Speaker 1: And I just turned around and I call ass out of there. I was done. I wasn't deal with them. The hypocrisy of the cult is one of the things that turned me away the quickest. When I turned my head lights on, it turned and looked at us. And one of the things I remember the most, where the eyes were glowing red. I see an orb of light.
Speaker 2: It is just circling these steps.
Speaker 1: Like it is waiting for me. And he begins to tell them that he saw UFO. They're basically like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: That's seven foot up on a tree, peeking around it and that's where I saw.
Speaker 1: The top of the muzzle nose and the eyes. As soon as I made eye contact with this thing, it don't like death.
Speaker 2: What's going on, listeners, it's Brandon from ten foil Teals bringing you another episode. Today's episode, we're going to be joined by Matt from Drunkencryptis podcast and he is going to talk to us a little bit about the experience he had while he was stationed at Fort Hood. Definitely an interesting topic. I always enjoy hearing about the strange things that happens around military bases. But before we dive into the Conversation with Matt. You're a fan of Tenfoil Tels, make sure to go and follow or subscribe to ten Foil Tales wherever you listen to podcasts at you'd like to help me out, you can go and join the Patreon and become a member. There is a free tier and a pay tier that's only one dollar ninety nine cents a month, but you get early access to all the episodes and they're all ad free. Over two hundred and fifty plus episodes available over there right now. I also have a documentary coming out called The Missisinabal Triangle, so make sure to check it out. Whenever it is released. I will make sure to let everyone know. We're gonna go ahead now dive into the conversation with Matt. So thanks for listening, Thanks to the Cult of Conspiracy for having me on here, and we will check you on the next one. Matt, thanks for coming here and talking to me.
Speaker 1: Hey, Randon, thanks for having me on the show man. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Not a problem. What got you before we dive into it? We've been chit chatting here for about a half hour, but like for the audience, where did you come up with the name Drunken Cryptids, because that is what actually we just kind of talked about, but that's what sticks out to me as the whole Drunken Cryptis name. Like it just when I first seen, I was like, that's a cool name.
Speaker 1: Well, so I've been pushed for years to try and get a podcast started about, you know, Cryptis and some of my experiences and talk to others about what I've been through, what I encountered, and so about a year so the show has been going out for a little over years. So just yeah, so we just I just passed my gear mark, so happy anniversary to me, Congress. And I was told, before you start a podcast, before you record, you want to have a name. You want it to be. You want to make sure nobody has her name or anything. And you know, about a couple of nights a week, I mean somebody's we would go down and go play trivia at like the little Piece of Place or a little die bar place or somewhere like that, and I always ask you what your team name is. And I was cracking jokes and I was always trying to tie Bigfoot or Cryptis or something into the title. And we had a couple of pictures of beer on the table and I went, yeah, we're the Drunken Cryptids and I went, help, that's a podcast name. And that's where it came from.
Speaker 2: That is I don't know the proper word to say, but like that is like the perfect setting to come up with a name when you're out at a bar having some few drinks and it just rolls off and just roll with it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we did, Yeah, we did. So I had the so a Drunking Cryptics dot com, which is nobody has it. Uh. Yeah, it's a lot of fun. It's it catches people's attention and they're like, you know you you know, it's all you guys do is drink on the show. And I was like, sometimes sometimes we have some drinks, you know. And I interviewed Todd Nice.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The first time was in person, and we did a two part series in one shot and it's kind of funny. You can tell how the episode goes and you know you've been doing this for a while, so you know it's starts off we kind of sober, and you can tell by the end we've been drinking a little bit because we're laughing a lot more than anything. But that's the whole point of the show. It's just you know, come on and just kind of visit and talk about encounters, talk about what people have experienced, whether they've been through or you know, we discussed topics, you know, so me and I have a couple of codes to help me out. Jacob sometimes come in. My buddy Chris does as well, and you know, or I'll talk to you know, another podcast or phone them in and I'll just sit there talking the news.
Speaker 2: Or you've been doing some stuff with the guys from Cryptos of the Corn, so I've talked to them a few times and been trying to get one of them on here to do an episode. But we talked back at Cryptid Con in person. But that it's weird for anyone listening, like it's I don't want to say it's like a click, but there's a group. There's a group of people and they all if we do this type of thing, you all kind of know each other. It's like it's almost like I used to do band stuff, so I used to know a lot of different bands. There were certain bands you played different shows, so you made friends with and like the guy that does who's doing the documentary with me and like he's been on some of my episodes or whatever. My friend ed we met from being in bands. Now I was like one of my best friends I talked to all the time. But that's how you meet some of these people because we all have that one common thing together, which was the podcast and the Cryptid stuff. So it all it's like your own little clique of people that all have some sort of thing in common. So just a new avenue of making new friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's uh, And I'll be honest with that's the bonus so far that I've been able to have been blessed with by doing this stuff is by you know, the first ones I met was Justin and Jay over there Crips of the Corn. That was you know, on Facebook message and back and forth. They're coming down here I on this episode of air. But on April fifth this year, we're doing a live show together and then which is so I'm excited for that one. We're doing a big four hour meet and greet. And then in October they asked me to come up to their jamboree there I don't think for jamboree and be a guest speaker for the family side. So I'm not like, you know, where Tony's going to be at, whe Joel's going to be at. I'm going to be like in the smaller side, but the family thing. But you know, I'm I'm super stoked about it.
Speaker 2: I've been. I don't know if I can make that. I don't think I can because my October literally I'm booked every weekend and I messaged Justin about it. I said that I would like to be a part of that or whatever, but I'm pretty sure. I'm at Goatman Festival. So October is literally every single weekend. I've got stuff going on.
Speaker 1: So but I've only got I've only got two in October. Well, I'm in Arkansas, so we don't have that much here. Unfortunately we have. I had to be one of the Arkansas Paranormal expos It's every October and I'm I'm now on the guest speaker list for them, which is an honor. They reached out to us to come back. We were there last year and so they emailed us when they open it up and asked if I'd be willing to, you know, be prom the list. They already have a list, but if somebody bells out they would want me to step in. There's another one that comes out, put on by Robert Swain, who's a super nice guy. It's more of a kind of a small town kind of you know, a little kind of get together thing. Not that big, but yeah, Arkansas. Well then we have Foul you know the fact, you know, festival that happens in April on April twenty second, and I'll actually be down there and now as a vendor or anything, but I'm going down there to help Todd Nisaup. He's going to be set up and speaking. So I'll be down there for that one and April here in Arkansas. But that's pretty much about all we really have.
Speaker 2: We don't really have anything here specifically, Like we have some paranormal things. That's one of the weekends, like the last weekend of October, we have the local one here. There's literally just a couple of miles from my house. So I'll be at that one. I spoke at it last year. And then there's another one that's actually on the same day that I just got an email about asking if I want to come back to that one. I was like, well, I'm already going to be at the one that's right by my house. I'm not going to come down to the other one. But no, most of the things I've got, I've got Tennessee, I've got Chicago, I've got Indianapolis, which the Indianapolis one is. Honestly, I'm out of the element. I won can't really see a bit up on the thing. I won two awards there last year, which I only entered it just to see what would happen, But I won Best Paranormal Podcast. It's like the indie popcorn so it's more of a anime. They have like speakers from like different cartoon shows. They got video game people there, like, it's not anything related to like what I do here. It's not like paranormal or cryptid or anything like that. So me being there is definitely out of the element. But because I have that differentness from everyone else, I thought maybe it'd be a good exposure. So it's three days down at Indianapolis, like a It's an hour and a half drive, so I'll just drive down there every day for it. Not a big deal, but we'll see what happens with that. But then most of the stuff is in either Ohio or Kentucky.
Speaker 1: So yeah, travel for me, that's an awesome thing to win at a conference. So yeah, we won Best Documenting Podcast in Arkansas last year.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: So our first year in we're winning awards is kind of neat. So yeah, tomorrow I get interviewed for you know, for the people who put that on. They wanted me to come on their show. So that'll be that be in personally down a little rock awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't think much of it. I entered it, and then a couple of months go by and then I get an email asking if I can attend. I was like, I mean, I guess I find details like, apparently I must be one of the finalists. They're asking me to attend, and then I was one of the first things they read off and it was me when I was like, oh shitn't expect to win anything. Then a little bit later, I won Best Artwork. I was like, oh, I didn't even know I was entered in that, but okay.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got we got nominated, and I didn't think anything would come out of it. And what was funny is that the email, but the email, the email got screwed up. And my buddy Tommy started blowing my phone up on a Sunday and he goes, dude, because they started messaging him on Facebook. Hey, y'all, won, we're trying to get a hold of you, you know, for this award, and you've got to be here on Thursday. We're like what, So, yeah, we're pretty excited about it. Yeah. It kind of cross off guard and I never thought for a minute that I'd be having an award winning podcast or I had Jason Kinsey come through. I met him for the first time in September. Was filmed in an episode for Search for Sasquatch that airs and in March beginning of April time frame, So that'd be a lot of fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Yeah, we're putting together an expedition right now for Portlock.
Speaker 2: Is there a lot of activity in your area?
Speaker 1: There is, actually so there. There's a ton of activity. Arkansas gets overlooked a lot for whatever reason. I think it's mainly mainly just the uh, the perception, you know, red views like oh, Alabama or Mississippi, you know, Arkansas. We're kind of all kind of grouped in, but there is a ton of sidings. You cannot hunting is huge down here. It is when everybody hunts through the duck hunting, deer hunting, there are always everybody's in the woods. So you're not going to get these guys come out and tell you, yeah, I saw something, I did this. But if you ask the right questions, you get the right answers. I e. You ever start a deer, the deer jump off into the woods, fallow the blood trail and no deer. They're like, yeah, okay, you know, little things like that. And then well, what is funny though, is that when you're asking questions to these hunters, they'll crack jokes with you and say nothing there, and then a few minutes later, when you're by yourself, I'll walk up. We go okay, So one morning some walked under my stand there was somebody there, and when there was nobody, you know what I mean. So I think down here in the South, in Arkansas, when it comes to Squatch, I think that he they because they they do. They put up feeders. They know they learned the deer into the area and you can't do dinner season aussee, but they do it prior to and Squatch knows they know where the food's at. They know where the deer is going to be, they know where the stands are at. They know where the trail cams are at, because they put them up the same place every year. I don't know if you feed a bear, if you keep feeding the bear, the bear's in associate it with right food.
Speaker 2: I don't know where everyone comes up with the whole sasquatch or cryptids. They all see infrared, so they know where the trail cams are. I get it. Maybe it's possible, But then I'm like, well, how do they even know what a camera is?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Like, that's where always comes like, they know if you have a camera. Do they know what a camera does?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: So that's where I get to is if they're that intelligent to where they know are they just a flesh and blood primate that's out there, So how would they really know that? Or if there's something else from a different plane of existence that are more intelligent than what we think they are, than they would understand what that is. But they're not a technology type of a creature, So again, how would they know that? I don't see what.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right, And I've had the same debate internally and the theory I come up with on the trail cams, and the only reason I brought it up is because trail cams are going to lead you to people, if that makes sense. It's a man made object, just not nature. It's not natural. It's you know, a piece of plastic and electronics and batteries and everything, and it's gonna look weird and smell weird. Your majority of your trail cams, though, are triggered by a movement. Okay, so primes eperon video. Now, so my camera was a troil cam on sitting still and then my hand goes like this, they just activated it. But you're not going to see my hand in the picture of the video because my hands already gone by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it takes a second.
Speaker 1: So yes, so something watch in front of it. It's going to pick up and trigger it. And now to the last people, the same question. Okay, so on the trail cams out there, how many times have you pulled a footage you've gotten hits on and nothing be there? And they'll say, yeah, I get it all the time. And generally could be a branch, it could be this, it could be that, but it's that motion sensor and if you're walking quick enough, it's not going to trigger. You don't catch the deer as soon as it watching the frame are the animals because of watching the frame, you're catching it halfway going through the frame is what you're catching, and generally you're catching already grouped them together eating at your feet spot.
Speaker 2: I interviewed a couple of guys here in actual in studio with me a while back, and the episode came out, I think a week or two ago. But they have trail cam pictures. They had, like the print nows, I've seen them, but there's a lot of orbs in the photo and they had it set up to where they had some food placed inside this old trunk of a tree and then you can't see what took the stuff out. But again you can see a lot of little light orbs floating around.
Speaker 1: It's a dust from it pulling it that fast.
Speaker 2: But some of the orbs. Again, this is where I get confused, because when you talk to some people, they say you sometimes you see these.
Speaker 1: Balls of light.
Speaker 2: Then you like bigfoot or all a sudden you see like an orb or a ball of light or whatever. So I was like, is that dust or is this what? People claim that they experience with Bigfoot where you see these random orbs of energy, Like, I have no idea. I'm no expert in breaking down photos or anything like that. So it's like it it could be dust, it could be something like I don't know.
Speaker 1: My general film when it comes to photos and orbs, honestly, is I am to go with ninety nine percent dust. And as I mean as from taking numerous pictures inside of dark rooms, black rooms out in the woods, there's so many things in the woods. There's you'll get people that'll have a spartaw weeb right there in front of the front of the trail camp and a squirrel will trigger it on a tree branch, and at night, the ir lights reflecting off of that web perfectly as it's just kind of hanging out and it's an orror, you know. So I always like to side on the air of it not being crypted or paranormal, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That is my mentality on a lot of things. I don't know if people don't like that or not, but I always try and rule out everything before I'll say it's a encrypted or a paranormal or anything else. Because I think there's a lot of explanations that people don't want to accept. By that, I mean this sounds dumb as I'm doing a documentary about doing all this stuff. But basically, people want it so bad that any little thing they're gonna automatically assume that's what it is because that's what they want so bad, So they're manifesting it to be that, even though that might not be what it is. So if you hear a random noise out in the woods or a tree snap or something, well that's a bigfoot or could have just been a random deer walking and it stepped on a branch like, or you hear a scream, well it could have been a fox, it could have been a coyote. Like I don't want to be that person that tells everyone know they're wrong. But at the same time, this community has gotten to the point to where you're not even allowed to question anyone about the things that they say that they've experienced. Like and I'm not saying that as an interview or whatever to question people, but what I'm saying is I get people sending me photos of blurriness. I can't see anything in the photo. They've gotten mad at me because I can't see what they're seeing. Yep, I don't know. Just because you sent me a blurry, zoomed in photo and you say a dog man is staring at you, I don't see it. Well, then you're attacking me because I don't see it. What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: What I agree with Brandon agreed down percent and I get them as well, and generally, uh, when I get those, my answer to them is, well, there's something. That's why I say there's something. I mean, there's trees, leaves or something, you know, and this is taken. Like I was saying earlier, with us, I have a really good investigation team. You know, I have a military background. U. Tony, my buddy Tony has a you know, over twenty year military background as well. You know in scouts it scout you being a scout for the military. I was in the infantry. So with me and Tony, with our experience together, we're probably close for forty years. Just there Chris who hunts the area that has his area, he knows it inside and out. And this is where a lot of our encounter's taken place at that we've gotten and we have taken hundreds, hundreds hundreds of photos out there, hundreds, you know, cross trees. This that we actually got. We found a structure at one point, but all these pictures and there was one picture and I couldn't figure out. And I was looking at the top left corner of it, and I was at you know, because Chris has been the one taking the pictures, and I was like, where was this at? And he goes ascribe. I said, is that a stand tipped over stand in the corner? He goes, I don't remember a deer stand being over there. And I was like, all right, so well listen to I sent to a buddy of mine and I said, hey, what's this thing up here in the corner? And he sent it back to me and he goes, well, that's the structure, but what's this And to the bottom right we actually caught it could have been a face. And he had circled up the AI program that he was using and that we were used on the same photo was pulling up saying there one program said we had an animal in the photo, and another program said we had a person in the photo. So we were just gap. So that's the only photo that I can go, Okay, yeah, there's something we caught something other than that, it's just basic tracks and structures as such.
Speaker 2: Right, do you want to dive into what got you into all of this? I know, like every time someone wants to start a podcast, usually there's a reason behind it. We all have our reasons why we decided to get into this whole secrew of niche of a field of podcasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it is a very interesting field to get into. I'll tell you that. So a free background. I grew up in Utah, risually from Utah. My stepdad had a cabin and how you went is which was awesome. So we spent summers up there. All the time up there at the cabin had some you know, just weird stuff. I couldn't tell you. Looking back is looking back knowing what I know now. Looking back as a kid, yeah, we may hear some tree knocks or herd somewhere. Sounds always booed off of something else. But in ninety two, well, my mom had had an encounter with one in the mid eighties. So I grew up with bigfoot. I was a kid in the library checking out books on bigfoot. I was a kid checking up books on UFOs A Lotnus Monster. The lot of Monster was one of my favorite ones when I was a kid. I don't know why. I was fascinated with the Lotness Monster and Bigfoot haunted houses and I was just a kid growing up. Joined the army in nineteen ninety three. Yeah, went all over the world, had a good time. In two thousand and well, in ninety nine, I got assigned up Fort Hood and lived in a Hauntae house there lived them, you know, so which is totally different a scenario, but having you know, paranormal and everything happened in my life. In two thousand and two, my unit was doing a I was assigned to a mechanize infantry excuse me at the time. So they were doing a real quick table at gunnery. So a table at gunnery and the military is so all your your armor, your you know, your your tinkers, your Bradley's, your artillery pieces, your aircraft, anything that you know, even a lot in your basic infantry have to qualify as a crew to be combat considered combat radio, if that makes sense. So you have to go through a gunnery, which is a series of you know, firing new respiring options, you know, firing on the move, you know, hitting targets, working together as the crew, and you have to be able to qualify, so you're everybody has to be this way so you can be considered combat ready by the government. So this was in August of two thousand and two, prior to everything over in Iraq kicking off, you know, Afghanistan, and it was already a thing. We were gearing up for Iraq, so everybody was rushing right now to get qualified. Well, the unit was also trying to rush through and get people to be EIB qualified, which is Expert Instrument Badge, and that's a series of tests you have to go through as an insurant soldier to earn this badge, and it's one of the hardest badges to earn in the infantry. I mean, you know, excluding obviously you know Ranger and airboar. You know, we ranger and Special Forces stuff, and this is a badge that says you're an expert in your field. So the unit was doing two things at once. I was e I B, so I was I earned my EIB already, so I s cadre and I had a lane I was supposed to be setting up and getting qualified for them to come through. But yet I got tasked to be put on guard duty for the ammunition that they were using them for the gunnery site. So this is known as the Aha story. We call it an Ammunition Holding Area AJ so aha, you know, almost like the van from the eighties. That's my little joke. But so, normally would you do guard duty on ammunition site saying thing for not with the unit. And for some reason, this location where they put the ammunition at wasn't near the range. They actually had to drive I think about a half a mile to get the AAMO, you know, and drop off brass and links, and then drive back to deliver them the fresh ammo. It was out in the middle of nowhere. And normally you have a radio and you have a weapon because you're supposed to have this a guard you know, ammunition. My first day there, I got there, expected to sign for the radio, expecting and signed for the weapon. Nothing. The guy I relieved, Sergeant m He was like, no, dude, they just do this together. And this is carried up, you know, surrounded by constina wire. Here's a camo. Neet here we go. Now this is in august in Fort Had, Texas. So it's going to be obviously hotter than you know, the back doors of eighties. So first day there nothing. So when you pull twenty four duty in the military, you're on for twenty four hours. You're technically off for twenty four hours, then you do then you go back to the little work schedule. For me, it was on for twenty four, off for twenty four back to the IV site. Then it had to come back to do another round of guard. So my second morning showing up for guard, I went to leave Sergeant Am. I got there and he looked tired. He was had bags in his eyes. He and you tell us slept and you do sleep on guard, did he? It's I mean you're I mean yeah, that's everybody. Yes, yeah, this is one of those things you rotate sleep, you have great rest, it's chill. It's an easy detail to pull, so when you're off for twenty four you're not sleeping. It's kind of nice to get a full day off of work. But so I got there and started to am he uh was tired, And I asked him and said, man, did you not sleep last night? And he goes, no, no, we slept in the bed of my truck. We had coyotes coming in all night, and I was like, oh, all right, so you know coyotes on military basis, they're going to they know where soldiers are at. So we leave trash behind, we leave food behind, we leave mr trash behind. So food, I mean they're going to come in and get it. Go back to watch coyote go and grab a guy's boot that was besides sleeping bag that he was sleeping the end at the time, and he was about fifteen minutes away. We're yelling at the coyote. He grab the boot and took off front of who the woods? What is this where kids come back? Boot? But so sergeant m leaves, we get you know, we're sitting there and I got my little book out. It's a quiet morning, nothing's happening. And I got two kids that were in my company, in a different platoon, so they weren't you know, technically you know, my in my my soldiers, but they're so soldiers and I didn't want to eat an MRI. So probably about mid morning I couldn't leave the site and I told the guys, I said, hey, I got twenty bucks. It wants to run down the post real quick. Get some whoppers. We'll have whoppers for lunch, like oh yeah, hey, so you know, the one kid goes I'll do it so again in twenty bucks. He drives down to a main post, Golsberger King gets the uh the whoppers, and by he comes back with twenty dollars worth of whoppers. This was a ton of whoppers. This is an O two, So twenty dollars is this a ton of whoppers? So we eat our field. We got these leftover whoppers. And the most dangerous creature in the world is a bored infantryman soldier. It really is. You get board grunts and they're gonna get really, really, really creative. So I'm going to refer to these kids from here on us, Daniel Boone and David Crockett. They start making bows and arrows and they're making spears and they're they're bored and there's nothing to do, and we're in the woods and you know, we're talking and when you know, soldiers talk about everything from you know, women, to bear stories, hometown stories, religion, movies, everything all under the sun. Well, these, you know, David Crockett then will be decided to get creative. And they asked me if they could take the leftover whoppers and go make some traps for the the coages that were asking Sergeant End the night before, and of course, sure, go ahead, sure, go ahead. You know one kids from Ohio, the other kids from no New York. So go go make you some good traps. You you go do that, if you know what I mean. So they did. They went out and they sapt three traps, which was yeah, I didn't care. I had a book. I was happy snack on supremechels and be in August. The sun goes down later in the day, you know that, So it's probably you got dark probably between eight thirty nine o'clock that night, and I had a little flashlight with me and I was stretched out underneath the camel came on that leaning up against my rucksack, I believe, and just snacking and reading my book, and they were standing outside. The came on. It was a small little came on, a probably you know, five by five, and they both said well, one of them said did you hear that? And that For some reason that perked my attention, and I looked up at him. I said, here, what like, will sergeant sounding some we dropped the half field of canteen on the ground. And if you've ever heard, you know our canteens, they're half field. They drop on the ground. They do make it to sin kind of a thunk. It's a really unique sound, just it's it's a thunk. So I'm sitting there now. The job is the ammunition area is about four hundred meters away from the hardball, to the west of the hardball. So the hardball is a hard paved ro that everybody drives on. We have in our neighbors. We call those hardball roads, so Pedro's hardball Brian parallel. That was the taint trail. That's where the track vehicles drive on the roads so they don't tear up the asphalt or they concrete. So four hundred meters from to the east of the hardball, down this tink trail was where we were set up at and to where the ammunition, which would have been in front of me was. That was a wide open clearing, probably about a good one hundred and fifty yards completely wide, almost maybe two football fields wide. Two hundred yards wide. Across the other end side of that was a thicket of trees and they had a clear cut through there like they were gonna put telephone poles up at one point in time, So it looked like a neat little alley where the camouflage nanting was set up. Right to the right of it was a thicket. Behind the thicket was a dirt berm that ran up about five feet tall and sloped down towards the east down to the ground. And right past that was where the humbie would come in through the ammunition area. Okay, and the ammunition from where we were at the camera net was probably a good fifteen twenty meters away a little bit probably about our one o'clock issue. And then right behind us on the other side of the little tank trail that we drove down to get to the side was thick woods. It was really really thick woods. Trying to kind of give you get a picture description.
Speaker 2: Is this all within the bases boundaries or is it on the outskirts of the base?
Speaker 1: Now? This all? Yeah? Forehood is huge. This was on north for Hood, which we never trained. Yeah. I got there ninety nine and even in O two and never been that side of Fourhood. Four Hood is besides you know NTC for his one of the largest military stallations in the world. There's so much training ground out there. They own so much property, it is ridiculous. I mean, you could train for days and days and days and not go to saying spoty again. So yeah, we're still on the confines of fore hood. Yeah, at this time, because Arrange was further north of US, about a mile or so up the road for the north of US. Okay it, I mean, it's that far away to where we could not hear them firing at night. You're gonna hear a twenty five millimeters auto kind of go off at not you're gonna hear them boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom. It was far away, we couldn't hear anything. So the kids describe, you know, hearing this funk. And I'm sitting there and what sounded like a car to me coming from the east on the hardball sounded like it hit like a pothole or a manhole cover hit something made a weird noisy. But you just I heard a car and it echoed back and forth, and I went, that's what you guys heard. Y'all heard somebody driving down the road and the sound echoed through and they were adamant. They said, no, it's it's not what we heard. It's not where we heard. It's not where we heard. And I was like, oh whatever, and you know, holding my books still. And that's when I realized that the direction where they said the sound came from, there was no crickets. There was no oh noise. It was quite to my right you could hear everything. Behind me, I could hear everything, but coming to my left, which was to the west, there was nothing. It was just quiet. And then the sound picked up, you know, I mean went the normal and to my right now towards the hardball, it got quiet. So it was just something walked, you know, from the west to the east out there past us. And I remember sitting and thinking, okay, all right, that's odd. And then they did foot flop sound picked up to the to my right, which was to the east, and got it quite over to my left, which was to the west. And I mean it wasn't like a quick unis every five minutes. It was a distinct quiet therefore a minute, if that makes sense, for a good a little bit, but pret good fifteen twenty minutes, and then slowly picked back up again, and it was enough where when the guys heard it, they caught on. And now because I was looking this on to the west and trying to see what I could see if anything was moving out there, and he caught on. I looked at me and goes, kind of quiet, isn't it sorry? And yeah, sure is. They left it at that, you know what I mean. And now my mind I'm thinking there's somebody out here. And then all of a sudden, everything went the normal. All sounding came the normal, and our home be drove down the road. The tank trail Humby showed up to drop off spent brass and links to drop it off. So when they fired, it kicks out, you know, the shelves bright we call him brass, and the links from the the twenty five millimeter and from the coax the SEM sixty machine gun that has. So they're dropping the boxes spent brass and links, and they're picking up more. And I was sign up for everything, and I looked over. I was talking to the humpy driver and I looked over to the camel net and realized that my kim light was gone. It was a green cam light. So the you know, the the gull sticks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we call them kim lights chemical light because that's that's what the army calls them. These are chemical lights. So my kim light was gone and I was like, okay, that's odd, and I was expecting I guess one of my soldiers had grabbed it and was using it to help see to put ammunition into the holeman area. And about that time was when I want to say, David, you know, Crocker came up to me pass to the cam light. I didn't have the kim light, and the driver of the humby gave me a full box of camlins. Was nice, and we know we shot the ship for a few more minutes and then they left and we get back over to the camel net and they were both freaked out at this point in time because the kimlight was gone and this sounds you know, the light of knew he said from before. So we had a conversation and I fully expected this time to see my kim light bounce them through the woods like they coyote had it or Jerry had like an animal. I came in and grabbed it and took off front with us. So I expect you to see run around in my mind at this point time is everything is natural. There's no supernatural, there's no crypto, there's no paranormal. There's nothing happening if there's no point in time, right, that's the only guys said, I, you know what, somebody's out here messing with us. There's another unit out here training. That's got to be They think either were the out four or with the blue floor and they're moving around this that's what they're doing. No, we have no nods, we have no weapons, we have nothing. We can't see nothing in the dark work completely yet handicap. I said, so what we're gonna do. All these camlis we got, we're gonna go mark Ah, We're gonna go to every picket and put a cam up on every picket to let everybody know we're here. Yep, they didn't pop that much light, but there's another training out there. They're gonna realize something's up. So they're like, okay, and I said, plastic give it's just a little bit of light to wash the mo So something moves, we'll see it. So they get up with me and I got a little pen light out and get it. The first picket, I crack it. I can't. I marked the picket, walk down the wire, headed towards the to the east, and I get to that corner and I stand there, my backs to the west. I'm facing the east. I stand there and crack it, I mark it. And all this happened simultaneously. In ersecond, everything simultaneously. I turned the corner to head north, and as I do, I take one step, I step into a cold spot that was so cold I saw my breath in the light of the flashlight. Okay, same time I'm stepping this cold spot, I hear a thunk, the distinct half canteen sound thunk. I hear the sound coming to the same direction I heard from, which is the west, and I'm whipping to my head. I'm trying to step back and look, and David Crockett and Daniel Boone a freaking out, like he did you hear it? I'm like, yeah, shut up, I'm trying to step back in this cold spot that's not there anymore. So they're freaking out, and I'm watching to the west because now I hear there's somebody. It's again, it's a canteen. There's somebody physically out there with us. We go around with finished marking the ammunition area, we go back to the camel net and they were always excited. I can't remember what the conversation was about. I said, this was, you know, about twenty three years ago, So now do you remember at one point though I don't remember what made me decide to do it, And I don't know if it was still the sounds going up and down to left and right of me, but I pulled this out of the camel on net and I moved this in between the thicket and this little thinket bush, I mean briar patch kind of thing. It was probably about three and a half into four feet tall, but really really thick they kind of thickness of our rabbit won't run into, you know what I mean. Yeah, And to my left was the ammunition. But the thing it was like a foot away from me. I stressed my arm out was probably another foot before it was right there. I thought, guys were in a squat down and we're going to catch whoever is out here messing with us. And we dropped on down to a three c superimeter. I was facing to the east and I had you know, boon on one shoulder, and cracking on the other shoulder, and they're facing different directions. So I was covering from here and they were recovering, overlapping all around us. And within a matter of minutes of doing this, something by peal starts walking towards me. I've been in the woods a lot. I've had people a lot years of training and walking and listening and ambushing and knowing what people are going to sound like for them walking through the woods and what they're going to walk. And I know what deer sounds like, and I know the rusty sound of a rabbit going to be like, you know what I mean, or an armydello or something. I know this stuff. I mean in the infantry, we don't we don't sit in the barracks all the time we're out training. So this bipedal thing starts walking towards me. And there was no moon out yet. It was the starlight, and there was a cluster trees to the distance, and I was squading down, getting my head lower and lower and lower to try and silhouette whatever was coming to me, if that makes sense. So I could kind of get a good you know what was happening. And Brandon, they probably got about four feet in front of me by sound alone, of course, I'm guessing at this point in time, it's dark. I can't see nothing, and it sounds like it's about four feet in front of me. I turned the flashlight on and well went back and forth turning flashlight on. It's just walking closer. Uh, I'll give it name away. Crocket on my left kept saying, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap. But it wasn't crap he was saying, and I ended up. I was elbowing him to shut him up, as he would, you know, I mean, oh crap, crap, crap, So I was elbowing him. This incomes walking in four feet turn the flashlight on and all simultaneously. Again. As I turn the light on, nothing's in front of me. Immediately to my right and a thicket something bolts and runs. I mean, you hear somebody get up and run. You've been the whist before, you know. It sounds like somebody jumps up and runs, right, Yeah, somebody something jumped up and ram I jump up at this time. So you got my flashlight on. Then I'm running around the thicket. So I'm running parallel to the thinke it to go up on top of the dirt berm to try and intercept whoever's just bolted right. Uh, the guy who was on my left crockett again, We'll just go crock it. He was right behind me. As I was running forward, I got on top of the berm brand this giant rock lands behind me. Bomp, bump. You've thrown big rocks before. You've seen big rocks thrown before. You don't only hit that dump they do that too. Thump skip, yeah right they just in yeah, I thump, thump, and I stopped and I whipped around and again at the bottom of the berm, let's crock it. So I go back down the crocket and I grab him by this beaky top and I'm pulling face to face and I'm like, if this is you, fers FM with me, I'm going to f And there's a lot of fing going on this conversation. As I'm yelling at him and threatening him and you know, no and open his life, I realized he's crying. Brain He's literally I mean, this is a trained infantry soldier crying, crying, scared to death. As I got to face to face and I realized that he's crying behind me in the woods. We just talked about this, not at at twigs snap, not a branch break, a log break, you know how when a log you know, we sound, you know what I'm talking about, loud, loud crumble. And I pushed him off of me, run over the berm, and I crossed the tank trail and I get probably about fifteen feet into the woods. You give a little flashlight on, and this is this is good, you know everything say this is all flat, which it is, and there's no trees on. There's a lot of trees out there, and this was thick and it was just black. This is always a part of the story that I have a hard time with. It was so it was so dark in the woods with the light on, it felt like that my light wasn't really working, if that made sense. It was extremely oppressive, you know, the until you felt that when people said the air is really heavy, it was really just just like crowdy was really pushing down on you. That's what it felt like. And the funny part about it is is that my memory of this isn't of me from me, you know, looking from my own eyes, looking at myself at about the two o'clock, three o'clock positions, or I'm looking at me, if that makes sense, probably about ten feet away or so, watching me with a flashlight. Stop. But I do remember the film that I had though was I needed to get out. I needed to get out. I needed to get out. I needed to get out. I run run is Everything was telling me to run, And it was quiet. Everything was that's quiet, and it's real hard to I don't know. I had to be there, but it was just right. So I backed out. I remember that I slow back out of the woods, and I remember standing there on the tank trail facing the woods, and I felt absolutely defeated. I had I just beat emotionally physically, I was just I remember that looking at the woods and like the woods were looking back at me. Until I turned my head to the right and I saw my pickup truck and that little encling me percked up and I walked straight to my pickup truck. I fired up my truck and I turned the headlights on. It lit those woods up like there was no tomorrow. It was great, Brandon. It was like the clouds part of the sun were shining, angels were singing. Oh. It was amazing. I was ecstatic. I felt warm and happy again. Life was amazing again, until I realized I was breaking noise and light discipline. How to maintain noise and light discipline? And again crap. So I turned my truck off, I shut the head lights off. Everything got dark again, and of course it's still quiet. I just found my truck up. So whatever was happening, everything quite there at that point. But in two thousand and one this movie had come out, became a really big phenomenon. They made like fifteen of them and called Fast and Furious.
Speaker 2: M h, I think I've heard of it.
Speaker 1: I might have heard of it. So the first one came out, oh one, and everybody was doing the neon lights and everything.
Speaker 2: Remember that, Yeah, they were doing that before that movie. I still remember because when I was I was sixteen in two thousand before the movie came out, and I wanted lights under the car because a lot of people were doing that. So it's definitely that era.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, and being the service whar I was behind on everything. But yeah, so then it came out, I was like, I want neons too, so they were illegal, especially on posts. You couldn't have neons, so I ended up getting neons on my My wish wipers flew where we go, so on the midde of my truck, you know there. You know, it was really cool. We push a button and was shoot straight up onto your windshield. You don't do that anymore, I don't think so. But I had. I had my wire up through a togo switch so I could turn it off and on and everything. And I was like, my truck was back up to the tail The tailgate of my truck was where the cameraet was at. Okay, right towards the camera net. So I turned my kneons on and I was like, ah. I walked over to the camel at Barren and Crockett and Boone. Sorry I won't get a name away. They're standing there pretty much hugging each other. Okay, I'm not being I mean, I'm seriously. I mean they were crying and begging to leave, and we were getting into an argument, and I lit up a cigarette and I was like, we can't leave, y'all, we can't. We have to stay. They were begging to leave. I don't know what happened to them while I was in the woods. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I didn't share what happened in the woods with them. They didn't share what happened, if anything happened at all by the ammunition area. So I remember arguing with them and I turned my head towards my truck where then you know, the neon lights were on right Brandon something watch in front of it. Then they winked out, you know when you're walking from a light kind of does a little weeks out. I dropped my cigarette and I was there in a matter of seconds. So I was like, I've got you. Now, I'm going back to there's somebody out here, there's another people aren't messing with us. Seconds seconds of that, and then I was there at the front of my truck. Nobody nobody, nobody running down the tank trail, nobody under the vehicles, nobody going anywhere, and nobody ran into the woods. I would have hurt them, you know, I mean it was thick woods. You're gonna make noise, especially night trying to run through the woods, even with trust me. Ever, great things like vision is a great thing in the world. Try running it through the woods with night vision on. You're gonna fall flat on your face. I can promise you.
Speaker 2: Well even if you're out on base too, like, it would have to have been someone else from a unit out there screwed.
Speaker 1: Around miles miles away from where you.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, it doesn't make sense for it to be anyone, like just a random person that have no access. I guess obviously they broke onto the base, but that doesn't make any sense why someone would do that just to come out learn and screw around with a couple.
Speaker 1: Of guys exactly, and not knowing whether we were armed or not.
Speaker 2: That's that's asking to be shot.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, that's yeah, that's one of those Faranda find out games, you know what I mean. But uh yeah, from there, Yeah, I walked back over and they were staring at me, and I picked my cigarette up, and I looked down and said, we're staying. And I sat down, and my next memory is the moon coming up. And it was about three o'clock in the morning, and there was they were right there with me. There was crickets, noises going on. And then my next memory is the sign coming up. So that morning suddenly comes up. Everybody's braver, everybody's smarter, everybody's all figured out right, We're standing in the air and I said, you know what, guys, I know what it was last night. You check your coyote traps. You'll check those whoppers y'all left out there and they got excided. Oh so that's it. That's it. I'm pretty proud of myself. Look I get it all figured out. Sergeant Am had coyotes. We had coyotes. They started jumping up and down and yelling my name. With the first whopper, got the first trap, and I stroll on over. That whopper had was unwrapped. They do unwrapped the whoppers out the packaging. They had said it on top of the wrapper. So it was an unwrapped whopper, completely untouched, completely intact, had a few insects on it. That was it. Same theme with the second one, same theme with the third one. Nothing came in that night, coyote wise, animal wise, nothing wise came in and touched one of those whoppers.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you so much, want to wait till you're done. So when you went into the woods and you said it was quiet, this is where my mind goes to because if you listen to a lot of people that have had these sort of experiences, they always say the wood like the woods go quiet. You don't hear crickets anymore, you don't hear anything, like, it's just dead silence. So I've been trying to figure out why that is. Now. I know they claim that if there's predators or around or whatever, that you animals get quiet. I think there's a little bit, a little bit of a difference because you mentioned the feeling of getting out of there like this is this is straight wou over here. But yeah, I know, who's to say that. Let's just say these whatever this was because you didn't actually see it, So I won't call it a sass. I won't call a sas squad, I won't call a dog man or whatever. But whatever this thing was was bipedal. Who's to say? And I actually talked with Tony about this when I was on his show. It's like I think he referred to as like a bridge, like it's like a bridge between worlds. Who's to say, Like when you stepped into those woods. The reason that people go like the things go silent because what if these things are opening up a doorway. Everything looks normal to us, but when you step through it, you're in that bridge point between their world and our world. That makes sense, it does.
Speaker 1: You're also tied in with the thump sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So since I've talked to him, I've been thinking about this and I was like, I think there is more Like it makes sense because if these things are of a weird, different supernatural plane of existence or whatever these whatever they are, who knows, it does make sense that you don't hear the normal things because you're entering an area even with like just say paranormal stuff cold spots, like is it something from the other side like when you're entering that. So the energy is different, the frequencies are different, everything's a little bit different because their world's merging into our world. Like That's how I've been trying to rationalize a lot of it, at least to make sense, which doesn't make sense, but it makes sense.
Speaker 1: No, No, I get it, And I'll be honest with you, Like like I was saying, you know, throughout the Home Pire night, you know, the first I mean, the thing walking towards me my mind was a man all the way through. All the way through this was a person coming up towards me. And when the rock got thrown is an O two To be honest with you, never thought. I mean, I was in the big Foot step, but my military career had a priority, so I was more into the military. Yeah, there'd be a TV show or documentary, I'd watch it. That'd be about it. But we didn't have time to watch TV shows. To be honest with you, there's like I you're like eleven years of TV shows I never really watched. So I didn't thinking about bigfoot and rock throwing until like, you know, this is No. Two until like about two thousand and nine, watching a documentary and they were talking about rocks being thrown at him in bolder sized rocks, and I was laying in bed watching it, sat up going, oh my god, that happened to me, you know. But that rock being thrones that really caught me off guard. And I thought it was, you know, those guys carrying the rock running behind me, and that's where my mind was at. They were we're gonna start this rock, you know what I mean, and going in the woods. What was really surreal about it, again is I had no fear of running into the woods. I knew that's where they were at. I was making a bee line, but again I got ten fifteen feet in there and it was. It was silent, and there's I have a flash of me looking at me from you know, would have been me's you know about two three o'clock position, which is surreal, and I'm holding a flashlight in the woods. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: But I don't you know, there's no assol I don't you know. No, none of that was just my memory is of that. But I but I remember just happened to leave where you wanted to leave. You did not want to be there, and the feeling was so strong. My my guards were crying to leave, begging to leave.
Speaker 2: Did you ever ask them what happened?
Speaker 1: No? I never did. I did go up to Sarge so they were not my patunon. Sergeant n was my patun and I ran to him a couple of days lay at the units, and I was kind of the wird guy was I was always in this stuff. So I would talk ghost stories and I would talk bigfoot stuff, and I was, you know, and uh, I said, hey, son, let me ask the question. He goes, what's up? I said, so that night guard duty when I re leaved, you coyotes And he looked me dead in the eye, very sternly went coyotes and went the whack away went whoa, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, come back here, Oh no no, did you see the coyotes? And again he looked me stern in the eye and went coyotes and walked off. Now in the military, I didn't give a crap. I didn't care. I was. I mean, yeah, I was as hard that you wanted to have but didn't want to have. I took care of my guys that do what I trained up hard, and I was goofy I was. I was the fun goofy one. We're gonna goof off. We're gonna have a good time. We're gonna make training fun and realistic. And this is what we're gonna do. I mean I if we were in the barracks, I would have my squad raid the other squad's bergsherms. Yeah we did. That's how I trained them, you know, you know, so we did the little stuff like that. So yeah, we do. I got a lot of trouble too, by the way, got on to that yet, But you know, beide this point. The guys that came up to me about a week later, the guards Boone and Crockett did and they had we had. I had to map out how to get to this the guard side. We that's how we had to get there was by maps. I mean, so there's like, okay, here's a grit warnt go okay, So I had a plot of grid and drive my vehicle out. Oh yeah it was. It was great. So that's how we had to get there. And they were like, hey, looks on there's an archaeological site probably about two thousand meters away. And I was like, yeah, look, then there's another one about two thousand meters away from that one, and there's another one over here, so four hoods on there on the on the maps have spots for archaeological sites. And they were and I bless her heart, they're trying to tie in what happened to us, and we were going with the paranormal that night, if that makes sense. That's the only time we ever talked was about about fifteen minutes that day. And they're like, it's going to be ghosts on and I was like, no, I don't know what it was, just leave it alone. But you know, so let me go back to the you know, I left. You know, I got relieved by my relief and I went home and my ex wife when I got home, looked at me, and as she described it, I had bags under my eyes. So I looked like I had slept, I mean, and I don't remember sleeping, you know. I h Todd niece is a good friend of mine. He had an encounter ninety three with three sasquatch and he actually went through and did regressive hypnosis on it. He encounted to pull up more details as such. And we've talked about this before. He's encouraging me to go back because I have all this missing time from that night. Now, you know, after you know, the light, I thought we canna like sat down supt a cigarette. Then like the moon comes up four hours later, and then the sun comes up a few hours after that. I have no idea what took place in between, you know. So but that morning, though, my ex looked at me and she was like, ye are you okay? I mean, she's I mean, I look pale. I was shaken. I had bags under my eyes. I looked one hundred percent ext I mean, just more and now. And I was like, yeah, when I kind of told her what happened, and she goes, that is so weird like yeah, And that evening we were going to a buddy mine place and I mean his why we're having us sober, We're gonna barbecue, have some beers, that kind of thing, just kind of chill out. And when I got there, I was still shook up where you know. Sam looked at me and he goes, you know, hey, man, you all right? I said, no, I had the craziest night last night. And he goes, what I said, man, and again started off like you're not going to believe this shit. And I went and told him and he goes and don hervery. Sam was from uh Mexicial who immigrated on and became John Under. Sam goes, what do you want to do? I said, I want to get my truck and I'll drive back out there again. Then he goes, let's go. So we did. We got my truck and I drove right back to the guard site at night, about ten o'clock at the night. Drove all the way back up there, and when I got there, I was like, what I want to tell these guys why I'm here. And the guy that relieved me, he goes, hey, man, what are you doing here? I went, oh, dude, I man I had a knife back here last night and I can't find it and know if I dropped it out here or not. I'm doing if I look around for a minute, and I got my flashlight for Tim to look around the camel on that stuff, and I'm asking him how's everything going, And he's like, okay, he woke me up. You know, it felt normal standing there around looking around, and I even wandered off for a minute and I walked into the woods. Felt normal. Even with me driving down the road. There are still insects going on and crickets and everything happening. I mean, it was normal. And we got back to my truck and I let to say him. I was like, this is this feels normal and he goes, yeah, bro, and he goes, what do you think happens? Like I don't know. And I went back to his place, But yeah, I mean it's it felt normal.
Speaker 2: I am not a person of the woods. Like I don't mind going out in the woods during the day, the ones it gets overgrown like in the summertime and stuff. I don't like being out there because it's so thick. And you we discussed as earlier. I'm not a fan of certain creepy crawley things that are around in the woods all the time. So for me, like that's why I need to get all this stuff to finish this documentary before things get overgrown and you can't see anything anyways. But I'm not looking forward to going out in the woods at night time. That is the Like I'm not afraid of the dark, and I'm not afraid of the woods, but like just because it being the woods and it's dark and it's just me and it's one other person that gives it automatic creep factor because let's just say that there isn't anything out there. It's the fact that you don't know and the darkness of not knowing what's just around that tree. Like I don't know, I've been excited for doing this, but that creep factor has set into me now that it's like, man, the days are getting close to go out there and start doing this, and now I'm like, shit, I actually have to go out there and do it.
Speaker 1: Because I'll be honest with you, there's I mean, it's been you know, I was in you know I would uh yeah, I stayed in obviously that's still in the military for a few more years. So I got hurt and I got out in before, so I spent a lot of time out the woods and you know, other countries at that time. But every once in a while, even out there training or whatnot in the woods at night, that would pop into my head. And now even now when I go out and do a night investigations, I I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm still a little, little, little little weary of it because of what took place on the Search of for Sasquatch episode. We do a night investigation and yeah, there are some weird stuff that happened to us and I actually have and we don't know if it kind of I don't know if it's on my camera. Jason won't tell me yet because as of recording, the episode hasn't dropped. But there's one part where the camera's on me and I'm standing and we're kind of on a line at this ridge that the little validy goes down and we're just kind of listening and just kind of doing our thing, and the camera was on me, and I had saw the stick on the ground and I was like, well, because we were coming in this valley, me and Todd niece heard movement something like you know rustling or Russian, you know rustling down right below us. Why it was daylight, and we both looked at Chilther I got quiet and kind of waked up, and we're kind of looking trying to look see if we've see anything moving down there. I was like, no, well, this weird stick was sitting there that then't fitting on the trees around me. And I was like, well, maybe this is where we heard the stick or something. And I turned around and I had uh todd Nissan on my head and something rushes it comes running up behind me. As I spun around, there was nothing there, and the camera guy caught and he sees I don't know if it was running. I don't know if we caught anything, but there's that part where you whip around. So but that wasn't nowhere near as freaky as that night.
Speaker 2: The fact that you didn't actually see it makes it a little more creepier. And that's just because, at least to me, is you still don't know, and it's the unknown aspects of things that drive me crazy. Like I saw what I saw, and I still don't believe what I saw, and I want to know what I saw. So that the unknown aspect to that. If I didn't actually see anything, I think would actually drive me more crazy of trying to figure out exactly what made what wood in front of the lights? What was the sounds like that to me, like I said, that's I don't not to describe it basically, like that would be the thing that would eat away at me. Is not knowing at all? What was that?
Speaker 1: So? Is it lighting? Like? Am I getting.
Speaker 2: Weird that it has been the whole time?
Speaker 1: That's weird because it's I was just watching it going normally been watching you, but I'm looking at myself going, well, is it getting darker?
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's been doing that the whole time. I don't know what it's been doing. But like when you're talking, like it got really really really dark and then it got brighter again, it gets really dark again.
Speaker 1: So I've so the first time I told the story to Justin and Jay, Justin was at the children's hospital when his wife is getting ready to get birth of twins. Couldnot use the episode audio anything is bad way I redo it. Couldnot use it? Uh yeah, Ryan interviewed me. Ryan of Boston Coachy's The Curiosities, same thing. His audio was screwed up and use it. We had to redo it.
Speaker 2: Well hopefully this one's not. I'll know here a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this is the story that long to everything got me pushed. Jacob, who helped me co hosts. He's a really good, great guy, good friend. We would talk about the Aha story from time to time, you know, sit around bar a couple of guys. This is kind of how drink Crims just started. But he told me a couple of years ago to listen because I was trying to push stuff up. And now we get windy goes and skin walkers and I don't think there's no skin walkers in Arkansas. I can promise you that there's not going to be a skin walkers in Arkansas. I'm way too ease for skinwalkers. Yeah, but it came up with so many different cryptids at the same time and I couldn't narrow it down. So he told me to go on listen to podcasts and I found Chasbos Chronicles and I heard any Counter on there and a guy described the same things. Something walking up and they started talking about cloaking or whatnot. I was like, well, well wait a minute, okay, hold on a second. It's similar to what happened to me. Something was there, but it wasn't there. So I emailed West and like, hey, okay, if you heard you know, you got a hold of me. We talked for about forty five minutes of the phone about everything, and he goes, yeah, for you know, similar encounters is such. He goes, do you want to come on the show? And I did. That's how I got I want to do the stuff is because through there. But what I went through, I have no idea what it was. I can't look at you and say, yeah, that was bigfoot, that was a dog man, that was a camera. Lights flickering behind me, which is weird because there's no life flickering in the house.
Speaker 2: You're dark right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been doing that. Al I don't know if it's the light behind you cause them to do that.
Speaker 1: The only light I have behind me is this lamp there. I'll show you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's my sense he h. And that's my newly adopt the little dog.
Speaker 2: My dog's probably in bed, well.
Speaker 1: Mine is, so I have my boy Jackie's in his bed and he might come out here in a second. But my kid made me adopt a little you Boston Terrier last week and they named him Nugget. So I have a dog named Nugget.
Speaker 2: I've got a Siri, which is funny because the phones, I think we're referring to that. And her name is Princess Sorilla from the Witcher that we call her Siri, and she's a white German shepherd, so she's the White Wolf, so so there's reference to that. And because we're dorky nerds. The other dog we just got last year is again my parents come home with two was a brother and sister that someone was getting rid of, and they're golden doodles. So we took the mail and because he's got almost was like a fro because his hair is so curly and everything, we called him Fro.
Speaker 1: Do love it.
Speaker 2: So we got Frod and Siri. I was like, well, we got the the nerd aspect going on in the house.
Speaker 1: But I'm a diehard Star Wars nerd. I mean, so like my the tavernat I built outside, what is really neat is I have some little crypted things in there, but I also have like a little Star Wars stuff. I've got the Holy Grail from I Jones behind the bar. I've got the the cube from hell Razer nice just kind of sitting there. I've got, you know, a little predator mask, you know, I've got I have a jeep, so I get ducked all the time and we do the de game stuff, and I ended up getting a duck that's dressed up as Slimmer from Ghostbusters and such. You know. So I have weird little cryptied things put up down there and little paranormal stuff. And Holly would kind of like, oh, you know, I've got like the the amber piece with the mosquito in it from Jurassic Park. So I get the whole nerd aspect, Like my whole bathroom was decorated in the sasquatch stuff. So it's yeah, I trust me, I respect the nerd.
Speaker 2: You can't see it, but basically this site over here is all of my Godzilla stuff. I'm a huge Godzilla nerd. That's literally what I'm rocking right now. But all of my toys and all my other stuff like posters and pictures and stuff, it's all over there, and everything back here is all my cryptid stuff. My buddy did most of the artwork. He does all the drawings and stuff. So I've got it back there, and but no on the desk, I've got my random little cryptid figurines. I've got my dog man and I've got them off Man. And then I actually just got this a couple of weeks ago, little bigfoot sasquatch guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's pretty cool. I got to we did a town hall meeting I did when we were doing the documentary. We did a town hall up in Harrison, Arkansas, and we had a guy show up again this really neat little wood carving thing with you know, Bible coat and everything about, you know, with bigfoot and stuff like that on it. That's pretty cool. So I have that down here as well. And then I got a three D printed bigfoot somebody did and they gave they gifted meat, which is pretty Awesomehow.
Speaker 2: My uncle did the sign up here, I can't really see it behind me, boots, you can kind of see the little big finiss on air or whatever. He did that by hand. And then my father in law he actually has a bigfoot carved out. They have one of those laser machines, so well, the wood engraved. I got a wooden grave bigfoot up there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then so that's a story. I had to change the subject there because I'm not gonna lie. It's you know, even living it and it's being you know, twenty three years ago.
Speaker 2: It's still still screws with you, it does, you know.
Speaker 1: When I was you know again, I just you know, we just redid my interview with the you know ry on Friday, and you know, Friday nice to me? Are my unwind from cause I work a normal job besides doing this stuff, and I'm a single dad. So when I'm kid free, my Friday night is the fire pit, you know, right there at the tavern outside, so we do fires. People come over, we drink severers, we relax, we play music and it's just me that unwind. And I got done with it and people showed up afterward. And now my buddy Tony I thought my him earlier, was like you all right, so yeah, I just went through and he goes, aha, well pretty much.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm to the point now or I don't enjoy talking about Like when people always ask me you want to come on my show? You want to come on show? I was like, sure, I don't want to be that person said no, because I understand what it's like needing guests shows. I don't want to tell people no. But since I did Tony's show, I've not done another interview just because I don't enjoy doing an interview. It's weird I interview people. I have a show, but I don't enjoy talking about myself.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So it's like I feel awkward being the one talking about my stuff because for the first year of this show, I never talked about anything about myself because I didn't want the show to be about me.
Speaker 1: So it's, yeah, same thing.
Speaker 2: So it's weird to be.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing about it is what I've learned is it does turn into a too about us to a point, And yeah, I think it's a lot of way for the audience and for our guess a lot of ways to understand, you know, when they do want to come on, because I know for a lot of people it is you know, I've had I've had I've had a few people come on and they were real, real hesitant and nervous to talk about it. And you know, I fact when people get some emotional and I want to be able to create that you know, that safe space, you know, like we were talking. You know, it's hard to you know, interview somebody and sometimes you want to ask certain questions, but you don't want to have to call somebody out at the same time. And I look at it as you know, I got asked, you know, off every by somebody a couple of weeks ago, a by the show. I'm like, well, do you believe everybody? And my answer to them was, I believe everybody's coming on my show experience something mm hmm. What that was, I don't know, misidentification of an animal. I don't know who was it this, I don't know. I know they had something, whether it be paranormal or cryptid enough to the point where they're not getting paid to come on the show. I'm not giving them money, come on, They're not writing book deals, not going to Hollywood for them, you know, I mean with a script. These are our neighbors. These are people down the street who got brave enough to come on. So I think that when we do and they do know that we've had encounters, and they do know that we've had experiences, you know, and they do know that that's what made us, do you know, get our platform out there and create a platform for them to come on and to knock it out so that they'll you know, the more you talk it out, the more it gets easier. And it does to a point. But at the same time too, though, when I get done with the story, I have to change the topic. If you know, I jumped right away from it.
Speaker 2: It brings up everything again, Like whatever you felt that night comes creeping back in, at least it does for me. And yep, I wasn't creepy. This was what's funny though, Like I was asked by Vic kund Off, like, how did it impact me? And I told him it didn't have any impact on me, which isn't true because I'm doing a frigging show about all this stuff. So after I said all that, I got thinking about it, I was like, well, clearly it did have some sort of an impact because it's bothered me for so long of not knowing. And the reason I wanted to start a show is because I thought maybe I wouldn't feel so bad about not knowing what happen to me because I'm giving people a chance to talk about it. Because I never felt like I could talk about what happened to me, and I don't want to try and say I'm here to prove or disprove anybody. I'm literally just letting people come on here to talk. Now, just like you, you really believe everything that comes on your show. I have been honest from the get goes. I remained skeptical on a lot of stuff. That's just how I have to stay grounded, because if you don't have that balance, you're going to go right off the cliff and you're out in La La Land, floating around on whatever bubble you're floating on. So I try and stay grounded in the skepticalness. So I don't say I believe everything, but I believe whoever comes on the show believes what they're telling me.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to argue that this person didn't have this experience because I wasn't there. As much as it sounds like complete another nonsense to people, we weren't there, we don't really know. So that that's the mentality that I take with it is I wasn't there, so I cannot verify one way or the other. But this is what they're saying to happen, and I believe that they believe this is the truth. So it's third face So that's been my mantra.
Speaker 1: Same, absolutely same, because I have my own cryptical beliefs, have my own paranormal beliefs, you know that I keep. And I'll be honest with you though by doing the show and you know, talking with you know, guys like you, you know justin a Jay right, you know John, all these other podcasters and stuff, who we all are getting these encounters and listening to people talk. My opinion on like my opinion of Bigfoot changes every hour and a half. I'm not gonna lie, it really does, because I will obviously thinking, well, wait a minute, no, somebody said that they had Okay, that ties in with somebody else, you know what I mean. So my opinion changes all the time. And then when it comes to lad the paranormal, Like my new theory right now on shadow people is you know they talked about how you know, when they got flowed the world and the Nephelim and everybody was killed, but they had no soul so they couldn't well, they had sold, but they couldn't go to heaven. They couldn't go to hell. So they left the room and I'll go, well, what are the shadow people of the So the spirits of the watchers, and that's what they're doing because they're like peeping toms. Every shadow person that I've encountered, and every shadow person that I hear people talk about about ninety nine percent of them are there's a shadow person, like you know, right there. It's like peeking out of the corners. Because you make eye contact with it, it runs away, right, So I'm like, what are there? You know? So they're peeping toms, you know, That's kind of how I look at shadow people.
Speaker 2: That's the watchers. I thought that, uh, maybe the shadow people are again just the whole loose side. But what if they're on that other plane of existence and we're only seeing it's bleeding into our world, so that veils a little thinner or whatever you want to call it. I know that's the cliche term, but we're seeing aspects to the other side. Now. I threw this out to someone else and they actually they I don't remember who the hell it was, but they actually like my theory as maybe once we leave here, like once our energy leaves this plane of existence. And I'm not saying to heaven, I'm not saying a hell, but what if we achieve whatever we are here and we leave our body. What if those shadow people are not us, but like people like us that have moved on to the next stage. I'm like, yeah, which I've heard apparently there's different stages of Heaven and Hell lately, which I didn't know about any of that either, but I guess Dante's Inferno, there's what nine levels of Hell?
Speaker 1: Nine levels of Hell and Dante's Inferno. It was my theory on having in Hell is that there that there are different dimensions?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is, that's what they are. That's how I kind of not to make religious people angry, but like that's how I see it too, as like Heaven is just another plane of existence in Hell's zone. Yeah. So my friend Brad, he has his own theories about stuff, but.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: He talks about Hell like people refer to it as being hot, he said, and if you ever touched something so cold that it feels hot. So we talk about these lower frequency beings. We're refer to them as demons and Hell and everything from there. But it's so dark and dingy and cold that it feels hot because when you touch something that's so like, finger gets burnt, ice burned, Like Yeah, he said, maybe that's the interpretation and we're just thinking as its being hot but it's so cold and stuff. Because of that, I was like, I mean, that's a different theory, but it's plausible. At this point, everything's plausible.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right. I'm with you on that way. It is plausible. And that's what the love Deell again, that's why I love doing this stuff because you know, chrisms, paranormal is a favorite topic of mine, always has been. I mean said football. I'm a diehard football fan too, so.
Speaker 2: I've been watching free agency only oh.
Speaker 1: God, I know. So I'm a diehard Steeler fan, so I need for the news. I'm winked for the news. I'm wink for the news for the news.
Speaker 2: We just signed Daniel Jones.
Speaker 1: So there's that what y'all did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, I mean get Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: I don't know at this point, they should have just kept Justin Fields.
Speaker 1: That That's what I just wanted to do. I don't want to get I did not want to catch Justin Fields. I was hoping we would have kept him. Highly impressed with the young man. I wasn't excited when we got him last year. But Washington play. We went three and one with him right off the back of the season, so I had no problems with him. Great. I mean, yeah, looked great to me. I was I was all down. I was on the field. Shit. I was thinking, yeah, we're gonna sign to another two three years.
Speaker 2: I think he could have done great had they give him the time. Like he came from Chicago, which the Bears have notoriously had shit quarterbacks for how many years?
Speaker 1: Got a problem there.
Speaker 2: So I thought he would do better in a different environment, he might do better. But now he went to the Jets, so I'm like, he's right back to the Just the Jets and the Bears are about in the same class of having bad quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I got a Bears quarterback last year and I'm about to get the Jets quarterback year. About funny how that your show went from you know, we went all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very ADHD show. Here. We went from Cryptis to football, and everyone's like, shut up, I don't want to hear about football, but we probably can't wrap this one up. It is late for me and I've got work in the morning, so we.
Speaker 1: Don't feel bad the same thing. Like I said, I'm a single dad. I work, so that's why sometimes it's hard for me to get scheduled down right. I would love whenever you want to talk about it, Levey, have you come on the show.
Speaker 2: I will give you the opportunity to be one of the first ones when I start doing more interviews again, because I don't mean opportunities and like I'm a big, big time, big shot or whatever, so don't take it away. But like I've been asked by like five or six different people and I've told them no, and I feel bad about it, but I'll be one of the first ones to reach out to you when I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, like I didn't I do so. Yeah, I'm sorry it took so long to come on. I really am. Like I said, I got sick. I got sick. I mean it.
Speaker 2: It happened to me. I was sick for about two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. I saw that. I saw that you were sick, Like, oh man, that poor guy. I know he's struggling. And then we're getting ready for mine. I was so boom. I was like, oh dude, you're not gonna believe this. Yeah, Tony would put it. We got hit with some spiritual warfare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't ever get sick. And it's funny because I was talking to my buddy and I think I cursed myself because I said I haven't had the flu since I was a kid. And then Bam got tested and had influenza A. I was like, great, and then my daughter had it, and then everyone else and like we just my oldest when we got COVID three and a half years ago, she's the only one that didn't get it. We all got the flu. She's the only one that didn't get I was like, even, she must have the greatest freaking but she seems to be She's always snotty and sniffy and always seems like she has a head cold, but she never gets sick.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: We get bombarded by crap and I hardly rarely. I might get a head cold here and there, but I'm usually never getting sick. And when I got COVID, it kicked my ass, and this flu kicked my ass.
Speaker 1: Well, I got I got like you with the flu. Didn't catch a flu, just happened to catch a little stomach bug. But we got here with an ice storm and I was supposed to go film on that Saturday before you and me were going to do our interview, and I got ahold of them Friday night and I said, you don't want me there at all. I feel I can't put any energy into what I'm doing. I'm so I mean congested. It was at my chest and I'm still fighting a little bit of it. I'm not completely out of it yet.
Speaker 2: I still got the cough yep. So I keep muting myself just.
Speaker 1: Because I apologize for I do apologize. I wasn't blown you off. I wasn't blown you off at all. That wants you to take that at all.
Speaker 2: No, I completely get it. I give you the benefit of the doubt. Now, if someone reaches out and they have to reschedule, I'll give them the one. But if it happens more than once, I'm just like, all right, well, I'm not going to keep rescheduling. But since you do a podcast and you know how it is with people, so I was like, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for that one and I'll work around with it. Because I had to reschedule a lot of episodes. I actually just had to reschedule an interview that I had the other day, but that was because of other things. It wasn't sickness.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, no, so they'll let's make your audience laugh. I was getting ready to interview a lady about fairies for polk, right m hm. And we were talking prior to you, getting ready to record everything else set up, getting ready to hit that record, but in my stomach made that gurgling sound you know, you know that, you know, the grilling sounding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, okay, maybe, okay, all right, all right, hang I say it made it again? That feels oh. I said, hey, I'm gonna have to call you back. I do appolylish is that's okay? And fifteen minutes later takes I said, hey, look I just got sick. There's no way I can do this at all. So that was probably my most embarrassing podcast moment at all, getting ready to get record and had run.
Speaker 2: I can't think of anything embarrassing that's happened, but there's been a few times where things didn't hand out. There is an episode I actually have to get back with the guests because it's never been released because halfway through the internet connection lost. I don't know what happened, Like we just we were actually talking about some demonic stuff. So I thought it was strange. My internet went out. That seems to be a weird thing that happens. But so we were supposed to reschedule. He's never reached back out to me, so I should probably reach out to him out getting things. Just redo the whole episode, not try and pick it up from when we left off, but like, just redo the whole thing. But I don't know. There's certain topics that I've recorded with people and the audio gets choppy, like you mentioned earlier, like some of the things that you talked about with people, and it doesn't the audio ends up getting screwed up. I've never had the audio completely screwed up, but I've had to never recorded the interview at all.
Speaker 1: Well, RAI said it sounded like he was in a tin can all the way through, and Aul Justin told me was He goes, dude, it was so bad. He goes, there's no saving it. It was horrible. There he goes, it was such a great interview too, And I was like, oh, okay, because it never dropped. And finally he messages me, I go, did I do that bad of a job? It's just one of those technical difficulty ones just no no, no no no. So yeah they got me back on again, but yeah it was uh yeah, so watching the camera though, that says like, why is it get dark? And it hasn't done it since? Has it?
Speaker 2: I only did that one other time when I pointed it out to you, but other than that hasn't done it.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: So now I'm nervous because usually I record on my roadcaster, but I also record with Zoom. This one I didn't record with zoom because I felt like I didn't really need to, And now I'm gonna be real shitty if it doesn't record. This is the only one I've never made a double copy, so this will be the one. This will be the one that screws up on me.
Speaker 1: Oh I hope not.
Speaker 2: Well, Matt, it's been a pleasure before. We'd go. Let everyone know where they can find your podcast.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Brendan. Uh yeah, drunkncripmas dot com is a website. We're on Facebook, Instagram X. We're more active on Facebook. I do have Tommy Hill else produce my show. So Tommy's really good checking emails all the time. He monstras Facebook to a point. I pretty much see the Facebook stuff, Tommy send us a lot of force as well. But yeah, that's where we're at. All your streaming platforms, Yeah, yeah, you're there, YouTube, Spotify, Apple, all of them, you know.
Speaker 2: So anywhere you listen to Tenfoil Tells you can find drunkencryptis.
Speaker 1: I listened to you on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Well, Matt again, it's been a pleasure talking to you, but we're gonna roll on out. So thanks to Matt and thanks for listening. If you would like to be a guest on Tenfoil Tels, remember to send an email to Tenfoil Tells Podcast to gmail dot com, or you can also go to tenfoiltales dot com and go to the contact section. Just make sure to reach out and get hold of me and we will get something to schedule for a future episode. You can also find Tenfoil Tales on Facebook and Instagram. Just look for Tenfoil Tales podcast and reach out to me that way too. Remember to share the show around. Word of mouth is the best way to help the show grow, and just remember truth comes at cost. Are you willing to pay the price