Speaker 1: All right. Joining us now is Eric Peters, a friend of the show we've had on many times. Always interesting to talk to Eric and Eric petersautos dot com is where you'll find a lot of articles about liberty and mobility because you can't separate the two. It's kind of like what Jefferson said about life and liberty, the hand of force can destroy but cannot destroy them. Well, that's true of mobility as well as liberty as well. So thank you for joining us, Eric, Oh, thank you, Dive.
Speaker 2: I always have a good time coming on your show.
Speaker 1: I always enjoy it. Yes, let's talk about the You've got several articles about what's going on with this war, and I think one of the key ones was the news blackout that you talk about, And I'm having that same problem as well. I'm looking at all this stuff. There's so much disinformation and very little real information, and there's a point to all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't it kind of feel to you sort of like groundhog Day in that it's kind of back to twenty twenty where we weren't allowed to have access to real information about what actually was going on, and instead a steady stream of regime propaganda was foisted upon us to try to persuade us of things that were not true. Now it's work regious. It's startling how effectively they have managed to suppress any news about what is happening within Israel, for example, or what has happened to our bases in the region. That's right, They've got plenty of images about things going on in Tehran, and it's clear they're trying to manage the perception of the war. And this is outrageous because Americans have a right to know what's happening to their sons and daughters in that part of the world, as well as you know what the consequences of this. I'm just frustrated about it. This evil, idiotic, unnecessary, gratuitous war.
Speaker 1: It is evil to start, it is evil. Everything about it is evil. And their lies are not even plausible. You know, the lies that they tell us in terms of the cruise missile hitting the school and all the rest of this stuff are as implausible as a lot of this AI slop. And that's another aspect of it. It's out there and we didn't have that six years ago. So not only do you have these people actively suppressing information about what's going on but they're also putting out a lot of fake stuff. You got people splicing together real clips from previous incidents that happen in other areas and putting those out as if it was something that just happened. And then there's clearly AI clips those are easier to spot. So it's kind of interesting when I look at it on the acause a lot of people are saying, hey, GROC, is this real? And I know that that's mocked in and of itself, and yet it is pretty good in terms of between community notes as well as Groc. It's pretty good at filtering out the lies that people are deliberately putting up there to promote one side or the other, because they'll say, well, this particular clip is a mixture of this clip from back here and that clip from back there, and they'll give you links to those things, as well as sussing out when you can see the artifacts from artificial intelligence. And of course sometimes people will put up stuff that still have got the Gemini logo on it, and then they'll argue with people who call bs that aspect of it is new. I hadn't seen that before. None of us had seen that before.
Speaker 2: It's frustrating and fruitless. And I like to hang my hat on things that can be ascertained to be absolutely true, such as how much the cost of fuel has increased in this country. That's an obvious consequence fascline on average is fifty to sixty cents higher now than it was just ten days ago. And I think the more relevant, the more important aspect of this, it's really not being talked about that much, is the effect upon diesel fuel prices.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, even more so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's now up over five dollars a gallon in most parts of the country. And a lot of people don't make the connection between what they are paying at the supermarket and Walmart and everywhere else for things and the cost of diesel fuel, because of course things are moved from A to B generally speaking by heavy trucks that burn diesel and diesel electric locomotives. So if the cost of diesel fuel goes up to five or thirty percent, who do you suppose is going to pay for that?
Speaker 1: We are, that's right, And we have all these hidden costs going back to the Opeic embargo, which I know you remember as well as I do. And who could forget it. And you know, when you have a shock to the system at the energy price level, it percolates through everything, just like a value added tax. Every stage it gets added there, especially because of the transportation of goods and services, and diesel is a big part of that. And diesel has gone up more than the gasoline at the pump. And I think there might be a reason for that, might be some kind of manipulation that we're seeing there. But you point out that it's so hard to find out what is happening in Iran. We have some people like Corol McGregor, We have a Scott Ritter who are talking about the damage that's been done to radar systems that control with that and Patriot missiles, but you know they have sources and you know we can't verify that. Course, that's the part of that is the fog of war that you're always going to see. But a big part of it is that there are always blowing smoke at us. Well you know what they do, yeah.
Speaker 2: Left and right? Yes, right, and the right is particularly egregious but predictably so. The thing that's astonishing is the so called left, you know, which at one time at least posed as being anti war. Yeah, you know, it was the left that aggressively reported about what was going on in Vietnam, for example, Dan rather on the ground, you know, looking at what was happening over there, and helped to generate public outrage about what was going on over there. Now, the left is as bad as the right. They're captive poodles of the same interests that are keeping us from knowing what's going on. So it's to try to render us powerless to really intelligently come to any conclusion about what's happening and then to do something about it.
Speaker 1: And then the absurd lines. I mentioned this every time I talk to somebody about Mike Johnson saying, well, they attacked us, they shot at three of our embassies, and it's like, well, you know when that happened. That happened after you entire attacked their entire country. It's incredible the lies that they push out there. But you were talking about the fact, you can't assess how much image is being done to Iran or especially to Israel. They have put out a complete news blackout in Israel to see what is happening with the missiles coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's being respected by the US media, which tells you something. Yeah, for all, Now, don't we have a right irrespective of what the State of Israel and the government of Israel say. I think we have a right to know what's happening in this situation. And yet you know, we're being prevented from having that knowledge. It's infuriating. The whole thing is infuriating on so many levels. It's hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look at how this has been shaking out of a period of time. I mean, we went through this as everybody was pushing back against the atrocities in Gaza. You had the Zionis lobby push very actively to get any of that protest against what that foreign government was doing, to call that racism, anti Semitism, and to censor it as hate speech. And of course this is where of the Republicans, who always said they eight these hate speech regulations, the hate censorship, they were eager to jump in and do it for their masters. And so we have seen legislation after legislation proposed, some of it enacted by the Republican Party. I still am astounded that Ron DeSantis went to Israel to sign a speech censorship bill on behalf of Israel. Why would a governor of a state go to a foreign country and sign a censorship bill. Of course, that's a rhetorical question.
Speaker 2: Either he's owned or he's scared. I'm not sure which it is. It doesn't really matter. Ultimately. There's another aspect of this, though, that I think Bear's discussing. I think Colonel McGregor has touched on this, and it's the despicability inherent in the kabuki theater of the negotiations. I put it in air fingers quotes. Before Trump decided to launch the war, they had the Ranians believing they sent these two arch zionists, the President's son in law, Kushner and Witcough. I mean ridiculous to send these two guys, who clearly are partisan agent's, to supposedly sit down with the Iranians to try to hammer out some sort of a deal. When there was no deal, it was a foregone conclusion that the attack was going to happen. You know, that's the sort of thing that you know, Americans of another generation got up in arms about when the you know, pardon the language, the dirty Japs sneak attacks on Pearl Harbor that was considered bad form that was considered contrary to the way civilized nations behave.
Speaker 1: And also being the aggressor, you know, attacking when you've not been attacked, attacking on the behalf of Israel who had not been attacked at that point either, And so all of that, the treachery, the lies, the sneak attacks, it is just disgusting. And and the back and forth. It came out that Benjamin Netanya who called Donald Trump on the carpet because he said, I hear the onions contacted you secretly. You're not talking to them without my permission? Oh no, no, we wouldn't do it. As and so to cover themselves, they said, we're not anti net Yahooism, right, because that's really what we're talking about here, And so they said we're not against him as a matter of fact, got Kushner and Wikoff talked to him and the Masad chief on a daily basis, and it's like, well, that's kind of traitorous, right, there, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing that worries me most is that these lunatic ignoramuses I kind of regard them as such, have now painted us into a corner in the sense that they put American and Israeli prestige, so to speak, on the line behind this. And apparently they thought that by assassinating the foreign head of state, the Ayatola Kamane, that they would cause the regime to topple and it will be another cakewalk, kind of like the Venezuela operation, and then they could strut around and show everybody how tough and big and bold they were. Well, Paranes aren't folding, and any thinking person understands why, because from the Iranian point of view, this is an existential thing. They know that if they lose this, they lose their neighborhood completely, they become a vassal state, and therefore they are going to fight hard to the very bitter end. They're not going to give in. And you can't just bomb these people into submission. It's not going to happen. It isn't happening very evidently. And so what's next. Are we going to commit half a million ground troops? Where are they going to come from? And that would take months? And are the American people going to put up with a draft some stars being dragooned to be sent over to Iran? And what then? You know, if that doesn't work, what's the next step. In other words, they've now placed particularly Israel, in this position. You know, Israel ex to be perceived as sort of the invincible hedgemon in the area. If the Rangs win by simply not losing, that's all they have to do. I think it's not out of the bounds of possibility that the maniacs that run that state might resort to nuclear weapons to try to end this, you know, in a win as they see.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, there's some clips that I've seen people talking back and forth. I'm not sure myself what the status says of it, but it certainly looks like a nuclear bomb. And if they don't use a nuclear bomb, they could use out of their arsenal things that are as destructive, if not more destructive, than many nuclear bombs, and that are conventional weapons. But you know that is the magic word, going nuclear. And yet when you look at the massive destruction that they're unleashing, and I think the most sickening thing of all this is Pete Hegseth and how he revels in all this carnage.
Speaker 2: Just he's out of hand. Ye people who thinks that by blowing up the Middle East. He's going to hasten the return of Jesus. He's lecturing the soldiers over there apparently that you know, this is the end times. It's this eschatological apocalyptic view based upon the school field Bible that some of these people have. Hackaby is of the same mind. Right, people should be in a mental hospital, not having their levers, hands on any lovers of power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I keep telling everybody this is not Christianity. You know, Jesus said, blessed are the peacemakers, because they'll be called children of God, not somebody who has fished trace their genealogy and claims that they got a connection. And of course there's questions about that as well, but that's the reality. And so he's out there quoting things like, you know, God, who prepares my hands for warfare, my fingers for battle. That's not what that's about either, because as a Christian he should know that is metaphorical for a spiritual battle. God doesn't equip our hands for warfare so we can go out and do premptive strikes against civilians and murder hundreds of schoolgirls. That's not following God. And disgusts me to see this, and you know, his tattoos are just as phony, and his Crusader ideas are just as nonsensical as his Christian ideas. He does not represent Christianity in any way, shape or form. He is anti Christians.
Speaker 2: There's some other aspects of this, you know, the state of Israel. People like Netanyahu, he's at best a secular Zionist. He's not even a religious observant Jewish person. And there is antipathy and worse toward it's Christians in Israel get attacked in the streets. Yeah, Israel is bombing, as you know, the Christian enclaves in Lebanon, killing Christian people, and you've got some less Apparently it doesn't bother Heg Zeph or any of these other crazed, demented Zionists, whatever you want to call them. It's it's really something to worry about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't care about fellow Christians. They only care about people who say that they're Jewish. And this is this is really a sad thing. But you know, when we look at this, Eric, I'm looking at the gas tank for the US, the strategic petroleum reserve that we've got there, right, what kind of idiot clowns go to war without filling up their gas tank and they didn't. It's still less than sixty percent. It's at fifty eight percent. I started looking this up.
Speaker 2: The stupidity of this. It almost beggars articulation. You'll hear Trump talk about where we have Benezuela. There is a lot of oil in Venezuela. Yeah, it's in the ground, and it's quite a different matter to get that oil out of the ground and get it refined, and get it shipped and get it into the supply chain. That's something that's going to take years to happen.
Speaker 1: And it's not going to happen without resistance either. As we're seeing in the Gulf States, it's very easy to do a terrorist attack if that's what you're inclined to do, to attack the infrastructure of your enemy, if they regard the United States as a bully and as an enemy, there's a lot of people they could take it out on the infrastructure that's there, and you may not be able to get any of that stuff out. But you also had Lindsay Graham prattling around talking about how we're going to get rich, We're going to control over a third of the world's oil between Venezuela and Iran. You may not have any of it. I mean, Israel started blowing up the oil refineries in Iran, and at first Lindsay Graham and Trump said, don't do that, don't do that. We want that oil when we get it. Now they're joining in with Israel blowing this stuff up, and now Iran is apparently looking at They've already made a couple of preemptive strikes against desalinization plants as well as a liquid natural gas plant and an oil refinery, and they could basically by attacking ports and refineries and factories, they could basically shut down the supply of oil and gas without even shutting down the Strait of horror moves. And it could take a very long time to get that back effectively.
Speaker 2: They're doing it. My understanding is that a couple of ships have already been hit in the straits. Yeah, and Trump and his usual poltroonish bellicos way says that where they should just grow some guts and they should drive their tankers. That said from mister bone Spurs who dodged the draft back in Vietnam and his son no offense I mean, I mean, Baron Trump is just a kid. You know. I don't want to see Baron Trump get dragged into this any more than anybody else. But the point is, you know, he's not going to suit up, He's not going to go. Trump's not going to send him. Lindsey Graham has no skin in the gram in the game. None of these people do. It's like his evil intocracy, you know, just has no more moral compunction whatever about putting other people's lives and fortunes at risk and at peril, and then just disregarding the havoc that they cause. It's obscene, that's right.
Speaker 1: And he's more than willing to put the deep water Navy in that tiny strait, which is shallow water. It's very different the way they operate, you know, it's set up to be operating to get things at a distance that are there in deep water. They can't operate in that strait. And if he puts them in there, and yet you still have his Secretary of Energy come out and lie about the fact that the Navy is escorting tankers to straight or hor Moose had a big effect on Tuesday in terms of oil even after people realized that it was a lie. And even after they took the tweet down, even after the White House pulled back and said, well, no, that's actually not true, it still had the desired effect on the marketplace, which is really truly crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, temporarily, you know, I think Maybe's idea is to goad the Iranians into attempting to sink an American aircraft carrier or something, which would then perhaps give Trump the pretext to the Iranians. The man literally said something about he's not limited by anything at all except his own view of what is right.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, it's anything he wishes. And when he was talking about the tariffs and his temper tantrum after the Supreme Court shut down that illegal move that he had there, when he was talking about that, he said, I can do anything I want. I can apply any tariff that I want to to any country. I can destroy any country that I wish. And of course he knows it's a tax, and he knows that a tax is the power to destroy. But of course he can destroy any country he wishes with arms as well. That's what he's trying to do. And back to what we were talking about in terms of the war and how it's going. Iran has watched what the United States has done for a very long time, because we have been at war with them, not for forty seven years. The clock didn't start when they took over the American embassy and they put in the iatolas. That was a response to what we'd done about twenty six years earlier, in nineteen fifty three, when we overthrew their government. And I know because I knew some Iranian students in college who were telling me about that. They were protesting the Shaw's horrific regime when I was in college and they were showing up a balaklavas over their head and everything. I said, what's that all about? They said, well, let me tell you about the Savak. You know, this thing that's trained by the Ciam Masad secret police that would kill and torture people if they realize that you're a political opponent. That's why we have the itolas is because we did regime change once before, and we don't know what we're doing. When we do regime change, sometimes we put in something that's even worse. And if they say that the Iatola is worse than the Shaw, well you caused that just like Trump caused the pump prices to go up, he caused the iatolas. Our American policy by the CIA and the continuing deep state is what caused us to have an iotola there. And so these people have been looking at this for the longest time. They realize that the Achilles heel of the mighty American military is to have a drawn out war of attrition and to use asymmetric warfare against our very expensive, complicated and centralized systems. And they have a decentralized system and even taking out the Iyatola. And again I got this from Al Jazeera because you have to read you some of these other sources out there and try to figure out that the truth lies maybe somewhere in between these two extremes that we get here, the pro Zionist media here in America and the anti Zionist media that's outside of the country. And so what they were saying was they had what they called the fourth successor, and they had people for deep to replace the individual leaders that were taken out, as well as decentralized command and control, and so they're in it for the long haul.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. You know, Americans, unfortunately have a very superficial understanding of history, even their own recent history. Iraq is a parallel for what's going on in Iran, the situational morality. For many years, Saddam Hussein was considered to be a great ally of the United States. You know, there are famous pictures could find online of Don Rumsfeld going to Iraq and shaking hands with Sadam Musin.
Speaker 1: And we use him as an ally against Iran.
Speaker 2: Yes, so, But then he became inconvenient for one reason or another, and all of a sudden, at that point they seem to have recognized, oh, he's a bad guy. He has you know, he has dungeons, and he has secret police, and he drags people off into the night, exactly like the Shah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, And for people who live in.
Speaker 2: These countries, it's it's just it's beyond contemptible to hear. It's bad enough what they do, but the way they have this moral unction when they do it, and preposters if they are fighting some sort of great crusade in the name of all that is good and decent, when they are the most depraved, duplicitous and evil people that you can possibly imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Slews had a quote though similar to that. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it's like, you know, there's nothing worse than somebody's on this moral crusade and think that God is on their side. I said, yeah, you know, the question is are you on God's side? First of all, if somebody tells you that God is on my side, beware of that person because they typically think they're God. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Americans in the main, a lot of them, not all, but a lot of them have difficulty viewing things from the point of view of others. How do you suppose American Catholics would respond if let's say Iran had attacked the Vatican and killed the Pope and half the College of Cardinals. What do you suppose the reaction would have been. You know, you don't have to like the Iatola Kamanee. The point is he was their spiritual leader, and generally speaking, most people don't like their leader being taken out by some foreign country. All they succeeded in doing was was generating the fury of the Ranian people and the ps or resistance was the bombing of that school and killing one hundred and seventy kids girls. That just doesn't wear well.
Speaker 1: You know, They can't even apologize for it. Senator Kennedy apologized for John Kennedy out of Louisiana. He apologized for it. They can't have the decency to say, I'm sorry, we made mistake. That's not the type of thing we do. Instead, you got Pete Haggsseth. We're going to kill everybody. We're going to ragn death and destruction from the skies. How more disgusting can you get?
Speaker 2: It's just just beyond the next twenty four hours, that's just they sprap the bottom of the barrel. The barrel turns out to be even deeper.
Speaker 1: That's right. Well, you're talked about killing the pope or whatever, that killing the Islamic pope. You are a spiritual leader not just in to a lot of people in Iran, but to all these sites. And that's about a five hundred million people roughly, and so that's not limited to Iran, and so the war is not going to be limited to Iran either. Yep.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so obviously stilted, so obviously malicious people see it. And I'll tell you the thing that worries me the most right now is that as vile as Trump is that he has, he's kind of gained this out. The only thing I can come up with to explain the gratuitous eric of his actions lately is that he doesn't fear consequences, not worried about the midterms, because I think that it's very possible that he's going to pull a Zelenski and declare an emergency, and in an emergency, we can't have elections because it's too chaotic.
Speaker 1: Anything past that, yeah, I wouldn't put anything past that guy. He absolutely has just like hag Saith, they have nothing but contempt for the Constitution, for any law, for any rule, for any morality. They have contempt for it all. And Trump's m I said, We've got three branches of government now, right, We've got the legislative, the judicial, and the emergency branch. Because that's the way he operates. He declares an emergency and then that's whatever he wishes. It's not even the executive branch anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, And now Americans have gotten used to the site of body armored goons marching around on the streets, so it won't seem that odd to them if all of a sudden the emergency gets declared, and you know, they locked down the cities using these these American latter day version of the essay you know back in Germany, you know, back in the thirties, I like you, I put absolutely nothing past this man anymore.
Speaker 1: Or Pete Hegsseth, don't you don't you find it amazing? You know, going back to this fight over you shouldn't follow illegal orders? How dare you say that we're going to punish you, We're going to take your pension and all the rest of this stuff for saying that. Instead of saying I didn't do anything, I didn't give any illegal orders, he said, how dare you tell people not to follow my illegal orders? And now we've got the same type of thing happening yet again with Pete Hegseth, this time with anthropic and saying we've got some red lines. We're not going to allow our stuff to be used for We're not going to let you do police state domestic surveillance, and we're not going to let you do autonomous killing machines. And so then Pete Heegsath said, how dare you We're going to destroy you as a as a company. That's also unprecedented. We've never seen any that happened to anybody, somebody that they're still using their product in this Iran war for targeting and for other other intelligence. But they're now going to try to destroy that company, and they're just off the charts in so many different ways.
Speaker 2: There's also a matter of historical amnesia here, in the sense that it was literally considered to be a war crime to claim that you are only following orders. You know, the Nuremberg Code did not excuse what was done by the individual soldiers and the chain of command down the line when they claimed, well, you know, the legitimate government of the state ordered me to load people into box cars, it ordered me to shoot these people. I was only following orders. That was not considered a legitimate defense. Even though the orders were technically legal, they were still considered immoral. So you know, now we're in a situation where again the question is that, well, are these orders constitutional? Are they immoral? Doesn't matter, they are orders. You must follow orders, right, no regartless, and Americans are being conditioned to be good Germans.
Speaker 1: These people are so filled with hubris they know that there's not anybody's going to stop them. Nobody's going to oppose them except the other tribe and it's going to be just dismissed as a tribal opposition. But nobody has the power to arrest them in some kind of an international criminal court. And so it's like, yeah, you and what army is going to bring me up to a Nuremberg trial, which they should be facing. You're right, they should be facing that. But that's why they're acting this way. And of course the GOP as a group is just rolling over for all this stuff. They're rolling over for the war. This is the party that wants to tell you that they're pro life, this is the party that tells you that they're for protecting children, and yet they're protecting pedophile predators that are there. It's disgusting to see this. And they want to tell you that they are there to protect the economy. And we've probably never seen anything as destructive as this particular war for the economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, particularly, it couldn't have come at the worst possible time, at the worst possible time. You know, we've been reeling now for five years since COVID.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, people are just barely clinging to to their their their their status quo.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine what will happen when it costs one hundred dollars to fill up a vehicle, and when one hundred dollars buys you maybe a small bag of groceries at the store, if there are any groceries.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: This is this is this is this is economically, politically, culturally catastrophic. You know, people when they are pressed into desperate situations, are going to begin to behave desperately and then then it's then it's game on. And who wants that?
Speaker 1: Nobody?
Speaker 2: Apparently only only people who want that are Trump and his sycophanic apologists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a one man tool of chaos. I think that was his purpose of being put in. Uh. I call him a one man fourth turning war and depression, right, and he wants to take us back to the last fourth turning of World War two in the Great Depression. And he's doing everything he can to take everything down because they need to do that. To rebuild their technocracy or whatever communist authoritarian nightmare system they got planned, they have to first destroy the system. This year, Trump has been doing that throughout his first and his second term. Especially in the second term, he's really accelerated that they're getting very close to their timing of a twenty thirty where they want to have this new system in. They've been boasting about that for the longest time, and so it's got to all happen in this term, and he is doing everything he can to create chaos and economic depression and war.
Speaker 2: Yep, you know, I apologize. I voted for the guy again stupidly. I'll never do anything like that again. And I allowed my hope to overcome my judgment. You know, I should have remembered the way that he behaved during his first term, particularly the last year during COVID. Yeah, when did not end the emergency when he had the power to do it, when it was very obvious by the summer of twenty twenty that the whole thing was an overblown, overhyped fraud. He could have that point ended it. He chose not to. And what did that do? Set the predicate for the mass absentee balloting and for election months that assured we were going to end up with Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: That's right, And now he's out there threatening to shut down the government if they don't pass this Save Act, which basically has to say you're not going to do any vote by mail. It's like, you're the guy who put the vote by mail in with your lockdown stuff, and I said it wouldn't happened. I said, this is going to be disastrous. This is going to be the biggest manipulation of the election that you've seen. I thought it was going to be manipulated, but I thought it'd be manipulated through computerized voting machines primarily. But that offered another entirely new dimension. And now he's out there even calling it Save America Act. And Save America is the name of his pack that he used to grift money off of people after the election that he had thrown with his rules and lockdown and vote by mail. Then he sets up to Save America pack and raises like two hundred and fifty million dollars and sends people to January to six. He picked their pockets and put their head in a noose. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: I think it's difficult for most of us who aren't as sociopaths and psychopaths to really understand how these people operate and what they think, because we've got an internal check that you know, if a certain thought crosses your mind, you go Oh my god, I could not. I can't do that. That would be horrific. I'm not going to do that. So we don't think what they do. And therefore it was difficult for me, I'll give you know, to see that that Trump was put in there in twenty sixteen to further a certain purpose. Come twenty twenty, we get Joe Biden. What did we get with that? We got the LGBTQ stuff, Tranny's we got the Summer of Love, and that naturally outraged most normal Americans, you know, they just and COVID stuff on top of it. So it sort of set the stage for this this resurgent populist nationalist movement that Trump is the head of. You know, he's going to ride his white horse in and he's going to save us, and people voted for that.
Speaker 1: And I saw that at Info Wars. I saw the people that Alex is bringing in that were associated with Intelligence agency. And people think of the Intelligence group as being these people like Clapper and Brennan who are left wing. There's a big right wing component to it, and that those are the people that Trump was that Alex is bringing in all the time to push Trump. These are the people who are behind him the entire time. So this is basically really a right wing coup, and I mean a real right wing coup, like a Chili type of you know, Pinochet type of coup that they're really queuing up here.
Speaker 2: Well it was brilliant because, let's hypothesize that Harris had won, most of the people who are on the Trump side hyper vigilant would have been outraged and protesting by the things that Trump has done. But because it's Trump and there are members of the Trump cult, the red hat cult, they find ways to bend themselves over backwards to come up with some fifty five DHSS explanation for it. It's beginning to fall apart, but it's astounding the degree to which they have snapped into line. Just like the people on the left that they derided as NPCs, you know, robotic sheep, who were just following whatever the narrative was that was being deployed by the left. Well it's exactly the same thing now. So you know, the setup seems to be that if we do have elections, that there's going to be this horrendous backlash against everything that is tainted by Trump. He's going to have tainted populism and nationalism, perhaps irrecoverably for a generation. I agree, it's like Herbert Herbert Hoover all over again.
Speaker 1: I agree, we're going to get.
Speaker 2: An authoritarian, leftist dominated government for the foreseeable future, maybe forever.
Speaker 1: I agree. He's there to poison all the perspective of anybody. You know. Yeah, it's just like this Christian nationalism thing. It's like, oh, you're Christian. Oh you support this Christian nationalism stuff. It's like, no, but it's this odious thing that they associate you with. And then people start running the other way. And it's kind of interesting too, because remember when Tulsa Gabbard got in. Now she has basically discredited herself completely opposing the war now staying silent and staying in the regime. She said, my position here is to restore trust in government. RFK Junior said the same thing. And they have used that blind trust to betray people in terms of what people expected them to do. They expected RFK Jr. To push back against the COVID shots, to expose the vaccines and other things like that, and he hasn't really done that. He's allowed that stuff to keep going.
Speaker 2: I think it's been very effective at demoralizing people. Yeah, that nothing ever ever gets done for the good, This Epstein thing. The reason it never goes anywhere is because both parties are they're all involved in this. You know, they have a common interest in suppressing what was going on. They have a common interest in making sure that nobody is ever held accountable, not Bill Gates dot doctor Fauci, whatever happened to any of that. You know, these COVID, these people who visited unprecedented harm on the American people, nothing happens to them. You or I. You know, we drive by a cop not wearing a seat belt, you know, and we'll get you know, we'll feel the full force and effect of the law even though we've harmed absolutely nobody. But you know, you can harm hundreds of millions of people if you're Albert burla or or doctor Fauci. Then nothing happens. And meanwhile, they co opt people like RFK Junior and Gabbard. You know, people think, oh, they're gonna they're gonna do something for good, and maybe they've done a little bit of good here and there, but at the end of the day they got played also, and they just looked like fools. That got bamboozled again. Uh, you know by the arms man. It's appalling.
Speaker 1: Well, you're talking about getting pulled over from minor traffic violations. We just had a it was exposed that there was the State Highway Patrol had some quotas evidently, and you had certain officers who were very aggressively charging people with drunk driving. And well, yeah, one guy like fifty some odd people from one trooper and half of them were not drinking at all, They were completely sober, but he charged them with drunk driving. So yeah, this is the kind of stuff that we get when they put out quotas. With this kind of stuff, you get what we saw with ice in Minnesota. And you also see what Scott Ritter said was he said, they go in on this strike against Iran and they've got quotas in terms of the number of places that they want to hit, which means that they're not really careful about what they're targeting, right, And so you wind up in this situation like we did the girls' school. That is the way all this stuff is being managed. But let's talk a little bit about cars. You've got an interesting article there breaking for a bag tell people are Yeah.
Speaker 2: An interesting story surface the other day about a guy who was driving his SUV with something called automated emergency braking, which most new cars have now, and especially the system confused a plastic bag that was humble weeding across the highway with some kind of an object, and the system is designed to slam on the brakes, you know, in the event that it thinks that the car should break and the driver hasn't breaked. Of course, you know, on a highway, when that happens for no apparent reason, it tends to result in somebody rear ending you. Yeah, that's just the nature of the thing. And you know, this aeb thing. The really pernicious thing about it is that the federal government has mandated that come twenty twenty nine, all new vehicles have to have this technology. You know. The argument is, their argument is that, well, you know, we'll save again, we'll save lives, you know, because inadvertent people who aren't paying attention to what's going on in front of them, the car will break for them. The problem with it is, of course, that you have situations like this inadvertent breaking that are in and of themselves a danger. I've had it happen to me. You know, the federal government has registered thousands of incidents of this. A couple of years ago, I was driving a Toyota Prius and I was the only car on the road. Nobody was around me, and all of a sudden, the car just lamb to a stop. I guess it saw a ghost or something. You know, because they always use the word smart when they talk about these technologies that they're smart, it's just programmed. You and I are smart in the sense that we can, you know, we can perceive things with our eyes and that it's a wonderful biological computer that we have called a brain, can then filter and interpret the information and we can immediately say, well, that's just a plastic bag. Yeah, you know, it's not a child, it's not a deer, it's not anything I need to hit the brakes for. I'm just going to keep on driving. That these dumb systems that rely on a cam find distinction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know it was hallucinating, I guess. Yeah. But you remember a few years ago when they had I think it was an uber uh self driving thing, and they were they had fully autonomous driving because they had somebody behind the wheel and it ran over that lady who was homeless, who was crossing the street with a shopping cart or something. And they said, well, it was dark, she wouldn't have been able to see it. And of course the camera that was watching her, she's sitting there playing with her phone because she's been lulled into passivity because the saying is doing most of what it needs to do, but it doesn't stop when it sees a person coming. But you know, they said, well, you can't see her. She's out there in the dark and she's not in the headlcense said yes to this thing's got lighter and it can see in the dark. Why didn't it slam on the emergency brakes? And I said, well, we disconnected the emergency brakes because they were constantly kicking on for no reason at all, so we just disabled those and it's like one system after the other, right failure.
Speaker 2: There's a dehumanizing aspect of this in my opinion, and that it detracts from agency. What do I mean by that, Well, you know, when I get behind the wheel of a vehicle, I'm in charge of the vehicle. I'm responsible for controlling it. And if I am neglectful if I'm pecking at a cell phone, I don't do that. But let's say I'm pecking away at my cell phone while I'm driving and I piled drive into somebody else, Well, then I'm morally responsible as well as legally responsible because I didn't maintain control of my vehicle. The accident could have been avoided. Now with these technologies, is placing people in the position of not being either morally or legally responsible. You know, after all, the car is responsible, Well who's responsible? And when somebody gets killed, who are you going to? Who are you going to bring into court or suefer damages? And you know, people get killed, and how is that going to be compensated?
Speaker 1: You know, and think about that in terms of the autonomous killer robots, right, just like we saw with the situation at the school, if that was targeted and directed by artificial intelligence to whatever role it had. But once they go to fully autonomous killer robots, then they can come back and say, well, who's responsible for that? It's not my job? Right, everybody can pass the buck onto somebody else and nobody has a stake responsibility for it. And that's another huge region not to have these things because it allows people to avoid any responsibility, so it allows them to be a lot more reckless and careless of what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's another aspect of this I think people should be aware of it, which I worry about. It is that once these things are a federally required safety feature, which they will be in twenty twenty nine, which is less than three model years away from now, they will probably come up with the argument that a vehicle does not have it, older vehicles constitute a threat and a hazard. They'll say, well, if every vehicle on the road had this automated emergency braking, then all sort of follow each other in a correct conga line, and you know, if this car break, then that car would break, and they would all be in communication through V two V technology and we wouldn't have any problems and we'd reduce the fatality rate. You know, it will help improve safety. And then they'll say, the only way that you can continue to operate a vehicle that does not have that technology on government roads they call them public roads, they're the government's roads. Well, if you retrofit it. The problem is that that's not feasible to do it from a technological or economic point of view. With older vehicles. You just I suppose could do it if you had limitless amounts of money and completely re engineered a car. But it's not like adding a third brake light. Let's see it an extraordinarily complicated piece of technology, and I see this as a way another way. There's so many of these pincers that are moving, yes, to shut us out of cars, but this is the way for them to effectively outlaw pretty much every vehicle that was made before roughly twenty fifteen or so, when this technology started to come online.
Speaker 1: That's right. It is very much like a singularity where you have all these different regulatory threads. As you point out, it's like some kind of a spider's web. It's all coming together to control every single aspect of our life and to make everything illegal. I think they're just kind of waiting for the older ones of us to die out. I saw this when we were in Virginia trying to cover an event at one point in time, and were having difficulty seeing this thing. So we thought, well, what we're trying to cover, So we thought, let's get a boat and we can get a different perspective on it. So we go to get a boat, and you had to have a license in Virginia to drive a boat. And I said, I've been driving a boat. I was eight years old, and it said, well, you're old enough that your grandfather did. So it's like anybody that was over fifty or something like that, they didn't require them to have a license, but if you were under fifty, you had to have a license. And we're starting to see this with smoking cigarettes, for example, I think it was New Zealand or Australia, one of them made it illegal for anybody to ever smoke a cigarette if you were born after a certain date. And so this is a kind of insanity. They're just gradually ratcheting everything down into a slave state.
Speaker 2: They're doing it. It's kind of like it's an interesting dichotomy to me, and that it's sort of the superficial moralizing, you know, like how dare you smoke a cigarette? How dare you have a beer? Those things are outrageous and they must be stamped out forever more. On the other hand, these people are perfectly willing to commit genocidal mass murder, you know, and do horrible wholesale things to people that are egregiously immoral, that's okay, but you better buckle up for safety.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's all funny joke about Trump. They said, somebody just threw a beer at Trump. Fortunately he was able to dodge it because he's a lot of experience dodging the draft. So, yeah, let's talk a little bit about ethanol blues because while we're talking about alcohol. I was at a think tank once and it was all these conservative think tanks. Heritage Foundation course the biggest one, but all these different states have think tanks as well, and so this is a big convention of them. And this one organization was hosting an event and they set it up as a speakeasy and they as they handed out the invitation, they said, if you want to come to the party, you just show up and knock at the door and say I'm here for the ethanol subsidy. So you got ethanol blues again. What's that about.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just an ongoing thing that has been in existence now for what forty years, at least maybe fifty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Went as a sop to the agribusiness lobby, which is almost as powerful as APEC, they created this requirement in federal law that requires the introduction of ethanol into the fuel supply. So most of the gasoline that's available at the pump is not actually gas. It's ten percent ethanol ninety gas. That's what you're buying. So it's adulterated with ethanol. Why does that matter, Well, among other things, ethanol has less energy b to you content than gasoline. So the unit volume, you know, if you have a gallon of E ten versus a gallon of one hundred percent pure gasoline, you're going to get lower gas mileage. You're not going to be able to drive as far on that. So it costs you more to drive the ethanol laced gas than it does real gas. For older vehicles, it's a it's a really sneaky way for them to sort of accelerate the obsolescence of vehicles that were made at a time when the assumption was that gasoline would be the fuel that would be used. And this was all the way through the eighties. That's when the RFG thing started to ethanol things started to come online. Vehicles that were made before then, you know, maybe the engineers assumed that the gas tanks, fuel lines, rubber parts, everything that came into contact with the fuel was going to be coming into contact with gasoline, not alcohol. Alcohol is chemically different than gasoline. It has different properties. It interacts differently with things like steel lines and plastics and rubbers, and it deteriorates and degrades them. That's why, you know, even though vehicles have been made to be ethanol compatible now for forty something years, power equipment isn't you know, if you buy a chainsaw, if you buy a lawnmower, you'll probably see a little sticker on it that says, do not use ethanol fuel in this thing. You know, you find a station that sells they call it now pure gas. It's kind of like pure bloods.
Speaker 1: You know, you go to that.
Speaker 2: Sells, it sells pure gasoline, and it's worth the extra cost, you know, particularly because it doesn't store very well. That's the reason why they don't want you using the E ten and in outdoor power equipment that sometimes will sit for four months out of the year, you know, during the fall, in the winter time. If you leave that stuff in the fuel tank, odds are your equipment isn't going to work. Comes fring when you need to cut the grass or whack the weeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you look at it a big agg you talk about the footprint that they've got. I remember the back and forth, even people like Al Gore was raging about ethnology, says that we don't want this, we don't need this, and so the environmentalists weren't pushing it. It was big agg that was pushing it. And we just saw the last week or so the Trump administration and the Republican Party saying we're not only going to not stop glafset, a known percinogen that is permeating our food supply and poisoning our farm land, but we're going to mandate and compel its production, and as part of that, we'll give them legal immunity against lawsuits. And the Republicans applauded that when Trump did that as an executive order, it's just insane.
Speaker 2: Well, they're well paid to do that. They're also talking about making E fifteen, which is fifteen percent ethanol, the new standard, because again there's a lot of money, and you know, people don't really understand the sort of tiared effects of this. It's not just the effects in your vehicle or your outdoor power equipment. It costs a great deal to produce this ethanol, and crops that ordinarily would have gone toward feedstocks, let's say for cattle, are are instead diverted to the production of ethanol. So it has had a secondary effect of causing an increase in the cost of food, and people don't understand and realize that that's going on. Who benefits. It's not you know, mom and pop, farmer Joe down the road. It's these gigantic cartels, these combines that are using the government to rob us blind and ruin us at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. You got an article about EV the real purpose of the EV push. But let me just say, you know, one of the things that you talked about, I think it was the Chevy Bolt was a volt? Was a volt or bolt the one that had the generator, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're talking about the Vault that was technically a hybrid, but it carried its engine chiefly as a generator.
Speaker 1: That's right. Well, Now, as Ford it's pulling back from this, they're moving towards what they call they're now calling those extended range evs er evs, And as you point out before, that's probably the best use of an EV that you could have in terms of using the motor as a battery and simplifying it so you have this hybrid system and complicate the transmission stuff that's there and everything. You don't have to use it the gasoline as an engine. You can just use it as a generator to charge the EV and you get a very long range out of it. But what's going on with the EV push right now besides that?
Speaker 2: Well, I was thinking about this the other day and it occurred to me that one of the effects, and I consider it to be an intentional effect, of the attempt to push EV's, and they were pushed very hard for a number of years, was to push us out of vehicles, both directly and indirectly. Here's how by pushing the evs, what they did was to greatly increase the cost of vehicles generally, not just the EV's. Reason why evs are money losers. You know, Ford said that it lost about twenty thousand dollars on the sale of every one of its f one to fifty lightnings, probably more than that. All the manufacturers that were required to manufacture these evs for the sake of regulatory compliance, they had to figure out a way to staunch the bleed somewhat. So what they did was they pushed out some of the costs of the EV thing into the price they were charging for their other vehicles, and that's why the cost of vehicles has gone up. But the other aspect of it that's much more subtle is that the same rigs that pushed the evs pushed hybrid drive frames into mass production. You know, Originally, when the Toyota Prius came out, that's sort of the archetypical hybrid, and it came out of what about twenty something meet and twenty five years ago. The whole point of it was that, okay, this is a vehicle that is focused specifically on very high gas mileage. It was fundamentally an economy car, and it made sense in that context. You know, essentially, they were using the hybrid drive frame to kind of compensate for and overcome the fact that new cars have gotten so freaking heavy because of all the government safety candy. You know, it used to be possible to make a fifty mile per gallon car without a hybrid drive train. That's become impossible. So anyway, that was the purpose of the of the Prius, and you know, its competitors such as the Honda Civic hybrid that went on for a number of years. Now, if you look at the new car landscape, half of the vehicles are more that are on the market of all kinds have a hybrid drivetrain, including and I think this is the telling part, high end luxury vehicles, Mercedes, BMW's, Audi's Lexus. It's risible. It is ridiculous to believe that a person who spends sixty seventy thousand dollars on a premium luxury vehicle is sweating paying another thirty bucks a month for gas. It don't care not flying it because it's a hybrid, and yet it is. The Mercedes and BMW, two good examples, have cheapened out some of their formerly premium vehicles. Used to be that in a vehicle like an E class Mercedes or a BMW five, the minimum you got was a six cylinder engine for that money, a nice six cylinder engine. What do you get now? You get a two liter turbo four augmented by a hybrid system. It's a compliance drivetrain. And at the same time that the hybrid drive frains have come online, the price has gone up. The E class Mercedes is now sixty thousand dollars without the V six, it's thousands and thousands of dollars more expensive. If you look at the current Dodge charger, you know, that was an electric car until they've realized that wasn't going to sell, and they put their new six cylinder engine in with a hybrid drive frame, much more expensive than the previous charger with just an engine. You know, you look at any vehicle you choose to pick that has a hybrid drive frame and compare its costs now versus what it costs just a couple of years ago, two or three years ago without the hybrid, and it's many thousands of dollars more expensive. I've just been test driving the Toyota Grand Highlander. As recently as twenty twenty two. That car came with the V six, Toyota's excellent three point five liter V six. It now comes with a two point four liter turbocharged engine, hybrid augmentation and all of that, and it's seven thousand dollars more than it was just years ago. And these are the subtle costs that are being imposed on us. And who can afford it? You know, it's ridiculous to believe that working and middle income people are going to be able to pay fifty sixty seventy thousand dollars for a basic family kind of a car. So what can you conclude from that? You can conclude they're trying to make it so that that regular, you know, working in middle income people can no longer afford to drive.
Speaker 1: That's that's absolutely it. Yeah, absolutely, they did everything they could incentivize the evs. And now, as you see, and as you and I talked about this for the longest time, so well, we know what's going to happen. They're giving them preferential treatment, they're subsidizing them, they're banning other cars from these low mission zones. You can only go in there if you've got a electric vehicle. Now they're coming out to the electric vehicles. Now they're taxing them by the mile and doing other things like that. We know that that's the way they want to go because then that requires that they track you all the time. Right, So many aspects of this, but the bottom line is that they don't want you to have mobility because mobility leads to liberty, just like that was our lifeline during COVID stuff was the car and I would take how much.
Speaker 2: More effective the lockdowns would have been if the majority of the cars that were in circulation, if they could have thrown the proverbial switch, let's see, and simply disabled the vehicles remotely, the lockdowns would have been a whole lot more effective. I certainly wouldn't have been able to do what I did, which was to jump in my truck and have a look at what was going on out in the real world.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I would drive by the local regional hospital just to see whether, you know, the bodies were stacking up and the lines were forming outside. And then I did videos and reported that, and of course I got de monetized on YouTube for doing that. Oh yeah, I was able to do it. You know, I live out in the country. If if I had been if I had been stuck with a connected vehicle an EV and they just shut it off, what am I going to do? I'm going to bicycle the thirty miles into the city, you know, to see what's going on. Probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And with all the electronic cent they can very easily geo fence you out of any area that they want or keep you in the is that they want to keep you in. Let's let's go down in memory lane. Because it's one of the things I love about Eric Petersauto dot Com the fact that you go back and look at some of the things that we have grown up with, and you've got an article talking about the things that are no longer seen, talk about a little bit of yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think just generationally, you know, like guys our age. You know, if you went went to a car show when we were kids, let's say, and you looked at a model T for it, and you saw all these these strange things in the car. You know, what's this little lever on the steering column? Do what is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The pedals weird, you know, and you had to have an old timer come along and explain to you, you know, what these things did and how the car worked. Well, you and I are familiar with things like you know, I'm my old muscle car that I have out in the garage, my seventy six Pontiact trans am. It's got this little little four amount of dimmer switch. Show it to a twenty twenty. See they know what that is. You know that's gone. You don't see that anymore. Well, you know, time progresses and I and I kind of thought, well, okay, imagine thirty years from now, if we still have our shows, and you know, and people are looking at vehicles from this time thirty years from now, and they're going to see things like these weird little rectangular things. You know, what is that for? What do you what do you do with that? And we'll have to explain. Yeah, there was a time, you know, we plugged in our devices into these things. So that was just one example. You know, there are a number of others. You know, people who were too young to have remembered the nineties. You remember when they had those those those those seat belts that buckled you in when you opened the door.
Speaker 1: Oh, I had. I had a car that the vult Fwagen Rabbit that I had did that. It had a knee bar to keep you from getting hung. I guess, you know if you submarine under the seat belt. But the seat belt was actually plugged into the door, so when we open it up, it would pull it out and you could just slide out. And I remember taking Karen's grandmother in it, and it would fluster her to no. She didn't know how to get out of it. She's trying to pull herself up and around it. She'd always wrap herself up in the seat belt and I have to go around to detach it from the from the door to get her out. It was, it was. It was kind of crazy. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Those have been out of production now since I think the late nineties, early two thousands. I can't remember when they when they were last available now, so it's been twenty five years. So you know, somebody was twenty five today will probably have absolutely no memory of those kinds of things, so you know when they.
Speaker 1: See the things you mentioned is opera windows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's another one.
Speaker 1: That was a strange thing when it was done, an opera window.
Speaker 2: But I guess maybe the way we used to have these things called personal luxury coups, you know, models like the old Chevy Monte Carlo uh and the infamous the infamous Chrysler Cortoba. You know, they were died in those commercials and actually they were neat cars. They were sort of they were big cars, but they had two doors. You don't see that very often.
Speaker 1: And they had fine Corinthian leather whatever that was leather.
Speaker 2: And one of the features that they used back then to signify that you were driving. Something luxurious was the opera window, which was this round piece of glass, fixed glass that didn't open. It was on the rear seat pillar of the car, you know, before the area where the rear glass is that that supports the roof, and it was just considered very stylish, very chic. You never see that working anymore. It's gone the way of t tops too. You never see tea talks anymore.
Speaker 1: That's right. And of course I think of opera windows, I think of American graffiti and that thunderbird that I think it was Suzanne Summers was in in that movie. But the other thing you don't see, which is kind of in your picture here, and that is the fake vinyl roofs that are there, and in the picture that you've got here, it's like a one quarter of vinyl roof. It was chic to make it look like you had a convertible, even if you didn't have a convertible. And now when we talk about, you know, drive around, we have a convertible. We put the top down, and when I see another convertible I look over and invariably is some old geezer like me that's driving.
Speaker 2: You know, it's quite something now. You know, the thing the most is that you know, we no longer have genuine luxury cars. There was once a distinction between a luxury car and a sports car. And then because everybody decided they had to be BMW. This began in the eighties.
Speaker 1: And mid lighties.
Speaker 2: BMW was considered sort of head to I need the euro cachet thing. Everybody wanted to be like like BMW. And instead of having like really comfortable three across bench seats for example, and a Coln sugar and a ride that was designed to be plush, You're not in a hurry, You're just you're wanting a comfortable, smooth riding car. Now we all have luxury sport cars with these sinuin bucket seats and look I like sporty cars. The point is everything doesn't have to be sporty. Now minivans are sporty. It's absurd. You know, they all ride on eighteen nineteen inch wheels and you know they have rough rides. You know, those who are there, people who have never had the chance to ride in a big land yacht American car from the seventies are really missing out on something. There used to be a really profound difference in the way you felt when you were driving something like a Cadillac Saidandeville, or an Olds ninety eight and something like my trans am. I mean, there was a big, big difference. Now they pretty much all drive the same. Irrespective of the make, model, type of car, they're all pretty much the same. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember my dad had a big Catillac Saidandeville, and my car was a little Triumph spitfire. And to go from one to the other kind of rip your head off, you know, Richard. And this, like you said, this gigantic, smooth riding and a seat and everything. It's like a mobile living room. And then you go from that this little tiny, rattling thing that's looking like you can drive underneath the truck that's right next to you. It truly was amazing. Yeah, those are the days, weren't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were. And I think it's a shame that there was this concerted effort, a marketing effort to kind of make fun of, you know, the old man's car, the you know, the Cidandeville with the white walls and the wire hubcaps. I think we've lost something as a result of that, you know, we've lost the diversity, indifference that used to exist in the marketplace. Everything is just just homogeneously bleakly the same now. And there's something ridiculous about all these three hundred horsepower four hundred horsepower cars puttering along, you know, at just barely the speed limit.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know, that's right.
Speaker 2: I can deal with it when I you know, when I roll up behind somebody who's driving, say an old Volkswagen Beetle, because I used to have one. I know the car is struggling to keep up. You know, it's having a tough time sent five or seventy miles an hour. But it's just obnoxious to have to come up behind some guy, you know, driving forty seven and a fifty five and he's driving his truck with you know, four hundred horsepower V eight. It's just it's grecruiously stupidly wasteful, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: And I see it as an almost, uh, as a temptation that I almost cannot get past when I've got these big engines and lower speed limits. So I don't like that aspect of it, as well as like they're really tempting me to do something there. Well, it's always great talking to you, Eric, thank you for joining us, and I love Eric petersautos dot com is much more what he's talking about there as well as we didn't even get to Corvettees and what's happened to them over the years. But always great content. Thank you Eric. Always pleasure to have you on.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, David. Always enjoy our talks.
Speaker 1: Thank you. The common Man. They created common Core and dumbed down our children. They created common Past to track and control us. They're Commons project to make sure the commoners own nothing and the communist future. They see the common man as simple, unsophisticated ordinary. But each of us has worth and dignity created in the image of God. That is what we have in common. That is what they want to take away. Their most powerful weapons are isolation, deception, intimidation. They desire to know everything about us while they hide everything from us. It's time to turn that around and expose what they want to hide. Please share the information and links you'll find at the Davidnightshow dot com. Thank you for listening, Thank you for sharing. If you can't support us financially, please keep us in your prayers. Ddavidnightshow dot com.