Speaker 1: We are live at the Justin Turner eighth Annual Golf Tournament. Justin Turner has tried to blow up every single interview that I have done here today He's got a you know, a baby gift in his arms right there. I don't know what he's up to, but you know, I know I'm not Petros or money. But I'm supposed to be hosting this reception tonight. A late call on the back nine where he went to the bullpen. I'm not really sure who backed out where they needed me to host this reception and live auction. But David Vassy is in the saddle. Even though my guy, Justin Turner has tried to blow up every single interview at this golf tournament today, Hey there, he is the host with the most Justin Turner, LA's favorite son.
Speaker 2: Listen, David, I I'm going to take all the credit for your career. I think when I first became a Dodger in twenty fourteen is when Dave Assay and Dodger Talk kind of first came on the map. And I always make fun of you until you have a face for radio, but you are.
Speaker 3: Coming through in the clutch tonight.
Speaker 2: You're gonna host the dinner event for the foundation because I want to expand your career and give you an opportunity to spend some more.
Speaker 3: Time on TV.
Speaker 2: I want to get you out of the out of the little media well and maybe we.
Speaker 3: Can get you up in the booth to do a game.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get you on sports Net. Let's get you on TV. We can bump who can we bump.
Speaker 1: Hart tongk or Hartng one of those guys.
Speaker 2: Give them, give them a day off, and let's let's get mass A in the booth for a game, and and see what you got?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you? So you feel like tonight is my moment, like eminem, here's my opportunity. One shot. I better not blow it?
Speaker 3: Is that is that throw up on your sweater? Are you nervous?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the movie? Yes, he does throw up.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's how I feel right now.
Speaker 3: That was a reference. Yes, I'm all in okay, Yes in Detroit, Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: We're in sure what it's very similar.
Speaker 2: I don't know what a day to day though, what a great day, My goodness, the weather couldn't have been any better.
Speaker 1: And I think that was God shining down on you and Courtney for all the great work you've done starting from when you began with the Dodgers. What does it mean to you to have former current guys that you play against show up to support your foundation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was fantastic, I think.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously, my nine years as Dodger has been up and I've bounced around to a couple of different places over the last couple of years, and I think the one thing that that's done, other than giving me opportunities and kind of expanding court and eyes traveling and exploring the country and even other countries in Canada, but it's allowed us to make a lot more relationships around the league. And you know, this was always a very Dodger heavy event, and it still has a very heavy Dodger presence here, but we've been able to expand out and there's you know, guys from the Ray and guys hitting coach from the Orioles and Seegers with the Rangers now and guys from all over the league. Cal Rally come down from Seattle to join us, and Pico Armstrong yeah here up, and Johnny de Luca is out here.
Speaker 3: So it's really.
Speaker 2: Kind of spreading and getting around the league, and we're just trying to get more and more guys out here to make it a great experience for for all of our supporters who come out every year and donate to the foundation and really are the backbone of Court and I being able to have such an impact on the community. So, uh, it's been awesome. James Loney's here, Travis Darnot's here, a new Angel. So we got guys Josh Satin, former New York met so Ike Davis, former teammate of mine. So there's guys I'm looking at, Jared durand Boston Red. Yeah, so's he's a wild card. Did you throw a golf club out there?
Speaker 3: No, that's my guy. He's a great guy.
Speaker 1: Long beach steak guy.
Speaker 2: Amazingly, we got along very well for him. Bey Mean and a cal State fowarting guy. But he made the drive up from Huntington Beach this morning, so I think it took him like two hours and forty minutes and he still made it out here. So just so thankful for all these guys and appreciative of their support, and obviously you know everyone who's out here sponsoring the event coming out playing and allowing us to really impact people's lives.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful Justin Turner and his wife Courtney Turner keeping the foundation alive here in Los Angeles and expanding all over the country. I was wondering, and fans are wondering, what were your thoughts watching the Dodgers World Series celebrate and getting the parade. I know a lot of people in the world these days have fomo, but I never got that impression from you.
Speaker 3: Well, you're wrong. It's definitely fomo. You know.
Speaker 2: That was something that as long as I had been with the Dodgers, I talked about it openly. Wanted to bring back a championship for this city and wanted to give him a parade, And in that drought and the fact that we got to do that in twenty twenty, but didn't get to celebrate it the right way, it definitely still left a bad taste in my mouth. It's still something that I want to experience, not discounting the championship at all, but wanted to feel what it's like afterwards to get that treatment from the city, from the fans, celebrate it the right way, and you know the fact that they got it done this year, I think is huge, and I think the city deserves it. I think the city felt cheated out of it in twenty twenty. So obviously they showed up in droves and the parade was great. The guys got to do it. I got to talk to a few of them here today and just ask them what it was like, and you know, it was everything I thought it would be, and more so, hopefully I got a few more years in me and we can make a run and I'll get to enjoy one of those.
Speaker 1: That would be special. And it felt like a lot of those teammates that were with you in twenty they were referencing guys like yourself saying this is for them as well. We wish they were here as well to experience that. I know that's not the same, but how much did you appreciate they were thinking of you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was great, And you know, I've had a lot of people ask me like, why weren't you guys there?
Speaker 3: You guys should have came up.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think a few of the guys that I've talked to from the twenty twenty team that weren't on the twenty four team, you know, we still talk and we were falling along, we were watching the series, and I think we all had kind of the same thought, like, listen, like this isn't about us and the twenty twenty team, Like they got it done this year.
Speaker 3: They're champions. None of us want to go up there and take anything away from what they did this year.
Speaker 2: So it was as nice of a gesture as it was from fans and you know, media and people reaching out saying, oh, you.
Speaker 3: Guys should be here, you guys should be celebrating. You know. I just don't think it was appropriate like this.
Speaker 2: This was about the twenty twenty four team and what they accomplished and winning the tournament, which I think is as a Dodger player who was here for nine years, nine playoff appearances and only won one championship, truly appreciate how hard it is to win that tournament and be the last one standing.
Speaker 1: So, hey, Dodger, those of them Dodger fans aren't closing the door on you. You still want to play, even though I'm getting tweets about you being the first base coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they don't even they don't even want me to announce my retirement.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: I come coach first base, and I'm like, dude, I still got some good years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I am not retiring. I'm still playing and I will be out there this year. So no, I'm I'm not taking interviews for the.
Speaker 1: First base job. For the player coach. You could be like Pete Rose without the betting.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, we want to talk about betting?
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds good. Hey, before I let you go, you're a big sports fan. I've been itching to ask you about the Tyson Jake Paul fight. Did you watch it? And did you think that was fixed? Because now I'm looking back, feels like Jake Paul was kind of maybe not taking it as hard as he might have Tyson. Did you were you let down by the fight? And did your Wi Fi go out like ours? Or the buffering?
Speaker 2: I was frustrated that I had to keep refreshing my Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, watch that, And.
Speaker 2: I think obviously there's a lot of stuff going around the internet on what's what and what's going on, but I think some of the incentives are were very very I guess revealing to the fact that they wanted the fight to go eight rounds, they wanted it to go to decision and I think that made everyone a lot happier financially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it did, and that's the unfortunate part. I think I would love to see.
Speaker 2: Them go at it and just have all things equal and see what happens no matter what. But you know, it is what it is. It's an entertainment world. It's an entertainment business. Jake Paul's an entertainer, and you know, I think they're going to have to start putting on some better shows though, if they're gonna want people to tune into his future fights.
Speaker 1: Well said, great to see you out here. Thank you for having us out here, and I'm looking forward to hosting the live auction and the reception. I'm looking to get you and the Foundation more money than ever earned before in this live auction. I will get it for you. I'm going to deliver for you.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I tell you this every time I talk to you, and I give you probably a harder time than anyone I've ever been around in this game. But Court and I love you. We thank you for your support. We're so happy you're up here doing the show, and we appreciate you. We appreciate everything you do for us, and I'm happy to call you a good friend of mine.
Speaker 1: So damn, JT. You do so much for everybody. People need to start doing stuff for you. Because you give, you need to start receiving.
Speaker 3: So no, no, we'll always give.
Speaker 1: Small, small portion right here.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: We love you, JT. You know, LA loves you, will always love you. And somehow, some way you'll be back with the Dodgers. Not this year, not over yet.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't know. I'm a free agent.
Speaker 1: Hey, you never know, you know. Hey, all right, JT, thanks a lot, thanks having us there, he goes Justin Turner. We're gonna take a social media photo here to make it official.
Speaker 3: Can we put in?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Justin Turner is the best looking forward to this. Hey, my pleasure. Thank you, all right, Justin Turner. The Justin Turner Foundation eighth Annual Golf Tournament. We're gonna keep things rolling, kind of like the Wolf of Wall Street. We're not going anywhere. We're not going anywhere. That's right. Hey, we're seeger he said he would do this. Let's go. All right, We're gonna continue with more right here from Sherwood Country Club on a five to seventy LA Sports