Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the Games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have not played the Metallica Double Dose yet for this morning. Well, we got third row tickets up for grabs today, Taco. Yes, third road tickets today for the big JR R. Metallica shows, second row tomorrow and front row on Friday. You be the one hundred and first caller once the second of the two Metallica songs play back to back has not happened yet, We'll keep reminding you, Dog. I definitely want to get some insider scoop from you on this investor that's been revealed for the Orlando First organization. But I'm thinking we need to hit the Magic first, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Magic season over. The defending champion Celtics close out the Magic last night one twenty to eighty nine to thirty one point victory for the Celtics. Magic. In the season, they get closed out four to one.
Speaker 4: In the series.
Speaker 3: It was it was the Magic were up by halftime, they were up in the third quarter. That's when Palo Banko picked up three quick, controversial and crucial fouls that sent him to the bench. Had five fouls early in the second half. The fifth foul came when Jalen Brown was driving to the basket, went up for a shot and it looked to me that he elbowed Palo in the face, but officials said Palo stepped into Jalen Brown as he shot and that was that.
Speaker 4: After he went to the bench.
Speaker 3: The Celtics scored thirty one of the next forty points.
Speaker 4: And game over.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say that the Magic lost because of the officiating. I think the Celtics probably would have won this game anyways, but I thought I thought a couple of those calls were TICKI tacks.
Speaker 4: Were you guys watching it all?
Speaker 2: I did watch the highlights this morning. You know it's the officiating, not just in that game, but across the board has been interesting. I'll use that word.
Speaker 1: All I did, dog was follow the score on my phone, and I was happy to see them going to halftime leading, But you know you had that feeling in your gut like can they hold it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ye Again, I'm not blaming the officials. The Magic scored only one hundred points once in this series. That was in Game two when they barely hit you know, they barely hit one hundred that night. The Magic loss the series because they can't shoot and they can't score. I mean Pallo and the Franz Franz Wagner. Yeah, they had great series, but last night Magic eight of thirty eight from three point range twenty one point one percent. They've been the worst three point shooting team all season long, and it came back to Bike in this series yet again. So that's the story of the Magic season.
Speaker 2: Hey, just for the record, Mike and Taco, I do not relish in the fact that I predicted the Magic will go down and find to the Celtics. Yeah, I don't relish that, but.
Speaker 1: Now, but good prediction on your side. And Dog, I predict as I said earlier, and I think Pat agrees, and I believe you would. We have a great team to look forward to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Franz and Paoello great building blocks, two of the biggest young stars in the league, twenty two and twenty three years old. So yes, the Magic's future looks great. But as I wrote in my column today Sentinel, this needs to be the last time that Magic fans will walk away from a first round playoff exit feeling good about their team. All right, it needs that. The expectations need to rise next year. The training need or training wheels need to come off, and Magic need to get into the playoffs and win some playoff games or win a playoff series next year.
Speaker 4: That's my thought. I see him doing it, right, I hope, So, I hope. So.
Speaker 3: Nuggets beat the Clippers last night. They take a three to two lead in that series. Jamal Murray forty three points. Pacers close out the Bucks four to one. Now the future of the Bucks is in jeopardy. Obviously, Damian Lillard ruptured his achilles tendon Giannis Onatakumbo.
Speaker 4: There are rumors that.
Speaker 3: Maybe he may want to be traded because it doesn't look like the Bucks are gonna be going making any championship runs anytime soon. This is their third straight first round exit. So whereas Johann, it's gonna end up. Will he stay in Milwaukee or go elsewhere. Pistons beat the Knicks last night, so they stay alive. That series is three to two in favor of the Knicks, but they're headed back to Detroit for Game six, so we'll see what happens there. The baseball story Lynch is talking about. Yeah, some big time investors have been revealed. The Sentinel has a story in today's paper. You can read it at The Orlando Sentinel. Rick Workman is the major investor. He owns a home and ioworth. He's the founder of Heartland Dental, which is the nation's largest dental support company. He's committed to be the anchor investor. And John Morgan, who we all know, the billionaire lawyer who founded you know, Morgan and Morgan Law firm, the largest personal injury law firm in the country. He's committed to hundreds of millions of dollars if in fact, we build a stadium and get a team here. So two heavyweights are backing this. Now, Hey, this is serious, guys. I'm tired of everybody thinking, oh, it's the Orlando Dreamers.
Speaker 4: This is just a pipe dream. It's not. This is real.
Speaker 3: The Tampa Bay Rays are in jeopardy of leaving leaving Tampa, and we need to have our ducks in a row to get this done. And again, you've got Rick Workman, You've got John Morgan and behind this.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is serious.
Speaker 3: This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Orlando to get a Major League Baseball team. It's time for our politicians in city leaders to say they're backing this effort.
Speaker 4: That's what we need to happen. So your thoughts, Well.
Speaker 2: Does Scott Maxwell approve?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, of course not little stick in the muddy. Hey, no, I got in all honesty here, in seriousness, what is the actual lay of the land as far as Tampa staying in the Tampa area? Are they going to revisit the idea of building a stadium in the Tampa area.
Speaker 3: I know, yes, I'm sure there. I'm sure they will. But they've been trying that for decades now and it hasn't worked. And Ron DeSantis, our governor, has talked to Rob Mann for the Commissioner of Baseball, and the Commissioner of Baseball wants a second team in Florida, which is the third most popular state in the And if it's not gonna be in Tampa Bay, I'm you know, maybe they still end up getting a stadium in Tampa Bay. Great if that happens. But if that doesn't happen, we need to be ready to pounce when, you know, because they want to keep a team in Florida and Orlando is the only other option. It's not like they're going to put a team in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: And if if they did put a stadium here for for baseball, UH, it would be out near SeaWorld A here AQUATICA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, right there, all right, I have no problem with that. Yeah, yeah, well, I mean I'd like it to be closer.
Speaker 2: But you know, uh, Bulldog, your prediction tonight as the NHL first Round playoff series between your Florida Panthers and most of Central Florida's UH Lightning, UH is in Tampa tonight with the Panthers in a position to close them outs.
Speaker 3: You know what, even though I'm a huge Panthers fan, as you guys know, been following them since they had been to the franchise, I would sort of like to see this series go a little longer because it's it's good for sports talk, good for conversations.
Speaker 4: It's gone.
Speaker 3: I want the I don't want the Lightning fans to be so distraught after getting closed out in five.
Speaker 2: He is Mike the Bulldog Bionkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven Form ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings on at Jason Dust and He takes a few minutes every morning out of his show to join here for the sports page on j R R.
Speaker 3: By the way, a happy birthday to Willie Nelson. You've got the money, Hunter Air, I've got the time oo oo.
Speaker 1: Splitch and Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free ieart radio app. Get it now at w j r R dot com.