Speaker 1: On one Taco, Orlando's Rock Station one O one one Double j r R. Final day of a Rock the Bank cash giveaways for this go around, Taco.
Speaker 2: It's bittersweet, sad to see it go, but happy. We had so many listeners here that won and prospered with a thousand bucks here on Jr.
Speaker 1: And you have thirteen more chances today to try to win if you haven't yet. And also you said bittersweet, the good part is, you know we do these cash giveaways pretty frequently. It will be another round before you know it. Oh yeah, but participate today. You think about grabbing a thousand bucks to go into the weekend, you be macking first. One happens right around nine to oh five. Right. Any of us who have ever had the pleasant experience of trying to call a customer support line, no, A lot of times that doesn't always go like you might like it.
Speaker 2: Too, told you I dealt with it yesterday and I have to do it every month with my wife's car payment. And I'm like, let me just set this up online. Oh I did that, and guess what, they screwed it up. They've never been able to get it right now for how many years? Yeah, just months. It used to be good and then I don't know what happened. I think it was the bird flow in the cost bags or something.
Speaker 1: Culett Packard HP. Yeah, this week has rolled something out for their customers in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany and Italy, and it's anticipated additional countries will be receiving this treatment very soon. When you call their customer support in those countries, they are immediately making you wait for fifteen minutes. Oh, there's a fifteen minute waiting time minimum right out of the gate. They are kind enough though to come on and alert you that there are other ways to quote quickly resolve your issue with our website support. Yeah, we know that I can't go to the website because it's my computers down. That's why I'm calling you. Yes, So now I'm stuck. What do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Go to a library, we have a community computer. No there, you go watch their stocks HP.
Speaker 1: So I can only imagine if you're in one of those countries this week and you got that experience, and you finally wait and you finally get someone on the horn, and then it's somebody who you can't understand on top of it all, Oh.
Speaker 2: Cause you know it's gonna be you know what. I don't even like talking about customer support. Remember I got in trouble because now you said AI controls it, because I said, give me an m FN customer service and the AI recognizes that I'm cussing at them and says please. I think this is please watch the way you speak, or something like that. I'm thinking I'd pay you guys money to sit here for an hour trying to talk to somebody.
Speaker 1: I get to tell you.
Speaker 2: With HP, I'm just saying, in general, I forget which customer or which which customer service joint this was.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, though, what if I had to pick the lesser of two evils, dealing with somebody who's clearly offshore and sticking to a script and will not deviate from it, or you can't and you can't understand them, or an AI, I'd probably rather try my luck with the AI, because I'm just gonna blow a gasket with the other route. I mean, I have, I have the track record to prove it.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say, well, you blow a gasket with a lot of stuff. I know I do, so I thought you were gonna say, you'd rather deal with the little compared to the offshore. Can't understand you'd rather deal with the computer one in the bottom right where it says, Hi, I'm Alice from so and so.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, I think I'd rather deal with that. Now. Well that there's that. But my wife actually has an AI customer service representative the other day for something she had to deal with. Then it worked great, Yeah, worked great.
Speaker 2: It's great until they cut our heads off and then you know, crap oil down our throat or whatever's in all the robots.
Speaker 1: We'll be with you as soon as we can. Please go to our customer support online. I really I don't it.
Speaker 2: After yesterday's experience and so many other experiences with customer service, I'm like, but to have an AI thing tell me that I can't say m eff or to watch my tone. It was something so demeaning, and I'm like, now I'm gonna mention I'm coming down to bomb the building. Hey you know, And it's like, dude, I didn't you drove us to this.
Speaker 1: Amanda Zavitz is a sociology professor at Western University. She's a Canadian. She sounds interesting. She's a Canadian professor slash. She's running for a political office. Well, she was running for political office. What happened until some audio surfaced of her from a few years ago. She is a very forward thinking, white female professor, you know, very elite.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, wait, now she didn't have it. Wasn't audio of her going off on customer service, was it?
Speaker 1: No, I'm onto the next story. No no, not that I understand. I think what her intention might have been here, but the way it comes off, in the way it's really let me just play it for you.
Speaker 3: What she said, My secret is that I want to be a black woman. I want to be an expert in inequality with lived experiences of poverty and living in addiction and alcoholism. I want to be able to share my ideas without the barrier of looking the way that I do.
Speaker 1: She wishes that she was a black woman so she could experience the life, she implies, the typical life of a black woman with alcoholism and addiction and poverty and poverty, which, of course is a huge problem, but it's a huge problem across the board for lots of people, for every race. She's implying that just because you're black, Oh, all of a sudden you're you know, and that's how it came across and there's anymore. She's like, yeah, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to back out of office. Is she related to the old Did they used to run things up the Canadian one?
Speaker 1: Rob oh the forge? Yeah? No, okay, I wasn't sure. One of them is dead. The other one's still doing his thing there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one that was the epic, I mean, the best of the best of the one that died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: He was a gold It was a gold mine for news stories.
Speaker 1: So you know all this sub freezing weather that a good chunk of the country is experiencing right now. Yeah, some places, you know, down at or below zero. Uh, Michigan was in the deep freeze this week. Imagine being in a neighborhood where the temperatures have plummeted well below freezing and the water main in your neighborhood breaks. Oh no, there's an entire neighborhood that is encased in ice. What do you do everything, take a look on our face posts, do you get a jackhammer? What do you wait for spring?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, because you said yesterday you said some places where there was a place that read sixty below.
Speaker 1: Wind chill, wind chill, wasteill. That was in North Dakota.
Speaker 2: I think you walk outside here and a wind chills like you know, oh, thirty eight and you're reber, you walk out to sixty below wind chill, or.
Speaker 1: Walk out in your car is in several thick feet thick of ice. Everything's frozen on this whole street in place. Sorry, I'm not coming in today. What do you mean You're not going well? I like to come in today. I'm in the Waterman neighborhood. Kick it out of my kick it out of my front door.
Speaker 2: Everybody be ready. This is one more reason insurance rates will go up. It's not fires, it's not hurricanes, it's not earthquakes, it's not flooding.
Speaker 1: All we have ice, giant ice cube.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is somebody sending a message to us about all the deportations. Ice ice Baby Vanilla.
Speaker 1: You are a deep thinker. This moran demand download the iHeartRadio app