Speaker 1: We are here with two times two time cy Young Award winner and finally a Dodger. It's been a long time coming. Andrew Friedman delivered in twenty twenty four, and look at it and the Dodger blue had Dodger blue jersey. Blake. Doesn't feel real that you're finally where you should be and that's in the great city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it feels good. It's just I mean, I was talking to Halio. It doesn't feel real yet. But once we get the spring and it gets going hopefully, even you know, as December starts to fade in a Christmas I feel a little more real. But you know, wearing the jersey, it's exciting, you know, looking at homes and all that, it's exciting.
Speaker 1: I think the house next to me is for sale. Would you like to invest.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make sure I live far from you, you know, far so.
Speaker 1: Mika carpool I talked to Boris about it. It's all set.
Speaker 2: No, I'll make sure far away from you, Dave. But we will get the Korean barbecue. You can bet on that.
Speaker 1: Love that, love that, and I love what you said during the press conference. How it's investing in people and people investing in you, and I know that means a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's everything. It's the only way for me to be as good as I want to be is to have relationships that are really strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it feels like people are starting to get to know who you really are, right. I feel like I've told you this before. Your baseball, like you is higher than a lot of people understand. Being able to come to the Dodgers and take it to the next level. How much was that attractive to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just it's all about creating moments for the fans, and you know, coming here with sold out games all the time, watching the fans, it's something you want to do. You want to just you want to create moments. You want to be able to share that with as many people as possible, especially because baseball is all about entertainment, so and being around fans that are fanatic, you know, they go crazy for the game and it's a passion of mine. So for me to be able to put all that together, to come here to pitch on the biggest stage, it's something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. And people really start to get to know me, you know, playing here.
Speaker 1: One thing that the players on this team respect is the wor work ethic, and you have that. I know, Clayton Krushaw means a lot to you. What's it like to finally be teammates with him and pick his brain and just be in the dugout together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a dream come true. Yeah, no, I can't wait. I mean I was telling Andrew, I need my locker next to his. So, you know, he's just done so many, you know, amazing things in his career. So for me everybody to talk to him, pick his brain, learn from all his experience. I'm really excited that just a player I can continue to grow and develop to be is is so exciting. And to learn from a guy like that is I mean, you can't ask for more.
Speaker 1: I know, you became a proud father this year. The Dodgers won the World Series this year. Your birthdays tomorrow. It feels like twenty twenty four was a pretty good year for Blake Snell and a no hitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, tomorrow is a good day to start getting ready for the next season as a Dodger. You know, finally official. So I've been working out, you know, free Asia, but now I'm a Dagar might be a little different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the birthday parties tomorrow.
Speaker 2: No, no, I.
Speaker 1: Was checking, like I didn't get the evite. I'm not sure if it was.
Speaker 2: Seck your email. I never used one, so check yours, Blake.
Speaker 1: This is awesome you being in Los Angeles being a Dodger. It's always been the perfect fit and I'm glad it finally happened. So look forward to it. I'm sticking around for one more year, maybe five with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got five left, and then we'll see where we go after that. Hopefully we get a couple more.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: You know, we got a long ways to go, so let's focus on these five year by year, all right?
Speaker 1: Love it. Austin Barnes is gonna be so jealousy, he means, Snell, I'll end that clubhouse together. We'll send it back to you.