Speaker 1: Five o five a fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, it was a vacation.
Speaker 3: It is got a woo hoo for Friday, and h Here I am Brian Thomas, wishing everybody very happy Friday. I hope you got some great plans for the weekend, and I hope you can stick around all morning. You're at the fifty five Charrosee Morning Show. Good to see Joe Strucker, as I always say, where he belongs, Executive producer Joe Strucker, without whom the show would not go.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Tech Friday with Dave Hatter every Friday at six point thirty. I always enjoy the segment. I hope you do as well. And important information we learn from Dave every week. Passenger in a lift talking with friends and then got a bizarre tech.
Speaker 1: We'll learn together with Dave what that one's all about?
Speaker 3: Wall Street General revealing how to delete yourself from the Internet.
Speaker 1: Can you really do that?
Speaker 3: I'm sure Dave will explain how to what extent you can get yourself out of there completely. I find it hard to believe you can actually erase everything, considering this whole concept of the cloud generically speaking, you know, sort of once it's out there. The bell of posting something on Internet or having something out there in the world cannot be unwrong. I mean, think about it. Someone could copy and cut and paste your information right now and they're in personal hard drive, and then you go to delete yourself from the Internet, that information still out there on someone's personal hard drive, which could then be reposted to the Internet.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is why we have Dave to explain all the whys and wherefores on that. And finally, Chinese robot goes berserk in a factory. I saw video of that. That was crazy. I think like terminator run amuck. At seven and five Brigham Account in studio the latest on energy policies, speaking of which Duke Energy says we're facing a rate hike. Great, get to that in the moment. Anna Marie Barnett, executive director of the Alzheimer's Association of Greater Cincinnati Alzheimer's in Ohio Facts and Figures that we're going to go over with Anna Marie Barnett. Of course a topic near and dear to my heart, given my father's issues with Alzheimer's, which of course led to his passing eight o five Fast forward Bill Potts with the book up for the Fight, Fight to Advocate for yourself as you battle cancer.
Speaker 5: AH.
Speaker 1: Another topic near and dear to my heart. Maybe not so dear.
Speaker 3: Gary Walton who joins the program at eight forty Cincinnati Type in Print Museum. You know there's a whole lot of job opportunities in typing and printing. I was not aware of that, and it can be rather lucrative. My mom did a visit to the Type in Print Museum and a tour and everything. Apparently this is the greater CINCINNTI area is big for the printing industry. So Gary, give us all the information, batt and to tell us about something you might not have even known existed, the Type in Print Museum, which I didn't know existed until my mom told me about it.
Speaker 1: There you are five.
Speaker 3: One three seven nine fifty five hundred, Joe, if you want to open the phone lines up in case anybody wants to call in. They might want to steer the direction of the conversation, and I always welcome that. Five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk Go with Tom five fifty. If you have an at and T phone and remember fifty five cars dot com whenever you can't listen live. Rather interesting conversation with doctor James Thorp, who we've had on the program before, talking about the evil COVID nineteen vaccine and the way he boils it down. The pharmaceutical manufacturers knew full well that it was going to cause death of fetuses, and it did. He documented that well back and actually ended up getting thrown out of the medical practice because he spoke truth to power about COVID nineteen. Of course, everything he says has been well documented and actually is true, but nefarious, yes, I asked if this was sort of maybe just something that was revealed because they didn't do sufficient testing of the vaccine before it got rolled out under an emergency use authorization, which were shield the shield of the pharmaceutical industry from liability for damages caused by the vaccine made him billions of dollars, And of course one component of his ire over this is that it was all about money, But then he also did boil it down. He said it's about population control as well. But then I thought he went off the rails a little bit, and I ask what was behind this? And he said, Satan, Judge, you find that rather unusual turn of events there when he went went off that road. They're down that road, definitely different than last time he's been on the program before. But he blamed Satan. I'm not someone who's inclined to blame Satan people doing nefarious things. People have different stupid philosophies, like the Malthusians. I know there are people out there who want to limit the globe's population, but I think they came up with that on their own. That's just my personal opinion. But we've all got personal opinions when it comes to things like well, theology, doctrine, and dogma. Oh look, new Pope, Pope Leo the fourteenth, let us see, and in terms of his background, everybody's trying to get a handle on was this going to be more conservative pope? Is it's going to be a liberal pope like the prior pope, Pope Francis, who did an issue formal permission for Catholic priests to bless the same sex couples, and that kind of rocked quite a few people in the church, you know. And from my perspective, I'm a live and live guy. I don't have any problem with gay marriage. Honestly, I know the institution of marriage is stabilizing and provides benefits for both people and the partners and in a loving relationship.
Speaker 1: You know, if you want to have the state stamp its issue of.
Speaker 3: Sort of acknowledgment because you know, honestly, my perception of marriage is you know, we didn't have a priest or a rabbi, or a minister or vicar in front of our rights when we stood in the hotel lobby of the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Naples, Florida and got married by a judge. If you believe in God, then you're making a pledged before God that you're going to have this permanence with your spouse. To pledge the God. I mean, you can pledge the state, or the state can give it stamp of approval all day long, but you know that there's no issues or in the state doesn't care if you get divorced either. The commitment is between you, your spouse and God.
Speaker 1: Right, So.
Speaker 3: I think that gay people can make that same commitment and stand there in a room and pledge a pledge eternal bliss and loving each other until death.
Speaker 1: Do us part before God.
Speaker 3: So everybody's got their own ideas on this, and of course the new Pope has his ideas on this. And in a twenty twelve addressed to the vicious, then Cardinal Robert Privos, who's now Pope Leo the fourteenth, accused of media fostering sympathy for benefits and practices that are odds with the Gospel. Cited the homosexual lifestyle and alternative families comprised of same sex partners and their adopted children. So he's obviously got his thoughts on that, which conflict with at least Pope Francis's acknowledgment and allowance of Catholic priests who bless the couples, although provided it's not a right of marriage, so the right of marriage was not approved by Pope Francis, but they seem to be. I mean, Leo seems to be a little bit more conservative on that one. He shot down a government initiative to promote gender ideology in schools while he was bishop of Chickalio in northwestern Peru, so he does not like the promotion of gender ideology. He said, specifically, the promotion of gender ideology is confusing and I love this because it seeks to create genders that don't exist. Props for Pope Leo on that statement. On abortion, He's totally against abortion. He shared previously a photograph from a March for Life event in Chicklio City.
Speaker 1: He used to live in.
Speaker 3: Let's defend human life at all times exclamation point quote from the now. Popolio also does not like euthanasia. Previously said something about that, So a couple of indications. He was actually registered as a Republican when he was living in Chicago, which I thought was interesting. Maybe on the maybe it was because of the issue of abortion.
Speaker 4: Don't know.
Speaker 3: Can't climb into the head of Popolo, but registered as a Republican, although has shared quite a few from what I read this morning, tweets online or social media posts online being critical of Donald Trump, most notably in the area of illegal immigration. I think he believes in open borders or something along those lines. You know, compassion shared, compassion for humanity, blah blah blah blah blah. That seems to me that you know, everybody's bleeding all over themselves and the idea of compassion and it doesn't have any understanding of fiscal realities. When it comes to that, and of course we are struggling here fiscally. Check a look at our deficit. Will the Republicans endeavor to hash out this budget reconciliation bill and fighting amongst themselves? Of course, got details of where that stands right now. And you know, the Republican Party can sometimes be its own worst enemies. So different factions than the Republican Party fighting over their own turf, like the salt Like the salt standard deduction levels. The Blue State Republicans, for example, are are fighting to get that raised because the taxes are so damn high in the Blue states. Hey, fix your own tax situation. Don't make it so difficult for the residents of your state like New Jersey and New York and others with outrageously high tax rates which under the old tax structure used to be able to deduct, and when SALT came in and capped it at ten thousand dollars, that really cause a lot of financial pain for people in Blue state. So the Republicans are back at the table trying to argue to raise those just one of some of the wrinkles that's going on right now in terms of budget reconciliation, also arguing them over the amount of cuts over the next ten years. I mean, is two trillion really sufficient? I would argue now, it's two point three percent of overall expenditures over ten years, two trillion dollars in cuts. You can't manage more than that over ten years. That just irks the hell out of me anyhow. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk found Fay fifty on AT and T phones and a good word for Emvery Federal Credit Union. It's always good for Emory Federal Credit Union because it's a better way to bank.
Speaker 1: I appreciate what they do.
Speaker 3: The customer service is great, the rates are great, better than the big banks. You're going to be treated like a human being and not a number. And they do things like the annual shred event just a little extra service to the community because anyone is welcome to show up on Saturday, June seventh, between nine am and one pm with all of your own unnecessary personal and confidential documents. They will shred them completely. Treading protects your personal information. Also give you a peace of mind knowing your documents have been safely destroyed, and they will do that any one of the three blarants locations you you bring your documents to again in June seventh between ninety a m And one pm. Market on your calendar right now, just tick it on your phones calendar Blue Ash, Liberty Township, Western Hills. For the addresses of those and to learn more about the benefits of banking with Emery, head on over to the website Emory FCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org federally insured by.
Speaker 6: Nc U A fifty five KRC Join the Red.
Speaker 3: I like hearing that so much better than I'm Joe Biden, and I approved this message that way. I don't get texts saying f J Biden. They've kept that all the time. It is five twenty and calls are welcome. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight to two three talk pound fact fifty on a T T fund A. Speaking of Popolio's stance on gender promotion of gender idea ideology is confusing because it seeks to create genders that don't exist. Former Cardinal Robert provost Or Frivos now Popolio the fourteenth, So I agree with him on that and along those lines, the Defense Secretary Pete Heggsath announced yesterday that active duty transgender troops now have thirty days to voluntarily separate from the military before they are forced out. This couple of days after the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Trump administration restoring Trump's January twenty seventh executive over directing the Pentagon to discharge service members who identify as transgender. According to Hegzeth, in accordance with the policy, now reinstated service members who have a current diagnosis or history of, or exhibit symptoms consistent with gendertors for you may elect to separate voluntarily, and if they don't, they'll be moved over removed as involuntary is if necessary. So two phases here. Ultimately they're going to be kicked out. This has been litigated and resolved. Actually it was litigated previously under the first Trumpe administration. Is too one thousand, approximately one thousand service members that reported self identify as being diagnosed with genadisphoria according to Pentagon's numbers. That's among roughly one point three million active duty troops. Apparently, those troops now have thirty days to lead, or those individuals have thirty days leave the military voluntarily if on active duty, sixty days if they're in reserve components. They said, the Defense Department will proceed with processing for involuntary separations after those periods. I said, this is the president's agenda, this is what the American people voted for, and we're going to continue to reliously pursue it. Again, this had been previously litigated. It was a similar transgender ban that was implemented in the first Trump administration that the Supreme Court upheld in twenty nineteen. Then Biden comes in and scribes that policy allowing the transgenders to come back into the military and actually get elevated to some pretty lofty positions. I'm sure you can remember some of the photographs floating around on the Internet of admirals. For example, seven transgender military service members and one who aspired to be a service member sued this Trump administration. After the ban was implemented again by Donald Trump, you'd say, well, wait a second, hasn't this been resolved by prior Supreme Court precedent? In other words, your lawsuit has no merit. You have filed something that you know the Supreme Court has already ruled on and yet here you are fighting against it, and it's been adjudicated and litigated well. As for this when they claim it was different. Attorneys for these planets claim that the ban violet of the Fourteenth Amendment's equal protection clause and claimed the earlier ban lacked the nimous leyden language of Trump's January twenty seventh band, which was again upheld by the Supreme Court the other day, so wording same concept and principles. So it doesn't shock me the Supreme Court came down the way it did on this time consistent with its prior decision, although there were three dissenting justices, and I'm sure you can figure out easily which ones of those are.
Speaker 1: What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Public Utilities Commission to Ohio advising Duke Energy customers. I'm one of them, take a look at your utility pills because they're anticipating a rate increase, which is set for June first, twenty twenty five. I know, Joe, new standard service offer rate will be implemented for Duke Energy Ohio customers who are not part of any government aggregation program or enrolled with a competitive supplier. You may have been enrolled in one of those over your own objections. You may already be enrolled in one because your municipality decided they were going to join up with an aggregation program. Now you've got to opt out of it if you want out of it. We had a call or talk about that. Seemed a bit outraged over the idea. It was so difficult to opt out of something that he never agreed to jump into in the first and I am sympathetic with that.
Speaker 1: That outrage.
Speaker 3: So apparently, residential rage will increase by nearly two point five cents per kill a WAT hour taking the killer water kill a what hour up to ten point one zero four five PUKO chair at Jennifer French. It's important for customers to be aware of pricing changes impacting their electricity bill this summer. The puko's available to assist ohiolands to understand their electric bill and what options they have to manage their bills year round. Let them know what exactly they can do. I mean, there's a whole lot of wine items on a utility bill and them explaining to you what each line items all about. Fine, you'll have a greater understanding for why there are all the line items there, but in the final analysis they can't. They're not going to lower the bill. Oh we'll change that. It says two hundred dollars, we'll make it one hundred and fifty. What options they have to manage their bills year. I'm sure it's going to be something like, we'll turn the thermostat down in the winter and turn it up in the summer so you don't use as much energy you're and you do many You do have an option to select your own energy supplier. Residential customers, they say, can utilize the price to compare, listen on their monthly utility, be able to evaluate electricity rates from competitive suppliers, and determinive switching suppliers can result in savings. That price to Compare apparently indicates what a customer will pay to their local utility if they do not switch energy suppliers. So there you go. It's always going up. It's always going up. It's always going up. Thank you Joe for putting the exclamation point on that one.
Speaker 1: And strong recommendation.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for mortgage related issues and you want to know who's the best in the business, who's that Low's Camp Cross Country Mortgage. Want to buy a house Shu's that Low's Camp. Want a refinancial current mortga Suzette Low's Camp, Uh, cash out or consolidate your bills. You can do that. Doctor Suette Low's Camp about what she can do for you. So insist on personal service from your mortgage lender, and that's what you get with Suette Low's Camp. She is the best in the business. He's as sweet as she can be. You'll love working with her. Very knowledgeable with more than thirty five years in the industry and access to all kinds of products from a variety of lenders.
Speaker 1: She's your broker.
Speaker 3: It's kind of I think like John Roman and Cover since he working for you, not the various insurance companies out there. Well, she's got all kinds of options assuring you great rates at the low cost and the best customer service in the business. Call her up quick turnaround time with Suzette. I know that from my daughter's experience. It's five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. It's five one three three one three fifty one seventy six online. Send her an email Suzette dot Low's Camp los e KA MP Sussette dot lows camp at CCM.
Speaker 6: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: This is Cordell of Cordell and Cordella Channel know I first one wether Voecans got a sunny day, dry day as well. Sixty seven for the high down to forty three overnight.
Speaker 1: Just a few clouds floating around out there. Mostly Sunday. Tomorrow is seventy three for the.
Speaker 3: High, clear and dry overnight fifty four and on Mother's Day, beautiful day for mom. Mostly sunny, it'll stay dry and we'll go up to seventy six forty eight degrees right now. If you've gout Caro say talk station, yeah, talking about duke energy rate height coming your way. Just a friend of mine just let me know that he has even billing in his house. It was previously about one hundred and thirty bucks per month on even billing. He's still on even billing and he's even built. Just came in at two ten, a seventy dollars increase. Is that what we're all facing? What's that? Calculating on a percentage basis, Joe, you do the division on that one. Let's see what Tom's got this morning Tom, Welcome to the mor Show. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 5: I think that's a little bit above a fifty percent rate hike? What what?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 4: Ten?
Speaker 5: That's that's just that's just quick carpenter math. I mean that could be wrong.
Speaker 3: No, you're you're in the ballpark at least, I mean, shee's li Loise man. It's like a property tax increase.
Speaker 1: Geez see.
Speaker 5: Now here's here's two subjects. If my wife was up right now listening, she would be just starting to pace around and and maybe saying a few choice words.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: School tax levies and the electric bill are the two things that just get her fired up about as much as anything else. It's I think the problem we had, if I'm not mistaken, was we we actually wanted on the Cold Rain aggregate aggregation thing, and they they opted us out. They just dropped us from it and didn't even let us know. And then all of a sudden, are we get electric bill and like through the roof, like what what the hell happened? And she had to make ninety eight phone calls, which she absolutely loves to do. I bet I'll quote her fixed other people screw ups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing more aggravating than that man.
Speaker 1: Getting on the phone and I'm telling you what.
Speaker 3: Going through the menus and dealing with the chuckleheads and and folks that are really not don't have a witsworth of interest in helping you.
Speaker 5: Out, waiting on hold and all that grid stuff.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, what one's good note for today? Not only is it Friday. I don't know if I'm allowed to say a name of a business. There's a pizza place that opened up while you were in school back in the day. Uh, is it all right if I mentioned the name? Yeah, go ahead here here you see Adriaticos.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they're the contractor is bringing in Adriaticos today. It's it's pretty much the pizza of choice down here at U see.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, if I remember that, that's one of the really is it crust?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yes, just yeah, straight thirty waight oil?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, it's.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 3: Like yesterday, man, that was one of the favorites. That the midnight pizza or even later. You roll on in from your evening out of the bars or whatever, and if you were hungry you got Adriatica's. That's great, that's good. Stuff, good stuff, real quick. A couple of points.
Speaker 5: Your whole thing with the church and the things that they agree on or don't agree on, and what the pope blesses or doesn't. There is something to be said for having certain people and certain authorities condone certain behavior, give their stamp of approval. That's why when it comes to election times you have all these politicians or I'm endorsed by these people or I'm endorsed by those people. And if you think about it like this, if you're someone who believes in God and someone who believes in the Bible, and you're you're reading the Bible and you believe in that God is against this, and God is against that, and God doesn't want us to do this and doesn't want us to do that, and you can get a government entity to approve that behavior which you believe God is against. That's kind of a big deal that and that's that's really the the important part of that whole issue is it's getting the state of the country or whatever to approve of behavior that is thought of to be anti God. So that that's that's really where that issue well, I think has the biggest biggest impact Again.
Speaker 4: And hold on.
Speaker 3: Let me let me dress that real quick, because I agree with you. But if I read the Bible and I just interpreted from my perception, I might come up with different conclusions about what the text means. Now, that's one thing, and it's but but when when a when it's incorporated into the formal doctrine of the church, When a position is you can't be wavering on it. It is part of our fundamental belief as a Catholic, or as a Lutheran, or as a Jew, whatever we believe in this this is our formal teachings. For a minister, a priest, a pope, or rabbi whatever to do something that's contrary to his own or her own core teachings built in part of the principle of the church, that to me is fundamentally flawed. So you can't sort of play fast and loose with core tenants of the church if it's your particular religion's faith. I've never understree it.
Speaker 5: Iheartily agree with that. So, first of all, the group, the entity the church has to come up with those established rules. That's number one, and no. Number two is the individuals within that group need to stick with it, especially the leaders right, So otherwise you don't have consistency and there goes some more confusion.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I absolutely agree with you. So switch gears real quick. And this whole thing with the debt. Take take this example as how crazy this sounds. Let's say you got a credit card and you know you can't pay it off. You can, You've got an X amount of dollars on it for your spending limit, but you know you don't have any money to pay for it if you put anything on it. And you go around and you you just pay for people's stuff. I mean, you're it's very altruistic. You're being very very kind and giving stuff away, but you are you're swiping your credit card knowing damgen well you can't pay for it. But hey, I'm giving money away to feel I'm giving stuff. I'm buying people stuff. That's what the government is doing with our money. They're not using their credit card, they're using our credit card, and they're swiping it in the name of oh, well, we're being generous to people and we're caring and we're having compassion full crap. You're spending us into bankruptcy, is what you're doing. And the one most guilty of that, of course, of the Democrats. Now Republicans aren't free from g boive me, but the Democrats are like Paul, let's just give everything away. So please, people don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 9: I have a great name.
Speaker 1: Right, have a great weekend, Tom. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bankruptcy is exactly what will happen. And what happens in bankruptcy, right, people get ripped off. They're not going to be paid back the money you borrowed, so they're harmed, and you are harmed to your credit rating collapses and you can't take care. That's the end of the gravy train. You're no longer helping those people that you were helping. And I look at that from broad perspective of the United States. If they want us to take in every man woman in Chaudah wants to come to our country, we will be overwhelmed. We will be flooded financially bankrupt, and bankruptcy will lead to our inability to care for the very people today say we should let in because we need to be compassionate and caring. It's a cycle destined to fail five thirty seven fifty five care see detalk station in Gate of Heaven Cemetery speaking of things and the lines of faith. But you don't need to be a person of faith to go to Gate of Heaven Cemetery for quiet reflection. Maybe you want to gauge in prayer. It's a perfect place I used to do it. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful place. It is seasonal flowers, trim lawns, reflective water features, the paths, the rolling hills. Take a nice stroll, be mindful and meditative and contemplative, and get some peace in the Cemetery's quiet reverence surrounding. Sounds kind of sounds nice, doesn't it? And again, open to everyone to enjoy. Ministering to the tri State for over seventy seven years, an honoring life on sacred ground. That's what's going on. Gate of Heaven Cemetery. Find them online, learn more. Gateof Heaven dot org.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 10: What if you had an extra.
Speaker 1: Thousand every Friday at this time? Yes? The answer.
Speaker 3: Five one three seven fifty eight hundred eight two three Taco time five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone, feel free to call I do have a stack of stupid to dive on into.
Speaker 1: Oh look, it's Friday. They're naked people in it.
Speaker 3: Continuing a thieme and of course we will start in Florida as this tradition. Married couple arrested Sunday for allegedly engaging in leude activity at a sidewalk cafe in Florida. The couple, twenty nine year old Ryan Cook and twenty seven year old Kimberly Maury, at the Where's Jubs Bar in downtown Saint Petersburg, Florida. When the disorderly conduct occurd a courding police and a witness. Cook placed his hands up his wife's dress and touched her private parts, which reportedly caused the disturbance and breach of the peace. Morley was charged for allowing her husband to place his hand up her dress and engage in sexual conduct up bet Joe's already got his finger on the phrasing button. Rest affidavis do not identify the witness who fingered the frisky couple. Cook and Marley each charged with disorderly conduct, misdemeanor, and possession of an open container bottles of Captain Morgan Rum specifically as the record appearance. This was on Monday. Cook and Marley pleaded no contest. Judge judilicated them guilty, found each or find each five hundred dollars. Subsequently freed from county jail.
Speaker 1: Jesu Wase take it home.
Speaker 3: Man naked man carrying a backpack filled with various sex toys along with suspected meth anthetamine arrested after allegedly entering a stranger's home in Marion County.
Speaker 8: Party over here.
Speaker 3: Sunday, May fourth. Marion County Sheriff's Office deputy responded to the incident location made contact with a man, twenty four year old Gainesville resident, Marcus Matthias Roper, who was, according to the report, completely naked as tradition, Yes, and his sexual organs were exposed.
Speaker 1: That's kind of courting.
Speaker 3: The rest report, Roper were wearing white shoes and sunglasses. That's a good look, carrying a blue backpack. Deputy noted in the report that Roper was profusely sweating and he appeared to be unsure of even where he was. After being detained and read his brand rights, Ropert legedly told the deputy that quote had come to the area to be nude in the woods close quote I. Per further told the deputy that he had walked to a home, which he believed was owned by his friend to quote have sexual encounters close quote with that friend. That's from the report. Roper advised that he took off his clothes while in the woods when he spotted the victims saw home. He stated that he entered the property through the unlocked front door. However, he said that he soon realized that the house did not belong to his friend, and he walked back outside, roaming the nearby area before the deputy showed up. Victim told the deputy that Roper was completely undressed when he opened the front door and of the victim's home and stepped inside. Port mentioned that after the victims screamed at Roper to get out, Roper then turned around and exited the property. A search of Roper's backpack by the deputy allegedly contained the following items, multiple sex toys, a large container of vasoline, a bluetooth speaker, and a bag filled with crystal like substance that field tested positive for meth amphetamine. Reports said Roper admitted to taking the same drug earlier in the day, though he claimed that the drugs were not his Good luck reconcile it. Yeah, I know Roper's vehicle located about fifty yards behind the victim's residence. Roper placed under rest. Taken to the Marion County Jail, currently being held without bond. Charged with indecent exposure, sexual organs on, armed burglary of an occupied dwelling, in possession of controlled substance without a prescription. No charge related to the sex toys, vasoline or bluetooth speaker forty six at fifty five kere see de talk station. Plumbing done right. You always get plumbing done right, you know, because you deserve better. They know that a plump type plumbing. That's why they provide you with superior customer service. The price is always right and of course licensed professionals doing the plumbing work for your home, whatever size project. It happens to be, no service fees, free estimates. Yes, of course they are a plus with a better business bureer got you fully covered across the line. So if some pump goes out plump type plumbing, you got drainage issues and some of your drains are clogged, and multiple clog drains could be an indication of a need for a sewer line repair or replacement. They do trenchless which means no digging up your yard. That's awesome, So they'll deal with that for you. Inspect it thoroughly, figure out what's wrong. Tankless water. Here's plump type plumbing, the Tri State's number one install for tankless save money, it lasts longer than the tank, it saves a heap load of space, and you get unlimited hot water.
Speaker 1: Out of a tankless system. Really works out great.
Speaker 3: So if all your plumbing needs plump tight, find them online plump tight dot com. I'm spelled t te plumtight dot com. Five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three five one three seven two seven tight.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: First warning weather forecast. Nice couple of days in a row, really nice. Got a sunny, dry day to day with the highest sixty seven. Just a couple of clouds every night forty three for the low sunny tomorrow seventy three, clear overnight fifty four, and a beautiful Mother's day highest seventy six with mostly sunny skis forty seven. Right now, let's give another traffic update Chuck from the UCL Tramphing Center.
Speaker 11: When it comes to stroke, every second counts that's why you see health. This is the clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment. Learn more at u S health dot com. Clean slate on the highways this morning, no anks and in Sydia with northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one both wide open into downtown inbound seventy four looks good too. At Montana Chuck ingbram On fifty five KRC Beat talk station.
Speaker 3: Five fifty one, fifty five carsite talk station Happy Friday, Tech Friday with Dave who had our cover at six thirty. Let me get a tryheart media app a fifty five cars dot com and you check out the podcast or otherwise roaming around fifty five carseee dot com. Encourage you doing that, and I appreciate the support of the fifty five Carsee Morning show. You stream the audio and we now, of course we know that that's happening. Get credit for that, and appreciate the support of all the listeners in the program. We did pretty well here in the greater Cincinnati area, and that's it just warms my heart to no end. Back to the stack is stupid. Go to Lawrence, Kansas, where of course it's Friday. We have a naked man arrested in the bathroom with Lawrence Gas Station after refusing to stop pleasuring himself, phrasing, and bit his own dog as well as a police officer. What hockey player, well get deliberate penalties? Going back to the Slapshot, you knower and fewer people are going to understand that joke anymore, Joe. I got to just point out that movie was like for what seventy six or seventy five or something. Got to be an old person having seen Slapshot to get the deliberate penalty joke. But it always makes me crack up anyway. Lawrence, Kansas Police Department set about three pm Wednesday, May seventh, emergency crews call to Casey's General Store with reports of a trespasser. College reported a homeless man with a dog refused to leave the business's restroom. First responders showed up. They found the man naked touching himself. He refused to stop. Yeah, I think there is a parallel, Joe. They attempted to wrest him, but he began to fight. Ultimately, law enforcement officers said the man was tested tazed rather twice, continued fighting, though eventually placed in handcuffs, but continued to resist. While still in the cramped bathroom, he bit onto his dog's ear and neck, refusing to let go. What more investigators arrived, They say they were able to subdue the suspect take him to a nearby hospital for evaluation, expected to be booked into the Douglas County Correctional Facility after being released from the hospital. Law enforcement officials said multiple officers sustained injuries in the scuffle, including an officer who was treated for a bite wound. Canine taking to Lawrence Humane Society for treatment of minor injuries, as well.
Speaker 4: O cake.
Speaker 3: Saint James City. We're back in Florida. Resident of Saint James City neighborhood tired of seeing a naked guy roaming around the neighborhood at night. People say he's been doing it for several weeks. Ring door camera is catching it all on video. Stephanie Ogden lives there. He's been around a lot, really a lot, a lot of videos. Neighbors sent Gulf Coast News several videos of the man roaming around doing different things, riding a bike, trying to open doors, walk into people's backyards. Neighbors believed that the same man who Lee County Deputy's arrested in ionn of Lona back in November is the same guy. Lee County Sheriff's Office and Gulf Coast News a statement regarding the issue. Detectives from our third and six precincts, along with an analyst from Real Time Intelligence Center currently investigating all leads out of this incident, and as always will leave no stone unturned. We ourage anyone who sees suspicious activity to see it, say it, and make the call. Neighbors also fearful, are now locking their doors when they don't always do that, which I always argue to keep your doors locked all the time, And finally bus can argue with that Amen. Joe go to Davies County, Indiana bus driver accused of having a blood alcohol content A point two two one while driving children.
Speaker 1: To school to a school field trip.
Speaker 3: Sheriff's Office dispatch received to call the school bus stuck in the mud US fifty and County Road three hundred in Washington, India, Indiana. Bus driver Steven Truelove, fifty five, taken to the County Community Hospital for the drug and alcohol screen determined that BAC point two two one Wow. Four adults, thirty eight children removed from the bus, no one injured, thankfully true love charge with operating in a vehicle while intoxicated. Wow, although I would never do it. Something about being a school bus driver, I can kind of understand maybe wanting to be liquored up before having to deal with a bunch of unruly children. Just the thought, although don't do that, don't go away. Plenty to talk about between six and six thirty. You can steer the direction of the conversation if you want to call in. Otherwise I get to pick the topic regardless. Tech Friday with Dave Hotter comed up with six thirty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 10: At the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: Every day we discover something new and important the day's top stories on fifty five KRCD Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Truly amazing it is in just eight years. QC Kinetics tis us six to fifty five kerr CD Talk Station. Happy Friday, Tech Friday with Dave how bottom of the hour. We'll talk with Brigha McCown in one hour seven oh five of latest energy policies and probably will address the fact that Duke Energy is going to jack your rates up and for my friend who alerted me to the fact that his even billing went from one thirty to two ten. That's just mind boggling about a fifty percent increase on that electricity to build. Maybe it's a little red flag about what you and I are going to be facing anyway energy policies. With brighamccown I also noted that it looks like Ontario, Canada is going to be the first country in the Western world to build and operate one of those small modular reactors. How come they are first? Why aren't we don't understand our opposition to nuclear power?
Speaker 1: It solves the world's problems.
Speaker 3: And Marie Barnett, executive director of the Alzheime Association for Greaterson Sinne, joins a program at seven thirty talk about Ohio facts and figures related to Alzheimer's. Bill Potts eight oh five Up for the Fight, How to Advocate for yourself as you battle cancer, and then Gary Walton joins the show at eight forty Sinnetty Type in Print Museum, which is rather fascinating. My mom did a tour of that, and there's opportunities for some pretty much fat bank in the printing industry apparently, at least that's what I've been led to believe. We'll learn for sure, and learn about a museum you probably weren't even aware of at eight forty five, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on AT and T funds. Springing from a comment Tom made about I mentioned some of the parallels and some of the differences between what we underno and understand about the new Pope, the first American Pope, which is in and of itself an amazing thing. You know, we were globally demonized in the idea that they selected an American cardinal to elevate to Now Pope Leo the fourteenth is in and of itself rather amazing, But it seems to have a more conservative stance than Pope Francis on a number of issues, although he did share Pope Francis's ideas and criticisms about the United States and its willingness to embrace the unwashed masses that flow across our borders illegally under our law. Francis encouraged us to take in more and not to stand in opposition to that happening, which I think ignores the financial and fiscal reality that had happens, and of course that can lead you to bankruptcy, as we talked about with Tom when he called in this morning in the last hour. In bankrupt yourself, you can't help anyone. And we do have a budget problem, a serious budget problem here in the United States. And everybody knows who's paid any attention the weight that the illegal immigrant community has placed on a variety of cities to the tune of billions of taxpayer dollars. Now, Jesus didn't advocate stealing your wealth from you. A matter of fact, wasn't there a parable about him meeting a rich man who asked, you know, what do I need to do to follow you as I give up your possessions?
Speaker 1: And was like, okay, I'll go the other way.
Speaker 3: He didn't order the disciples to attack the man and steal everything from him. It's a question of freedom of choice, and taxes are taken by force, and to use those taxes to fulfill a religious obligation. By taking in all of these illegal immigrants is forcing people to do something they might not choose to do. On them right, and there are a whole bunch of people in the United States of America who do not share Christian philosophy, and many within the Christian community who do not share the philosophy that we need to take in every man, woman and child in the world, because again, that might ruin our ability to be altruistic and have money to buy choice, provide for the mission of charity, and to fulfill our obligations as Christians to help out our fellow brothers and sisters on this planet. And so I always just rail against any priest or bishop, or anybody else who's in front of the congregation saying, hey, we need to vote for this government program to care for the poor, care for the homeless, care for the hungry, give medical free medical care. That's doing exactly. It's inconsistent with Christian's doctrine. It's the obligation the people in the church or within the religious community to do it themselves. It's turning over to government and obligation of the church, which negates the need for the church, then, doesn't it. So a couple of reasons there and then that I was led to make this comment and sort of go through that brief analysis. I just had all kinds of stream of consciousness ideas come in my head about the how complicated this is. But the other day Bill Gates said, Elon Musk is responsible for killing the world's poorest children because of the cuts to the US four and A budget USA, the one that led us to you know, Sesame Street in Iran or Iraq or wherever it was, to transgender research, to funding gay lesbian LGBTQ pride events, on and on and on and on. Yeah, all that's going to solve the problem of killing the world's poorest.
Speaker 1: Chill.
Speaker 3: But he's response for killing them. And here's what Gates said, wealthy man, he is. The picture of the world's richest man killing the world's poorest children is not a pretty one. I'd love for him to go in and meet the children that have now been infected with HIV because he cut that money. Now hold on here, you're telling me, remote US dollars here in this corner of the world are responsible for a child somewhere else out of this vast world of ours, for getting HIV that appsent the American taxpayer dollars that the world would just somehow collapse upon itself.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, how.
Speaker 3: Did the child get affected with HIV in the first part? In the first place, there's a big question mark floating around, And how is the taxpayer dollar from the United States supposed to stop that from happening? What did they do before the American taxpayer dollars at some random time funded by USAID? And I'm sure the number of programs changed over time, and sometimes they were fund in programs led to HIV in some remote corner the globe. In some years they weren't. It was probably a steady flow of cash coming in at all times. Now, sixty nine year old Gates yesterday said he also plans to shut of the Gates Foundation by twenty forty five and give away two hundred billion dollars. Now note that he'll be eighty nine years old and twenty forty five, or roughly around them, he wrote, patting himself on the back. People will say a lot of things about me when I die, but I am determined that he died Rich will not be one of them. There are too many urgent problems to solve for me to hold on to resources that could be used to help the people. Well, yeah, certainly, if you joy the fruits of that bucks over to the age sixty nine, and if you don't shut out in the US got the Gates Foundation till twenty forty five. It sounds to me like you're going to be hanging onto a huge pile of cash for a pretty darn long time. And note, does anybody think he's going to move into a micro house or otherwise taking a setic vow and live in the woods and maybe walk around with a bowl looking for rice to be donated to him like a Buddhist at any time in his life? Well, how do you define rich Bill Gates. I'm sure there are people out in the listening audience who would always look at Bill Gates regardless of how much money he gave away, as probably living a lifestyle that we would determine can allows us to easily conclude that he's rich. It's all a question of relativity Bill Gates, and I think about the money that the United States has sent And I don't know where Bill Gates is on gain of function research, but something tells me he's probably on the nefarious side of it. We funded gain of function research in Wuhan Institute. Virology led to the killing of thousands and thousands of babies in utero. I learned that yesterday and you listen to the podcast. Talked to the doctor before, a well respected physician. He always was doctor James Thorpe, and well, I think he went off on the rails a little bit towards the tail end of the conversation, which you can find the podcast for aty five carecy dot com. I encourage you to listen to it. I mean, he's well documented in this. Unlike the Pfizer papers pointed out they knew this this vaccine was a danger to pregnancies. They knew it was going to cause problems for women, interrupting menstrual cycles and causing other problems with the ability to have babies. We funded that Bill Gates. Now, thankfully this administration has stopped funding for gain of function research. That doesn't mean it's not going to continue to happen, which is a frightening reality going on out in the world. There's a lot of those Wuhan Institutes of virology all over the planet in different in different countries doing their own mangala like research. But is it appropriate for the American taxpayer dollars to be used for something that could be and turned out to be so unbelievably horrific, unleashing a virus on the world that wouldn't have existed had they not created an a laboratory. That's crazy when you peel back the layers of the onions on these kind of topic, isn't it? Oh, I got several callers online. I'm sorry. I looked up and I see that I will take those calls right after this quick word or two from our sponsors, including Affordable Imaging Services. I love the idea of saving thousands of dollars, and I do every time I get my CT scan at Affordable Imaging Services. You know, without an enhancement, it's only four hundred and fifty bucks. It's six hundred with an enhancement. I've gotten several from them, my next one schedule for June. My doctors have never had a problem with the radiologists report or the images. Same equipment hospitals use, but it's so low overhead they can deliver these unbelievably low prices to you. Not five thousand for a CT scan four point fifty without a contrast six hundred with echo cardiograms. You might face a delay get into the hospital. I hear they're backed up, so it's your heart. You might want to find out early. I got to get that echo cardiogram my doctor says I need it. Don't pay thirty five hundred bucks. Affordable Imaging Services five hundred without an enhancement eight hundred with every image Mriict Ultra sund Eco Cardegram comes with a board certified radiologist support included in the low price five one three seven, five three eight thousand five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Online Affordable Medimaging dot Com.
Speaker 6: Made for this Mountain exists to empower listeners to rise a bump.
Speaker 1: Six twenty.
Speaker 3: If you've got there, ceed talk station, Happy Friday. I'm going to go over to the phones here, got to get confirmation. David's happy. It's Friday, David. And with that, hover the phone, starting with Larry. Larry, welcome to the morning show. Thanks for calling a Happy Friday.
Speaker 13: Happy Friday. Back to you, sir, Thank you listen listening to all of the discussions and all of your points. I agree with completely with regard to it's not exactly being compassionate with the open borders, the thing that the previous pope, and it sounds like maybe this pope also does not acknowledge there's nothing compassionate about an open border that helps facilitate drug trafficking and human trafficking on a massive scale.
Speaker 1: Yep, good point.
Speaker 13: I mean, make no mistake, Joe Biden was the biggest human trafficker and drug drug trafficker probably in history. And it just makes me crazy that pokes in positions of power influence like the popes don't acknowledge that obvious reality.
Speaker 3: That's a very fair point. Well, anyway, you Larry, thank you for calling on man. It's a it's a it's an excellent point. How many children would not have been turned into child sex workers had we not had open borders. It created a brand new market to facilitate all that evil, evil behavior. Let's see what Steve's got. Steve, welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling up, and have you Friday to ye?
Speaker 7: Sir, Yeah, thanks for trying to ruin my Friday morning. I was just enjoying life and everything, and your your anger bled over in the me and I got angry and I thought I've got to turn the show off. Well I did turn it off because I called. I'm listening on the telephone and I'll turn it back on after I hang up. I really liked Bill Gates a lot when he was hiding in shame when it became known that he was cobarding with Jeffrey Epstein's and now that he's coming out, you know, he's kind of forgetting that stuff still might come out. I mean, he may have paid off enough people where it won't. But I just find it just priceless that he's so concerned with the children. By definition, a child is not an adult. I guess you're an adult at eighteen, you know, give or take whatever, and if you're younger than eighteen, you would be underage. Now I'm thinking he knows a little bit about taking advantage of underage girls boys. I don't know what his proclivity is, but what a phony. I mean, you know, and he's got more money than he knows what to do with. So elon's the bad guy, he's the good guy. It's like, you know, you're one and two on how much money you got spend? You know, pick up the slack, I mean what you know, And again it's just nonsensical us giveaways that that did nothing to help anybody. Well, going back to line pockets, but it's priceless, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: But going back to my point, Bill Gates can do whatever he wants with his money, buy his choice. He can fund whatever he wants to fund, save the world with his money, do whatever he thinks is in the best interest and consistent with his personal philosophy, that is consistent with Christianity. Your obligation, your money, your choice is you do what you think is right. It's your choice, unlike you know Gates, who thinks it's the obligation of all the American tax payers the shoulder the burden of funding programs across the globe. That's we don't have any choice over that. Our money is taking at the rate that the federal government says they're well, they can take it. They take it, and then they choose, not us unwere to spend in what to spend it on. We all have disagreement about a variety of different things the government spends money on. But you know what, we don't have a choice. It's out of our hands. It really bugs me that way, Bobby, you get to find a word in this segment before we get to Tech Friday. Welcome back, Bobby.
Speaker 8: Happy Friday. My brother, and Happy Mother's Day. I know you're gonna be very busy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're all hanging out with Mom this Sunday, looking forward to it.
Speaker 8: I tell you what, all your segment and everything was one hundred and ten percent. Right now, people have to understand you got thirty seven percent of the electorate, that we're never going to be able to change these progressive minds. I mean, it doesn't matter, So put them by the wayside. Those people don't count anyway, you know, look around. They'll vote for a Democrat no matter what, knowing that he's a piece of crap, but that doesn't matter. They're still will vote for Explain that.
Speaker 1: To me, I think he just did a good job explaining it. You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, listen, you know, you can't talk them off the ledge of their political philosophy much in the same way you can convince someone that their religion is wrong and they need to convert to something that's completely contrary to the original they believe in. They believe in that in their hearts and their minds, and they think it's maybe either a sin or going to result in eternal damnation or whatever. But trying to convince someone that they aren't right. Well, when you are, you know of that mind. You've taken that leap of faith, and like communism is, it's a leap of faith that it's actually going to work out this time when it's never ever, ever worked out before. So different when you compare politics with religion for a number of reasons. But yeah, you're never going to convince them to the contrary six twenty five right now if you have curious the toxation until they get older, he who is not from the left has no heart. He who's not from the right as an adult has no brain. And quite often people grow out of their religious sort of viewpoint of politics and wake up to the reality that, oh, I guess I was wrong as a young person. I'm smarter now I've learned more. Uh, you can save with the fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new carrier comfort system. For my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling, they are the experts at heating and cooling. They've been making Cincinnti home safe, efficient, comfortable for more than seventy five years. Third generation, family owned Zimmer does a great job and they still represent the company that invented air conditioning. That's Carrier. So your system went belly up, it's a great time. I know it's not ever a great time for the system to go belly up, but if it did fifteen hundred and fifty dollars savings, I think that's really enticing. I like saving money, and Carrier makes a wonderful HVAC system. So call Chris Zimmer and schedule that appointment. And if you just need servers, you want a maintenance program, they do it all at Zimmer great at customer service five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. It's easy to schedule a depployment to learn all about what they can do for you. At the website, go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: You're thirty I fifty five the talk station and I love this time of the week. Get to talk with Dave Hatter from interest It. They sponsored the segment. It's a Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. But also a strong recommendation if you have a business, I know you have computers. You need to get out of trouble. You need to know best practices. You need someone to help you with an issue, you need interest it. According to the Business Curve, they are the best in the area. So get in touch on the interustit dot com. Dave Hatter and the team will help you out. Dave, welcome back, my friend. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 4: Thanks Brian, Happy Friday, you and Joe and all your listeners.
Speaker 1: Always good to be here, Always good hearing from you.
Speaker 3: And I know we're not talking about Internet of Things devices today, at least not so much, but I just I saw this pop up ad on Facebook this morning and I had to bring it up and Internet of Things hummingbird feeder. It's got a camera on it and it posts images to your phone and real time video. It identifies the species of hummingbird. But of course it is hooked up to the Internet, and of course I'm sure that they didn't think about safety when they created it. So anyway to the growing list of things that we don't need.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 14: You know, Brian, we could we could talk about the Internet of Things every single week, and you know, I could talk about it for the whole segment because I just want to remind folks I get why things like this seem cool to people. I really do, especially if you like humming birds.
Speaker 1: It's powered, it's it's appealing. I'll do that.
Speaker 14: But yeah, I do you really think the people that made that thought, you know, A, we're technology experts, b were security experts and see, we're really going to care about the privacy and security of the people that buy this. Or do you think they thought, huh, I want to capitalize on market share, speed to market, and needs of used because if I make it too hard to use because it's secure, then my customers won't use it, which wil direction.
Speaker 4: Do you think they went.
Speaker 3: Not to dwell on it? But real quick here, I'll just interjecting. I bet I didn't look it up, but I guarantee you that thing was made in China and it could have had nefarious purposes in mind, they actually intentionally allowed it to be hackable or otherwise allow the Chinese Communist Party to tap on into it. I don't know why would they want to look at your hummingbirds, but there's always that element there, and we're learning about that more and more every day.
Speaker 4: Brian.
Speaker 14: It's not just that they want to look at your hummingbirds, it's that that's connected to your network, right, it has other devices connected to it, like your computer you used for work, your phone that you use to access your bank account, and if you know, for what it's worth. I know this always seems so far fetched to people, but I would just tell folks go look at the Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party. It's a House committee, right, and you know they've looked into a lot of this. They've put out a lot of proclamations. They were one of the one of the first groups to really kind of raise the alarm on TikTok, amongst others. But you know, they just had a press release it might have been Wednesday about unitary robot Dogs, which is a Chinese robot, and you know back doors.
Speaker 4: They've warned about all kinds of things.
Speaker 14: And again, yes, I would bet you that's made in China, and I would bet you, at best it's highly insecure and at worst it's basically some type of spyware.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can almost guarantee it.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see if we can get this in the next couple of minutes, which we've got left in the segment chatting with friends in a lift device and then something creepy happens? What happened to this woman?
Speaker 14: Well, this is you know Internet of things, right, your car now as a computer with all kinds of sensors in it. We've talked about this. This woman goes for a Lyft ride with some friends. I find this super disturbing by the way she gets back and then she gets a text that has a transcript of their conversation. So essentially everything that they said inside this Lift vehicle was recorded, transcribed and sent to her via text.
Speaker 1: Creepy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And I think and whether whether you agree with any of this or not, the main takeaway for this particular article, in my mind is that any device that has any kind of camera or microphone in it could potentially be surveiling you without your knowledge or consent. And I'm sure when you sign up for the Lift terms of service, you are giving them permission to do this. Lift has been somewhat unclear about what's going on here and exactly how this happened, Like how did this transcript get to her? Because basically what Lyft has said in response to this from the reporting I've seen, is that they have a program they've rolled out in some places to record what's happening inside a vehicle, so that if there's a problem later, they can, you know, come back and say, oh, well, you know, here's the audio and or video of it. So I understand what they're trying to do. But you know, again, big brothers watching and he likes what he sees. No matter where you go, you're potentially under this sort of surveillance. And you know, if you're having a sensitive conversation with someone in a vehicle like this and a shared ride, lift, uber, whatever, you at least have the possibility that could be recorded, transcribed and then used for who knows what kind of purpose. So I can tell you this ensures I won't be writing in a lift anytime soon. And unless they completely disavow this and say they won't do it, yeah, I found.
Speaker 4: It really disturbing.
Speaker 14: I encourage people go out read the details for themselves. I know we'll be out of time here, and I understand their claim for why they are doing it.
Speaker 3: Thanks, but no, thanks, Yeah, but you at least let people know about it so we can make an informed choice. That's why we love having your show. Dave Patter six thirty five, com in six thirty six fifty five Kcity Talk station. Hey, we're talking about a revelation about well, how to delete yourself from the Internet. Really maybe First, gaatea Heaven Cemetery of Montgomery, a serene, beautifully maintained setting for remembrance, and of course I'm just a general reflection hoping to everyone's sort of a non denominational concept from date of Heaven. Please come in and just enjoy the park like setting, the striking monument statues, and trying the winding roads and pathways, take a stroll, look at the seasonal flowers, the lawn and always well trim water features they have there. It's very tranquil atmosphere, so it's perfect for prayer and reflection. Well, it's a big and an ideal time to go because of just what's going on in terms of the landscaping there. So if I'm comforted piece in the cemetery's quiet reverend surrounding administering to the tri say for over seventy seven years, an honoring life on sacred ground. You can learn more online go to Gateoheaven dot org.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Have you taken your family to dinner reation?
Speaker 3: Here's janinin Weather forecasts and it's a nice one sunny skies today dry sixty seven, just a cloud or two overnight forty three to low sunny day tomorrow again seventy three for the high overnight low of fifty four with dry and clear skies, and then on Mother's Day sunny, dry warmer at seventy six.
Speaker 1: It's forty nine degrees right now. Time for traffic.
Speaker 11: From the UCUT Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why you see health. That's the clears for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at uc help dot com. Highway trampit continues to look good this morning. No major time delays to deal with southbound two seventy five. Just a bit heavy at the bridge thanks to the construction. Southbound seventy five are wreck at two seventy five. An Eerlinger is on the left shoulder Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Sash I six forty fifty ve KRCD talk station interest it dot Com Refund, Dave and the crew Tech Friday with Dave Hatter pivoting over. Can you really delete yourself from the Internet?
Speaker 9: Day?
Speaker 1: I mean, I just.
Speaker 14: Well, no, let's just be honest. No, you can't entirely delete yourself from the Internet. I don't believe that that's possible, Bryan. But what you can do whether you do it mainly And this is the same conversation I have with people a lot about identity cheff monitoring and can I do it myself?
Speaker 4: Do I need something like LifeLock or fill in the blank?
Speaker 14: Because you know, there are competitors out there for LifeLock, and my answer to them was always, you know, can you monitor your credit? Can you freeze your credit? Can you put front alerts on your credit? Can you monitor all your accounts? Yeah, you can do.
Speaker 4: All of that stuff.
Speaker 14: And if you have a very small number of accounts, you know that's probably somewhat manageable. But if you have a large number of accounts accounts, can you really manage it the same way a company that has built technology to monitor at scale can Well, of course you can't, right, And do you really have the discipline to monitor those things all the time? And I this to me, this is the same question. So there are companies out there like deleat me that have been around for a long time, and this really speaks to data brokers right, We've talked about data brokers before. These are companies who are buying and selling data all the time. They're buying it from people like Meta and Google and others. They're collating it, you know, and selling it amongst each other, trying to build ever larger and ever more granular data sets about you, because that's where all the money is in this stuff.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 14: It gets back to the Internet of Things and why some that stuff is so cheap. They really just want to collect your data. That's where the money is. And you know, like one of the articles that talks about this, and I've tried to tried to explain this to people before, but they've summarized it nicely. Here in PC world, you might find loan applications being inexplicably inexplicably rejected, insurance premiums going up, or job search is getting drawn out companies checking your credit rating is one thing, but these effects could stem from inaccurate, outdated, or irrelevant information being used in decision making processes that affect you in real ways. So this site collects data, that site collects data, your car collects data. All this stuff is constantly being swapped around. It's being combined. You know, Brian, I think I've said this to you before, as a guy who spent most of his career building software dealing with data. Do you think I ever tried to like import some data or mix some data together and didn't do it right And that perhaps somehow some information that may have belonged to someone else wills now attributed to you. Yes, yes, of course that's happened. So my point is, all this data is out there about you. New data is being collected, whether it's you know, you search for something because you heard a word on TV and you wondered what it meant and now they think you have a disease or whatever. All this stuff is out there, and there are companies claiming to be able to write algorithms that can use this data to determine would you be a good renter or a good insurer E or a good employee or whatever. So bottom line is, and all that data is valuable to bad guys who want to impersonate you, who want to steal your identity. So to the extent you can go out and remove it, great, can you do it on your own? Well, it depends, you know, different laws or different states have different laws on privacy what you can request, like you know, right to be forgotten and so forth. But there are companies like delete me. They're a very well known company that does this. They've been around for a long time. I'm not endorsing them, but they're probably the most well known company in this space where essentially you can sign up, pay a fee, and rather than you have to go out and try to find all these data brokers, try to request them to take your data out of their data set, you can use a company like delete me to try to automate that process. Now you know it's going to be a never ending battle. And because even if you can get rid of a lot of what's out there, well, new data is constantly being collected about you. That's why a can you truly remove yourself? No, because not every company will honor these requests, depends on the state they're in that sort of.
Speaker 4: Thing, and be new data is being collected.
Speaker 14: But I would suggest to you it's a worthwhile exercise to look into what would it cost to you something like to let me and then to use tools.
Speaker 4: Google rolled out some new thing. Now you know how I about.
Speaker 3: Google waiting for the admonishment about that.
Speaker 14: They've got a thing called Results about You that kind of leverages other tools they have, like Google has had Google Alerts forever. You can sign up for free Google Alerts and basically interer a phrase that you're interested in fifty five KRC, Joe Burrow, whatever, and anytime that information new information and rather shows up in their index, it will tell you, hey, here's some new information about X. Results about you will do a little bit deeper dive. It's free now, and it's just showing you what information is out there about you. It's not necessarily collecting any new information per se. So there are ways to kind of get a grasp of what's out there. You know, Google Alerts is not going to tell you what some data broker has. But the bottom line is, as they mentioned in this article and others have written about this, you know again, you have to decide for yourself is it worth the time and effort that you care enough. My advice to everyone is always to the extent you can limit your digital footprint it because when there are these companies with these algorithms and so forth, unlike a credit score, where you at least you can understand, hey, my score is not good, and here's why, and here's what I can do to approve it. You have no idea what data they have about you, whether it's act or not. You have no visibility into it and no way to request or changes or dispute it. So the less there is better, it's my bottom line. I encourage people to look into services like to lead me. In my opinion, they're worthwhile.
Speaker 3: Excellent points and you have no idea what they're using it for. That's the other weird thing about it. That's that's the creepy element that's in there. You know, do they have a dossier on you? And to what end are they using it?
Speaker 4: The answers, yes, yes they have it, Yes, what are they doing with it?
Speaker 1: Are my eyes really? Blue?
Speaker 3: Six five garsine talk station slightly different color than Costablanca, but my Costablanca friends know exactly where that came from. Foreign Exchange just took got in my car the other day for an exchange. Was one of those multiple setting stone sort of maintenance and upkeeps, and it was a big one spark plug change got the the brake fluid swapped out, and the cabin air filter, the engine air filters which were absolutely filthy. There was taken care of it. It was just a whole bunch of stuff. And I'm willing to bet that I saved one thousand dollars by taking it foreign Exchange, and I got a full warranty on partsing service on everything they did. I got an a SC certified Master detectician working on my German car. Regardless of where your car comes from, if it's a traditionally imported car Asia or Europe or a Tesla, Foreign Exchange will take great care of you and you will save a heap load of money. Hell, the oil change I got alone, I know I saved two hundred dollars by taking to Foreign Exchange. Customer service there couldn't be better. They're really wonderful people. So Westchester location, that's where I've always had the great experience. It's Tylersville, egsit off of I seventy five go east, just two streets hanging right on Kingwood. You are there next to that chicken joint. That's where the street is. Online to find them Foreign X for in the letter X dot com five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five.
Speaker 1: Car the talk station.
Speaker 4: So you had a solid retirement drink.
Speaker 3: KERCD talk Station. It's Friday, A happy one to you. Briga McCowan returns in studio off the top of the Air new Is to talk about the late latest energy policies and including maybe a commoner two on Duke Energy. Got a rate increase come in your direction the meantime back to Dave Hatter. Maximum Overdrive came to mind on this one. The humanoid robot going on attack. This thing is creepy when you see the video. Uh, it's super creepy, Brian, I totally agree with you. This This went viral over the past few days. And yeah, Maximum Overdrive. That's a classic movie. The truck with the big goblin face on the front. Yeah, and some some.
Speaker 14: Bad acting and I pe river they got all those guns in the basement of that diner.
Speaker 1: It's it's a classic anyhow. Yeah, bad acting.
Speaker 15: Yeah, anyway, the machines become aware and and and and can operate on their own and ignore the whims and wills of the humans who created them.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what's going on in this thing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's based off of Stephen King's story the story is better than the movie, but the movie's got you remember when the coke machine starts firing cans.
Speaker 4: In the bay?
Speaker 1: Just got some classics.
Speaker 14: Anyway, silly people, people should go see this from themselves. Now, First off, I have not seen any confirmation that this is real.
Speaker 4: It looks real.
Speaker 14: Could it be CGI, Could it be some kind of AI videos someone made. Maybe it looks very realistic to me because of the quality of the video. It looks like something you'd see from surveillance video in a factory. And for folks who haven't seen it yet, it's all over the internet, you'll have no problem finding it. And again I'll put the links to this stuff in my show notes in the next.
Speaker 1: Day or so.
Speaker 14: But you see what looks to be like a humanoid robot hanging from some sort of hoister crane, like a little factory sized crane, and some guys sitting around it sort of chatting, and then the robot starts to move a little bit, and then now it's again it's hanging from a hoist right, which their yeah, I agree, it does seem a little weird. And then then as it moves, it's like it's arms start to get you know, moving around more quickly and then anially it's yeah, then eventually it's flailing around almost like a weapon. Or for anyone that's ever seen you know, the army has this mine.
Speaker 4: Thing that goes on in front of a tank. It's like a big roller with chains.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and you drive through a field just whipping the ground that's set off land mines. That's what this thing looks like. I mean, the arms are flailing out of control. It's jerking all around. These guys are looking at it like what the heck, trying to get away from it. Then eventually they're able to get a hold of the hoist in the back. Now, there is speculation that this is video that was leaked from the Unitary robot factory in China. And why I bring that up. You may recall we talked about Unitrey not long ago. They make a robot dog that was found to be full of back doors, so that the Chinese Communist Party or anyone that had access to those back doors could not only turn on the cameras and potentially listen to the thing.
Speaker 4: But it's connected to your network because the.
Speaker 14: Internet of Things, right, Brian, Yes, sir, And that means it would be, you know, potentially a segue into your network or some third party. And then that gets back to what I mentioned a couple of segments ago, the Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party. Now, this is a press release about the unitary robot dog, not this humanoid robot in the video. But you'll see where these things connect, right. This is a direct quote from the press release from this House committee. The fact that PLA connected robots are operating in US prisons and even with ourn in army operation should be a wake up call, said Chairman John Molinar. These machines are not just tools. There are potential surveillance devices backed by the Chinese Communist Party. Every single member of the committee, Democrats and Republicans, signed this letter because we all see the risk Beijing is quietly embedding itself in our critical systems. We must act now to blacklist unitary before it's too late.
Speaker 1: Unquote.
Speaker 14: And if that is a unitary robot, let's say, and whether you know, who knows what's really happening in that video, but imagine if it had a back door in it, and when you see the behavior, imagine if suddenly there were dozens, hundreds thousands, millions of these things, and one day they hit the button and then suddenly every one of them just basically becomes a flailing machine running around, flailing on everything it confined.
Speaker 4: Yep, I know it sounds insane.
Speaker 1: Go no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: You said to The back door could be used for surveillance. The back door could also be used, as you pointed out, with evs to take them over for the purpose of weaponization. I'm betting if I had to guess what was going on here, assuming the video isn't artificial intelligence created as you noted, qualify that, but it actually happened, I bet this is one of the co workers who did it.
Speaker 1: They maybe backdoor.
Speaker 3: And decided when those guys get close to this thing, we're going to put it in flail mode just to freak them out, kind of as a practical joke. But it's that's quite disturbing. It is totally disturbing. Absolutely, brother. You get no argument for me on that one, and you rarely do what do I know except for what you tell me, and I always pay attention to what you tell me and heed your advice. We'll deal with interest it again next Friday at six point thirty. Always enjoy the time you spend with my listeners of me. Dave can't thank you enough, and I appreciate what you're doing for the greater Cincinnai area businesses. Provide them with help and tech support with interest. I T dot com. Have a wonderful weekend, brother.
Speaker 4: Always my pleasure, Brian.
Speaker 14: Next, maybe a news service will be trying to trying to protect their employees from.
Speaker 10: From the robots.
Speaker 4: Failing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, flailing robot overlords who are trying to beat you to death.
Speaker 3: Got a new business model arms, Yeah, added to your resume.
Speaker 4: Thanks man, crazy man.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Six sixty six fifty five KR City Talk Station, Hudson and Suit bring him a count up.
Speaker 1: Next, a full rundown and the biggest head lines.
Speaker 10: There's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should though. Fifty five cares the talk station seven six if at about KRC de talk station. A very happy Friday to you. Happy to welcome back to the PEABODCRC Morning Show. Wish she was Instituto, but apparently had a late night out. We don't know what he was doing out there.
Speaker 3: Brigha McCown from the Hudson Institute, Senior Fellow there, director of the Initiative on American Energy Security. Hudson dot org is where you find him online. He has more than three decades of domestic and foreign policy experience while serving in multiple positions within an industry, government, and the military, and he's also a professor at Miami University, teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in law, policy, and ethics. Welcome back, Brigham. It's always great having you on my program.
Speaker 9: Thanks so much. It's great to be with you this morning. Yeah, late night out.
Speaker 3: We won't ask you to elaborate on the details, Brigham. I'm sure it was something that was on the up and up anyway, energy policy generally. I was happy for them, and I'm happy to see it that they're rolling out. But I'm a big fan of these modular, small modular reactors, the idea of using nuclear power because we don't have to build a giant three mile island with the giant cooling tower in old nineteen seventies technology. The world's evolved and nuclear power has evolved as well, and it generates gazillions of amounts of power on a very small footprint. Waste issues are not a problem, as we've learned as well. But Ontario, Canada, they said they've given final approval for the construction of the very first Western world small modular reactor. How come Ontario is getting to do it and we're not, Brigha McCall when this seems to me the answer to everybody's climate change warriors because it doesn't put any carbon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know it does, doesn't it. And I think it's partially because you know, our policies, our domestic policies have been some of our own worst anny's light. For example, Brian, I got back at one thirty in the morning on a flight that was supposed to land at Cincinnati at ten o'clock. Why because air traffic control is outdated. We use stuff from the sixties and seventies. This is sort of the mindset across all of federal government, including energy and what was once a very promising nuclear industry in this country in the sixties and seventies, remember the atomic age. We were going to do it everywhere everything was atomic. We allowed ourselves to get mired in government red tape bureaucratic delays to where we're no longer innovative. Other countries are moving much faster than we are. But the good news is if there is one is I think we're starting to figure this out. And Ontario, which has a more conservative government, it's like, let's do this. Why not?
Speaker 3: Well, and there's I mean in Ohio. I talked to Vivak Ramaswami about this. He's all in favor of it. I mean he you know, make make Ohio the energy generation capital of the United States, and you know, inexpensive energy draws business and industry. And if we provide that, man, you just you have to put a fence up to keep the businesses from wanting to come into the state of Ohio. I mean, it's it's just smart policy across the board. And again there is no possible or legitimately underscore that or reason for anyone to argue against this. It should be embraced by the climate change alarmist because it doesn't produce anything by way of waste.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 3: I don't know, as have our elected officials been propagandized into believing every one of these represents a three mile island or Cherniobyl like threat.
Speaker 9: Well, I think there are a couple different issues at play Yes in part. First of all, back to your point on the cost of energy. You know, one of things that we've explored at Hudson Institute is g why does manufacturing leave. Well, it leaves because things cost too much, and certainly wages can be part of that. But the cost of energy an industrial building and an industrial capacity is the tipping point between companies that make profit and ie expand and hire more people moanies that can't make it. And that's what Ohio and parts of the quote russ Belt had experienced, was the loss of energy, the loss of the loss of affordable energy. When you don't have affordable energy, you don't put money back into your plans, you don't put money back into your infrastructure, and it's sort of a you know, a spiraling decay. And so where we have cheap electricity, cheap energy, we're seeing industry move back in well.
Speaker 3: And all this on the heels of the new announcement from this morning Duke Energy is raising customers prices again. I feel like you told a commission of Ohio announced that Duke Energy is going to be jump bumping the price of the killowatt hour by two point five cents per killowot hour sounds small that it all adds up.
Speaker 9: Bring them, Yeah, it does really all add up. And you know, I hate to say it spent a lot of times the utility companies they're like, yeah, we'll pass it off to the consumer. You want to regulate this, fine, you want us to use when us to use more expensive energy, it's fine, We'll just passing on to the consumer. Say we had to do it. The energy company is the utility companies need to step up and be part of the solution and say you would think, Brian, like, people want to sell more electricity, right, I mean I'd want to sell more if I'd make candy bars. I want to sell more candy bars. But for some reason, the utility industry just seems content to pass prices along and not worry about it.
Speaker 3: Well, and I noted out in California, it was an analysis that was done by the Specific Research Research Institute talking about how unbelievably expensive it is to pursue this green future out there. The study that they produce so the financial burden estimates that this green transition is going to cost Californians, each and every one of them seventeen thousand plus between seventeen thousand and twenty thousand dollars per family to switch over to just alternative energy sources that are non carbon producing, and of course none of which includes the aforementioned small modular reactors I talked about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is, it is, and uh, you know, you look at California wholesale electric prices if and crease more than four fold. It's directly tied to their policies out there. Look, if you want, if you want to throw up a solar panel, you want to do windmill, fantastic, But you get back to nuclear right to your point, if, if, and assuming, if you're like, golly, carbon is a huge problem. We need to take care of the environment with CO two, which is only one of numerous greenhouse gases. But for some reason we're going to fixate on that. Yeah, great, clear is a zero emission fuel. So if that's your stick, then you ought to be all over nuclear power.
Speaker 3: Well, and this then nefarious thing lurking behind the scenes. I'm thoroughly convinced, Brigha McCown is that we did have small modular reactors, they did produce an abundance of power. We would expand our domestic production, we would increase our consumption because inexpensive electricity translates to a better life for all of us, and that therefore we would not fall in line with the global alarming alarmists concerns about our overconsumption and are destroying the planet with our you know, buying up all the resources and consuming them. I mean, you know, productive country does go through a lot of resources, and I think that's really the goal here, is to undermine our productivity and our success here in this and otherwise free quasi capitalist country.
Speaker 9: Absolutely couldn't agree more. And by the way, if also you're into the climate, you would think you would want things made in America where we do take environmental protection seriously, where we can do it by emitting far less harmful products into the environment than say, I don't know, China, right.
Speaker 3: That's that's the other weird thing about these climate alarmists, Brigham, is that no one ever points a finger at China, who regularly continues to build new coal fired power plants. They don't have an EPA, they're not concerned about the environment, they don't have strict rules and regulations like we do. So we're just giving more and more opportunity for the Chinese to keep their prices down because while they have inexpensive electricity generated by polluting coal, not a word about China, or rarely of re word. Although China occasionally plays lip service to wanting to help with dealing with climate chains, they don't lift a finger to do anything about it.
Speaker 9: I think you've got their four to one one, Brian.
Speaker 1: I do, I do well.
Speaker 3: Pause will bring Brigham account Hudson Institute to go online to Hudson dot org and check that page out bookmarket. It's got some great material there. Speaking of electricity culling, my friends have Colored Electric family owned and operated since nineteen ninety nine, A plus with a better business beer and they're happy with that. One of the reasons their honest reputation. That's an A plus there. Provide all facets of residential electric work between the smallest project. I always use like as an illustration, an outlet install or maybe a can light or two. They did our whole house with can lights. I love those things. Maybe up your media room they'll do that. Maybe wire up your whole house generator. That did that for me, uh and help me with the remodeling project in the bathrooms. Most recently they were over at our house for that, and of course a wonderful job it was. Price is always right, and they have a ten year wiring warranty. Anything they do for you comes along with that ten year wiring warranty. So hire the best. I'd be Cullen Electric Online ce U L L E N Cullen Electriccincinnati dot com. Here's a number and tell Andrew and the team. Brian said, Hi, when you give them a call at five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com. Hello, I'm Victor Gray and I'm calling here.
Speaker 3: It is your Channel nine first Warning weather forecast Today beautiful day, sunny, skies, dry and sixty seven. It's gotta remain dry over night forty three for the low, sunny again tomorrow, seventy three for the high. Another dry night time with a fifty four low. And for Mother's Day perfect God shining down on Mama, sunny skies and a highest seventy six, also dry forty six. Right now, it's time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count so that's why you see health. That's the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at uc health dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape. They cleared the Rex southbound seventy five at two seventy five in Erlwonger. You can expect to lay southbound seventy five out of Saint Bernard into downtown and then on southbound fourth seventy one. That's all for Deputy Larry Henderson's procession. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station. It's seven eighteen if you've got KRCD talk station. Brian Thomas with Brigham accown Hudson dot orgs where you find the Hudson Institute. He is the Senior Fellow Director of Innovation on American Energy Security. That's another component of energy production is security. Brigham as to have a secure America, you need a secure grid. And the other component of this, although away from energy production, is the idea that our grid isn't necessarily secure from the China's Communist Party, hackers or other nefarious actors in the world who could easily, I've come to the understanding easily just shut the grid down, which would result in obvious chaos for multiple reasons.
Speaker 9: Oh, it absolutely would. And I think Brian, that's another reason why this rush to electrify everything is maybe well intended by some. But there's nothing wrong with natural gas. I've got it in my house, most people do have it. Let's not put all of our eggs in one basket. There needs to be we call it a Belton suspenders approach. You have to have backups, so you have to have ways to ensure the stable supply of energy, whether it's related to natural events or man made events. And you know, I think that's clear. We've seen the CCP intentionally get into our electrical, our power, our other energy infrastructure. So far it seems to be probing around. But you know, these are not good guys. You know your friends, don't you know, don't come into your house middle of the night and rummage through your stuff. They are looking for pain points. They're looking for ways that should a conflict to come up, or should we tell them they can't take over Taiwan or they can't do whatever they want to do. Part of that strategy is to figure out how to make it hurt to us in ways that they're not traditional type.
Speaker 3: Of warfare that we're used to exactly, well, I keep pivoting back to California, and you know, they're pushed to get everybody in an electric vehicle and achieve zero emission status by some randomly selected year. There was a study by the University of Southern California that came out noting that because of all of the refinery shutdowns, which were in large part pushed by all the regulatory costs, burdens, and obligations the government of California State placed upon these the refineries, including the litigation that they filed against the petroleum companies claiming that they're directly responsible for global warming, a nonsensical legal position, but they said that this researcher concluded that by the end of the year, regular gas prices could jump from four dollars and eighty two cents, which was the norm in California as of April this year, to as high as eight dollars and forty four cents by the end of next year. That's that's insanity right there.
Speaker 9: You know, it is in sanity, especially when if you go to Los Angeles that is like a car city. Don't they don't even try to do much in the way of urban transit there. They're like, we like our cars well, Los Angeles, And so it's kind of a bit of a head scratcher for sure, because you know, this notion of fossil fuel being phased out, it's not going to happen overnight. Even the most optimistic forecast, if you are really into this, is that the country is still predominantly fossil fuel based, escially the transportation sector out past twenty fifty.
Speaker 4: But what we do know.
Speaker 9: Is powered by the green agenda. In California. There are a couple of reports out that talk about how California's electricity rates are almost double the rest of the country double second highest in the nation, just behind Hawaii, which is a whole nother story. But from nineteen to twenty three, which is the latest data, if you look at California's three largest investor owned utilities, SoCal, PGNA, and Sacramento Area, prices have increased between forty eight and sixty seven percent for electricity. Some of that some of that is caused by the wildfires and the fact they have not been upgrading their infrastructure. They've been putting solar panels everywhere, but it doesn't cost less, it costs a lot more.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, in those programs wouldn't exist but for subsidies, which are nothing more than taking tax dollars in and turning them into a subsidy to get people to do something that they don't want to do and make giving it the appearance that it's actually affordable. It's just this circular pleasure fest that goes on with our taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 9: I'm so glad, I'm brad, I'm so glad you mentioned that, because you know, when you talk to people there, they seem to think that subsidies and tax rebates they're free. They're free, they don't cost us anything. They don't come from anywhere. You know, when you hear the term, uh subsidy, right, the federal government is giving you something and that comes from each and every one of us.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: It could be used to reduce the deficit, could be reused to do other things. But now it's there is no such thing as a free money tree in the backyard, or I think we'd probably already have.
Speaker 3: One, well one more thing along the lines of what they've done in California. But I was kind of view with with really some some positive perspective and optimism two forty six to one sixty four vote for a Congression Review Act resolution to repeal the way that the EPA granted California for its EV mandate. This just happened last week, so past with bipartisan support, you had thirty five Democrats joining the Republicans to repeal the EV mandate. Electric vehicles not the popular things that they were really hoping they would be, again going back to subsidies. In order to get people to buy them, you had to incentifize them with a seventy five hundred dollars tax credit.
Speaker 9: Yes, absolutely, And you know what's really important about that EPA waiver to California was, you know, if you think about it, it started out as a rational way, like, hey, there's a federal standard for smog and pollution that comes out of the tailpipe, and if states wanted a higher level, they could ask the federal government. Maybe you lived in we remember dirty cloudy cities from when we were younger, and the federal government said, okay. The problem is it's a waiver which the federal government can grant. It also means the federal government can take it away. And what California has done is they've gotten the buddy on board. Now there are between eleven and thirteen states that follow California's emission standards. And then they go to all the auto manufacturers and say, you know what, you might as well make every car to our standard. And that means that affects the price of the cars that we buy here in the Tri State. And California has become the de facto federal regulator for car emissions. It's crazy and it's time we pull that back.
Speaker 3: It is at least the House and with bipartisans support, was able to do that last week. We'll see how this advances. Brigham Account, it's Hudson dot org. We find the Hudson and stud Brigham. It's always a pleasure to talk energy policy with you on the program and I'll look forward to doing it again down the road. And hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much, and get people towards Charge Conversations if you'd.
Speaker 3: Like to talk about this. I apologize for not bringing that up. Yes, the podcast Charged Conversations with Brigham Account. Wherever you find your podcast you'll and I recommend you check that out too.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: To the reminder there Breagham have a great weekend. It's seven twenty six to fifty five KRC DE Talk Station Anna Marie Barnett, the executive director of the Alzheimer Association Alzheimer's Association of Greater SINSINNI coming up next some alarming statistics and facts from here in the state of Ohio on Alzheimer's. Of course, I have a profound connection with that particular nefarious disease. But first a word for my good friends at Bud Herbert Motors. Picked up my mower just the other day and it's getting serviced. I'll be happy to have a sharpened blade, oil change, fully serviced lawnmower return to me. They're going to drop it back off to my home next week pick up drop off. They service what they sell, and in terms of what they sell, only the finest lawn equipment out there. This is fifth generation family in and operated business. You will work with a Herbert family member and they're proud of what they do and they're obviously reputations on the line, which is why one of the reasons why you get such great customer service to help you find the perfect lawn equipment, whether it's you know, from the deer lineup, attractors and utility tractors, even big stuff. You're out there with a cup of farm you work with. But Herbert Motors x Mark Mowers stealing Honda power equipment. Got lots of steel power equipment from Bud Herbert, and I got my Honda walk behind powered lawnmower from them as well. After a terrible box store experience. Don't go with the box store. They don't know what they're talking about. They don't own the business. But Herbert Motors only sells the best. They know everything there is to know about what they sell. And again that's superior customer service. I really appreciate you selling telling them, Brian said, Hi, when you give them a call, it's five one three five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five four one thirty two ninety one. Online you'll find them at Bud Herbertmotors dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Andy Andy forecasts really beautiful forecast next several days. He's got a sunny day to day with the highest sixty seven, pretty much clear overnight down to forty three sunny tomorrow with the highest seventy three clear overnight down to fifty four and on Mother's Day Sunny Day seventy six for the high notice. There's no rain in the forecast. It's forty seven degrees right now. On type of traffic, Ucale Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke at the second counts. That's why you see health is the clear choice for rapid life satany treatment.
Speaker 10: Learn more at uc health dot com.
Speaker 11: Stothbound seventy five running a bit slow out of Singfernard and so is inbound seventy four approaching seventy five into downtown. That's thanks to the funeral procession for Deputy Henderson. Northbound seventy five slows out of Irwin are into the cut and then again out of downtown to an accident near the Western Hills. Via doct website Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven thirty one ififty about KRCD talk station hope you're having a happy Friday. Something that's not happy a Alzheimer's diagnosis, Are dealing with a loved one that has Alzheimer's. It's such a nefarious, nefarious disease. Joining me to talk about some statistics and they are frightening statistics regarding Alzheimer's here in the state of Ohio, but also nationally. Anna Marie Barnett, she's the executive director of Alzheimers Association of Greater Cincinnati alz dot org and then you can find the Cincinnati chapter at the national website. Anna Marie, Welcome to the fifty five care Scene Morning show. Let me initially start by thanking you for what you do at the Alzheimer's Association.
Speaker 16: Well, thank you so much for having me today, and thank you for helping us spread.
Speaker 17: The word and bring awareness. This is how it takes, this is what it's going to take.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, having lived through with my father and you know, watching my mom struggle caring for him, you know, you get to the point where you know, the caregiver is put in a state of medical jeopardy almost as much as the person with Alzheimer's, because it's really a twenty four to seven proposition dealing with the person that struggles with Alzheimer's. The care, the cleanup, the trying to encourage them to eat when they won't eat, and you know, wanting to wander away. I mean, the problems are just unlimited and so we ultimately had to put my father in an Alzheimer's care facility, and that comes with its unique challenges as well. So I have a very close connection with and of course this is what killed him ultimately. But he's not alone. I mean, my late father was not alone. The number of folks in Ohio alone with Alzheimer's, Anna Marie.
Speaker 17: Two hundred and thirty six thousand, two.
Speaker 1: Hundred is that number?
Speaker 3: Is is it growing faster over the years, because I get a sense that, you know, you hear about.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, the word slipping mind. See here.
Speaker 3: I am struggling this morning as well. But the number of people that would say various diseases seems to be on the increase. Autism is what I was struggling for. That's increased dramatically. Has the number of people with Alzheimer's diagnosis increased over the years?
Speaker 17: Unfortunately it has.
Speaker 16: Last year in our stats, we reported about nearly six million Americans with the disease and this year, unfortunately, it's seven point two million Americans living with Alzheimer's disease, and that that number does keep increasing. You know, we're seeing people age, you know, people over the age of sixty five.
Speaker 17: They're just growing and growing.
Speaker 16: But the other reason we're seeing the increase is people are getting an early diagnosis. People are talking to their physician. They want to know if they have the disease. We found that in our survey this year that one in nine people that we surveyed said I want to know if I had Alzheimer's disease. So that is what we need. We need people to touch with their physicians. We need early diagnosis. And because we know we have some treatments out there, we know that there's some things that we can do.
Speaker 17: We know that people want.
Speaker 16: To be in in part of their care planning, and that's so so vital and so important for people to know early that they have this disease or another type of dementia.
Speaker 3: Well, how do they go about diagnosing that you have Alzheimer's disease or that you are likely to get it. You don't contract it. It's just part of your genetic makeup, isn't it.
Speaker 16: That's yes, that's true. It is actually a disease. Your brain is physically dying. When you talk to your physician, it starts very easily as just a cognitive test. If the physician see something more, they'll send you for greater testing. Right now, the testing to determine Alzheimer's disease is either a PET scan, which is very expensive most insurance doesn't cover, or a spinal tap, which women would know that's not the most fun thing to do.
Speaker 17: A spinal tap is not great.
Speaker 16: But the best thing right now is there's actually a blood biomarker test. So I can you imagine, just go to your doctor, get your annual exam. While they're running all your blood for everything else, they can test you for Alzheimer's disease. And that is incredible.
Speaker 3: Well, that is I didn't realize they had gotten down to as simple as a blood based test.
Speaker 1: Is it one of those.
Speaker 3: Potentially there could be a false positive or false negative type of tests. I always worry about that, of course, of course.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, of course not of course. Of course.
Speaker 16: You know, the blood biomarker test is not widely available and primary care just yet, but they are using it and research. I know that our friends that you see are using it as well, but they're also using the other testing along with it, just you know, to make sure that the diagnosis is clear. They are still using a PET scan or a spinal tap, but the accuracy of the blood biomarker is like ninety eight percent.
Speaker 17: It's amazing.
Speaker 16: And that's you know, think about all the people in the rural areas that don't have access to you know, positions, and they don't have access to hospitals. You know, it's this is really going to, you know, be a game changer for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I'm vacillating back and forth in my head whether I would want to know. You know, everybody always has their quote unquote senior moments. I think, oh my god, is this an indicator that maybe on the onset of Alzheimer's. But getting a definitive yes, you do, would I don't know. I don't know how that would upend my life or how I would react to that. Let's pause, We'll bring Anne Marie Barnett, executive director of the Alzheimer's Association of Greater Cincinnati, got more to talk about it, more statistics to go over, and more information to learn about this awful, awful disease. Seven thirty six right now fifty five cares to the talk station. Hey, it is Mother's Day weekend tomorrow and Sunday. Mother's Day weekend the full weekend and you can get mom to shoot for free at twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason eleven when she's the second shooter on a rented range. So mom's shooting for free. Maybe spend some time with mom. Maybe mom needs a firearm, Yeah, the great equalizer. Of course, if your mom's living alone, it might be a good thing for her to have a firearm. That's one thing to think about. But maybe mom likes to shoot. Maybe mom's interested in adding another firearm to a collection. They have a huge selection of firearms at twenty two three, the safest cleanest indoor range around and all lanes are pistol and rifle rated up to and including three ZHO eight, so you got a full range of availability there. Plus it's just so clean. Hepa air filtered and the blood is are the unplode The air is completely filtered every few minutes. It's just a really, really amazing and clean gun range service. There couldn't be better. They have a gunsmith on site and knowledgeable staff of a treat you like family. It's twenty two to three dot com the number twenty two five by the word three dot com online and out there in the World's on route forty two between Mason and levenon fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: You don't think about it, you don't talk about it, but Jane.
Speaker 1: And I weather forecast. You gotta love this one.
Speaker 3: Sunny and Driday to day with a high sixty seven over nine kind of clear and forty three for the low. A seventy three high. Tomorrow is sunny, sky's clear every night, fifty four Mother's Day, beautiful sunny day. It'll be dry as well. Seventy six for the high. It's forty seven right now. Let's hear about traffic.
Speaker 11: From the UCUP Traffic Center when it comes to stroke every second account. So that's why U see help. That's the clear choice for wrapptive by saving treatment. Learn more at U see help dot com. Northbound seventy five is slow go out of downtown to an accident at the Western Hills Viaduct that Hans had the wet plane block. They're over on the right shoulder. Now have a traffic on Beachmont Avenue. Is the funeral procession for Deputy Henderson moves through Anderson Township. Chuck King Bram on fifty five KRC. Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Seven forty fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Anna Marie Barnett, executive director Alzheimer's Association with Greater Cincinnati talking Alzheimer's here, and the statistics are not pretty to look at. More and more people are being diagnosed with Alzheimer's. You did mention there is a blood test that you can have to find out whether or not you are you're going to get Alzheimer's or have the indication you are. And I expressed, Anna Marie, some concern about knowing that because you know, how do you live your life knowing the next day it may start presenting itself, or you may start having problems. You know what the inevitable's going to be, because at least as of right now, there's no cure for it. So first let me address the question for marine. Is there a name for that blood biomarker test for Alzheimer's or you just ask your physician, Hey, including my blood results, I want the blood based biomarker test for Alzheimer's.
Speaker 16: Sure well, as I mentioned it, it's not widely available in primary care physicians offices right now.
Speaker 17: Most of them are not familiar with it. Yet.
Speaker 16: We are actually in the process of creating some more guidelines around how to use the blood biomarker.
Speaker 17: So there are some positions I know that.
Speaker 16: Are using it, but they are also using it in conjunction with other testing just to get an accurate diagnosis. So you may go to your position and they may say, I have no idea what.
Speaker 17: You're talking about.
Speaker 16: So we still a little bit more time before we can get this widely available in primary care. But if you go to an hourologist, you can start asking those questions and they can start getting you a diagnosis much easier and much sooner.
Speaker 17: It you know, it is going to be a game changer.
Speaker 16: It's the blood biomarker test and a simple thinger prick, so it's going to be really pretty amazing.
Speaker 17: But there is no name yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, And obviously if you aren't seeing a neurologists, you could get a PCP to refer you to one or find one that's available in your in your area. So moving over one of the reasons that would negate my concern about knowing. It's like, I don't know, one way or another whether I would want to know about this. But they are rolling out some treatment options for folks to get ahead of it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Do we have any really positive information along the lines of treatments that's available out there, Amory.
Speaker 16: Yes, we actually have two treatments right now that are showing to slow the profession of the disease down in the very early stages of the disease in most people. We actually I know that there are people right here in Gridter, Cincinnati that are getting that treatment, which is amazing.
Speaker 17: They're doing very well.
Speaker 16: I actually we had a big GABA last night and I did talk to some people there last night that.
Speaker 17: Were on the treatment. They're doing really well.
Speaker 16: And we have one hundred and forty one more treatments in the pipeline. We have you know, four hundred and thirty million dollars across the world in fifty six centuries and eleven hundred projects in research. So we are going to find a cure. We're gonna find more treatment. And the best thing I think, one of the things I really want everyone to know and be aware of is at the end of July, we will be coming out with results from our US POINTER study that we actually did here in the United States that we funded.
Speaker 17: It is a prevention study.
Speaker 16: It is talking about lifestyle change and what you can do to help prevent Alzheimer's disease. So I cannot wait for those results. I'm very excited about those. This is a study that's going on worldwide and the results have been amazing.
Speaker 17: So everybody keeps asking me that. That's a question. Everybody asked me, how do I prevent? What do I do?
Speaker 4: What do I do?
Speaker 17: Stay tuned, Stay tuned.
Speaker 16: We'll have more for you on some lifestyle change and it's all common sense, right.
Speaker 17: But you have to stick with it.
Speaker 16: You have to have a just like anything, if you go on a diet, right, you have to stick with it.
Speaker 17: So you have to stick with the life style change.
Speaker 3: So this will be dietary changes perhaps, exercise changes perhaps or maybe exercises like you know, brain exercises, like reading, is it?
Speaker 1: Things along those.
Speaker 17: Lines, Yes, all of that, all of that.
Speaker 16: So exercise, you know, making sure that you're going out and interacting with people, that's a huge that's a huge deal. Exercising your brain. Nutrition, you know, is definitely really really huge as well. So yes, all of those things will be coming out, and you know, having science behind lifestyle change and knowing that that's going to help you in the future.
Speaker 17: I think is going to be really another game changer.
Speaker 4: That we have.
Speaker 3: Well, can I at least ask you if you have any inside baseball on what we are putting into our bodies that maybe we shouldn't be, that it's connected perhaps with the higher incidents of Alzheimer's disease.
Speaker 16: No, that there's no definitive tests that are saying, yeah, don't eat this at all. The brain is complicated, right, Yeah, so it's going to take a little bit more time to figure out, like, you know what, what is it. It's going to be a comb It's a combination of things, you know. And one of the things we're saying with Alzheimer's disease now is you don't just have Alzheimer's disease, but we're seeing mixed dementia. For example, my mother had vascular dementia and Alzheimer's disease, So we're seeing that, you know, this is a little more complicated even that we originally thought.
Speaker 1: So there is a sort of a spectrum for Alzheimer's.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yes, yes, it's you know, dementia is are umbrella term, right, and then under dementia there's all there's different types of Alzheimer's disease.
Speaker 17: There's different types of dementia.
Speaker 16: I apologize Alzheimer's is the most common, but yeah, it starts very early with mild cognitive impairment, you know, early stage, so there is a progression of the disease that we're very familiar with. And that's something you know when you were saying you don't know if you want to know, knowing just gives you knowledge, right, It gives you the wherewithal to say, Okay, this is what I want you know in my life, this is my plan. The other thing that does is it helps the people in your life. It helps your family know like why is you know, why is he acting like that? I don't understand. It explains behavior. It's it's really important to know. And I would just encourage people if they want to know. You know, it's hard, right, I mean, I know it's a difficult decision whether or not you want to know. But just seeing what I've seen and knowing the people that are in the early stages that are actively involved in their care planning, I think it's really important for people to be involved in Now, Oh.
Speaker 3: You make some good arguments. Anna Marie Barbett executive doctor all So Alzheimer's Association of greatersins Anti al z dot org is where you start national chapter and then there's the chapters that are locally you can find on that website, and I suppose, Anna Marie, that's a place where people can stay on top of the release of these new studies and information that are coming out.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, yes, alz dot org slash sin is our local website.
Speaker 17: We will definitely have more coming out.
Speaker 16: It's actually from our Alzheimer's Association International conference. It's the largest Alzheimer's research conference in the world. We will have lots of things coming out from that conference, So stay tuned, keep an eye on our website, follow us on Facebook. We will have everything posted on Facebook. It's the best research conference. I go every year and sometimes it's a little over my head, but you know, they are really good about.
Speaker 17: Tell dumbing it down for us and letting us know, like this is what this actually means.
Speaker 16: So those are the things that we will put out there, and I really do encourage people to keep an eye on that.
Speaker 17: And make sure you know if you have questions, please call us locally.
Speaker 3: We're here for you, and consider donating to the Alzheimer's organization if you have a charitable contribution in mind, and that's where we steer the memorial contributions when my father passed away from the complications or complications of Alzheimer's, So happy to steer my listeners in that direction. Any little bit, every little bit accounts in terms of doing this research. And I appreciate your optimism on the treatments that are coming out and hopefully we'll come out soon. And Marie, it just would be nice to know if anybody has any optimism about a treatment that might reverse the the Alzheimer's progression.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 17: I do, I absolutely do.
Speaker 16: If if this was around on my mom had a disease, I would absolutely have made sure that she was, you know, a part of that treatment. But you know, when you can get more time, you know what wouldn't you give? What wouldn't you give for more time.
Speaker 17: With your dad?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: Amen?
Speaker 16: Now, this is but this is where we are and so we just need people to be a part of it, and you know, help help help us fund the research.
Speaker 17: It's that's the vital part of this is the research.
Speaker 16: But I don't I do want to stress me, I really want to stress and make sure everyone knows. So if you're on the journey now or you get a diagnosis, we are here locally for you with care consultants, with our free programs and services, everything we have to help you through this journey until that day come where we have a world without Alzheimer's and all of their dementia.
Speaker 3: Alc dot orgs Last Cincinnati, Anri, thank you so much for what you're doing each and every day and for spending time with my listeners and me this morning. Very very informational and enlightening. You have a wonderful weekend. We'll talk again soon. Seven to fifty Right now, fifty five KRC, the talk station, Sabri Group, Colorwayiam, seven Hills. Now, there's an outstanding real estate team, the number one real estate group in the Greater Cincinnati area. Their mission is giving you a five star experience, and I assure you that's what you're gonna get. This is the only team I would ever consider whether I needed a buyer's agent or seller's agent. Absolutely. Competer has collected the best agents from around the Greater Cincinnati area to work on his team, and they have the instant off or program get out of town right away. You don't want to show it, you don't want to paint it, you don't want to deal with it. Call the Spree Group. They'll give you an instant off within forty eight hours of them seeing your home, which means you can close within less than three weeks from that moment in time. If they're your buyer's agent, love it or leave it you find out you don't like the house you bought within the first year, they'll sell it for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's their commitment to you.
Speaker 3: And then the Veterans Program and First Responders Program kicking back ten percent of their real estate commission to those who protect and serve us in the community. It's all right there online seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com or and then calm up. What the number is five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC When you.
Speaker 3: All right here, it is your channel line first one of Wether forecasts and nice one. It is sunny skies today to dry sixty seven for the high dry overnight as well, just a couple of clouds forty three for the low sunny skies. Tomorrow is seventy three and dry, clear and dry over night fifty four in a beautiful Mother's day with sunny sky's dry and a high.
Speaker 1: Of seventy six forty eight degrees. Right now, if you have a traffic update.
Speaker 11: From the UC Help Tramping Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why U see help. That's the clear choice for a rapid wife saving treatment and learn more at uce help dot com. Northbound seventy five crews continue to work with an accident near the West Hills Viaduct. Moved from the left plane over to the right shoulder, but traffic's still heavy. Out of downtown. Traffic is now stopped on two seventy five at five mile westbound due to the funeral procession of wy Henderson King Bramont fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven fifty E pardon me, seven fifty four fifty five kr CD talk station over a fifty five kr seed dot com. You can check out today's crime stopper bad Guy of the Week, which I'll handle since Lisa Baker, Officer Baker we believe is attending the funeral and what a tragedy that was. Anyhow, the man we're looking for See his mugshot at fifty five cars hea dot com. Priest Love not peace Love. What's so funny about peace love and understanding? This is Priest Love wanted for strangulation and assault, described as a blackmail fifty years old, five ten and one seventy is a history of domestic violence menacing, last known to live at Beavis Avenue in Evanston. If you have any information on where police can find Priest Love, please give crime Stoppers a call at five one three three five two thirty four or submit a tip online at crime dash stoppers dot us. You can also go to P three tips dot com to submit your anonymous tip and underscore the word anonymous, because if your tip leads to arrest, you'll be eligible for a cash reward, which I always say, leave it with crime stoppers. A lot of crimes are solved as a consequence of the tips that you call in, So drop a dime, as they used to say, submit that tip. Five one three three five two thirty forty.
Speaker 1: Don't go away.
Speaker 3: Continuing our discussion on things that are going bad in the world. Cancer, You know I hate cancer. Cancer sucks just like Alzheimer's. But Bill Potts has got a book out. We're going to talk about after the top of the air news Up for the Fight, how to advocate for yourself as you battle cancer, and following that should be a great conversation with Gary Walton, who is with the Cincinnati Type and Print Museum. Did you know we have one of those? My mom did a tour of it. It's pretty amazing and career opportunities in the print world. So Gary will beyond at eight forty and I hope you can stick around. We'll be talking with Bill Potts after the news.
Speaker 6: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour, not going to.
Speaker 9: Be complicated, It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is sponsored.
Speaker 3: AATO six at fifty five KRCD talk station. Hope everyone telling a happy Friday. Please to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Bill Potts his background motivational speaker, business leader, community builder. He's held executive roles at Ironman Group and Clearwater Marine Aquarium, co founder and managing director of marketing agency Remedy three to sixty five lecturer at TWU Lane University. In addition to being an Ironman triathlete. He is also a five time cancer survivor and author of the book we're talking about today, Up for the Fight. How you to advocate for yourself as you battle cancer from a five time survivor. Bill, Welcome to the fifty five KRECE Morning Show. It's a real pleasure to have you on this morning.
Speaker 18: Oh Brian, it's a pleasure to be on your show.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: And according to my producer, you and I have something in common, and that's lymphoma.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we do, we do.
Speaker 18: Yeah, mine, I had stage three lymphalma in two thousand and eight and then it came back in twenty fourteen, twenty nineteen, and twenty and twenty. So we do have that in common. And by the way, congrats on your success with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I just recently had a CT scan, actually two back to back. There were several months apart. My lymph nodes did start growing back. I had retuction treatment and I was able to keep it at bay for about three three and a half years. But the scan revealed that the nodes were growing a little bit. But I've been given the option of just sort of taking a weight and see approach and that's currently where I am. So I engaged in some dietary changes. I removed all the sugar from my diet. I've reduced a lot of the carbs for my daet cardinal lost lost some weight, so I'm not sure that's going to keep it at bay. But I know there's a correlation between sugar and cancer. Whether it's lymphoma related, don't know, but I was willing to try that out, and I feel a lot healthier for it. So next scan taking place in June, and I'm hoping that we don't see any more growth. But I know there's treatment options out there for me. And you've obviously been through that which particular spectrum you said, stage three.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I had stage free non Hodgkin's lymphoma, so that's yeah. I went through retuction as well, and there's recently, as four years ago, I went through a more harsh treatment of chemotherapy treatment. So yeah, it's been interesting. My wife joke said it took me getting cancer five times before I finally cleaned up my diet, but that that does make a difference. So I am very very strict on you know, fruits and vegetables. I limitedairy, red meat, alcohol is limited, and so I lean into as healthy a diet as I can, like you do. And also I lean into exercise because for me, I'm trying always to be ready for when it comes back, and also do everything I can to lengthen the amount of time before that happens.
Speaker 3: Well, you got to be physically fit to do compete in Iron Man. Come on, Bill, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 18: That was trying to prove to my three kids that no matter what happens to you in life, if you get focused and put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. And so yeah, I taught them that lesson well, and a couple of my kids followed in my footsteps on the triathlon stuff, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Well, what motivated you to be so open and share your cancer journey with and I, of course write the book up for the Fight?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it wasn't my idea. I actually was going through a chemo er B treatment in September of twenty twenty, and before that treatment, I'd had surgery to remove a tumor below my right hip, and when I woke up from the surgery, Brian, I had an emotional breakdown and told the nurse that I was done. I wasn't up for the fight anymore that I knew what was coming. And I'd had a great life and a great career and a great family, and I was thrown into towel. So she called in the pastor at Mayo and we came and talked about it for a while, about an hour and a half, and she said, Hey, Bill, let's reconnect with the reasons why you should fight. And I did a fight for my family, a fight for my friends, fight for my meeting, for work, and also to fight to make God proud. So I'd reset my mindset and was really up for the fight. At the end of this conversation, Brian, she leans into me and goes nos and noses is I got one more thing for you, Bill? Like what she goes, I want you to turn your pain into purpose and write a book to help others. So I thought about it for a few seconds and said yes. Reached out to a publisher who the CEO called and said, do we want to do this book? I'm like why, she goes, I lost one of my best friends to breast cancer recently, and this is the book I wish somebody had written for her. So we want to write a book like What to Expect when You're Expecting, but for cancer patients, with some stuff thrown in for the friends and family of cancer patients as well, because it will be meaningful and it will change lives and hopefully save some lives. And so I wrote it while I was going through treatment and was really thankful to get that done and get it out.
Speaker 3: Well, you mentioned the loss of hope and thrown in the towel. How does one you know after you get a cancer diagnosis, And of course some cancers are far more aggressive than others. Some are caught far later after metastasization, you know, stage four cancers and things like that, and people only learn late in the process that they have this progressive disease. Obviously, there's going to be a problem finding some hope amid all that gloom and doom? How does one advocate for oneself? And you know, I've always turned on. I have great family support. You know, I'm I married out. I can't kick my coverage with marriage, and I get inspiration from my wife and for my family and from my mom, and I try not to even think about it. I just ignore it like it's no big deal. It's like just part of my life. But see, I've got I'm surrounded and I also have good doctors. So what does one do to advocate for themselves amid all this?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think that's by the way, I kicked my coverage too with my wife, and I've got that same family support.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 18: For me, it's about, you know, treating it. Advocating for myself is that I have to own my own journey, meaning I have to be involved and my family has to be involved in all these decisions from where to go, to getting second opinions, to doing things like you're doing, managing your diet and exercise, all those things. So the way I deal with it is I deal with it a little bit like it's my job. So it's my job when I'm going through it to get better. Now my job is to prevent it from coming back and make sure I'm in good shape when it comes back. And so a lot of folks look at the health health care journey as the doctors own it, and it's really not the case.
Speaker 5: It's you own it.
Speaker 18: It's your life, and so you have to be really involved in all those decisions and understand what's happening and surround yourself with the right team of doctors and the support that you need, and then it's your journey, not somebody else's.
Speaker 3: Well, how about practical steps that folks can take to make their treatment days more comfortable. Now, Fortunately, as you probably know, retuctioning doesn't really come with a whole lot of side effects, unlike chemo therapy, which has some profoundly negative side effects. So along the lines is something more aggressive in terms of treatment and more profound in terms of side effects chemo therapy. What can folks do to make that make it more comfortable or less painful in their life?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I think first of all, you've got the emotional and mental piece, which, as you know, even walking into a retuxentryment, the emotional side of it. Oh and so and I actually actually had an antiphlexis reaction to to retuctent time. So that yeah, so you know how scary that is. You talk about waking up at what's going on?
Speaker 3: Until that happened, Yeah, they had to slow the drip down. They were trying to get me in and out a little bit faster, so they up the drip level. And man, I am telling you that is the weirdest and almost awful sensation.
Speaker 5: Ever, yeah it was.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's pretty tough.
Speaker 18: So the way it works for me is, yeah, a couple of days before treatment, I'm kind of a mess and I don't talk to anybody and just people just leave me along. But when I get outside the doors of the cancer center, my mind switches and now it's my job to get this done. This is one step and healing. I also always make sure I have somebody with me. I also, as you know, it gets cold in there, make sure I got a sweatshirt, ski calf, baseball calf, got some water to drink.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 18: The first time I went in Brian, I was so I was so ignorant. I took my laptop. I was planning to work, And so now I know if I'm going in there, just plan to relax the best I can and get through it. And I count up to the halfway point I went through. Generally, I'm somewhere around twelve to fourteen treatments. I'll count up and then when I get to the halfway point, I start counting down. That helps me from mental side, you know, know how much progress that I'm making.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's interesting way of looking at it, and there are a lot of support organizations out there. I think of the I feel so so terribly for someone who's dealing with this problem. This is cancer diagnosis and being alone in the world in that regard. I'm blessed to have a family in Sport, you know, in my own home to help me deal with the problems associated with cancer, mental and otherwise. But there are some great support groups out there that can help out and have resources for you and to interact with folks who are also struggling like you.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's been remarkable for me. I leaned into the Leukemia and Phoma Society. I guide people to whatever cancer it is. There's a national cancer nonprofit in the US that can provide you support. I leaned into some Facebook groups for support. I recommend professional therapy if you can get it. Somebody listen to you. You do want to lean on your family and friends, but you also need to lean on outside support because there are things that you can share with them that you might not feel comfortable with sharing with your family. And you also, as you did too, Brian, you've got to keep an eye on the family and make sure that they're okay. So part of my job and my wife's job was to keep an eye on the three kids and to make sure that they were handling it well and to make sure they had the support and resources they need to go through it too, because the family goes through it and the friends go through it, not just the patient.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a certain degree of that. I can understand that. And well, to the family and others that are struggling with a loved one's cancer diagnosis, how do they help and support that love them with maybe how without overwhelming them. I mean some people are like, oh my god. They funnel over people and like, oh my god, anything I can do for you, And sometimes that can be a little bit troubling for the person who's dealing with the cancer diagnosis.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's true. Sometimes your friends disappear, sometimes they lean in a little bit too much. And so there's really a few things. Is Number one, be present when you're with them. Number two is ask them if there's anything you can do for them, But not only that, maybe suggest something that you can do for them and see what they say. I don't know how you were with people coming over to visit and food and things like that, but that wasn't really working well for me, I do. My sense of taste was kind of a mess, and my sense of smell was kind of a mess, and so you know, food tasted differently. And the best thing that my friends have done for me, I'm sure for you is to say, hey, can I come see you and then just sit there and talk about anything but the cancer. Let's talk about Let's talk about basketball or football or baseball, some of my passions. Let's talk about your family. Let's talk about my family. But let's give me a break from all the cancer talk, because I get that enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And everybody's curious because they love you. They just want to know if everything's okay. And I get to ask that question from time to time, and I don't mind hearing the question. To me, that's just a sign of love, concern, and support, and that's what you expect from friends. But I guess my symptoms and my treatments weren't ever as bad as yours in terms of my body's reaction to it. And I just really don't even talk about it. Like I said, Bill, It's just part of my life and I just accept it for what it is. It's the hand that the cards that God dealt me and I'm happy to play with them. So that's where I sort of get my optimism. You know, it's kind of out of my hands. I just go with the treatments and just enjoy and embrace the support that's provided, and of course get a copy of the book up for the fight. How do you advocate for yourself as you battle cancer? From a five time survivor, Bill, I can't thank you enough for writing the book for all of us out here who needs some resources and guidance to help. And you obviously have been down this road as a five time cancer survivor. That's truly amazing, Bill, and congratulations on that. And I wish you all the health and the best in the world.
Speaker 18: Yeah yeah, back at you. And this book has changed my life in so many profound ways because now I hear from cancer patients all the time, and I'm able to mentor them and coach them to their journey. So I've accidentally become an expert in a lot of other different types of cancer other than the ones I've had. So if you need it, if you have anybody that needs some coaching or whatever, Brian, just reach out.
Speaker 1: Just reach out.
Speaker 4: Bill.
Speaker 3: It's been a pleasure and congratulations. Obviously a very well rated book on Amazon. You're almost at a full five stars across the board and some really positive reviews from folks in the medical profession. So well done, and thanks for your time this morning. Bill, It's been a real pleasure having on the program eight twenty three, the fifty five KRC, the talk station. Well I knew it was, but confirming it is Friday.
Speaker 2: Say it.
Speaker 3: In spite of the challenges we face. It can be depending on where you want to look. Just a real quick fun fact on observation. I wanted to get in here in the remaining moments of this particular segment. We're gonna have either local stories or your phone calls in the next segment, so feel free to call me up there's something you want to say. Remember when Robert Her interviewed Joe Biden about his well classified documents problem. Some of the corvette, some of the house, some of the rebojo beef, on and on and on, willfully retained is what Robert Her, then Special Council determined found in seven different places in several locations. And you remember her stated he did not call on Biden to be charged with willfully retaining and disclosing classified materials, which is a violation of law, as Donald Trump because of Biden's diminished mental acuity. All the while, at the same time, press was running around talking about how he was sharp as attack. And it didn't come as a shock to really anybody, I think to hear that, you know, well, the conclusion that you weren't going to charge Uncle Joe because of his declining mental acuity, that is a frightening thing that when you really contemplated in and of itself. But he's running for reelection and he had to drop out because well, he was called out on it after what diminish mental acuity was demonstrated in his debate with Donald Trump, after long several months, if I recall correctly, I think that interview that Her did with Biden which led him to that conclusion, when we can't even prosecute this guy, He's going to come off and come off as a bumbling old man. No jury would convict him beyond a reasonable doubt. He doesn't even know he has documents. That's the kind of the point that Her was making. But that the press continued to hold him out, and they continued to well run for President of the United States of American reelect him. It was until later that he dropped out after that that debate, and they swapped him out with Kamala Harris, of course without even consulting the Democrat Party members. So I don't know why this didn't sort of just jump out at me previously. But the Trump administration is considering the release of that interview, and why not shouldn't we get get the opportunity to take a look at that as all the members of the press are coming out with their own books talking about how they witnessed the decline of Joe Biden's mental capacity over the years of plural he was president eight twenty six. Jeff, hang on, brother, I'll take your call right out of the gate. Folks, feel free to call five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk and feel free to make another phone call. And that's the Pressed Desionteriiers and you'll be talking with John Ryan. He is one of the same Pressed desion Tieries as his company, but he does kitchen remodeling almost exclusively.
Speaker 4: Geeze.
Speaker 3: For the last thirty five years he did our kitchen love it, absolutely love it, and he just he thought up some ideas for us that really transform how our kitchen flows and functions in terms of storage.
Speaker 1: The flow, the more spacey, the larger amount of space. He found.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely genius and he can do that for you too. And if you don't want to do a big job he just want to replace cabinets and countertops, keep things generally the same, he can do that for you. But if you want to start from scratch, got the whole thing, He's got great ideas. He's there with you from initial design to final installation, and he is a plus with a better business fere. You want to see some of the before and afters, check out his website learn more Prestige one two three dot com. Prestige one two three dot com. Give him my regards when you call to schedule the appointment. It's five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero.
Speaker 1: Two two nine.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: For more information, Channa nine first one weather forecast and get tired of reading this one all morning.
Speaker 1: It's been nice to see a.
Speaker 3: Forecast like this one with sunny skies today dry and a highest sixty seven dropping to forty three overnight to remain dry. I got a sunny day tomorrow with the highest seventy three clear and dry over night fifty four and for Mother's Day, sunny day and I have seventy six forty eight degrees right now, Let's find out about traffic conditions from.
Speaker 10: The UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: When it comes to stroke, every second count Since why you See Health is the clear choice for a wrappid life saving treatment.
Speaker 10: Learn more at you see health dot com.
Speaker 11: Cruse continue to work with an accident at westbound two seventy five at Coal Range traffic getting by on the left hand side.
Speaker 10: Eastbound two seventy.
Speaker 11: Five slow go turkey foot to the double A westbound heavy through Anderson Township, all due to your earlier funeral procession northbound four seventy one slows across the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station A.
Speaker 3: Thirty one to fifty five KRCD talk station Happy Friday. Before I get through the phone to take jess College. Just the correction of the record that interview was October of twenty twenty three. Remember it's that time that special counsel HERB made the determination that it's the wilful retention of classified materials. They wouldn't prosecut him because no jury would convict the old man who's struggling with cognitive problems. Yeah, red flag much. That coupled with all of the insider information about his cognitive failure over time, the people who worked with him and for him, representatives who regularly interchanged and interacted with him, they all had this information. They all withheld her from you and all the decision making apparently with the auto pen and uh working the twenty four hours, seven days a week. I don't even think he knows what was signed on his behalf scary stuff and who is running the government Jeff, thanks for holding and indulging me there. Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Brian, as always you enjoy true patriots, Buddy.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Brother h I wish it was just fuzzy.
Speaker 18: Bunnies, but it's not.
Speaker 4: I ish.
Speaker 19: I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Republicans are going to stab you know, us and Trump in the back.
Speaker 17: But I just don't. I just don't get it.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't get that.
Speaker 19: You know, those goes in there finds hundreds of billions of dollars that we they're they're just you know, throwing away of our money and or or keeping it slush funds. And then we go up, then we're supposed to vote on it, and then he kills the vote, and what a shock?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so right.
Speaker 5: I feel that we should never, ever, ever.
Speaker 19: From this point on electic speaker that not every single Democrat wants to crucify.
Speaker 4: I mean, we just shouldn't.
Speaker 19: I mean, I mean any of them, any speaker that steps up there.
Speaker 18: I don't care how cool he looks or how much he talks the.
Speaker 10: Talk as they all do.
Speaker 19: But if every single I shouldn't say democrat, if every single Liberal is not against him, then we shouldn't want him. We just shouldn't want it. And and yet and just and it's the same thing as what Elon and Trump is now promoting that we all should have used our logic and common sense to figure out anybody that's screaming about Doge should be looked into. I mean every single one of them. I mean that we should find out who is behind all of this waste, all of this corruption.
Speaker 18: And and honestly they should go to jail.
Speaker 19: But but apparently you know, we can't do that, Jeff, we we we can't.
Speaker 18: We can't put you know, politicians in jail.
Speaker 17: We we can't.
Speaker 5: You know, we can't be.
Speaker 19: Merch our fellow Democrats and Republicans. You know, no, no, we have to protect each other. We have to sit up here forever and never ever represent the American people.
Speaker 3: Well, mean, you have a good argument on that, and I can't comprehend someone being against ferreting out this fraud, waste and abuse. And you're right, there's a big red flag flying for those who would scream about having some of this AD dollars cut off. But if you start following the money, I have a reason why they don't look into such things, because if you follow the money, you're going to find out that nobody's hands are clean up in Washington, DC, or at least very few hands are clean, that all of them have somehow benefited from the from the money trail ended up back in their lap.
Speaker 1: Just my thought.
Speaker 3: We're certainly led to conclude something like that in these modern times, aren't we? Thanks brother, appreciate the call. Help people. Great weekend. It's Ay thirty five.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 3: If you've have KCD talk station, Go Zimmer dot com. Zimmerheating and Cool three generations Zimmer Heating, Coolman serming the Greater CINCINNTI area since nineteen forty six Cliff Zimmer started it off and growing from that one man operation to a third generation business. And boy, they are proud of what they've been able to accomplished over the years, and that's keeping houses cool or warm as the case may be, but safe and very very comfortable and efficient. They represent the company that invented air conditioning, and that's Carrier. And of course right now they still have the rebate going on. If your system goes belly up, it's an opportunity or an ideal time to replace it with working with Zimmer where you can get a carrier rebate of fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. They do all kinds of services residential HVAC like commercial HVAC, and they have maintenance programs. They serve as a whole variety of different HVAC units, So kind of on the folks at Zimmer for all that. But it's a good time to replace the system if you need it, because you save fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. You can set an appointment online upper right hand corner after hours or regular service hours, go Zimmer dot com. You want to call him up till the team, Brian said, high five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: The free I Heard radio app has over one hundred uh.
Speaker 3: Here is your Channel nine first warning weather forecast. What a great forecast, sunny skies today, drive sixty seven for the high overnight little forty three, A couple of clouds maybe mostly sunny tomorrow with the high of seventy three, fifty four overnight with clear and dry conditions and a clear and dry Mother's Day, Sonny in seventy six. It's forty nine degrees right now, Chuck, what's going on out there?
Speaker 9: Years ago?
Speaker 11: Tramping center. When it comes to stroke to every second counts. That's why you See Health is the clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment. Learned more ad you see health dot com. South Bend seventy five continues slow out a walk on westbound two seventy five heavy at Coal Rain. An accident has the right two lings blocked off. I continue to see having traffic in northern Kentucky on eastbound two seventy five between Madison Pike.
Speaker 10: Come the double bike. John Ingram on fifty five k the talk station.
Speaker 1: Today forty fifty five KRCD talk Station. Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, moving away from the headier news and talk about something that I learned a little bit about and I was unaware of. I'm going to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Gary Walton, who's with the Cincinnati Type and Print Museum. Gary, it's a real pleasure to have you on the program. My mom took the tour of the Print and Type Museum and brought it to my Attention's like, wow, I didn't even know we had one of those. And then she starts going on about the Cincinnati having such a really big connection with printing, this whole concept of the art of printing.
Speaker 1: It's good to have you on the program. Gary, Welcome.
Speaker 20: Oh, my pleasure to be able to share with Cincinnatians our motto, which is life revolves around print.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, And was a Guggenheim who been to the printing press bringing print to the masses. What an amazing transformation, transformative moment in history that was. But it is an art form. It does take skills, and it does take training to learn how to do this. But the point that you do, there are career opportunities printing.
Speaker 20: Absolutely. Cincinnati has over three hundred printing establishments. When I say that, people look at me funny, And how would you know there's three hundred because we mailed our newsletter to over three hundred printing establishments. There is a huge shortage of graphic arts people going into print. Most about its being design, which is really a crowded field. But you need to consider the idea of going into print. And when you think of print, you're thinking probably the newspapers, which are not doing very well. But print is way more than newspapers. And next time you go into a Walmart, just take a look at all the packaging that they're There's over three hundred and fifty thousand packages that all need to produce every day. Your fore matual is printed, your wallpapers printed, your appliances are printed, the clothing that you wear is printed. And in the future, the new technology which I want Cincinnati be a leader in is something called printing electronics, where we actually print electronic circuit boards. And we can do that right now, print electronic circuit boards, print parts of batteries, and actually print antennas and other devices. So in the next five ten years, every electronic device starts in a press room. So and I can say I want Cincinnati, Ohio to be a leader in print electronics. And that's one of the things we're really pushing here at the Cincinnati Tip and Print Museum.
Speaker 3: Well, Gary, you just hit upon something that takes me in a different direction. That's the last thing I was thinking about. When you talk about printing. I'm thinking about, you know, the paint and block where you stamp it in old school methodologies and when you type set and all that. Of course, a lot of that going the way of the DODO with modern computer printing, but that it's outside of the realm of just printing things that you view visually or that you read. I guess you're talking about a form of three D printing.
Speaker 20: No, this is this is people immediately seeing three D printing. We're talking about traditional presses that every printer in Cincinnati has, and all the magic.
Speaker 9: Is in the ink.
Speaker 20: The ink is the magic. The ink is what conducts the flow of the electricity. Batteries are just liquids of chemicals, so why can't we print liquid chemicals instead of liquid inks. So it's just traditional presses, not three D printing, not anything magical, just traditional presses. Now, the advantage of printing electronics is huge cost saving. So if you're manufacturing it's a cell phone. For example, I don't know if you noticed, but the iPhone thirteen sold for one thousand dollars because I had one I thought off the back of a truck the other day and cracked it, so I had to get an iPhone sixteen. The sixteen only cost me eight hundred dollars. Now why did it drop two hundred dollars because of print in electronics. Your cell phone at this present moment, now eighteen percent of its twenty percent is printed.
Speaker 4: On a press.
Speaker 20: I can show you a picture at the museum where we we have fifty phones up on a press sheet and the circuit bowl is printed, the antennamus printed, and parts of the battery. So this this is the future. And also the other we the printing industry are going to save the world again by reducing the use of fossil fuels. We have samples here at the Museum of Printed Solar Panels. No we're talking about it is it's a plastic that you have it that we printed and the costs went from three hundred dollars to twenty dollars.
Speaker 9: See, this is going to change everything.
Speaker 20: And in the future your whole car will be a solar panel and people who.
Speaker 9: Visit in really cool field. It is.
Speaker 3: My mind is blown. I mean I've learned more about printing here in the last couple of minutes with you, Gary than I ever thought was even out there. Now people will learn all about this and when they take a tour of the of the Type in Print Museum. This is how my mom stumbled upon it. But you talk about all this when you do tours.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So we want to encourage people to make an appointment, to go on our website and make an appointment because this is a working museum. You don't come and just look. We put an apron on you and you actually physically print, and so we'll talk about the future of printing and we'll talk about the past of printing. So when you leave here, you will become an ambassador for print like your mom had. Yeah, actually talk to you to reach us. And that's our goal to make everybody ambassadors of print. And in Cincinnati, you realized one hundred years ago was the second largest printing center in the world, and we said, we just have this history. And today twenty twenty five, we're still very strong. We're the twelfth largest printing center. There are forty cities in this country that are bigger than we are, but we do more print. The printing industry in Cincinnati is still extremely strong.
Speaker 3: Eye opening reality going on here. It's Cincinnati Typeprint Museum dot org and Joe Strecker will add that to my blog and podcast page if you got cares dot com. I saw an article on the Wall Street tran was either today or yesterday talking about the trades and high school juniors that are you know out there in the world. There's a lot of companies out there that are interacting with juniors and folks in the shop programs, hiring them right out of high school with career salary level jobs. And I would imagine this type of trade would be a wonderful opportunity for a young person. Do you have high are you working with high schoolers along those lines at the Type Print Museum.
Speaker 20: Yes, we worked with Cincinnati Public schools and are prating some of the individuals there. I also go out to I taught printing for thirty five years of Cincinnati State, and I'm happy to say that many of my graduates are making more money than some people with four your degrees. We had one hundred percent placement of our students when I was there, Just showing you the need for people going in the printing industry. So people who are making c's got really good jobs because the demand was so high and the supply was so low.
Speaker 10: And that's the case of all.
Speaker 20: Printing cities across the United States. There is a chorte. Our number one problem is a lack of qualified, willing workers in our industry, and that's our fault. We did a bad job of promoting ourselves. And here at cincinn I time in Print Museum, we're going to change that well.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad to be able to help you achieve that goal. I just I find the whole thing fascinating. Now do you do his historic type printing? Like going back to my idea when I was in high school, or in elementary school you carved a wood block and then you put different colors and stamped it to make a graphic design poster.
Speaker 1: Does that work still being done there?
Speaker 20: Yes, the arts community still enjoys doing with a call minoleum blocks or ye woodcuts, and so that's being done and we will be offering in the future classes on that. But when you come to the museum, the first thing you're going to see as an authentic Johann Gutenberg printing press from fourteen fifty five. And Gutenberg's main invention wasn't the press, but it's something called mobile type individual letters that he could assemble to form words. Send this paragraphs and actual pages. And we'll go ahead and give you a little announcement here on June twenty fourth, twenty fifth, and twenty eighth, we're going to be honoring Gutenberg six hundred and twenty fifth birthday, and you can come museum and you can actually print page one of the Book of Genesis the way that he would actually have printed it, and did the individual be the one actually doing that printing, not mean you'll be doing it and then take a copy home.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a lot of fun and interesting and historically informative as well. Type and Print Museum since Anti Type in Print Museum online it's Cincinnati Type Print Museum dot Org. Schedule the tour and do it in advance. I'll just show up obviously. It's a very busy place. And man, I'm telling you real eye opening reality that there's a lot of opportunities for careers out there in the print world. Gary Walton, I really appreciate the time you spent with my listeners in me today. It's been really enlightening, informative, and I'm going to head on out there myself at some point. Good good, all right, brother, good luck out there. I'm sure you're gonna get your phone rigging. I'm sure you're gonna get your phone rigging a little bit. There's interested young people like you. Mean, I don't have to go to college and I can do that. Yes, absolutely, cutting edge stuff. Have a wonderful weekend, Gary, keep up the great work. It's eight forty nine fifty five KC detalk station one more mentioned from Gate to Heaven Cemetery. You know, I think about the stress of modern life, and you know, people need a time to exhale, be a little contemplative, maybe getting a prayerful mood, and you're looking for a change of environment, and you want to be in a beautiful, beautiful outdoor setting. Well, Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Montgomery is the place to be. Gorgeous landscaping, beautifully maintain setting for remembrance and reflection, rolling hills, mature trees, peaceful, very well landscape with the seasonal flowers coming up in the springtime and the trim lawns you got, reflective water features. A perfect location for a stroll and of course prayer and reflection. So find comfort and peace in the cemetery's quiet reverend surroundings. And it's open to everyone, non denominational, Welcome to all folks out there. Administering to the Tri State for more than seventy seven years, an honoring life on sacred ground.
Speaker 1: Learn more online. It's Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Did you hear a recent stash of