Speaker 1: We're in wait.
Speaker 2: This is your captain speaking.
Speaker 1: If you look out to your left, you'll see a beautiful view of the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 3: Far the.
Speaker 1: Work show. I write this, no, I can't have somebody down to you.
Speaker 3: I am I going. My only must phoned us?
Speaker 1: Who sent that thing? Of course, now that amis didn't come here by accident.
Speaker 2: They were running from what then things turned back?
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 4: Then we have something he needs?
Speaker 1: Longest said in the last school, every thing will and maybe we disguise and then who? Why did you keep people out?
Speaker 2: Whats wrongs?
Speaker 3: They come a long way?
Speaker 1: It won be here.
Speaker 3: It's like cool, this world can survive. You stay together. But I need him. You're bad people. We're always There comes a time in every man's life where do you have to make a sacrifice.
Speaker 1: I'm with you to the end.
Speaker 2: Always.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is all the money.
Speaker 3: That we have. You keep Welcome me fight, I det my.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Projection Booth. I'm your host, Mike White on this special crossover event. I am joined by the Culture Cast Christaschue we On. I am also joined by Midnight Viewings Antonio Ye thanks for having me and Midnight Viewings Father.
Speaker 2: Alone this movie doesn't represent the lomb diminishing returns. It represents awe of my increasing rage.
Speaker 4: Well he's burying the lead right then and there, folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cutting to the chase. Not even hello, just this movie start.
Speaker 4: This movie sucks, Folks.
Speaker 2: Jesus you know who I am. We've all met.
Speaker 1: Get ready to dive into the chaotic and thrilling world of Venom the Last Dance. In this episode, we unravel the wild journey of Eddie Brock and his iconic symbiote as they face their toughest battles yet. From intense confrontations to unexpected alliances. We'll explore the story's dark twists and the shocking fate that awaits Join us as we die, set the gripping narrative, mind blowing visuals, and unforgettable moments that to find this epic chapter Fans, this one's got all the bite. Don't miss it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So where the fuck did that come from? Did you have AI righte? That for you?
Speaker 1: Chris? What did you think a Venom three aka Venom the Last Dance?
Speaker 4: I was disappointed that there wasn't enough Michael Jordan in the movie. That's how Michael Jordan. Isn't that not what this is?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: The Last Dance references is that? Oh yeah, right, there was that Michael Jordan documentary that came out like two years ago. That wasn't Michael Jordan The Last Dance?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I know what they're getting at with the title of the movie. I thought it was it was a pretty gay movie. Well really, I found this to be a very oddly homosexual film in a way that the other Venom movies, at least the second and third one were. The first one not so much, but definitely the second one. The first one was like, hey, we have to have a love interest, and then this one's The last two have been like the love interest is venom. That's the that's the point, y'all.
Speaker 3: Isn't the second one have a whole plot about them breaking up? And yeah? I mean yeah?
Speaker 4: And then this one is, you know, the the death of the relationship, you know, the sacrifice of one for the other. I think I probably enjoyed it more than at least Father Malone, but he let the cat out of the mag early. I don't know about y'all. I thought it was fun. I actually enjoy these Venom movies a fair amount. I think that Tom Hardy as Venom is a weird choice that works. I think that there's some cheats in this movie that are cheats, and I think we were now seeing the multi versus cheats and I'm sick and fucking tired of it, kind of like Venom says in the movie, I'm thinking this multi versus shit. Yeah, me too, dude. Other than that, I thought it was a perfectly fine movie. It is a very weird comic book movie for twenty twenty four. But I will say, for as much as Marvel's stuff, Marvel's MCU stuff has been very same me, which it has for quite some time now, at least the Sony's stuff, the Sony Spider Man stuff, as bad as most of it has been Kauugh cough, Madam Web cough cough, Morbius, at least they're kind of entertaining in a very strange way. And I'm not saying they're good, They're just entertaining. And who the fuck is making a comic book movie like this in twenty twenty four, because these have sensibilities of those like early two thousand Spider Man movies or early two thousand superhero movies like those X Men movies and the Spider Man movies and the Fantastic Four movies. I think it's a weird movie. Again. I don't know what to make of a movie where they have a dance number with venom. Again, it's not for everybody. I think in a lot of ways, it will be yet another weird entry into Sony's Spider Man, whatever the hell they're doing without Spider Man. But I thought it was fun within reason, and it's only an hour and a half, which is nice compared to every other MCU thing, which quoks in it two hours bare minimum because why, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And Antonio, how about yourself.
Speaker 3: I felt like it was an eighties movie. I had that kind of vibe too, and I think that's what it was, kind of like an eighties, you know, buddy movie, either on the road or YadA YadA YadA. Here's a stupid musical number for no reason. Here's some here running into the lady from the last movie, just randomly playing, you know, playing a playing poker on one of the machines. I just it was terrible. I ain't gonna lie. It's not a great movie. I haven't liked any of them. But if you separate yourself from it being then I guess it's a pretty entertaining monster comedy, right, that's kind of how it plays. But you know, I was nine, ten eleven whenever when Venom dropped, right, I remember that first issue that I had with him, and it was I didn't get the first I didn't have that three hundred number three hundred Spider Man, but I had one or two afterwards. It's been kidnapped, Mary Jane and as the first time I had seen pot Parland draws Spider Man, and I was blown away. Like I had seen him in other stuff at DC, but out and he was this threat. He was his arch nemesis. He was this evil kind of character. And even when they like Storm shadowed him in the nineties there, like when you know I turned him into a good guy out of nowhere, he still had a redemption arc. You know he's okay. So I was this awful guy and I'm trying to do better now movie Venom, it just is. I guess I don't think Spider Man three is all that great, but I do like Telfer Graces about him. I liked his evil Peter Parker. He was a jerk. There was a reason for that hatred towards him. I mean obviously that just the thing just dropping out of the sky while Peter Parker's riding his boatbed is ridiculous. But it looked cool. It looked like body Horror a little bit. And this movie, say, they aren't very gross. It's very kind of generic. CG.
Speaker 1: I don't know what nell is.
Speaker 3: They just said, okay, here's this force from another dimension? Is was the crossover with Spider Man down and then and finally you have the delight of having the guy from ted Lasso in that movie and you use him for three minutes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know, there's a lot of ted Lasso in this movie, to be fair. And do you know Temples?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know Temples.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what they were, just like, hey, ted Lasso's popular. We'll just put like half of the main cast from that show in this movie, all.
Speaker 3: Right, not gonna lie. I did a day of background on it, and I couldn't like and I did that the scene where they show up in Vegas, I was there, but I'm not in the movie at all. My buddy, and of Pather Malone's Palo Match Chef Road as an actor in town. You see him he walks behind in a two shot there, he walks behind Tom Hardy and Receie Fens. But I like Recens. I thought he was gonna be the lizard. But I guess he wasn't the lizard. He was just some rando Tom Hardy. But that's the thing. But it's a prop. At the point that Chris brought up, Tom Hardy is really good though, like he makes the movie entertaining. Venom is a creature is entertaining. It's just not the venom my girl up in a comic book with. But Tom Hardy is just like weird Eddie's fun. Tom Hardy reminds me of Nicholas Cage. And then anything that they're gonna be in the performance is gonna be weird enough that you're gonna at least be entertained by it. And we go for ninety minutes. That's great. That's where the eighties movie being came from.
Speaker 1: To somebody father.
Speaker 2: Alone, how about you, sir, I'm gonna just start with what I liked about the movie. The xenophage, the creatures that are hunting them when they eat somebody they like arasoll the blood out of the back of their head. That was awesome. I like seeing Elena Ubach and anything, even as misguided as their character is here in the movie. And I guess that's about it. No, Tom Hardy obviously, yes, all those things, and the look of Venom himself. I just kept wondering why this movie is called Venom because we don't really get a lot of him. This is the movie I was. I kept wondering why it wasn't just Venom most of the time and Tom Hardy popping out and every once in a while instead of the reverse. There seems to be less and less of Venom in these movies, rather unusual, and to hear the conceit is that they can't even bond because that attracts the creatures, so like they've given themselves this excuse not to fully venom. I don't know if that's a budget constraint or whatever. But like the thing where they have Venom's head talking to him, I think is great, and I know they started that in the previous one, but their friendship is fantastic. But to Antonio's point, this ain't Venom. Man. I owned an action figure of Venom that when you pushed a button said.
Speaker 3: I want to eat your breathe.
Speaker 2: That's Venom. Also Null, by the way, part of the retrofitting of Venom was Null is the creator of the Symbiates and the Zenos.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's like in the last ten years, which is fucking wild that they introduce it here, because so much of what they've done with Venom up unto this point has just been nineties stuff. And then they're like, oh, by the way, here is the King of the Symbiotes, which is a thing that literally, I'm not even joking. It was a thing that was in the last ten years because it was the big they did a big marvel for the entire universe. They did an entire event and he it was like Planet Venom or something to that effect, and he was the main villain in that. But to your point, But to your point, all it does is they owe now Venom's a good guy in everything. Venom's a good guy. There's no villain Venom anymore in anything, even in the comic books now because of this character, and now they're doing it in the movies as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: What they've done, I mean, yeah, he's started being a villain in the nineties though.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, that whole Lethal Protectors, Like I was, Now all the Symbiotes are good guys, is my point. It's not just Venom, it's now you're seeing the way they've treated it in the comic book as the way they're treating it in the movie, where all the symbiotes are seemingly heroes and the villain is this overarching character. So it's all, we just understand that the symbiotes ever, but he loves the symbiotes. Of course we do. But that's that oversaturation thing. They just wanted to have Captain America's Venom and Iron Man is Venom and Hulk's Venom, which happened in the comic book as well.
Speaker 3: By the way, Dad Nogay, he just looks like a Japanese video game cut scene, like like a Final Fantasy game or something with that hair and traumatic pauses or anything that is that supposed to crossover into Tom Holland's MCU universe or No.
Speaker 2: It's quite clear this entire movie is the setup for a new trilogy of Symbiot movies.
Speaker 4: With Juno Temple as the lead.
Speaker 2: Absolutely that's all I was. The entire time. I was like, this does not feel like the third film in a trilogy. This feels like the prologue for a future adventures of the Symbiots in the Sony universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what did you think, Bike, Well, apparently I like this movie a lot more than y'all.
Speaker 4: Did I enjoy, Mike, I don't know. I seem to enjoy it quite a bit. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I went back and rewatched the first two, which I've seen some times, mostly the first one. I'm not huge on Carnage. My background with Venom is. I mean, I was there for the Secret Wars the first one, and you know, the Black Suit and the Beyonder giving that to him and all these things, and then Spider Man waking up very tired in the morning, doesn't know what's going on, and finding out that Symbio has life, you know, goes to the Baxter Building, gets it removed. Eventually, you know, Venom arrives. But I think I was kind of out of comic books by the time even Carnage showed up. So yeah, Venom was still a bad guy when I was reading comics, and Carnage was the bad guy. Coming out of all that. I really had hoped for more when it came to that witty Harrelson movie, even though that was absolutely ridiculous, especially that they changed his hair between the first movie and the second movie with that amazing Ronald MacDonald wig that he was wearing.
Speaker 4: So I was my biggest disappointment that second movie.
Speaker 1: It's going to be Carnage.
Speaker 4: I'm just an average guy with a really big dick.
Speaker 3: But Mike brings up an interesting point is that he was out of a comics by time Carnage shut Up and stuff. But that's when I was like a high school kid or whatever, and that was a multi media event.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, there was no movie, but there was a Carnage Maximum Carnage video game. There was I mean there was a Sega game and there was a coin op. It ended up on the oh, we ended up on the cartoon. It was like this big event, you know, it was a huge thing. And I think you just see all of this Vendom stuff and all these Sydians and Spider Man's up there. There's no reference to Spider Man anywhere, and it just it just takes away from a minute. We'll tied for me, to like, I know four without Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Well, that was a really weird thing to have that extra scene at the end of Venom two where Eddie suddenly goes into the main mc YOU universe timeline and sees j Jonah Jamison sees Tom Holland as Spider Man on the TV, and it just it doesn't make sense unless Eddie Brock is the same Eddie Brock as Toe for Grace. It doesn't make sense for him to have been transported to that universe because it's only for people who know the identity of Spider Man, So him showing up really doesn't make sense. Same thing with Electro I mean to be it really should have been Vulture showing up in that universe.
Speaker 4: But remember when Vulture showed up at the end of Morvius. Yes, sure, make any sense And that was Vulture from the MCU. Yeah once again.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't even know what the hell he's doing there. But yeah, this whole thing, and then I love how they just undo it within the first five minutes of Venom three, Okay, and yeah to see who is it Sammy No, I can't remember the name of the angel the football this life guy Ni Rojas Yes, that was so great to see him show up and I was super excited. Yeah, but that was funny, and yeah, they just they set up so many challenges for themselves as far as we can't go back to San Francisco, we can't go to New York. I kept thinking that they were going to go finally end up in New York, and yeah, this whole thing of we can't be venom because these creatures will know that we're around, but we show Yeah, we do become venom just in order to kick the plot into gear. But I don't know, I still like it. It's dumb as donkey dick, as the kids say, but I really like these movies, and I even like the Resa fans part. Even though Yeah, to your point, Antonio, I thought that he was maybe gonna turn into lizard, and then having chew Hotel Edgia four him here too, I was like, oh, is he a secret wizard here?
Speaker 4: It's weird how many people who have been in other MCU things are in this movie. However, I will say at this point it's a very short list of people that haven't been in the MCU.
Speaker 2: Like a thirty MCU movies, Like everyone's fucking been in them by now, so of course they're gonna start crossing over. And you know what, that's my point with Chaiwitel eisenfour. He's playing Rex Strickland, who is like a major character now or at least for a while with you know, he has bonded with a symbia and and is like an ass kicker, and they just sort of spoilers everybody. They just fucking waste him. At the end of this movie, I was like, why did they even call him Strickland?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was odd because even for me not being part of the comics culture for the last few years, I still knew the name. I was like, oh, major Strickland, Okay, I know that guy.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess I can I equate the actor crossover to like reading John Byrne comics in the eighties when I was a kid, Like where you know, he just drew Superman and Mister Fantastic for everybody, So we can't help Maybe that's just it, you know, they just look alike.
Speaker 4: But I mean also again, literally at this point, to your point, father Malone, there's like so many MCU movies it's almost impossible to not have. But you know, the problem is obviously now because they've opened up the multiverse box. Now it's like, well, if Reciepens is in the movie, he must be the lizard or what you know, what y'ell edge you for, like he's fucking Mordoe. No, they're just they're not They're just themselves. They're just new characters altogether. Because initially Reciepens was supposed to was going to play Kiln Clint, Clint Eastwood kilt. He was going and that was the initial again rumor, but then it turns out it's just Andy serkis once again doing the voice of the character character.
Speaker 2: He's the name of the planet is killed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, so it's just Andy serkis once again doing the voice of a CGI character, just like he did in Star Wars.
Speaker 2: It's the new Pianos. Everybody. Wait, they just once he gets out, things are going to be really bad in that Sony universe.
Speaker 1: You know who could have been really bad is the god killer from Thor in Love and Thunder talking about a wasted character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just coincidentally, Clint is his home planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Like he really reminds me of those two characters. Remind me of each other. Maybe it was the black and whiteness of it all or something, but I was like, Okay, yeah, another one of these dudes. Okay, and yeah, no resolution with him, and I was like, oh, yes, he going to be well. I don't even know if we're going to make more of these Sony films or if now everything we'll find the revert over to Disney again. The Deadpool that we watched was just that big love letter to Fox's attempts. I was with the memories that Eddie has at the end of this film of him and Venom together. I was like, Okay, is this our last hurrah for this character before they go over to the Disney side of it?
Speaker 3: And I think, you know, when folks talk about superhero fatigue, I think a lot of that responsibility falls on on Sony, yes, for trying to put out basically joining to capitalize a regular Marvel universe by their with their crappy version, you know, and other attempts they've done Bloodshot or whatever it is. It's just you know, I mean, that has a lot to do. I think it is Marvel's product up until recently, has been pretty consistently good to eat and actually Marvel's product now is about the same it was ten years ago. It's just these are new characters, so there's more there's a bit more scrutiny out of it, I guess, but you know, and the funny thing is with the new stuff, I didn't like the stuff that most people don't. I thought she old it was great. I thought his Marvel was great. But you know, I don't like Loki Oh. I who know. At the end of the day, it's all of the taste. But I think the sow Me just with their crappy product is really damaged, pretty damaged.
Speaker 2: Jimpanie, you said this movie reminded you of a movie from the eighties. This reminded me specifically of a cannon attempt at making a superhero movie like circa nineteen eighties, having the script particularly just sort of a random honchponge and let's throw this in and oh, let's have a dance sequence here, and oh, you know, let's have this scene where Eddie makes a margarita with flipping bottles and tequila is playing, and we'll speed it up action like Benny Hill style.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: This movie was confusing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a hodgepot It was like they got the rights to the character but didn't quite read all the stuff, and they just kind of picked kind of and chose what they kind of thought it was gonna be, like, had a real revenge of swamp thing kind of to it, but just swamp thing is damn good though.
Speaker 2: No, you know, it reminds me of that Dolph Lundgren punisher. Yeah, well, okay, he has a Shakespearean friend and he lives in a sewer why I don't know, why not? Did you read the comics? Now? Who cares?
Speaker 3: Yeah? With that opening seat of that Dolph Lugger Punisher is just fanpastic where he kittles all those mobsters in that house. Oh, that's great.
Speaker 4: And there's a couple.
Speaker 3: There's a couple in that fight at the end with against the Yakus. I was pretty good too, Man, I'm gonna lie, but they never get the punisher right. Anyways, Loos, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Well, that's the question that I have speaking of that, So you're both talking about the fact that this is not Venom the way that Venom is in the comic books. This is gonna this is just me coming at this. That doesn't bother me. Anymore, because I don't really care because it's the movie and the comic book exists. If I think, however, what that I mean again, that's that's a more subjective thing. I'm more talking to the idea of if this were the MCU and that were the criticism, I would get it, because I hold the MCU to a different standard, because the MCU is trying to be the film definitive version of the characters, the same way the comic book base universe in the comic book is trying to be, you know, the through line character of Iron Man as he is and has been since he was introduced. Because there is still the original universe of the characters, ultimate universe and everything else aside, it doesn't bother me so much anymore. I understand. I get it. But at the same time, if this were the MCU version of Venom and he were this weird ass character, I would agree. I think if the MCU ever does it, which I assume and hope that they do, because this movie makes it pretty clear that this is not going to be the Venom of the MCU.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, Well, this is some of his black stuff on the bar.
Speaker 4: But that's no that's in that's in this universe, it gets left.
Speaker 2: He left a bit of himself in the last one too.
Speaker 4: But they didn't but they didn't show but they didn't show it in this movie.
Speaker 3: No, no, they do, but it's at the end of the Spider Man movie.
Speaker 4: Right, But I'm wondering if they, like I think they might have rent conned that out of the movie there. Well, no, I agree, Like, I agree, But my point being, like I think if there is going to be a Venom in the MCU, they will probably do something more akin to the original run of the character. And I don't think they've done it yet. I think that they will do it at some point. And so for me, like I said, I understand the criticisms like this isn't Venom the way I wanted it to be. But for me, it's like this is more just Tom Hardy being fucking Tom Hardy and being weird. It's again, the the problem with this movie really is that the name of the movie is Venom. That's the real problem.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. I've been very vocal that I love, you know, every version cinematic version of a character, you know, just like I love every version of a comic book. You know, different artists, different writers take the characters in different directions. I have no truck with them not adhering to the comic book. In fact, I think Marvel, the cinematic Marvel works so well because they don't adhere to the character. They very quickly change anything for their characters so long as that. You know, BUCkies did like a twelve year old boy in the comic books, so so I think that's what works mainly with that.
Speaker 3: You know why I think the Marvel Universe, the MCU works so well is because and I just owe Kevin Vaye the master. I don't know if you guys have watched that show, The Franchise on HBO, but there's it's, you know, behind the scenes backstage of a superhero franchise movie, and the Kevin vaigeek figures always like living somewhere from his assistant. But the cool thing about Kevin Vaye is Kevin Vaye like these characters, convig. He likes the comic books, he likes the unit, you know, like he likes it. And I think the more successful Marvel movies usually work with people behind them that when they like the characters. I think, and you can see that. And you know, people making these Venom movies and it feels like they just don't like them very much. I'm just gonna do whatever with it. That's the vibe I get. But you watch them an MCU movie, you can tell that at the top there's a real love for what Jack Kirby and Steve Victo Steady created.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised, since we are headed towards another Secret Wars, well towards a Secret Wars movie, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out Venom then that seems like it'd be a good time to also pay a little homage to the original, as long as they change out beyond Her and that incredible white Man perm that he had going on.
Speaker 2: I meant, I want to say that.
Speaker 4: I mean there is a fourth Venom movie coming. I mean, we know are fourth Excuse me, there is a fourth Spider Man and See You movie coming. They just announced it recently, so who knows if it will be It could be Venom. I mean again, they haven't said anything other than there will be a fourth Spider Man movie, which would lead me to believe they'll probably be a fifth and a sixth Spider Man movie.
Speaker 3: Take a second. The helm Holland is so good as Spider Man. Yeah, he is like that when I was a kid. That's that's who was in my head. Floating right is what Tom Holland is doing. Man, he's just spectacular. I'm excited to seem to be you know, college spider Man now with you know, having all these girl brothers stuff.
Speaker 1: Well it'll we'll finally get a chance maybe to meet Felicia Hardy and some of these other love interests that he said over the years.
Speaker 3: I was like, he said, Oh, I'm so down on my luck, but look at my parade of really hocker.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. I'm just gonna like, what, Yeah, you pulled Stacy in Mary Jane. How the hell did you do that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Chad recuts, Oh my god, Yeah.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. I wonder if if that is how we'll get the introduction of I guess, have they had a Norman Osbourne. They haven't even had a normal I mean they had Norman Osbourne, but they haven't Norman Osbourne.
Speaker 3: Harry and Norman are going to be on the Freshman Year cartoon.
Speaker 1: Well it wasn't because Harry he was in the third movie showed up because I was yet another.
Speaker 4: Villain in New Goblin, right.
Speaker 1: And then we had that awful the kid from the Chronicle that looked like he was Dane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're black on the cartoon. I think, Oh, interesting, Harry.
Speaker 1: Which is I'm writing an angry tweet about that, right, Stand.
Speaker 4: People get the.
Speaker 3: Williams Norman when he's like, I don't exist that universe where else?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: They haven't introduced those characters yet. So and in the Spider Man video game they actually take an interesting route and they actually have Harry Osborne is Venom in the video game.
Speaker 2: Well, and everybody in the comics at this point, well, yeah.
Speaker 4: He's been flashed Thompson And I mean right now in the comic book Eddie Eddie Brock is Carnage I believe. Oh yeah, yeah, because Eddie Brock hasn't been Venom for quite some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm thinking net venom, Ned's gonna be Venom or Hobgoblin or something like that.
Speaker 2: At Oh, I actually assume Ned's gonna be Hobgoblin.
Speaker 1: That would be interesting. Eddie Brock is an interesting character in these movies, and that he's not that right, you know, going back to even the second Venom movie, when Venom is basically teaching him how to be a reporter and gives them all the clues about where these bodies are buried. He looks at all these obscure drawings that what he Harrelson is doing, Kletus is doing, and brings us back and raws them all out, and he's just like, do I have to teach you your job? And I kind of like that. Eddie is he's pretty much a fuck up, you know, And it's basically both of them. In the first movie, Venom talks about how he's kind of a loser on his own planet, and I like it's these two losers together and having these delusions of brandeur, these delusions of what's their team up name lethal, Lethal Protector, Leather Protector. Yeah, just I think that's great. I kind of like that that they are these schlubs and really everything that can go wrong does go wrong for them. I kind of like that quite a bit. And I didn't mind the whole idea of bringing all the symbiotes together and having that big fight at the end. I can see where some people would say that was a ridiculous fight, but I thought it was great. I really like to see all the venoms, all the symbiotes going at it. I thought that was pretty cool, and I was kind of it was like a little bit like, oh, I've seen a two headed symbia before, I've seen this, the one that you know, Temple plays like, I think I've seen Agony for Yeah, I'm just like, oh, these are kind of cool character designs, so that was nice to see them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I true to the comics too, like they're very like straight up pretty much just I would say up converted versions. They don't do much with them, which is nice. I mean, yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like they don't do much, Like they're not really but that's it's okay. I don't know if they made some broad sweeping changes and tried to do that fan forestick version where it's like it's gonna be more body horror and realistic. I think I might have been checked out from a movie like this because this movie, I don't know, this movie feels cartoony, like it feels like a live action cartoon in a lot of ways, almost to the point where I kind of wish it had been more so but I feel like then it would just be like, well, then it's just a straight comedy, and people would probably have checked out even more so. But I would almost go as far as to say the tone of these movies is like a comedic superhero movie. They're like like straight up comedies almost right, Like.
Speaker 1: This whole movie is about shoes. From the very beginning of the die our shoes, Yeah, And it's like, you know, he loses his Yeah, he's got the shoes, he loses those, He gets these other shoes, he loses those. Even when he's being pulled out of that Vegas penthouse, he goes my shoes. And then even when we see and I can't remember the actress's name, but she's Juno Temple's assistant, Christmas Tree, Like the first thing we see her do is coming to her office, take off her shoes, put these shoes on the shelf, and there's such a prominent close up of the shoes, and I think that's supposed to tip us off later when she's wearing these ugly black crocs coming down into the laboratory and those are venom And so I'm like, five minutes before that, I leaned over to my wife, and I was just like, this whole movie's obsessed with shoes, and then that her shoes were venom. It's like, yeah, that's just kind of proves my point.
Speaker 3: And Eddie took those shoes at the end. Oh yeah, was running out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very Quentin Tarantino of the movie.
Speaker 1: We get ups with shoes, not with feet, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We get a whole lot of different variations of Venom here we get the venom horse and a venom frog and a venom fish, and none of them do anything, and they all just hint. That could have been an entirely different movie with Venom doing horrible things. During the end credits they have even further variations. At one they show a venom elephant, and I thought, where was the venom elephant rampaging through a fucking city? Like, why were we at decommissioned Area fifty one this fucking time? With this? You know, it's Chekhov's giant acid bath machine. If you introduce it in the opening, I have to use it in the end, and they sure do.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I don't even know why he was assetting, whether he was assetting at the beginning, I was like, what is the proce. Okay, sure, I don't know why, but okay.
Speaker 2: If Ba's were the method that they were using to destroy things, then why was it taking as long as it was. It seems like that was, you know, one day's work and no more. Area fifty one when you're using the acid bath.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of stuff that happened in this movie or a result of studio notes. What's her missus Lee or what is that her name?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I think it is missus Lee. I also want to call her missus Chen for some reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where he runs but when he runs into her, sorry missus Chen. Yeah, when he runs into her in the casino and they have the dance stom Berger and all that stuff, I feel like there's a studio note in there, you know. Can we Yeah, the nice lady from part two show up because I feel like this movie needs something fun and they just say, okay, well she's a vagus.
Speaker 2: I actually think that's Tom Hardy's contribution to the script myself.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, he has story by credits, he sure he does.
Speaker 2: And a screenplay by a person who could not make a decent screenplay out of Twilight fan fiction because she read that Fifty Shades of Gray adaptation.
Speaker 4: I mean, have you read the starting material. I'm not sure what anyone.
Speaker 2: You can only go up, is my point.
Speaker 1: You can only polish a turn so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah boy, yeah, that bottom alone. I think you're you're really giving Fifty Shades of Gray way more credit because if you've read it, I don't think there's any up you can go from reverse. There's there's no up from that.
Speaker 2: If you're starting at negative, you've only got positive to go to.
Speaker 4: Theoretically, yes, and execution The Warriors.
Speaker 2: The Warriors is a terrible novel and one of the best movies of all time.
Speaker 4: That's true. But in The Warriors they're not tying them tying each other up with ties and having sex in a red room.
Speaker 2: Well, James Remar attempted a bit of that on that part time.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of speaking of things that are strange, why are the characters from Paul in this? Because that's what the Reese Ethans character reminds me of. Oh okay, you know, because like, oh, we're gonna go to Area fifty one to look for aliens, Like where is this coming from?
Speaker 3: For it?
Speaker 2: It's episodes one, two, and three of this prologue that we just watched.
Speaker 4: It's very strange, but well, how does how do they factor into any of this?
Speaker 2: I'm sure they already have it sorted out, but.
Speaker 4: No, I'm genuinely asking what does any of their characters matter at all?
Speaker 2: Reese Ethon's is going to end up being a symbiot host and and a bad one and I don't know, it writes itself.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: It's just so it's so odd to me that that there's this all of a sudden, there's this family of you know, the Tobias fu Ke family band, all of a sudden it's just traveling the country because Area fifty one is being decommissioned. It's like I expected Seth Green from the Expiles to be with them, Like, whoa.
Speaker 3: Man, I want to go see the lights in a studio now.
Speaker 2: The Summer Films presents Venom.
Speaker 4: Remember the Weed and Justice League had a very similar thing with that, like Russian family at the end that the Flash has to say.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but yeah, Weed and threw that in there just because the notes from the previous movie were like stop killing everybody.
Speaker 1: It reminded me more of like a family that was in Mars Attacks or Independence Day.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the Randy Quaid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if this is necessarily a movie that's stuck in the eighties. I would say probably more like ninety five, ninety four or something around there.
Speaker 4: I've been saying it for ten damn years that they probed him sexually. Yeah, there is a little bit of rand There's a little bit of Randy Quid going on.
Speaker 3: It's it does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't seem like the movie knows what it wants to do in a lot of ways. It almost feels like vignettes in a lot of ways. And again like such a weird to me and Antonio and feather Malone, you know, y'all talking about like this doesn't feel like Venom. I agree. It feels like someone was like, all right, the last two movies, we've established this like weirdo version of venom. What would be interesting for him to do. Let's make a list of those things, and how can we cobble together a script that gets you from that point to that point? Because we have him riding on a horse, we have him fighting underwater where they're jumping around to the fish and the frogs, and then we have the symbio fight at the end of the movie, and you know, but I am more umber Yeah dah fucking dance number. Like but I'm I think I am I not think, I know, I am more with you, Mike, Like I I enjoyed it because it's just I don't know, I and Mike, this might wrinkle you a little bit. I go back to the joker folly ado of it all. Like I'm kind of more content to watch weird failures of movies at this point than Deadpool Wolverine, which I was like, I will probably never watch again because I've seen so many clips of it on YouTube and everything else now of just everything from that movie over and over again that I'm sick and tired of hearing about it, and I would rather just watch a failure of a movie that is at least fucking bizarre and is bizarre and knows it's bizarre, then one of these highly polished MCU movies that, again, Deadpool Wolverine was all about the cameos. That's ended up what it was being about the movie. The plot of that movie was threadbar as threadbar as the plot of this movie is. In a lot of ways, that movie was just trying to do something different. This movie's trying to get to a big symbio fight at the end of the movie. That's what this movie's trying to get to. And Deadpool Wolverine is trying to get to a scene where there's a bunch of characters walking on screen that you've never seen before or have seen before, and now they're in the MCU. I'm I would rather watch a movie that just kind of fails spectacularly that a movie that feels like, oh, it's this highly polished product that is fine, But at the end of the day, I go back to this problem that I've had with Star Wars and other Marvel stuff. You guys have how much money?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Can I just got Chris. I'm sorry to jump in, but this movie cost one hundred and twenty fucking million dollars. So it's actually wildly offensive to me because all of the weird choices they're making all feel like they're fucking marketing choices. It all feels like safe things, like audiences like this will do this, and this is weird and this is offbeat, and you know.
Speaker 4: But it all does anymore, right, It all does even I mean, like deadpol Wolverine all feels like safe choices, is my point, Like all of its safe choices now, which is a fucking shame.
Speaker 2: I think Deadpool Wolverine was making better choices than this movie was making more outlandist choices. That movie starts with the lead character using the other characters Spine and Skull to decimate and bludgeon and kill a bunch of characters, like this movie would never do that.
Speaker 4: And that's kind of the high point of that movie.
Speaker 2: No. I I like the you know what, there's a plot going on in that movie, And I liked Wolverine. That was finally good use of them all verse where we took a Wolverine it was total fucking failure and at least gave him a bit of redemption by the end. Like I liked that arc, particularly after the downer of Logan.
Speaker 3: But yeah, for me, well, I like thee jumping on the Deadpool Wolverine a really entertaining piece and it's like a really nice, one shot, forty eight page comic that I would get when I was a kid. It's like, here's this team up and it's gonna be a lot of fun and you're gonna have a really good time when you're gonna really remember Wolverine's costume with the end.
Speaker 4: So probably not for the right reasons.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got the you know, it's a full comic book accurate Wolverine costume, sure does. Yeah, that's about it. Like, that's not think the most memorable thing that he's got. But I still think it was fun. But it's not.
Speaker 4: I think this movie is as fun as that one me personally, I had. I mean, I don't know, Mike, I mean I think you and I are more on the same page with Venom. Did you enjoy this as much as you enjoyed dead Pool Wolverine?
Speaker 1: I think I enjoyed the Pool Wolverine more. But to your point, I think I would rewatch this one sooner than I would did Pull Wolverine, just because I kind of know it, you know, like nothing. Once I learned who the cameos were and saw all of those come to life, it's like, Okay, there are some good moments to it, but not nearly for me as many good moments as this one. I kind of do like the riding of the horse, of course, it reminds me of the riding and the motorcycle from the first one. I like the symbiote fight. I even like the fight on top of the airplane, which was ridiculous. It is interesting. When I was done watching this movie, the overly loud, drunk asshole behind me goes, there's probably five hours worth of this movie on the cutting room floor. We barely saw any of this, and I'm like, what are you talking about. There's nothing that was left on the cutting room floor with us other than maybe they made it change. Because in the trailer, I see to remember debris coming down from space and I guess it's those would you guys call them xenophages, you know? Yeah, So I'm like, oh, okay or yeah, but they showed that, and they show somebody at a teleg well sorry notm geez a telescope looking and I'm like, oh, okay, well that's how they get to Earth. Or maybe this is more symbiotes. I honestly thought it was more symbiotes when I saw the trailer. But okay, there's nothing left on the cutting room floor. Dude, tell me what you think wasn't resolved by this, because other than a little bit more oh, there's black goo remaining at the end there's nothing here that suggests there's a longer movie. For me, I don't know about.
Speaker 2: You, guys. No, I think it should have been much much shorter well, and.
Speaker 4: I think maybe some of that comes from the character of Nol just feeling. If there is an issue that I really have with this movie, for me, it is that character of no being introduced, and it's that feels like the Roman Bridger retcon of this movie, where it's like, there's been this whole thing this whole time, and it's like, come on, I both Scream three makes the joke about the ret con and like going back and ret conning the first two movies, and that is what this movie does with the Null character. It's like there is a bigger threat and the symbiotes aren't the bad guys like oh, oh okay, like way to kind of pull a lot of what made the first two movies interesting was that the symbiotes didn't necessarily, you know, align on the side of these are like broadly good characters. It was you know, carnage you had whoever the guy was, Yeah, and then Toxin in the last one, who also that's my other issue with this movie. What a weird usage of that character given what his given what he is in the comic books, which is talk about a usage of a character that is far from what the character in the comic book is. What coxin in the comic book is essentially just like he's good, that he's venom, who's good from the start. Essentially, it's the same setup of he's a cop, but he's a cop who gets a symbiotetective Mulligan here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, top, top, thank you, thank you, somebody finally explaining what Chris is talking about.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I didn't understand what you were asking, Mike. My bad, Well, my bad, because I realized that they never say the name of the character in the movie. That's the issue, and so same with Agony, the character that Juno Temple ends up the symbiote that she ends up playing. They never say the character's name in the movie either. That's purely from the comic books, that's purely from the separation anxiety storyline.
Speaker 2: The annoying thing about adding Null to this is that, uh, that seems like every character, every conversation is about Null. It's about symbiote explaining this this horrible threat that we never get to fucking deal.
Speaker 4: With that just showed up in this movie. Yeah, and it's like they've known about this this whole time. They even mentioned multiple times he's older than the universe itself, and they haven't mentioned him up into this point. That's fucking lazy. That's a hell of a retcon. And like I said, that, for me, is the biggest failure of this movie is that that is that the movie isn't just the end of the Venom Eddie Brock storyline. This movie, for me, the biggest failure is that it sets up more movies, not that I don't want them, but to your point, Father Malone, and to everyone's point, it doesn't feel like a movie that's self contained, and that for me is kind of the biggest failure of the movie is that it should have just been the Venom story. And to your point before Father Malone about Deadpool making you know, broader choices, I actually disagree. I think Deadpool Wolverine would have been a better movie if Wolverine hadn't been in it, because it would have been a weirder movie because it would have been a Deadpool movie station with.
Speaker 1: That title, it would have been really weird.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I mean that would have been great in and of itself, but if it had just been a Deadpool three, I think it would have been a more interesting movie. And they had to undercut a lot of it for the Wolverine of it all. And I think similarly in this movie, it should have just been a Venom movie with some sort of threat that had been somewhat pre established. They kind of established it at the end of the last movie. Why wasn't it just the Danny Rojas character as the final villain or something to that effect. Instead they had to go and rope Andy Serkis into this. That for me is the biggest failure. And to your point, it's like Antonio said, it's a cut away to something else, like all of a sudden CGI bullshit, and then we're back to read. Well again, there is CGI bullshit with the Venom character, but all of that with Null is taking place where Vecna is in Stranger Things. It's like this fucking other thing that's all CGI. And you have a person standing on a green screen going pretend like you're scared or sit in a chair. And I think it hurts the plot of the movie because it should have just been the culmination of the Eddie Venom story, introducing this new threat that will continue on past this movie. Is like, why even have Venom die if he's just clearly gonna come back? You know, I'm what is this the Walking Dead all of a sudden?
Speaker 3: But I like a point to the point you made about Deadpool Wolverine though, because instead of getting Deadpool invading the Marvel Universe, invading the MCU and barreling his way through Iron Man movies and Captain America movies and it halted movies and just being a nuisance to all the established characters, now we're just barreling through these all these variations of Wolverine. Yeah, you make a very valid point. I can't really disagree with you. Get there.
Speaker 4: It's unfor it's unfortunate, Like it's I'm not saying Deadpool Wolverine's a bad movie. It's a good movie for what they may. Yeah, but it being Deadpool three, they undercut the movie by it being a Wolverine movie, And same with this movie, because we have no I just I was shocked when that ended up being a thing they revealed in one of the late trailers for this movie, because I was like, holy shit, Like, why are they doing this in this movie? This is such a big deal in the comic books. It's like doing Red Skull in the first Captain America movie. What were you thinking? Now, It's like, why are you doing this in the third movie when ostensibly it's supposed to be the end of the trilogy? Unless you're signaling, which they are, there will be more of these movies.
Speaker 1: Well, I've gotten to the point now where I don't trust the mid credits and end credits sequences, just because so many of them have been ignored over the years. And not to say that I'm waiting for Harry Styles to enter the MCU or any of these other bullshit end scenes that they've had over the years.
Speaker 4: But Brett gold speaking of Ted Lasso and Brett Goldstein, But yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree that no, was just really poorly done. And you know you mentioned his face. I didn't see his face. I mean maybe yeah, the very end, yes, But otherwise I'm looking at the guy's hairline and I'm just like, what is this guy's problem? Does he emit sound from the center of his forehead? How does this work? But yeah, that was I agree that that was not a wise choice to have that as the big bad. Have somebody else trying to hunt Venom or something. Maybe even the guy from the first movie comes back and does something. And to your point about Deadpool and Wolverine, I mean, at least Vanessa shows up for a few minutes. They don't friger like they did in the second film. But my god, the it was always so amazing to see the caliber of actors in these Venom films, and this one is no exception. I love all the actors that we've mentioned so far. But even in you know, the previous films, having Michelle Williams as Eddie's girlfriend, it's like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: How are you doing? You're like us?
Speaker 4: She be him at one point too.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is but man, when women start wearing these symbio skins, yeah look out, I'm I got to cover my lap, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I agree with you guys as far as like the end of a trilogy, This is a terrible way to end to trilogy, as was the Deadpool way to end a trilogy. If you want to end a series of films and set up a bunch of other stuff, Marvel already did that with Captain America's Civil War, because that tells that completes his story with Bucky, which is the sort of thrust of that entire series. And it's a completely self contained story. And at the end of it, the shield is fucking smashed to pieces, and there's places to go. There's a million threads that can be drawn from it. So you know, don't fuck about when you're going to do the third movie.
Speaker 4: I wonder though, and here's something that maybe we should ask ourselves in twenty twenty four. Do trilogy rules apply anymore? Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Because if you're going to make three movies, then yes they do.
Speaker 4: No, But I'm asking a different question. If we're going to make three movies, does that necessarily mean we don't make a fourth at this day and age, That's what I'm asking. Twenty thirty years ago, Yeah, Indiana Jones three, that's it. We got three movies, a trilogy of films. Alien had a quadrilogy. But my pointing, like I'm wondering if this is just the way that we think about movies needs to somewhat shift based on the MCU because of the way the MCU has been doing storytelling because everything is kind of interconnected, there isn't at least with the best of the MCU stuff. And look, I'm going to have a hot take here, and I don't really care if people disagree. I think the mc you should have ended at Endgame because a lot of the stuff since has been you said, diminishing returns. Father Malone has.
Speaker 2: No no diminishing returns. Is this movie, buddy, not them?
Speaker 4: But when we have things like the Eternals.
Speaker 2: Or yeah that was bad, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or Love and Thunder, Yeah, Quantum Mainia, I know, but I know, Father Malone, you enjoy Quantum Mania for kind of how weird it is, and I think Quantumnia is interesting for how weird it is. But I think for the MCU, they haven't really made a case for me why they didn't. Let me put it this way, it's not a hot take, I get it for me. They haven't made a case as to why they continued past endgame because the multiverse stuff has been so muddled and directionless, and because of the Jonathan Majors of it all, Unfortunately, they've had to really hardcore pick on everything and now we're seeing, like, oh, Robert Towny Junior is doctor doom and all that, and that's fine, but for me, the MCU after Endgame has done very little to justify, Like why they didn't just kind of stop and reset? Again, I know they wouldn't, because again, that's not something you do in movies as much as comic books.
Speaker 2: Saturday Our Lives should have ended in nineteen eighty half Michael's in your vision cast of Saturday Night Dead. Oh lord, what do you want me to say?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Like, no, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: But they've had thirty.
Speaker 2: Movies and last seven have been bad.
Speaker 4: That's almost a third. I mean, that's a lot. That is a lot good and they're bad.
Speaker 2: Movies are fucking twenty times better than this movie, you know what?
Speaker 4: Anybod I don't know if I agree with that?
Speaker 2: Was? Okay, fine, put any of the Marvel movies against any of the Sony movies since they've been doing their bullshit like.
Speaker 4: What's the worst to see you? What's the worst MCU movie by your approximation?
Speaker 2: Fucking Love and Thunder movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, first off, I'd like to point out that is a post end game movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, right, right, right, right?
Speaker 4: But I think okay, so let me ask a different question. What's the worst MCU movie per your approximation.
Speaker 2: Pre Endgame Dark World?
Speaker 4: This movie is worse than Thor Dark World.
Speaker 2: This movie is worse than Thor Dark World. Yes, Thor was fucking committed to its story. You know what. It might be clumsy, it might be u you know, like a little bit long winded and a little bit muddled in its direction at times. But I never felt like, what the fuck is going on here? Why is Andy Brock standing behind the bar fucking making a tequila with fucking tentacles right now? Well, what's his name? Just sucking stands are going with? Oh are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Well, that's because again I think it goes back to the idea that I'm convinced this entire movie is just what would be funny to see Venom do? That's all this? Like I said, it feels like a very vignette sitcom movie.
Speaker 2: Right, and I feel about it like I feel like escaped from La where they were, Like, wouldn't it be funny if we degrade Snake Bliskin in this way? Let's tie him to way to a treadmill, won't that be hilarious? No?
Speaker 4: Well, and again I understand I understand and completely agree with you feeling that way again. I think that the just you know again, Mike and I clearly are enjoying that a little bit more. But I can understand because this movie is not necessarily making itself easy to like, because it is kind of all over the place. It really is like it's again when you have a Venom movie where people are being chewed up and spit out, but at the same time we have Venom, you know, joking and laughing but then biting people's heads off. The movie doesn't I don't think these movies have ever really known what they want to be. But I also think that that may be some of that is just the Tom Hardy of it all, because he's such to everyone's point. He's such a specific actor whose presence is so kind of his own thing. I kind of just almost chalk this up to this is just a Tom Hardy movie too. Ultimately, imagine, would these movies be this way if Tom Hardy wasn't Venom. No, I don't think they would. They might be a little bit closer to the way the character was in the comic books, because even Morbius is closer to the comic book version of Morbius than Venom is to the Venom version to the Venom in the comic books. Even Madam Web in a lot of ways is closer than Venom ever gets in the movies to the comic book version.
Speaker 3: Movies really only work when the monster's on, when Venom's tom screen, because the character as the floating head or as the creature, that character is fully realized and is funny. It's not the Venom, it's not my venom iningus the way to put what I grew up in the comic but the character on screen really works. I almost wish these weren't related to the Spider Man comics that grew up with. Yeah, and I could probably enjoy it more.
Speaker 4: You know what, This almost feels like these could have and should have been an adaptation of the Darkness comic book, because that is almost the way that these characters, the Venom character is treated, because in those comic books, it's like the Crow, this mobster dies and then he's brought back to life by this kind of spirit that bonds himself to him, and then he comes back to life and he wanders New York getting revenge on the people that killed him and his girlfriend, but he has this like tenderly spirit that comes out of him that eats people's hands and he can use it to slash their throats and stuff. There were two fantastic Xbox three sixty games that you could play that had the darkness. I believe the lead singer of Faith No More actually voiced the.
Speaker 3: Ie G hit game. Yeah, but hit the little guys they would shoot out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But that's what this reminds me more of than anything else. And again that's not Venom. But at the same time, if you want to do this, there is already somewhat of a precedent in another comic book for having this, because that's what the externalized head talking to him reminded me of. Because in that comic book, the tendrils kind of come out of him and they kind of talk to him, and they have that same thing here. And it's weird because it's such a specific thing from something else that is kind of ripping off Venom. It's like it's very much just another Venom sque character. I believe that's I don't know what imprint that is. It's on DC or Marvel, it might be dark Horse even, but that's actually more, what this reminds me of.
Speaker 2: This entire series of movies feels like they when they started, they were like, what do fans want from Venom? They want him chomping people's head It's off, And then the rest of the movie is crafted to allow that to happen, so it becomes a wacky comedy. The scene where he chomps four guys heads off in this movie is precipitated by him and Venom trying to say we are Venom and Unison, ha ha, and then which they did in.
Speaker 1: The first movie with no problem.
Speaker 2: So right years ago.
Speaker 1: They did that in the first movie. Yesterday, when I was rewatching, I was like, why do they forget how to do that over the time? So, because it's not that much time has passed since the first movie according to this.
Speaker 4: Universe the trailer, maybe that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, so I've got two questions. One is having not been to Vegas in several years, and hopefully I will see you in a couple weeks there fa them alone when I head out there. But do they do fireworks displays and fireworks just showing up out of nowhere? Like all the.
Speaker 2: Time on weekends there are fireworks.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I was very curious about that.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what this movie, the first movie took place in, like what twenty eighteen. I think is that when it came out and they say that two years have passed right right, there was no sphere in Las Vegas in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: So they should have painted that out. Then I got probably and there's a big it looks like a ferris wheel there too.
Speaker 2: That was here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't haven't been out there since I think twenty eleven. So anyway. The other thing is do you think that the guy who's sitting next to Tom Hardy when he's pulling the slot machine handle, do you think he's supposed to look like Martin scorsays? He had a real quick glance because every single time I saw him in the trailer, I was just like, is that supposed to be Martin Scuss?
Speaker 2: I don't know that he was Martin Scarsees. And so he reminded me of the guy in casino, the one that Ginger tries to scam. Who is a guy I used to see in casinos all the time, and if you said anything to him, you said hi, go, he would always say thank you so thank you.
Speaker 3: I think you can affirm this because I had a similar experience with that guy. He worked in the Forum, I believe in a fancy then suit store, like.
Speaker 4: Is he Jeremy Piven? A little rush Our too comedy for you? You guys remember Jeremy Piven's heavily gay coded character from Rush Hower two ohs coded coded.
Speaker 3: That's a deep cut. But yeah, that dude's a Vegas local. I guess he was a local actor. That's just claim to fame.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to deal with that character in the casino is, but yeah, what a odd choice to have, just like this guy might they might as well have had an Elvis impersonator sitting at a slot machine next to him, like.
Speaker 2: They should have. And by the way, that's another thing that the bunks me and movies where characters can move faster than you know, normal human speed and they're operating machines, the machines can't like they did this, and when they introduced Quicksilver in Days of Future Pass, like at one point he's playing pong and he's playing pong at like lightning speed, but like the machine wouldn't be going at lightning speed like the same with the slot machine, like bang on it all you want, that's just going to fucking tilt the thing and have security throw you out.
Speaker 3: So the day that I did background on it, I think, or a couple of days they did on it. The dress was, you know, maybe flashy. You know you heard Vegas, but they had a specific call for like drag queens, Elvis guys, jugglers, anything that really stands out. Nuns and if you're watching the movie you can kind of see them kind of in the background peppered in there, but they're They had very specific calls for very generic Las Vegas stylele folks for it.
Speaker 4: So jugglers, but not crusty jugglers.
Speaker 3: That crusty juggler. Rusty crusty chuggers.
Speaker 4: That's all I can think of.
Speaker 3: We were on a very unexciting part of them. Then there's like in a parking, like you turn into the parking at the Paris. It wasn't super exciting where they were, So make it entertaining.
Speaker 1: What else do we want to talk about? Venom Free The craft service was very good though, had a nice Yes, I saw somebody losing their ship online and I'm so glad somebody screen grabbed this. They were very mad about the poster because the posters woke because it says till death do they part.
Speaker 4: Fosters?
Speaker 2: Yep, it can't approve of Venom's pronoun usage.
Speaker 1: No, no, Well, until we come back and talk about another new movie, which I don't think we have any picked out yet, and there's nothing really that's exciting me about the rest of the year. We'll have to decide that off air. But until we come back and do that, I want to thank this week's guests and co hosts here. So Antonio, when you're not doing this, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am an indie movie director. On my movie Space Detective came out a few years ago. It's a weird psychedelic live action animation hybrid is a trip and I have a few shorts that now. And you shore at Living ben As playing film festivals and Goodlan the forty eight hour film. That's a little next weekend, but you can check us out at Swampmedia Group in at Swap Media Group on Instagram.
Speaker 1: How about you.
Speaker 2: Father them alone champ in at Weirdingwaymedia dot com. My podcast Midnight Viewing twice a week. We do horror anthologies we do regular anthologies, we do bonus episodes, we do a whole lot. Go go check that out. Oh and check out I'm a co host with HP's show Night mister Walters the Taxi Podcast. Check that one out as well.
Speaker 1: And Chris, how about yourself?
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, I'm just keeping up with all the other audio things that I do over Weirdingwaymedia dot com, where this show and all the other things I work on can be found. Been doing the Culture Cast for a decade now, that's a long time. So yeah, that's where you can find all the stuff that I work on. What about you, Mike Waite?
Speaker 1: Well as for me, everything that I do is available at Weirdingwaymedia dot com. So if you want to hear me shooting off my mouth over there, please do other than the one show that Chris and I do that is only available via our patreons, which is the ranking on Bond podcast. And we recently had Father Malone in there to talk about live No talk about yeah. Yeah, I was like, that's the wrong song.
Speaker 4: No, No, is it mad to you? Baby? The job to do? Yeah, got to do it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul mccartny, he knows his reggae. You got to give the yeap reggae, keep the reggae away from that Paul McCarty.
Speaker 1: So yeah, folks, head on over to Weirdingwait, meetday dot com. We can hear all kinds of crazy stuff. Thank you so much for listening to us, and we'll catch on the flip side.
Speaker 3: Samsstas spent si