Speaker 1: It's the stuff these kids that are protesting.
Speaker 2: People aren't talking about.
Speaker 1: They are making it so difficult, so chaotic.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krc D Talk Station. It's eighth five here at fifty five rc DE Talk Station. A very happy Friday eve to you. Bottom of the hour. iHeart met the aviation expert Jay Ratliff, and of course we will be talking about that tragedy in Washington, DC in the meantime. I'm pleased to welcome to the fifty five krc Morning Show for the first time, hopefully not the last, John Gordon. He is the host of the syndicated radio show The Truth with John Gordon. Fellow lawyer, he is a graduate Commercier University Law School in Georgia, business owner, entrepreneur. He's worked as a journalist and reporter in Making, Georgia as well as Atlanta, Georgia. Also ran as a Republican candidate to be Georgia's age Attorney General back in twenty twenty two and endorsed by Donald Trump. Welcome to the Morning Show, John Gordon. A real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Brian my spear not the first person to say it, but it's easy to make the observation Donald Trump hit the ground sprinting. I mean, he has accomplished more in his first couple of weeks in office than Joe Biden could account for in four full years in office. Among all of the different things that Trump has done so far, have you been impressed by anything in particular? I mean, it's an impressive record thus far, and I think most people are pretty pleased with what's going on.
Speaker 1: There's so much to talk about as hard to pick just one. I mean, one of the things I'm ecstatic about is that he has ordered all federal workers to report for work, come to work, clock in, sit in your desk and work. Don't stay at home and watch Oprah whatever you're watching, or maybe they're listening to Brian Thomas for all I know. I'm not sure, but I know they're not working to earn their paycheck, and that in itself is going to have a tremendous impact because I predict, as come did that a large percentage of those workers are just going to say, oh, if I have to come to work, forget it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's going to bear fruit. I've seen estimates that they believe about ten percent of the federal workers will take the buyout option, which will keep them with a salary until I guess September. So go on vacation and have your salary, but don't come back to work. Maybe that number is even low. I guess we'll keep our pop going out and see what happens. But I think it's interesting to observe John, and I doubt many of my listeners would think that the federal workers, although we're working remotely when using my quote fingers here, are not working remotely at least to the level they would have to work if they were in the office. As low as that might be. But isn't it a great thing to think about when you think none of us out here in the real world are really bothered by the fact that they're not showing up and doing their jobs every day. Maybe we can cut well.
Speaker 1: I'm upset about it, and I have been upset about it. I have this paradigm that there's a great number of workers in government in general. And this is not an indictment of every government worker, no, but certainly a large number of them are lazy. They don't want to work, they're taking money that they're not earning and their knee jerk reaction to every decision that they're asked to make is simply to say no or to impose their authority on others. And it's sickening. And I think Trump is going to change the model, as he should. You know, the federal government used to be a model for what government should look like. They attracted the best and the brightest, and they were in where they were conscientious for the most part. Not so today. It has become a morass of laziness and they're unpunishable, and you get their voicemailed. They don't respond to emails. It's just untenable. But then you know they're rounding up members of the cartels. They arrested a guy in New York just day before yesterday who was one of the guys who had the AK forty seven that barged into the apartment and commandeered it in Aurora, Colorado. Yeah, they have put him in shackles and they're hauling his ass and thrown him back into Guatemala or wherever he was from, maybe Columbia, I'm not sure. And then the tariffs that Trump is imposing, he's not being punitive, he's just saying, guys, if you're going to tear off us, we're going to tear if you back. What's wrong with that? And so there's just so much right with what he's doing, and that's why people are celebrating and joining to support what he is doing because he's governing for us. I truly believe he's governing for the American people.
Speaker 2: Well, no question about it. A populist nature of the Republican Party these days, moving away from the old days when they were viewed as the party of big business. Clearly there's been a sea change in that in the alignment of the parties with large businesses. But flipping over, I was I was blessed to have in studio John Gordon earlier this morning the Division three Young Marine of the Year. This young lady sixteen years old is just so exceptional. Her name Abby Smith, and I know full well a young lady like Abby is confident and as proud as she is for her country. The idea that she has truly American values, represents freedom and liberty and understands the importance of those values. Would not be someone who would appreciate being forced to deal with DEI classes in the military. I mean these in the American military as as just one big giant indoctrination camp, much like the nation's universities. I was pleased to see Donald Trump roll that back and Pete Heggs, that's all over that. In terms of restoring the American military to the fighting force, it needs to be.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. The model was upside down, and now it's being turned back on its feet, and meritocracy and confidence and conscientiousness are going to rule the day as they should, and there's room for everybody. I mean, if you're a minority and you have gotten a good education or you've got a CV that qualifies you, you will receive every consideration for any federal jobs. It as and it should be that way. There's no room for discrimination. But this notion that because you are a minority you should get a job because of the color of your skin or the place of your birth is lunacy. And so I'm glad to see it coming to an end. And so is everybody else except for the socialist Democrats like Kamala Harris. Everybody else is running tomorrow Largo to kiss the ring and tell the president that they support him, even his detractors, and Kamala Harris is saying fight, fight, fight. She I wonder where she got that slogan from. And there's no fighting now. The fight is over except for America first and the America first. That's what we have to fight for. And our freedoms, our freedom of speech, our Second Amendment. Those are the fights, not political infighting and partisan politics. It's time to join hands as Americans, come together and do what Trump said, make America great again.
Speaker 2: I'm all about it, and I think one of the challenges we face in making America great again is that so many people have bought into and something I do not believe in this religion, that is that we are somehow altering the weather by just merely existing. Our exhalation has been viewed as a pollutant, even though it's plant food. And all these efforts to get people in electric vehicles, you know, I mean, what no greater illustration than what's happening out in California, the wildfires, at which they blame on global warming, but we all can point to the failed policy positions. But now they're all complaining out there, and they've issued hazards because the electric vehicles that melted have created a massive toxic waste dump in Los Angeles, and it's rolling in to the oceans and polluting the beaches. I mean, how long do you think they can perpetuate the myth that electric vehicles are somehow good for the planet.
Speaker 1: Well, you and I can discuss that. I have an electric car. I happen to love it. I know that right now, godfriends, right now, go aheadkay, right now? Electric cars and ice vehicles contribute about the same amount to depletion of resources and pollution. The curve is changing. However, as batteries are developed, we will require less mining of lithium, and we will recycle the batteries and rejuvenate them. I am not a tree hugger, I do. I am, however, a conservationist, and I do believe it is incumbent upon each of us to leave the planet better than we found it. I think that long term electric vehicles and solar is the way to go, and I am a scaunch believer in that. But what happened to the EV tax credits? I thought Elon Musk was Trump's best friend. Surely Trump would reward him by leaving the EV tax credits in place.
Speaker 2: How do you reconcile that because you shouldn't need tax credit. If you build it, they will come. If it's product, good or service that people actually want and demand, they'll get it. And I know a lot of people have electric vehicles, and I understand, I'm a car guy. They have insane acceleration and torque, instant torque. You don't have to wait for a power curve. So from a performance standpoint, I have total respect for them. But from you know, along from a duration standpoint, from me, you know how long you're you going to go on a charge standpoint, from the charging, the charging up, the battery time that you must spend. I mean know it takes me three or four minutes to fill my gas tank. I like the convenience of having the gas station on the corner that is reliable and I don't have to worry about my battery catching on fire and burning down my neighborhood and before the fire department shows up and spends three days trying to put it out.
Speaker 1: But well, I think there's a bit of hyperbole in that. That is not my experience, Brian, I'm not yet. I've had my car for three years. Let me tell you how many times I've taken it into the service, into the shop to be serviced. Would you like to guess?
Speaker 2: Probably none?
Speaker 1: Zero, And I had one defect. The steering wheel started to delaminate. The leather had come off the steering wheel. It was a mess. So I called and before I got the words out of my mouth, the person on the other end of the phone said, that's a known defect. If you will make an appointment, bring it in, we'll give you a new steering wheel, no charge. Ten days two weeks later, my phone rang and it said, Hey, this is Billy Bob. I'm with Tesla. I am on my way to your house. If you will permit me to replace your steering wheel. He came. He was ten minutes early. He replaced my steering wheel and the new steering wheel came of the horn on it, which my old one did not have, which was one of my complaints about the car. You had to find the button to hit honk a horn. But it is it is an absolute engineering marvel. It's quiet, it's smooth. And I drove from my house in West Palm Beach to Miami two weeks ago with full self driving autopilot. I told the car where I wanted to go. I did not touch the wheel, Gog.
Speaker 2: You're never, ever, ever going to convince me that that's a good idea. I love to.
Speaker 1: Drive with me, and if I don't, don't think that it's a good idea. When we're done, I'll buy you a steak dinner at the restaurant of your choice.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea. Is because I love the act of I love driving. I enjoy the chess game that exists on our crazy roadways. I am constantly paying attention to what's going on around me. I love paying attention to the road. I made this comment before. My wife would be like, you ever see that house around the corner of the front door and you're driving by. I'm like, no, I'm looking at the road when i'm driving. I'm not staring at front doors. I love to drive. So you know that's the idea of self driving cars. Is this not even appealing to me? Whether or not it's a technological marble, which I agree that it is.
Speaker 1: I got it. But let me pose this question to you. Would you be willing to sacrifice your own enjoyment of driving which I relate to. I mean, I stole the family car when I was fourteen, Yeah, and drove to the drug store because I like to drive so much. Was as much I love to drive, So I understand. But let me ask you, if you could sacrifice your enjoyment and in the process, say forty five thousand American lives a year that result in traffic fatalities and another one hundred thousand people who are paralyzed or maamed in an automobile, would you be willing to make that accommodation.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of the people that's a thread on the road because I'm a great driver. Anyhow, moving away from that, John Gordon, I give it you a Tesla dealership, don't you, John?
Speaker 1: Fifty years, I don't have a point on my license. I haven't had a scribe, right, I got it all right.
Speaker 2: Finally, in the taal end of this conversation, speaking of green energy, do you think that we will ultimately now be able to get nuclear power since it doesn't produce carbon, it will leave our area in a cleaner position, and it will provide an abundance of energy without having a massive old cooling tower side platform like they used to have because of modular nuclear plants. France is running on them. They don't seem to be having a problem. How come we don't get any.
Speaker 1: The resistance to nuclear power is no different in my mind than the obsession with DEI. They're both political narratives that make no sense. Nuclear is safe, it's clean, and it's hugely effective. We're going to have a power shortage in this country and globally, really and we better just get wise to the fact that we're nuclear needs to be part of the equation.
Speaker 2: Agreement amen to that. I think the fact that we don't get any is the illustration that it's not about how our power is generated, it's about our consumption. And if we have we have very efficient, abundant nuclear power, then our consumption will not drop, our efficiencies will go up and will become a more successful society, which in the hearts and minds of the Marxist out there, is a bad thing my impression. John John Gordon Close to the Truth with John Gordon. That's the syndicated radio show. You can find them online. I'm sure wherever you get your podcasts, and it's been a real fun conversation John, and good luck with your your ev dealership that I think you own.
Speaker 1: No dealership, just ton't want to be But thank you, Brian. I appreciate your respectful conversation this morning. I really enjoyed it anytime.
Speaker 2: It's been a real pleasure, and I'm sure we'll get together again, John Gordon, take care and have a great week. And eight twenty a fifty five K city talk station. Good segment coming up. I Heeart Media aviation expert Jay Ra. Of course we do have a lot to talk about, so stick around, and speaking of electric vehicles, foreign exchange, they're authorized to service Tesla's now, so in the apparently unlikely event your electric Tesla has a problem, then you can get into foreign exchange where you'll save money on having it repaired. And of course that's what I always point out. Foreign exchange is about saving money. You are not going to sacrifice on the mechanical ability of those ASSE certified technicians working in foreign exchange. They know what they're doing. They have your manufacturers technical information, whether your cars from a traditional Asian or European manufacturer or Tesla as the case may be. When you leave, you'll leave with a full warranty on parts and service and more money in your pocket than if you took it to the dealer, significant savings in many, many respects. That's why I recommend Foreign Exchange and the Westchester location. Austin has assembled the most awesome team out there. They'll treat you like family. If you want to talk to the mechanic, you can no have to deal with the service manager. If you don't want to, Hey, can I talk to the mechanics. Absolutely, they'll come right out and speak with you about servicing your car. I really appreciate that aspect of Foreign Exchange, but I've been going there for years and years, and I know I've saved heap loads of money. So do the same. Westchester location is the Tylersville exit off of I seventy five. Just go east on Tylersville for just two streets to hang it right on Kingland Drive. You run right into it. Run right into them online at foreign X four in the letter X dot com. Here's the number. Tell him. Brian said, Hi, please five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five KRC. When the wildfire