Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell on KAM.
Speaker 3: Got nice.
Speaker 2: By Connell.
Speaker 4: Sad bab Welcome, Welcome to a Wednesday edition of the show. I'm your host for the next three hours, Mandy Connell, joined, of course, by my right hand man. He's a rod but you can call him Anthony Rodriguez. Today we've got a bunch of stuff on the blog and some big topics. My brain kind of hurts a little bit because I've been doing a deep dive into cutter. Used to be qatar, but now it's cutter. And you know this.
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 4: Is it katar? No, it used to be it used to bear.
Speaker 3: I thought it was kaar.
Speaker 4: Are we back to guitar?
Speaker 3: I lost track?
Speaker 4: Wait, check it on the internet. See what the Internet says. Internet is always right. Abraham Lincoln said that I read that on the Internet anyway, while he's googling to find out if it's cutter or a Qatar or something totally different that we're not up to speed.
Speaker 6: On the most Apparently, according to aos Okay, the most common English pronunciation is qatar katar. Some speakers especially those with Middle Eastern connections, may pronounce it closer to cutter.
Speaker 7: Okay, Qatar, we're gonna go with guitar either.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna say Qatar, and I'm just gonna decide it right now until I forget that I decided it and refer to it in a different way. But nonetheless, this Middle Eastern swing by President Trump, if you just miss Leland Vitter on Ross's show, Leland put it so well, Donald Trump is upended American foreign policy in the Middle East with one visit, and oh, thank goodness, thank you Jesus, because I our Middle East policy has been an unmitigated disaster in my opinion. Now, granted I have the benefit of hindsight, it's easy to look back at something and say, boy, was that stupid? And I feel that about a lot of the things we've done in the Middle East, Boy was that stupid? One are the things that is becoming incredibly crystal clear. And this is driving the left crazy because the left assumes that Donald Trump is doing whatever it is he's doing only to benefit himself, and they're always trying to find the way that Donald Trump is enriching himself through his presidency. And when he does things like try to take a jet from Cutter. Uh, yeah, I don't know. I realized I just said Cutter. I just I caught myself, even though I was going with guitar. But now it's Cutter. I don't know that place. And in hindsight, you look at everything we've done in the Middle East, and we've done it because for a very long time they were so energy dominant that we were forced to play a certain game in order to continue having access to that energy. Well, we're not energy reliant on them anyway. I mean, if worst case scenario, right, everybody retreats to their borders and nobody is exporting any kind of natural gas or energy or oil or anything like that, we're going to be fine. We are aoka, So that motivation is no more. And Donald Trump, I believe he is the first anti war president we've had in a very long time. But where other people see reasons to fight, reasons to send their young men to die, Donald Trump sees wasted opportunity. So he is anti war and pro economic development because he believes that when prosperity happens, people are going to be far less anxious to try and take over the world when their little corner of the world is pretty dang good. Now, I know that that's not going to tamp down all the world's violence, but a rising tide lifting all ships and whatnot. I mean, that's there's something to that. When people are happy with their lives, they're far less likely to get sucked into some kind of you know, war or some sort of aggression against their neighbors now their idea logues, especially in the Middle East. And this is another reason why our foreign policy has just been a disaster because culturally, the Islamists are playing a much different game than the game we are playing. And it's a game they've been playing since the founding of their religion, and that is the game of conquering and destroying everybody else who doesn't believe what they believe. So we can't we don't have that kind of stamina because we're not motivated by the same thing. We're not on a mission from God, you know. I mean, people may be motivated motivated by their faith, but the United States of America is not on a mission from God. Are in their minds, they are, and that's a very powerful motivator, especially when they're their countries are you know, seen as oppressive or the United States the scene as decadent? So yeah, it was time anyway, gosh, I didn't even do the blog yet. Sorry about that. Let's do that now. Fine, fine, I know it did get distracted.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Find the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline in the latest post section that says five fourteen twenty five blog Can Indian Pakistan be fixed? And Lift will go if Uber does? Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within nick Tech two A winner I think with whom office half American, all with ships and clipments.
Speaker 3: A scene that's going to press plant.
Speaker 4: Today on the blog, we should pay attention to the India Pakistan flare up. Don't forget about the Broncos schedule release tonight on k How yes Medicaid cuts are needed? Scrolling? How can a judge let a kid get away with murder? Who's going to London? Broncos fans? More buildings sell for nothing in downtown Denver? If Uber leaves, so will Lift? No showers for you? Manitou Springs, Doug Co parents, A child predator at school has been arrested. We may have finally fixed construction defects. Trump is barn storming the Middle East right now. David Hogg is out at the DNC. The Babylon Bee nails. Jake Tapper, did Israel just get the last October seventh? Mastermind? Tariffs are here, but inflation is not. Women are drinking more and that's not good. The Menendez brothers may get out of prison. What concerts are the best value? Cans doesn't want your naked body. The truck was a shell of its former self. Nick Cage and Christian Bail nail it. Jeffco School's leadership is a dumpster fire, scrolling trinkflation exposed. The office spin up spin off looks really good. The opening of idiocracy is so true right now? Those are the headlines on the blog at Andy's blog dot com. And you know what I was thinking, uh a rod. I talked about this briefly the other day, and I threw it into the ether, hoping someone would volunteer to make it happen. But no one has, so I'm probably gonna have to do it myself. Just fine, you have like forty jobs, you don't need another one. I want to do it like a series of movies like wouldn't it be fun to rent out a theater and invite listeners to come watch politically and correct movies? And Idiocracy might be our first one.
Speaker 6: If I may, mister Reesience Theater three thousand round, There we go, Mandy Connell special.
Speaker 4: Yes, we'll bring some of our friends. Maybe that Ryan Schuling from over across the hall. He's funny, you know, Maybe that Ross Kaminski sneki a koa cast exactly. Well, I'm not to do this. I have no idea how to execute this. So I'll bring this up to somebody and see if we can make it happen. I think it'd be super fun. But I'd forgotten about Idiocracies opening three minutes, which is an absolute delight, a delight. It's almost freakish to know how long ago this movie came out.
Speaker 6: And in twenty twenty eight, Terry Crews really runs as president. I mean not a bad candidate at this point. I mean anything is possible.
Speaker 3: Stephen A.
Speaker 6: Smith versus Terry Crews first, Donald Trump in his third term versus the spirits of Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Why a four man race? Why wellocracy?
Speaker 4: Three man on a Ghost. That's true. So if you're offended by bad language, don't watch it. But it's so funny and just the first three minutes is going to make you go, oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: There's an argument to be made that no movie holds up more than Antiocracy.
Speaker 4: I think it actually is getting better with age. Hey, you know it's it's it's aging like a fine wine. It came out in two thousand and six, and it just keeps getting I know, this is what I'm saying. Yeah, it's almost twenty years old, and it just keeps getting more and more fairly accurate every single time.
Speaker 3: I gotta watch it again.
Speaker 4: Now I know you can't watch it. You don't make sure there's not a mic on, because there's a lot of potty milthing in there, a lot of potty mouthing going on.
Speaker 3: Great cast.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, everybody was in it, and it flew under the radar at the time when it came.
Speaker 3: Out again cult classic.
Speaker 4: Yep, Well wait a minute, maybe we start with PCU. Have you ever seen Political Correctness University? I believe that came out in like maybe nineteen eighty one. Look up and see when PCU came out nineteen ninety four. Okay, so it's much later than I thought, but still same thing. It's all about how college campuses go absolutely batpoof crazy, crazy, insane with political correctness. And it's exactly what happened on college campuses. I mean like they got the script and we're like, oh, we can totally play this role. Yeah, it's the role I was born to play. So maybe we start with PCU and then go to idiocracy. Let's see, I'm announced the textures on the common uh Common Spirit health text line. Oh, Mandy, I rent it out of theater for my friends one time and it was a blast. You just have to pick the theater, call the manager and set up a time at eight.
Speaker 6: But how do you bring in the movie and then get Luke Wilson to introduce the movie before a place?
Speaker 4: That would be super dope. Do you know him?
Speaker 3: Well, you know I can get him on the phone. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I do have a task for you. I need you to track down whoever is in charge a voice to text for the Android platform. We've got to get someone on the show to explain this.
Speaker 3: We have to do it next person to get the superior.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not having the same problems the same problems. I'm here. I'm here to solve the problem, Anthony. I'm not going to Apple. No, no, and no.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you ever had one? Ever?
Speaker 7: I have a I have a iPad. Count down the platform with phones I've had both. iPhone is so far and away better. And I know, for a one, not a ninety fact, you would like iPhone more.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't like my iPad.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like my iPad.
Speaker 5: Don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know what anything is. I don't even know. This is going to make me look like the biggest idiot in the world. But you, guys, I promise I'm smart about other stuff. I have no idea how to close the windows on my iPad, so scroll up. But then where do I know? I chuck will pick up my iPad though, good lord, woman, I have no idea that they're all open. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: This is the part where I make you feel bad.
Speaker 4: You feel like an idiot.
Speaker 6: iPhone is vastly considered the simpler platforms.
Speaker 4: Oh god, well, maybe there you go.
Speaker 3: Soh not saying you're dumb.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, iPhone is easier, I'm okay, more straightforward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just saying, but again, how how do we get the movie? People who are texting about this?
Speaker 3: You give us seven dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seven dollars, that's all it is. But how do you get the movie? That's what I need to know.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? How do you get the movie?
Speaker 4: How do you like if we want to play PCU, how do we get that movie? Do we have to buy a DVD? Because I bet you I can find a DVD or whatever? What format?
Speaker 3: How do you get them?
Speaker 4: That's the question.
Speaker 3: To ask the theater? What platform?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's call the theater. Call find a theater that's open right now, and let's call a theater and see if it' A manager will come on the show and answer these questions.
Speaker 3: I know they won't refer us to someone in PR.
Speaker 4: No, it's fine. Just tell me some questions. So we have questions about how to rent a theater so we can show a movie to our listeners. They're going to want to talk about it. We'll just get them to do it on the air. Call make it happen. No, do that right now? Okay, coming up at one o'clock today, this show's already off the rails. I don't I don't know if you guys notice it. It's completely I have no cluence going on right now. I one o'clock the gets back on the rails. Probably hopefully before that, We're going to talk to Cliff May from the Foundation for the Defensive Democracies. You just wrote a column about Indian Pakistan. And though I have been paying sort of, you know, corner of the eye attention to Indian Pakistan because they are both nuclear nations, so if they really go at it, that could be very, very, very bad, but I did not have a lot of history or context, and Cliff wrote a column that gave me both. So reached out to him this morning and said, hey, can you come on the show. He's coming on at one to talk about that, But I also want to talk about the Middle Eastern swing that President Trump is on right now. I want to talk about whether or not I can trust Cutter Qatar Cutter. I'm going with Cutter. It rolls off the town a little bit better. Going to Cutter, I'll be wrong. Everybody else will be saying guitar again, and I'll be the one saying cutter. I don't care, you know, I'm gonna say Qatar from now on, right, because I just line in the sand one more time.
Speaker 3: So in the.
Speaker 4: Past couple of days, I've just been reading a lot about laws that have past in that country, because there's no doubt that Cutter has been funding terror for many, many decades. There's no doubt. It's not in question. The current premiere of I don't know what the head guy is there, I don't know what actual title is. His mother tweeted out support for the October October seventh attackers. So they are not friendly in the sense that they are friendly to all of our allies. But the reality is is that Donald Trump is making a swing through the Middle East in order to get as many allies on our side as he possibly can, because everybody is posturing for an actual fight with Iran. Israel has been absolutely bombing the crap out of the Hoothies, out of Hesbola. They are absolutely trying to dismantle all of these sort of proxy organizations that Iran has been using to attack them for years. And why are they doing that. They're not going to stop with the Houthis and Hesbela and Hamas because they know that, like they're already wildly the way Israel I think is looking at this, and I'm just an outsider who pays close attention. I think Israel is like, you know what, the rest of the world again has turned their backs on us again. So we are not going to rely on anyone else's advice or anyone else's whatever. We are going to go and we are going to destroy the root of the problem, and that is Iran. And they are working their way there now. And it doesn't mean that they can't establish a truce with Hamas currently because there's a pretty good chance it had not been confirmed by the time I published the blog. There's a pretty good chance they killed the last high level member of HAMAS that helped plan the October seventh attack, and he was widely believed to have been to have been I'm sorry. Oh wait, we got the manager.
Speaker 6: We have, yes, Josephine on the line from AMC Orchard AMC Theater an Orchard up north, and we can answer some general questions about renting out of theater.
Speaker 4: Perfect. Hello Josephine, thank you so much for coming on the air with me.
Speaker 3: Hello Josephine.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello Josephine.
Speaker 6: Just okay, Well, I'll tell you what she told me I think she did. That's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 3: It's easy. It's just going online.
Speaker 6: There's apparently a place on the portal e AMC wise where you can just fill out all the information.
Speaker 3: I told her we'd have some follow up questions. She said she was down.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I'm gonna have to We're gonna have to charge like charge people tickets because I'm not covering the cost of it. I'll cover it up front, but I want my money back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: You know that's a really good idea, cold Feet. She sounded into it well.
Speaker 4: Scary sometimes, and you had she had just long enough to think about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I mean. She did hang up right away.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Josephine. We still love you, all right. Maybe we'll see there. That's more of an anyway. So we're gonna talk to Cliff at one o'clock about all of this stuff, because he knows about all of this stuff. When we get back here at twelve thirty. We don't have weather Wednesday today because Dave is going to pick up a kid at college, I believe, and we'll be back next week. But tonight, I want to remind you guys of two things. Can people still win tickets on our instapage or is that.
Speaker 3: Over still going?
Speaker 4: Okay? A couple of ways that you can win some tickets to see a Broncos home game this upcoming season. And you know what, guys, isn't it exciting to be excited about the upcoming season? I mean and legitimately excited, not that fake hope that you get before the season when you're like, you know, yeah, it's gonna be great, even though in the back of your mind you're like, I don't know, this is gonna be a good season. And tonight, at what time is the show starting for clock on six o'clock on our sister station six thirty K how there's gonna be a big old season schedule reveal with Broncos Country tonight. Who else is going to be there? Logan Dave Logan is going to pop in and they're going to talk about the upcoming schedule and they're going to give away a pair of tickets to an upcoming Broncos home game.
Speaker 3: Todays.
Speaker 6: Three different ways to get in on a potential pair of tickets to a home game your choice Broncos wise or.
Speaker 4: You can go to Instagram at Kowa Colorado and fall and X I didn't know about it and or X and then follow the directions. Follow the directions and you can enter to win. So it's going to be very very very cool. Boy, that's good radio. Yes, yes, this is professionals. There's only one and that is dialing it live on the air. But then you never know. Well, we literally can't do that too. We can't put people on the air without telling them they're Let me just say in a former show that I used to work for, we made our stock in trade was middle of the night prank phone calls to twenty four hour place, and we never told people.
Speaker 5: That arend the air.
Speaker 3: I did know that.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the remind I mean, yeah, wow, but it was funny. It was really really funny. All right, we'll be back in just a second. When we get back, the Republicans have explained how they are going to cut Medicaid, and before you freak out, I just want you to understand what it is they're cutting and what it is they're requiring. And I promise you you will be like, why isn't it already like that? We'll do that next. We can't pick our own movie. You can only like rent a private you know, screening for yourself. That's pretty cool, by the way, you know, that's that's kind of cool to do that. We'll talk more about that later after I figured this out. Okay, so let's talk about medicaid cuts for a minute, because there were so many posts yesterday on X from my liberal friends, liberal pundits, liberal commentators about how medicaid cuts are a sure surefire indicator that people will die. They will die if we cut medicaid, you are killing people, just like if you didn't wear a mask, you were killing Grandma. I mean, I just drew that analogy very quickly. So the House Republicans are trying to bring spending under control, trying to do something about the deficit. I mean, this bill is not going to go nearly far enough, but it is a huge start. It's going to be a reconciliation bill, which means that you know, there's a bunch of stuff in the quote big beautiful bill. I hate big beautiful bills. I want to see individual budgets. I want to see individual budgets debated. I want to see individual budgets pass the way it's supposed to. Be this big beautiful bill. Crap is garbage. Unfortunately, this is the only way to make this happen in the current political climate. So we all decided on the right. The means justify the ends. I'm kidding, it never does less. This is where we are. And as part of that, they are looking to shave eight hundred and eighty billion dollars out of Medicaid. And that is a lot of money. I mean, that is a big old chunk of change.
Speaker 8: So where's it.
Speaker 4: Going to come from? Because as I see on X, people will die. And I don't mean to make light of people having access to healthcare at all. I mean, I want everybody to have some kind of access to healthcare. But the reality is is that Medicaid is a program that was designed to serve a very specific group of people, mothers with children in poverty and the elderly in poverty. It's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you got left out because I guess they figured, you know, you're a dude. You can always go out there and bus rocks if you need to for money. But the reality is is that now, because of things specifically that happened during the Biden administration, not that the Biden administration started this whole out of control nonsense that we have now. There was tremendous growth in Medicaid spending in the last two years of the Biden administration, partly because of the pandemic. There were pandemic Medicaid expansions that were encouraged during the pandemic. Of course, you want people to have health care. There's a pandemic going on. But then they were supposed to expire at the end of the COVID Public Health Emergency, except the Biden administration extended the public health Emergency into the spring of twenty twenty three, which kept ineligible people on Medicaid much longer. And then when the Biden administration took regulatory action to keep ineligible people on the program longer and to validate state financing gimmicks that actually fleece taxpayers quite a bit and raise Medicaid rates as well. You know, they made it so much worse in the past two years, and I really truly believe that they kept it bad now. Expanding it during COVID one could understand that, not contract it and then fighting to keep it expanded well after the Public Health emergency was over. That was simply designed to a put more people on the government dole because people on the government dole are easier to convince to hope for you, because all you have to say is that guy is going to kick you off the public dole. And you know, people on Medicaid. There's so many people on Medicaid.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 4: In another part of this whole thing, the Biden administration actually expanded Medicaid to include people making up to one hundred percent of the poverty level and that were healthy and had no real issues. Why is this a big deal, Well, they incentivized through a series of priority rules. They incentivized those people being seen first. So the very people that this program was designed for, the really poor, mothers with children, and the elderly, were fighting it harder to get service and harder to be taken care of. We have to reign in Medicaid costs. So we have to rein in how states use Medicaid dollars because right now there's an incentive for states to increase hospital fees because that increases their Medicaid reimbursements. Now, what does that do for the rest of us? It leaves us with hospital facility fees. What exactly is that fee for? Does anybody know? Anyone? No, me, neither, no clue, but we're all paying it. So we've got to reign in Medicaid. But you have to understand. Listen to the ways that they want to reform Medicaid. Prepare to be horrified. Prepare to have your jaw drop into your lap at the heartlessness of these reforms. Listen to this. To be eligible for Medicaid, there would be new community engagement requirements of at least eighty hours per month of work, education, or service for able bodied adults without dependence. So people who don't have children, who are perfectly fit and able would either have to have a job for twenty hours a week, or be in some kind of educational program for twenty hours a week, or volunteer for twenty hours a week in order to remain on Medicaid. God, that's horrible. That's the worst thing I've ever heard. I'm being sarcastic. Of course, people would also have to verify their eligibility to be in the program twice a year, rather than just once. The bill also adds a more rigorous income verification for those who enrolled in the Affordable Care Acts healthcare coverage. Now that last part about more rigorous requirements for that. That's a good thing, because if you think you are going to sign up in such a way to get a larger subsidy than you are legally entitled to, and that the government isn't going to take it out of your income tax refund the next year, you've lost your mind. The government's always going to get their money, So making sure that you have verified your income is only going to benefit you in the long run. Now here are some different things to think about. Some Medicaid recipients who make more than one hundred percent of the federal poverty level, that's about thirty two thousand dollars a year for a family of four would be required to pay out of pocket cost to for some services. Those fees, which would not apply to emergency room visits, prenatal care, pediatric visits, or primary care checkups, would be limited to thirty five dollars per visit. Now, less you think this is heartless and cruel, talk to your doctor. If your doctor serves Medicaid patients, just ask your doctor. Are Medicaid patients reliable in showing up for appointments. Are they reliable in following through on the instructions or orders or even medication that you give them. Because I've talked to doctors in Kentucky, doctors in Florida, doctors in Colorado that took Medicaid patients, and though here's the thing, they still accept Medicaid patients. They want to help people, but they will express frustration at the level of no shows because there's no fees and there's no way to ding people right. No shows, or parents that bring their kids in and then don't get the medication that will be free for them. There's a lot of frustration there because a lot of times people in poverty have a lot of other issues, right, There's a lot of stuff going on, and so they're not always the best patient. And sometimes you've got to have a little skin in the game to make it matter. And I don't want to, you know, to be unable to afford something. I do think that this will lead to an increase in emergency room visits. I really believe that applicants, by the way, could also not qualify for Medicaid if they have a home that is valued at more than a million dollars. Now I have concerns about this specifically because if you have a home's valued at over a million dollars and you still low a bunch of money on it, now that's a dumb financial decision. Should probably sell it. I think there needs to be equity in there instead, Like, if you have a million dollars in equity in your home, you should not be on Medicaid. You should sell that home. If you have a remaining spouse, move into something more reasonable and pay for your health care. I know it sucks. The proposed bill also targets any immigrants who are living in the country illegally or without documentation. It reduces by ten percent to share the federal government pays to states such as New York or California or Colorado that allow those immigrants to sign up for Medicaid. To qualify for the ACA coverage enroll, these would have to prove they are lawfully present. And this is what Democrats are freaking out about. You know, there's a case to be made that we have to make sure that people are taken care of, but we also don't need to supplement or subsidize people that are otherwise capable of participating. More in their own care, so that those are the things in the Medicaid cust Now what would I do if I could wave the magic wind, if I were the federal government, I would immediately go to a Medicaid block grant program that works like this. The federal government, I don't even know how you've come up with these numbers. Maybe use the last five years, an historical average, that kind of thing, and you say, okay, Colorado, you traditionally have this population, this amount of people, this part of your population that is utilizing Medicaid that meet our standards, and that's going to cost you five billion dollars. So here's five billion dollars. You're not getting a penny more. No incentives for states to try and jack up Medicaid rates or payments. They have to manage the money, and when they run out, the taxpayers are going to have to pay for it. I think that will lead to much more fiscally sound policies here in the state of Colorado, for one. So that's what's in Medicaid five sixty six nine. OHO is the common Spirit health text line. I'd love to hear from you. We need it to be there, especially for elderly people. Who need assistance and having a place to live. Somebody hit a text and talking about the homes. By the way, I just found out Landmark over here in Greenwood Village, which is a lovely little theater, great parking, good restaurants all around. I'll be checking with them today because I can do a private rental there. So all of you who are texting, thank you for that. We were talking about the provision that if you own a home that is over a million dollars then you cannot qualify for medicaid, and someone said this, let me see here. What let me see trying to find is there is there a provision if you have over one million dollars in a stock market account when you apply for medicaid, they go through all your assets. If you have a million dollars in a stock market account, you cannot qualify for medicaid. It's not just income based because most people, elderly people, they don't have income other than social Security, so that doesn't really mean much. But they do look at your assets and before you think to yourself, I'm gonna sign my assets over to my kids. Most states have a what's called a five year look back where they go back five years and see when exactly you transferred your stuff to your kids. So if you're planning on doing that, like you're gonna go ahead and sign a house over to your kid, you need to do it now and hope they don't kick you out before you're ready. Just saying, Mandy, I'm a dentist in Colorado's Springs and I've been taking Medicaid since I've been here seventeen years. I would say the book, Oh Dagnavity just updated. Hang on, I would say the book of my patients are Medicaid, and it is very frustrating. The no shows, the no skin in the game. It lost me money to schedule them and not schedule another patient and they don't show up. Fees are less than normal. I will admit it's been frustrating to see the amount of it with people with Medicaid have a nicer car than me and have the newest phone and tell me about their vacations to Hawaii when I have yet to even be to Hawaii or go to Hawaii. So that is consistent with the conversations that I've had. And again, these doctors and I didn't even think about dentists. I've never asked a dentist about it. They serve this population because they think it's important, right, but they still can be very, very frustrating. Maybe the new Medicaid policies, this Texter says, will put more pressure on the healthcare system to be more accountable of their pricing because the people will have a more direct line to billing. I think that would be good instead of easily soaking up our tax dollars. I'm just going to say this, and you know I have had good experiences here. I should say this my several experiences, like my vocal cord surgery, my other stuff. I had a very good experience here when it came to hospital billing. But I have had experiences in the past in Florida when I was selling insurance to older people. I would try to help these people sort out their billing from a hospital, and in one case, I spent eight hours reconciling Medicare bills to statements, to hospital bills to statements because this hospital was telling one of my clients that she owed them fourteen thousand and eight hundred and something dollars in change, right, And I was like, there's no way with the Medicare supplement you have, all of this is covered. So I spent eight hours going through everything, matching up every bill. It took me forever. Then I called the hospital billing department and I said, Hi, I'm here with so and so. I am working with her to reconcile her hospital bills, and we need to make an appointment to come in and talk to someone about this outstanding balance that you say. She owes. The hospital billing lady says, well, let me pull it up.
Speaker 3: She pulls it up.
Speaker 4: She says, it seems here that we have fourteen it's fourteen thousand, eight hundred and something dollars in change. And I said no. After I reconciled everything, I got to like four hundred and forty dollars or actually was like four hundred and eighty dollars, was like a tenth of what the actual number was. And she said, oh, that sounds fine. Just send that in. And you know how you go into something and you're ready for a fight, like you're you know, you're jacked up, you got the evidence, you spent eight hours going through all this stuff, you know what you're talking about. You are ready to fight somebody. And she's like, oh, no, that just send that a that'll settle it. And it was at that moment I was like, so hospital billing is just a racket then, I mean, it's just a legal racket. They are counting on older people to be too daunted by the thought of doing what I did for eight hours and it took me forever. It was horrible, and I'm not good at that stuff. So it was like, you know, for me, maybe for somebody who's good at accounting, it would have been easy, breezy, but for me, it was just an uphill battle. And this woman was just like, I can't do it. It was four years of breast cancer treatment bills. Imagine imagine what kind of paper we're we're talking about. And so she either just casually wrote off another ten grand, you know, another fourteen grand, or it's all just a racket. I don't know. Anyway, we're going to take a very quick time out. When we get back. My friend Cliff May joins us from the Foundation for the Defensive Democracies. We're going to talk a little bit about India and Pakistan, and we're also going to talk oh you know what else I didn't talk about with this medicaid stuff. I got to come back to that ten percent cut could be very devastating for Colorado because I don't know if you guys know this, but Democrats gave illegal immigrants access to medicaid here in Colorado too. To a little side note, Cliff May coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and Donald ninety one, am God.
Speaker 4: Stay and they May Connell, Keith sad Bab Welcome, WELSEO, Welcome to the second hour of the show. And now it's time to welcome Welcome, Welcome one of my favorite guests because he's a super smarty pants about all things all over the world. He is with the Foundation for the Defensive Democracies and a columnist to boot. He is Clifford May High. Cliff, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm doing great.
Speaker 4: We got a lot we got to talk about. We're going to start with the Indian Pakistan, but we got to talk about Trump's Mid East wing. We got to talk about a lot of stuff.
Speaker 5: Cliff, Wow, Okay, we'll try to do our best to beat so thinks.
Speaker 4: So let's talk Because I said earlier, I said, I've been following the Pakistan India conflict kind of out of the corner of my eye, right, not really paying that much attention, but paying attention because you have two new powers been at war for how long have they been warring over the Kashmir district.
Speaker 5: Since the partition of India into two states, one Hindu majority one Muslim majority. Pakistan was a brand new state after nineteen forty seven, so.
Speaker 4: A while now they have been at war over this piece of real estate in the middle. And because they're nuclear powers, when things flare up, we got to pay attention. And I loved your column today is this call them in Today's Washington Times or yesterday's.
Speaker 5: Great edition the Washington Times today, and it's still and it's online as well under Washington Times dot com.
Speaker 4: You did a nice job of sort of laying out the background, and if you could do that here and kind of bring people up to speed on how we got first of all, how India and Pakistan were divided, how they've been fighting over the Kashmir region, and what happened to kind of flare things up.
Speaker 5: Now, Okay, let me let me try to do that as succinctly as I can. Let me just make this point. A lot of the media. Here's where the media coverage has been right and wrong. Like the mainstream media has reported that Indian Pakistan are quarreling over Kashmir, and that's a territory in the northernmost region of the Indian subcontinent. So far, so good. They're right about that, but they infer from that, or they tend to that because they're fighting over a territory. This is a territorial dispute. That's misleading. They also imply a lot of them BBC, for example, they imply a morally equivalence between Indian Pakistan. Now that's dead wrong. This particular flare up conflagration called which you will almost a full scale war, not quite, and Trump and Dvance and Marco Luvil they put a halt to it, a ceasefire, not peace, a ceasefire. This flared up in April twenty second when you had a group probably five Islamis terraces coming in from Pakistan. The Kashmir will get to cement. It is along a line of control going back to the war in nineteen forty seven forty eight over this territory so they come across into the part of Kashmir that the Indians administer claim as their own citizens. They then try to begin to identify the people they meet. A lot of them are tourists. Kashmir is a beautiful place, and tourists from indiacome newlywed to come on their honeymoon. All that wud they identify them? Are you Muslim or are you Hindu? And if they figure they're Hindu, and I'll tell you in a second how they figure that out, then they kill them, including killing men in front of their new brides right there. They kill them. How do they know, Well, they may ask them recite the follow you know, some verses from the Quran. If they can't do it, you're a Hindu. The the way they may do it is say, and they didn't see this report in a lot of places, but I'm telling you it's true, pull down your pants because Hindus are not certain and Muslims are. And so if you're not circumcised, we kill you. So that's what's going on. Okay, that's what they did. Now the final death, by the way, the final there was a Christian and a local Muslim who attempted to protect some of these Indian civilians. We're talking about civilians who are murdered. The final death toll is twenty six. Now what happens. The Indians in response, conducted precision air and missile strikes against I believe it was nine terrorists infrastructure sites in Pakistan and the Pakistani administered half of Kashmir had Pakistan to those strikes are an active war. Now you have after that cross border artillery and drone exchanges. Pakistan claims that it down several Indian fighter jets. Not quite clear that sue. I think it's probably true at least two. India then reduced the flow of water going to Pakistan. There's a treaty about water saying you know, you know, you get there. No more water coming, not for drinking, not for agriculture. You're not getting anymore. And again escalation became possible. And that's when Marco Rubio advance on orders from Trump, began making a million phone calls and they managed to get a cessation of hostilities. The real roots of this conflict go back to after World War II, when the sun was setting on the British Empire. Britain was pulling out of India. Britain was pulling out of Palestine at the same Around the same time when the British are pulling out of India, the leader of the Muslims there a guy the name of Muhammad Ali Jinnah who is head of something called the Old India Muslim League. He says, well, we Muslims in this country. We can't live in a Hindu dominated, Hindu majority. We want our own country. So the next thing that happens is there's an Indian Independence Act with the partition. Again like the U and did to do a partition of Palestine, they did a partition and then you had millions, millions of Hindus moving out of the two major Muslim areas that were earmarked to become Pakistan, one of the Far East one of the Far West. You had the Muslims moving out of India to go to the new country of Pakistan Stan. This was not a peaceful exchange. It was one of the biggest and bloodiest population transfers in all of history. Roughly fifteen million people if you can imagine that, across these new borders. About as many as two million were killed in clashes between Muslims and Hindus and Muslims and Sikhs. Now. It's interesting, even after that, about twenty five percent of Pakistan's population was still Hindu and about ten percent of India's population at that point was still Muslim. What's happened over the years since, well, the Muslim population of India has grown. It's now the fourteen percent of India's population Muslim. By contrast, the non Muslim population of Pakistan less than four percent. And that's because over the years, Islamists in Pakistan have implemented policies that caused Hindus and Sikhs and Christians and others, and a lot of very i would say moderate Muslims to leave the country, to get out, to emigrate. It's much less diverse country now than it was. By the way, I just mentioned, I talked to you about Muhammad Ali Jina. He was Gritish educated, very well dressed, favored pluralism, tolerance. But he died in forty eight and eight years later Pakistan declared itself in Islamic Republic. And it's been and that's the way it's gone since then. So I'll stop there. Permitted for this, a lot of things we can talk.
Speaker 4: About I wouldn't ask militarily because obviously India is far more popular and more developed. I mean, India has got a lot more going on for it than Pakistan does. Militarily, how do they stack up? And who is Pakistan as an Islamist nation allied with that could possibly provide them weapons for a war with India.
Speaker 5: Okay, so militarily India is stronger than no question. But having nuclear weapons a nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons are the great equalizer, aren't they. You know, that's one of the reasons Iran, the Islamic Republic of Iran, wants nuclear weapons because that means they could wipe out a whole city with one bomb if it gets through. Both countries do have nuclear weapons, but if they were not for the nuclear weapons, no question that India is the bigger and stronger country. Look, Pakistan is very close to China, and India has been close to Russia still is, though closer and closer to the US. It's relations. It's close relations with Russia are somewhat I would say, of an impediment to its evolving relations with the US, but not entirely. Don't forget this is the most populous democracy on the planet. But you know they were if you go back to years, they were part of the non Aligned movement, which wasn't really not aligned. It was closer to the Soviet Union. They have their their weaponry, they have a lot of Russian weaponry, uh in their arsenal, and they're still getting spare parts. They're getting closer to the US but not but again they still there. They still have this and they're in things like bricks that you know what that is, Yeah, you know, an organization trade agreement. But they're all kind of anti American, and you know, includes Russian incluse, China, includes Iran. They're all kind of anti American. What Indian to tell you is, look, we're your friends within bricks. Okay, it's good to have us there. We keep an eye on things, We tell you what's going on. We keep it from going off the deep end. So it's not such a problem. But that anyhow, But America, do you think.
Speaker 4: That India being cozy in bricks and being cozy with Russia. I don't think that dissuades Donald Trump. I think and I want to shift gears just a little bit here because it's sort of connected and yet not he's in the Middle East. Right now, he stopped in Saudi Arabia. He's going to UAE, He's going to Cutter. These people are people, especially Saudi Arabia. We know nineteen hijackers came from Saudi Arabian's flu plains into our buildings. We know that Cutter has funded terror against Americans over and over, but we also realize that in the Middle East, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and Saudi Arabia certainly needs our help with Iran. And I think Donald Trump used Cutter as an opportunity to insert, or rather maybe put some space between Cutter and Iran, and a little less space between the US and Cutter if they give Cutter legitimacy. The reason I talk about that is because isn't the same couldn't the same thing exist with India in Donald Trump's size.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't entirely agree with your analysis there, and I'll tell you why in a second. But we are getting closer to India. Modi has had good relations with Trump. There's a lot of good reasons for us to be for India to become our ally and to pull them away. And I think that is possible from Russia, especially at a time when Russia has a no limits partnership with communist China, and Communist China is an enemy of India. They have also fought, they have border disoots that China and India are are not friends. What role China may have had in terms of becoming Pakistan. This is a good time maybe for some terrorists to come in and knew this for various reasons. Who knows. I know there are theories of rumors out there about that. What I would tell you about Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia was very bad after the nineteen seventy nine revolution in Iran. Why because Iran, the revolution in Iran wisinness Islamic Revolution was the first nation state committed to jihad against the West, and they felt, we have to show that we're committed to Jihat two and so they began to finance madrasas in Pakistan and I do a lot of bad things. Eventually Al Kada came back and bit them. I am convinced that so the Saudis at this point wants stability in the region. They want to develop their country in a very different way. Certainly, I'm talking about the Crown Prince effects to the king of fifty years from now. And he wants to transform Saudi Arabia that is producing much more than just oil and gas, right. He wants a country that is in the forefront, intellectually, academically, indust all kinds of ways. Can't have that. And he knows that the Islamic Republic of Iran is an enemy. Qatar is a whole different kettle of fish. There's a piece out today in the Free Press by journalist named Jay Solomon, recommend you cut our plays both ends against the Middle arm.
Speaker 4: Wait, clist, I got to tell you, I, for the last forty eight hours have gone down this rabbit hole right about Cutter. This is and I but here's here's my problem. And we're going to get into this because the Free Press article is a perfect jumping off point and it's on today's blog. My issue is that there are a lot of very important people in the United States of America who have been on the payroll of Cutter. They've spent three hundred billion dollars buying good pr in the United States of America. Now I can't figure out where I'm going to get good intel. But at the same time, they've also over the last ten years especially passed some reforms internally in Cutter that are encouraging that that indicate to me that they do want to join the modern world and treat people with a little modicum of respect, at least on the on the letter of the law. So you say they're playing both sides against the middle to what advantage? Tell me, Tell tell me what Cutters long game is in your.
Speaker 5: View, Cutter, I'm afraidy to tell you, is a Muslim brotherhood state. Cut They they dressed you know better, but they support must They have supported Al Keeda, They have been cozy with Iran whenever necessary. But they also buy influence. Their influence effort is in the US is unbelievable. There's a reason more than one, but there's among the main reasons why almost every middle he studies department at every major university in America is his pro Islamist at this point and viciously anti Israeli. And it goes back to Cutter buying up these departments. Al Jazeera is very anti American. That's an Arabic news service owned and operated by cut I understand you know how many you know how many cut Turry citizens there are.
Speaker 4: Isn't there like three hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: They're not very big three hundred thousand. There's about two million people in the peninsula. They're all servants. They'll never get miss citizenship. They can't. They're there to they're there serve. And yet it has something like twelve percent of the energy resources in the world. They are so rich they have they don't know what they don't. Money means nothing to them. And Biden made them a major non NATO ally, and they said, and they said, and the fact, oh, it's great that we have Hamas officials here as billionaires, either from donor money the aid money getting skimmed, or maybe directly from the Qataris, because then we can negotiate them think how well they need right away after nine ten seven. First of all, they shouldn't have been at ten seven, because the Qataris should have known what was going on, since they had high level officials of Hamas in their hotels, very rich guys, billionaires. They should they should have said, you're not doing something like this, because that's that's not good. Our American out after it happened, it should have been at the American president that point. It says all right, this is what we pay you, this is this is who you are. We said, you're a non NATO ally. At least get every American out, and I mean today. And here's how you do it. You tell the you tell the Hamas officials who are in your hotels that they either make this call, make this order that the hostages leave, or they leave the hotels and they leave the hotels and handcuffs and they go either into one of our prisons or get extradited to the United States. None of that happened. Now we finally got the lab the last living American out. Okay, that's great, that's really good. But that's but look, but really what has cuts are done. They have campuses that they pay for for many universities, and again they're indoctrinating, indoctrinating, indoctrinating. They have law firms, they have pr firms. They there's a big counter gate in Europe where they've bribed government officials. It's again, I think Jay Solomon is spot on in his colum today about the unbelievable historic influence operation that Culter has. And again, their aims are Muslim brotherhood aims, and that's frightening.
Speaker 4: And I just want to read some of the column that he's talking about in the Free Press today, and the headline of the column is how Cutter bought America, And I just want to read some of the connections in the Trump administration with Cutter. The airplane deal was signed off by Attorney General Pam Bondi. She used to work at a Washington, DC lobbying firm that received one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars a month from Cutter to fight human trafficking. She's not the only one. President Trump's chief of Staff, Susie wilds led lobbying firm Mercury Public Affairs when it represented Cutter's embassy in Washington. FBI director Cash Battel worked as a consultant for Cutter, though he didn't register as a foreign agent. Then there is Steve Whitkoff, President Trump's longtime friend and senior advisor, who's accompanying him on the trip this week. For months now, he has served as Trump's Special Envoy to the Middle East, and he happens to be a beneficiary of Cutter's largest In twenty twenty three, Cutter's sovereign wealth fund bought out his Faltering investment in New York's Park Lane Hotel for six hundred and twenty three million dollars. The Trump organization is putting a luxury golf resort near Doha, and next week, Donald Trump Junior will speak at the invitation only Cutter Economic Forum in a session entitled investing in America. I mean, if this were the Biden administration, Republicans would be losing their minds.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right, there were, but again, the Biden administration had no didn't say hey, we got a problem here on the contract. Two things Biden did when he got into office is one, he designated Kuttar as a major non NATO ally. That is huge and that allows anybody you just on that list to say, wait a minute, this is an American ally. They want my help. That on my council, my advice. Why wouldn't I give it to a major ally? How is that a problem?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 5: Biden also said the who these we're not We're taking them off the terrorists list. I don't think they're terrorists after all. And that was a big gift to Iran. Try to get them back into you know that the Obama's Iran deal. But you know, there's no question in my mind that when Kutchar does these things, they want something in return. They think they're going to get something in return. And I can see how that Again, I can understand how people say, all they're doing is they're paying me for my advice. I'm very smart, I know how government works. Why should there be a problem. They're not an adversary. But this is, this is, this is a very strategic attempt at what is sometimes called state capture. You just you know, you just buy every every pr frot and they and I've met with Katari diplomats, they're very slick, they're very smart. They say, hey, you know, yes we have hamas, but you know the Americans this they wanted us to do that. They need somebody, you know, to act as a mediator. It's a way we set up a channel of communication and we're doing our best. Honestly, we are what we you know, really, what do you want us to do? But I think it's I think it's it's it's very shrewd, it's very clever. Uh. They've all you know, they have done. They know they've bribed to get sports events in Katar and huge bribes. We know that the people who work on a broad or off and very badly mistreated. Al Jazeera doesn't report on that. Yeah, al Jazeera has been bad from the beginning, but plenty of plenty of American journalists went to work for Al Jazeera. Maybe made you remember Dave Marrish did years ago, a very well known New York journalist, and then eventually he quitit and he said, no, I kind of I thought it was a good gig, and then I kind of understood who they were and what they were really doing. There you go journalists from Ala Rabia who I remember talking to one and saying, who said, he used to work for Al Jazeera And I said, what's the difference. He said, well, Al Rabir Arabia I can be reasonably free journalists, not entirely, but reasonably Al Jazeera no, no way, And Al Jazeera's had influence on the BBC and vice versa. It's I mean, we've got to be able to see what's under our nose here. Even but again I give them credit. They are very very clever about what they're doing, and they have and money is no object because when you got that kind of hundreds of billions of dollars in just three hundred and fifty thousand citizens. It on. You can do what you want to do, clib The Saudis, the Saudis are. The Saudis are really down on Katari's and the Saudis have have criminalized the Muslim brotherhood, as have the Amuradis. They will tell you the Qataris are the Muslim brotherhood.
Speaker 4: Oh, Cliff May, you didn't make me feel better at all. I mean, come on read cliffs column. It is an Indian Pakistan I put it linked to on the blog today, as well as the story we were just talking about from the Free Press. Cliff A joy to talk to you. We'll talk again soon, all right, I have a good one. We'll be right back. We had a text or say it's guitar now. I'm just I don't care. So there's a website called memory dot org mri i dot org and it is an English language website that tells you what is happening in Arab media and right on the front page. If you just heard my interview with Cliffmay, I'm asking like, what's the truth about cutter? I don't know, And listen to this. Listen to this. Uh, the Qatari media has recently published articles and cartoons insulting US President Donald Trump, and the Katari owned Al Jazeera network in Arabic continues to serve as a mouthpiece for anti Trump terrorist Islamis and arrange below our examples. The Katari government daily Al Shark recently published on March twenty fifth, two articles harshly castigate US President Donald Trump appeared in the paper, describing Trump as a hostage to the Israeli positions. He claims that the American president has put on a Jewish skull cap which sits on top of his yellow hair, and has started to behave like Theodore Hertzel, the founder of the Zionist movement. He mocks Trump's efforts to present himself as a superhero and leader capable of bringing change, when he is nothing of the sort. He then compared hamas terrorists to John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington. He then called Trump a terrorists for threatening to annex Canada and take control of the Panama Canal. And this is regular from him, and they put the columns so you can read it yourself. They have anti Trump cartoons showing Trump as a big fat baby.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The most recent example of Al Jazeera in Arabic, Hotsi spokesman nas Rudin ammer President Trump is a criminal, a liar. He was the one who suggested to cease fire. The Americans abandoned Israel, but we won't abandon the Palestinians. We will continue blocking Israeli ships and imposing an aerial siege. Now, one has to believe that people in the Trump administration are also reading this website. And here's the thing. I don't necessarily think that Trump loves to be. He loves to be you know, fitted, as they say, He loves to be having you know, adoration showered upon him, formal state dinners and all that good stuff. But whether or not he really believes that these people are you know, willing to talk about peace, or he understands who he's dealing with, That's the only question I care about. And I'm inclined to believe that even though he loves having his ego stroked, he is not stupid. I do not believe President Trump is stupid, and I do not believe that he likes having his ego stroke so much that he loses sort of the bigger picture here about who we are allied with and treats them thusly. Okay, I want to move on because I didn't want to stay with that. But I just looked that up and thought, oh that's great. So Cliff was right, So yeah, okay, awesome. Arod sent me a video maybe two weeks ago, and it was a young woman and she was like, I am never using Uber again because they said they were going to pull out of Colorado if this bill pass. It's all about safety, and they hate safety. I'm just going to be true to Lyft. And I published the video and in my little caption, I said, oh, oh, precious. If you think Lyft is going to keep operating in Colorado when Uber says we're out, you've lost your mind. There is a new bill that has been passed. It is awaiting the governor's signature, and it requires things of Uber and Lyft, some of which are really great ideas, really great ideas, things we can get behind. But some of them are very, very unwieldy and very very expensive, things like having twenty four to seven camera and then storing that data endlessly. It's not so much about recording, and it's what do you do with it. When you've recorded it, where do you put it? So Uber has been very vocal about the fact that if this passes in Colorado, they're just going to leave the market. And everybody's like, Oh, they're just kidding. Why would they do that, that's terrible. They're not They've done it before. Austin, Texas passed some legislation about Uber that they thought was going to help people get paid more by the card sharing services. They passed bill and Uber kept saying, yeah, we're we're not going to do that. We're we're not going to do that at all. We're not going to do that at all. And Austin did it anyway. And so what happened Uber and Lyft left They left Austin Texas. What happened after Uber and Left left Texas Because I've actually heard people say this will allow other ride sharing platforms to flourish in Colorado if Uber and left leave, Well, let me tell you what happened with Austin Texas. They pulled out of Austin, Texas, and there were multiple apps that immediately popped up. They were springing up everywhere, except they weren't working right. They kept crashing.
Speaker 3: They were very very.
Speaker 4: Understaffed, so people couldn't get a car. And then south By Southwest came and OMG south By Southwest where celebrities and musicians flood the city of Austin, Texas and they're not going to rent a car because they don't rent cars, that's not what they do. They flew into south By Southwest, all of these new apps all collectively crashed. No one could get a ride. There was no no rides to be had, and the legislature was like, yeah, we're not gonna let you do that to ride share anymore. We're gonna we're gonna pass our own regulations that you surp yours. And Uber and Lyft came back, you know. So the notion that somebody is just gonna step into this void and it's gonna be seamless and we're not even gonna and that's just dumb. And the notion that Uber and Lyft will not just say sorry, we're turning off the app in Colorado is also crazy because look at it from their perspective. If they roll over and let the state of Colorado put requirements that they feel are so onerous and expensive on them in Colorado and they take it. That just opens up forty nine other states to do the exact same thing. The only option Uber and Lyft have are to pull out of the market and just let it collapse. Can you imagine how vibrant Denver would be?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 4: Guys on those little bike pedal things would probably make a fortune. They can get you at least one or two blocks closer to where you needed to be. Uh, Mandy, I wonder what they thought of Trump as the pope in Cotter. I don't know. I have no idea, Mandy. I was a little shocked that you were shocked about the jet graft. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're upset about it. I just wish you would get irritated about all his other scams he's currently running from the White House too. Made a list, but my top one this week besides the jet is buy some bitcoin and get a dinner with the President. Absolutely shameful. You know why, I don't have a problem with that because it's all perfectly transparent, and you, as a voter, can look at what he's doing and go, wow, that's really gross. He's profiting off the presidency of the United States of America. But the reason I don't have a problem with it is look at the net worth of the Obamas, of the Bidens, of the Clintons, of the Bushes before they became president, and then when they were done being president, look at their networth. Then people have been profiting off their position as president of the United States behind the scenes for far too long. Do I still think it's gross, Yes, I do. I think it's gross. I think it's in the South, we don't say gross, we say it's tacky, and he's being really, really tacky. There is gonna be a really really fun schedule release show tonight with Broncos Country Tonight, Dave Logan's gonna stop by. They're gonna chit chat about the upcoming schedule. We do know one game is going to be in Julio'd England. They wanted to go to Germany apparently, and who could blame them because Munich in October wow.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: But they are gonna be playing the Indianapolis Colts on October twelfth in London, and I think I'm gonna I'm gonna try and go to that game. I'm sure they're not gonna let me go from the station officially, but that would be super cool. That's kind of a bucket list thing a little bit, don't you think Broncos? Does anybody else think that's a bucketless thing? Because I gotta tell you, London is the coolest city. It is, just it is expensive as all get out. So if you think you're gonna do it on the cheap, unless you're gonna stay in a hostel, which I am far too old to stay in a hostel. That stopped appealing to me like thirty years ago. So it is expensive. But what a great city, and what a fun time to go and watch the Broncos play. That'd be neat anybody else. Five six six, And I know is this a bucket list thing for you guys? I think it's super cool. I always wonder like how much do the Brits really understand about the game itself? Because I feel this way when I go to hockey games. I don't know anything about hockey, and please don't tell me. I don't want to know. It's just not my favorite sport. I don't hate anybody. I love the Abs. I'm cheering for them, but I have no idea what's going on on the IYCE, no clue. I'm fine with it. It's good.
Speaker 3: Am I just now hearing this?
Speaker 4: Oh, you can ask Chuck. It drives him crazy because every time we go to a hockey game he tries to teach me and I'm like.
Speaker 6: Just bounce, have failed you. I just I know hockey, it's my favorite sport. What the hell I it's just for some here.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's a little truth about me, a rod. When someone tries to teach me something that I don't care about, it's like this, this wall of you know, ignorance, disinterest drops down over my eyeballs.
Speaker 3: No ignorance and whatever you.
Speaker 4: Know people are trying to put in it, just think, think, it just bounces off. And then, because I don't care, I try to explain this to my daughter a lot. She tells me really intricate stories about some of the things in the books that she's reading, and then later on she'll try and update me, and I'll say, wait a minute, go back and refresh, you know, refresh where we are so I can understand, because I do want to know. I want to know what she thinks is interesting. But that she's like, how can you not remember? I'm like, I remember that India and Pakistan had been a worse since nineteen forty seven. How about you.
Speaker 7: Things from your own daughter about a book. I listened to the important things to important well, and I do get up to speed and then I get the resolution of.
Speaker 4: Whatever she's reading. Whatever makes you feel better, Yeah, Mandy, I've watched hostile. Nope, nope, nope. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: Hostile?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hostile? He spelled it. Hostile. Hostile is el Probably he put there's quotes in here and capitalization. Yeah, Mandy, I think more of a bucket list thing for me would be watching the Broncos in Kansas City on Christmas. Oh to the person London sucks, stop it, stop it right now, I reject that. I reject that right now anyway. So, yeah, hockey players are the cutest. They are cutey. I love the hockey hair. I mean, super cute, manly, even without the teeth.
Speaker 3: A lot of hockey.
Speaker 4: Did you you had the party in the front, business and the wait either business in the front, party.
Speaker 5: In the back.
Speaker 3: He was a party both sides.
Speaker 4: I dare you to grow a mullet. Now I heard they were coming back.
Speaker 3: I could pipe pull it off.
Speaker 4: I think you could I think you could one of my Jimmy Keys who owns Gutter Helmet and Keys Concrete Coatings. Love that family. His son had a pretty epic mullet going for a while. I mean he's like in his twenties. He's not a little kid. And it actually, I'm gonna say it, it kind of looked good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there might be a cutoff, big.
Speaker 4: Ethan shout out right there for that. It's a little bit shorter than it was a cutoff. I saw what you did there. Oh, didn't even do it on purpose.
Speaker 3: That is when you know you were really good at dad jokes, when they just come naturally.
Speaker 4: Mandy, I had your back on the whole iPhone inferiority thing. But hockey is vastly superior to football, no question. And here's a news slash. My favorite sport is baseball. I know, I know, I don't. I can't explain myself, and I like Nickelback and Barry Manilow. There it is, guys, I just slammed the closet door open, and now you know all the dirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a mess.
Speaker 4: I know this person said London does well, they live there for a year, so yeah, maybe they know better than I do. It's a fun place to visit. How about that? And the Broncos will be visiting that by the way, tonight during the schedule release show, they're gonna be giving away a pair of home tickets to a home game, not the London game, a home game and you can also go to Instagram and x at Kowa Colorado and register to win those tickets.
Speaker 3: Has one to three chances. Three chances there, you go make.
Speaker 4: It happen, Mandy, I agree to go to London and to see a Broncos game. I have a daughter who lives in England and she has her fiance watching the Broncos.
Speaker 3: He is so cute.
Speaker 4: Does he know what's going on? Mandy? Isn't London annoyingly woke? Only the leadership the normal people are not at all And it's delightful.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers know it's.
Speaker 3: Mandy Connell and on Kola AM ninety.
Speaker 4: One, Am got.
Speaker 9: Sad and the nicety us through three many Connell keeping is sad bab Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the third hour of the show.
Speaker 4: We are moving right towards the end of a Wednesday, and I'm okay with that. I got a story from nine News on the blog today about a couple of office buildings downtown and in twenty nineteen US someone valued them at about two hundred million dollars twenty nineteen. So what did they just sell for? They sold for three point two million dollars. Remember twenty nineteen two hundred million dollars, twenty twenty five three point two million dollars. That's quite the swing.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Nine News does a decent job talking about the stresses of downtown real estate and vacancies being just ridiculous experts. This is from the story. Experts estimate that office buildings in downtown Denver have lost forty to fifty percent of their pre pandemic value. The city central Business district currently faces vacancy rates of twenty five percent to thirty percent, although this remains lower than tech heavy cities like Austin, San Francisco and Seattle, where remote work has been particularly prevalent. And then they go on to talk about why, you know, people, the rents are too expensive, and now this guy bought these two buildings and is going to convert them. Into apartments, which is great. There's nothing wrong with any of this in the story, except I feel like there's a big glaring omission in this story, and that is that Denver's new Green Dream requirements for large buildings are going to be so expensive to retrofit a building for if the building has any age on it whatsoever, because older buildings, you know, thirty forty years ago, they did not have the energy efficiencies they have now. They didn't have the building codes that they have now. There's not remotely as energy efficient as a new building. So they pretty much destroyed the market for older office buildings in Denver because the new owners are going to have to bring the buildings up to the new code and it's just prohibitively expensive. And that is I think a big, huge issue that nine News didn't even mention. So I think that's an oversight that should be corrected because if that is definitely I've talked to business owners who have said, yeah, there are opportunities, like there are people in real estate development that become people other people call right They'll call you and say, hey, I got a deal, I got this building. They're offering them buildings in downtown Denver. They're like, not a snowballs chance in hell, because those older buildings are going to be like you were talking when I say a lot of money. You could be like twenty five million, fifty million to retro fift these buildings, and most people are not willing to commit, especially for an older building, because you never know what other problems you're going to find. So that's a huge part of this conversation that is not being had in this nine news story. This is a crazy story out of Manitoo Springs right now. Manito Springs has told the people of Manitou Springs that they cannot shower. Yeah, you heard me right. What's going on is that they had a bunch of snow in this last snowstorm and then it melted really fast and it has kicked off all of these organics into organic compounds into their drinking water supply, and now they have a strict water emergency going on in Manito Springs. According to the city. The following is prohibited dishwashing except for sanitation. Is there another reason to dishwash being genuine in this? I mean, do people just for fun? I think I'm just gonna wash my dishes today who is that person? And we need to get them some help. You're not supposed to do laundry, take showers. Obviously, you don't use irrigation, and you can't wash your car. Commercial and industrial use is not essential to drinking. I find this fascinating. They've closed schools, they've closed the fitness centers because they don't have any water. Now, what's ironic about this? And I say this with so much love for Manitoo Springs. Do you like Manitud Springs if you ever spend any time down there? Ayrod Uh?
Speaker 3: Not in the hot springs.
Speaker 4: No, it's adorable. Manituo Springs is adorable. And everybody smells like petuli, which is good because now you can't shower. So there's every store in Manituo Springs. You can buy some crystals to use as deodorant and some petuli because you're gonna neat it. What's super ironic is that, when you think about it, Manitou Springs has a freaking river running right through the middle of it. For them to have a water emergency, that's like wow, water water everywhere and not a drop to drink. Yeah, manday, they should have sold it to the city of Denver, it seems they like to overpay. Yes, but only for homeless hotels. And to the person who said McBride for Colorado governor, has this dude been on the show yet, I would be curious what his viewpoints are. I'm gonna be really honest with you, guys. I am not ready to jump into the next election. We absolutely will be inviting all of the candidates on both sides of the aisle. We will invite all well, Okay, if there's like a crazy person that has no chance, I'm not gonna invite him on the show. But all legitimate you know, if you have any fundraising to speak of, I'm gonna invite you on the show. Both Democrat and Republican, especially the Democrats. I'm gonna try and get on the show because the way it looks right now, unless there's some unicorn Republican out there with absolutely no skeleton in the closet and the clear ability to articulate why conservative positions would be great for Colorado, we're going to have another Democratic governor. A lot has to happen to change my view of that, so I will have them on the show. I just am not ready to jump right in to another one, just not yet. I hope you understand. So if you're going to Manitou, you may want to bring a little what's that stuff called Vic's vapor rub, like the emmes us. Just put it right under your nostrils. I mean, I'm just saying there's a lot of hippies in Manito Springs, a lot of hippies, a lot of witches, wickens, weirdos, And I mean that in the best possible way. I happen to be pro weirdo.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 4: I'm pro weirdo. I think weirdos make life interesting. Weirdos make life fun. I mean, not the dangerous whack of doodle weirdos, just your run of the mill normal weirdos. Everybody needs some weirdos in their life. You think, I know, I do, Mandy? Do those hippie shower anyway? I don't know, Hi, Mandy, My Band's Sundance Revival is playing in Manitou Springs this Sunday at one o'clock at the Armadillo Ranch. Come out and have a glass of water. Now you rebel? Are you just gonna bring bottled water and like like just throw it all over everybody in the crowd.
Speaker 5: Just as a.
Speaker 4: Flex I would. This is a fascinating study. Someone decided to do something and put a value proposition on concert tickets. They went and got the prices for various concerts, and then they went and got the set list, and they divided the price of the concert with the number of songs, and they got a value proposition like what are you paying per song? Hey, Runner, you're a Lna del Rey fan. I don't know if I if I could identify a Lna del Race, I'm going to slap me in the face. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I think she's she leads with.
Speaker 4: The priciest concert performer at sixteen dollars and two cents per song. I mean, that's that's kind of nuts. Pass Oasis generates the most revenue for song at wait for it, eight hundred and fifty eight twenty four dollars, with nightly earnings of seventeen point one six million across their Reunion tour shows. Budget conscious fans get the best value from Ed Sheeran just ninety one cents per minute and Usher at three dollars and seventy six cents per song. Now let me just go back in the way back machine. Back when I was a kid. I remember the first concert that I bought tickets for that I had to save up money and I had to go, you know, wait in line. I gotta tell you, Like as easy as it is to sit in your computer in a queue when tickets go on sale on Ticketmaster, there was something magical about camping out for tickets for a show you really wanted to see. Right, you go to the record store, you set up your lawn chair, you got your cooler, and you hang out with a bunch of other nerds who are in line waiting for a concert. And then you're like first in line the next day, and it was you still got ten throw seats, And you're like, what happened? But artists back then, when tickets were thirty seven dollars, I had to save up thirty seven dollars, which was a lot of money to me in nineteen eighty seven. But in the grand scheme of things, when people are paying hundreds of dollars for a concert ticket, now I feel pretty lucky. But back then, artists made money on album sales. Right, we all went and we bought their album, We bought their CD, we bought their cassette. We bought their eight track depending on how old you were, and they made money off of all of that. But now streaming pays so little that they may have tons more downloads, but the actual payout per play is much much, much lower, so they have to make money on these concerts. I will tell you, I feel like the Tailor swift Eras tour that had to be a good value because she sang so many songs. I mean so many songs. Lady Gaga's Mayhem Ball Tour follows at thirteen point nine seven cents per song and two forty seven a minute. That's two dollars and forty seven cents a minute. Beyonce rounds out the top three with her Cowboy Carter and the Rodeo Chitlin Circuit Tour at thirteen dollars and sixty three cents per track. Her generous thirty six song two and a half hour spectacles command premium pricing, averaging four hundred and ninety one dollars per seat. Yike, you guys, how do you take your kids to stuff like that? I mean, how do you? We've now now with my daughter, that's all she wants for Christmas is she asked for concerts, and a lot of the music she listens to or not is no music that we have here in the station. But thankfully they're not big star they're not super celebrities. They're you know, lower tier musicians on the way up, I think most of them. But still it's like, you know, eighty five ninety dollars a ticket, it's like oof, that hurts. With my best friend in nineteen eighty five camping out at Independent Records to get Rush tickets so fun, I will never forget. I camped out for two days, two nights, two days, two nights, three nights, I guess three days, two nights to get Eric Clapton tickets on my twenty first birthday. I didn't camp out on my twenty first birthday. The concert was on my twenty first birthday and it was worth it. And the last day I used to work at a restaurant called the Mill Bakery, Etery and Brewery, and we had donuts and muffins and stuff like that. The last day of the camp out, right before tickets went on sale, I got the manager to bring donuts for everybody in line, and I was I was the hero of the day and I was in the front of the line, so I was I was like, yeah, God, it was so fun. Back in the day, the Dead never made money on their records. Sharing music sure paid off for them, Yeah, I did, Mandy. I saw in nineteen eighty two saw Queen and Billie Squire from the Eighteenth paid twelve bucks for the whole show, Mandy. I was seventeen when I saw my first live concert Led Zeppelin in nineteen seventy three at Kazar Stadium in San Francisco. We camped overnight. It was epic ticket price seven dollars and fifty cents. Back in my day, you could go see a concert for a reasonable an out of money. Not anymore. But at what point, I wonder, at what point the people start saying, uh, yeah, I'm not going to pay four hundred dollars a ticket for bad money. I guess as long as there's people willing to pay, they could get them. By the way, I'll begrudge you anybody making money. I really don't, but it does feel inaccessible for a lot of people to be able to pay four hundred and fifty bucks for concert ticket. I mean, at that point you're like, do I pay my rent or do I go see Beyonce. I have a video a young Chinese woman did an undercover report on the working conditions for fast fashion giant San And if you buy from Shean, you're buying from people who are not being treated well. But you know, hey, whatever, it's fine. That's on the blog today. The Office has a new spin off, and I have to say I love the concept so much. It almost has a Christopher guest waiting for Guffman feel to it. And it is about a small town newspaper who has run out of money and the editor is trying to keep the whole thing afloat with volunteer reporters. Already, I'm excited about the premise Oscar will be a part of this show. What network? Where's this airing? It's not on regular television?
Speaker 3: Is it Paramid on NBC? No, It's on Peacock plus Peacock Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So this is the new way they're trying to make us all get streaming services. Ha jokes on them. I already have that one. Anyway, I want to talk for just a moment about again. I mean, this is I really don't understand why Jeff co parents aren't constantly up in arms about the things that are happening in their district. You may remember that there was a female teacher who not only groomed a female student towards a sexual relationship, she also helped the student commit fraud by lying on FAFSA forms those are Federal student aid forms and declaring her homeless, even though everybody knew she wasn't. Since the girl turned eighteen, she conveniently left the state to go live with the teacher, and Jefferson County Public Schools has done nothing productive about it until now. Until now, I just want to let you know what Jeffco Superintendent Tracy Doorland is doing about this. Listen to this good morning from an email for Inquiring Minds. Tracy's breakfast meeting with us tomorrow at Columbine High School where all this took place, is an opportunity for her to share her support and the district support of Columbine and Scott, the principal who knew about it and helped it happen anyway, and when the mother complained said this teacher was just helping this girl navigate her sexuality. I would say, so, let me start again for Inquiring Minds, Tracy's breakfast meeting with us tomorrow morning is an opportunity for her to share her support and the district support of Columbine and Scott as related to the leanne Kearney news stories in the past weeks. Last week, a small group collaborated on the importance of making a statement in defense of Scott and Columbine as we feel the news has portrayed a horribly negative and false image of Columbine and how the situation was handled. Because that's what happened. The media didn't have to spin anything out of control. A principle of a school guidance counselors of a school committed fraud and helped a female lesbian teacher groom a female student at school. I mean what, I'm sorry, did I miss something we're in that we're in that is just the Oh, they just mishandled one situation. There were a series of purposeful choices by school officials to separate this girl from her family so she could be preyed upon by their colleague. I admit, that's pretty clear. I don't think we need to, you know, there's no reason. I sorta nibble around the edges. Thankfully. By the way, while Tracy Dorelin, the superintendent, has just been ignoring parents were outraged about this. At least she's gonna go to the school to let them know the district is going to support them as they're being investigated for the fraud they perpetrated allegedly. I am really fascinated to see how this thing turns out, really fascinated. And I again, I don't understand why jeff Co parents, and why this is okay. I don't understand why you're not at every single school board meeting demanding the resignation of Tracy Dorlund for her blatant ineptitude in this and so many other matters. But hey, I don't live in jeff Co. You guys are on your own anyway. Can we talk about you know, sometimes people will balk, like if you've ever rented a vrbo and Airbnb, there's usually a list of rules. Right when Chuck and I got married, we actually came out here for our honeymoon because we were living in Southwest Florida or living on the sun as I like to call it. So I told you we got married in December, and I said I for our honeymoon, I want to go to a place with four feet of snow. I want to have a hot tub outside, and I want it to be really private. So we rented a cabin and divide. It was so good, it was absolutely fantastic. But when we thought when we got this deal done, so this is two thousand and seven, and a lot of stuff was still being done, Like we got this emailed contract because Airbnb wasn't a thing then, or if it was, I wasn't aware of it, and they emailed us this contract and I am not joking you. It was like fifteen pages long, written in tiny mice type of all of these rules that you had to follow to stay in this cabin. And Chuck looked at it and was like, you have got to be kidding me. With all these rules, I said, you have to understand every one of these rules is in response to some stupid thing that someone else did already. I mean, there were things I wish I could remember the most ridiculous one, but they were so ridiculous. You know, someone did it and they had to make a rule so it didn't happen again. So that's kind of how I feel about this rule change. At CON the Film Festival, you know, the Con Film festival, massive Hollywood event in France. It's one of the biggest film festivals in the world, if not the biggest film festival in the world, and it's their seventy eighth annual event. So this year the cann website has added something to the website. One of those things is the dress code. Listen to this for the Graham Theater Lumire Gallas greenings taking plays around seven to ten PM, which are attended by the artistic teams evening where long dress tuxedo is required. Alternatively, you may also wear a little black dress, a cocktail dress, a dark colored pantsuit, a dressy top with black pants, elegant shoes and sandals with or without a heel, no sneakers, a black or blue navy suit with bow tie or dark colored a tie. Tope bags, backpacks or large bags are prohibited for decency reasons.
Speaker 10: Nudity is prohibited on the red carpet, as well as in any other area of the festival. Voluminous outfits, in particular those with a large train that hinder the proper flow of traffic of guests and complicate seating in the theater are not permitted. They had to make a rule that you couldn't show up naked to the can Film Festival.
Speaker 4: That's where we are in society right now. The funniest part about this is I'm pretty sure you can go to the beach in can and see a bunch of topless women, but you're not gonna see them at the film festival. This is what Hollywood has done. All of these Hollywood starlits, trying to get some kind of traction, trying to be the thing that was talked about the next day, have now set a standard where in France, of all places, they have to clearly say no nudity of any kind. Now this article that I read the headline is very misleading. It says Halle there he was supposed to change at Cans last minute, not going to break the rules, and then they start out with the naked part. You're like, Halle was not about to go naked. Because Halle normally ninety nine point one percent of the time is flawless on a red carpet. She is gorgeous, she has incredible style, she has a rock and body. I only say ninety nine point one percent of the time because her Met Galla dress was not good. It was it was not good. It just it was It was the opposite of good. It was bad. It had sheer panels sewn in with kind of in this striped way, and there was a black panel in the middle of her body that went right down, you know, and covered the uh the private area, do you know what I mean. But then there was two sheer panels on either side of it, so you could sort of like, oh, can I see No, you could not, but it just it did not work. Mandy has Scott a principle or a pimpsicle? Uh huh. I don't think he is trying to pimp people out, but I think he was asleep at the wheel. I think he trusted the word of a teacher who was a predator, because we still don't think of women as predators, and yet they are. We've had two stories. I have a story on the blog today about a Douglas County teacher, a male teacher, being arrested for child abuse of some sort. And then I heard in Keenan's news we got a guy at a cherry creek or somewhere. But these are both dudes, right, so we you know, when that happens, we're like, okay, we need to think that women can be predators because they can be Mandy. Did they also have to include thou shalt not kill in the rules it can what and make sure that Alec baldw you could never come again. That would be mean to single him out like that, Nandy, they do not take a bath with a toaster clause is standard in rental agreements. No, it was way worse than that. It was things very specific like don't put an open container of tuna fish in the refrigerator and leave it. I mean that it was that kind of level of specificity, and they were just more absurd. They either got my thinking was the people who own this area or own this home that we rented. It's now a private residence. We found it again, but you can't rent it anymore. I think they either got super drunk and just made up the wildest rules that they could ever think of in their lives, or all of these things had been done by prior renters. Mandy, private area, whatever do you mean if you don't know, I cannot help you. Nope, do not Nope. And I cannot read the other text about that because it will it will get me fired anyway. This text message gets it right, Nandy. My life motto is there's always one schmuck and it's true. It absolutely is true. So here we go. We've gone from Jeffco's schools. We've gone to the what's the word I'm looking for, the halle Berry situation. But I do want to get into this story. I should have done it earlier because this is something we've talked about and I think that it is one of those things that it's really important to understand the damage around alcohol that we have sort of pushed to the wayside. And there's a story in the Wall Street Journal right now about women and alcohol. And we've talked about this before. I've talked about how I really don't like mommy wine culture. And it's not that I don't like women drinking wine. That's not it at all, obviously not I have the wine again in the show we talk about wine. I drink in moderation, although hardly ever anymore, but simply because it prevents me from sleeping. Ever. So, mommy wine culture is more the women who walk around with the t shirts that say your why Mommy drinks, or they walk around with the win o'clock shirts like they're walking around as an active promotion of a habit that is not a healthy habit. Yeah, you can have wine and moderation and it's good for you and all that stuff. That's one of those nutrition stories that one day alcohol will be bad, one day wine will be good, one day beer'll be good, then it'll be bad. I mean, we don't really know, and I don't think that. Like I'm never in favor of like, let's just never sell alcohol again. That's not it at all. I'm for responsible usage. But now women are not just drinking more, they're also dying more. Men by far, die more often of alcohol related issues by far, but women are catching up. Women who turn thirty five between twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen were more sixty percent more likely to report binge drinking or alcohol use disorder symptoms than women who turn thirty five earlier than that. Doctors are now witnessing more hospitalizations of women for liver disease, and some researchers suspect alcohol consumption is contributing to a rise in the rates of breast cancer. Women are also experiencing alcohol related deaths at a faster clip than men, and they're saying it's not pay parity, it's drinking parity. So I always like people to just think about be purposeful in your vices, right, think about what you're doing. Just don't do it because it's habit. And if you enjoy a glass of wine and you love having a delicious bottle of wine with your dinner on occasion, I'm here for you one hundred percent. Just pay attention to what you're doing. Pay attention if it's negatively impacting your relationships in your life, if it's making more difficult to do your job. At that point, you may need to recognize that you were headed down a very very bad road and right edwards. I'm gonna ask you this because Ryan just came in the studio. Did you have friends in college who were like party, party, party, party, party, of course, and then they got out of college and they were like I'm done.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm done.
Speaker 4: And then you have the friends that never did They never got over it, right, and now they're forty and they're bloated and they're a full blown alcoholic. And that is the most depressing thing because I think if you've gone to college, you have people that fit in both those.
Speaker 8: Categories, correct, And I even lived in a house with three other guys, and I can immediately tell you two of them that that went on to have successful lives and then the one guy that really did not.
Speaker 4: Everybody has a blue dough from animal House. Everybody's got a blue do in there, and it's depressing because mine is dead.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 3: So and I mean mine is not.
Speaker 8: But to that point, it's like, you know, when you're in your early twenties, you know, there's a certain amount of acceptance we have with that lifestyle while you know your forties and fifties, and then it's kind of like, Okay, what was going on?
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you. I have a few friends that were great friends in my twenties that if I plan to see them because they live in a different city, so I'm gonna go visit them, and I make sure to go see them early in the day. Yeah, cause I just I don't want to be a part of it. I don't like it. You know, there's nothing worse than like a fifty year old sloppy drunk.
Speaker 8: No. And the other side of that, too, is when you have elected to either scale back or maybe not drink at all. They don't want to be around you either, because you're a reminder of the constant reminder of what they probably should be doing with their life.
Speaker 4: I actually think younger people are more tolerant of non drinkers. Like when we were young, if you have those nightsperens like, look, I gotta go to work tomorrow at four o'clock in the morning, I'm not drinking. I was like, what, you're not drinking? It became a challenge, right, like, oh, I'm just going to buy one shot. That doesn't count, but yet it all counts. I do think younger people are much more tolerant of not drinking, which is great. Yeah, you know, and like I said, if you enjoy a glass of wine or whatever, just be thoughtful about it, right, Just make sure that you're paying attention to what you're doing and don't let yourself get to a point where you're damaging relationships or your overall health because it's simply it's not working. And for the person who's that, aren't you And the wine called yogi just contributing to the culture. You notice we're not talking about yellowtail chardonnay, right, Like, if you're going to do it, Phronsia, Yeah, at least, Hey, don't knock the phronsie that got me through right there again. You know, that's that's why we talk about really quality wine, because you know, I'm not a teetotaler. I don't expect people to be a teetotal I'm just asking people to be purposeful in their choices, that's all. It's just make sure in whatever you do, be purposeful in your choices. Anyway, Now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind in the world of the day. All right, I have a dad joke today. No, no, oh, you can go first. Then give me subject now and okay, go for it. Okay. A slop got robbed by three turtles, and when the police arrived, they asked what happened, and the sloth said, I don't know.
Speaker 8: It all happened so fast, anyone. My daughter told me we're all in the pool. Now, my daughter, where do sheep like to go on vacation? Where the Bahamas?
Speaker 6: I like both of those very much, But Ryan, I told Andy that this is going in my dad Joe call. Okay, okay, is anyone out there interested in buying my DeLorean great condition in low mileage?
Speaker 3: Really only driven from time to time.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a frame of reference though, you know what I mean, Like you gotta know the movie love that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 4: Great, great one. Okay, what is our our word? Our word of the day?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 3: It is an adjective, okay.
Speaker 7: Ephemeral, ephemeral e femeral means not of this world, kind of.
Speaker 4: Angelic u ephemeral like ghost like No, what is it?
Speaker 6: It sounds right though lasting a very short time. Ah, dang it that word for wrong for years trivia question. Although she was born in Egypt, Cleopatra was not Egyptian. What nation did Cleopatra's family hail from?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna see.
Speaker 3: Great for it.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. Ethiopia. Oh okay, wow, Greece. Cleopatra was a descendant of Ptolemy told me the first Soda, a general who served Alexander the Great. There's the thing we know now. I should have known that. I feel bad for myself that I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Because because he said great, birl was like, well that wasn't really like I was like, old.
Speaker 4: World, pretty obvious, though. We should have said Greece, we're just dumb. Ryan We're just dumb anyway. What is our jeopardy category? Please don't call ryme dumb?
Speaker 6: Take my rhyme, which means every answer rhymes with take take my rid When used by hand, it'll kill a vampire.
Speaker 3: That was exactly it'sie. You need rock paper scissors right now?
Speaker 4: Crap, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Was a stake that is correct? Ok? Really close? Take my rhyme?
Speaker 6: The Yama gashi not Tamagachi. Yama Kagashi of Asia is a venomous one?
Speaker 3: What is a stake?
Speaker 4: Is correct?
Speaker 3: It follows a schooner as it? That is correct? To leave someone when they still need you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: What's the forake that is correct?
Speaker 5: Is that a tie?
Speaker 6: Here we go rubber match? To satisfy, to satisfy one's thirst. I've never heard this word.
Speaker 3: Neither of you get this. I've never heard this word.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know ay word, but it doesn't rhyme rhymes satisfy ones.
Speaker 3: First, man, I don't know that word either.
Speaker 4: All I could remember was.
Speaker 3: Was, uh, sate Ryan. He starts so well, and you kind of choked away like the nuggets last night. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing that's gonna be a painful subject today.
Speaker 3: For that is gonna be tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Colorado Sports Show sort of deal with that.
Speaker 3: We actually are.
Speaker 4: Gonna do the schedule show tonight too. Are you going the full.
Speaker 3: Full month in the full full full gambit there? So yeah, so we'll start.
Speaker 8: We actually have Warren Shaffer, the interim Rockies manager, right off the top of the show.
Speaker 4: All right, there you go. You can shake something loose there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 8: Got the Nuggets game, We got some Broncos topics, and yes we have the schedule and stuff that's exciting.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try and go to the London game. I would like to go and uh and go see a football game in London. I just think that's cool. Okay, Tomorrow, I don't know who's coming on. He's not confirmed yet, so we'll talk about that tomorrow. Okay, Waite Sports coming up next.