Speaker 1: Times match we have today, your betbuilders hang away a thread here, Relax, relax, they still need one more goal.
Speaker 2: Well if it loses, nov BET's got your covered. Novie Besh is the home of the betbuilder. This World Cup from goalscorers to cards. Get the fast value on every match, plus get money back as a pree bash.
Speaker 3: If your bet builder loses on the.
Speaker 2: Biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy euros in pre bets nov Bash. More power to you. Teacenc's Apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly Gamblingcare dot Ie.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Yes, my friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of bus Learn whose rush Hour the fastest hour in American media. Today there was news. There's news every day, but today there was news. This is what it sounded like the moment that the smoke was seen at the Sistine Chapel. Yes, my friends, and the world would soon know who it was that had been selected. Cardinal Robert Privos became the first American pope today now known as Pope Leo the fourth the fourteenth, Neo the fourteenth. I do know how to read my ex's i's and v's yes. So what do we know about the new Pope, Well, there was much to do. There is much to do about the fact that he was born in the United States of America, born in the USA, known as the Latin Yankee because he ministered to people south of the border in Peru for twenty years, So he's a Yankee. He's Latin, but he's still a Yankee. We also know that the new Pope has is no stranger to social media and ladies and gentlemen. He has views apparently things that have been retweeted that some of you might be concerned with, things that seemed to be a carry on perhaps from the last punt iff. But in picking this is the Washington Post and picking the sixty nine year old provotes the Peppal conclave in Rome looked past allegations that he had mishandled or failed to act on sexual abuse cases involving priest and both Perieu and the United States. He was selected despite being an enigma to cardinals, especially to American cardinals, because he spent his life outside of the United States, says John Marsh, a theologian, and I'm a priest who has been in Rome to observe the transition as a Fox News contributor. Prevost's childhood deep in Chicago's south Side. Now, if you know about Chicago like I know about Chicago, the south side, well, let me put it like this. The south Side isn't the Gold Coast. There's the Gold Coast of Chicago, and there's the south Side. He grew up worshiping at Saint Mary's of the Assumption Church on East one hundred and thirty seventh Street. Local media have reported that his father, of French and Italian ancestry, was an educator who served in the church as a catechist, and that his mother, of Spanish ancestry, was a library and members of the clergy would come often to his family's home for his mom's tasty cooking. According to The Pillar, a Catholic media project. Now in his youth, he served as an altar boy, went to the parish school, seminary high school, attended Villanova, graduated with a bachelor's in mathematics. This is one smart guy, by the way. He was ordained five years later, completed a doctorate in canon law at the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas in Rome. Two decades later he served was serving for the next two decades in Peru missionary parish priest. He is fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and French Latin. I don't know whether he speaks Latin or not. I don't know. Do you speak Latin? No? No? Okay. Twice elected top top leader of the centuries old Order of Saint Augustine or Augustine Have your Way. Its website describes the international Order as living together in harmony, being of one mind and one heart, on the way to God, calling nothing your own, and living communally, communal living yes, well, monks. After all, then are they going to details about the two allegations of sexual house shall we say matters? First case? Twenty five years ago he led the Augustinian Province of Chicago. A priest who church leaders finally had sexually abused miners was allowed to stay at an Ungustian monastery near a Catholic elementary school. Excuse me. The Vatican has denied that Prevot ever authorized that arrangement. More recently, questions were raised about his knowledge of abuse allegations in the Chicklio diocese during his tenure as a bishop to preach. There were accused of molesting three young girls, and a complaint this year by the survivors network of those abused by priest Snap alleged that Prevotes failed to open an an investigation and that he sent inadequate information about this to Rome. The Vatican again denies that he did anything wrong, given the YAO yeah, anyway, he has an extensive history that is being looked at. Some of the We'll learn more about him in the coming days. Headlined from uh, let's see the hill. New Pope a previously shared criticism of Trump administration on social media. Well isn't that interesting? Corno Robert Privos, who became the first American pope on Thursday, frequently used social media to subtly push back on the Trump administration and its policies. A review of his previous post on the social media platform x shows prevosts now known as Pope Leo the fourteen shared columns that disputed Vice President Vance's interpretation of Christian Ordodo Amoris ranking Orders of Love in February, linked to an article that lambasted Trump's anti immigrant rhetoric as dangerous. In twenty fifteen, and he reposted messages against the death penalty, migrant deportations, and congresses in action on gun laws after deadly shootings. He discussed his approach to and careful use of social media in twenty twenty three in an interview with the Vatican News Service. Social media can be an important tool to communicate the Gospel message, reaching millions of people at the same time, he says, the world today, which is constantly changing, present situations where we really have to sink several times before speaking or writing a message on Twitter in order to answer or even just to ask questions in a public form in full view of everyone. Sometimes there is a risk of fueling divisions and controversy. H Well, New Pope previously shared criticism of Trump administration HM Daily Mail Today, Breaking News, breaking news, Breaking news. New Pope Robert Praywos tweets about Trump and JD. Vance resurface and reveal exactly what he thinks of My God.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 3: The new Pope may be American, but he's no fan of President Donald Trump. According to his social media post. Chicago born and Cardinal Robert Privos was elected as the first American Pope, becoming the religious leader of the Catholics across the globe. His latest last retweet of April fourteenth Slams slams the Trump administration's deportation of undocumented migrant and Maryland resident. That should be Maryland father, Maryland resident kilmar Abrego gotta sea to L Salvador, say what kill mar Abrego? Gotta seea in the thirteen apparently has as fans. The post reads.
Speaker 6: Get ready for this? Please just get ready? Okay? The post reads do you not see the suffering? Is your conscious not disturbed? How can you stay quiet.
Speaker 3: About? What about the fact that Trump deported Kilmar Abregel Gotta see you to El Salvador? That's what? What do you think he's asking? Do you not see the suffering? Who do you think he was talking about? Of the wife that was beating in her head. No, of the people that have been victimized by MS thirteen, No, the suffering of the Maryland father. Kill mar Abregel, gotta see her? Do you not see the suffering? Is your conscious not disturbed? How can you stay quiet? James? Both services Rush Hour Do Not Go Away?
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 7: So it's been more than a month, if you can believe it, since Donald Trump announced his sweeping and.
Speaker 8: Pretty ridiculous tariffs.
Speaker 7: But mister Art of the Deal as he calls himself, has not yet struck a single trade.
Speaker 8: Deal, not a single one with any single country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was having a late night fantasy on TV. Only hours later it was announced first major trade deal with the United Kingdom. Of course, that was Jinsuki with the anti Trump rhetoric that is part of and parcel of the coverage on PMSNBC. I'm getting a lot of response reaction this of course the fastest hour in American media, getting a lot of reaction to the comments and me retelling what's in the news about the new PILP. One of them broadcast engineers to Premo, mister Mike asked, can we slap a tariff on the Vatican? I love that the Countess of conspiracy has waited And I don't know what this means. It's rather cryptic. It says, oh no, not one of those. And I don't know as to what she might be talking about. Those digital paragraphs in there about the suspicions, the accusations, that are being raised in some quarters. But I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. Not going there. The Mayor of Chicago, Brandon Johnson, had a reaction. He said, everything, Dope, including the Pope, comes from Chicago. Congratulations to the first American pilp Leo fourteen. We hope to welcome you back home soon if you dare, make sure that you can bring those Swiss guards with you, because if you are planning on going to the South side of Chicago, dear Pope, it ain't what it used to be. Might be safer in El Salvador. Hint, hint. President Obama congratulates the new Pope. This is a historic day for the United States. Michelle and I sent our congratulations to a fellow Chicagoan, his holiness, Pope Leo fourteen. This is a historic day for the United States. We will pray for him as he begins the sacred work of leading to the Catholic Church and setting an example for so many, regardless of faith. James Golden sturdly.
Speaker 4: We continue The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 9: There all the j the project, the benefits. How do you lead the world with having that best instructional How do you leave the world having been out of the best healthcare role?
Speaker 3: How do you lead the.
Speaker 9: World without having the best education? Some more, how do you lead the world and you don't have that done?
Speaker 3: Joe Biden to do interview, Yes, our Happy birthday today. James Golden snurdly with you this quick Sorry, Yes week got Joe Biden their interview of this quick aside, there are several GOP two mentioned representatives who are urging in the new bill that's coming up, the new tax bill. Two Republicans are urging are reportedly reportedly opposing efforts to defund planned parenthood. In other words, there are two Republicans advocating for money to be sent to the abortion mill, the genocide mill, planned parenthood. Moderate GOP lawmakers, including Republicans Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania and Lawlor of New York, are urging House of Leadership and a meeting behind closed doors last night to refrain from inserting language that would ban federal funding to plan parenthood protectors a planned parenthood kill the children while you can, let's see then we have all right, Joe Biden, let's just get this out of the way. Cut ten really quickly.
Speaker 4: On the View today, here's Joe and it was like twenty sixteen all over again.
Speaker 10: So why do you think the vice president lost?
Speaker 11: And were you surprised?
Speaker 9: I wasn't surprised, not because I didn't think the vice person most qualified person to be president. She is, she's qualified to be president of non States of America. Well, I was surprised. I wasn't surprised because they weren't the root of the sexistuit of over. I mean, this is a woman I've never seen quite as successful and a consistent campaign, under cutting the notion that a woman couldn't lead the country, and a woman of mixed race.
Speaker 3: So bottom line, you're a bunch of racists and sexist That's how come Komala is lat president? Oh how exhauting? That is okay? Now he was asked about his cognitive decline. That's cut eleven.
Speaker 7: Here's this, mister president. Since you left office, there have been a number of books that have cut out deeply sourced from the electonic sources, that claim in your final year there was a dramatic decline in your cognitive abilities in the final year of your presidency. What is your response to these allegations? Are these sources wrong?
Speaker 3: They are wrong.
Speaker 9: There's nothing to sustain that number one. Number two, you know, think of what what we're left for. We left for the circumstance where we we had an insurrection, I started nonsense, the Civil War. We had a circumstance where we were in a position that we well pandemic because of the income of the last outfit, end up over a million people dying, million people dying. We're also found ourselves unable to deal with a lot of just basic issues.
Speaker 12: I won't and we.
Speaker 9: Got it done. And you know, one of the things that that well, you know that talking to I can't.
Speaker 3: Finish my thought people. Yeah, okay, thank you, thank you, thank you. Enough of that, I guess it was still cognitive decline. He was also asked if he thinks he could have beat Donald Trump that would be thirteen and uh, yeah, of course.
Speaker 7: President, you had previously said that you thought that you would have won. Since then, Donald Trump won all the battleground states and made in roads with almost every major demographic, from working class voters to Hispanic men to black men. Knowing what you know, now, do you think you would have beat him?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's still has seven million fewer votes. Yes, a lot of people didn't show up number one, what number two? The they're very close in those those toss up states. It was it wasn't a slam dunk about that. And so it was. You know, every time I've been on the show, which you've been forced, I've been fortunately beyond you've been.
Speaker 12: I've been fortunate. Fortunate is that we talked. You guys don't focus on as much. And I think it's good polling numbers, but numbers the worst any presidents ever had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you kidding? I mean, and it gets applause.
Speaker 13: And the worst one hundred days. Our borders are completely closed. He reversed that he's got trade deals going. This is the Oh my god. Okay, anyway, that's the view. And yes, only their audience were cut. Okay, let's remember something we played earlier the week cut nine. We played this, I think was last week or in the last week early this week.
Speaker 3: It was Ilan and here's Ilhan.
Speaker 11: I would say our country should be more of of of white man across our country because they are actually crossing most of the deaths within this country. And so if fear was the driving force of of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring, and uh and and creating policies to fate the radicalization of white men.
Speaker 3: Okay, so white men are the problem. A white man decided he didn't like that answer. You will recognize his voice, my friends. Thlati, you familiar with politics, that will be cut eight. And I think he took umbrage with this, and so let's listen.
Speaker 1: To Elian Omar says that white men are responsible for most of the deaths in the United States. So let me get this straight. Sixty nine percent of the people. I'm stuck on that number. I don't know, but sixty nine percent of people are going to vote a white of that forty eight and a half a marriage, So I don't know. My rough mass is thirty three percent. Let's go out and piss off thirty three percent of the people that vote.
Speaker 10: And that's a smart strategy. And if people that agree with her, there are people that actually agree with her. And I think this, honestly, I think.
Speaker 3: There's people are more trouble than their worth. In another interview. Carville has called for her to be thrown out of the Democrat Party. Okay, you heard Jimsaki saying that there's no trade deal. We know that there's a trade deal with the UK. Seventeen. Donald Trump's in the White House talking about talking about it today with you.
Speaker 5: A UK point about the deal is that we will continue reducing tariffs and non tariff barriers. This is this is a continuing.
Speaker 3: Picture. It's a movie.
Speaker 14: It's not a still picture here, it's a movie.
Speaker 3: It continues.
Speaker 14: And we're both committed to freeing our trade between our countries. We're both committed to freeing our investment between our countries. And the point about this, dear you, is that it provides a very good template and a very good launch pad for what we can continue to do and build on in the future. And that's what we're both determined to do.
Speaker 3: You know, many of love it, love it, love it. Okay, Next thing up on the fastest hour in American media, John Roberts speaking in hometown Buffalo, New York, Cut fourteen. The Supreme Court Chief rarely makes the speech, so this got some attention. And this is John Roberts YEP. Last night, but.
Speaker 15: Our constitution judges, and the judiciary is a co equal branch of government, separate from the others, with the authority to interpret the Constitution as law and strike down obviously acts of Congress or acts of the President. And that innovation doesn't work if it's not. The judiciary is not independent. Its job is to obviously decide cases. But in the course of that check the excesses of Congress or of the executive and that does require degree of independence.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, And that has seemed to be in his remarks less night Will seemed to be calling out the Trump administration. Yeah, well, I think that the executive needs to actually do a speech one day and talk about what his role is in checking these courts, especially these district courts. We shall see. By the way, Donald Trump today has asked the Supreme Court to authorize him getting rid of this phony in program that allowed half a million, pretty much unvetted illegal immigrants into the country. We will see how the Supreme Court interprets that. Next up, Bernie Sanders a beautiful question or from Brett bear And with an interview with Bernie. And here's Brett. The Brett and Bernie segment.
Speaker 16: You know, Alyssa Slockin, Senator from Michigan. She said, you shouldn't be using an oligarchy. It's over people's head. You've gotten criticized from other people. Free Weekend says Bernie Sanders spent two hundred and twenty one thousand on private jets fighting the oligarchy tour paid for best friends of Bernie Sanders that we've spent millions of dollars in campaign funds on private jet travel over the years.
Speaker 3: How do you push back on both of those?
Speaker 8: The last time you saw Donald Trump during a campaign mode at National Airport, No, no.
Speaker 16: No, it doesn't. But he's also not fighting the oligarchy.
Speaker 8: No, And you run a campaign and you're doing three or four or five rallies in a week. The only way you can get around to book the thirty thousand people think I'm going to be sitting on a waiting line at United waiting you know what, thirty thousand people are waiting. That's the only way you can get around. No apologies for that. That's what pain travel is about. We've done it in the past, We're gonna do it in the future.
Speaker 3: We have to come to be live with the peasants. You used to come to be there with the peasants waiting to run for a plane. It's Chicago, o hair, No, no, no, no, no, I'm flying private. They're ain't making no excuses for it. Hey, down with the oligarchy. Don what the billionaires? I happen to be one. Not down with me? But you know it's the first thing they do. What about Trump? What about start running against the yoligarchy? Oh well, well you're not. I'm gonna be sitting around there and oh hair, you ain't gonna be sitting around waiting for an American Airlines What is it kind against American airlines? Is it the word American promising? Uh? You ain't gonna be sitting around waiting for an American Airlines flight? Flying with the riff raff. Me and John Terry and the rest of us. We rich, and yeah we don't like rich people, but we rich, and we ain't flying with you peasants. Damn you? Why are you asking me about that? Anyway? Down with the oligarchs, the older Garks did it? Oligarch oligarch huh James Golden slowly fighting the Oligarks in first class private seating only for your private planes, keep it right there, More to come, Don't go away.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: And Now, Ladies and Gentlemen, A word from the Center for a Congressional Embarrassment miscos graves.
Speaker 17: I want to play a game. It's called Trump or Trance. You ready, So I'm gonna ask you a question, and I want you to tell me whether or not it is Trump or trans people that are responsible. You understand, Okay?
Speaker 7: Very good?
Speaker 17: The first one good at medical research. Trump kidnapping Americans and sending them to foreign countries, aka deporting them. Trump driving us into a recession. Trump increasing the cost of everything, Trump waging an idiotic terra for.
Speaker 3: Trump harming farmers, Trump.
Speaker 17: Ignoring the Constitution, TRUMP proposing to take away social Security, TRUMP cutting health care, Trump firing government workers who keep our country safe. Trump encouraging an environment of hate and divisiveness. Trump, Thank you so much. This committee could be engaged in actual oversight of fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. So let's talk about waste, like Trump's plan to spend almost one hundred million dollars for his little birthday parade.
Speaker 3: That parade she's talking about is honoring America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday that she and other Democrats find so repulsive. James Golan slurly, very quickly. Cash Battel has been and hearings all day. The Democrats have tried their best to nail him. I've got two examples. We have time for one. Let's place Senator Patty Murray with Cash Betel cut six and this is how that went.
Speaker 18: Yan cases, three thousand cases against Folent God.
Speaker 19: Well, that's not my question.
Speaker 18: We know that you asked if I was weaponizing the FBI, and I am not. I'm giving you the hard, concrete examples of the men and women putting handcuffs on bad people doing harm to our children and innocent Americans.
Speaker 19: Weaponization have placed on leave FBI employees responsible for the investigation of January sixth. Sounds political to me.
Speaker 18: I have not praised anyone on leave who has not violated their ethical obligation or they're owning.
Speaker 19: So if they were investigating January sixth, you believe they were violating an ethic Nope.
Speaker 18: I think the common theme here is you putting words in my mouth, and I'm not going to tolerate it. Horrible to men and women of the FBI.
Speaker 19: Well, you did place some leave an analyst responsible for investigating Russia's meddling in the twenty sixteen election. Is that politicization? Is that retribution?
Speaker 18: No? Not if she broke the law or the ethical guidelines. I don't know which case you're talking about, but that's the standard. And we will hold ourselves inwardly accountable and we will not be strayed from our mission because people think we are politicizing the bureau. If you want to talk about someone who was attacked by a weaponized bureau, you're looking at him and now he's the director of the FBI and he's cleaning it up.
Speaker 19: Well, I would just say to everyone who's listening that the FBI needs to be focused on its mission to keep the entire country safe. It should not be weaponized for partisan political gain.
Speaker 18: Thanks, we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also the thing that same rare concurred with another senator. Let's see, it was Maddling Dean out of uh there, No, it was in the House, testified before the House too with Representative Maddeling Dean. That thing runs over two minutes, so I'm not going to give it today, but it was the same beat down that the FBI is being weaponized, and Caspetel has the answer for all that You're like, you want to know what it was weaponized when they came after people like me, and yes, we are cleaning it up now. Now is when we clean up all the dirt that the Biden administration and the Obama administration before that did through their imbedded their imbedded partisan hacks. Well, all alrechal, it's time that we depart. This is a American media's fastest hour, Yes, the fastest hour in American media, and it is coming to a closed another day. May God bless protect each and every single one of you, your families, your loved ones, love and gratitude for your being here with me, allowing me to be with you. God. Willing back tomorrow for the Friday editioning tool then I bib you, I do Bye.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Bo Stirdley's Rush Hour. You can hear Bo Stirdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 3: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends.
Speaker 4: And listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 3: What the heck is going on here