, five, six, seven hours of play.
Speaker 1: Why don't you touch on? I mean, do you have any other one that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, A big couple you know is Sammy Sapilia, who's now twenty ninth on the leaderboard. We chatted a little bit. He understands like he may fall out. He's not going to be playing anything that gives him more points at this stage, so he's going to be watching the leaderboard same with his fellow finish Plostar Ls Persinian down in thirty six, more likely to fall out. But then you have people that jumped into the top forty. You know, we're talking about Alex fox and we have Sean Winter in there now, Jonathan Little moved up with his event one cash. So I think people now we're hitting the business and are very aware of the top forty. They understand the rules, they understand you know, what's they're asking us what's next, what's coming up? So we're you know, trying to get that out there maybe the next week to so that people can finalize their schedules and make a run at you know, qualifying for this million dollar free roll. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know, Alex Foxon finally got into the top forty. I mean I feel like he's Alex obviously plays everything that the has other than the you know, the mixed games. I mean he even comes out for a couple of those, but it just hasn't really worked out for him in terms of getting results. But he is now within the top forty, currently sitting in thirty fifth place, So I think that that's that that's notable. Red Linn has kind of been bouncing around the PGT. You know, he's been in. He's been playing all of our stuff. Then he's been skipping stuff for some epts and Trenton's and whatnot, and he's played some of our stuff. So he's kind of been all over the place. Yeah, but he's sitting forty third. So if things ended right now, he would be in due to the people, some people ahead of him, you know, not reading the qualification requirements. That said, you know, he still does need to earn a couple of points. Matthew Wantman is moving up very nicely after all the success that he just had at the PGT PLO series. So I kind of keep an eye on on all of that as as it goes forward. I know Brian Kim is sixteenth right now, he's got enough points, he still needs a third cash. I did talk with him recently. You know, he's going to be trying to to hit some stuff. He can't come out for the NPT stuff, but last chance, you know, he's kind of looking at that to come out for those events. Obviously, those are super popular. Right before the PGT Championship event, as the name suggests, it's the last chance to get in, so that will be happening, and yeah, you know, I think it's a it's a fun little race. I like it, you know, kind of a little bit further outside of the top forty. You got Eric's Sidell on sixtieth place, and you got Jeremy Beck who's been playing many more PGT events. He's in sixty first place. Who else? We got Dan Shack in seventy third. You have Sam Silverell in seventy six, David Peters in seventy seventh, So I mean, all these people could kind of make runs. They play the events, right, Andrew Lichtenberger eighty fourth, John Reard in eighty eighth, so you know, they play all the stuff, just haven't really had the results to get up into the top forty. So we'll see how that goes. We've been told by Jonathan Tomile that he's going to be playing in Texas. He needs a third cash. Uh you know, he's got a ton of points. He obviously won the ws BE main event. That was a boatload of points right there. He needs a third cash, so we'll see if he's able to get it. I hope Victor Blam knows about it. I hope Phil Ivey knows about it.
Speaker 2: Phil Ivey has no idea.
Speaker 1: Let's go, guys, come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's the PGT leaderboard. It's obviously dot com. Everything is up to date there, so you guys can check it out and see how this goes. We have the Super High Rollable kicking off tomorrow, Tim, Tim and I are going to hit on that on this episode. It'll be the last thing that we talk about, but that's coming up. We have there's two events as part of the NAPT and then obviously Last Chance and and whatnot, and then if anything else gets announced, you can find it on the various Poker Grow and Poker Grow Tour channels. The biggest news of the podcast, we have to update everyone on our little fantasy shenanigans between you and I. So we drafted seven players each for the PGT PLO series, Super High Rollerable PLO, the two n APT events, and then the Texas PLO A round up. We did say, or I did say that the one rule was if if you're if anyone on your team doesn't cash during the PLO series, then you can drop one of those players and add someone new. You, being the PGT commissioner and having talked to everyone and really knowing who's coming and who's not. Somehow drafted someone who didn't show up at all for the pilos.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was having Greencot issues at the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, too bad. Jos Samoo did not show up and play a single event, so he didn't cash. So you have the option to drop him. Oh, he's getting dropped someone else.
Speaker 2: So my team.
Speaker 1: My team is Elis Parson and Daniel LeGrande, Bryce Jockey, Alex Sox and Sean Troja, Jesse Lonis and Nick Shulman. You have Jeremy Osmas, Josh Aria, Jim Collape, Dylan Wiseman, Ronald Kaiser, Jousamoo and Alan Lee. We have three categories, Most PGT points, most wins, and most cases. I'm up two to one in the categories points. I'm ahead twelve hundred and seventy five to nine to twenty six. Let's go. I'm also up in cash is twenty one to fifteen. You are up in wins two to one. You have who Ozmas and Wiseman really.
Speaker 2: Be three wins? Aria didn't choke.
Speaker 1: On Remember what are you gonna do? I mean, I had a couple of close callses. Well, yeah, Nivaron you had I mean Degn who got a win, but he also had several deep runs. Troja had a third, Showman had a third Fox and had a third and a second I believe, so so yeah, so you get to drop Jousamoo. Who are you picking up?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends what I'm trying to achieve here. Do I just try and extend my lead for the wins? Or am I trying to catch you in points? If I'm trying to catch you in points, I really should draft for Super High roller Ball plow only. So I was throw out some names like Ben Lamb Mode, damn any Finnish guy, that's who I should draft if I'm trying to Yeah, if I'm trying to catch you on points, But if I'm trying to win, all I gotta think about this. I got a Super High roller Ball, I got two n apts, and I got four events in Texas. Right, So I find someone that gives me the most chance to get the most results, and I'm not going to drop to no limit only guy like David Coleman or rom Zobian because I'm only getting two events out of him.
Speaker 1: Hey, Coleman played PLO, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he.
Speaker 1: Did.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he's going to go to Texas, right So, I think if.
Speaker 1: David Coleman, or if anyone out there is listening who's in a similar bucket as David Coleman, if you have an ounce of card sense, you should be in series. All I hear is how insane this these games are. The series is like, so you just have to go, even if even if you don't think the PLO is your best game, or if you think, okay, I might not have what it takes. I mean, if I didn't have a family, I would be in Texas put it out, playing PLO. I would be trying to figure it out, okay, I mean cramming the vision GGO trainer and getting my ass to Texas. That's what I would be doing.
Speaker 2: I think I've got to guarantee two cashes in Texas already, Collop and Kaijer they're going to play every flight of the main So I'm going to creep up to you on the cash is like, as he's told me, I am going to draft. I'm having a lot of issues with right now because he hasn't been playing in our studio, but these events are not in These events are not in our studio. And I know he already told me he's probably going to Texas. He also plays no limit hold him, he's not playing one hundred K. I'm drafting Adam Hendrix. Welcome to the team.
Speaker 1: Wow, Adam Hendricks. I thought you're going to say Sean Deep.
Speaker 2: No, had no chance. He's dead to me too, Adam.
Speaker 1: Where was Adam Hendrix? He played?
Speaker 2: He played a few of the events of his jam. Yeah. I think he's, you know, got big, and he wants to not play so big. So I think he'll play both n APT events. I think he'll if he you know, if unless he's lying, he goes to Texas, I think I can get a cash. Possibly he could win a hi rolla, get some points. So that's my that's Is there.
Speaker 1: Any chance the Finns in that group go to Texas.
Speaker 2: No, I already told them about it. They're like, yeah, that we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I didn't. I didn't think that they would. But I still took a shot on drafting Elis Parson and yeah, just because I thought he would have some success during the.
Speaker 2: Series Role po you tweeted out about this draft, and a few people chimed dating, concluding Bryce, Yucky and Negranova, and they said, why didn't you draft Yoni? Well, he skipped the last series because he's like having a baby, so we couldn't, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean my thought, little mask on I was going to draft one of the Finns with a pretty good idea that I was only going to get them for PLO series and Super High rollerble Plow and that was it. I didn't think that they would stick around to play the NPT stuff. They're going to go back. They're obviously not an olymic guys anyway, And I didn't think they were going to go to Texa just because that stuff isn't big enough. Yeah, so I just took a shot with one of them. I didn't want to allocate two roster spots to that. I mean, I have I mean, I don't think Niroonie is going to Texas, so you know, I'm I'm kind of out there, but I'm I'm really banking on Sean Troja in Texas. That feels like his jam. Huh okay, I mean that feels like his jam. Yeah, I have no idea if Alex fox is gonna go to Texas either. But Alex Foxen might just win the the twenty five k at n apt if he plays that. Who knows. We'll say you have Adam Hendrix added to the team. I like your side more than I like my side going forward, but I'll just have to get first, second, and third and one hundred k and and this nonsense. So yeah, all right, let's take a short break. Need to thank a couple more sponsors. First up, thanks to the World Poker Tour, you could be playing in a record setting a five million dollar free roll this December, and it's all in support of the Club WPT Gold launch. If you missed the episode where Tim and I talked about the Club WPT Gold news, you guys can go back a couple episodes and listen to that for your chance to be one of the lucky ones competing in the biggest poker free roll of all time live in Las Vegas. There is a one million dollar first place prize on the line. All you have to do is sign up for free. The only way to enter this historic event is with a golden passport. To win yours, head on over to clubwptgold dot com and sign up now again. It is completely free, use the promo code poker Go so that they know that we sent you again totally free, only takes a couple minutes of your time. Tim and I have both already done it, so maybe we'll get a golden passport. And there have been a couple a couple poker Go subscribers have been in the chat for the streams and they've already won gold and passport, So you know, poker Go subscribers will be out there and hopefully they take this damn thing down. We'd also like to thank new sponsor Calshie, home to the first legal exchange in the US where you can trade on the outcome of the upcoming election right now on calshi dot com, markets are available for who will win the presidential election, who will control the House and Senate, who will win swing states, and much much more. They even have things like will Taylor Swift be the most streamed artist of all time? What will the weather in Chicago be U this this weekend? Like they have markets for everything. What's the Rotten Tomatoes score for Glady eight or two? I mean, there is markets for everything on calshi dot com own the outcome today. Head on over to calshet dot com slash poker go and sign up now. All right, Super High Roller Bowl PLO kicks off tomorrow. It is Wednesday, October twenty third. The event runs October twenty four through October twenty six. Super High rollerble poo is presented by Vision gto Trainer, powered by that run it once team as mentioned earlier, this time the time is now to take advantage of a special offer from run at once. Had to run it once dot com slash shrb and use the code SHRB at checkout so you can gain access to Vision gto Trainer. It's the most powerful PLO study tool available and you'll also get a free month of run it Once's elite video plan SHARBPLO one hundred thousand dollars buy in is it flat one hundred or is one hundred and some.
Speaker 2: One hundred and one hundred thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 1: One hundred thousand, five hundred. October twenty four through twenty six three days of streaming. Last year had thirty eight entries. Jared Blesnik won it all for one million, two hundred and ninety two thousand dollars. I told Remco I think it was yesterday, maybe they day before on livestream commentary that it's going to get forty six entries. Wow, so what do you think.
Speaker 2: I think the schedule lines up, Yeah, it lines up better obviously, I just want to get more entries, So thirty nine I'm good with. I'm actually well, maybe a little more pessimistic, to be honest. You know, Dylan Lindy said he's not playing. That's one entry gone. Bleslig said, I'm not sure, which I think is a lie, but which I think is a lie. And he was out there, I know, I know, you know. We have a satellite going right now, so I've told people before I've always cheer for the people not likely to play. So we'll get results from that soon and hopefully we get some going.
Speaker 1: On that satellite. Two seats, oh sweet, last year give away two seats as well last year, or even lou Garza. Yeah, where's lou Garza?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly where's lu Gaza. I'm wondering, you know, like I saw some of the people playing the satellite. I don't really want, you know, Ren lean or Jesse Lonis to win the satellite because they're probably going to play anyway. But Samuel Sternfield, he was in the satellite, Eric saidel one of my one of those guys winning, because I don't think that we're going to play the hundred on their own dime. So yeah, I would just I'm just hoping for thirty nine, to be honest. But you know, we made some rule changes. The sate is closed, no, no, it's yeah, registrations because yeah, it's I think there's final five left.
Speaker 1: I think okay, yeah, but last year was twenty entries, so we already got an uptick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, let's go. Look. We also made some changes to the structure. You know, we we'd have day two registration this year, so you know, if you're sitting over in the East Coast, you can fly in on day two in the morning register get in. We didn't do that last year, so that's one change that may actually help the optick. So hey, man, I just I just want more than last year. Just give me thirty nine and I'll be a happy camp on.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, come on, all of these guys from the Polo Series are going to play, right.
Speaker 2: You would hope, So we hope they will play. We hope they will put into the.
Speaker 1: Bullets playing Alex Fox and playing the Grand New Plane, simple of playing Haxton Lamb, Tolering Yona, Yuka Mine and all playing Nacho for sure, playing.
Speaker 2: Nacho put something on Instagram was like after he busted the last the twenty five guys next event is trying know something stop.
Speaker 1: Whatever calling him off to him and him and Blessnik who might be playing the Triton Invitational thingy together, which would just be an absolute great I mean, we're getting a couple of new guys. Gruff, Pugh Jones.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming why would.
Speaker 1: He come out here. I mean, I'm assuming he's playing. He's a big PLO guy, Martin dam playing. I would be curious about Sean Rafael. Did he play this twenty.
Speaker 2: Five g he did? I think yes, And.
Speaker 1: You're getting you're getting Parson, and you're getting Yoka Mine, and you're getting Duek, You're getting kron Witter, You're getting simple All. You're like that crew, right, you're getting Richard Greicho, assuming you're getting Yockey John reared In. I would think yes, I mean you get you're getting Maximov. Yeah, I mean I think it's a good, good crew and then I think last year we had a couple of guys that like didn't play like anything smaller, they only played that. Like I've heard Phil Galfond is playing this. Maybe you get Jason Kuhn comes out and plays it. Yea, So so yeah, I think it'll be a good uh a good turn. I'm sticking with forty six.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hope you hit that number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go. And how many re entries can you have?
Speaker 2: One? One re entry? Didn't play it last year, right, he did not, and he is playing, so that just one one right there?
Speaker 1: So wait, have you given a number? You said you want thirty nine? But what is your number?
Speaker 2: Thirty nine?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh? All right, well, is there any surprises of people who are here that might play, any notables missing that you know won't play.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I think we'll kind of wrap with off some of the people that we expecting to play. Hopefully we get you know, we do get a field goalt fund and we do get a Jason Kuhne coming in to play this. So I don't know, maybe there's some other people that might fly in just for this one event, like a tallal who knows. Yeah, I guess we'll see tomorrow when we walk in the studio and hopefully see some see some new faces. Putting up one hundred.
Speaker 1: K three straight days of streaming. As I mentioned earlier on Thursday, October twenty fourth, streaming will start at nine thirty pm Eastern times six thirty pm Pacific time, and then on Friday and Saturday stream starts at five pm Eastern time two pm Pacific time. Remco Rinkima is gonna be leading the way. Alex Livingston and Brent Hanks on the call, So that means Livingston's not playing.
Speaker 2: I guess unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be it's gonna be fun, it's gonna be enjoyable. I'm becoming more and more enamored with PLO. I just really really like it. So maybe I'll start playing something. But either way, I'm very much looking forward to watching this one play out. My number is forty six, and it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Happen, sir, Okay, I hope it does.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great. Come on, all right, you got anything else? You got a family, fought? You got anything?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I do not right now?
Speaker 1: Good. I thought it was interesting that I listened to the Bill Simmons podcast recently, and Bill Simmons is basically my idol. But he had kind of a parent corner that was a complaint about people who bring their dogs to youth sports tournaments. And I have the same complaint about people who bring dogs to poker tournaments.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will second that no dogs, no dogs poker.
Speaker 1: Sorry if you have a dog, and I have two dogs, as you guys here, okay, so, but I will not be bringing them anywhere near poker because I don't think that that's right. All right, that's gonna do it for Tim and I tune in for the Super High Rollable PLO please, and yeah, I guess next time you'll hear from us is after Super High Rollable PLO. Hopefully Tim gets some audio from the winner. That would be cool. I'm gonna say the winner is Isaac Hackson. Who's your winner? Who's your winner?
Speaker 2: Modern? Damn?
Speaker 1: Martin Dams out of nowhere? All right, cool Martin dam All right, you have Martin dam, I have Isaac Axson. But most importantly, we need to sweat our fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks, that's going to do it for us until next time. I'll talk to you guys later.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Chenne Express
Speaker 2: H