Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny.
Speaker 2: Now, here's your host, Cliff Dunning.
Speaker 3: Hey, we got a new program for you this week. This is something that I've been working on now for a couple of weeks, and we are pulling together some wellness material. It's called Biohacking Basics, and it includes all the various types of biohacking, from new tropics to intermittent fasting, sleep optimization, age biohacking, neurogenesis, and wellness programs. Now, this is something that I have hinted on over the last few months because we're screwed here in the United States on our wellness programs. Allopathic medicine is deadly. And when I say that, when you go to your doctor and you're okay, you're fine, You're just going for your checkup, and he or she is prescribing statins or blood thinners or other medicines, this is the beginning of a problematic cycle. And frankly, they don't understand wellness. All they understand is medicine, and medicines are extremely powerful and toxic to the body. I might have mentioned that I went through a series of medications after I had a heart attack and I am finally off of them after actually researching other ways to mitigate my wellness, and the most important really in my case was exercise getting the weight off. I'm still processing that, working with new tropics and vitamin therapy, cleaning up my diet, and I'm far from over. I'm still working on dropping weight and looking into weight loss programs like Ozimpic. Not necessarily getting the injections, but you can take low dose or what is known as microdoses of ozempic. And we'll have somebody on the show talking about these these powerful products that are peptides. They're not drugs, they're peptides, and this is a whole new way to gain wellness. Now, biohacking is something that's been around for probably I want to say, seven to ten years. Father of biohacking is Dave Asprey. Hoping to have him on the program. But this is actually where you can begin looking at yourself as your own healing mechanism rather than going to an allopath again when you go to your doctor. And I have been dealing with this myself. I'm with the Kaiser program here in Northern California. You are placing yourself in the hands of people who don't really understand the body's wellness system. All they understand is figures. They are expert at technology, and I really prefer to call a medical doctor a technologist because they have been trained to look at numbers as statistics, at drug approaches. And the biggest problem is that they are behoovent to the pharmaceutical companies and they the pharmaceutic pharmaceutical companies are paying for some of their programs. They are not enlightened whatsoever. They most doctors will not be able to tell you what nutritional approaches you should take to wellness if if you have gut problems, digestive problems, weight problems. They don't get it. They just don't get it. Now, it's not all bad, like I said, as technologists. If you are injured, they are excellent at trauma care. They're excellent at relieving damaged through auto accidents, through illnesses, things like that. But I have to tell you, if you have been given a dose of medicines, you need to wean yourself off of them as soon as possible because they are deadly over a long term period. So this new program, Biohacking Basics, is for you. It is designed for you to take your wellness into your own hands. We will have a number of people starting with this today's program, which is on saunas and light therapy, and these are things that have been around for decades and they help you begin to heal your issues, your digestion, your weight, your chronic illness, arthritis. I've even heard examples of people having ms that have been healed, neurological disorders and so forth and so on. We have to take matters into our own hands. The United States is the sickest country in the world because we rely on medicines over wellness, natural healing, natural foods, exercise, and things like meditation. So and I've been harping on meditation for a long time, so these are critical. I want to play a short program with the father of biohacking, that is Dave Osprey. And in this program he is talking about know your foods. Let's have a quick and.
Speaker 4: We've got to break this idea that when you're old, you're useless, right, And I mean it sounds rough to say that this is what a lot of people really have.
Speaker 1: And we have this picture in our head. In fact, you probably have this picture right now and.
Speaker 4: It's that there's tubes, there's monitors, there's wheelchairs, and you don't know your name, and you spend the last twenty years of your life in slow decline, suffering and spending all of your money and then basically dying in a hospital.
Speaker 1: That's actually not.
Speaker 4: What has happened throughout all of history, soil very recently, what used to happen was the village elder. You become old and wise and venerated, and you share your life's experience with a younger generation who at least those of them who are smart enough to listen, because it saves them all of the suffering. Human progress happens because we pass things on from the last generation to the new generation. So I spend as much time as I can interviewing people in their eighties and nineties. You know, oh, you want to Nobel prize. You're still running a lab at ninety four. I think I want to pick your brain. Right, that's Eric Candell, the guy who discovered neuroplastic and so to be able to do stuff like that, you got to first not die. And there's four things. This is like the thesis of my next but four things are going to kill you. They'll keep you from becoming an anti aging guru. And one of them is Alzheimer's disease. You look at the odds, your chances of getting Alzheimer's are probably approaching fifty percent.
Speaker 1: Depending on your gender. Women get it more than men.
Speaker 4: That I've been doing a lot of work with the Maria Shreiver's Women's Alzheimer's Project because this is a gender specific disease. Men get it, and people get more attention on men, but women get it more than men. And if Alzheimer's doesn't get you, what's going to get you cardiovascular disease? And if that doesn't get you cancer, And the thing that underlies all three of those conditions that is rampant.
Speaker 1: Is diabetes type two diabetes.
Speaker 4: So the first thing you do to live a long time is don't die from one of the big four killers.
Speaker 5: So you have the four killers, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and cardiovascular disease, right, And I'm guessing that the number one way to stop avoiding these things is the food that you eat.
Speaker 1: It is the food that you eat.
Speaker 4: And the Bulletproof Diet is a book I wrote in twenty fourteen that it really brought katosis back into the mainstream. And the very trick that didn't work in the seventies for katosis is that it matters what kind of fat you have.
Speaker 1: It matters what kind of protein you have. So here's something you can do.
Speaker 4: Google bulletproof Roadmap and this is the whole diet on one page infographic.
Speaker 1: You can print it out and put it on your fridge.
Speaker 4: It doesn't cost anything, and it just tells you this protein is less inflammatory than this protein.
Speaker 1: This fat is a good fat, this fat's a bad fat.
Speaker 4: And the trick here that will change your performance right now and how long you're going to live.
Speaker 1: Is that there's a big list of suspect foods in the middle. And this is going to sound shocking.
Speaker 4: The foods that work for you may not work for your spouse or your best friend.
Speaker 1: And it's okay that there is no This food is a good food.
Speaker 4: And when you identify the guilty suspects in your food supply guilty for you.
Speaker 1: It stops chronic inflammation.
Speaker 4: And chronic inflammation is a precursor to every one of the four killers, and it also is a precursor to diabetes.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping to have Dave on the program to address the specifics of biohacking in a short program. But like I said, we will. These are all special programs. They're going to be additional to the typical Destiny program, so they'll you'll you'll get a chance to listen to it. The title of each is Biohacking Basics, and they'll have the theme for the program with the expert on the program and all the details. So today's program is Biohacking Basics, Understanding Saunas and Light Therapy, and my guest is Brian Richards. We're featuring an incredible opportunity to visit one of the real enigmas of the ancient world, and that is Easter Island in the Pacific Ocean. This is a new tour that we're doing. It looks like this will probably be the only chance we get to go because it's very challenging to get over there. But we're lucky because doctor Edwin Barnhardt, our host and our tour leader, has been surveying this island for over a number of years and has some really amazing insights on just how detailed and how complicated and how mysterious this island is going to be. March fifteenth, through twenty third. I wanted to ask just a brief question or two because I obviously have never been there. I'm really excited to be a part of this. It was a highlight talk about the moi. There's a number of them, aren't there.
Speaker 6: There are so many moi there, it's outrageous. You see from coffee table books that there's lines of them, but in point of fact, there's over one thousand moi and they're spread all over the island. They're where ancient villages used to be. So we're going to go visit a bunch of those. There's also the quarry. There's one quarry where almost all of them were made, and a lot of them are still half made lying in the quarry. That thing is just a sight to see how grew up.
Speaker 3: Briefly and I didn't realize they have an observatory there. Is it a planetarium or is it more of a setup for evening sites.
Speaker 6: It's a planetarium. It's a passion project by a man named EDMUNDO. Edwards who's been studying the archaeo astronomy of the island for his entire life, I think almost fifty years now. He knows more than anyone, and he put together this planetarium to share this lifetime of knowledge with the visitors to come to the place.
Speaker 3: Fantastic. So March fifteenth to the twenty third, that is a week, and it sounds like we've really packed a lot in during those seven days, right.
Speaker 6: I tell you, For an island that's only twelve miles across, there is an endless amount of things to see there.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to it fantastic all right. For more information, you go to earthncients dot com forward slash tours, look for the photo of Ed standing next to one of the big Mai sculptures, and registered as soon as you can. I want to let you know that we are now looking at being fairly full. The maximum we're going to take us thirty people, so we might be be getting really close to that. So again, go to earthncients dot com forward slash tours. Thanks Ed, Thank you, Cliff. So we're continuing our look at biohacking, which is changing your chemistry, your physiology through science and through experimentation. I don't like that last part too much, the experimentation, but I am going to do my best to help you listeners get a sense of where you can go outside of the allopathic method or the practice, and I will present as many individuals and therapies as possible that you can use to change the way things are happening. If you're not in great health, if you're in poor health, if you're okay, everything that I'm submitting, everything that you'll be listening to, will be ways for you to change your state of wellness. So the first person today is Brian Richards. Brian is a founder. He's an entrepreneur I would consider a sauna space. He's in Missouri and he's been doing this for a while. We're going to learn about not only what saunas are all about, but there's a technology he incorporates that is not traditional in his saunas that is very very cool. So Brian, welcome to Destiny. Great to see you.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me, Kliff.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about saunas for a minute. Traditionally, I have heard of sweat lodges where you go in and they have a fire, or where I'm here in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area in Berkeley, we have a sauna where they take and they heat up stones and it's hot enough that you begin sweating in these little woodline boxes. But traditionally the sauna is for sweaty But what else do we learn when we sweat? What else do we know about sweating?
Speaker 2: Well, we know a lot of things based on research that's been conducted in the last few decades. So of course our ancestors understood this, and you see sauna as like a tradition in almost every human culture, and there are many different types of suna, and also nowadays in the modern area, there are so many more. It all comes back to basically doing two things.
Speaker 7: Cliff.
Speaker 2: You're trying to raise your core temperature by about three degrees so it sustained increasing core temperature that's held. And then you want to provoke profound sweating, so like you know, like a pound of water even you know, you want to sweat ideally in a sauna session. And what we see in the recent research is that sauna, if you do that, sauna increases your health span, So it increases your risk or excuse me, it increases your the years of your life that you're healthy. Another way of saying that is it reduces your risk of dying of all things non trauma related.
Speaker 7: So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's not just for like one problem or another in the in the health world, you know, no matter where you're at and what you're dealing with, sauna is going to help you. And so I'm referring to what's now like over twenty year study approaching thirty year study of thousands of finished mails where they were tracking cardiovascular disease and heart attacks, and they found that that was the case if you did some sauna a week, just one sauna on a week, and in each sauna session you want to raise core temperature three degrees fairynheight and sweat out one pound of water. But what they also found was that if you increase your frequency from one to three days a week, you reduced your all cosmortality another like thirty percent or more. Is this huge increase, So the more sauna per week is actually even better. And that study and some other studies have also been going on. That study in particular continued where over the next five to seven years with the same test group, they looked at dementia outcomes and they found the exact same thing that sauna. Frequent sauna use reduces your risk of dementia, and the more you use it, the better. Ideally something like three times a week. So when we use sauna, we're increasing our healthspen and we're making sure our brain works, you know, well into the later years. And so yeah, we can talk definitely about the cellular science of like why that is.
Speaker 3: But let's talk a little bit about this study that you discovered in Finland. These cardiac patients. What did they say was the reason for their heart healing? Was it because the effects of sona is a detox you're sweating impurities out or was there something that was more directed at the heart healing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are basically two things going on that that bring these these outcomes to the whole body, to the whole person. And one is as you said, it's detox. So we're removing poisons from the cells and the body. The body is designed to detox from the inside out, not really from the outside d So there are ways to detox from sort of.
Speaker 7: The outside in.
Speaker 2: You can take uh, you know, you can do like colonics and you can take you can do juice cleanses and things like that. But then the mental way that you go into every cell of the body, the deepest organs of the body and you remove poisons and toxes for them is with heat, and it's because when you heat up the cell by three degrees for a period of minutes, of produces what's called a heat shock protein. These are not normally there. You have to heat up the cell quite a bit for quite a while to do that. When you do that, these heat shock proteins are produced by the cell and they help make cell detox more efficient and really effective. But they also do another thing. They also refold misfolded proteins and move them around in the cell, and that has a cellular rejuvenation, a cellular reoptimization effect. So we're not just cleaning up the cell with detox, we're also fixing how the proteins work. And the proteins in the body are like the line.
Speaker 7: Workers in the body.
Speaker 2: They're doing all of the hard work, and they're very complicated structures. If you've looked at them ever, you know, in biology class or something. They're these very complicated structures that are supposed fit lock and key, like a lock in a keyhole with each other, and that's how they talk and communicate and do their jobs. But most you know, probably like twenty or thirty percent of the proteins. As soon as they're made by the ribosome and the cell, they're already misfolded, so they're already not able to do.
Speaker 7: Their job perfectly well.
Speaker 2: But when the heat shock proteins are produced, they go in and they refold them, make them beautiful again, and get them working perfectly. So when we do sauna in every cell of the body, we cleanse the cell and we re optimize cellular function. So in this study, they were looking at cardiac disease and heart attack, and they saw that the risks of these two things went down dramatically. But if you look at other areas of research into s there's so many studies now thousands, really, you see a general reduction and risk of disease. So that's why we can kind of set back and say, look, it's actually a reduction in all causes of mortality you know that are not trauma related, all disease types. You know, everything is getting better when we do sauna. And that's because it's not just affecting the heart or the blood vessels. It's affecting literally every cell of the body and making it work better and purifying it. And if we step back out of the allopathic model and into more of the functional medicine wellness model. We start to understand that we're not deficient in drugs as like the cause of our illness or not being well. The body is this perfect, perfectly divinely designed system that has unlimited healing power inside of it. It just needs these like really simple things from nature to work really well. So disease or wellness is much better described as a harmony or disharmony in the internal environment and also in the external environment. And in terms of the internal environment, if there's a bunch of gun clogging out the cells, they just don't work well and they cause and there's as there's damage that the cell devolves and degenerates and doesn't work well. So with sauna we're improving all of the functions of the cell in a sense, and we're also you know, purifying the temple so things work really well. No, no different than a car and you can't just fuel it up.
Speaker 3: What are we're talking about in terms of a therapeutic approach. Are we saying general wellness somebody who's okay, doesn't have a chronic illness should do it once a week, once every two weeks. What is a maintenance for for general wellness. And then on the same note, somebody who's perhaps chronically ill, has arthritis, has a degenerative condition, what's the story for them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they which is actually the same.
Speaker 2: So I have been using my product for over ten years and I still use it three or four days a week when I'm on the home front. The challenge is that we live in a really, really toxic world nowadays that our ancestors didn't even really deal with. They understood sauna was not just a luxury. It's this really powerful tool for wellness and also for like brain health and for like calming the nervous system, and it has so many other effects beyond just making yourselves work well. But nowadays it becomes not just a luxury but really essential. We're exposed to so many things due to modern technology and poor quality water and poor quality food that we need to constantly detox. We need to constantly be proactive and on the leading edge of keeping our bodies clean, and there is no more effective way to do that than sauna. So if you're sick or if you're well, you're going to benefit from using a sauna. So like if you if you are really if you're if you're dealing with a lot of issues, you're going to see really amazing improvement. If you're already really healthy and really optimized, when you go into the sauna, you'll benefit more from the the like improve cognitive function and improve sleep, and improve function of your cardiovascular system. And for me, yeah, definitely being pretty healthy. There's a noticeable difference after I use a song in the morning or my brain function, Like I'm just I'm more zen, more grounded, I'm more present, I have more more energy, And you know that effects. It influences everything you do, whether you're an athlete and you're into performance optimization, or you're trying to recover, you know, after a work app or you're just like most people just kind of stress out and and you are trying to relax your nervous system, get it out of this fight or flight state and into.
Speaker 7: A rest and digest and heal state.
Speaker 2: So even uh, you know, people who are really taking care of their health, most of them are using some kind of sauna.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I think in the beginning you said sweat out, was it a quart of water?
Speaker 7: Every sound of water a pound?
Speaker 3: How do you gauge a pound of water? Is it just? Is that just that you've been sweating consistently for fifteen minutes and that equals a quart of water? A gallon of water?
Speaker 7: Scoos, Yeah, yeah, kind of.
Speaker 2: I mean you can be kind of left brain in the beginning and you could actually weigh yourself before and after the station. Yeah, your your weight loss would be your sweat loss, so you could you could figure it out that way. But after you do it for a while, yeah, Cliffy, just you see the sweat rolling off of you and and you reach that point where you know you've you've sweat enough. It's pretty much you know, the same. You can if you're wanting to also measure their temperature increase. You can use an instant read thermometer and measure yourself before and during the session. You can kind of get a feeling for, oh wow, this is like three degree temperature increase. This is what it feels like. This is how my sweat response is. So you can measure those two outcomes really easily with some really affordable tools. You're also trying to reach a state of subjective exhaustion, and that's where you kind of feel uncomfortable. It's kind of it's like when you work out, and you work out, you do something really hard and you are you get tired, you get you get uncomfortable. When you do that, you produce dinorphans, and dinorphans lead to the production of endorphins afterwards. That feeling of elation that you get after the workout, that I feel great, feel amazing, that corresponds to how many dinorphans you produce sort of during that stage of discomfort at the end. So that's the ones subjective outcome that you're going for a sauna session, But practically after you do it, you know, you know what it takes to get to that point, and that's kind of the goal of every sauna session. But it's also beneficial to vary things up. You know, I don't I do use it most days of the week, but sometimes I do a shorter session, sometimes I do a longer session. Once in a while, I do two songs in one day. There's some newer research showing a very dramatic increase in production of growth hormone naturally in the body when you do a sauna twice in a day. So you know, there's different ways you can vary it up, and there's other benefits to to sauna, but essentially it's great for everybody and the it doesn't matter what sauna technology you use, that's the outcome you're going for. You could even if you couldn't afford a sauna, you could put you could fill your baths up up with really really hot water and get inside and you'll sweat and you'll get a really nice whole body hypothermia. So that's the you know, that's the outcome of all sauna sessions. It's not about how hot the room is or anything about the environment. All that matters is what is the effect on my body. Yeah, and so with my technology, that process is just a lot faster.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I want to talk about your tech here in a second, because it's pretty revolutionary. But I do water fast every quarter every year, four times a year, which where I won't eat anything for a week and then on Monday I do moneys of each week, I do like a a short fast. But what is the difference of fasting without eating food and which is a detox and sauna Because sauna is the inside sweating out, whereas for me, the detox through fasting is the body inside the organs in the in the system begins to clean itself out because you're shutting off your digestive system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so uh, that's called autopogy or autophagy. So it's that's a wonderful benefit of of doing a good fast and I'm a huge fan of that. It actually complements sauna extremely well. So the cell is already trying to detox all the time. When you fast, you basically remove the digestive burden on the body, and the meta metabolism kind of changes. And after you fast long enough, you get to the point where the amount of autophogy so cell turnover, the cell starts making new parts of itself and discarding and eliminating detoxing, you know, the the old used stuff, the the extra stuff.
Speaker 7: It uh, it's it's something.
Speaker 2: That's going on all the time, but there's not really heat shock protein involvement. When you he eat up the cell, you bring in basically this extraordinary the special forces of detox they're coming in and they're they're accelerating and helping make detox a lot more efficient, a lot more effective, and particularly like uh, you know, one of the other things that sauna does is improves blood flow. It vasodilates your blood vessels, so it improves blood flow, and it improves tissue oxygenation. But it's also with improved blood flow giving the cells more blood to remove toxins through, so you get more blood flow, and then you have these special forces going in and really accelerating the cellular detox that the cell can't do nearly as well on its own.
Speaker 3: So there you're saying that the sauna actually turns on special healing forces within the body to extract Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's activating the production of these special forces that are normally not working a resting bodies. I'm sure they don't exist in the cell.
Speaker 3: Really interesting, you have to.
Speaker 2: Heat up the cell long enough and then they get produced, and then they go in and have this additive, like really powerful assisting role to help the cell do the job that it's already trying to do all the time.
Speaker 3: Hmm. Fascinating. Before we go in, I want to talk a little bit about your personal journey. But before we go there, let's talk about cognitive enhancement. And you touched on that a little bit. When we do a sauna how does it help the brain. Of course we know that it is clearing toxins throughout the blood system and most of the organs are doing probably a dump. But what else do we know about cognitive function and it's and SNA's ability to address that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it One of the things heat does is to the nerve cells. If we're talking about cognitive function, we're talking about the brain and the nervous system in general. Is it It promotes production of brain derived neurotropic factor BDNF, And that's kind of like a miracle grow for your brain. It's this important like protein that the brain uses to improve its functions. So when you what we see in the research is when you use SONA frequently, it improves your cognitive function across the board. So talking about memory, memory, recall, decision making, responsiveness, you know, whether you're in a conversation with a family member or you're on the field, you know, playing soccer, there's there's a there's a sharpness that you get and so we call that overall improve cognitive function, and it's very well demonstrated.
Speaker 7: So the brain.
Speaker 2: The BDNF effect is one effect. The other effects are just as important though, cleaning the brain of toxins. We're exposed to so much, you know, so many heavy metals and chemicals like round up, glyphosate and even like nanoparticles nowadays and plastic and just like that would mess up any other organ it also messes up the brain, and you know, like like Alzheimer's for example, can also be called type three diabetes. So it's also aspects of our diet lead to build up of pollution basically in the brain, and it doesn't work as well. So when we're detoxing the brain and improving blood flow to it, it also has, you know, this sort of collaborative effect on the nervous system. It's also very calmly to the nervous system. So you also see some research in using sauna to help people with neuropathy and people with neuro degenerated disease like fibromyalgia and things like that, where it's helping ameliorate symptoms and helping people just improve the functioning and the plasticity of the nervous system.
Speaker 3: I love the idea that the brain is affected by this sauna technique because we don't pay enough attention to our brains, and I think this is why there's a huge episode of Alzheimer's in dementia going on right now. We just don't think about it, and we most of us eat crap, exercise enough, and so we're just turning into a garbage can and a walking garbage can, which is just really, really bad. Also, one of the things that you write about, or you mentioned in this brief outline that I read, is that it's good for weight loss. You can actually lose some weight and benefit from that as well.
Speaker 8: Talk a little bit about Yeah, so sauna does it initially is a sympathetic activity, so it activates your nervous system.
Speaker 2: It's really equivalent a good saua session's equivalent to like between a seventy and one hundred kilowatt workout, So that's that's like going on a good run for twenty minutes or something. So you're just sitting there in the sauna doing nothing, just being you know, just relaxing, and but your body is increasing heart rate, increasing blood flow, and you know, stimulating various cellular responses that lead to.
Speaker 7: Weight loss.
Speaker 2: So it's also a very safe way to address you know, getting rid of like unwanted body fat, like that the body uses fat to hide toxins. The body can detox something if it has the energy and reserves to do so, but if it's overwhelmed with toxins, like it is for so many people all the time, it'll take a toxin and surround it by with fat cells. So when we have a lot of unwanted fat on our body that we're trying to dump and get rid of, it's a detoxification process. Again, we're not just burning the fat for metabolism. We're also dealing with this dump of toxins that comes out. So when we're in the sauna, we're able to sort of process that in a lot more ideal fashion and help the body and assist it in getting rid of these toxins that are hidden in the adipose tissue. So, yeah, the sauna is a great way to compliment someone who's on the journey of like trying to lose weight.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about Brian Richards's journey wellness journey. You were in a bad place there for a while. Talk a little bit about what happened where you were at and kind of the result of your therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was sort of at the end of my college career, I gotten into rental real estate. I thought I was going to be a king of real estate. I didn't think about the emotional aspects of being a landlord and all that. I'm just not I quickly realized I'm not built for that. I just love to make beautiful things. You build things, But.
Speaker 3: You weren't a good land manager.
Speaker 2: No, I'm good at managing the property, but the people it was, it was just not. My heart wasn't in it. I'm a nice person overall. So it is in the midst of that that I had these health concerns come up. So I was dealing with what's called adrenal fatigue. So it was really lethargic, low energy. It was kind of irascible and bad mood, you know. And I also had acne insomnia and I would just lay there in bed. It would take a long time to fall asleep. And my mother is a functional medical doctor. She's a general practice, but really focused on wellness for a long time. And she actually said, you know what, Brian, you're probably just toxic. You probably need to get a sauna in detox. And I was so I took her a recommendation and went online and found some of this amazing research. And during my research I also found doctor Kellogg's electric light bath. So this is the brother of the guy who invented Kellogg's cornflakes. Doctor Kellogg had a spa in Biocreek, Michigan in the early twentieth century, and right after electric light bulbs were invented, the incandescent type, the original type. He saw these light bulbs and he was like, these are amazing. Let's make a sauna with them. There's something special about the light and something special about it how it heats up the body better than a traditional sauna. So he tested this on fifty thousand patients and logged all of it, wrote a book about it called light Therapeutics that was published in nineteen oh five.
Speaker 7: So we're talking about it.
Speaker 3: Because I was remembering Kellogg was like turn of the century, like the early nineteen hundreds, So this goes way back.
Speaker 2: This is over one hundred and twenty years old, and he was actually a part of a cohort of scientists and doctors and researchers who were using electric light bulbs for healing in the early twentieth century at the same time as Tesla. This was when there was a lot of really cool, really effective wellness technology that was being used in America before the rise of allopathic medicine, the publication of the Flexner Report and the rise of the medical doctor is the only type of medical care, and the rise of the FDA, and all of this stuff got lost in time along with chiropractic. And you know, there used to be like spas all across the US where you go and you'd sit in the healing waters and you get massages and you do different therapies and all that stuff kind of disappeared for a long time. And now we've in the last few decades we've kind of rediscovered.
Speaker 7: All of it.
Speaker 2: So anyway, doctor Kellogg, he's known for a lot of funny things, and he was an experimenter. You know, he was trying outside. This was one of his best experiments. He had such a credible success in healing all types of chronic disease that he came up against uh and literally documented, you know, over fifty thousand chronically O patients. So I found this concept and a modern sort of rendition, and I built my own. I was like, I'll just build this and and I used it right before bed and I slept well.
Speaker 3: Dude, you must be pretty handy just to build your own sauna. What did you do? You like pull some sheets together and create like the first enclosure and then you lit it up or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I was. I had a couple.
Speaker 2: I bought a couple of painters cloths, you know, from the store. Ok, and I yeah, I wired up a bunch of heat lamps and the frame was made of plumbing pipe.
Speaker 7: I mean it was. It was super.
Speaker 2: It was very brick alage, you know, it was very ugly, and it was amazing. Like I consider in that, like we're literally one use before bed and I slept well, ma, insomnia is gone. So the same night I do The next night, I do the same thing, same result. I go to sleep quickly, wake up incredibly well rested, and I was like wow. So I continued to use it for six months, and it took about that much time, maybe a little less, but I had this slow awakening and realization that wow, I didn't even know I had brain fog before I actually did, because my mind was super clear, and my mood had changed, my positivity and my patience and just drive. And on top of that, my skin looked really awesome. That acne I had, it was only on the back of my body, like where my kidneys are, so that all went away and so like complete rejuvenation. And really all I was doing was just sitting in this thing, and I wasn't going to working out and taking a bunch of supplements, and it was really just this one thing. And there was also I did change my diet a little bit and kind of got away from eating a lot of bread and carbs and sort of you know, any of that process type stuff. But as a as one like healing practice that I was doing, and I was really blown away at how easy this was. And I looked around and there was no electric light bath, Like where is this son of technology? Why couldn't I have just purchased this? And that kind of led to the inspiration for the formation of the company. I started making a few for friends and family, and eventually I was like, I got this doctor's endorsement and and I wanted to take it seriously, and I basically just dropped my tools in the rental house I was working on, and I formed the company and made a website and got a credit card gateway and stuff, and the rest is an exciting even though it was a very tumultuous entrepreneurial story to get me to now I'm you know, I'm speaking to you in my factory here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see your your shop. They're amazing. We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Brian Richards, discussing sauna and light therapies. We'll be right back. My guess today is Brian Richards, the founder of Sauna Space, a sauna company in Missouri, and he is discussing the benefits of biohacking your health using heat through light therapy and the benefits of detoxing by using saunas. Talk a little bit about the bulb technology, because on your website, you know, they look like red bulbs with just the regular kind of setup. They're not unusual, but I'm sure they're manufactured in a different manner.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What we use is is incandescent light, and that's different from all the other saunas out there and all the other light therapies. There where a sauna that incorporates light and heat therapy together. The heart of the technology is our what I used to call our Thermali bulb, But Cliff, we're actually rebranding in September, and I'll go ahead and tell you the new name. It's gonna be called the fire Light Bulb. But basically what it is is a bold that I developed over three or four years. So I took the original heat lamp like doctor Kellogg used, and I did testing and experiments to improve the light therapy component of it. So the film inside is redesigned and improved to emit more near and for ad light than a regular heat lamp, and so that results in more radiant heating of the body and a lot more light therapy, which we haven't talked about.
Speaker 7: But after that.
Speaker 2: Sort of product development process had completed, I introduced this in my twenty eighteen I think, and it's been an amazing success ever since. You know, the original song that I use was doctor Kellogg's heat lamps. You know that you can get that are just you know, widely available, but.
Speaker 7: Ours is.
Speaker 2: Basically purpose design for human therapy. It's also a handmade bulb with mouth blown, hand rolled glass. So there's a lot of love and attention behind the the making of it, but ultimately it's it's an improvement on the original light bulb, and in general, the concept is to use light that mimics the light of nature as the light source for these healing therapies. So incandescent light is what is the only type of light we find in nature, and that's the sun. The Sun is an incandescent light source that basically, when you heat a material up hot and nature, it glows, you know, like the fire or the sun, and the temperature of the light source de termines the spectrum. So you can see this and coate this and measure it from the Sun, and you can see that the Sun has a little bit has ultraviolelight, blue light, red light, it has all the and all the infrared. What we've done is we've said, hey, let's use let's mimic the Sun, but let's remove the ultravioletlight in the blue light, the ultraviolight in the blue light are the super high energy wavelengths of the Sun that are damaging to us. Now, ultraviolight has some benefit in promoting vitamin DE production in the body, but at the same time it's also mutagenic. It damages your DNA. Thankfully, from the Sun, you get a little bit of that damage from ultraviolet light, and you get this huge dose of near infrared that stimulates mitochondrial responses in the body that heal us that are anti inflammation, They promote regeneration and anti aging and do with these amazing things in the cells. And that's because fundamentally we're light beings. We're beings of light, and we literally consume light directly from the Sun for energy and for a lot of healing in the cell. And so the sun, so the fire light bulb is mimicking the Sun, but without the ultrabiolight and the blue and the Sun's the rest of the sun spectrum what's called the fire light spectrum. It's a little bit of red and a lot of near infrared, and a little bit of minute forred, and a little bit of fire thread and nearing forred. Actually is about seventy percent of the power we absorb from the Sun. So our experience with the Sun is mostly about near infrared and certain there's two pieces of near infrared. One, the higher energy portion stimulates light therapy results like what people commonly refer to as red light therapy, and then the other portion of the near infrared ban is radiant heat that heats you from within, so it's heat that's going in deeply into the body and heating you as the sun does from the inside out. We're not using the air in the room to heat us up in a sauna space, unlike traditional saunas or fire for its sawas, we're using light itself that goes deep into the body to promote this healing. So I saw this concept with doctor Kellogg, and I took it and modernized the bulb and did a lot of purpose driven design, and like the design of the sauna itself incorporated like EMF shielding and the grounding mat and a Faraday enclosure system that's optional that like blocks out all the cell phone and Wi Fi and Bluetooth, because I was trying to recreate this ancestral experience as much as possible.
Speaker 7: If you go back to the wellness.
Speaker 2: Paradigm and allopathic versus more natural functional approach to our wellness, it's these simple things in nature that the body needs, not just one or two, but all of them. So like with light, we want light in its natural form. It's not just one wavelength or a portion of the spectrum. It's really as much as possible the full spectrum version of it. You know what they call in science the cacophony effect. When you when you take vitamin C out of an orange and you fractionate it, separate it. You can give a high dose of that to someone, and that can be really helpful if you're sick. But there's no question that if you know you just eat the orange every day, if you just have things more in their natural state. You're eating natural food, you're getting natural light, clean water, and you're using a sauna and doing other things that are the way our ancestors lived and the way human biology is programmed to be in you have an amazing formula for wellness and this and the stimuli the things of your bodies needs are are really simple, and the number one need is light. The number one nutrient is light. Our bodies are much less biochemical than they are electromagnetic.
Speaker 3: We're actually we don't have the technology to feed or understand how the body is absorbing light and process see it, because we don't we don't have the tech. But you're describing how our ancestors understood this, and what you've done apparently is developed the filament of the bulb and put and a coating that creates uh, what sunlight would you say.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm uh, I like, I like calling it the firelight spectrum. So it's sunlight without the ultraviolet light and the blue light without the damaging without the damaging. Yeah, and it's it's mostly in the film that there's no coding to the bulb. It's just, uh, it's what's called hard quartz glass. So everything about the bulb is like pro in design. Even the glass itself is not the cheap soft glass. It's quartz glass, which is a high frequency material among materials. But yeah, it's it's basically taking the full healing complement of of the wavelengths of the sun that are really nourishing to us, whether it's a heat therapy effect or light therapy effect, and it's giving the body what it means, it also as an antioxidant effect, Like most of the body's melatonin is made with near and for a light from the sun or from a sauna's face bowl, that's the body's number one antioxidant and that's in every cell of the body. So the sun is doing so many things for us. It's also filling our antioxidant reserves. But nowadays, let's face a cliff like we don't get enough sunlight. The average American gets I think like seven minutes of sunlight a day maybe, And so we got to figure out, like how can we in our modern lives thrive and sort of replace these missing things that our bodies biology hasn't changed really much at all, still needs these things. So that's been my approach to the sauna is, hey, let's do sauna in a lot faster fashion because we use radiant near and for a light to heat the body, you don't have to preheat the sauna space sauna. You just get in, you turn the lights on, and the heat's going really deeply into the body from the first second, and you sweat way faster and you're done way faster. The sauna session is usually like thirty minutes in a regular sauna because you use the air to heat the body, you have to preheat it an hour and stay in there an hour. So like three sna sessions a week, you know from the research, that's a six hour time investment versus with with sauna space it's like an hour and a half. Or with our supersaua system of seven bulbs, it's like fifteen minutes and that's something that wow, they anyone could do.
Speaker 7: Everybody has time for that.
Speaker 1: So do you have you.
Speaker 3: Patented your light bulb? Brian? Have you sounds like you've been researching the effects of certain filaments that produce this radiation and light. Is it? Is it your own brand now or is it a company that you work with?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, it's it's it's our own proprietary bulb. It's it took a long time.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of time, a lot of research.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was sometimes I thought it was maybe not worth it, but yeah, it's our own special bulb that we have it handmade for us. It's not made in my facility here, but it's made to a certain specification.
Speaker 7: That's yeah, that's really neique to us.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is great. I want to move on to in the time we have left two things. I want to talk about light therapy, specifically red light therapy. I've known about it for about twenty years, haven't. I've used it in some of the early small flashlights. But talk about light therapy, and then let's finish up with how people can learn more about sun a space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, just echoing my comments earlier. We're beans of light. We eat light and we use it for energy and for healing, and most of the light we're designed to get as near and for end So red light therapy and near infrared light therapy are the same thing. They're both defined as it's defined as the use of red and near infrared light to heal damage cells and reoptimized function of healthy cells. This system is based on the mitochondria, the little batteries of the cell. They're in every cell of the body except red blood cells, so we have it in every organ system. And the mitochondria has a light receptor protein on it called the cytochrome that means cell of light. So when near and for a light hits the mitochondria, it activates a ton of amazing healing effects. So you get anti inflammation, regeneration, you get antiaging, so you improve the how the DNA is read and how the cell makes parts of itself.
Speaker 7: That's literally anti aging.
Speaker 2: You have immune modulation effects, so it makes your immune system like function better.
Speaker 7: It has metal.
Speaker 3: Let me stop you real quickly, we're not talking about sonobath. We're talking about another kind of light direction. How would it be applied to the body.
Speaker 2: So you can go out in the sun and be and whatever part of your bodies that is exposed, you're getting it right in. But yeah, in terms of modern technology really up to you have three categories. You have lasers, which are extremely high power, very targeted, and you're going to use them for a very short amount of time. And you also and the second category are LEDs, which again are very pretty high powered and are being used for shorter duration. And then you have incandescent light, which is the way the Sun creates light, and it's also many near and FRED light, but not through LED or laser technology. Those are like electricity runs through a computer chip and fluoresces one wavelength. It's a you know, it's more of an artificial type of light. The incandescent gold produces the power distribution of near infrared and red that is much more aligned with what we get from the sun. But it doesn't really matter what your sources. If you have a photon of near and FRED light and it hits the cells mitochondria, it activates these effects. Now it should be we should explain real quick the difference between red and near infrared. Most people think of red light therapy, and that's it. Most of the red light therapy is actually in the near infrared, which are unseen wavelengths. These are just beyond red light in the spectrum and we don't see them with our eyes, but they have the same effect in the body. And red light doesn't go very deeply into the body. So if you see all these red light therapy panels and red light therapy caps and devices, their led based. It's only treating the skin and the very surface level tissue. Near and FRED light, among all the wavelengths of the sun, goes deepest into the body. It goes like several inches into the body actually, and only near and fread light penetrates bone tissue.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is really interesting.
Speaker 2: So if we want to do light therapy on our brains and nourish our brain and give it all this awesome healing, we have to use nearfread light, not red light. That's why Sauna space our focus has been mostly on the NEARONFRED light. There's a little bit of red, but it's again like the sun, mostly near infrared, So you can do this with any of these technologies. Ours is really cool because of the EMF shielding and the sort of the it's not just about the form of the light. It's about the quality of the light. And this light feels like the bonfire. It feels amazing. So it's not just having this like therapeutic effect. It has a very nourishing calling zen provoking feeling to the human body and the human you know, human nervous system.
Speaker 3: So this sounds pretty cool. So you're going in, You're doing the sauna space unit and you're getting the sweat, but you're also getting the light frequency for the healing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're getting these two things that are really staples of staying well. Now a days detox and get all those other benefits of sauna, and you get this daily dose of the most powerful nutrient you could possibly get, which is near and for a light and it has this it activates this healing system that is designed to be activated every day in the body. You get both of those in the most efficient use of your time you possibly could because of the technology that we use.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, So we told we heard the story of you building your own snabath with the painter's cloths and everything. What has it evolved to? Now? What are we looking at when we go to your website talk about your product?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you go to the website Sauna dot space, you can see the product there. It's it's it's an evolution of design that's been going on for over a decade now. So it's important that the materials be organic so you don't have to deal with off gassing of chemicals. So all of our construction is either solid bass wood or stainless steel in the hardware, and then the sauna itself is a tense so it's a portable, easy to set up sauna that just plugs in anywhere. Give us some dimensions, Brian, Yeah, it's it's four feet wide on the front, it's four feet deep. It's only two feet wide on the back, so it forms a trapezoid on the floor, and so it fits in any home, in any room, and it's really easy to set up. The bottom of it has a bamboo mat that's a grounding mat that's connected to the ground of the light pounds, so you get grounding therapy as well, and that that has a cool effect. You know when we walk barefoot on the earth, it has this calming effect our nervous system. There's a lot of science behind that, so we've incorporated that into the sauna and it has a little curtain on the front that opens and closes, so when you go inside, you're just surrounded by all these natural elements. There's no there's no bluetooth or track lighting or TVs or anything. It's it's all just to be this maximally rejuvenating, calming experience, like aesthetically. So it's very beautiful and elegant. Because we're humans, we don't want just function, we want form. We want things to be beautiful around us. We want to have an experience. So when you get inside the sauna, there's a light panel that has four of our firelight bulbs on it, or you can upgrade that to seven. But are sauna panels that the Yeah, the standard one has four two hundred and fifty watt firelight bulbs.
Speaker 7: So you get this.
Speaker 2: Powerful heating and light therapy on the body, and you sit on one of our custom made woodstools and you rotate every few minutes kind of to get exposure all the way around and heat up the body really fast, and you're done, like faster than you can believe.
Speaker 3: That sounds great, now, Is it a regular plug in? You can put it in a wall outlet or do you need to have special power requirements to get this thing going on?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it plugs directly into the regular.
Speaker 3: Outlet, really and you have two four well lamps to.
Speaker 2: Two fifty watt and we have in both voltages. So in the US we use one twenty volt. Most of the other countries in the world, like Europe and our customers in Australia and stuff, they use to forty volts. So we offer two versions of the bulb. You just select the plug type you want, you know, on the product page. But we we have our our electrical device works worldwide. You just have to have the correct voltage of bulb and regardless of voltage, it's all two hundred fifty watts per Bold. But yeah, wherever you are in the world, is just plug in your outlet and work like a normal thing.
Speaker 3: Sounds very cool and very seamless. Like you you put up a little mini tint, you hang the lights, you put the chair down, you're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, But when you get inside, it's uh, you have to try it out. It's an experiential thing and it's it's really amazing. Many people, maybe I won't say many, some people avoid sauna because they think maybe it's like stressful or really intense, you know, and they're like, uh, and it's not going to be enjoyable. And this is very different. The light therapy is very calming to your nervous system. That's another aspect of light therapies that relaxes your nervous system. And you just have this very like rejuvenating experience. You get out of a sauna spased on. You feel joyful, you feel energized, and you feel you know, very calm in your mind. And it's it's not this like stressy thing that you have to get done. It's it's something that you definitely will be looking forward to.
Speaker 3: Now, you've obviously created different versions from the original design that you came up with. What version are you on right now?
Speaker 2: I mean I'm I'm on version thirty or forty by now really, because I was gonna say this.
Speaker 3: You've evolved the light, the bulb.
Speaker 7: Every component of the sauna. It's it's been a.
Speaker 2: You know, in parallel development everything. So originally are you know the Yeah, the original saunas were not emf shielded at all and didn't have a mat, there was no stool, it wasn't organic fabric it was. It wasn't bass wood, which is the most hypologenic wood. And there's a lot of a lot of like just little subtle design features that that have just evolved and been incorporated over time to make it easier and easier, easier to set up the poles unscrew in half now, so it's more portable, and and yeah, there's there's more and more coming out Like this fall. We're coming out with our own towel system, so it's like a custom a towel for the sauna and and a custom made towel for the stool. And like our portable light that used to be called the Photon, it's going to be called the Glow soon.
Speaker 3: Let me stop you real quickly. Is the unit portable so you can take it, say you were going up to where I'm here, the ski country is Tahoe up in the hills. Can you take it from your home in the Bay area and drive it up to a cabin and set it up at a cabin or is it not really that portable?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, it absolutely is.
Speaker 2: It's it's about sixty five pounds, so even though it's all organic and natural, it's something that'll fit easily in your backseat of your car. It all breaks down, and yeah, you can transport it everywhere. And we even have our I was just about to mention our portable lights. I don't know if I can show you this on the camera here it is. Oh yeah, so we have these too in there.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: That's another part of our evolution of our design is we used to use somebody else's desk. This is attached to a monitor desk arm you know that.
Speaker 3: Well, so you have natural lighting for by itself for a room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are used for targeted therapy on the body, so local relief of symptoms. But they're used at the computer for screen fatigue because they cancel out blue light and flickering light from all these LEDs that we have indoors all the time. So it optimizes the lighting environment at work. At home, you can use it for clean light after dark. You can use it for like the vibe you know of a firelight. Oh yeah, when you're doing yoga or you're reading a book, you know whatever. Human homes used to have fireplaces. Everybody used to have a fireplace or a stove, and before that we all had had a fire at night and it wasn't just about cooking our food. It's it was this practice that we have of connection and and calm and you know, relaxation and coming together again at the end of the day. And so you can kind of mimic that with our portable lights or even some people get our sauna panels and put them in the living room literally as a fireplace, and all that is bringing this light that we have outdoors in nature that we're that we're designed to get all the time, and bringing it indoors and making it really easy and accessible. So we have it in where we live indoors nowadays most of the time, and which is something that we weren't originally program for.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Hey, as we conclude, Brian, give us a few case studies of clients that have used your product. Maybe they were open enough to describe their condition and what what occurred following a series of sessions with the sauna space.
Speaker 2: Wow, there's so many cliff I would I can mention it.
Speaker 3: To give us the Medius ones.
Speaker 2: If you if you go to our websites on a dot space and you go to the product pages, you can read those in depth.
Speaker 7: And there's so many that are so fascinating.
Speaker 2: But we're talking about stories of people who have like full recoveries from MS and fibromyalgia, to people who are like have severe depression and anxiety issues resolving that people reverse their hashimotos And you know, I can't make medical claims clip.
Speaker 7: These are the customers' stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then we're not asking you to say, I'm just curious what conditions people felt that the sauna space would actually work with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so those are some of them.
Speaker 2: Neuropathic issues, a lot of people just dealing with pain, just have joint pain and muscle pain and have huge relief from that, and tons of stories on big improvements and quality of sleep, and sleep is so important to keep the body, you know, every night to heal the body and regenerate, and so improving your sleep, just improving that has this cascade of amazing effects on your health. People with skin issues, usually skin is the first thing to resolve. So people dealing with egzima and psoriasis, those are signs of inner toxicity, you know, right, and so when we clean the out from the outside in, the skin is usually the first thing to improve. And there's more and more and more, Like if you go if you could just pick the disease category and you can go on the website and actually search, you know, a key word in the reviews and you'll find what you're looking for. Also, people who are dealing with infectious disease, you know, people get the flu or get something like that, that you can use the sauna and the light therapy.
Speaker 7: You can use that to have a speedier recovery. So that does have.
Speaker 3: Immune effective properties, is what you're suggesting.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, Like when the body breaks out in a fever, it's activating its own heat shock protein response naturally. So we're in with the sauna, we're promoting a man made fever intentionally because we know the body uses that as a way to heal itself. And actually that's what that's my personal recommendation if you ever start feeling sick, you know, with a with the flu or something like that, as to fast like you said, and just drink just drink like water and electrolytes like salt water, right, and to use a sauna and just to kind of support and boost that that immune system response. That's the sauna research. Also the light therapy research. The light therapy has been shown to help with hypoxia like in the covid era you know, people were dealing with and still nowadays like not getting enough oxygen to the tissues due to the effects you know, of the of the infection and people completely recovering from pneumonia, you know, viral induced pneumonia and other things and not needing to be hospitalized. By using red light and near for red light, so nearing for a light and red light, they activate nitric oxide release out of the cells and they modulate the immune system.
Speaker 7: That means they make the immune.
Speaker 2: System work better, so it responds faster and then it kind of relaxes and recovers faster because you don't you don't want too much immune response because then you get like autoimmune type is choosing so light therapy and so on. It in their own ways have a powerful like regulating optimizing effects on the immune system.
Speaker 3: Amazing. The company is Sauna Space. My guest today has been Brian Richards. As we close, you're impressing us with impressing me actually ha with this product. What would you like to tell people about this product that you've developed? And by the way, when did the company start? When did you actually launch this Sauna.
Speaker 7: Space in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: Oh, fairly recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a lot of people ask I guess we have a direct evidence here that I'm in the factory. I'm in Missouri. So we're based in Columbia, Missouri. All of our products are handmade here with a lot of love and attention, and we're all about the product experience. You know, We're not just into selling something here. We want you to be really supported in your healing journey as much as possible in the use of our products. So you get we have in house customer support. You can call us up five days a week, and you can email and chat whenever you want, and we're there with you for the lifetime of your use of the product with our customer success reports. So we're Our interest is that you remember that you're a limited light being and you have everything you need inside, and it's just the process of remembering using light and heat to empower you to take control of your wellness at home and in a way that's fun and beautiful and yeah, supporting the supporting American business. It's all handmade here in the Midwest.
Speaker 3: Very cool. I really love that the whole idea and the technology sounds brilliant. It sounds like you're constantly evolved as you're discovering new aspects of the LightWave energy. So hey, Brian, thanks for your time. I really appreciate you being on the program.
Speaker 7: Thank you Cliff for having me grateful.
Speaker 3: I want to mention that you can also go to your neighborhood, Jim. I belong to a gym that does have a traditional wood sauna and I use that occasionally. I'm going to actually use it a lot more after speaking to Brian, simply because it really does a wonderful job of detoxing, especially when you work out. And I belong to a gym where there's weights, where there's cardio machine, and there is a great pool too, so really nice to have that. So I'm more of a traditionalist, although the light therapy sounds really fascinated. I want to read more about this light system that he's developed with this company, Sauna Space, and I really suggest that you check out the website and what a wonderful way to begin your healing journey or adding it to your systems that you're incorporating into your wellness program. We really have to take our health into our own hands, and if we've really gotten out of balance and we're ill, chronically ill with aches and pains and stomach problems, lower intestine problems, skin problems, organ problems. You know, we go to our doctor, but we only listen to our doctor who has the determination. When you begin to use the drugs, it doesn't typically help. It actually aggravates a lot of conditions. And we'll talk more about that in a future program. But wow, the saunas are fabulous and if you can get into one once a week. I think I've been doing it once every two weeks or something. I have to make more time. I get to the gym and I typically do my weights and next day I'll do a cardio, but I typically do it too late, and I got to get back in there earlier so I can leave time to use the sauna. So this is the first and a number of biohacking basics, and we will have more coming up. And I want to just mention this. If you are looking for a physician, or you're looking for somebody who is more into the wellness not so much into the drugs of the allopathic method, look into your local acupuncturists, your chiropractor, and if you're fortunate a natural pathic physician. This is somebody who's gone through medical school, but the training is more on the body healing rather than drugs, surgery and radiation healing. It's kind of an ass backwards way to look at wellness and I so that's when you get That's one suggestion. The other suggestion is, if you're looking for weight loss, go to doctor Tina Moore mwore in her podcast t y Na and she is a natural pathic doctor who is has a free four part series on ozimpic and this is this new wonder drug that there's a lot of scare tactics out there that the pharmaceuticals companies don't want you to use it. There's scare tactics that it causes cancer, that it causes lower intestine problems. And this is because the therapy that they're using right now, and you'll hear this on doctor Tina's program, is overdosing people with high doses of this compound, these peptides. And if you microdose and I haven't done it yet, but we're gonna have somebody on the program talk about it, microdosing is the way to start. So getting the weight off relieves the heart relieves the organs relieves the body of excess fat and toxins, because when you're overweight, the fat hides and covers toxins, and this is a huge problem. So doctor Tina dot com or listen to her podcast, look for the four part series on Ozimpic. She's also got some other series that are free on finding your naturopathic physician. And she's also got some paid seminars that looked pretty good too, and I haven't done any of them yet, but this is something to consider. So we want to take wellness back into our own hands. We don't want to be reliant on an allopathic system that doesn't understand the body's healing system. And you know, it's funny because I've been doing fast every ques order every year, five to seven days, and it takes time to build up to them. You do it a couple of days, and then the next time you do three days forties. When I do a fast, and we're gonna have somebody on the program to talk about fasting, it is so rejuvenating. I feel like a different person. And that's just one of the biohacking techniques that we will address in the coming week. So there you go biohacking basics. Hey, if you're in need of a vacation and you want to do a short one week program, come with us to Mexico and discover the sacred temples of the Maya. It's November eighth through the seventeenth. This is a chance to connect with these ancient sites, these temples, these pyramids. And I got to tell you, there are a lot of places in Mexico and around the world where you cannot climb the pyramids, you cannot interact with the temples, you cannot walk among the buildings. We have selected a tour that is fabulous. It's in the Yucatan area, which includes chichinitza Ushmol, and then we'll be seeing smaller places, smaller cities like Labna, Sail and ekblam As among a number of others. This is a chance to connect, This is a chance to meditate, this is a chance to heal, and just being among these buildings brings back a lot of energy. So for more information on all of our tours, including this tour, go to Earth Ancients dot com, forward slash Tours and check out the entire itinerary. I also want to mention if you have any questions whatsoever on all any of our tours, send me an email. Send it to Earth Ancients the number four the letter you at Gmail, and I'll get right back to you. These are absolutely fabulous tours. We make sure the prices are kept low and one week chance to get away. Get to Mexico and it's a blast where we stay in Mereda, the capital of the Yucatan, and our guide is Mimo Gonzalez, a wonderful guy who I've been with for a number of years. We've been doing tours with him since twenty eighteen, I think maybe even earlier, so Earth Ancients dot com forward slash tours. All right, that's it for this program. I want to thank my guest today Brian Richards of Saana Space, as always a team of Gail Tour, Mark Foster and everyone who makes this thing happen. I really appreciate your help. All right, take care of be well and we will talk to you next time
Speaker 5: On