Speaker 1: We've gone back in time to the fifteen hundreds. We've played death row baseball games, We've gone through urban legends, and I've been your master of ceremonies the whole way.
Speaker 2: My name is.
Speaker 1: Jacko, and ladies and gentlemen, theys and them's it's all Hallo's Eve with wicked and grim.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, that that was something that somehow. How's it going, guys, Jacalie, you sound excited. We're happy you're here, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Pomp, No shit, Well, I mean it's a big day.
Speaker 4: This is the day.
Speaker 2: It's fucking Halloween.
Speaker 3: Is the day we've been counting down to.
Speaker 2: It's no longer the final countdown.
Speaker 4: Oh it's here. It's a little sad, it is, but.
Speaker 3: It's also really fricking exciting.
Speaker 2: But that means we get all the candy. We get all the relaxing and spectacular movies on TV, Boom the cool kids, hopefully without black eyes knocking on our front door. You know, yeah, yeah, you're stoked.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty stoked.
Speaker 2: Speaking of candy, where is the candy?
Speaker 3: You know, we actually have an outstairs in preparation. I don't actually hope that we we're not going to like We kind of live in the middle of nowhere, so I'm kind of expecting and hoping that we don't get there's one child that I know of that's coming. I'm hoping there's none, because I'll probably be Pema pants.
Speaker 2: Well we're ready with little tiny liquor bottles too, for any adult friends who stopped by, most likely my parents. So yeah, we're ready for that just in case.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's who it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Oh and also, you guys got to check out our Instagram because we carved a stay Wicked Jack o' lantern.
Speaker 3: Oh so cool.
Speaker 4: It's dope. I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, We've just had like the most fun this Halloween ever. Yeah, I just I'm really into it.
Speaker 2: We got super drunk and recorded ourselves doing a podcast for a.
Speaker 4: Patrons Yeah, and that's up. Now, that's up, so you.
Speaker 2: Can go watch that if you're an All Access patron.
Speaker 3: I actually need to watch it from start to finish, but it might be cringey for me to watch. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't remember much from it, do you. I remember a bit a bit.
Speaker 4: That's good, I think you think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the last day, which is super cool. So I'm gonna just like dive right in.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. What do you got for us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I'm actually curious to anyone guess because we kind of dropped some hints.
Speaker 2: But we did have someone on Instagram guests Actually.
Speaker 4: Oh did they they did?
Speaker 2: What do mean you didn't see it? I'm pretty sure you saw it. You did. Hold on, I'm gonna go go find it. Okay, see where it is, see who it was. I'm I'm ninety percent sure I slid it across the table and showed you.
Speaker 3: And you're like, oh yeah cool, oh me, yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry, oh yeah, me, yeah yeah yeah. Uh. I'm terrible. I just my memory is just going here.
Speaker 2: It's Zunga love.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do they say again?
Speaker 2: They said tomorrow's guests dot dot dot Amityville Horror.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're smart and it's good.
Speaker 2: And they also said high from the coast of BC in Powell River.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is so fun.
Speaker 2: So from British Columbian to British Columbian, you nailed it. You got it right. It's Amityville Horror.
Speaker 4: Boom.
Speaker 2: Nicole lay it on us.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it was November thirteenth, nineteen seventy four. I feel like this is like a newer case we're ones that we've been doing comparatively. Yeah, when Ronald Dfael Senior, age forty three, his wife Louise age forty two, and their children Dawn eighteen, also thirteen, Mark eleven, and John nine were all shot dead.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: This is the Amityville murders and the tales that would follow.
Speaker 2: This is such a fucked up case.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: It was actually like a little bit fucked up to research too, because there's like a lot out there, and then it kind of just is like, oh my gosh, am I gonna like do this justice? You know, like this there's like so much out there about this, Like you he's really famous.
Speaker 2: You could probably talk about this case for a days a week straight, like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so obviously there's we can't cover everything because that would mean it was like an eight hour podcast maybe.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: The evening of November thirteenth, Ronald de Feo Junior, or Butch as people referred to him by, he entered a nearby Amneville bar, telling people his parents had been shot inside their home. Followed back to his house by several bar patrons. The police were eventually called to one one two Ocean Avenue, where the bodies of six d Fayo family members lay dead, Butch claiming the murders were a mob hit. This, however, was not a mob hit. As police began to gather evidence, but Butch's testimony was no longer making sense, and when they questioned him about it, he crumbled and confessed to committing the crimes himself, saying, once I started, I just couldn't stop. It went so fast, which is like, holy fuck, Like you just murdered your entire family, and that's what you have to say.
Speaker 2: No, kidd, I just you know, it's it's like fucking lace potato chips. You bet you can't just have one, you know, I killed one.
Speaker 3: That's just like mortifying to me, Like that's like your siblings.
Speaker 2: No kidding, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why, Like for some reason, it seems like worse to me that it's the siblings, not that it's like I don't know, like they're little his little siblings, Like yeah, oh my gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: Using a thirty five millimeter Marlin rifle in the early morning's early morning hours, twenty three year old butch murdered his entire family while they were in their beds.
Speaker 4: He entered his.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I need to correct myself because I helped you with that note on the gun. It's not thirty five milimeter. It's a thirty five caliber.
Speaker 3: Oh Caliberpologies, I know, mistake. Yeah, I was like, I don't know my weapons like whatsoever. I'll be the first to admit that, and I'm okay with that actually, but it could be something I learned, I guess. So he entered his parents' bedroom first, shooting each of them twice. He then entered his brother's bedroom, shooting them each once in their beds, and the same in his sister's bedroom. All the murders took place within fifteen minutes. He then showered, dressed for work, and dumped his bloody clothing and the murder weapon in a storm drain on his way to work at the family car dealership at about six a m. God, I just for some reason, I'm like, the shower after you do something so horrific, it just gets me.
Speaker 2: I don't know the shower that gets me. It's the putting on clean clothes and acting like it never happened.
Speaker 3: That's what gets well, yeah, like he would be getting ready in that fucking house, and like all of his family is just like dead in their bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's messed.
Speaker 2: Up, and he's the one who pulled the trigger.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, I'm sorry. Hopefully we can get through this because it's just like so much Okay. So oddly enough, all six six victims were found face down in their beds, as though placed that way with no signs of struggle, and neighbors did not report hearing any gunshots being fired, even though the rifle Butch used had not been fitted with a silencer. Apparently, there was evidence found at the crime scene that the family also may have been drugged with the sedative, but no evidence of sedatives were found in the autopsy, So I feel like those are like a kind of some weird things that happened.
Speaker 2: Definitely. I mean, if there's no sedative in their system, then I mean you might not find it in one or two, but to not find it in any of the family most likely points to the fact that they were not sedated. So over the time span of fifteen minutes, they're all shot, and like, I don't know's there's a lot of weird shit there.
Speaker 3: I know, I feel like that's so weird. And then just the fact too, like they had neighbors and the neighbors and tear this. Yeah, no one heard it because that's because we've talked about this before. But that's not like that wasn't the gun that's super quiet, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty two is really a quite quiet one. Yeah, because it's really small caliber, it's really small amount of gunpowder with it generally, and it's it doesn't make much of a noise. But this is this is essentially a hunting well, this is a hunting rifle. This is big enough to take down a deer.
Speaker 3: Holy, so it would make some noise. Yeah, okay, So but why like why would why would Butch do this? So there's a few stories, one being and this one was brought up in court by Butcher's lawyers, that he heard voices telling him his family was plotting against him and that he had to murder them out of self defense. Another one being that it wasn't all sunshine rainbows in the Dafeo household. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail with this, but in short, Butch didn't have the best relationship with his father, who could have who could be described as hot tempered with a short fuse and potentially abusive.
Speaker 2: Fuck that guy. Hate abusive people.
Speaker 3: I know, like, especially like parents, right like, So this causing Butch to grow in to somewhat troubled young adult, with reports of him becoming addicted to drugs and alcohol and at times lashing out sorry at his family.
Speaker 4: So was that intentional?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm drinking a nice coffee.
Speaker 3: It I was like, you're living your best life where they're drinking chocolate milk, but it's not chocolate milk.
Speaker 2: Looks like chocolate milk, Ben.
Speaker 4: Does a bit.
Speaker 3: And finally, there were other reports that he could have been after the insurance money, which is like always a motive for so many things that happen in this world, which is fucked up.
Speaker 2: Saying money is the root of all evil, right, so yeah, money rules the world.
Speaker 3: In court, which is insanity. Plea was not accepted, and he was convicted of second degree murder in November nineteen seventy five and sentenced to six sentences of twenty five years in life or to life in prison. So he was like in the tellydated did.
Speaker 2: So six twenty five years that's one hundred and fifty years to life. Folk.
Speaker 3: So however, though he did die, and he died in twenty twenty one, which is interesting, so in March, and I don't remember even this coming up, like you think that this would have been like in the news, right, I know. Shit, So he died in March. So he died in custody in March twenty twenty one. I couldn't find out why. It didn't seem like it was released or anything. So I don't know if it was like old age he was shy of turning seventy.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it was COVID related it.
Speaker 3: Could have been, or like maybe he had like cancer or something, right, and who knows. Okay, so now we know what happened to Butch. But what happened to the beautiful large Dutch colonial house located at one one two Ocean Avenue that now had quite a looming history.
Speaker 2: On its own, I don't know to tell what happened? What did happen to it?
Speaker 3: Well, it laid vacant for just over a year until December eighteenth, nineteen seventy five, when a couple George and Kathy Lootsus LUTs I'm gonna say their name wrong. Lots lots lots.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say the last name. Lot's wrong, Lots lots you're gonna say it wrong.
Speaker 3: I want to say it wrong. Lots. Okay, So Kathy and George, with their three children and a dog very important, would take a chance on it. George and Kathy were just married earlier that year, so George was the children's stepdad. They purchased the house for eighty thousand, which was considered a bargain price. It sounded like it was a beautiful house, and from photos that I looked up, it also looked like an absolute beautiful house, Like I don't want to live there.
Speaker 2: It is a gorgeous place.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Like I just think that I've never seen a house like it, to be honest.
Speaker 2: But also like you look at the house and you go inside, it looks like a house that someone's gonna get murdered in.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't look at it any of the photos of it inside.
Speaker 2: It's just it screams that old timey house that you that someone dies in.
Speaker 4: Jeez.
Speaker 3: So it had five bedrooms, was built in Dutch colonial style, like I had mentioned, had this distinctive gambrielle roof, a swimming pool and a boat house as it was located on a canal, and included in the sale of the house was an additional four hundred dollars. Oh sorry, I read that really wrong. Okay, So additionally four hundred dollars was included in the price, and it included all of the Dafayo's furniture, which I feel like, okay to live in like the house that people were murdered in, I can like get over that, but to be living in the house and with.
Speaker 2: All their shit, it's like with someone shot on this bed or this couch.
Speaker 3: Or oh my god, I hope it didn't include the freaking like beds.
Speaker 4: Well, that's too much.
Speaker 2: I would assume not the mattresses, but you never know.
Speaker 4: The frame frames.
Speaker 3: I don't think i'd be okay with like I don't I don't know. Would you be okay okay if you were literally like looking at a house and they're like, oh, people got murdered in here, like literally like a whole family got murdered in here and they were murdered by like a family member, would you be like okay and like buy that house?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: It depends on the house. It depends on the deal we're getting. But I don't know, but there's a high chance that i'd be like, fuck this shit, I'm out.
Speaker 4: It would be a.
Speaker 3: Pretty high chance of that. Okay, well this brings me to this. Actually this is good timing. They were informed during the inspection process of the home's history. I almost think you have to legally inform people of that, right we like if someone bringly got murdered, Like, I think you got to tell them. But they discussed it and they decided it wasn't an issue for them for their price point. The house was a steal of a deal. So I mean, like, okay, if say, if you're like, can only really with your price afford like a two bedroom kind of thing, but then this house comes available because it's so a good deal, Like that's a big.
Speaker 2: Difference of body front at that.
Speaker 3: Like I know, like I could see it. It has I could see it like.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, maybe people have been murdered in this, but like it's beautiful. It's beautiful. Maybe maybe we don't even live in it for long because we don't like the idea of that. But what if we buy it, Like do some like renovations, flip the ship, make a shit ton of money, and then go buy a nicer house before totally so put up with it for two years and then we move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like fuck yeah. So Well, when a friend of Georgia's learned of the history of the house, they insisted they needed to have it blessed, which honestly totally fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would probably sage the shit out of that house.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck.
Speaker 3: I think if I bought it and just sage the shit out of the house, I'd be like more okay with it.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I would definitely be talking to all of our witchy friends and being like, who's got the most amount of stage and who wants to burn all of it in a house?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do this. Let's just like all of it like yeah, numerous times.
Speaker 4: I think ye.
Speaker 3: So George, I can't even say that name, was a non practicing mythologist Methodists Methodist, I don't know, and is that even and had no experience of what this would entail, where Kathy was a non practicing Catholic and explained the process. George knew a Catholic priest who agreed to carry out the house blessing. As he was at the house performing his blessing, George and Kathy were at the house unpacking their belongings. It's reported that at one point while performing his blessing, he heard a masculine voice demand that he get out.
Speaker 2: Fuck could you imagine?
Speaker 3: I think I would? I would just be yeah, like I just want I would. I kind of want to like experience something like that, but I just don't know how it handen.
Speaker 2: You want to experience that in a sense? Okay, you ready for it? Ready get out there?
Speaker 3: No, you get out Okay.
Speaker 2: Piece you do the podcast. I'm gonna gontairs.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that'd be the life. We also have apple Pie, which is pretty pretty awesome. Fuck yeah Okay. So he did not mention this to George and Kathy as he was leaving, which I was like, what the frig though? About a week later on December twenty fourth, which is a terrible day to announce something shitty?
Speaker 4: What day?
Speaker 2: Sorty? December twenty fourth? Yeah, Christmas Eve?
Speaker 3: Christmas Eve, like, wait till the twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas. Oh, by the way, here's some shit news. Yeah, enjoy your Christmas Day, like the fuck God, Merry Christmas to you, I know, like like they're gonna be able to enjoy their Christmas Day, right.
Speaker 3: The father called George and advised him to stay out of the second floor room where he had heard this mysterious voice.
Speaker 4: Also, maybe it was Santa Claus in the chimney.
Speaker 3: That said get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's like, you're not supposed to see me, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he was there like a week earlier.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Oh well, there goes that theory. Fuck, never mind.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was Santa, but that is something Santa could say, get out, well in a nice way. Maybe not this mean mascot.
Speaker 2: In a nice way.
Speaker 4: Get out, get out please, But it doesn't say please, just get out, get out?
Speaker 3: Would you Moon?
Speaker 2: Getting out all of a sudden you're in an English accent?
Speaker 3: Okay. So, Also, following the priest's visit to the house, he allegedly developed a high fever and blisters on his hands, similar to stigmata, which is the appearance oh sorry, which is the appearance of bodily wounds, scars, and pain in the locations corresponding to the crucifix crucifixion wounds of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know about that part.
Speaker 3: See that's like fucked up. Yeah, so like this sh like did something to this priest guy? No shit, Okay, so initially, where am I here? Initially, George and Kathy experience experienced nothing unusual in their home, but unfortunately that was short lived, and just twenty eight days after moving in, the Lutz family fled their house, claiming to have been terrorized by paranormal activity while living there.
Speaker 2: See that's one thing that you're never going to find me enduring. I will never be terrorized by paranorm activity.
Speaker 3: The first time it happened, you're.
Speaker 2: Out, Yeah, like fuck this piece the fuck out. Nope, but that's.
Speaker 4: Your hose, this shit not anymore.
Speaker 2: That's their house now. Also, if I fucking run the second I hear a fucking something get knocked off or a covered door slamming on its own, all I have to do is be all like now I'm selling the house. I have no knowledge of being terrorized by fucking ghosts. I heard there was a covered there's once it was just a breeze.
Speaker 3: Okay, more than one thing would have to happen for you to go to that extreme, because it just could be like something weird, right, I think at least like three things have.
Speaker 2: To happen, in my opinion, Yes, three things, because once shit happens twice, it's a coincidence. Three times is a pattern.
Speaker 3: So I think it has to be three, not just one year out.
Speaker 2: As soon as as soon as I have that, I know it's a pattern. I know it's a ghost. I'm fucking gone.
Speaker 3: As soon as you have it solidified, your your piece, Yes, where's Ben?
Speaker 2: I don't know, standing on the front lawn.
Speaker 3: Would you'd be taking me with you or you don't even care, You're just gone.
Speaker 2: I'm taking whatever is on my body. I'll be standing on the front line of my fucking underwear if I have to. I don't give a shit.
Speaker 3: I mean I could honestly see that happening.
Speaker 2: Though, me standing on the front lawn and my underwear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see that happening. But I also just see, like how like lots of shit, bad shit happens in houses sometimes or not even like bad shit, but people just like passing away, right, Like I just think it's I can see house is being haunted easily.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what happened to George and Kathy so Well. George was said to wake up at three point fifteen basically every morning, not every but pretty much almost every morning, which is around the time that Butch carried out his murders, and also a time known as witching air and witching hour is a time of night that is associated with high paranormal activity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, like I almost like.
Speaker 3: So get nervous now if I wake up in the middle of night and I have to look at the fucking clock to see what time it is. If it's like in three, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, no, if it's three o'clock when I wake up in the morning, middle night or whatever. If I see it's three o'clock, immediately my eyes get shut. That's it. I just nope, I don't care. If I'm still wide awake, my eyes get closed.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Ah Okay. Also, the Lutz family claimed to have smelled strange odors, see green oozing slime or green slime oozing out of the walls and keyholes, and experience cold spots in certain areas of the house. I'm freaking freezing right now, So I'm like the cold spots whatever, that just happens. Some doors would begin opening and closing on their own. A knife was known to be knocked down in the kitchen onto the floor. George at one point entered her room and found it swarming with flies that would continue to torment the family. See that's disgusting, that is. And of course, their youngest Jody or sorry, their youngest child would suddenly make friends with imaginary friend named Jody, which I don't know kids have imaginary friends, but it's just like, that's a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess, and we're not even done.
Speaker 2: I get suspicious as soon as a kid not has an imaginary friend, but as soon as the kid is interacting with an imaginary friend, because like, oh you have an imaginary friend, yeah, yeah, cool, Sure, as soon as there's something where it's like, oh yeah, my friend is over here playing with me.
Speaker 3: Fucking Nope, Okay, I don't know that would bother me yet, because it's just like their imagination. They're exploring things, and they're just like wanting a little friend with them all the time. I mean, but honestly, I could see being ghosts often, yeah, because kids are more susceptible to that too, right activity So okay, So the most messed up piece of all. As if this shit hasn't been bad enough yet, there are claims of a pig like creature with red eyes staring down at George and his son Daniel from a window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Kate.
Speaker 3: That would only have to happen once. There would have to be no other two paranormal things happening. That happened.
Speaker 4: I'm out.
Speaker 2: See If I came home and I'm standing the driveway and I look up and I see a fucking pig like creature standing in the fucking windows staring down at me, my first thought would be, fuck, you picked up an animal on the road. What do we have for a pet? Now?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, like I've even ever done that.
Speaker 2: You've talked about it every time you see an animals.
Speaker 3: Because most of our animals have been purchased by you. It's my turn.
Speaker 4: I want to buy something, Yeah, but I purchased them for you.
Speaker 2: What's the difference.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, where are we here? Look at us? Go? Okay. Finally, George is said to have woken up to his wife Kathy Leffe, hating off their bed. Okay, now that is freaking terrifying. There's also been things I didn't even have it written down where like he would look at her and she would like just age kind of too while she was in bed, Like all of a sudden, you're laying next to your thirty year old wife, but then she looks like she's eighty years old.
Speaker 2: How do you put up with this sort of stuff like.
Speaker 3: For that for twenty eight days?
Speaker 2: Well it wasn't twenty isn't that long? Yeah, but how do you put up with it for more than a day?
Speaker 3: You see progresses usually, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but progressing from Okay, if you have green ooze leaking from your fucking walls, you're like, let's fucking see if it stops, and hope it's gone. In the morning, you see a pig like demon creature in your fucking window. Yeah, I'll just sleep this off too. Maybe it'll be gone tomorrow. Your wife is levitating besides you in aged fifty years. Maybe she just has a headache.
Speaker 3: Like what Yeah, that it is a lot because their sons, Daniel and Christopher apparently have had also events where they were levitating in their bed like they're your children, Like that's terrifying, kids.
Speaker 2: Stop levitating in your beds like.
Speaker 3: Fue in the morning. So eventually after twenty eight days of torment, the family had enough and fled the house. There you go, twenty eight days. I feel like that's like a strong family.
Speaker 2: No shit.
Speaker 3: Some research would go on to tell about the hell the house being built on ancient enclosure of the sick, mad and dying operated by the Shinneycock Indian Nation. However, no such history has ever been proven or discovered by historians and the shineycowk I hope I'm saying that right, Yeah, I think so. Indian Nation apparently never even resided in the area, so I don't know. That was one little theory.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 2: Well, there's lots of stories that I've heard of being like buried on the or built burial ground stuff so.
Speaker 3: That it could be caused by that not even necessary like the murders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, So the fact that it's actually been like debunked by historians is actually quite a big deal.
Speaker 3: There were some claims of hoof prints in the snow on January.
Speaker 2: First, Well, there's your pig creature.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy six, which is most likely from that pig like creature that they claim they have seen, but it was rejected by research searchers Mike Moran and Peter Jordan, who investigate their investigation, revealed that there had actually been no snowfall that night.
Speaker 4: Oh snap, But I mean, like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't even take that because the amount of times where the Weather network is fucking wrong, that's true. I don't even like it's like I feel like it's one job that you can be wrong like so much and still keep your job.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think it's expected that you're going to be wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh well, especially here, Like it's lately, I'm doing a photo shoot. Nine times out of ten, I look at the weather, but then that the photo shoot is doing something completely different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's sunny today, there's three inches of snow out there.
Speaker 3: Maybe where they were at it said there was no snow, but then at this people's house there was snow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: So the neighbor though, So the neighbors of the LUTs has never reported anything unusual during the time that they were living there. So like neighbors not seeing anything, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 2: Not even someone running out of the house screaming, standing in the front lawn in their underwear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't see anything weird. Apparently, George however, maintained that events written in the published book about their encounters were mostly true. In June nineteen seventy nine, George and Kathy took a polygraph test relating to their experience at the house. The polygraph tests were performed by two I don't know, Chris googas I think and Michael Rice, who at the time, though this is important, were reportedly among the top five polygraph experts in America. The results in their opinion that they indicate they were not lying.
Speaker 2: See that's some strong evidence. However, polygraphs are like not the most reliable source of material.
Speaker 3: But then for like the both of them to have comeback that they weren't lying and these people like actually being like the top of their job, Yeah, I feel like something might have come of that if they were like just full out lying, you know.
Speaker 2: That's true. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a tough one' Do they even use those nowadays?
Speaker 2: I think they do, but I don't even know if they're.
Speaker 4: They like standing court, Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So now, clearly there are many people who question the Validista Valadi, I.
Speaker 4: Can't even talk v.
Speaker 3: Of the lots story and events surrounding the Ammineville House. A main theory of what really happened is that the lots Is were in financial trouble and brewed the whole story up for money to sell to the public.
Speaker 4: Then sons of bitches, you never know the lots Is.
Speaker 3: Former lawyer William Webber, who fell out with them over a money issue, came out in nineteen seventy nine claiming the three of them came up with the whole horror store over many bottles of wine. I mean, that's some shit you could actually come up with over a few bottles. One.
Speaker 2: I've come up with some dumber stuff, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess. Okay, So there's son. Daniel, however, claims the house ruined his life and that he continues to have nightmares to this day, but he also claims it was George who invited the mysterious and dangerous forces into their lives due his to his fascination and obsession with the occult. The occult yet, so that's something that I thought was super interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even his son is just like it was real, But it was it's to blame to Joe.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the house.
Speaker 2: It was George Yeah, George, open those fucking doors. Kids. Don't play with fucking demons and shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put the Uigi boards away, saved your fucking house. Don't invite shit in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do think that you can actually attract these things. Oh yeah, I really do think that. So these claims and events all peer all appeared in j and since nineteen seventy seven book The Aminebelle Whore The What Amityville?
Speaker 2: There you Go?
Speaker 3: I talked to I like mushed my words together sometimes. So this also inspired the nineteen seventy nine movie of the same title, which inspired many many more movies since then. The story and the house has become a cult classic among horror fans.
Speaker 4: It has, it really has.
Speaker 3: So. The Ameneville House, also known as one one two Ocean Avenue, still exists, but has undergone some renovations making it look quite a bit different and the house someone who was living in the house at one point. They actually change the house number to one oh eight Ocean Avenue in order to discourage sightseers from visiting. None of the new owners, and there has been a few, have reported any paranormal activity, but rather contending with horror movie than fanatics walking and driving by the house to get a glimpse of the famous at Amneville House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 3: I could drive so much, and honestly, I would even not want to drive by. I would feel bad, like now reading that, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I would definitely want to drive by. I'm not too I would drive by still knowing reading that, but I would not like super slow down. I'd be like O could drive by real quick. Shit, I didn't get a picture drive by again, Like, you know, I honestly think i'd.
Speaker 3: Like park a block or so away and then just like breaking like I was going through a FIRS stroll.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe then it's.
Speaker 3: Just like you're out in the neighborhood taking a walk. I mean they're gonna freaking now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but be casual about it, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Don't because they would even say people would like knock on their door like in all hours of night, Like that's being an asshole, no shit, Like people are living there now, like just leave them alone, go look.
Speaker 4: If you need to.
Speaker 2: But could you imagine living there in the Amityville House actually buying it in this day and age and being like this is the fucking Amityville house.
Speaker 3: I know it'd be really cool. I think it's like worth a lot more now, But then also I don't. I wouldn't want to live there just because of the people driving by and shit, I would buy so much.
Speaker 2: Have you have I showed you the Amityville ghost photo. Did you come across it in your research?
Speaker 3: I didn't, actually.
Speaker 2: Really no, because it's like one of the most prolific ghost photos like out there to date for any sort of like ghost hunter paranormal activity stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I was looking at the house, but that's it there. Oh my gosh. Okay, actually I have seen that. That is terrifying. A shit.
Speaker 2: If you haven't seen it, look it up, the Amityville ghost photo. It's of maybe we'll post it on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, I could even put it in the story if I don't.
Speaker 2: Post it on the need So a ghost hunter was in the house. It set a bunch of cameras and stuff, and supposedly there was no one in the house at the time this photo was taken, and there is a young boy peeking out of a bedroom and it's thought to be one of the kids that was shot in the original incident.
Speaker 4: When uh, the murders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when what's his name went through and killed his family.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because that little boy looks to be about like nine. Well because there was I'm just looking back here, there was Mark who was eleven, and John who was nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, I don't want to like take time to read through this and figure it out who they think it is. Yeah, I can't see who they think it is, but I'm sure you can find out and and find who they.
Speaker 4: Suspected to be.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, but it's a creepy ass fucking photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is so creepy. Yeah, it honestly looks like a real child to knuck in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which could be could be it could be could be a doctor image. It could be like, oh, totally capture this image and it's just like, yeah, hey, here's my son in the fucking photo or something.
Speaker 3: So anyway, that concludes Halloween week.
Speaker 2: That's that's Halloween week. It's done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's freaking not it's over. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 3: So basically I just wanted to say I hope everyone freaking enjoyed the shit.
Speaker 2: No kidding out of that. It was fun putting it together, but man, and just to.
Speaker 3: Give everyone like time to catch up on it. We aren't going to be having a podcast out on Tuesday, yeah, the second, but we will be back and we will have one on November ninth for y'all.
Speaker 4: Yes we will, so I'm excited for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so get that for either, catch up on all the episodes because I know some people are like share behind, having trouble keeping up now, so take that extra week, catch up on all the epic Halloween week and catch us on the next one, yeah, on the ninth, And of course find our socials all the way down in the description of this podcast Instagram, Facebook, our website, Patreon where you can go support us. We'd appreciate it, yeah.
Speaker 3: We would end, we act and we have the Drunk We're Gonna Groom video officially up.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so you guys, thank you so much, and we're going to pass things over to Jacko to close us out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it, Jacko.
Speaker 1: It is unfortunate, but all good things must come to an end, And as a sunrise on the dawn of the next day, so does the flame flicker infade within me. However, a flame can be reignited with but a single spark, so don't think you've heard the last of Jacko. Ladies, gentlemen, theyse and them's. It has been a pure honor these past seven days as we explored the world of all things wicked and grim. But I must bid you adieu. I hope you enjoyed your time with us and you have a superb Halloween. Until we meet again, my friends, stay wicked.