Speaker 1: Hello, ladies, gentlemen, Welcome back to the Predator Retrospective. I am the podcaster and the tree trash now and I'm joined.
Speaker 2: By the Berserker Kirkland Patzer, the seventh season survivor Jessica.
Speaker 3: Over here, Taylor Field.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lasien, we are talking about Predators, so you can go back. We have done a retro for Predator Predator two, and then obviously this one, and then next week will be the re release of the Predator, so we're not going to retrospect of that. You guys know the rules. We don't do movies within five years or ones we've done recently. In what that came out two thousand and eight, I guess it's gonna close. Sorry, twenty eighteen, right, the Predator, I think, I guess we're getting close, but now it's still four years so and plus I don't need to retro that movie again, but we'll re release review. It's tons of fun on that one. And yeah, then we'll be reviewing Prey, which is coming up soon August fifth, and then yeah, and then after that, there's but Lord of the Rings retrospectives happening right now, So lots of retros happening tons of news, variety of many other things. I think this is dropping this week, so you can go back and check out our Comic Con coverage. Comic Coom Marvel panel was our biggest day ever, surpassing The Batman this year. And that's a big glamar because we've never had a news day due that's always been a review. It's always been Spidy, endgame, this or that. But Batman's been taken down. And but it was a very good day, fun day and uh yeah, tons, we got a mega mind retrospective happening. We got tons of things happening, Jessica, I saw your hand up.
Speaker 4: I just want to before, while we're talking about Pray.
Speaker 2: When I went to find this movie Predators and I searched it on Disney Plus, Pray came up and I was like, I thought I was one of those people that like Disney Plus Glitched and I.
Speaker 3: Got to watch it, but I over fucking.
Speaker 4: I opened it and just said trailer.
Speaker 2: I was like, ah, here, I was thinking I was going to be one of those people that got something early.
Speaker 5: It's excited, was it?
Speaker 1: I guess it's tame for a little bit, but then it's disappointment.
Speaker 4: It's true, and the disappointment was I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Are you like itching to see prey though? Was it like one of those things like, oh my gosh, this is the best thing ever. Invite a bunch of people over, let's watch pray guys.
Speaker 4: It was more like, you know, oh this pretty cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would have invited Taylor over, because I probably would have just started watching it in case they cut it, like that happened with.
Speaker 1: Rewind it Justice, that happen Justice. I forgot about that that it went live for under what was it under? Tom and Jerry?
Speaker 3: Right, that's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, now that that makes it.
Speaker 4: They cut it and they didn't get to finish it, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: That was true? Yeah, people, then we had to finish it. But still they got to see that first hour and a half and stuff thanks to Tom and Jerry. But yeah, no, Tom and Jerry this time, I feel like, can they find everything we got going on? Right now?
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, you can find us with your interner connection in the search bar. Geek Versus is our own base geek Versus castAR and geek first on our Facebook.
Speaker 1: There you go, Kirkling, get those fingers ready, and you go down below and find everything in the links a little early. You beat me too, but that no, that's fine. Inking that up the whole time. Link says everything our audio or video. How to subscribe, our discord, our separate feeds, our podcast network, which pretty much now has like a day show a day, multiple shows a day right now, Go check out Star Wars Alliance. They're just those bastards over there. Good for Katie and Clay. They got review copies of a bunch of books and stuff like that, so they're getting those nice early reviews out there, so go check those out. And then yes, Patreon, as you can see down below for the video people. That's the best way to subscribe us or to support us, because not only do you get ad free episodes, early episodes, exclusive details, not only do you get three exclusive shows. Depending the ty on it supports us, the more he supports, more content you get. That's why you should look at then well you can't look because it's our calendar. But if you're to see our calendar, like literally next month, I'm off and I announced Travis told you so, uh, just Tras told you starting all is first three pm every Monday Thursday. Look out for it. I podcast I think like forty five times next month. So and that's all because of you guys, gals and everyone in between. Because the more you guys are putting it in there, the more we can make time to do these. And as you can see, we're just popping off with the red shows. And you can join the highest here and pick a movie to review or pick a movie for us to review. And a big shout out to the producers Aaron Bradin, April Doges, Smally Bigs and Joshua Right, very nice, Kirk One, some nice news work right there.
Speaker 5: I like it, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: And you know what, no, no, you know what I also like is not having a bunch of pubes on my balls right now. Because Manscape you can go over and use manscape dot com get twenty percent and free worldwide shipping using that code gv pod, tons and tons of content as far products, so I guess their content's us and we're gonna go like tons of products, trimmers, shavers, cloones, lip bombs, the actual like razors, which is just the best. Like I'm I'm nice, clean shaven, all because of the plow right now, it's lots of good things. So yes, go hap and go over there and do that.
Speaker 2: So Taylor is so into Mandscape that he's promoting it in the personal gv CHO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the only saving grace I have at work.
Speaker 5: I used the code today, Taylor.
Speaker 1: He just stands up and he's like, look at work. He's like, all you are sweating your balls off, not me. And he's been on his cologne and stuff like that. And the good thing is you get great product. But if you support our sponsors, you're supporting us as well. So yeah, you said you use the code today, Kirkland, I was.
Speaker 5: I was joking. I already have some products.
Speaker 6: But no, it was implying Taylor has his own separate photos. I trust was he was pitching in the chat, but alas think of Sight of Predators.
Speaker 1: At least he's pitching cleanly. Well speaking of some people. They need some production, these people on his planet. Let me tell you, so you know what, it's our first time having Jess gone the Prayer retrospective. And you said pifically because I'm like you talked about being predators might get every time predator brought I think Predator Alien gets brought you have no interest in it, and you're like, oh, you're you bugging Tarry saying something about it and stuff like that. But you specifically wanted to be on this one. So I'm gonna let you lead off of why did you want to be in this one? And when was the first time you saw it? And what do you feel about now in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So yeah, my interest in being on this one is I have really fond memories of this movie.
Speaker 4: I've never seen Predator. I've never seen Predator too.
Speaker 2: I watched this one not in theaters, but when it came out I guess to DVD at the time, and then I only watched the Predator for the podcast. And I probably will not see Prey in theaters. Just if I'm getting a babysitter or you or something.
Speaker 3: Else for you. It's not in theaters.
Speaker 2: Oh was it Street to Disney Plus? Oh, well, maybe I'll hop on the review for that.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 1: Uh, you weren't on the Predator.
Speaker 4: Review, was I not?
Speaker 3: I don't know, she just support franchise.
Speaker 4: Maybe there was nothing else out who.
Speaker 1: Knows, fair enough, but continual one.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I remember really enjoying this. I'm wondering, just looking at years, I might have watched a v P and then I was like, oh yeah, this is this is cool, and then watched this one. And I've never seen a single alien movie besides a VP. So my whole thing in this universe is limited to a VP, this and the Predator. Yeah, it's a it's a fun little world I'm living in here. Just all the prime.
Speaker 1: Prime choices, the series rated ones.
Speaker 5: I mean it can only go up from there.
Speaker 2: You know, Hey, I liked a VP, and you know what, I like this movie when it first came out, and well, I do have some problems with it.
Speaker 4: I still did enjoy it. I still had a fun time watching it.
Speaker 2: Travis looks extremely disappointed in that comment, but I digress. It's definitely got some problems with how it's aged. There are definitely some comments and some things that are said that are like, e, you know, the different time twelve years ago.
Speaker 4: But overall, it was a fun watch.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that I did rewatch it for this because I wouldn't have gone back to rewatch it Otherwise it would have just sat in my memory as a fun, happy movie that I really enjoyed.
Speaker 4: Overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited to hear what you guys think, just being the fact that I, you know, that's hashtag behind the scenes. I haven't listened to either of your guys's other Predator retros because I had no reason to, because I don't plan on watching them.
Speaker 1: That's fair, you know, kirkham Pats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I uh, funny enough.
Speaker 6: I feel like this movie is kind of similar to Jessica, where I didn't see it in theaters. I feel like I didn't really even know this was out. This was definitely pre podcast days, when I like really wasn't in the now on movies and stuff, and then all of a sudden, my dad just had some movies out, and then I was like, oh, look, Predators, what's the funny, mister chuckles?
Speaker 1: You Taylor planning a podcast and he screwed up the dates and he's trying. He's like, oh, don't worry.
Speaker 3: Fuck it, it's too late. Gets me.
Speaker 1: Every time he's like, oh, don't worry, we can figure out a plan, and I dropped to Michael Jackson, it's too late if it gets me. Every time, I was annoyed with him because he made he double booked him. So I was like, you.
Speaker 6: Basked, okay, little little bts there behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: What was I saying?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So this movie was out and then I watched it, and I I remember really liking it. I definitely like misremembered certain moments that happened overall in this movie. U.
Speaker 5: But although I think it was a fun time.
Speaker 6: Put in the waiting room, I don't want I don't want to kick you.
Speaker 1: I don't predators.
Speaker 6: I mean, yes, predators, but honestly, this movie is fun. I completely forgot like some of the cast that was actually in this movie. I feel like majority of them are people that I've seen in other things before because you didn't.
Speaker 1: Know who he was, just some guy exactly, no, exactly him.
Speaker 5: I forgot Eric Foreman til for Grades was in this Yeah. But all I know, I feel like, I feel like this was still a fun watch.
Speaker 6: I I feel like, yeah, without getting into too much it it it really knew what he was trying to do, like from the get go, so it wasn't trying to have this like elaborate plan on why we're getting like a predator to to New York City or LA or something like that. It was just let's just put them in in a hunting ground, and that was I think that was just really fun. So yeah, I'll pass it along there. This is only my second time watching it, and fortunately for me, it was still a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take it. Yeah, I had seen this movie when it came out twenty ten. I was excited by the prospect of it because I'll be excited for the Red shows. I remember not liking the Alien Versus Predder movies. I remember thinking they were pretty bad, so I was happy to have some new blood going in there. I like Robert Rodriguez. Obviously he didn't direct this, but he produced it, and I think he had some He wasn't credited, but he talked about the script before, so he had it was a hands on producing projects. So and that was a time where I really like him before he introduced Boba Fette into my life. But anyways, that's another story. Note Robert is so great director with certain things. And yeah, it's a stacked stacked cast. And No, I liked it back then and I still really like it now. I don't judge a book by its cover, j escame. I thought I was laughing at that. No, I I still, like Kurland said, it's as simple. I think it's kind of like when we do the Jurassic Park retro and I said, there's only two things you can do with that. You can do the first Drastic Park and then Drastic World. Though try to open up the park. It fails, and then we open up the park and then it fails again. You know where this is like, Okay, there's only so which we're gonna get with Prey, but there's only in my opinion, and we'll see because Pray's getting lots of good reviews. But so far, I feel like there's only so much you can do with Predator versus a guy, right, And I feel like I like Predator two for what it is, but that's definitely because it's just very cheesy and over the top. The Predator not a good movie. So this was a fun idea to Okay, this is them training. We're gonna put them all, you know, these elite hunters, which some of them do you want to say elite? I don't know about that. There's there's some people where it's just like I don't know if I buy the guy from the Yakuasa as like an elite hunter like, true, we'll get to like he does some najul on, but some of these people are a little questionable. Like around the world. It is the best, but maybe so. I think it's a different type of slice of life. It reminds me very, very very similar to Saw Too, where a bunch of people wake up in their criminals and something like what do you do? Where are you from? And I had major flashbacks to that. So no, I still like it. I like the world, I like the concepts they introduce. It is a lower budget mood. I think you can feel that at times, especially the opening shot, this mooth of Asie and Brody fall into the sky. My god, it does not look good at all. It looks very bad. I wish she just woke up on the ground. And there's a few things like the dogs and stuff like that. But that's fine. I kind of give it a pass because it is lower but yeah, no, it's it's an enjoyable venture. Yeah, there's definitely some things in here, specifically Walding Goggin's character that does not age well. Yes, he was playing a criminal, but at the same time, it's like, because they play these things for comedic effect, that's what it's like, oh and all these preader movies don't age well.
Speaker 3: And I even remember when we reviewed.
Speaker 1: The Predator in twenty eighteen, like even in the current day, it's just like it's just like a very macho franchise. But now it's just like things about Masuism have been shown not be good, you know, and there's like the toxic side of that. So I still enjoy this movie quite a bit. I had a fun times it. I don't watch it like regularly, but next time I will watch you in my life. And I enjoy everything for the most part. But I have some cons here and there, so tear Field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so for me.
Speaker 7: I uh, this is it's tough because this might be my favorite Predator movie, like even more so than the original, just because I love how it attributes to the original, and I love how much it builds off with the universe.
Speaker 3: And again there is some I can't wait to get into that when we get into like more of the spoiler like talking about the plant and everything, because there's one scene that is probably one of my all time favorite scenes of all time, like in just in cinema, it's just absolutely incredible. Now I did get to see this in theaters. I remember when I found uh. I was on a super big kick in grade ten s talk. I know, I saw you fucking put it in there. Oh my god, that's the gift everyone's God. It fucking gets me every time though. So when I was in grade ten at the time and this movie was coming out and I found on the internet the posts because they're super cryptic about they released it a game on the Apple Store for it. I put it on my iPhone the time. It was fucking awesome.
Speaker 6: Gay, I had that game actually, but yeah, because you would play as the predator, right, yeah, yeah, that one, that one slapped.
Speaker 5: That one was so good.
Speaker 3: This is awesome.
Speaker 1: No one cut that out of context.
Speaker 3: Please, It was so good for a mobile game. But yeah, So they started dropping all these cryptic things like learn about like the history, like who, what's their real like ms? All these characters and stuff. I got so excited that I'm going to share some personal stuff here with you guys if you're watching the video thing. I kind of obviously like the personal personal parts. But on my Facebook I actually shared these back in the day. Come on, I got that. I actually posted and created an album for for Predators and put all the photos in there, and I was like, oh, this is just so cool. And I commented you like.
Speaker 4: Your own post I did, You're the only one.
Speaker 5: Was like, I'm the only comment too.
Speaker 3: I read so stoked on this movie. Yeah, Predator's Moll coming out release date July seven. And then I eat that white thing you see at the bottom there, that thing, I actually screenshot it and I took the time in grade ten did work on this. This is what I did. I actually did this and put this in my album. Times to go to a website to watch Predators trailer. Finally, I don't know if this link, like, yeah, it is obviously completely.
Speaker 9: Sost is I supposed to say finally, Oh it's supposed to for surely, my god, sound like a hobbit over there, but we get it when we.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Thanks for history there from yours truly.
Speaker 1: Have you tried to go to the website?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, you should go to right now, screenship and go to right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go to right now.
Speaker 1: She's a bunch of nudes of tailor. It's like you're the presser mask and then the platass naked.
Speaker 2: Raw card that's not our only fans on the zilla. Also, what's the one comment?
Speaker 8: It was?
Speaker 3: It just that was me, and I said like, oh, this is so cool.
Speaker 1: This is a sad look, I got to open up the thing. At that point his parents were looking at him, just being like, it's too late. Okay, is it the searching up here? Well, we're gonna take our first ad break and then we're back. We'll see the results of taste for sure, and then we're going to get in the spoils of this movie, so we be right back.
Speaker 10: Are you looking for a D and D podcast or the dark side? Something more like Game of Thrones and less like Monty Python. Tale of the Mantagre is part dark fantasy audio drama, part solo D and D RPG. There's no plot armor here. The dice make all the important decisions. Join me as I resurrect the excitement, wonder and emotion of old school D and D made for a mature audience. Tale of the Mantagrey is both in fiction and a game. It's the story where chaos.
Speaker 1: Rolls and we are back gonna that gift come up. So many times are oh yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Like the website doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 4: Makes spelling it wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, finally, Yeah, Oh I did worse.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Feeling lad feeling. You know, I think it was shut down.
Speaker 3: So my website is not unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Well tell you said you couldn't wait to get into when we were talking about spoilers. But before you get into, because I will throw to you, I have to start with this movie. If I had a very early place in our hearts in the geek for his podcast, because I remember Kirkland's last cast, which you know didn't last that long, but when we thought he wasn't coming back when he lied, uh for we did our top ten fictional fictional fair characters, and I remember you shocked the world like you have a very you can go find that list on YouTube somewhere everybody, but you have a very shocking list in general, but no shocking entry more than the character from this movie. Now, it's not Royce, it's not one of the other killers, it's not one of the predators with the names hunting. It is literally predator in the tree and Predator in the tree. That's what list was. Predator in the Tree Hens my my nickname, and yeah and Tay we talked about when we gave him crowd like, you don't even know this character's name, but this this is the one. Finally the watches and this is the guy who is in your top ten favorite characters. He still stand by that, Taylor, I would still stand by it.
Speaker 3: I like what I I watched. So when I watched Predators, I watched it a couple of weeks ago because I just I couldn't maintain my excitement. I had to get into it. And this is a movie where I'll always just if I'm just kicking around, I'll go on YouTube and I'll just watch scenes with a predator and I'm just just like, fuck, this is so good. And the main not the main hunting predator on the Predator that's been tied up, and it's just like on the totem, I've like, fuck, it's so cool when he gets cut, when Royce just shows up cuts him down, and then you get that og predator theme that's like remixed, and it's like like like, oh, holy fuck, it's just remixing, and the Predator is just like grabs Royce like looking at his skull, drops him, and then man, this is just what I fucking love the remix kicks and hard and it's like do do do do do doo, and he's like slow mo putting his helmet on. He puts it on and then like the electricity fizzles over his body, like, oh, this is so fucking good. And then he activates his gauntlet and then he I just I love the scenes so much where Earth appears and you just see like the smile on Royce. That's a big kicker for me, is when you can see like an alien species is kind of like befriending like a human, and then they have that bone. That's why like alien versus pread Er so much, because they have that dynamic in there. But just to see this scene here and then the music's still kicking in and then it immediately cuts. He hits the button activate the ship. Oh, I'm just fucking losing my mind right now in the living room. And then the Brazerker comes in and then the Predder steps in front of Royce. Oh, it's that's one of the greatest scenes of all time I ever seen a movie. It's so perfect.
Speaker 2: I gotta say though, the lead into that scene when he just like straight falls from the fie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's just like.
Speaker 1: If you cut me, you'll catch you right, yeah? Uh yeah, where do we want to go? As far as uh, let's start with our gang. I have nothing more to sayd the Predator tree other than Jessica say what I was gonna say that I fell, and you know, I will say I think they were smart because now I can't remember this, you guys probably I guarantee it happens, and a VP do two predators fight at any point and a VP either one? So yeah, next see them. But I think it pretor yeah, but sometimes there might be like, oh, you know the enemy, the enemy is my friend or something like that.
Speaker 3: They say that, but that's the aliens.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so I think that was smarter them for they got a planet full of predators, let's have them fight because that doesn't happen. It happens a little bit now. And the predator that we got, but that was a very small version of this is a big one funking up. At this point, we had not got two predators fighting and stuff. So I think that was smart to do. Only it's like the greatest fight scene because that's just the guy like rolling around, falling over trees and everything. But I think it's fun enough, you're like, Okay, cool, I'm seeing two predators fight right now, Taylor, I have to ask you, what is your theory for why that predators in that tree? I feel like you've thought about this for ages.
Speaker 3: You know it's like a humiliation thing.
Speaker 1: But why they humiliate.
Speaker 5: Him he's a freshman?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the rivalry that exists between the two clans. Basically, you have the the ones that are a little bit more My knowledge on this berserker preator is a little wacky, but they're just much more into doing their own thing and aggressive and not following the code and the ethics and the honor that the main yacha really stand for. So, yeah's that word yahucha, Yeah, I just learned about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Fishburne was talking about that there's just the two different species and that there's the bigger, stronger ones and then the other smaller ones.
Speaker 4: So and he talks more about it.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what he says exactly, but he says that basically they're in competition.
Speaker 3: Basically for the reasons why this preader's on total it could range show a whole bunch of different things. I take it as it's literally just humiliation. Just this hunter that's supposed to be a killing machine on top of the food chain is just left here just to hang there and can't do a single thing about it, and humiliation. Or he could have been exiled by his own clan and dispatched here. And this is again just like I don't know, Purgatory before Hell or something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He didn't get his hero moment because he still lost that fight too.
Speaker 3: He did, but after being hung there for so long, he put up a good fight.
Speaker 8: That's true.
Speaker 3: It's just the way it goes for predators. I'm I'm longing for the day that a predator actually survives at the end of the movie and doesn't get beheaded or killed or nuked or something like that.
Speaker 6: It's a hard life man, their killer or be killed, and I feel like they don't want to kick their shoes up and of like a leisurely death. I'm sure, I'm sure they want to die in the heat of battle.
Speaker 3: They have to. Yeah, that's how they get to Valhalla.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Taylor, you'll be happy to know that that one that does kill the predator in the tree, like the I don't know, mister Black that's his name, mister Black. Why is his name in the black?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just gave that right now, action figure out there. That was the version of my Halloween coustume I bought a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Was he dressed as a predator for Halloween.
Speaker 1: It did well. I actually bought it. Yeah, I bought it for a spoof film, and I think I've told the story before with the costume online looked fucking badass, and when I got in person it was not that at all. It looked like trash. Never got to use it, but man, it was fucking awful. But alas, let's talk about our gang of misfits here, k Leaway, who do you want to start talking about first here in this adventure? Because yeah, they all get put down there just to set it up. You've never seen it, but they all they're all fallen from the sky. They all meet each other, they all trust each other, and they all realize, oh, we're here for one reason. It's to be hunted, and that's why they have to work together because if they don't, they'll die and not survive this mission. So what do you think about our gay of characters, anyone in particular.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I can start with the head haunch of Adrian Brody himself. I remember, I mean, I've always liked Adrian Brody. I think the first thing I saw him in was King Kong. Oh yeah, and Shane and I just recently powered through Peggy Blinders and he actually appeared as a villain in that and he was really good.
Speaker 5: The cast is insane in that show.
Speaker 6: Everyone's Andy Taylor Joy popped off in season five and six. It was that show is Stellar and Killian Murphy. Oh my gosh, I am so excited for Roppenheimer. He was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Is it fully done now? Like last episode is aired?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think they they saw yeah a little more. Well that's what I've heard. They're only doing six seasons, but I heard they're also doing a movie and then possibly like a spinoff series off of that movie. And I think Killian Murphy and like the other main guy signed on, So it's like, why not just do more seasons?
Speaker 5: But alast, so, did I.
Speaker 4: Can beinge it now? Though? That's my main question?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd say so, it's it's yeah, I'd say, so, did you.
Speaker 1: Did you get the open higher trailer?
Speaker 3: When you did?
Speaker 1: Did you Yeah, that was a whole bunch of nothing. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 5: It was a lot of explosion.
Speaker 1: These motherfuckers released this movie in summer thinking it's gonna be hit. Oh my god, no one, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: It's gonna be hot. But Alas and predators. So yeah, Adrian Brody, he's fantastic. And I remember the first time I watched this movie, I was just like, man, what a great protagonist. He's like an airgorn to me, you know, like he's just a great leader. And then in this movie he's he's really just like kind of on his own, and like, I get it.
Speaker 5: He's just like he doesn't really care about these people.
Speaker 6: But like in my memory, I just I saw him as like leading the fellowship through these these predator filled jungles, you know, to like we're all gonna.
Speaker 5: Make it through this. That was not the case at all. So that was kind of an eye opening moment. Yeah, he kind of any moment. Yeah, I get it. He came back at the end for his hero redemption part, but I don't know it.
Speaker 6: He's I feel like I just I remembered him being a lot more human than than what he actually is in this because I feel like he's just kind of like that train killer that says like cool lines at certain moments. So personally, for me, I felt like his overall character was lesser than what I remembered. What about you guys, Adrian Brody, Royce, Jessica.
Speaker 2: So I have made it abundantly clear in at least our chats, I really love Adrian Brody. I was trying to hint it some kind of splice, you know, retro today, I don't think it's happening.
Speaker 4: That's what I was trying. I was trying to get there. I was trying to get there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that was kind of the vibe got that no one wanted to do it, so I was like, I won't go there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 2: So there was kind of two things I remembered going into this, and one was that he was super like mysterious and that to for grace had some kind of twist. I couldn't remember exactly any of those details, but that was kind of the two things I remembered. And you know, I guess it kind of works that he was my serious. He's very keeps to himself, doesn't want to give any information about himself. I don't know that I necessarily agree with the whole he's not human thing. I think he's just got a very high survival instinct for how to move forward in a way that's just kind of self centered. I wouldn't say inhuman, though, especially when you compare it to some of the other characters and comments that they make.
Speaker 5: That's fair, it's all relative, still character.
Speaker 1: I still put him in the inhuman category though, because even then you got the reversal. Walton Goggins, Yeah, he's a piece of shit, but then when Ali dies, he like is remorseful about that, where Royce is like, fuck, oh, I don't care. He was slowing us down, like he died for us. So I think they're all I think that's the point of the story, that he is on that other side, but that at the end he turns around. I do think he is that way for most this movie, because he didn't care about anybody until he cares about Isabel to an extent. But like again, he just it's just one person he cares about. Now, you know, it's a little late. All those people are dead now, so he's he's not really, He's just trained to worry about himself. Which I guess it depends what you value in life. If that's if you're value survival, then that's the most human thing you could do. But I think he's definitely in that category of being inhumane as far as not wanting to help anybody. He used the whole team as bait. He was ready for the whole team to die half an hour into this movie and he's like, I just want to see what they were.
Speaker 3: You attachment?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But at the same time, do you not have attachment just other people? If you were to see someone on the ground bleeding, would you just walk right by him?
Speaker 5: But you hear me, he just crouched over Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing we have.
Speaker 3: He's alone, pre existing.
Speaker 1: No, No, I didn't say that. I didn't say me on the street. I said a person on the street.
Speaker 8: I think that.
Speaker 3: I would, And I think that's that's wherever would take advantage of me. He'd be able to kill me.
Speaker 2: The thing with Boyce, though, is what if, Yeah, what if we're all together though, and someone's there crying and he goes, yeah, I wouldn't go to him because they injured him, and as soon as you go to help him, they're gonna kill you.
Speaker 4: I know that because I did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine. But then there's ones where, like I said, he used them all as a trap. You can't justify that he used all six people just to see what the predator would do.
Speaker 3: That's and that's cerctly because he makes that case as well to Isabella when he says, like, you know, you kill for a country, so you don't have to admit that you like it. Like he's inferring all these things about the movie that he kills because he enjoys it. He doesn't give a shit about human life.
Speaker 1: He's not a good guy.
Speaker 3: He is a predator basically, and he's not a good guy. So I think it fits with him just being a scumbag. Just he's gonna sacrifice if someone gets killed, he's gonna put their lives on the line to see what happens. And it's it's horrible to put their lives in the line. But it worked because he was able to figure out a whole crapload about right.
Speaker 2: Everyone else in that group is playing checkers and he's playing chess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that doesn't make him a good like that doesn't make him not inhumane like that he's using them all as pawns then, and that to me is just like that's to me the point of the story where that's why he comes back. He's supposed to be the shoot guy. He's like what Kirkland say when he remembers this in the Hero, he's the anti here And obviously you haven't watched Predator, but like he's the exact opposite of Arnold, who Arnold the whole time is trying to save his team, right, he is the leader. He saves a random he meets that one random prisoner girl, He's like, we're gonna make sure she gets out of here. Where this guy's like, fuck them all. I think that was smarter than do that. I hate when they rip off Arnold's line at the end of d It Kill Me Now. It was so lame. I wish, like, I hate if this was a remake, then fine, you can do that, but this isn't the same. This is a sequel to that, so I hate that, Like why he's saying the exact same thing Arnold said, like, it doesn't like Adrian Brodie. He doesn't even look like this these times too, but he didn't even look like he did work out first, they just look like they oil them up, because like he doesn't really much like he has some ads, but they're like skinny abs his arms. There's no definition to me, and they're like trying to make him look like this muscle guy runny. He's fat, remember, fast, running fast. But like at thed I hated when he did all of Arnold's lying because because it's just like, there's no reason for him to be doing all this. But that's to me, was the point as far as if you're comparing to the first one, Arnold's the exact opposite. He's trying to save people. He even trying to save people that turn like that portrayed him, and this guy is not and this guy will do anything, And like Taylor said, I think he likes that, enjoys it. I think that's why at the end of the movie, it finally weighs on of Okay, I can't I'm no better than these monsters if I don't go back and try and save these two people. Obviously, to for Grace is not worth saving when he gets there, but he didn't know that at the time.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I feel like Adrian's Bruti's character is more.
Speaker 4: Like what's the word. I'm looking for more relatable.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I so.
Speaker 1: Jessica lead the team and she can. Yeah, the sociopaths relatable, I don't know. I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe it's just because I am weak and not trained in shooting guns. But you know, if someone is about to be killed, I'm like, I can't help you. I'm not going to be any faster or stronger than you are better aiming.
Speaker 1: That's different because you're not Yeah, but you're not this Like, this guy is highly trained. Yeah, he's fast, he's highly trained, he's smart, he has the skills to help people potentially survive, and he doesn't, you know, till the very end he does. But there's a there's a or even though it's not even that, it's just that he shows no remorse for the people.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That's where it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I'd be sad that I had to walk away from the guy in the field that's dying. You know, I wouldn't go save him. So I'm no better in that sense, but I would be like, well, this kind of sucks.
Speaker 11: But you know, all of them, but all of them are they walk away and have Isabelle or shoot him, you know.
Speaker 1: Like at least she had the idea shoot the guy and put him out of his misery. So they're all cowardly.
Speaker 2: The only why did she shoot him in the back though, like at least shoot him in the head. I thought, yeah, yeah, I mean, like, come on, though, I feel I think one.
Speaker 1: I think I think a sniper rifle of the hot heart's gonna kill you, like I'm gonna. I don't want to search on Google because Canadian govern might it might be all over me. But I think a sniper rifle to the heart, I think it's gonna liquify your heart really fast.
Speaker 4: The obviously it didn't.
Speaker 1: The only yea, he was dead.
Speaker 3: So the only two people I would put like consciousness and he didn't know he was.
Speaker 4: Dead there, Jessica, I said, I know, he.
Speaker 1: Said, no, you're trying to fight. It's like, no, he's dead there.
Speaker 3: The only two people with a consciousness that I would attribute to in this film would be Nikolai and then Isabella, because again they are the two soldiers for their country, right.
Speaker 1: And they make it seem like tofa Grace has that, but he really doesn't. You know, they can't I love that twist with that character that seems like the nice guy, and when you watch the first time, I feel like he's the doctor and doctor Dodgeball because Okay, all these people are not criminals, but they've done some short things, but at least are just assassin's killers, criminals all those things, and then he has nothing right, he has kids, he's a surgeon, so you just I always when I watched the first time, I took guys, okay, it's he's the doctor. He's there like, Okay, this guy's gonna help you out if you're hurt it all. But really he's there because again, do I think the Predator is watching like a Dexter Morgan and he's gonna like cannap him. No, I think that like some of these are stretches of like what they've been falling him for weeks and find has like secret killings like no, like you're telling the Predator has.
Speaker 5: Taken out a couple couple of predators himself, no predator and a.
Speaker 3: Ship that just watches like stand by because it's.
Speaker 1: The tree guy. That's not his job.
Speaker 6: The guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they just they pluck him out and just drop on the planet for the main hunters to go in.
Speaker 1: I just told a few him as like an elite killer.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That's the thing where it's just like, I don't think it would be the worst preader time, because Eve, when COVID grads like I'm one of you, there's multiply these killers that go to toe hurt the predators take him out tofa Christ doesn't do that at all. We didn't evenet to see him use his smarts on a predator. Sure he takes out Isabelle for a second, but like he's he's useless fighting a predator. So that's where it's like, Okay, this guy and even all thing Goggins to me is a stretch, is like an elite hunter the predator would want to go against as what we've seen in the other movies. Yeah, I just I don't see it as far as yeah, these guys are the ones you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I do want to say though, because even Fishburne says he's been there for you know, the seven seasons.
Speaker 4: In each season say they drop seven people.
Speaker 2: You know, at some point they got to start spreading out who they're picking and who they're dropping. They can't just do merks every single time.
Speaker 4: It's boring.
Speaker 2: It doesn't give them any change of skill or any type of thrill.
Speaker 4: At some degree, it's just.
Speaker 3: What they've done for goodness, because like he yeah, he brought in like America's most wanted guy, our fbis most wanted and then what is what happens? Like he shoots them in the back with his plasma caster, thinking he got him, and then all of a sudden, like surprise, he's at He's at a vesta in there. So it's the changing of the tactics. Okay, Like, I gotta take that into account next time, because this guy did this thing which I didn't suspect that could have been an option. Yeah, fine, ripped out because he was fucking pissed at him.
Speaker 1: But I'm fine with it for the fun of the movie. It's just because every other predator, like most of our army guys, soldier guys, you know, the most you could kind of skirt to is like Danny or yeah, Danny Glover of the cop But still it's like he is in a he's in a fucking war zone and predator too. That's no regular Los Angeles, that's Los Angeles under war. So that's what it's like every other time they're picking those type.
Speaker 3: Of one was a doctor in Los Angeles?
Speaker 1: That was he actually no, Oh, that explains it if he wasn't at Los Angeles, which is weird because like I never knew this because I was looking up stuff her. I'm sure you knew that. This actually still takes place after the Predator and the Cannon, which is really weird. It's like the Predator happens and then the Predators happens. Technically this is like the last in the canon right now.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. I didn't actually like look that far and everything after like Predator, I just anthology. I haven't really placed it all the time, especially because this hasn't had any like succession to it. Really, it's just kind of stood in its own point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess why would you put this one as anthology, because, like they, it could easily be a sequel. It doesn't hurt the first one. They just allude to the first move like, hey, this guy survived and he talked about this alien.
Speaker 3: He doesn't anthology just because like they all all these films, they always just seem to reference the first movie. They don't seem to the best one. If it was like a direct in line sequel, but like, okay, we got Arnold back. You know, we got the whole, the whole, not the whole career.
Speaker 1: That's supposedly who they wanted for Fishburne's character.
Speaker 3: But because he was like that and Danny Glover was the other I believe.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, those were the two. I don't know why Danny Glover didn't do it, but like Arnold, Arnold he was in office and that that sucks because I think that would have been a prom Now, I wouldn't have wanted the route we went with Fishburne's characters, like he's kind of a coward, like oh six months six mouths, Like I wouldn't want that. But like if you were to put Arnold back in here and be like, yeah, this is the guy that survived these seasons, that to me would make sense.
Speaker 5: The predator in the tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I actually don't think they would have made him the way Fisherman was. They got Arnold back, and unfortunately he was in office, and I hope, I hope, I hope that preyed as well and we get more predator and Arnold's the last He's the last piece we got to get him back one more time before he passes away. You know, they brought him back for five fucking times and Terminator. It's time to get Predator now, you know, So no kidding, fucking ay man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to just say that because I've never seen the first one. It actually didn't click to me until right now that that line about someone in the jungle surviving being the only survivor, I didn't even click that that was actually about.
Speaker 4: The first movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Just like, oh, that's kind of a weird thing to mention without any other talk about.
Speaker 4: Moops.
Speaker 8: It almost like.
Speaker 3: There's a movie before this, two movies.
Speaker 1: It's good, Yeah, but they don't even talk about the second one. They're like, oh, there's this guy who got in our ye he kind of hijacked it.
Speaker 3: This is regular yeah, mutilations.
Speaker 2: Technically there's four movies before this one coming out here Taylor, because Travis said this is the last one, and then a VP.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, a VP, so it'd be uh, six movies. This would be the seventh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're still waiting for We're still waiting for the eighth, right, Taylor, still still wing for the three? No I I you know, what now with crossovers so big and everything like that, I could see him one day taking another shot at it a little ways off, but I still think they could because people want to see that. So what about you too, Who do you want to talk about in the group we talked about, I guess you didn't you talk a little about roy So if there's anything more you want to add, but if not, you can move us along to someone else.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's just as the moment he got into the the game Preserve, it was just yeah, I was just jazzing with him. It was like, this guy's just balls to the wall, like mean, lean killing machine and was totally eating it up.
Speaker 1: And uh, that's what he's saying them, I'm a leaving kill machine and fuck y'all.
Speaker 3: I just like that he stood on his own and he was just trying to get a better layer of the land. And all these other characters that just some of them become too trusting, But with Royce, it was just you know, let's keep moving, let's head her header and his bell's like you want to see something fucked up, and and then he's like dish out facts like the suns haven't moved an inch really since we got here and the compass thing was beenning all fucked up too, So yeah, I like his character a lot.
Speaker 1: Where do you rank him as far as like the leads who like as far as you got Dan Glover, you got you got boyd Holbrook from The Predator, you got Arnold, you got Royce? You know, not a VP, because here.
Speaker 3: Arnold is definitely my number one. Yeah, and I would probably put Royce. Ah, I could see him sneaking in number two, and then Danny Glover and then yeah, obviously a Chap from the Predator is dead last.
Speaker 1: I don't see where Amber mind Hunter comes in for prey because I think she's gonna be high.
Speaker 3: So oh, I'm counting on it. I'm just getting super jazz like. Yeah, anyways, say that for the of you, who.
Speaker 1: Do you want to talk about? Next to Taylor?
Speaker 5: He looks he's pretty big. Look at that, he looks pretty big.
Speaker 3: He's got some going on.
Speaker 1: No, he's very okay, just get the arms. He skipped arm day, the biggest one every day. Man, He's just well no, that's why I said he has like a runner's body. He's fast, right, he's fast. No, I'm not saying he's not in good shape. I'm just saying that, like we're just talking about him compared to Arnold and stuff like that. I just feel like they just had to oil him up, like anytime he's walking around there, like oiling his arms to make him look very like he could just like a couple more days, like a couple more arm days, look a bit more posted. But he's got more meals.
Speaker 5: Probably skipped a couple of meals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do want to say I applaud his effort to put the mud on, but it really did funk all when you think about it. He barely put in a mud on him. But I think he just did it because Isabelle said us mud he was, you're.
Speaker 5: Supposed to put all over your body, just like.
Speaker 1: The predators ship. Oh and then like I'm joking, it could have been mud, you fool, but no, like I don't understand. I don't understand, like the first one. Arnold figures that out right that you put mud on him. And I'm not sure if this because the berserk wing, but you put mud, you can't be tracked. He put mud on something, go mate, and you he sees the entire outline it's like you did this wrong, sir, Like something's going on here and that's I know, yeah, yeah, because that doesn't make sense. Arnold was fucking dripping in mud in the first one, and he just looks like he rolled around a little bit like a kid. But do you think, Tay, that's me just because the berserk one, Like when he hit the fire, that did more than the mud. Because the mud, Arnold, you can't see all this. You could, you could easily shoot him over for.
Speaker 3: Him, I think it was just him pulling every ace he had up his sleeve, a horrible attempt at just getting in the mud. And then yeah, the fire was the main kicker for him. Just a high the heat signature.
Speaker 5: So that works that flash bang for the predator.
Speaker 1: I just love when he just kept running by the predator and you just see like Roy's like scurry right, like a little mouse. He's fast fast.
Speaker 2: Well you have to think though, that if this one is supposed to be so far and they've done all these thinks of practice and learn and change, I mean, obviously, when your entire clan is killed out by a guy covered in mud, you figure out how to not have your sensors not pick up a guy covered in mud.
Speaker 3: Say that again.
Speaker 1: Say that riddle again.
Speaker 2: So the first one, the predators were all killed by a guy covered in mud.
Speaker 1: Just just one. Like in the very it's just one predator, just oneator, Arnold killed their ship hands mud. So, Jessica, in the first one, there's only one predator that goes on Earth anytime, so it's just the one that he outsmarts.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So in this one they talk about how every season they take things and learn and train. So you would think, obviously, when the one predator is killed by a guy covered in mud, they learn and change their sensors to be able to pick up guys covered in mud. I thought, was my logic about why this didn't work?
Speaker 1: Was it the mask on or was it just his face? I thought it was the predator's open face when he was looking at.
Speaker 3: The mask is still on at this point, because the conclusive way he finds him is because he flips the sensors to detect heart beats. It detects where his heart beats coming from. But answer your question, Jessica, they do adapt actually, because in Predator Too, you learn that they have a way of seeing. They didn't use mud, but they use these suits that block the heat coming off of their bodies, and they had lights that were using ultraviolet lights. They weren't putting out heat as well, so no heat was put out. But the predator caught onto something going on and changed through like a whole cycle of different visions and was able to see ultraviot a light coming from the lights, and was able to see where they were. So they do have that.
Speaker 1: What I hit about Royce is that he not hate but's just so funny. And he tries to slow down his heartbeat and it does nothing. The predator still just shoots away. He's like fuck, Like he just let's take another ad break and then Tyror has to tell us who we're going next. Will be right back and we're back to here. Who's next?
Speaker 3: I want to talk about Marshaw Lee here, the guy that got picked for Blade. This is the role that I think we need to get him in here.
Speaker 1: That is not how that happened. Remember he went in and said I want to be Blade, and Kim Fight was like, yes, you're gonna be Blade. So he was not picked. He chose to play Blade that two time Academy Award winner Moonlight, not.
Speaker 5: Because for Predators.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was picked for Predators.
Speaker 3: Uh, But yeah, I start with his character because right when we meet him, he's just fighting, like Walter, just just beating the ship of each other and Walter Walton, Walton, Walton Walton. Yeah, he's just kicking the ship out of each other. And I am disappointed that he does get knocked out pretty quick early on, knocked out as quick as Danny Treo. But he he's just I believe he's in the camp and he's standing there and they're like fighting everything, and then all of a sudden, the spears just come up, and yeah, it just gets booby trapped. So I think, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Liked his character. It was unfortunate the way it ended.
Speaker 6: This was definitely a first of all, I did not realize it was Marsha Ali, and then I didn't really I could not remember his character and like what relevance he had and what happened to him, and it probably should have been a bad warning that his fate was not gonna end well.
Speaker 5: And yeah, a bit of a.
Speaker 6: Bitch death, you know, Like I know it's not his choice to die by a trap, but I would have preferred him to get his just full spine ripped out by the predator.
Speaker 5: That's a little bit more of an honorable death.
Speaker 6: I would say, yeah, I think you always go yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: It'd probably be pretty damn not shot after.
Speaker 3: The heart spine ripped out.
Speaker 6: By like a predator, though, because like he would do in the one motion where it's like a human doing it, it'd probably be messy.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't die.
Speaker 1: Right away a couple of tries. He's just like, I can't rip it out predator.
Speaker 6: Those seven feet tall, you know, like five hundred pounds, they could probably.
Speaker 1: No, there's always one character that has to die this way in these group situations, right, it's like the guy and saw too that tries the key in the door and just gets shot right away. Like, oh luckily that guy sucks. But this is hershaw Lee. So yeah, I had forgot because I forgot he was in there. It's like I said, this was before he was Marshall l. E one of the greatest actors of all time. So it's just like Materia said that, like oh shit, or I can't remember who put in the chain at first with oh Jesus, I didn't even know that and I knew he was gonna go pretty soon, just because again I had no memory of him. I remember Walton Goggins because I love him from Justified, but uh yeah, yeah, him and Walton Goggins, I think they had a good back and forth and I would have liked to see play out a bit more. I thought, what they're trying and I feel like that that they're kind of insinuating that, you know, Walton Goggins was a little, if not just blatantly racist, and I thought they were maybe gonna try and put their differences aside the in life and death situations, and they kind of did, because Walton Goggins was like, oh well that was yesterday, but they just like they killed that storyline really quickly. So I thought he was good for what he was in. He was one of the first ones to kind of start noticing some things and whatnot. But uh yeah, definitely obviously didn't use him to what the potential he could be down the line, you know.
Speaker 6: So yeah, absolutely, I liked everything like around his character. With the Walton Goggins dynamic, I agree that it it's like they showed us another layer beneath that onion, but they just didn't peel it back. You know, maybe that's the best way to describe it, because.
Speaker 1: And I guarantee there's there's some maybe note or they might have said like, hey, I don't know if that's the place. I don't know if we want you to tackle that. In a predator movie, people are just here for action and stuff like that, So it felt like they wanted to give like a little bit of that, but like, yeah, we don't go too far. We don't want to make this too like politically motivated. But I think they would at least had some sort of it. I guess it's it's kind of funny because it's similar to what Walton Goggins is in Hateful eight, right, Like that's like the same way with him and Samuel Jackson's I guess maybe I'm just pitching that because I've seen it done well in a movie that happens about I don't know what's nine years later and stuff like that, but alast didn't happen he.
Speaker 3: Uh guess not to speak too with Walton where he's like, give me a gun, come on, man, you got two fucking guns, and he just throws the little shive up on Ali's like neck or whatever, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is that Machetti that has the two guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was so funny because he throws a knife on Ali's neck, but then Ali just like slowly moves the gun up to his like, why didn't you know? Like this what I mean, this guy's not Eleak Killer. He didn't even know. I didn't know Oli was moving a fucking gun to his head and he's like, oh whatever, dude. Walden Gongs did not deserve to be here. A great actor, but the character got taken out pretty easily too, Like I just he was just a guy they wanted in a prison jump suit. Yeah, and that's the and yeah, all my sister, all his stuff. Does it just for me? Is obviously all cringe stuff and stuff that definitely, I guess in twenty ten, But there's that. There was the rape and time jokes and stuff like all these things where it's just like it's just for shock value. And it sucks because I like Walton Goggin, so like he's delivering these lines as well as he can, but they don't. They just don't age well and you're just like, oh my god, Like it was such a different air already at that point, and again you could have some character talking about these things, but they used them in like a comedic like that's what I think, and Grace is like, yeah, totally, it's that time, and then he moves away. So it's it's a it's a strange choice, but.
Speaker 6: You feel like his character was really meant to signify that, like all these people that were sent here like aren't actually good people.
Speaker 5: Like they're actually just piece of shit.
Speaker 6: Because like if you don't have him, like without the Tilford Grace like plot twist, I feel like you could really just say that these guys are just like they're just good army dudes, Like they weren't sent here on any punishment or anything like that. Is that even mentioned in the movie that they were actually sent here on a punishment or.
Speaker 1: It's just no, I think they're well and I could say because the other like the Yukuz guy's probably not a good guy either, right, he's part of he he used to he doesn't anymore, didn't say a word until the very end of this movie. Well not and he didn't make it at the end, but you know, just anything on the honorable death, anything to say on those two characters.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I have no idea who Alie is. You guys talk about what did.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know that much.
Speaker 2: Now what I mean Travis is calling one of the greatest actors of all time, and I'm looking no idea.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen he.
Speaker 1: Was, and he's one more oscar away from tying the record. That man could probably break the record too well.
Speaker 4: Apparently he was Uncle Aaron from Spider Verse, So look at that.
Speaker 2: I know one.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: Oh he was in Madden and at f L eighteen long shout, good good.
Speaker 1: That really jumped start his career. He's the next Blade. If you haven't heard that, he's the next Blade.
Speaker 2: I did see that on TB, so I got that at least, And that's what happened.
Speaker 1: He went into He told Disney and Figgymorrow that he wanted a meeting. They sat down, he told he want to play and this guy no, and then five He's like, yeah, You're gonna play Blade. So that's the power Alley has. He's too good.
Speaker 5: If I can do that, I've never tried, So maybe.
Speaker 1: Who would you go for? Though you got know convincing you can't do Peter Parker.
Speaker 5: I know I'll do some thinking like I got.
Speaker 1: Wolverine in the bag. I'm sure, I'm Canadian. I get you absolutely, I'll show him the pictures. You're like, look, I've been looking for you my whole life.
Speaker 5: Sorry, please don't send us yours.
Speaker 4: Taylor said it in those photos of him with a predator mask.
Speaker 1: Viggy, I give you the next predator. Let me know, put me in prey too. You're like, you got a bulk up man.
Speaker 2: Uh So, I do think though with his death, so the whole point of what Adrian did his character Royce uh to lure them out and the fact that he like dies in this trap and then no one really does anything. You would think they would, least, you know, because he was just standing there and all of a sudden the spears just like go out right like there was movement, So you would think you would fire towards him, like sorry to kill him, but fire your guns at him, because in theory, something had to activate those traps or be around him for those.
Speaker 3: Probably just from the guy in the tree.
Speaker 4: That must be all back to that best predator in the tree.
Speaker 6: I like to just think he like stepped on like a like a platform, you know, like a very like cheesy like dungeon platform where it's like a, yeah, he just stepped on twig and yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: It's probably without the predator on the Totem was yelling out because when they nudged me started freaking out.
Speaker 1: He's like, don't step back there, You're gonna win, academy ward, don't step on there.
Speaker 5: He's actually just like a really nice That's why he was the pacifist.
Speaker 3: He's baiting you.
Speaker 1: You're a trap.
Speaker 5: It's just their language. It seems so aggressive.
Speaker 2: That's why he hung up because he's a little wants to save people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he tied himself to the tree because they're gonna.
Speaker 1: I will fight no more, no more danger for me.
Speaker 5: Don't let me down. Don't let down.
Speaker 2: But okay, well, well we'll pretend he stepped on a little platform and that nullifies that. But I did like the kind of one real line that he has where you know, oh, they took one, injured him, make him bleed, make him call out for help, and then kill all those who come to help him.
Speaker 4: I know, because I've done that.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: It really kind of gives that background to what a piece of crap character he is too.
Speaker 4: So other than that, don't really remember many lines from him.
Speaker 3: You have the biggest trophies, you command the most respect.
Speaker 2: It's nice and and he was the one that said stay away from that guy about good period.
Speaker 4: So and then yeah, just to talk about stands.
Speaker 2: I as cringey as they were, I still laughed at his whole calm.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like a shock factor thing, right, You're just not expecting him to say that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna rape so many fine pitches? Oh what time is it?
Speaker 2: Five o'clock? Like I was just like, holy crap, how did we get away.
Speaker 4: With this in twenty ten?
Speaker 2: Like I guess this movie is rated R, but it was definitely not expected. I don't know what he's from as well. He's another person that meant nothing to me. So Jangle and change never finished it.
Speaker 3: You never Oh no, god, let's let's move forward.
Speaker 1: Let's move forward.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say one last thing on ma Hershali's character. I liked how Heye had a similar moment too. Oh my gosh, forgot his name. Now for the first Preyder when he's just kind of like seen something in the trees and then he's just like locking eyes, I feel like I just I love those moments in Preder movies when someone like kind of thinks that they that they see something in the trees but nothing happens.
Speaker 3: But you're afraid of both bullshit, you're afraid of know.
Speaker 6: No, man, oh that age just like fine wine.
Speaker 1: Uh uh yeah. I feel like it has tub with the acuzic. I feel like that's right up your alley, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, before we change, I know where I know this guy from. I've seen one thing. He was the transgender prostitute in Sons of Anarchy.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as soon as like they're snooping through all the preader stuff or all the like the salvage stuff, I guess I should say, and he finds that samurai sword. Oh Jesus, it's just it's fantastic. And when he's in that moment and like they play that Predator score again, but this time they add like a a twist to it. It's it's just I don't even know the name of the instrument. It was like I had like a flute component to it or something like that, and it was just like, Oh, what's the funny some.
Speaker 1: Guy, But it was just so good.
Speaker 3: And then he just yeah, he turns like, oh you guys, get out here. Any turns around, he just got the sword. You stand there, And then I believe this was the Falconer Predator that came out to play here. And yeah, just that that whole scene was just super cool because the preador obviously was like big respects like, oh fuck, Bud, it's gonna whip the sword out, I'll honor that, and just went to tango and with each other and it was just such a cool scene. I love the choreography of that and everything, and yeah, god damn, it's just super cool just to embrace this, like I'm sure another Predator is gonna like soup on down and be like, oh man, we got this fucking dead human here and we got our dead bro over here. Man, some fucking wild shit occurred here. What did you guys think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, this Taylor, this was specifically like a boss in that app in that Predator app.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember it.
Speaker 6: I remember I remember because he kicked my ass so many times in the tall grass and everything. But yeah, like just like the scenery and everything, it's it's fantastic. It's I feel like now on the on the second rewatch, I it's just kind of like random of it.
Speaker 5: You just have this Zikuza guy.
Speaker 6: He finds this like ancient samurai sword and then he just has like a samurai duel in like the tall grass.
Speaker 5: It's just like, Okay, are we really doing this right now? It's like why not.
Speaker 6: We're in a predator hunting ground. Like this is no pun intended there, but like this is just yeah, like like a fun a fun scene to have. I liked the epic moment when he when he slashed it. I feel like, again, those moments could be seen cheesy and I'm I I like understand they could be seen cheesy, but I still really appreciated it. So yeah, mask, it's like a it's like a paintball mask.
Speaker 3: To get that, I'd rock that in paint I'll be heavy as fuck, but yeah, I love Yeah.
Speaker 6: Doesn't he has a like a shoulder cannon though that would have been pretty No, he's comatic if he's shoulder cannon the Yukuza Jones style.
Speaker 3: He's got the drone that he had on his shoulder, right, so that's the thing that flies like scopes out the area and everything.
Speaker 1: But get a shoulder cannon for paintball in.
Speaker 3: Canada at least like the oh he takes his shoes off too earlier on, Like that's a bold play. I keep the shoes on if you could.
Speaker 5: But yeah, steps on a twig, steps.
Speaker 1: On predator ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, what'd you.
Speaker 6: Guys with Tilford Grace's poisonous fucking plants? There's lots of those.
Speaker 1: I liked him for the fight scene. That's about it. His character doesn't do much else. He was just a quiet one and just I don't know. I think he could have died a little bit worn too, but that's not exactly what I need this movie to do. I think it's scratches most itches I have, Like I'm looking for a good action time on the venture friends and stuff. I feel like you almost could have led with this or had him do this earlier and get killed. But I still liked the scene nonetheless, and it was a it was a cool showdown, and I'm glad he uh he got the killed. He had to sacrifice him subject at the kill, but he's still got it. So honorable death, yep, honorable death. Hello, waits anything else on this guy or anyone you like?
Speaker 3: Samuraise?
Speaker 2: I Yeah, I mean it's kind of hard to have much feeling to the character when, like he said, he doesn't say much. I don't think that you can really kill him off earlier though, with him being a kill for the predator. We're sorry, like how he killed a predator. If you kill him off earlier, then you'd lose that. I guess if you change it and have put for Grace in that position instead, Danny Trio or something like that, right, have him die and said whatever it is. I think either way, you're gonna have someone somewhere being a character that doesn't have emotion. You can't have everyone talking.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 2: I didn't necessarily think the fight was all that cool in the sense that I don't know if a guy comes at me with a sword and I've got a gun, that's not the point.
Speaker 1: Though he wants to go mono amano. They're all about pride and win the fight, right, So that's why he wants to test himself. And he lost that test.
Speaker 4: They both lost that test.
Speaker 3: That's a tie and true I would get I mean, he did die, but he definitely stood like he held his ground, stood there and let the prader's body collapse first. So if he wins, that.
Speaker 1: For sure No, I don't know. I think you. I think you either both got the loss or you both got the win. You know, because if your goal was to kill the other guy, technically you both won, you know. So if your goal was to survive, they both lost.
Speaker 3: He probably stepped one of those poisonous.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the tech paralyzed you in the second he was in the tall grass, just like wait to get his ankle.
Speaker 1: Kept your shoes on, bitch. And who else have you to about Isabelle? I like Isabelle. She's the perfect just like good compass, sneering everybody. She's the hero of the story. It's not really Roy. It's like, obviously he's all over the posters everything like that too. But and I guess he's kind of a protagonist, but to me, not really. She's the more interesting one. And she's the one that, at least for myself, I relate more to because she's saving the innocent people or you know, trying to save people and trying to do what's right and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: And you're definitely not as accurate as her. I've seen your your kick camps.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's fine. I'm not saying that, but I'm saying, yeah, yeah, in a real life situation, you know, I probably still have to sacrifice you guys, you know, and stuff like that. Now I'm joking, but no, I mean in the sense of, you know, that's a good thing in call Duty you can come right back. And Predator not so much. But yeah, I like the character. You know, she turns Royce over. She has some you know, good dialogue scenes like nothing out of this world crazy. It's not a super well written movie as far as like line dialogue, what you're gonna remember in a week from now, But I liked her enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 6: She was great for what they need are or needed the character to be in this movie, because yeah, as you mentioned, she's she's guiding the company along like a good moral compass, like she seemed to be making the right decisions or questioning the weird decisions that Royce would make when you know he's being a little little sus leader. And yeah, goddamn, she was a sniper. She she's like bulls eye, man. She she was hitting every shot. I trust in her to watch my back, and I feel.
Speaker 4: Like, what's that she hit a tree one time?
Speaker 6: That is true, but nobody's perfect, so I'll give her a pass. And honestly, if she saves me like three times and then I die on the fourth, i feel like, you know, I'm living on borrow time at that point. Anyway, it's like she's saved me three times. So but yeah, like I feel like also when she was filling in like random stories of like oh, like we have this guy that or heard about this guy who's Ernie, like he's the one that survived. Like she she fit that role good to just have those stories.
Speaker 3: So that was good. She's already blow her brains out too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was okay. You know, a bit of a coward's death.
Speaker 1: You're you're there.
Speaker 6: And she's about to activated that quick time event when that dog was on him. He was stabbing the ship of the dog. Just off herself.
Speaker 1: No, I disagree. If you're coming to me and you're okay, no matter what, you're gonna lose in this situation, and it's gonna you don't know that what you don't know that, but there's a small chance. But to me, I I was completely in her camp as far as get mulled to death by this dog, maybe taking somewhere and worse unto you or just kill yourself and feel probably relatively no pain. She made a choice.
Speaker 6: Do you do you go to shoot yourself? Like if you're seeing it, it's like one hundred meets.
Speaker 5: I think she was at the right.
Speaker 1: No, she was at the right. That thing was so close to her where it looked like there was gonna be like that thing was gonna pounce on her. So no, I think she made I had that even my notes to shut that out, that she made the right call.
Speaker 3: But Walton, though, I mean, yeah, shouts to him. He was like close and personal and he was just shanking the ship.
Speaker 5: Who sings to live for Walton?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I didn't see him alive.
Speaker 3: At the end of the movie and the dog battle between the two dogs.
Speaker 1: Her, that's all because trust.
Speaker 3: That's because the predators pulled theirselves up. We're not. If we're not, we're going like the full, full, extended scene of the movie here, we're talking just that scene of the dog's attack. That's it. Then we know Walton survives, and then she would have died because she was ready to blow her brains.
Speaker 1: Out, or at the same time, those dogs would have just kept coming and he would have died eventually.
Speaker 3: He could have kept just stabbing. He wouldn't run out bullets, just kept shanking them.
Speaker 1: I think if she ran up on him, he's done. But yeah, I guess he does it inanmo.
Speaker 2: But you know, well she says the same thing at the end too, when her and tofur and the pit and she's like, don't worry.
Speaker 4: If it comes to it all.
Speaker 1: Everyone, I can kill you, kill you goods.
Speaker 2: So that was actually what I thought you were talking about when you were saying her being a coward. And in my mind, I agree that why would I let them have the like, the honor of killing me. Why not just take that away from them. They brought me here to have the fun of hunting me. Take that away. It's the least I can do.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I agree. I wanted to talk about the Russian next because I can't remember why I put this note. I just put when the Russian Diyes fire explosion. Some guests have put that in there because maybe with some bad CG or something. I know, he like, maybe he says it's cheesy line or something. But you know, here's another kind hearted, soul character that I didn't mind. Poor guy sacrificed himself for Tofa Grace, who was a piece of shit and everything like that. So that sucks. But you know, he had the classic just big old gatling mini gun and stuff like that, and we didn't learn much of them. He was a softie and he seemed like he was one of the nicer soldiers. But unfortunate. Yeah, he sacrificed the guys.
Speaker 5: The wrong So he's probably done some shade shit.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say too, like mini guns are not effective against priners.
Speaker 5: Like every time we see these, we see this weapon used in these movies. It does not take out anyone. That is so many bullets that dog.
Speaker 3: I was in front of him when he used the minigun, but he his accuracy was fucking atrocious. Yeah, and he expended so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was like a percent accuracy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: That's luckily like nine in our bullets because we.
Speaker 1: Had the first movie. We thought the first movie was bad when they just unloaded that clip and then.
Speaker 5: That's like multiple guns.
Speaker 6: So everybody is just flying, flying, firing into that forest on that scene.
Speaker 1: It is, but I just like this one's even worse because they just it feels like one goes away, one's dead, and they just keep shooting, and then later on I just love when he's like, we got load up and conserve Ammal. It's like, what happened back there, Royce? What were you doing? You know? Anything else?
Speaker 5: In the Russian I don't have much else to add.
Speaker 6: I I liked him throughout the throughout the movie, it was I feel like, I don't know, like on the surface, you see this big Russian dude with a big gun, you just expected to be this like hard ass brute. But yeah, he was kind of a softie and he was nice to Edwin. Unfortunately, I mean he didn't live long enough to see Edwin be a piece of shit. But yeah, he he died an honorable man.
Speaker 5: He saves, He saved a.
Speaker 3: Dover race, took his fucking kid's photo too, like Nicola, I didn't even ask for it back Psycho.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's what he thought about.
Speaker 3: You know, he used that photo for to bullsh his way out. But that's the one thing with Nikolay.
Speaker 1: That like them kids, you're just staying here, buddy.
Speaker 3: When Nikola took that C four and put on his chest and like the Prider was like lifting him up. Yeah, I was just he chanted some line in Russian, which I don't understand. But then just fucking boom, you got the line just.
Speaker 1: Because gottaidled it.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 2: I can't say the Russian line, but it roughly translates to what a mug you have as an attempt at your one ugly mother?
Speaker 5: No, aug, it's better though, because it's in Russia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in Russian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a fun thing. Yeah it doesn't. I don't hear it and be like, oh wow, you can only.
Speaker 1: Three that's three movies, Arnold.
Speaker 3: That if you're Russian though, and you could translate.
Speaker 1: I can be upset now now every time I watched it, I know he's just saying you're one ugly motherfucker, like Arnold again, and just you know what makes it even worse is Danny Glover said and Predator too as well. And now, yeah, I didn't get I've thought about rewatching right now, because we're doing these rewatches. I might put on for sleep, but at least Predator two had your one ugly and that term of the preda one motherfucker.
Speaker 6: The Predator's gonna say it in Russia now, yeah, but yeah, no, that's lame.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough then, but yeah, who else we got Danny Treo. I got nothing to add. I got nothing to add. He's there because Robert Ririgo's boy. He Robertriguez uses him in anything, and here he is. I actually would prefer him be in the movie more. But that's all I have to say on him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I like the scene where he's uses a trap. That's fun. And I like the reveal. You think he's alive, but if you've watched Predator films before, you know he's not alive. You know it's just a trap. But I do like she shoots him and he's still like, he help me. I would love the multiverse where he's actually still alive and he's actually like, help.
Speaker 5: Me shoot him again.
Speaker 1: I'm still alive.
Speaker 3: Hit my heart.
Speaker 1: They just keep missing I got, and he's just a whole clipping. I'm just bleeding out. I thought you guys were elite hunters.
Speaker 5: She's like right through his arm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, sad way to go, man, that would be terrible.
Speaker 5: Are we ready talking about Nolan?
Speaker 1: Is that too for Grace?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Lawrence seven seas Oh right, okay, said yeah, yeah open.
Speaker 6: I honestly, this was something that I completely forgot about like, honestly, I completely forgot about this character. I completely forgot about like the switch. So when like the cosplay Predator like shows up and then I'm like, what the Like, this is like Jurassic Park three, like.
Speaker 5: This is some kids, this is some kid?
Speaker 8: What do you go? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's himn the thing?
Speaker 6: Well, I was meaning to ask too, because, uh, Travis, you said that.
Speaker 5: You ordered was it this?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 5: What do I have on screen?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: You were talking about Laurence Fishburn's Bad Predator caused by weren't you?
Speaker 5: Well, now I'm talking about the one on screen?
Speaker 1: Okay, well there it is. It's the one that you ordered, Yeah it is.
Speaker 6: They did the one like Laurence Fishburns. Is that the one that you got?
Speaker 8: Though? Yes?
Speaker 1: Pretty much?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sounds probably this. It's pretty cool, great, it's yeah, that's a great paintball outfit too. But if you're expecting this and then you get this, I don't know what. Nonetheless, when he showed up and then it was kind of exciting because again, like I thought, I knew this movie, but I really forgot about this storyline.
Speaker 5: And then.
Speaker 6: When he has this twist though, I I literally laughed out loud because like he is just such a kooky character already.
Speaker 5: And then he's just like panning the flames.
Speaker 6: And he's talking to his little imaginary friend there and forget what he says specifically, because I watched this like on the weekend, but man, he got me. He got me, like I couldn't take him seriously, it was so ridiculous. And he's like scurrying away like he's I don't know, a rat in his little rat hole. And then sure enough the predator just finds him in the hallway.
Speaker 3: But he's like he's whispering like this is your idea, Like six more mousive feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I said that earlier. Six more mouse fills six more and he's just like he's just cranking the gas up and he gets the fire and stuff. Yeah, yeah, he just has this little Yeah. Honestly, I liked it a lot. It's fun. Lawrence Fishburne. I think it's a fun twist as far as Okay, you meet this guy, he's like the guy that survived these seasons. He's the trusted guy. He brings you and he's give me all this information. He seems a little off, but he's still like friendly off, so it's like, Okay, we get drusted and the turn happens. So it's not a big chunk of the film. It's actually a detour that I quite like, and I think it's a fun one, and I do like that he's just like he says something to the Predator, just like I've been waiting for you. You finally Oh. I think he says, he finally found me, big dog, and then he just blows up, like instant blows him up and everything like that. So yeah, I liked the whole segment.
Speaker 6: I will say too, like I did like when he was initially like there and then he's just talking really quietly, and then he's kind of just like if I can hear you, like they can hear you, and then like that whole secret now, and then I like when he brings them.
Speaker 5: To the base.
Speaker 6: I always like when, like I think that's why I like Dassic Park three actually is because there's this like chaos going on and there's these little like hideouts like hitting away that that's always fun for me.
Speaker 5: So I feel like I like that.
Speaker 6: But then when he just yeah, he did that twist.
Speaker 3: God, people are particular about people touching your ship. Yeah, but what do you do, Like, you're just this guy. He's badass. He's in preader attack, he rescues you, and then he's like, yeah, he's got.
Speaker 5: Like porn omegs like all over his.
Speaker 8: People.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got oh my gosh, he's got female predators on his walls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at this one's on.
Speaker 5: That topic, was being to ask you this is cannon.
Speaker 3: Probably specific game, but who decided that there?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Orney Horny Indivision.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is this Mortal Combat related or so.
Speaker 5: I have no idea, but there are predators.
Speaker 1: With Triple d's over here.
Speaker 3: There are I gotta find my Predator documentary and apple that Patreon.
Speaker 1: What do you think Aboutlaurence Fishburne.
Speaker 3: Oh, he was freaking awesome googling that did not I shouldn't have googled that.
Speaker 8: Come on, he's gonna have that one ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Laura's Fishburne.
Speaker 1: His character was it was it was awesome.
Speaker 3: To get that that uh that old school like I've been here for such a long time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: His quirkiness or whatever just was next level, just talking to himself and everything like that and doesn't really kick in at least until like he locks them in the little room with them, and then he starts talking to himself and it's like, oh, this guy's kind of fucked up. But yeah, he's, uh, what are some other lines he has? He's like he's like seven seasons and he looks off to the wall ten wow. And then he starts talking about like the alien ship and he starts laughing at his invisible buddy, like, you know, we've been thought before about comment during the alien spacecraft and who's gonna fly it? And it's just whispering all his ship. But yeah, he he It seemed like he was just embracing death in that moment talking to Big Dog. I was just ready to go.
Speaker 6: I mean it's probably a relief for him, honestly, Like that's not much living, you know, like that where does he ship?
Speaker 5: He's probably just shipping by.
Speaker 3: Big mining thing. He probably had a few places.
Speaker 6: No where does he ship? Or you said ship? Okay, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I thought you all throw That's why was using.
Speaker 5: I found this bucket of mud.
Speaker 1: It's no mud.
Speaker 4: It's a long time to come back.
Speaker 1: Let's let's take another ad break and then we'll probably be back with some uh, foul found thoughts, scenes, et cetera. So we'll be right back, and we're back justa We were just discussing Laurence Fishburne's character. He's the guy who's been there for seven ten seasons?
Speaker 4: You know, is it ten seasons? He said seven seasons.
Speaker 3: He does it first and then his visible friend make.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, my bad, I'm in the same campus Kirkland that I didn't remember him at all. I so I actually kind of ruined it for myself because I searched up predators in his name popped up and I was like, what where is he? And I didn't remember where he popped up, But I I didn't fully expect him to go all crazy and turn on them because I didn't remember his character. So it was a little bit of a surprise there. And you know, I think it's it's kind of needed in the sense that it gives you know, the samurai his sword and the convict his vest so that way he can get shot things like that. But yeah, overall, it's I think it's kind of a fun idea. I think you've been there long enough that eventually you do start to go crazy, and if you've got no one else to talk to it converse to. You know, making up an imaginary friend is probably something that would happen, but uh, I don't know. I think he's really just kind of a vessel to move things forward more than anything else.
Speaker 1: There you go, uh, anybody, because we didn't talk specif. I feel like we talked about tover Grace, but we didn't. But was there anything that specifically we want to say on him? If not, we can move on to somebody else.
Speaker 6: Completely forgot about that twist, like completely, So when that happened, that was another It was just ridiculous. I feel like the whole movie I was just I was waiting for or not even that. I was just like everybody fits but this guy, and it just doesn't make sense. And I didn't for one moment think that there was a twist. So I just felt ridiculous when it happened because it's like, of course, of course, this nerdy guy is actually like a fucking body eater or something like who knows what this guy does.
Speaker 5: He's just very weird and kooky.
Speaker 6: It did make sense, but then when the twist happened, it, yeah, I was like face bombing. It wasn't it's not even like I laughed at it was just like, of course.
Speaker 3: When Royce is like, you know, they're all killers or they're all players, he doesn't belong to frying to tilt for grace, You're like, yeah, it doesn't belong.
Speaker 5: He just went with it, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: And like I think when he like when he twisted, in my mind, I'm like, why is this even happening? Like what's his plan here? He's just gonna kill Isabelle and then say like, I don't know, man, Okay, yeah, fair.
Speaker 1: I like the twist, but it is weird at the time. It's just like he they're already dead to rights and she's like, I'm just gonna kill you before the preasors kill you. I guess, cool, bro, Like, I guess that's it. So I think they could have I like the twist. I think they could have used it at a better moment.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting when they used him as canon fodder, they just decked him out with grenades and just it was very brutal too, because the Predator was just like walks up to him, just extends the blade and just like pushes it into his back and then just pulls it out. It's just brutal.
Speaker 1: He just has like every grenade that's ever been known to man. Actually, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was just gonna say that, you know, at the beginning, definitely I remember there being some kind of twist with him, but I couldn't remember what it was. So you kind of watched the movie going, oh, yeah, he's the medic. He's there in case all of these people fighting get injured against the predator. He can help so they can fight longer. But then when he gets Nikolai to go back and help him and then just completely leaves him, at that point, you're just like, Okay, what the fudge is wrong with this guy? You're supposed to be the medic. He didn't say like no, leave me and go. He just left him at that point. But I just completely don't understand why paralyzed Isabella. You know, what is the point of it? I don't to me that the twist is great unexpected how they revealed it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: It kind of offer her up or something like that to the predator like make well never nds.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the way for the episode.
Speaker 4: Does it make sense to anybody?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Do you know it's.
Speaker 1: Just it's just for the twist to me, just to do like, oh, this is the guy who's been shay the whole time. But again, yeah, I guess he could kill her, but then he's just gonna get killed right away.
Speaker 4: So maybe he thought it was five o'clock or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but unfortunately was predator clock.
Speaker 4: She said.
Speaker 2: He said that she could feel everything, so you know, m he was looking to feel everything too, I hope not.
Speaker 1: For all, you know, he just felt a bunch of explosions. So I looked at the cast list. We went over everybody, so is there any moments or anything we wanted to shout before her thoughts of ratings go ahead?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Good. But I like the looks of the predators in this one. Made the Berserker one.
Speaker 6: With the nice little like jaw pieced onto his I feel like that's such an intimidating look.
Speaker 5: That was pretty bad ass.
Speaker 6: And as you mentioned, like the Falcon predator guy with that device, that was pretty badass. And again, I I love gadgets, and whenever I see like a different gadget from the last movie, I feel like I'll at least give it a plus point for that. So I like that being showcase and then the other one that took out Nikolai. Did he have any like special like things with him, Taylor, like a I don't know, like a special ability or something, or you just had like a boor boor test helm. Probably just like head butt people. I would imagine he looked a little bit smaller than the other ones too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a plasma cast or he was just the tracker. Yeah, all their names have the Falconer. We have mister Black who is the Berserker, and then the Tracker, and then the Classic Predator.
Speaker 6: But we do a quick little The Classic Predator is that the one in the tree.
Speaker 3: As one on the totem.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Tracker though, is also known as flusher or dog handler, So he's the guy that was kind of working with the dogs, which makes sense.
Speaker 1: So he would prefer dog handler flush boy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh so the Classic Predator is he the class predator because he was like a different race than those other predators because they had like bug eyes, sort of like the Berserker did when you take his helt off.
Speaker 3: They referred to they called the Classic Predator because it's kind of tribute to jungle Hunter, which jungle Hunter was the name for the original predator, that's what you think. Like they just called him classic Pretter because he is a classic predator.
Speaker 5: Basically, it was not the same one like I got murdered.
Speaker 3: No, not the same one, but like the same part of the.
Speaker 5: Same species or subspecies.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then again this is where I asked on my lore on the Yauchers, is are they just like all from the same planet and they just live in different burrows or something.
Speaker 5: That's what they look different.
Speaker 3: It's two species are from different planets, and as far as I believe, like predators have different worlds they live. And that's one of my favorite things too. With a requiem, you get a glimpse at like the predator home world and you see like tons of ships like on highways and stuff. It's fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: Just the planet they've taken over and they use for like hunting.
Speaker 3: This is and that's something I like too, because you have like the old mining equipment that no one was hiding in and that it could be from the Preader's I don't know. I think it's from just another alien race that was just mining there. At one point praders came in and just made it a game preserve.
Speaker 1: So so how come there's the two tribes that are sharing this planet that are game preserved or anything.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say they're sharing.
Speaker 5: Because the other one was just on display, right, Yeah, but that's.
Speaker 1: What I mean. How did that happen? At one point one of them had to take it over? The planet is like a hunting preserve. And then which tribe came after like retake it over? They just get their own planet, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think I think it was just a matter of this when Preider was just subducted or taken and the pred the Berserker Preaders just strung them up and this is their planet that they rule with.
Speaker 1: So sounds to suck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm excited to get to Ragua. I don't think i've seen it. I feel like I've started it and it was like a cam virgin and I'm like, nah, not why.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's up your alley. If you like Drass Park three and stuff, then yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Playing two predators too in this movie. Yeah, did the Berserker and not the Falcon but the other one, the Flusher.
Speaker 3: The Flusher.
Speaker 1: Were playing the Predator movie, the Flusher Predator.
Speaker 5: He just introduced himself as the Berserker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I play the dog handler, it says here on the credits here the flusher. No, I'm definitely the definitely the dog handler. All right, plussure anything else to shut up before we give our final thoughts in a rating.
Speaker 3: The uh. One other major scene that I really really loved in this film was when they were coming up to excuse me, they come up to the ridge and no one's died yet, but they come up to that ridge and they just this again that's score it kicks in and it's it's just so epic, just crank that fucking base and they're just looking like they don't even cut to what they're looking at, but like Walt and it's just like like his closing his eyes and like whoa like reopening them and everyone's just gasping for air and it just cuts to like two planets in the sky, like totally, it's just it's and again the CGI Roy said, what's that?
Speaker 1: Do you know what Roy said?
Speaker 3: Where I need a new plan? But no, it's just it's incredible scene CGI was immaculate for me. I loved it. And yeah, it's just visually that's a beautiful wallpaper there, Like just I couldn't imagine being in their shoes.
Speaker 1: Have you made it a wallpaper yet?
Speaker 3: I'll make one for you?
Speaker 1: No, I said, have you made it a wallpaper?
Speaker 3: Not for myself, but I will for you.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a beautiful wallpaper, you said. I just feel like it'd be right up your alley to be putting that on your phone.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll make some for all you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I really like that moment because it just realized like how fuck they actually are? You know, like you can't just get to something. It's like, okay, I'm trapped. I'm not even on the moon, Like where the hell do I even go?
Speaker 1: Like and then and like how did he do? How did he fly this ship away without it being in it? It was there just autopilot or something.
Speaker 2: Sad that's why he like selected that it was going to Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he just jumped out last minute, What do you mean who jumped out? Because Agrian Brody like didn't go on.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there's an agent Brody that.
Speaker 1: I'm Agent bro Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's pretty badass.
Speaker 3: And one other thing too, just that other alien that was killed too. It would have been cool to see more of the other like species dropped off, But I like that it's not just limited to just humans on this planet. It's a whole variety of different species. And that thing that was just kind of murking around, it's very reminiscent of the initial suit that was from uh, the original Predator design. You can kind of see it in like the way they design, like to have the face mask and stuff, a little bit like that. Very different, it's on right, but similar in sum reguards. But yeah, very cool concept.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I don't remember it. I remember, but right the river moster.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, someone else go, I'm going to pull up a photo.
Speaker 1: Oh I shouldn't have said anything there, you know, it's almost anybody else have anything else to shut out?
Speaker 5: I have no more notes. They're depleted.
Speaker 3: Jessica chasing tof for grace.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, there's a side by side comparison.
Speaker 1: Right right, I see is that John Claudeen there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was the original pred.
Speaker 5: Or Jessica to say, you know, I'm so glad they changed that.
Speaker 6: I am too, especially like if it would have been the original, you know, because that would have been that's the look that's the classic.
Speaker 5: Or when you see Buddy touched to the tree, that would be this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like this is an elaborate prank and that is not at all true.
Speaker 1: That's what he looked like, and that was actually John Claude van dam As well. There's lots of lore behind it. So who's this guy just holding a fucking fish in the photos? I don't know, River. This guy's a predator to the River Monsters.
Speaker 3: River goes first in the images, but then yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Fish are posting about this guy. Look out for him. He's sucking up our own colony. It's the same guy. Who's this Anthony Hopkins looking motherfucker.
Speaker 5: It's a River Monsters guy. God, you don't want River Monster.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is this a real thing?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you punking me?
Speaker 3: No, that's a real thing about I think it's watching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a thing. I'm pretty sure my stepdad watches it.
Speaker 1: All right, get this off your while I drop my final rating here. I uh yeah, there's so much more I can say. It's an enjoyable movie. It's a good action movie. It is a fun like I said, introducing new concepts with the Predator planet different species, different types, the whole lore, as far as the hunting ground stuff like that. I think it's all cool stuff. It actually is something that feels refreshing to the predators of it, not just oh, predator trying to kill these people, you know, for some odd reason. So yeah, I really like it. I'll give it a seven out of ten. That's the right where I'll come back and watch it again. I will watch it again. I think it's kind of right now everything for the retro. So I feel like everyone a while to say, Okay, I gotta do some Predator watches, and I was looking forward to watching this one, and I liked it, of course. Yeah, there's some cgs and the greatest of some character moments that you're like, we talk about Topra Grace and others. Ah, there's some stuff that doesn't dated the greatest, but yeah, someven had ten for me. That's where I rank Predators, And I guess I won't say where I rank it because we'll wait till we watch them all that they give our our letter box sort of less. But uh yeah, seven at ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's my favorite predator. Oh, I'll put it. I'll throw it out there. It's the top number one you've seen.
Speaker 3: Okay, good thing, accurate reading and a VP.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh if we're including AVP, I don't know. I'd have to rewatch a VP. When we do our Alien retros and then our Alien Versu pretros retros, then I'll get I'll add that in.
Speaker 5: And theres predator, like Travis was shouting out earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that that was already in this one.
Speaker 5: B VP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh yeah, great movie. I had fun rewatching it. I don't know that I will ever rewatch it again because unlike Travis, I don't know where he has the time to watch as much as he does. I I'm not so luxurious in my movie rewatching abilities.
Speaker 4: But it's a fun watch.
Speaker 2: If you haven't watched it and for some reason you're listening to this retro debating if you should watch it, and you've made it this far, I recommend watching it.
Speaker 1: That's fair, you say, because there's lots of times on Twitter there's this like trending tweet that comes up where it's like name a movie. More than seven times, I'm like, why is that a thing? Why is that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, I can see It's like there's I've seen too many movies more than seven times, so I don't know what that is, but lack of sleep.
Speaker 5: I'll go next. I I quite enjoyed this movie.
Speaker 6: I'm I haven't revisited since that first time until now, and I don't know. I probably will throw this on at some point. I feel like it's fun enough, just like I don't know the action being in the jungle, there's fun enough action sequences to.
Speaker 5: Just throw it on.
Speaker 3: I like to be in the jungle.
Speaker 6: I like to be in the jungle sometimes I like to I like to nap and then wake up and I'm in the jungle.
Speaker 5: I feel like where am I falling?
Speaker 3: Are falling?
Speaker 5: Just wake up screaming?
Speaker 1: Land in some ship from Laurence Fishburn.
Speaker 6: I hope not God, I'd be a nightmare. But yeah, this this one's fun. I think I'm gonna give an eight out of ten. I think some some goofy things with like Lawrence Fishburn's character just I don't like, I get it, it makes sense, it's just it really threw me off, and Edwin's turn toil for Grace's turn really was not needed at all in my eyes. But alas, I think it's a solid Predator installment. Predators were looking good. I'd love to now that we're like what year was this movie?
Speaker 5: Twenty ten?
Speaker 6: Twenty ten like that, like like coming from the first Predator in the eighties when they would have like the thermal vision and then now like, oh man, it's just it looks good, you know, like like all that stuff looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: And you know what, this is the first time. Obviously we've only done the first two, but both of them are like, man, they don't do the cloaking device. Well, they haven't nailed that down. I thought this movie nailed the cloaking down look fantastic or the other ones. It's like, yeah, you guys are trying your best, and I can't remember what it's like in The Predator, So, like I said, I might watch it again. But that's what makes up for what pray is. It'll be older, but you'll have this new tech now.
Speaker 5: So yeah, absolutely, And I didn't get some.
Speaker 6: Weird lenin drugs first aid kit, you know, repair job like I did the other one.
Speaker 1: So no, you just got good CG. I was a little wonkey there when the Predators were getting stuf cut off like that when that one got his head cut off, man, that just looked like a complete CG model for lots of it. So but you know, small budget.
Speaker 4: That green blood, neon green blood.
Speaker 1: That's what they bleed, you know.
Speaker 5: I love that detail. That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: If it bleeds, you can kill it, tay Field. But to Dune for this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this movie is again absolutely legendary. I'm not gonna give it a ten a ten because you know, talking about certain things that didn't age well, I'm not gonna slap a ten out of ten rating on Fitch Rape in Time. That's just that's not good. But I am going to go a full nine out of ten though it's Uh, it's got so many other components that I love to see brought in and added to the overall Predator universe, and just getting the whole concept of a game preserve on the planet and just some of thes my most favorite scenes of all time in cinema was really good. It's just it's overall, it's a fantastic movie where they tried to tackle with these characters and stuff, and it's something I'm gonna watch again and again and again. As far as preader movies go, it's definitely the one that I would watch the most just because it's an easy watch and it's just got a lot of scenes that I really really like. I like how it starts off with Okay, we are familiar kind of with what's going on. We can really get into this and it still has so much mystery at the same time. Yeah, but it's something I wish that we always got a sequel to. I don't know if you saw the comic book stuff I was sharing earlier Kirkland, but there's some like there's some stuff here where they have like romance Royce and Isabella, and then Preder like interrupts, so they're like getting it on and Royce starts rock and Predator tech and pull it. He's doing the costplay Preder cosplay thing. But there's a cool stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Well, there we go, we've done it. So yeah, like I said, next week will be the Preda we release, and then the next one we'll do a live one will be Pray and then and the news casts do a ranking. So uh, ladies, gentlemen, thank you very much for tuning into this one. I promise when you hear from his next it'll not be boring.
Speaker 4: Bye.