Speaker 1: Willis.
Speaker 2: Do you know who Andrew Ridgeley is? No, he is the other half of Wham, George Carricle and Andrew Ridgley.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I was on Court three watching you on Sunday, I know what it's like to beat Andrew Ridgeley.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Had a load of people look at me, and I had a few people come up to me and talk to me, but they all just want to know about you. They talk about the podcast because of you, and I'm basically Bernie Taupin who writes all of Elton John's lyrics with Elton.
Speaker 3: There's no there's no Paul Todo about Dave Almett.
Speaker 2: It was your mum and dad actually came up and and they were they were They were the ones who actually said nice things.
Speaker 1: But everyone else was.
Speaker 2: Like one person said to me, the lady sitting next to me from Edinburgh said to me, is he really like that in real life about you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: What? And like I'm on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just I'm just putting my acting hat on.
Speaker 1: It's got a really thick, coolish accent in real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And he loves Kale. I love it. I don't get enough of the Kale so yeah, anyway, Nick smoothies most of the time.
Speaker 2: I know what it's like to be Andrew Ridsley. Do you want to do a podcast at those sweet little lips?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: This is the word you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Willis podcast with him, Marcus Willis and me Andrew Ridgeley. Now today we're talking wind Wooden, Arthur Ferry, Switek, sablenkaz fit Alina, Serena, all of it. I want to know what's going on and what's going.
Speaker 1: On in your head.
Speaker 2: Plus our brand new feature of getting to Know You is now in its second outing, so we really get to get under the skin. In a Cross Nixon style interview with wimbled and hero Marcus Willis, how are you mate?
Speaker 1: You're right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Yes, come come manwn to Earth's quite nice and Claverden's got talent yesterday and my son right and the drums want So I sat through two hours of that give some interesting stuff going on, some yeah, as you can imagine.
Speaker 3: And I watched the England game as well.
Speaker 1: So oh you did their wake up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I watched the first half and then and then I woke up three to one with a red card next to England and then they scored the penalty and I watched the rest of that and then kind of woke up and it was at the Talent show and then went for breakfast, and it's like when would have never happened?
Speaker 2: Oh well, look, your Wimbledon story is one that I want to hear, and I want to hear about how you dealt with playing at and going out of Wimbledon without you dragging us into your living hell. But I also want to talk about Wimbledon in general and get your view. Plus we've got getting to know you. What would you like to start with general wimbled and chit chat or getting to know you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's still getting to know.
Speaker 4: At the end, I think just yeah, yeah, because I don't know what's coming.
Speaker 3: And that's that's so organic, isn't it like.
Speaker 1: My play on your head, playing your mind, couldn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Rent Free.
Speaker 2: Somebody who is now nationally known but was definitely county wide known and known within tennis circles for a while is Arthur Ferry. And everyone at my tennis club is saying, did you know Arthur Ferries from Surrey?
Speaker 1: And he plays and I'm like, yeah, no, tennis a tennisist.
Speaker 3: Did you know, Yeah, he plays tennis, said, he's on the grass courts now.
Speaker 2: Now Arthur Ferry has become big time national news and Wimbledon hero twenty twenty six, but before all of that, he did a bit of care in the community because he actually partnered you didn't.
Speaker 3: He He did in Surbitons two years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, how did that come about? How do you end up partnering for Arthur Faery?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I was, huh.
Speaker 4: I was actually supposed to play with Christian Harrison for the first two or three and then I'd say to Christian that we might have to split for Winby because you know of our rankings at the time. And then he got on offer for Fabericce Martin, who was ex twenty in the world, and that was kind of a week before and for him it was better to play the whole grass season with him and partner him rather than maybe one.
Speaker 3: Or two weeks for me. So you know, it was quite a last minute thing.
Speaker 4: I basically messaged a couple of guys at the LTA said look at that, I'm a partner for the grass and I'd love to play and they said well, Arthur Ferry free in Surbiton, and obviously, obviously I said yes because I've known him before he was a tennisist. So yeah, that's how it came about. And then the following week I was, you know, asking for other players. I was going to play with Billy Harris maybe, and then John Piers messaged me, so I played with him, and then I played with Jay for Winwoodham. But I'm going off piece here, Dave. That's how it came about.
Speaker 1: So you meet Arthur? What is it? You drop imma? WhatsApp?
Speaker 4: First of all, it kind of got arranged already through the LTA. They kind of agreed it and I can't remember I would have messaged him, yeah for sure. But he was playing singles as well, so you know, we got on court against Dominic Stricker and Reedy, the Swiss guys who were good. Strick had just come off fourth round of US, and yeah, he's I always knew he was good, but yeah, he's very very good. He's a very good doubles player as well, obviously, But like.
Speaker 2: Did you did you hit with him? So how old is he? Two years ago?
Speaker 1: What is it? I don't know what he is.
Speaker 3: He's twenty three now, so in twenty one.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one, and then you did you hit with him first and think kriiche, there's a lot of work on this ball or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Well, No, I warmed him up for his singles a couple of times and hit with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just good. It wasn't like up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're hitting with someone and a match warm up, so very rarely they go you notice too much. I know's how clean his ball strike was, how he could kind of do everything, great hands, good serve. You just notice how clean everything is. But yeah, fortunately we didn't play any points.
Speaker 1: Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in normal man life he's all right right height twice, but in tennis world he's sure, isn't he five nine or ten?
Speaker 3: Most tennis fairers are monsters now, aren't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Huge?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess he stands out on the tennis tour for being slightly short.
Speaker 2: I was always under the impression that if he was taller, he would be, you know, guaranteed chewing top one hundred, top fifty whatever. And a coach actually said to me, it's a shame for Arthur. He'd be really good, but he's short. Is it just a case of that coach is wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's to say if he were taller he'd have the same technique. It's the same low center of gravity. It's like someone said, Andy Murray, if he had a bigger second serve, he'd have been better, but you know he learned those retrieval skills and the third ball because of his second serve.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't say it would be better if you know, someone said something about a pelkor or isn't it like if there was shorter they'd be better. It's like maybe, maybe not, but it's just kind of one of those conversations like don't really matter.
Speaker 1: Like half of our podcast only half?
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, it's like if I would you rather be a go to or a snake? Like that kind of.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 3: Off Now people say it as well.
Speaker 4: You know that there's this player that they're lefty or they're awkward, but if they weren't lefty, they wouldn't be that good, And you're like, yeah, but they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that Peter crouches that one, isn't it if he wasn't six foot.
Speaker 4: Yesterday when Demetro was coming into ferries back end like he's so good at getting his feet behind it and keeping low and drilling it. If you if you're six foot two, it's much harder to hit on the run. So so yes and no.
Speaker 2: So someone who's who's seen him up close a couple of years ago, as his game evolved and changed since then.
Speaker 3: It must have done, must have done.
Speaker 4: I know he's had injury problems, like he couldn't serve how he wanted to for a while. He's not actually played a full schedule very often. Schedule schedule spends if you're lessening in the States or UK at both works. Yeah, obviously, I mean look at his results and how he's playing, But it's not everyone's that surprised.
Speaker 3: He's always had incredible ability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what I was going to say, Like, just he now breaks the top.
Speaker 4: Hundred, Yeah, sixty in the live I think he had already before the demeter of match.
Speaker 2: And from there that's guaranteeing Grand Slams seeding in challenges. But top sixty and sixty then we're into the master's territory. Ye, are you at all surprised that this has happened to him? But if a couple of years ago I had said that, fella there center court, five sets against Gregor Dimitrov and sixty in the world, would you have gone, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 3: It's probably in between.
Speaker 4: It's a hate when people go, oh, yeah, it was obvious, and it's never obvious, because you know, to make cause of a slam, you're going to have some tighte moments, you're going to have to play some good players. And it's yeah, sometimes it doesn't always happen like that, but yeah, I'm not over it.
Speaker 3: It's not like a oh my goodness, never saw that coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's also not it was inevitable because you've got to look at his body, you've got to look at playing a full calendar. Yeah, he was playing very well at Queen's. He was unlucky not to beat Cirrindilo on the tournament. He's yeah, he's playing at the level he is and it's not like he's probably playing quite well for his norm, but he's not. He's not playing like out of his skin, you know, one percent everything. He's he's playing very measured, very solid goods.
Speaker 2: Statistically outperforming, you know, like where you see someone with fifty six percent of serves in and winning ninety two percent of points. Not to that extreme, but you get what I'm saying. He's not actually outperforming those stats. He's he's nailing it, isn't he quite?
Speaker 1: Frankly like he's just nailing it? Are there? So? So where where's his future now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got a great, great team around him. For him, it's his body. And I guess big smart with which tournaments he played, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean and just second week with grand steams going going forwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might have a few where he doesn't. He might have a few where he does. He might, you know, stay where he is from it. He might jump up. I don't. I don't know, but he's not. It's not like he's going to finish this tournament and you know, never win at this level again or struggle. Yeah, you know because because he's very rarely been outclassed by anyone unless he's had a shocking day. He's going to keep improving. As I say, he's got a great, great team around him. Get to work and keep keep his body.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love Wimbledon, and I love a story like Arthur Ferry and how somebody goes from ten days ago he can walk into most Tesco Express and no one looks and now he can't. I just love it. I love what it does to people, how it changes lives and how it inspires, like all the kids at the tennis club and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So what about the women side?
Speaker 2: Srichek, Sablenka, Switzerlina, Rebeccaena all went out early.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's happened quite a bit at slams. I mean, maybe not the last couple of years. You know, Sabolenka has been through and stuff. But yeah, it's it's tricky to play out there this year, especially when more than the courts, the wind, the balls, you're going to get some upsets and we've already had quite a few Osaka beating Sabalenka in a few years ago. That wouldn't be a huge upset. We all know she can play. Yeah, it's it's I found the women's Slams fascinating for a while.
Speaker 1: Does it make it more or less exciting for me?
Speaker 2: More for anyone's guests on that day in some respect.
Speaker 4: In some respects it's open and Paolini is now back in the quarters again.
Speaker 3: She had a tough couple of years. Yeah, it's you can't write people.
Speaker 1: No form at all suddenly, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: She can when on form. I find it fascinating. I find it really. I think it's what the men's lacks sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, did you see Sablenka's quote when she went.
Speaker 4: Out, Yeah I did see that. Yeah, okay, that was that was Yeah. I can relate to that certainly. Younger in my careers are completely different extreme. You know, I want to go out and get smashed.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's normal, yeah.
Speaker 1: For anyone who did.
Speaker 2: Sablenca says she's so disappointed at going out, so disappointed with her performance level, she's going to forget about tennis and she's going to go get drunk. Actually, Demneur said something very similar. Did you see those quotes?
Speaker 4: I feel bad for him, Yeah, I feel bad, not not in the sense of, you know, it's third world problems, but in the sense that, you know, he works very, very hard and it's not clicking for him how he wants.
Speaker 3: He's just it's just it's just in a sad place.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: I still think there's there's opportunities for him. It just won't feel like that for him at the moment.
Speaker 1: So on on how they're on that.
Speaker 2: Relating it back to you, how many times as a professional tennis player, if you felt like, I mean, stuff is, I'm having three days off, I'm going to go and eat, drink whatever. How many times has it got you? And how are they going to bounce back?
Speaker 4: It got me a lot of my between junior and twenty six face losing it hurts, right, But yeah, nowadays I'm better at processing that and some people need it like I, as you know, I don't. That's not how I deal with stuff anymore. But some people need a blowout, a bit of perspective change. I need to wake up with a sore head and manage that rather than think about tennis. I don't know, but everyone's different. Yeah, they'll they'll be back. It's it's the world class tennis players.
Speaker 3: It's fine. It's an emotional sport, right.
Speaker 4: It's you leave everything out there, you train off, and you go out there and don't perform it. It's annoying, you know. I felt that in the Mix Levels match, but I was annoyed after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk to you about that.
Speaker 4: Because, yeah, because you train hard, you you're at wimbled and you're at a slam and you come out and you know you don't feel like it's fair.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, so Demoner says sadly, it just feels like they keep coming. It's not easy to take. You go through moments in your career, in times where you feel like there's you know, opportunities to be taken to take the next step, to make it to the next level, to become a better version of yourself, and you fall short. Constantly, you doubt yourself, You doubt whether you're going to be able to break through and what it takes to get to the next step. It's a combination of one side of me being tough for myself, but the other side, I'm being realistic. As much as I'm in a great position, the fact I want more and I'm not able to achieve more. It's a battered ideal with every day. This is another one to add to tally. I won't be playing a tournament for a while. It's really to hear a player, especially someone like him, speaks so honestly is pretty astonishing. Have you got to a point before he thought, I'm just not going to play another tournament, like I'm out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not for a while for me, but yeah, I've been there and before I won my first first features singles title years ago. He went on the family holiday for three.
Speaker 3: Weeks in America.
Speaker 4: I didn't pick up a racket, and I came back and won, had a great start for the year. You know, sometimes you just need to take a little bit of time away because you get so wrapped up and everything, and yeah, sometimes you need to push through and just keep going. And sometimes it might be really good for him to step away. I know he's getting married soon, and it's nice to, yeah, take a bit of a step away, but it's brutal, and it's more often than not you're gonna not play your best tennis when you're thinking like that.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody did take a step Away's Serena Williams now. I was courtside for this as I posted on the in stuff, something I found astonishing. Obviously, they close the roof and stuff so they get the lights on favor Serena. Before Serena come out, they announced like a boxing world champion was coming out against a bum. It was ladies and gentlemen coming up at six, fifteen, twenty three or twenty four time Grand Slam winner Serena Williams.
Speaker 1: And her opponent.
Speaker 2: Then they played a montage on the big screen of Serena winning stuff. Then the doors open and you could forget she was actually playing another human being. Everything was set for the for them to bottle out on the girl, for them to scare her opponent.
Speaker 1: Right. Did you see Serena in the practice area.
Speaker 3: A couple of times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're walking around her with a family or team or whoever. There's a lot of people there.
Speaker 1: She travels not alone, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she doesn't travel lightly. There's a big team there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is there an air of superiority or is it something that Wimbledon did.
Speaker 3: Didn't see her enough to notice.
Speaker 4: That, but it's something wimbled and do and they did too. Yeah, I don't know if it's I don't think it's they want her to win. They want her to play well for her, do everything for her and no matter you know who the opponents are. And they admitted that, you know, when she they were going to put a double for Saturday when typically it's played first or Friday latest for women's first round, and they said, you know, we're going to do everything power to harder here because we want to hear and that's that's the system. That's the that's just what it is. Whether we agree with it or not.
Speaker 1: Does it gross you out a bit that there's two tier.
Speaker 3: I'm used to it now. I mean, there's the stuff going on this week.
Speaker 4: We'll chat about it a bit with the with the doubles and you know, the way you understand how things work, it's it's it's not just tennis, right, you probably look at FIFA, you probably look at any big organization.
Speaker 3: It's it's not a fair system. It's not a fair world.
Speaker 1: Tennis.
Speaker 2: Tennis is just a microcosm of the reason that Prince Andrew and behind bars basically, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's that's a That's another thing you've just mentioned that it's lem enough. Yeah, it's a bit different because Serena's actually, you know, one a lot of tennis tournaments.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, rather than being an unemployed German billionaire. What's the with Serena. I'm not editing that with Serena, do you think so? I'll give you an example. When I went for Talk Sport, we had Elton John come in once. Oh yeah, and we had people from Elton John Incorporated coming in telling us how to speak to mister John where he sits.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Right, Elton John come in as the most normal geezer you'd ever met in your life. He loves football, loves it. He knows what's going on in the Conference South. He's huge Watford, former owner and chairman of Watford on that Graham Taylor amazing run, and he's a massive football fan. He insisted on making his own tea and Elton John, you realize the employees, Yeah, you're coming back with me, Elton right. So anyway, he's he's just he was perfect, really like exemplary behavior. It's Serena the same. It's Rena herself. When she's walking around, does she give the air of somebody who's who's above it or is she just got people around her room, fluffing about.
Speaker 1: On the practice court.
Speaker 4: It's gonna it's gonna feel like I'm sitting on the fence. But but I don't know her. She's never really around people that much. Got a team around us, quite protected. I don't know what she goes on a daily basis with people and media and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But this is quite closed off. I've never really heard her.
Speaker 1: Speak to another player.
Speaker 3: I've not heard it. Yeah, I've not really been around her that much.
Speaker 2: Who's like the most popular player in that change in the changing room? Areas like who's always like high fiving and stuff like.
Speaker 4: This, I've got I've got to say, Roger Federer is like very very liked. He seems to be kind to everyone and has time for people and stuff like that. Raffer, you know what passed him when I played singles or years ago, he said hello to me and me and Jenny just lovely fella. But again that there are there are moments. They probably are human, right, they probably think just just want to just but you advocate, bab and sit by myself and I'm.
Speaker 2: Not trying to like push you into something controversial. But you don't get that air of Serena.
Speaker 1: You don't get.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. No.
Speaker 4: I think she keeps herself to herself. I think she's very very confident, and she's she's not shy to say to tell people what she's achieved. And yeah, no, I don't know. I haven't seen her around sort of yeah, looking to looking for eye. Can't doctor to say hello to people, good morning or anything like that. But again, yeah, no, I know, I know, I know who her hit her is right now, like he'll he'll have a better idea, we'll get him one. But she she's closed off, is what i'd say.
Speaker 3: And for what For? I can probably understand why.
Speaker 2: Someone who's not closed us is you, Marcus Willis, Because after the break, we're going to get to know you even better in our brand new feature getting to Know You.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to them. What are you talking about with this podcast? Now?
Speaker 2: I wrote the getting to know You questions last night, Marcus, and I giggled the whole way, just giggled and giggled. So in case you don't know, to you, he's Wimbledon hero Marcus Willis. But we want to get under his skin and we want to find out exactly what makes him tick. So by doing a series of should we call them sensible questions? Oh yeah, we can truly find out. So it's time for some Judy Andrews to know. Ok are you ready for getting to know you?
Speaker 3: Game face on?
Speaker 2: Would you rather sweat cold baked bean juice or warm Sunday roast gravy?
Speaker 3: Warm Sunday roast gravy?
Speaker 1: Okay, remember you can ask me questions.
Speaker 2: You can ask me questions about the logistics of it, anything like that.
Speaker 4: Sweating, like I sweat normally, not just sat there sweating all.
Speaker 1: The time, just your normal sweat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 4: Oh cool baked beans justice would be good on court, but sorry, yeah it's orange then, but then wimblehem will be an issue, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? But otherwise you're wearing black a lot.
Speaker 4: And I guess you normally sweat cold to cool you down, don't you.
Speaker 3: I'm sweating hot gravy, and yeah.
Speaker 4: I think beans just logistically, I was thinking about taste and what I could do with it because I ate chicken a lot, So you know, turn the temp up and just drip it off my arm or something.
Speaker 3: Fingers onto the chicken. Yea, never pay for gravy again.
Speaker 1: Going to go down.
Speaker 4: So I'm such a professional tennis player, I think being u S would better, Wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It fair enough?
Speaker 2: And this is exactly why this feature is important, because now we know how you.
Speaker 3: Tick thinking about my career.
Speaker 2: First, Okay, would you rather There's a lot of this is a lot of would you rather? Would you rather have knee caps that squeak like a dog toy? Okay, yeah, or a thimble sized ye or a thimble of mayonnaise come out of your bum when you high five or fist pump someone.
Speaker 3: So double this is the problem.
Speaker 1: So I I live in a high fiveless world. I don't need to.
Speaker 2: High five ye a lot, you're in a five yea I saw with This was actually with Heather Watson on Sunday. I noticed you did it three times during one point, and that's where I wrote the question in my head of a thimble of mayonnaise coming out your bum?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think the kneecaps because I'm not far off that anyway. Really no change. Yeah, one of them clicks a lot and then it stops running there.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I've.
Speaker 2: Got one of them, funny knees just every now and then it just goes and then it stops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got funny n.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're saying, kneecap, doctor, kneecap? Would you rather fart the east Enders or cough up one pound coins?
Speaker 5: Tough?
Speaker 3: Because you can't put a price on comedy, can you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But you can't just fart on command? You also can you would never.
Speaker 3: You can, Dave, you can edit your diet to give yourself more chance.
Speaker 1: Of course, you can put yourself in the best possible position. Yeah, you can.
Speaker 2: You can't control all of the controllables of a fart. That and also, if you were like.
Speaker 3: I can also force a cough any time I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's an uncomfortable thing to like. I think it's more than that change a pound. I think a pound is more of a.
Speaker 4: Pound soaking on a flight, wouldn't I but i'd be quite rich, which I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'll go with the farting. Always picked farting.
Speaker 2: I mean, say you're in an airport and you need to fart, and you've got to do it a bit silently.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I picked the farting because funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always funny.
Speaker 3: Even babies, it's funny, don't they know? Ye? The laugh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, even like really, if you had a baby and Einstein in the room, you can make them both laugh at once.
Speaker 1: Ye. Would you rather?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna go with these standards.
Speaker 2: Rather made Would you rather have hairmade of spaghetti or hairmade of pipe cleaners?
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a spaghetti cooked.
Speaker 1: Or on cooked, half cooked al dente.
Speaker 3: It's just a bit wet. I can cut my hair, there can, yeah, grace, this question, this question wouldn't affect you at all.
Speaker 1: I choose anything, mate, Here it is, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hmm yeah, yeah, always.
Speaker 3: It's always there.
Speaker 1: So good, he's ready.
Speaker 4: I'm going spaghetti spaghetti hair again. They always sometimes there's not in the cupboard as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do I make the kids outside of tennis kit? You've either got to have soaking wet.
Speaker 1: Jeans on the worst, yeah, or pants made of tints, pants.
Speaker 3: Made of tinsel wets.
Speaker 2: It would be so scratchy around the boys in the barracks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were. But wet jeans are just horrific.
Speaker 1: You can't get horror show wet and they weigh about six known.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, tensil tensil just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tensil pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you get chafing with wet jeans as well.
Speaker 4: It's horrendous, man, that you could have said pretty much anything after that, wet jeans.
Speaker 3: I'm like not interested.
Speaker 1: I'd like to call your tinsil pants as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tensil pants.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have an armpit that dispenses ice.
Speaker 3: Cream or another arm pit? Question?
Speaker 1: Or an armpit that dispenses catch up?
Speaker 4: Ice cream will catch up? Can I control the flavor of ice cream? Are we just going foranilla?
Speaker 1: Yes? You can?
Speaker 3: Ice cream order? Does it come out with the hair or has it got a.
Speaker 1: Clean comes out of your body? Mate?
Speaker 4: Okay, so there might be a there might be a little hair attached to the Yeah, ice ice cream will ketch up? Probably ice cream.
Speaker 3: I'm not not mad on ketchup nowadays. It's very very few occasions where I eat ketchup. Now ice cream ice cream I like it.
Speaker 4: Like if I have a long training day and I'm abroad, I'll go and get a scoop of ice cream and.
Speaker 3: Bang, yeah, bang, there it is. What flavor would you like? Sir?
Speaker 1: Leave it to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Again, you can charge more for ice cream than you can catch up, can't you.
Speaker 2: No one's eating it, mate? Why no one is eating your armpit ice cream? I mean, yeah, there will be some perverts out there.
Speaker 4: On exactly, yeah, exactly. That's where I do most of my work.
Speaker 2: So oh, I wanted to ask you actually about your socks. I really like your socks. You're addy Dash socks.
Speaker 3: They're nice, aren't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really nice?
Speaker 2: Like the cut off like the slight angle, and I said to harry T, I might I'm going to ask you where you get you know, basically, where'd you get your socks?
Speaker 1: Because I've looked.
Speaker 2: Online I couldn't see any and what are they? And harry T went, oh, willis all you can get? Scent socks? Used socks from athletes? Oh yeah, Like.
Speaker 1: Harry T is like involved in some sort of.
Speaker 2: Only fans account where it's like, I don't know, begging Potito Starachi for some socks. Yeah, sank yeah, maybe, yeah, some swanky socks which then become anyway. Okay, so the arm pit question that was basically put in there for your mum who really enjoyed the cheese out the armpit. Okay, final question forgetting to know you. Would you have the peak Andy Murray tennis skills? So twenty sixteen Murray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Every time you walk, you have to walk like an Olympic power walker.
Speaker 4: Huh oh, well I would they like they need a toilet?
Speaker 2: Yeah that kind of like wiggle thing. Yeah, yeah, everywhere everywhere? Yeah, mate, just pop to the fridge, pop to the loop, change of ends, bang off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh but your mate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but more people are gonna know me for I'd win stuff, sure, but then I'll be walking up to get my trophy.
Speaker 1: That also you'd also win BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
Speaker 2: Oh, when Gabby Logan goes here, he is atp number one doubles and singles.
Speaker 1: It's our sports personality.
Speaker 2: Marcus, you go, you go, you make jeans on in your squeaky knees.
Speaker 4: I'd conveniently be sat down in the States on a training block.
Speaker 3: I think just doesn't like going to public events.
Speaker 4: Ray of them, Marcus, all of a sudden, less sociable.
Speaker 3: You see him less out in public nowadays.
Speaker 1: And when you do, he's always on a travelator.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Oh god it moments.
Speaker 4: I've got huge gratitude right now, and I quite like my life anyway.
Speaker 1: You take it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's really tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everywhere for the rest of my life, even after I retire. I can't because any marriage skills when I retire.
Speaker 3: If you'd ask if.
Speaker 4: You hadn't asked me at sixteen years old, I'd have taken it.
Speaker 3: Now if I got five, maybe ten years.
Speaker 1: Left, I'm all right, yeah, just walk.
Speaker 4: It's not like well I still walk on my tiptoes, don't know, but but that that that walk just takes a Michael a little bit too much. Yeah, yeah, but i'd have anymost skills. Can I come back on the next podcast about that?
Speaker 3: Can we know?
Speaker 2: As the wizard? It has to be now or nothing. Fucking I'm the wizard that makes this work.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna leave it. Yeah yeah, I can't. I can't walk like that everywhere. Man, that's ridiculous. Yeah yeah, I'll be eight p number sixty four.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, Marcus Willis, We've just got to know you, beautiful, and you time learning about you by.
Speaker 3: Getting to know interesting lucky you.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we get our listeners coming back after that.
Speaker 2: The listeners can contribute if you've got anything you want to contribute to the A question to get to know Marcus Willis, you can you just the emails in the pod just email us the.
Speaker 4: Question off we go far in im anyway, I'm not going to go watch Extenders with a bottle of ice cream and a mate.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, I mean you won't be coughing up a pound coin and you know sincle pans on, but you walk normally to that sofa exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, mate, it was great, let's put again soon.
Speaker 3: We will. We've got lots to catch up on t TFN.
Speaker 1: Bye you hang out, No, you hang out?
Speaker 3: Thank you for now. It's a tough enough oh nothing, all right? Yeah say those are a few of my favorite things. Sunshine go on. Sorry, Karen,