Speaker 1: It's time for what you're watching Wednesday. Follow is brought to you in living color, but you're watching in there. Americans love television. They win their kids USA Television, Mancha Beta.
Speaker 2: You've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 3: The Angels game has been on. That's what we're watching here in the studio, among other things. And if they go to extra innings again. The Angels have won two in a row in Saint Louis in extra innings and they're tied at five right now in the bottom of the eighth.
Speaker 4: Well it's early in the season, yes, but still it's just like when it's a game like one nine, where you're like, come on.
Speaker 1: I want to go home. I think it's not a new show.
Speaker 5: But I've been watching Hunted on Amazon Prime. It's about a bunch of people that are quote unquote fugitives in Britain or Australia and they need to go on the run for thirty days from ex police military intelligence officers and if they can stay hidden and avoid capture for a month, they win a cash prize. So it's kind of interesting how they stay hidden and how they're tracked down.
Speaker 3: You've had three different versions of that show. By the way, twenty fifteen was a British series. In twenty seventeen they did an American version, and then in twenty eighteen, I think it is they did an Australian version, So he may have been right on all those.
Speaker 4: Love on the Spectrum Season three is out today on Netflix, and.
Speaker 2: This is just a joy of a show.
Speaker 4: And the thing that always strikes me about watching this show is the realization that we are all on the spectrum a little bit to some degree.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I would have said that it was proof that we are built for some amount of love, like we're built to be relationships with people, and not just like friendship relationships, because obviously those are important too.
Speaker 1: But that.
Speaker 3: Almost eight billion people, how many are on this earth, there's a there's a need for that more intimate connection with somebody, and that it doesn't matter what's going on, how neuro divergent you might be, there's still some of that core.
Speaker 1: Mechanism in there that drives you to.
Speaker 3: That, right, And I've it's and like you said, it's such a pleasant It's a pleasant show these young people who have some sort of neurodivergence whatever the correct term is, and they're looking to date because they see their older sisters do it, or they see their older brothers do it, or they see their families, you know, encourage them to go out and find love.
Speaker 4: Part of the wonderful thing about it is it's so phony, isn't it out there in the dating world.
Speaker 2: Look no further than The.
Speaker 4: Bachelor, where they're all lying to each other and themselves, and it's all so phony and so prepackaged and produced and awful. This is the antithesis of that.
Speaker 1: This is as.
Speaker 4: Real and raw and unfiltered as a dating show could possibly get because there's.
Speaker 2: No other option. That's the beauty of it.
Speaker 4: To hear people be completely honest with themselves and with other people about who they are is refreshing.
Speaker 1: What do you think love is? It'll be like a fairy tale, A natural high, I suppose gets your heart racing, can.
Speaker 5: Make people do crazy things.
Speaker 1: You just feel very warm inside yourself as a person.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just such a clear, unvarnished, and like you said, uncontaminated view of dating and relationship. There are three trailers up right now. If you're looking for something to get excited about. Kfi AM six forty dot com Slash Gary and Shannon. One of them is for Final Destination Bloodlines. This has got to be what the eighth movie, and that is it?
Speaker 2: Everybody dead at this point, I.
Speaker 1: Thought, so one is called One Battle after Another.
Speaker 3: Leon Ardo DiCaprio is in Paul Thomas Anderson's new movie, and then the new Karate Kid Legends. It's called Karate Kid Legends. Who do you think is in Karate Kid Legends? Uh, mister Miyagi, yes, no.
Speaker 1: Oh, he died, he died.
Speaker 2: I would say Johnny Lawrence.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ralph Komachia.
Speaker 3: Ralph Macchio is in this one, but so is Jackie Chan. If you remember, Jackie Chan was with Jaden Smith in the Karate Kid reboot and now they're combining universes.
Speaker 4: There was an article in the La Times and the headline is.
Speaker 2: The box Office's bleak.
Speaker 4: And when you talk about these trailers and things that are coming out, I have to agree with that headline.
Speaker 2: Specifically because we.
Speaker 4: Were just looking off the air about wondering about Val Kilmer. Was he nominated for his role in Tombstone in ninety three. We're going through the guys that were nominate and the movies that came out, and it wasn't just because we were younger, and I thought that that was like when the best movies were being made. Those are really great movies that were made in the early.
Speaker 1: Had a lot of competitions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're in the middle of watching watching Wednesday, talking about some of the shows on the TV or.
Speaker 6: What you watching Wednesday on Hulu. There's a show called My Best Friends and Animal and you guys would love it. Some of the animals are like a chicken, wild Australian cockatoo's a vulture, spider, rhinos, kangaroos, elephants and more. So I know you guys would love it best.
Speaker 1: Probably would produced by National Geographs.
Speaker 2: Everyone lobby. Joe's mom came on.
Speaker 1: The real one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, the fake one, fa one.
Speaker 1: Jennifer was her name.
Speaker 4: And you were like, like a lobster. Oh my god, that was so funny. And then the real one came on and she sounded just as lovable.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would have said that, really, it is just as lovable. She was more lovable than the one. I thought she was delightful.
Speaker 3: I thought they were a little upset at first, but once she realized that we were just having fun.
Speaker 1: Seemed to put down her Canadian.
Speaker 2: But you profiled her perfectly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I nailed it without knowing much about her, kind of nailed it the studio on Apple TV Plus.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Now, I asked you if this is kind of an inside Baseball thing, I feel like it's like an inside Hollywood thing where you don't know a lot about Hollywood, You're not going to get the jokes.
Speaker 3: I don't know a lot about Hollywood's I don't know enough about Hollywood to say that there are jokes that I'm missing. Okay, so I'll say that, but you don't need to know all. Even if there are, you don't need to know. There are other funny things about what it is. It's written by Seth Rogan and a couple of other people. Seth Rogan plays this guy who is elevated to studio head first fictional Continental Studios. And there are some things that I always get a kick out of recognizing places in shows. Listen, we live here, so it's not like you know a lot of the shows that are made are made here, so I recognize a lot of them. But it was funny they have a dinner scene at the smokehouse just around the corner, and we've been there a handful of times for different meetings with different people.
Speaker 1: But it was funny.
Speaker 3: Because I turned to my wife and I go I had a meeting with my boss in that same restaurant. It may have even been in that same booth. And it's that kind of thing is funny. They also spend a lot of time walking around their studio lot. Even though it's supposed to be a fictional studio, it's clearly the Warner Brothers a lot over here, so you get to see all of the buildings in Burbank kind of in the background that we drive by every time we get we go to work. So some of that is fun seth Rogen is a is a guy that not everybody loves, and his sort of frenetic, bumbly comedy doesn't fit for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: You mean in real life or in this show?
Speaker 3: No, I mean in real life they actors. There's some people just don't like him. Then they don't think he's as funny as he has been made out to be. But this is a very well written show. There are some funny cameos in it, which I think probably drive it and it has driven some of the popularity of it. Like Ron Howard shows up in the third episode as Ron Howard as this brilliant director with a laundry list of incredible movies that he's made, and he makes a movie for this studio and they have to try to give him a note about the final cut, like hey, we want you to kind of change this thing, and there's a there's a moment where Ron Howard flips out and just drops f bombs left and right and has to be restrained from going after seth Rogen and that that kind of stuff is funny because you get these people who are willing to make fun of themselves.
Speaker 1: I mean, Ron Howard is arguably royalty in Hollywood right now. Yeah, And the.
Speaker 3: Fact that he was willing to do a show like this, play himself, but play a fictionalized character of himself that would be so out of bounds and so crazy and angry at a studio head.
Speaker 1: It's fun. Yeah, that's the fun part.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: I am annoyed with White Lotus. I am I've never been more unsatisfied with a show that I used to like. At the end of every episode, it's all unsatisfying. Everybody on that show is awful. There's not one person. And I have a hard time with shows like this, and I think it's probably going back to something your wife.
Speaker 2: Said years ago. I forget what show she was talking.
Speaker 4: About, and she said something to the effect of like, there's no one to root for, and it's stuck in my head. And now if there's a show like and I'm thinking of the show with the Family on Showtime that everyone loves the session session and I felt the same way with that show, which is why I couldn't watch it. If there's no one to root for, if everyone's awful, I just don't want to watch it.
Speaker 2: That's just not enjoyable to me.
Speaker 3: There's there's something about that kind of a show that is trying to do something that adolescens did.
Speaker 1: So we talked about Adolescents.
Speaker 3: That's the show on Netflix about the kid who's accused of killing this a teenager who's accused of killing a classmate. They what they did in Adolescents was built consistently built tension, and that kind of like unresolved tension. It does something to humans we do not like that. I mean, it's not comfortable for us. So at the end of a show like that, it has stirred something up. It's like your hot water heater when there's like stuff floating around it. Yeah, it gets stirred up and you need time to let it settle once again. I feel like shows that are written where there's no hero, there's nobody to roof for, there's nobody likable in it. They try to do that same thing as stir up sort of the those feelings in you. Yeah, but then there's no resolution, there's nothing at the end of it, and I feel gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, why was I watching this for an hour?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen enough of it to know about what's going on. These are not connected. These characters in season three are not connected to the other characters.
Speaker 4: Well, one of them is. A couple of them are. But even one of the characters that was in a previous season, I don't really like her this season.
Speaker 1: Did you like her before?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So?
Speaker 3: And then isn't it just they've done some pretty outlandish things and they're trying to outdo themselves with some of the stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm just bored by their boredom, if that makes any sense. They're bored rich people, and I'm bored by their boredom and how it manifest that's itself.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll accept that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rich boring people are insufferable.
Speaker 1: But poor boring people there's.
Speaker 2: No show me one show me a poor bored person.
Speaker 1: That's probably true.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's the problem is the money makes them boring and lazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess you can choose to be a poor boring person if you're boring.
Speaker 1: But there aren't that many.
Speaker 4: But they're mostly people who are struggling, are working.
Speaker 2: You know they're not. They don't have time to be bored. It's a luxury.
Speaker 4: It's like when you told your parents you were bored and they wanted to slap the s out of your face. It's like looking people are bored. Only boring people are bored. And you know, I'll give you something to do, go clean the backyard. You're bored, but it'll spoil brat