Speaker 1: Hey truly. Yeah, it's Tuesday, August nineteen, twenty twenty five. It's seven forty two am for me, Why are we doing this so early? Welcome to the Giant BombCast.
Speaker 2: We were talking about Kirby at seven forty our time, brother.
Speaker 3: Ket Cheap, all right, I'll go.
Speaker 1: I'll go like talk about Kirby Orris at my own time.
Speaker 4: But Welcome to the Giant BombCast, presented by MSI. I'm your host, Jen Ohoa uh, slowly waking up, but he's he's ready.
Speaker 1: At the crack of dawn and even a little bit before that.
Speaker 5: Captain of the Ship, Jeff gru I'm wired. I'm wired, Jan ready to go.
Speaker 4: He's our man in the mainframe. He is within all the systems. He's got his tendrils, and he's seeking data. Jeff Beckler, that's right. I am addicted to data. That is the only purpose I have in life. I scour the universe looking for data.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know that's a fucking storyline. Uh.
Speaker 4: He's constantly facetiming every single person he's ever met, and that's not awkward at all or not out of character.
Speaker 2: Dan Reiker, I'm right clicking every camera and drone in the United States and commandeering it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you gotta drop down then, you bro.
Speaker 2: I gotta drop down in you can just do that. You just right click everything. It's great Amazon Primary, it's the future Delivery.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: He's the baby daddy of the podcast. Your father doesn't respect him until he flies a drone through an office and delivers one.
Speaker 1: USB drive of games media.
Speaker 4: Also, sorry for spoiling the Amazon movie War of the Worlds.
Speaker 1: You can't spoil the nothing. We'll prepare you for it, naughty.
Speaker 3: It turns out it's all about family before we Familia is what they say before we go to the world.
Speaker 4: Now, now, before we get to the band's gang, we are presented by MSI, and I do want to give a special shout out. You'll hear more about that later on in the first ad break. Unless you're a Giant Bomb Premium member. But if you are heading to Pax West, MSI is going to have a booth number one one zero nine and they're rolling out the latest and greatest cutting edge graphics cards, brand new MOBOs, and high performance components.
Speaker 1: But yo, yo, yo, yo yo.
Speaker 4: Because you're part of the gang, our gang, you roll up to that booth and you you whisper to him like, yo, yo, giant Bomb sent me You're gonna be enter to win a brand new shiny MSI Mobo and other free stuff.
Speaker 1: So if you're.
Speaker 4: Heading packs west at the gang at ms I and Holly that you would roll with us.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I put this movie on because you guys forced.
Speaker 1: Me to us.
Speaker 2: All we all got together in the last few days and we all separately or actually Mike kind of watch with me, uh, the.
Speaker 5: Same time as you guys. But I was on my phone in bed, so I couldn't like actually watch you stream it, So I was watching in spirit.
Speaker 2: Do you have headphones in or you just are you disrupting the sleep of others in your household?
Speaker 5: I had headphones in, yes, no, yeah, I was like, I'm gonna try. I couldn't put it down.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: It is uh well, yeah, I did send letterboxed grub. You gave it five stars. I gave it the lowest possible score, a half star.
Speaker 1: I did not. I did not rate it zero stars.
Speaker 2: I think you just said this is insulting.
Speaker 3: I just stars.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile, Mike Manatti calls me at two in the morning, uh, and defending the film. No, yeah, no, I was.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I was ever more upset at a poll than when you asked your chat if this movie was worse than Love on a Leash and like it was almost a landslide saying that War the World's was worse than Loving the Leash.
Speaker 5: Something that's a skill issue. You guys are bad at watching bad movie. Wait, I've never respected Jeff Grubb more like over a decade.
Speaker 3: I've noted that when he came out and gave this movie five stars.
Speaker 2: I love this movie exists, you know, but I maybe the worst thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: No, you know, I think it's amazing it exists. Actually, no, I I don't think this movie does not deserve the ironic.
Speaker 5: No, it's so good at like being a bad movie.
Speaker 1: Think it qualified. I don't think it qualified. I I'm I don't want this made me want to destroy beautiful things. That's art, baby, hurt you the most, beler, I it is. It is insulting on a level that I'm that. I'm I don't like it's propaganda. Let's be clear, like it's straight up propaganda. I guess, I mean, I don't even it's a pro surveillance state.
Speaker 2: And pro Amazon movie.
Speaker 5: It's actively pro Amazon, and it definitely says like, look, the problem isn't the surveillance state, it's the wrong people are using it because the government had you were giving to be amazed, you were.
Speaker 1: Giving it so much credit. You are ingucting a level of cerebral consciousness. Note of these are good. That's not a good point.
Speaker 5: That's a terrible thing to say, Like.
Speaker 1: Like I don't understand, Like at the same time, we deserve this movie, okay, Like we deserve this, like you know what I mean, Like things are where they're at, where this should be what is good for you know what I mean? Like I like that's I think the thing that I the conclusion I drew at the end of this was like, oh, we're getting this because it's what we deserve. It's as a society. For me, it's a bad movie.
Speaker 5: Enables you to like see the seams, so you can kind of stick your head in and like take a peek around it, Like there should be something here, right, they should have built something good here, and instead there's.
Speaker 1: Just nothing, and so he kind of like invites you to like look around.
Speaker 5: So the fact that it's propaganda is like kind of a good thing because then you get to like see how propaganda works because it's because it's so bad at everything it's doing. And then every line ice Cube says, it's the funniest thing I've ever heard, because I can't believe they forced him to look at a camera lens.
Speaker 1: It's for ninety minutes, insane.
Speaker 5: And then when god, when he gets in the ship or whatever he's in at the end of the movie like Independence Day, I like, couldn't it down do.
Speaker 3: Microwave crawl when he says, move, bitch, get out the way.
Speaker 1: Is not even his.
Speaker 5: And you can tell that that was like a pickup line because like they don't have him actually say it in the movie, so it's like happening like when you can't see his mouth. They're like, this is a good one. We got one here, guys.
Speaker 2: Wait, does he go on to an alien ship?
Speaker 1: No, he goes into like a data center whatever.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he's like sitting in the like a seat though, and he looked looks like he's like piloting something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually took real footage of catastrophes and stuff, and he was like, does at this.
Speaker 1: Point you're gonna be mad at that, at least films I'm supposed to be mad at that. I can't even like process that like A supposed to be upset that they like licensed someone's disaster footage. I don't know, am I supposed to be mad at that? I have no idea at this point? Well, like I what.
Speaker 4: Jan, there's a lot of like pro Amazon proper paganda, and I may I may catch some heat for this. This this what I'm about to say. But Yo, if my daughter is an award winning scientist that creates like a viral code to hack DNA, i'd be upset if she was dating and had a baby daddy that was an Amazon delivery driver.
Speaker 2: Important thing by this movie in twenty twenty five is would you accept his Facebook friend request?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Look, that actually doesn't even bother me all that much because like this a lot of a social network.
Speaker 1: This movie is so.
Speaker 5: Like made for millennial like dads that have no taste.
Speaker 1: Oh is this a dad movie? Is this a dad movie?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 5: Trey wants to be really bad. It's like, like, what are they gonna do there? They're gonna use like tiktosk like the dad like Paul Riker might understand Facebook, like you would hate this movie. I get that you would hate it, but but he might understand like Facebook versus like any other social network they would have used there.
Speaker 1: So I can't I get that. You know, when you when you when you grub, you might be able to speak to this more than anyone else. You know, when you like meet a bunch of dads and they're all just like, just see this new movie and you know it's slop, and they're all like, and they're all like.
Speaker 5: Gonna get talked about when I dropped the kids off at school. Yeah, And they're all like, I thought it was pretty good. And then you're sitting there saying like it's something that did you have a brain injury?
Speaker 1: That you eat some bad Like what what do you mean? I don't even think this is going to clear that bar, Like I don't. I don't meant for that audience for sure, I don't. I don't know. It's top ten on Amazon. Baby, I can't believe they put credits on the Like, could you imagine you want to be credited on this?
Speaker 5: The nerve?
Speaker 1: How dare you put HG. Fucking Wells's name on this?
Speaker 3: What do you mean, it's based off of.
Speaker 1: This fucking what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: How dare you? I think I think that this is a movie for people who can kind of hate movies now, which is maybe a big part of why I like to like. Yeah, I think it's what This sucks in a lot of ways. Yeah, I think about a lot of movies people also like these days suck in similar ways. They're bits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what movies.
Speaker 2: Some people like are similar to that?
Speaker 5: To me, spair it has the plot structure and like the character characterization of all the characters around the main character. The fact that it's propaganda. All that stuff is like just most Hollywood blockbuster pictures.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how much you're using that propaganda word by you.
Speaker 5: So blatantly propaganda.
Speaker 1: But but I think you're giving it an undeserved sort of.
Speaker 3: Like it's like a new Jurassic World movie came out and made a billion dollars, right, that was okay?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if you can convinced me that's better than this, jan I don't know, Wait.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about movie these days? Like?
Speaker 3: I just saw weapons and I thought that was okay. Think let me say this is a mething. I have not see weapons. I will never see weapons. I don't know what it's about. I promise you that if I saw weapons, I would not enjoy it as much as.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed war propaganda. You know, chat is right, propaganda is too high of praise for them, like you're talking about this is this movie is great, abysmal in a way that is used as torture. This could be used as torture in certain circums.
Speaker 2: When I think of propaganda, I think of actual like you know, war stuff and new stuff, but like consumerism, yes, but it's it's.
Speaker 5: Right, but it's a Corporaterism repeats the propaganda that's been fed to it. So like that that's what this is. This is part of the propaganda machine. But like so is every Hollywood movie that's not some like weird, like it just happens because someone's like I'm gonna write this. Who should be the bad guy? I don't know the government? But like what we really trying to say here? I'm going to say something.
Speaker 1: It's it's base. It does feel like you gave it ai a prompt and was like movie.
Speaker 3: Right, Like I'm pretty sure aif the script for.
Speaker 4: This h ice Cube's boss in the movie, like the DHS dude that is really running when he's first introduced into the film, he's sweating. It looks like he just finished having a little j O session by himself.
Speaker 5: The weird corners and replied that he's like just from the gym and like immediately came to the snow.
Speaker 1: I like the part where it's like they were.
Speaker 4: Clear so much surveillance that dude is getting fucking freaky.
Speaker 1: All right, oh so much ship.
Speaker 5: You're right, I'm on board now. I like the part where it's like clearly that they needed and to say something different, but they didn't want to get him back that would they have to pay him money, So they just had the buffer of the video be really bad so that the lips didn't have to sync up to what he was saying. It's like, oh my god, there's so much in this movie.
Speaker 2: The people that don't know what this is and just hear us ranting about this immiately. Keep in mind this is all a movie on zoom calls and just face the windows and Google Maps and Amazon.
Speaker 6: Com people have made good versions of that was very good, Like it's like a it's a small genre, but like it has been done effectively.
Speaker 1: Yes, this movie is beneath everything it is. It is, it is insanely on a level.
Speaker 3: I think it's the movie we deserve. I think it's the movie I just said that.
Speaker 1: I said that a few minutes ago. We absolutely deserve. I also don't understand how like every brand was like yep, go ahead, Spotify. I know, but I think at some level they do because you still want to align and you still want to like license out your thing up against something that you don't have to have nightmares about for the rest of your life. I just think there's certain there's a certain threshold that you're willing to accept, and I am kind of maybe because Amazon was like sort of the driving forces the thing. I don't know. I just find that crazy. I can't tell if this movie costs forty dollars or a million dollars, like I don't, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I saw Fantastic Four like the other weekend, and I thought, yeah, that was that was good. That was fine. I think there's I think there's so much more. Maybe is not the word. I'm much happier this movie exists. That EBCU movie number forty seven or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on that. Mic, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's necessarily No, I'm not a brave take, but I read it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't be watching this and talking about it than I have literally any Marvel movies. So I am with you on that.
Speaker 1: Stacey said this last night after I was I came back to the bed and I was visibly shaking, and she's like, what happened? What happened to you? And I'm like, I've had to watch that War the World movie that and I hoped I was hoping you made her watch it too. Come on, I'm a good husband. And she's like, she's like, wow, really makes you appreciate something like a Sharknado where you're like, wow, yeah, you're kind of right, like this is beneath any sci fi movie, sci fi channel movie, Like you look at a Sharknoon and you're like, oh, all of a sudden, Sharknado is kind of a Picasso I guess if you're directly comparing it to what this film at least, and.
Speaker 5: I don't know, that makes Sharknado kind of cynical and like hard to watch for me. Because it's like no.
Speaker 1: One's actually far gone. Yeah, like no.
Speaker 5: One's like really trying here, like yeah yeah yeah, that real aspect there has to be like a.
Speaker 2: Legitimate there has to be earnest and that's why the room stuff.
Speaker 1: Renew the room.
Speaker 5: Yes, that is.
Speaker 3: That is that's my actually like strongest dance there is. The people think that this movie isn't so bad, it's good. Oh come on, this is so and that that.
Speaker 5: Is literally, I mean it's a skill issue, like you're bad at watching bad movies.
Speaker 1: You gotta come on down on our level and enjoy this.
Speaker 5: Shit because it's I don't precious. I don't want that skill.
Speaker 1: I don't think I want that skill.
Speaker 5: I don't feel good. It's so much fun.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Well, I think even though we are on the polar opposites of our letterbox ratings, I think we are coming at it from the same spot. We both think it's a bad movie, and I rated it as a movie being bad. But I love that it exists and it was very fun to watch and talk about.
Speaker 5: In some ways, a five stars closer to a half star than it is to like it just sort of start against like wrap around, right, I'm enjoying it so much because it's bad, and yeah, like your assessment is like objectively fair. I enjoyed it five stars worth, and you're going to probably watch this movie again another fifteen times.
Speaker 1: On the parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for really, I think not too long about how like Netflix or like the streamers were like intentionally trying to start making creative that would be good for second screen viewing, like stuff that you just don't even have to pay attention to and it just exists in the background while you're on your phone or whatever. And like this almost feels like something like that, where it's like it would just exist in the background. People like, yeah, I don't know, there's aliens in ice Cube and whatever feel terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I uh, the whole time I was watching this. I put this movie on last night, and my partner just goes, why the fuck are you watching this? I thought you said this was supposed to be terrible. I just quietly look over her and just say Dan told me to. She just nodded her head and.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, okay, sure, but there's a crime. I just say it was like an actual illegal crime and people should be made to pay for it. One hundred percent I think that we could do this movie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well right, and it is public domain right the world, Like we could just shoot a thing and put it on YouTube and call it War of the World's.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's here's what we do, all right. We just go for like half of a regular bomb cast. So that's like ninety minutes already. We'll just improv the whole thing, right, and then we'll go in later and edit it.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you put some aliens in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's afterwards, So steal seeds.
Speaker 3: From the movie Wore the World recording one?
Speaker 2: Right now? Can we all just get some quick pickups of Jane can use you.
Speaker 3: Surprising?
Speaker 1: Okay? Dan, Dan, I need you to take that again.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna type ready, so damn Oh that's crazy, no.
Speaker 3: Man, okay, all right, I can I do the right clicks?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Ah, go to hell alien, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what I got, all right, Give Jane more to work with. Come on, Mike, give him some stuff I want.
Speaker 3: To do, mostly like concerned looks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he touches his glasses for forty minutes.
Speaker 3: This is an audio podcast it sounds of concern.
Speaker 1: Ah, there was one realistic thing in this movie.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, okay, now we need a little bit of diversity here. Jeff Backler in a in like a foghorn leghorn accent.
Speaker 1: Can you say, baby, don't do it.
Speaker 7: Don't go, oh baby, baby don't I said, bravery, don't go baby, this.
Speaker 4: All of this, yeah, yeah, this is great.
Speaker 2: Put yourself in. Put yourself in.
Speaker 1: I'll just quote Ice Craber.
Speaker 4: No, take your intergalactic gases back home.
Speaker 3: There you got.
Speaker 2: Okay, move, bitch, get out the way.
Speaker 1: Back. Can I have you take that? But in a in the foghorn leg horn, please move, bitch, get off the way. Now.
Speaker 4: Now, Mike, I need you to do like a very quiet like take your glasses off and.
Speaker 1: Go move bitch, get out the way. Okay, but sad.
Speaker 3: Move bitch, get out of the way.
Speaker 2: Get out of the way.
Speaker 3: We are now all involved in this.
Speaker 1: The war of the world.
Speaker 4: He said, I hate this War of the World's Okay, Actually I need you to say a war of the world's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the War of the world's.
Speaker 4: Heckler, Oh man, it's the war. No, no, no, no, no, you're breaking character. Come on, you want.
Speaker 1: I suppose this is the war of the World's.
Speaker 3: More harry carry than.
Speaker 2: The data is training drained.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that scene is what actually sealed it for Yes, you scene your memories are deleting was sick. It was so sick like Starfire. No, it's like this weird white guy right it away from the camera. Man, this movie owns.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that is the only believable thing I'll say is that the government would use teams. That's boy.
Speaker 3: Chat really didn't like it. What I said that I will never see weapons. I have already decided I like this movie more than insane.
Speaker 4: Who directed the last thing? Who directed this movie?
Speaker 1: I think it's Rich Lee is the criminal? Now? Yeah, Facing twenty five to Life. Yeah, he's got the Steve Bushimi mask on from conn Air.
Speaker 2: Just google this guy and right away, just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, thanks, Okay, all right, well, this is a video game podcast.
Speaker 2: He's a Michael Bublay music video director. Music videos for Michael Boo Blay, Maroon five, and The Black Eyed Bes.
Speaker 1: Oh, he did the eminem video for Venom.
Speaker 4: I just oh, christ all right, well hey video games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeff, you know that I probably look. I know it's a filing. You know that I probably wouldn't like.
Speaker 5: Weapons, right you, Mike wouldn't like Weapons.
Speaker 1: You would have about it?
Speaker 3: Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: Has anyone seen it?
Speaker 1: I'd like to, I'd like to.
Speaker 5: I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 2: It was tremendous.
Speaker 3: It's a very well made movie.
Speaker 1: I like Zach Krieger a lot. He's he's very good.
Speaker 2: I like this betteran Barbarian, I love.
Speaker 3: Dan, you know how you like you? You left Hambletonny or like, well, they're all very good their jobs. That would be my if I left the weapons or.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, totally the same as weapons. Mike Manatti, yesterday on the website, you played SpongeBob SquarePants the Cosmic Shake.
Speaker 3: See here, I can't be watched weapons or Sinners or Barbarian. I gotta play SpongeBob SquarePants games.
Speaker 5: You would like sers?
Speaker 1: Did you see Naked Gun?
Speaker 2: You had Sinners kicks ass too? Oh Naked was amazing? Oh you did?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, okay, you're not that far gone. Okay, No, I'm not. I trust me.
Speaker 3: I look, I played, I'm playing it up. Something was the Actually I don't know singlely, but I guess I just assume Weapons is going to be violent and weird.
Speaker 1: From the trailers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, this is not gonna be my thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah you see that. It's about kids disappearing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, basically just the premise, this is no spoilers, it's literally it's on the poster is at two seventeen in the morning, there's a classroom of eighteen kids, seventeen of them and just run out of their house and they're never seen again. They're like running out and they have this creepy run with their arts I got Neruda run type thing, and there's all these like ring cameras and stuff, and at the exact same time, seventeen out of eighteen of these kids, in the middle of the night left their house in the Potamas and just sprinted into the night, and the whole town is like, what the fuck happened?
Speaker 3: And it's a very setup.
Speaker 2: It pays off in an incredible like I thought like, oh, is this gonna be some weird, stupid payoff or confusing thing. No, it all the payoff is awesome. The movie is excellent.
Speaker 3: They're all going to play City Trials.
Speaker 4: Also based on a true story, right, oh yeah, who is it?
Speaker 3: A pineup under the sea? It's like, so I played that remake of Battle for Bikini Bottom not too long ago. I like that a lot. That is just a very good, sort of slightly simplified Mario sixty four, like right where you have these worlds and they're relatively nonlinear. It's like collect as many gold spatulas as you need to unlock the next area and stuff like that. I just like that sort of setup. Thought it did a good job with the SpongeBob license. It was a beloved game for that game cube. And then the remake happened, and I thought the remake looked really good. So I enjoyed that quite a bit. That remake was such a success that they made just a new SpongeBob squerpans three D platformer, the Cosmic Shake, that came out a few years ago, and I hadn't touch that. I've been meeting to. So yeah, I played some of that on a Mega Man Monday evening gaming at Mike at night, and I enjoyed it. I don't think it's as good as Battle for Bikini Bottom. They make the structure, you know, at least in the two hours I played much more linear. You know, there were collectibles, but it seems like it was much more do the goal of the level and then go to next level, unless like you know, get this many thingy so you can unlock the next thing.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: So structure wise, not as but there's also I don't want to complain about talking at SpongeBob Squaerpants games, like there's an insane amount, but there was too much. There's like every ten minutes they're interrupting the gameplays just so I could talk to a character and hear a joke that maybe will land, maybe won't. But it still felt pretty good. For one of these. It looked great. I thought I captured the look of the shows and the even especially those more three Dy movies really well. You know, it did a good job of being a licensed game, right. I was like, ah, yeah, I'm just surround by the SpongeBob stuff that even I somebody who hasn't watched it really in fifteen years or whatever, getting you know, getting decent chuckles and doing the Leonardo pointing thing because I understood that reference sort of stuff. So yeah, I was adoying. I think if you haven't played any of these, you should just get rehydrated first, for sure. But I like it, and they're making another one that they announced a bit ago, so I'm curious to see what they do with that.
Speaker 5: And they've been kind of like consistently making various games. They have the Patrick Star game, which a little bit more goat simulator that that was a lot of fun too, So they're doing right by this series.
Speaker 4: They're also putting out a like Haites like in the near future I believe, really Nicholas.
Speaker 3: The whole Nickelodeon thing, right thing Yeah, rightob like dice something I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, But Mike, if you could spoil a little bit of this story destiny, why is Patrick Starr a little balloon guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you find some like you find like a fortune tower lady and you buy special bubbles from her that like make your wishes come true, and you blow too many of them and you alter the fabric of reality and a bunch of people disappearing at to find them and opens portals other worlds. Right, so that's you know why you have the levels. But yeah, Patrick's also just turned to a balloon. It's just that he can kind of be a navvy.
Speaker 1: He's just a luma.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just like he's your side character there I love that voice.
Speaker 1: Actor, I love his voice. I forget the name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's he's been on a few things. He was like, what's his name's dad? On How I Met Your Mother?
Speaker 3: He was a Jason Siegal's dad, and yeah, I popularly hard and hunchback of Not Your Dog because he has a very small part as just one of like the Dofiss Soldiers early and he just is exactly doing the Patrick Square voice for it.
Speaker 2: Before that, I just googled him. Is this dabber from Coach?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, from Coach? Yeah.
Speaker 5: I forgot about him being on Coach, which is where I actually know him from.
Speaker 1: You all remember Coach, right, you know I do a bad Patrick start to annoy my kids. Hey how you doing? Oh?
Speaker 5: She immediately looks at me so mad. Yeah, basically, yes.
Speaker 4: I remember last Comic Con we had the at our little booth. We had the SpongeBob cast come in and it was just amazing see them all just like snap into character and just starts singing out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: His name is Bill uh a group donkey. He's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I think of Coach, I also think of the Great Pantheon of shows like Coach Becker.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 8: Court at least twenty years later than That's why it's a great pantheon, is why you know the brushmore of just those two Murphy Brown Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was Wings?
Speaker 3: Did they work at an airport or were they they worked at a small say the Cheers universe?
Speaker 1: Do you okay?
Speaker 4: You know I don't mean to bring this back to War the World?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: Do you think we could make slash fake a sitcom that is all in that style?
Speaker 1: Easy? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You just literally have three cameras, that's it?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: Three? Yeah? No, no, no, no, no no, we don't even need three cameras. We we have I wanted screen style.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, we're gonna do War the worlds for for Wings for everybody had to just.
Speaker 3: Make a sitcom like that during the pandemic, right they tried to get.
Speaker 2: From Yeah, it was mostly horror movies, you know, like, oh, we're gonna do a say once over Zoom and then a creepy guys showed.
Speaker 4: Up as an snl apologist though that was a rough season.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't watch that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't Dan, you don't need to go back.
Speaker 4: Speaking about platformers and beloved characters. Jeff Grubb, I'm sorry you're doing this to yourself. Yeah, you checked out Bubbsy in the Perfect Collection, Yeah I got.
Speaker 5: I got a little preview to check it out. Audio handed it to me, said it's good to talk about.
Speaker 1: So here we are.
Speaker 5: It's this is the one that has Bubbs three D. But it has Bubbs three D refurbished as well as a separate entry in there, and it now has analog controls, and it's still a really bad game. It's still it doesn't fix it, I mean, does it just listen. It fixes a lot, like the game is now playable. I expect people to now go play Bubbs three D come to me and be like that game wasn't that bad, and me to have to like hold back a dial situation. Yes, it's gonna be even worse now because this is like significantly better. It's still a bad game. The controls are, yes, you are. You do move around now with the stick in the way that you would expect a three D platform or to move. But Bubbsy's still underneath all that still kind of has the same jittery movement, and so it's it's tough to dial in and do specific precision platforming, which that game always required even when it had the insane digital controls.
Speaker 2: Now the new controls do they would you say, we're getting closer to like a Crock or gets level.
Speaker 5: I played Croc recently when they just re released that, and you know, I think it controls a little bit better than Krock even you just have more at least you have more freedom. Like it's just you feel like you can run around a little bit better. It's just still not great, But that game always had a look and like I was just like, man, this has a like they weren't going to do games like this for a very long time. Because they are, We're going to get more effects in here and be able to do a lot more. So them kind of just like working what they had and kind of putting a flat colored texture on everything. It just has a kind of a stunning style still, So I like enjoyed going back in there and trying things down, and they beat that first level in like a minute. So it's like, I bet people are, oh, it has like rewind and all this other stuff that you would expect from a modern collection. So I do think a lot of people are now going to finally beat this game, and this is the way to play it. I guess I don't recommend going back and playing in the original Blake Club way.
Speaker 2: Now, Gun to your head. Gun to your Head is Bubbsy three D refurbished a better game than a Rascal for the PlayStation one.
Speaker 1: Oh wow? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Probably, Yeah, I mean, I like, I think having analog movement in a three D platform or is just like I think every single one of those is better than any of the ones with pad controls. And that would include they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna fix Rascal next to be amazing.
Speaker 5: I would love to see it. But yeah, I love when they take these old games and like apply modern controls. So I just want to see what it's like. This is a really good use of that so cool cool.
Speaker 1: Stuff from the women to run.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it can be really eye opening too, because I think, like twenty fifteen or so, they put out they re released the Ari one remake and they added it so you could do analog controls. Yeah, and I played through it and I switched to the analog controls and it's like, no, I think I think the tank controls were the way to go with this, and I was always a tank control Defender, but it was so interesting to play it with new analog controls, being like I don't think this feels is good, you know, yep?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's again here it's like, well, clearly this is the right answer and they just didn't know any better. It's like, well, what would the world have been like had they figured this out in time to put it into the to the actual game. So yeah, informative it Like again, it's like one of those things where I like having something that's bad enables you to kind of go in there and see where things are missing. And this was just so obviously bad in terms of the controls that getting the stark reality of what it could have been is really eye opening as well.
Speaker 4: Speaking about furry creatures as main characters in video games, Yang, I I'm I'm gonna report cyberbullying right now. I think I think that the team at Playstack Oh yeah, uh has it has it out for me? Because coming for you. Not only did they publish Bloatro last year, but now they're publishing a game called rack Cooin Pusher And uh, y'all know me, I chase Chase a little dopamine. I've been compared to a Raccoon a couple of times, several times on this website.
Speaker 1: Uh so rack cooin Pusher.
Speaker 4: It is a coin pusher game with Bolottro like elements, and it is going to destroy my life because I am just sitting here at the screen tapping at both mouse buttons, just like trying to get these coins to go and push the other coins in. Like the terrible thing is you get special coins. They are special tokens, right, like, hey, here's a Bunny token. If this Bunny token touches another Bunny token, they'll multiply because they're they're they're doing it. Coins are doing it. They're banging, They're banging. Yes, they're banging and banging. And there will be other special coins that synergize with other ones. There's like a bomb one and the whole point of the game, similar to Blatchro, you have a target goal of a score to get to and you get to that by pushing coins in. And you are just launching coins from a left lane and a right lane. If you launch them both at the same time, you can kind of like bank them off each other so they get stuck in the middle and push coins that way. There's power ups where you can drop like a tower of coins somewhere on your board.
Speaker 1: Which is sick as hell. I fucking love seeing a tower of coins.
Speaker 4: There's a black hole power up where everything in the vicinity will get sucked up, a ufl one where a UFO will just come on screen after a certain amount of time and turns. It's a good like turn your brain off and just like you know, much like the aliens in War of the Worlds where they were just like seeking data. This is me saying dopamine and like number go up, meaning no, I just.
Speaker 1: Don't want to make these shorthand I just can't. I can't laugh.
Speaker 5: Everyone want everyone will understand what we're trying to get it. We'll use War of the World is our reference. Yeah, we're done doing wrestling lingo.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, I'm back on.
Speaker 3: You need to do this. It's like you need to write click this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna call backler every morning. A muffin Are you serious? You're eating a muffin protein baby?
Speaker 3: Uh? Like records.
Speaker 1: It's really cute.
Speaker 4: It's in early access right now, and I can easily see myself much like a week or two ago, I could easily see myself losing too much time and Merge Maestro. This is just a bad year for me, Gang because the Horse Game came out and then Merge My Stroke came out.
Speaker 1: This is coming out? When is this coming out? Do we have a sense of like that they like che.
Speaker 2: The time prase or is it October? It's like in the next couple of months.
Speaker 1: I thought relatively soon. They're like on Steam it says it says to be announced for release dates.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So I'm just watched in the trailer. It was doing things to my brain, both in terms of just like the stuff that's activating jan and also just the physicsness of it all, like seeing the big tower drop down and you can tell every coin has its own like physics. Like oh, and also maybe cathartic, because I spend a lot of time in arcades as a kid, and I probably put a billion coins into those fucking things because it's so tempting. It's like, oh man, you're about to fall. I mean it's been then. I've never won a single coin from it, So this should be cathartic.
Speaker 4: Yes, And the boards or I guess your playfield. It feels weird to say playfield or board.
Speaker 1: Your your push.
Speaker 4: Area persists as you keep going. So say you had something set up, but like you know, uh, these bonus coins or these special tokens didn't quite fall into the it. But you reach the goal, you can still hit those and get those in on the next level as you go through. When y'all have played a coin pusher game, right, like a real life coin pusher game, is there like a roulette wheel or like a special like wheel.
Speaker 3: On the side, It depends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a lot of them, I know, for like the kid arcade casino ones. It usually varies where it's like a Plinko board with the pegs, right. Some of them have like complications where it'll be like, oh, there's like a roller coaster and if you slide it down that peg, it bypasses the pusher and goes right into the redemption slot. So yeah, there's all these different kinds of variations, but it's all like the ticket based stuff, right, Like that's your Like I've never seen this in a real life casino.
Speaker 2: No, I see bonus hole. Bonus hole is hot now. Yeah, the Vegas Lounge got a new bonus hole I've been enamored with so.
Speaker 1: I feel like you couldn't put this in a real casino.
Speaker 5: Is a bonus hole, kind of the barren one, the one I was like, there's nothing else going on there except for the coins.
Speaker 2: It's just the bonus hole. Yeah, you guys got a bonus I literally just and hit images without even thinking about it. But it is just the arcade machine.
Speaker 1: You know, you know you're getting what you need out of that phrase, Mike, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Well, I just googled it and I didn't get what you were talking about at all. Dan, Wait, we got different results? Yes, yeah, personalized?
Speaker 1: Does that do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 5: What are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 1: That's that Stuff's been personalized for like twenty years now.
Speaker 5: But even just like an image search result, like I know, every every search. This is why it's bad that the government is tracking us search. I get bonus hole.
Speaker 2: I searched a bonus hole and it's nothing but bonus hole the arcade coin pusher.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I'm I'm in all and then I just see a bunch of miscllaneous, different articles not talking about the game bonus.
Speaker 2: If I'm in ALL, I get a lot that is different. Yeah, Vagina, rebranded as bonus Hole by Cervical Cancer Charity. That's from the Telegraph UK. Snopes or Helm professionals urged to call vaginas a lot of vagina stuff here, but if you do images, it's not vaginas. It's just the bonus hole game.
Speaker 4: Okay, fantastic. There's a whole ticket mechanic and rack coin pusher as well. Like you are allotted twenty coins when you begin a level, and you're accumulating tickets as you as you play the game, but you would exchange those tickets for more coins and.
Speaker 1: That's enough for you. Yeah, that's that's enough for your to scratch that itch that you're you're fulfilled as a human human being. Yes, your cup, your cup has been filled with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean my my cup has like a hole in it. So like I just need whatever. I can't get a bonus hole. I need whatever, a little itch I can scratch, you know. Just hey, it does not help that I really enjoyed train spotting and then I'm thinking about meth. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't scratch your bonus hole. Don't do meth. Like just these two things are so important.
Speaker 4: Jane, Okay, okay, sorry, I'm just running on a little bit of Fumes here, just like Jeff Grubb has been playing Fumes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we we tried this on upf was that last week two weeks ago. I played a little bit more last week and a few other times here and there, and kind of put p start piece together like how the game works and the progression there, and it's it.
Speaker 1: It holds up to like extended play.
Speaker 5: It is still I do believe it's early access, but yes, and so like you could see where they're like sort of developing the structure around all the cool stuff, and you can also see how like the UX is a little bit confusing. There's parts where it's like, wait, my gun just just won't work. It took me a while to fix that, but I got everything figured out and was just racing around and going from like one cloud, like these dark clouds that hover on the map and you drive into them and they start an instance where you now you're taking on a boss in their minions, and so you just got to shoot all the minions and then take out the boss, and then when you get down with that instance, they drop a bunch of goodies and then you could take those goodies to the Spy Hunter truck, drive up into the back of the truck, apply those goodies or maybe or like there's an upgrade system where it's like you have six of these, you want to combine them all and like slowly increase their letter grades so they work even better the one that you actually have equipped to your car. It's like, yes, I do want to do that, and then I'm going to go back out there and find another one of these clouds and find another thing. And there's like other distractions on the map or other like sort of ways of interacting with the world, like with like small like puzzle like things where it's like you got to find something before timer goes out or something like that, but that you could tell like they're just kind of picking at that see if that's something that's gonna work. The main thing of just driving around this world and shooting things, especially with like actually mouse and keyboard, having the mouse to aim while you're driving around is super handy. It feels really good because I can just like precision target these things without having to worry about trying to you know, way the analog it's going to be fine.
Speaker 1: But the mouse controls were really good. So yeah, I'm I'm into this and I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: This is definitely one where I'm going to keep checking in every once in a while, kind of like I did with Dead Cells. They're like, I want to see, like how this thing evolves. I'm very curious about that.
Speaker 2: So I'm very curious too, And I think I am going to the opposite approach because I always like, I don't really play early access. Yeah it's like done done and so like, but I've seen this and it does seem very like, you know, I wanted to see that kind of twisted the Medal of the Spirit and that car combat genre be a thing in some form since the late nineties, and it hasn't really been. And this does seem to be hitting all. Like the aesthetics of it look awesome, and I do think that that genre has needed some sort of shift up, because like that twenty twelve Twist Medal was kind of just you know, playing the hits a little bit of just like oh, Arena car combat, And I remember feeling like maybe this maybe this genre kind of died out because it's just a little too little, too simple, a little too stale at this point.
Speaker 5: And like just what the beat him up thing did where it's just like, yeah, they're kind of doing the same thing over and they're not really look like pushing it forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so like when I see something like fumes definitely has a different control scheme in different objectives than just like killed these eight other cars or whatever, I think that excites me because I do think that that's what car combat would need to be relevant and make some sort of comeback. So like, I very much have my eye on this one, and.
Speaker 5: Really I think the thing that really sets it apart is the physics system, where it's like, okay, so now I put on a different suspension onto this vehicle, so I have big tires in the back, little tires in the front, and now it like feels very different when I'm turning and you could just see every single like gram of mass being like shoved into the front right tire when you do a fast left turn.
Speaker 1: And it just looks good and feels good, and like you really.
Speaker 5: See the tires dig into the dirt and that's super satisfying. It just makes it feel like at any second you could flip your car because you're going so fast you got to turn around and shoot these guys, so it makes everything feel very hectic and harrowing.
Speaker 1: Is there multiplayer in fumes Grub.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. Yeah, oh yeah not yet. That definitely seems like the one where like eventually they could do a co op mode or something like that. Obviously could be competitive multiplayer obviously, but.
Speaker 1: I think you can make it.
Speaker 5: It would makes sense to let you get in there with your buddies and drive around and you know, take on these missions.
Speaker 1: It could totally work.
Speaker 4: It's got a really cool look to it, very blocky, just like Vauxhall Gram two looks very blocky.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's got blocks. If you're like me and you've wanted up Across three D forever, Nintendo doesn't seem to be wanting to make it, but the folks van vauxal Graham they did it with the first one, and the second one is out now, and it kind of does follow the same thing that Across three D did from round one to round two in that it's got a two color system now, so it's got blue and green, so you know, you will see you know, you're you're painting blocks like in Pacross and rotating everything, but you'll get blue ones and green ones definitely adds a certain level of complexity.
Speaker 1: To it that I like.
Speaker 2: And it also if you own the first Vauxal Graham, it has all like two hundred and fifty puzzles from that, but they've added the two color system to it, so oh cool. I will say the uh I use. An issue I had with the first vox Pagram too is that like if you're playing with you know, analog sticks and everything, it's just like it just takes some real getting used to, like you know, the rotating and deciding like what you're actually interacting with. But I'm playing on switch to and I am finding that the touch controls are actually very good. So I basically feel like I'm playing a pacrosse around two and like you're kind of filling out a diorama. So like each like world or whatever is like Okay, you've finished twelve fifteen puzzles or something, and you fill that room with all the little puzzle things you're putting together.
Speaker 1: So very very good.
Speaker 2: If if you're into Pacross stuff, and I don't know, Nintendo is gonna keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at this.
Speaker 5: I love Pacrosse, am pit Across three D and I'm also I've also been waiting.
Speaker 1: Don't expect Nintendo to do it.
Speaker 5: These little dioramas are very cute, like this looks really nice. And then you said you're playing on a touch screen on on switch.
Speaker 1: I wonder.
Speaker 5: I bet the Steam Deck has the exact same control. So I'm gonna try right on there and see and if not, then I'll try to get it on.
Speaker 1: Switch to Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it's impossible to, you know, get used to the standard like analog control. Beyond Yeah is playing on Steam Deck and she is doing the analog stuff, but she's like, I just got used to it, so.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, cool, all right, Yeah, I've got love love of these kinds of games for sure, me too.
Speaker 4: Sticking to the puzzle game theme, Dan, you've been playing is this seat taken? And I've been really curious about this, Jimmy jam.
Speaker 2: Very different type of puzzle. This is, you know, logic puzzles. So if you remember in school all those logic puzzles, you know, just like oh, this person you know will only do this and but won't sit next to this person and this person like this is just that with a really kind of cute aesthetic. It is just you know, it'll be a movie theater or a diner or a concert or a boat, and you have all these little cartoon characters to pop up and you hover over them and it'll say, like I need to sit next to my daughter, but I don't want to be next to anyone smelly. And so you got to figure out like, okay, there's these like twenty thirty seats or whatever, and like they're just the visual language of it. Like they're just these little cartoon characters with legs, and some of them will have little you know, linus or pigpen whatever stink clouds over them, and so it's like, okay, that's a smelly one. And then you got the ones that want to party, and they'll have a little party hat and when you put them down, there's like music and stuff, and it's like, okay, these four people want to party, So I'll put them in the back of the bus here where they can not bother the people. Where it's like I wanted to relax or I want to read on the bus, you put them in the front. I want to be alone. I don't want to be next to kids. And so it's just a lot of like putting people in place, and you can tell if they're in the right spot because they'll be like smiling. And then so you put everyone in there and it'll say like, oh, you're not done, and you're looking around like, oh, that guy's frowning. Oh shit, he's too close to a stinky person. Oh this person separated from their date or whatever.
Speaker 3: You wants to sit next to a stinky person.
Speaker 5: I only want to sit next to smelly people.
Speaker 1: Please that I've seen another stinky person. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it's like they're movie theater ones where it's like, you know, there's a guy with a big hat and or there's people that like need to sit closer to the screen. There's people that want to steal popcorn, so you got to put them next as popcorn people that can't sit in a dirty seat, so you know, if you see popcorn on a seat, you can't put them there. So it's just a lot of just like you know, just single screen just taking in you know, the seat structure, and then like where you can put these people and super super like really, for someone like me that loves logic puzzles, this is a really fun way to gamify it and put it in like a real nice aesthetic package.
Speaker 5: It also just looks really nice, does Like So from like one level to the next, is it the way that they're making it more complicated by changing up like the possibility of the seating or are they introducing like new complications Like I'm seeing some here in the video.
Speaker 1: It looks like you've got to put food down, is ye.
Speaker 2: So there's like there's like fast food restaurants and stuff. Yeah, it's like, okay, I want to sit by myself and I'll eat anything, and so you can put burger fries whatever you want. And then there's people that are just like, oh, I just want some coffee and I need to sit with this person, so you can put a cup of coffee between the two. So yeah, there's a decent amount of variety. I've probably done fifteen levels. And you know, there's like a dinner where it's like I don't want to be next to any snoody people, and so like there's like a bunch of people that are wearing like fancy hats and stuff. All right, so I'll put them all on their own thing here. But oh but these people can't sit next to kids. So they'll sit over here. They got to sit next to the newly weeds of this thing. So here's the wedding table and all these people got to sit with the bride and groom. And it's yeah, it shakes it up enough to worry. Yeah, just from bus to restaurant to concerts, when.
Speaker 5: You feel like there's a natural progression, like you could see how it's like getting more complicated as you're playing, Like they're introducing new ideas at a good cup I mean fifteen levels and maybe you don't know yet.
Speaker 2: I mean more complicated.
Speaker 5: It's more.
Speaker 2: It's just there's more variety than complications. It's not like a maba as you where it's like, you know, it gets point. It's like this is overwhelming. Like when they've added stuff, it's just been like little tweaks on you know, like people partying on a boat versus people wanting to eat fish versus cheese or whatever at okay, okay, yeah, yeah, it's just it's just variety more than okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got just like a ten dollars game right now, it's on sale for nine dollars. It just you know, it's like I almost wasn't like too interested in it. Then I saw that price, I'm like, oh, fro what nine bucks? Maybe I'll have fun here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really really cute yep.
Speaker 4: Speaking about synergy amongst a bunch of people that's very important in the JRPG party, specifically in Clerbecure Expedition thirty three, which Jeff Grubb says, you've been playing it here on this document.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm doing it. I was gonna come to this podcast with a beret and everything and let me make you guys guess what game I was playing. But I so I picked up my Steam Save again and I looked at it and I was about five and a half hours in, and that was like a couple of days ago, and now I'm like thirteen hours in. Its kind of I've doubled it and it is.
Speaker 1: All on plan right now.
Speaker 5: Basically it's really all I have time for it because it's it is like I think that's the way we describe it, very playable. It is a game where it's like once you're in me and you you are just kind of like you get down with a battle, You're like, man, that's those synergies I just kind of was like working with are really working now. I can't wait to just kind of do that again, maybe throwing some other ideas. It's a battlesystem where you can have ideas and like try things and see, hey, is this going to work if I do this one thing with this character and it'll make it easier for this other character to do that thing. And it's fun to experiment with that to the point where I am excited to get into every single battle. My only complain about the game really is French the clearly god that goes without saying though it's beneath complaints. I am definitely a person that wouldn't need a map in a game like this, Like I'm able to get through these areas eventually, like I will get but I get lost at least like once per area.
Speaker 1: There's something there is an unspoken kind of like directional language that those levels.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think they break down occasionally, but I've definitely five that backle are you.
Speaker 1: Which is like kind of I was actually like pleasantly surprised, maybe more impress than anything else of like oh wow, like I'm being an idiot and still finding my way through you know, the midlands or whatever.
Speaker 3: I like, Yeah, I agree Jeff that it kind of worked without it, But part of me is also like, why isn't there a map, Like I don't think it would have bothered anything.
Speaker 5: Way, I would take a waypoint, like just a little bit of direction, like, hey, go in this general area so you know where to look. There was definitely this one in there's a place called the Forgotten Battlefield, and I got lost in here for a while because it was kind of funneling me to this one bridge that was made by a giant like fallen cannon, and it just looked like part of the background because a lot of the other parts of the background looked similar to that, So I didn't even try to walk on it until eventually that's the one time I've had to look up.
Speaker 1: Where am I supposed to go?
Speaker 5: But I do feel like that's a relatively minor complaint because I have been able to find my way through most things. And then what I consider to be the core of the game, which is these characters interacting with one another, and then the battle system.
Speaker 1: I am enamored.
Speaker 5: Just I'm really kind of getting into the story. I just recently got verso a little.
Speaker 1: Bit past that.
Speaker 5: Now we'll say you're after act one, Yes, I am a little bit in Dack too, yes, and it's like, okay, all right, things are happening, and now I'm like very curious to see how these characters deal.
Speaker 1: With these problems. It's yeah, it's really well done.
Speaker 5: And I think my initial sort of like play of the game where I'm like, oh, I think this is something that people are going to be into, it's like, oh, I guess I didn't realize just how much it was going to be for me.
Speaker 1: So I'm pretty happy for that.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, you know what, Let's go, let's save that game for last Dan Riker. You have been playing Sword of the Seas.
Speaker 1: Oh, how's that, Danny Boyd.
Speaker 2: Here is a lot of fun I love to give last night. I think came out today. It is by Giant Squid, who made Absu in the path list, and I believe there's some lineage going back to Journey and you can super see the Journey in this game. It is a lot of surfing around sand and seeing beautiful stuff in the background. It's it's really cool because like basically like there's almost no like talking and stuff like this. There's some like little like you know, tablets you can read and stuff. But the gist of it what I've played so far, which maybe like an hour and a half or so, is that like there's just this big desert and you're basically bringing water and life to it. And so this is one of those very uh, you know, no HUD games. So it's the visual language is great where it's like there are no there's no map, there is no objective marker. You can just look around and be like if there's a huge swath of sand and desert or you know, other areas and just dry land, basically you know that like, Okay, there's got to be something around here I can do to bring water to it. And it's usually just like, Okay, there's this big pillar rock pillar in the middle of the desert, and there's a bunch of lanterns and stuff surrounding it. So you just kind of like surf around and light all the candles and then all of a sudden you'll you know, it's it's just very elegant in how it lets you know that there's something to do in an area. There's never an arrow, there's never an objective marker, and just the moment to moment moving around this world is so satisfying.
Speaker 5: Grub.
Speaker 2: I thought about you a lot playing this. It is you're you're on a sword, the Sword of the Sea and yours. It's it's you're surfing. There's like skateboarding, like do there's grinding at times. He's riding on a wall, so there's wall riding. There's half pipes, there's it is just funny. You're just immediately in this game just surfing around, skating around sand water. There's boosts and ramps and things like that, and it's just this beautiful world to just explore. And there's never there's no health bar, there's no real penalty if you go off the edge and die in a hole or something. There's no combat that I've seen yet or anything. And then there are just kind of those fun surprises like in Journey where it's like whoa, Okay, I guess I'm doing this now.
Speaker 1: This is interesting space Dolphins. Yeah, yeah, I got.
Speaker 2: A Dolphins situation going on now and that's been pretty fun. But yeah, it's just it's absolutely beautiful. It is just really good just zone out and surf around and not super stressful by any means.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you said, there's so there's no combat, like what is the like surfing around does seem to be the main thing you're doing, is it, like okay, solving puzzles, like finding things, hitting switch like.
Speaker 2: So like since you know, there are some areas where it's like, okay, this door is locked and there's an eagle statue and it's got a big open mouth, and then you learn that like, oh okay, if I can skate over to this water orb, all suddenly have a water orb around me. And then if I can just skate myself to this thing, the water will go into the eagle's mouth and it'll unlock a thing or whatever. And there are like you know, as you destroy things or explore, you'll find these little kind of like triangles, and there's there's a merchant type guy that like, you know, you'll cash into him, like like Luna's or Luma's in the Mario Galaxy. He's like, all right, give him fifty, you give him two hundred. And it's like now I can do tricks in the air, and now I can do spin tricks, and now I can do you know, like while you're you meet have a double jump and it's almost like kind of a triple jump situation. So it's just the mobility situation is just like you're just flying around, skin around, jumping, doing tricks and stuff like. And it's not in the effort of like getting a high score or some sex situation. You're just it's just you're just kind of doing style tricks and stuff just to pop yourself.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: God, I would love to ride a long board or a skateboard down or a hill or whatever, but the fear of getting shoot hurt terrified.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm at a point where it's like breaking a hip is a very real possibility.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't want to deal with that. And Dan, is there any of the online like sort of multiplayer stuff from Journey?
Speaker 2: Okay no, And I was thinking about that because it's like I think that is the main like Journey obviously unbelievably gorgeous game.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: I think those moments of you know, the interaction and connection with other players that really elevated Journey to something super special. This does not have that. This is a much just kind of lighter like you know, if you played the but the Pathless or ab Zoo and stuff.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's just a visual treat. It's like a really beautiful interactive screensaver.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like, yeah, but maybe the straight up halfpipe this in this trailer that's just a half pipe. It really does just look like a skateboarding or snowboarding game, yeah, but with awesome visuals.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And actually I think calling an interactive screensaver is probably reductive because like there is like you know, light puzzle solving and platforming going on here. You know, you'll like light some lanterns, then a bunch of jellyfish will show up in the air and you're kind of like like very very satisfying platforming. It's not super demanding. Yeah, Like the grinding and stuff is really fun. Just the world is beautiful. It's yeah, just a just a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: This this is definitely definitely what I'm gonna try, all right.
Speaker 4: Cool And to wrap up the game segment, Gang perhaps the war of the worlds of video games right now, absolutely, and how polarizing people's time it are. Last week we played Drag Drive on UPF and well, some of us had fun.
Speaker 2: You know, everything I said about how good it feels is floating around, flying around. It's like imagine the polar opposite event of every motion was the most laborious and frustrating and annoying that you've ever done.
Speaker 1: Do you like it?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's awesome, Yes, Nintendo, I heard I like everything Nintendo. Yeah that is mostly true.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it is a game where it's like it has so many things going against it, like it is the fact that the control system is cumbersome, Like you're gonna need to get the joy cons out either use your legs, but that's probably not good enough. You're gonna want to sert like a table surface to actually play the game. And then the online multiplayer is so fundamentally broken that even when we did the three of us get into the same room together, there was no way for us to tell the game, hey, put us on a team. The next time you start up a game. It just randomly selected people from this room that didn't just have us in it. It had other people in this public matchmaking room and just threw us in like in the random pickup games. It's insane, and there was no way around that.
Speaker 3: As far as as far as we could tell. There's no way for us to make a group of three people who can then fight another random group of three people. We could fight another group of like three friends if we had six total friends around. But that's just wild that they didn't care to consider that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like even remove all of the very frustrating motion control elements of this, which is I think the first thing that drove me nuts about this game. Imagine it was just a functioning arcade sports game type thing, like what's use that down a rocket league with two friends and you couldn't party up like.
Speaker 5: Done exactly, Like, yes, this game is even for this game being twenty dollars, completely unacceptable. It is wild.
Speaker 1: I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: I always wonder like, is it because they somehow just did think of that or somebody vehemently against it.
Speaker 1: They're against it? Yeah, Like that's not the pure experience that we want people to have.
Speaker 3: What do they want?
Speaker 2: What is the period?
Speaker 1: I think they wanted to feel like you're at a gym and just like like happening.
Speaker 3: I think, but even then I could be like, well, with my friends, I know, yeah it's now, well, we were playing the game actually was having fun. I kind of like the stupid b as.
Speaker 5: I think the haptics really sold me on it really felt it really felt like I was rolling those wheels I also just like the idea of like shoot tank controls like two treads or two tires on the ground and where it's like, yeah, you can move left and right or move back with the right one, move forward with the left one, and so you're gonna spin in place. I always have liked that since I was a kid, and this game like really nails that, and like I was doing dunks and stuff and feeling pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a certain amount of like actual like depth to the controls that I think is like I was learning and doing the tutorial that like if you hit the brakes and then you pull back on one side, you can do like a real like hairpin turn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like it's like there was like a surprising amount of depth to the control Like they thought they were making like an esport, but then they like everything around the game is like, well, you literally just can't play this online any way you went to And I.
Speaker 5: Always like one of these games that is like skill based inputs instead of like there's a button you press to do the hop It's like no, you need to like get going and then stop with one wheel, lift that mouse off the thing and then immediately like lift the other one and you'll do kind of a bunny hop.
Speaker 1: It's like, what are you talking about. I couldn't even get it to work.
Speaker 2: It's an insane thing.
Speaker 5: I think I did it once. Yeah, I could like pass the tutorial. It's it's insane. I could never get it to like work in an actual game. Or there are like these challenges around the perimeter of the room in between matches, and there's one where it's like, try to like do the one the one wheel ride through this area because if you get one wheel over here, it's gonna be insand so it'd be really slow when you go up against everyone else. Couldn't get that the work. But I'm like, I'm glad that they have made it weird with in terms of the controls. It's just everything else as weird as well, and that sucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it looks like a very dour looking game too, like everything is so dark.
Speaker 1: Get him Dan, Oh that's pretty good, drab.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 4: I would you like to write the sequel to War of the World, ju Dan, you could knock get the sequel to War of the World. It's in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can do that in afternoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, gang, we're gonna go take a quick bricky break and after that we'll hit you with some Disney World mug backler.
Speaker 1: You're goddamn right.
Speaker 3: It is much Yea, that's the retro logo too. That's ship.
Speaker 1: I know my roots commit.
Speaker 2: I'm the only adult of this company.
Speaker 3: All right, see you guys, jam.
Speaker 5: My computer sick. I've decided it's time to start building a new one. I just don't know where to start.
Speaker 3: Grub.
Speaker 4: If you're computer is SICKI pooh, you gotta start with MSI, which just drops something big in its brand new Z eight ninety and B eight sixty Intel motherboards.
Speaker 1: Are those the.
Speaker 5: Motherboards that unlock the power of the Intel Core Ultra series two CPUs.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, these MOBOs, as we're calling them on the streets, are powerhouses for gaming, streaming, and whatever intense tasks you need to throw at them.
Speaker 5: Uh oh, okay, but Jane, you know me, I'm scared of tools. That's screwdrivers so sharp.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Bud, MSI made them jeffproof meb Dan proof as well, which means they're easy to work with. No more wrestling with tiny little screws or confusing manuals. We're talking easy dbug LEDs that tell you exactly what's going on too. Less installs for your M two drives and jipoos or GPUs we're calling them Jippoo's two.
Speaker 5: Now okay, hell yeah, oh okay yeah. MSI has that modern bios as well. That looks like it was actually made for humans to use, not some relic from two thousand and three. Give me more of that.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. It's going to be so easy to get secure boots on the ground. It's like PC building on easymode grub. And here's the best part. Giant BombCast listeners, MSI is giving you ten percent off these new regularly priced Z eight ninety and B eight sixty boards. Just head over to US store dot m SI dot com and use promo code BombCast at checkout boom instant savings.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm gonna stack that discount. They allow you to do that with MSI's got ongoing promotions. That's potentially going to score me up to one hundred and twenty dollars in Steam codes. It's basically free games just for upgrading. Everyone listening should do the same. So if you're ready to upgrade your setup, do not wait.
Speaker 4: Visit us dash store dot MSI dot com and use the code BombCast bom c a st all in lowercase and give your PC the.
Speaker 5: Upgrade it deserves. MSI making P Do you see building less of a headache and a lot more fun.
Speaker 1: Mobo.
Speaker 4: This is Jeff Grobb with a news. He's gonna read story for you.
Speaker 3: Jeff Crab lyrics.
Speaker 5: Nice, that's right, Yeah, John Bomb has lyrics.
Speaker 1: Now I have the news.
Speaker 5: Let's start here with a couple of stories that.
Speaker 1: Mikey helped me out with.
Speaker 5: Here Hollow Nights Silk Song Special announcement set for Thursday, the twenty first of August at seven thirty am Pacific time. That's this week, that's in two days. Uh do we have to burn the clown makeup?
Speaker 4: Is this? Is it?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah? It's I mean it's a little weird because we have Opening Night Live today.
Speaker 1: We think it's gonna be in both right yea.
Speaker 5: I think we get the teaser in Opening Night Live and they say come check out our equivalent of a direct for this game or whatever they end up doing. Maybe it's just a bunch info on a blog or something. But I think we still see it at Opening That Live today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it certainly feels like we're not getting through this week without actually getting a release date for this video game.
Speaker 1: Will this also be forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Shorter?
Speaker 2: I bet he just uses one button.
Speaker 5: Maybe they're just gonna announce that they're canceling it so they're still a champions. Apparently a Sure is going to have a story about this on what did he say it was on Thursday as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said he's going to release a story on Thursday about this lengthy seven year development process for this game. So it seems like they also just like reach out to them to give him access for this sort of thing too. If it's timed up with this video like they're starting, they're they're starting their marketing blitz here. This is a very real video game we're going to be seeing actual info about. I'm guessing we're going to be playing it this year. They might say twenty twenty six after all, I don't know. Boy, Yeah, after all the years of cloud makeup and jokes and memes, this is going to be a real video game we can look forward to.
Speaker 5: If they do not make a reference to spoon heaven.
Speaker 1: I am boycotting this game.
Speaker 2: I got smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's probably the movie. Cancel this game. Thank you, Jim, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Shreyer who said, by the way, said that story was very fun, I bet the reason it took so long is they just wanted to make a very good game.
Speaker 1: And now I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like I said, Tryer had another thing here breaking BioShock four developer Cloud Chamber is laying off an unspecified number of staff and then so this is like a follow up to kind of what we were hearing from him a little bit ago about BioShock four.
Speaker 1: Being in a weird state.
Speaker 5: They delayed the game because it didn't meet a certain internal check, and I guess the main reason for that was the story. According to the reporting, although the leadership of the team was basically removed from the project and now it has new leadership. But when I talked about when he left, where was he at before? He was at working on Diablo Blizzard. He was at Blizzard. Rod ferguson Industry Closer, he's the guy you bring in when you want to get a game finished. Well, now he is working on BioShock form. Former Diablo boss Rod Ferguson is taking over as Cloud Chambers new studio head. More than a decade ago, he joined the troubled BioShock Infinite and helped salvage that game's production as well.
Speaker 1: So that's this is what he's known for.
Speaker 5: This makes it clear like they know they're serious about getting Bioshocked four done and out, which is something they.
Speaker 1: Said recently in an earnings call.
Speaker 5: But it'd be like, well, you know, I guess it's been a long time, you're really going to do this thing. I guess, so, uh, I guess. Then the question is, Jeff Backlar, what do you want from a BioShock for.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 3: It'll be okay, buddy, you don't forget. Don't forget.
Speaker 1: I do, And I guess I have a topic heart the sequel. Yeah, the the the presequel, I think is what that one's be out before BioShock for at this rate? Uh huh uh, I don't know. I kind of I don't know, And you know, I guess the question is like, are there people like me still?
Speaker 3: I like BioShock. I still carry a towice for BioShock.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of old people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Like, is that what it is? Person? I'm with you, backler, Like that game is important.
Speaker 5: No, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: I think there's a lot of people out there who think BioShock is important. Still, Yes, I like when you say, hey, what is like a really good game? I think BioShock comes up pretty quickly when you ask people that.
Speaker 3: Where was it in our where was it in our century pole thing? I'm gonna oh, it wasn't mine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you not like that game?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 5: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: A game? Very very strong favor I don't think I.
Speaker 5: Don't dislike it. It's just I just it didn't hook me, and so I never really I played like probably like.
Speaker 1: Five hours and stuff.
Speaker 3: Isn't it about how capitalism is bad? I thought you would love it? Yeah, but I already know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but BioShock, and only BioShock taught me.
Speaker 3: That and teach the normies like us this back Or do you want it to just be another let's return to rapture thing or do you want another super new, weird location.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I think Infinite has aged like a diaper baking in the sun. Yes, Okay, So I don't want that. Yeah, go ahead, Jim, what's the diaper?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'm well aware.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: I loved one and two, love the DLC for two.
Speaker 1: But I never is like, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I think two is like that is aging in the exact opposite way to be like you, Yeah, go ahead, Sorry, But.
Speaker 4: I never checked out Infinite and I'm loosely aware of like the story beats in it.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you the first thing, the first choice it gives you in the game, jan sure it?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: It hands you a baseball and asks you do you want to throw this at this interracial couple we have up tied up on the stage like and not that the games like no matter what you choose, the game sort of like kind of whisks you away. It's just like, I don't know, it's so edgy edge lord, horseshit. I never really love that game. Maybe I don't have to check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly don't think it's worth your time.
Speaker 5: You know, right what you disagree Mikey, No, I agree with you. Okay, absolutely has a lot of problems. It feels good to play, I guess, but just a lot of other problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I also and I also have like I have a weird, unique sort of personal POV on it, just because it's like I spent like a like a like ninety minutes interviewing Ken Levine about Bioshok Infinite on a podcast I did, and like the falloff from that was really weird. I just didn't like anything like anything that, like it just sort of rubbed me the wrong way and left the bad taste in my mouth. And I don't know, I think, like I'm I'm perfectly happy with just erasing that from my memory. You know, there's a lot of discourse about like, oh, how can anyone possibly make a bioshot game and not be you know, a rational right, And in that whole thing, it's like, no, I think you can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like that's it's not exclusive.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, one person the.
Speaker 3: Whole bones of Irrational was that they made System Shock two and they weren't the people who made System Shock one, right right, right exactly. It's completely fine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but but and I do I do have a fondness for the on paper the concept of like a magic you know, uh utopian hellscape city thing, Like I think that is a cool idea. I don't know if they're going to just sort of I don't I don't know how they do want to redeem themselves, redeem that franchise.
Speaker 3: I hope it's it should not be a direct sequentefit it. I don't want to see any of that multiverse crap. No, but yeah, you know, if it's just another weird human enclave city thing, like underground, right, like it's caves now, sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe it's space, I don't know, like whatever. I love mole People. Yeah, yeah, okay, so we'll do like a Taco Bell Dennis Leary thing if you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the best.
Speaker 1: Mole a People.
Speaker 3: But by the way, it was number forty three in the one hundred Best Games of the twenty first Century poll.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually number sixty eight of the The Center.
Speaker 5: That's Dan, that's Dan's oh.
Speaker 1: Weird so oh that's the and that's BioShock one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's the only one that.
Speaker 3: Which is fair.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, the storytelling in that first game is really strong. It's really good, present, incredibly compelling first fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Peters out of it by the end, But that for that opening is like an game.
Speaker 3: Oh that that demo came out and it was just the opening. This is the greatest game game I've ever played.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've started a game more than I've started about just like show somebody you know.
Speaker 4: Grub you you were talking about this a couple of weeks ago on game mes Mornings. But do you think we can't get a BioShock four because people would say it's two ooke?
Speaker 5: Well that that was my suspicion here was when So the way it went down was this game was getting going through an internal check, they delayed it, and they said that apparently in the reporting, that the reason was the story. And I just can't in my brain rationalize any executive at a gaming company being like, this story is not good enough, because I don't think they know what a good video game story is, especially straus Zeldenk who doesn't fucking play games. So my guess here was, and this was just a guess that the game was maybe critical of the kinds of people that are in the current administration, and the people who are paying for this game don't want to step into that, and so they are trying to back off now bringing in Rod Ferguson firing the directors makes it sound like, no, the game's just not getting finished up. So I don't know how much of the of the problem was the story, really.
Speaker 3: Okay, I would be amazing if Rod Ferguson like raps this game up then immediately goes over to Judas and what comes out first? This or Judas Judas? I think I think before Judas.
Speaker 1: Does Judas have like a generalized release date? I can't remember. I thought it was next year, but I don't know. People played Judas and say it was like relatives.
Speaker 3: And I played Silksong in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, now that silk Song is real, Mike, so Judas is real. I see no time I agree with mechanize. I want to play Judas more than I want to play Bioshop for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Judas has absolutely no release window from it, Okay, I can see, all right, fair enough, all right?
Speaker 5: Either way, Cloud Chamber going to keep making BioShock four, Rod.
Speaker 1: Ferguson helping out, We'll see what happens there. I appreciate you making me the fact though. BioShock Roving Reporter, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We have here a man on the street happy to own that happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Appreciate that. All right, let's get on with it.
Speaker 5: PlayStation is officially getting Halo content in the form of Hell Divers collaboration. All those teases did lead to something. PlayStation users will receive Halo content in the form of Crossover DLC for Hell Divers two, launching on August twenty sixth. This ODST war bond will include new equipment and weapons. Hell Divers two, which was recently announced for Xbox, will also release on the same day. Game director Mikhail Ericsson expressed excitement about bringing more players into the game, highlighting the ongoing fight.
Speaker 1: For Super Earth blah blah blah, all this stuff. Yep.
Speaker 5: So we knew that this something was happening here because they were playing ODST music in the trailer and saying this PlayStation five. Uh, yep, hell Divers two is getting Halo stuff. This is probably more about the fact that Halo Hell Divers two is going to Xbox. Still weird to see anything Halo on PlayStation, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna get used to that real fast. I remember how hard it was when Sonic Advance came out. I was like, what a Sonic game on a G Nintendo and that would be weird if the new Sonic game doesn't come out on the Nanto system.
Speaker 2: Right to have a Marcus Phoenix's Do Rag on our PlayStation five's that's right. Yeah, it's all happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is all happening yet, and I'm used to it already.
Speaker 1: You're right, yep?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know is a it's saying choice here. People still like that expand alone quite a bit.
Speaker 5: You could take a lot of that fun stuff about those ODST characters and make it map really easy to uh the hell Divers, so makes it makes some sense.
Speaker 4: Is Red Versus Blue still a thing? Because I feel like that would lend itself well to Hell Divers.
Speaker 1: I think they finished that, but I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's got to be a boomer thing now, right, Oh yeah, I mean what's Red versus Blue?
Speaker 1: I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: It's a Roadblocks thing?
Speaker 1: Jen, Oh okay, cool, cool, cool. It's like Dressed to impress?
Speaker 3: Right, yes, all my niece wants to talk about is Dressed to Impress? What the really, it's a Roblox game. It's the game in Rodblocks, like freaking out about the summer update all summer like they delayed it.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh no, oh no, sorry, all right, there was that Kirby Air Riders direct this morning forty five minutes, so Sacharai explaining just that it just a mer a mere forty five minutes. If by actually back, I.
Speaker 2: Was parking out the whole time, the time probably flew for him.
Speaker 1: That's right, baby.
Speaker 5: The game's out November twentieth for the Nintendo Switch to Yeah, it looks seventy dollars.
Speaker 3: By the way, they got seventy seventy dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same price as Donkey counpany.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: It looked more substantial than I was expecting I got.
Speaker 5: I guess I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't all of this, and that City Trial does look fun, especially like now that it's online and be easy to find.
Speaker 1: People to play with.
Speaker 5: That's probably something we'll spend some time with for sure. So yeah, everyone for the most part was like, yeah, this looks okay.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, it looks great.
Speaker 1: Actually, all jokes aside. I'm like, oh yeah, I'm I I'd like to play this now, right, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a really pretty looking game. I think the courses especially, they're really cool. That one track he showed with a Moses level. Right, you're parting the season then riding on ways, that.
Speaker 1: Was the Moses level. Jan don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Thank god Kirby fan service. He got Gooey as a playoff character. I went vertical for Gooey. Oh you know what your cara? Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Caught a little bit of the talkover y'all did. And the thing that instantly made me turn it off is Mike's terrible take that the Kirby anime was bad.
Speaker 1: He was banger after banger.
Speaker 2: That theme song is great, right back at you. Yeah, mic takes Mike. I did just realize from your shirt if I can sell you on weapons. Mickey and Minnie Mouse both appear on screen and weapons.
Speaker 3: Wow, it must be really.
Speaker 2: Trying to get him in the theater.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's an s cargo called s Cargoon in the anime. Mic and that's that's good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agooner, Well that didn't like that. Never mind.
Speaker 5: Tails of Zilly a remaster announced, Uh this is coming to switch p S five, xbox X and S and Steam on October thirty. First, what the fuck is a Zilia.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I like the Tales series. They've been remastering a lot of them. This is one of the PS three games, of which there were quite a few from that era. It's not one that I usually hear the most praise for, so I'm kind of wondering if I'm gonna check this one out. The last one they did with was Tales of Grace's f which was originally a wee game that then got poured over to PS three and then got remastered. And I played through that one, and then by the time I was done with it, I was like, I don't think that was really worth my time. I was only okay on that one. But some of these games, like Simponia, I think it's great. Uh, Dasperia Tales of Asparia, which was remastered on on Ago, I think that one is fantastic. That's the one I would recommend the most. Soazily, I'm not sure. Also Tells of Sily was one of the few ones I had direct sequel, and I think a lot of people are weirdered out we're not just getting Tals of Zilia and Tales of Zilia two remastered together because it is a bit of a duology, So yeah, I was kind of hoping for maybe them to do Tales of the Abyss, which is a p S two game that people love that got a three D s port that's not available on modern platforms, or even Bursaria. I believe I hear more about, generally than the Zilly games. So you know, I'm glad they're continued to remaster these, but Zilia isn't exactly the one. I'm going to go vertical for.
Speaker 1: These? Are these? Namco tells Namco.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is kind of their big j RPG series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's certainly a lot. How many are there?
Speaker 3: There's what Tells, Tales of Fantasia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of uh Eternia, Tales of Simponia, Tales of Legendia, Tales of the Abyss, Tells of Tales of Bursaria, Tales of the Abyss, Tales.
Speaker 1: Of Hearts is one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a bunch of these things.
Speaker 1: That's twelve alone right there.
Speaker 3: All right, well, shit, oh is a rise in this Rise was the last brand new one we got.
Speaker 1: I like the Rise? Yeah, people like that? Yeah, all right. Microsoft hints at a more affordable Xbox Cloud Gaming plan just what everyone was craving.
Speaker 5: Microsoft is exploring more affordable and accessible options for Xbox cloud gaming, potentially including new pricing tiers or regions, as hinted by Microsoft Gaming CFO Tim Stewart and Vice president of Next Generation Jason Ronald. Currently, Xbox cloud gaming is exclusive to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, who have to pay twenty dollars a month for all of those benefits. Microsoft is also working with AMD on dedicated Silicon for the next generation of Xbox hardware, focusing on advanced rendering technologies like neural rendering and AI capabilities just like everyone's always been craving as well, some of which will be tested on the upcoming Xbox ally X device. These developments suggested a future where Xbox and Windows are more integrated.
Speaker 1: Blah blah.
Speaker 5: It's a reminder Microsoft is under well. Xbox specifically is under a BDS boycott call because of their support for the ethnic linsing in Gaza, which they.
Speaker 1: Are very much a part of. Yeah, boy, I just the cloud gaming thing is just not.
Speaker 5: Really moving the needle at all anymore. Right, Like, even like you know, I was like, yeah, I might get it eventually, we'll I'll be playing that way, but I don't know what that timeline looks like.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if I believe that anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean storage space is just so much more readily available now. I don't even know what we need the cloud for, you know, obviously some stuff. I've always been a cloud gaming hater. I've never liked that.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was a bad experience. I think it should always like eight better, right, you like squall more.
Speaker 3: There's the day and I'm just taking a guy, give me that Monkey Tale.
Speaker 1: Gee it.
Speaker 5: And the reality is the Xbox cloud gaming is pretty bad. Like it's like they kind of like launched in beta and never did much more to it. It's visual quality, image quality is pretty low. It also takes every time I've done it, like when you try to start up a game, it takes like five minutes for to like start like spinning up a server somewhere or a blade on a server and then finally get the game going. It's infuriating, like.
Speaker 1: If this is to put them, is anyone doing it? I guess the G four stuff is pretty good, right, and Vidio g.
Speaker 5: Force now is definitely much better in every regard, even the PlayStation cloud stuff got an upgrade in the last year or two to kind of make it quite a bit better as well. But and g Force now is the one that I would recommend.
Speaker 3: Some Luna completely dead or what.
Speaker 5: I have a Luna controller in this room with me right now.
Speaker 3: They should have used that to control the drone and War of the.
Speaker 2: World the future delivery.
Speaker 1: Amazon.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm just gonna say, we don't have actually look at it. I still have my Google what was that. You have until the end of this year to update those controllers to work as regular Bluetooth controllers on your PC. Yeah, and it's real simple. I did this over the weekend. Actually, I just had it like plugged into my computer for some reason, and I like went to the website. It's just a web app and you just got to go through the settings real quick, hit a couple buttons and it'll update it. And that they're decent controllers. I didn't I never hated the stadium controllers. Y.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Stadia is also a good alternative sweetener.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right. Pokemon Legends is the Pokemons mode the Pokemon Company.
Speaker 5: Z A Battle Club, a new four player online battle game mode for Za it basically just who can kill the most Pokemon in a certain amount of time.
Speaker 3: Finally, what's up? Can I help you?
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. Pokemon World is coming to where I live. Next to you is coming to San Francisco. If I do not get in, I'm going to open up my own gym next door. Out on the we'll have Pokemon battles on the streets. But legitimately, the actual really big news for the VGC community is that Scarlett and Violet is going to be replaced with Pokemon Champions, which is the VGC based game that they've been showing teasing, which is it's huge because for the last X amount of years it's been a mainline Pokemon game to do the VGC stuff.
Speaker 1: So this is wild. Wow. Yes, So, like I like to break that down.
Speaker 5: When they have these tournaments, people have to play the most recent game to do the battle mode for the video game tournaments at Pokemon Champions A Championships. Now they have Pokemon Champions which is a specific like like containerized version of the ballto mode that people could just access directly right and that is going to be on both switch and phone or Switch and mobile.
Speaker 4: It's not out yet. Okay, otherwise that would have been the game this week that takes over my life.
Speaker 5: But they did promise that that will be the way that they do the battle mode, at least for Pokemon Champion Ships twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six in SF.
Speaker 4: So I'm hoping and I'm wondering if there is going to be an actual, like organized spectator mode, because that has always been lacking in the actual games. If you're trying to if you're trying to do a tournament, you have to show someone unless you are Nintendo or Pokemon proper, you have to show someone's gameplay. And in that process, uh, there is the likelihood that you're showing off this person's decision making process in what moves they're making. And I'm going to trust some VGC players that they don't haven't like, looked at the other person's screen while this is happening, But big news for people like Seawan and I. Also, I want Sean and I to take replays of VGC matches and commentate over them. I want to be the Yeah, we could SHOUTcast that. I want to be there. Yeah, I digress, cleft key Jones over here. All right, Well, so you're back in Huh, you just know you're back again yet? Okay, all right, I wouldn't say I thought you were out.
Speaker 1: That sounded it's when I when you know Ken want and Abe let them fight. I'm in.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 4: Have like ten percent interest in Pokemon LEGENDSZA like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care for it. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't need to roam around fake Paris. I've already done that in Expedition thirty.
Speaker 5: Three PlayStation will reportedly hold its regular September state of play this year.
Speaker 3: US said that why Moron would suggest such a thing?
Speaker 5: Uh, that's according to Giant Bomb journalist Jeff Gramo. Well shit, God damn it. I didn't know that was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: They've had a state of play every September for like the last six years or something like that. I forgot that. So when I heard, like, yeah, that sounds right, but yes, it does sound right, I I think, like, how do I set expectations for this? I don't know everything that's going to be in there, I think, but like, like, to me, it feels like the biggest game could be in there from Sony itself. It's maybe that God of War spin off that was supposed to come out this year. That's not next year on the two D Metroid Vanua one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now there there always could be the Corey Barlog game that could that could show up here.
Speaker 1: It feels too early.
Speaker 5: There could be a bunch of other like, Uhny Sony Santa Monica's game probably is gonna be like the next really really big one if it's not U Wolverine. The Wolverine also feels like it's way too early. The second maybe maybe next year, maybe the year after that. Yeah, what would so in Somniak would be Wolverine.
Speaker 3: Right, unless they're doing that Venom thing. I mean, we got to see more about Heretic.
Speaker 1: Yeah so Venom.
Speaker 5: I I just don't. I don't think Venom's like not happening, but I don't know if it's happening next Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't. I just don't. It's probably gonna be a stay to play.
Speaker 3: I don't know how excited people the big Fair Games showcase, right, Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: That's I didn't include that news. Oh no, I didn't include that news.
Speaker 5: Fair Games is now the latest live service shooter cancelation. If Michael Pactor is to be believed.
Speaker 3: I didn't actually even know. I was not trying to do the seguay.
Speaker 1: Below this to compile the news you liear, what are you talking about? Michael Pactor is not to be believed. The game is not canceled yet.
Speaker 5: But when I ask about this game, there's definitely like a sort of like, yeah, man, I don't know why it's canceled or not canceled yet either, like sort of thing. Uh, there's definitely a suggestion I think that had this game not been publicly announced, they probably would have scrapped it by now. It's that embarrassment that I think it might just be embarrassment that's keeping them going. I don't know if that's for sure. I really have no clue if that's exactly what's going on, but it's definitely the sense I get when I when I ask around about it.
Speaker 1: We'll see does fair Games show up at any like?
Speaker 5: I don't think they show because their Fair Games is one that just got new leadership as well, like Jade Raymonds left. They probably want to let that cook for.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 2: All yeah, bringing the closer quick update on a game I talked about earlier. Sort of the c I just realize is on ps plus today.
Speaker 5: Oh cool, okay, all right, yead.
Speaker 2: Check it out on pslus.
Speaker 1: Thanks for doing that, Dan Mark.
Speaker 2: Also all right, I got your codes too, so oh you're sit.
Speaker 5: Wow wow, all right, last handful of stories here. The next Resident Evil remakes are, according to a rumor, code Veronica and zero, and they'll come out in twenty twenty seven and twenty twenty eight. Although the person who had the rumor, who is that dust skullen person who has had accurate Capcom information before also had some stuff wrong before, who knows? This sounds right to me? I would certainly hope that's the case, and I hope it would be code Veronica in twenty twenty seven and then zero in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Uh. I'm we probably don't get these get news about this for a little bit.
Speaker 5: They're still get focused on nine. But nine is like, oh, that's the thirtieth anniversary. Yes, the thirtieth anniversary of Resident Evil. Yeah, so I think I think they'll want to like carry that momentum forward and be like, Okay, nine's here and this is still the dirtith anniversary. Here's other reasons to be excited for what's happening next year. And maybe they start talking about these games, but you guys can't think of any other resiing over games that should be remade before this, right, you shouldn't be five.
Speaker 3: And zero more.
Speaker 5: I break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, They're going to do a remake of one again at some point, sure, but I kind of want them to do that after they have exhausted all the other ones.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want Code Veronica and then like zero. If they can make zero good, yeah, I think is the reason to do this. If they give remake treatment like that could be awesome.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah co Veronica though, because they they've technically already skipped over that one when they went from three to four, because Coverroonica did happen in between those, So I think going back to that right now would be great. And that's a game that you know, was really like well like at the time. I think some people say it's aged a bit because that was the first one that didn't have the pre rendered backgrounds, least of the main line games. So some of that looks kind of a little maybe a little ugly now, especially if you compair from other games of that quote unquote generation, like the look of Coveronica compared to that Resuval one remake is kind of a difference of leagues.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think with both of these they can do a ton and I would love to get both of them.
Speaker 1: Uh and then and I please. I talked to someone last night actually about how the RI four remake was their first experience with Residue before cool and because they're because they're twenty years old, right right, Uh. And I just found that to be amazing. And I'm like, you know what, Like that's it's just great. It's great you can talk about the same kind of experience with that game. I think that's the magic is that all those moments are like magically carried over, do you know what I mean? And I think, uh, And it's like, yeah, there's really no reason for this person. They're like the two thousand and fours.
Speaker 5: Play the Wei versions.
Speaker 4: Yeah you think so, Jen, maybe the Wei version or if like they have a VR helmet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's like, especially answer just recently finishing it. It's like tough to crack. But I don't I don't know if the appetite is there, and I don't think it needs to be. I think that's just kind of so special about these remakes and just uh, you know, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Great because they don't necessarily replace the originals because they are so different. But also they kind of, you know, they can I'm not going to I think they can. Yeah, Like like for me, it's like, yeah, I think you can still play Resident Evil too on the PlayStation one. That's still a really interesting, a cool experience, but it's Notbody was twenty. I would you have to play both of them? No, play for remake. You'll have a great time.
Speaker 1: And it also be like, how am I meant to even do that? Old man?
Speaker 3: Like, have you heard of retro archy? Install a Yahoo searching?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, you know, look like go steal a game cube. I don't know, like get the game. Like no, that that's just not a realistic or reasonable thing to ask of someone who's.
Speaker 3: Uh plus a streams so freaking Resilo Remake is one of the best games I have a resuble to. Remake is one of the best games ever. They've been doing such a good job with them.
Speaker 2: I can finally finish the story with Code Veronica because I did the thing where I hard locked myself out of progressing. Oh really, that is the reason that I have like nine hundred save files every time I play a game. Now, oh now I can finally beat it.
Speaker 1: Do you learn something real that's taught you something?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What do you think Resident Evil seven is going to look like down the line when it gets remastered? Because way down the line, right, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Guess it's twenty years away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the least, like games from what what's the year we have to have? Twenty sixteen and forward? Is this kind of like games don't actually look.
Speaker 1: That much better that I always point.
Speaker 3: I think that's you know, seven is a little bit past that. So I'm sure there's things they can do.
Speaker 5: Well, we already had last of us. It's not always about like what can they do? It's about can they make more money by reselling it? So they'll come up with something to do.
Speaker 4: Now, Capcom get ready to cut the check here, d makes.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure didn't that with Dark Void?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: Make a PS one version of Red seven? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Do that for Resident Evil six? Right, just take a contra like.
Speaker 1: Actually on board. My gut tells me the audience for that is not as large as you. But yeah, the resid.
Speaker 5: Evil audience though, is big enough to like justify that a couple of times. It can't be like it's not gonna sell it res evil fucking four No, no way, all right, Jeff, back of our's most anticipated game, that new Jurassic Park Survival. Uh that that your es Uh it's a survival here? I think, yes, Trespasser too.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: They did it behind the scenes on this just kind of confirming that game is still happening. They're pretty excited about it from all the way that they're talking in there.
Speaker 1: They had people from.
Speaker 5: Universal being like, this is this is it? This is the real Jurassic Park game. It takes place a day after the first Jurassic Park movie. You play as a scientist and you're trying to escape, and it just it looks pretty promising.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's called survival. I apologize, Jeff, it happens. I was like not sure as well as I was saying it and reading it here on my screen.
Speaker 1: Wait, why is this my anticipator?
Speaker 3: You were you were a funny guddy when they revealed this game.
Speaker 1: You were like we were all like that looks pretty cool, and Becker was like it was kind of har I'm the Jurassic Park guy, right, but the frame rate wasn't up to your seat.
Speaker 5: It was like and they got like dropped in a couple of things. You're like, Nope, that's trash, and I'm like, okay, I mean look, it didn't look great. Hopefully they'll be able to pull it up, pull together. This is another Saber joint. They're doing a ton stuff. We talked about that every time I bring this up. But they're doing tur Rock, They're doing that that new game that I'm excited about about about Docking where you're yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah, yeah, you know that kind that kind too, Mike, Yeah, sure, doing the Nights, the Old Republic remake they're doing. Yes, they're the ones that took that over. There's a bunch of others as well.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: So they're doing that Hell Razor game that's not an asymmetrical multiplayer game. It is a straight up like survival action horror game.
Speaker 1: Uh. And they're doing the same thing with drask Park. I hope it's good. This seems I'm excited for it.
Speaker 3: I think it looks really neat.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: Last thing here, as we get done, games Com will just be going on Opening Night Live is gonna get start. We're going to talk over that, so I'm not I'm not sure like we should be doing any sort of predictions or whatever. Let's do like one last like, hey, do you have any hopes or dreams for what you want to see from games Com? And then we'll get to see really fast if it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I hope a game comes out on Mikey's birthday and he can task that.
Speaker 5: That'd be sure. Yeah, I just turned to some I'd be like, that's my birthday.
Speaker 3: This is and I'm not expecting it, but this is kind of my almost my last hope for foun Fantasy nine remake. We'll see.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm pulling for you, rooting for you, Randy, legitimate thing, Randy Pitchford will show up. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: You had the freaking yeah with the Peter maulin New Jump Scare last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, God, all right, I hope he's back with Gottess two, Curious thank you, Yes, Curiosity Cube, Curiosity Tube. There we go, all right, Uh well and we have right in here, so I'm just gonna say, uh, I think it's still going on our beta test for the website Enormous Explosive dot com. Go check that out. It's good, good day's happening. He's doing some really good work. So if you are a premium member, you should go check that out. If you want to check it out, you could just become a premium member giant bomb dot com slash join, then go to Enormous Explosive dot com and sign in and you can partake.
Speaker 1: All right, Jan that it for that line. I'm handing it over to you and yours fantastic. We're going to take a quick bricky break and we will be back with emails and super chats. If you got any, We'll see you on the other side. These are the emails for the show.
Speaker 4: I will read your emails now. Emails bombcastagiant bomb dot com is email. Just send your emails to. You can write in about any and everything something we funky we've said on the website across the internet. Please feel free to write in about it. We don't accept corrections because we've never made a mistake.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: Uh, you got a fun quiz you want to avoid an awkward social interaction, or you got some fun trivia, send that our way at BombCast. At giant bomb dot com. First email of the show alla gbzibotsu. In line of recent and upcoming video game to movie adaptations, a movie podcaster I follow declared he was going to make his own return to video games after twenty five years away by playing to completion Death Stranding and Elden Ring, which are are, obviously and hilariously two of the worst games to pick up to try and get back into video games after a long time away. What are other terrible ways are there to get back into the passion of yours? Jan worst way to get into coffee Minati, worst theme park rider attraction backalar Are there any experts only pinball experts only pinball table? Other examples of hobbies? Love the show, Love you all, Mike from Loveland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the worst uh traction you can do to get back into theme parks is that Spider Man ride in California Adventures. So bad he just kind of move in front of screens and you're forced to do like this motion over and over.
Speaker 5: Wow, too much happens on the screen. I did that and it just made me mad. That ride I just had was having a bad time on there. I woul say real quick. I don't think Alden Ring is a bad choice for someone to get back into games. There are enough people that are like, again, I don't ever use this pejoratively, that are casual about games that just have spent like five thousand hours in Elder Ring. It's all they do, and they're like and there're people are just like, this is I don't know, that's the one game I play that it's video games to me, there's something about it that I think would be a really good thing for like to teach someone like this is what video games can be now and you can get completely lost in there, which I think what people want when they come to games after a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like souls games have become like a subset of streamers as well. Yeah, and just content creators of like no I only specifically do games of this style.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the chat's got Yeah, Tarkoff. Tarkoff would be a bad one to try if you were trying to get back in the game.
Speaker 1: Daisy, Daisy, Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The worst way to get into coffee is used just start by roasting your own straight off the bat, and you don't know what flavors to look for or how to you know, uh, properly extract a good.
Speaker 1: Roast, or or just putting the whole beans in the filter. Yes, yeah, that would be the worst possible way.
Speaker 2: And a bad way to get back into running after taking a winter off is yeah, to run to just start marathon training after not running for several months. That's a great way to get injured and not be able to run, So don't do that.
Speaker 5: The worst way to get into Star Wars is to watch any Star Wars content right now. It's mostly pretty bad, so yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, feels like people mostly agree that like pinball in the seventies was bad. You know, I don't know why, but I guess there's really nothing that's sort of like with the test of time there eighties is eighties. You know, a really bad game is the is the Mario Brothers pinball game. That game sucks. The game sucks. But no, it's like it's generalized.
Speaker 3: Yellow.
Speaker 1: Now I think it's a green and blue.
Speaker 3: There is a yellow one, I remember, Jans.
Speaker 1: I want to say it's got like mostly a super Mario world sort of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, backler, I'll see it on Facebook Marketplace every once in a while and be tempted just because oh man, that'd be a cool thing to have, and then like it's no.
Speaker 1: That's just the slanted coffee table for you, buddy.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's this blue one looks like it's based on three Yeah yeah around then I always whenever I see that in the wild, I'm just oh no, now I see the one with Yoshi Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever I see in the wild, I'm just like fuck that. Yeah, I think that for me. You know, there's there's just just because it has a good theme doesn't mean it's a good game. Yep, all right.
Speaker 4: Next email comes from Jeff in Quebec. Hey, gang, why is there so many games featuring spooky skeletons rolling around a giant wooden wheel like Axle from Twisted Metal?
Speaker 2: That is so that's not right.
Speaker 4: That is so fucking specific, not really mentioned another media yet. I oh there, Dan goes and bam there they are. What other common enemy types? Would you ban from any and all future games? Because I mean we've seen it all by enough by now, Jeff from Quebec.
Speaker 1: Dam are you just trying to prove to us that Axl's wheel is not wooden?
Speaker 5: We know that's not.
Speaker 2: Wooden and he's not a skeleton.
Speaker 3: Were talking that's under all that flesh or that's not that's a man, that's not a skeleton.
Speaker 4: Well, also in Dan's defense, Axel has two keys an axle, right, and he has two wheels versus the one skeleton wheel.
Speaker 1: That's just doing like weird cartwheels.
Speaker 3: Okay, now wait a second, I think what I think we're misreading here? Why do so many games features speak skeletons rolling around a giant wooden wheel. We're rowing around in the style of actual Axel is not an example the enemy type here from Dark Souls.
Speaker 1: You know, the real question is are Axel's hands not inside the wheels?
Speaker 2: No twitch, meddle two ending. You gotta be careful what you ask Clipso for.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, okay, never mind, so be careful.
Speaker 3: I think it's just don't ask him for anything because they'll always just make it a bad thing.
Speaker 2: I just don't enter the Twist Metal tournament.
Speaker 3: It's a bad idea. Yeah. Enemy archetypes just like a ball that every once in a while it has spikes come out of it, So like, be careful when the spikes come out. There's always those guys they get a wreck with spikes the skeleton now great, Oh no, what do you mean me talking about that's very kid.
Speaker 2: I stopped myself from saying this earlier. I'm just gonna say it. I did not realize the actual thing was a play on a wheel act. Oh, like the vehicle star was like Axe Rose his name is that?
Speaker 3: Sure? Doesn't?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: That's okay, Yeah, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 2: You were like seven, But I don't think about cars ever.
Speaker 3: So it's better than during the War of the World's watch along thing when you were like, how are they able to just do this? That that Tom Cruise movie wasn't that long ago? They could just make another one.
Speaker 2: You were confused about the fair side public domain?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very public domain.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I look forward to Giant Bomb's take on War of the World's coming to a streaming service that is our own.
Speaker 3: On Baby, I'll call you back. I got on a Zoom call, I got a Microsoft team's call with the president. Can you enjoy that.
Speaker 4: Quick show like going around the table? Where's the last time you like? Facetimed or video called a friend or a relative?
Speaker 3: A lot of holidays, Yeah, I was doing a lot of them during the zoom or the pandemic. My friends, they're even more boomers than me. They were doing Skype calls during.
Speaker 1: All of that.
Speaker 3: Sleep is still around, it's not anymore, it's what are we gone? They're all like, what do you mean skype Scott? When I told them and I tried to explain discord to them, I don't know if it's really gone.
Speaker 1: I think Skype turned into teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's gone.
Speaker 5: Man really knows what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Huh h Yeah, every my every Sunday, my life, you know, face times with her mom. Okay, that's how people talk. What do you mean, Jan, I'm just not a facetimer. I'm sorry, I don't want to that is a phone talker. I think that's the dominating sort of way that people communicate.
Speaker 4: Now, Like I'll chatting like I love a good phone call, you know, but like I just don't want to look at someone's face.
Speaker 1: I hear you.
Speaker 4: Also, like I get self conscious of like am I holding the phone too low that it looks unflattering for me? So then I have to like hold it up like that. I don't want to think about that all.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Next email comes from let's skip around here, so we have some time before games come. Evie May writes in Hey Duders, my girlfriend and I watched a really interesting movie tonight called Under the Silver Lake. It's David Robert Mitchell's blank Check follow up to it follows it flopped and it reviewed incredibly mixed.
Speaker 1: So why should you watch it?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Giant bomb?
Speaker 4: It's because it features a Nintendo Power magazine as a plot point, has Disasterpiece as the composer, and if that connection to FES wasn't enough, features tons of cryptography. Also, it is heavily inspired by David Lynch. If that's not enough, Andrew Garfield is pretty hot in it, despite playing kind of a sleezeball check it out. If you do, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Would make for a great discussion too, if you need a content justification.
Speaker 1: Love y'all. May I've heard of it? Sil is that? Is that the movie Under the Silver Lake? Under this? Under under the Silver Lake? Okay, uh, okay, maybe we'll check that out. Uh.
Speaker 4: We only review terrible movies on this God.
Speaker 3: You're what I like about War of the Worlds?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Surprisingly not a very violent movie. Did any of the face and does any character of lines die in. Yes.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing about that, Mike, is when I was watching that movie, I might have been a little high. And and so the night a minute movie felt like five hours. And it's still a good way. And so as the movie's progressing, if I'm like with you, Mike, I'm like, this is not too like in your face or anything.
Speaker 1: And then there's the scene where the pregnant lady is bleeding out.
Speaker 5: It's so visceral and and insane and they're just showing it all and I'm like, I can't handle this.
Speaker 1: I don't even real I don't even think it's like rated. I don't even think it's like I'm rating.
Speaker 5: Doesn't know about this one.
Speaker 3: There is just the one non sexual fuck right. That's how I think I know the rating.
Speaker 5: Those action scenes him just move bitsch get out the way, and I'm kind of like tumbling over.
Speaker 1: It's so incredible.
Speaker 2: The dolly zoom on a zoom call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: God uh like when was it?
Speaker 1: Hold on? One second?
Speaker 4: Okay, two years ago, in my email box, I got a film premiere invitation that we we should have just done. I should have just shared it with a gang at the time, but it was for eighty for Brady.
Speaker 3: Oh you mentioned this before?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we man, we should have gone to that great was.
Speaker 1: That where people were like all the old Grandma's tom rita Moreno, not y Ripley.
Speaker 2: Who's the.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah yeah right from Cheers? No, yeah, yes, Danny DeVito's yeah, okay cool?
Speaker 4: But god, how hilarious would have been if like the five of us showed up to a red carpet thing. You know, We've talked about movies a bunch, but the premiere we get to go to is for eighty for Brady.
Speaker 3: I would love that Mouse is here, John Mouse. I'd make him a big fan. Said it home Fire, which part specifically Mickey, I'll do anything for you, the one with the children, Mike, all right, Mickey, I'll burn them all.
Speaker 5: Just let me thank you.
Speaker 1: You know, opens part of this is a joke, but sometimes I think it's real.
Speaker 10: Is that the amount of weapons I think, I think when Mike, I think when Mike like interacts with something Mickey adjacent or Mickey, I think we're getting raw uncut Manati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Place I'm steamboat Willy.
Speaker 3: Just to let you know it's okay, it's sorry, that's public.
Speaker 1: We're tapping a vain with him, and we put Willy in our war of the world do whatever we want to say. That's how we infect the Mother.
Speaker 2: The Pooh and Popeye.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's all these characters on zoom calls about aliens.
Speaker 1: Can be in there as well, and were a few years for the original back. Yeah, I called you, Jesus, Jesus, we can't.
Speaker 2: We need to kill Warren Batty if we want to get Dick Tracy rights.
Speaker 1: If I'm not sure the murderer of Warren Baby inherits his will. That's exactly how it works. Of the Dick Tracy eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Let's just wait it out. He's eighty eight.
Speaker 1: He again again upon his death the rights that Dick Tracy do not transfer. That's not anything.
Speaker 3: There can't possibly be a movie or character franchise that Zoomers care less about than Dick.
Speaker 1: If they watched it, they would Baldwin's The Shadow.
Speaker 2: They love that Tracy is fucking awesome about the Phantom.
Speaker 1: I love that movie. Im same for the saying, is what I say insane in the membrane Neurosis. You're right, Dick Tracy should be in Fortnite.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna say, look, I think it'd be deep, but you know they're at the tail end of characters that they haven't put in Fortnite yet.
Speaker 1: True, Mikey there, I don't know the cast of Cheers remains outside of the Fortnite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we still need a sitcom pac right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It'll be friends.
Speaker 4: Seld Alf's not in fort like uh, Elaine's Little Kicks dance as an emo.
Speaker 3: Awful dance, right, that'd be so good.
Speaker 1: Just just Larry David as himself.
Speaker 4: Thinking you can't pick up a gun as Larry David, you just sort of do that faint is that face?
Speaker 2: The suspicious face?
Speaker 3: Like you know, I was thinking about you, and I saw the clip from Seinfeld where Putty was raw dogging an airplane and a lane broke up with him over it. It's good.
Speaker 4: Oh God, just give me the Putty pack. Every character that guy's ever played what's his name again, Patrick?
Speaker 3: I won him as the flight attendant who does the safety spiel for Soren.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that character and Kroc and Kronk yes uh, and Lemony Snicket in a series of unfortunate events all right, Yeah, I get rkle in there.
Speaker 3: The Ninetiesle would have been like number three.
Speaker 2: Bel Johnson in any form, No Reginald Bell Johnson always just a cop.
Speaker 3: Though you'll see that Erkle Saves Christmas came out like last year. What it's an animated special. I think no other Family Matters characters are in it. It's just about Steve Rkle saving Christmas. And I've gotta know what that is.
Speaker 2: Like hear me out Fortnite character Ernest.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, he would have been number five.
Speaker 1: This was the coach.
Speaker 4: It was maybe a little hell yeah, I was maybe a little young at the time when the show was actually airing, but was like Screech from Saved by the Bell a beloved character.
Speaker 2: Was circle uh like like yeah, he was must be more annoying. Ercle was more lovable. I think Dustin Diamond just put a little stink on screen.
Speaker 4: Was after the.
Speaker 3: What about Juughhead? What can we get some archie characters?
Speaker 4: Archerdale, Mike, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: None of this edgy reboot stuff where freaking Mindy dies at the end of season two. I want like good old fashion going down to the soda shop. Veronica, who knows was better for you? It's it's Betty, but yeah, I want.
Speaker 2: That always a Veronica guy aunt Becky from full House in Fortnite, go to jail.
Speaker 1: You could use the money, yeah, oh no, yes, yeah for it.
Speaker 3: Don't feel too bad, just for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a little time.
Speaker 1: A fraud too, was just a little jail was fraud?
Speaker 3: Or she was bribing people to get her kids into good school.
Speaker 1: It was that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically it was whose.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Last crush ever, the last two emails of the show. This one comes from Rock from Spokane, I know it's Spokane to the bomb Boobers. I have a story of a video game helping me get a job. I applied to be a box truck driver for the local newspaper. This was in twenty nineteen, and yes, I was also surprised they were still around anyway. When I first drove the truck with my boss, he was telling me to break a turn wide while I was already in the middle of said wide turn. He was surprised at how fast I picked it up and told him that I played a lot of your truck simulator too. He was impressed with the entire drive and I got the job despite running a forklift into a wall later that day.
Speaker 1: My question is the opposite.
Speaker 4: Is there anything you experienced in a video game that was totally different in real life. I just got a beginner's lock picking set, and it's very different from Skyrim, obviously, but there's lots of different types of walks, and it seems insane that an area the size of a video game would all have the same size, same blocks, and he would use the same technique for each one. Cheers Rock from Spokane.
Speaker 5: I had a friend when I worked at Subway when Tony Hawk's Pro Skater was huge, as like when it was first huge, and he because everyone was like so into skateboarding because Tony Hawk, he wanted to learn how to skateboard and he was trying to do like he was trying, like he got pretty okay, but he like never shook the Tony Hawk like foundation to the point where even when he was doing kickflips, you could still see his hand doing the the input motion for the controller, Like he was in his brain like still doing kickflips and how does that even work? They're so unrelated, but he just like that's that, yeah, he did. I think he just connected these motions in his head, and that's how he learned how.
Speaker 2: To skateboard, trying to flip into manuals.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think this is helping, but uh yeah he kept doing it all sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I played a billion games of NBA jan before I joined like a basketball team, and it's just it's.
Speaker 4: Not like that.
Speaker 1: But you got handles we saw in the travel, Yeah of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Grinding is not the same like it is in video games, specifically with your shoes or feet. I remember buying soap shoes as a kid, thinking like, I'm just gonna be like Sonic a ratchet and clank. No, I fucking ate it big time on a curb.
Speaker 1: I mean, not to blow everyone's mind, but uh, pretty much everything Yeah, everything, okay, Like nothing translates aside from like sudoku and maybe poker, and it's just like like it is in Final Fantasy.
Speaker 3: I had a casino game for the nes. It turns out slot machines do just work.
Speaker 1: Like that, you know, Like what is There's nothing easy in real life? Nothing is easy.
Speaker 3: Fishing is both a lot like actual fishing and not like it at all. Right, video games the real fishing.
Speaker 2: Powerwash, so sure, pretty close.
Speaker 1: Way easier in game.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, yeah, no, I bought a powerwasher after getting into that game and used it one time and fucked up my driveway and then sold it.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, you're fucking destroyed your driving.
Speaker 2: And sold the house. Well, the driveways.
Speaker 1: Destroyed, vi as, we'll sell the house. No way to fix that.
Speaker 4: A game about digging a hole. Digging a hole is actually very hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can can't buy a jetpack very easily. It turns out grade one.
Speaker 1: You know, being a mosquito in a game easier than being one in real life.
Speaker 5: Lord knows, we've tried.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, playing ye playing a guitar, right, there's a guitar hero than you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess the drum stuff translates somewhat, yeah, rhythm borrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Last email of the show before we get the super chats comes from Andreas from Speed and High BombCast. Due to time zones, I'm rarely awake to watch and comment live, but this is something I thought you absolutely needed to be aware of after I heard you talking about how there should be a third person mode for Trespaster. The player model is actually just what you see in the game. A pair of breasts and an arm, and it's attached to a wheel hit box that is that basically rides on to make you move because of how the engine works. This is also why going upstairs feels weird. You're basically riding a unicycle. Hope this sound likes Andreas from Sweden.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dan, Dan sent me video of so I'm going to third person mode and having the character fall down a hill and it's just a two D plane of boobs and an arm, like just tumbling over for five minutes straight.
Speaker 1: It ruled my dream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm that what we all.
Speaker 3: Want so excited for you to play more of than tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You gotta fight.
Speaker 3: You're looking for a key now hours.
Speaker 5: See I'm looking for a blue key and people are like, this could take five minutes or five hours, Like, yeah, I guess I didn't think about the fact that we didn't not have any idea where that key was.
Speaker 3: You're like the whole abandoned town, right, it'll.
Speaker 2: Be easier to defend it.
Speaker 5: That's right. I know where a turd is now. Man, that is a weird game.
Speaker 4: All right, Mike Minatti, do we have any YouTube super chests?
Speaker 3: Do have super chests?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: So much everybody. Avid Demon says Love Want a Leash is so much better than War of the World's isn't even close. Love Want a Leash has hearts. War the World's has bez. I don't know how to say his names. Money Lady had to pay her actors with want thoughts. Look, I don't I don't want to have to play this card, but like, Love Want a Leash has as a gay joke in the first two minutes, right, one of the first jokes is that, no, it's just that the dogs being picked by a guy and the dogs like, I don't know, not you, I'm not gay.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 3: A lot of things there.
Speaker 2: Watch when that joke happens, and he just screamed.
Speaker 3: That's right. I think that was the most Jeff grub I ever found. Actually, just three after that lie, I think that Love Out a Lash's is actually a I think they're both so bad that they're fun to watch. Well, Alsh is a grosser movie than what was even with all the Amazon bullshit, which is gross and bad. Sure Side from Saskatchewan says is Mike taking food off your families with his draconian mug policy. Thoughts on Flyback Lar in the latest Pickle Draft All Timer Pickle Draft episode.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry what you should watch that?
Speaker 1: It's really really really good?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah they could pick the draft. Shout out for the amazing work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike's sucking us on this.
Speaker 5: This is our money that he's Yeah, like I still direct family next time he's out of town.
Speaker 1: We are just gonna go in that store and put a mug up and make don't you dare?
Speaker 4: I don't know how hard this is to do, but a big thing in a bunch of different groups of fans lately are picture cards, right, not trading cards, but picture cards. The kpop people love this, Mike, Is it possible to have like a little wallet sized photo a randomized photo of one of us in each order?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Interesting? Sting?
Speaker 1: No? Oh well?
Speaker 3: Next up here is from Simon Again. It says you should make sitcom intro videos from seventies and nineties songs. I think it should just still be that last action, the Great American hero song right walking on?
Speaker 4: Eh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one that's so good, the one that George stands and made is is a Machine?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I only know it from the believe it or not.
Speaker 1: George isn't at home.
Speaker 3: I think I told you guys that I record a version of that from my family. That was our answering machine thing for like my entire life.
Speaker 4: I need to hear you say that to know that that's absolutely Next time all of us are in San Francisco, we should remake the Full House opening.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah's gone.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's the one.
Speaker 3: Wait. Was there was that Family Matters show? Yeah, to realize you said predictability there, I thought it was just kind of mumbling.
Speaker 5: There's no lyrics. That's what Lyn though.
Speaker 3: You know what if you ever seen because when they did Full House, they shot Upontot with a different person being Danny Tanner, and they filmed the intro to and that's the weird part to see. It's like there's the intro literally the car and the zoom out on the going and gate bridge and it's just some other guys.
Speaker 1: Like it. Yeah, who is it Barack Obama? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they call him black Danny Tanner.
Speaker 3: It's very uncomfortable, right, yeah, but it's it's like it's literally if you woke up with somebody else was pretend to be your mom and like try to give you a kiss. It's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I don't like seeing it.
Speaker 5: I do feel the same way about Bob Saggat that I feel about my mother.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, I agree.
Speaker 3: Next up is from Beard Beardsley says instant early Access for racoin What have you done to me?
Speaker 1: Jan? I'm sorry, I gotta take everyone else down with me.
Speaker 3: I want to downloaded it. I'm really into it.
Speaker 1: I like wet.
Speaker 5: We had that fun coin pusher like arcade like you know, asset flip game that was a lot of fun. We should go check and see how they've been done on that because they keep updating it.
Speaker 3: A p FuG Or Fugue says, I want steep to what impossible sequel?
Speaker 1: Do you want? Kirby's Dream Course Too is the only one that I would love that.
Speaker 5: It's not impossible, but it seems impossible.
Speaker 4: Final Fantasy two.
Speaker 3: I want to Star Tropics three. I want a very modern triple a Star Tropic like a Breath of the wildlike, but with Star Tropics. It will never happen, but it would rule anyone else. Dan the possible sequel, Yeah, not gonna happen, but you would love it.
Speaker 2: I say, whatever you're thinking, I was thinking twisted Metal. You know, it's not impossible, but it was rumored and like indevelopment, it just got canceled.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this show's doing well. I think I gotta be trying again right now with that show.
Speaker 1: Doing Yeah, yeah, isn't general like yes, really well, yeah there's a chance.
Speaker 2: Joe, Hell yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: But backwards you say it one? Are you you passing here?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think the impossible one. I don't know if I have been impossible, and I do in the spirit of Steep, I do want like an S S X tricky two.
Speaker 3: That's so impossible, a big two, the whole new line. Yeah, how about that? Yeah, that's that's a good one.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with these companies?
Speaker 5: That's like, I know what, I know it's boomer and I know it's it's like cook to say it, but it's also true. It used to be better, Like it honestly used to be better. Yeah, we got games and like that's just monstrably better than what we get today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Next up here is from Grant and p We better get be Week again soon.
Speaker 5: Potato wearing the B Week shirt during the pizza. What was the name of the I'm sorry pizza, Pizza pizza.
Speaker 2: Watch go to kind of Funnies YouTube and watch us and Drew Scanlon and Rory and Pugtato and me and Mike take on kind of funny and make some I.
Speaker 5: Won't spoil anything, but I really enjoyed that video.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 5: Well, i'll spoil that that was too much parmesan, Dan, but I'm just glad that you lived your truth.
Speaker 2: I just realized I thought it was just like the bass cheese and we.
Speaker 3: We can tell you're just like telling you and you weren't having your just like he's like, oh, that's not the right's like I like cheese.
Speaker 2: I thought he was telling me it was too much, and I was about to go into I'll tell you when I've had too.
Speaker 3: Much the wronges.
Speaker 1: Now it's Dan palmersan. I'm sorry, but yeah, yeah's awesome.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 3: I think the Premier League started up again.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 3: We got to see how our Brentford Bees are doing.
Speaker 4: Beheads. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna have a golf Week soon. You will have the return of b Week either later this year or next year.
Speaker 3: Next up is from the McClain. He says eighty for Brady is a surprisingly fun They didn't specify a surprisingly fun what, but I'm gonna assume movie or time probably yeah, uh yeah, I put that movie is a nice watch, sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten minutes of it or so. I like.
Speaker 3: I do like the genre of like old people having fun.
Speaker 1: Old old people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the genre and wild Hogs, guy, I kind of I kind of or Our Space Cowboys the Service.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel better about my own mortality.
Speaker 1: The geriatric cinema.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, Signs of Skatchewan's Backs, This Jan's right, Phantoms aged surprisingly well.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, Phantoms, Phantom, the Phantom okay, the game of that. Yes, I feel like they did something like a cartoon like The Phantom twenty ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I'm just kind of picturing one of us on Blake Club wearing the Phantom suit and it's pretty fun.
Speaker 5: That's a funny and yeah okay.
Speaker 3: Next up here is from the Dubious Food. Hello, g unit, have any you've been watching the Twist and l TV show? I saw David Jaffi reference yesterday and went t he what was the reference? I wondered, did they just swear on?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'll get to it eventually. I really like everyone on that show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard people like season two, maybe even more than that first one, which people were kind of surprised by how relatively good it was. And you here, people are seemed to be having a good time with it, which is shocking to me. Right when we were seeing the trailers for that, I think we were all dug on it.
Speaker 1: Trailers even on paper. It's a franchise that you just don't wouldn't think would work.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love the characters in the story of the game, but I don't know just a I just experienced in the game pretty much. But it sounds good.
Speaker 3: Spencer Nations said, I learned how to play shoot drums from playing Rock Bitch. Yeah, I think you said it back. That is the one that is the one instrument in those games. Rock Band three added like a keyboard thing and that right, and then there's rock Smith from Ubisoft, the actual learning guitar, actual guitar.
Speaker 5: All right, Yeah, that's I think that's still a going concern they made long ago, because that's what I said, it was a new one that a guitar like really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, do you have a guitar to preview rocks Like, no, it was like, we'll send you.
Speaker 4: H DJ Hero was not a good Oh god, Mike, stop waving that around.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: DJ Hero is not a good way to actually learn how to DJ. But I think fuser can actually teach you some good fundamentals.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh sure, yeah, but boy, DJ Hero ruled got a fun game. And then uh, Tristan k W says, the demo for hellos Us came out big recommend Yeah.
Speaker 1: Starting again soon as well. We should probably be on top of that. But I'm gonna tricker this hell is Us is That was that you game back of our hell is Us? It is a me game? And then Dan told me He's like, I don't think it's a U game. And then I was like, oh shit, maybe it isn't a me game. And then I tried the demo something I played and I seemed to enjoy it. It's down twelve days for the early accents. Yeah, I got it on Fantasy Critics. I'm crossing my fingers here.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can sign into my Fantasy Critics anymore. Oh, I think that was a wild fandom address.
Speaker 5: Oh you could probably we could probably reach out to the person that sight and get that fix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know Sean could reset something, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: He is the commissioner. Yeah, we can maybe check that. Maybe we can re send the email.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, all right, Mike.
Speaker 5: There's a Phantom twenty forty cartoon series, a game for that for the Super Nintendo that was generally positively reviewed.
Speaker 1: So not a Blight Club game, unfortunately.
Speaker 4: I'll dress up in a purple suit and play it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe we could just do it that way.
Speaker 1: It could be a license to thrill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mikey anymore super chats? No, it just seems a good don't meet yourself?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh I go where does the sneeze go?
Speaker 1: Right, Mike? Where does it go?
Speaker 5: I think it like goes into your heart valves and like them right like, yeah, always.
Speaker 2: Want and die?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it contains sneezes and blood? Right Oki Doki Gang? What do we got going on for the rest of this week?
Speaker 1: Games? Morning's popping? I'll Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, right grub that's right. Yeah, we'll be back all week. Looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: Uh, definitely too beautiful beautiful. Blake Club continues tomorrow with Jurassic Grub Jeffer.
Speaker 3: This game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: I Actually that's the This is why I kind of feel responsibility to give you guys so bad they're.
Speaker 1: Good games for your guys. This next game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they think I am legitimately falling in love with more of.
Speaker 1: The world's equivalent games. Yeah, yeah, yes, it's very similar.
Speaker 5: Like because it's so bad, you can look at the seams and look around and be like, there should be something here. Why didn't they think of that? Like, this is what a normal game would have. It's instructional, informative.
Speaker 4: This Thursday, we've got a very special kiss on the voicemail dumb Truck. Danny O'Dwyer is joining us. Uh Bender calls in now seven to seven exit flew to the dancers, questions, Oh yeah, get your dancers in you will, Well, you have like a mini dancers, like a rapid fire one. This Friday, on unprofessional Fridays, we're playing Bubbsy Robo. No, that's not a Bobsy mod. We were playing the new Bubbsy remaster, The Perfect Collection as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Perfect the Perfect Collection as she b robo. Uh Dan's going to try that for the first time. Yeah, I think you're gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I think I am too.
Speaker 4: We may, if there's time, we may throw in some rack coin push her into there as well. Maybe I'll just want to finish sometime on the website Thursday.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do abyss us. Abyssus right? That four player a rogue light cooperative game.
Speaker 1: It's a shooter.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's abyss with us at the end of its weird.
Speaker 2: I hear you, and you're right, all of you. I should be a team player in games.
Speaker 1: See now, this is the problem.
Speaker 5: He's going to overcompensate and become so cooperative that it's also going to be a problem seeing.
Speaker 3: A fucker be so cooperative.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to be a team player. No horsing around, no troll, and I'm just going to be a good teammate.
Speaker 1: You want you to change, Dan, You can't. You don't possessed the ability to do that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can turn it on.
Speaker 1: I can turn it off. You watch you, watch me?
Speaker 4: You see now this feels competitive in a way that it isn't cooperative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just broken.
Speaker 2: I can turn it on. I can turn it off.
Speaker 1: The problem I see Dan set the evil okay, exactly. The factory setting okay gang, and we were just talking about it.
Speaker 4: But please go check out on kind of Funnies YouTube, the Pizza Bandit video that we did with them. A lot of fun times. Once again, shouts out to pug Tato, Matthew Rory, and Drew Scanland for popping on Team GP and going against the kind of funny gang. No spoilers, but hey, it's a very good time, very good time.
Speaker 1: Indeed. MSI thanks, ms I thank your support. Once again. The Giant BombCast is presented by MSI.
Speaker 4: If you were going to pass West next week and go ahead and stop by the m s I booth, tell them that we sent you.
Speaker 3: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: Don't be shy, don't don't be shy.
Speaker 5: Also, don't be creepy and whisper it. Just tell them, yeah, saying Giant Bomb sent me. And because I went, one of you guys to win when the stuff that they're giving away and send it to me, yeah, and give it to Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want one of you guys out there to win a mobo. All right, we can need some hot MOBOs. They're good for jippoo's and all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: What for, they're good for what MS and ps are good for jips collectibles to say words properly.
Speaker 5: I also don't expect you to change.
Speaker 1: You're good for your rams. I'm gonna keep shortening words and swords a gang. I think that about does it for the Giant bomb, cast Under and the Raid.
Speaker 5: When Jan read MOBOs, I could tell he was delighted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mobo, I'm always delighted to say something with hella syllables or just fun words in it.
Speaker 9: Anything that ends in an oh sound, bongstid does it, John bobcast. He's been Jeff, he's been Jeff, he's been Mike, he's been Dan, I've been Jan. We're presented by MSI. We'll see you next week for another episode of the show. I love you, good Bye, Happy birthday, Dad.
Speaker 1: Love you