Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for ignition with the aw fat podcast team.
Speaker 2: This is Kelson and this is Alex and we just had All Out two weeks after All In, and that was a crazy.
Speaker 3: Pay per view.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Just to recap some of the things that we saw. We saw Danny Garcia attempt to break and jfsnack possibly break it. He did have to get carted off by ambulance members.
Speaker 1: I think he was just lazy. Maybe he hit so hard he thought he was Orge Cassidy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had crazy, like probably the craziest thumbtack spot I can remember remember in recent memory, with Chris Statlander doing the splits on thumbtacks.
Speaker 1: So if you remember earlier in the show, JF actually was Daniel Garcia that PICKEDJF right the scrotum and I said, ow my balls from Idiocracy And then when Chris Statlander did that spot, I went o my book. No, I didn't know what to say, so I just left it at desk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything you could have said wouldn't have been PG. But yeah, yeah, like so that match was crazy, and they've had a few. I remember that Diamonte Layla hirsh match on the Last Ring of Honor pay per view was just insane WIF match, that gat match. Yeah, and this was this was a great match I thought as well. It was definitely the best match in Chris Statlander and Willow's ongoing history. Agree, But yeah, that was just the tip of the violent iceberg if you will. Then we had Brian Danielson versus Jack Perry. Pretty it was a good match. I thought it was a good showing from Jack Perry. But the ending with the Blackpool Combat Club, John Moxley basically saves Brian Danielson from Christian Cage, cashing in the contract on him, right, and then they're all raising his hand and celebrating them.
Speaker 3: And probably the last.
Speaker 2: Person I would expect to turn on Brian Danielson or to be the first person to attack him, Claudio Castignoli, hits him with the European uppercut.
Speaker 1: Well, he had had that bastard pack holding back the weepy wheeler utah too. Geez, yeah, got that was good. That was really good. I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, he really didn't put up much of a fight though.
Speaker 3: He was almost just.
Speaker 5: But I mean, he just seemed to like he was crying and upset, but to me, it just seemed like that was it. He wasn't like really trying that hard to get over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I also think it's kind of like there's a question of does he even want to stop it? Does he want to join Brian Danielson's side, or does he want to stay with the rest of the members?
Speaker 5: You know, I think he I think he made his decision because didn't he stay with Danielson when everybody else left?
Speaker 1: Yes, he did, That's what I thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he left with Danielson. So it kind of brings in the question the Trios titles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Yeah, but yeah, I thought that was amazing and just it. Yeah, it was really well done. It's made me so much more interested in John Moxley. And we can't forget John Moxley bringing the plastic bag. And I know this was controversial, but you know, it's not as controversial as some of the other things we'll talk about tonight in my opinion, because.
Speaker 1: See, and I disagree with you there, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Because to me, you know, some of the things that I have more of an issue with are things that are going to hurt people, for like literally hurt the wrestlers, like give them real injuries or ongoing issues. This isn't something that can be worked. I know it's violent, it's maybe something you don't want kids while watching, but I find the shockingness of it kind of good in a way. Like and I say that as someone that's I enjoy horror movies.
Speaker 3: I enjoy.
Speaker 2: Like gore and stuff, you know, not over the top. But I I'm not opposed to that. I'm not squeamish.
Speaker 1: I guess well, I enjoyed Doubt Nabby and I had no problem with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is down Nabby gory? I haven't checked that out.
Speaker 1: It depends on how bored you get with it, because then you can fall asleep and you could have Hella Dalton Nabby induced nightmares. I'm telling you, man, you thick up some really weird stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what did you think of the plastic bag use Kelson?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what do you There are a lot of things that happen on that pay per view that were considered to have gone too far. I'll point out three things, one being the plastic bag, the other being the cinder block. Basically that was that was bad. I mean, I don't know if it was a gimmicked cinder block or or not. Well, there was four things. Then you had the syringe, which was definitely gimmicked. I mean you could clearly see it, and the chair shot that hangman gave the swerve with the obvious gimmick chair. Of all the things that was done, the syringe and the chair shot are the ones that are getting the most that went too far where those are probably the least painful because, like I said, the syringe was clearly you could see it gimmicked. Yeah, and the chair was gimmicked. I don't know whether the uh, the brick was gimmicked or not, but yeah, the plastic bag is the thing that I think was maybe a little bit irresponsible, I guess is the best way to put it. Because don't get me wrong here, I'm not making a big deal out of it because I don't really see that there was anything wrong with it. But that looked really real because there was no like space, you know there. It looked like he had and I was like, after a while, I was like, he's gonna get carbon dioxide poisoning because there's they weren't They had that bag tight on his head. And there was no rips in the bag. Usually there's some visible rips. I didn't see one that I mean I would I would think if everything that was done, that was probably the one thing that went to me over the top. Maybe if it had been shorter, would have been that big of a deal, but that could be dangerous for kids. But it's on a pay per view. I want to stress that this is not on Dynamite or rampage or collision. It's on a pay per view, and you've got to expect more in a pay per view. Now, I'm not saying that a plastic bag over Brian Danielson's head is more necessarily, but what it is is it's something different and something edgy and something that may have gone a little bit too far. But again, it's on a pay per view, so honestly, I don't have a problem with it. And look, there are people that are finding the well, I'm not even gonna say people, there are attention horrors on the internet that are trying to make a big deal out of this pay per view and the violence that was in it. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: No, And yeah, like yes, the paper did the plastic bag because I imagine kids watching it, and yeah, it is a pay per view. It was on it was like well past ten. It was probably close to eleven o'clock when I was actually on exactly.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I think they probably wouldn't see it generally, and and it made it so much better because if Moxley was just you know, choking out, Brian Danielson and Wheeler Yuda is crying in pox arms, it wouldn't it wouldn't have the impact that it did with the plastic bag. I'm not saying they should overdo it or even do it again, but it really made that moment so much more in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could have gotten like, uh, you know, like a camera cable or something like that and went to strangle him what had the same kind of thing, But this was something that we hadn't seen before and so it was different and it was I hate to use the word special, but it was. It was special and you know, and special people like me enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What what does everybody else think? Because it's basically been the the Alex and Kelson Show so far? What what what are your other opinions?
Speaker 4: I get where they're upset about it.
Speaker 5: I understand it was that was to me was it wasn't so much that it was over too much over the top. It's just you don't I'm you just don't show that kind of stuff on, even on a per view where you're trying to physically murder somebody. That's what it comes across as. And it would have been just as good had they used the cable or just a rear naked choke hold. I don't think the plastic bag was necessary.
Speaker 4: But I get why they did it.
Speaker 5: The whole Utah thing in the corner I thought was funny because, like I said, I didn't think he put any kind of fight up at all.
Speaker 4: He just sort of stood there and cried.
Speaker 5: And I mean, if he really worried that much about that Brian, he'd have been over there one way or the other. He would have put up up some kind of a fight, and he didn't. He just kind of stood in there and pack held him and that.
Speaker 4: Was that the rest of the show.
Speaker 5: I don't like needles, but I didn't think it was that big a deal For the the uh syringe, I thought that was kind of I thought it was kind of weird that it stuck and I was like, wow, he kept it inn there, and then as soon as he started to go for the chair, I said, nov Kane, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Put him out so he won't feel no King, that's awesome. I mean that was what it was like.
Speaker 5: And I was just like, Okay, I mean, this was probably the most violent they've ever been on a show, including the use of the pizza cutter and all the other crap that they've done in the past, I think this was definitely the most violent.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we'll ever see it again, at least not the stuff from the last two matches.
Speaker 4: Other than that, I thought it was a normal pay per view.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one other kind of things and Kay, you can help me out with this, well, other kind of things. When we jump, suddenly brought up the piece of cutter. I remember Penta put the skewers into. Moxley said, there's been different things that Aw's used specifically of pay per views.
Speaker 5: I think one of the goorious was that the was it who was it that was in that street that Texas death? Matt Moxley, the bob wire table that they went into that was like it wasn't like a table.
Speaker 4: But was like a trap. That was pretty wicked. Yeah, that was pretty wicked.
Speaker 6: Uh. You know, I didn't have a problem with I watched videos. I'm kind of desensitized to it. I didn't care. I think there are a lot of people neck beards out there just trying to stir up stuff. But if you're gonna sit there and say say that I love people, say that a w saw, but then turn around and do this, and which is it? But I don't know it. It's wrestling and you have to do stuff like that to get attention.
Speaker 1: What about did you watch the Attitude era? MK? Yes, I mean some of the ship that all Undertaker did was.
Speaker 6: On a Taker cross he you know, didn't he hang Big Boss Man off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's just the tip of the iceberg of what they did. But you know, but like I said, we've seen this spot before with the Bag, before with with Terry Funk and Rick Flair, So it's not so it's been done before. I don't know. There's some there was some guy on the internet, some guy out there saying that that that they stole the needle move from him. I thought that was kind of ridiculous, like no one cares about some guy.
Speaker 1: I jammed the needle of Nova Kan into my sister's skull at times, so they stole from me. I'm probably older than that guy, but.
Speaker 6: But it's it's weird to me that people are so every time AW does something like that, because I believe I don't know when it was, but I think during a women's after women's match that was typically brutal, w W went to sponsors and tried to get them canceled because of it. So, uh, I don't remember who what it was was. It was it all out, it was the lights out match or something, but it just that WWE can do shit like that, but AW can't.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to look at the culture of social media. You know. There have been times that I've woken up in the morning and tongue in cheek, I've gone onto my personal Twitter account and posted something like, oh guys, what are we boycotting today? You know, just being sarcastic, because people will get up in arms about something and the next day they're up in arms about something else totally unrelated. It's just the way it is. You got keyboard warriors out there that are rather pathetic. You know, face it, and it happens on Twitter, it happens on Reddit. They get disgusted and it's not worth the time. And then you have these idiots coming out there like that one woman was I guess I had a petition to you know, boycott or whatever, cancel aw you. There was one woman who didn't comber hair, lay it down. And then there was that one guy that wore a Luca mask. You know, I made a total idiot out of the side.
Speaker 6: I died on the Luca mask. I follow a guy named follow the Revolution on Facebook, and he posted a video of this guy in Lucia mask claiming claiming to be La Parka the Parka and basically said it's time for Swerb and Amalson to come home. News flash, buddy, they don't want to go home. They enjoy where it's at.
Speaker 1: Well, La park is dead.
Speaker 6: So oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: He passed away quite a while ago. So rested peace, Laparka. And I'm sorry, that's some moron, use your name and stupidity.
Speaker 6: Seeing something like that, I cringed so hard. I wanted to feel bad for him. I did.
Speaker 1: Well. Look, you know, overall I thought that All Out was really really good. It had some spots on it that I didn't care. I really, really really wish that Okada Tekeshta would have gone one on one, you know, because let's face it, Orge Cassidy was only at that match so that Orange Cassidy would be in a match. I mean, that was the only purpose. And Brisco was there to be the foil for Orage Cassidy. I mean, that's the way I look at it. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. I have to give credit to Chris Statlander Willow Nightingale because remember they were on right after will Osprey and Pac match, which everybody thought would probably be a contender for to match at a night and it was, and then you didn't want to follow that match, and Willow and Chris came out there and they put everything out on the table. And guess what, when I was watching that match, I forgot that Ospray and Pack even happened. And that is the best compliment I could give those two women. They put on a hell of a show, So good for them. I mean I think that everything on the show, the pre show was just god awful, but everything, oh my god, It's like Okay, who else are we going to trot out here? You know? But the show itself was really really good. It really was that it had a lot of variety to it, and it didn't have multimn matches except for that one, which, unfortunately the Okata and Dakeshta and Cassidy and Briscoe batch was the only match that I kind of my mind started wandering because it was just you know, you know, from listening to the to me speaking, I don't like these. I'm not a fan of trios matches because there's too much going on, but I especially don't like multiman matches where everybody's in the ring. There's too much I don't know, stand it around outside of the ring for no reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was the worst match of the show. But and it wasn't even that bad. It was it was probably.
Speaker 1: Wasn't It wasn't awful. Yeah, it wasn't awful. It was just far below what everybody else did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I didn't expect much from the tag team match, and that was just a really solid, NonStop action tag team match. And yeah, both women's matches were pretty good. I thought that the ending for the Mercedes Monett did. The match was a little awkward.
Speaker 3: I'm sure everyone agrees, but needs.
Speaker 1: To get a new finisher because that just, you know what, you know what, it reminds me of it. It reminds me of the GTS. When Monet hits it, it looks and she hits it right, it looks pretty good, you know, but like when Punk would try to GTS or whoever who else does the GTS uh Sebbi Guevara does it every once in a while. There's a couple of other guys that when they hit it, it looks really good, but if they miss it by even a millimeter, it looks horrible. It really does, and they got to stop those. Bonett needs a new finisher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she's done it like ten times and maybe one or two times it's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She needs to do a nipple twister or something like that. Something they get it. Just yeah, Well, I want to I want to move on because this is interesting and I have a couple of I have a couple of opinions on that, but I'm going to hold my opinions, let everybody else talk first, and hopefully somebody will say something that I was thinking, and then I won't have to you know. Fuck well anyway that what I'm we're going to talk about is AW Shockwave?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: And I mean there's rumors going around, and for each rumor to comes up, somebody else shoots it down. There's nothing definitive at all. I'm hearing this though that's already been debunked. I'm hearing this. Nope, that's the bunk too, you know. But Shockwave was trademarked by AW and the only thing that I will say is that it was not trademarked for merchandising or anything of that sort. It was trademarked as a wrestling show or event, So that could mean it could be a show, it could be a pay per view. Tony Kahan was asked about it on the media Scrum and he said, basically a politician's answer. He spoke for two minutes and said absolutely nothing. Basically, he said, well, AW is going to send the shockwave through professional wrestling, and that didn't give a hint or a clue about anything. However, he did say somebody flat out asked him in the next month or so, what are the chances that we're going to hear about a new TV deal? And Tony Khan said nine the chance, there's a ninety percent chance within the next month or so, I believe was the words that we used that we'll hear about the new TV deal. People are saying that it's already signed, but it's non exclusive or is it? We don't know that is what is. Well, we can't really say what a W shockwave is because then we would all we don't know, so we'd all look kind of dumb. But what do we want it to be?
Speaker 5: I'm hoping it's a pay per view after uh sometime next year between uh what is the one called in in in Japan?
Speaker 4: It's that's not Russell Dream next year.
Speaker 7: Russell Dynasty is Okay, that's the way between that one and anytime after that one before all out or uh double or nothing would be an awesome pay per view.
Speaker 1: But I think I think Russell Dynasty's in in January, John January fifth, and then I think the next pay per view is April and that's all in.
Speaker 5: No, they've got when are they going to Australia.
Speaker 1: Or is it? Or is that the one? I don't know, but I think that.
Speaker 4: Was the second one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I want to slam, right, and who knows if that's even a paper.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not listed as a paper, it's not listed as a pay per view, but I think it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so what do we want shock Wave to be?
Speaker 4: You wanted to be a pay per view?
Speaker 5: You want to I wanted to be something that has never been seen in some way adding it kind of takeing like a forbidden Door, but making it like like a super show bigger than any forbidden Door has ever been, maybe throwing in two or three indies or something that we haven't seen before.
Speaker 1: All Right, One thing that I wanted to add that Tony Kahn did say a couple of times last week was that he's very confident that aw will remain on TNT and TBS, TNT and TBS in the new deal. So you know, it's not like, Okay, we're going to cancel Rampage and Collision because those are both TNT shows, right, And so he's saying that we're gonna have shows on TBS and TNT. Is Shockwave gonna be replacing one of those shows? I don't know. What do you think? Guys?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, go ahead, I'll go ahead, let's go ahead.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I was just gonna say, if if AW Shockwave is its own show, and it's in addition.
Speaker 3: To the three shows we have already.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of shows, like four shows, maybe this is on a different channel. But I think maybe if it's something more or like AW Dark and if this new deal is not exclusive to WBD, so it's not necessarily on TBS and TNT. Maybe it's on YouTube. Maybe it's on to B I've heard rumor because they are owned by Fox, or like Hulu, like one of these other companies that's maybe a streaming service online, something like that makes.
Speaker 3: More sense to me.
Speaker 1: Don't forget don't forget Max.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it could be Max, but then that would kind of make me think it is maybe more exclusive with Warner Brothers Discovery. Yeah, so I would worry if it's if it's its own show and it's supposed to be a show that is important to a storyline, like like Collision and Dynamite, which is really nowadays just Dynamite. But it is asking a lot from viewers to four shows.
Speaker 1: Theoretically, Okay, okay, what do you think? Cut?
Speaker 6: So this is gonna sound so this is what I want it to be.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: I want I want it to be Saturday morning shockwave. Uh. I want a way to introduce kids to wrestling again. And and I went back to the days when when WWE was in Saturday mornings a little bit. Except it's fun and it's a good way to get introductions and just little matches. It doesn't have to be anything big and just show show who wrestlers are and stuff like that. I wouldn't mind it being on to b uh. They have live TV on there as well sometimes and they could have their own, you know, Ring of Honor channel and then make Ring of Our Lives sometimes too. Like on Pluto has its own channel for PNA and stuff, so they need the exposure. They don't have to make it a big, big deal as well, so we'll see what happened. But I want a TV show that's more more just laid back and chilled and just introducting and just introducing new wrestlers.
Speaker 4: Well, I was just.
Speaker 5: Gonna say, I don't see w D WBD giving up exclusivity.
Speaker 4: I really don't. I know.
Speaker 5: My son told me that next year there's supposed to be a collaboration between Warner Brothers and Fox for a streaming service.
Speaker 4: I thought it.
Speaker 1: Was that was actually already supposed to be happened, but he judge blocked it. It was called Venue and.
Speaker 2: Okay like Sports exclusively, and Disney was part of it too.
Speaker 5: I think, I mean, for five years at exclusive rights, why would they give that up?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: I don't see that happening. I really truly don't see that ever happening under this do this thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I understand what you WBD. Not giving up exclusive rights is best for WBD, it's not best for a w and Tony Kahan knows this. And here's what I think is gonna happen. I think that Rampage is going to be taken off of Friday Nights first and foremost, and it is going to be added to Dynamite. And I know that that is a controversial thing. It's something that some people want and something that some people don't want. It to be very much more difficult to stay for three hours on the East Coast and watch Dynamite Rampage. I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped the Rampage Moniker altogether after a while. I just made it three or Dynamite a Collision. I've discussed it before. It remains to be seen whether they keep it on Saturday Night, but I do feel like Collision is going to stay Collision. I would not at all be surprised if they moved Collision to Friday Night because it just makes sense. Saturday Night is it's just ratings hell, and you want people. I know ratings don't matter to a lot of people, but you do want new fans to be introduced to the product, and no new fans are going to be added on on Friday Night. That leaves Shockwave. And what I think Shockwave could possibly be is there's several things that could be. It could be a show that's on Max. It could be a show that's even on YouTube. Again, we're talking about the non exclusive non exclusive. Uh, there's ben rumors tossed around that Fox wants a wrestling show. Look, Fox lost SmackDown, And here's the thing. Spackdown got tremendous ratings, but it cost a lot to put smack Down on AW is definitely a cheaper alternative than SmackDown. Is just played and simple, and Fox could still make a lot more money. Fox couldn't make just as much, if not more money with a W. And I'm not putting down the SmackDown brand at all here, but if they do it right and market it right, Fox couldn't make more money off of AAW over the next four or five years, whatever the deal could possible. B if there is one, then they ever would with SmackDown because it doesn't cost as much to produce the AW show. So here's what my thought was is and this is what I really do think it's going to be is I think it's going to be a show that is going to be on either Max or YouTube or something that that effect. And it's going to be a somewhat simwhere to Dark, you know, as far as the Dark Dark elevation, as far as the uh, the theme behind the show. And I think that they're going to do it in one spot. In other words, they're not going to do it with dynamite or with collision. They're going to tape it separately, but it's going to take place and bring Sample Daily's Place every week or e Sports Stadium in Arlington, Baby, both go back and forth. This will keep production costs down. You don't have to keep going back and forth, and you could actually tape it and have time to edit it like they did with Dark and make it more seamless. You see what I'm saying. And yeah, and it kind of be like bringing back regional wrestling and this is going. This would be a show to get some of the men and women in aw and even rig of Honor, more matches, more exposure so that they can get better. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 6: I agree with that I missed Dark, I really do. I think Dark was fun. It was you know, lighthearted. Of course, the commentary team was excellent and they just didn't care. They are just doing their thing, and that's what I think needs to be brought back. Not really so corporate, not really so clean, just fun, fun time. And an esport Arena was great. Just small little areas, like a month at a time, go there because that really worked at Esports Arena. I don't know about Daily's places that can be used, but just fun, fun times, you know. Impact Going was notorious for being crazy back in the day because it was a place to be and you knew where it was.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, and one thing I really liked about Dark and being on YouTube was just you never felt like you had to watch it live.
Speaker 3: It was very easy to watch it the next day. It was right.
Speaker 2: You know, YouTube puts it in your face, they're like, oh, you haven't watched this yet. You watched it last week. Do you want to watch it on Thursday or Friday?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: And probably for international audiences that you know, we're in the Middle East, people in India, are people in the UK like who are on different time zones, it's probably an easy way to just kind of get a little bit of aw flavor once in a while, get them hooked mm hmm. And then one thing that I want to mention is I do like the idea of them not necessarily being exclusive with Warner Brothers Discovery, the idea of them having all their content wrapped up on TNT and TBS, where if you read like the Hollywood Reporter and these things talking about the health of WBD as a company, like their TV business, and they've lost the NBA now is struggling and losing a lot of money, and there's a lot of debt wrapped up in their TV channels specifically not so much HBO Max and their movies, but you know, there could be a situation where they're selling off their TV channels or things of that nature. So having aw's future wrapped up in that kind of makes me a little bit worried. And I think if they can control their own future and have some other avenues where their shows are, it makes me a little more confident.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I get what you're saying. I really do it. It's going to be interesting, and I think that we're going to hear about this student rather than later. I really do so. It's going to be interesting because there's so much movement. I mean, look at WWE. Spec Out is not going to be on on Fox anymore. Where is it going? I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Andra is Netflix.
Speaker 1: Right Monday, well, starting October seventh, Monday Night, Raw is going from three hours and two hours, and it's going to be on USA and then beginning of the year it's going to Netflix. Now we don't know whether it's going to be two or three hours then, but look, you've got there's no longer wrestling. It to be on Fox, that's for sure. Fox is going to want wrestling. What better place to go than AW. So that is a possibility, but it's just it's rumors right now. There's nothing confirmed that I know now since we've been talking about it, it may have been confirmed somehow by Fox or something.
Speaker 6: I've heard from superstars within the company that it's f s one show.
Speaker 1: Right and it's gonna be one hour long. But I don't want to you can get into that, you know, because you know, because it really is, it's rumors, it's you know, and yeah, I've heard the same thing about people talking in the locker room or whatever, backstage or whatever. You know how many times I've seen backstage mentioned on stuff that has started out to be one hundred false. So not only in AW but at WWE and TNA and Rig of Honor or whatever. You know. It's just look, I believe it when I see it, and I think we're here, and I think we will hear something in the next week or two about it more, you know, nailed down.
Speaker 2: I have a spicy idea. So when is it AW Shockwave with raw going to Netflix? When's if it's a Monday night wrestling show for eight years old?
Speaker 1: Very well could be.
Speaker 2: Because you know, are people going to watch Netflix Monday night Raw on Mondays? Like people aren't usually watching Netflix live, right.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of people that won't have Netflix, because the way Netflix.
Speaker 4: I mean, Netflix goes up every yes day, seems like once.
Speaker 5: You get a subscription, it may be fifteen dollars this month and next month it's thirty five, and you're sitting there going, what the hell? So I thought that was kind of funny when WWE announced that they're going to Netflix for wrong, I'm thinking, I don't know Netflix has that kind of a backing that they're going to get the number of people they think they're going to get.
Speaker 1: But Yain, it's all about the library. And you know, I don't really know as WWE staying on Peacock as well for the pls. I don't even know. So, but you know, one thing that's proving is that WWE is not worried about ratings as far as the numbers or dot WWE endeavor, I guess is the best way to put it. Now, because they're the ones that own WWE. Now, I think it's buddy that ww is airing that Vince mcmand documentary and they're on Netflix, and Netflix has taken over whatever. I don't want to talk about WWE anymore. What I do want to talk about is AW and let's just talk briefly about the the Dynamite card, because tomorrow night we already talked about what happened with John Moxley and the BCC. Well, tomorrow night, John Moxley's coming to make a statement. I guess it's just that we're going to hear from John Moxley tomorrow night. Does anybody have any idea what he what you would expect for him to say, or what do you want him to say a little concerned? You're concerned?
Speaker 6: I mean for Darby Allen. I think Moxley wants his The speculation is that Moxley wants somehow to get Darby shot at Grand Slam and do damage to Brian and and take his belt.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: That whole whole thing surprised me. It's it's interesting to see where the I call him the Bastard Combat Club now and to see where they're going to go. Uh and and this is gonna be interesting. But the other but there's the bother batches that interest me to that I think we need to talk about. But it should be a good card. But Darby hasn't talked to him, has he seen them? I didn't see anything at the pay per view, did they come in contact. It's been like two or three weeks.
Speaker 1: Darby wasn't didn't have a thing to do at all with the all out pay per view. There's no VIC yet, there's nothing.
Speaker 5: There's also a rumor that John Moxley wants Darby to join them, So, I mean, I've seen both things. I kind of I'm kind of going towards like MK said that he wants that title shot. I think that would be a great last match for Brian.
Speaker 4: If they went that route.
Speaker 3: Which is Darby and danielsoner.
Speaker 4: Danielson and Moxley. I think that would be a really good.
Speaker 5: Match to end Brian's career if that's what they want to do. I think that would be probably one of the better matches that he could have in AW without bringing somebody in from the outside or you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, he.
Speaker 5: Could go up against Okada or pak or Osprey again.
Speaker 4: But have we even seen Moxley versus Danielson. I think we saw it once.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, right what the BCC was for. Yeah, So that means I think the last time they actually had a match, right.
Speaker 5: So that could be a very interesting route for them to go. It's I guess it's gonna be what happened?
Speaker 4: When? When is Derby coming back? Are they I don't know if they've kept him.
Speaker 5: Out because of they want to play off an injury from all In or if it's just he hasn't been on the show.
Speaker 1: I don't think that they're they're doing a Cafe bidgeriagle with him. One thing that I will say, uh, this could be part of the conversation as well. Look where does John Moxley Tomorrow night? There's probably going to be the BCC such as it is with them. You may also see Danielson, you may see Darby, you may see wheel Er Yuda, who for all ten purposes, doesn't seem to me like he's part of the BCC anymore. The other thing that I want to bring up is that also tomorrow night they're having a tag team casino goblin match. What would be interesting is if, oh, I don't know, John Moxley and Claudio Castigioli were entered into that. And what about would it be something if Darby Allen and I don't know, uh, Danielson or maybe Wheeler Uda is Darby Allen's partner. We're we're a tag team, you know? In this I mean this that's something that I'm I'd like to see that, to be honest with you, because we know we're gonna get Kyle O'Reilly at Orange Cassidy, and we're gonna get Roderick Strong and somebody I don't say that name. Uh. They suck and they will always.
Speaker 3: I think is a good chance they win. They're they're on a hot streak right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they beat two cockroaches and now they got you gotta uh uh where she called it a valet. Now they were moving up in the world. Man, Yeah, that's a terrible valet they have.
Speaker 2: But I can I can see the Young Bucks beating them next week and the week after.
Speaker 3: After they get their title shot.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're gonna see the Young Bucks because Dick Jackson's injured.
Speaker 3: Oh really, Yeah, that's one of the.
Speaker 1: Things he got. Remember I think it was on Collision maybe, yeah, I think it was on Collision where Claudia Casting only had Nick Jackson in when they had that eight man All Star match. Ye, Claudio CASTI only had the had Dick Jackson in the spin and and Wheeler you to hit Nick Jackson with the drop kick at the end of the spin. That hurt Nick Jackson's shoulder, So I've got to give credit where credit was due. While it wasn't my favorite match in the paper. You the tag team match, uh for between the Young Bucks and Wheeler. You to Claudio CASTI only Nick Jackson was wrestling injured, and you can clear if you will go back and look at it, you could clearly see that he was favoring his shoulder the entire match, and uh Andy power through. So I think they're gonna give him some time off. So I don't think you're going to see the Young Bucks in the ring.
Speaker 6: Doing much, probably not too Grand Slam correct.
Speaker 1: Grand Slam, Yeah, which is the twenty fifth. Yeah, I would. I would definitely think that they're going to get a couple of weeks off here so he could heal heel up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh Speaking of the BCC, is Eddie Kingston as he do back anytime soon? I feel like he out play a role in this.
Speaker 1: May twenty twenty five is the last time heard. Okay, so we've got another six or seven months. It's back, thank god.
Speaker 5: The one thing that no one's mentioned yet with the BCC.
Speaker 4: Is this a Moxley thing or could this lead to.
Speaker 5: An addition to the ae W roster of one McMahon.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I've heard that that could very well be. I've even heard McMahon tossed around in the Shockwave discussion.
Speaker 4: I got a theory on that.
Speaker 5: This is exactly if you remember back then, if you were watching it back then, when w CW finally came into WWE, you.
Speaker 4: Had one eight one day.
Speaker 5: WWE side with w CW and that was stone colding. So why not if they were to do and they've been doing a lot of things that have been done before, But again, this is wrestling. There's only so much you can do without repeating stuff in the past. The difference between AW and other places is AW actually does things the right way. Maybe they're leading up to if you notice everybody that's back with Moxley or ex WWE guys, that's why you're just not there. That's why I kind of doubt that Derby's going to be asked to be on there. It would be perfect if you set Brian Danielson up as the the stone cold Steve Austin character for the a W Crew against the WWE invasion, which would then lead to the rumors of McMahon coming in.
Speaker 6: That's a little bar that's for me.
Speaker 1: I don't like that one. Sorry, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's setting it up for that, I don't. I don't see Shan McMahon being an on screen character more than a GM. I don't think anyone particularly wants that. But it's funny to me that you to is it? It's still isn't He tagged King Trios with with uh yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Is damn happy.
Speaker 6: By him and make him do matches.
Speaker 2: I think Wheeler will be with them for a little bit at least. Maybe he'll break away, but I think it'll be gradual.
Speaker 1: One thing that I wanted to bring up though, uh sorry, okay. One thing I want to bring up is going back to all out when when Danielson was molested by the BCC. Remember, Christian Cage came out, and it would have been stupid for Christian Cage not to come out because he does have the contract that he can sign at any time and he could have gone right after Brian Danielson, And of course the BCC stopped Christian Cage from doing that. But as soon as Christian Cage turn around and left, they beat the living hell out of out of Danielson. So don't forget that Christian Cage is still in the picture here m hm with Danielson, So like tomorrow night, if Danielsen does confront the BCC or even participates in that tag team match, Christian catch come out at any time and try to get that contract. So there's always gonna So that's something good I liked. I liked the fact that they brought Christian Cage out in a lot. I just wanted to throw that out there.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: It was a nice word, but I don't know where he could honestly calsen. That's a good point because eventually they're gonna have to have a match, And granted Lamb is booked up with Darby, so where does he he fit and line? You know, he always has these matches with new champions, so it's no joke. I don't see him winning at all, so we'll see what'll happened with that. But it's not I don't want Christian Cage to win because he's such a bright star he didn't need it. But a Danielson versus Christian Cage match does interest me because I think it's only happened once in aw as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I want to move on a little bit here because I do want to talk about the other two segments in in the Dynamite tomorrow night, because it's only got three segments or three matches announced, or three segments announced actually because the Mocksley thing is not a match per se, although may very well be some violence involved. On the all out pre show, we saw Mariah May come out to have her second attempt at having her World Championship celebration, but once again she said that I Am not going to do it here in Chicago with the state in her voice. But also remember that sky Blue made an appearance and bless her, hertchie took a bump and Queen Amanada came out to stand up for So now tomorrow night we're going to see Queen Amanada versus Mariah May. But I don't think anybody really expects Queen Amanada to defeat Mariah May. She's basically being thrown to the champion for a good match, but it's it will pretty good match. However, it does open up some interesting story ideas because we all know that Queen Amanada and sky Blue are good friends. Who else's friends? With sky Blue is Julia Hart, who you know is by accounts, should be very close, if not already ready to come back from her shoulder injury. So we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like.
Speaker 1: That she didn't. I think that I thought that it wouldn't be the wrong time to do it. I think on a Dynamite collision is where she should do it, specifically on collision. But I would hope that tomorrow night on Dynamite that Julia Hart shows up, and uh yeah, I would love to see blonde on blonde action with Julia Hart Mariah A because I think that would be a really good way of getting Julia Hart back. The only thing that bothers me about Julia Hart Mariah May is that I really think that Julia Hart sh meant going after Mercedes Monet get for the TBS Championship. Because again I said this before and I'll say it again. I believe that Mercedes Monet the intention all along was from Mercedes Mone to that championship belt off of Julia Hart. And we know that Tony Khan is stubborn and when something happens that prevents him to do what he wants, he does it at the first opportunity. Anyway, so I think we will see Julia Hart me Mercedes monego at it very soon. But I'm just thinking that this is perfect opportunity for Julia Hart to come and confront Mariah May again. I don't expect Julia Hart to beat Mariah May, but I mean we could see Julia Hart and Queen Aminada against Mariah May and Mina Shirakawa. You know, I don't know, like a Grand Slam or something like that. It doesn't even have to be a Mariah May and Julia Hart one on one match. It could be leading up to something, you know what I mean. So I'm interested, do you guys think? I mean, yeah, Mariah Man Queenominada. But is there going to be more.
Speaker 5: To it than that Tony Storm. I think Tony's gonna make an appearance, come out and get involved in that match.
Speaker 6: I just I think she needs to stay out longer.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: I don't know who. I think it would be great for do Lea Heart, but at some point they got to start setting up her next, her next feud, and I don't know who it's gonna be. You know, I'd be for Rosa, I would be for Deanna Parrazzo or or something like that. But they got to start doing something and I'm running out of face, and I put it with.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna throw all dame out there for you, Marina Shaffir House, the black Person is the Blackpool Comba Club. Why not?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, I I agree. I think Tony. I feel like Tony Storm will be Mariah May's next opponent at whatever pay per view that's coming up. I guess the Wreussell dream. And I really like the idea of Mercedes Monette versus Julia Hart if they're building towards that, and especially we talked about Mercedes Moneue not being able to do her finish her very well. I feel like she could do it very well to Julia Hart because.
Speaker 1: She's already has mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think they match up well. Yeah, I would. I would be way more interested in that match than then Mariah May.
Speaker 2: Versus Julia Hart. That kind of feels like a weird fit to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think that when would Julia coming off of her foulder injury. I think that they're going to get her in a tag feud. First, Tumi Blue was still it was healthy that it would be sky Blue, But I just think the tech because hey, you maybe have Julia Hart and whoever against TJ. You know, I mean, it could be anything. It could really could, But I I Julia Hart is a former champion. She lost her belt obviously because of injury, and they had to call an audible and do it against Willow Nightingale.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But the fact of the matter is is that Julia Hart lost her title belt, but she still has her rematch because that's what aw does. They give title losers a rematch clause. So Julia Hart has it, so there you go. Although christat Lander didn't get hers go figure.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say they sometimes give they they don't always do that. It just depends on if it's the story. And I that's just like you know that that Danielson and Swerve we're going to have another match somewhere, probably as Dream since it's in their hometown.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if Danielson is going to give that title that that title up before.
Speaker 1: Then don't forget Darby's also from that town.
Speaker 5: From that Yeah, that's why I'm I'm kind of thinking that that Grand Slam is where Tarby's Darby supposed to have his title match, right, which is the end of this month, and then Wressell Dream is next month.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking that something's going to happen at Grant.
Speaker 5: I think that Max might come out and cause a no contest for Darby, which would then give you a fatal three way at the Wrestle Dream between Danielson and Swerve and Darby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that happening.
Speaker 4: That would be I think that would be an amazing freaking match.
Speaker 6: To be honest, do you guys think that Darby's ready for a world championship?
Speaker 4: I think ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean, Brian Danison himself has beat people in in triple threat matches and and one, and I think that'd be a great place to put Darby over would be in a triple threat match.
Speaker 1: Look the way I look at it is that Eddie Kingseon could hold three belts for Pentago could hold three belts, I mean, and so Darby definitely could hold belt. You know, I think everybody in the roster is capable of running with the belt.
Speaker 2: But for me, Derby, Yeah, sorry, Derby is ready to be world champion. But I would like to see a long term story, like months and months of him chasing that belt, so when he does get it, that moment is a big, big moment.
Speaker 6: I'd like to see. Yeah, a that's why go ahead?
Speaker 1: Okay, when do you guys say go ahead?
Speaker 4: That shut up, we weren't going ahead.
Speaker 5: I could actually see that triple thread hat and then have possibly Danielson can retain the belt there, but set up.
Speaker 4: A long term, year long.
Speaker 5: Battle between Swerve and Darby for that number one spot to face off in the next year's wrestle dream.
Speaker 4: For a title shot. I just I don't know. It just seems like that they could. Those two could do.
Speaker 5: A lot of good things together, I think to.
Speaker 1: The go ahead man, Okay.
Speaker 6: Here's my deal. I don't think Danielson wants a super long title reign, but whoever does it is gonna have to get the nod and be the guy. Because he said once he loses, he's done. So whoever gets it's gonna get the rub and it's gonna and in my opinion, needs to be a young guy who finally takes him out. But it has to be a good story, and I think it needs to be at one of the biggest pay per views. I don't know who I left it to be Derby because I think Darby is great, but I don't see anybody else who's really ready at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well from all tend purposes, I believe they've The rumor going around is Swerve and MJF are off TV for a while, giving them a break. I don't think.
Speaker 4: What he's either doing a movie or a TV show again. That was why they said that he was going to be having time off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't believe that m JF was one field anyway. Uh, I swear deserves some time off because he's been working as you know what off so anyway, and everybody needs a rest except for Orange Cassidy because god knows we can't have a week without two warge Cassidy.
Speaker 6: Matches great that he's in the PWI list.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, number two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, number two.
Speaker 1: That list is absolutely no dog shit.
Speaker 6: I know, I think it's cool that he was on there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I understand it's a k fabe list in the most part, but it is absolutely horseship and I'm not putting down any WWE or do Japan wrestlers on that list. I'm specifically talking about a w That list is horseshit for I mean, just look at the aw wrestlers or where they're ranked on that list. It's atrocious. It is absolute dog shit. Anyway, speaking of dog shit, we're not going to talk about the outrunners in this next part. I want to talk about who do we think is going to be they are? Who who do we think is going to be in the in the Casino Gauntlet tag team match? And who do you want to win to face the Young Bucks? Say at I don't know, Grand Slam.
Speaker 6: I don't I think the tag division is so weak right now that I don't know anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean it's weird because the BCC their tag team was Wheeler Yuda and Claudio Cascagnoli, right, that was their their big guys. So is Pack and Claudio gonna team up? Or maybe or maybe John Moxley and Pack, I don't know, I mean, what what the hell could they possibly do? Then of course you got the you know, Malachi and and Brodie King. But then you've got Buddy Matthew, who's gonna show up for the House of Black. Uh, you know, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: We'll get there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure you're gonna get orange Cassidy and maybe Mark Brisco or Kyle O'Reilly is his partner. There are so many non there are so many trios that are tag teams in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, top Flight, the guns.
Speaker 1: On the top, top Light the guns, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'd really like to see f t R of course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's just grizzled Young Vets.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, XM has been really good.
Speaker 2: They've only been on Collision and and Bring of Honor, I guess, but I think they've been really good.
Speaker 6: They're solid in my opinion. That's their next paper view, Yeah, challenges.
Speaker 1: I think that would be a I think it would be a mistake.
Speaker 2: I really to be the outrunner. I feel I feel like it's their time. I think the young Bucks will put on a good match.
Speaker 3: It'll make it seem like the outrunners will win, and then they'll crush everyone's dreams.
Speaker 6: That's uh al Alex machine guns but poison.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you said it because I was being quiet because I wanted to say the same thing and couldn't.
Speaker 4: I tried to Gilson. Did it not mean.
Speaker 1: Grizzled John Vets will not win it because they haven't been a run. There's just too many AW fans that are not familiar with them. Yeah, you know, and well.
Speaker 4: The same could be safe for x M x M two.
Speaker 5: They've been on r OH more than anything else, so unless you you.
Speaker 4: Know, so, I'm thinking I just God, don't let it be FDR again. That's the only one I don't care that wins, because I've got enough the FDR in the box.
Speaker 1: Well you don't want to brought them up Wheah.
Speaker 4: No, somebody else said them before me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did say it before, but yeah, I know, I don't want to see them win. It's just too Yeah, everyone should do different things.
Speaker 1: Crowd doog day, copy paste repeat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I also think you know, MotorCity machine Guns.
Speaker 2: I know they've been rumored to be going to WWE, but I don't think they've showed up there yet. And rumors are made to be broken, it seems, And this seems like a good opportunity to debut someone as well.
Speaker 5: So Hologram could be teamed up with somebody.
Speaker 6: They they meshed well together at an event here lately.
Speaker 4: I know when it was, but yeah, titles with Dustin So.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know who else. I mean, of course, probably probably the uh UN disputed Kingdom.
Speaker 1: Oh god, god, yeah.
Speaker 6: That just makes kelt unhappy.
Speaker 4: Geez.
Speaker 1: There's so many crap tag teams in aw really is.
Speaker 6: Yes, there are. I mean it's the upper tier and the lower tier are so far apart exactly.
Speaker 1: There's a chasm. I mean you look at like f t R. Yeah, you know, it could you're on the verge of FTR getting boring because they're feuding with the same people over and over again. But f TR the acclaimed, maybe the House of black maybe the Blackpool Combat Club. That's it. Yeah, you know, where else can you go because there's then you go down to top flight and there's a chasm there, you know, and don't forget you may have the learning tree in there with Big Bill and the worst bounty hunter in the planet, you know, with the bounty hunter. You know, that's like calling me the sex God. No we're not anyway. So yeah, well we're gonna have a lot to talk about tomorrow because I think there's gonna be a lot of fallout from all out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Last thing I want to mention one more thing. I've been an Adam Page hater for a long time, and after the end of their match that they had with yeah, the violence, but just his acting at the end of that match and all out with him like screaming and him almost going back to the ring and stuff. I just felt like that, like, Adam Page is one of the best wrestlers in the world right now, easily in my opinion, And I wouldn't have said that three months ago.
Speaker 1: He's definitely got the character down, that's for sure, because he looks pissed off all.
Speaker 2: The time, and he's so different than he was before. He used to be like a guy who kind of seemed unsure of himself, and now he's just a different person entirely.
Speaker 6: He looks like a final boss, Like he comes to the ring. You know. It reminds me when Stone Cole came in the ring, not with a big pot, but just you knew, you knew shit was about to go down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's a good point.
Speaker 2: And like, what do they do with him now? Now, this version of Adam Page, Like it's so hard for me to picture who who he feuds with and how you how you have him be his character going forward? What direction they go with? So I'm hoping we see him tomorrow night in some form, just to get an idea of what they're doing with him, because that's one of the things I'm probably most interested in now going forward.
Speaker 1: He's going to be John Moxley's partner in the tag teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be an indread like the two man Power Trip Moxley and Evil Adam Page.
Speaker 3: If he joins, there'll.
Speaker 1: Be partners and then they'll end up betraying each other and to have a h a bull rope match Cincinnati Dynasty. Yeah, yeah, Cincinnati death match in Dynasty or whatever. All right, but anyway, we are going to call tonight and we will be back tomorrow night for all EAT talk after Dynamite, and I, as I said, I think Dynamite is gonna have a lot to talk about. We're gonna have a lot to talk about tomorrow. It's gonna be an interesting show, So we'll see. Anyway. Forty a w Fan podcast team.
Speaker 3: This is Kelson, This is Alex.
Speaker 1: Good night, everybody,