Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: He's Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Okay, good morning, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky Rob Ryan. Show check it in. Free beer Friday. Let beer for you, each and every hour straight up at six, seven, eight, and nine. Thank you, specs. Why does the carpet? Went Todd fresh out of Man hit you head. He's a six time Hall of Famer going for win number three this morning for Monster JM tickets. Shine Down tickets go on sale today at ten am. So we at a center dot com. Don't forget. We're gonna world premiere new music from Shindown today on the show. I got ninety nails tickets. Closer to around seven twenty that world premiere of Dance Kid Dance, the title track of their new album or of their tour. I got the world premiere of that at eight twenty this morning. Eight forty Rodeo Houston tickets a Jr. March six chance out of one thousand dollars alternative income early in the nine o'clock hour, and then of course that whole nine o'clock hour. He is open phones Friday. We'll leave you with buzspost tickets, and today we're expecting sunny skies, highs up around fifty seven.
Speaker 4: Take a look at the rest of the weekend coming up.
Speaker 2: All right, we're in trouble here. We're in trouble here because the board is not working. Awesome the boarding kid, Yeah, hey, Chili Chili com Bob the engineer. I am not controlling the board right now. I don't even know if we're on the air. I hope we are high. Good morning, this place is awesome. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Good morning back, Good morning home Ron.
Speaker 6: President Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday. They called for the release of documents surrounding the assassinations.
Speaker 2: And John, by the way, I can't turn the music down like I cannot. I am not in control, not creative of the music.
Speaker 5: Try and talk louder.
Speaker 6: The JMK Assassination Records Collection Act of nineteen ninety two required documents on President Kennedy to be released to the public by twenty seventeen unless the downsides of broadcasting those outweighed public interest or had some threat to national security. Trump first ordered for the documents to be released back in twenty seventeen, but later.
Speaker 5: Allowed for an extension on that.
Speaker 6: Former President Biden also additionally postponed the release of those documents during his time in the White House. Trump called the release of these records long overdue. A man hunt is underway after a Waller County inmate escaped custody at a hospital last night. The inmate's name is Salvador Sorsado and he was undergoing medical testing at the Mid Coast Medical Center in Belleville when he escaped. Authorities describe him as a Hispanic mail with face tattoos, missing front teeth, and brown hair with red highlights. If you see him, call nine to one immediately and do not approach him because he is considered dangerous. We're all gonna get a little fatter on Super Bowl Sunday, so why not get paid for it. The website finance Buzz is looking for someone to taste test twenty different Super Bowl snacks from Costco. They're gonna pay you one thousand dollars and also give you a five hundred dollars gift card to buy all the stuff.
Speaker 5: They're calling this.
Speaker 2: The Sideline Sampler's side hositle.
Speaker 6: You're gonna taste a bunch of things like King Mozzarella, pizza or Mozzarelli sticks and pizza, and then photograph each one, write a brief description of them and rate them based on how good you think they are. Anyone can apply, you just have to live somewhat close to a costco. The cutoff for applying is next Wednesday. The twenty twenty five Oscars nominees were announced yesterday. Amelia Perez earned the most nominations with thirteen. It was followed by Wicked and The Brutalists, who each received ten. Demmy Moore received her first ever Oscars nomination for Best Actress after her role in the movie The Substance. Timothy shallow Ma is up for Best Actor for his role as Bob Dylan in A Complete Unknown, and Nicole Kidman Angelina Jolie, Selena Gumez and Pamela Anderson were among the Oscar snubs. Shinedown has two new singles that are out today. One is the title track of their new album, Dance Kid Dance, and the other is called three six five Shine Down. Front man Brent Smith said, we needed to approach everything different this time.
Speaker 2: Last two albums with both conceptuals, so.
Speaker 6: It was important for us to really ask ourselves where we wanted to go. The answer to that was we wanted to go everywhere, so there was no specific direction. We just started writing and let the songs guide us. We're gonna play you Dance, Kid Dance at eight twenty this morning. Those are U since headlines.
Speaker 2: So I can't do anything with the music. That's why we didn't change anything else.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 2: I apologize about the volume. I can't do anything with that.
Speaker 5: We'll just shift to sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, all right. It's conference championship weekend in the NFL.
Speaker 6: On Sunday, the Eagles are gonna host the Commanders in the NFC Championship Game at two o'clock. You can watch that on Fox. And then your Buffalo Bills take on the Kansas City Chiefs and the AFC Championship game at five thirty. That game will be on CBS. And Basketball Rockets are gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They're taking on the Caves up in Cleveland. Tip off that six thirty. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that.
Speaker 5: What's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm good, helpless. I put in an emergency called to engineering.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this button's gonna work.
Speaker 8: Friday Friday, you.
Speaker 3: Got a free damn Bday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free.
Speaker 9: Bam Friday, and free Bam Friday, and free damn Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: R right ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning. I'm going over to the phones here. Good morning, rod Ryan show. Hey, what's up brother rod?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know stuff? What's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to see if the phones that were working. The phones are working. That's one thing that is working. Most of the other things are not working in here, but we are connecting here. It looks like you're calling number ten. You want some beer?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, all right, then let me hook you up. Well, you got the first case of beer thanks to our friends over at Specs on board with us for twenty twenty five for free beer Friday. Were you from, Paul, I'm from Spring Paul Spring ever won beer with us before.
Speaker 1: I've won beer, I don't know. A couple of years ago. I was in the tournament just a little over a month ago by lost in the first round. So I haven't won anything in quite a while.
Speaker 2: Oh you're Paul in the hall. Yeah, one time in the hall. All right, Well listen, dude, have a great weekend. Can my bills beat the Kansas City Chiefs this weekend? Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no? Just yester they they's freaking better.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I hope you're right. All right, Hey, Paul, good to have you back on. Dude, hang on for me, chill. He's gonna set you up with your beers. Thanks brother, rest, Thank you, brother Paul. Getting started today. I know you guys think it's funny when the wheels are coming off of our vehicle. Here. Well, we got engineer Bob on hold and he's helping us out. The studio is all like squirrely again this morning. Somehow we'll we'll make it happen today. Somehow we will get through this. I'll try that not to let it get to me. It's Friday.
Speaker 6: We're gonna turn you loose on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Our first six beautiful faces have made their appearance. One hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the Wall, Big Game, couple of weeks Away, Chance to win, a chance to win five hundred dollars at the end of the first, second and third quarter, and then the last five hundred dollars is based off of the final score of the game, just in case there's overtime. Will be more specific this time on that, and then there's an additional chance to win five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I got an email yesterday Agaal said, Hey, I sent in my boyfriend's picture. Here it is again Rod. Here he is handsome fellow with his love Street blonde can. I said, cans or bottles are fun, and I responded to her, and they said, I have about four hundred of these already, so he might not ever make it onto the board. There are six people that are lucky right now, but over four hundred people have sent us photographs to be considered.
Speaker 6: For the one hundred lucky people on that board.
Speaker 5: A lot of people like love stream and a lot of people like money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I hope she understood that. She's just like, hey, I sent in a picture. Why is he not up? Well, no one was up at that point. It's not the first one hundred people that send me a picture. Maybe she thought that she thought she got in early. So yeah, many of you will not make it onto that beer board, but one hundred will and we'll be putting people up there every day, so they're looking people. Yeah, our first six are up now, checking that now Monday, another ten will go up Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday will put ten people up a day.
Speaker 6: And you just randomized where you go up this they sure are.
Speaker 2: So that means it's not too late to send in your picture. So Chile has all this information on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. H Fanny Friday, the Looking at Girls blog page, Crazy Criminal blog page today. Three things you must see, I mean all of the things that you you come that you come to expect on links and guests, it's there. Okay. Is the video component available to the show today? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Probably not, you know what I mean, probably not.
Speaker 2: I would imagine maybe we've got a big time sponsor on that too. I hope they don't hear that we're not on video. Maybe that'll get if we tell sales that, hey, what you sold is not available, maybe they'll get a shill.
Speaker 6: That's now going.
Speaker 2: All right, I gotta take a break when we come back. I gotta take a break, but a cigarette. But if you think we're breaking like I gotta crawl under the hood and see what's going on here with the engine. Okay, all right, sit on the flip gonna reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head.
Speaker 11: Alternative and tom at the Rod Ryan Morning Shown the Buzz.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I just got under the hood of the radio station.
Speaker 2: I'm a little greasy here, so trying to get things fixed up here. Everyone's told me that it sounds fine on your end, and that's all that really matters here. Good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Paul In Spring got us started with that first case of beer. We'll have more beer. We'll have more everything today on the show, but more beer straight up. At seven, eight and nine, that was Emily that sent the picture in of her boyfriend. She's like, Rod, I understood. I just thought that, you know, I got in so early. I thought that he was a shoe in. I didn't realize that many people were playing along with your little contest one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall, she said. I didn't realize this contest was so popular. I thought he'd be a shoe in world famous for a reason, right, I should have known. Happy Friday, fam. Yeah, so, best of block to your dude, best of block to all of you. It's not too late to send in your photograph. But the first six lovely faces have made their way onto the one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall to win five hundred bucks per quarter during the big game and the end score. All right, okay, oh, I'm starting to be able to control things over here. Now, okay, hey, what's trending?
Speaker 6: Amelia Perez is trending. It was the most nominated Oscar movie yesterday?
Speaker 2: Is that the one that Demi Morrison? She is in the sub Oh? Okay, since yeah, I don't know. I don't know if these movies, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Amelia Perez sounds like it was a person.
Speaker 6: That was nominated. Is a movie that was nominated? Yeah, I did not watch it. Thirteen nomination stuff.
Speaker 2: That's the one with Zoe held out on.
Speaker 6: Okay, she also is nominated. I do know that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 6: JFK files also a trending topic because people are talking about it. MLK RFK and JFK Assassination files are to be released.
Speaker 5: According to President Trump's executive order, he sent.
Speaker 2: Just let us at the UFO stuff and the Bigfoot stuff too. I've been telling you Dallas did JFK per years. I don't know why we need to release these documents us in on everything? What else?
Speaker 6: Also, the Jacksonville Jaguars are trending. They are hiring Buccaneers offensive coordinator Liam Cohen to be their next head coach. He had previously turned him down earlier this week, and then I guess he went back to Tampa Bay and decided he changed his mind.
Speaker 5: Maybe he wanted a little.
Speaker 6: Bit more money, and he is now going to the Jacksonville Jaguars. So you'll get to see him and the Jags two times a year.
Speaker 5: If you're a Texans fan. That's It's training a nine profiy.
Speaker 6: The buzz.
Speaker 12: Why is the carpet Old West Todd?
Speaker 13: Who's warning everybody that's the sixth time Hall of Famer? Why is the cover wet Todd coming? Maybe went because of all the staring snow. I am refreshed. I'm had to have a two day champion join me on free beer Friday. Then when I make it win number three.
Speaker 2: Are the kids in the background there he doesn't sound like that on the game, but he sounds like that during his victory speeches. It's like he's got that phone, like he's right in there. All right, can you beat a six time Hall of Famer. We'll prove it. Okay, come come play, get involved seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five if you want to crack at it.
Speaker 1: Dunnings their helmets and shoulder pads and Deli stood ready to make music from the field.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five to the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Free beer Friday, guys. We get Shineedown tickets coming your way in home room. By the way, lots of shine Down stuff today on the show. I'm very very excited. We'll have tickets to go see Devin Bush before they go on sale today at ten am. That's how you're gonna that's what you're gonna win your fun fact flashback. Then we're going to world premiere. Shindown released a couple of new songs. We're gonna world premiere Dance Kid Dance, It's a rocker world premiere coming your way this morning at around eight twenty. I want you guys to listen, and we'll call, we'll talk music, we'll do all of that. So these guys today, no rain, Hi have fifty I love bringing you that twenty percent chance of raining tomorrow, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms on Sunday, Okay, but we we will be in the sixties this weekend. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. Why is the carpet ol with Todd? Good morning Todd.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, do your phone talk to me? Say some words.
Speaker 2: I'm here, Yes, I'm here. Okay, doesn't sound great, dude. I'm just telling you, I'll do it. I can put some tinfoil on your head or something. I don't know where you are, but it really sounds crappy. We'll just we'll limit our conversation. We'll just listen for you to say your name and the correct answer. Good luck. You're taking on, Daniel, Daniel morning brother. There you are, Hi, Daniel. I understand that you've never played this game before. First time, long time listener, man, that is awesome to have you on. We need some fresh fish in here. We got to bring in some new people. So and thanks for all right, good to have you on. Daniel. Where are you from?
Speaker 14: Thanks City, Texas.
Speaker 2: So all you know, all you got to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Sounds simple enough, It is simple enough. I just need you to really really speak up in that phone, Daniel, because we're having all kinds of crazy things going on today. So I got why is the carpet we Todd, He's been in the Hall of Fame six times. You want to shock the world. Just beat him today, Okay, Dan, just do it?
Speaker 6: Yes sir?
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys are playing? Is that right? Monster Jam four pack? Yeah, there's been some really really good prizes this week. So a four pack of Monster Jam tickets with the pit passes February first, Come out and party with us, Come meet the twins down in the pit. Okay, Daniel, you ready? Yes, sir, Todd, you ready to go? I'm ready? Okay, you sound squared away too. Good. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Question number one? Who is Luke Skywalker's father? Todd Ancon Skywalker or Darth Vader? Yeah? Except both of those?
Speaker 7: Very good?
Speaker 2: Now you just now you're just I had both of those written down just so there was no controversy.
Speaker 6: Todd's on the board, Did you have accepted James Earl Jones?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that was the actors and he wasn't even in the suit. He was just the voice. I think. I'm not kidding. I'm not getting into with you. All right, here we go. Hey, Daniel, you were just behind him. Okay, he's fast, dude, but you could be fast too. Okay, here we go. What president is on the five dollars? Bill? Todd is louder? Todd got in first? Okay, Todd, abrahead and Lincoln. It's a correct answer. Yeah, it was quick, It was quick. It was Todd. Daniel, it was Daniel. You were on his this morning. You know what, Todd? I agree with you. Daniel Depp was a good game for a fresh fish. You're listening to the dude. That was a really, really good game. All right, Danie'll have a great weekend too. Thanks, see you in thirty days. Why is the carpon weent?
Speaker 7: Todd?
Speaker 2: Is that three whims?
Speaker 6: That's three?
Speaker 2: It's not easy to come by in twenty twenty five? You want to play on Monday?
Speaker 6: All I'm pretty sure you all right, dude.
Speaker 11: Congratulations you're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Bus, ninety four five, the Buzz ever clear. I will buy you a new life, rob Ryan, Shump Fanny Friday, Free Beer Friday. Another case of beer coming up at seven o'clock. Thank you Specs. Shine down tickets coming up on the flashback. Sunny Skies today expected high fifty seven. I'm surprised, man, there's some snow still hanging on, like clinging, even on the roof here. I parked on the sixth floor. That's the roof of our parking garage. There was I hate to say, quite a bit of snow, but I was surprised that it made it through that through yesterday. Sha yeah, yeah maybe so. So there is a little bit of snow still out there. It's wild all right. Saturday and Sunday. I don't think it's gonna make it. Definitely not Sunday, because it's gonna rain. It's gonna be a little bit warmer, so twenty percent chance of rain. Cloudy sky's Tomorrow sixty four will be the high and then Sunday's when we're getting rain, okay, thunderstorms ninety percent chance high sixty seven. That'll wipe out any little bit of snow that we've got remaining. Fresh out of bed head to head challenge, here's your current champion. Good morning everybody. This is sixth time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 6: Why is the carpet wet Todd?
Speaker 15: Now you're fresh out of bed head to head three day champion and the.
Speaker 13: Third victory is hard to come by in twenty twenty five, even hard to win number four.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make that happen on Monday. You have it, all right, good game, Tom, it's the fuck back to the day. Make you look smart your buddies. It's the fuck that's to the day, all right. Just so you know, I always feel a little personal pressure on Fridays to give you some extra really good fun facts. I want you to I want you going into the weekend thinking about these things.
Speaker 6: Shar with friends at parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I figure, you know, there's more interaction with people. I want you to look smart in front of your buddies. In nineteen seventy, hal good morning, that was yesterday. There was exactly one NFL player that weighed over three hundred pounds. There was one in nineteen seventy. I don't know who it was. By twenty fourteen, there were over four hundred players in the NFL who weighed over three hundred pounds. It's closer to five hundred players now that are three hundred pounds plus in the NFL. That's over twenty percent of the league weighs three hundred pounds. They're like in shape, like mad shape.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but three hundred pounds. I mean, I don't know how much you remember.
Speaker 2: But William the Refrigerator Perry was a freak the eighty four Bears and William the Refrigerator Perry was a three hundred pound guy. He's alignman that they put in there as a running back. Ditka came up with that stunt and it worked. The most famous thing about that is William the Refrigerator Perry has a Super Bowl touchdown and Walter Payton does not.
Speaker 6: That's wild.
Speaker 2: He didn't put the ball in Walter Payton's hands. He put it in his freak show's hand, and it didn't expect that. I'm not a Mike Ditka guy. I am not a no even when he came to the Saints, I am not a Ditka guy. He's a hymn first Team second always. It worked one time, it worked. But the fact that Walter Payton doesn't have a Super Bowl touchdown, we're expecting it to go to Walter Payton.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Bob Marley gave a songwriting credit on the song No Woman, No Cry to a man named Vincent Ford. What did Vincent Ford have to do with the song?
Speaker 6: He invented the Ford Bob Marley was driving in when he came up with it.
Speaker 2: But he did run a soup kitchen in Jamaica, and it was Bob Marley's way of making sure that that soup kitchen would be funded forever. It's I think there's other stories like that. One that I have heard was Ed Sheeran. He was like a street musician. He was out busking and there was some gal with him and they used to kind of riff on this song. He turned it into be a huge hit. He put her down as a songwriter, and he took care of her forever on that one. On that one song. Ye hey, yeah, he was on the streets with her and he put her down as a song as a songwriter. Finally, by age seventy, your body has shed one hundred and five pounds of skin.
Speaker 16: Neat, it's the fun back.
Speaker 2: To the days, make you look smart?
Speaker 16: What's the fuck?
Speaker 2: Back to the day? Okay, shine down, Big day for them man. Tickets going on sale today for their tour. They're gonna, of course come here. August twenty seventh, Toyota Center, Bush on the bill. We are world premiering a song at A twenty today. But let's get you these tickets. It's our last pair of tickets before they go on sale.
Speaker 6: Your fun back.
Speaker 2: Not a single NBA player has ever worn this jersey number. You knew I was gonna use that one seven one three two one two five nine four five. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Of course I was gonna use that one. Hallous, I know i'd be. I'll be doing Wall Street yesterday not bad. The Dow was up four hundred and eight points. Oh you've had a good week. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 12: We kick off this morning at forty four thousand and five forty six NASDAK up forty four to twenty thousand and fifty three bench marketIn your treasury it's treating at a four point sixty four percent, and oil stands at seventy four dollars ninety seven cents a barrel to the most active is the Big Studs, Caterpillar, Boeing and Walt Disney, the Big Duds, Travelers, Coca Cola.
Speaker 2: And Chevron. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers.
Speaker 12: On existing home sales for December right now.
Speaker 2: Futures, Yeah, barely on the downside.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's tune this baby around. That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm out here.
Speaker 12: This is Halan many Shed writes with Rayiam James reported for The Rod Ryan Show. From Raymond James on sand flipping and the gust. Didn't know if you get toys or rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 11: Opinion's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYC as, IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. Because programs are educational and informational services. On the Studs and Duds are based on movement as reported by Young to.
Speaker 2: Night ninety four to five in the Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show on this free beer Friday. Well, you know what time it is, sure back day. Who would be up this early? Nobody? Right, nobody's awake? Good morning, good worrying? What are you doing? It's dark early, What are you doing? It's cold?
Speaker 6: Who is this?
Speaker 2: It's cold? This is Emily. Why are you up so early? Emily? Head it Doorhi, gotcha? I get that all right? Well listen hopefully you were listening to the fun Facts yesterday. Because the flashback question is not a single NBA player has ever worn this jersey number? Emily, what's the number?
Speaker 8: Sixty nine oh.
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 12: It up?
Speaker 2: I killed with that in my bingo calling days, killed with it, I say, Emily, congratulations. Hey, you got the last pair of Shinedown tickets before they go on sale today at ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: You're in.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you, man, Thank you, Emily, Shine down Bush, August twenty seven, toy Ata Center, Man, and make sure you come back over to us at A twenty I'm gonna bring I'm gonna World from your brand new Shinedown song so you know they're gonna play it live when you go to see them. This song is so great I can't wait for you to hear it.
Speaker 8: All right, awesomething so Mike, thank you, Emla.
Speaker 2: It's ninety four five, The bu Double Z ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: I like on the album version of that, they have the little guy who goes Now that's something everyone can of enjoy.
Speaker 2: They've always had those cool little like intermissions and the cool voices coming on. They've always from album number one, Yeah, from album number one, they had kind of cool stuff. They always tried to make the albums interesting to listen to. Offspring is one of those bands truly you listen, you put it on. You know, back in the day, you would say you would drop the needle on the first track and you would listen to the whole album. They were fun albums to listen to. Man, those early ones are the best.
Speaker 6: Americana was my favorite album. That's like what got me into Offspring. Little kid right on the swing set with a roach smash.
Speaker 2: Nothing even comes close to smash for me. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Free Beer Friday not the case of beer coming up. I know you're gonna talk weather. We got sunny skies today, no rain. Highs up around fifty seven, but they're there is a chance of some I mean a lot of rain coming on Sunday, Alex one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Morning Rod, Good, Morning, home Room.
Speaker 6: President Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday that called for the release of documents surrounding the assassinations of John F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and Martin Luther King Junior.
Speaker 6: The GfK Assassination Records Collection Act of ninety two required documents on President Kennedy to be released to the public by twenty seventeen unless the downsides of broadcasting them outweighed public interest or prove or like we're a natural security or national security threat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like was it unsafe to release this information? I understand why would you release information unless you're covering something on I don't have a problem with the government keeping some things from us, okay, because it would cause mass hysteria. I think they have to keep some things to themselves. There are some crazy things that they know that they haven't told us. What could possibly come from sharing this information?
Speaker 6: With us.
Speaker 2: That's what they're determining right now because they kept putting it off. There's something that they're worried about, Like it when we find this out, this could cause this to happen. Trump's like, just give them the information on that.
Speaker 6: They'll make podcast about it. Just let him, let him have it. It'll be great.
Speaker 2: So he wants the Kennedy Brothers and Martin Luther King released, it looks like, but he wants everything uncovered. He wants open up the books, open up all the box in Athens.
Speaker 6: So yeah, he called for these to be release back in twenty seventeen, but later allowed an extension on that, and then President Biden also additionally postponed the release of these documents. But Trump says that this is a long overdue that these records be released.
Speaker 2: What's in there that they kept postponing that information?
Speaker 6: I know, I'm excited. It makes me want to I'm not going to meet them, but I'm going to watch people tell me what they read.
Speaker 5: And that's what I'm going to do because I'm not going to do the work.
Speaker 6: There's another light freeze in the forecast this morning, but it looks like things should warm up this weekend. We should be in the fifties for most of the weekend, and we'll see a warm front movie in on Sunday. Sunday will also bring us some rain that looks like it's going to stick around for most of next week, so it looks like you'll finally be able to unwrap all those pipes over the weekend. You all released a list of states that the most people moves to last year. Number one on that list was South Carolina, followed by Texas, North Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. Texas had previously been the top moved to state for three years before this.
Speaker 2: Get we're always number one. People coming here, good spot. It's a good spot. You know.
Speaker 6: California was the state the least people moved to for the fifth consecutive year. Fox is going to be televising this year's Super Bowl, which means they're charging an arm and a leg for Super Bowl ads and upwards of seven million dollars for a thirty second commercial.
Speaker 2: Dude. When I was in college, I did a paper on this one of my broadcasting classes. Yeah, and it was the year. It was the first year they were starting to charge one million dollars for a Super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 6: You're telling me it's seven though they've gone up seven times with that.
Speaker 2: I know that my college paper was a million years ago, but it was such a huge and it was a ridiculous concept to think that somebody was spending a million dollars for three for Super Bowl one. Yeah, well I wasn't in college. Yeah it was. There are no shoots, you see the whites of their eyes. It was only on the radio.
Speaker 6: So companies are trying to load up these expensive commercials with celebrities. Some Super Bow commercials we've seen teased include Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt being in a commercial for metas Ray band glasses, post Malone, and Shane Gillis. Look like they're bringing back the wahs up campaign for bud Light this year and that'll be fun. And then Doja Cat's gonna be in a Taco bell ad and Stella Artoise teaming up with David Beckham. The super Bowl will be Sunday, February ninth, again on Fox. Okay, bad Omens literally brought the house down during a show in Australia, and by that I mean fans were injured by falling ceiling tiles.
Speaker 5: During their set.
Speaker 6: It happened while they were playing at a festival hall or at Festival Hall in Melbourne on Wednesday night. At one point, a confetti can was fired off as some fans realized that a little bit more than confetti fell down on them. Nowhere on how the severity of the injuries were, but during the band's show last night, frontman Noah Sebastian told the crowd that the band was absolutely stunned by what happened.
Speaker 2: I think it's during this song. I think there was during just pretend so they're closing during this song, and I've got the video. Yeah, yeah, I've got the video on the music blog page and it shows the crowd and you could see like the confetti cannon going out. I don't know if you can specifically see ceiling tiles, but yeah, people were hit by a few things. So it made it seem like from what.
Speaker 6: I read that, like, was the confetti cannon, what hit a ceiling tile that made it fall, or was the ceiling tile just gonna fall anyway, and it just happened to be when the confetti was falling.
Speaker 2: It kind of seemed like it was the vibration created from the confetti cannon, that's what I may have shookn loose some tiles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that sucks. That sucks, but hopefully those guys and gals are okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a pr didn't fall on anybody, right right?
Speaker 6: Some ceilings just yeah, I don't know what that's made out of. It doesn't look that bad. So those are you since headlines?
Speaker 2: Listen slow music day? Okay? So but I do have the video you can see that, all right? What's going on in Swarrel?
Speaker 6: I have you heard of Conference Championship weekend?
Speaker 2: Because that's happening. God, dude, I cannot sleep.
Speaker 6: Rod, are so nervous?
Speaker 2: Wreck I am?
Speaker 6: I really am.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: On Sunday, the Eagles are going to host the Commanders and the NFC Championship game that'll kick off at two o'clock on Fox, and then your Buffalo Bills, Rod or all lay the Kansas City Chiefs and the AFC Championship game that kicks off at five thirty. Chiefs are two point favorites. You can watch that game on CBS.
Speaker 2: Are you betting that game? You could be honest with me, tell me anything, you don't have to lie. I will bet that game. Most likely I do not know who I will bet on, so you're not for sure betting on the Bills to win.
Speaker 6: I did bet on the Bills win last week. I'm asking about this week. I hadn't looked at all of the stuff. I like looking at the numbers. I will be rooting for the Bills, I will tell you that much.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 6: I will never root harder for a team that is not the Giants than the Bills this weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, I appreciate that, but you would still bet against them. You would root for them, but bet against them.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you do that because then, like if you're sad about the outcome, you might have made money on it.
Speaker 5: I do that because my brain is broken, and that's how I emotionally deal with my trauma.
Speaker 2: That's what I got.
Speaker 6: That's where my problem is. I just tried to figure out your broken brands. It's so broken. It's so broken, you'll not be able to figure it out. In basketball, the Rockets are gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They're taking on the Calves up in Cleveland. So if I was at six thirty and you can, you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: All right, more beer, nine inch nails, tickets, next hour, I mean, more everything.
Speaker 16: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 9: Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 17: Man, right, Bam Friday.
Speaker 14: And we're Bam Friday, Man, free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Ryan Right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Good morning. Hello. Who's this? It's Mike Cassidy. How are you doing? I'm doing great, Mike Cassidy. Hey, you're calling number ten? How are you doing? And we're way better now? Happy Friday, everybody. Happy Friday to you. You're doing better than most you. You just scored yourself a free case of beer thanks to our friends over xpecs. Were you from Mike Cassidy? Sugar Land? Okay, sugar Land on the beer board. I believe Spring checked in on that six Am Beers. I've got more for you at eight and nine. What you got going on this weekend? Mike? Oh, going campy with the Scout Oh you want a little fun fact about the Scouts today? Yeah, it'd be great. Would you now you're camping your your kids. Are you like a scout master? Are you just kind of chaperoning something?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 2: My kids and scouts, I'm going with I. There's nothing I don't look at to get ready for this silly show. And of course I don't always have time. Hang on, I'm looking to see if I.
Speaker 1: Do have it?
Speaker 2: In fact, do I not have it? In nineteen oh eight, I uncovered this this morning. I knew I was never going to get to it. Now, Mike Cassidy landed in my lap for the one hundred and seventeen years ago. In nineteen oh eight, the first Boy Scout Manual was published. It was a book that inspired the entire boy Scout movement, called Scouting for Boys. It was written by Sir Robert Baden Powell, General of the British Army. Dude, how about that.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's the fucking back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drop that on your boys this week?
Speaker 6: Uh huh, Well, now they're just scouts, all right, dude, have.
Speaker 2: A good time, man, enjoy your beers. Well, enjoy beers when you've done scouting.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't think you want to mix those two fun story about me and boy Scouts camping is that was when I was allowed to quit boy Scouts. My dad was very like, I didn't know ty k nots. I was bad at a lot of the stuff they wanted you to do, and I was lazy. And then my dad was like, well, we're going to go to this camping trip. He was excited for it. He got us this tent, he had all this stuff. And then our scout master was just like, you know what, why don't we just do it in my backyard instead? And my dad was like, they thought we were going to go camping. I think we're gonna go like Stone Mountain, Georgia and camp out there. And we ended up camping in our scout leader's backyard. And then at the end of the night he just went inside to his house and my dad was just like all right, And I could just tell my dad's face like looking back like he was really disappointed.
Speaker 5: And that was the usually I done, and hit like on the way home, like we got up, the sun came.
Speaker 2: Up, I'm gonna let you quit.
Speaker 5: Here's what we can go. We can go, and like no one else was up yet. We packed up, we left, didn't really say goodbye.
Speaker 6: Anybody's again you can quit.
Speaker 2: I remember I did Cub Scouts and then I made it to a we blow.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was when you had the khaki shirt, right, I don't.
Speaker 2: Remember it was a hybrid. You weren't quite a boy scout.
Speaker 6: Yet, Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're a tiger scout and then you're.
Speaker 6: A wolf scout.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Wolf badge was first badge was first wolf badge was baby, and then that the khaki one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I remember doing all of those things and trying to get the badges and being obsessed about it for a little bit. Mark Wiggins on this show. Shout out to him, just because we're talking about scouts, and I guess today's some sort of a momentous day. Mark Wiggins was an eagle, is an eagle scout. Once you're an eagle scout, you're always an eagle scout. So like the Marines, it's like you're a marine, you're your Air Force, you're a vetter, you're a veteran, you're yeah, you're an Academy Award winner. Uh yeah, Wiggins is an eagle scout. You can't go buy eagle scout stuff. You have to prove that you're an Eagle Scout to go buy that patch and stuff. Yeah, they don't have that stuff out just to buy. All right, Well, listen, Mike Scout doing some camping this weekend. Hopefully it's not in somebody's backyard. We got six faces that are the first six lucky Lucky people that are up on our one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall Monday. Another ten go up Tuesday, another ten go up Wednesday. Another You see how I'm doing this right. Every day we're going to put more people up. The reason why six went up is because on the last day all the free Beer Friday winners will get the with the final squares on the weekend going into the big game.
Speaker 6: So we got it all and Jill, he's got it all mapped out. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Your chance to win five hundred dollars at the end of the first, second, and third quarter. You guys know how squares work, and then we're doing the final score of the game, so there's an additional chance to win five hundred bucks. Make sure you sign up for that on links and guests. Now we're talking about twenty five hundred dollars given away. Big game. We're gonna know who's in that big game Sunday night.
Speaker 6: You might be going to New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, I might be. I might be if the Bills go.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't have a line on tickets. Somebody asked, well, you must be getting free tickets rot, No, we don't get it free anything. No, it's not like that anymore.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: Gotten free tickets before for a Super Bowl, not even bragging about it. I still can't believe that it happened, to be honest with you, it doesn't like that anymore. The Bills go, I'm going to New Orleans. I don't know that I'll get into the game. I don't know. I buried my dad with a Bills baseball cap. Okay, his leather Bill's lucky cap is in. It was like, that's where that whole thing came from. I mean, one of the settings in Buffalo is just one before I die, and they never did it before my dad kicked it. So one before I die.
Speaker 6: Guys, it's not enough to go. They gotta win too, So before I beg I win. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking past the Kansas City Chiefs either. I think it's a very, very difficult game, Mahomes.
Speaker 6: I think they can't keep winning, right, like they gotta lose eventually. Yes, I mean we said that with the Patriots for years too, and that just never happened.
Speaker 2: I know, just when we get rid of Tom Brady and like, you know, we were just getting abused for twenty years by Tom Brady, the Bills specifically. Now I got to deal with this Ether guy. That's just you know, he's taken over.
Speaker 5: Like, come on, it's not it's not fair stealing championships.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. So up, Big weekend of football. Bills have the late game Washington and Philadelphia. I know you want Washington to win, but I don't really want Washington and I just don't want Philadelphia to win. But a rookie quarterback, man, is he the blinding lights? They say, you know this guy? Is this kid gonna handle it? He has so far unbelievable. No rookie quarterback has ever gone.
Speaker 6: To the Super Bowl, No rookie quarterback's ever gone that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Look quacks ever won in Wow.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Fine, So Big Football weekend, man, get your mind right. If you are going to be drinking some beers, this weekend, Love Street Blonde, make sure you take that selfie. Chile has everything explained right there on the website. We need a selfie of you and your beer can or bottle, but it has to be Love Street Blonde. That's the only thing. It's not the first one hundred people that send us a picture. There's over three hundred picture that people that have sent in pictures already. We're just randomly selecting people and we'll be putting them up on the wall each and every day. So you got a homework assignment this weekend. Hit us up on the world famous all Right.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: All Right, welcome back, everybody. I've got some nine inch Nails tickets coming your way. Just a moment, just a moment, We'll get you in. And I'm hoping that we give away more nine inch Nails tickets next week because they're not going on sale only it up. I mean, Trent resdor can do his own thing, and he does. His tickets are going on sale Wednesday at noon. When was the last time we saw tickets go on sale on a Wednesday? I can't tell you, but it's nine inch nails. He can do whatever he wants. No rain today, sunny fifty seven Tomorrow, twenty percent chance of rain. Your Saturday, you're gonnaee cloudy skuys in high sixty four, so you can get after it and get outside a little bit. Sunday not a whole lot of getting outside. This football a couple of great football games on You're right, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms on Sunday, and it'll be our warmest day of the weekend. We couldn't get all the way.
Speaker 6: We could get seventy degrees on Sunday. What's trending well, Fanny Friday is trending. Shout out to other bindsm Alvin that's submitted today's Fanny Friday. Kirston too sweet and she's pretty good, pretty good. I'd go check her out if I were you, all right, I'm gonna do just that. Oscars nominations they're still trending. Anybody's talking about who got snubbed and who got nominated. Angelina Jolie was one of the snubs according to most people.
Speaker 2: And then you know, she was in a new movie.
Speaker 6: I didn't either, And then Demi Moore got her first Oscars nomination. Ever, everyone's talking about Demi Moore also trending our planets alignment because today or tonight and tomorrow you'll be able to see Venus, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Uranus, and Neptune from the sky. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey sent me this, and I knew that silly historical thing about the boy Scouts today, which I knew I was never gonna use. I couldn't believe I shared that on the air. But I mean, I try to look at everything possible, you know, in the amount of time that I have. You know, I try to start looking at four o'clock in the morning. I got two hours to get ready for this show. I didn' see anybody talking about the planets. I saw it during the week and then I forgot about it. Jeffrey Kellen is like, how is no one talking about the plan I have an alignment happening tonight and tomorrow. They're talking about it. Now, no one's talking about it.
Speaker 14: What are they doing?
Speaker 2: They're just aligning.
Speaker 6: They're just they're hanging out, I don't know, and planets just kind of hang out and now we get to see them.
Speaker 2: Though, all right, alignment party tonight, have one for the alignment. Get your telescopes out. Yeah, everyone out for me. Have a shot, crack a bottle for the alignment. Let's get celebrating, fellas. How about that alignment? See how that does in a bar. See if anybody knows what.
Speaker 6: You're drinking too, shut up to a bar with a telescope and then see if anybody else wants to go out and look at it.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I've got nine inch Nails tickets for you, September twelfth, Toyota Center. Wain them before they go on sale. I'll take call her number ten. The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz. It's House of Paine jump around. But on this show, we call that getting your mind right. Yeah, that's getting your mind right for whatever it is that you got going on this weekend.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I know that I'm focused on these football games on the one particular football game on Sunday. But I'm just my mind is right for the weekend. I'm ready to go. We got a little iHeart party tonight. Are you going?
Speaker 6: I have other plays, so I have not a goa. Why are you a separatist? I'm not a separatist. This is also a Christmas party, that's not It's like after Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never got around here at iHeart Houston having a Christmas party, even like one of those end of the year parties where they all stroke each other and they talk about how much money they made and all that stuff, you know, in sales, in sales of course, So I guess there's something like that tonight.
Speaker 5: They won't even notice I'm not there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're a guy that you know, you're a guy that's doing a lot right now, Like there's a big spotlight on you right now. It'd be good to get in front of those big guys. Family. You got family stuff, all right? Is Chili going? Is your twin going or is he got? Is he part of your family? He's going with your things?
Speaker 5: Chili will be joining me, Chili? Are you family stuff?
Speaker 2: Chili? You going to the christ I can't even see Chili. God the worst.
Speaker 6: This studio sucks. So I would just be bitching about the studio if I went.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that we Chili's not in the room with us. But at least we have like a video component to the show where Chili's in the other room, and I can kind of see him in lifetime. I don't know what he's doing in there. He might be like completely naked.
Speaker 14: You sure know me?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Listen, if you had it your way, that shirt would be off, you'd be in your panties, you'd have a cigar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Hey, you gotta be comfortable while you are at working.
Speaker 2: Bro, Are you going to the party tonight?
Speaker 14: Only if I can go there butt naked?
Speaker 2: No, you cannot go there but naked.
Speaker 14: Well, then I probably will see if I have clothes to go with.
Speaker 2: Are you going? Yeah, don't make me be the only one going.
Speaker 14: I'll let you know five minutes before the party starts.
Speaker 3: Early.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think I will go. I mean I think I'll drink on the company's time.
Speaker 2: There you go, look at it that way. Yeah, make them pay, Yeah, make them pay. Oh, I'm gonna put a hurt on that.
Speaker 5: But I'll drink all of your drinks.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good news. All right, So I'm gonna be partying with chili tonight.
Speaker 6: Still some food from Chili.
Speaker 2: Who's got six picks?
Speaker 1: Chili?
Speaker 2: Third do?
Speaker 1: All day?
Speaker 19: You said you were going to have my pictures for the rest of the year. Rod, I did not we agree to that the other day, right, I think you might have mentioned that. Don't back up your feel a jack leg twins. You were like, you know what, why don't I take your six picks?
Speaker 2: I never said that. Chili you got six picks this weekend?
Speaker 14: She lives that here today.
Speaker 2: I know I don't. I can't see you.
Speaker 6: I'm just talking to you at screen right now.
Speaker 14: You might you might want to go check on Black Chili. Maybe that's the one that has.
Speaker 2: To I left him at the Lone Star rally about eight years ago. You did see all right sunny skuys today no rain hides up around fifty seven. Go over to the phones here, good morning. I can't see this guy either, like chilid morning. Hi?
Speaker 14: Who's this?
Speaker 2: This is clip Clint. I'm gonna pretend that you're naked too. You're calling into the show your caller ten hell yeah, but making nail butt naked night inch Nails. You got tickets to go see?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Notice nail September twelfth, Toyota Center tickets not going on sale until Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Dude, when before you can buy them?
Speaker 5: Clint?
Speaker 2: Wait to go bro, twelve year old's first concert. This is gonna be awesome. You're taking a twelve year old to their first concert to this, damn straight, we listens to tool everything.
Speaker 6: Let's go baby.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, dude, I mean I can't even admit. Well, yeah, that's pretty great. What a great first concert.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you, guys. I appreciate you. Man. That's parenting done right over there with Clint. That's a lucky kid. Yeah. I remember my parents taking me to all the big concerts. No, they never did. They never did. Are you kidding me? Parents are so much cooler now, even me. I'm just a way cooler parent. You're probably a cooler parent. No, your parents are pretty cool. My parents are pretty cool. Oh yeah, I don't think you're cooler than your parents.
Speaker 6: Definitely not.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're the exception. Spirit Airlines they still never flown them. I'm a Southwest guy, Like, there's.
Speaker 5: Never been like a good Spirit Airlines story.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just don't look for the deal and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean I don't fly, don't really fly very often. Okay, Sparit Airlines, they're classing things up a little bit. They just announced that you cannot wear see through clothing anymore. It could get you kicked off your next flight.
Speaker 7: What this is?
Speaker 6: I thought this was America.
Speaker 2: They have had to amend their already policies and they updated what I think would be like a fine print this week to ban things that could be seen as leude, obscene, or offensive in nature, which was already there. But they have added see through clothing, tops that don't offer adequate coverage, and pants or skirts that expose your butt or other private parts. What you wear to the club is not always acceptable to be out in public on an airplane where everybody's out there, I don't, okay, facts just trying to get from one destination or another. You know, this is going out to Fashion Nova out there, okay, you know if you know? You know, Okay, I get it. It's great. You're out there, you're on the dance floor, your nips are all over the place. That's awesome. Not on an airplane.
Speaker 6: I don't know that kind of sounds cool for anywer.
Speaker 2: I know they're all free. The nip thing. Stop stop with the seat through clothing in public. Their policy also covers lude or offensive body arts. They have changed that so certain tattoos can get you kicked off of a flight too. They got it in find print. If they ask you to leave the plane, there's not much you can do about it. There's not much you can do.
Speaker 6: It's like, you know what, I think, it's weird when like people are not on their best behavior at an airport.
Speaker 2: That is what.
Speaker 5: I will never be more behaved than I am when I am at an airport.
Speaker 6: I've been mad at an airport. But like you're just like, I don't want to get put it on a fly list. I don't want to get stuck here and then have to rent a car and drive and I don't want to do this. And there's so many people that just are cool being like I'm gonna yell at in front of everybody. I'm like, they're gonna just mark you on a list now. Man, I just watched a movie within the last month. Jason Bateman plays a bad guy carry On, carry On. It's a good movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like Diehard, but airport, and that Elton John guy is like the other guy that's in the movie, the guy that plays out John or the Kingsman right Favery Taled the dude, don't know his name, but he plays like the TSA guy. And they go and it's like a big holiday coming up, and I imagine, you know, a lot of this stuff is true. They said, listen, people are gonna be ornery. It's like before Christmas. I believe it might be Christmas Eve or something like that. And they show the abuse that people are yelling, absolutely yelling at the screeners and things like that.
Speaker 6: It's not just a movie that happens in real life the people.
Speaker 1: That do that.
Speaker 2: And I get it to be inconvenienced at an airport, and you know, this is an extreme situation where they're shutting down lines and everything because of a you know, like a bomb or you know, whatever's on in this carry on that Jason Bateman's trying to get through. And I get the inconvenience, but just to be like bawling somebody out and yelling at somebody for doing their job.
Speaker 5: We're all on edge here. Nobody wants to be at an airport.
Speaker 2: I've been pulled over, meaning when I get my carry on and it's going through and then all of a sudden, boom, ah, why am I getting pulled over? Like why are they going through mine? They don't seem to be in a rush. They don't seem to care that I gotta go catch my flight and all of that. Am I gonna yell at that guy or gal? I'm just not. But but I've seen people get upset with them. But to see it in the movie and just people just yelling and abusing these TSA agents, Oh my god, it's brutal. So Spear Airlines. I don't know that they're leading in many categories, but it'll be interesting to see Delta, Southwest American all these other ones to see if they start, you know, getting very specific about what is allowed and not allowed on these flights. But yeah, put your nipples away. It's time in Houston with the Ron Ryan Show. Nothing more of me than on ninety four to five other of the bus Morning Ratt Ryan Show, Puddle of Mutt blurred, Thank you so much for having us on. Todd can't believe that I haven't come across social media with memes and things talking about the planetary alignment. I haven't not on nerds stuff. I don't stop on that right now. Anything that's coming showing up on my feed is everything. Buffalo bills. Yeah, I'm stopping at everything I'm watching. I'm watching some guy catch fish and he's just got you see his phone and you see him holding a fish looking at Josh Allen highlights and he's like, here's me showing all the fish I catch Josh Allen highlights. He's just there's this fish throws it back. Then there's another fish watching another Josh Allen run throws it back. I'm watching that, okay, like I'm doing nothing with my life.
Speaker 6: Did you see the guys showing the deer Josh Allen highlights and then the bills showed Josh Allen deer highlights.
Speaker 2: I did, So I'm stopping at like, you know, all football stuff is showing up in my algorithm right now. There is a planetary alignment that's happening, and apparently it's all over social media.
Speaker 6: I'm just not seeing it.
Speaker 2: All eight planets will be in align on one side of the Sun and visible in our nighttime sky. So this planetary alignment includes Mars, Jupiter, Saturday, in Venus, all visible to the naked eye at the same time. Neptune, Uranus Chili's laughing right now. They'll be there too, but they won't be shining as bright or brightly like the other ones. So that's happening. I just don't see it. The other one I'm seeing is Baron Trump standing up and he's real stiff, and he's like waving and he's like, let me hear he he's got his hand behind his ear. I was watching the inauguration when Trump was like kind of going through all the family members and having him stand up, and he was saying something about everybody and Baron. You know, he credits Baron, who's ten feet tall. He credits him with getting him to do podcasts, you know, because he's the young guy, and he's like, hey, you know, my Baron is the one that said do Joe Rogan and du Von Theo Vaughn and all that stuff. So he has his son stand up and he's real stiff and rigid, and he kind of waves a little bit and does the like his dad points and thumbs up. And people are writing the funniest things. Yeah, I'm seeing that all the time. No planetary alignment things at all.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the really tall Aaron Trump one where you.
Speaker 6: Showed me that, Oh yeah, I did, you showed me that. I've seen that a lot where he just like I love him ten times taller than he is, towering over everybody.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: Everyone's tall.
Speaker 2: I mean Milania, I mean that's Malannia and Donaldson, President Trump's son. He's huge six eight maybe, but Eric is six ' five. Junior's tall, the daughter. Everyone's tall, athletes, everyone's tall.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: World Premiere Dance Kid Dance New Shine Down coming up at eight twenty Rodeo Houston Sink It's hit eight forty beer at the top of the hour. Why would you go anywhere?
Speaker 16: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Sublime and feel like that's still wild to hear Brad Noel's voice singing and then his son Jacob singing with him on that track.
Speaker 6: Have you seen the video of them playing a show? And I think it's Jacob's dog. He's like it looks like a rott whiley. He goes out on there and he's laying on the rug that they have behind him on the stage. No, rolling on his back.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't.
Speaker 6: I used to do that with lou Dog Brad's Dalmatian that he would always run out on the stage and that was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And lou Dog, we'll see it.
Speaker 5: The other dog.
Speaker 2: Lou Dog was very famous back in the day. Yeah, very famous.
Speaker 6: Dog with lou Dog is the only way to taste heying.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, Rod Ryan's show on this free beer Friday. Thank you Specs for the beers. We'll have another case for you and then I can't wait. I've not heard the whole song, but I did hear a little bit of it yesterday in our meeting. Dance Kid Dance is is the world premiere that we're gonna be doing with the new Shinedown And that's what they're calling their tour. We gave away the last pair of tickets in Homeroom. They go on sale Toyota Center dot com today at ten Shinedown in Bush. But Matt, we'll play some new music for you next hour. We're gonna have sunny skies today, no rain, hi fifty seven thunderstorms on Sunday on a twenty percent chance. Tomorrow ninety percent chance with thunderstorms high of almost seventy on Sunday. Let's get after this right now. Alex with Houston's headlines, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Rod.
Speaker 6: President Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday that called for the release of documents surrounding the assassinations of John F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and Martin Luther King Junior. The JFK Assassination Records Collection Act of nineteen ninety two required documents on President Kennedy to be released to the public by twenty seventeen unless the sides of broadcasting them outweigh public interest, or there was some threat to national security, law enforcement, or foreign affairs. Trump first ordered for these documents to be released back in twenty seventeen. He later allowed an extension on that, and then former President Biden also postponed the extension of that as well. During his time in the White House. Trump said yesterday that the release of these records were long overdue.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's gonna be anything huge that's gonna be uncovered. I think it's going to be what they do. They still say nothing burger or is that out nothing Burger. I've heard people still say, I think that's what it's going to be. Remember when it's.
Speaker 6: Gonna be there's gonna be five thousand podcasts that break it down and it's gonna be great for that. And then this is whenever they're gonna get one snippet of something that you're going to turn into something else, it's Dallas. I've told you it's Dallas for years.
Speaker 2: On the JFKIT. There's this other guy that I follow follow, and he said that those congressional hearings they had about UFOs was going to be the biggest thing ever. You probably don't even remember that they had those hearings. Nothing came from it. What it just makes you and it always makes me wonder like what are they?
Speaker 5: What else is really going on?
Speaker 6: Because it's always like look a no, look at this as give them the aliens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Now we got JFK files, look at these all right?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait for smart people to go and dissect everything and tell us what's in.
Speaker 5: The summarize it for me, and then I will use that like I did the research.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 2: I love a good jail break. Yeah, well, there as as long as nobody gets hurt when they capture them. So we've got somebody on the loose right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, manhunts underway after a Waller County inmate escaped custody at a hospital last night. The inmate name is Salvador Sasado and he was undergoing medical testing at the Mid Coast Medical Center in Belleville when this is when this all happened. Then he escaped. The thirties describe him as a Hispanic mail with face tattoos, missing front teeth, and brown hair with red highlights. If you see him, call nine one one immediately and do not approach him because he is considered dangerous.
Speaker 2: It's the closest thing that we have to a movie that's unfolding before our eyes when there's a jail break. Yeah, because it's happening right now.
Speaker 6: It's like Crawshank redemption, but usually like they're not wrongly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, firsty kid escape from Alcatraz.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We're all gonna get a little fatter on Super Bowl Sunday, So why not get paid for it. The website finance Buzz is looking for someone to taste tests twenty different Super Bowl snacks from Costco. They're going to pay you one thousand dollars and also give you a five hundred dollars gift card to buy all of the stuff.
Speaker 5: They're calling it the Sideline Sampler side hustle.
Speaker 6: You're gonna taste a bunch of things like pizza wings, mazzarellisticks and more. Then photograph each one, write a brief description of them, and rate them based on how good they are.
Speaker 5: I hope that you rate them on the boom scale, like the Costco.
Speaker 2: Guys to I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: You don't never mind, it's too long to explain. Look up Costco guys and you'll know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: So one person is getting this job. We have provided you the application link on links and guests this morning.
Speaker 6: You got to apply by Wednesday. That's when the deadline is. Okay, sounds like a pretty good deal.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 6: The Oscars nominees were announced yesterday. Emelia Perez a Movie Not an Actress, earned the most nominations with thirteen of them, followed by Wicked and The Brutalists, who each received ten. Demi Moore received her first ever Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her role in the movie The Substance. Timothy Shalla May is up for Best Actor for his role as Bob Dylan in A Complete Unknown, and Nicole Kidman Angelina, Julie, Selena Gomez, and Pamela Anderson.
Speaker 5: Were among the snubs.
Speaker 2: Challa May Schallamey is uh, this is the week that he's the guest host and the musical guest on snl oh, I forgot to do the other thing I was looking for because I think pam Anderson just won an award for whatever she's in and didn't get Hiven nominated, did not get nominated for an Academy Award. So you know, this is like everybody else snubbed this snubs. Everybody got snubbed. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I felt like I was snubbed as well.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if you didn't get nominated, I didn't get nominated, So did you.
Speaker 6: Do something that was I'm on the Rod Ryan Show YouTube every morning, and I feel like we should have received some It's basically like a movie. All lives are movies.
Speaker 2: I don't think any cinematography or.
Speaker 6: Well that's because it doesn't work. Maybe if the if the Peep Show worked all the time, then we would be nominated.
Speaker 2: What do you want best costume? You wearing giant shirt every day? I don't wear a giant shirt, red shirt. Okay, you're not an award.
Speaker 6: It was a snub, Yeah, because they're a snub. That's why for an award. Shineedown has two new singles that are out today.
Speaker 2: Rowd is just talking about this.
Speaker 6: One is the title track of their new album, Dance Kid Dance, and the other is called three six five.
Speaker 2: This is a little sample of Dance Kid Dance. We're gonna play that for you.
Speaker 6: At eight twenty this morning, Shinedown front man Brent Smith said that we needed to approach everything different this time. The last two albums, we're both conceptual, so it was important for us to really ask ourselves creatively where we wanted to go. The answer to that was that we wanted to go everywhere, so there was no specific direction. They said that they just started writing and let the new songs guide them. Really looking forward to listening to the full and about twenty minutes, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to say this, Of all the quote unquote, they've been around a while, uh huh, but new bands, Shinedown has the best shot at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They have so many kids. Yeah, when you look at like rock charts and those types of things, they've broken all kinds of records.
Speaker 6: They really are They really are going to be considered for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's one of those bands, Like I always say, Green Day's one of those bands where like you may not be a Green Day fan, but you know ten Green Day songs just a casual person walking around what my friends came to the twentieth anniversary party when they were playing, like I know every single one of those shine Guns songs, They're like, yeah, man, they've been around for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really think that they've got a legit shot another thing on Green Day. I've never met anyone that said Green Day was their favorite band. Never.
Speaker 5: Everybody knows at least ten Green Day song.
Speaker 2: Now someone's somebody. Don't mean somebody has.
Speaker 6: Them as a favorite band. It just doesn't seem like it's everybody's number one favorite band any talk.
Speaker 2: My lifetime, I have never come across somebody that has said to me or portrayed to me that Green Day was their favorite band, even at a Green Day shop.
Speaker 6: But they still rock, yeah, and everybody's always down with that. Like, no one's like Green Day sucks. Yeah, somebody probably does say that, but I think most people are like, yeah, Green's cool.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like people like, tell me like that Avatar, But yeah, nobody ever tas not anybody's favorite movie. That's the biggest movie of all time.
Speaker 6: I was trippy and it was really cool, all right.
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 6: It's Conference Championship week into the NFL. On Sunday, the Eagles are going to host the Commanders in the n C Championship Game at two o'clock.
Speaker 5: You can watch that one on Fox.
Speaker 6: And then at five thirty, your Buffalo Bills Rod are going to play the defending two time champion Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game. That'll be on CBS. Your Bills are two point underdogs in that one. And Basketball Rockets are gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna take on the Calves up in Cleveland tip offs at six thirty. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 16: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 2: The Road Ray Morning Show.
Speaker 16: From six to ten AM ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five Buzz.
Speaker 10: Noons because five Col Bull Song, Cordon ry Cock, the Phone, Burnum Box of con.
Speaker 3: Boss Color Nor.
Speaker 9: Bam Friday, Bam Friday you got Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan showing hello.
Speaker 14: Who's this?
Speaker 16: This is Black Flow Nicole.
Speaker 7: Yes, there, you call her ten just one beer.
Speaker 9: Nice, Happy belated birthday to me.
Speaker 2: Finally, Nicole works with Progressive. I call her black Flow. She gives me anytime there's an insurance question or whatever. She's always chiming in. Well, actually, here's the deal with here's the deal with the windshields on that. She knows all that stuff. Nicole, where are you? Because I know you you've been doing a lot of traveling lately. Are you listening on the app from somewhere afar?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm an.
Speaker 16: Pampa.
Speaker 15: But right now I drove an hour and a half to Satisoda. So thank you guys for keeping me awake for that long drive.
Speaker 2: Geez, this morning, you probably dealt with more snow than we did here in Houston. In Florida they got hit hard.
Speaker 9: Huh. Not in Tampa.
Speaker 2: No, Tampa didon' getnings.
Speaker 15: Like forty five degrees or so?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, okay, Well Nicole, you got the third case of beard today. Safe travels okay, thank you much. Thank you so much for always keeping up with us on the app while you're doing your traveling our insurance expert. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thank you for joining us Home Everybody Free Beer Friday. Halfway point of the show, Peopop Chilly didn't put up a link for the Academy Awards. Remember a couple of years ago when they added movies to all the categories so that like dullards like us would be interested in the Academy Awards. They found a way to, you know, to nominate Deadpool for something, just so like, you know, can imbecile like me would maybe tune in. They added all those extra movies because it used to be four or five movies that were up for Best Picture, and then they added then it became like nine. It still is nine, but it's now it's just all still movies that I nobody saw.
Speaker 6: Two of the top three musicals, and I don't really watch.
Speaker 2: Musicals, Amelia Perez, As you mentioned thirteen nominations at Zoe Saldana, Wicked came away with ten nominations. The Brutalist ten nominations, including Best Picture Best Picture nominees Anora. I just heard of it right now as I'm saying it. Anora. Okay, Idea A Complete Unknown, that's the Bob Dylan movie. Yeah, I want to see that. Still Conclave Dune Part two. I'm still here. Nickel Boyce and the Substance. Now you got to talk about Timothy Shallow mag He's up for Best Actor for A Complete on Known. He's the second person to get two nominations in that category before the age of thirty. The other person to do it, James Dean.
Speaker 21: Was the only other one.
Speaker 2: James Dean did it first with East of Eden and Giant.
Speaker 5: I have guessed Leo Leo, he was in a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: He didn't really young. He didn't get nominated for anything for the longest time. I thought the whole thing was. I didn't know it was nominations.
Speaker 6: I thought it was that he just couldn't ever get over the hump and win it until The Revenant. The Revenant variety finally won.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when he when he had to like climb inside that horse at a horse and wear a bear and fought a bear. That was a good movie. Bare Hands yeah, so Tibothy Schella May's got to be in some sort of a discussion now, like to the go of actors now all time, like he's I mean, he's in a category right now with some pretty amazing people. It took Leo forever to be recognized. He got he was the guy that was getting snubbed over and over and over again. So Academy Awards, all the nominations and everything, and everyone just seems to be talking about to me more, which is good, which is good. I kind of want to see that movie now. Chillie did put up a link. No one's clicking on it. Everyone's clicking on Fanny Friday. I've got to take a break. When we come back on a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then world premiere new music from Shineedown. We will listen to it together and we will rock together.
Speaker 16: Stay with us Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan the.
Speaker 11: Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back. I'm so excited because I have not heard the song in its entirety yet, but we're gonna play some brand new music from Shineedown. It's world premiere day again here on the Rod Ryan Show. Sunny today, no rain fifty seven will be the high twenty percent chance of rain tomorrow. Claude's guys, we'll be up in the mid sixties. We could see the rain's gonna keep it a little cooler out there. We can get all the way up to seventy, but probably more like sixty eight that we'll top out with a ninety percent chance of thunderstorms on Sunday. All right, come on, I got shined down, ready to go. What's trending well? Alex Bregman is trending.
Speaker 6: He is reportedly regain resuming talks with the Astros to potentially return to the team. He had a linked to the Red Sox and Blue Jays. Is like they were they looked like they were the front rinders designed him, and apparently earlier this week they the Astras reached out and they have They're not working on a contract or anything, but they're they've resumed discussions about him possibly returning. So let's not say goodbye to Bregman just yet.
Speaker 2: Oh that'd be great.
Speaker 6: Also trending, Jennifer Anderson, This is a weird one, but I saw it everywhere I see. I've seen this too, and I wasn't gonna say anything. It's gossip.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I.
Speaker 6: Don't want to like this is again, this is a rumor. This is not me saying this, okay, happening, But people are saying she hooked up with Obama.
Speaker 2: I saw that too. Now President Obama has shown up to a couple of things without Michelle, and.
Speaker 5: That's I think, what, like the seeds are like, wow, is there trouble in Paradise.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Michelle might be doing stuff. She's busy, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: And she didn't go to something else recently, Obama went by himself, Jimmy Carter Streenal, Okay, so he attended those things by himself. I'm that alone. People started spreading rumors and.
Speaker 6: Then I saw yesterday Jennifer Anderson somehow is now linked to him. But yeah, Jennifer Anison's back. And then it is good for Obama if it is true true, but also bad because Michelle. But good because yeah, Jennifer, I'm sorry, bad because he's married. The adult part not good, The Jennifer Anison part cool, okay. Fanny Friday continues to trend Kirstian too sweet. I think she might be one or two in my list this year so far. I mean, I know it's still early, but she is fantastic. We read it to us by other Ben and Alvin.
Speaker 2: We are having a wonderful day on the with web numbers yea, and most of them are coming by way of Fanny Friday.
Speaker 6: They should because Wow, an absolutely fantastic submission. Thank you, other Ben Alvin. That's what's treinning and I think we're by the buzz.
Speaker 2: We did a world premiere earlier this week and I asked people to call in and tell me their thoughts on the song. It was the popa Roach song. I don't know that anybody called. Maybe now I'm gonna I mean, if you guys don't want to do this bit, you don't want to play long, that's fine, but we're gonna talk about the song. I'm gonna invite you, as I always do, I'm gonna open up the phone lines. I'm gonna play this world premiere of a Shine Doown song, and then i'm gonna invite you to call in and tell me your thoughts on it. If you do or don't, that's fine. We're still gonna open up the phone lines just in case if anybody does want to chat about it. I'm just asking that you listen to the whole song and then you can call afterwards. Let's take a listen here.
Speaker 18: Kicking off twenty twenty five Ride with the iHeart Radio world premiere of new Shine Gawd.
Speaker 2: Know what's going on everyone. This is Brent from the band Shine Down and this is our brand new song, Damn Kid Dance. You are hearing it right now now, ninety four five The Buzz. Houston's rock and alternatives.
Speaker 3: Got to be bore.
Speaker 6: But let.
Speaker 17: Us let's say, said dans up, that's.
Speaker 3: So Matey danced, dance.
Speaker 1: Dance.
Speaker 11: So Grace.
Speaker 3: Said, that's so Matey danced. Something said up stop, that's let's that's up.
Speaker 6: That's a job.
Speaker 3: That's make up of bells to make you danced.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz. That's the world premiere of Shine doowns Dance Kid Dance, the name of their tour, the name of their forthcoming album. We know that they're going to be coming to town. That's good Man. The Dance Kid Dance Tour with special guest Bush and Morgan Wade. August twenty seventh. It's interesting to look at their tour schedule. They're doing some shows at the end of April, playing most of May June, taking July off, then going back on the road out in August, and it looks like they're locked in with Bush and Morgan Wade the whole thing. So the Toyota Center is going to be our show August twenty seventh. The ticket squand sale today at ten a m. We heard a little clip of that in our meeting with the Wizard yesterday and he just played the beginning of it and I said, turn it off, turn it off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can tell that. Go ahead your thoughts.
Speaker 5: That song kicks, ass man.
Speaker 2: The song is it? It's awesome.
Speaker 6: I know we've been playing kind of a ballad from Shine Down lately with their their last song that we've had, and I just call it lunatic ball I forgot the name of samp to it being a human, that's the name of it. But this is just such a like, such a different from that, and it's very shine downy. It punches you in the face. It makes me want to fight somebody.
Speaker 2: I love it. I go back over to the dead, Don't Die and I was talking about Zach Myer's the guitar player, who is Tom Morello es On that song, He's like shredding at the end of the yah, Zach is shredding like he hasn't shredded in about ten years. With the band shine Down, they are rocking harder than they have in years.
Speaker 3: With that, I.
Speaker 2: Absolutely love it the full disclosure. They released two new songs that are out today and they're available. You can go check them out. We have a linkup on the music blog page. But I mean it when I say it, shine Down. If you look at charts and things like that, which we don't get into that much because I don't think most people care, but Shindown has done things for a rock band, what they have done and how they have charted, and how many times they have to be in the discussion of a rock and Roll Hall.
Speaker 6: Of Fame band, and pretty much since forty five they've just been in the mainstream.
Speaker 2: YEP, and they got to be coming up on that. So I mean, I really do. I you can't put everybody in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I think Shinedown is going to be a band that's going to be in that discussion. All right, we got people calling. That's good news. It's been a great week for world premieres. Quinton, good morning, up dude, what do you think of that new Shinedown song?
Speaker 22: I thought it was a phenomenal thought like kind of like I were saying, the Laura feed from what they've been up to playing out recently, it's kind of weird to get me fos, But either way, it was great.
Speaker 6: Bough, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Quentin.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hannah, good morning, good morning. Okay, we're talking that new shown song.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I did enjoy that little breakdown towards the end, but overall, hopefully I'm the only one that feels this way. But I just wasn't feeling it.
Speaker 2: Really. Now where are you where? What are your thoughts on shine Down in general? Because I could listen. If you don't like shine Doown, you're not gonna like this song. I mean, this is no, no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 8: I'd like Shineedown, and I agree with y'all definitely need to be in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I just wasn't feeling this song.
Speaker 13: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Okay, Well, I hope a couple more spins, which we are going to spin it more today. I hope you hear it a couple more times. I know Jeremy's going to have it at ten o'clock, all right, so give it a couple more listens, and I'd like to hear back from you. All right. I heard that, okay, Hannah. I appreciate you. Thank you, Sammy.
Speaker 3: Good morning for the Rod.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Sam. What are your thoughts on the new Shindown song?
Speaker 23: I thought it was pretty good, very quintisential. You know, they get into a group and they do what they do and it really will shine down that spot. But I still think that they hit hits as far as like lyrics and vocals go. It's very that's very form. Could have been better as see it a lot. Okay, but there Mela again with page like the maladies there the guitar and beat. Basically they sounded great.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sam. I'm sorry you just got every other salable is being cut out by your phone for some reason. But I think she gave it an eight out of ten. Valerie, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning Rod.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm great, Valerie. We're talking about this new Shine Doown song. It's called Dance Kid Dance Go Ahead.
Speaker 15: I absolutely loved it.
Speaker 24: Normally, with the new premiere comes out, it takes me a few times to listen to love it.
Speaker 23: I can't wait to rock out in August listening to the song, and I can't wait to see Zach on the guitar.
Speaker 2: I loved his bit on the guitar, totally amazing. Yeah, there's Zach's always been a great guitar player. I just feel like he's he's tapping into something right now. You know, everybody knows Brent. Brent's one of the premier voices in rock now, and I think Zach maybe like, hey, I'd like to be in the discussion as far as like rock guitarists out there. I think he wants to be in that discussion. And I think he is in that discussion. He is shredding right now.
Speaker 15: Yip.
Speaker 9: Then.
Speaker 14: I love this spunk and this attitude of just love their vibe together.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Valerie Jeremy, Good morning. All right, all right man, what you got on this new shinedown track?
Speaker 14: Honestly, I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: It's probably one of the best shine out times I've heard in a while. Really wow.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I grew up with forty five and hearing this one.
Speaker 2: To me, it was probably.
Speaker 20: One of the greatest ones I've heard because I liked the way it hit. It had a better rhythm, and it had a better sound than a lot of songs that come out this year last year.
Speaker 2: I agree, Man, it comes right out, and it comes right out, and it's smacksy in the face. Let's do one more. Let's do one more and we'll close it out. Kelsey, good morning, Hey, good morning, good morning. We're talking new shine Down. They released two new songs. I did hear a little bit of the other one. This one definitely rocks a little harder. I'm glad we're going with this one. Dance kid, dance your thoughts.
Speaker 6: So I agree.
Speaker 24: It was definitely one of the most upbeat and harder songs that they put out recently. The beginning of the song kind of sounded a little more punk rocky, but then when we got to the middle, I was like, they're shine down there it is. They broke down on the guitar and I just really I enjoyed it.
Speaker 21: It was good.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Okay, I appreciate you, thank you. I mean, I could take ten more calls on this. Yeah, where was everybody for Poppa Roads?
Speaker 6: But the snowstorm, Yeah snow, they're planning to snow that day, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, not to rain on Shindown's parade. But we also did a world premiere of a Poppa Road song that's really really good, and I don't know if everybody heard it because the city was distracted. But it's been an awesome week for world premiere. Jeremy's gonna have that song for you straight up at ten. We're gonna do it for you every other hour, so you're gonna hear dance kid dance all day. Keep in mind those shine Down tickets do go on sale today at ten am.
Speaker 6: Let's go the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four US.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five buzz three days, Grace and never too late. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Freemier Friday. I've got another case of beer coming up for you, and just a little bit, thank you very much, Specs. And then, oh, don't do not let me forget the rodeo tickets. I will not. That's on you.
Speaker 6: It's on me if I don't responsible.
Speaker 2: If we don't give away rodeo tickets by the time I'm done yapp in here. You hate the listeners and you hate the Rodeo.
Speaker 6: It's a lot to put on me.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, so don't let me forget.
Speaker 5: What was I saying, you're gonna give away Rodeo ticket?
Speaker 2: I am going to give away Rodeo tickets. Great feedback on the Shinedown song. I know that they're one of our most popular bands, they're one of our core artists. But I was just telling a group of students here, how when when we do those world premieres in playing this new Shinedown song and then getting people to call immediately and like getting the interaction with people and people say, boom, right there, they're running hot, they're listening to a new song, and then they tell us their feelings about it unfiltered on the calls. If we've played stuff before, you've heard people, you yourself have said that you don't like certain things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the tool of songs that sucks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that about that.
Speaker 2: That was one of the more famous or infamous reviews of a song that we've played here. But yeah, taking all those calls, I would give that about a ninety ninety five percent. Tile people are into it. Yeah, people are very very into it and Shine Down. They didn't do anything that deviated from what they do. They just they write hits. They're in a groove right now. I talked about Zach and his guitar playing. He is in a groove right now. So two new songs are floating around out there. You can listen to them. We have them on links and guests. We've talked about Shine Down coming to Talent with Bush. We got to wait till August twenty seventh for that show. They're gonna be at the Toyota Center, but tickets will go on sale today at ten am. If you're looking for nine inch Nails tickets, they're not going on sale until Wednesday. So I'm hoping that we still can squeeze in a few win them before they go on sales next week.
Speaker 6: All right, Heyji Chacks, what else?
Speaker 2: What else? Open phones?
Speaker 6: Next hour?
Speaker 2: Chili has the very the first six faces up on our one hundred Love Street Blondes on the wall. It's got to be Love Street Blonde. It can be a can, it can be a bottle, but our first six faces are up. So your homework assignment this weekend is to get yourself involved with some Love Street blondes. Take the selfie, follow the instructions that Chili has for you, send it in and maybe you'll get on the board. Now we have over four hundred people that have sent us things. There's only one hundred spots available on that board.
Speaker 6: That's three hundred disappointed people right now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Lea, but think about all the pictures that are going to be taken this weekend. Are we clear on this that Chili has six picks this weekend? Yes, well you're clear on it. I'm clear on it.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean two thirds of us are Are you there?
Speaker 2: I can't see anybody. I can't look a black screen, just hoping he's there.
Speaker 3: No signor.
Speaker 2: You have six picks this weekend?
Speaker 14: No, there aren't already on the website right now. The one hundred blown the bottles of uh car back.
Speaker 2: I want to hear you say that. I know I have six picks this weekend and a Monday, my six picks are gonna be up on links and guests.
Speaker 14: I can't hear you, man, I'm not having trouble difficulties.
Speaker 3: You're doing that.
Speaker 2: Come on, you got a built in party tonight. There's the iHeart Party, So you can take a bunch of pictures there.
Speaker 14: I think I need the engineers in here a game, dude can here a couple of.
Speaker 2: Pictures tonight, A couple of nonsense pictures of your truck, a sign, picture your dog, and then boom, there's your six picks.
Speaker 14: All I heard is your you're buying pictures of beer. That's all I heard.
Speaker 2: They're better be Is there free beer? Whi'zard? Is there free beer tonight?
Speaker 7: There is?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 22: All right?
Speaker 6: All free bee?
Speaker 14: Probably your first one's free?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Speaking of beer, I got beer in about nineteen minutes for you on tickets Free beer Friday. Thank you, I forget rodeohuston dot com for all your Rodeo information.
Speaker 9: A j R.
Speaker 2: Is Playing March sixth, and we've got a pair of tickets for Coler number ten right now seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 16: Good luck, rockand all sat The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Twenty four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. Nirvana about a girl. All right, here's what's Here's what's laid out for you for the rest of the show. I've got another cake. Well, I've got Alex standing by Houston's headlines. Right, I am here, Okay, good, and then we will get into the fourth and final case of beer. Then we'll get into open phones, and we got alternative income. Back to open Phones. We'll leave you with Buzzfest tickets. Chili has said that we need to step it up, and I promise I'll do this. Next week. We will step it up and really push hard. We got to start talking about mile of meat Valentine's Day. He said, we don't have a whole lot of dudes that have applied yet. So Chili came to me. He said, Rod, I need dudes. I said, okay, I'm.
Speaker 6: Begging you for dude.
Speaker 2: I can help you with that.
Speaker 6: Dudes more than anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'll help you with that. We will focus Jully. I promise we will focus a lot on that next week. Sonny's guys today, no rain, high of fifty seven, were doing. Lots of rain coming your way on Sunday. Alex has more in Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 5: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 6: President Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday that called for the release of documents surrounding the assassination of John F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy. Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King Junior.
Speaker 6: The JFK Assassination Records Collection Act of nineteen ninety two required documents on President Kennedy to be released to the public by twenty seventeen. Trump first ordered for the documents to be released back in twenty seventeen, but later allowed an extension for that. Then former President Biden also allowed another extension. Trump said that the release of these records is long overdue.
Speaker 2: Even with the release of all that stuff, like all those nut jobs that obsess about conspiracy theories, mafia Cuba specifically JFK. They're going to release all this stuff. Here's what happened, and still no one's going to believe it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nothing more CONFI that's why they released it. Yeah, made it up what I would say, That's what I'm going to I know that. Going to say that. There's another light freeze in the forecast this morning, but it looks like things should warm up by the weekend. We should be in the fifties for most of this weekend, and we'll see a warm front moving in on Sunday. Sunday is also going to add some rain to the forecast. That looks like it's going to stick around for most of next week. But maybe now you can unwrap those pipes. If you've had the pipes up, then you can put your old people and your pets back outside again. That's what we always say here.
Speaker 2: Unwrap the old people. Unwrap your old people to outside, take them out for a walk.
Speaker 6: You HAUL released a list of the states that the most people moved to last year, and number one on that list was South Carolina, followed by Texas, North Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. Texas had been the top moved to state for the previous three years. Before this, California was the state that the least amount of people moved to for the fifth consecutive year.
Speaker 2: I think this is good news for most people that I talked to, Like they don't want any more people here in Texas, Like we got enough people, we don't need anymore. I just want I want just enough people to come to Houston that we overtake Chicago. I don't know why it means so much to me. I want to be the third biggest city, the third biggest, right, Yes, I want to be number three Chicago. We've got to be within few people of taking overtaking Chicago as being the third biggest. I think it'll do wonders for the city. For the city, I don't know you're in how many more people we have, but you're in the trinity now, you know what I mean? Like Chicago, Like you would be New York, LA, Houston than Chicago. I would love the sound of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've done me the coolest of all of those still are Anyways. Fox will be televising this year's Super Bowl, and they're charging upwards of seven million dollars for a thirty second Super Bowl ad, which means companies are loading these expensive commercials up with celebrities. Some Super Bowl commercials we've seen teas so far include Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt in a commercial for Metas Ray Band sunglasses. Post Malone and Shane Gillis are going to be reviving the wuz up ad for bud Light this year. Dojie Kat's going to be in a Taco Bell ad, and Stella Artois is teaming up with David Beckham. The super Bow will be Sunday, February ninth in New Orleans. No word on whether or not Rod Ryan will be in attendance inten Villa bills and still don't follow up.
Speaker 2: You did that story about Billy Crystal, Harry met Sally.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll probably be on it too, right, they didn't say it was a super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got to be a Super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 6: Bad Omens literally brought the house down during a show in Australia this week, and by that I mean fans were injured by falling ceiling tiles during their set. It happened while they were playing at a festival haul in Melbourne on Wednesday night. At one point, confetti cannons were fired and some fans had a little bit more than confetti fall down on them. No word on the severity of the injuries, but during the band's show last night, frontman Noah Sebastian told the crowd that the band was absolutely stunned by what happened. Those are Houston's headlines, all right.
Speaker 2: We got some big football games. There's like four teams left in the big race here to get to forty teams left.
Speaker 6: Conference championship weekend in the NFL, the Eagles are going to host the Commanders on Sunday in the NFC Championship Game at two o'clock.
Speaker 5: You can watch that on Fox.
Speaker 6: The Eagles are six point favorites, but who cares go Commanders. And then in the other game at five thirty, the Bills are going to take on the Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game.
Speaker 5: We've got a bunch of Chiefs fans right around us right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I've heard. So what does this mean? The Bills are plus two sixty odds to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: If you win one hundred dollars on the Bills, you would win two hundred and sixty dollars on top of your one hundred. So that means they don't think they're gonna win, or your new minus numbers means you're like a heavier favorite, usually with like four teams, Like what is the Chiefs? Do you know what the Chiefs are? They're probably the favorite or the Eagles are I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just look at the Bills.
Speaker 6: You see a negative number. That means you have to put down more money than you would win, So you'd have to lay down more money to win more money. You could talk about that every day on this show. I know I've I've tried to explain over unders to you and you don't understand what like over four and a half means.
Speaker 2: It means there's either three or five. I've been watching football longer than you. No one's ever scored a half point, right, But that means you're betting on one side of it.
Speaker 6: If it's three thirty and a half point, you can't score thirty and a half, so you're either gonna win or lose.
Speaker 2: The bat don't bring up half points. There's no such ting. I'm dempting.
Speaker 5: It's a betting thing. It's a betting thing.
Speaker 2: Weirdos.
Speaker 6: Basketball Rockets are gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They're taking on the Calves on the road. Calves are the hottest or a best team in the NBA right now. But the Rockets did just beat them a couple of nights ago. Tip off of me at six thirty, and you could listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: You got free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and we're Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: And we're right free bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Ryan, right right, Good morning, rod Ryan Schrump, Good morning, brother rod Well.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this? This is Chris, Hi, Chris. How are you? I'm doing good, sir?
Speaker 1: How about you?
Speaker 2: Pretty great? Pretty great today. I've got one case of beer left. You want it?
Speaker 1: You know I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't know. I just I figured that's why you were calling fourth and final case of beers going to you?
Speaker 1: Chris.
Speaker 2: Where are you from there, I'm from Spring Texas? Okay, daddy, Oh, have a great weekend, you too. Thank you, guys, thank you, ma'am, thank you. Okay, that's Chris. He's got the beer. Chilli said he did give away those Rodeo Houston tickets. Okay, we're caught up on that. We are going to get to alternative income coming up in just a little bit. We got Buzzfest tickets for you backloaded on the show. Chili has, hey, okay, let's get an open phones.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: There you go. Okay, open phones for Friday, Open phones for Friday, more like open phones frying Yay? Okay, Chili said, yes, please step it up on discussing mile of meat so we get some more people in here Open phones Friday seven one, three, two, one, two, five, nine or five. You know the rules. There aren't many. Let's get in and out. What you got, what you want to talk about? Jimmy, Good morning, Good morning, Rod, Hey, Jimmy, welcome to open Phones Friday.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 2: Great? Better than great? Right now? To be honest with you, what do you got for open phones today?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I was calling you are all right?
Speaker 2: Well? Well, I'm out of beers, Jimmy, So I have one question for you. Can can my Buffalo bills beat the Kansas City Chiefs? Yes or no? Jimmy, you're your Buffalo bills are going to beat Kansas City? Oh my god, I'm so glad you called.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad you.
Speaker 24: Tired.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people are tired of Kansas City overrated. Thank you, Jimmy, I appreciate you. Good Good morning, Rod, Ryan Show, Good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 1: Damn it?
Speaker 2: All right? I'm out of beer, by the way, just making sure I think everybody's still calling for beer. I'm out of beer. It's open phones Friday. You got something for rus? What you got? Okay? Listen, I mean you guys just want to talk about the Buffalo bills for an hour. I'm cool.
Speaker 5: I know that's the.
Speaker 2: Wrong market for that, but yeah, thank you, Thank you man. I really appreciate that. Josh Tree.
Speaker 1: Yo, what up?
Speaker 2: Josh Tree?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: You're on open phones?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I just want to lose y'all know y'all are doing a great job.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Josh, I mean waiting for the butt. You're a bit of a ball breaker. When you say something nice, I feel like something will be taken away from us. Where is this? Where is this going?
Speaker 1: No, I'm being I'm being on it. You have to do it a good, good job.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Alex and Chili have really kind of stepped it up, and uh are doing a phenomenal job. I agree with you. Josh Tree, thank you very much. Helping phones continues. That's another the line open seven one, three, two, two, five nine four five. Christina in Montgomery, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey, So I'm actually in Lafayette listening to you all on iHeart. I can't have my morning without my rod Ryan show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it. Now we don't Lafayette, Louisiana.
Speaker 8: Yes, I have a good friend that just moved out here. So I started a new job Monday. So I'm like, oh, I got to town before I.
Speaker 2: Start my new job. Were you there for all the snow?
Speaker 8: No, I came here yesterday, but there's still a ton of snow on the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Louisiana got way more snow than we did.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I keep thinking I'm up north. I'm like, no, I'm just losing it.
Speaker 2: It was. It was so surreal walking around the heights near my house with snow on the ground. I mean, we've all at this point we've seen snow before, but this was this really was like maybe once in a lifetime type stuff. I mean the way that it lasted, it was a playing it. Yeah, it was so cool. What you got, Christina.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm just you know, longtime listener. I called Jolwood. I think on the second for first call to day. I just want to say, hey, you know, love listening to y'all. It's been fun. You know, I miss Tessa, but it's been fun listening to just three of y'all handle things.
Speaker 7: It's tough, you know.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That means the world to me. We are still we are still looking, We are you know I'm interviewing. I haven't really talked too much about that on the air, but we're like, we're actively we're interviewing people, and.
Speaker 8: I know the big thing that you excited to hear who y'all knew the co host will be Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just you better be nice to them.
Speaker 2: I can't get it wrong. I just I don't want it. I don't want to get it wrong. And Alex and Chili are doing such a good job. And this is where I appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. They're allowing they're allowing me and Wizard to not rush into something because they're doing such a good job. We're not going to just slam and or throw somebody into that position.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: We want to make sure that we get the right person because we all got to work with them. You guys got to you guys have to like them. We have to like them. It's tough, it's not easy.
Speaker 14: It's not easy.
Speaker 2: You just think that there's just a ton of likable people out there that are needing a radio job, and it's not the case. It's finding that that person that and you're going on a wing in a prayer too. It's like dating somebody, you know, you just everybody you date, you hope they're going to be cool. And then how many and then and then how long does it take for that turn that personally become a turn?
Speaker 8: You know, it's like your hot I'm single and I'm hut there.
Speaker 14: In the dating Okay.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's just like bringing somebody in here. It's there's it's it is just one molecule removed from dating. It really is all right, and I'm.
Speaker 8: Excited to see the bills hopefully be the chief send for bus Best. I'm just sitting get my tickets, then I'll be there.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right. Thank you Christina, thank you, safe travels. I appreciate you checking in on the iHeart app. All right, we got a chance for you to win a thousand dollars coming up. We'll do that after the break Alex online and then right back to your phone call seven one three two one two five nine four five open phones. My favorite radio, my favorite radio radio hour of the entire week, Rock and Al Tear you sod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 16: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five in the buzs. Just like the man said, I'm gonna get back to your phone calls in just the moment. But my man Alex Online, Kid's Alex Online ninety four five, the much All right, what you got dude?
Speaker 6: All right, today's AOL is gonna help you kill some times where it's called quick draw and you're pretty much you're gonna be given a prompt as to what you have to draw, and then you have twenty seconds to draw with the goal of trying to make the computer recognize what you're drawing.
Speaker 5: So right now, it told me to draw a rabbit, I'm gonna see I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna put the little ears there. It's a little bunny face.
Speaker 2: This is what you're doing when you're getting ready in the morning.
Speaker 5: This is this is no, this is what I'm doing when I'm prepping for the show.
Speaker 6: Okay, sure he's part of it that does not recognize my rabbit, but I'm only doing it on one finger touch pad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I put the rabbit ears. I thought that that was no.
Speaker 6: No, sin's a nice time me to draw a computer keyboard. You pretty much just do it and see how good you are drawing. I'm not good at drawing, so I did not recognize mine. But that is Uh, that's what you can do today at the world is Rod Ryan showpage the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right, boy, man, phones are ringing in it's open. All right, let's go back over to the phone seven one, three, four five. What do you want to talk about? All right? I'm interested in what Ted has to say, Ted, good morning, Good morning. Sometimes Chili going it's going well. Sometimes Chili will on the back end and say, hey, you know, what is it you want to get into with Rod? Do you have an interest in this jfk RFK MLK these documents? You think we're gonna uncover some crazy, wicked secrets that we didn't know about. We'll shoot.
Speaker 25: I don't have an opinion on what we're gonna want cover, but I mean, what do you think is gonna spark the most interest out of all three?
Speaker 7: What do you think is gonna bubble to the surface.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 7: Do you think SHOULDA get the most attention?
Speaker 6: JFKV this.
Speaker 2: I got to be honest with you. I think we're gonna uncover this stuff. We're gonna get to look at all of it, and then we're gonna realize, you know what they kind of told us everything already like that's it. I don't I really don't think they're hiding much. People have been digging at this for such a long time. It would be cool. But I go back to those UFO, those congressional hearings that just happened.
Speaker 11: I have.
Speaker 2: I followed this guy who is mister UFO loves it. He said, wait till you see what happens. This is the biggest thing in UFO history in front of these congressional whatever these knuckleheads are.
Speaker 6: There's still eight nothing came of it.
Speaker 14: Zero.
Speaker 2: So I don't just wait until.
Speaker 24: The History Channel gets hold of it.
Speaker 7: Man, They're gonna draw this this out.
Speaker 2: Maybe so maybe so. Thanks Bro, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Nick.
Speaker 2: Good morning. You're next up on open phones.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, good morning. What's going on?
Speaker 21: Brother?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Nick, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: What you got for us?
Speaker 7: Hey, man, I don't know if you attended the recent Monster dam event, but the Rob Ryan show tru driver this year was awesome and the kids loved him. We thought he was going to take the show.
Speaker 6: That dude has potential to win every time he drives.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what the heck's his name? I'll think of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was amazing. I didn't catch the name, but we would like to see that driver again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we thought he was going to take the take. I hope he's driving against Preston.
Speaker 6: Preston might have been a time before that, Preston Peez. So we don't get to They kind of do all of that behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: We don't get much say in that. But man, if we can get him to drive for us again, you're right, he's got potential to win. Every time he's out there. I mean freestyle. He just lays it out there and I tell him, I'm listen, freestyle, destroy this truck. You have my blessing. Destroy this truck. Okay, I want everything flapping off of it by the time you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Man, he had us all on our feet. The kids loved it and they want to see him again. And if I can't, I like to shout out kids, Nick and Violet.
Speaker 6: Okay, Nick and Violet, shout out to you.
Speaker 2: Very good man. We'll see you guys at Monster Jam. We'll be down there in the pits two February one, February two, and then the following Saturday. Ray, You're next up on open phones.
Speaker 25: Good morning, heany, good morning, recently, three Houston firefighters were injured and burned. We're doing a benefit for them on March eighth at the Pitch twenty five Beer Park.
Speaker 2: Okay, energy, live music fun for the whole family. So is this something that you need to sign up for online beforehand or can you just kind of show up on the eighth and kind of help out.
Speaker 25: Show up on the eighth noon to four, live music fun for the whole family.
Speaker 2: That sounds great, all right, keep up the good work man. That is awesome. That is awesome. Call her number teen. Robbie everybody. Robbye morning, mister Ry, Good morning, Robbie.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 18: How you doing great?
Speaker 2: Hell y'all doing fantastic? You good, Alex, I'm doing great. Good And Robbie, Robbie is a good football guy. He knows his stuff. Even though he got the score and everything wrong with that. Texans can the city. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 18: The referee screwed me over all.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was the ref's fault. That was the reps right there.
Speaker 18: That was not a head to helmet hit, that was hands to the chest. And then the guy was off when he missed the field goal. They should have had a second opportunity on that.
Speaker 2: We all saw it, Robbie, I got it. I've not asked anybody this on the air because no one else cares but me. But I care about what you think. I want to score. I want to score on the bills Kansas City game.
Speaker 18: I'm writing to down go twenty seven to twenty four bills as long as they don't have the same zebras that the Texas had. Robbie, Oh, yeah, right about the JFK and everything they're releasing. Yeah, well, he's doing that so he can take some of the heat off of his butt.
Speaker 7: That course of riding.
Speaker 5: I no, I was really stepped a distract us. I think too.
Speaker 2: I know people say that, but look at look at that, but this instead. He said that while he was campaigning Trump on Joe Rogan. He said, listen, I'm gonna get in there. I'm going to open up all these things. I'm gonna let you guys. I mean, I want the Bigfoot files. I want the UFO FI, I want them all. I want to see the Sasquatch and the lock this monster.
Speaker 6: I want to know who killed, who really did the OJ killing? So I want to know that is there still a question on all he was.
Speaker 2: Acquitted, Rick, You're next up on open phones. Good morning, Good morning Rob, Hello, Rick? What you got for us?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 25: So this morning, every morning I wake up to your epic song at the beginning of the show, ed Man Everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've been listening to it for half my life and I just want to know what's the story behind it. Okay, So intro music plays at around six or five fifty five AM. It goes on for way longer than it should. I still can't believe I get away with it, to be honest with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fifteen minute.
Speaker 2: Song like Wizard is right here right now. I don't even like talking about it because I'm waiting him to say, dude, you got a shot. It's it's it comes from a CD. It's a tribute to the to the world's greatest drummer, Buddy Rich and it's the drummer from Guns N' Roses and he's playing with the big band. People think that it's like the Tonight Show music, and it's not, even though I still use Ed McMahon, who's been dead for twenty years. But yeah, I don't know. It's just it was something that I started a long, long time ago. I used it because it got me pumped up, and I just thought, you go with your gut like this kind of gets me pumped up and ready to go for the show. And it doesn't sound like anything else. So when you hear that music, something's happening. It's not just another rock song or anything. It sounds there's nothing else on this radio station that sounds like that. When it plays, you know that something's about to happen. And I hoped that that would convey to you guys when you heard it as well, it's like, oh, something's going down. You know what's going down. The Rod Ryan Show's about to come in here and smack your favorite morning you know. That's I mean, that's that's the story. But it's a it's a tribute to Buddy Rich, and it's an old it's an old Buddy Rich like swing jazz song, you know, big band. Yeah, I love it. By the end of the fifteen minutes, I'm fucked.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not fifteen minutes long. Okay, Okay, how do you want to talk about it? Because somebody's gonna get rid of it? Then all right, that's another line open.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So much Rick seven to one, three, two and two five nine four five. If you want in on open Phones, I got one more segment with you guys, come on.
Speaker 1: Call in these monsters. If the musical grid Iron came to play.
Speaker 6: The Ron Ryan chowl on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: To the bus ninety four five, the buzz sener, fake it, good morning, Fake it till you make it. Ron Ryan's show on this Open Phones Friday. Just like this music here, I just like it. It's the Magnificent Magnificent seven. It's an old Western. So when we came to Radio Wizard because the guy was asking about the opening song of the of the show, where did it come from? And I don't know. In my head magic, I know we needed a song for Open Phones Friday, and I just and this is how I overthink things. I'm going through everything, I'm going through every piece of music possible, and I kept going back to this. There's certainly nothing Western about what we're doing right now.
Speaker 6: And close, but for some reason it fits. It's Open Phones Friday, at least in my head it fits. We didn't have a guy shoot a.
Speaker 5: Gun off during Friday, so that's kind of last I mean.
Speaker 2: I picture you and chili, riding up on your horses, answering the phones. Good morning, boom boom, you're next up on open phones. What's going on, Rod? How are you today? I'm doing great, man? What you got for us? Man?
Speaker 10: I'm calling about our taco drive we're gonna have for the Deputy Vargain family.
Speaker 2: Oh nice. When is this going to be.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be.
Speaker 10: February first, that morning from seven am to ten thirty am. Of course, we're gonna hold it at the Garattia Italian Kitchen right there in Paarland. All one hundred percent of the benefits go back to the family. It's not a percentage of the food. Of all donations go back to the family.
Speaker 2: You're a good person, yeah, And everybody and the garazzi of people, we know them very well and they're awesome. They're always raising their hand, they're first in line to help out with all these things. So obviously what you're doing is a great, great thing. Absolutely.
Speaker 10: And then we're gonna have also a free concert right after that at Great Pizza and Shakes, which also they own for Junior. Gordon Band's gonna be out there playing for everybody, So bring your.
Speaker 16: Family out there.
Speaker 10: They're also gonna have a lot of silent auctions from fishing trips to all kinds of rodeo tickets, so there'll be lots of auction things. If you find us on Facebook the Taker Drive for the Vargas family, you can click on that link. You can also do donations through that link as well. And we appreciate the Rod Ryan show. We were out at your anniversary show. What an amazing show, brother, that was one of my top concerts to ever go to me too. I was lucky enough to be in the VIP area over there, and what an awesome show.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. If you don't mind, if you have a link, if you send that along to us, Chili would be more than happy to kind of forward that along and put it up on our Facebook page too. Thank you. Boom boom. Is it Elena Elena?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, Elena Eleena?
Speaker 2: What's your name? How do you say it? Alina?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 6: I think it's Elena. I think you've been saying it wrong your whole life.
Speaker 5: Are you sure you're say your name? R?
Speaker 6: What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 2: You're on?
Speaker 21: I just want you to tell my boyfriend Zach a belated birthday. It was on the fourteenth, and he will listen toe y'all show almost every morning.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know him. You tell him belated birthday, related birth Okay, So what did you get him? Did you buy him a present? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: What'd you get him?
Speaker 5: What'd you get him?
Speaker 2: Did you buy him a present? What did you get him? We're all wondering, We're all hanging on the edge of your seat right now.
Speaker 19: Got it.
Speaker 21: I'm sorry my phone was messed up. I got him the Blue day Chanel cologne.
Speaker 6: Oh that's good, and then some other little stuff.
Speaker 2: So all right, Well, happy belated birthday to your dude. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're a good check. Thank you, Thank you. A Leo is that your name? Yeah, A Leo. You're Leo there, you old guy.
Speaker 6: You're so close.
Speaker 2: If it's a fifty to fifty, I'm always gonna go the wrong way. A Leo, Leo, Leo.
Speaker 1: Good morn.
Speaker 2: What you got? Good one? How are you great?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Of course.
Speaker 16: More than anything, it's just an appreciation.
Speaker 22: I've been listening to the show since.
Speaker 2: I was like three or four years old.
Speaker 7: I want to give a shout out to my parents and my amazing brothers.
Speaker 2: Offer and Silith are putting me on this as I was a little kid, and I I give every critics y'all to my amazing music for there excuse me the Green Day see Either du the Great all.
Speaker 22: These amazing fans that you know that bore.
Speaker 2: Y'all, me couldn't have figured out if it wasn't a few guys. So I want to appreciate the show and appreciate you guys so much. Y'all basically have been there to almost every stage.
Speaker 1: In my life.
Speaker 2: Are you twenty five years old? I'bout thirty twenty three?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 21: Damn?
Speaker 2: All right? Bro?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm not not to make you feel old or anything.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no, And I say that to everybody. Give me that makes me feel great. Yeah, old, but that makes me feel great. And I know, I mean listen, as you're a two or a three and a four year old, it's your parents that are doing it right and that are that are raising you on this stuff. And it's like, man, you know, so shout out to your parents for forgetting it right all those years. Man, I appreciate that. All right, Troy, what you got?
Speaker 8: You just want to shout out the Buffalo bills and throw open lord.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's go. I don't mind shouting out the Buffalo bills. You've got a score for me on Sunday. What's the score Bill's case?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go thirty five twenty eight?
Speaker 6: Oh dude, that'd be cool.
Speaker 2: No, I'll be so happy. I just want to come in and be in. I want to be in a great mood. Can I Can I have nice things? Can I have nice stuff? Once in my life?
Speaker 6: You deserved?
Speaker 2: All right, Troy, thank you. I'm gonna do. We're gonna go one more.
Speaker 20: Date.
Speaker 2: Dina. Don you, Dana, Dina? What's your what's your Nametina? Dina, Dina? Yes, hi, Dina, good morning. You're on open phones.
Speaker 3: What you got for us?
Speaker 2: Just all you and all that.
Speaker 15: I have been enjoying ninety four five cents I think nineteen nine, and I've enjoyed it more since you've gotten there.
Speaker 2: My gosh, thank you. That's such a sweet thing for you to say. It really is.
Speaker 15: That's so much so.
Speaker 2: I just passed up the street to my house. You know what, I'm closing it out with this because I don't think it's gonna get any better. It's not gonna get any nicer. It's not gonna get any better than your phone call right now. I was already having a great day, but you've made it better. Thank you. I want you to have a great weekend. Okay, thank you so much. How you gonna get better than that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I got on top.
Speaker 2: The next call might be they hate me. I don't want to take that call coming up. We're gonna leave you with Buzzfest tickets. Thank you for all the calls on open phones.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Some of you guys are doing some great benefits out there, and it's we get good people out there. Man, we got a good group. Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. We're gonna give you a ticket. We're gonna give you a pair of tickets on Know the Show, Alex will have a question for you on the flip of this.
Speaker 16: Brights His Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 11: The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show nine. All right to pry. We got a little bit of time left before we turn you loose. On the weekend, we'll let Jeremy come in. He's gonna be playing that new Shine Down track, which is awesome dance kid dance. I know that's coming up. Yeah, um we I'm sitting on a pair of Buzzfest tickets Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Let's know the show.
Speaker 6: You have a question, I do?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: What state dethroned? Texas as the most moved to state in the United States? Y just their last last year.
Speaker 2: It's one list. I'm happy that we got dethroned.
Speaker 6: I mean we had always, I think three years in a row we were number one, but now we are a number two? Who dethroned us?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: What state? More people are moving to the state than Texas. Now we only went down to number two on this so right, so number two, there's still plenty of here's the new number one coming in seven one three, two, one two five five Never miss a minute ninety four five. The Buzz is with you in your pocket. Tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeart Radio, ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. That's the verve and bittersweet symphony. Well, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Radio Wizard said, we should play you a little bit.
Speaker 3: Can you give me?
Speaker 2: Can you give me both of those shineedown songs? Yeah, they're both in the system right now. So Dance Kid Dance is the new shine Down and it's the one that we're kind of premiering. And Jeremy's gonna play that for you straight up at ten o'clock and then we'll play it again at twelve two. You guys can do that math right. Every two hours they did release a second song. Two songs were released. Wizard kind of in his world, chose the one I think is the more rocking of the two. That's the one that we played for you, for sure. But the other one is is pretty good too. We had a little extra minute, we thought maybe we would play it for you guys, just as we could hear I'm.
Speaker 5: Waiting on the computer right now.
Speaker 6: It's super fun. Yeah, oh maybe I love this studio.
Speaker 2: All right, maybe I can do it here. What's the name of the song? What is it called?
Speaker 5: Three six five?
Speaker 2: Three six five.
Speaker 6: Sounds like a yingan trim sun.
Speaker 2: Here it is, I Got you three six five all right? This is the other shine Down song that they released this again is on the way.
Speaker 3: Been sitting around this thousand days.
Speaker 2: Waiting on the flood. It's good, it's good. It just sounds like deaf Leopard that it's hysteria.
Speaker 7: Been hanging on.
Speaker 2: To everyone.
Speaker 1: The I'm.
Speaker 2: I kind of like everything that they do. I'm they're in that Foo fighter territory for me, like I'm not a good judge.
Speaker 6: This does sound pretty cool too.
Speaker 2: So the one that we're going with that's called three six five, this is the one that Jeremy's gonna play. Yeah, it rocks.
Speaker 6: This is the one we should be playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah it rocks.
Speaker 6: Good call Wizard.
Speaker 2: You gotta say something nice about the Wizard. Well, I mean we we we hate on him sometimes, but I.
Speaker 6: Must pasht this never hate.
Speaker 2: It's a healthy respect. Yeah, behind every back, we still love him.
Speaker 6: We need to tell him sometimes.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Jeremy's gonna have this one for you. He's now time for you know this show on ninety four five. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this Hi?
Speaker 16: This is Lauren?
Speaker 2: Hey, Lauren welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 2: Great? Did you get a chance to hear that Shine Down song? I mean more than that little clip that we just played here. Did you hear it earlier?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 21: I thought it was very good.
Speaker 2: I liked it too. I liked it too. Jeremy's got it in like four minutes. So everyone else if you haven't heard the new rock and Shine Down and we have it on links and guests, It's on the music blog page. But let's talk about getting you some Buzzfest tickets. Okay, Lauren, let's listen to Alex. What is your question? Dude?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Lauren?
Speaker 2: What state?
Speaker 6: Dethrone? Texas is the most moved to state in the United States?
Speaker 2: Last year with South Carolina?
Speaker 5: It was whoa the.
Speaker 6: Game Cock state?
Speaker 1: Lauren?
Speaker 2: We want to party with you at Muzfest. You want a guest? Okay? Are the Saturday May twenty fourth, Woodland's pavilion tickets are available And you guys know the lineup? Chavelle Marilyn Manson Blue October Pod Evan's Blue and Sleep Theory. What's got you most excited about that lineup?
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm excited for all of it.
Speaker 23: It sounds it sounds great.
Speaker 22: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Dacan Lauren, you sound like you're gonna be super awesome the party with If you're awesome and you want to party with us at buzzfests, ticketmaster dot com get your tickets to A shout out to those of you that are getting paid today. Right, I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell.
Speaker 6: I gotta have more cow bell, bab I got.
Speaker 2: A fever, and the only prescriptions more cow bell. That's gonna do it for us. I've said it four times on the air. Now, Chili's got six picks this week, I'm not gonna say it again.
Speaker 14: That's it.
Speaker 2: Monday, Chili will have six picks. He'll be showing us what a fantastic weekend he's.
Speaker 5: I bet he's gonna have the best.
Speaker 2: He's about to embark them. I get to see him tonight. I'm excited.
Speaker 6: I'm more jealous.
Speaker 2: You get to see Chili at our Is it a Christmas party? What is it?
Speaker 5: It's definitely on Christmas time?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we have a iHeart party tonight and then uh, I don't know. Then we turn Chili loose and we see what he does. All right. So I've already mentioned that Jeremy's up next. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, NonStop nooner. He doesn't even stop for commercials. He's an animal, but he's got that shine down in every two hours, you're gonna hear that brand new Shinedown song. It is awesome. I am hoping that next week we get to still continue with the nine inch nails, win them before they go on sale. Nine inch Nails tickets going on sale on a Wednesday next week. Oddly enough, now I see six beautiful people up on the beer board. The first six faces are up on our one hundred Love Street Blondes on the wall. Bottles are cans as long as this Love Street blonde. You're twenty one or older. Your homework this weekend to get some beers. Take the selfie and submit it officially through the website. A lot of you are sending me emails, and that's cool if you want to just back it up to let me know that you're playing, but you have to submit officially through links and guests world Famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Next week, we're going to talk a lot about Mile of Meat. We really really says we need more dudes. We need single dudes to apply to be in the Mile of Meat. Valentine's Day, you guys said you want to do these fun things. I want to do these fun things. Let's do it. Okay. I got a story next week that I'm going to share with you. There's a couple that I ran into. I ran into a guy. He got married Mile of Meat won. That's awesome, A marriage that we didn't know about. He'd never come to me. I just I just saw him at a restaurant. He's like, dude, I don't know if you know this or not, but I married a gal from the Mile of Meat the first time you did it? Why have you never called me to tell me that?
Speaker 5: So happily and love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got that whole story. I'm gonna share that with you guys next week. All right, that's it, Go Bills, go Bill. Okay, I can play along with all of that. Guys, have a great weekend.
Speaker 14: Be careful.
Speaker 2: We'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 11: Hey, am APF.
Speaker 6: Do you.
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 18: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.