Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers.
Speaker 2: I am thrilled to introduce you all to a brand new guest to Psychic Teachers. Deb is not with me this week, but we will be back together very soon, I promise you.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Joining us on the show today is Dina Rosenberg. She's a master crystal healer, REKI practitioner, to Roe reader, and sound healer who owns Amineville Apothecary in New York. After an intense life shakeup, Dina returned to her roots, her first crystal being a black onyx cuff gifted by her grandmother when she was twelve, and then she dove headfirst into the witchy and woo woo realms that have since shaped her path. Dina also co hosts The Apothecary after Dark podcast, which explores magic metaphysics in modern witchcraft with warmth and wit. And she's just created a fantastic deck that we're going to dive into today called Crystal Keys to Row. So let's dive into our interview. Welcome to the show, Data. I'm so excited to officially meet you and introduce you to our listeners and talk about.
Speaker 4: Your fabulous new deck. My gosh, thank you so much for having me. It's so great to be here. And I can talk about crystals and all things metaphysical spiritual like all day, so this is awesome me too.
Speaker 2: I could talk about crystals forever, so I cannot wait to dive into your deck and crystals. But first, let's just ground listeners in who you are and your origination story and tell people how you got into all of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so okay, firstly, I guess one of the most important things is I co own a metaphysical shop in Amityville, which is on Long Island in New York called Amityville Apothecary, and we've had this physical brick and mortar shop for seven and a half years now. So prior to opening the shop, I was just coming back into the spiritual metaphysical world because I had gone through a life trauma. Right, A lot of people wind up either finding spirituality through trauma or coming back to it through trauma, and so what had happened is I was working for the local village government, which is ironically right behind the shop, Amityville Pothecary, and I really loved my job. I really loved helping people and it really lit me up and it felt like the first time I was really aligned in what I was doing in my day to day life. And then we had an election and we got a new mayor and the minute he took office, he fired me. And now plot twist. If any of you are astrologers or know anything about astro cartography, what I know now that I didn't know then is that I live under my Uranian line, which is a very chaotic energy. And the person who read my chart was like, have you always lived here? And I'm like yes, She goes, well, you're probably used to the chaos, and my life is very chaotic, so that makes sense. So now I am let go of the shop that was very meaningful to me. I was able to help people, and I didn't want to just go back into the grind doing the same old, same old. And so thankfully I had an understanding husband, which you know, not a lot of people have another person living with them that has money that can say like, hey, yeah, figure out what you want to do. We also have some savings. Again lucky in that regard that I had put away some money and I got a reiki certification, I did a sound healing certification, and I wound up seeing an advertisement on Facebook for a Connecting with Crystals class at Crystals Connection, which is all the way upstate New York in Wartzboro, like about three hours from where I am on Long Island, and I'm like, I'm gonna go to this. I'm just gonna go by myself. I'm gonna go to this because crystals and well like witchy things and metaphysical things you do, like collecting feathers and collecting seashells, Like my whole house is filled with this stuff, right, And so I'm just gonna do this. And I was sort of newly reawakened, so I was getting tons of signs and number of patterns. All the things were like lighting up. So I go up there and I'm like, I'm gonna sit in this class. It was like six hours or something, and there was three or four other people in this class and myself and then what ultimately became my teacher, Laurel Rothki, was teaching and she's like, oh, everybody, go around the room and introduce yourself. And everybody's like, I'm a reiki master and I'm a bit and I do angel channeling, and they get to me and I'm like, hi, Manyadna. I like rocks, and that's how I started really learning the metaphysical aspects. Like I had gotten my first crystals when I was a very young girl in the eighties, black onyx jarkoise from my grandmother, So that's how I got back into it. And then literally, like the universe does when you start following the bread crumbs, the universe just started giving me more pieces of the puzzle. I didn't know where I was going to end up, but little did I know, the universe was like, actually, you're going to do this now.
Speaker 1: I love that. It all just kind of falls in.
Speaker 4: I love too.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that your husband was supportive financially but also emotionally, because that's a huge leap of faith. And am I mistaken? Aren't you the only metaphysical store in your town?
Speaker 4: We're the only metaphysical shop in town at the time when we opened seven and a half years ago. There was one maybe a thirty five minute drive away to the west that's still in business that has been around for a long time, and there was one about a fifteen minute drive to the east, and that was really it. In the immediate sphere of where we were, so we have taken a huge leap of faith, and my husband is very he's very spiritual, but we're also like really tu in into each other. It's like one of those things where like I'll say something and he'll be like, you're not gonna believe this, but I was just thinking that. Or I call him and he's like, I was just dialing your number. Like that. Stuff happens to U's NonStop. So we're very on the same wavelength, like most of the time.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic, And you've had so much success, which is really really great, wonderful to see. Has there been any pushback? We were talking before we hit We're talking about how hard it can be to be in this field with the judgment and the you're working for the devil commentary.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the story goes that this is a very quaint little village and the people here like to keep it the same way it's always been. And there's a village Christmas tree lighting that it's the first Saturday in December and it's been going on forever and ever and infrenam and they close the street down. Santa and Missus Claus come on the fire truck and they do pictures with Santa, they light the big Tree. It's the big production. And so the thing about the village of Amityville, and it's sort of like an inside joke. They say that Amityville is a drinking town with a boating problem, because the people here really do like to drink. And so what was happening would be parents would come up here with their kids on foot, and they'd be, you know, imbibing in cocktails and getting maybe a little bit away from themselves. I'm trying to be politically correct, and the kids were sort of running rampant around and were coming into the store without their parents and touching stuff and being a little naughty, like Saint Nicholas would not approve. Okay, they would definitely be on the naughty list. So one year I got annoyed and I said, that's it, I'm buying a crampus costume. So this past holiday season, even though this was the third year we had crampets in the store, for whatever reason, it got a be in somebody's bonnet about how we were witches. And I'm like, that's really funny because I do consider my fuffl witch. So like, tell me you've never been in here without telling me you've never been in here, like ha ha. But you know it was on the news. It was on the news, it was in the paper, like the local comedian came here about it. It was such a production and it was a mountain out of a bowhill. And it was so weird because I work closely with the local Catholic parish. We do donations for them. I give them like fifty easter baskets every year for the kids. So it wasn't from those people. It's like from this like other strange community. But you know what they say, Robert Green forty eight, lots of power, I guess go. Publicity is bad. Publicity, Yeah, isn't that. But it was weird. It was weird, and people do still have their judgments and like, listen, you know how it is. The listeners know how it is. Not everybody's gonna believe what you're doing is quote unquote of the light or quote unquote holy or what or you're talking to devils or nobody knows or this or that there's nothing you could do about it, and like, don't take the bait and don't listen to the noise.
Speaker 1: You can't exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, we dev and I always joke the last book of the Book of Revelations, one of the last lines says, and they shall all be sent to hell, those soothsayers, the prostitutes.
Speaker 1: And the dogs.
Speaker 2: And we're like, well, at least our dogs will be with us, you know.
Speaker 4: Well, my gosh, yeah, please. If my dog isn't going to heaven, then I guess I have no other choice, because yeah, exactly, not separating me from my poppies. It's not happening, all right.
Speaker 2: So tell us how your lifelong love of rocks, as you said in your Crystal class, got started for you.
Speaker 4: So, okay, my mom had me when she was pretty young, so my grandparents really did a lot of the watching of me. And I was the first grandchild by like thirteen years, and it was always in my grandparents. And my grandparents had a like summer home, a little cottage if they would runt in the Poconos, which in the eighties was a very popular place to go, and there was a flea market where there was a Nata of American silver seller. So you know, you see these things now, they're antique and they're very expensive. Although I can't believe that anything from my youth would be considered an antique. But it is silver cops with turquoise or onyx. And at the time they were very inexpensive, like fifteen dollars. Now they'd be like in the hundreds. And my grandmother would buy these things for me and I would love to get all different materials, so she bought me a black onyx, so that was one of my first ones. Turquoise, which is typical of indigenous crafts, and mother of pearl, which is the inside of a seashell, which is something else that's very typical in indigenous workings. And that's how I started. I loved them and I always just wanted to have them on me. And I really also loved nature because, like I said, I didn't have cousins really and I was with my grandparents and so I would just be in the woods, like running around and making up games and like befriend the docs and the hawks. And that's literally how I grew up and how I started loving crystals and all things nature.
Speaker 2: I call it my gateway drug, yes, you know, but for some people it's to row, or it might be ruins, or it might be sound healing. For me, it was definitely crystals, and I think it's just a beautiful way to embark on this journey. So you've been reading Touro for a long time, right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got my first deck in nineteen ninety five. I was in college.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, I'll post some photos of your deck and the individual cards on our social media pages so people can see what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: But you have taken the seventy.
Speaker 2: Eight Tourou cards and created them with crystals. I think it's absolutely fabulous.
Speaker 1: I love the artwork.
Speaker 2: I really love your descriptions of the crystals and how they connect to the Tourou cards. I also especially love the crystals that you've chosen because they're super unique. Wolf Nite, like you and I have heard of that, but a lot of people haven't, and so yeah, to be introducing people to so many beautiful crystals that aren't super popular as Yeah, But I have to be honest, I would be nervous to combine my love of crystals with Toureau because you straight from the weight writer and people are like, whoa, whoa, WHOA hold on there, tell us how that whole project came to being.
Speaker 4: So it started literally in the shower. I do most of my best channeling there and I was just in the shower and it came to me that moldoite and the tower are the same energy. And it was right around the time when mold of I it was really popping off on TikTok because I've been born. This is this tower deck. It's like four years in the making at this point as of today right now, it took like four years to get to hear. And I was like, oh, that's like really an interesting concept. And it was more so for myself because, like I said, I got my first tower deck in nineteen ninety five, and I'd never really considered myself like a great reader. So I was like, this is really frustrating. But like crystals, crystal energies, usages, people like, how do you know all this stuff? But I just for whatever reason, like you said, it's your gateway drug, it's the same with me. They d they stick, they just stick it. So I thought that was like a really interesting concept, mold of bite and the tower and then again the universe doing what the universe does about the bred crumbs. The universe sent an illustrator into my store, and the illustrator was like, Hi, I'm Amalia. I'm an illustrator. I do this. I do packaging. I do that. She had done coloring on a tower deck or traditional Ridersmith Waite deck, and so we talk about it. Gave me your card and I reached out to her and I was like, listen, I'd like to meet with you. I have a project that i've been like sort of like knocking around in my head. I'd like to talk to you about it to see if you might be interested in a collaboration. At that point, the cards that came through to me were the Devil, the Tower, the Empress, and the High Priestess. Those are the four and I was like, yeah, I think like they were starting to really break through quite quickly. I explained it to Amalia am Ias like, I'm totally down with it. I explained to her the imageries that I had for each of the chords, and it was from that conversation that we really were able to develop what would become the style of the deck, which is rooted in the writer Smith wait, but also very unique in and of itself. So you're going to see some of the symbols, there's going to be some really big deportures, like the Devil and some other like the Devil is a departure. The World is sort of a departure.
Speaker 2: A full world card with the Rose is that the Rose chords form in the sory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ye, yeah, I love that. And Judgment is a gigantic deporture because that card is you know, I already has their card in Turo. That's like, I don't really care for you, and for me it's judgment.
Speaker 2: I think it's great to depart from some things as well, because you have to put your own mark and your own imprint on it. And when I look at the Devil card in your deck, it's a hand holding up black obsidian, and I think that's perfect because we are our own worst enemy when it comes to fears and worries and anxiety and blockages, and all of that is portrayed in the card.
Speaker 4: Yes, so much of my writing and my channeling is rooted in the teachings of Rachel Pollock. And then I really love also Carolin Elliott wrote that book Existential Kink, which is like rooted in young and psychology. I love her work and so you're gonna see a lot of those threads where a lot of it's self reflection driven, and that's really the style of reader I am. In the style of metaphysical or spiritual practitioner, I am. People come to the shop and say, I am this annoying homeworker, and what crystal do I get to stop her from being annoying. I'm like, there is no crystal stop anybody from doing anything. You can work with crystal so you can maintain your own energy and not get so triggered and not be so annoyed.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: That's one of our most popular podcast episodes we did is called There's Not a Rock for That. You know, it just didn't remind people that these crystals can work with our energy and they can't help us align our chakras, but we have to actually do the steps.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I love crystals because they're just like reminders. If you have an annoying neighbor and I want to maybe do hematite or black obsidian to deflect that energy. I do think that crystal is working to help me deflect my energy, but it's really working to remind me you've got to set boundaries.
Speaker 4: Yes, you have to set boundaries.
Speaker 2: You need to.
Speaker 4: Really be also cognizant of your part of the whole thing, because like sometimes we are like a little like I don't want to say like we're drama queens or whatever, but like sometimes I sort of feel like, you know, I love to gossip. I love a good gossip sash, Like my mom will be like dirtle it or whatever. But sometimes that is and I hate saying like lower vibrational energy because like whatever, we're human being, like we do silly stuff. But sometimes if you're in that energy, just like own it. Like sometimes we are enjoying being in the energy, and we got to own our stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I one hundred percent agree.
Speaker 1: So now that this dick is out there.
Speaker 2: Are you using it in your touro readings? In what kind of effect response are you having with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I've been using it since January. So I got my demo, my early release copy in December and right before Christmas, and I didn't open it until January first.
Speaker 2: That must have been so hard.
Speaker 4: I did, you know. I got it from the Polisher from Wiser and it was Christmas time and it was chaotic and I wanted to like, you know, I lived my life on social media for the shop, and I went to make sure that I had the backdrop and the lighting and this and that, and then it was Christmas time in my house was a mess. And then I'm in a retail store during Christmas time, so I'm super, super ridiculously busy. And then we wound up, me and my family and my kids. We went end up going to Puerto Rico on Christmas Day and staying through New Year's and I just brought it to the beach with me and I was in my bathing student like I'm opening it on the beach in Puerto Rico on January first, Like this is what we're doing. And if you go to my Instagram, which is Dina L. Rosenberg and scroll and scroll, we'll see it there. But I've been doing a card pole of the day every single day on social media since January first, to just introduce the deck to everybody and get used to reading with it. And it's very interesting to read from a deck that you wrote and conceived. She is honest to a fault, like myself, Like she's not aggressive, but she's definitely a New Yorker. I'll give you that a little bit of New York Anda Jake. You know.
Speaker 2: I love that though, because that's what people want and need when they are consulting any kind of deck. They want truth and audestine, and that's what you're going to get here. I'll be I should say, if I'm reading for someone who's super new to tourou, I will pull out the Angel Touro deck by Radley Valander.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a more gentle deck. It's much more jent doal.
Speaker 2: It's so gentle and easy, there's nothing scary there. But if I'm ever doing a reading for myself or anyone who's you know, familiar with all of this, I'm going to go to additional Touro And now I have this beautiful deck I could, which I absolutely love.
Speaker 4: I think realty surprised with the way it reading. It's pretty interesting well.
Speaker 1: And the colors though, are so vivid too.
Speaker 4: The colors. That was something that I was so happy about when I opened up the deck for the first time, was how beautiful a color is translated. It's not easy to show sometimes certain crystals, and a boy, it did an exceptional job. There's also a lot of photographs in here that she's layering as well, so it really came through beautifully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that, And thank you for calling the original deck the wait Writer Smith deck, because I keep forgetting to add Pamela's name to the deck, which is such so important, you know, it's so important, and I'm so glad she's finally getting her recognition.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 2: So it's nice that you're doing that and you're giving your illustrator the recognition that she deserves. Was she able to have a lot of input, like you said, you channeled a lot of these would she sit with it and go, you know, Dina, I really think this should be that?
Speaker 1: And how did that work?
Speaker 4: How that worked? So interestingly enough, it's very uncommon to approach a publisher and get picked up when you already have an artist. It is not the way it's done. Typically, the creator who's the author, does the pitch, creates the creates like the grand scheme of the deck, and then typically the publisher will give you an illustrator. That's how it normally works. And in this case, we really were sort of gonna self publish. I was going to self publish it and do all the heavy lifting, and it wound up just being a very weird, sort of weird. I own a which store. You know, it wasn't weird, but it came through very quickly. So basically I did all of the correspondences. I matched a crystal with each hard energy. We sat together and decide did what we were going to do in terms of the minor orcana, which was much harder than the major because when you get into the miners, you have some energies that maybe are not preferred. Thinking about some of the swords energy and even some of the cups and crystals don't really have quote unquote negative energies associated with them or unpreferred energies. So there was some sort of reconciliation of like, how were we going to say, approach at three of swords or tennis swords? Right, But then there was the conversation about making each suit makes sense and so we it was easy for me, coming from being the perspective of a crystal person, that is, a crystal healer that lays over the body and understands the lot of chapras, that each suit was going to have corresponding colors that were really to correspond with the chakras. Right. But there were sometimes where you know, I would give very specific imagery and say it has to be like this. And then there were times with the Malia where she really directed the energy, So you're going to see a lot of her really shine through in the pups, which is my one of my favorite suits in this deck. And then we did also have a conversation that because it's crystal centered, that we really didn't want so many people in the deck. We didn't want human beings taking away from the crystals. And so to approach the court cards was a little bit difficult because court cards are really people centered, and so we decided to give each court card a symbol. So the queens have the throne, the kings have the crown, the knight has the horse, and then the page has two hands to differentiate it from the aces, which have one hand. That makes sense, so like the pages would be like canding you that energy, like a new beginner sort of thing. So that's how we workshopped it. But it took me a really long time to redraw or on seventy eight cards. It's like insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, and I want to talk about some of the individual cards, but we're going to take our first break. We'll be right back in a second. Hey, guys, If you're looking for a unique graduation gift or something different to give your mom for Mother's Day, consider gifting them with a personalized numerology report based on their birth date. Each report averages around ten to twelve pages and includes information on their personal year, number, their attributes and talents, and comes with four crystals that I handpick for each report based on the numbers and my intuition. I also include descriptions of each crystal. Or you could gift your loved one and yourself with an Angelite bracelet. Since Angelite is known to enhance telepathy between two people wearing angelite, it's a great way to keep the connection strong between you and your graduating loved one as they prepare to leave the nest. Each order comes with lots of free goodies too. You can find this and my other offerings, including signed copies of my books, over at Samantha Fay dot com. Okay, welcome back. So I want to talk about one of my favorite cards, which is not my favorite card interurow, just the illustration and the crystal.
Speaker 1: You chose the five of cups.
Speaker 2: Now, every time I see this card in a reading, I always get a little sad because I know it means the person has been going through some really heavy stuff.
Speaker 1: I do love to point out that there's.
Speaker 2: Always two cups standing up and so there's hope and you know, blah blah blah. But the card in the traditional tourou is sad. This one is so pink and bright and happy and it's rhotocro site and there's a bridge made out of roto Cruise site, which is how I think of that stone. Yeah, it's a bridge to healing and forgiveness.
Speaker 4: Correct and that's what we need in that moment when we pull a cord like this where we're in a moment where maybe you have to close a door or close a chapter that isn't serving you. We all get to these points in our life where you know the thing isn't serving you, but maybe you're still like attached to a little bit and you're going through it. It could be a relationship, a job, whatever, where you've outgrown it or they've outgrown you, or vice versa. But there's that sort of ache there, and so there's reconciliation that you need to do to integrate into heal, and Rhotocross Site is that bridge to help you soothe your heart, but also learn the lessons.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I was always taught when by my crystal teacher Larel and Rethki, that when you see a lot of patterns and the lines in crystals, you could also use that to pattern yourself and so to use those patterns in the Rhoto cross site to repat on your heart, to help you heal, to help you reconcile them to integrate. So that was the message of that, and Amalia did a fantastic job with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really did.
Speaker 2: And the page of cups seeking with that suit has Opal and I just again it's very very hopeful.
Speaker 1: It's all the rainbow colors of Opal.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Opal because it got such a bad rap throughout history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know there's legends like opals bring tears is something that you hear quite often. I was taught by my teacher that Opal helps you move between worlds or be unseen, and it's like a cloak or a cloaking. And I thought that was like really interesting.
Speaker 2: But then I ward of why it got its bad rap because thieves would wear it thinking they'd be invisible. Why they stole your stuff.
Speaker 4: So I'm yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm always I love the stone, and then I think of all the stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love Opal. I love Opals. My daughter is a September baby, so OPL is her birth right right. It said that if it's your birthstone, like it's okay, wants to work with you in healing practice. I don't really work that often with Opal because it is sort of funny in that way.
Speaker 2: But I feel totally different about pink Opel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what, like the opals that are like the quote unquote common oples, like pink Opel, even like like blue Opal, green Opal, it's not the same. I think you need like that color flash, like the more quote unquote fancy like the Ethiopian oples to really get that sort of spicy imagery. But I feel like the pages are a little spicy because they're they have that youth there.
Speaker 2: Yes, they have all the energy of the new beginnings and the new stuff coming to you.
Speaker 1: So I think that's absolutely perfect.
Speaker 2: All right, let's look at some of the swords, because that, like you said, can be a difficult.
Speaker 4: Swords could be rough man, especially if you're not if you're not ready to face the truth. There they are in grace whether you want it or not, you're getting the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you have blue Chel Sedny for the Aid of Swords.
Speaker 1: Tell me why you picked that?
Speaker 4: You know the imagery and it comes through in the book. Is that I think about just snap out of it and like open your eyes and throw some cold water on your face and take the bindings off yourself, like and stap your foolishness. And blue Chalth Sidney isn't aggressive, but it's cooling. So get a little bit of emotional and intellectual clarity around something that like you're sort of playing yourself about a little bit. Is why I want with that one?
Speaker 2: That makes sense because I often see that card is holding on to victimhood in a way because you could easily slip out of all of that.
Speaker 4: Right, put cold water on your face, put on your red lipstick and cut the shit.
Speaker 2: Yes yeah yeah, and speak your truth yeah, which is what blue Chel Sidney helps us to do.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now you picked one of.
Speaker 1: My all time favorite crystals.
Speaker 2: So we want to ask you about blue Kyanite for justice.
Speaker 4: Okay, so justice, that one came very very quickly. Justice and blue Clientate were like peas and carrots. Like I literally didn't even have to do much on that one. I like looked at Justice and I'm like, oh, that's blue Kainite, Like just like right away it came blue Kanite is incredibly aligning. It works across all chopras. It like snaps the energy meridians in place. And it just felt very much like a stored sort of truth dispensing justice and like knowing what is right because it's also very aligned. But now that I've been sitting with the card Justice, my meaning of it definitely is born from Rachel Pollock, not so much about the idea of external justice, because I really like how many people like can legal matters or go like no, like that's a very small time in your life when you're doing like signing legal documents, that's boring, like get a lawyer, all right. But I think about the concept of blue Klanate being incredibly aligning. And when I think about alignments, I'm thinking about my spinal column. I think about what's holding me up. And when I think about what's holding me up, I think about my authentic truth, like what's my declaration of independence?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: We hold these truths to be self evident, but like for yourself to me that's what justice is like do living yourself justice by your own codex and having that on the wall and be like, am I going to do this? Am I going to make this decision? Am I going to live this way? Am I going to say yes to this? Is it in alignment with what the type of life that I want for myself? And if yes, great, go for it. But if not, really think about it. I'm not saying be a drunk to other people and not have candor, but I think especially a lot of people in spiritual places or reform or reforming people pleasers, and we come to spirituality because we have put ourselves laughed and behind so often that we need to figure out like how are we going to stand in our own power? And again, that doesn't mean being a jark. It just means standing by your own code of ethics and world. And I think that's what justice is and my understanding when it comes out and readings a lot of the times, that's what I think the message is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and blue Kai and I does match that perfectly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you some questions that we get all the time because I love your educated insight on him. Yeah, one thing people ask us, is I want to start getting into crystals, which one should I start with. That's well, he's such a hard question for me because I think it's unique.
Speaker 4: But I think that people come into the shop, I say, don't read anything. Don't read anything, because we have little placards that will say what everything does. And keep in mind the placards are like three inches by three inches, so I cannot put everything that each crystal it's corresponding with on a three inch by three inch placard. However, the crystals will speak to you, primarily number one, through your eyes and through their color and through the way the light plays through the pristal or not. So we go through these phases in our life where we're super attracted to a particular color, you know, when we're younger, we have a color palette, and as we go through different life, you know, seasons, we're attracted to different colors, and so crystals respond in the same way. So you might be into these light blues where it's really important for you to, like I said, speak up for yourself and develop your code of being in the world. Or perhaps you're really into pale pinks right now, because maybe you've gone through some heavy emotional stuff. O hearts, I need you to be gentle with me right now. Or maybe you're just really into crystals like me that have rainbows in them, and maybe that's the lesson of the wound, is where the light enters, like roomy says, right, And so that's the same thing with crystals that have a rainbow. There was something that happened there, some type of force that created that crack. But when that happens, rainbows appear, especially in courts, and so it's a reminder that we all sort of get knocked around, but our ruses. Really, do you contribute to our beauty of understanding of other human beings. So I think there's no easy answer. I will say there are crystals that people will go to the master healers. People are attracted to amethyst, They're attracted to roast courts and satrine and smoky courts because they're the master healers. And I think some part of us, whether our conscious or our unconscious selves, understand that, and so they are automatically drawn to that. But there's no harder fans, there's no wrong answer or right answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree, and I think that's why it's so important if you can to get into a crystal store like yours so you can see it and feel the energy. I know some people don't live close to that, and they have to go online, and that's fine, but if you can see them in person, like you said, you'll be called to a color, or you'll be called to a stone, and something else I'd like for you to speak on. I think a lot of people believe that they're going to wear a rose cords and today.
Speaker 1: They meet their soulmate.
Speaker 4: But it takes so long for.
Speaker 2: These crystals to work with their energy and do the restructuring.
Speaker 4: Right they There's so many other factors that go into play. Like you said, they're tools, and they have energetic resonance and frequency, and that's how they interact with our energetic bodies. But we also have free will and we also have to do the thing. So the metaphor that I use what I'm teaching is you can't go to home depot and buy sheets of sheet rock and two by fours and nails and screws and throw them in your basement and then go down there in three months and say, where's my house, where's my house? I love that example, you have to build your house, you have to have the knowledge, you have to make the decision, you have to put the work in and the research in, so you have to work with them. So it's not just about wearing the roose courts, it's about sitting with it, meditating with it. In what ways can it reveal to you where you're blocking your heart and closing yourself off from the experiences of other people. Perhaps you are controlling the narrative too much and demanding from the universe it provides you one specific type of human being when really you're you would vibe with somebody else completely different, but you've closed yourself off to it. So there's so much more to it than just strapping on crystal and expecting it to automatically work for you, Like you really do have to meet it more than halfway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you'll get a Crystal and you'll ask it to work with you for this one particular thing, and for me anyway, nothing happens for a while, maybe two weeks, maybe two months, and then suddenly I'm like, oh, I've incorporated that, but I don't even recognize it. Yeah, yep, absolutely, I want to ask you how you use crystals personally in your daily life.
Speaker 1: But we're going to take our last break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Hi, folks, It's Stamp and I'm here with my friend Zara Renee, and I'm just so excited to share the news of not only a new course, but a whole new metaphysical adventure that we called the Sacred Summer Series.
Speaker 5: Deb, thank you so much. I'm so pumped to be on this journey with you. It is going to be so much fun.
Speaker 3: It is, isn't it. You know this is coming about because students have asked me over and over again, how is all of this stuff connected? How do we paint a whole picture? Not just paint by numbers?
Speaker 5: Well there's another wrong with numbers, Deb, No.
Speaker 3: No, there's not. And I love numerology, as you know, and that's one of the courses that we're going to be offering this summer, along with Animal Spirits and mythology and arch types. You know how I love archetypes.
Speaker 5: I know you do, and having taken your courses before, I know that they're not just fun, but they're foundational for metaphysical work.
Speaker 3: That's true. I believe they are, and so folks, it's exactly that this exploration a foundation of metaphysical work that we've teamed up to bring to you with some twist core courses that will be offered in May, June, and July.
Speaker 5: That's right, and deb and I are offering a free information session about these courses the topics, registration discount more information. It's that's happening on Saturday, April eighteenth, So head over to Dev's website.
Speaker 3: That's Debowen dot com.
Speaker 5: And register now for the Sacred Summer Series free information session.
Speaker 3: I am so looking forward to this, folks. We so hope you will join us.
Speaker 4: We'll see y'all there.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back. So dta tell us how you use crystals daily just for your own spiritual practice and enjoyment.
Speaker 4: So, being that I'm in the shop most of the time, I'm surrounded by crystals all of the time. So surprisingly to probably most people, is I don't wear a ton because I'm constantly in the energy of a ton. Literally, I am a heart centered, which meaning that I teach and stress the importance of having an open heart. I think that is critical to being a human being. I also think it's critical in your channeling and developing your psychic and intuitive abilities. If your heart is not open, you cannot receive message and integrate it and understand it. So that literally is the most important chakra. And because of that, I wear a lot of heartstones. So I always have on emerald, I always have on pink tourmaline, and I always have on green tormaline. So those are the ones that I wear all the time. They're literally on my necklaces, on my heart to remind me to keep my heart open and receiving and understanding that just because I feel something does not mean it is of me or for me. It just might be through me, and to just stay grounded and also being of service to other people. So that's how I work with them. I also place tons of crystals in my home. I have in my i'm an areas, a lot of roast cords, floorite in my bedroom I have but I just brought up something in my bedroom. When I bring up there, oh beautiful amethyst cluster from Africa, from Nigeria. It's Nigerian amathus. It's beautiful. So I put these crystal strategically in my house. I have a son with high functioning autism and he actually has his bed gritted.
Speaker 1: Would choose for that.
Speaker 4: I use magnetite as well as ambligonite to help him with right brain left brain integration is under his bed, under his mattres, so I do that too.
Speaker 2: I love that. I remember the first time one of my kids saw magnetite and they called it the brainstone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it looks like that brains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Do you do chakra layout?
Speaker 4: I do not really so much on myself because I feel like lately I'm like wanting a top speed and I never have any time. But I do teach laying on stones in a crystal healing class here through the shop, so I'm able to do that to teach my students how to do it so that way they can help themselves and help their families. And the style in which I work is a lot in the tradition of Cindy Dale, as well as Melody and Katrina Raphael.
Speaker 2: Oh. I love Katrina's books and of course Melody.
Speaker 1: My gosh, the og.
Speaker 2: Right, the oggs, the o dogs, that's so free. Were you raised with the religion?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, yes and no, so my mother is agnostic. I would suppose she was raised Roman Catholic, but she's not like a churchgoer. She hasn't been a churchgoer her entire adult life. My but because I come from an Italian American family, Catholicism is very important, and so I did go to like religious instruction up until about third grade. And then so I made my communion and then I stopped. And then once I had my daughter, who is now almost twenty years old, I sort of was like, Oh, there's God, Like God exists. Like the minute I looked at her, it was like, oh, my gosh, there's God. Like where was I What was I doing? There's like a whole level of spirituality that I was not paying attention to, like just the minute I looked at her face. And because I guess you go back to like what's comfortable with, I wound up going through the Right of Christian Initiation for adults and wound up making my confirmation when she was about three, which is very strange, but it was an unbelievable experience because I learned so much. You learn so much going through this process as an adult that you do not learn as a kid. So I would say that much of my spiritual practice is actually rooted in Italian American folk practice and and saint work, which is obviously died up in Catholicism. But I do not go to church. Does I don't know if that makes sense.
Speaker 6: It doesn't, that makes prefix sense, yes, but you consider what you kept calling yourself a witch or I was just wondering that's part of like how that, because that's a question I get as a Catholic all the time, is how.
Speaker 1: Do you do what you do and call yourself a Catholic.
Speaker 4: So the funny joke is I always say to my kids, because my kids are both baptized, neither of which have made their no, I do want to made our communion and my son didn't because he just he would probably drive the catechist crazy. I would not do that to the catechist. But so according to the Catholic Church, I am Catholic. Like when they count how many billions of Catholics are in the world, I'm in that book. My kids are in that book. Whether you go to church or not, you're in the book. Like that's the roles in which they're counting Catholics is the baptismal role. Period. So how I consider myself a Catholic and consider myself a witch simultaneously. I mean there's two answers that I could have there, and this would be one would be very snarky and probably offense people. And that would be there's a lot of there's a lot of priests that I have done some very not so good things and they could still consider themselves Catholic.
Speaker 2: No, say, it ain't so deep that what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But I think that's not offensive. I think that's just truth.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, certainly it's true. You know, I said it in the most politically correct way that I could say it. I think that there isn't I mean, aside from you know, Orthodox Christianity, which probably has this beat on the witchy sides of practice. They're way more mystical than we are, those Orthodox Catholics. But the Catholic faith is filled with mystery and ritual. That is it's craft. It is it is it's craft. So I mean, my question would like, how can you not be sort of like a mystical and be Catholic?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I totally agree, But I get that question at least once a month, and it's not about The people aren't like, how can you do it? Just they're curious, you know.
Speaker 4: What They're wonder though, Samantha. If the people that are asking you are not Catholic, maybe there's some other Christianity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well I think it's because I talk on the show about how much crystals and reiki and all of this stuff means to me.
Speaker 4: I do yoga five days a.
Speaker 2: Week, and if you read the Catechism, Uh yeah, that's all I know. No, they say you cannot do yoga, and I literally, I'm not kidding. I went to my priest and I said, what do you guys have against down dog?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He did explain it.
Speaker 4: Okay. This is the thing I think that when we're talking about from the lens of being spiritual and into the mystical and the metaphysical, a lot of us follow what would be considered earlier teachings of Jesus Christ as well as a lot of gnostic teachings, and as the early Church progressed starting in the three hundreds, right when the Bible was starting to sort of come together, teachings were passed down that were not of Jesus Christ. Now we can get into a fight with evangelical Christians that are going to say it's heretical because it's you know, it's the divine word of God or whatever. You know, Okay, passed down through many voices of different people that wrote the book that were oftentimes contradictory. But that's sort of like doing things to the latter of what's in a contradictory book or then further in the rules of a religion that was created by human beings is of no interest in me.
Speaker 2: I agree, And I always tell people do your homework. Look at Saint Jerome and his motivation behind his early translations of the Bible, and look at King James and the huge issue he had with Catholicism and how he changed the translations of the Bible. So you got to do your homework, all right. One last question, I don't want to take up all your time. Yes, something I I've been thinking about a lot. We had Jeffrey Wand's on the show last year. I think a great, great medium, and I was thinking about how so many of our country's best intuitives are from Long Island. Long Island, Baby John Edward, James von Prague, the Long Eyed Teresa Caputo, Jeffrey Wand's Matt Rager. I could go on and on, and I just I'd love to know your opinion on why that is. I actually did ask Jeffrey that you know what he said. He said it was the water, and I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say, it's the water. It's no, it's the water. It's living so close to sea level. Water is a channel. Whatter is a channel. Whatter Carrie's spirit. Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, But I'm just wondering if it couldn't be a combination because something else they all have in common is they were raised Catholic, and you were saying the mystical stuff and the fact that we were raised to be open to intercessory help from saints.
Speaker 1: From angels.
Speaker 2: It's more similar to mediumship and intuition and all of that, and I wonder if it could be all of that together.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Maybe I think it absolutely could be, because it is true. I really do rely on saints and intercessory help, as you say, very much. And it's very interesting because because when I'm channeling, I don't consider myself a medium, but I do use an aura photography machine to read ours, and when I'm in somebody's aura. Things come through and I'm saying things and they're like, oh that was I'll be like, oh, I have this song in my head. I'll start singing it and I'll be like, that was my grandmother's favorite song. I'm like, Okay, thank you. Like it just comes through. So maybe it's just what it is. I also think for me spending time in Catholic churches around the world, not just in America, but traveling and going to France, going to just different churches, Spain, you know, you name it, there's an energetic frequency in the churches. Now every Catholic church has a relic of a saint in the aldar, every single Catholic church in the world. On top of that, every single day, multiple Catholic masses are said in each church that are said in exactly the same way around the world, because because the church is universal and the masses are said at the same everybody's reading the same thing. And there's huge power and frequency in that. And so when you enter a church, it's just charge Like I could feel it, and I could feel the difference between walking into a Catholic church and walking into another church. I get like my Spidey senses go up in a Catholic church, So you might be onto something. It might be, you know, Catholicism breed psychics. I mean it might be. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I also think the European churches, so many of them were built over pagan sites. Oh yeah, I think that combination is super cool and absolutely wonderful. I love going to different churches and temples and synagogues. I will never forget something a friend said to me though she was I loved her. We love each other still. But she's not a big fan of Catholicism.
Speaker 4: And that's fine.
Speaker 1: I get it. I'm not a fan of a lot of the stuff.
Speaker 2: That you had mentioned before either about Catholi.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But she asked me to come to a church with her, and it was so strange to see. First of all, it was like stadium seating with like cupholders, and there was not a rock band, and there were no stained glass windows, and the minister was super cool and.
Speaker 4: It was just really different.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: It was just different. And there was only one cross just across, no right, not a crucif act, not a crucivitch just across. There was no, marry no, no, And I said, this is really cool.
Speaker 4: This is beautiful.
Speaker 2: I see why you love it. It was fun, it was entertaining, and so I said, but now you have to come to mind. So she comes to my church and she was not as complimentary, and she said, you Catholics leave Christ on the cross. We realize he's resurrected. And I was like, oh, okay, mysage received. So there's just differences there that I think are fine. But I love the continuity and the rest petition of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would dare say counter to that person that we neither leave Christ on the cross nor don't consider him resurrected. I think the message of Catholic Mass is that Christ is within us and it is our responsibility to bring his message and act it in the world.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it's also to make us feel guilty, right.
Speaker 4: Look with him. I mean, well, I put.
Speaker 2: Him on the cross hanging there.
Speaker 4: But you know, guilt is controlling. Yeah, there is that.
Speaker 2: Okay, before I let you go, will you pull a card for us?
Speaker 4: Oh? Sure, I will absolutely pull a card. The cards have been funny lately, you know, with the state of the world in a wall.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got to call him Padre p over that one lease.
Speaker 4: This morning, I went on a mission. I was a little bit late for coming into the shop because one of my antique sellers had some Si SATs that I had never You know, there's a lot of saints, and to find saint vintage chalkwaar saint statues of saints I don't have is very rare. And I got myself a Saint Gemma, which I was very excited to find, and Saint Charles.
Speaker 1: So wow.
Speaker 4: Saint Gemma was born in eighteen seventy eight. She died in nineteen oh three, so she was young when she died. And she's more quote unquote she's new. She is new, and she was from Italy, and she is the patron saint of students, pharmacists, those suffering from back pain, headaches, and migraines, and also purity of heart. And she's also invoked by paratroopers and parachutists.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I was very excited to see her.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: All right, what's her card? The call? Oh, oh gosh, this is very This is very interesting in the context of the Great of conversation because the card that I got is Bloodstone, the Hanged One, my version of the hanged Man. And this is very ironic symbiatha because blood I talk a lot about Bloodstone and Christ's consciousness and changing perspectives and how so much of Christ's teachings was looking at the state of the world differently, and how he was a disruptor by turning things up on its end, and that is very fitting for this conversation.
Speaker 2: It really is. And guys, on the card it is a spider hanging from a beautiful web that she has woven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's all like the green and the red there.
Speaker 2: It's really it is really on point because it isn't Bloodstone named because they thought it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the blood on the droplets of Christ Christ. Yeah. And so in the book, what I wrote is oftentimes taking a minute and surrendering to the moment is the hardest thing to do. We have an idea of how we want situations to turn out and what our role is. But when the Hanged One appears, stop and wait, stop and weight isn't a bad thing. It's an invitation to deeply reflect on your current situation. That's the reason why we turn to Teruo in the first place. And realize the way you've been going on about of a situation or thinking about it needs to be well turned on its head. So much of life is being influenced by others to do a particular thing or behave in a certain way. The lesson of the hanged one is to stop and reflect and ask yourself if this is who you are and what you want for your journey forward Motion and progress is our default setting. In twenty first century Western culture, the hangdoe is telling you pause momentum and ask yourself if you truly are where your soul as longing to be. It absorbs the energy of Christ's consciousness, connecting you to something bigger than yourself, similar to how the small spite is connected to the larger web. Jesus Christ was disturbed by the injustices of his time, flipping tables upside down, teaching his disciples to believe and behave in ways that directly contradicted society at the time. This change of perspective and the willingness to forge a path that conflicts with those around you require courage, strength and adversity, and clarity. Blood jun't supports it all while maintaining your trust and your faith in your spiritual path.
Speaker 1: I love that, and you're right.
Speaker 2: These cards are very much like, here's what you need right now, and that's I think the attitude we all need to get through all the funky energy with the eclipses and all the planetary movement going.
Speaker 4: On, and yeah, it's a new time and the energies are new and we're all feeling it, and we're all being asked to maybe stop being so reactionary and pause before we decide how we're going to move.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, oh this has been so delightful.
Speaker 4: I hope you come back on time. I will talk about crystals and trow any day of the week.
Speaker 2: Okay, fantastic, So everybody. The deck is called Crystal Keys UAU by Dina Rosenberg and Amalia Drusen. Of course we'll post all of that on social media, but Dina tell people where they can find you and if you have any upcoming events or stuff you want people to know about.
Speaker 4: Of course, so you could find me at Amityville Apothecary, which the website is shop amitievill Apathecary dot com. All of our social media it is Amityville Apothecary. We also have a podcast called Apothecary after Dark, which is available everywhere podcasts are streamed. And we have an event which Samantha, you're more than welcome to come to. Invitation is open called Alchemy Academy. The next one is happening May second and third, right here in Amityville. It is in person only, but we do have room rates, so feel free to call a store. We have unbelievable teachers Amy Blackthorne, Judica Illis, Mark Horn teaching on Kabbala and hero. We have Jen Sankee talking about manifesting in the Moon. We have Dean Norman who wrote Burn a Black Candle and Golden Remort.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: We have Chris ann light sers Tarot teachings. So we have unbelievable people that are going to be teaching in person over two days. So that's May second and third, So if you're local or not local, come hang out with us. And lastly, every Friday night on Instagram Live eight thirty pm to eleven thirty pm Eastern Standard, we do our live sale, So if you don't live by a Crystal shop but you want to shop live with us. We do fifteen percent off free shipping over one hundred and twenty five dollars and we show all the new crystals, our tucsona fines, We make recommendations, we do giveaways, and it's just the community is amazing and we have so much fun together.
Speaker 2: I love it, and thank you for helping to pick out my Phenis site. By the way, Oh my goodness, I don't know if Mike showed you the picture of me.
Speaker 4: We're in my drug money fanny pack and the booth. Yeah, did that was it?
Speaker 2: That? Was it a Tucson or the age den Denver?
Speaker 4: Okay? He had asked me for and I had like little pieces and then I just happened to see my vendor Paul, and I was like, you have this, and so I wound up texting. I was like, look what I have.
Speaker 2: I love it so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you well. Thank you everyone for listening, and we hope you have a beautiful week filled with lots of great crystal to row readings and messages. Remember as always to be the light for yourself and others. Thank you for listening to psychic Teachers your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and deb Bowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.