Speaker 1: It's the Minnesota Goodbye, and it's a special random edition that we weren't anticipating for today because it's Jenny baileying vantage Hi, everybody. We are just having some weird technical issues with Dave and Colorado today and so yeah, we're going to do it ourselves without him. We'll jump right into this email and says, please don't say my name, so I will not Hello morning Shoe Crewe. Before I dive in, I want to say that I love you all and I am a regular listener of many katieweb podcasts, including The Dave Ryan Show, Minnesota Goodbye, and I'm Still Fun. Love Jenny and Fallen together. Thank you for what you do. I recently heard you discussing how a listener wrote in reporting that Drake wanted back to school raffle at a restaurant, and the restaurants stated on their Facebook post that his name was Dave. This caused natural speculation as to why it appeared that Drake would say his name is Dave and why he would sign up for a back to school Raffle if he is not a student in today's episode. So she sent this yesterday of the Minnesota Goodbye a listener wrote in again about the Drake situation and was looking for an update. Curiosity, I decided to search the restaurant's Facebook page myself, and I found a couple posts that I think explain everything, and I have attached screenshots.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, the second prize winner's name was Dave, which you can see listed right above the grand prize winner's name, Drake Webb in one of the of the posts photo attached. Okay, I'm trying to look as she sent two, so I'm trying to figure out which one she's talking about.
Speaker 3: Keep in this email, and I'm scared this person's going to find some receipts.
Speaker 1: On me right.
Speaker 3: Search is crazy.
Speaker 1: I love it. It says so in the post featuring Drake with the check, the restaurant must have simply mixed up the grand prize winner Drake with the second place winner's name, Dave, onto the idea that Drake perhaps should not have qualified for the prize because it was a quote back to school Raffle and he is not a student. I found another post photo attached, stating that in order to participate and receive a Raffle ticket, you need to spend thirty dollars or more. It doesn't state that you have to be a student at any rate. Hopefully this makes sense and clears up lingering questions listeners may have had about this situation. Have an amazing day, Okay, so they are correct. It lists the prizes I'm looking at. First prize was a backpack, and second prize was a backpack, and the second prize name says Dave insert last name, and then the grand prize does say Drake web on this post for one thousand dollars. So I guess technically if it says nothing about going back to school, then he could qualify if you just have to spend thirty bucks. And I know, Drake, this is a Mexican restaurant. That man frequents Mexican restaurants all the time. So there's a good chance that he was entered into this giveaway multiple times. And so it wouldn't shock me that, like, if there's no requirement for him to be back to school, of course he's going to enter a back to school giveaway.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just a back to school, yes, school time, not necessarily you're not going to school.
Speaker 1: So shout out to this person for your amazing detective work. You probably are the friends in the friend group who finds out information within two seconds, the.
Speaker 3: Person that tells your friend, yeah he's cheating.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Andrew, I don't even know. We were talking about someone yesterday and he was like, oh, I'll find that person in two seconds or give me two minutes. And I was like okay. And he was able to find this person that we didn't have barely any information besides their first name. And I'm like, I'm pretty good at that too. Let's you and I probably could be good at it. It's just like, if it requires too much work, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's like detective Gadget.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, exactly, that was Andrew, not me.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Andrew's just got time.
Speaker 1: We were out on a walk, to be fair, he was just on his phone and we were chit chatting and you know, gossiping and whatever. All right, Moving on to the next email, says I'm watching highlights from some of the Paralympics games in Paris. I am blown away at some of the competition. I honestly don't know why we aren't watching this more than the basic Olympics I just saw a man from Brazil win gold in the backstroke swimming, but he has no arms, and backstroke swimming he won the gold. I just saw a sport called wheelchair rugby aunt a team. I think they must have done voice attext because there's a lot of rammatical errors. A team taking bronze and archery with no arms. I did see the archery one. The guy that got gold that didn't have any arms. That was insane. I just saw a clip of it on social media. Feet No, he somehow had like something attached to the back of his head and I think he used his teeth who and he was able to hit it right on the bull's eye. It was insane. And then they go on to say being able to compete and win at these types of levels with some pretty intense disabilities is mind blowing. I have a special needs daughter, and looking at things like this makes me think she has is it easy, but can also do anything she puts her mind to. If you haven't looked at the Paralympics, you should definitely check it out. These amazing athletes are going to blow your mind.
Speaker 2: PS.
Speaker 1: If you want a fun drinking game, listen to the Dave Ryan Show podcast and take a drink every time. Dave says I'll be honest, Bailey says sure, vom makes that that's noise, and Jenny talks about working.
Speaker 3: Out they would get drunk off of Bailey.
Speaker 2: I do say, sure alive, but you would.
Speaker 3: Get drunk off of them way more than you do me. I don't think I've done it. I think just now was the first time I've done it all week. No, it's only Wednesday.
Speaker 1: And then they finished it up by saying, by the way, I love the show and everyone on and so I'm not making fun of anyone. I'm so happy Bailey and v brought were brought onto the show and that we got a period of time to get to know them before they became official members. If there are ever changes in the future that are predictable, having that sort of a setup is amazing. Getting to know personalities before you commit to them is really nice. This new group, I feel, has been welcomed with open arms, and I'm very excited to see how the show grows.
Speaker 3: Love you all, but it is kind of cool. I didn't think about the fact that you and I got like get to know us period, like all your like sub shows, and then that period where I wasn't officially on the show, where we weren't addressing whether I was. Yeah, I also think the funny plotswis would have been just I spent two months, you learned everything about me, and then I was just like.
Speaker 2: No, bye, Nope, back to net.
Speaker 3: Bring bringing in what's the monkey's name, Bongo bongo? Yeah with the symbols, Yeah, bring him instead.
Speaker 1: You know. And I don't think Dave's ever done that before where he's like slowly, I mean to be fair, like with Fallon, she auditioned and everything, but she came in I think maybe twice, so it's not like like barely. How many days do you think you.
Speaker 2: Put in twenty four? I get twenty one, maybe two.
Speaker 1: Good chunk of time to be on the show before like officially being on the show. Oh guys at the Sunrise.
Speaker 2: Granted, I did not think, sorry, I didn't think that I would necessarily get hired. I didn't want to be like, yeah, I've subbed twenty two times, so I definitely am going to get this job. I just assumed like, well, this was a fun period of my life that I can look back on and smile.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean, it just happened that way, really, kay, to be honest, I also, in those two months that I was doing the morning show, the night show, the overnight show, the afternoon show, everything, the janitor, I also was not one hundred percent sure I was going to be on Idea. Yeah, so me and you it kind of just worked out that way.
Speaker 1: And I just didn't even know if I was going to have a job because the way that this show exchanged in a few years. I just kidding. Okay, there are a lot more emails kind of clarifying what happened with the contest that Drake won. So I just want to shout out there's other people who have done their detective work that's come in. I'm not going to read every single one. I think we've already covered it and kind of got down to what happened.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for your work.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yeah, thank you for your detective work.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: This next one says, Hey, Gang, I wanted to touch on Bailey's experience working with miners at the Renaissance Fairy. I was a fast casual restaurant GM for almost seven years, so about two thirds of the night slash weekend staff as teenagers or young college kids. Holy fuck, do I empathize with Bailey's experience. I worked with some kids who also didn't know that you just simply have to say hi to someone when they walk up. Kids who didn't know how to sweep, mop, vacuum, wipe crumbs off a table, didn't know how to call and stick to work. Sometimes didn't even know that they had to let the restaurant know that they weren't coming. In the amount of times we had to throw a dish out and start from scratch because undercooked chicken was placed on top would surprise you. Ooh, oh God. I understand not knowing how to be great and efficient as a teenager right away, but wow, some of this stuff is common sense that you would hope they learned at home when they are already sixteen, seventeen, eighteen years old. If you're a decent restaurant manager, you are not just running the restaurant, you're literally teaching the miners how to become functioning a dog. Yes, it can be truly exhausting. Dear God, did it help me have more respect for parents and teachers experiencing part of what they do for four to six hours at a time. Good birth control. I'll tell you that, oh Darton and Lickan And that comes from Shane.
Speaker 2: Shane, thank you so much. Yeah, that is that is It's so wild to me. And like, so yesterday I was I went right after the show to the activity fair at Mountcie High School. Was it Well, it was good, but same kind of deal. I was so glad that I was there because we have four captains on the speech team, and three of them were there, and two of them could not have been more nonchalant. Yeah, And and they're like the two that were the nonchalant ones are like the most driven. They're like the president of all of these different clubs, captains of so many different things. And one was sitting and the other one just kept chatting to her friends. No one would smile. And there were all of these ninth graders and I'd be like, you guys need to track their eyes. So if they walk up look at the board that says speech and Debate, you need to say hello, are you interested in learning more about the Speech and Debate team? Come on over. I'd like to tell you about it. But they would be like, oh, hey, so what do you want to learn more about speech or debate, and I'd be like, well, smile, say something. You need to say something, and they're like, I'm tired.
Speaker 3: These are ninth graders.
Speaker 2: Well no, like these are my captains, so they're eleventh and twelfth graders, but like talking to ninth graders, and one of them, thank god, he was like on it. But then he also had like a dopey buddy that kept coming around and being like, I'm going to talk to you, and then they would have their backs facing out towards the ninth graders, like you guys, got to turn around. What are you doing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is with high schoolers now, Like my sisters and she just started ninth grade yesterday, Yeah, and I was I texted her or I called you yesterday. I was like, how was your day at school? It was all right. I guess like they just don't care about anything. When my sister came here, Dave was like, oh yeah, just like just got this. I do almost care about anything. I'm just vibingne And the other thing with high schoolers now, I don't care how hot it is. They wear hoodies in all the time everywhere. Yeah, and I don't get it. It's like dark clothing, hoodies on zim dub sweatsuits. I'm like, bro, like you don't care about life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean in general though, like for the Renaissance Festival and for the Activity Fair, and just like with teenagers in general, because I do know a lot of teenagers. I'm glad that I'm there to be the person that says, hey, remember you have to say hello to the people when they walk up. Hey, Remember we're smiling, We're excited to be here, and that because apparently no one else is telling them that, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, well, Bailey, thank god they have you.
Speaker 2: Thank god, honest Shane for texting and every emailing and you really got me riled.
Speaker 1: Up, I guess. So the other emails I think I'm gonna end up saving because they are kind of specific questions for Dave, so I want him to be here obviously to answer some of these. But Dave will hopefully be back on the podcast tomorrow again, so it should be back to normal. But then Friday, Friday, he is off, so it'll be Bailey, myself and Vaunt once again. So if you want to send us any emails specifically for when the three of us do the podcast again on Friday. Feel free to send that into Ryanshow at KDWB dot com. I'm going to keep it a little bit short today because behind the scenes, I'll be real honest, it's a little bit of a clusterfuck. So we're kind of scattering right now to figure a lot of things out, and we kind of have to fill in for where Dave would have been a huge part, which is most of the show considering he's the host. So thank you so much for listening, and once again, send your emails into Ryanshow at kadiwb dot com.