Speaker 1: All right, if you haven't heard yet, Monday, we're gonna be doing our show at Dave and Busters, the one off seventy five that's near Walnut Hill, I believe Dallas location off of Highway seventy five there. Come on out and join us for doing the show from three to six. And that's a really big day because one it's Martin Luther King Day. I know a lot of people are off work that day, but also MAVs are playing at eleven o'clock and then that's National Championship Night. So make plans now to come hang out at Dave and Busters all damn day long and hang with us.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be having a good time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Another thing that we do is we like to give stuff away, like tickets. Like right now, we're gonna give you a chance to win a pair of tickets for the Shriners Children's East West Shrine Bowl on Thursday, January thirtieth, that's at at and T Stadium. Now, the way that we give stuff away is we like to reward people for listening. So if you have that, iHeart app hopefully you got the new, brand new one that's old, fancied up. It still has that talkback featured. If you click on it, you can leave a voice message with your name, your phone number, your email address, and on that voice message, answer this question. The first one who answers it properly. What type of insurance for his car? Has been super excited that he bought because of all the things that happened to him on the highway. We talked specifically about it. It's for a specific part of his car. If you know the answer, you are going to win those tickets. Good luck everybody. We are going to talk about all the latest and the Cowboys coaching search coming up in the five o'clock hour. The MAVs got a game stolen from him last night. We're pissed about it. We'll talk about that in half an hour, but right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Juice in your moves, Hot gods, if you lived, comes, stay on top in the boot shovel.
Speaker 4: Shut all right.
Speaker 2: So before you get to a couple of celebrity debts, So we talked about the wildfires and fire aid which is happening at the end of the month. And it started out with it was just going to be at the end to it, Dome. They've had to add the Kia Forum as well because so many bands want to participate, So two shows happening at the same time, I think so. I think they're still working that out maybe, but it was going to be twenty acts or so, and now there's fifty plus names in the hat and they're going to be releasing these names soon. But here's your early list. All right, green Day, you guys heard of Green Day, Love them. You can run, but you can't hide from Jelly Roll. Thank you Jesus, God bless Jesus.
Speaker 1: Lady Goo Goo okay, because people that want to see Green Day also want to see Lady Googo and Jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: And at the point of fire Aid Yep, we're trying to help everyone. Yeah, let's watch every band. Billie Eilish, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, very ill, Gracie Abrams that if you want to take a nap, and JJ Abrams's daughter. Oh she opened up for Taylor that was yeah, I guess so on the one of the tours. Yeah, she did SNL a couple weeks ago. I think she's who she dating. She's dating someone someone short ah ah. Paul Mis calls dating. Paul Mis call gudiator too. Yep. Uh, Tate McCrae, he has no tank I've heard of her. Yeah, oh to her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, little baby, he's not dub baby, this little baby Gwen Stefani and please please no more U two?
Speaker 2: Yeah you too. Uh. Probably every streaming site max plus is my guess. I don't know. I don't know if they even know yet.
Speaker 1: I think I could see it network, I could see it being on multiple things.
Speaker 2: I mean of the nature of it. And the schedule is two weeks from tonight. So oh, it's two weeks from tonight thirtieth, because it's all these bands are gonna be in town with the Grammys on on the second. Got you okay, assuming that we stay on schedule, because who knows what could happen? Boy.
Speaker 1: The insting thing about that, too, is that I'm sure you know there's some games that need to be made up by the Clippers and the Lakers really, yeah, because they had some games canceled. Golly, what a scheduling leagitable nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just terrible. I mean, I'll play it. I have it. I Uh, it's so sad, but I'm gonna play you guys. This is Bill Hayter of SNL who we all love. By the way, the S ANDL documentary on Peacock. Okay, on Peacock, there's Bill Hayter getting interviewed by the news. He's got a mask on his face and it's just really sad. So here you go here it is right here. Oh yeah, you should play it is now.
Speaker 5: I got out and uh, I you know, I feel this is such a great community, and uh it's just uh, I really am like loss for work. I mean yeah, I just I mean, this happens so insanely fast. I mean it's it's kind of mind boggling how fast it happens. So I just hope everybody's safe. That's all you can hope right now is everybody's just safe.
Speaker 2: And his advice to those watching is.
Speaker 5: If you get an evacuation notice, just you know, leave because I do know people who were kind of like, well, wait and see and things like that, or I'm in the yellow zone or whatever. This thing. Once it went red, it was you couldn't get out, so I would. It's okay too, you know, don't listen to your friends who are like, ah, you're being a little freaked out, Like just yeah, yeah, get out.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible. Oh oh, because we love Bill Hater too. It's also even more sad. You see a guy you like being sad. Yeah, you know, And.
Speaker 1: It's like we're you know, weak removed from it, but it's still kind of a possibility. It's still not fully contained. There's still more things that could happen, and we still are not really anywhere close to understanding the.
Speaker 2: Magnitude of the damage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's like you kind of you know, we don't live there, so you just get caught back up in your daily routine. And then every now and then I'll just stop and start thinking about it, be like, oh my god, that is overwhelming.
Speaker 6: I wonder how many warnings they've had and this one was for real, Like I think about my wife. She doesn't take any of these warnings seriously.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've had them. You know, they've had a lot over the last you know, decade, They've had a ton of wildfires. But to go there and that, and then does our buddy Jesse, who lives out there, was like, what's Hollywood Hills catches on? You're like, geez, I guess anything can go right. Bob Buker dead at ninety five years of baseball playing fifty plus years of baseball broadcasting, over one hundred appearances on Johnny Carson, he hosted Saturday Night Live. Probably most well known for his role in Major League But what about the time he was uh, he was George Jwenes on the show, mister Belvidere.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I think he might best be known by your person who's not a sports fan.
Speaker 2: That may be how they know him best. Well, he's my favorite clip from mister Belvidere.
Speaker 7: Ready, Hello, Denny coming in?
Speaker 5: Everyone?
Speaker 1: You remember where's his friend Danny?
Speaker 6: Danny is mister Hi, A champ's going well?
Speaker 2: I got to eat to put that. I'm doing pretty good? What did That's just like Walker told me? Aha, it's wonderful. He also he's very stopped up. I think you we should review this in super slow mo. I think to really just understand what's happening here.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 2: Oh hard, Miss.
Speaker 7: Good Right now, that was really weird.
Speaker 1: You're right that that really puts the picture in the front. Does it just clears up? I have a question because I didn't watch the show. Their last name is Uns, and the kid just didn't pronounce it very well because he had etes. Uh so that was Bob Uker with the fake accent. No, that's mister Belvidere. That was mister Yeah he was. He was on the couch with his wife. Bob Uker is the one who called him champ jamp.
Speaker 2: Okas I had a champ.
Speaker 7: I was going there you go, I go that I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 2: You cut the clip short because then Bob Youker goes just a bit. He is great and all that. So there he goes, Bob you ninety, good job man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his life, he lived a pretty badass life. Made it to ninety to do stand up comedy acting and to be around the game the way he was.
Speaker 2: And got out of it before all the canceling stuff happened. Hey, well you think he had a bunch of that. I mean, he was an athlete of that era. And he's funny though. Yeah, that's the thing about him, He's funny. He always made fun of his crappy career because he wasn't very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, I've always loved him. All right, let's go to uh David Lynch. He is dead at seventy eight today.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I had no idea he was sick or anything. So I'm new to this story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he had he had put out I guess in August. He had put out a tweet or something some sort of social media where he said, here it is. This is August fifth, twenty twenty four. He said, Yes, I have emphysema from my many years of smoking. I have to say that I enjoyed smoking very much, and I do love tobacco, the smell of it, lighting cigarettes on fire, smoking them. But there's a price to pay for this enjoyment, and the price for me is in physima. I have now quit smoking for over two years. Recently. I had many tests, and the good news is that I am in excellent shape except for in physima. I'm filled with happiness and I will never retire.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: So he started smoking when he was eight. Oh my god, that's insane, which I mean, I guess I did if I went to hang out at my pupall's house. M you're getting that secondhand smoke? Yeah, tons of stuff. I mean, twin peaks on the TV show. I don't know what the first thing is, y'all think of. I still think of that one little weird thinking on Netflix three years ago with a monkey. Oh yeah, well, yeah, strange movies I've ever seen. So I my.
Speaker 1: Memories are my first thoughts of him were a little complex because I actually took a class on his films. But when I was a kid, the Elephant Man movie had a tremendous impact on me, like, like, it was devastating to watch that movie.
Speaker 2: I just remember sobbing.
Speaker 1: And then as a kid, I was also a huge sci fi fan. And so after he did The Elephant Man, he did Dune, Yeah, which was a really strange thing for a ten year old to wrap their head around. And so you know, later when we were in high school, he did Blue Velvet, which, you know, that was a very strange movie. And then, like you said, by the time he did Twin Peaks, I think Ben, you and I were probably eighteen or nineteen.
Speaker 2: When Twin Peaks became a big thing. He had Muleholland Drive.
Speaker 1: That's a great movie, Wild at Heart, YEP with Nick Cage and Homegirl.
Speaker 6: But his family, I liked this quote. I like this a lot. His family was like, there's a hole. Did you hear this?
Speaker 2: They were talking about it.
Speaker 6: There's a hole in the world, and you know, with him being gone, and they said but he I guess he liked this saying. But he basically said keep your eyes on the donut, not on the whole, which is pretty great. Yeah, don't worry about what you don't have, think about you know, celebrate what you do have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pop Star of the Weekend said, his whole personality as the Weekend is like inspired by David Lynch films.
Speaker 1: He has, like they get into this whole thing in film school, this idea of a you know, an o tour and like having this formula style. He's got a very unique style where you could be plopped into one of his movies and you'd be sill there five minutes agoing this is David Lynch movie, isn't it, like knowing nothing about it. Like he had a specific thing he was trying to achieve. He went out of his way to cast actors that would be bad in the roles that they were in, or monkeys or monkeys, like like Kyle McLachlan is cast in that role in Blue Velvet because he's bad, Like he wanted it to come off like bad nineteen fifties melodramatic soap opera stuff. And so he just had a very unique style He was a total artist and he made some really really incredible movies that had an impact on at least the scene.
Speaker 2: He also directed the Wicked game video the music video. Yes, oh okay, that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Hot because that that song was featured and wild at Heart.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, that would makes sense and that was huge.
Speaker 1: Chris Isaac became huge because of that. And then also the music from Twin Peaks was was that that music charted and that was a big, you know, pop phenomenon because there was nothing on TV like Twin Peaks.
Speaker 2: Dude, nothing that was insane.
Speaker 6: So he reconciled it all and just said, hey, man, the price for smoking is in physema. And he still got to live to be seventy eight, which is a good run. But you know, it's hard not to imagine just okay, if he hadn't smoked, how long would he live? And sounds like he had no regrets. I mean, obviously he would love to stick around longer, but he loved smoking. Man, have you guys ever seen a racer head? I do remember that, so I'd say, yeah, dude is straight up weird. That's the movie that he broke through.
Speaker 2: I had a peche Mo song I don't know. Am I crazy?
Speaker 7: Where is everybody like a machine head?
Speaker 2: I don't know where I'm at right now? Where's Kevin all right? Well?
Speaker 6: Rest in peace, Bob Buker, Rest in peace. David Lynch coming up next. Let's go around the sports. We'll talk a little MAVs Pelicans, MAVs got screwed. And what is this Texas quarterback doing