Speaker 1: Get Ready, Get Ready, twenty sixth day of September twenty twenty five, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the place where we don't have escalators or teleprompters that fail anyway.
Speaker 3: It is what it is. It was what it was, but it is Friday.
Speaker 2: And that means you can call in and join us for this discussion. And that's a three one nine five two seven five zero one six three one nine five two seven five zero one six. And I have an interesting proposition to get to at some point in the show, if you guys don't keep us busy, for sure, regarding how to use an AI tool, and it is. It's kind of fascinating because I started to try and figure out stuff I was doing wrong. And I've been working on a bunch of things that I've been doing wrong because the audience is shrinking and shrinking fast, and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing that's different, not much.
Speaker 3: I think you guys are changing, not me, but maybe it's me.
Speaker 2: So I go back and I use the transcripts to go look over stuff.
Speaker 3: And I had.
Speaker 2: Occasion to reuse the transcripts and everything else anyway, it might be boring, but it might not be depends on who you are, I guess. Anyways, it is what it is. Like I said, I could report stuff about my week, but do you want to hear how I barely kept you know, things going?
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear how?
Speaker 2: I think I've got seven dollars worth of credit left on my electric bill?
Speaker 3: Anything else? Why? Why bother?
Speaker 2: I was able to pay the phone bill bill about two weeks late, but I paid it and they kept it on. So I got to say something for free conference call, you pay for extra services with them, and then we can actually have the phone lines function. They're pretty patient. They don't cut you right off as soon as you bounce a payment. So we're gonna stick with.
Speaker 3: Them as long as I can use their app and.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it still functions right, because God knows, technology seems to be very temperamental lately. But as long as they function for our phone line, we'll keep the phone line. It's the cheapest way to go. And uh, it does work, or it has been working. And that's that three one nine number three one nine five two seven five zero one six and you pay them for a stable number number one and also a number where you don't have to use a pin to get in, which you know, I don't want to ask you guys to dial a seven digit pin to call in, So that accustomized greeting and all that stuff. And it's actually not bad to just have that little feature. But sometimes I'm bouncing the payment because I A don't have PayPal anymore, and B I didn't have any sort of cards at all, because why would I bother until recently. So yeah, it's been hard to pay for this thing. Plus every day I'm using every dollar we get in. So it is what it is, and I appreciate you guys who have been able to let me pay it and keep going.
Speaker 3: Just want you to know.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we'll put that aside and we might expand calls. By the way, I'd like to see more calls. I'd like to see more people and more ideas and more things shared one way or another on here, even if we just wind up telling common stories from our lives. But anyway, join us by doing this. Dial three one nine five two seven five zero one six and again if you're hearing me, about nine minutes now after eight pm Eastern on Friday, the twenty sixth of September. If that's what time you're hearing me, then we're live. Otherwise it's a replay, as have been many things this week.
Speaker 3: I forget what I did this week. Actually, I think I did two news shows or three news shows and Larry Hancock. But you know, you never know what next week might have on it.
Speaker 2: I might bring back David Bato, who is pretty good at zeroing right on in at the well and kind of taking a shot at one of those liberal icons in presidential history, and I like it, so.
Speaker 3: We might have to do that. And he was a professor at the University.
Speaker 2: Of Alabama, or wait a minute, you know what, I don't want to say exactly which university he was the professor at, but he was a history professor there. Anyway, him and his wife were both professors. I don't want to mix things up, so maybe we'll wait until I can get Professor Beto back on. But he also authored that book on TRM Howard, which I recommended and did a couple of shows on a few years back. But he's got a recent paper out there. I think it's a paper anyway on because digitally it's hard to tell the difference between a book and a paper, but on FDR, where we might go through that and talk about the reality there anyways, Who knows, Maybe nobody wants to hear history anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I give up figuring that out because, like I said, incredible shrinking audience.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, enough out of me, be Pete. How was your week?
Speaker 4: Oh? God, it was hexic.
Speaker 5: Another week out there beating a brush with a bush axe, which you now know what it is because I sent you a photo.
Speaker 3: Yes you did.
Speaker 4: But other than that, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just been one of those weird weeks where we started out nice weather wise, then it got hot again.
Speaker 4: Hell, we were back up in the mid nineties the other day, and we're getting ready to have a bunch of thunderstorms roll through.
Speaker 5: Oh and we've got what to one hurricane and a tropical depression that the think's going to turn into a hurricane is getting ready to come up the coast. So next week we might be under six inches of water. Who knows.
Speaker 3: I had the weirdest day. But I also have a question, since.
Speaker 2: You it up, and I figure you know better than me, and I'll tell you about my level of awareness of the outside world is shrinking as well.
Speaker 3: Is this the hurricane season in the South.
Speaker 5: Because yeah, yeah, the Atlantic hurricane season goes to the end of November, and we have even had storms. I don't know if they became named. I think they were tropical. No, I think we did have named storms even after November thirtieth, a couple of years ago they went overseason.
Speaker 2: You know what messes me up is that in Jersey, like growing up there, we have the same kind of storm season because obviously we're all along the Atlantic, and not everything hits equally along the Atlantic. Right, just because the storm hits Florida doesn't mean we're ever going to see it in New Jersey or New York. But we used to get part of our storm season was divided because it would snow instead of raining, right, so we'd get a blizzard, which you didn't think of the same way as a hurricane, but a crazy blizzard like high winds and all that and getting white out conditions.
Speaker 3: Now down south, you know, like I've.
Speaker 2: Always joked about that snow apocalypse that took place in Atlanta, Georgia, where people were freaked out because there was like a quarter inch of ice on a highway in Atlanta and that like literally stopped hundreds of cars all along the highway.
Speaker 3: They couldn't even move.
Speaker 2: I found that totally bizarre and like it was another planet because of those snowstorms up there. I mean, I've known people that have been like, I don't care. I'm going to get my bottle la booze in any it doesn't matter if it's white out conditions, I'll drive slow. The cargets blown down the street, you know what I mean, the cargets blown down the street in Jersey, they don't care.
Speaker 3: Okay, they do it anyway.
Speaker 2: We bang into each other during this and go damn, that's gonna suck them the snow goes away, because then we're gonna actually see the damage on the car.
Speaker 3: I mean. But so, I think that's why.
Speaker 2: I have a hard time wrapping my mind around this long storm season, because it's more rain here, right, I mean, so because you don't get snow, really you're go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's more rain because of the tempts.
Speaker 5: But I'll tell you, some of the worst snowstorms we've ever had are like in March and April. I remember one one of the biggest snows we had was right after I graduated high school.
Speaker 4: And what happens.
Speaker 5: You get a low pressure system comes out of Texas and comes across Louisiana or the Gulf, and as soon as it hits Florida, you know, it makes the turn, starts coming up the coast and it's just offshore. It's what they call up north and northeaster because that's where your winds are coming in from and if you've got cold temperatures in place, we've had as much as foot and a half two foot of snow out of it, or just because it comes up the coast just starts dumping. Now you go an hour west of here, nothing they're not even getting rain, but we're getting dumped on. I've seen, you know, morehead is down at the beach and I've seen storms hit down there thirteen fourteen inches of snow and not get anything inland. So it's kind of weird in the wintertime. But we've actually had a lot of storms in November. September is the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season. So once you get through September, things should start calming down. But you know, you mentioned going to the store, that big snowstorm that hit right after I got out of high school. We stopped at one of the only convenience stores open because there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground. We go in and buy wine, and the guy that bought the wine bought matose and we get out of the store and I said, okay, dude, now, what are you going to do?
Speaker 4: We don't have a corkscrew. Matoose was not a screw top line.
Speaker 5: So we were walking back to his place about a mile away, and we hear a noise behind it, and here comes this bookswagon beetle sideways down the road in the snow, and sure enough, a friend of.
Speaker 4: Mine pulls up from high school.
Speaker 5: Him and his buddy are out right around getting stowed and enjoyed the snow.
Speaker 4: And I asked, if you got a have you kint a corkscrew?
Speaker 5: He says, as a matter of fact, and he bangs on the dash and the glove box pops open and he hands us a fucking corkscrew.
Speaker 4: It was perfect time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then we can drink our wine in the blizzard all the way back to the house.
Speaker 2: All right, But just for comparisons sake, right, these Nor'easterns they happen up there every year, right and several times sometimes. Matter of fact, right after Hurricane Sandy, right the superstorm that like collided and crushed I mean seriously, like I was in the area that was, like, there is no power in this part of the state.
Speaker 4: There was no waters like at of snow. Within days or something after it.
Speaker 2: What happened is literally like the day after almost that they actually restored power, okay after because.
Speaker 3: It was out for three weeks.
Speaker 2: I know, people don't, you know, think of it that way up in the northeast or whatever, but trust me, no power three weeks, okay, And you know, like you couldn't use the water because the water, you know, the filtration plan or whatever that's down, So you can't use the water.
Speaker 3: You gotta go find bottled water.
Speaker 2: Nobody can even get out of town because there's not gas left over that you can get to and none of the gas stations have crank pumps anymore.
Speaker 3: So guess what stuck okay.
Speaker 2: And so only people that decide to come in and have enough gas to get back out can do it. So it was a weird situation anyway, Like literally they restore all the power finally and my neighborhood, even though I was in like a suburban neighborhood at the time, like super suburban, Like I lived on something called Parkside Drive and it was on the side of a park also, so literally, you know, you name it for what it is. But yeah, the day after boom, like two three feet of snow and boom, the power.
Speaker 3: Went out again.
Speaker 2: So after we waited three weeks for the North store, we had it for a day.
Speaker 3: Our water was cleaned for a day, okay, and everybody breathed a sigh of relief, and like bang gone next day.
Speaker 2: And it's because of that storm that came right So it wasn't on top of the storm necessarily. We had some snow on top of the storm, but it wasn't that bad. It was sort of like, well, this kind of sucks. Now I got no power and I got to walk outside in the dark, and there's ice.
Speaker 3: Everywhere, you know, if I'm going anywhere. But when the power came back on.
Speaker 2: And everybody's like, okay, we can get back to normal finally, and then a giant snowstorm drops three feet at least, and that means that you get drift of like ten foot high in certain spots. You know, when they say three feet, it doesn't mean that that's the way it lands all the way, you know what I'm saying. Like a year before September eleventh, we had a snowstorm that literally like it was bad and nobody could go on the road, state of emergency and all that, and I went to you know, just any imagine any grocery store right that has one of those like, you know, fairly large lobby arc kind of things in the front of it. A lot of them havepen I've seen Pigley wigglei'es with it. I've seen food lines with it, shop rights, foodstowns all across the country.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Like the big lobby area with very tall windows in front of a grocery store.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Okay, So that there was a snow drift that went uphill and covered that all right, like completely.
Speaker 3: So I don't know how tall.
Speaker 2: That is, but I'm thinking that's like two floors on an apartment building about tall something like that. Okay, these are my visual estimates. They might be a little bit off, but just so you can picture it, snow drifts were like that. So some of the strip malls there were snow drifts that went up to the roof of the strip mall buildings, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So this is where you're at, Like the stores disappeared in snow drifts, and I had to walk and try and find my way to and even climbed up one of those snow drifts and slid down it on the other side to get to what I thought might be a grocery store where people were inside, because I was sent out to get stuff for my baby girl. Anyway, So snow I'm used to. But the thing is in the South, it doesn't snow that often.
Speaker 3: You talked about.
Speaker 2: Getting his wine when you were in high school, right, so do me a favor. How many times since that time in high school? Which just to be generous and do a generalization real fast, we're talking what forty years since high school for you?
Speaker 3: Right? At least?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Seventy eight? Yeah, seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm not being unfair if I say forty years, right.
Speaker 4: No, not at all. It's about like the forty five forty what's this ask me to, dude? Math?
Speaker 5: Damn, I'm sorry, but looking at forty is not off by much. It's actually more than forty.
Speaker 3: It's more than forty. But let's just go with the forty year idea.
Speaker 2: In the past forty years, how many times has it really snowed significantly when you've been in the south like that, you remember since then?
Speaker 5: Well, I tell you, whipper snapper, I remembered a big old nineteen seventy nine blizzard, and then we had one in eighty one, and then I think we had one in eighty.
Speaker 4: Since then, we've probably had.
Speaker 5: Five big snow storms, twenty snowstorms, you know, three four inches, but down here you get three inches.
Speaker 4: Everything shuts down.
Speaker 3: So fair enough.
Speaker 2: But what you're telling me is that what you get over the course of forty years is what I would face in Jersey in.
Speaker 3: One to maximum two years.
Speaker 5: Okay, So yeah, It's like when I lived in you know, Salt Lake City in Colorado Springs. You know, snow was it. That was their winter business was snow. You know, we'd get a flip and a half in a snowstorm. On a light snowstorm out there. I remember one time we had about four foot of snow. We had to go or walk to school in.
Speaker 2: Right so like even your townships don't really keep that much rock salt. Every township in New Jersey, no matter how broke they are, has rock salt, right because otherwise you're you know.
Speaker 4: The funny thing.
Speaker 5: Is when I was in Switzerland one winner, they actually almost country wide or yeah, country wide ran out of salt. They had it snowed for thirty days every day for thirty days.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well we used to have shortages in the Northeast, but they would be you know, they'd be rough, and then somebody would come in and price gouge from somewhere right every time it's like, oh, you need salt real bad, how about double ors ripple the price, and you know, I do know that. Of course Italian businessmen were involved in that, so of course you're going to pay more.
Speaker 3: It just was what it was because yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Is for years, that was the big thing buying and used car down here. Is until car facts came along, when you could check the history of a car or go to these websites and throw in a v number and see what the recorded repair history and stuff was down here. The first question you asked was where did the car come from?
Speaker 4: Because if it came from up north.
Speaker 5: Nobody wanted to buy it because they knew they were going to replace and crap for all the salt that was used on the road. Salt down here has been a more modern invention.
Speaker 4: Let's say.
Speaker 5: They didn't used to use it as much here now that they've got these brining operations going and every time we get a threat of a storm or snow or ice, they'll go out and hit all the highways and then the secondary roads at least, you know, one code of Brian to help.
Speaker 4: Keep things down. But years ago they didn't do that.
Speaker 5: So that was the first question you asked, you know, did this car come from up north?
Speaker 4: Because you knew it had.
Speaker 5: Been driving in salt, and you know down here in thishumid climate, solid eat a car up in today, so it was always important to understand where it came from.
Speaker 2: Right, And it's not just carfax at this point. It's also because the cars are made of plastic so they don't rot as quickly. You know, I know, children, true children's don't remember that they were all actually made.
Speaker 3: Of metal at one point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when was the last time you actually saw a true trees of chrome that wasn't on a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good luck.
Speaker 2: I think there might have been a strip on the.
Speaker 3: Last car or something. I think nineteen ninety nine car.
Speaker 2: I think I saw strips of chrome on it, but just strips, you know what I mean, like not Yeah, remember the.
Speaker 5: Old DuPont chrome polish you used to get out and hit the pumpers with when you know you were getting your fifty seven Chevy bel Air or and Paula ready.
Speaker 4: For the car show.
Speaker 5: I mean that was I don't think I've seen a can of DuPont chrome polish in forty years.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, do they make it? I mean maybe they don't. They got it?
Speaker 2: You know what, there's probably like a specialty thing like for car show people, and you know the people that like pimp the ride or whatever that they got to have their chrome. Plus, you know, somebody got to put something on them spinners, right, so you got to be shining up the metal somehow.
Speaker 3: And so I'm thinking, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: So for show cars it probably exists, But I don't think it's going to be at AutoZone.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not a common product. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, let's do a check. Let's do a check.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not.
Speaker 4: Let's go to all zone dot com.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: This is this is you know, hey, this is more fun than our usual impromptus.
Speaker 3: Let's find out if this guy's dead.
Speaker 5: Let's see ye this guy Bill god do punk chrome polish?
Speaker 3: How did this guy die in prison? Uh?
Speaker 2: It's usually our stuff. We're checking on which CIA assassin shot this guy in the head.
Speaker 3: Uh, we're usually checking stuff like that. So yeah, let's check for chrome polish. That's fun. That's better.
Speaker 5: Might as well let's close this window and this little pop up window and this other pop up You know something I've had that hit me, Yeah, this past week that I haven't had hit.
Speaker 4: Me in a while.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 5: I tried logging into something and you get that stupid message that says we're sorry, but the email account associated with this account is not correct, and you're going, dude, I've been using the same email account for the past fifteen years. How is it not good all of a sudden irritating?
Speaker 2: Well, it's irritating, But you got to be careful because if you somehow land on the you know, Russian bot site that is cloned and is meant to look just like you know, autozones, like the O in auto is actually you know, a different character, but you can't really visually see the difference of it in your address bar. And somehow you click on the wrong link but you think it's the right link because it's a cloned version.
Speaker 3: Of their website.
Speaker 2: They might be asking for your email again because they don't actually have it, and now they're going to collect it and spam you to death. Because you know, I decided to try one of those You ever see those commercials where it's like, if you're above forty five, we have free McDonald's for you if you just answer a survey.
Speaker 3: You ever see those?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, here are the results.
Speaker 5: Okay, I did a search at AutoZone for DuPont chrome polish. The first two things that come up is mother's brand and then the rest is chromed parts or tools.
Speaker 4: So let's find another source.
Speaker 3: Well, that's rough.
Speaker 2: If Adilson has one product, that's pretty rough right there.
Speaker 3: Don't you think?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean I guarantee you they got like three four kinds of windshield white or fluid that go in every car or whatever, But no guarantee that you're going to get anything more than you know one kind of chrome polish, because who needs it?
Speaker 5: See, well, let's see we can find some on eBay. And when you look at the pictures of the containers, they're old. They're all recovered in russ Here's one DuPont chrome polish, thirty five dollars, another one thirty nine to ninety seven. Three vintages nineteen seventy DuPont tens. Now these are just a t for thirty four ninety five. So I found an item that's no longer made.
Speaker 3: Just that.
Speaker 2: If the ten is a collector's item, yeah, it's probably not made anymore.
Speaker 3: It's like when you go to like I.
Speaker 2: Discovered that they still make they still make new VCR tape rewinders like VHS rewinder machines, remember the rewinders, so you wouldn't wear out your motor. They still make new ones of those in China. But you can't find one in an American store.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that. And you know, you go on eBay and they're like, we got this one.
Speaker 2: Hey, look we still have the one that looks like you know, the the A team van. You put it, you put your videotape inside of the eighteen van and it rewinds it, you know, either that or the Blockbuster the one that looks like a Blockbuster video case because you're such a big fan of Blockbuster Video. But that one's old and scratched because Blockbuster don't exist no more. Neither uh and neither the videotapes in America unless you go to a flea market.
Speaker 3: So what're we saying now about that?
Speaker 4: I saw them?
Speaker 5: Well, I saw something the other day where people were taking old videotapes and they would get like they made a rack that they could put the cases on, and they would take three you know, they'd cut the tape at the end, take it off the spool, pull it out, pull it through a winder free of them, and it twists up the videotape into a thread, and then they use that thread in their three D printers as their source of the plastic. No kid, I thought it was pretty unique.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Hey, look there's some recycling for you, uh, if you're not going to use the tapes, and that's gonna you know, what else that's going to do is add to the price of somebody's vintage stuff. Because somebody has like a well working VCR and like, you know, the original good movies still in good working condition that will be played clearly as a VHS can play on a television.
Speaker 3: Somebody who has that probably can charge a lot of money.
Speaker 2: For it, like I saw, okay, the Atari twenty six hundred, as I recall from being a kid, was like at maximum price maybe one hundred and fifty dollars. Now that's one hundred and fifty, like nineteen seventy eight seventy nine.
Speaker 3: Dollars, right, so it's pretty expensive. But all through.
Speaker 2: Its existence as a machine, generally the cartridges, which you know, didn't contain a lot of information, were maximum forty dollars apiece, but some of them could be cheaper even at Toys Rus, which had an extensive markup on them. And the machines themselves never really exceeded one hundred and fifty to maybe two hundred dollars. They got to at some point when they were like you know, all the rage for Christmas or something. But now for a little while you could buy them and a bunch of cartridges and a whole bunch of stuff except the paddles, because the paddles always broke. But you could buy a whole set and a whole iry for like twenty five dollars for a little while at.
Speaker 3: The flea market.
Speaker 2: You wait long enough, though, and now those machines, good cleaned up, perfect original machines that still work, are now like what three four hundred dollars. The tapes depending on which cartridge you want, could be, you know, anywhere from a dollar to three hundred dollars a piece. Right, So if you take something, you let it go completely useless for a while, and still hang on to it throughout that and wait until somebody decides they want the retro version of something, the price can go up.
Speaker 5: And I had a good friend of mine ran a Curtis Mathis TV store, and you know, the Curtis Mathis was one of the higher priced models that you could buy when it came to stereos and TVs.
Speaker 4: And he they closed down.
Speaker 5: Curtis Mathis eventually went out of business or stole to somebody. They went out of business. But their biggest part of their business was video rentals. So when this thing shut down, this guy had, I don't know christ almost eight nine hundred movies he had to get rid of. So he spent the next three months on the weekends out of the flea market got rid of every damn one of them. But you know, it was just amazing, all of a sudden, You've got this inventory.
Speaker 4: What do I do with it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: If he had been able to warehouse those things and sell them today, oh god, he'd be making a pretty penny.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But then again, it's there's a difference, right, because at one point in the nineteen seventies, VHS tapes and machines were super expensive, like to the point where if you wanted a like good solid Hollywood manufactured version of a movie, you were paying three hundred bucks. That snow joke, three hundred dollars, and all the way up to like the early eighties, because I remember Et was like three hundred dollars. Star Wars was like two hundred and fifty bucks, and it was it was wild, you know. And the machines were literally like one thousand dollars at one point, and most people couldn't get them in America anyway.
Speaker 3: And then a few years.
Speaker 2: Later they had dropped down to a reasonable sort of marketable price, you know, and they were a couple hundred dollars, right, And you give it another ten to fifteen years and the DVD comes out and all of a sudden they're down to fifty bucks, and you know, and and the cassettes ten dollars, you know, and Blockbuster sales used ones for seven.
Speaker 3: All kinds of stuff like this went on.
Speaker 2: But I always found it remarkable when a technology is brand new. Yeah, it's worth a lot of money, and it costs a lot to get it, and it's hard to get.
Speaker 3: And then when it.
Speaker 2: Gets you know, sort of oversaturated in the market, it goes cheap, and then it dies and you wait a while, and if you wait long enough, like I said, you can either pick it up on the complete dirt cheap or if you wait, you know a little longer and you're holding on.
Speaker 3: To it, it's valuable again.
Speaker 2: So you know, the guys that were literally out there begging you to buy their VHS tapes for you know, fifty cents saying, you know, nineteen ninety nine at the flea market today, if they had those things, you know, they were selling sealed movies out there for a dollar. Like it's just there was so much inventory. Like I don't know what Curtis is, but yeah, good it.
Speaker 5: Was good for me because I was he let me go through the pile, and I was able to get all the old John Wayne stuff out so that I could give him to my dad and complete his John Wayne collections.
Speaker 4: So it really came inconvenient from me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, Now I went there a couple of times and I got stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't have it anymore, but I went through it.
Speaker 2: I would get all the music stuff, and I had like all the Star Trek movies at one point, you know, like I bought like one through six and then bought even the new couple of.
Speaker 3: Next Generation movies. S. I had all the Star Trek movies.
Speaker 2: And I started but never finished getting one by one. They used to have videotapes with like two Star Trek episodes on it, and so I started buy a Nose from the original series and also went and not just Star Trek, but there was something else that I had to get. I'm trying to think now that was like, man, what was the other thing I had gotten?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: Here, I know it was, and it was something that I really oh, I know what it was, The Twilight Zone.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: And I completed the Twilight Zone collection like real easy for like you know, fifty Bucks or whatever, and there was a lot of episode I don't know how many the Twilight Zone had, but the Twilight Zone tapes in some cases had one episode on them. So yeah, it was nuts, but there was you know, enough there that I was able to complete. I think there was like eighty something episodes. And then they had like a couple of special tapes which had you know, outtakes this and that. And then later when I saw them on DVD at like one of those big box stores, I was kind of pissed because I could buy one set of them now and they fit you know, on a three inch space on my uh you know, on my rack instead of this giant library I had before. And I had all of it, plus the specials, for like you know again, not even buying them on the cheap. I had them all for I don't know, thirty dollars. I had the whole thing, and I was like.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm surprised that program hasn't they haven't re redone it here recently.
Speaker 4: You would think that would be a good one for them to redo.
Speaker 5: I know they had the movie The TWI his own movie because they had the accident while they were filmed in one section of it that killed a couple of kids set. But I'm surprised with you know, we live in a remake society now. All your movies now are remakes of something thirty years ago. Well they did, I'm surprised they did Twilight Zone. Yeah, well how long was it on for?
Speaker 3: They did it twice one time.
Speaker 2: They did it in either the eighties or the nineties, And yeah, check it out because the Twilight Zone was redone eighties or nineties. As a matter of fact, there's a JFK episode from that eighties or nineties stint of the Twilight Zone. If you check it out. JFK is assassinated, right, and there's a guy that gets it. He's a history professor. He gets to go back in history and study historical events. And his whole thing is he wants to go see the JFK assassination in person, so he gets.
Speaker 3: To time travel back. You never saw this.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: It was before the Stephen King trime travel by a long shot, believe me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, look at I bet you it's up on YouTube for nothing at this point.
Speaker 2: But either way, if you do a little search on IMDb, you'll find that they rebooted it then and then recently CBS Paramount. I don't know if it's still going, but it was only a couple.
Speaker 3: Of years ago.
Speaker 2: They rebooted The Twilight Zone, except this time it was the guy from Key and Peel. Wow Man, whichever one is the director, I can't ever keep them straight. Which ones which? Remember the Key and Peel comedy team. Yeah, the one guy's a movie director now. But he also rebooted The Twilight Zone on CBS when it was CBS All Access and it continued on into Paramount. But I don't know if it's still happening or not, because I didn't like it, but he rebooted it. That's two reboots I know about. So they did reboot that show, but still sci fi and everybody else will go back to those black and.
Speaker 5: And well I mean just the writing, you know, for for for not having the things that we have now technology wise, those old shows, I mean they had to put they had to put a lot more, They had to put better writing into it because you didn't have the effects that you have now.
Speaker 4: I mean, you go all the way back to War of the Worlds.
Speaker 5: You know, you look at what they did with the radio show and we're able to produce that as a live event, sound effects and everything compared to CGI and everything that you see now. I mean you really writers really had to produce something back then to make it interesting because you didn't have the visuals well.
Speaker 2: And also you didn't have as many things that had occurred yet.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah. And it's always funny because.
Speaker 2: I I I you know, hanging behind me and in where I'm sitting right now is a record of the uh of the War the World's broadcast, right And I bought that thing probably about twenty times in my life too. I bought cassettes of it, and I bought a record, and I bought all kinds of I had a DVD at one point of the original broadcast. Matter of fact, a couple of times on Mischief Night on the network here, I've replayed War of the Worlds on this network, okay, just because and I love that part of it takes place in New Jersey if you remember the professors from Princeton, and they talk about Brown's Mills, New Jersey, which is right there. Just it's either Burlington County or Ocean County, but it's just outside of again, where I was working when I worked in Whiting. Like right down the road was Brown's Mills, which is a nobody knows where the hell it is town in Jersey unless you live near it, which is funny because they were talking about, you know, farmland being attacked and everything else, and.
Speaker 3: They were using real places like.
Speaker 2: That contemporary we know these places exist, which was hilarious. But you know, I like what Bill Burs says, if people were just smart enough to turn the channel, they would have realized the alien invasion was only on CBS, which, by the way, that was the Columbia Broadcasting Network. But anyway, back to the wall, back to the Twilight Zone thing. It is extremely remarkable that people are still going back to a show that was in like nineteen fifty nine to sixty two. I think it ran if you take a look at the original run sixty four sixty four.
Speaker 5: Was sixty four Oh okay, yeah, it was five seasons. And then let's see, according to this, they put out a remake. Let me scroll back up, and they had a remake from it's in eighty five to eighty nine.
Speaker 3: There you go, I told you eighties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And then they had a one season remake two thousand and two to three, and then twenty nineteen to twenty. So apparently they've tried to bring it back times and only one lasted four years.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, that makes sense. That makes sense because I.
Speaker 2: Forgot right that either Showtime or HBO or one of the pay channels tried to do it because they had also done the Outer Limits and so they thought, well, hell, we'll reboot the Twilight Zone. So they licensed that.
Speaker 5: They had one one hundred and fifty six episodes, five seasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, that one in the eighty In the eighties though, was on regular TV, I think, And I'm telling you, if you searched through that one in the eighties, you'll find that JFK episode I'm telling you about the guy time travels and he's Professor Fitzgerald.
Speaker 3: Hint, hint, any time travels.
Speaker 2: It was kind of interesting, to be honest with you, and didn't actually address I don't think it actually addresses like I think one of the reasons why I liked it is because it didn't like shoving your face. Hey Oswald did it too, by the way, idiots, you know, pretty much like Stephen King did.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I did not know this, but the eighty the eighty season from eighty five to eighty nine, theme music was written by Jerry Garcia and well basically The Grateful Dead.
Speaker 3: Oh nice. I wasn't aware of that either, yep, but see yeah.
Speaker 5: Theme music composer was Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Brent Midland, Phil Leish, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreuzman, Merl Sanders, Maryus Constant was the original theme writer.
Speaker 4: And then they produced.
Speaker 5: Twilight Zone eighty five main title performed by The Grateful Dead.
Speaker 2: Nice and and now that Twilight Zone movie was before this though, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I remember that one. And now that's the.
Speaker 5: One where the yeah, that's the one where damn it his name it's just on the Vicmorrow was in that one played a guy who was having a flashback from Vietnam and they had an accident with the helicopter on set and it ended up killing a couple of kids and really got the protection company in trouble because apparently they're violating child labor laws when it happened.
Speaker 2: In a foreign country. No less right, I mean, it wasn't shot here that part. It was shot in Thailand or something, right.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 5: Let's see tomorrow let's do a quick search.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I know people still write about that today, you know, because it's like, you know, remember this when people got killed doing films, So it's one of those things, you know, it was pretty great.
Speaker 4: Oh that's why he died. Also, Yeah, let's see here.
Speaker 5: It says Vic Morrow was an actor who tractically died a helicopter accident while filing filming The Twilight Zone the movie July of nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 4: He was killed with two.
Speaker 5: Child actors when the helicopter lost control due to special effects explosions.
Speaker 4: A hell of a way to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 2: And there was claims that, you know, it was just the like the rotor blades just cut everybody's heads off. I mean, there was all kinds of wild claims, and I'm pretty sure they were buried in litigation for a.
Speaker 3: While over it.
Speaker 2: But I do remember that movie coming out, and I thought it came out later than eighty two. Well, then again, they were filming in eighty two, and I don't think the turnaround was that fast on movies back then, So probably it came out when I was like twelve, like in eighty four or something, right, because I think that's what sparked the TV revival, because I think that's.
Speaker 3: What sparked the TV revival.
Speaker 2: If I don't know, you know, look, these are vague memories of mine. I'm not looking it up. You are, but you know, I'm just saying, like I'm just going off the top.
Speaker 3: Of my head.
Speaker 4: Well, let's see here.
Speaker 5: The accident was in eighty two, right, let's see if they listen when the movie was put out. Yeah, they had tail road or failure. John Landis was directing, trying to find the location. Now it was Yeah, I said they The first segment violated California's child of labor laws by hiring a seven year old and a six year old.
Speaker 4: Without the required permits.
Speaker 5: Landis and his members of his staff were responsible for a number of labor violations connected with other people involved in the accident, which came to light later. Apparently the kids were being paid under the table to circumvent the state law about kids working at night.
Speaker 4: There you go. No, it was actually a movie ranch in Valencia. Wow, okay, California.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: In Dunes, yeah, says The filming location was Indian Dunes, a movie ramp in the Valencia neighborhood of Santa Clarita, California that was used throughout the eighties and films and television shows. Yes, so within thirty miles of where all the studios are.
Speaker 2: See, if I don't study something, I only retained, you know, I only retained like the main facts of it. But the details might be a little mixed there. But maybe it's because of the kid's ethnicity. I was thinking it was Thailand. I don't know, but they.
Speaker 5: Had They said it was over a decade of lawsuits afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said, a lot of litigation.
Speaker 2: But that movie created enough of a stir because they brought Burgess Meredith. You know, it was like Burgess Meredith returns to the twilight Zone because he was in the original, you know, Twilight Zone, and a couple of them, a good handful of them had Burgess Meredith right, because he was in the Obsolete Man, and he was in the one where he's the librarian and his glasses break, and I think he might have been in the original Kick the Can, which is what they did in that movie. They did this thing where you know, old people go and try to play Kick the Can to regain their youth and then they turn into children and run away.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, let's see the movie. The movie came out in eighty three.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it took it like the next year by the time they settled down from the accident.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that makes kind of sense because maybe I saw it in the theater or maybe I saw it on cable, which it used to come out a year later on cable. So that's probably why I'm thinking eighty four. See I'm reconnecting this so on the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you had the movie come out eighty three, and then eighty four is when the first remake started on TV?
Speaker 3: Right, right?
Speaker 2: And which do you see the seasons in the episodes, because I guarantee you can find that JFK episode, because I'm telling you I was kind of surprised the way they handled it. I mean, it was a little eighties cheesy move. You know, eighties TV was a little cheesy. Okay, it just always was. So it's definitely like you can tell this was started in the eighties, like you could tell.
Speaker 5: All right, so are you saying Okay, so let's see you're saying it was in the eighty five series they had the JFK episode out for the original.
Speaker 2: No, not in the original, No, it's definitely not in the original. It was in color and one of the actors.
Speaker 3: Is God Like.
Speaker 2: He plays the prosecutor in My cousin Vinnie, the actor that ends up I think in one of the u in part of the episode.
Speaker 3: Anyway, forget all that point is.
Speaker 2: That I'm telling you the look of that episode is like, holy nineteen eighties Batman. You know, sort of like when you look at Star Trek the next generation. You got those women with the big hair, and you're like three hundred years later and they're gonna do big hair from the eighties. Yeah, it doesn't age well, but if you can suspend that little bit of disbelief, it's an interesting on the JFK assassination.
Speaker 3: And kind of would put to sleep.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: It was the twentieth episode of the first season of the eighty five Free Fible and it says the name of the episode was Profile in Silver.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, now I remember why it was titled that is because the professor is walking around with a JFK half dollar and it's like, you know, one hundred or two hundred years into the future, and he's like, I have this half dollar and I want to go back in history to witness this because I am a descendant of John F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy. Okay, Like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what relative of mine he is, but you know, and his name is Fitzgerald his last name, Okay, so he's clearing from that part of his lineage. And he says, yeah, he's a distant relative of mine.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to study that incident in history.
Speaker 2: And they can time travel, you know, at that point, and go back and look, but they're not supposed to, you know, obviously, get involved or anything.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but it's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: It's actually and I'm still not spoiling the biggest, you know, part of the story at all with what.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, but it gives you an idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They go into the description about the coin. The coin was minted in sixty four, and that caused one of the Secret Service guys to start being suspicious of Fitzgerald, who you know you're referring to is the main character when he found the coin.
Speaker 3: Right, But that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Fitzgerald drops his coin that was an ancient coin to him, and they look at it. You know, the president just died and it's still November, and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, uh, wait a minute, that happens.
Speaker 2: Yes, but that's still not the strangest part of it.
Speaker 3: It gets weirder than that. But it's kind of like Twilight Zone, you know.
Speaker 2: The weird like twist of Twilight. It's definitely in the spirit of the original series.
Speaker 3: And I don't think I bet that one. Yeah, it's it's a good watch. I'm telling you. If you can find it somewhere for free, do it. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: And you know what, even those like you know, those like digital broadcast channels that like are right now playing like mcgiver and a Team and stuff, you know what I mean, Like they have all the eighties syndicated stuff that's now probably real cheap to rerun. Those channels that are rerunning eighty stuff might even rerun that Twilight Zone at some point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we get I forget what's nine of the Week it is, But one of the channels is not charge it's I forget it's something.
Speaker 4: One of the channels that carries a lot of the sci fi stuff. They've got it on. They show it for like two episodes for an hour.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well sci Fi channel might be available via broadcast. I don't know, but sci Fi does still does them. Oh, comet, there you go. Come it's another one.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, they show a lot of sci fi stuff.
Speaker 2: There's another one that does like a block of Star Treks too, where they do the original series, Next Generation, Deep Space nine and Voyager, like one episode from each in a row and it dominates like the whole you know night on one of the channels we have that on what is.
Speaker 3: That High five or.
Speaker 5: High E or m M Y will have it, okay, because I would.
Speaker 4: Say I always see it. I always see it in the evening's about five to six o'clock. They're running it for an hour.
Speaker 3: There's another channel that's called like High Fi or something like.
Speaker 2: The digital broadcast channels are weird nowadays. You know you have the me TV and stuff like that. Yeah, you know, so like and and they are local annals that are still you know, licensed to broadcast in some area somewhere, but they dedicate that, but they're kind of dressed up almost as if they're a cable channel. So you know, it is what it is. But but yeah, but that's the thing. So all right, anyhow, I don't know why it is. I ended up talking about TV because I'm nuts, I guess.
Speaker 3: And meanwhile we got oh, we got a caller.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, So what do you think should bring long? Well, I think we should take a quick break before we bring on the caller, just because where are we at here time wise? We're almost through an hour, So I think if we get in the break and then that way I don't have to bother with another one because I like to try and attach at least a break to the show. But sometimes I miss, and you know, we get caught up and I don't even bother. But I'd like to make sure we get at least one in. Although I did have a weird situation with missus o' earlier in the week where all of a sudden she had trouble with the Jetsy it. I could still hear her, but she couldn't hear me. I don't know what went on because we tested it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is, we tested it, it was working fine, and then I don't know if she was doing it on her phone in the other room to separate the microphones, okay, so we wouldn't bleed into each other, and it was fine. I thought it was great actually, and then I don't know, we started talking and she just like lost me and she's like Lou and then she's sitting there breathing and doesn't realize she's still on the mic. I'm like, okay, I'm taking a break. So there's unscheduled breaks sometimes, but we'll take a quick scheduled break, and when we come back, what we'll do is get right to looks like Danny and California's calling us first, but anybody else who joins us will get right to you after a quick break. And that is if you are hearing us live at four Yeah, it looks like four minutes to nine pm Eastern, okay, And I guess, gee, what is that out there on the West coast? Be four minutes to six I guess pm. Okay, So anyway, four minutes to nine pm where I'm sitting, and we're BPEd of sitting as well, uh Eastern time on the twenty sixth of September twenty twenty five. If that's when you're hearing us, we're live and you can join us. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six three one nine five two seven five zero one six and you can join now.
Speaker 4: Oh Chili dot com.
Speaker 7: Thunder roll of brass, rettle bones, beats that smash fire flows through every phase, mittle storm an least the pain.
Speaker 4: Chang rift ninety baz six fighting.
Speaker 2: So it's a roosty killer bulls rough destructing rode.
Speaker 4: Conversation.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Carl, the.
Speaker 6: Truth about the JFA assassination.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, what do you want to know?
Speaker 8: Daddy Baker's wild claim Oswald girlfriends he knew?
Speaker 2: Ruby and Barry answer weapons?
Speaker 3: Really, I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon, but okay, building.
Speaker 8: And trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy. Come on now, has a real effort on the DAFA assassination in claims.
Speaker 2: Go to Amazon dot com enter Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case to get at well a different perspective. Let's say you can get Judith Ary Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at k I A s JFK at AOL dot com. It's a fun book and it actually dissects the many, many fantastic claims.
Speaker 3: Judith very Baker in her own words, thank you for all the great information.
Speaker 6: What's your name about? No mysc and samascope, Why don't get one time around? Don't keep it on the bober.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, so.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you have seen the most.
Speaker 4: Mocking mine and mother and by smallst dock in.
Speaker 8: Sas and three distincts along when regulated.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, hell.
Speaker 6: No, not.
Speaker 7: Revel like do youse express my caller schools there anyone else who happens to get on the air of Kelly dot com did not necessarily reflect the views of Kelly dot and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might ensue.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Revelation through concay shot.
Speaker 3: Here is all all right?
Speaker 2: Back to it live co host b Pete with me and you can join as well three one nine five two seven five zero one six if you want to.
Speaker 3: Get in on this.
Speaker 2: That's what it is anyway, if you're hearing us live about a minute and a half past nine pm Eastern on the twenty sixth, twenty sixth day of September twenty twenty five, I had to go check the digital.
Speaker 3: Calendar real quick.
Speaker 2: I've had a weird day anyway, where this has been one of the weirdest, slowest days in a long time.
Speaker 3: And I don't understand why.
Speaker 2: It's like my perception of time is off anyway, whatever it is, what it is, it's better than missing time, I guess. And BPEd is with us, like I said, and we got callers on hold already, but by all means join in because we still got almost an hour left and I don't intend to take another break unless I have to, So let's just do what we can. Three one nine, five two seven five zero one six. And I think I've got Danny from California on and I'm not going to mix them up with Chris from Florida this time.
Speaker 3: So let's sing, Danny, I think you're live. How you doing?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm doing well, excellent. So what's on your mind this week?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm getting I'm getting feedback.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing myself.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: So let me take you off to speak and it is the problem. Okay, well that's why he's on speaker.
Speaker 3: Okay. Is that better, Danny?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you hearing yourself?
Speaker 6: That is better? I apologize for that. Yeah, it seems like there's a problem with the speaker phone. Yeah, I'm doing well, and uh yeah, I had kind of one of those weird days where I didn't really I was kind of often went on a long vacation trying to get back to things. But hey, I kind of went on a binge and your staff you're snaffy news and I like. I like it. I'm just giving you a thumbs up. It's enjoyable and I like the analysis. You're good. You're good analysis. Whether I agree or disagree, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So okay, Well, since you took a binge on that, I got a question for you, and I want to see you noticed. I'm trying to add a little bit of more humor into things because people are saying to me, you should do more humor stuff. And I'm like, I'm no good at humor, and I'm not looking for you to say it's good that I do. Like I'm good at it, but what I am looking to see is if it's a welcome thing or not, because I don't know, you know, you make the wrong joke nowadays and people are ready to, you know, come at you with the pitchforks, either digitally or in person, one way or another.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if it's a good idea for me to add to my problems with humor.
Speaker 2: But again, I'm taking suggestions from supporters, and if you guys.
Speaker 3: Want to hear it, let me know.
Speaker 2: And if you don't tell me, you don't too, because I'd appreciate the feedback. So did you notice it? And is it a welcome edition or should I just tone it down add more? What is your opinion since you just binged all.
Speaker 6: That, Yeah, I would, I would just stay where you're at because great, Frankly, I think where you're looking at is you have a great sense of humor her. I mean you're able to laugh at yourself and even some dark situations. That part. I mean, that's kind of refreshing. And you're good at that. I mean you liked off the coat jokes. I mean, who's really good at that? You're don't stand up all the time. I mean you're you're analyzing the news and you're I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, I'm happy to hear that, you know, But like I said, I would be more than happy to take a look, you know, shut up.
Speaker 3: With the humor already, you're not funny. I'll take that too, uh you know, I.
Speaker 6: Just yeah, yeah, yeah, another continue through missus owen there. I hope she's feeling better. Something's going on with her voice doing the thing that I like. I like missus O. You know when you asked her to comment, she said, yeah, move on, No, that's no good. I mean, she's she's blood. Which is I think you got to kick out of it too.
Speaker 3: I can tell no, definitely, because look, she's the only person all right. This is the fun part.
Speaker 2: And also those conversations that you hear on there are literally the same thing we have off air anyway, where like I'll sit there and run my mouth, you know, for like a few minutes, and then goes, so.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: And she just goes, yeah, it's just like I put up with you talking about it, but enough already, I don't even want to play, you know.
Speaker 3: And so she does that, and I think that's great because.
Speaker 2: Almost nobody else does that where they just go, you know what, I don't actually have an opinion, screw it. And I think that's great because you know, I don't know what's weirder lately that people have to have an opinion about everything, and they think that their opinion like counts the same as facts, and their opinion is their opinion. It's like, my god, people are obsessed with their own opinions. And she sometimes just goes like, I don't know, I don't care, and I like that you don't have to have an opinion on everything. You know, opinions are useful when you have them at key moments.
Speaker 3: Or about things that you know something about. But unfortunately we've been encouraged, you know, especially I don't know. I feel like my generation, more than anything, was encouraged that their opinions were so freaking important that they literally can drive way too much, you know, because your opinion is not facts. It's just not.
Speaker 2: And that's it drives me crazy with people where it's like, well I think this, so therefore no, no, no, stop. You think that I don't know what you based it on, but you think that you feel that your opinion is that, now please back it up with something, because if not, then it's just your opinion.
Speaker 3: You're entitled to it. But think about it.
Speaker 2: Some opinions carry more weight than others. There is a reason for it, so it just drives me nuts with some people where it's like anything you say, you know, hit anywhere in their vicinity, and even though they've never eaten chicken, they're going to tell you the best way to cook it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And it's just like, dude, you know nothing about that's let it go. But people don't.
Speaker 2: And there's whole industries driven on this where you know, like if you look at most influencers online, most of what they're telling you is their opinion, and what are their opinions based on, usually their opposition to somebody else's opinion or their agreement to somebody else's opinion. And when you take a look at these people, if you really knew them, you wouldn't care what their opinion was. I mean, so, you know, because it's amazing that there's people with huge contracts who have zero intelligence. It seems like analyze nothing. I drive myself crazy analyzing stuff. Like literally this week I spent hours on overnights okay, going over what's wrong with things I'm saying on the show. I went over the because the speaker generates transcripts for every show, Okay, they're AI driven transcripts, so they're slightly imperfect, but I wanted to find the bad patterns in things I was saying. And I did that for hours and hours, and then the next day when I got up, I continued it. After I slept for about two hours, I got up and did it again, like nine hour stints of analyzing what the hell is wrong with what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Okay, because I'm nuts.
Speaker 6: Now, question question, Yeah, with all your analysts, have you discovered anything Like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I've discovered some patterns and some interesting stuff. And then I turned it on other people to see what they you know, because I'm not the only one that generates transcripts. If you go on YouTube, okay, YouTube, which you know, anybody can pretty much freely access, even though you get freaking ground down by the commercials now. But either way, if you put up with those, almost everything has a transcript to the video. Now, so you can go over and read and visually cut up the patterns, not just listen and you know, go with your emotions, because your emotions will drive part.
Speaker 3: Of what you're listening to.
Speaker 2: But you look at it and you can form patterns of what's happening in certain people's videos and you can see what they're repeating. And then see, this is what I was talking about with the AI. See there's this guy who has a YouTube channel, all right, and what he does is he analyzed. It is like he's obsessed with analyzing Trump's speeches is what he does, okay, And for some reason he keeps running it through chat GPT and finding out what chat GPT thinks about Donald Trump's speech, all right, which is dumb as hell because you're asking chat gpt to think, okay, and Jimmy just hung up. I wanted to get to Jimmy next, but I wanted to since you asked, I want to. It's okay, It's okay, but please Jimmy call back.
Speaker 3: I'll get right to you. I just I wanted to answer Danny Philly.
Speaker 2: But the thing is this on chat GPT, right, He's asking chat GPT to think for him. And I'm going, this is you know, comedic, because I mean, I would never ask chat gpt to think for me. But is there a way to use this tool to analyze speech for myself? And what you can do is say you put in a phrase, all right, and you ask chat GPT to go find where somebody else has also expressed exactly the same phrase in a transcript. Okay, and you can find that there are exact and nearly exact phrases that are repeated across various groups of people. Okay, I'm being as general as I can about this. And the thing is that I wanted to see where I landed among these people and see if I was repeating stuff at one point. This is how this starts, and it became a whole madness for me where I just kept doing it and I was obsessively going through my own speech. But you could turn this literally, you guys, if you take this idea and run with it.
Speaker 3: You take one of your picking. AI doesn't matter, Groc, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Go grab one of those a slightly higher not the really crappy one, but a slightly higher one that can actually go and pull things out of news media and stuff like.
Speaker 3: That, because there's a whole news website.
Speaker 2: That does this, that tells you, look, this is what the left is saying, this is what the right is saying, this is what the actual you know, independent media is saying. And they divide up the news for you see, you know what spin you're getting well, I realized they're only using pattern recognition driven by AI to do it, and it's accessible to all of us.
Speaker 3: We can all do it. So I went through pattern recognition, and you find the obvious.
Speaker 2: Right, your Sinclair groups are all repeating the same script. Now we already knew that, but they're literally repeating the same script because they're fed along with their local news certain national news things and they are told to say. Every one of these news anchors has the same script in front of them, and you can see it laid out if you use the AI. So anyway, I wanted to find my patterns. Am I actually repeating stuff that other people are saying?
Speaker 3: And I found that I was.
Speaker 2: But the problem is I was identifying this is the difference. I was identifying that I was repeating somebody else's words. So when I brought it up and told you about somebody else's words, I didn't present it as my own idea. These other people were presenting it as their own idea.
Speaker 3: And it is not. It is not a one side or the other problem, folks.
Speaker 2: It's funny, but you could imagine exactly which suspects do it. Now you can turn that against anybody on YouTube and add them into the equation, or you'll already find them in the equation, but they're almost lost in the needle in you know, they're like needle in the haystack, right, because once you get through Sinclair and Fox News and all these people that are reading off of the same script, and you can see the timing of it and when it originated and how it rippled out. Even if you go a little further on your own, you can study this for yourselves and you can see who's leading the pack. And it's not always Fox News, by the way, just so you know, they do it a lot, but it's not always them.
Speaker 3: On the right.
Speaker 2: The left does the same stupid thing where even if it's something that makes no sense or it's a pointless story, even like the left will turn around and give you the you know, and a panda today decided to you know, fart on a grizzly bear.
Speaker 8: Hahaha.
Speaker 2: They'll they'll repeat that verbatim with the same video clip and it's just hilarious. But when I do it, if you take away where I'm quoting somebody, because I'm literally, you know, thinking out loud, doing media analysis on the show.
Speaker 3: If you subtract that. Yeah, my thoughts are my own.
Speaker 2: I only repeat things, as you know, like close to verbatim, maybe fifteen percent of when I'm doing it, maybe, okay, And it's not all on one side or the other. It's right and left. Sometimes I do lean left apparently, but it's not like you know, so maybe ten percent of that fifteen like ten out of the fifteen percent or eight out of the fifteen percent, I'm probably leaning left, But the rest of it I'm probably leaning right, which is hilarious. But that's how I get demonized by both sides, because the other eighty five percent, when I'm not quoting somebody, are usually my own weird phrases, my own weird tripovers.
Speaker 4: You have a scoliosis of opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you'd be amazed how many people are just just repeating things and claiming it to be their own opinions.
Speaker 3: And I know for certain not everybody realizes it. So you know, again, you don't pick the media.
Speaker 2: People don't come from another planet, folks, So among yourselves at home, if you're not recording yourself constantly like a fool, okay, and you're not doing a podcast constantly, or you're not commenting on a radio show constantly, or you're not running your mouth for thousands of hours like I do. If you're not doing that, you don't have the same recordings to compare. But if you decide to take your favorite people or the people you're listening to regularly or whatever, and you run them through this sort of same process that I very loosely described here, I didn't even give you the specifics.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell you which AI to use. Nothing, try it. Try it.
Speaker 2: Do it to me and duplicate my results if you like, do it to anybody you want that produces transcripts and speaker hasm I know, and YouTube hasm.
Speaker 3: So guess how many podcasts I just covered.
Speaker 2: And I know that there's other pod catchers and delivery systems that also have automated transcripts. Now, I'm not saying the results are perfect, but I'm thinking it's probably you know, maybe the percentages aren't exact, but it seems to me relatively accurate. And I've recognized this pattern and not known how.
Speaker 3: To articulate it for years. And it all started with.
Speaker 2: Me getting pissed off at the fact that my audience is shrinking and I'm saying what am I doing wrong? What is it that I'm obviously repeating some mistake And I wanted to check and see what the mistake was on air, so I went through it, and Yeah, when I'm not reading from somebody else's writing directly, and I tell you I'm reading and I'm not telling you that I'm quoting somebody, Yeah, my opinions are my own. And that's a weird space to be in because apparently the majority of broadcasters, influencers, YouTubers, okay, TikTokers, et cetera, are literally reading a script, whether they realize it or not. So that's the way I look at it. It's the mass psychological script, is what I'm calling it at the moment. But I'll come up with a better title, Danny. So, what do you think about all.
Speaker 3: That that I just laid out for you?
Speaker 6: Well, what I think here, here's here's some thoughts about it, is that if you're looking at just what has happened to podcasting in our social media, I mean, who's who owns X the richest man in the world, who's buying TikTok and CNN, Another very wealthy person in the world who owns Faceboot one of the richest people in the world, and guess what the Washington Posts another very wealthy person. Well, you're having now as a monopoly on on what's going to be broadcast because those are those are were the those are your influencers. So your pattern recognition makes a lot of sense because if you're hitting left right, if you're reading off the script, there's there's a lot of content to to you know, parallel it up, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: But it's not just this one company.
Speaker 2: It's funny, it's like it's across a spectrum where it's like people that you really do think are aligned or aligned a couple of weird anomalies in that though, if you check, like the broadcasters that have shows on CNBC, they're not in line with the MSNBC people. Okay, so, but but I'm just saying it's interesting to be able to like sort of in a weird way, kind of loosely quantify what I'm seeing.
Speaker 3: And I'm telling you right now this is a.
Speaker 2: Question you should ask yourselves out there. You're not broadcasting, but you're listening to somebody, you're listening to or you're reading somebody.
Speaker 3: How many things just question yourselves.
Speaker 2: How many things do you think are coming out of your mouth that actually were scripted by somebody else, Whether you agree with them or not, I'm not going to get into. But how many things are you identifying as your own thoughts that did not originate with you? That's all I'm asking anybody to add. Ask themselves, because I did it, okay, and I think it's a worthy thing to do, because at that point you'll realize that there really is a reason why they call it programming, and you know, these things are logical results of one another. The YouTubers wouldn't be this way if the TV hadn't have been that way, and if the t you know what I'm saying, and then the tik tokers wouldn't be that way if the YouTubers hadn't turned out that way. This is a domino effect that goes all the way down to you know, if somebody strikes up a conversation with me at the circle K, I'm going to hear the same thing. And so you know, look, if you're happy with that, great, but take a look at it and take a look at who it is you're listening to, and you know, how many photocopies of an idea.
Speaker 3: Do you get before the idea looks bad? Is the question I'm going to ask, because as you.
Speaker 2: Get further and further down the line, Look, some people are paid to speak. Some people are you know, very articulate, make themselves clear. Some people are a little confusing like I am. Which also really annoying to me is how many UM's and ah's and oohs and everything else I drop in like like a jackass. I really felt stupid reading my own text. But anyway, don't do that to yourself. You don't have to. But take a look at the people that are really well polished, professional, well edited and everything else, and it gets even worse because they don't have original ideas. People that are looked to like, oh, this is a great thinker, always a smart person, they're an idiot. They're an idiot reading off a script. And if they don't have the script in front of them, they've had it banged into their head by somebody else already. So how far down the line do you want to be before you have an original thought? That's my question for everybody tonight, you know, like, do you want your own thoughts or do you just want somebody else to feed them to you. And if really the majority of people feel like they just want somebody to feed them the right thought, then I understand why my audience is shrinking because I don't fit that pattern.
Speaker 3: So I'm not giving you what you want. I get it. I'm sorry, but I get it. You know, BPTE, do you have any thoughts about this?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know from what I've read, studied, come across, and other people's opinion. You know, most people seek out those things to listen to that reinforces the belief they've already got. And you know, a lot of times that belief is not based on them thinking about something. They hear something and they like it, or they hear something and it fits into what they were thinking originally, and they stick with those people. I don't understand the popularity of some of these podcasters just.
Speaker 4: Listening to them.
Speaker 5: It's like if I go on YouTube and I see a thumbnail that says blah blah blah is a headline, and I click on it and it ends up being nothing more than a podcast, no video. So all you're hearing is the audio is somebody rambling on. You know, the majority of those, I immediately click away because it's either the tone of their voice or them trying to insert, you know, an opinion in the middle of reading a statement, and it just it's too much for me. I'm sorry, Maybe I need the visual to go along with it. I'd rather sit there and watch somebody talk on a mic than have no visual and just an audio stream. And that's why I really don't like podcasts that much, because most podcasts are just audio.
Speaker 3: So, just as a suggestion, do you think we should go to a visual format more? Somehow?
Speaker 6: It may?
Speaker 4: I don't know, it may help bring in people.
Speaker 5: The thing about visuals is, you know, if you're discussing something, oh, this document was just released, Well, it's nice to be able to have the document, you know, in front of you, to be able to see what they're.
Speaker 4: Talking about or to follow along.
Speaker 5: So I prefer more the video aspect of it than just the audio podcast of it, because you're able to utilize your screen to put things up there.
Speaker 3: You know, you're.
Speaker 5: Discussing a photograph, just like in our JFK discussions, you know, we talk about a photograph with somebody there. It's nice to be able to have a photograph up there while everybody's talking about it, so you can see what they're talking about. Maybe I've gotten lazy. You know, back in radio, everything was based on what you could visually picture. And that's why, you know my comment about being able to write things. You know, these writers had to be able to produce that picture in their description so that you could sit there and think and picture what it is they're talking about. Where nowadays, with the graphics and all, you get that, you know, the action figure. You go to one of these new action movies, the script, nobody talks about the script.
Speaker 4: It's you know, it's those.
Speaker 5: It's those computer generated graphics that they're talking about. You know, you think about when Star Wars first came out and you look at the the CGI then compared to the CGI now and these Marvel movies and things like that, there's no comparison.
Speaker 4: But when Star Wars. When Star Wars came out, we thought, you know, hey, this is the bomb. You know, this is the most amazing thing we've seen.
Speaker 5: When you jump from hyperspace and you know, you know, a split second it's booming and it's gone.
Speaker 4: There's things like that stick with you. But now that.
Speaker 5: AGI's out there and can damn near produce anything your imagination can come up with.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe we've gotten lazy, we don't use our imagination enough. But it's just me. It's the visual part of it. Yeah, it See, it's me entertained enough to stick there.
Speaker 2: See, because my eyesight is challenged, right, I'm more about the audio of things anyway. Like I literally listen to YouTube as opposed to watching it most of the time, and so my perspective is off there, which, by the way, that's another thing that differentiated like on the Friday night shows is that when we sat here and we talked about stuff, that was just like, like, you know, the first almost hour of this show, you and I were talking about what VHS tapes, TV shows, movies now the chrome polish, chrome polished, all right. When we're doing that, right, our thoughts seem to be our own when we're looking back at stuff, which is funny because when we go to current events, all of a sudden, the patterns emerge, so it's really weird. And I also have the transcripts of the callers, so you know.
Speaker 3: And you can look at it yourself if you want.
Speaker 2: I swear You can download the transcripts from speaker for me because I'm not on YouTube, but anybody on YouTube, whether they're visual or not, break it into the transcript and take a look at it. It's very weird, it's like, and it kind of made me understand. Actually, Danny, you're gonna appreciate this. I bet it kind of made me understand.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I've been asking myself since twenty fifteen, why in the hell is the rest of this country taking Donald Trump seriously? I've been asking that question since twenty fifteen to myself and sometimes out loud.
Speaker 3: Why is this happening?
Speaker 6: This guy?
Speaker 2: I can't figure out why anybody would take him seriously? And it finally dawned on me while I was doing this. Actually I've had the thought before, but it was like it almost hit me between the eyes.
Speaker 3: Why it is he's working.
Speaker 2: It's because he takes very complex things and gives you a very simple answer for it. So people that cannot understand complexity, who think that everything has a simple solution, are happy with him because finally they understand the world around them.
Speaker 3: Previously they didn't.
Speaker 2: There is a huge population of people like this, and those people make up the most intense supporters of his and that's his base is people that think, oh, it's just this simple now, even though they're twenty, they're thirty, they're fifty, they're eighty, it doesn't matter. They've spent their lives going, well, that's real nice, sir. I'm glad you gotta find dollar words because I can't break that bill. They go, this guy can be in charge, and he talks the way I do, because if you read what Trump says as opposed to listening to it, sometimes it's completely incoherent in written form, but it makes sense because I.
Speaker 4: Can carry to him.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 3: But there you go. You can't even listen to the guy because it hurts your head. I can't out it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing I don't understand is that man has been.
Speaker 5: Speaking publicly for years in these business dealings and being on TV and now president, and I just can't.
Speaker 4: Listen to him the way he rambles, and and I don't know. I can't believe he's gone as far and hasn't had a public.
Speaker 5: Speaking of course, of all the money that he's blown over the years, but he would have been a good investment.
Speaker 3: But you would think so, but I don't think so. You know why he never knew why would he ever need it? Look, you have encountered in your life.
Speaker 2: I guarantee at some point a rich kid, Okay, an honest and honest to goodness.
Speaker 3: You look at this kid.
Speaker 2: You know he's never going to actually have to work a day in his life, and daddy's money is going to take care of him and his kids, no matter how many slack yawn fools he decides to pump out of his trophy wife. You know that guy is never going to have to work to feed those kids.
Speaker 3: He's set. And you've met a guy like that? Have you met one that's smart? Have you met one that has to.
Speaker 2: Put in effort at all except maybe make dad happy? But other than that, they have no other pressure in life?
Speaker 3: So how do they behave? Are they smart? People?
Speaker 4: Just?
Speaker 2: Just I want to know if you've met one, because I have a counter if you have, but few that were smart?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I met a guy, yeah dismassed. Okay, I'm amazed. I am literally amazed. Go ahead tell me.
Speaker 4: He was a trust fund baby. He went to NC State.
Speaker 5: He was in EG engineering courses, and while he was there, he heard a topic some guy came in to talk about aquaculture, and he started listening, and he thought, you know, this is a business that I could get into locally and probably do pretty good at.
Speaker 4: So when he graduated, he took some of his trust.
Speaker 5: Fund money and went and bought a bunch of property out here in the middle of the county. It's about maybe fifteen to twenty miles from here, and he built four catfish ponds, okay, and he started farm raised catfish.
Speaker 4: And he gets into it about.
Speaker 5: The first year and a half two years, and he's he's harvesting and he's having to send it off to a processor, and he thinks, you know, I'm spending a lot of money hauling fish all over the damn place to be processed. So he goes out here on the highway and builds his own processing plant and also puts a drive up the window there so that these fish fil a's that you're buying in all these major grocery stores you can buy locally ten pounds at a time by hitting the drive through window. The guy's done so well that now he makes his well, I guess he makes his pocket money being paid to go around and give these talks about how to get into aquaculture. His first year, he got two restaurants, Popeyes and I forget who the other one was to buy one hundred percent of his production. So he's producing this stuff, he has to send it off for processing. He gets smart, I can cut the middle guy out, do my own processing. All the profit is mine and the guy is worth a fortune now separate from what he trust fund. Baby guy was really smart about business. And when it came to aquaculture, the guy was a genius.
Speaker 3: That's one guy like that.
Speaker 2: And I swear to you, if you go back two or three years, you've told this story and almost exactly the same.
Speaker 3: And I guess how I know that. But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: How many more would you say that you've met? Because you met a few, you said, are are they like him?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Are they comparable?
Speaker 2: You don't got to give me details, just like, yeah, they're that kind of success, they're motivated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're comparable. I mean they were.
Speaker 5: They they filled themselves with education and they didn't stick to the normal things.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: They like they might have they might have their BS degree in mechanical engineering, but their PhD is in business, or they went to an engineering school and then went to law school, and now they're the guys that get called when a bridge collapsed and somebody wants somebody to sue. They're the guys that go in and do the you know, the analysis and the testing and things like that. And yeah, I've met you know, but it's a handful. And I've met a lot of people in my life. I mean, well, I've been around sixty five years. I've met a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Right right. That's that's why I'm asking a handful of those. Now, let me ask you this question. Are those guys from the south all of them?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'd say about half and half.
Speaker 3: Really, Wow, you've got a lot of I'd.
Speaker 5: Say half of them are from out west, places like Montana and Colorado and New Mexico and nice middle of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Okay. Any of them from the Northeast.
Speaker 4: Uh, Probably a couple, Probably a couple.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, all right. I gotta tell you, I run across maybe.
Speaker 2: I run across people who've had money, not that many, but I gotta say that it might be six or seven guys that I've run across in my life that I know for certain. Came into the world in the moneyed class. Okay, and I know that for sure. And those people that I've known in the Northeast, not a damn one of them would come close to that story you told. Not one of them would come close to being motivated enough to even seek out a business opportunity.
Speaker 3: Okay. They might take the reins of Dad's company when he dies, maybe or maybe not. But that's it. That's all they will ever do. And dumber than box of rocks is a good way to go as far as and I don't care what college degree they had.
Speaker 2: They're idiots, Okay, they clearly their degree as well, because they know nothing, and I mean they know nothing about the world around them. They know nothing about you know, they look at you surprised that you can't just go ahead and do something that they can do. Like they literally think the whole world.
Speaker 3: Functions the same way that they do, you know.
Speaker 2: And maybe two of them were you know, like private jet whenever I want it money, But the other ones, you know, millionaires of the moment they were born, and today they're probably sitting on you know, one hundred million dollars apiece if they're still alive, because I don't even see long lifespans for these guys. The way that they behaved and everything else, that's all I ever saw. So I have a completely different interface with that class of people than you do.
Speaker 3: And I mean, for example, but Donald.
Speaker 4: I was part owner of the ball team for a couple of years.
Speaker 5: Some of the guys that I would meet at the winter meetings and things like that, These guys, the best salesman in the world I have ever met, worked for.
Speaker 4: A sports franchise.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're not the guys out there, you know, making a million dollar selling cars or selling widgets. They're in a sports position where promote. I mean, the hardest thing I've ever had to do is sell season tickets to it for a team after a losing season. You know, nobody wants to Ah, yeah, they're in the basement. They've been in the basement a lot of't long waste my money.
Speaker 4: It's a hard sell.
Speaker 5: But some of the smartest salesmen I've ever met are all evaulved in sports because it's all show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've never met anybody personally like on an Elon Musk level, obviously, but the people that I'm telling you couldn't possibly even low. All the money that they that they you know, end up with by the time they reach adulthood. I've only ever seen absolute morons with that money. And the thing is, they talk like they're stupid, They talk like children, and they are very much representative of what I see in Donald Trump. I wonder if it's my prejudice because I've only ever seen idiots.
Speaker 4: With money.
Speaker 3: Who could have never made it for themselves.
Speaker 5: Don't assume it does seem that way when you look at a lot of these big money guys, you know, how in the hell did they get there?
Speaker 4: Well, it was all trust fun. I mean, it's I don't know, you wonder what people do with their money.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, like Elon Musk is not as brilliant as he appears. I got bad news for everybody. And you know you can tell me he's on the spectrum and everything else. But again, he's another guy who started out with a serious advantage in life. Whatever, you know, I better not say anything too bad about Elon. His lawyers will come after me. I've already been warned on X by the way for criticizing him. To his account anyway, he's got lawyers on there. You know that Anyhow, the thing is, I have never personally interacted I would love to personally interact with somebody who's brilliant and also has a fortune. I would love to see that because I would feel like, well, at least there's some justice in this, you know, where like you actually earn something and keep it because like I didn't know the generation that created stuff, I never knew them personally. Maybe it's just me, Okay, fair enough, you know, Danny, have you ever encountered like wealthy?
Speaker 3: Wealthy?
Speaker 2: And I do mean wealth the people like not you know, okay, I've got you know, five million dollars, not like something that you could easily pull in a common state lottery. Okay, but I mean the kind of money where you know that, you know, this guy's grandchildren are still going to be spending what he was handed because, you know, unless they do something entirely stupid, I mean with the money itself, and they're usually protected by a team of people they hire to protect themselves from their own money.
Speaker 3: That's what I saw. But I mean.
Speaker 2: You might have had an experience like b Pete. Maybe again it's just me. But in the Northeast, I'm telling you, these guys talk like this very simple. They they don't you know, they couldn't if you ask them to cook for themselves, they couldn't do it. They wouldn't even begin to imagine how to do it.
Speaker 3: These people.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Danny, but tell me, I mean, is you are you more with be beat or with me on this go ahead? Or maybe it's a mixed bag.
Speaker 6: I would be I would say it's more of a mixed bag. I mean, I would say the majority of people that I grew up, you knew who was wealthy, wealthy families and yeah, I let me let me think. Okay, it was one that I mean they were really really wealthy and the two sons were.
Speaker 4: Yeah they they.
Speaker 6: Could be idiots, you know they they were. Dad was in control of it. But I did know some families supposedly I was connected with farming where I mean it's a mixed bath. Some of the wealthier families, the one that like the father that built it all, or the grandfather and father built it all when he got down to the grandchildren, Yeah, sometimes they didn't want how to really run the run the ranch. You know, it was different. They were dealing with a different economy and they didn't have the smarts to keep it going because they could. They felt they could still spend and go. My brother went to college, and the school he went to he got connected. He somehow he got into fraternity that was quite well with a lot of wealthy people. And he told me, he go, there's people here. They have no clue what it is to not have money. I mean, they were just every holiday, every weekend. It was like, We're going to go on this elaborate trip. And my brother had explained, I don't have that kind of cash, you know, and they were kind of dumbfounded him, and they didn't seem to appreciate. I seen more smarter people, especially the real wealthy people. I mean some of them had trust funds. But I think the thing with Trump that his real gift is he's just gonna have been good at self marketing himself and he's and he's just had a big enough ego to to push a push through even though they can't. You know, I like, I'm deeping and listen.
Speaker 4: To them talk.
Speaker 6: But I'm more bothered by his policies. But yeah, I I've seen some of the sharpest people that you know, had had to work, you know, that had to push themselves.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 6: And I also thought some of the wealthy people had it. They almost had a two tier standard. It was kind of like they were above it, kind of like you know, hey, my my crap tastes like ice cream, and I'll eat a pound of in front of you just to prove it, you know. I mean I saw people like that at that kind of attitudes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in that sense, the majority of the wealthy people I have met have been that way.
Speaker 4: They think they're better than anybody else.
Speaker 2: Fine, oh yeah, okay, fine with the privilege. But here's the here's the other question about this. Because you're you're nuanced a little different than BPE. So I want to get hold of what your experience is because I want to make sure that we're talking about the same thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, because okay, you know, in the case of.
Speaker 2: Trump, he has this ability to convince people that he knows what he's doing even when he doesn't, which is fine, Fine, I get it, and that is part.
Speaker 3: Of what goes on. But you see, if you hand that same ability. Okay, remember that movie this.
Speaker 2: Is and I hate to use a movie to do this, but it is the best I got because I've never seen one of these guys like you know, end up trading places and end up you know, homeless.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've never I've never seen. But but forget about you. Yeah you knew, you knew it was coming, but I got a I got a weirder deep cut for you. I've never seen that happen. But remember mel Brooks.
Speaker 2: Did a movie called Like Life Stinks, where you know, yeah, he's a billionaire, right, and he's competing with this other billionaire and they're you know, going at each other.
Speaker 3: And this is years ago. I don't know what year it's from VPT.
Speaker 2: If you want to look up mel Brooks Life Stakes and get some details, go ahead, because I think this is super interesting. And mel Brooks is in the movie and he's you know, the main character, and he winds up sleeping on a cardboard box that was meant to hold Pepto Bismo and it ends up putting an imprint on his forehead and it calls him Pepto. The other homeless people start calling him Pepto. Now he's a billionaire and they tell him, look, we're going to take away your money, your wallet, your access to everything, you know, your I don't know if they had a cell phone then, but if they had one, they would.
Speaker 3: Have taken it.
Speaker 2: We're going to take away everything except the clothes on your back and send you into the streets, and if you can survive X amount of time, then I'll give you all of my companies and my billions. But if you can't, I get your billions right, We're going to have a winner take all thing here. And mel Brooks does this and ends up in the streets with you know, homeless people, and he was a billionaire, and you watch him go through there. Obviously they make it, you know, it's a it's meant to be comedic. So but the point is you watch this journey from a guy who has no clue what he just you know, decided to go do okay and all that, and then he eventually gets to a different point here and understands things a little differently and winds up I think, even taking the crazy, screaming homeless lady home to be his wife.
Speaker 4: But nineteen ninety one that's when it came out, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that is not the most popular mel Brooks movie, but to me, that's hilarious, you know. And another one of these like you know, see how you feel about it until you try it. Deal is, Brewster's Millions is another good one, Right, I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say, I remember Brewster's Millions. This one with mel Brooks.
Speaker 5: It had a thirteen million dollar budget and it only pulled in four point one at the box office.
Speaker 3: There you go. So it's a failed mel Brooks movie. But I loved it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you, I don't care what anybody paid for it or anything else. I thought it was great, not because it was you know, super spectacular sophisticated, but the premise was like, yeah, what would happen? And the reason why I had that attitude about that? And apparently maybe it's just, you know, maybe I just fell into some rare groove, or maybe the Northeast just produces people that suck, which you know, again would be another explanation for my declining audience.
Speaker 3: Why not, I can't help myself.
Speaker 2: But either way, I've never seen like second third generation rich guy who was not dumb as hell, and dumb as hell people are impressive to people that are even dumber.
Speaker 3: And you got to admit that we have look in order.
Speaker 2: To understand forget about IQ, but actual intelligence measurements which go beyond.
Speaker 3: IQ in our population.
Speaker 2: In order to have a top of the population on the IQ scale, you got to have a lower one. And there's even this concept at one point where they literally sent, you know, literally intentionally sent the dumbest people into Vietnam, Okay to see what would happen. And some people say that's why we lost the war. I don't agree with that, but we did lose battles quite a bit for a while when they sent, yeah, people that were intentionally not intelligent into the field. And in fact, I think that's when they just take a look at it. Some people refer to it as McNamara's morons. I'm not kidding. It is a thing that happened. And then they instituted in the military, We're not taking you if your IQ is so low, I forget.
Speaker 4: What it is.
Speaker 3: They set like you have to have like at least an IQ of eighty or something like that. I maybe BPTE. Do you know what that?
Speaker 2: Does this sound familiar to you, that like you had to not be below a certain IQ in order to be a volunteer or even drafted. Apparently, isn't that true that they just kind of like kick you if you're below a certain IQ.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know, I don't think that was in effect when I was in because we had some people that were dumb as rocks.
Speaker 2: But sadly, I think it might have been Tree, it might have been BEP. Let me say, I'm gonna go take a look. I'm gonna pull out my keyboard and ask the search engines.
Speaker 4: Well, it says, I don't know. It's confusing here. It says the.
Speaker 5: Military does not have a specific IQ requirement for enlistment. Instead, you have to pass the ASTHA test, which is, you know, a series of different sections that you've got to pass. And it says there's somebody else's asking about an IQ of eighty three?
Speaker 4: Is that the cutoff? So I'm not finding much on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just checking here.
Speaker 2: Let's see, for US military enlistment, an individual's cognitive ability is not measured by an.
Speaker 3: IQ test, but by a subset of Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's your as BAB right, the Arm Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
Speaker 3: That's as BAB right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Because the majority of jobs that they're filling, they don't need somebody with a PhD to you know, be a mechanic or a cook or a you know, an infantry member.
Speaker 4: If you can take orders and follow orders, that's the only thing to care about.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing about that test a disqualifying. The score on this test is typically below the tenth percent tile, which historically has been correlated with an IQ of around eighty three or lower. So instead of instituting an IQ test, which I argue is biased for various reasons, and it's not racial, so don't get on me. It's biased for a couple of different reasons.
Speaker 3: Okay. And I can tell you, as a visually.
Speaker 2: Impaired person, if you enlarge the test, you get a different score out of me. But anyway, and some people would say that's not fair, but then again, I'm still working with ten percent vision and only doubling the size of the test.
Speaker 3: So tell with you anyway.
Speaker 4: You never taken the ASVAM.
Speaker 3: I took something similar to it. I did take a military based test, but I don't think it was exactly that. It was some kind of it had batter Was there.
Speaker 5: A section where was there a section where they showed you an object like a cube or a cone or a a hex or like a Rubi's cube, and then they had four patterns of like if you took a card. Let's let's say if you took a Rubi's cube, okay, and each.
Speaker 4: Side was the flap on a box. Oh you flattened it out flat? Yeah? Yeah, did they have a section like that on it where you had to pick the right one?
Speaker 3: Indeed, it did well.
Speaker 4: Then you probably took the aspect test.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I did not think that's what it was, but it might have been given to me in an unofficial capacity, uh, because I took a battery of various tests.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was given that.
Speaker 2: But I was also given standard IQ test, age appropriate this and that, and yeah, they tested me a bunch of different ways. It was weird when I was younger because they thought I had cheated on the IQ.
Speaker 3: Test, which was it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hated those IQ tests or like the SATs and crap like that, because I would like this one test. I remember how many layers in a seven layer cake? Okay, but the picture that they show you of the cake with the slice cut out is frosted, and it's frosted between every layer. So I'd have to stop test glass and say, what the hell are they looking for. Here, it's a seven layer cake. If you count the frosting, it's fourteen fucking layers.
Speaker 4: What do you want?
Speaker 5: Fourteen isn't an answer. Well, just find the answer that best represents what you think is correct. Okay, Yeah, put the pencil down and walk out.
Speaker 2: This is the point at which I would just write in my own answers and I would say screw your rules, and stuff like that happened because they would give me stuff that I knew was incorrect. That was a test at one point, and I don't know what I scored on that, but the battery of tests proved I didn't cheat on the IQ test, which was the weird contention.
Speaker 3: No, there's no way because you know they didn't understand.
Speaker 5: Well, now, that's like it's like a lot of these state certification tests that you go and take.
Speaker 4: Oh, you got to take the test, but there's no trick questions.
Speaker 5: And I banged them on one and they had to change the test I was giving. It was a Rosa control relading and the office that I was in I was getting ready to leave, but they wanted all their guys qualified on this state test. So I went in and tutored them on the test, and while we were actually taking the test, I had the group break down and we answered that one question that I knew was a trick question with one each of the four different answers, and all four of the groups came back saying you got the question wrong, so we documented that, sent it in they changed the test.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's there's no trick questions, all right, my trick.
Speaker 3: Question exactly, Danny.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put you on hold because I just caught the Jimmy James over the line and I want to put him on while we have a few minutes left.
Speaker 3: Hang on, so we'll try and get Jimmy in.
Speaker 2: I saw you before, Jimmy, and then you were gone, so I don't know what happened, and I hope I didn't keep you on hold long. I'm sorry if I did. But anyway, anything you want to add to this discussion, or you want to bring something else up, it's all you.
Speaker 8: A little late, Pete, did you say as some paint question for me or something?
Speaker 3: Oh last week?
Speaker 5: He was at well, yeah, I'm still looking at your question from last week. I've not had a lot of time to get into it, and I'm falling down a rabbit hole. But I did want to congratulate your Detroit Lions on their game last week.
Speaker 4: That was an excellent game.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he still needs more time on answering your JFK questions.
Speaker 9: Jimmy, Sorry, well yeah, all right, yeah, but BP does against the Bears, so I don't even count that game.
Speaker 10: They might as well.
Speaker 8: They might as well have been playing little kids, don't don't They got ways to go before they proved squad to me as far as the FKA, now where we left it go off? As you say, if you thought that Task Force well, members of Test Force W were there causing diversions.
Speaker 10: And that's kind of where we cut it off, which I would say, yeah, I mean absolutely, I could see half the squad doing exactly that.
Speaker 8: Where's the other half?
Speaker 10: You know as well as I do any spot. It's got eight members, and this is a team, so I would assume ten.
Speaker 8: What do you think the other character's doing.
Speaker 10: I'm guessing badding and quite frankly incentivizing what I will call quote unquote volunteers to complete their part.
Speaker 3: Very interesting, MVP. You're still there, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 5: In fact, I was looking at one of the bookmarks for that I need to go in and read to see if I can answer you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna agree with with Jimmy. I mean, and we covered this last time.
Speaker 5: You know, so and so said they were there, and so and so said they were there, and this group said they were there, and these people said they were there, so they were probably definitely there. And I remember saying, well, yeah, were they there for a reason or were they there so that it can divert attention away from something else? And I think that's where we ended that discussion. But I like, right now I've got this the history up there at Spartacus about Task Force W.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's this is something that I never looked into.
Speaker 5: Much like I said, I was always in the photographic end of it, not the the data, the documents and all the dirty works of the CIA.
Speaker 4: I mean, hell, you bear yourself trying to follow all that.
Speaker 3: Right, right, Actually, I'm looking forward to right, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Well, a couple of weeks ago, did you guys, let me guess, neither one of you watched The cubean five nor the Umbrella Man?
Speaker 3: Did you? Well?
Speaker 2: I couldn't find Umbrella Man that worked for me because I went to one of the places that I thought would stream it, and it didn't stream it for me. It kept telling me this video is not available, so I don't know if I need to find another place to get it.
Speaker 3: To be too be to b B, Yeah, I think I try. All right, I will retry to be but that that's the Umbrella Man's on t B right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I'm gonna tell you right now the title is. You know, it's a pulse.
Speaker 4: Us.
Speaker 8: This movie has nothing to do with the Umbrella Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's mislead.
Speaker 8: I want you to watch. I want you to watch this film. It's a propaganda film and if it stays around and no addresses it, people's minds are gonna get worked by it. I want to be aware of it.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I'll do my best.
Speaker 4: It's on to B. I can watch it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well look VP, if you get it working, send me the proper link if you can, because I could not get the Umbrella Man movie to work because I went back to IMDb and I made sure I didn't go back to the Errol Morris thing and everything else.
Speaker 3: And I tried to click like you can watch it on TV. So I clicked that and tried to sign into TV and get it and it told me the video is unavailable.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what that means. Maybe I just had the wrong thing. But if you got a link, send it to me, Okay, because I'll see.
Speaker 5: I got TV on my TV on my streaming box. I'll tomorrow morning, I'll get up and see if I can pull it up.
Speaker 3: There you go. I'm also looking forward to Jimmy and you can't find.
Speaker 4: It down there.
Speaker 8: Look at YouTube. Almost anything that's on these streaming channels originates from boob tube.
Speaker 2: Really Okay, Well, I'm gonna quick look in YouTube right now because I have it open and just see if you know, maybe there's a version of it right on YouTube, because if there is, I'll go there.
Speaker 3: I'll put up with the eighty commercials or whatever. Let's see royalty free images.
Speaker 2: Who was the umbrella man JFK to dotor Mensory The New York Times, blah blah, Okay, watchful the mystery of the Umbrella Man at JFK's assassination That is on grunge.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Yeah, I'm gonna have.
Speaker 2: To compare it and make sure I got the right one, because these things are all probably misleading.
Speaker 4: Thumbnails I'd look at u too.
Speaker 5: But right now, I'm in the middle of the Virginia Florida State game, and Virginia is up, by the way, thirty five to twenty eight and the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Jimmy, you will want to read the white paper that Larry and David Boylin are coming up with as an addendum to the Oswald thing, by the way, because this is gonna be really fascinating, and it's gonna be you know, who actually showed interest in Oswald? Like who we can prove showed interest in Oswald now without a doubt. And I think there's gonna be more interesting stuff.
Speaker 8: And I got an interesting Hey is are the other shows on? Are we running over on them?
Speaker 3: Uh? We're probably about to let me see. Oh yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: I am actually, so I gotta get going and uh but go ahead and throw in the final word and I'll get to erin as soon as I can.
Speaker 8: What were you just saying, you said, Larry, And oh yeah, that whole Uh well, I pray to God they're wrong, because if the people they say are involved, we're involved, then God help us all we've got a little big problem.
Speaker 2: All there.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah, define get it and that's sorry. It's there, my friend, you dig.
Speaker 3: Listen, I hear you. And here's the problem.
Speaker 2: I haven't read it yet, so I don't know what's in it, but from what Larry said to me privately, he's gonna piss off a lot of researchers, so well scared.
Speaker 8: I'm honestly scared of what he's gonna say. I mean, God help us off.
Speaker 2: Is pretty much.
Speaker 8: Look if they end up saying, look, we think it was Phillips and we think it was Well Harvey, and we think it was Joe and Edy's and they patrolling Osbald, that's a big damn problem, A big, big, big damn problem.
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 8: Joe Edy's in particular was a fault. All I can say is, yeah, I'm excited and yet petrified.
Speaker 2: Uh, Jimmy, for once, you and I are in alignment, because yeah, and I just now received a copy. So I'm gonna take a look at the almost finished draft and I don't know what I'm going to do with it after that, because I'm not going to reveal it ahead of when Larry decides to publish it wherever it gets published or God help us all if it turns into a book again, because remember the whole Oswald Pieces Oswald Puzzle book was only meant to be a paper and ended up becoming a book. So and he said that he's had to revise a couple of things since then because of a couple of new releases, and here it goes again, so you know, but look, this is the evolution of things.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Jimmy, I thank you for calling in.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you called in earlier and you hung up, so I was hoping to get to you earlier and then I didn't see it, and that's my fault, and I apologize. I want to quickly say goodbye to Danny if I can before we close, and give him a chance to give like a final thought.
Speaker 6: Well good night, everybody, wish you well, and hey, keep up the good work. I liked the analysis on the news. I'm just trying to give you some feedback and enjoy it, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Danny.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you and really appreciate the feedback especially, so thank you again, and be Pete, go ahead and give us a final word and I'll just play the closing music and get to Aaron because the Age of Transitions comes up next on Ochelli dot com Radio.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, okay, thankful for another week. Thanks to Jimmy and Danny for calling in. Go to Chilli dot com, hit the donate button. Every little bit helps and we'll see it.