Speaker 1: And schoolday.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one episode so thirteen, Spy Game in talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website, Thebluey Podcast dot com, our email address.
Speaker 3: Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are awesome. We appreciate you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching Spy Game.
Speaker 4: What the Path?
Speaker 2: What U Mayanta Stella? Could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode, Louie.
Speaker 3: And Mackenzie are going around and taking strands of hair from some of the parents because they are making a potion where they control the parents, but they have to get a strand of hair from every single parent to make the potion work.
Speaker 2: Where are they at.
Speaker 3: They are at a park having a barbecue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like pretty much everybody's there. We see Mackenzie's dad, and Chloe's dad, and Honey's mom, and a whole bunch of other people. Who else am I missing?
Speaker 3: There were some other dogs there, but we haven't seen them before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not sure who they are even after we've watched all of the episodes, So yeah, they were just some background characters. I guess, Amanda. The kids are making this potion and they need these ingredients. They need hairs from their parents, and I guess that's to be the target. Of who they control. I think so, But what else is happening whenever they go back to their fort. There's all kinds of activity.
Speaker 4: When they go back to the fort, there are two guards standing watch, and when you go you have to have the correct password to be able to get back in. And the first time we see Bluie and Mackenzie go back to the fort, the password is Zebra.
Speaker 2: And Honey and Chloe are the guards, right, yes, I want to make sure I've got everybody in the right spot. What is Bingo's job?
Speaker 4: Do you mean? What job does sparkle Shot have? Yes, my bads, sorry, that was, of course Bingo's name. In the game. Sparkle Shot was supposed to be in charge of getting the potion grass for their potion recipe.
Speaker 2: And Blue and Mackenzie are the spies. But that's what Bengo wants to do, and Blue he's not having it. Looks like she's in charge here. I think, well, they're gonna go out and get some more stuff. Henry, there's a new password this time, and what is it?
Speaker 3: It was diplodoccas, which I think is a type of dinosaur.
Speaker 2: I think so that sounds about right. You used to be the dinosaur expert.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Do you know what a dinosaur like that might look like? I'm sorry, I'm totally getting off track here. I like dinosaurs.
Speaker 4: Still.
Speaker 2: We look back at the party, Henry and Mackenzie's dad is telling Bandit something. What are they talking about?
Speaker 3: Mackenzie's dad tells Bandit that he's burning the sausages, and Bandit explains to him that he totally knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bandit fancies himself a grill master, doesn't he?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not super into grilling. I think your mom is probably the grill master of this family. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would agree.
Speaker 2: Well, Banda is not having Mackenzie's dad's advice on it. And right then, just as Blue is trying to steal a hair off of Bandit's tail, Bingo needs something. Henry, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Bingo needs to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Amanda, doesn't that seem like kind of the normal thing when you've got kids that age? Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Then it's like, oh, well, at least she came to tell somebody.
Speaker 4: She did, and she also made it very known that she needed to go right away because she said, she is busting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that busting. Bingo's done playing with Bluie. She's had it, and Bluie is going to have to reassign all of the jobs and starts bossing everybody around. Stella, what is the problem Bluey's having?
Speaker 3: No one wants to do the jobs that Blue is telling them to do, and also no one wants to collect the potion.
Speaker 2: Grass, and Mackenzie keeps trying to come up with some alternate ideas. What is he doing?
Speaker 3: He is saying that they could use a stick or well's other thing, a bag of barbecue flavored chips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything he sees laying around, Hey, why don't we use that? And I understand why. He's just wanting to move the game along, and he also does not want to get stuck with the job of getting the grass. That's what I think it is.
Speaker 4: I thought it was pretty good of him to try to get them to do something else other than having to go pick the potion grass.
Speaker 2: Stella, what did you notice about Blue's approach to this whole thing?
Speaker 3: Blue was trying to make everyone change what jobs they were doing, but she didn't want to change what she was doing, so she was trying a boss everyone around without actually changing anything.
Speaker 2: Herself, right, and she definitely just assumed she was in charge, right, yeah, oh yeah, without a doubt. Even though Bluie is the boss here, she is ending up being a guard when Mackenzie puts his foot down and keeps the game moving forward and Stella, she says, there's a new password. Now, what was it?
Speaker 3: She said that the new password was grumpy.
Speaker 2: We cut back to Banda and Bingo. While Bingo is taking care of business.
Speaker 6: One mom went, kim on, went kim I lamega. One man went, came, I wa mega.
Speaker 2: How are you going in there? Bingo? I can feel my sausages burning?
Speaker 6: I started just really a week and now it's come into apoot.
Speaker 7: Came, I went, came on, went caime i meda.
Speaker 2: That is one of my most faiavorite parts of this whole episode, Amanda. How many times as parents have we been in that exact spot? Oh?
Speaker 4: Too many to count.
Speaker 2: It's always tougher when you're in public, too.
Speaker 4: It is when the kids had to go in public, it was the worst. I'm sorry. It just was because you're worried about the things are going to come out right, if everything's going to be okay, and you're worried about where.
Speaker 2: You are and germs, I think is what you're ms. Yes, yeah, and in this case, though, at least there were other people where he wasn't with both girls and a line of people outside waiting for her to get done, and all those things we've been in that situation. Yeah, sure, you're by yourself, you got both kids or more kids for people who have more kids in your life.
Speaker 4: Yes, what, Oh my the heck?
Speaker 2: Yeah that gets to be pretty tricky.
Speaker 4: It definitely can.
Speaker 2: Yes, Mackenzie comes back and he's got the hairs, he's done it, and Chloe says they're almost done. Amanda. What happens?
Speaker 4: They finally have the potion all mixed up and they decide that they're going to try it. They tell the potion as they're mixing it up to make Blue's mom dance. Well, a mom dances, but it's not Blue's mom, it's Honey's mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And do you think it was actually controlling her or do you think it was just the law of averages that one of those parents was going to get up and dance.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think the potion was totally working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the grown up seemed to be having some grown up fun down there, and so it was just a matter of time before one of them got up and danced. We cut back to the bathroom and Bingo's done doing the one part of the business, and now she's got to wash her hands. Aman, what is going on over there?
Speaker 4: Banda is holding Bingo up so she can get soap out of the soap dispenser and she I think she's saying almost almost, like she almost has enough in her hand, but she's getting so much in her hand it is dripping out down onto the floor. And then we see Blue come in. She has a problem. She needs to talk to dad about it.
Speaker 2: Before we move away from this soap thing. I'm just curious. Have we ever had issues like that where maybe one of the kids or both of the kids use way too much hand soap.
Speaker 4: I have no comment on this, boy.
Speaker 2: The accusations are flying in this room. Okay, Well, let's just say it's a common problem. Blue's been out of shape though, and that's just it. She's annoyed and Bandit is trying to help her. And he asked, when did everything go wrong? Henry. What was Bluie's answer?
Speaker 3: Louie's answer was after Bingo stopped playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bingo was the anchor for it, wasn't she? Yeah? She was vandit is trying to give Bluie a lesson. We had dogs, kid, We all have a place in the pack. Now, look what happens when I take the bottom one out? Does that make sense? None? Okay, just do your best, kid, Henry. Does it feel like that's how my lessons feel to you?
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometime, but most of the time I understand them?
Speaker 2: Okay? Good? I was worried. Do you think Banditt's lesson was really making any sense? Or was he just trying to get something and get back to his part of the day.
Speaker 3: I think it made sense in a way, Yeah, in a way.
Speaker 2: In a way. I think it's cool that Blue realizes that Bingo was the key to when everything was fun. Henry, what do we see happen next?
Speaker 3: Bluie looks over at Bingo and Blue sees being playing by herself over there in Blue seems to be happy. You can tell it by her face, and she just looks like that she's thinking, you know what, my sister's kind of awesome.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she does seem like she's really happy to see Bingo having fun, and Bingo's really good at finding her own fun, isn't she?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is.
Speaker 2: Blue goes over to ask her to please please play again, and what did Bingo tell her? Henry.
Speaker 3: Bingo tells Bluie that first thinks first her name is Sparkleshot, and also that she wants to be a spy. Blue says to Bingo, No, you won't be a spy, but I will think of something really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she promises her It's going to be super fun, and so Bingo agrees, or Sparkleshot rather agrees, and they head back to the group. And what I love is that everybody is stoked to see Bingo back. All the kids cheer, and you could tell that it made Bingo happy. Her little face lit up when everybody was cheering that she was back. I think that made her feel pretty good, don't you, Stella?
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably did.
Speaker 2: Blue starts handing out the tasks and it seems to me, Stella, that it was the original jobs that everybody had at the beginning of the episode, right Yeah. While all this is going on, one of the parents shows up wanting something, Stella. What happens with that?
Speaker 3: Chloe's dad comes up to get the sausage tray from the kids, but Chloe and Honey start yelling password really really.
Speaker 2: Loud, and he takes us shot in the dark at it and asked if it's sausage tray? Was that it? No, No, it wasn't, and he says, you know what, forget it, I'll just use something else. And boy have I been there. They've got the potion done and everybody's arguing that they're gonna get to go first. Amanda, what does blue do?
Speaker 4: Bluey goes over and says that the person that gets to try the potion first is going to be Bingo, But then she corrects herself and says, I mean Sparkleshot.
Speaker 2: I thought it was cool right there. Everybody was happy for Bingo again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody had any problem with her stepping up to work the potion.
Speaker 2: And they were really stoked for genuinely because I think they realized that she was sort of getting the short end of the stick from her sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, Henry.
Speaker 2: What was Bingo's command to the grown ups with the potion?
Speaker 3: Bingo's command was that all grown ups go crazy.
Speaker 2: And they did because something happened, and what was it?
Speaker 3: The sausage is caught on fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the grill flares up and apparently they really were on the grill too long. But they're hoorays all around, and one of the dads takes off Chase and bandit. Henry, do you remember which dad it was?
Speaker 3: Wasn't it two of them? McKenzie's dad, Chloe's dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you might have been right. And then Honey's mom shouts out something, Stella, what was it?
Speaker 3: Honey's mom shouts out to the kids that they're gonna have pizza instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after all that, the sausages are a no go and they're gonna have pizza. And that was the episode, Henry. Did we miss anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: I learned that you shouldn't try to be the boss of everyone and try to control everyone, and that you let everyone at least have the chance to do their own thing, because everyone plays an important part in something and you shouldn't try to check.
Speaker 2: Very good. That's very good that everybody plays an important part.
Speaker 4: Anybody else, I have nothing to add to that. That was excellent, Stella. I agree with everything. She said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same here. I have nothing bad that Stella.
Speaker 2: I think that you are right about the things you said. I would add that in life there are jobs that have to get filled. In this example, not everybody can be a spy, because then there's nobody to be the guard, there's nobody to make the potion and all these things. And that's how life works. In every instance. There are all these roles that need to be filled, and we have to have all of them done to make the thing work out. I think the problem here was is that Blue was just so inflexible and that if maybe she gave it a chance to let it kind of shake out on its own, that it may have just organically gotten people to where they wanted to be and it happened to fill up all the jobs.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, she hadn't been so bossy, right, But.
Speaker 2: The problem was she wanted to micromanage everything. Yes, she did, and it seemed like the only people who were super stoked about what they were doing were Blue, Mackenzie and Honey. Everybody else wanted to do a different thing. But in the end it all worked out. And again I think it was so sweet that everybody was happy for Bingo because they recognized that Blue was probably not being very cool to her. And when your friends are not being cool to another friend or to their sibling or whatever, it's hard to know what to do. Do you say something? Do you not say something? But if you see somebody being picked on, I feel like you should probably always say something. What do you guys think?
Speaker 4: I agree we should stick up for our friends, and we should stick up for even people who are not our friends but they're getting picked on.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, I agree with you, dad. We should always make sure no one gets picked on. Yeah, I agree, it's good to defend people and make sure they don't get picked on.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 3: I found it funny whenever bandit was weighing outside the bathroom and he said, I can feel my sausages burning.
Speaker 4: He was very, very worried about his sausages.
Speaker 2: He was, But what's funny is he told the guy don't turn those over. But now he's been gone so long because of Bingo's change of activity, if you will that now they are on there too long? Anybody else or change of activity. I was trying to be as delicate as possible.
Speaker 3: I like being able to see all the kids play the game together because I feel like we don't really see Chloe and especially Honey a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah Honey, especially after the first few episodes, she's not a very big part of the show, which is a bummer because I really like her character. Honey, they can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how to say.
Speaker 4: I agree with Stella on that I like seeing all the kids playing together and all the grow nuts hanging out together. You can just tell they're all having fun. The kids are having their fun, their grown ups are having their fun, and it's just a beautiful day out and it's just a cute episode.
Speaker 2: I agree. I remember the first time we watched this, I didn't dislike the episode, but I was like me, it was just okay. But after knowing the characters better and really watching the interactions of Bluey and Bingo and Bingo standing up for yourself and all these things, which, especially as a little kid, can be really tough when it's your big sister or big brother. I got a lot more out of this episode this time than I did the first time we talked about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I did. Two And I.
Speaker 2: Love Bandon in this and I love that he had to face challenges that I've faced. Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The howl outs.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up.
Speaker 6: Everyone has to clap and go whoa yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We have the best fans in the world, and we are so so thankful for the messages and comments and five star reviews. We read all of them and we can't possibly thank you guys enough.
Speaker 4: Yes, you guys are so awesome and we just are so glad that you love the show and thank you for all your wonderful messages.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at the comments on Spotify. We heard from Sarah Jaden Teres shadow Lord summer VV. Our friend Daisy is back. She's not been commenting for a while. Daisy. We're so glad to see you back.
Speaker 4: In the comments, Hi, Daisy.
Speaker 2: We heard from Julia Boom eighty five Gideon, our buddy Alex. He was posting some more things about maybe you missed this in the episode, about some kind of visual glitches that popped up in a thing. You guys have got to go check out the comments section on Spotify and check out the stuff that Alex talks about. It's so cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you so much, Alex for sharing those little things that you're finding in the episodes with us.
Speaker 2: We heard from Taylor Hope twice, Travis who said Stella is the best. Thank you, Ray and Puppy Dog Girl on Instagram, we got a message from Jesse and it said, my name is Jesse. I'm six years old from Brazil. I listen to your podcast every night before sleeping. My favorite episode of Bluie is Born Yesterday, and my favorite moment of it is when Bandit takes the hot dog from the man's hand and just starts eating it. I like that too. I love your podcast so much. My favorite character is Bingo and my favorite person is Eric and Amanda, and I love it when Eric makes those voices, Oh my goodness. Thank you so much, Jesse. We're so happy to hear from you. And I love that part in that episode when Bandit is pretending like he was literally born the day before and just starts approaching life like everything's amazing, right.
Speaker 4: That is a very funny episode. I like it too. It was great to hear from you. Jesse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got some emails. We heard from Jonathan, We heard from Andy. Hey, Andy, thank you for your message. We got a voice message from our friend Brendan.
Speaker 4: Greetings, dinner with the healers.
Speaker 5: This is your friend Brendan speaking to you once again.
Speaker 4: I have a very good sense of humor.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I have another bluey moment to share with you from the episode Cricket Rusty Dad's Leta has a PAS for you.
Speaker 3: Can you read it?
Speaker 8: This? Tawny sounds Lucky's good.
Speaker 2: Some pace on.
Speaker 3: Him, he does.
Speaker 2: I wish I could be.
Speaker 8: There to bowl a few at you, but I can't right now.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 8: But look, as you grow up, you'll face hotter things than a cricket ball, and you'll have two choices.
Speaker 2: Back away and get out who's.
Speaker 3: Back is it?
Speaker 8: Or you step in from and whareful shop. Just keep your eye on the ball and take care of your little sister.
Speaker 5: Pulling love Dad, m Rusty's Dad. That was the most sweetest, awesomest thing. And your ps was awesome. Yeah, that was the sweetest thing you could ever give your son, Rusty Rusty's Dad, You're awesome, all right, Talk to you again soon.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Brendon, Thank you so much for that. I love the episode Cricket, and I love that part. It's so emotional and sweet when Rusty's dad is giving him these life lessons that he's going to use forever in wrapping it up in a way where it sounds like he's only talking about cricket, and that end where he says, take care of your sister for me. We see that play out near the end of the episode and it was just so perfect. Thank you for sharing that with us.
Speaker 4: It was a very sweet moment in that episode. Brandon. It is always so great to hear from you, and you have a beautiful voice singing, and you do have a great sense of humor and we always enjoy hearing from you. Thank you so much, buddy.
Speaker 2: We also got a voice message from Zoe.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to say here was. My name is Zoe and I'm a very huge fan of the show. I listen to your podcast every night. It really helps me go to sleep.
Speaker 6: I really like the episode Glennymobile, and there's a few others that I really like, but the sign when the ending, when Bandit took out the sign, it really made me tuiet. So I really like that part and I'm a huge fan of Stella.
Speaker 7: Honey. I'm eight years old. My birthday is on November fourteenth. I just really like your show and podcasts, and I was a few other Zoees on there, but there was a few different Zoeis on your podcasts too, but I was on a couple of yours, so I'm a very huge fan of yours. Thanks for doing this podcast. It really hoped me go to sleep. You're the best podcast in the world.
Speaker 4: Zoe. Thank you so much for your sweet message. We're so glad you loved the podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Zoe for the voice message, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You did an amazing job on that. Thank you so so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: If you would like to send us an email or a voice message, make sure you ask a parent to help you and you can record yourself on a phone, tablet or computer and then email that file to Stella. Where should they.
Speaker 3: Send that Blue podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Thank you guys so much. Again, fans, you are the best, best, best, and we couldn't do it without you. You guys are the reason that we do the show.
Speaker 4: Yes, we love you guys so much. Thank you so much. For all your support.
Speaker 2: Well guys. Until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye once again,