Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Easy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, we have not talked about the base off between Harvard University and the White House, and we're going to spend the last hour tonight talking about that. And I'd love to know who you think is right, who you think is wrong. The Trump administration has basically sent a letter to Harvard University, to the president of Harvard University, basically making it looks to me like eight specific demands that deal with similar subjects that overlap a little bit. So let me let me first of all read to the White House demands so that you can absorb them and digest them. And then Harvard is basically saying we are not going to cooperate. Now, Columbia University has cooperated with some of these demands. They were looking at a four hundred billion dollar amount of money that the administration was going to withhold Columbia, which was really the i think ground zero of some of the protests and the intensity of some of the programs. They faced a loss of four hundred million in federal funding. Actually agreed in March to major concessions. This according to an article out of the usas a Today yes, I believe it is by Elizabeth Bugh Miller reporting from Washington, in which they installed new oversight of its Middle Eastern, South Asian and African Studies department. Now, that was a problem area for Columbia, and I think Columbia was very smart to capitulate on that and to agree. I believe that was the one of those departments produced the professor who was on camera saying that he was exhilarated by what happened in Israel on October seventh of twenty twenty three. The Harvard situation is a little different. There is, as a matter of fact, there's a conservative presence on Harvard University. It's not to the extent that the Trump administration wants, that is for sure. And Harvard's acceptance standards were called into question by US Supreme Court decision a couple of years ago, which has changed the makeup of the freshman class, the incoming freshman class at Harvard, not only the one that is the freshman class now, but the one that will be assembled later this spring. But according to again, this is a reporter out an article written today, USA today. We see the USA today. I'm not sure. I think the other mighty might have been an ap story. I'm sorry for that confusion. But here are the demands that the Trump administrations made to Harvard. One, change the governance of the leadership to reduce the power of students, faculty, and administrators quote more committed to activism than scholarship unquote. That's pretty vague. That's I mean, you could accede to that, but it's pretty vague. How you comply with it? End quote. This is more specific all preferences based on race, color, religion, sects, and national origin unquote in Harvard's hiring and review existing faculty for plagiarism. Also to end similar preferences in its administration is admissions process. That's more specific. Three, change admissions processes quote to prevent admitting students hostile to the American value use and institutions inscribed in the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence unquote. Fairly vague, a difficult standard to comply with, frankly. Four, bring in an external party approved by the federal government to audit groups within the school for diverse ideological viewpoints. Well, there wouldn't be diverse ideological viewpoints within a specific group, but I think it is better to say, you know, make sure that there are diverse ideological viewpoints available. Clearly there's no diverse ideological viewpoint within a math with a math department, or even well certainly within a math department. Two and two or are always going to be four no matter what your politics are. Bring an external party approved by the federal government again to audit the groups within the school for diverse ideological viewpoints. That's not worded and that's not quoted, that could be incorrect. Bring in an external party improved by the federal government audit programs, quote, programs and departments that most fuel anti Semitic harassment or reflect ideological capture. I don't even know what ideological capture means. So that's a fairly broad and somewhat vague demand. Six pretty specific stop all DEI programs within the school. Seven updated students discipline policies where they are quote insufficient to prevent the disruption of scholarship, classroom learning, and teaching, or other aspects of normal campus life unquote. This demand also includes a mask man and that is the one demand that I think Harvard could easily comply with, should they want to comply. Eighth, create a process for any Harvard affiliate, and that would mean a student or a professor who could report noncomp alliance to university leadership and the federal government. In response, Harvard President Alan Garber said the demands overstep the power of the federal government. Quote, the university will not surrender its independence or relinquish its constitutional rights. Stephen Pinker, who is a professor's conservative at Harvard and has been on this show. He's a prominent Harvard psychologist who is also president of the Council and Academic Freedom at Harvard. He's been fighting for academic freedom set on Monday, it was truly Orwellian in self, contradictory to the government force viewpoint diversity of the university. He said, it would also lead to absurdities. Will this government force the economics department to hire Marxists or the psychology departments to hire Jungians, or for that matter, for the medical school to hire homeopaths of Native American healers? Good questions, anyway, That's where we are. So the question is, well, it's a serious questions. Do you think Harvard will comply. I think they're not going to comply. I think it will end up in court there's also the case with the state of Maine now where the Trump administration is going after Maine on the Title nine issue. I think the grounds there on Title nine are better. The Governor of Maine, Janet Mills, is saying this only affects like two students in Maine. I'm not so sure that's accurate. But this is again similar issue. This is Pam Bondi talking about suing the State of Maine for lack of compliance with Title nine. That's the transgender issue, where transgender athletes can compete against female athletes. Cut number thirteen. Please, that's the shorter version of cut thirteen. Please, Dan.
Speaker 3: Today the Department of Justice is announcing a civil lawsuit against the main Department of Education. The state of Maine is discriminating against women by failing to protect women in women's sports. Pretty basic stuff. This is a violation of Title nine. The Department of Justice will not sit by when women are discriminated against in sports. This is about sports. This is also about these young women's personal safety.
Speaker 2: My last comment before we go to phone calls, and we will go to phone calls right after the break at six one, seven, two, four, ten thirty or six one seven, nine, three, one, ten, thirty. Is it to me? Is amazing how many fights the Trump administration. We have not even hit the hundred daymarkyt I think the one hundred daymark yea February twenty eighth, fifty nine. With March, we're now at sixteen, so that we're getting up there around what seventy five and then you add another ten days, we are still two weeks away from one hundred day mark. This administration has opened up philosophical firefights on a number of fronts. I don't even know how they're able to keep up with the lawsuits that are going back and forth. I think the administration would be smarter to pick the fights that they are more confident of winning early and establish that trend, as opposed to picking as many fights as they possibly can within the first hundred days. We'll go to phone calls, Bob and California will start us off. On the other side. I know Bob will be loaded for Bear. I hope you are as well. Are you with Harvard or are you with Donald Trump? Late today, President Trump said that he and I'm not sure he has the ability to do this, might try to pull away from them their ability to be exempt their charitable exemption, as schools and hospitals are they have exemptions. I don't see how. I don't even see how Congress could pass what would be called the Bill of attain UH to make Harvard exempt from their their their status as a as a public institution that is non taxable. They're they're not they're non taxable exemption or their tax exemption, however you want to describe it better yet, their tax exemption six six seven. Who do you who do you think is right? And who do you think who are you rooting for? You may have some very serious doubts the breath of this. Trump approaches these as an art of the deal conversation, not as a a an action that is legally bulletproof. I think that is the difference that I'd like to focus on as well. Back on nights on after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night's Eye with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Sir Donald Trump, President, Donald Trump versus Harvard University? Who are you rooting for? And why you have the number? Six one seven two thirty, six one seven, nine thirty. This is WBC and Boston. We're heard over half the country. Uh, this is the quote of public opinion. Your voice matters. Bob in California. Bob, thanks for getting us going this hour.
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 5: Thank you, Dan?
Speaker 6: How are you doing good.
Speaker 2: It's been a busy night, been a very busy night here. I'm happy about that. This is this is a battle of the Titans.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I'm gonna make free comments. First of all, who is Harvard or any organization who are they to like push back on what the government is asking when they're being gifted with taxpayer money. We're giving them free taxpayer money, okay. And to the people listening, Joe taxpayer listening now, who works forty fifty hours a week, right, okay, they're taking money out of his wallet or her wallet, literally taking money out of their wallet and giving it to Harvard and these other tax free organizations. Now, and I want to keep this brace. I know I'm going on, but the fact.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you're fine. And by the way, let me just tell you that. And you're aware of this, but I want to make sure the audience is aware. Harvard probably has the largest endowment of any university, if not in America the world. They have an endowment that's estimated at fifty three billion dollars.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, And my point is my big point, And I'm really to your point. Where American taxpayers already subsidize these tax free organizations, these colleges, churches. We subsidize them because they pay no taxes. Now on top of that, we're supposed to give them billions of dollars. Are you kidding me? Taxpayer money? Right? I heard you say before the break, President Trump. I think he's onto something. I think it's time to revoke completely to five zero two c tax exempt kill that. Just eliminate that in Congress so it does not exist anymore. When you have churches during COVID, right, you had thousands of churches, Catholic churches and other churches take billions of taxpayer dollars during COVID. What are they doing? Why are they entitled to that? They don't pay any taxes? Harvard nine billion dollars of taxpayer money, and they.
Speaker 2: Are a part of that. Bob, Just in fairness here, just to make sure we're on the same page and you're accurate, about two point two billion and another six hundred million in grants go directly to Harvard. The ballance of the nine billion. A lot of it goes to hospitals that are affiliated with Harvard for minute medical research and all of that.
Speaker 6: So I mean for research, you know what, Yes, shot, they did medical research. I get it, and I'm sorry I've worked up. But people still pay thousands of dollars for vaccinations and pharmaceuticals and all that. The only one's benefiting by those tax dollars to the Harvard Hospitals, of the stockholders of the pharmaceutical companies and those hospitals. I'm going to say it again, and I hope other people agree. It's time to strike down the five h the tax state status eliminated.
Speaker 2: So I understand your point. Let me let me just share with you because I want you understand this and you know it and you're well informed, and I'm not trying to contradict you. I'm trying to ineffect of really flesh out what you're saying. According to this article that I've vetted is accurate, the two point two billion in multi year grants are to the universe, along with another sixty million dollar contract. So that's about However, you would you know two point two billion, and so add sixty million, so it's two point two six billion. That's a fraction of the nine billion in federal funding that Harvard received. Seven billion goes to the university's eleven affiliated hospitals in Boston and Cambridge, including Mass General, Boston Children's, Dana Farvard Institute. The remaining two billion goes to research grants directly for Harvard, including for space exploration, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer's disease, and tuberculosis. So it's not as if Harvard is putting the money in their pocket directly, but that money is flowing through Harvard to these medical institutions that are affiliated with Harvard for what we would hope are noble goals, and that is the elimination of you know, things like diabetes, cancer, at Alzheimer's disease, and tuberculosis. That's all just keeping it in perspective. But I think you represent the point of view of most people who are saying, why does it Why does a school with fifty three billion dollar endowment get extra money?
Speaker 6: It's absurd, It's absolutely absurd. And again I hope people listen and call up. They need to pressure Congress right revote finalgency for all organizations that haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't think that they. I don't think that Congress will revoke you know, the because every every member of Congress represents, you know, in some form of fashion, a college here or college there, maybe in a big college there, some hospitals, some churches, those those that's the acreage, if you will, that really is non taxable. Where you're you know, quarter acre home or the apartment building which you live does pay taxes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. Thanks again, Harvand I can't believe the goal that they have to actually make demands, right to make demands when I get it, they're being gifted all this money. It's ridiculous. Anyway, Thank you, Dan, a lot of other people.
Speaker 2: Thanks Bobby. I ap appreciate your call. Yeah, I love the passion of your call. You know that. Thank you so much. Bob's we're going to call a listener, I should say out in California. Let me go to Jeff in wal Dame, Jeff, you were next on Nightsige.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, well, bed Eve think Dan, my view is this now we're learning my views on Trump's uh stances toward other issues. I agree with him on this, and I'll tell you why because in so far as Harvard University more than other universities, more than most ever university, uh accommodates particular ideologies at the expense of others in terms of expressions thereof and free speech about them. Uh. If you are not going to allow, okay, all ideologies or points of view to be equally acceptable in terms of their expression on campus, then you should not be endorsing such an institution. You should not be funding it. In other words, it may be fine too to be to accommodate it and accept the expression of all ideologies. But we have an almost a welling in situation here where uh, you know, all ideologies might be created equal, but some ideologies are more equal than others.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, no, I do, I do understand that. But but let me let me cite ironic clad in last Sunday's Boston Globe. The front page cover of the Globe magazine was an article written by Adelaide Parker. She's a junior at Harvard, She's been on My show, she's a Globe correspondent. And the article is the return of the college Conservative. It's never been a better time to be a Republican on this campus. Young conservatives are back on campus. And they won't let you forget it. And the point was that I'm just going to reach the first paragraph. Okay, first two paragraphs, bear with me for second. It was the night of the twenty twenty four election, and the crowd at the Cambridge Queen's Head Pub in Harvard's Memorial Hall was buzzing with energy. People crowded around tables and against the Polish bar watching votes roll in on a projector screen. Some more tailored suits and as others were in flowy dresses. Most just wore sweatpants. Empty cans and plates pile with pizza crusts were strewn across the tables, and a mammoth Crimson flag hung from the ceiling. It was adorned with a photo of Donald Trump raising his fist in triumph after last year's last July's assassination attempt, along with the mantra Fight Fight Fight. It's ironic, according to Adelaide's Parker's piece, and we will have her on I hope in the next few nights. She's saying that there is a resurgence of either Republican or conservative viewpoint amongst the faculty and well even more so amongst the student body. At Harvard. So maybe it doesn't have to happen through government, can coercion, Maybe it can. It will happen spontaneously.
Speaker 4: Yes, And what you said actually is hardening to me.
Speaker 2: Well, you can read, Jeff, I know you're a reader. Read this article. It was last Sunday's Globe cover page. And you could just google it. Just you know, You're just google Adelaide Parker. Anyone can do that.
Speaker 4: I would appreciate the suggestion, but I just want to say one thing. Sure, I think it. I think it is unethical, uh and unprincipled. It's not blatantly immoral uh to use taxpayers' money to in effect, uh favor some ideologies and not others in a quite arbitrary fashion. That's why I'm with mister trump one.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, it's very much, thank you, very much, j appreciate your call. It's been going on for a while. Uh. Colleges have often attracted people, you know. I think businesses tend to attract people who, for the most part, as a general rule, and obviously many excepts, tend to be a little bit more conservative than people who are going and spending their times thinking great thoughts. At Harvard and elsewhere. Look, I've seen statistics when professors are asked at some of the big schools, not just Harvard, any of the Ivy League schools. University of Michigan, by the way, tomorrow night, since I mentioned the University of Michigan, we will be joined by doctor Marshall Rungi, he's the dean of the medical school at the University of Michigan. Will be joined by him tomorrow night at ten o'clock and we're going to be talking I interviewed him briefly last week. We're going to be talking about the physician shortage in this country. Now he's the dean of a very significant medical school, University of Michigan, in the Midwest. There is a shortage of PCP you know, primary care physicians, personal doctors, whatever you want to call them, everywhere everywhere. Why is that. We're going to drill down on why it is and what needs to be done to change it around. In the meantime, we'll continue to talk about this. Look, there are a lot of liberal professors, and again liberal professor in mathematics, there's no such thing as liberal math or conservative math. But in sociology and history, in politics, in government, in media. It's there's a bias. I don't know that the Trump administration is doing the right thing to attack this and approach this in what I would call a hymn fisted attitude. And I think probably Professor Steve Pinker, who is a conservative at Harvard, would agree with me. I actually called him the other day, didn't get a call back, like to get him on the show and talk about this. And I suspect my friend Harvey Silverglade would also be a little concerned about this, and maybe some of you are so far both callers is that are cheering on the president here. I think the president is arguing this in the court of public opinion. He may I think he has more solid ground legally the Title nine argument in Maine. I think that's a much more solid position to take legally. I've gone too long, Sorry about that. Here comes the news back right after the news here on Nightside. It's been a great night on Nightside. Stay with us.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray ONBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Before we get back to the callings, I just want to take a minute, and I've never done this before, but I want to take a minute and thank all of you who listen to my program regularly, all of you who take the time to call into my program. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. What is the most important element of this program from day one has been the voice of callers. You know me, you know my opinions. I'm not really looking to impose my opinions on anyone. I'm looking for a conversation. I'm looking for a program that might make you a little smarter, maybe not, but but forces you to think. That's what I'm all about. Okay, And and I'm I have never said this on the radio before, but I don't want this program to change. I want to have it a place. I wanted it be a program where people can go and feel comfortable when they call here. Yeah, we can have some heated conversations, but whatever your point of view, you are welcome here. You're welcome to express that point of view. And whether you disagree with me, I want you to call the program more so. Now I may be a different sort of talk show host. I don't like the sound of my own voice. Did you hear what I said? I don't think that there's anything matter about my voice, and that people are going to listen to this program so they can hear what I think. I think people listen to this program so they can they can compare what they think and what they believe to what others think and believe. And I think that's the secret sauce of this program. And I hope we never lose that. We've had three great programs this week. We've got a great program going tonight. But I just want to say thank you. Oftentimes on I end the program, I'll say I want to thank Rob, and I want to thank Ma reader, and tonight I want to thank Dan, and I want to thank the callers and the listeners. But I want to express it just for a moment right now in the middle of the show, to let you know how much I appreciate that you take the time to listen to my program, listen to me, listen to the comments of my listeners, and even more importantly participate because without you, I can't sit here for four hours and just talk and give you my opinions. Who's going to want to listen to that. I pick subjects I decide in consultation with Marita, the producer during the day, and she and I often disagree but I'm the one who's sitting here at night alone with you. I don't have a co host. I don't have a panel of people who I can bounce ideas off of. That's why you are so critical to this program. And I thank you for being there every night or whatever night you you are here. I really mean that from the bottom of my heart. Let me keep going here. Going to go to Linda in Saugust. Linda, thanks for calling in. How are you tonight, Linda?
Speaker 7: Oh? I am pretty good? Thank you. Yes, No, I'm sorry. I'm for the university, so I'm not just for Harvard Brown and all the great college you don't have.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be sorry. There's no apology, no apology necessary. I appreciate your part.
Speaker 7: I've listened to you years ago, and I just got to listen to Trump selection. I used to think of you as being more moderate. You're tend to be a very conservative conservative Trump person. I was. I am even conservative and became a moderate because I listened done more into both sides of everything. And I just feel your program is getting too to one sided, too conservative, and by the people that call you don't get too many people like me that have a different opinion.
Speaker 2: So well, let me, Linda, I can't think of any show. I am a conservative, you know that.
Speaker 7: But please please have gotten more in in the middle. I don't know, nobody ever knows issue. Let me just balance so I don't know. That's why and I and I could I.
Speaker 2: Just make one quick point for your maybe not go ahead, go ahead? Doesn't want a conversation, go ahea.
Speaker 7: I have friends that are both sides, and you know, people have been hoping for all these big things he's going to do. He's going too fast, too crazy with Elon Musk and all the things he's doing. And he's talking about a fourth you know, a third term. He wants to have his you know, picture on the currency. He's he's dangerous and it's just got it. And you know, if we let him get too far, too fast, we're all going to be very sorry in the long run. And that's what that's He scares me, and I know a lot of people feel that way, that is scared by him. And just with him going after Harvard that does a lot of good things, you know, with all the medical stuff, with all the hospitals. But don't just Hobbard Brown and all the others at Stanford. He's going after all of them. Why is he doing this.
Speaker 2: Linday, You've taken a breath. So I'm just going to make a quick comment, if you don't mind, go ahead, and that is I don't think you've lived. I'm a conservative, but no one has ever, in all seriousness listen to my program and thought that I'm sort of a Trump supporter. I believe that some of the positions he's taken are needed. I think our border needed to be closed. I think that people who are in this country and are committing criminal actions against Americans need to be deported. Okay. I have been critical of the pace of what he's done, the number of causes that he has taken on, and if you listen to me tonight, implicit in my comments was that I think he may be overreaching in his efforts to to criticize and change Harvard's philosophy. I quoted Stephen Pinker, who is a conservative on college at Harvard, who was saying exactly that. So you know, you can think of me any way you want. Your point of view is always welcome here on any night, on any issue, and find another talk show in America. Where you will have as many different points of view as nightside. I don't think you'll find one.
Speaker 7: I'm not trying to compare you with somebody any other talk show, because I don't listen. I never listened to any other talk show, so I can't compare you with anybody. And it doesn't really matter. It's more what we're talking about is this show, and it just is scary, and I think people need to be a little bit more focused on what is happening. You know, I have friends that are Jewish or whatever, and I wish the Jewish community would stand up. I mean, the student a right. I believe in the students having rights to give their opinion, whether you agree with them or not.
Speaker 2: They have Linda, Linda, they have the right. Students have the right to their opinion. They do not have to They do not have the right to prevent other students from going to class. They do not have the right to insult students who happen to be Jewish. What has gone on in college campuses towards Jewish students in the wake of October seventh has been abysmo abismo. So that's one that you and I might disagree on.
Speaker 7: So well, I saw when I saw there really demonstrating wasn't to do with because of being against Jewish people. It's the fact of what was going on in Gaza, about thousands such when.
Speaker 2: They when they chant, when they chant from the river to the sea, do you know what that means? Well, you have no idea. What that means is get rid of Israel from the river to the sea, from the Jordan river to the sea. Linda, we've gone about eight minutes here, and actually we've gone a little We've gone about seven minutes. Do me a favor, continue to listen this program. Call more often. I need your voice. I want to have a balanced audience.
Speaker 7: And I mean yes, I said I have Jewish friends. Has nothing to do with being cherished Jewish children killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well there were a lot of children and a lot of infants who were killed on October seventh, Linda. And if that attack had never occurred, guys who would not have been bombed. But we'll leave that. Let's leave that for our next conversation.
Speaker 4: Fair enough, okay.
Speaker 7: And it's still going.
Speaker 2: At them and they will and they should. Thanks Linda, to talk to you soon. We'll take a break. We'll be right back. I'm going to try to get everybody in. Went along with Linda, because I want to make the point that all points of view are welcome here. Doesn't mean that I'm not going to engage you in a conversation, but you're welcome. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Nice Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Very rarely do I check my messages during the show, but Jim writes, oh my god, your show more points of view than any show I've listened to. Apparently Linda doesn't listen too often. I hope Linda listens more often, and I hope she calls more often. We got four calls. I'm going to try to get everybody in, so everybody's going to get a little short changed. I apologize for that. Let's go to Matt in Pembroke. Matthew and Pembroke, Matth go right ahead, sir.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan, I'll make it quick. Every time I'm in the car, and it's just the more I listen, the more it just gets me going. I work hard, I do a lot of overtime. I do really well for myself, but I pay a lot of taxes I've hid thirty thousand dollars in pedrol taxes. They have the gall to ask for money be given two billion dollars when they have a war chest. They sound more like a financial institution. I think these people that are up at the top of the should take a hat, pooping it and pull it down over their freaking heads because they don't deserve They're a financial institution. They're not a university.
Speaker 2: Uh Jim, we let that one in very descriptive.
Speaker 8: All right, so I won't hold you much longer, Dan, Dan, you do a great job. You're very diverse with your callers, and you do a great job.
Speaker 4: Keep it up.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Matt, thanks so much. I want you to call more off and I enjoyed the call. Thank you, Thank you so much. Let's go to Walter and Debt.
Speaker 1: HM.
Speaker 2: Hi, Walter, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 5: How you doing this? I'm calling what Donald Trump wants to do because they're getting out of control with the university's taxi SENSI. Now the people are coming out of the radicalized. They're supposed to they're not supposed to be doing that. So if they come out, what they should do is take a tax exemption from the universities, no matter which one it is. I mean, they have reason for going to school, and it's not just to go out come out radicalized. I'm sorry, that's the way I feel.
Speaker 2: Well, that's okay. I think again. I think that that that some people go into into college and they go into the into it with the attitude I'm gonna listen to what the teacher said. I'm not talking about in math, there's there's only rights and wrong answers in in math, for example, you know, if you put two two on the board to a two plus two, it has to be four. But when you're in a sociology class, you're in a psychology class, you're in a polypsyd class, you're in all of those so called you know, soft humanities or whatever points of view come in and whether you support this point of view or that point of view. And a lot of students go in and say, look, I'm just gonna, you know, regurgitate back what the professor tells me because my grade is most important. And that's unfortunate because a lot of professors have a position of authority simple as simple as that, So I understand what you're saying. And then others go in and and they get kind of blown away. They don't think for themselves. And the idea is the same thing with I want people to call this program who think for themselves. I want people who call this program not to regurgitate what I have to say. If they agree with me, fine tell me why give me an argument why you agree. Just that's that's all we're trying to say here. I want this program to be something that that is, that's that's entertaining, and that that's informative. Uh, and maybe causes people to think. That's what we're talking about. I appreciate your call so much, Walter.
Speaker 5: What I'm talking about, Dan, is they go into college, and once they come out radicalized, they should take the text exemptions away from whichever columns they're coming out of.
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand that position. I understand that position. I'm not in favor of taking tax you know, exemptions away from colleges, churches, and hospitals because they do a lot for our society. But we can disagree on that. But I certainly am very concerned about colleges that are not balanced, that colleges that they want diversity, equity, inclusion, but they don't want any philosophical diversity. That's the point I was trying to make. Thank you, Walter, thank you appreciate it all right. I got David in San Francisco. David, were really tight on time. You got to get right to it.
Speaker 9: Go right ahead, Oh, I can do it pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 9: Nine hundred years ago, the Magna CARDI got put together because the old King of England was not looking out for the people, and the people needed repairs from medical problems at cholera and smallpox and black plague and whatnot, and the king wasn't doing anything about it. So universities were put together once they've broke free from the king. Universities were put together to help combat diseases. Universities were put together to put together law schools so that the people would be able to have representation. Harvard provides a medical school, it provides law school. And Trump is obviously a criminal. He's trying to avoid Okay, he's you.
Speaker 2: Know, David again, if you want to go off and call people criminals, I mean that's not what we do here, you know that. So hit the planks for me, if you please, and we're going to have a gonna dump David in San Francisco, Harvard. Have a great night, David, probably again, let me get Matt and Charlton. Matt got I got about thirty seconds for you. What can you do with it?
Speaker 10: Matt, Damn, I just fail that if if they're going to do that to the colleges, they should do it to the churches as well, and maybe not a tax, but a payment in lieu of taxes, like a pilot program of some sort.
Speaker 2: But yeah, a lot. Well, there are a lot of schools that do do payments in lieu of taxes. Interesting point, Matt and I tend to believe that that we should give churches, hospitals and university college's a tax break. My friend Bob and who's as good a friend of mine as anybody who calls this program disagrees. That's what this show is all about. Matt.
Speaker 4: Agree, you do a great job. I appreciate you you talk about I have a great night.
Speaker 2: Thanks for to touch you soon. I will be back tomorrow night. Look what I said before I meant, and that is I'm indebted to all of you for supporting this program, for listening to this program. If you happen to buy the products of the advertisers. That's all the better, but I just want you to be loyal to the show and listen. I hope you can join us. On Sunday, April twenty seventh, we're doing a nightside brunch listeners at the Roly Restaurant in Needham or in Westwood. Excuse me. I will be on Facebook at nightside with Dan Ray in a couple of minutes, so talk about that. Join us then, Great job, Dan Cantano, Great job Marita. All dogs, all cats, all pets, they go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie raised, who passed fifteen years ago. That's where in February. That's why your pets are. They loved you, You loved them. We'll see again, see again in more night everybody on Nightside