Speaker 1: Uh sid and friends in the morning entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Networks.
Speaker 2: And now why don't we bring in one of our great hosts from the Hispanic community, Fernando Mattel, and talk about the Hispanic community and the whole country and New York and what the heck is going on, what's good and how are they feeling and give us the pouts of the situation.
Speaker 3: Fernando, come on in.
Speaker 4: Good morning, John, Good morning Jake. It's a pleasure and an honor to be with you guys. And I just want to stop by telling you the following. Hispanics leads and left their countries, not because they wanted to, not because we don't miss being back home, but because there were no opportunities or very few opportunities to succeed. The limitations, the socialism programs, the high taxes, the government controlling everything is what is why people left their countries. They come to America and flocks seeking opportunity seeking, you know, freedom seeking the American dream that they hear about, because all they do is hear about the American dream. And those that left come back wealthy. Those that left the country come back to their country and build businesses and build houses and create what they were never able to create in the Dominican Republic, or in El Salvadoran and Honduras and in Columbia and in all these countries. You know, Hispanics are like a special breed of people. They're hungry, they want to earn, they want to become someone, and they want to go back home and show them what America did for them. They didn't come here for handouts, they didn't come here to be poor. They didn't come here for socialism. They came for capitalism. You know. They understand that nothing is for free, you know.
Speaker 5: But it's like the.
Speaker 4: Same old game, the same old Ponzie scheme. Bonzie schemes pop up every day of the year all over the world in different places. Why because people have a dream being able to become rich overnight. You know, they put their money into a esteem that pays them initially, and then when the money runs out, they cut it and they leave you hanging, you know, pitting up supermarkets where people are going to be getting certain items, because it's only certain items. I think it's a total of one hundred items that the mayor wants for people that don't earn over a certain amount of money to be able to buy cheaper. So what do you do. You create a socialist program. You create something that we ran away from. You create something that's going to harm us, that's gonna make us look and feel like beggars. We don't want that. When you can actually sit down with business people who create those same that same program, but multiplied by a thousand by two thousand, so that it really becomes effective.
Speaker 5: This is this isn't about you. It's about people.
Speaker 4: Mayor Montdamie, It's not about you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the people.
Speaker 6: So, mister Mitteo, it's a dominant card of good morning on this Memorial Day.
Speaker 3: So you know I've been thinking about that. So let's focus on this.
Speaker 6: Never mind the fact that this didn't work with these supermarkets I believe in Kansas City, but let's focus on East Harlem. It's almost offensive in La Marquetta to open these stores when you already have establishing stores Bodega's supermarkets. What's gonna happen to those stores around the area while this one is opening.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you, it's more about the insult, insulting the people of La Marchetta of Elvarrio. It's more about telling them how blatant the law is. Because the mayor isn't speaking about the people of La Marteta. He's telling everyone in Manhattan. Hey, Manhattan, we're opening up a supermarket for you to come and buy items cheaper. There are over two or three million people in Manhattan. How the hell is one supermarket gonna make a difference. But aside from that, look at the supermarkets in the area. There are a few. These people have put their blood, sweat and tears into building their supermarkets. Now the government is gonna build a thirty million dollar supermarket when you can actually build about fifteen or twenty supermarkets with that amount of money. Wow, he's and he's gonna place them in a place where there are other businesses. Guys, listen, it only makes stense to take one hundred million dollars a year that the mayor is claiming he's going to tax the rich in order to make that money. Okay, he's gonna take it from other programs, Okay. And he's gonna take one hundred million dollars a year, and he's gonna put him into five stores to serve.
Speaker 5: Eight million people.
Speaker 4: How big could New Yorkers be How dumbed does he think we are? You know, we are not dumb people. We may be poor, we may need affordable items, but we're not dumb. Okay, take that one hundred million dollars. Go to five hundred supermarkets in New York City and tell them we're gonna give you one hundred thousand dollars at a time so that you can create affordable items that we will monitor and put them in your stores and make sure people can buy them at a discount. Now, you're allowing eight million people to do that, not two thousand, not a thousand people. Because people are shopping supermarkets usually walk within the within this the square block. Okay, how many people are you really gonna affect? You're gonna affect you know, a drop. It's gonna be like taking five drops when you have a thunderstorm, right and putting them in a bucket and saying, hey, I have water forever body. Now you don't have water for everybody. You have fat drops in the bucket, and that's not gonna help anybody. Dominic. You know, it's an insult not only to the business community and to these men and women that have built their business and beat the city live.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. We we've done that today. You half your time. You live down in Florida. Give us a report from Uh there's a Hispanic population in Florida.
Speaker 3: Uh where? Where?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 3: Tell us that the pulse of the situation.
Speaker 4: Everybody loves Florida.
Speaker 5: People that live in Florida.
Speaker 4: Immigrants that go to Florida will never come up to New York. If they've never been here, they don't want to come up to New York. And immigrants from New York that have led to Florida, like myself, dread wanting to come back to New York. Okay, this is.
Speaker 5: A city that I love, It's a city.
Speaker 4: That I grew up in. But guess what, Florida is so much better. You know, there's very little crime.
Speaker 6: So wait a minute, wait, wait, wait, Fernando Mateale dreads coming back to New York. I thought you, mister New York.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, listen. I was missed New York until I saw I saw all these radical changes.
Speaker 5: I see that I can.
Speaker 4: Say probably a million dollars a year by living outside of New York City. So why live here when all everything that's happening in New York City right now, it's about hurting me. It's not about helping me. It's about hurting me. It's about hurting my business. It's about hurting the entrepreneurs that come here to build something. You got to Florida, man, and it's paradise. It's like living in the Caribbean Island, living like in Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, a southern sunshine country with all of the no very little downs, you know, the cost of make money.
Speaker 6: You got the downs, and you got the alligators. And an alligator bit the worker at the Central Park Zoo Sunday, I mean at the Bronx Zoo Sunday.
Speaker 3: So you got alligators. That's one down, my friend.
Speaker 4: My friend, listen, you're more liable to get You'll be robbed twenty times in Central Park before you see an alligator in Florida. Okay, at least there are signs warning you don't walk in here because there's they're alligators. You walk into Central Park. They don't say be careful, you may not come out right, you know. So listen, Florida Salazard doing down there. He's amazing. She's no, she is not. Okay, John, Okay, is when you're struggling. She's doing amazing, She's doing very well. Why because she supports capitalism. And when you support capitalism, you support the hard working immigrants that come here to work. Okay, you know you've got to Florida. You have just about every community like you do in New York. You know, you have the Jews, you have the Italians, you have the Haitians, you have the Dominicans, you have the Puerto Ricans, you have the Cubans, you have you name it.
Speaker 3: And give us.
Speaker 2: I'll text them letter. See if he wants to come on this morning. The guy that's running as UH for governor in UH in Florida, you have.
Speaker 7: A Byron Byron Donald.
Speaker 3: Byron Daniel Done Donald. Yeah, I think it's Byron Donald.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He's a he's a black man that sees opportunity not only for the state, but he sees opportunity for the people that have moved.
Speaker 2: And was he endorsed when he was he endorsed to UH by UH by President Trump.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he's been endorsed by President Trump or not, but he's endorsed by the people. The people like him, the people love him.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, Jake in the news department.
Speaker 4: Just Jake knows everything, guys. That's why I have him on my show all the time. You know, he fills in the blanks, which is great.
Speaker 5: Jake.
Speaker 4: One day you and I will have our own show on w ABC. Don't worry about it. I'm working on about that.
Speaker 7: That's the entrepreneur in you. You know, Fernando. Ten years ago, I think it was, I was at Fox and CNBC and they laughed at me when I said, listen, the Latino vote is not going to be like some of the other groups. They're not going to fall all one way or the other. That's not going to be big Democrat or big reput They're going to be a much more of a swing vote, which, by the way, in America, you want to be the swing vote.
Speaker 3: That's the good thing. That's a good place to be.
Speaker 7: And when they laughed at me about it, I said, no, you can't laugh at me about this because, as you just described, Latinos in this country are very entrepreneurial. Small business is what they're all about, and small business people predominantly vote republic. So, you know, I just think that people are getting getting the wrong idea here.
Speaker 4: Well, Jake, let me tell you, we are the swing vote, but we are the most disrespected community in politics. Okay, because we give it up too quickly.
Speaker 3: I want you to finish that. Are you sure about that?
Speaker 6: Are you sure it's not the Black community that is the most disrespected community by the Democrat?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, not at all. Listen, Dora Mandami Doramandami are mayor, which by the way, I have nothing against him, and I think I'll like him if I ever meet him. You know, Zmandami has not gone to the Dominican community. He has not gone to the Latino community. He only shows up there when he's gonna offer them something for free. Because he thinks he sees us as the people that have come here to look for freebies. He goes to the Bronze all Hispanics to open the supermarket. He goes to as Babrio. Okay, all Hispanics to open a supermarket. You know, why is he targeting us? Why is he targeting the Hispanic community because he thinks we're beggars. What not beggars? We are people that have that respect ourselves. Of course we want affordable items, but hey work with the businesses that have been there to help us get there. So the hispan the blacks have a huge leg over the Hispanic community. I'm sorry to tell you that, Dominic, Well, in.
Speaker 3: What way, Please tell me in what way?
Speaker 4: Way?
Speaker 5: In what way?
Speaker 4: They understand politics in the United States a lot better. They are starting to understand that the Democratic Party has only hurt them. Okay, they are they They see English fluently. They understand the system. Not better than Hispanic immigrants that have just gotten here. Okay, Hispanic immigrants are surrounded by angriage people, assembly people, senators, council members that are all Democrats. So all they hear is Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrats. Black people, on the other hand, have smartened up. They realized that Democrats have kept them in poverty these years.
Speaker 3: You gotta point them in trees, you gotta point there.
Speaker 4: No. No, I know my history and I know my situation here because I come from the from the hoods. I grew up with blacks and Puerto Ricans in the sixties.
Speaker 3: I grew streets Fernando.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'll say something Fromanda, and I'll say this with Dominic sitting right in front of me, and he can push back. I think that this elimination of race as a criteria to make districts for Congress is the most potentially economic liberating thing for Blacks in America who have been living in a feudal system. I know, I'm not going to make plantation slavery comparisons. It's much more comparable to feudalism. But ninety percent of Black people live in these gerrymandered racial districts where they're economic vitality has been sapped from them, mostly by Democrats. This liberation is I think tantamount to the either the sixty four Civil Rights Act and maybe, and God strike me down, I'm wrong, even the Emancipation Proclamation because they have been living in a feudal system led by leaders who don't care about their economic prosperity.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I'd go that far, but what is there to push back on these districts and race? And I think that's the message, because Fernando Matteo just schooled me, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: I never looked at the fact.
Speaker 6: I never saw it until I just listened to Fernando Matteo about how patronizing it is to put that supermarket, that market in La Maquetta in East Hallam and up until you make that comment, Fernando, Mateo, I didn't even look at it that way.
Speaker 4: You know what, he's ignored the Hispanic community. He knows that he's done nothing for the Hispanic community, probably will never but he wants the Hispanic community to hold him. He wants to fin of the Histanic community to believe that he is giving them something for nothing. And that's what this is me all.
Speaker 5: That's why I get.
Speaker 4: So energized and so upset because I don't want my people, my community, my Latinos that have come here to become someone to fall into this freaking you know, free for Nando, We're gonna get you for free, for free, for free.
Speaker 2: We got to take a break, but Fernando, thank you for everything you do, and thank you for being a host on WABC and getting the truth out.
Speaker 3: And we'll talk to you again real soon. Host have no excuses here on w.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Roger Stone, I'm gonna call in at eight thirty five today and stay tuned and let's take that break.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Sit In Friends in the Morning. You can hear sit in Friends in the Morning weekday mornings. It's six If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 3: What the heck is going on here