Speaker 1: Ronald McDonald in the land of Japan has pronounced a little bit differently, but for a really good reason. We'll tell you what that pronunciation is in just a moment. If you do plan to travel this Memorial Day weekend, you're not alone. It's going to be one of the busiest Memorial Day travel weekends ever.
Speaker 2: But the good news kind of is is.
Speaker 1: That gas Buddy says the national average for a gallon of gas is going to be about three eighteen, which is quite a bit more than what we pay, but it's going to be the cheapest Memorial Day gas since twenty twenty one. And they also went on to say that, adjusted for inflation, to be the lowest Memorial Day gas prices since two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, good, those numbers are going in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Experts say it's one of the bright spots in the economy is the price of gas is coming down. By the way, Triple A says that over thirty nine people will travel by car over the holiday weekend, of three percent from last year. So if you're going somewhere, put your patients hat on as you head out, because there's been a lot of other people out there yeah, I can't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I don't have my patients had on anytime I'm driving, much less in Memorial Day weekend traffic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I might kill somebody.
Speaker 2: And of your little road stops on the way, they're gonna be busy, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Get your snacks and your corn nuts and your doctor peppers.
Speaker 2: All the goodies.
Speaker 3: You're cherry sours, cherry sours, and go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: All right, speaking of food and such, McDonald's Ronald McDonald in the land of Japan is pronounced Donald McDonald's, and the reason for that is there's no clear our sound in Japanese, right, So Donald McDonald.
Speaker 4: Donald McDonald is where you're gonna be eating.
Speaker 3: And I think that's hilarious because you and I were just talking about the movie Coming to America with Eddie Murphy when they had McDougall's in the movie instead of McDonald's.
Speaker 1: And mister McDougall said he was explaining that. Eddie Murphy said, you see at McDonald's, they've got two whole beef patty special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed. But now we hear at McDougall's have the same thing, but we don't have them.
Speaker 3: We deleted, not that they added something to make it better.
Speaker 4: They deleted the sesames to different.
Speaker 1: The sesames away, and that's what the difference was between McDougall's and McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Such a funny storyline in that movie.
Speaker 3: I know it's hilarious, but then I reminded me of this. It's not Ronald McDonald, it's Donald McDonald's.
Speaker 1: And that's what they probably have at McDougall's, right, it probably is Donald McDougall, kind of Ronald McDonald.
Speaker 2: I love knockoff stuff though, yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes funny little they get a little bit of a funnier twist on it.
Speaker 1: I couldn't be I could never be that person though. That just does a McDougall's like you copied.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 3: It's not the same, right, it's not. It's totally different. There's a lot to be said for originally right. So anyway, don't know if you're planning on going to Japan, but that's something you need to know if you do. All right, stay with us, We've got more coming.
Speaker 4: On three point one Austin.
Speaker 2: Hey, we love hearing from you guys. Via text.
Speaker 1: Do that at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred Again seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. You know what's funny is I have text conversations with our listeners all day long, even up until like close to bedtime. Really, I'll we be responding to some of them, and uh, you know, like someone will be I just texting them and they're like, what are you doing, like watching the hockey game or whatever.
Speaker 2: They're like, Oh, yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: It's just funny, right, because it's sad that I can't get in on that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want you any part of that. You can be offensive. What stories we love?
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone, and now from the Lestra Old Studios, it is.
Speaker 1: Li'sha.
Speaker 4: All right you guys. Sad news Norm has left the bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: George Went, who starred in Cheers as Norm, died Tuesday morning.
Speaker 4: He was seventy six.
Speaker 3: There's no word on the cause of his death, but if his family says he died peacefully in his sleep while at home, I feel like there's really no better way to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Peacock made a cool montage of every time Norm entered the bar.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, You want to hear it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I haven't known everybody, lay down?
Speaker 5: What do you know?
Speaker 2: Not enough?
Speaker 5: Haven't anybody be me a Paul One? Guys, I like it? Anybody I was life drinking your Norm. I just ran over its dog my nipples. It's freezing out there.
Speaker 6: I am gonna need something to kill time before my second beer? How about a first one?
Speaker 4: The drawer, I know, he just was. It was such an iconic character.
Speaker 3: And then people were like, there's somebody on the trail that I see all the time. And she's like, I like it. It's like you're the mayor of the walking Trail. And she's like, they call me Norm out here. Really he's always around. I thought that was kind of funny. But George went. He played Norm on all eleven seasons of Cheer. Cheers earned him more than enough drinks in real life. He said, everywhere he went people would send him beers. Oh yeah, and he got six Immis nominated for six Simmis because of his role. Yeah, I know, Super said, I mean, he was in a bunch of other things, but I feel like I will only ever associate Oh yeah, Cheers.
Speaker 2: It'll always be Norm, I know.
Speaker 4: And then so some of the Cheers.
Speaker 3: Castmates paid tribute to Ted Danson said it's gonna be take me a long time to get used to this. I love you Georgie. Rea Pearlman said he was the sweetest, kindest man she ever met. And then Kelsey Grammer, who kind of self stand office right even his character, said I liked Georgie a lot.
Speaker 4: He was beloved by millions.
Speaker 2: He was a fairly young guy when he did George. I just did the quick map.
Speaker 1: The show ran from eighty two to ninety three, so he was like thirty three years old.
Speaker 4: He looked older than that, though, right.
Speaker 2: Norm always looked older. Did we ever know what Norm did like for a lit like? Is what?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think we did.
Speaker 1: H I see the real name of the of the bar is the Bullfinch Pub in Boston. It's still there, Yep, it's still there. It looks like the outside looks different, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: On that same iconic sign that you would see in the show.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since I was there, though last time I was in Boston a few years ago with my buddy Marlin about had had enough of Marline on the trip, and he was like, come on, let's walk over and see the Cheers bar. And I'm like, dude, we even walk in for four hours. I don't need to see the cheers bar. I've seen it on television. You were just mad because you were walking everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everywhere.
Speaker 3: We'll rip to the George, Rip to the George norm that's the story.
Speaker 2: We love more coming up. Okay, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I did enjoy some of the television shows that our daughter watched when she was a small land, but not as much as Tricia loved the shows when she was a small man.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Landry and I would make TV watching dates for well, you had a TV watching date with her for Henry Danger. Yes, you loved Henry Danger and the thunder Man. But when she was little, Kayu loved Kayu. Some people hate I always.
Speaker 4: I miss Elmo. Elmo is hearing from Elmo.
Speaker 2: And Charlie and Lola.
Speaker 4: Charlie and Lola, the happiest theme song in the world. I'm not pick this is maya pres Mummy, Pick.
Speaker 3: Hours of pa pick a lot of Peppa Pig you guys, here's what I think is incredible. For some reason on the show, they decided that they wanted to have Peppa's family expand, so Mummy Pig was pregnant for a while. That got reported in the media, and now she has finally had that baby and media outlets are reporting on it as if a real, live child has been born.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would think it was like a member of the royal family had right.
Speaker 3: Mummy Pig called in and did a special call in with the Today Show yesterday revealed that the name of the new baby sister is Evie and that she was born at five point thirty four.
Speaker 4: A m a Pig had one baby. That's that is weird, right, Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So people are acting like, especially over in Britain, that an actual, like another royal child has been born. I will tell you that the moment that I found out that Mummy Pig was pregnant, I immediately said to myself, Thank goodness, Landry is a teenager and I don't have to explain to her as a tiny Landry, how did Mummy Pig president?
Speaker 4: What is that? How did that go? That's the first thing I.
Speaker 1: Thought at there's some moms or Grandma's out there listening to us right now. They're like, oh gosh, how about them? Think of that was Pepa's dad on the scene.
Speaker 3: Much Yeah, didn't you hear his dad, daddy Pig snort in the intro?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're a big, happy family.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny, I know.
Speaker 1: So that means all new episodes and all the attention is going to be on ev Yeah.
Speaker 3: It comes back in the fall with new episodes, and the baby Evie is going to debut in an hour long special called Pepa Meets the.
Speaker 4: Baby, which we'll play in theaters.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yes, I wonder if Pepa's going to be ugly to the baby.
Speaker 2: You know how some kids can be.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet so, because I feel the whole point of the show is to teach kids how to regulate their emotions.
Speaker 4: So I bet there's a little bit of in there with sibling rival.
Speaker 2: All Pepa has to say to the baby is it's the Pepa Pig Show.
Speaker 4: It's not the it's not the av Pick Show.
Speaker 1: It's called Peppa Pig and I'm Pepa.
Speaker 2: Oh, stay with us. We've got more coming up. One of three point.
Speaker 1: As you know, maybe it's a good sign that there's a big debate right now about how the correct way to put on a bra would be, rather than other debates that it seems like everyone in this country is having over things they know little.
Speaker 2: About else, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Political arguments and this and that's and gotcha's and but what about the time they did this? And what about that? And this is just a good old fashion? How do you put on a bra the right way? What's the scoop on this?
Speaker 4: All right? I don't know how this came up.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was a TikTok question or something on Reddit. But people have clear sides as to how they think women think that they should be able to put on bras to the point where Jenna in the fourth hour of the Today's Show, when she had a co host Aaron Andrews with her, they weighed in on it as well. It's getting a lot of attention. There are only two ways that I know of to put on a bra. The way that I put on a bra is I put the cups behind me and it's a backlatch bra, and I latch it in front so I can see what I'm doing. And then I twist the bra around and I put my arms.
Speaker 4: Through the bra straps, and then you tuck the.
Speaker 3: Ladies in, and then I get them all situated in the cups, right right right. The other side of the debate is you put it on, you put your arms through the straps, the cups are already covering the ladies, and then you reach behind you and blindly hook the hook.
Speaker 4: That doesn't seem like the right way I feel.
Speaker 3: I I because sometimes there's two hooks on a bra, not just one, and so you got to get both of them hooked at the same time. I feel like it's a higher degree of difficulty hooking it behind your back.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that, I remember about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but people are very the line has been drawn in the sand.
Speaker 4: People think their way is the best way.
Speaker 2: So didn't you.
Speaker 1: And your friend Sean sing a song about bras did Bette Midler?
Speaker 2: Did she have a song about it?
Speaker 3: From the show Beaches? Auto Titsling Auto Titsling invented the bra. I could sing every word that song right now that I Am not going to the bra was actually admitted by Currie Crosby. Really not in the Beaches Beaches movie. It is admitted by Auto Tits.
Speaker 1: In nineteen fourteen, she created a lighter, more comfortable alternative to corsets using two handkerchiefs and a ribbon.
Speaker 3: All right, well, she started at all. I just don't see how the people and I feel like at a certain age too, you are unable to hook it behind your back. You gotta be pretty bendy to get back there. Yeah, it just seems like there's a lot of error could happen too. And if people really have a problem with it, you can buy bras that have the front closure clasp.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I have seen one of those since high school. What do you mean? I just remember those around. I remember them from high.
Speaker 3: School and in high school, wouldn't you have automatically gone behind?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But that but that's when they whispered to the.
Speaker 4: Trick bra, trick bra. That's what that is.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of false advertising in bras.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I remember the water bra.
Speaker 2: Oh. I remember girl I work with had one and she jiggled every time she moved.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, it's great to attract the people. Then when you take it off, you're likenh But this is really what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think this day and age, people are more welcoming of the tiny boobies.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. Yeah, I think you're right. Well, whatever way you put on your bra, just be you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just wear the bra however you want to wear it. Don't wear one if you don't want to do whatever.
Speaker 2: You want to burn one if you want to burn it.
Speaker 4: If you feel like you need to.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming up on one O three point one, Austin's eighties station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. I seem to have passed on my love of the Wienermobile to our daughter because she gets geeked up when she sees the Wienermobile.
Speaker 3: It's weird how often we've seen it too in her lifetime.
Speaker 1: Remember, she and her friends just walked to the Walmart and about lost their minds when they crested the hill and saw the Wienermobile in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: Marked in front of the Walmart like some kind of promotion.
Speaker 3: And then she got a Wiener whistle, which she for a long time as a little landry said was her most price possession for Wiener whistle.
Speaker 1: Well, the Wiener Mobile is making it summer debut at the Indianapolis five hundred for the Wieni five hundred.
Speaker 4: A Weeni five hundred the.
Speaker 1: First competitive race for the entire Wiener Mobile fleet. It's also the first time all six vehicles have gathered in over a decade.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I feel like that.
Speaker 3: I feel like if they're all in the same place at the same time, something crazy could happen, like the world explodes or something too much power in one spot.
Speaker 1: I got to ride in the Wienermobile years ago, and it's still one of the highlights of my career in radio. You get to do a lot of fun things, you know what I mean. You like to get to go to amusement parks before they open, or trips to Disney and things like that. But honestly, like, oh well, I also got to start to Bartam and Bailey Circus once.
Speaker 4: Is that when you wrestled the bear.
Speaker 1: No, that was in halftime of a CBA basketball game. Such weird question, minor league basketball ustle. The bear named Waldough and I beat him, And that's important to note everyone.
Speaker 2: Please remember that because.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a trained bear number one, it probably wasn't up sedated at any way.
Speaker 1: It may have been under the influence a Waldough, But again, one of the highlights is have it getting to ride around in the Wiener Mobile many many, many years ago. And I think it's the greatest promotional vehicle ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 2: I mean, how do you miss it?
Speaker 4: There's not a.
Speaker 3: Single person who will spot a Wiener Mobile and go, oh my god, the Wiener Mobile exactly.
Speaker 4: There's nobody alive that doesn't freak out about seeing it.
Speaker 1: For the life of me, I can't remember what they call the kids, the marketing kids that drive it around.
Speaker 2: For hot doggers hot doggers.
Speaker 3: There will be included in the Weeni five hundred custom Hotdogger racing suits and a finish line celebration in the Wieners Circle.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: That's great, and a hot dog for the champion.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: And they're representing the different parts of the country, like the Chili Dog is going to represent the South, the Sonoran Dog going to represent the Southwest, the New York Dog the East Coast, the Chili Dog the Midwest, and the Seattle Dog is is going to represent the Northwest.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing about this is that the celebration will take place in the Wiener Circle.
Speaker 4: That's what makes me laugh the most.
Speaker 1: I went to the Indianapolis five hundred. Oh gosh, it's probably been seven or eight years ago, and I didn't really know much about I knew what indian racing was, but I wasn't a huge fan.
Speaker 2: But I left a fan.
Speaker 4: Really, it's really impressively fun.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, Sandy, don't know if you saw this little fact or not, but the race happens on Friday, two o'clock Eastern time, and it's going to stream live on Fox Sports Apps.
Speaker 1: All right, now we've got to go. We got to get out of here. If you're just getting here, get here a little bit earlier.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We'll also take one vote one text message the first one that comes through for the Sandy Show MVP.
Speaker 2: I'll be tomorrow. Can't text now? You text now? Won't count?
Speaker 1: Have the number handy seven three seven threes aer A one ninety six hundred. And you can also grab the podcast version of the show. Just search the Sandy Show where you get podcasts. Trisha share with everyone some of the things.
Speaker 4: We learned, all right.
Speaker 3: The most exciting thing we learned about this weekend is the Weeni five hundred, Sandy.
Speaker 4: That's big deal, big deal.
Speaker 3: All six of the Wiener mobiles, the fleet of wienermobiles, are going to make an appearance at the Indianapolis five hundred this weekend. They are going to raise each other on Friday. You can watch it live on the Fox Sports app and it's called the Weeni five hundred and the winner will be celebrated in the Wieners Circle.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: And all of the hot doggers, the guys and gals who drive the winermobiles will have custom racing suits, very official, very.
Speaker 4: Fun, very fun.
Speaker 3: If you say you're not amazed by a wienermobile, you're lying that inside it's a true engineering genius.
Speaker 4: Right exactly.
Speaker 3: Another thing we talked about today was the debate between the correct way to put on a bra women are debate if you put it on straps on your shoulders, cups in front, and then reach behind your back and hook it versus twisting it behind you with the cups on your back, hook it in the front, and then you twist it around to put your arms through the straps.
Speaker 4: I don't know why this is a heated debate.
Speaker 1: I don't either, but it certainly seems like the second one is that would be the easier way.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like that hooking it on your back, that's a young girl's game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. Definitely yep.
Speaker 3: And finally we are sad to say Norma has left the bar. George went died at the age of seventy six, peacefully in his sleep, which is how I hope to go when I'm much, much, much older. But here's a little tribute to say goodbye to norm before I play that. Can I tell you reson?
Speaker 1: I was visiting with someone and some I were talking about dying and stuff, and he's like, I just want to go out in a blaze of glory, like a meteor hit or a missile strike or something like that.
Speaker 4: I really significant, it was serious.
Speaker 1: Really huh interesting rip to the George here he is, of course an season is norm on chairs and when he entered the bar it was always a big deal.
Speaker 5: Halft, need everybody.
Speaker 2: Pay down?
Speaker 5: What do you know? Not enough? Han't anybody better give me a pall one? Guys?
Speaker 3: I like it?
Speaker 5: Need anybody. I was life drinking your norm just ran over its dog my nipples it's freezing out there. How can I don't believe?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 6: Well, I am gonna need something to kill time before my second beer. How about a first one.
Speaker 1: Have a great day everyone, Thanks for being here. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody.