Speaker 1: Hanging out with you on a Saturday morning. Once again. It's five forty seven some change, Gary, Jeff Walker at your service, and the phone lines are five one, three seven four the big one. But you knew that. I'm sure you did. Uh. This is always one of the highlights. This is what really kick starts my morning. This, you know, gives me a little nudge in the backside, so to speak, and starts the engines. A conversation with our friend, the former Mametry. Now lady Lynette, Good morning, Lynette.
Speaker 2: Look what the Lord has done. Look what the Lord has done. He made the sabbage you must trustin. Oh they look what the Lord has done for you and me?
Speaker 1: A man aimen. That was wonderful. It was short, short and sweet. I like it. What's that?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 2: I had signers, drainings and too much screaming with That was yesterday And this is the best thing.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. Elvis was at Florence Park Care yesterday. How was the show?
Speaker 2: It was great? And he put those ladies around their eggs. And I had some kind of red drink and had little coconut chips.
Speaker 1: In it, coconut chips that no teeth.
Speaker 2: I felt very little chip chip going down my did articular last.
Speaker 1: Night going down your what.
Speaker 2: The reticulitis and no teeth to chew up them little coconut things in my drink. So I felt very little coconut peas going down do that?
Speaker 1: You know? I had my diverticulitis removed. How it was a complicated surgery. I guess, Well, the riticulitises is. Uh, it's a condition. It's terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pocket You've got those little pockets in your uh, in your colon or whatever, and and food gets trapped in there and they can cause a lot of problem. I'm do you do you really have that? That's awful?
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, oh no. I could eat on on the cop no kidding, But.
Speaker 1: Well, how can you eat one on the cop if you don't have any teeth?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, growing up, I could do on on the cob with guardic on it, no pain, but I wouldn't caught corn cut up corn. Yeah, it's like little rocks going down through the well.
Speaker 1: No, no, some corns. That sounds pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: Those skin on the coin is what your problem is. I can't have nothing with skin like lima bean pe but I got peas and baked bean.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's almost not worth living at.
Speaker 2: That point, but you get around it.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, So, Other than the diverticulitis, any other problems that you want to talk about this morning?
Speaker 2: Just a Bone County call. Now, you have petting zoo Wednesday. I didn't go out in. I said, I can't breathe in my room. It's gonna be worse out there.
Speaker 1: What kind of animals do they bring to the petting zoo?
Speaker 2: They said they had emu and I think it was a donkey's And at your horse and whatever goats?
Speaker 1: Did you ever get to ride a horse? You always wanted to ride a horse.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I'm allergic to them. I'm found that in eighty nine. I'm allergic to male horse pee. That's why I didn't take firs.
Speaker 1: You're allergic to male horse pee. I don't like it either, I guess not.
Speaker 2: By they give us girls male heartse p your keeep up from getting pregnant.
Speaker 1: I'd never heard of that in my life, Liam, Liam, Liam, Liam? Have you ever? Liam? Are you there first and foremost? Yes? Okay? Have you ever heard of giving horse pee to women to keep them from getting pregnant?
Speaker 2: They don't call it that to us. It's got a name, a chemical, but it's male heartspeak. Are you signed to call in.
Speaker 1: Maya? The urine of a male horse apparently is a a pregnancy prevention. What's that?
Speaker 2: In sixty eight I was definitely ill from them, and then in eighty nine they said you lay to male heartes urine.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh no, Well, I had no idea. I really had no idea. Well, if you're saying it, it must be you're You're more You're more definitive and accurate than the internet.
Speaker 2: To tell me.
Speaker 6: Said blush and.
Speaker 2: Telling men to go get lost. I couldn't have kids anyway, and I said, man, I'm taking child child, But how my person made it? Lord only nose.
Speaker 1: Lynette, have a wonderful day, dear, thank you. I hope the Boone County cough gets better. Thank you, love, that's fine, it's oh my gosh. For over eight years, QC Kinetics has been the nation's leader in non surgical relief for joint pain, with over fifty Producer Liam tells me that he buys juice from food trucks that are in parking lots of script clubs. There's one such strip club called deja vous, I believe, he said in Lexington, and he was going in the Gentleman's club. By the way, the liam they're not strip clubs, they're gentlemen's club and the girls are not strippers, they're adult entertainers. I would know this. But he asked me if I would buy juice in the parking lot of a strip club, and I thought it was an odd question. Then he further explained, and oh, okay, but no I wouldn't because I wouldn't be in the parking lot of a strip club because I don't go to strip club's, I e. Gentlemen clubs. I don't enjoy adult entertainers, not strippers. I think it's fine if you do, just never has been my cup of tea or juice. As the case may be, No Dick this morning, we'll have to find a way to make it without him into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, May seventeenth, twenty twenty five, creeping up on summer and Memorial Day. And oh man, time's fun when you're having flies, as they say, seven minutes after the hour. And this is an unusual first official hour because usually we have Dick pre six, and now we've got Dick after six, because apparently the Dick from Dayton is finally awake. Good morning Dick, Good morning Garry Jess.
Speaker 7: How are you good.
Speaker 1: I'm usually I'm used to getting my my my Dick before six, and now I've got my Dick after six.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was had a good time playing at String Benders and then I got to play at the Beaver Creek Stummer. So I've had a pretty good week.
Speaker 1: Well what was that last night? Is that why you overslept because you were busy.
Speaker 4: For the shop.
Speaker 5: I've just been. I've had tryin this real bad and I've been and that medicine is making me sleep a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Oh that'll do it. That'll do it.
Speaker 5: That'll do it.
Speaker 1: You mix that with the little Jack Daniels and you got something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's sure.
Speaker 1: What but you got some? Uh so the strummers and who else did you play.
Speaker 5: With the string Benders?
Speaker 1: I didn't remember. The String Benders is one of your many musical forays. People that you play with. Now, how many people are in the string Benders?
Speaker 5: Oh, we got about seven or eight, which is pretty good.
Speaker 1: How many are in the strummers.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, there's a lot twenty four people.
Speaker 1: No kidding. Yeah, it doesn't make for a tight man, I'll tell you that. No, no, not like a good three piece. And any other shows coming up in the next week or so.
Speaker 5: I think we got one in June.
Speaker 1: Oh, they don't have.
Speaker 5: A VIDI this year. But it's nice to get back.
Speaker 1: To playing as well. I tell you what, when you figure out what date, let us know and give us directions. Okay, okay, say good night, Dick, Good night, Gary, Jeff, Dave from Harrison, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 1: How are we doing well? I'm not dickless. I thought it was going to be dicklss, but I'm not there.
Speaker 8: You go, yeah, he Jeff, I am news for you.
Speaker 4: I am allergic to mail horse pee.
Speaker 1: Also, Yeah, that was just the strangest conversation with Lynnette I think I've ever had. And that's saying something over the years, because I've had some pretty bizarre revelations from those telephone conversations with Lady Lynette.
Speaker 8: Speaking of bizarre revelations, what does a Dennis get on his one year work anniversary?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Tell me.
Speaker 9: A little plaque.
Speaker 1: Just a little plaque.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did, I repay you. I used to have a job smash and can no. Oh garried Jeff.
Speaker 1: It was so depressing.
Speaker 8: Hey Gary, Jeff, I'm considering getting a job actually claiming mirrors.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I think it's something I can see myself doing.
Speaker 1: Hey Dave, Yeah, Dave.
Speaker 10: This jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funding by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular program.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, from his home near Indianapolis to visit with the reception report Old Radio Rick, Good morning, Ricky this morning. Did you do you run into any of the weather later on in the day driving home?
Speaker 9: No, Actually, the storms came by my house a couple hours after I got home, but during the day, since it didn't rain until the evening, there was quite a bit of partly cloudy that I drove through, and I had to run the wipers constantly, but.
Speaker 1: Very nice. It was good to see. Yesterday afternoon, came by the bar and met John who has a radio of course that Rick is going to look at, and took with him what radio was that.
Speaker 9: It's a gorgeous little nineteen thirty seven Seer silver tone.
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful radio, it really was.
Speaker 9: It was very similar to the Crosley fiber Okay, no doubt. It was a competing with that same class of small wood table radios that just are really very attractive and quite good, quite good sets.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So anyway, how are you receiving us this small in upon.
Speaker 9: What well, apparently the sun spots are asleep and the eye on the sphere is being kind, so you're coming in five by five and the nineteen thirty four. It's a Delco wood two stone radio. It's model thirty two to one. This is a six to two AM radio with an RF stage. So it's a it's a better DXer than most one goofy thing about this is that there is at least three versions of this particular model, and this version that i'm that have been working on one of the IF transformers, or some call them IF cans. It's a big metal thing on the chassis was designed to be too close to the tube, and where they put the socket, the tube has to lean a little bit to the side to make room for it. The radio works fine, but the octogenarian that owns this radio is really bugged by it. He's like, you got to fix that. It's like, Jack, I can't do that sort of redesigning it. They didn't actually make too many of this particular version. Do you wonder why? And then I should mention too that with the tube bleeding, it also touches the wood cabinet. Now, it's not going to set the cabinet on fire and anything. The tubes don't get that hot. But still it's just it's funny to see. It's like, you guys had one job to do. You're getting to have the eight students check your work. What's going on? The other goofy thinking about this radio though, is that it's part of the Delco Light system. The Delco light system was a system to power home or a farm with thirty two volts for lighting and small appliances. Radios included vacuum clean air's, toasters, what have you. Before utility power came through. Now the brilliant thing about this was that when when Delco set these up, you would wire the house with standard outlets and standard light sockets. That way, when the utility did come through, if they did, then you only had to change out the light bulbs in your little appliances. It didn't have to rip the whole house apart, changing out outlets and lighting fixtures and so forth.
Speaker 1: So that was pretty smart.
Speaker 9: But the downside of that is these thirty two vault DC radios and appliances have a standard plug and they're not particularly marked very strongly as being thirty two vaults DC. So if somebody doesn't know it and they plug it into the wall, enjoy the entertainment. See the flames, smell the smoke. Here the irreversible destruction. But hey, let's go to the actual catalogs, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not described in the catalog. What you just well, your your commentary there on what might happen should you plug one of these into the wall.
Speaker 9: But I could have written for these catalogs and been fired soon after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 9: Designed with a thought to the future. Okay, modern design, and by the way, that's modern with an E. Note that modern with me on the end is like my name, but instead of being a reminder of a great grandfather who added the e in attempt to hide from his flunking out of West Point, this modern actually refers to an Art Deco design.
Speaker 4: So I learned that.
Speaker 9: Constructed with beautifully grained and well masked woods, this Delco table radio has the simplicity of design that denotes character and beauty. What Right features six tube superheterodyne American Broadcast and one police band range dot dot dot for a near tuning unit, dot dot dot two point tone selector dot dot dot special high sensitivity, six sens full floating dynamic speaker, full floating thing looks like it bolted to the cabin as far as I can tell, and more ellipses than any radio catalog entry ever see at the same price. All those looks every time, it's like it took up so much space in the catalog, it's gonna put a lot more information in there.
Speaker 1: Or maybe they didn't have any exactly.
Speaker 9: Exactly their credit they only use three dots for ellipses, so that's.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: It's got that right. It sounds wonderful. It would have convinced me to buy the thing. I'll tell you that. Well, that's a real sales pitch there.
Speaker 9: Well, the floating speaker on its own, I mean, why wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: What exactly is a full floating speaker?
Speaker 9: Rick, I, honest to goodness, had no freaking idea what that means. The only the only guess I would have is that it's mounted only to the cabinet, not to the chassis.
Speaker 1: Okay, So thanks Telco, and your point was, thank you, Ricky Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you want to get in touch with him, it's.
Speaker 11: Six fine, same thing tomorrow, we'll deal with some sunshine temperats climbing to the mid seventies. Overall, a pretty good weekend from a severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: SVEND WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: Well, the Knicks are moving on in the NBA playoffs after defeating the Boston Celtics. There defending champs last night in New York, and Knicks fans are going epe. Yeah.
Speaker 13: The Knicks smacked the Celtics one, nineteen to eighty one.
Speaker 1: It was not pretty, not close, not even close. Yeah, see New York.
Speaker 13: The Stars courtside, seeing them all celebrate and seeing who was in attendance for the game last night, seeing the Knicks legends and the celebrities.
Speaker 1: You know who was a happy boy this morning. Our friend Moegger, who said even with the Knicks with the two to one lead earlier in the series, said yeah, but Austin, you know, I don't see and he was just being very I guess realistic at the time. But he's got to be overjoyed. As a staunch Nick fane from years and years and years ago.
Speaker 13: He said on X last night he was going to enjoy a beverage or two. So hopefully he's up for our sports report later at eight four.
Speaker 1: So the Reds in't happy Land. After a second win in a row and another productive game for the offense.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the Reds move to twenty two and twenty four after a five to four win against the Guardians in Game one of the Ohio Cup. It seems like when Brady Singer is on the mound, the Red Legs like to score runs. He got his fifth win of the season, giving up three runs through five innings. Will Benson went two for four with a three run home run. He's looked good.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's hold off in the celebration because Chase Petty's on on the mound today and after his first start or first couple of starts, he's got a twenty four point something era.
Speaker 13: Left hand pitcher Brent Souter in a bullpen game, will be taking the mound. Really, the Guardians will be doing a bullpen game as well.
Speaker 1: I thought it had Chase Petty was supposed to be the starter earlier in the week. They must have changed that around.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they did change that around this yesterday.
Speaker 1: Good. With some injuries to the starting pitching. That's why starting pitching depth is important.
Speaker 13: Guardian Slade Saconi will make his season debut for the Guardians second game of three. The Reds look to take the series with inside pitch beginning a five point forty first pitch except for six forty right here on the home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: And a huge game in the MLS with our FC Cincinnati team facing off the Columbus Crew in a hell is Real match in Columbus. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Orange Blue are currently in first place in all of the MLS, leading the league with twenty eight points. Pregame coverage for that match tonight begins at six thirty. Kickoff is set for seven to twenty five. You can listen to that game on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Very very nice, Thank you, mister Tomblins. Six twenty five and some change the gag. Ca Ripley standing by anticipating a pithy phone call and news of the week, week and a commentary from our friend Steve from ETNA before the hour is up. Steve Shulte environmental updates yet to come this morning, and all of the rest still don't have a gift from Wally joke. We'll see what I can conjure up between now and eight thirty five. Take a break for news and come on back with it in just a moment here on seven hundred WL, it is time to talk to our friend Steve from ETNA, a guy who consistently amazes me with his grasp and knowledge of both history and today's current events. And he has another pithy phone call all prepared this morning with news of the week and more. Steve Simon, Good morning, Stavin.
Speaker 14: Good morning, sir. Donald Trump has proposed May the eighth as a national holiday, commemorating the day World War two officially ended in Europe. Maybe eighth is also a day of celebration in France, honoring one of their greatest soldiers from the One Hundred Years War with England. Shakespearean characters refer to her, Yes it's a her as a damned sorceress and a vile fiend, playing upon the English view that she did not actually hear the voices of heavenly saints, but she was actually a witch. Isaac Asimov and His Guide to Shakespeare has a different view, citing Joan of Arc as one of the most amazing characters in history. In her story, if it were told as a work of fiction, it would be considered too fantastic to be plausible. In the end, she was abandoned by the French, persecuted by the English, and railroaded by a Catholic Church tribunal. Joan of Arc was born in fourteen twelve in dom Remi, one of five children. She was brought up to be a housewife, so proud of her ability to sew and spin yarn that in this regard she said, I feared no woman. But that all changed when at fourteen she began hearing those heavenly voices. Imploring her to save France by driving out the English invaders and crowning the French king in waiting, Charles the Seventh. What she lacked in the ability to read and write, she made up for with charisma. She convinced a local army commander to get her an audience with Charles, who then had her examined by the clergy, who said she's the real thing, honest and saintly. She was given a small army. She learned horsemanship and despite no military experience, gained the respect of her men by showing leadership and courage. Charles, on the other hand, was a week leader, and both he and many of his supporters were irresolute and failed to support Joan and her troops. Despite big battlefield successes, she was twice wounded and then captured by the French Duke of Burgundy, who had sided with the English. She was then given up to the English, who claimed their poor performance on the back field was due to Jones using witchcraft to cast spells. The politicians found an ally in the Catholic Church by calling her a heretic. A court of inquisition followed, in which she was denied legal counsel. Church fathers were also put off by her cutting her hair short and wearing men's clothing and combat. Her testimony on hearing holy voices was challenged by the clerics, and on May the twenty ninth, fourteen thirty one, the nineteen year old was burned at the stake in the public square. One account says a supporter of King Henry of England allegedly ran up and cried out, we have burned a saint. Twenty five years later, an eccles basthical court reversed her guilty judgment declared her a faithful daughter of the church. Nearly five hundred years later, she was canonized as saint, after which France made May the eighth a day of celebration in her honor. Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw, not noted as a religious man at that time, nineteen twenty three, penned his play Saint Joan. Scene six contains a moving monologue by Joan accepting death rather than life in prison. She says, according to Shaw, to shut me from the light of the sky and the sight of the fields and the flowers, to change my feet so that I could never climb the hills without these things. I cannot live. Joan's journey is where the religious meets the secular. Did you ever feel abandoned? Lonely? Wonder if the battle is really worth it? Recently we've seen excellent examples of the individual challenging the status quo week leadership, and then the Hamlet's words suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Joan was slandered, abandoned, murdered by bloated bureaucracies who belittle to belittled the talent and the courage of a single individual who happened to be right. It took twenty five years after her death at nineteen for some sense of justice to prevail. In her suffering. She exemplified Hamlet's introspection, challenging himself in that famous speech to take arms against the Sea of troubles, or what the Catholic Church wants called imatazzio Christi, the invitation of Christ. Never give up when you know you're right. You are never.
Speaker 15: Abandoned by Jesus.
Speaker 14: He too suffered as no man should have to, and one big time. So don't just have a nice day, have a good life, take care of yourselves, folks, See you next.
Speaker 1: Week.
Speaker 11: Wow, we're a beautiful weekend on tap As. Temperatures today will climb to the mid seventies with lots of sunshine. It will be a little windy, so keep that in mind. Same thing tomorrow we'll deal with some sunshine, temperatures climbing to the mid seventies. Overall, a pretty good weekend from a sever your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: It is sixty five now coming up on six fifty four. On a Saturday morning, Gary Jeffen, my friend Race got from Loveland chime and in How'd he do it? Brother Ray?
Speaker 16: Good morning, my brother Gary jeff Walker, good morning.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: It's hard to follow that one my best.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. Usually I will just go ahead and put you on after Steve's finished with his commentary. And there was just nothing else that could be added there. It was so powerful and so impactful and so right on point like most of the time. Amen and amen. And that was a gift that you.
Speaker 3: Gave me to thank you.
Speaker 1: So I've just got to understand something. People now calling some and obviously the DOJ investigating former FBI director James Comby for the eighty six forty seven Seashell arrangement that he posted on the beach. And of course James Comy was a marine. Well you're always a marine. You know what eight six means in military terms. Everybody knows what eight six means in mafia terms. And if you were in food service, you know what eight six means, because it means cancel the order, eliminate, get rid of it, whatever it is. But see, here's the point. If they didn't arrest Madonna the first time President Trump was elected by saying I've thought a lot about blowing up the White House, if they didn't arrest Johnny Depp for suggesting he'd be the next John Wilkes booth, they're not going to do anything to James Comy. And here's the thing. I think that the left and people who are Trump haters just for the sake of hating President Trump, saw the notoriety and the rise in popularity when Donald Trump got his mug shot that he didn't deserve. They're all trying to get their mug shots because they think it's going to make them popular like President Trump. This is a psychological thing. See am I off track on this Ray or do you think I mean, they're all just trying to get that notoriety of being vilified publicly so their popularity can climb because they think they're going to pull up Trump. Do you think that there's a possible psychological angle to that? What arrogance?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 16: My lord, well, I think the word would be And that comes to me from the Godfather hypocrisy, from Michael Corleone, his hypocrisy. It's the same hypocrisy that Major League Baseball puts this backhanded slap on Pete or Smart after death about the integrity of the game whenever. Now, now, Pete didn't do himself any favors, you know, signing baseball saying I bet on baseball. Okay, but that was his livelihood, which they he lost for decades, in decades, and now we the full on embrace of gambling with a team in Las Vegas. I go to the game, I see bet MGM on the scoreboard. I see fan duel on the scoreboard. They're so n split the pot. People are using the internet, major League Baseball Internet to place bets.
Speaker 12: On that game and.
Speaker 1: Pete Ray. And if you don't think that there isn't someone in the major leagues who is gambling on baseball. You're crazy, You're absolutely naive to the point of all Naiota and yes, hypocrisy.
Speaker 16: Once again, it's their trainer betting, don't you see, brother, They're trainers doing the betting.
Speaker 7: And you know, I would respectfully say that if.
Speaker 16: Pete's family, when Pete is inducted, and surely will if they were to tell Major League Baseball to just stick it, because Marty says, you can't turn around in Cooperstown without running at Pete Rose, that my friend, that my friend is hypocrisy and his family is not subject to that same hypocrisy.
Speaker 1: And amen, Amen to you, and God bless you. We got to go. Steve Schulte coming up afternoons.
Speaker 6: This morning at nine Mike Allen goes where other hosts dare not tread and on not talking about the men's room on seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: For another hour of the Saturday morning edition. For this Saturday, May seventeenth, twenty twenty five, Hotty, Gary, Jeff Walker and you together again about six minutes past the hour. There's been a lot of a lot of backtracking on all the green energy stuff, and there are people who are still firmly entrenched in the belief that fossil fuels are going to be the death of us all. One of those people is not Steve Shulty, as you may well know, and not myself either. But anyway, we have environmental engineer Steve Shulty standing by in a line like he does every Saturday morning about this time to give us a climate update. Because there's so much bad or faulty data and information out there and misinformation being led by the climate cultist, it's time for you know, I like reality to come back to the public airwaves. So this morning we're talking about a shock climate report and Steve Shilty has that for us. Good morning, mister Shilty.
Speaker 17: Good morning Garrett Jeff. Before I do that, I want to do a quick shout out Joan the wall Breakers who celebrated her ninetieth birthday, this pale birthday, ninetieth Clover is that Clover and a country club. He is a long lost second cousin to my wife Robin, and they accidentally met and figured it out after mass at Saint An's Church a number of months ago. In fact, Jones sister Shirley was in Robin's parents wedding party ons agod. And the best thing is that she and her son Tim listen to my report every Saturday morning.
Speaker 7: So shout out to Joan and Tim.
Speaker 1: Now, now what is her full name again?
Speaker 17: Joan, Joan, the Wall Breakers and Gary Jeff. She is sharp as attack and I think she would run circles around even President.
Speaker 1: Trump maybe perhaps so. I know a lot of people, my friend Merle, who have not heard from in a couple of months. Actually I'm sad to say, I hope she's all right. Is ninety one ninety two and she is the same way at You know, age is just truly a number. And as I always say, when it comes to whether it's mental acuity or physical health, your miles may vary.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 17: Onto the report. This comes from the Climate Realism Show episode number one five seven from yesterday May sixteenth. You can see the Climate Realism Show either on YouTube or Rumble and the title is Shocked Climate Report. Urban heat islands responsible for most of global warming using land data going all the way back to eighteen eighty for the in the US, both suburban and urban areas. A new study from the University of Alabama and Huntsville addresses the question of how much does the urban heat island effect is responsible for higher temperatures at weather stations across the US. Doctor Roy Spencer, who I've met, great guy, and doctor John Christy, has spent several years developing a novel method to quantify for the first time the average urban heat island effect related to population down density. They're finding no less than sixty five percent and I'll repeat no less than sixty five percent of quote runaway global warming quote quote in the US is not caused by our emissions of carbon dioxide by urbanization h fifty five percent two thirds And during the show, one of the things I found out from doctor Spencer interesting is that the largest warming in a given area, the largest warming occurs when going from the wilderness to just as few as ten or fifteen people per square mile. That's the impact of urban of just people living in an area have And I know you've had Anthony wattson your program, haven't you.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I'm not sure. I've had a lot of smart people on my show.
Speaker 17: Anthony Watts a senior fellow at the Heartland and he has the website watched up with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am I have talked to Anthony.
Speaker 17: Yeah, back in twenty eighteen. He was in Reno, Nevado, and being the scientific guy he has, he had GPS and science thermometers and whatnot, so he is doing all this recording it. He was in Reno, Nevado, was about eleven o'clock at night. He started out in the desert, and out in the desert, it was around forty five forty six degrees and he drove on his one street right into downtown Reno, and it took him about half an hour to get there. By the time he got into downtown Reno, which was only a stone's throw from the Reno Airport, the temperature had rose to fifty six degrees fahrenheight eleven degrees increased. And of course the airport is used as the official weather station. And and Anthony says, about a year or two later, Noah, the National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration comes out with a report saying Reno, Nevada has the highest global warming in the United States, a record global warming.
Speaker 7: We know all the cads of urbanization.
Speaker 1: They should put the weather stations out in the middle of nowhere, in the country's.
Speaker 17: Right and then look at those stations down in the middle of nowhere, no global.
Speaker 1: Warming, and you'll get an accurate reading on the Earth's average global temperature. Thank you so much, sir, seven twelve Roco Costellano on the way well from my friend Ray Scott at Garry Jeff Walker at seven outther WLW dot com where you can get in touch too this week, and he was referring to a conversation I had with our next guest, Rococostellano a few weeks ago about being upset. Roco was upset and expressing that that RFK Junior and the new HHS had not stopped advising kids and pregnant women to get the COVID shots and lo and behold, loan, lo and behold he said, he said, you say they play it this week, HHS stopped advising the COVID shot as a booster for kids and pregnant women. How about that, Rocco. Well, you know they must have been they must have been listening to us on Saturday morning and they finally said, you're right, we need to do that.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I was hoping that someone was going to start being smart there, and I guess they were.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So The latest article at rococostellano dot com is why Americans no longer trust the FDA, CDC or NIH. And I think there are a number of obvious reasons. But what are you detailing basically in this.
Speaker 7: Well, basically you know what happened and why we lost trust and ei there's a big trust gap. And then and then you know some basic things, uh that they need to do to get the trust back, like you know, like being transparent and and not gaslighting us, you know, and and and telling us, hey, it's a good idea for us to you know, like to know what's out there like no one, you know, like all these people treat us like we're twelve, you know, and that and we're not you know, going to understand the the basics of you know that masks uh work or they don't work or they don't you know that you know a golp jacks are going to stop transmission? Oh that's right, it doesn't. So when people lie, you know it e roads trust?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think? Do you think? But you point out you said for generations, Americans were raised to believe that the FDA, CDC, NIH and other regulatory authorities existed to protect public health. The FDI kept dangerous drugs off the market, the CDC track disease threats to keep us safe. The NIH funded groundbreaking research to improve lives. But somewhere along the way, trust began to erode. Today, millions of Americans view these agencies not as natural protectors, but as captured pureaucracies, political tools, or worse, co conspirators with corporate interests. It's very, very good and very on point. Rock Oh, I appreciate it. It's that, I mean, you hit the nail on the head there several times.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just you know, I'm just curious at what point people, you know, like the NA you know, a society, the public are going to be outraged. Because for some reason, people still aren't outraged. It's only guys like me and you that seem to be orage.
Speaker 1: Well, I think more and more people are waking up to the reality that they've been lied to for uh, for corporately profitable reasons and for bureaucratic reasons that have nothing to do with public health. Time now for the Tom Davis diaries or the more silly stuff that happens all the time that flies below the radar. Here's Tom Davis, Tom.
Speaker 18: Good morning, Gary, Jeff. This week money is for the birds. But first, a massive potato is touring the Uni United States. The Idaho Potato Commission is showing off its giant spud to remind everyone just how much they love their taters. The thing is huge too. It waste as much as twenty one thousand normal potatoes. They say it's good for twenty thousand servings of mashed potatoes. You gotta love the exotic pet people. Akiel Fakar al Dian had wild animals in his backyard and not too long ago he added a lion to the rest of his collection. That is, until the lion ate him. He was in the backyard when the lion attacked, killing a kiel, and then it tried to make its escape. A neighbor solid and shot it dead. Horrible question.
Speaker 12: Do you have.
Speaker 18: Trouble not falling asleep but staying asleep?
Speaker 1: Well, listen to this.
Speaker 18: Psychologist Jeffrey Bernstein says he's got the fix. It's four words. When you wake up in the middle of the night, repeat the words this thought can wait. It's supposed to calm your mind and improve your chances of getting back to sleep. He says, it tricks your brain to get out of problem solving mode and back into rest mode. Remember that this thought can wait. And finally, there's a restaurant in Scotland selling seagull insurance. You can add a dollar thirty two to your bill and that will guarantee if a seagull swoops down out of the sky and steals your sandwich.
Speaker 1: You can easily get it replaced.
Speaker 18: The owners say that the insurance funds that don't get used are donated to a different charity every month.
Speaker 1: How's that for heartwarming?
Speaker 18: Next week, problem Child builds elementary smuggling Empire off of bubblegum and Snickers Bars.
Speaker 11: Have a great, a beautiful weekend on tap As. Temperatures today will climb to the mid seventies with lots of sunshine. It will be a little windy, so keep that in mind. Same thing tomorrow we'll deal with some sunshine, temperatres climbing to the mid seventies. Overall, a pretty good weekend from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: What of stuff going on? Liam, including the NBA Playoffs.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the Knick smack the Celtics one nineteen to eighty one.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 13: Nicks advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals, where they will play the Pacers. The Nuggets Thunder played game seven tomorrow afternoon to determine who will face the Timberwolves in the Western Conference.
Speaker 1: Y Rick Washburn Old Radio Rick said, Nuggets Thunder sounds like a joke. We can't say on the area on the air. I don't know Nuggets versus the Thunder anyway, continue.
Speaker 13: Please, WNBA seasoned Open level last night and this afternoon. Caitlin Clark and the Fever face Angel Reese and the Chicago sky PGA Championship currently ongoing this week. Johnny Vegas in the league at eight under Matthew Pavone, matth Fitzpatrick Seawoo Kim tied for second. Homa Scheffler tied for third at five under. Rory is plus one, Bryson d. Chambeau is three under. FC Cincinnati and the Hell is Real Rivalry faces the Columbus Crews that he's currently in first place in MLS with twenty eight points, leading the race for the Supporter Shield. They look to keep that lead Pregame coverage begins at six thirty and kickoff is sept for seven twenty five. Catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Red Legs moved to twenty two and twenty four after a five to four win against the Guardians in Game one of the Ohio Cup. Brady Singer got the win, giving up three runs through five innings. Will Benson with two for four with a three run home run. Austin Hayes added another home run. Brent Souter takes them out for the Red today and Slay Secne He makes his Seatson debut for the Guardians. The Reds are back in action this afternoon. Inside pitch begins at five point forty first pitch except for six forty right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir and Merle. How are you hey?
Speaker 7: I am fine, potent.
Speaker 14: You mentioned my age there, I thought i'd better.
Speaker 1: Call in ago. No, you're ninety two, right, yeah, right yeah.
Speaker 9: And I'm hoping to celebrate ninety three this some November with you at Huddles.
Speaker 1: It's always good to see and thanks for listening. I'm glad that you heard the shout out and uh, and you got in touch. I think about you all the time.
Speaker 4: Well, I have to mention may A.
Speaker 2: Besides Joan of Arc that was the day that Pope Leo the fourteenth was elected.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, we have.
Speaker 9: I think we're going to have a winner.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, Thank you, Merrow. We'll talk to you soon, Okay, babe, Okay, thanks. I love that lady. She's really great. Always has a bourbon and water, just one. And she's done. The Joe Biden situation, Liam, I don't know. I got a couple of minutes, I guess the Joe Biden situation and all these revelations that this was all stuff that I and you were probably observing. Maybe you maybe didn't believe your eyes or ear at the time, but it was way way worse than anyone thought. But it was something that I knew just from viewing going back all the way to twenty twenty, it was obvious that this was elder of abuse, that they were using this man, that he didn't know where he was half the time or what he was doing, and he's sure shouldn't be trusted with nuclear codes. And that wasn't about being pro President Trump. That was just master of the obvious kind of stuff. And now that all the books are being written and all these people are saying, well, the White House lied to it. They covered it up. No, you covered it up. Shut up. I hope you don't sell a single book, because this is all stuff that was apparent to anyone with eyes and ears from the very beginning of the Joe Biden administration, in the campaign before it. They hit him in the basement for a reason. Well, it's all very sad, and the saddest thing is that a majority of the American people were duped into thinking this man was actually president. Jim Lebarbara Rock and Roll archaeology coming up.
Speaker 11: We'll climb to the mid seventies with lots of sunshine. It will be a little windy, so keep that in mind. Same thing tomorrow, we'll deal with some sunshine, temperatures climbing to the mid seventies. Overall, a pretty good weekend from a severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Right now, radar is clear currently sixty seven degrees.
Speaker 1: Her next update at eight thirty. I'm Brian Cops News Radio. So WLW News twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 12: He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Into yet another hour of this Saturday morning edition for Saturday May seventeenth, twenty twenty five. Hey, Howdy, what up? GJ. Dubbs at your service? I am me, you or you and we are all in this together and I'm fine with that. Seven minutes after the hour and time for science, science and a science minute, a friend science.
Speaker 15: Mike, Yes, as an scientist.
Speaker 1: Science. Good morning, Michael. How are you? I'm good. How are you doing. I'm fantastic. Are you stargazing this week? Or where are you taking us on our little scientific journey on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: Well before we hit the science topic, I didn't know this year that the also our game got moved back to Atlanta. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I don't know what caused us.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I guess they have decided that Georgia isn't a homophobic state after.
Speaker 3: All, you think, yes, somewhat carryover from climate topic with Steve's genre.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this.
Speaker 3: They announced this in the news, but it seemed that to Poland and US have reached a deal. April twenty eighth this year, to build three nuclear power plants. So the deal with Poland is going to spend with Westinghouse and Beckel one hundred and ninety two billion zolotti. I didn't know that was the currency of Poland. That's a lot than I am. But yeah, but that's a fifty one billion US dollars. So they're going to spend fifty one billion dollars to build three these new design nuclear power plants Gary Jeffter, the Westinghouse are called.
Speaker 1: At one thousand.
Speaker 3: Then what's what's unique about these power nuclear power plants? Unlike the the Fukushima power plant when the when the earthquake hit that the water flooded all the reactors and the generators and you couldn't run the pumps, so it had a meltdown. So these these new design are modular. And I'll get to that point and then but these new new new plant plants are the cooling is all gravity fed, so you're not relying on power to cool down the reactor. In case there's a situation you just flood the uh, you just flood the core with.
Speaker 1: So when you when you say gra gravity fed, they're they're not being pumped in. They're just letting gravity do.
Speaker 3: Its a natural They're just they just open open a non uh special valve that doesn't fail and just.
Speaker 1: Cool the reactor.
Speaker 3: And these are modular units, so that when you get a license for one one of these modular unit units, say in the U S. The n r C gives you a license, it's a license for the design, so you don't have to get re licensed to build this reactor and other locations. So it's basically one design fits all and can you can move these modular units all over And actually there are these these three units, and in Poland they're going to want to we'll come it'll be online around twenty thirty six. So Poland, unlike Germany who vacated their nuclear power program, is actually going the other way with it. So they're going to try to have twenty five percent nuclear power by twenty forty in the country, so they're not relying on obviously other countries like Russia for energy sources.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that it should always be And I've always talked about this. I'm not crazy about wind any anywhere anytime. Wind turbines are kind of off my energy list, but you know, solar, fossil fuels, natural gas and nuclear absolutely should be a part of the equation and with AI as you know, and people are coming to this realization pretty darn quick because AI is is not the future, it's now and it's happening in real time, very very quickly. It needs all this extra power, uh that you know absolutely certainly wouldn't be yeah, wouldn't be provided by right now?
Speaker 3: Is Trump getting natural gas up to the northeast that was denied by other administrations, nor for them to have power. So yeah, that's another segment. But but that's that's a huge story. But that's another time.
Speaker 1: But these these new nuclear reactors and the technology you're describing, uh, sounds like a real breakthrough in that particular, in that particular vein All right, Mike, thanks a lot. As always, My brother I was I was looking at the group picture from the anniversary show back in March and and pointing them out. I said, there's science. Mic right, Oh, really that's science. MI said, yeah, that's him. I'm waiting for keepsake, King Kim to tell me that the books together and will we'll have a viewing party for that when the book comes out. Thank you so much, brother Rick Green. With a verse from the Word of God in just a moment on this Saturday morning on seven hundred WLW, he's.
Speaker 19: A seven hundred wl W Cininnati Tax Resolution Orange at Black Schedule breakdown Cininati Tax Resolution powered by toad five to one three, five to one three t oph now your host mo Egar.
Speaker 20: For the first time since two thousand and eight, the Bengals will play the Steelers on a Thursday. The first of two meetings between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh this season will take place Week six at pay Corps Stadium. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh split their meetings last season, with each team winning on the others field. The Steelers quarterback situation is a question mark. The possibility exists that we could see in Aaron Rodgers versus Joe Burrow match up in primetime, and it'll be worth wondering. Can the Bengals overcome an always physically tough Pittsburgh team on a short week. It'll be the Bengals and Steelers in Cincinnati on Thursday night, October sixteenth.
Speaker 21: Mooe has more on seven hundred WLW, home of the best Bengals.
Speaker 22: Coverage over the years, You've brought them into your home.
Speaker 23: You were prescribed opioids after the C section and after Dad's back injury. They helped when you were in pain, and you held on to them just in case. But did you know.
Speaker 22: Holding on to unused opioids puts your family at risk. Trouble with opioids can start at home. With unused medicines such as pills, patches, and syrups.
Speaker 12: You can remove the.
Speaker 23: Risk and protect your family.
Speaker 22: Find out how at www dot FDA dot gov slash Drug Disposal.
Speaker 11: Jeff Weilerhonda dot com. Last night have moved out and we are as we wake up. This morning should be a nice start to the weekend. Temperatures will slowly climb to the mid seventies with lots of sunshine. Copy and paste for your Sunday. Maybe a little cooler, but we'll call it load of mid seventies again with some sun from a severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Wait is Claire sixty three degrees. Next update at nine, I'm Brian Colts News Radio seven a WLW news.
Speaker 21: Twenty four hours a day. When he was a radio seven hundred WLW N.
Speaker 1: Call Morning kids. Time Will gives from Wally my loving dog Mace. A farmer handyman has a dog that he names Mace, and Mace is a great dog, great around the farm. He's got one weird, really weird habit. It's almost catlike. Mace likes to eat grass, and not just a little bit of grass, but in quantities that would make like a lawnmower blush and nothing it's could break Mace of the habit of eating grass. One day, the guy's out working in his back forty. The grass is pretty tall down there and he's working on a piece of equipment, and as he moves on to another area, he realizes he lost a little wrench back where he was working on the piece of equipment. Well, the grass is extremely tall in this section. He can't find the wrench. It's starting to get dark and he decides to give up a looking for it for the night. He'll wait till the morning when he's got more light to see if he can find the wrench. He wakes up the next morning, he goes outside and sees that his dog, Mace, has eaten all the grass in that area, like every blade. He just cleared it out and he takes a few steps and he sees the wrench clinting in the sun. He's so happy. He calls the dog over and he says to the dog, a grazing may y. How sweet the hound that saved a wrench for me.
Speaker 6: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music radio and podcast free. Never sounded so good. News radio seven hundred.
Speaker 1: WLW run a business and not thinking about radio think again because more people are listening to the radio on air. Yes, yes, yes, yes yes. Time for a little chat with Mo on a Saturday morning. How about that? Seven out of WLW Saturday Morning edition, continues Gary Jemps. We get into the home stretch here. Some folks like to get away, take a holiday from the neighborhood. Hop a plane to Miami Beach or to Hollywood. Me I'm just taking a greyhound on the Hudson river Line. I'm in a New York state of mind for my friend Moeger. The Knicks have done it, Mo, They have defeated the defending champion Boston Celtics, for you, and for somewhere Spike Lee is still hanging on a rim this morning because somebody put him up there, hopefully with a gag in his mouth. But the New York Knicks have done what even you last week thought was not possible. They have defeated the Boston Celtics to move on to the finals of the Eastern Conference to face off against the Indiana Pacers. And you've just got to be very, very pleased.
Speaker 4: A long time, long suffering New York Knicks fan, I cannot tell you how gratifying last night was. Not just to win the game, not just to advance to the Eastern Conference, they act him, but to do it in a way where you could just sit back over the final I'm not going to say second half, but certainly over the final quarter and just relax. And you know, last night was cathartic for a lot of us. You know, I'm sure a lot of your listeners aren't familiar with recent mixed history, but they haven't been at the conference finals in twenty five years. They've spent most of the twenty first century as a very irrelevant NBA franchise. For them to beat the Boston Celtics. To do it at home and to be able to kind of put it in cruise control in the fourth quarter was immensely gratifying last night.
Speaker 1: As someone who doesn't really care about the NBA anymore, that's me as somebody who hasn't followed it, I kind of, for the first time in a while, have kind of paid attention to this and particularly that series, because I remember when the Knicks were relevant to Patrick Ewing years and all of that, and I was a Chicago Bulls die hard. I was Michael Jordan all day long, all night long, you know. I mj forever, kind of one of those dudes before they ever want a cham I mean when they drafted him in eighty three, eighty four whatever. I was there for the rookie season. The Bulls weren't very good, but I knew Michael was going to be great and going to lead them to the Promised Land eventually. So the Knicks were kind of like my nemesis, one of them Detroit and New York, so, you know, but to see the Knicks and especially the Knixt Pacers thing, you know, and I remember the Reggie Miller years with the Pacers and some of the great confrontations those two had in meeting in the Eastern Conference Finals. So it is kind of a throwback to nineties basketball, which kind of excites me.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. And you know, if you encounter any Knicks fans, and I'm not sure here in Cincinnati you'll find many, but I think what they'll tell you is what has made this fun is this year's next team is not is reminiscent of those nineties teams. They played physical, they played hard. You know, they're committed to defense, they rebound, they sort of have that nineties Knicks ethos. But you're right. I mean, if you think of Knicks Pacers, you think of God, they've met in the playoffs in ninety three, ninety four, ninety five, ninety nine, and two thousand in the Eastern Conference finals. And so for these two teams to be back. And by the way, Indiana is great. That team is offensively, you know, beat an off an outstanding Cleveland team. The Pacers offensively just keep coming at you in waves. And so I think this is going to be a great series. But you're right, for fans of nineties basketball, there are gonna be a lot of montages this week of Reggie Miller versus the Knicks, and the Knix and Pacers playing against each other in great playoffs series and I'm here for all of them.
Speaker 1: Ye absolutely, is is Ela de la Cruz one of the most I mean, we know the obvious talent that's there if it can be consistently mined out, But it seems to me in watching the Reds this year and watching LA's development, he still is one of the most frustrating players to watch and root for because he can be so great and then just totally inexplicably, why why do you do that? And and yeah, and we saw examples of that in the last two Reds wins, even where you know, you see him hitting those home run bombs and then you see him swinging at stuff that's in another time zone at the point, and and and the and the work in the field too. I mean, he flashes that leather like nobody else and has an incredible arm. But then then he bounces balls to first base and it's just.
Speaker 4: Like why, Yeah, you see these glimpses that make you go, God, this guy might be one of the best players in the sport. And then you see these glimpses where you go, you can't play this guy, uh, And you're right. You see it at the plate where he can have it at that where he can hit the ball to anywhere in the field. He wont he obviously when he makes great contact, hits the ball very hard. He has great plate coverage with his bat, and you see that, and then in the next ad it's almost non competitive.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's when when a picture has him with two strikes, it's like he's standing on top of a trap door and you know how the at bat is going to end. And then in the field, you know you can see him. I always love it when he races down the left field line to go get a ball from shortstop and covers the sort of ground that you don't see other shortstops cover. Or he'll make a play in the hole and fire a seat the first base and they're like, wow, that's awesome. That's unlike anything I've ever seen. And then he'll boot a routine grounder, or he'll get in the way of a charging outfielder like he did the other night with DJ Friedel. I still always side with the talent, and I assume one day he's gonna harness it, and I assume one day he's going to be more consistent. But I'd be lying to you if I told you that. You know, if I told you I didn't think it by now, you know, he would have harnessed it a little bit more than he has. It is deeply frustrating, But I think there's a lot of fans around the sport who would say, Okay, you don't want him, I'll take him, because when the light bulb goes on, it's going to be awesome. I just hope the light bulb comes on pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Should Trey Hendrickson just shut up at this point?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, he talked those reporters for twenty five minutes on Tuesday, and the juxtaposition with him against the backdrop of his teammates practicing was striking.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I think he effectively announced, Hey, I'm going to be a distraction. But I don't know beyond that what Tuesday accomplished. I certainly don't think the Bengals management decided, oh man, Trey Hendrickson just spoke, let's reconvene and rethink our stance regarding him. And I've said this to you. I think a couple of different times. I don't think either side is wrong. I think Trey Hendrickson I can't blame him for not wanting to be the twenty has paid the twentieth highest paid defensive end in the NFL. And I don't blame the Bengals for looking at him as an appreciating asset as he approaches the age of thirty one.
Speaker 7: By the end of the season.
Speaker 4: But him talking as often as he has and him going on a mini media crusade on Tuesday, that doesn't accomplish anything. I love it from the standpoint of, you know, Trey Hendrickson has given me content. But if the end goal here is to agree to terms with the Bengals on a long term contract, which they've offered him, I don't know what constantly talking to the media, going on the Pat mcabe show etca is accomplishing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and I spoke on Monday night on the Nightcap program about the impending Bengals schedule release, which of course happened this week. Now that you've seen it, what game sticks out at you in particular, and what do you consider as a must win besides all of the games for the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Well, two things stand out to me. Number One, for the fourth consecutive year, they have to go play the Baltimore Ravens on the road in primetime, which is staggering. Now, you can certainly understand why the Bengals and Ravens would be a primetime game, but it's remarkable how that game every year is in Baltimore at night, and every year the game in Cincinnati is one o'clock on Sunday. I would have bet a lot of money that the NFL would have said, we're gonna put Bengals Ravens in Cincinnati at primetime and Bengals Ravens in Baltimore at one o'clock on Sunday. So they're gonna play on Thanksgiving night. That's a huge, huge game, and they play them again two weeks later Sandwich between a game against the Buffalo Bills. But what I think is huge is, you know, we talk about it every year, the Bengals got to get off to a fast start, and then they never do get off to a fast start. This season, they played the Browns and Jaguars the first two weeks, neither were playoff teams last year. Well, then with three through seven, five consecutive games against team teams that made the postseason last year, Minnesota, Denver, Detroit. Here the Lions were undefeated on the road last season, the Green Bay Packers, and then the Pittsburgh Steelers. I think I had a gentleman by the name of Paul dyan or Junior on my show on Thursday, who covers the Bengals, and who said to me, Hey, look, if on October seventeenth, we wake up and the Bengals are over five hundred, they're golden. That's going to be a heck of a challenge, in particular if they continue to struggle out of the gate the way they have the last three seasons.
Speaker 1: All Right, the Pittsburgh game. I heard you in one of the pre packaged stuff that we're running on the Bengals schedule talking about the Thursday night game against the Steelers where we could have a pot who knows who's going to be at quarterback for.
Speaker 4: Pittsburgh, could be Aaron Rodgers versus Joe Burrow, which would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be, and we'll see which one sits on his butt. More basically, it will be that issue. So one more thing about what's going on with FC Cincinnati and this race in the MLS. It's an early season, crucial match against Columbus Crew and the battle for first place. This has been a pretty amazing season so far for FC Cincinnati, and tonight is another test to see who wins the supporter Shield and all the rest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great rivalry and it's a chance for a six point swing in the race atop the Eastern Conference. I think you have to give f C Cincinnati a lot of credit for how they have navigated the first few months of the season because now think about when the season started. They traded away the league MVP from two seasons ago, they had a lot of players who were injured, from players who didn't show up for preseason training, and yet here they are atop the Eastern Conference. They've got to score more goals. They had just eighteen goals on the season in nine games, which is not to be good enough. But Pat Newton has done a great job with this team. Evander and Kevin Dank have been awesome additions. They just picked up this week Hi Kamara, the second all time leading goalscorer MLS history. And tonight you get the resumption of What's been an awesome rivalry in a game that I think is going to reverberate all season long in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 1: Any comments on what you've seen so far out of the PGA Championship at Quail Hollow. It's been a real mess for people. And isn't Johnny Vegas like one of the best names in golf. It's not a nickname, that's his real name. Is Johnny Vegas.
Speaker 4: That's his real name, Johnny Vegas, my new favorite golfer. It's been rough, it's been rough conditions. I certainly hope the course is in good shape this weekend and we get lower scores on Saturday and Sunday than we got on Thursday and Fladday.
Speaker 1: I have a fantastic rest of the weekend. Moegor, thank you very much. You can hear mo is It three to six on ESPN fifteen thirty every day it is, yes, all right, fantastic And check out most blog as well and podcasts. Counselor, what's up? How are you?
Speaker 24: I'm fine, no day, no lawyer joke this morning, haha, Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Uh what about President Trump's trip to the Middle East and what happened, what was accomplished there. Even Democrats seem to be, if not genuflicting, just saying, well, we really can't say anything bad about that.
Speaker 24: Funny you mention that that's one of the things I want to talk about in the rant, but I don't know with all this stuff with Biden and the audio being released. But an answer to your question, it was amazing what he did. More than a trillion dollars in business, not government money, in business is coming from these Mid East countries to the United States because of Trump. He kind of did it on the fly too. Really, from what I'm reading, not a whole lot of planning. But you know what, the guy's a salesman. He knows how to do these things. He knows how to put deals together. That's his gig, it is, And you're right, and I'm going to read some of them I have time this morning. Even many of the Democrats you, as you have said, are admitting that. And boy, that's a first, at least in my memory, that they praise him for anything.
Speaker 1: Back in during the campaign in twenty twenty, we talked about Joe Biden being feeble minded, We talked about cognitive decline, we talked about them hiding him in the basement on purpose because he would be deemed unfit to serve if people really knew, And it was worse than any of us said or thought. And I've been seeing it for four or.
Speaker 24: Five years well, and so have I, and so have most people with a brain and who looked at it objectively. The release last night of the her Her report, I think it's thirteen minutes it was leaked. There's more to it, stunning, stunning.
Speaker 1: With this guy.
Speaker 24: I'm going to play a kind of extended portion of it this morning because I think there's probably a lot of people that haven't heard it yet. And again, this is only thirteen minutes.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't so damaging to the country and frightening that these this shadow government was running the presidency, it would be so incredibly sad that they did this to an elderly person who no longer could think for himself.
Speaker 24: Very true, He's not without sympathy. The one I blame Gary Jeff and it just cements it more is good old doctor Jill. She ought to be drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered because one word from her Joe baby, Nah, I don't think so you had a good run.
Speaker 1: Let's get out of here.
Speaker 24: That would have handled it.
Speaker 1: She liked the prestige would be a big time? Was it big time? All right? Thank you? Saturday midday is next after the show show at Huddles. We will be there all day. It's a beautiful day, a great day to sit in a bar with the door zone. But come see us.
Speaker 25: We all hear the radio ads about the IRS. They tell you to be afraid, to be scared, and they try to frighten you into calling. I'm not here to do that. Tax Relief Advocates is different. TRA is here to tell you that if you owe money to the IRS, whether it's five thousand, fifty thousand or five hundred thousand, we have a solution. It doesn't matter if you're sitting in your car, at work, or with your kids, no matter where you are, call now eight hundred five seven, five ninety nine twenty four. Don't lose hope. TRA can eliminate or reduce what you owe to the IRS. Generous programs are now available that can give you a fresh start. Our passion is taxes and helping individuals fix their IRS problems. We have over one thousand and five star reviews on Google and an eight plus with a Better Business Bureau. You don't need to be afraid of the irs any longer, and your tax nightmare today by visiting US online at TRA dot com or call eight hundred five seven five ninety nine twenty four. That's eight hundred five to seven five ninety nine twenty four. Tax Relief Advocates, Real solutions for real ill people.
Speaker 11: A beautiful weekend on tap As, temperatures to