Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone. You'd think I could have some fun on my own, but not all.
Speaker 2: I thought if with Cecily and Stephanie, what's up, everybody, Welcome to boord af It's our favorite show.
Speaker 1: It's the fa it is time of the week. That's my song, I am bord e f.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't walk andy. What if we just made that or a theme song? You know what?
Speaker 3: Today I went to this place near uh not not it doesn't matter where it is. But it's like this new little burger place. Okay, and I what's a called name of it? That's exactly what wasn't saying. I don't fucking then that would be the best part, because I'm gonna plug it so hard.
Speaker 1: Damn. I'll think of it. I'll look it up.
Speaker 3: But I just wandered in. I wanted something like a chicken sandwich or something, you know, to take home. And I walked in and it was like it was for me. First of all, it was cozy.
Speaker 1: Colors and really pretty red and creams and no bloud music. It was like it was made for me.
Speaker 3: I walk up and I'm like, oh, I don't eat like bee for anything, and this woman who I believe I'm probably related to, and that's the way all to say, you know what I'm saying, I believe we're related. Okay, you know what I mean. And I was like, and they had falafful. You could get falaffel in a burger instead of a burger, so it's exactly like a burger with like pickles and ketchup and everything, but with falafful. And I was like, I want that. So I got that and she's like, okay, it'll be right, and it was so inexpensive. I'm like, what dream am I in? It's like five dollars, Like this is amazing. So I got it. And then when I she's like, okay, it'll be out in like just five minutes. And then I look to the left and there's like a little portion of the store that's a candy store, and I go, wait, is this part of your place? And she's like yes, she goes, go on in on the right side it's all Swedish candy. On the left it's all American candy. And I was like, why, she goes, go get it back and go get some candy. So I went and got just a bunch of gummy worms. I'm like, I don't know what this is, but it's like the best thing. I've got to look it up.
Speaker 2: Right, that's so cool, I know, and I hope they make it because it's been in a spot.
Speaker 3: It's bias Starbucks. That has been everything. It's been like every possible. It was the counter. Remember that burger place. Yeah, it has been like twelve different places it was. It was Veggie Grill for a while, which I didn't hate. But this is like fabulous and I want it to do well. So how do I find it? Burger Place on Sunset?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Yes, yeah, it's McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Place, but it was it's Burger King.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of that?
Speaker 2: They have like the best fries. I was so shocked. These fries are like amazing.
Speaker 1: I found it. It's called Patty Boys, and it's wonderful.
Speaker 2: So if you are in Hollywood, okay, what if it was literally what if you're like, it's called so you called Proud Boys. It's so delicious. They're really like their attitudes and there are so delightful. They're very patriotic, very no, it's so good. I'm telling you, Pattie Boys. It's on Sunset.
Speaker 3: If please come to La and go there and support this business because I met the owner and she was a delight. And you can get falafful instead of beef, which I think is a nice change.
Speaker 1: It's just chickpeas. You're not killing anything. Oh I love it. I love it. It's not the hell it's it's it is very fattening.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a lot of calories and a flafful, But I find it delicious and I feel good about myself when I'm eating it, and I feel like, in many ways I'm sort of part of the Middle East peace process by just ordering it.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that, and I would say everyone in a lot, yes, in many many.
Speaker 3: Ways, in many ways, because everyone can claim the falaffel. And I lived in Tel Aviv, which you know, I lived in Tel Aviv for about six months. That's sack crazy, I know it is crazy. And but I had falaffel from every corner like and I traveled a lot. I went to Egypt, and I went all around the region, and I had tried falafel in all the places and they were all they all had their own little spin on it, but everybody was very proud of it. And it was kind of a nice delicious little thing with the hormus.
Speaker 2: And how was the situation in the Middle East when you lived there?
Speaker 1: And I was there? Pretty crazy. I was there in the mid nineties.
Speaker 3: It was around the Oslo Accords, so a lot of shit was going down. There's a lot of terrorism. I remember I wasn't allowed to take the bus. I wanted to go to Jerusalem. I'm not religious, for those who you know, but I just was you know, you want to go to you're in Israel, you might go there and you take the bus. System was really good, but buses were being blown up pretty much constantly. So my parents put their foot down and they were like, you're just you have to take a cab.
Speaker 1: So you could take a cab.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't that expensive because the dollar is pretty strong back then, you know there and so but yeah, and then there was a there was a like a club, like a dance club that got bombed while it was next door to our school.
Speaker 1: Oh that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody I know that was there, but people died. Yeah, it was pretty crazy. It was pretty crazy. But it was weird because we didn't have I had very little access to TV or news, not necessarily. I was in college, so it wasn't but we didn't have TVs in our dorms, so I.
Speaker 1: Really like it was this really cool.
Speaker 3: And we didn't have cell phones yet, so it's no phone no, so we were just existing. So we would hear about these things. But like maybe a couple of days later in the post. Wow, Yeah, it was like a whole other time, but it is beautiful.
Speaker 2: I listened to this podcast recently. It's called September twelfth, so it's it's it was a podcast about September eleventh, but like what happened sort of afterwards, it's.
Speaker 1: Really it was. It was. It's a pretty good podcast.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the first one of the stories that they were talking about on it was that there was this group there was there was a group of people on this ship that was they were part of a game show. They were part of like a you know, like a survivory kind of game show, and I can't remember exactly what it was called, but they had no access to the outside world, and so when September eleventh happened, there was like a whole thing among the they didn't know like what to do, like whether to tell them about it. Whoa so I guess they did tell them about it, but it didn't feel real to any of them because you know, they were just like wait, what, like.
Speaker 1: It just seemed too crazy. And of course they.
Speaker 2: Didn't see any footage because they were still on this reality show. So then when the reality would it kind of ended or whatever, it was apparently very very very shocking because then they all of a sudden it hit home. So they'd been kind of like, you know, joking around with each other and it just didn't feel real to anybody, and then they get back and all of a sudden, they're like, oh my god, holy shit.
Speaker 1: Like that is really interesting. I wrote.
Speaker 3: A month later, I wrote I tried to write a script. Nobody read it, including my own managers. But I did write a little thing about during COVID, about that that there was a Big Brother. It was like the same thing there. These people were in Big Brother. They didn't know about COVID, so they didn't know that the world shut down. So when they walked out of the Big Brother house, and in my version, they all walked out together, not like one you know.
Speaker 1: It was like, Okay, the show's over, you all go.
Speaker 3: And then they saw it like they're like what happened to the why is nobody working? Why is everything boarded up? But you know it was a lot worse, like right, it was a zombie. It was kind of a fun little zombie reality show type thing that I put together. Nobody cared if anybody's listening and they want and if Stephanie would like me to if she wants to help write it.
Speaker 1: But it's already said you wrote it.
Speaker 3: I wrote it, but it's not nobody read it like it's apparently you could maybe you could jazz it up.
Speaker 2: So I think what you're saying is if anybody wants to, like manage you.
Speaker 3: Or read it or help help make it, we could make it on an iPhone, like Steven Soderberg, do we make a thing on an iPhone? Why are we having to wait for Hollywood?
Speaker 1: Is that even the thing?
Speaker 2: I feel like at this point people would be like, but that's not That just means you don't have any money.
Speaker 1: That's not really creative. Steven Soderbergh does it still?
Speaker 3: I mean you can tell, yeah, he did it, like I mean, maybe he doesn't always do it, but he did this awful movie that everyone liked. And I can't remember what it's called but I was shot on iPhone. I'm like, yeah, you can tell, but a lot of years ago, right, not that long ago, like a few maybe three.
Speaker 1: I remember that. I'm gonna look it up. Steven Soderberg. I don't know how.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll know it when you say the name of the movie. But I did not like it so annoying.
Speaker 1: How do you spell see Steven Soderberg?
Speaker 2: Is it? Oh, it's the O D E R. Well, I don't care about that part. Stephen Soderberg. I'm gonna write iPhone movie iPhone move. Oh it comes right up?
Speaker 1: Uh oh unsane? Yeah, not good.
Speaker 2: Is not what I was thinking of. He's done entirely on the iPhone seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm telling you, and if you can tell, and you're sort of watching it, and that's so funny because not to get us, it's bord afs.
Speaker 1: So we can go wherever we want, right, so we can talk about anything.
Speaker 3: But I just saw the pt Anderson movie, and you know, I'm a fan. I mean, I don't like.
Speaker 1: I don't go.
Speaker 3: Usually I wait for screeners when it's a three hour movie because I don't really like sitting.
Speaker 1: But I went.
Speaker 3: I went, and they were very The studio was like, you really should see it on our Burbank in our Burbank theater, because it is it was shot on VistaVision and it will show on VistaVision. And I'm like, bitches. I didn't say bitches, but I'm like, y'all know, I do not care about VistaVision. I don't know what that is. I cannot tell the difference. I just want popcorn. So which screening room is going to have popcorn? And they're like, well, the grove. I'm like, I'll do the grove. Then that's I'm not like the most.
Speaker 1: I don't even. Yeah, I don't know what that. Nobody knows.
Speaker 3: I asked my friend who went with me to the movie, to the screening. He was he'd gone to film school, and I was like, what is that? And he goes and I don't even He's like, I don't even know. It's an old school device. It was something they did in the eighties, so it's an old it's like a different camera lens. Film buffs will understand, and I'm sure they will be wowed, but I was not wowed.
Speaker 1: I was not wowed.
Speaker 3: I was like because the whole thing was just explosions and gunshots, and I just maybe I just like wasn't in the mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But also if you're I just I never understand, like, hey, we have new stuff that works that makes it like makes things more watchable. So yeah, I know why.
Speaker 1: I mean it did look good. It was absolutely beautifully shot.
Speaker 3: But there was a scene. There was a scene that like went on for so long. And I said to my friend after, I was like, were we supposed to feel like we're high or something? And he's like, honestly, I think so, because the scene went on so long and it was the same shot over and over and this weird like they were driving in these hills and.
Speaker 1: It went on.
Speaker 3: I mean, we were not high or we had not had anything to drink, nothing, and it went on for so long. I was like, what is this? But people seem to love it. Everyone loved it.
Speaker 1: I would not have loved that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it was just weird for being weird. I'm sure it was an homage, he said, and my friend was pointing. He's like, well you got that. He's like, you got that Kubrick homage? And I'm like, oh, which one. He's like, well, the line it was like a direct dialogue lifted from blank. And he's like, and that shot was exactly the shot from blank, and that was a Tarantino reference and that was and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, but but so are all movies only for like movie buffs?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Is that like so cool?
Speaker 3: That's what's when you have a pt Anderson. That does seem to be the case. And listen, don't get me wrong. The movie, which is called One Battle after Another, is excellent.
Speaker 1: It's one.
Speaker 3: It's a tough one because I know it's a really good movie with great acting, and it was funny and different and like, it's really good. But there's a difference between something being really good and you enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: No, You're like, I know it's but you know it's well made and you know it's well acted, but I didn't have fun myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so that's not that doesn't I mean, that's there's maybe it's a well made movie, but it's not.
Speaker 1: It's tough for you. It's not for you.
Speaker 3: It's not for me, just like you and I disagreed vehemently on liquorice Pizza. Speaking of PT Engine, I loved it, not like loved it.
Speaker 2: That was objectively a bad movie and everybody's cruse.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I loved it so much. I thought it was delightful. You got me on that.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna switch gears. I have to tell you about this dream. Okay, No, Stephanie is not like when we talk about dreams. But this is going to change you. I think it's going to turn it around. And I'm not making a second of it up. And I want us to analyze. I wish we could get a dream person on we do that. Is anybody a dream analyzer?
Speaker 1: You told me you were going to tell me about a dream, and I swear to god.
Speaker 2: The beginning story about the burger place where you're like, You're like, yeah.
Speaker 1: There is candy.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, is this going to be like your fan, like your fantasy, like your subquension there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, this feels like it. I'm so glad I was able to find the name of that. But okay, here's the dream. So I'm in a car, like a shitty car, like a Mazda. I'm a passenger. Not that Mazdas are shitty cars. This is like old kind of well. I had a Mazda, but I mean, like not a fancy card. It's important that you know that is like an old, like nineteen ninety five Mazda, you know, like heep on the whatever, and Trump is driving. Trump is driving the car, and I'm in the passenger seat, which is so symbolic, you know what I mean, Like it's so like okay, okay, okay, this is crazy. So we're at the intersection of Gardener and Hollywood. That's important because that's a place that I'm often at, so it's very specific. And we're like driving, Yes, we're driving, and all of a sudden we're a stoplight and he sees Putin. Putin comes up and says something crazy and he makes Trump really mad. So Putin has infuriated Trump, which is already weird, but like, okay, so that happens. So Trump is furious. So he puts his he puts his like foot on the gas and he starts going one hundred miles an hour in this shitty car going up a hill. And he's mad and he goes through a stop sign and I'm like, oh my god, I'm the passenger. I can't get out, Like he's controlling my life. And it's so dangerous. Obviously this is you know, we know.
Speaker 1: None of this. Yeah, no, right right. So then but this is the crazy part.
Speaker 3: So I go hey, and I put my hand on his shoulder and you I go yeah, and I go hey, trying to diffuse the situation, I go, when's the last time somebody really listened to you, like, really listen to what you need?
Speaker 1: And then he slowed down.
Speaker 3: He slowed down, and he's kind of calmed down, and he's like, no, people don't listen. Thank you so much for saying that. And I really feel like I should have married you. So in my dream, I was a pick me girl for Trump. Yeah, now that is so okay, so many layers. And then the rest of the dream was me just trying to He really was like trying to make out with me, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh god, I can't tell him no.
Speaker 3: But I was just kept making excuses that I didn't want to go out, and I didn't end up, but I think he tried to kiss me. I mean, it went on for a long time and different. Now I was in an hotel at some point, like all kinds of weird things went down, and then it shifted into something else. But I thought I was like, God, that's that goes back to childhood.
Speaker 1: That is layered to me that I was trying to like save him.
Speaker 2: Were you trying to save him? Or were you trying to save.
Speaker 3: Maybe all of us? But I mean, I can't explain the daydreams I think I told you. I used to tell you where when I was very young, like five years old, I would daydream that Davy Jones from the Monkeys would fall down a man hole.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know why I would. I told you that because we were like, that's kind of misery esque.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, yeah, this is this is giving, it's giving misery.
Speaker 3: But why would I even think that at four years old? That's so weird? It was never sexual. I didn't have any weird Luckily, any bad stuff like that happened, So it wasn't like that I didn't know any anything about that. But it was like he was walking down the street in Texas and Waco fell down a man hole, which I had to have seen on TV those right, and I got it. I nursed him out, I got him out and saved him. Like what and Davy Jones is nothing like Trump? This is a tiny little British man.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is weird, weird dream on many levels. But yeah, so maybe maybe that's something to think about. You guys, when's the last time you asked Trump? When the last time somebody really really listened to his needs?
Speaker 1: Did you ask him like, when's the last time?
Speaker 2: And this this is sort of like the Golden Bachelor, but did you ask him like, when's the last time you took time.
Speaker 1: For you that you got is self care?
Speaker 3: It's like when yes, you're just you're nurturing everybody else. You're so empathetic.
Speaker 2: All you do is care, care, care about everyone, right, who's caring for you?
Speaker 1: Caring for you?
Speaker 3: And then I point really hard at his heart, who's caring for little Donnie?
Speaker 1: Little Donnie inside?
Speaker 2: Right, He's like, well, my beautiful, beautiful daughter who I want to date named Ivonka, she's caring for me. Oh, I mean I have to say, Okay, I had kind of I had the opposite dream, Okay, Kezsey Jones, I get all jealous. I had I had a I've had I feel like two dreams recently, and I know why I had the last one, and it's going to lead us into a different topic. But I've had a couple dreams about Mark Maron.
Speaker 1: That is very different like sex dreams not me, no.
Speaker 2: But like not no, but but like a little bit romantic, like he was interested in me.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, he's really cute, was John in the dreams? No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Did you tell him no? Should we tell him right now? Bring him in everybody, you guys, open the door. But and then it was funny because I had this dream like a while ago, one the first one, and then I had it again last night, which is kind.
Speaker 1: Of your type. He's very much your type.
Speaker 3: But aside from John, he's your old type.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like Jewish, but like also like very smart.
Speaker 1: Jewish but also well most most Jewish, like smart, like you're like Jewish, but not like asthma.
Speaker 2: Well he is, though, he is pretty Jewy. That's the thing, because we are saying this Jewish and really smart because he's a smart jew Okay, which leads me though that I want to bring this up. So last night I turned on the TV. This is this is a few different topics. First of all, Number one, Jimmy Kimmel, you know how he came back on the air. But what was it Sinclair and Next Star or whatever. We're still refusing, Like they were still like we're not going to show you if you're in a certain part of the country, like including Seattle.
Speaker 1: Uh you're not.
Speaker 2: You don't get to you don't get to see it. That lasted like a day. What he came back on Tuesday? So Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and now he's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's back. Yeah, no, no, nothing. They didn't say like, oh he apologized, you really know, They're like, no, he didn't know.
Speaker 2: They said, they said, yeah, we heard your feedback and we thought about it.
Speaker 1: We noticed it.
Speaker 2: Oh did you Yeah, yeah, and we made the decision to like go ahead and you know, have them back. Yeah, because we didn't want to lose any more money. But anyway, last night I turned on the TV and Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Speaker 1: Did you know that? Who Wants to Be a Millionaires? Back? And Jimmy Kimmel is the host. That's right.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of people, like Martin Short has a game show. Everybody has like a game show. Now, I know, but I love Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I still love that show. Did you ever try to go on?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't I do. You tried to?
Speaker 3: I did it either's the first round is a phone call. You did it on the phone and I failed that.
Speaker 1: It was really it was hard. You had to be like put these in order of how they happen, like, oh, the.
Speaker 2: Early part, yeah, I can't that part. I'm terrible at I was, and you got to be you got to be good at that because that's how you get on.
Speaker 1: But right now they're doing celebrity ones.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: So last night they had on the celebrity that I turned it on for. You get two celebrities that are friends and they get to play together. So do you know who it was last night when I turned it on. I'm gonna say Mark Maren.
Speaker 4: And Sarah Oh okay, that's fun. Jealous, super jealous and he's very smart and Sarah Silverman is a smart person, but she was not as he knew some ship that I was like, wait what Yeah, there was a question that was about I can't remember what it was about, like a either a Hindu or Haitian or something like bigure like a little statue and he was like.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was started with an age something. Okay, it's like half elephant half man, which he knew. He He's like, well, I have like five of those around my house. Yeah, Hindu, probably Hindu. And he's like, and it's an elephant. So one of the answers was trunk, and he's like, so, I guess trunk.
Speaker 1: Let's go with that. So they do. So then they get to this question.
Speaker 2: Okay, this was the So they're at thirty two thousand dollars and they're going for sixty four and.
Speaker 1: Here's the question. I'm going to give it to you. I love this, okay, though it sounds scary.
Speaker 2: A fig mom and the matter spelled sph y so spig with gm o m so sphig mom anometer a stigmnometer, yeah, is a simple device that measures what give me their choices? A distance, B blood pressure see crowd noise. D body temperature. Okay, I'm gonna try to Yeah, let's work it out. A. Okay, B blood pressure, see crowd noise. It's not blood pressure, body temperature. I feel like if it was blood pressure, i'd know that.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't think it's distance because I just feel like we would have heard that. Huh.
Speaker 3: So what are the other two? Body temperature? And see crowd noise d body temperature. I'm gonna say crowd noise, okay, that is what I said. I was like, it's crowd noise. I have one hundred percent it's crowd noise. So they worked it out and they thought about it, and they eliminated the right things. And they did not use a phone a friend or I think they'd already.
Speaker 1: Used their fifty to fifty Okay, I don't trust that anyway. And they did not ask the audience.
Speaker 2: So they went they they decided it was crowd noise okay, and they went for it and it was not. It was blood pressure. Now that's interesting as someone who's had their blood pressure checked right more than they should at my age. Uh yeah, I think it would have heard that.
Speaker 1: No one's ever said like, hey, let me hook you up to the fig mom monometer. Well, now who was their phone a friend?
Speaker 2: I don't know because they didn't do it. So you know, you don't know until they say we're going to use a phone of friend and then they tell you who it is.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to go on the show, even though I know I would freeze. I always forget what I'm supposed to say. If I'm like live on stage or something, so I'd be like, I would fuck that up so bad. I could never go on a game show. I could never A lot of my friends love Wheel of Fortune. I don't like that one as much. I don't love that one.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 3: But I would never be good at I'd be like, I don't know, I'd freeze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: And it'd be so obvious too. It'd be the ones that everyone's yelling at the TV and you're like, I don't know, I just stop yelling at me, Like it's yeah, I don't love that. But I had my perfect phone a friend. I have this really smart friend, and you're also very smart. You'd be second. Now very smart. Now this guy named Bob who was a Jeopardy champion, and he's like a fucking genius. He just has that memory. Then he knows everything. It's crazy. And I was like, if I could get on and get a certain point, I could just get to the right thing and then I'll just use that at least to get to thirty, you know, at least to get something.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, I could win. But I just couldn't even get on.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I have so wait, hold, so hold on, I'm gonna I'm going to tell you something else too. Okay, So those two end up, they they fail, and they're off. They're off, but they give their charity. So it's they're playing for charity and they give their charity thirty thousand dollars. Next up is from the Office Oscar Nuniez and Kate Flannery. Okay, okay, So they get through their first few questions and they're they're doing kind of well. And Oscar, I gotta say, is like very performative.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know, if you know.
Speaker 2: Like any I didn't really know anything about him, but I was not enjoying him. He's like he was kind of pretending to be very neurotic and like, and they were pacing around their chairs and then he would he was like laying on the floor.
Speaker 1: You could tell.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Kimmel was like, okay, dude, right then, So I think Oscar has a little bit of a gambling problem because Okay, so they get these questions and he's just kind of guessing, but they're getting stuff right. They're getting stuff right. So one of the questions that I was pretty sure I knew the answer to oh, okay, one of the questions, and this is just from my memory. This was the five hundred thousand dollars question. Wow was Ulysses s Grant was arrested in office for what of fence? Okay? So the choices were speeding in a horse drawn carriage, spitting on the sidewalk, shooting a loaded weapon, discharging a weapon inside, and honestly one other thing that I can't remember. Oh, I don't remember the first two speeding, speeding and horse drawn carriage. Yeah, discharging a weapon or spitting on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: Those were the sidewalk. No, it's not that. Can't be spitting on the sidewalk, that would not be a thing. Maybe the carriage. So they they do a photo friend and it's Brian Bombgardner, who.
Speaker 1: I've got to tell you, Stephanie, Please don't get mad at me. I do not like him. I don't like him. He bugs me. I feel like he I feel like he.
Speaker 3: Brought down the off the American Office because everybody else was doing a different show. Everybody else had watched the original Office and they were really subtle and really good, and he was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I'm weird. Right, I'm so weird. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I never felt that with Oscar, so it's interesting to hear that he's like that in real life.
Speaker 1: But I felt like he was really good on the show. Mm hmmm. He was a saddle for sure. Okay, so they called.
Speaker 2: Bryan Ryan and he has thirty seconds, and I'm not sure why he wouldn't just google it, but he's just like he really was being dumb. He's just like, oh, they're like thirty seconds. First of all, Oscar reading too slow. He read it too slow, so they start reading the question. He doesn't have thirty seconds from the time the question is read. It's like we're putting thirty seconds on the go. And then Oscar goes, okay, ulysses s grant he was, you know, and it's like, dude, you're running out of time already.
Speaker 1: So then he's like, okay, what are the choices again?
Speaker 2: So he reads them the choices and then it's like five seconds. He's like five seconds, and then the buzzer goes and literally you hear horse, and so Jimmy Kimmel's like, okay, I don't know if like it does sound like he said horse, but like it kinda sounded like he just was guessing, Like I don't know, like Jimmy Kimmel can't tell them what to do. Now understand, they're going from two hundred and fifty thousand to five hundred thousand. It's gonna go to their charities. They're playing for planned Parenthood, which Oscar was going for planned Parenthood, which I'm like, do not fuck this up.
Speaker 1: Do not answer this question. Do not go for it. You're then you're gonna go down quarter. Yeah right, yes, give them.
Speaker 2: Give one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars each to two charities. You're gonna planned parenthood and something else. That was like a Philadelphia thing that Kate was doing. Okay, No, they decide to go for it with the horse drawn carriage answer, it's wrong, it's wrong.
Speaker 1: No, it was correct. Well then then that's a happy story. Okay, there's more, there's more.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they get that right, and I was like, wow, I never would have guessed that, because like, how so what it's the horse's fault, so the horses are going too fast? Like how are you going to get arrested? He Ulysses ask Greg got arrested for it. That's what you're going to be interesting to the White House and arrest him because somebody saw him riding too fat. That didn't make sense to me, but I was like, yeah, okay, I don't know how they got that right. Okay, now they're going for a million okay, and now you get to be a part of this. So here is their million dollar question. The word planet comes from an ancient Greek word that literally means what. And here's your four options. A powerful, be immortal, see stranger or d Wanderer.
Speaker 1: That's such a cool question. I have no idea, right, I mean no idea. Would you know? Like right, you wouldn't know, right, I mean the most interesting.
Speaker 3: Would be stranger because that's interesting, right, But I don't think it's that.
Speaker 1: So what were the first again?
Speaker 2: So I thought my first thing was like, well, Wanderer sounds the most random, like why would it be Wonderer? And I used to write on game shows and a lot of times like the least obvious answer is correct, So I was like, maybe wonder.
Speaker 1: So then Kate rightfully so was.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, we can't just guess, right, Like, but Oscar is a freaking weirdo and he's like, no, I think. He's like, okay, I think it's Wonderer, And of course in my mind, I'm like, oh, I kind of think that too, but not in the other two stranger, the other powerful immortal stranger or Wonderer. So Oscar's like, I just think there was a okay, and he's trying to act it out and he's being real over the top.
Speaker 1: He's like, Okay, there's a guy. You're a guy.
Speaker 2: They're they're naming it their Greek and they're like, it's not going to be powerful because why would it be powerful? Well, why wouldn't it be powerful? Okay, right, and more than no, that's not it. Stranger's not it. I think Wanderer. And Kate's like, dude, we can't, like we can't just answer the we can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a stranger. I think it's stranger. I feel like I'm wrong already.
Speaker 1: Okay. So Oscar's like, we're going for it, and I was so mad.
Speaker 2: I was just like, this is ridiculous, Like rich people, okay, because you know he probably got rich off of the office basically gambling with other people's money with like you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, he still love the money himself. He'll probably just make it up like they're not gonna fuck you know, it's.
Speaker 2: A million dollars. They're going for a million dollars. So if they lose the million dollars, then it goes down to thirty two thousand. Oh, there's no other like so they could have okay if they stopped, if they didn't answer the question, it would have been five hundred thousand dollars with the charity. I would have five hundred thousand dollars for a charity. And Oscar's like, I think we should answer it.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: It was Wanderer and they won the million dollars.
Speaker 1: So in conclusion, go for it, ladies and gentlemen, No, don't do that. I was still mad.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't care. I don't care that you won. You gambled with people with a charity, like you should have walked away. It was so it was such a guess right, even though we were both right, I was right. I never would have guessed. I never would have done that to a charity.
Speaker 1: My friends are.
Speaker 3: My friend Bob would have known. He would have known the Latin root for like plan something. He would have known. He knows everything. I've never met anyone like this. It's not even just like the Mary Lou Henner thing where you can remember everything, like he just but I guess it sort of is that. But he also then did the work to like seek that knowledge. He knows that his brain is going to remember it, so he like was like, well, I'm going to read every book about everything. It's like kind of credible. I should tell him about this episode. He'd like to hear this.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was really interesting. I got really excited. I was supposed to be doing other things. I was supposed to be working on, like some coaching stuff for somebody, but I just had the TV on in the background, and then every time it would come back on, I would pause my timer, run over there, watch get mad, and then run back to my computer.
Speaker 1: I love that, and I love that like things like this.
Speaker 3: Like the one thing I love about you and our friendship, I'm serious, is that, like neither of us are snobs about stuff.
Speaker 1: We're not snobs about music.
Speaker 3: We're not like I have a friend at home back in Texas, and I love her too for the same reason. She loves just coming up from work and when I go and stay with her, we'll have a glass of wine and we'll watch like celebrity Family Feud.
Speaker 1: And I love it.
Speaker 3: And we're not watching it ironically, right, We're not watching it like to be shitty. Like it's cute and it's fun and it's so like pure, do you know what I mean? And there's something just so well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I worked on Family Feud.
Speaker 2: I I don't know if you actually know this about me, but like my first love, the thing that I wanted to do in show business was work on game shows.
Speaker 1: Well, we can make that happen.
Speaker 2: I well, I would love to get back.
Speaker 1: To working on game shows. I'm not even me. I love it.
Speaker 2: I used to be so obsessed with game shows. I loved so many different ones. I'm trying to think of the ones, but like Wheel of Fortune, price is right, and I would be so excited to stay home from school if I ever could, because I had like Wheel of Fortune was on at ten thirty.
Speaker 1: I knew when all like I.
Speaker 2: Was like like soap opera people are, but for my game shows, I would watch it Tiktac Dough and Password and all these different game shows. And then when I moved to LA, I was like, I really want to work on a game show, and my very first job was I was a stringer for Love Connection.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that. I remember that and never forget that.
Speaker 3: Stephanie fell in love with someone who was on Love Connection and she looked him up on the phone book.
Speaker 1: You know what. Yeah, save that tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a whole different Yeah, that's that's an og uh that was That was from an episode called Stalkers and that's I found the guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, I almost feel like we need to redo that episode because we had technical problems. Do you remember that was one where it was like there was some weird sound with my mic. There was a weird issue, and it was really good. So we might need to go re listen to those stories, maybe retell them without the sound issues.
Speaker 1: Just saying oh my god, years ago funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know if I'm going to get in trouble for saying I don't I'm going to take a chance because I don't think Bored is like a you know.
Speaker 1: Huge podcast. So this is okay. So I'm I'm working with a guy.
Speaker 2: Who's writing a book, okay, And one of the stories in the book has to do with the fact that he was on a set and downstairs they knew that Bill Cosby.
Speaker 1: Was on set, and apparently they asked Bill.
Speaker 2: He and his friend, his other like another writer on the show, went down and they found Bill Cosby and they were kind of pranking him, but not really, but they asked him a question and he basically said, like, get don't ever talk to me again, and like.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I wrote I told him.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, my friend has a story that she called Bill Cosby and he said, don't ever call me again.
Speaker 1: Wicks.
Speaker 3: I mean you know, I didn't. I didn't think he was a dick until this final story. Yeah, and now I'm like, I'm sold. He's no good, no good.
Speaker 2: I know you losed him. You were like, he not my Bill Cosby. He would never do anything non consensual with a woman, not my Bill.
Speaker 3: And when's the last time anybody pointed at his heart and said, what's going on in there?
Speaker 1: Bill? What's going on in your heart? Does anyone ever listen to your needs? Buddy? Slow down this car, Slow it down. Our little Bill Cosby, God, the catalyst of my dream.
Speaker 3: I just want to say before we go, was putin running up to the car and screaming something in Russian that made Trump mad.
Speaker 1: Well, the people's people even in my dream.
Speaker 3: And why was he just walking down the street and then just ran up and said something that's weird?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but have is there like any part of you that thinks that Putin is like cute?
Speaker 1: Oh, let me give you a Trump. No, there's no part of me. I'm going to answer that.
Speaker 3: First off? Do you not find him attractive? But let me give you a f Mary kill before we go, of course Trump Putin.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm going to give you no. Maybe I'll take this one back. Maybe we don't do this one. Maybe maybe we do a different one. You give me one. If we don't, we both have to answer this one. Okay, Okay, I'll give you a better one.
Speaker 2: No, we have to answer this one. You put it out there and now we have to answer it. And if we get arrested, then that's just what we Listen. If you want to be a podcaster, you have to risk arrest. I think you marry Putin.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna throw that out there because I think he's kind of funny, he's kind of sly, He's he's a terrible dictator who's had many many journalists and just civilians and people killed. He invades people at the time. He's one of the worst people to ever exist.
Speaker 2: But if you if you would have to marry money, yeah, like he's ben He'll have a lot of money.
Speaker 1: He'll give you, like you know, it'll be very fancy all the time. The thing is with him with Putin, he's always been nice to.
Speaker 2: Me, so right, laddie, Yeah, I'm lad, Okay, he'd be found in Netflix and Chilwick, so marry him, and then I guess I would have to have sex with net and Yahoo one hundred Yeah, I mean there's no you're not getting sex with Trump so like and it's not and she's not.
Speaker 3: I want to say for the record, because I know we've made like we said we like Sarah Silverman, I lived just.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: We do not support I think it's safe to say that we do not support his him.
Speaker 1: Right like him, We do not know this government. I think that's fair. But if you had to have sex between we've already married Putin. Let me do one more. Kim Jong un, Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong ill married Putin. I mean, well, what do you want from us?
Speaker 3: Kim jong Un, Kim Jong Ill, his father with the big glasses member, never forget remember he had the big black, giant glasses that didn't even seem to have glass in them at all.
Speaker 1: Kim John that's Kim Jung Ill. That was the dad, the dad? Okay? Am I choosing between? Isn't the dad?
Speaker 3: The dad's dead though, right, I believe so so, But he's alive in this okay. Kim Jong Ill, Kim Jong Un and Margaret Thatcher.
Speaker 1: Well, I really have to google Kim. I gotta look. I gotta see the looks of these guys. All right, Well, can I can describe the Ki jung Un? You'll? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's Kim Jung Ill is the glasses. Kim jong Un is more of the glasses. Kim jong Un doesn't always wear his glasses, okay, which was one of them has like the hair parted in the middle.
Speaker 1: And then that's Kim jong Un. Hoop Sunny that's son. That's the sun. Okay. Then Kim jong Ill I.
Speaker 3: L yeah, yeah, oh that guy remember I went as him for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Halloween wants to uh.
Speaker 3: Who's the guy who's the guy that was on twenty four and he's very famous for Sutherland, and it's a Sutherland.
Speaker 2: I have the part, I have the last name, and I'm like, Andy's a Southern one.
Speaker 1: I went to keep for.
Speaker 3: Sutherland's Halloween party way back in like two thousand and seven, and.
Speaker 1: It should have been the whole show. You buried the lead it.
Speaker 3: I went as Kim jung Ill and people loved it. I was a very big hit. People were trying to be sexy. I never believed in the sexy, no cheerleader thing. I always went as a political figure. I went as and Culture. One year I won the scariest costume and it was great. And then one year I went as Scooter Libby, who had just been you know, out of the CIA under George W.
Speaker 2: Bush.
Speaker 3: Was very and people got it. They liked it. And then I was Kim jung Ill and that was easy. I just had the I kind of went sexy though at like a cute little sexy blazer and then like big giant black glasses.
Speaker 1: I think I told you this.
Speaker 2: And then I had a suitcase that I put the nuke like nuke code on.
Speaker 3: I just carried around this and you know who Hyatt sonec but that costume together.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love him.
Speaker 3: I know he used to live here. He was really good friends with Laura. So I just have we all happened to be hanging out and he's like, i'll help you. So he gave me the suitcase.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, so that some name drops, Yeah, no reason.
Speaker 2: I think I told you that Xander was Trump for Halloween in twenty sixteen and he won scariest costume.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I know I have pictures of that. Maybe I'll post a picture on our Facebook and board. But okay, so choose.
Speaker 1: So my f Mary kill is.
Speaker 2: Kim Jong eel Kim Jong un and Margaret Thatcher.
Speaker 1: H all right, I'm marrying Margaret Thatcher. I I'll tell you right now. See I was gonna have sex with her.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I just think she'd be nice. You have a spoiled Okay, you're right, You're right, I'll marry her. Which one is alive of the Kim John John is alive? Yeah, okay, so I'm gonna but they're both alive in this thing. They're like Margaret, Okay, I'm gonna. I'm going to off the one that's the one that's really alive, and then I'm gonna have sex with the one that's no longer with us.
Speaker 3: But I think, I'm really I think you've done well because he probably would be gone soon anyway, you know what I mean. Yeah, if we bring the game, the game is like, you have to have crazy sex with it. It's not about how long you have to do. It's just that you have to do it. But I think he would be the best choice of those three. Well, I'm not saying he's going to pass away in the act. I'm just saying, I'm just saying, if I have to get rid of somebody, I'm going to get rid of the person who might if I don't get rid of him be around longer.
Speaker 1: You know, I means the show that does it.
Speaker 3: Do you think this is the episode that we're just like, well, you said you loved husby. I cannot stress enough how much we do not support Kim jong un or Kim Jong yill or not Yahu or we don't support them.
Speaker 2: We're just sexually attracted. And that's a big difference. You can't help heart wants what it wants. To quote Woody Allen, and that's a perfect way go out. All right, listen, we have some shouts.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, they're not gonna want this. They're like, yeah, you don't have to say my name on this one. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes we're like, oh no, we accidentally recorded, we didn't stop recording, don't make sure you cut, you know, so that we're really only airing what we want to air. This feels like one of those shows where we should be like, maybe we should cut.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe this is the extra. Oh my god, I'm crying right now. Okay, all right, Hi Carolyn Bastion. Sorry, sorry, our Canadian friend, Andrew Green. Sorry, we apologize.
Speaker 2: You apologize, Patrick seriously, Julie, Sorry, I love you.
Speaker 1: Andrew Crawford Sorry, Richard Frolicker. We're really so sorry. Were specially sorry because he's a very very moraled man. Yes, he's moraled.
Speaker 2: Jaron Johnson Watson, you get us though, you're on our side. Jacqueline Bellick, you know you know what we're talking about. Victoria Blake, No, we're sorry. We're definitely sorry.
Speaker 1: Joel Saw. We're sorry. Athena Goshard, our friend. She always shows up for us. We're sorry. Sean Price, my old high school friend. We're pot to you. You get it.
Speaker 2: Becky Faris. She makes custom T shirts. They're really cute. You can go peruse her Facebook page which is basic Mechy, or you can go to her website just basic Becky dot com and check out all the stuff and we love And I have an idea for Randy Mayames. Randy Mayames uses her shout as a charity, which you guys can do as well. And I think, just because it freaks you out so much that Oscar was fucking around, I say Planned Parenthood.
Speaker 1: Yes, the charity this week.
Speaker 3: I think, uh, I could probably use a buck or two. Yes, yes, I don't even know what to say. I guess we should just say our little outro, we love you, we thank you you, We're very sorry.
Speaker 2: Sorry ye