Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. You know, we like to give away things on this show, and we've got a four pack of tickets to Kaboomtown next week Big Fireworks Festival. It's a lot of fun. You can win tickets if you have that free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: How do you win?
Speaker 1: We're gonna take the third person that uses the talkback feature that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address and can answer the question who does Ben say he plays pickleball with every morning? He just told us like seven minutes ago he plays pickleball every morning with the same person. Who is that person? The third person that can tell us that with your name, phone number, email address, you are going to win those tickets. Also, Ben forgot to mention Rip Toby Keith. But right now it's time for this track. Another edition of things is.
Speaker 2: Tracking all right, Cooper.
Speaker 1: Flag was introduced to the Metroplex this morning. Now, I'm sure MAVs you tube streamed it and there's tons of media as you can imagine, So if you haven't seen it yet, I know there's news clips going around and all this sort of stuff, and so you will see all of it. But let me just say the big takeaway, and I can't stop thinking about all of this. This guy was up there and he's basically one year older than my son that works at an ice cream shop once every three weeks and back talks me. And he's up there and he's answering questions in just unbelievable fashion. He's not you know, it's not like he's dropping gems with what he says. But he's articulate, he projects, he's confident. He answers the questions, and he says everything that you want him to say. And I would go so far as to say that Nico Harrison and Jason Kidd acted way more giddy than he did. Whoa dude, I wasn't there like you were, So I'm interested in your eyeballs what you saw. But just listening to it on the radio, man, he sounds calm, composed. He doesn't really care about social media. It's not really into music. He's just a basketball robot, basketball, golf and family. That's what he's into. That's the answer to the question, what kind of music do you listen to? He basically said, I don't know. Whatever I'm whoever I'm with whatever they put on. I'm fine, he's gonna end up hearing a Toby Keith song. Yeah, I mean, that's just the way it goes. He's gonna be like yeah, so so anyways, that's it. I mean, I'm blown away by the way he handles himself. The other thing is, I don't know if you guys heard the question, because when I heard the question, he was asked who his basketball Mount Rushmore was. Did you guys hear that question? Heard about it? I heard after the fact they asked him his NBA Mount Rushmore and then they said, oh in WNBA.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait they did add that.
Speaker 1: They added that at the end to be fair, and I was like, okay, because I heard a tease for it on another station, going yeah, coming up next. What did he say his w NBA Mount Rushmore was. That's a tough thing to be asked, dude, and he sped it out, fine, yeah, I want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, you have it.
Speaker 1: I think I have it, okay, And let me just say that when this was going down, I didn't hear them say w n B A at the last minute. I thought he just offered that up on his own. But still, go ahead, that'sen your media.
Speaker 3: Two fun questions for you, who's on your mount Rushmore or NBA and of the NBA players, And what's your favorite basketball movie? And why?
Speaker 1: Eddy?
Speaker 4: My favorite basketball movie is Hoosiers, Let's Go.
Speaker 3: My favorite movie is Growing Up.
Speaker 1: I watched it hundreds of times.
Speaker 2: I love Dennis Rushmore.
Speaker 4: NBA players I would say Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Lebron and probably Kobe and then w n B A, Camis Parker, Brittany Griner. I think Asia Wilson is on there, and then.
Speaker 1: I might put Kevin Clark on there.
Speaker 5: Just can I just two missed opportunities there for uh for our new math.
Speaker 1: He's a rookie.
Speaker 5: Just you gotta drop a Dirk and a Page right there, and just okay, shout hold number one in the city already a statue today.
Speaker 1: So earlier in the day he was he talked about Page because they have a thing because Paige though he lived in Maine, and Page game him hell for not going to Yukon. He met her when he visited Yukon. I honestly kind of like that. He didn't say Dirk And here's why, man, he's not down to pander. Definitely not because he's got a relationship with Lebron. And I heard him on Draft night there was like who's better or who's the goat of all time? Michael Jordan or Lebron? And he's got a relationship with Lebron And he said, Michael Jordan. Yeah, he's he's not gonna he's not gonna pander, and he's gonna say what he thinks and he's gonna go. And here's the other thing. He had no familiarity with Jason Kibbs game. Did y'all hear that? Okay, so someone said, you know, I'm paraphrasing, how would you say that your coach's game was or whatever? He goes, well, I need to familiarize myself with it. I need to go back and look at that. I mean, he's a legend and everybody says he was great, but you didn't know. Yeah. And then the other thing, I mean, he said multiple times Jason Kidd talked about him playing point guard, and man, I'm just I'm loving this so much. I'm loving it so much. This is what I wanted. I mean, to me, it's like, let's not sign a third rate point guard and run him out there until Kyrie's healthy, let's put the best players on the floor. And Jake kids talking about I want to make him uncomfortable early. That's what I did with the Greek Freak and he failed and then he came back and perfected it. And it's like the type of player that we're talking about. Dude, get out there and do this. I'm going to make you uncomfortable because ultimately you'll be the best you could possibly be by going through this process. Beautiful what I want. I'm so excited for all of this. Yes, and it is fun to still bump into people that are trying so hard to hate everything. It's like, hey, man, no, I get it. Man, you can not watch awesome basketball like you know. I don't know why you were a basketball fan of the first place, but dude, deprive yourself of that. Like, I get it.
Speaker 2: This is important.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into Cooper Flag. At about four fifteen. We got a scattering report on them that we got to hear anything else. No, that was that goods such good stuff. Thanks. Skin is tracking the Cooper Flag press conference coming up next. In the Hollywood Shuffle, members of one of the greatest rock bands ever. Tell you what is the greatest rock song of all time. This is good. Don't miss it. It's next. If you're not listening live on the Eagle, you can always go listen on the weekend. You can listen to the iHeart app to hear our podcast and man, we put out something that KT made yesterday with the help of Jason Farantello and Steve Shackelford, and it was three fake ads that were made by AI and it sounds exactly like us. If you missed this, it's I think it's the best thing that's ever happened on our show. It's definitely in the discussion. I think there's been a lot of great moments over the years, but this is definitely a top ten moment in the history of our show. Get over to at nine seven to one on Instagram and you can go hear that. It's about five minutes long, but download the iHeart app and listen to it anytime this weekend. We got food news coming up momentarily at about ten minutes. But right now it's time for this Jersey news. God every stay on the top in Chove.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Metallica does a podcast, The Four Guys in Metallica. They do with the Metallica Report podcast, and they were celebrating their one hundredth episode by asking the question what's the best song of all time?
Speaker 1: These guys are just going around the room, so we have four different answers here. Well, when you ask someone what's the best song of all time? Can anyone stick to their guns and tell you number one?
Speaker 5: No, they can't. That frustrates me real quick. I just asked it, what's the best song of all time?
Speaker 2: Asking me anyone? Oh, Aqua Long by Jethro Toll.
Speaker 6: Christina uh Man just say ramble on, Stop reading my mind. I know that's exactly what I was going to say, ramblon, just because it starts slow and got some acoustic in there, and then it gets real fun and brocks.
Speaker 1: So lord, I would say Aqua Long by Ron Burgundy.
Speaker 2: I think the corn Kids song is up there.
Speaker 1: Yep. To me?
Speaker 5: These to me, these balls are perfect king of like farms. There's so many good it's impossible to pick one. But you guys have heard me say this before.
Speaker 1: I'm very very I have a strong affinity for Levan by Elton John and mister.
Speaker 5: Toppin Well, so they're sitting around the only guy who could stick to just one song is Kirk Hammett.
Speaker 2: So we'll start with the hamster.
Speaker 5: Hammett says, the classical piece Blue Danube. Joe hens Strass, It's great. Okay, does anybody here have did their parents have Blue Danube China they ate off of as a kid? Nope, my mom had the blue Danube.
Speaker 6: Wait, you know what, I think it's just white with like the blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, and y'all we're all rich, not really so in true frontman form, James Hetfield is like, well, hold on, hold on, hold on, is this a.
Speaker 5: Song for every mood, every day, every action? He goes, you want, I'm driving Ace of Spades by motor.
Speaker 6: Speed. It's hard.
Speaker 1: That's such a badass thing for the lead Cigare Metallite get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, I thought about pulling some of this, but like it's seriously, it's long, and we just don't have time in these segments to do it.
Speaker 1: But even a little bit of Ace of Spades, it's to be just play the beginning.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we can't put you know.
Speaker 1: But those guys also have a responsibility here to keep it rock because if they were talking about yacht rock or something, people would just go what Okay, hold on, I understand that perception, but I really think these are the kind of guys that will do whatever they want.
Speaker 6: Don't care at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, yeah, it morning. They don't have to they don't have to project anything.
Speaker 5: Hammitt the one they always kind of make fun of, though, because I think it's kind of funny that Hamlet's the one who's like the classical music and here goes Then Heffel said, okay.
Speaker 1: Well, as the best.
Speaker 5: Written song, he said, quote as stupid and simple as it sounds, I think Stairway to Heaven by led zephyrn.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: You start off light, end up heavy. He also said Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Speaker 1: It's got a great melody. Dude, I think Freebird's awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't know why Freebird got it.
Speaker 1: When did Freebird get nickelbacked it happened.
Speaker 2: It's just gets.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of classic rock songs that are overplayed, and especially ones with really long, methodical guitar solo. Hotel California beats dude, kid, Hotel California is an incredible song that I never want to hear again for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Lars Ulrich.
Speaker 1: He picked something with incredible drums. I bet he picked a rush.
Speaker 5: Song Child of Time by Deep Purple, okay. And then he said, if you go opposite, there's this thing about simplicity in a song, and I would say Supersonic by Oasis.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love super song.
Speaker 1: That is a great song.
Speaker 2: Is that the one who goes super Sonic. That's a different one. Supersonic.
Speaker 1: There's some really cool.
Speaker 5: Stuff going on on the guitar there with the harmonics on Supersonic by Oasis.
Speaker 2: Might have to hear whatever.
Speaker 5: Then Robert steps in and he said, if I could narrow it down to just one song, and.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's like fifteen years younger than the rest of these dudes.
Speaker 5: Yees, seriously, if we're going down this ride, I just think every single song on Back to Black, every ACDC song on Back to Black, he's dry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it is like.
Speaker 1: A bang bang bang bang, incredible album.
Speaker 5: Then a Headfields wrapped up the conversation by saying, I've got the answer, guys, Everyone sit out, and he stood up and he fished it out and he said anything by Black Sabbath, and then an explosion happened and we'll tell you more about that explosion in the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: What's it do with that meteor? All right, there's a good meteor tease by Kevin Turner. Coming up next in just a matter of minutes, we're gonna have some food news for you, don't Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. I hope you have great plans on a Friday. Coming up at five oh four, we'll tell you what's going on in dallas Worth and give you some ideas of maybe some stuff you may need to be doing this weekend. But right now it's time for this. It's time. That's right time for the food news.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's the greatest song of whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it only might be Metallica.
Speaker 5: Okay, whoa how about that? Top ten answers on the board. But before we can play, I need to know you're with dancing square dancing. He knocked coffee all over the I need your buzzwords before we could play, Christina, Let's go Hetfield, Hetfield.
Speaker 1: Mine is Let's go Hetfield. Okay, mine is uh Mine's shirt that's gonna go with a shirt.
Speaker 2: Let's play the future. Talk ten answers are on the board.
Speaker 5: I asked one hundred Americans out there, what is your final meal request?
Speaker 2: Let's go headfield.
Speaker 5: I asked one hundred Americans out there, what is your final meal? Waita stina, it was a tie. You just had to redo it. Oh nice, it wasn't a tie. A tie to me, I thought.
Speaker 1: It was a tie. Number one answer?
Speaker 2: How many answers are on the board?
Speaker 8: And ten?
Speaker 6: I'm passing that. I'm sorry. Oh you thought I was gonna actually play.
Speaker 1: I thought you was gonna play. Who are you passing to?
Speaker 6: None of them are making eye contact, They're well looking down like they're pretending answers.
Speaker 1: Let's go bed, Ben, all right, would you like to accept this challenge? I will accept this challenge. I like to hear the bold question.
Speaker 2: Wait, you can refute the challenge.
Speaker 1: Sure you don't have three people? All right, Ben?
Speaker 5: I asked one hundred Americans what is your final What food would be on your final meal?
Speaker 1: Request? Okay, fried chickens isn't going. It's a tough break right out the gate? Ye get into a double play? Yeah, all right, I'll go with burger Burger.
Speaker 6: What really?
Speaker 1: I was going to say that skin?
Speaker 2: Get ready? Cheese Burger? And burger should both be accepted.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm on the list, and I mean people will say it.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to tell you with uh, lobster, Yeah, let's go number seven lobster.
Speaker 2: Okay, is there a distinction between that and lobster?
Speaker 1: Bisk?
Speaker 6: No, you think anyone's asking for soup for their last time?
Speaker 1: That would that fart? All right? Like a prison guard. Go get it. This is gonna potentially open up a new window of things. But I'm gonna go with ice cream. Oh wow, ice cream.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it. Okay, not a strong one though.
Speaker 2: Ten and seven gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go with cake. O. Let me just tell you, Ben, I would love to have fried chicken, cheeseburger and cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love that.
Speaker 5: Diet of Champions came over to skin one, seven and ten are gone.
Speaker 2: Christina, be ready. So what are the rules?
Speaker 1: What happens? They're a little different. Just play.
Speaker 2: I'll take pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pizza, that's good.
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 1: Backup? I had number four, Okay. I will go with sushi. Sushi two, three, five, six, eight nine on the board. Track one, Okay, I will go that'd be nice. Depends what was from bear you had bad sushi, had cycle. Yeah, I'll go with a ham and cheese melt from a foreman, from.
Speaker 5: A foreman grill, specifically fish six. God, he did terrible. He got one, he didn't even get one.
Speaker 1: Yeah he got pizza.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, pizza, you got pizza. Yes, second, Christina, Ben's got a two to one to one lead. Now we're gonna go rapid fire form around the well, get it, you get it. You don't make it, take it, no, not make it, take it one at a time. Tacos, tacos. It's not writing tacos. These prisoners barbecue, great French fries, great fries. So I win right now. That gets you at two. Christina, Wait, why don't I get to go again?
Speaker 1: Make it?
Speaker 6: Take it grilled cheese sandwich.
Speaker 5: Don't I just said that the rules are not making it take You don't know how to hoop?
Speaker 1: Okay, hot dogs.
Speaker 6: Chili dog, mozza sticks.
Speaker 1: Chili's triple dipper, a loaded baked potato, potato number two?
Speaker 5: What potatoes? That's enough to get up winter. It looks like ballad. Okay, I'll give it to your vegetables.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 6: Yes, I went last meal.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well then fruit.
Speaker 1: We're out of time. We had time?
Speaker 2: What were the other ones?
Speaker 5: Number nine, mac and cheese, number six, bread number three pasta.
Speaker 1: Yep, there you have it. There's the food feude coming up next and around the sports has this NFL player been canceled? And earlier today I saw a shirtless picture of Dak Prescott. What does it make me think about the upcoming Cowboys season? We'll tell you. Next to the world famous been and Skin show, we got some fascinating stuff on Cooper Flag coming up in just a matter of ten minutes, a scouting report from somebody that's gonna make your MAVs pants go absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Now around the sports, KTD twins as all the sports man, you.
Speaker 5: Sent us a picture of Dak Prescott without his shirt on. What was that doing for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So everybody knows I am the most likely to fall victim to Let's say that the world is just throwing out a fishing line and on the hook is hope. I'm the first one to that that's gonna get caught on that hook, even with a mediocre bait. And one time I saw des Bryant like one hand in catching balls over like high school cornerbacks, and I was like, oh my god, I'll never forget that he still is a guy that didn't make his high school team covering him. And anyways, you know, every year around this year, you hear, Hey, Tony Romo's in the best shape of his life, Dak Prescott's in the best shape of his life. Whatever. You start to hear things like that, and I every year I go through that cycle, like that Craig Miller book, you know, the fake book or whatever, the idea, that cycle of a cowboy fan where you're gonna be like, oh my god, they suck. Jerry's ruining this, They're they're hopeless. Oh my god, they got a good draft. Oh my god, love every free age and they have. Oh my god, they're gonna be really good. They're gonna win it all. They suck. And I go through the cycle every time. And this shirtless picture of Dak has me believing that he's about to go have the best year of his life. He is shredded, he is ripped. The dude's got zero percent body fat. He looks like he's going to destroy the league. Oh. I mean, we're not that far removed from him being the MVP runner up. Now we're literally two years away from Yeah, and he got hurt last year, although he did get off to a slow start, but I blame McCarthy and CD Lamb for that seriously, and their offensive line was in shambles. Yeah, I mean, I don't have any I haven't had any reservations on Dak at all for a long time. It's just I just look at it, as you know, I think I worry that he's injury prone because he's been hurt so much. And injury prone is a different stigma in football than other sports because you just get the crap beatn out of you. That's why running backs very rarely are good after the age of twenty seven or twenty eight. It has nothing to do with them or the kind of you know condition therein it's the nature of the position. You get destroyed. And once you start mounting injuries in football.
Speaker 2: Look, did it. Didn't all of us think Zach Martin would play longer than he did?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, seriously, same with what about Smith, Like Tyron, I mean, I mean, once you start having because usually it's like, oh, look at Kelsey, you can play tire one thousand offensive linemen can play forever, you know. But it's like, once the injuries start happening in football, it don't matter. And so that's my only worry with Dak whatsoever, is that dude, he's had some pretty serious injuries and when those things start mounting. And this is year one of a sixty million dollars quarter contract, I believe this is the first year that sure, you know, there is something to be said for him making the most of the opportunity. Don't want to overreact to an athlete made in shape, but look, we've overreacted athletes not being in shape. We've talked about Luca a million times, the whole Metroplex has and so here he is the first year he's making sixty million dollars. He doesn't ever have to work ever again. Yeah, and he cares enough to have like zero percent body fat in a year where he finally has a great number two receiver. That's high character, that's high character. He could pea could coast right now.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of our buddy Travis.
Speaker 1: Frederick really did not need to come back and play after his condition, but he was like wanted to prove that he could and so we did. I've never won.
Speaker 2: That's high.
Speaker 5: Cared that question about Dad, agreed, I've the question jolways about the things surrounding Dak and then I do have the big game thing because at some point like, yeah, you have to go, well, what is it?
Speaker 2: That's every sport.
Speaker 5: But he's also been huge in big games too that we forget about five years ago.
Speaker 2: It was just like a wild card round game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was his body on the line and gets tackled at the one yard line, and we remember those things.
Speaker 1: But I thought he was great as a rookie against Green Bay. I thought Garrett lost that game for him. I think what's around them is so of the coaching. Yeah, and yeah, Schottenheimer, we should just I guess, go I don't know, and we just.
Speaker 2: Kind of wait and see.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it's like I don't want to be the guy that's like, well, this is gonna this is never gonna work, because what if it does?
Speaker 1: Right, But it is a little bit like I don't know if if KT got fired from our show again again and we just walked out in the hallway and hired the first person that was like standing there who was out there though it's a little bit like that, like if a it was out there, I'm good.
Speaker 5: Right, well, I mean today there'd be no one, right, yeah, if we're just talking.
Speaker 2: But in the office.
Speaker 1: Again, I was. I was so frustrated with the shoddy Higher because I'm like, yeah, dude, you go get the best coach on earth. But I've heard him talk and now I'm brainwashing now I think he's gonna be the best coach in the league. I do this every year.
Speaker 2: It really feels a lot like the Campo Higher. They could be good. That does That's the thing is they could be good. Oh, I think they're gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And and even before you know, we're sitting here talking about shot. Yeah, I was just sitting here going, I think their offensive line is going to be better, and I think Dak has weapons. The only thing that frustrates me is that there's no reason the amount of money that Rico got we shouldn't have given to him. For sure. I mean, I would feel so much better if he was our running back option. But you know, maybe the kid out of you t is going to be good. I don't know, all right, coming up in just over three minutes, don't go anywhere Man a scouting report on Cooper Flag that had me extremely excited. This is very compelling audio. You do not want to miss this. Just three minutes away. Next on the Eagles, ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. This segment right here is brought to you by our friends at Twisted Root Burger Company. They'd be bringing that good good man. They recently redid their menu and they have a lot of great options on that. But I also have a build your own burger option now that is just fantastic locations all across the Metroplex. It's a legendary burger spot, Twisted Rout Burger Company, and we got a cool thing if you go to any of the area locations, walk in there and mentioned the Ben and Skin Show and they'll give you ten percent off your order. That's awesome. Check it out Twisted Root Berger Company. Now we're going to continue around the sports here. I'd love to get into some audio that one Kevin Turner has procured and Ben, we love comps.
Speaker 2: You said it the other day.
Speaker 1: We had our buddy Teddy and Rick on when we were down at the American Airline Center and you were like, I want to comp I want to comp on Cooper Flag. Comps are fun, but we have one from a guy who I love anytime. This dude is talking, and that is former NBA player, current Celtic analyst Brian Scalabrine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's on with Dan Patrick. That's you know you're gonna hear first.
Speaker 1: Give me your non white guy comp for Cooper Flag.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I don't do the white I think I think it's Lebron James. But he's without having to be like two hundred and sixty pounds and like a freight train. Cooper Flag is a supercomputer, Dan, He's.
Speaker 1: A super computer.
Speaker 3: Everything you tell him within twenty four hours, heigured it out the next time you tell him something else. I was working him Mount in Maine. On day two. I pretty much came to him and his parents and said, listen, I can't help you anymore.
Speaker 2: You need to reach out, explain how this happened.
Speaker 3: So his trainer and me are really close friends with.
Speaker 2: Well, that's enough, I wait, I kind of want to hear you.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so his trainer and me are really close friends with. Cooper was not even a high school student yet. He was a freshman, but he hadn't played a high school game. Cooper came down to play in my pickup game down here in Boston. You know, it's about a three hour drive, maybe four hour drive. He came down and he wanted his trainer wanted me to get my eyes on Cooper and he told me I got a thirteen year old that could play against you Maine kids and he could hold his own. And Dan, I don't believe that for one second. It's another over exaggeration of a kid. But after seeing him, I totally believe it. And he said it would always be the same thing. He'd kind of take like fifteen twenty minutes to figure it out, and then he's right there neck and neck with twenty three year old twenty two year olds when he's thirteen years old.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I saw for myself it was the same thing when he came down and played with us, and from then on, like I kind of like made some phone calls like John Shire and USA Basketball to like, no, I don't think you guys understand this guy is like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Never let me jump in here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that Maverick fans forever should celebrate is John Shire man. I've heard a lot over the last few days. He basically Duke had good point guards as a and I don't know, I don't know that I heard this as a favor whatever, but John Shire is like, I'm gonna I'm gonna give the ball to Cooper Flag and let him run our offense. And it's put him in a position to where today Jason Kidd is talking about Cooper Flag playing point guard for the Mavericks.
Speaker 2: The fact that he did that at Duke.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind Bankara when he was at Duke didn't play point guard, but now he's playing point guard in Orlando like that, he's the He's they allowed him to do something that they haven't let other players do at Duke. And that the whole reason that today Jason Kidd can be on that state saying I want to play him at point guard this year is because of what he went through at Duke this year. If that doesn't happen, we may not be having this conversation. And dude, I love Scalabrini. Scalabrine is awesome. He's one of those guys who every troll on the Internet who thinks they're good at basketball as a guy.
Speaker 2: He sucks.
Speaker 1: He's a spare, Like we would have people tell Jesse Holly he was a spare who played for the Cowboys, also played basketball when a national championship at North Carolina, Like you're a spare, We're like, dude, do you realize how hard it is to make it into professional sports. It's so unbelievably hard. And so Scalabrini was like, all right, I'll come play anyone who wants to talk trash to me. And so he went and started playing all these guys and he destroys their soul. He bodies them so bad they're exhausted three minutes into the game, like their legs are done because he just bodies them to death. And people don't realize how how hard it is. He told the greatest story I've ever heard anyone tell in the most amazing way. He was at Michael Rappaport's show down at the Texas Theater and it's out there on the internet, but just the story of the time that Kevin Garnett arm wrestled Glenn Davis Big Baby, and everyone on the Celtics bet against Kevin Garnett except Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett destroyed Big Baby in an arm wrestling competition, and Kevin Garnett held it against all his teammates, and Paul Pierce was like, I told y'all, I told y'all. And the way he tells the story is so amazing because he was in the room. Scalabrini's great, but dude, the hype machine is fully cranked up on Cooper Flag. But it has been since he was a sophomore in high school and now he's the number one pick, and I think he's up to the challenge because he's surrounded by hype all the time. And I love that he's a basketball robot. Yeah, he's, you know, he's he's. I don't think he's gonna get caught up in all this. I don't either, And I think Jason Kidd's a perfect coach for him. I think coming to the Mavericks with the guys that they have. I mean, one of the big things that happened in that everyone talks about that Team USA game when he was seventeen years old is Anthony Davis blocked his shot. He got it back and took it right to the rim and scored. Imagine a seventeen year old getting their shot blocked by Anthony Davis and then going I and then going right back at it, and it came down a shot a three right over him. And now he's teammates with Hi. Yeah, pretty pretty fun stuff. And yeah, good, good, good stuff. All right. Coming up next, let's crank up the wayback machine. It was on this day many years ago that Jody Dean took a hard fall at a sporting event that we were at. Let's discuss next. It's time to go into the Stule Winberg machine.
Speaker 5: All right, So this goes back to the Dirk Heroes celebrity baseball game. Dirk used to do this baseball game in Frisco where the rough Riders play every every summer. And you know, Ben and Skin were on the teams you played, you know, for years in this thing, and then I was lucky enough to get to you know, kind of either do PA or you know, do some play by play. But one of the things that would happen every year is DFW radio legend Jody Dean would play in the game and then refuse to go to the bench on a team full of athletes from town and people who had paid to be in the game. He would not leave the game.
Speaker 1: It was and it would. In his defense, it wasn't very clearly defined. It was kind of like, uh, you know, if you were out there playing and you realize, oh, here's the guy who hadn't got in, you would just go, hey, man, take my spot.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of that. There wasn't anybody managing it.
Speaker 1: No, But it is to KT's point, and I think Jody is the kind of guy that you can because he's a guy that recognizes he has an enormous ego. It's a joke. I've heard him joke about it, and it's literally it's more of an awareness thing, like, hey, Jody, we do love you, but I think the people want to see his eqal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go ahead. Let Zeke get on the Dallas.
Speaker 1: Cowboy that everyone is here to see you kind of play every position, but one thing that would happen every year, my fault, like clockwork. He would fall in the game, whether is getting out of the batter's box, diving for a ball in right field. Because he's I mean, me and Ben are ancient and he's older than us. Yeah. Yeah, And eventually we stopped playing in that because we're like, man, we're just gonna get hurt or make ourselves look like fools out here, right, But he kept playing even at our age. He just stayed out there, and to his credit, you know, he'd dive for balls and stuff, but he he would come up and get hurt.
Speaker 2: I think he would not die for balls. I think he would fall for ball.
Speaker 5: We have three clips here, and it's it's kind of interesting. I need you to I guess I explained a little bit like softball. In this case, he's playing the picture position. Now you would have a former MLI picture like Ryan Drees or Mike Bassek. Yeah, so I'm out there throwing just to get the ball over the play, but you have a guy playing the picture.
Speaker 1: To field the position because the picture is not going to field it.
Speaker 5: Your batter at this time is Jogi Ferrell, and he taps one up to the picture. Now I was lucky enough to be doing play by play in fact, or I was maybe I was doing color. But either way, it's the only thing I wanted to do is be on the mic when Jody Dean fell and it happens.
Speaker 2: This is like heavy for me.
Speaker 5: But this is one of three that I'm going to play for you.
Speaker 1: There's a bouncing the man, give me trouble. It is like clockwork. It happens every year. A brand ball back to the.
Speaker 5: Picture and Jody Dean falls down and then blames it on the turf builds in perfect condition here in Drisco.
Speaker 2: He chose hits in the history of face.
Speaker 5: It's so funny as you guys are roaming the field with headsets on too, and just go put the mic in front of Dirk's face or whatever.
Speaker 1: He just wants to kill Yogi, not Jody Dean. Now, before we get to Ben's interview with Jody Dean. After this, we have to go to Ben talking to former Raiders great Hall of Fame wide receiver Tim Brown about Jody Dean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the greatness of Tim Brown here.
Speaker 8: What are your thoughts on Jody Dean and his likeliness to get injured? I'm worried about my likeliness to get injured right there.
Speaker 2: But I think told he's incause I think he's waiting for this.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? I mean, are you just being nice? Uh?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: I think Jody he looks like he's a guy who's taking care of.
Speaker 1: Himself and in what way to watching him run right there? Wasn't I thought to change my mind.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that his hitting is over.
Speaker 1: The best part that's been because in what way he himself? Guy, he's taking care of himself, and in what way he's specifically watching him run right there? Wasn't I thought to change my mind.
Speaker 2: That is so good.
Speaker 1: He's having a hard time running around, but he's staying out there every inning. Tim Brown like the nicest guy ever. I didn't want to say anything bad. Talked to him and say something bad about it? In what way?
Speaker 2: It's such a great follow up.
Speaker 5: So after the fall where he got a little top heavy and went down on a slow ground ball, Ben catches up with Jody Dean.
Speaker 8: Guys, I'm here with Jody Dean who had a horrific injury on the infield pancreas fell out. Trainers were able to get back over to him cram that thing back in there, Jody.
Speaker 2: What happened? Well, they didn't choose the end.
Speaker 1: I would have preferred, but yes, they got it back in.
Speaker 8: I got the longest injury streak in the history of the Heroes game nine consecutive games with an injury.
Speaker 1: How are you able to keep this going age.
Speaker 8: Mostly you get fifty eight years old and things that's happened automatically.
Speaker 1: You just got to go with it. Let the game come to you, all right, back to you, guys. They're good. I love job dude. You can give him a hard time and he rolls with it, and he'll even make fun of his own ego.
Speaker 2: He's a great dude.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you when he fell down, because I think I was in a situation where I had to rotate innings. It was like the only inning that I had to like be on the air when it happened. When I was there, I was just like, there's euphoria for me. I shouldn't have pointed I'm gonna fall in my old age because of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I'm so impressed though, because I'm sitting here at fifty four. There is no way in hell I would get out on a field of anything right now. Yeah, And he was out there at fifty eight, guy, And that was not softball. It was big yeah, and laser beams out there all right there. It is the wayback machine, really really good stuff. Rest in peace, Jody Dan al minell never forget the time he was alive. He's still alive. He just got word that he's still likes. We love you, Jody. Congratulations in the literal sense, coming up in just over three minutes of the Today Game. Then what's going on in Dallas? That's all next. If you're a true foodie and you're curious, what is the best pizza in Dallas Fort Worth where readers of the Dallas Morning News say it's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. There's only one location in town, so you need to take your mouth to Plano so you can go eat some of that. It's at Preston and Plano Parkway in Plano, and it is delicious. They've mastered five different types of pizza. They got an incredible craft beer selection. There's TVs in there so you can watch sports. They got great pasta. It is a phenomenal restaurant. There's only one in town. Apparently it's the best pizza in all of DFW, and it's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen Preston and Plano Parkway in Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: What's going on in Dallas is.
Speaker 5: A lot of stuff going on this weekend, So I thought we could take a look at that because we're kind of jam packed. If we look at tonight, Hey Club, Dotta, Christina's Band, Oat mil Pizza.
Speaker 6: Let's Go Yes, and Van Damn as well and Upsetting and all this playing. You know what w FAA actually had us on things to.
Speaker 1: Do this weekend. I saw that.
Speaker 6: I was really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I tweeted about it than you. I saw what they had done.
Speaker 1: Is there is there some specific reason for this show or is it just they just book joll.
Speaker 6: I think they just booked Josh Question.
Speaker 2: Will do themed night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they did a grateful dead thing forever I've been I've been there for you know, just to go see certain things. And so I didn't know if they just book chalks all are dope, or if they had a specific thing they were doing.
Speaker 6: No, the other bands are they have original music, They're not cover band.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: They did once a book a e t bn L a very popular band who played one show. That's a huge documentary coming out about that in twenty forty two.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and say it's band to be named later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 6: The documentary on that.
Speaker 5: They should be doing a documentary on how everyone went outside when we started playing the American Airlines Center. We have WNBA and we get WNBA fever in this town. Ah, for two reasons, what a fever are in town? And a Page Page versus Caitlyn if we really want to do it that way, even though Page doesn't like that.
Speaker 1: But Caitlin Kark's not playing. Ye are growing?
Speaker 2: She pulled a growing muscles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're growin. Uh.
Speaker 5: The Wings have been doing well though, they've been doing better, and they've been doing better because they got off to a region rocky start.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a reason you have the number one pick though.
Speaker 1: So you got to interact with Page Buckets the other night with that MAVs draft extravaganza. What was she like? She's cool, man, She's unaffected by everything. She's go with the flow. I see a lot of social media about her and that she was miked up or something at a game and people were some of the players in the court were arguing and fighting and she was like, yo, yo, calm down, y'all are wiling y'all do it? And it was like, oh wow. And then I saw another clip of her where she was talking trash to a veteran after the game. She was doing it in a real cool way. Oh yeah, it was the girl from La Places relentless defense and yeah, I've never had a rookie talk trash me. That's there's the first for everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought you meant an actual veteran at first.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, why I did, sir? Did you go anywhere?
Speaker 2: Did you see action?
Speaker 1: She is? Uh? But you know it's cool. I was sitting there we're doing that interview with her. I'm going, I don't know how old she is, twenty two, twenty three? How old is she? K t? I mean, she went to college show like anyone could ever know that. But and she missed a year two because she had a knee injury. But I was sitting there twenty three. I was sitting there thinking, Man, five years ago, you know, very few women basket while players made real money. You know, like they made decent money, fine compared to your average American, but you know, compared to professional athletes, they weren't making big money. Man, she's already rich.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's rich, She's a multi millionaire. And she is just like go with the flow. She is herself. I'm like, I'm very impressed with this young person. What is her game like? Is she is she like a past first point guard? Is she score first? She's playing more point for the Wings than she did in college, but she's a score But dude, they're running the whole offense through her. Yeah, she's looking at how mature her and Cooper flag are though. I think there's like a resemblance there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if you compare it to yourself at the age of twenty three years eighteen, you're like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thirty three? What happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And is now what I want to make a penis joke? You can't, but I won't during this WNBA segment because we're being mature.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought about it. It's not a WNBA segment. That's what you told us.
Speaker 1: What's going on tomorrow? Get this? The Rangers play tomorrow at three. It's the halfway point. Yep.
Speaker 5: The Rangers are forty and forty one at the halfway mark. Let's go right there in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that.
Speaker 2: But tomorrow. I didn't realize this.
Speaker 5: That kind of snuck up on me. I guess they're putting Elvis in the Rangers Hall of Fame tomorrow. What like Beltray and Michael Young are going to be there.
Speaker 2: So that's why it's a three o'clock game.
Speaker 5: Well all their Saturday games are three o'clock right now, Yeah, pretty much. So they're gonna do a big party there. I'm not going, but you know whatever, I'll be going to the Cars for Kids Car Show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ten to two Marvin d Love Freeway seventy one hundred, Marvind Love.
Speaker 1: If you want to punch in your phone.
Speaker 5: Too, I think you're gonna have stow cunts and uh a big shaved dice legal ones legal or you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe how going on in the past, I would val say it eating snow Combe.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Silver Skylark showcase tomorrow night at the Kessler. Let's go this, y'all all going, Yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 6: I drove by the Marquis today and it was all up there. Yeah, I'm gonna take a picture, but you know.
Speaker 1: Driving our buddy Jeff Lyles, it runs that place. Sent me that picture at like midnight last night, says Paul Shaldon and Michael Lee in the Wartime Limit. Michael Lee goes on, we got a Paul Shalder playing going full band Paul Shalder. Yes, he flew into some of his homies from New York and he's got people here in town.
Speaker 2: That he plays with.
Speaker 5: And there's a there's a new album coming out later in the summer called Sir Daniel Esquire. It's called Grace Landy Sir Daniel Esquire. Yes, I think tomorrow night's the only time you can get.
Speaker 1: A if you you can buy it won't be streaming all summer long. It's not coming out until end of summer, but you can buy it tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: The vinyl, the Vinyl and Danny Bayliss is gonna be working the merch booth, so if you want to go, bother him and he'll have snow cones coming out to the Kestler tomorrow night. See everyone out there that'll do it, that'll do ye about it.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in Dallas all right. Coming up in just over three minutes, it's the weekly Weekday Update. Where are you gonna take us? Kevin? A meteor crashes into someone's home. Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one, The Eagle. Hope you have big weekend plans. We've been doing the top one hundred movies of the twenty first century. According to the New York Times, All Weekday finally dropped the final twenty and we will get into that coming up here at five point thirty, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for Basis Weekday Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets.
Speaker 3: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from.
Speaker 1: Around the world.
Speaker 5: This went down yesterday during our show, but there was any like, really good details about it, so we went ahead and passed and said, let's do a full report on Friday when we know what the hell's going on out there. NASA has confirmed that the big daytime fireball that was seen across the southeastern United States yesterday was in fact a meteor. Get this, this is what's crazy. So his first scene forty eight miles above Oxford, Georgia, since you know, and then they saw it again twenty seven miles above West Forest, Georgia, and that's kind of the last like time you could see it. And then of course it like it ended up breaking off a little bit. It was going at thirty thousand miles per hour.
Speaker 2: Now it seems fast.
Speaker 1: It does seem fast.
Speaker 5: NASA says the explosion released energy equivalent to twenty tons of TNT dynamite.
Speaker 1: Where did it hit some Well, part of it hit someone's house.
Speaker 2: Oh, was it the house in Breaking Bad? No, well, this is kind of a.
Speaker 5: Similar story in a way, because a resident reported that a rock fell through their roof, broke through the ceiling, and then cracked the laminate flooring in their house. So a fragment of the meteor. The meteor is disintegrating as it's coming down, goes through the roof and I can't he should call pairs roofing. Yeah, Jesus, Randy on the phone, I can't remember. Is that what happens in Donnie Darko? Or is it a piece of a plane.
Speaker 1: It's a plane, Donny Darkoka.
Speaker 2: God, Donny Darko is a great movie.
Speaker 1: That's a it's a movie. It's definitely a movie that exist.
Speaker 6: Man, you guys, I haven't seen it in so long, so I can't say it's great or bad.
Speaker 1: Have y'all seen video of this of Donnie Darko? I mean I've seen the whole thing. No, I see it on cable sometimes that I don't watch. Uh no, the fireball. Did you guys see the fire.
Speaker 2: Was it in Donnie Darko? No, it was in existence yesterday.
Speaker 1: Why did you bring up Donnie Darko? Did it hit in Alabama? I think it was seen in Alabama, hit Georgia? Okay, yeah, yep, but anywhere in the southeastern United States? They were like, oh, yeah, we saw it. Which big sec situation? Where's NASSA on this? Nasalects to come in after the fact. Where are they at? Why were they like, Oh, there's a meteor I coming you should Okay, that's my question. When do we know something is hurling at the Earth? I don't know. You think. I think they won't tell us. In less it really shouldn't tell us no matter what, because we're going to overreact to everything. Wouldn't they wouldn't they at least tell like Steven Tyler and Bruce Willis and some of them try to get them up there to break it up.
Speaker 5: And that's why the word about asteroids when it comes to meteors much smaller, and that it delves into media rightes, which is what this is. It's a meteor rite, but a meteor right doesn't fully dissolve, dude, disintegrate when it's coming down to Earth.
Speaker 2: And it branches out and goes through your ceiling.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean it would hard for them to track. No one got hurt. No, would someone have gotten hurt if they were in that room when it came through the room, if.
Speaker 3: It hit it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like dropping a penny off the Empire State buility. You hit someone, it might kill him.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they do now, But when Skin and I were growing up, when you had a situation like this, you put a little triangular spaceship in there, that shoot out in space that shoots little tiny darts and it breaks them all up. The problem is that when it breaks the mob, it creates what he's talking about, many mediators.
Speaker 2: But you take out a house instead of taking out of town.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sometimes if you hit hyperspace, you have no idea where you're going to.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: These kids today, they don't understand the problems of hitting the hyperspace bus, right.
Speaker 5: I would like to say, as someone whose grandpa owned an asteroids machine, Oka, would y'all like me to see if I can acquire that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Oh, can we put it in studio?
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, maybe I'll make an officer's because it's getting time to go clean out the house. Probably not only will I make an offer, I'll also make the classic hemorrhoid asteroid joke. Oh my god, I or cover up the A and it'd say steroids, And that was a fun thing to do as a kid. I would like to challenge our local news. Do you guys mind if I go into crime Dog for a minute?
Speaker 1: Oh, crime Dog turno.
Speaker 5: So three weeks ago we did the story on this very show up in the city of Savoy. Remember Savoy, Savoy, a lilt the northeast where they had the black bear siding.
Speaker 1: Yep, you guys remember that.
Speaker 2: But it might have been gone for it. Ben might have still been on vacation.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was right after it was in Fannin County.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was right after the storm went through Fanning County and then we had a black bear siding.
Speaker 5: That story was on June seventh. Today is June twenty seventh, So twenty days later. Have you guys heard a peep from anyone about this story since the day we covered it?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I forgot Fanning County existed.
Speaker 5: Where is Fox four, NBC five, WFA, Channel eight, CBS eleven, CW thirty three.
Speaker 1: Where are they on this?
Speaker 5: Why does this city and their local media people refuse to finish.
Speaker 2: A news story? Frind the bear? Great question?
Speaker 1: Find the bear?
Speaker 2: And they didn't and that's just upsetting to me.
Speaker 6: That's oh wait, so that bear is still out in Fanning County?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Now?
Speaker 5: I would like to play a bit of the audio though, just so you guys remember what the guy sounded like to witness here?
Speaker 1: Yep, sir, in what North Tech as Meredith Heelmans discovered, people there are just as curious as the bear is. Did you get to see the bear?
Speaker 6: Forget about it?
Speaker 1: That's great?
Speaker 2: Did you get to see the bear we played against?
Speaker 1: As the bear is? Did you get to see the beard?
Speaker 6: The only animal on anyone's hand?
Speaker 1: Did you hear about the bear?
Speaker 6: He's the black bear that's saunder through town this week?
Speaker 1: It was exciting, But at the same time, glad I didn't see it.
Speaker 6: Why are we interviewing him?
Speaker 2: Did you hear about it?
Speaker 1: Because he was one of seven people that lived in Savoy and we have no new information.
Speaker 2: So we're the only people in town who have brought this.
Speaker 5: It's right, big cause to the air, So use your platform, folks, go find the bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, putting the system on trial. I like it. Watch Doc Turner all right? Coming up next, we got movie news here we are on a Friday. Maybe you're gonna catch a flick this weekend. Let's talk about the greatest movies since the year two thousand. We'll do that next, The Sticky the Giant.
Speaker 3: Movie.
Speaker 1: Been doing it all week.
Speaker 5: New York Times has finally dropped the final twenty on their list of the top one hundred movies of the twenty first century, as voted on by actors, directors, other people in hollywo And. Number twenty takes us to a twenty thirteen film known as The Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Excellent. It's a great movie. Liked it, you just kind of liked it.
Speaker 6: I yet to see it.
Speaker 1: It's I have a hard time watching movies over and over and over where it's a rise and fall because it's so depressing. The fall. I think it's bad, Like what? But I really thought it was a really really good movie, with great acting and several memorable parts to it. But it is just so sad to watch a guy get addicted to drugs and just tear down his whole life. It's I understand that, but also I guess so it's a lot of fun. It's a really fun movie. But when I walk into the lobby of the Catbird, which is the cocktail restaurant on whatever, the eleventh floor of the Thompson Hotel, and I see it was his name Jordan in real life, I forget the guy's real name, Jordan whatever. And they have a picture of him with hot chick and like wolves walking through Like, have you guys ever seen this? I've seen it.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: He has the personality type that he was gonna go full throttle no matter what walk of life. That man was in. Yeah, and dude, DiCaprio and Jonah Hill are great together. Robbie, oh my god, and Score says he that's that's one of the best movies he made in his later years. It's great.
Speaker 2: Number nineteen, two thousand and seven Zodiac.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, who is in that? Is the dude?
Speaker 2: Donnie Darko, Jake Gillenhal Yeah, dude, that is a good movie.
Speaker 1: And the Hulk is in that. That actor Ruffalo is in that, Mark Ruffalo. I think good movie. I'll watch that anytime it's on I think it's we were talking about this earlier, like directors being represented on here. I believe that's a David Fincher movie. It is David Fincher. Yeah, he's he's one of the best. I mean, we're gonna have a lot of Fincher movies, a lot of Cohen brother movies, and a lot of pt Anderson movies. It's really well done. I think the sad part is they never quite convicted the Zodiac killer. They weren't. They thought they knew who it was, but I don't think they ever got full closure and confirmed who it was. If I'm not mistaken. Number eighteen's a tough one. Two thousand and two to Mama time be in.
Speaker 2: It's great and uh that's Pedro al Motivar correct.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it's Alfonso Oh yeah the yeah qarn Yeah he also did.
Speaker 1: Uh the was it Perils to Me a more movie?
Speaker 2: It's not sex in this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's two friends and an older woman and she's a smoke show and they end up, you know, doing stuff together. It's a it's a movie about trains. There's a there's a train scene, but they're in high school and oh, really different culture.
Speaker 5: Bro yeah, I guess so different. Culture number seventeen, Broke Back Mountain. I gotta be honest, I've never seen it.
Speaker 6: You know what, I don't think I have either. I think I've seen parts of it.
Speaker 1: I've seen parts of it, but I've never sat down and watched it beginning to end. I didn't really understand it. I like Ben's review of Broke Back Mountain, which I can have. I have here, but let's hear it. Broke Back Mountain hit theaters on this day in two thousand and five. I wish I knew how to quit? You never ever quit? Guys? Why don't you? Why don't you just let me be? Huh? Why so serious?
Speaker 6: Because you jacked?
Speaker 2: I'm like this, Jake Jillenhall.
Speaker 1: That was a really good scene from that movie.
Speaker 5: They were having such a hard time getting their words out because it's such an emotional scene.
Speaker 1: It's hard when you're how to quick you yeah, man, they just beat the crap out of each other during sex. Excuse you have you ever seen it? Bab?
Speaker 6: Just say it?
Speaker 1: Man? What'd you think it was? Gay was turned into the Eric Condre show sucks Man, because so good this movie? Now, I didn't need to see it. It didn't help me in any way. Never really had the interest in watching it again. But it was a movie that was made.
Speaker 2: Would you would be into Wolming Ranch hands out there?
Speaker 1: It didn't really get that. It's basically Yellowstone. That's exactly like Yellowstone Post number sixteen, Crouching Tiger hitting Dragon. It's awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Didn't that win Best Picture?
Speaker 1: Man? I think it did. It was, uh, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was one of those movies that was stunning visually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did not went into the Wait a minute, it's the same director as Broke Back Mountain and they had that back to back ang Lee, right, that's what they had.
Speaker 2: Man, have you guys ever seen Ice Storm?
Speaker 1: Amy Lee?
Speaker 2: Ice Storm's great? Yeah, And so that's another Anglee movie.
Speaker 1: What is happening in it? Next door neighbors are having an affair in the early seventies. I don't think I've seen it.
Speaker 2: It's great, dude, it's really really good.
Speaker 1: What's to the top fifteen? Next? Yep, that's coming your way next right here on ninety seven point one, The Eagle in just over three minutes, don't go anywhere. Can't wait to see what is number one on that list? Eagle. This segment is brought to you by a Rollertown beer Works. Here's the deal. Like, right now, if you go to the Pie Tap over on Henderson Knox Henderson area, they've our Buddy Tyler is there doing tastings of rollers down.
Speaker 2: How great is that?
Speaker 1: Great? As we start making our way into all the pie taps around, Like if you go to the Design District Pie Tap right now, you can get the big German on tap. That's just one of the many places that carries us fortunate son, good friend. Tonight, I actually have a DJ gig at the Echo Music Hall and Lounge. They have the big German now, so I'm gonna be drinking big German at my gig at at Go Music Hall. Just another great place carrying Rollertown. American Airline Center, Globe Life, we talked about Pluckers, Kanye Roso Man, it's so great, Ben, There's so many great places that have been supporting Rollertown and continue to do it. And next week is our five year anniversary celebration. Yeah, hard to believe we're five years old at Rollertown. Thank you to everyone who has helped us all along the way. And if you see us on tap at a restaurant, order us if they're not. If we're not on tap, man, tell the restaurant to holler at Benny Keith. So so that's our distributor, so they can carry us. And when you see us at the grocery store, put us in your put us in your cart, man, put us in your fridge. It means the world to us. But we will be celebrating our fifth year anniversary next weekend and we're gonna be there a lot. So if you want to come hang out with us at Rollertown next week, it's a perfect chance to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out all of our social media for that. But right now it's time for this big finish it up.
Speaker 5: Top fifteen Your Times Top one hundred movies since the year twenty Number fifteen.
Speaker 1: City of God incredible, one of my top five old time favorite movies.
Speaker 2: I watch it every time it's on. It is so efing good.
Speaker 1: Two three. They might seen it, No, I have not seen it. It is The Kids in Brazil or True Story. It's basically what I tell people is, if you've ever seen Goodfellas and thought it was good, watch City of God. It's basically the Brazilian good Fellas and it's a true story and it's effing amazing. The acting is incredible, the action, the soundtrack. It is an incredible movie. Number fourteen and Glorious Bastard's awesome, great movie. I watch it almost every time I stumble across it, saying it's just really really well done. It's cool too, because you can you know the way the Tarantino movies skip around in time. Yeah, it's kind of fun when you just stumble across it because you don't have to watch it from the beginning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, watch that Christmas Day with my family when it came out.
Speaker 1: I did that with Django. I bet, I bet Django's in the top fifteen. Yeah, because Django's better than an Inglorious Bastards in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Agreed in the last segment, we told you about the one where the two guys were going to have sex with the chick. That was a movie made by Alfonso Quorn So it was number thirteen. It's called Children of Men.
Speaker 2: Oh, I never saw that.
Speaker 1: I never saw it.
Speaker 2: That's about the Catholic Church, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Back by Drama, back to Inglorious Bastards, I love Brad Pitt's accent in that. And who's the guy who's the main bad guy? Uh? Christoph christophs off Walt is one of my favorite actors ever, and dude is brilliant and he I think Django and Glorious Bastards were back to back.
Speaker 5: Tarantino's right, yeah, and he was in both the zone of interest. Number twelve That was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: I remember this.
Speaker 2: That was one about the house built next to Aushowitz.
Speaker 1: Is that number eleven?
Speaker 2: Mad Max Fury Road twenty fifteen?
Speaker 1: Fun? Incredible? Yeah, it's just an adrenaline shot. They got number eleven. Okay. I have a hard time telling which of those movies is which, obviously because a lot of the same characters recur, but not the main characters. So I have the same problem with Fast and Furious. When there's a desert a dom is the one? Is he the one that likes family? Yep?
Speaker 5: Number ten The Social Network? Great movie, remember Lake. I can't say that I've seen this in full. I know i've seen parts of it. And they're making or they're discussing making a social network too, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So is this the one where he goes on to buddy up with Elon.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I mean, I don't know. There's a lot this happened. And since that movie is this the one.
Speaker 5: Where he covers up covidcu, I should probably watch that maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great, dude.
Speaker 1: Number nine, There's no doubt that we've all seen this one.
Speaker 5: It's called Spirited Away, and it's definitely appears to be animated.
Speaker 6: What and Okay, so I may have seen it spirited Away.
Speaker 5: I can tell you that was on John tatour Row's ballot. Yeah, i'xtul sad too. I don't know what to say about it.
Speaker 2: Number eight get out, yep, I have not seen this.
Speaker 1: Amazing, I have failed everyone by having not seen this movie.
Speaker 6: The whole premise is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, really really good, really weird, very weird.
Speaker 5: Bradley Whitford is so good in this. I mean, Daniel Colia is obviously awesome. And the girl is is it's Alison Williams. Yeah, it's Alan Williams daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she has that one scene in Girls we were talking about the other day where her dad had to watch out. Number seven Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Undefeated, maybe the greatest relationship movie of all time.
Speaker 6: I cry every single time. Yeah, you know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Crying, I know, I know. I will just quickly say that a clip stumbled up on my Instagram and it was a scene from a Living Color where the bit is Jim Carrey in the background of He's just in the background.
Speaker 2: They're doing a live news shot.
Speaker 5: He's at his office and he can't help it, but he ends up killing a guy who gets kicked out and he's just doing playing to the camera stuff.
Speaker 1: But in nineteen ninety that was some good humor. So he did that a similar bit. You guys know the story. You probably were three, But they did a live in Living Color at halftime of a Super Bowl. I remember the story there the Giants were playing the Bills and they're doing it live and so to kill the final five minutes or whatever it was, then pretending to be at the Super Bowl and Jim Carrey is a fan in the background trying to get attention. Beautiful and it's just amazing improv he is. And that was the Steve Christie Super Bowl. I want to say it might have been number six No Country for old men knew it? Who knew? I love this movie?
Speaker 2: Is this the best Cohen Brothers movie?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Uh, what are the others?
Speaker 2: Fargo would be in the running Fargo's Color high Water? Maybe they didn't do that one.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm still a huge fan of like early stuff like Miller's Crossing Raising Arizona. But this movie, Harvey or Bardem is like death humanized, like the human version of death. Yeah, so good. The fact that he's got this, uh, one of those bolt shooters they kill cows with with the air compression and he's killing people with that, and it's just a great portrayal of Texas and Texans in a lot of ways. And the scene where he makes the little sweet old man at the gas station flip the coin and figure out if he's going to get killed or not, and the guy doesn't really know, but he kind of knows. Yeah. So intense. God, it's intense. Really good. Number five Moonlight amazing, It's really really good. I don't think I saw it.
Speaker 5: It's the one that twenty sixteen and we thought one, but it was Moonlight who won. Yeah, it's it's great.
Speaker 1: It's it's intense and it's it's it's not an easy watch, but it's really really good. And you know who's great in it is Janelle Monet. Oh really, she has a small role in it. Number four This goes back to two thousand and one in the mood for love? What is that?
Speaker 6: As you've never heard that term before?
Speaker 1: Or no, I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 2: It's a song, it's a standard.
Speaker 1: I don't encounter anyone that's in that mood.
Speaker 2: That is just a more PC version of feel like making love Me in the mood for love?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was on Sofia Coppola's a ballot, I can tell you that much. This is a journalist and a secretary, both married to other people, move into the same crowded Hong Kong building and then they they brushed past each other and then sparks start to fly a little bit.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: It doesn't feel like it should be top five, but I haven't seen it, so I won't speak on it. There will be blood number three though, Yes, that's the other one I need to see here.
Speaker 1: It's really good, phenomenal acting casting, but it's a hard watch, man, it is. It's that in the Master two pt. Anderson movies that are. I mean, I'm a huge fan of his, but to me, those are laborious watches.
Speaker 6: Here also three hours long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thing is so hard.
Speaker 5: No Country for Old Men never drags like it goes and goes and goes, and there's suspense happening.
Speaker 1: I believe there will be blood as an Upton sent clear novel. Does it say that there?
Speaker 5: They didn't say. I didn't say that, but it might be. I don't it's not in this paragraph. Number two Mulholland Drive Man.
Speaker 1: I love David Lynch movies, and this one is really really good after he had a run where he kind of had a dry spell. But I would disagree that it's the second best movie of the twenty first century.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be in my top ten.
Speaker 1: Does anyone have any guesses for what number one is? And are there any glaring omissions? If Django Unchained ain't out there? On on there's that should be in there. I can't believe that's number two. I mean, it's fine, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Thinking of one right now that I will say if they should be on there.
Speaker 1: Filmmakers tend to love that kind of thing because it's a film Noir anyways, Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I get it, but you know there's actors who but I mean Bride'smaidens made the list and a man made the list.
Speaker 6: Site wasn't on there?
Speaker 1: Right? Oh?
Speaker 5: I bet parasites number one all my guess And again I haven't seen this yet either. Parasite would would that's good, That's what The other one was that what year was Kevin Spacey? And the creepy one was that nineteen ninety nine. That's in the nineties, okay, but it won the Best Picture in two thousand.
Speaker 1: Pretty what's it called.
Speaker 2: Life the Young American Beauty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: American Beauty's in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Really, Okay, that's why then. Yeah, number one is God. He's always fighting for Spacey.
Speaker 5: I know, man, he's like man, he's been so represented. Hey, he's hirable. Parasite I don't disagree.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 6: I watch that movie, rules seen at least three times.
Speaker 5: It is badass and there's nothing like it. There's so much crap going on in that basement, just like whoa, we're the wait we're doing that now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh, movie's wild. I I'd only seen nineteen of these movies. Twenty I've seen twenty of these movies.
Speaker 1: Now you have to watch the rest of them. You said by the end of the summer. I think by the end of the month weekend, I thought, yeah, end of the month. By the way, Tuesday, has anybody watched more than one episode of The Bear yet?
Speaker 3: Just no one.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen one. I watched the last episode of season three, and I watched the first two of this season, and I remember why I love this serials so much. Okay, go, oh my god, the editing. There's just let's go.
Speaker 2: Well, we hope everyone has a great weekend. Thank you for hanging with us.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time that Kat looked the Bear dead in the eye and he said, oh, it's Juifs and then it got really weird. Christina is going to stick around and play some tunes right here on the Eagle. There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock bag. Dude. A great summer.