Speaker 1: Seven oh six, I think about krc DE talk station kind a very happy Wednesday. So you have been looking forward to this time, this time of the morning since I got here this morning and found out I'd be speaking with head of the Hamlin counter or I did it again, head of the Ohio Republican Party, Alex Shroud to FeelA formerly head of the Hemlin kind of Republican Party, Alex t Welcome back in a very happy new year to you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Well to you too as well. Brian. It's good to be with you, and it's a little chilling out there this morning, but I'm really glad to be with you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're here, and there just seems to be I don't know, I feel it. Maybe it's just because I was happy that of course Kamala Harris isn't going to be inaugurated on on Monday anyway, but a general feeling or an air of positivity, enthusiasm, and they can even use the h word hope in the air now that we've got Donald Trump getting ready to be sworn in, no.
Speaker 2: Question about it, and you're actually seeing it in some of the polling, I mean, the right track wrong track number which you know what that means is posters for a long time, they've pulled the question. For the Americans. You feel like the country is on the right track or the wrong track. And you know that right track number has improved already. And you know, Donald Trump hasn't even taken the oath of office. But you know it's because Americans want to tackle the issues on the southern border. They want to see a surviving economy at lowest prices, lifts wages. You know, people remember that President Trump's first term was a successful term for the American people. And again I've said this a million times on your show and others. Donald Trump is an unconventional politician, but that's what America wants right now. They want to change agent. They want things to be better for the middle class, better for working people. So I think there's a definitely an optimism a hope for America, and you know, I know I share it. I'm actually hopping up the rushan DC today till I don't be back in Ohio until we have President Trump back in office. So it's it's an exciting time and there's definitely optimism and hope out there.
Speaker 1: Brian Well, and you know what, what's sort of surprising and maybe not, but when you see Zuckerberg and others in these you know four I will say, formerly sort of woke companies completely completely shifting and and you know, getting rid of de EI for example. And that's a growing phenomenon. So more and more companies every day are throwing out the whole concept of DEI and and investment strategies that focus on you know, green and things like that, obviously bad for investment, but that now they I guess, feel relief enough that they can come out and go in a polar opposite direction. I guess they really weren't weed to those principles, and because they're not willing to stick with them, I don't think it's fear of Donald Trump's retaliation and wanting to cowtow and kiss the ring, as the case may be, more so than they really didn't maybe believe them in the first place.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly right. What we know about American capitalism is that we have built we've built the country Brian on the concept of exceptionalism. And you know, the reason people have flocked the United States, the reason my you know, my parents, my mom, others came to the United States, is they knew that this was a place if you worked hard and you were excellent and you tried to do good things, and again you played by the rules that you could succeed and do well and it didn't matter your ethnicity, etc. And that's and right now, what happened to the American left is they left behind American exceptionalism and they said, you know, we're going to start worshiping a new god of diversity, and that's not working and hasn't worked in American companies. Successful American companies know that to survive and to build great companies that create great jobs for the American people, you've got to really focus on exceptionalism and having the best people. And I don't care what race they are. We shouldn't care. That shouldn't be the vision for America. So eliminating some of these DEI initiatives and some of these equitable kind of measures that have been put into corporate America I think are natural place, frankly for a lot of these companies to be because they know that to build great companies you can't just make decisions we are based on things like race. I mean, we've a long time said, let's judge people on their character, let's not judge them based on other things. And if we do that, we're gonna have great companies. And by the way, Brian, we're going to have people who are diverse within the companies because there are great people of every race, every ethnicity, uh, you know, every any, every kind of group. And if we just say let's put the best in the brightest in place, and let's not worry about some of these other things, America is going to improve, and it's going to improve companies in this country. It's going to improve job creation. So you know, again, I think the companies being there, you get it, you nailed it, and that is that companies are this is kind of a natural place for them to be, and that it's just get back to building great companies and don't worry about social experiments within you know, within your corporate structure.
Speaker 1: Well, in this whole, the DEI and other far love sort of woke policies came from a slice. I don't know how big this segment was, but the loudest squeaking wheels within the Democrat Party and stifling at least I perceive that there are I mean, there are some decent moderate Democrats out there, but their voices were stifled by this and they, you know, basically just collapsed and gave into all this woke ideology. And that serves as a springboard for my question to you, do you think that those more moderate voices will re emerge and that some logic and reason will come back to the Democrats and that they won't pose, you know, just a stifling opposition to every proposal that comes out of the Republican side in terms of legislation.
Speaker 2: Well, the answer it was ay better. I mean, they you know, they took a beating in this election, and they deserve to. And again I said this. I've said this for two years. You know, I've been the Ohio GOP leader and I've said it, and I sometimes I see the mainstream press is wow, you know, he's spinning. But the Democratic Party, Brian left, the mainstream of American politics. The extremists in America are in Democratic Party. That's where the extremists are. The mainstream of America is in the center right. And you know they love to talk about far right extremists, and you know, the media as corrupted. They've become their hatred of Donald Trump has really destroyed so much of the mainstream breast, But they won't actually call out Democrats for their extreme policies. Not having a secure southern border and allowing literally millions, tens of millions of non Americans to just flow into the country is extreme, right. I mean, we don't have a country if we don't have borders. No other country in the world allows just a total free flow of non citizens. And you know, look, you know, I'm a child of immigrants. We love immigrants. My family took in Greek immigrants my whole life and have been helpful, and I love immigrants, like President Trump has married two immigrants. So it's not like we're anti immigration. But this idea that you just have us poorous southern border and allow anybody to enter the country, Brian, that's an extreme idea. And for three years, Joe Biden and his borders are Kamala Harris embraced this idea that we were at a southern border, and the American people just woke up one day and said, we don't have a country left anymore. So those kind of things are extreme. And so again your question is will they tack back to the center if they want to win elections. I mean again, I you know, one of the things I love about being Ohio is it's pretty red. Now you go to you know, eighty two of the eighty eight counties and it's pretty strongly Republican. And Democrats just simply don't compete in Ohio. They don't complete in any of the rural communities. They don't compete in part of those rust belt towns. And I don't love that phrase, but you know, I spent a lot of time in live in Ohio. You know, brian Place is like Youngstown that used to be strongly Democrats. There's strongly Republican nows. They're looking at Democrats and say, you're not about helping me keep a job. You're not helping about you're not about helping the middle class. So you know, they've left that mainstream of American politics. And if they don't sort that out, you know it's going to be to my benefit because my job is the elect Republican, something we did very well in twenty twenty four. Y're in Ohio, so you know, we're you know, part of me, you know, fine with where they are, but look, we're have a world best conversation in America about the future. It's not bad to have a party in opposition, and you know, I hope the Democrats start to kind of return to the American dream, and that is supporting middle class people, supporting job creators, you know, respecting the rule of law, creating a southern border, you know, patriotism, all those things.
Speaker 1: Well, and one observation before we end up taking a break here to get to other topics, and I hope I can hold you over for another segment, if that's okay with you. Of course, Yes, the announcements from the FBI and DOJ about the threats, the domestic threats we have here. Obviously the security of our country. You know, we have to supposed to be protecting our country from threats both you know, internal and domestic and external. But that open border and the people that have been identified and quote unquote caught or as many of the case may be in released, I mean Chinese military, aged men, members of terrorist groups, folks from countries that have been identified as harbors and and and supporters of terrorism. I mean we have we have allowed and the Biden administration has permitted a dangerous, dangerous maybe you know, bubbling behind the scene threat to the American people. That's that's another component of this open borders thing. I mean, you can be as you know, open minded as you want about the general concept, but when you get to a person by person analysis, I mean, I'm I'm very concerned about something along those lines. You know that's just festering behind the.
Speaker 2: Scenes, well as am I and I And that's I think the first job of this government is going to be with Tom Homan, who's the you know, the new borders of are, so to speak, the Homeland Security guy is going to do is try to identify the criminals who are amongst us, who are not United States citizens, who came here illegally, and can deport them first and foremost. But no, look, I think what your your concern is a very real one, and it's a it's a bumbo. I pray for the country, yes, that we never pay a serious price in this regard, but you know, I'm worried about I think Americans all right to worry that. And look, it'll be unfortunately a part of the very negative legacy left by Joe Biden, Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be unleashed during the Trump administration is what my fear is. You know, they're holding their their keeping their powder dry, and they want to put just like when the Antifa folks emerge and the cities were taken over and there were protests with Black Lives Matter in the streets over almost literally everything that any police officer ever did that was designed to be a thorn in the side of the Trump administration. And I think that's the The more larger threat is some terrorism that might go on or some attacks within the United States by the by the throngs that were allowed in our country unvetted. Let's pause, We'll bring Alex Chrantafilo back after I mentioned foreign exchange. Best place to get your car service foreign exchange if it is a traditional domestic import or a domestic manufactured, imported traditionally imported our import car. You know, like they make Toyotas in Kentucky. I know that, but that's still considered a foreign car. Foreign exchange the place to go whether your cars from a traditional Asian or European manufacturer or Tesla. They're authorized to do teslas now and they have been trained to service teslas. So one stop shop and you'll save money. That is the ultimate bottom line. Your bottom line is the bottom line, as I always like to say about Foreign Exchange a se certified Master technician fixing your car. You get a full warranty on both parts and service. You just don't pay as much as you would pay at the dealer. Had that experience earlier in the week with the Honda. It's been successfully repaired and of course one hundred and fifty thousand mile maintenance. Great folks at Foreign Exchange or treat you like family if you get along with your family. That is west Chester Locations the one I'm recommending. Take the tillers of their legs. It off of seventy five, go east two streets to hang a right on Kingland Drive and you'll run right into it. Tell Austin and the crew. Brian said, hi, when you stop in and when you call for the appointment five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online Foreign xfor in the letter X dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five KRC dot com attention near run these sufferers. Amazing research has now shown that neuropid these symptoms can be reversed. One patient, Andrew had.
Speaker 1: John and I Weather forecast says we've got a sunny downer hands today though Cole I have twenty one down to twelve overnight with some florries possible. Got a cloudy day tomorrow with isolated morning flurries and maybe some snow in the afternoon. Thirty three for the high, down to twenty three overnight with a few flurries possible. A dry Friday thirty nine to high with rain overnight. In this Saturday one degree right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 4: Chucks from the UCAL Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down. The u see Health orthopedics and supports medicine experience can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at you seehealth dot com. West Bend two seventy five continues to run close to an extra forty five minutes between the Reagan Highway and seventy four thanks to an accident that has the left lanes bocked off single file to get by on the right now a wreck on southbound seventy five s ramp. To share it, Chuck Ingram on the talk station.
Speaker 1: If you have KERC the talk station. He's head of the High Republican Party he is Alex Tranpafilo, on his way to Washington, d C. To do the inauguration thing. I guess you got a lot of activities on your play for the inauguration, Alex.
Speaker 2: Well, we wrote to Brian and you know, the Ohio GOP is leading a bunch of events. We've got over twelve hundred Ohio and is expected at Ohio Ball on Sunday night. Now I'm leaving today. I've got a Republican National Committee meeting that starts actually today. I'm going in a little late, but yeah, so we've got a huge contingent obviously celebrating the significance here of one of our very own from Cincinnati, Ohio. Here really lives in Cincinnati, the next Vice President of the United States, Brian lives right here and is one of us in Cincinnati and Greater Cincinnati. And it's it's wonderful. Vice President Advance is the future of the Republican Party. I'm honored to know him. I've known him since before he was ever elected to office. You know, we're very excited. That's probably the understatement of the day. I I just couldn't be more happy about uh about traveling here to see my friend JD. Vance become Vice President of the United States and uh, and you know, just to celebrate this moment. So yeah, we're all getting ready, and there's a whole bunch of folks probably some of them listening, that are coming uh to Washington over the weekend where we're going to have celebrate Centator Bernie Marino's victory, celebrate uh, you know, just our Republican victories up and down the ballot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ohio's presence is really dramatically improved. So hopefully little in your to our benefit A little bit along those lines. Speaking of JD. Vance, and I'm glad you brought him up. And you know, he's impressive. You know, when people interview him, when he gets you know, pointed questions asked of him, he's really a quick thinker and quick on his feet and has very coherent, logical and reasonable responses. So that's impressive in and of itself. But who's going to be his replacement?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know the answer. I don't know the answer to that. We may find out today, Brian, but I am not proving of that information. This is the governor's call, and you know, I haven't spoken to the governor more than a week, and uh, we're all anxious to see. I know the rumor mill is an overdrive, but you'll never know. I mean, this is ultimately the governor's call, and you know, hopefully it happens here quickly. We've got to get another senator up there. But I know, you know, and of the governors on the job. And I know for a fact that governor has talked to a lot of different Ohiolands about this. And the one thing about the governor is he does is due diligence. He's been the United States Senator himself. You know, he's into his second term as our governor here, so he will work on that process. And uh, and I'm told, I'm told we should know soon. So I don't. I don't know anything just to report to.
Speaker 1: You yet, Brian, John Houston, anybody that's the answer to the question, I think.
Speaker 2: Well, that's you're certainly have to have your rumor. And I'm reading the same priss clipping as everybody else is. And uh, and you know, again, these are people I know well, and you know I looked at the Governor's a lot of great choices. John houstaid, it's very smart. Uh, he's focused, really, Brian, on economic development. I what I would say about about the Lieutenant governor, and youably have had him on your show. But if you ever want to really get a lesson on how to develop companies, you know, public private partnerships, to make sure that we have a government that stays out of the way of business but also creates an environment for business as a thrive. I've never heard anybody better on the topic. I fundamentally mean that I've watched I've been dazzled, frankly by John Housted's knowledge of economic development. He didn't do it for more than thirty years. It's one of those underreported things. I know, Brian, you you like me, care a lot about sort of policy, and I think if you ever have him on, ask him just about his vision for economic development and the world that government limited role government can play and he's brilliant. Again, But there are lots of people that are interested in this thing. Jane Timkins a great friend of mine, you know, Frank LeRose is terrific. I move got some really good people so well.
Speaker 1: If I was a betting man, that's all I'd say. Eddie, Alex, I tell you I wish you and I know my listeners do issue. You know, Safe travels, best luck. I hope it's everything goes along smoothly and without incident underline, and we'll hit the ground running after swearing, and I understand that they soon to be President Trump again. We'll have a stack of executive orders to start signing almost instantaneously.
Speaker 2: This guy is tireless, President Trump. Everybody knows that this guy works seven days a week. It's it is no joke. We are trading out, you know, Joe Biden for a super high energy person. And I know people like to talk about his age. It's not fair to they do it in response to the serious criticism that Joe Biden deserved President Trumps on his A game. I have talked to the man. I can tell you that this man is on top of it politically, from a policy perspective, internationally. So we're going to have a high energy presidency. You're going to seek it off to a big start here.
Speaker 1: Alex Chanzfila, thank you for your time speaking with my listeners of me today and again, Safe travels to d C. I'll look forward to talking with you again, hopefully multiple times throughout the year.
Speaker 2: I look forward to us well, Brian, have a great day.
Speaker 1: You two brother seven twenty six fifty five care see the talk station, a phone call or a out and outreach you need to engage in. That is getting in touch with cover Sensy. You want cheaper medical insurance, but better medical insurance. You want to save thirty to six percent on what you're paying right now, but also get dollar one coverage. That's what John and his team that covers since You do for people and small groups every single day. And they pride themselves on being experts in healthcare and not just health insurance. And he works with hundreds of insurance companies and thousands of healthcare plans, allowing him and his team to customize a plan that best fits your needs. He's a medical insurance broker. He works for you when you give him information about your current situation, which you need to do. He's not going to sell to anybody. He's bound by hippop guidelines, not till he disclose anything. But bottom line is go to the cover Sincey website, which is coversince he dot com. Fill out the form as complete as you can and find out what they can do for you imagine better medical insurance coverage saving you money at the same time. It sounds in pop gossible, but trust me, they do it every day. And on top of that, once you're working with cover Sincy and this does not cost you anything, you get the benefit of John and his team going forward. So if, for example, a claim gets denied, you know you're gonna be on the phone call with the insurance company. No one phone call to John and his team. They will resolve it for you. It's usually because of the somebody's misfiled the claim, but they'll figure it out for you. This will save you all kinds of time and effort because you know things happen when in terms of claims processing. Let John and the team cover it for you, and they do. And they can also find out where you can get great medical providers for less money and this works out to your advantage as well. So you get all these services that no cost to you and nor does it cost you anything to get in touch with them and find out. So make the call five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five online again Coversinc.
Speaker 3: Dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station as the Wildfires continue to impact