Speaker 1: I'm back on the Big one, seven hundred WLW. It's twelve oh eight. Dan Carroll in for the Great American Bill Cunningham, as we roll on until three o'clock this afternoon. Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. And just a ton of stuff that I want to get to today. And we start off with a great guest today. Stacey Washington is a nationally syndicated host on Serious XM Radio. Stacy on the Right is the show. Her book is Eternally Canceled Proof, a Guide for Courageous Christian navigating the political battlefront. She is also the communications director for Family Vision Media and ambassador for America First Policy Institute. And if I continue to read these accolades, we'll never get to the interview. So Stacy Washington, welcome to seven hundred WW.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 1: Today's great to have you on. It's been amazing the meltdown by the left ever since January twenty, it's a little over a month ago when Donald Trump was sworn into office, and it really kicked into another gear this weekend. It started on Friday night when it was announced that the chairman of the Joint Chiefs was going to be fired. The head of the Navy was also fired by Pete Hegseth. And then over the weekend we got the news that Dan Bongino was going to be brought in as the deputy director of the FBI. And it has just been I think, a spectacular spectacle to watch these leftists in meltdown mode. And I mean, how much further can they go? How much? It seems like it almost seems like they're running out of arguments?
Speaker 3: To me, well, the arguments actually ran out in the campaign. They did not have an argument to the American people. I mean, weren't you surprised by I don't know about you, but I was waiting. I felt like I was going, you know, twenty five sleeps till they have Kamaa do a serious, card hitting interview. I thought, after the honeymoon period where we just got pictures of her taking phone calls outside of escalades and boarding private jets and you know, looking cool in her chucks, I thought she was going to sit down and have an interview that kind of mimicked the debate that she had with President Trump, where she was fierce and she was rude and she was sarcastic, but she actually had a few of her Democrat talking points memorized, and so I thought, Okay, she's going to sit down. First, they're going to get to meet the website together, they're going to put a whole bunch of ideas up there, and then they're going to move on to her doing these interviews and they're going to be canned.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's going to be the same questions but different different questioners, but a lot of it is going to be very policy driven, kind of similar to the things that we saw President Biden roll out or some of the hope and change rhetoric that we.
Speaker 2: Saw from Obama.
Speaker 3: And so I just kept on waiting, and the honeymoon period lasted a month, and I felt like someone was forced feeding me cotton candy and I couldn't make them stop, like maybe my arms were tied behind my back.
Speaker 2: And I finally thought, I can't take this anymore.
Speaker 3: And honestly, I paid a lot of attention to President Trump's rallies, but I was waiting for Kamala to come out with something and she never did, and I think it wasn't I wasn't disappointed.
Speaker 2: I know she's an empty suit.
Speaker 3: But there were so many people who'd gotten their Harris Waltz T shirts or their their Kamala gear.
Speaker 2: They were calling her Mamola. They thought she was the best things in slice bread.
Speaker 3: She had jailed cartel members and drug dealers, and she was a prosecutor, and she'd be a prosecutor president. And they just waited and waited and waited, and they never got.
Speaker 2: A freaking thing.
Speaker 3: And then they were forced to deal with the fact that she really couldn't do interviews when she took her first one and flopped, and her second and her third, And so what we're seeing is a continuation of that. The arguments that they're putting out against Elon Musk. No one elected him. No one ever elects the head of the Digital Services Agency, which is what does is. Digital Services Agency was stood up during the Obama administration. Congress authorized it passed legislation that he signed and created a agency to update the digital components of all of government.
Speaker 2: And that's all doges.
Speaker 3: It has been game has been changed, but it's functioned is the same, and Elon Musk is its head. None of the agency heads are ever elected. Elon Musk is an illegal alien. That one defies reality that they would ever accuse anyone of being.
Speaker 2: In their country illegally. Since that's what they love, they should love Elon Musquit. That's true.
Speaker 3: But the fact that he's a citizen, he became a citizen in two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have security.
Speaker 3: Clearance to look at our negative three dollars and fourteen cent bank accounts, and our overdrawn crap and our over indebtedness, the information surrounding our Social Security number, which has been in no less than ten data leaks over the past twenty years, ten data leakus where they got everything about us, And they're worried about Elon Musk who has four hundred billion dollars. But the fact is he holds a top secret security clearance, and he holds security clearances that you need clearances to know what the clearance is. Because his company, uh SpaceX, takes human beings and you know, all kinds of technology into space and interfaces with the International Space Station.
Speaker 2: So he has security clearances that I don't even know about.
Speaker 3: And I once tell the security clearance and my husband was top secret and my sister is top secret, and I still don't even know what those are called, So what are they complaining about Elon must They're mad because he's deadly efficient. He likes sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor at o pm. They can't stand him because they know he's going to find whatever it is he's looking for, because he's very efficient and good at what he does.
Speaker 2: And then there's the criticisms of President Trump.
Speaker 3: They've gone from calling him Hitler, the literal personification of evil that once existed in the last century, to saying that he's not even the president.
Speaker 2: He's an empty suit.
Speaker 3: He's a puppet, and Elon Musk and Putin are the ones who are puppeteering him. None of those things could be further from the truth. But that's the ridiculousness of their arguments. And before I was stressed out by it because Biden was in charge or whatever that was, like Biden or whoever had their hand to his back because he really didn't know where he was. But now I find it comical because whenever I want a good laugh, or I just want to feel warm and cozy because it's the winter time, so I can't go look at my garden right now, I just go to dge dot g o V and I scrolled down to something I've missed updated. I spent an hour and a half down a rabbit hole. I just went to doze for my first time. I waited till February fourteenth. It was like my own Valentine's Day gift to myself. And I got on doze dot gov and I looked at all of the structures of our government, the agencies that are under the agencies that are under the agencies. I looked at the average salary of a government employee ninety three thousand, the average time in grade or tenure of these people ten years. There were details there, so fascinating, so interesting. If you're the kind of person who maybe you like a little bit of charts and graphs, is that you, then those dot gov is for you. I should make it commercial. It's so good, it's a comfort, it's exciting. Also, it's also something you can store away with back or to toss it out next time you go to lunch with your buddies. You know, maybe you're gonna go have beers or something. Maybe go watch sports over the weekend, or listen to some music at at a nice restaurant. Just store a couple of ghostbacks in your back pocket. If anybody brings up government, throw those out and then say excuse Menny to go to the lady's room and just leave and come back and don't.
Speaker 2: Be bewildered when you get back. That's fun too.
Speaker 1: I'm here for last you know, it's almost with the way you talk about it. It's almost a disservice, how fast and furious the information is coming out. Because I look at these different setups they had. I looked at, you know, last week it was the revelation about Stacy Abrams and she set up some sort of a non profit organization that went from having one hundred dollars into in the bank to a two billion dollar grant. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: They said she was a fundraiser. Do you remember he quote unquote lost to raise that she never conceded, and she was running around on television and all of a sudden they were like, you know, she's running.
Speaker 2: This huge multimillion dollars. That's really she raised that kind of money that fast.
Speaker 3: I always think to myself, I wonder how she's doing it as an email if she hired a company. It's hard to raise money. It really is unless you're already famous. Like, if you can get a star, a legitimate Hollywood star who hasn't ruined their reputation with politics, to come out and say that your organization is wonderful and safe and good, then Americans will donate to it. But aside from that, it's very hard to raise money. And so when they say she is, I was like, well, what, I wonder how she's raising it. She's not nice, she's not fun, she doesn't make your heart, she didn't make you want to cry.
Speaker 2: How's she raising money? Now? We know she stole it from us? She took our money.
Speaker 1: That money, Yeah, and with the assistance of Kamala Harris and Joe Biden in the White House. And I'm reading another story about this gal that was on the White House Advisory Committee and set up her own program that had to do with environmental justice whatever that means, and she got twenty million from the White House.
Speaker 4: Shell.
Speaker 1: Here's here's Shell, white House democrat from Rhode Island who voted on legislation that funneled money to an environmental group that his wife was in charge of. So it's a it's a that's the one thing that I think that the doge is doing that I enjoy more than any else is is the uncovering of the the machinations that have gone on behind the scenes for so long, and we're seeing the details now of how all this money got funneled to these different individuals, individuals who really have no business having that kind of money whatsoever, other than the fact that they're politically connected. And that's the kind of stuff that needs to come to an end. And you know, and we talked earlier about how they really don't have any arguments for this kind of stuff anymore. I was listening to one of the pundits on it was out it was CNN or MSNBC, and they were talking about Dan Bongino, and this one guy was saying, you know, a very very senior former FBI former what ever the in the federal government. And he was talking about, well, you know, this isn't right because typically the undersecretary of the FBI or the deputy director of the FBI is typically someone who's been in the FBI, someone that has all this experience, someone who and he used the phrase someone who knows how things work. And I was thinking to myself, does this guy hear himself. I mean, this is exactly what the what the Trump administration doesn't want anymore. We don't want people who quote know how things work, because the way things work has gotten us into the situation that we're in now, and we're just at the very beginning of starting to unraveling it. And so doing a way with the way things work is I think a big step in the process of getting things going in the right direction.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I'm just I want to I'd like to just call to attention because one thing we in America we used to openly love. Now we have to love it in secret because the leftists are morons and they're very, very touchy, and they literally start shaking and then freaking out. They're like Mount Vesuvius when they're upset, and we have to, you know, run for our lives because we don't want their hot lava touching us because it could make us crazy too. But the fact is, these people they don't want us to notice when people have worked their tails off and are accomplished.
Speaker 2: Couple things.
Speaker 3: I've been interviewed by Pete Texas on Fox and Friends and Who's filling in? I've been on Fox and Friends Saturday, this is all during the campaign in twenty twenty. And I always thought he was a genuinely nice man and a great interviewer.
Speaker 2: But you know, you're you're on Fox. You're only on for three or four minutes. Yeah, you know. I knew he'd written some books.
Speaker 3: All Fox News hosts have written books, and I knew he was a veteran. But when he was, you know, nominated for this position I went to I just typed his name in and his website came up, so I clicked the link.
Speaker 2: You could have.
Speaker 3: It was as if wind was blowing out of my laptop, My hair was blowing back, my eyes were squinched shut.
Speaker 2: I was like, whoa, whoa, he has.
Speaker 3: An amazing it's feedegss dot com for all of you who want to know.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing website.
Speaker 3: It talks about his military service, his time after the military's he's decorated, he's combat certified, he's killed the enemy. He's also gone to two Ivy League universities, so he's very very smart.
Speaker 2: Back when Ivy.
Speaker 3: League universities were hard to get into, hard to graduate from, and you really really like it meant something. And he's a five time best selling author, father of seven.
Speaker 2: Really, you know, I know, I know he.
Speaker 3: Has a difficult personal narrative, but but you know, here's a funny thing. Who doesn't most of us who get to judge those whour going out for public things don't have to have our lives examined down to high school. So we don't have to explain the relationships, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Et cetera. We don't have to talk about that.
Speaker 3: He had to because you know, he's been married a few times, he had infidelity. It's a strong personal narrative for someone who understands being forgiven and having to really beg and grovel to get back in the good graces of family and people that he loves. And so I I was impressed. I thought I thought he was qualified before because President Trump chose him, and President Trump when he's choosing without the assistance of people who don't like him, like Chris Christy and Mike Pence, President Trump's great at picking talent. And so I thought, you know, he thought about this, he's met with this man, he knows him, he's putting him forward. But then I went to his website. Same thing with Dan Bongina, who I'm ashamed to say. I knew he was in a secret service. I knew he was an FBI agent, but I didn't know he had a he's a NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has a.
Speaker 3: Master's degree in psychology from cun Y. He was in both of those positions, but he also was in NYPD. So this is another brilliant, well educated man with you know, he has a very salty mouth.
Speaker 2: When you listen to his podcast, you're like, whoa.
Speaker 3: You know, he's dropping all the all the curse words. He's very expressive, very passionate. But he's also well qualified. He's better qualified than the guy who dressed like a woman. The entire time he was in office over at it was like.
Speaker 1: Well he's from Pittsburgh. He talks like every other guy that I know from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: So that's well, I don't have to Popadan Bongino. I just get to know that he's a deputy over at the FBI and he's going to do a great thing. The Democrats had people in office who dressed like women and stole luggage from airports. They have health and human services. That guy was an actual band who lived as a woman. I mean, the people they put up were genuinely unqualified. They didn't have degrees from Ivy League universities, they didn't have combat certifications and decorations, they didn't have nbas. They were just ninkum poops, and we didn't say anything about them not being qualified.
Speaker 2: That got a lot of media attention.
Speaker 3: We all said it, we all knew it, but it didn't catch a lot of media attention. So, you know, I'm not really concerned with there. They're being upset. It's it's amusing and it's annoying, but it's not really consequential to those of us who understand what President Trump is doing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be consequential once they really get the ball rolling and start doing the heavy lifting of what needs to be done. So before I let you go, you know, we had this story that broke yesterday about all these intelligence officials on secure networks that were in these chat rooms chatting with each other about different sexual fetishes, about transgenderism, about you know, the surgeries they've had, and all this other stuff. Give me about a thirty or forty second take on that revelation, and apparently there's more to come on that particular front.
Speaker 3: Well, all I got to say is our job as parents, and if you're not a parent, your job as an adult is to protect the young and the innocent. It's actually a duty that we have to protect those who are proceeding to death or danger. And if you don't do that, then you'll be held accountable for it. It's not just in this life, but in the life to come. Eternity is what we're gambling with here. So it is wrong to let children make decisions like piercing their irris, getting tattoos, or changing their genders, taking hormones that would permanently alter their physicality so that they can't reproduce. It's actually a sin and a crime and an immoral travesty to do that. You have to fight against it. Anyone who is in favor of that is a practitioner of evil, and they must not but be just fought. We have to battle them down to the ground, and they must be defeated, vanquished. They have to be put down in the order of things. They're no longer allowed to contribute to our society in a meaningful way if they support those things. Understand that, get that stealing your spine and work towards it. Every human being alive on the world today. It is a responsibility to fight evil and vanquish it.
Speaker 2: And so that's the terms we have to think of.
Speaker 1: This in well, Stacey Washington. With that, our time is gone and we will let you go. It has been great having you on, Stacy. I really appreciate it. If people want to find out more about you, where do they.
Speaker 3: Do that, Stacy on the Right on social media? Find me on Instagram and ax. I'd love to interact with you.
Speaker 1: Stacy on the Right, fantasts. I appreciated Stacy, and I hope you got a chance to do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll come back anytime.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Stacey Washington, fantastic. Appreciate her being on twelve twenty five, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW Back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW two, twelve thirty eight, Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham and glad to be here. Hey man, the last guest. First time I've had her on, Stacey Washington. Stacey on the Right, just terrific. And she was talking about, you know, the meltdown of the left and how they're really running out of arguments and all the rest of it. And she also made it a point to talk about DOGE DOGE Department of Government efficiency. And I've talked about this before the election, and we knew that the DOGE was going to happen. I kind of wish Vivek was still there, but he's running for governor and he said some good things I think yesterday, But the Apartment of Government efficients, he has just been a gold mine for I think for talk radio because so much information is coming out and if you go to X their X feed, you can really keep up with everything they're doing. And one of the things they've uncovered that if you know that, and this is why I think Elon Musk has these young people, these smart people, these computer savvy people in there is for stuff just like this. And they write that the agencies government agencies often have more software licenses than employees, and the licenses are often idle example, paid for but not installed on any computer. For example, at GSA Government Services Agency, they have thirteen thousand employees, there are thirty seven thousand win zip licenses. I don't know what win zip is, I don't know why they have to have those licenses, but thirteen thousand employees thirty seven thousand licenses. You don't need that many. Nineteen thousand training software subscriptions and multiple parallel training software platforms, seven thousand, five hundred project management software seats for a division with five thousand, five hundred, So they got two thousand more than they need and these things cost money. Three different ticketing systems running in parallel. I don't know exactly what that means either, but they have found out this kind of stuff, and this is the kind of waste and bloat that is going to be trimmed. Look, I understand this is all nickel and dime stuff, but if you're going to do mass firings, and I know there's some people who don't like the fact he was waving the chainsaw around at Seapack over the weekend, I thought, personally, I didn't have a problem with it. I don't know if I would have done it, but I think we get the message. But there's also some fine tuning. It's not all just slash and burn stuff. The Social Security Administration completed the same software audit initial findings four redundant survey tools that range from one hundred eighteen thousand dollars a year to one point eight million dollars a year. So they looked at the software on these computers. How much money are we spending on that? Can we save any money in those areas? Anyone got any complaints about those kind of cuts? Paying for ten thousand UI path licenses and only using half of them, paying for twenty thousand, six hundred tableau licenses and only using eleven thousand, five hundred and sixty And he says fixes are in the works. So I think that's kind of good. And then you look at what happened over the weekend, and I just want to take a moment to talk about this, the firing of the Chairman of the Joint Chief Staff, and so there was so much handwringing that was going on, it was it was almost impossible to keep up with it all. And so the chairman, Charles Brown, General Air Force General of the United States Air Force Chief of Staff. This is a guy that was totally bought in and totally wedded to the whole notion of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the United States military and throughout the military. And there was a letter that he just you know, I mean, this guy signs letters all day long, but This is one from back in August to twenty two and the letter starts off with this, and this was a memorandum for a headquarters Air Force and it's got all the you know, abbreviations up on the top of it, and no one knows what they mean. But this is one and the letter starts off for this, and it's about the Commissioned Applicant Pool goals. So it's talking about how many goals they want to have for different officers in the makeup of the forces. Starts off like this, Diversity and inclusion are an essential part of our society and key to the success of any organization. As such, it is imperative that the composition of our military services better reflect our nation's highly talented, diverse and eligible population. And so the memory this memo goes on to talk about, you know, how many white officers they want to have, how many black you know, how many they have currently, what their goal is, and all the rest of it. And so it's fine, it's fine to have goals, but when you start off a letter saying that diversity and inclusion are an essential part of our society and key to the success of any organization, including the Department of Defense, including the military now, and that's not going to sit well with a guy like Trump. And so it's no wonder that he was fired. I mean, I am, I am not doubting his qualifications. I am not doubting his patriot it is I'm not doubting his level any of that stuff. Now, I am, I am seriously in doubt that their political outlooks and their outlooks for what the United States military ought to look like are on different pages. And I'm sorry, when you're the chief of staff, well, you know that's not going to work if the commander in chief doesn't see it that way. And so you know, we could sit here and talk all day about how it's It is not uncommon for and I don't know if you saw any of the headlines that came out from the past over the weekend, but Obama did his share of firing of top military brass as well for people that would align with his political ideas. So did Joe Biden. That's why a lot of these individuals were in place. But there was a clip that came out and and it's one of the subjects that I've talked about a lot. Behind this microphone, and that is the rot of this whole DEI idea infecting our military. And so back in July of twenty three, Matt Gates was questioning a three star general who was in the top brass of the military academies, and so he was questioning him about a program that is available to those members of our military academies. And this is how the question that this is a clip runs a little over about a minute in twenty seconds, but it's it's a good indication of just how nonsensical this kind of stuff is. And I think that it's emblematic of the kind of things that the men and women who wear the uniform should not be concerning themselves with. So let's hear a little bit of this questioning. I remember, I think I played this clip at the time when it first came out, but it's a I think it's worth revisiting. So Dave, let's hear that that's cut number two.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 5: At our academies, we put pushed something called the brook Owens Fellowship. Are you familiar with that? I am, yes, sir, And in that fellowship it specifically says, if you are a cistgender man, this program isn't for you.
Speaker 1: So you just said that.
Speaker 5: Your answer on why we why we do such this, this full hug of these diversity concepts, is because it's all about the fighting force that we draw from. But you're literally pushing a program in the academies that says, if you're a cist gender woman, a transgender woman, a non binary, a gender bi gender, two spirit, demi gender.
Speaker 1: What's demi gender?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 6: That's a that's a term of the people that are eligible for that particular scholarship that's available. It's a person who looks at their gender in a in a different a different way than I do.
Speaker 7: Sir.
Speaker 5: Well, sure that's all of these people. You're a sist gender man, you don't even get to apply. Well, do you know what jenny demi really means?
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure, sir.
Speaker 5: Right, So do you know what agender means? All one word, not a space gender, but agender?
Speaker 1: Uh, sir, I don't, right.
Speaker 5: So here we are pushing a fellowship calling for people that you don't even know what the words mean. And the number one group of people, the cisgender men, are excluded. Now in the name of diversity, equity and inclusion. Should we be pushing programs that we can't define that exclude the largest group of service members.
Speaker 6: Well, sir, first, that program is not an Air Force Academy program. It's a program open to our entire country. Right, so you guys advocate for within the academy, we allow our cadets to apply for it.
Speaker 5: Why are you allowing your cadets to apply for a program when you cannot define the basic terms of eligibility.
Speaker 6: Because it's an opportunity for us to develop them as warfighters, and we look for every opportunity that we can.
Speaker 8: How can you use.
Speaker 5: This as a way to develop the war fighters if you don't know what it means?
Speaker 6: Well, some of those those terms may not be applicable to us at the Air Force Academy, but some are.
Speaker 5: But well if you don't know what they mean, it's hard to tell if they're applicable or not.
Speaker 1: So there you go. This is a three star general. Do you know what these terms even mean?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: You know, no, I don't. It's crazy and he's doing it because he was ordered to do it. So you can have these kind of orders filtering down throughout the military, and I suspect, and I certainly hope there are going to be a lot more firings, especially as Pete hag Seth and Donald Trump find out that we have members and leadership positions of our United States Military that still adhere to this way of thinking that we need this kind of stuff going on, and this kind of stuff has severely hurt the United States Military in terms of readiness, in terms of US free the Corps in terms of war fighting capability, and other are those who will argue that, then I'm you know that I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I you know, I listen to people who are experts on this kind of stuff. I listen to people who have lived this, I read what they say, I talk to them. And so this kind of stuff cannot be allowed to go on, at least as long as Trump. You know, we get a different commander in chief in there, God forbid, Kamala Harris whatever step foot in the Oval office again, because this kind of stuff will make some sort of a ruined comeback. And then we have James Carvel, who was I mean, this guy, he really he just doesn't care anymore. He he was on uh, he was on social media over the weekend and he was talking about, he's somehow he's pushing this narrative now that the Trump administration at thirty days in is in some sort of state of collapse, that all this is going to come crashing down, that somehow there's panic at the White House. Anyone picking up on any of that any at all. I'm not seeing any of that. There was a poll that came out, the Harvard Caps Poll, which is a really good poll, and they do the right Track Wrong Track survey, and I think those numbers are pretty astonishing. Among Republicans. Back in January of twenty four, so a little over a year ago, there were ten percent of Republicans who said the country was on the right track. Democrats fifty two thought we were on the right track. And those numbers go throughout the year twenty twenty four, the final year Joe Biden was in office, and then it gets to the final month of Joe Biden, so that's November of twenty four, so Dems who actually got up to sixty two percent. In March of twenty four, Democrats sixty two percent of Democrats in March of twenty four thought we were on the right track. That number dropped down to twenty nine percent in November. Is how badly things were going for the Biden administration. Now we have Republicans who are talking about are we on the right track when it comes to just the country in general. So ten percent in twenty twenty four January twenty four said the country in general is on the right track. Now it's up to seventy one percent. Seventy one percent of Republicans are saying we're on the right track. Only twenty one percent of Democrats are saying that. As you know, that does shouldn't be any surprise at all, But those numbers are changing wildly. But when you look at the the majority of the country eighty one percent and they talk to people about different different policies of the Trump administration, and eighty one percent supporting criminal illegal immigrants are in favor of that, in favor of what Trump is doing. When it comes to a full scale effort to find and eliminate fraud wasting government, seventy six percent support what's going on. Seventy six percent also support closing the border with additional security and policies. Sixty nine percent are in favor of keeping men out of women's sports sixty eight percent support government declaring there are only two genders. And if you heard this nonsense that came out of Wisconsin over the last few days, I guess they've got some sort of budget process going on and they want to use the term inseminated person for a to when you're when you're talking about women, inseminated person. Isn't that great? That's that that that's where society is now. We want to use that kind of language. And that's right up there with the with the term that this community prefers when you're talking about, you know, individuals who have had changes in those areas to they like the term front hole to describe certain parts of the anatomy. I mean that is very progressive, extremely I mean, really, you know, twenty twenty five really moving in the right direction. What else do we have here? Sixty five percent support ending race based hiring in the government. How's that working out? Sixty three percent of Americans support freezing and reevaluating all foreign aid expenditures and the department that handled them. And I think that number would be a lot higher if the media, the national media would talk about this a little bit. I pulled an article off of NewsBusters dot Org, and it talked about just to I mean the very minimal, very scant is hand in some cases no coverage of all from some of the major networks when it comes to what is going on with DOJE or the fraud, waste and abuse that they have uncovered. So you know, it seems like this kind of stuff was everywhere, but in some places there are people who don't even know what's going on. We got to get to a break coming up here, and then we got news top of the hour, and then after the top of the hour, our friend Steve gorm is going to join us. We'll talk about environmental issues and I want to see if he kind of give me an explanation of exactly what environmental justice is, because this is an issue that knows no end. And we roll on till three o'clock this afternoon. It's Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW. It's one o eight Dan Carroll on this Tuesday afternoon. The great American Bill Cunningham taking the day off. So always great for me to sit in behind this microphone in place of Bill Cunningham, and always great to have our next guest on. Steve Gorm is the executive director of the Climate Science Coalition of America. He has authored four books on energy, climate change, and sustainable development, one hundred thousand copies in print, and his latest book is The Green Breakdown, The Coming Renewable Energy Failure. And Steve Gorm, it's always great to have you on seven hundred WLW. How are you today, Hey, Dan, great to join you.
Speaker 7: All things are going well.
Speaker 1: And before before I get into the Trump administration and the impact that's had on environmental policy around the country, I have a very serious question for you. And I was preparing for the show today and I came across the story about a young lady named Latricia Adams. And Latricia Adams was a justice advisor, a Biden environmental justice advisor, and worked on an environmental group that there was part of. You know, it was under the executive branch, and you know, this group would advise Joe Biden in the White House on environmental policy and things like that. And while Letitia was part of this group, she applied for a grant. She formed an organization called Young, Gifted and Green, and she applied for an environmental and climate Justice Community Change grant and twenty million dollars twenty million dollars as as she simultaneously while she was part of this advisory advisory group, all under the guise of environmental justice. And my question to you is what is environmental justice? I've heard this term kicked around for years and years and years now. Joe Biden would use it all the time, Kamala Harris love to say it all the time, but I've never really been able to get my head around exactly what is environmental justice? And I'm thinking I got Steve Gorum on the show today. No one better to ask than this guy writer, So can you please tell me and the and the thousands and millions of listeners that we have the seven hundred WLW what is environmental justice?
Speaker 7: Well, first off, I'm not sure justice needs an adjective, and that's not my comments is. I mean, somebody said justice is justice. You know, you don't have environmental justice, and you don't have economic justice all these other things. But I think it's the idea that the that the less healthy people in society are impacted to a greater extent by the environment and by pollution and other sorts of things. Which that can be in some cases.
Speaker 8: I think people can.
Speaker 7: Live in near power plants or other sorts of things, and there may be some issues. But certainly with the climate with carbon dioxide, it goes up in the atmosphere and it's distributed evenly all over the atmosphere, and it doesn't really affect people. And you might even say that that people that have second homes on the beaches are more impacted by hurricanes, and you know, so maybe that's in a reverse that's really not environmental justice. That's the other way around. The wealthy and society are impacted to a greater extent. I personally don't think the term it has much validity, and.
Speaker 8: Mister Trump doesn't either.
Speaker 7: In his executive orders, he has said we're going to get rid of all these things. But you know, this woman is probably a target of a lot of things that that mister Trump wants to get rid of. He has he has disbanded things like the Climate Change Support Office, the American Climate Core, the Working Group on the Social Cost of Greenhouse Gases. I mean, there are just many of these climate groups that have been established in the governments, and they give out money to the person to people like the woman you mentioned, the EPA does it as well, and mister Trump is just shutting all that down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the EPA dissed out one hundred and five grants under this environmental Justice umbrella and it cost one point six billion dollars. So you know, look, I know one point six billion dollars is roughly chump change, but it's still if you know, if we get into the into the mindset of cutting all that kind of stuff, I think, you know, eventually this can gain some steam and we'll get into some serious money. So one month, one month plus a month and five days into the Trump administration and we're looking at the impacts that this is having all across the environmental spectrum. Give me your take on what you see as maybe one of the two biggest effects so far as it relates to environmental issues under the Trump administry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the impacts are huge. Number one is mister Trump issued a executive order that says temporary withdrawal of all areas on the Outer Continental Shelf from offshore wind leasing. The federal government owns all the land from three miles to two hundred miles which offshore, and you have to have a lease to put up a wind turbine. And so we have about ten states in the east, and we have California and Oregon on the west that are trying to build wind turbines offshore and they have to have a lease, and mister Trump just says he's not going to grant any more of those. And he also has tasked his head of the Department of the Interior, Doug Bergham, to look at all of these and decide if the other rescind a bunch of the things.
Speaker 8: So this is just huge.
Speaker 7: This offshore wind industry is just thrown into disarray, and all these plans of these states are are going to put on be put on hold for at least four years.
Speaker 4: So that's that is a big one.
Speaker 7: By the way, a whole bunch of a European wind company stocks plunged as soon as he did that, and they've written off a bunch of a bunch of their assets because of it. Let's see, what's the other big area. The two other ones. There's there's a promotion electric vehicles we could talk about, or cuts to renewable funding or climate policy. Those are the other three big areas. In the first month.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we have. We have talked about these things so many times before, and so many of these projects, the offshore wind farms, the different floating solar panel farms, even some of the solar panel farms themselves. Last time we talked about the one that was out in California that that did little more than you know, uh, you know, roast migratory birds if they flew between well, you know, the giant sun collector and the mirrors.
Speaker 7: That's the Ivan Paw. After ten years, that's being shut down and it got like a a billion, six hundred million dollars from the federal government, but it has never made it specifications. It's very expensive energy. It's just another example of these these programs.
Speaker 1: And managed to exist for about half of it's uh it's uh an initial license weight. Yeah, unbelievable. Unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Well, another another big maybe the other second biggest area is this this UH efforts to shut down policies that promote electric vehicles. In his Executive Order Unleashing American Indus, Unleashing American Energy, he called for a rollback of a lot of different things, including the seventy five hundred dollars text credit for electric vehicles he's going to have to go through Congress to get that. But uh, tens of billions of dollars for charging stations all over the country. Nobody can make money with a charging station today. They cannot break even. They have to have federal and state subsidies. And as a matter of fact, the General Systems Administration GSA just announced they're going to shut down eight thousand EV chargers because the money has disappeared because of Trump's actions here. And so this is going to happen all over the country here, and it's just kind of a tremendous impact on this push for electric vehicles.
Speaker 1: So when when internal I don't know if you know the answer to this or not, but when internal combustion vehicles were first coming on the scene, Let's say, I guess what in the early nineteen twenties, and you know those vehicles were spreading across the country. Was it government subsidies that allowed for gasoline stations to pop up across the country or people? Can you know their modelties and all the rest of it.
Speaker 7: I talk about that history in my book Green Breakdown. Actually, electric vehicles had the biggest share in the early nineteen hundreds before because gasoline vehicles you had to use that crank starter, which was hard to use. But they invented an automatic starter, and then Henry Ford start an assembly line and he was making gasoline vehicles at very low cost. The other thing was they started to put roads between cities for these cars, and they need to be able to go long distance, and the electric vehicles couldn't do that, and so the gasoline cars basically wiped them out. But I don't think there were a lot of subsidies in those days, and we really should run the majority of our society based on free markets, based on businesses at work. But we've gotten into this mode where we're just there are whole industries wind, solar, biofuels, carbon dioxide capture and storage, carbon pipelines, green hydrogen. All these things require massive government subsidies to be viable, and we really need to get away from that. And I think mister Trump, if you can get a lot of this through it, get changes through Congress, he's going to eliminate a lot of these tax credits and subsidies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last week I had a story, and I talked about it on the air, about a company called Nicola that was in the business of producing electric freight trucks at haul freight, you know, big trucks. And this is a company that got didn't get a whole lot, I think only a few million from the federal government, but most of our subsidies were in came from different states. And if you bought these trucks in different states. In California, I think he got three hundred and eighty eight thousand dollars per truck, and two hundred and eighty thousand dollars per truck in Texas and two hundred and eighty thousand dollars per truck in New York. Places like that. And so this company filed for bankruptcy last week. But my favorite part of the story was when the CEO with the company was trying to get investors for Nicola. The trucks wouldn't run. So we had a truck that was towed to the top of a hill and then held the coast down this hill and they shot they shot the video of this truck rolling down a hill and pretended, as you know, so they could show that, you know, how great these trucks are and how good they rolling down the highway. He had sued for that, But you're right.
Speaker 7: This company, Nicola, had had a market capitalization that went public four years ago, a thirty billion dollars bigger than right, it's work worth almost nothing. And we've got some others coming. Another one called Rivian Automotive. In December, the Biden administration gave them six point six billion dollar loan to build a manufacturing plant in Georgia. And boy, Solender is going to look tiny when when Rivian goes down on the free Solender is only six hundred millions. So all these things require these massive subsidies. And it's just just not what we should be doing. And mister Trump said, working hard to try and put an end to a lot of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's just amazing how deep the tentacles are of all this New Green Deal stuff that is within the federal government. Do you I mean, and with all the work that Elon Musk is doing, do you think it's possible to get all this stuff or rooted out of the federal government? Or even after four years of Trump, is some of this stuff likely to remain behind? And god forbid, another administration like Biden gets in there, and you know, they start cranking all this stuff up again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, an awful lot needs to be removed. It's it's a huge I mean it's it's just a massive substance. Something like eighty billion dollars a year according to the Cato Institute, is going to win solar, bio fuelds.
Speaker 8: And all these things.
Speaker 7: So it really is going to count on what Congress can do, what the House can do, and what the Senate can do. Can they stay scale? Is stuff back? And I'm not against wind and solar. You know, I was just out in Hawaii. If you're in Hawaii, they don't have pipelines out there, they got a lot of wind, they got a lot of sun.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 7: But if you're in Ohio or you're in New York, it doesn't make sense when solar panels don't even break even on the life of the energy required to build them. They don't break even over their lifetime until you get south of You got to get down about North Carolina for them even to break even. Wind turbines get a thirty percent tax credit. Thirty percent of their price is paid and then another ten percent for certain bonuses. The federal gunner's paying almost half of the cost of a wind system. Now that's just crazy. So you know, let's get back to competition, free markets. And in any case, you know, we're not going to stop the oceans by rising by doing all of this. That's that's a modern superstition.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple of things that Trump has in the works right now is he said the other day that he wants to bring the Keys Don't Excel pipeline back to life. And that was you know that that was a huge cut when when Biden first got in office canceling that deal. And I think it was like, you know, forty thousand people found themselves out of a job overnight. So you know, I didn't see a lot of you know, he told him to go out and learn how to code, so I didn't see. I didn't see a lot of hand written over that. So we've got that. And then and then he's also working on this deal with Ukraine that would allow US mining companies to go in and extract rarer minerals from Ukraine. If that deal comes around. How much of a financial boom would that be for the United States? If if they get this deal with Ukraine and they and you know, we start getting a lot of economic activity cranked up with Ukraine to get rare well, we use.
Speaker 7: We use the rarests and everything for military stuff and too many things. But they're also heavily used in renewables in uh in evs and winsol and bio fields in China has been threatening and I think in some cases they're cutting off the supply of rarrors.
Speaker 8: They produced about.
Speaker 7: Half of the world's rarer So the Ukraine thing would be a pretty big deal. But you know, we're just going to have to see about this how it goes. You know, I think this is just terrific. This could be the start of the of the rollback of the net zero energy transition across the world. It's going to take decades to get back to something sensible because so many people are invested in this. But it's about time that that some of these things are occurring. In the United States is leading the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, I guess we're also out of the Paris Climate Agreement again. So does this mean that no one pays attention to John Carey anymore? Or does he keep doing you know, is he flying around on his own dime these days? What's he been up to?
Speaker 7: I think so? Yeah, he's I think he's doing his own own deal and and yeah, Trump said he's going to get rid of the Green New Deal that Acossio Cortez was a big, a big fan of. He's withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accords, and he's having the EPA look at the Endangerment Finding December seven, two thousand and nine, the EPA rule that greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide threatened the public health and welfare of current and future generations. And I call that December seventh the data that live an infamy. But that is the basis for all of the climate regulations in the United States. And if he can get Lee's Elden, new head of the EPA, to look at that and roll that back, that would just be a massive change. So we're gonna have to see. It's gonna be wild over the next next few years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. As Zelden in charge of the EPA, I think is going to be a very interesting time to see what happens with the EPA with Leezelden there and Steve gorm with that. We got to run always appreciate the time. And if people want to find out more about you, where do they do that?
Speaker 7: Thank you, Daniel. They can get my book Green Breakdown the Coming Renewable Energy Failure from my website Steve g O R E h A M dot com a Cinema signed copy. It has a bunch of in addition to the facts and economics, it's got some great color sidebars, like the UH dating website that said global warming makes couples cheap. That was so, it's got all these headlines of miss people have done. Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 4: You can tell your wife.
Speaker 7: Now global warming maybe do a little bit. And you can also you can get ebooks and you can get him on Amazon as well.
Speaker 1: Steve Gorm, you're the best. Again, thanks for the time, and we'll do it again before too long.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, the one and only Steve Gorm on seven hundred w LW. You guys waste talent.
Speaker 8: Just look at what you did to Joe Burrow. Oh hello, hello, buyet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God so seg I guess the venue last night was the Heritage Bank Center.
Speaker 8: At correct.
Speaker 1: Cincinnata.
Speaker 8: Rick Uccino. He was going crazy last night?
Speaker 1: Was he there was in the ring? Did he get in the ring? He got in the ring with a few of them, is he here? Is he here today? No?
Speaker 9: Got beat up? I think, oh I should get him in here. I think he got a stunner or somebody threw him out of the ring and went head first into so I don't know.
Speaker 8: Now they was they have a battle Royale last night, a media media wise media battle Royal? Yeah, I missed it.
Speaker 1: So who else was in there?
Speaker 8: No, No, they didn't know.
Speaker 9: He was just he was just covering it and uh and uh. So they had a good crowd and maybe they'll get the further shows down the road.
Speaker 1: Who would win in a in a wrestling match between Rick Uccino and the broadcast sheriff.
Speaker 8: That'd be a good I might have to pick the sheriff in that one.
Speaker 10: You think, so, yeah, he's got well, I think and the sheriff was very agile.
Speaker 8: I think at the speed of the sheriff is underrated.
Speaker 1: You're probably right.
Speaker 9: I think you could put Rick Uccino into the human pretzel hold and and Uchino.
Speaker 8: Would tap out.
Speaker 1: What about what about Brian Combs and Matt Reese? Who wins that matchup?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they just look at each other and fall down looking st That'd be the two clown match that would that's what that would be.
Speaker 1: That'd be great. We could do we do a whole segment on that talking about different matchups of people here at the station. Yeah, yeah, that'd be fantastic. Yeah, who would you put Cunningham up against? Uh?
Speaker 8: You will be a tag team?
Speaker 9: Tag team against against Lance and Uh, well no, we get probably Well, no, I don't want to put I know I was gonna say Eddie and Rocky, but I'm not. I'm not going against a super Bowl champion, No way. He No, we would. We would be leveled in the first ten seconds.
Speaker 1: Probably Rocky's in a different league, correct, He's like, yeah, the guy was a professional athlete.
Speaker 8: Gary, what about Gary Jeff? What about Gary Jeff? You and Gary Jeff the paddle of the late night host.
Speaker 1: The guy wouldn't last thirty seconds, well last thirty second. But this guy, Paul, what's this guy? Logan? Paul?
Speaker 9: Well, they always they always come to town and they're going to bad mouth supers, They're gonna bad mouth of sports stars. They're going to bad mouth the food and everything else. So it's it's that's that's the way they get the crowd riled up.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess, uh, I guess Joe Burrow wasn't in the arena last night.
Speaker 8: Now you know what I was thinking. I was thinking that could have been a very good deal.
Speaker 9: And all of a sudden they that guy that that logan Paul says that, and all of a sudden, like Joe Burrow is standing at the other end of the ring nothing, you know, not not going to do anything but just kind of stand there and that place went Or they should have had like a just a cameo of of like of Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: Burrow, put him on the big screen.
Speaker 8: Oh, it would have been great. Place would have gone cross, It would have been absolutely nuts. Pat McAfee would have went crazy. So nothing. Yeah, but maybe he can go in there throw an elbow. No, no, no, Number nine you're gonna throw no imagine the.
Speaker 9: Only only other thing Number nine is gonna throw his touchdown passes to t Higgins, Uh, GISICKI and uh and number one Jama Jama, just give me the ball.
Speaker 1: How much how much would the boys down the hall freak out if Joe Burrow showed up in a wrestling match.
Speaker 8: Well, just as a cameo and nothing else.
Speaker 9: I mean that it would be it would be all right, Dan Carroll, the stood reporters and proud service every local temestar heating and air conditioning dealers tempstar quality you can feel in beautiful Western Hills called Derbt Heating and Cooling at five one, three, five nine eighty four forty nine, or go to Derbin Heating and Kooli dot com. What there is a couple of things in football, Oh, Dan, here we go. Sources say four times. Sources say four time Super Bowl champion tight end Rob Gronkowski. The Gronk is considering returned to the Football League. Joe Burrow has texted Gronk previously asking him to play for.
Speaker 1: The Wait a minute, have already been down this road once?
Speaker 9: National Football League legend JJ Watt today on the Dan Patrick Show Fox Sports thirteen sixty noted he will live up to his bet with Burnley goalkeeper James Tafford to play for the Bengals if he does not allow a goal the rest of the season in the English Championship League.
Speaker 1: So what JJ Watt is playing soccer now?
Speaker 9: Well, no, he's a part owner of the of this Burnley team. Okay, in the in the English League, in the Premier League. So they go and you know, he says, you don't. If you don't allow a goal the rest of the season, I'm gonna And they said this. Tafford and Watt got to talking about the Bengals Steelers game during the season, and of course, you know t J.
Speaker 8: Watt plays for his play brother plays for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 9: So they got at it and said, well, if you don't allow a goal the rest of the season, I'll play for the Bengals.
Speaker 8: JJ Watt number ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, but isn't he retired?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: So wait, what are we gonna do. We're gonna start going to get a bunch of retired guys to play defense for the Bengals. Why not.
Speaker 8: Red's update.
Speaker 9: Let's see the Reds pounded the world champion Dodgers yesterday eight one Austin Hayes good signing by the Reds.
Speaker 8: Six RBIs on the day.
Speaker 9: They're two and two on the spring off day today they are ye last time that that's the most by a Reds player since they moved to spring training in Arizona in twenty ten.
Speaker 8: Ya seel Pueek remember him?
Speaker 1: Six doesn't sound like that many?
Speaker 9: YOA sel Puig drove in six runs versus Cleveland in March of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 8: The Regia in action tomorrow against How much fun was that guy when he was a Red?
Speaker 1: Pretty funny. That's good.
Speaker 9: Reg Back in action Tomorro against the Angels Right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: What's What's on?
Speaker 8: What's you are listening to?
Speaker 10: The Gray America Willing Corninger seven wl Do you go better than that?
Speaker 9: Let's see Bengals update brought to you by you A good spirits, winding tobacco and party town. Looks like a director of player personnel and head coach Zach Taylor going to speak after three point thirty to day at the NFL Combine.
Speaker 8: I wonder what they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna combine Combine's going on.
Speaker 9: Let's see college basketball tonight. The Baylor Bears are in town to take on our beloved Bearcats at six. Right here on seven hundred WLW Miami in Northern Illinois, Number nineteen Louisville takes on Virginia Tech. You can get the latest on Xavier basketball tonight. Sean Miller Show is seven o'clock on fifty five KRC, the home of Dale Donovan. More on NKU tonight on the Norse Coaches Show at six ESPN fifteen thirty. Soccer Tomorrow night, it's a Round two of the Conka Caffs champions Cup. FC Cincinnati hosting this time FC Montagua out of Honduras, six o'clock on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 9: Let's see tonight there's a hockey action as on Fox Sports thirteen sixty at six thirty. Dallas Stars and the Columbus Blue Jackets, and don't forget Dan Carroll, the Blue Jackets and the Red Wings play in the Stadium Series Outside Saturday night at six o'clock at Ohio Stadium.
Speaker 1: What's the temperature. It's not that here's like sixty degrees up there today.
Speaker 8: I was going to say it's not. It'll be interesting.
Speaker 9: They always have these things and it's either colder than you know what or hot. So six o'clock Saturday is the big day. They got the are you going the rink? Look, the rink looks great, you're going to be there? Well, the rink is going to. The rink is right in the middle of the field, the football field, and there's a giant.
Speaker 8: Oh all the way around the rink, a giant oh.
Speaker 9: So the the O H I oh is going to be rocket and rolling on Saturday night in beautiful Columbus. And also tell me we say happy birthday today, speaking wrestling, speaking of wrestling, and uh, what's that guy's name?
Speaker 1: Paul? Paul? He is a social media influencer and a professional west wrestler from west Lake, Ohio, And that was at the beginning of the show. Comes out and takes a shot, says, he says, you guys waste talent. Just look at what you did.
Speaker 8: Joe Burrow a happy birthday. That the one and only Woo nature Boy Rick supposedly seventy six, seventy years old.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 8: I think he's seventy six.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he's on seventy six, you know. The the Haulkster said that he would be on the Mount Rushmore of all time great wrestlers. Logan Paul won't be there.
Speaker 8: Bronk wants to play again. JJ Watt could be a Bengal. Didn't Gronk already come out of the sign Hendrickson and J. J. Watt as edge rushers, Well that you be.
Speaker 1: That's great. Why don't we get Dion Sanders to play free safety now?
Speaker 8: He's in Colorado. You know he won't come back.
Speaker 1: Well, why why not? If we're gonna get we're gonna get all these retired guys that come in here.
Speaker 8: Why not do it?
Speaker 9: That'd be great, that'd be great. Jj Watt on this team, maybe if he plays seventy five percent?
Speaker 8: Who cares noronk? There's only some gronk in Cincinnati, the gronk.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe maybe we can wait, wait till maybe we can get Jason Kelcey out of retirement and then after Travis Kelsey retires, we can get him after a couple of years and get the brothers back together on it.
Speaker 8: We don't talk about that. They'll be broken up by them.
Speaker 1: Hate. Why do people not like her? I don't know, you know, I was. I saw a thing on my on my social media feed today and it said and it said, do you hate Taylor Swift?
Speaker 8: And out of what?
Speaker 1: Why do people put that stuff out there? You know what if you don't like Taylor Swift, what do you have to do? Turn the dial, turn something else on? Yes, I mean it's it's it's like when you do that, it's like she's not even there at all.
Speaker 8: True.
Speaker 1: Why don't people learn that Lesson seg that I don't know, Dan, You'll have to ask them, and then I need your comment on this and musk well a little bit. But it has been revealed that there was a secret transgender sex chat room that the NSSA, the ci A, and the d i A under the Biden administration. What the NSSA, which is the National Security Agency, the d i A which is the Defense Intelligence Agency, and the CIA, which is the Central Intelligence Ye. So you got all these people working for these different agencies and they and they're sitting around in a in a government chat room talking about genital castration, artificial vaginas, talking about gang bangs, talking about different in.
Speaker 9: Save Harbord you know that, Toyo, we're not in Safe harborall. I don't think I said it out there. I don't think I said anything.
Speaker 8: It's not there after ten when Gary jeffs on.
Speaker 1: But this is what this is what your government employees are talking about.
Speaker 8: That's why he's trying to clean it up, right, correct?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 8: So okay, there you go, What do you complain to it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna You're gonna cry when these people go on MSNBC and talk about how they don't have a job anymore.
Speaker 8: Nobody watches them anyway. They're firing more people sitting around in their sex chat rooms. They don't have enough people left on the air in there. You're a good friend. What's your name?
Speaker 6: Joy?
Speaker 8: Reid out? Whe's big? Algo? What about your good friend?
Speaker 1: Rachel? No one watches that show?
Speaker 8: You watch it? You watch it.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta look at it. Once I told you, it doesn't mean I watch it. I gotta. I gotta know what. I gotta know what the other's like, Cunningham, I gotta know what the other side is talking about. Cares well people, people that listen to this station care They want to know what's going on.
Speaker 8: We tell them every day.
Speaker 1: But apparently they were talking about sex polycules.
Speaker 8: Because even don't even what is that. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I might, I might violate some kind of you probably are some kind of iHeart thing. If I try to look that up, thanks a lot. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 8: I don't either.
Speaker 1: But whether they why then? Why are why are government employees sitting around talking about that kind of stuff?
Speaker 8: Don't answer me? Ask them. That's why they're probably out of a job.
Speaker 1: I don't know your tax dollars going for that kind of stuff.
Speaker 8: That's why the Trumpsters cleaning house.
Speaker 1: Cleaning house. Seg. We got to get out of this stooge report, Dan.
Speaker 9: Carroll, and honor of JJ Watt and the gron and Bengal stripes, you're that bank.
Speaker 8: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 6: But to be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Speaker 8: And I'm said, whoa right here and Nashville tennesthepal.
Speaker 1: The man, the one and only Bingo the nature boy seg. We'll see at two thirty, yes, sir on seven hundred W. Hi back on the Big one, seven hundred WLW, Dan Carroll in for the Great American Bill Cunningham. Final hour of the show today, and we kick it off with a great guest from hotair dot com, one of the great websites that I look at on a regular basis. It is always my pleasure to welcome in my buddy David Strom from hot Air and David Strom, welcome again to seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Well I'm a great American too, Well, you.
Speaker 1: Can't absolutely you can be you know and look as a great American I want to put you on the spot. All right, you ready, sure a bullet point for me? Five things you did last week?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 4: I can name, I can name thirty one. I wrote thirty one columns last week. I did the dishes every night, I cooked every night, and I took care of my cat. How's that now?
Speaker 1: See, if you're a federal employee, apparently you have the right to get all indignant about that. And I love the tweet that came out from Elon over the weekend where he said, look, he said, look, essentially, this is an exercise to see if you can write down a couple of sentences on an email and send it in. He said, it's not a very high bar. And it's just amazing to me how worked up so many people got over this email that went out over the weekend saying, yeah, what'd you do last week? Five things? Come on? How hard can that be?
Speaker 11: Well, you know what this is really all about is a tug of war between who has the power, the permanent bureaucracy or the elected officials and you know, the people who they choose, And it really is about nothing else.
Speaker 4: And you know what they're really angry about is they feel that it is just oppressive that they have to answer to anyone. I mean, it really is that simple. You know, we kept on hearing about how offended they were, about how this was bad for their morale. Well, why you know it would I saw a federal employee who had worked at the private sector who said, I had to do this every week, and you know it took me six minutes to answer, and then I forgot about it. You know, like you should be able to answer those questions.
Speaker 1: Well, Trump, I already gave them one. You know, they could say I went back to the office. I mean, there's one thing right there. Yep, So there's you know, twenty percent of your work was done for you by just heading back into the office. I mean, again, you said a little bar. But I think one of the other interesting things that the Vike said, not that the Veke, but Elon Musk said over the weekend was that what we're going to do with this exercise is we're going to find out how many employees are on the payroll that aren't actually employees. I think we're going to find out that we have a number of employees who are ghost employees who don't actually exist, or maybe dead that are still collecting paychecks. And I don't know, I think that's a pretty good way to weed that kind of stuff out.
Speaker 4: Well, in fact, that's got to be about eighty percent of what this is about, because there are two million federal employees and I guarantee you that.
Speaker 1: The forty or fifty people in DOGE.
Speaker 4: Are not going to read them. You know, it's going to be you know, the federal employees may say, well, you know, then you shouldn't ask us to do this, but you know the answer is is that people should have to feel like they are accountable or alive. You know, how many no show jobs are there? And that's a perfectly legitimate question they ask.
Speaker 2: I mean, we know.
Speaker 4: That about four trillion dollars of what the government spent, So what is that sixty percent or so of what the government spends. They don't even have a line for.
Speaker 11: What it is.
Speaker 4: It's just a check that goes out and that's how our government works.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Now somewhere someone signed off on it, but it's not anywhere where anyone else can check you know, I did good thing. It's like, well, that's not much of an answer.
Speaker 1: Just at this point, something that's going to be better than nothing. So they gave them, they gave him, you know, they threw them a bone, gave them an extension on that, and I think it's going to be I can't wait till they release some of the responses that they got because you know they're going to be just absolutely classic. But a story that broke about twenty four hours ago was this story, the story about the secret transgender sex chat rooms involving employees of the NSA, the c i A, and the d i A. And I think I think the really shocking part, you know, and not the okay, fine, they're talking about sexual fetishes and you know, transgenderism and all that kind of stuff. But I think the really shocking part when I read the story on hot air dot com is that the that there's a source that talks about that that this was done, you know, not without the knowledge of the higher ups, but that this was done uh as A as a means of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the government. So you know, this activity during working hours on government computers was not frowned upon, it was encouraged. And these people spent in some of these people spent all day in these chat rooms talking about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, diversity is our strength, yeah, I guess so, yeah, so, And you know, there has to be equity because of course if heterosexualists did this, they also would be applauded or fired.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about it.
Speaker 4: You know, anyone who has worked in a business.
Speaker 8: I mean I I got out of.
Speaker 4: Politics for a while and I decided I'm just going to go into sam So I did that for two years because I was burnt out and there were I think five employees. I was selling cameras, five employees, and the very first thing I had to do was watching an HR video and a huge chunk of it was about never discuss sex or anything like that adjacent to it at work.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, and here we have.
Speaker 4: The you know, the most serious intelligence people maybe in the world. I mean, they're supposed to be looking out for the safety and security of the United States, and instead they're talking about you know how you know, they're getting body parts cut off, you know, implants, having orgies. I mean, some of this stuff was totally discussing, and they're doing it on the taxpayer's dime, and it's just bizarre. You know, there's entire HR departments, probably in the government, because they push all this stuff in the government that would spire anyone else except the Alphabet mafia over this.
Speaker 1: Well, and the point you just made was something that I was reflecting on as I was reading this story. You know, I've been working in the private sector since the mid nineteen eighties, and I can't tell you how much time I have spent being lectured to and watching and you know, going to seminars and watching videos that tells you not to engage in this sort of conversation on company time. How frowned upon this actually is. And then here we have. You know, not only is it not frowned upon, it is encouraged. It's part of it's a you know, according to you know, these people that run these security agencies, this is an absolute imperative that this sort of activity is engaged in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean I remember being told don't comment on someone's new haircut, Oh you look good to.
Speaker 1: You you're asking you do something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, discussing your your orgy or the fact that you like to be doggy masks while having sex, and you know, perfectly okay. In fact, as you said, vital to national security. And there's another angle to this that's adjacent to it. CNN did something about, well, you can't let intelligence officials go, and the reason was because they're likely to commit treason by selling out the United States. So the idea is, you know, if you work for the CIA or the NSA or the intelligence part of the FBI, you are going to commit treason if you're let go in a reduction of force to which I'm my first thought was, well, if that's true, you know, we should fire them right away because they don't belong anywhere near you know, the nation's secret. What makes you think that they won't sell us out for money while they're there? It's just insane.
Speaker 1: Well how yeah, how how well vetted were these people? If if they cave that easily that you know, the threat of their job situation changing, that the first thing they're going to do is sell their information to the highest better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's just bizarre, and it tells you And by the way, that was a leak from I think the CIA or the NSA, So it's someone leaking this information from inside and they're already violating the law for doing that. So you know, here's someone breaking the law talking about how other people will break the law unless we kiss their behind. It's just insane.
Speaker 2: But this is how.
Speaker 4: You know, a certain class of people in the government think that they are entitled to our money. They are entitled to unlimited respect, no matter what. They can do anything they want at work, including not work, and they are entitled the permanent employment. And you know, I don't dislike people who work for the government, and I don't think that they are all bad people or unproductive. It varies quite a bit. But if you put people into a situation where they have carte blanche to do or not do anything, you're going to encourage bad behavior. And that's what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're we're seeing a lot of it. What's it been like for you and your colleagues over there at Hot Air trying to keep on with just the sheer volume of newsworthy stories, and it's it's amazing. You know, I'm looking at the story about Jennifer Granholme comes out the other day. You know, she you know, she was part of approving this six hundred million dollars that went to utilities out in California, and now she's on their board. I mean, I mean this, it is. It is literally one huge scan things that used to bec absolutely scandalous years ago, but today they barely get a blurb, barely get a blip in the media. And trying to keep track of all this has got to be I mean it, it's got to be like a time you've never had there in this business.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, it's drinking from a fire hose. I write about five percent of the stories that I could write about, and I write thirty one a week. So I will tell you the upside to this is it's been great for business. People are paying attention. I am now getting about twice the reads that I did a year ago, which is good for me too. And you know, there's just a certain of things to write about, and I like to write about cultural issues, and there's a lot of stuff coming out, you know, on the alphabet issues, you know, the transgender stop like the FDA had seventy thousand reports of adverse events with puberty blockers for kids, and they completely ignored it. In fact, we were being told by these people that you know, there's you know, no permanent damage, and you know it's good for kids, and you know it's all about their mental health, and they just ignored seventy thousand reports of adverse events up to and including debts from this completely over ideology. And I haven't been able to write that story because there's, you know, too much to write about. I will eventually do so, but you know, it's a little frustrating, although only a little, because it's great that you're you know, you're writing thirty one stories. You're looking for ths to write about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, I said before the election that DOGE was going to be an absolute gold mine of information and topics for people like me the two talk shows, and it has just been beyond my wildest expectation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, there are three things that pop to mind about DOGE, and all of them are things that were technically known but nobody talked about. I forget which consulting firm it was, but there there is. The head, the president of this consulting firm testified before Congress that if you just did identity checks and eligibility checks, the federal government could say one trillion dollars. Yeah, I met one trillion dollars. I mean that's not even looking at USAID and all sorts of other things. That is almost exclusively you know, in the entitlement programs where often they just don't check. You know, it's the honor system, you know, which is absurd. If you're sending out two three four thousand dollars checks every month, people have a great incentive, the cheap to lie uh uh you know, and it just goes on and on and on where uh the government is bloated uh and you know, worse than bloated. Often it works against us uh. You know. You know. Another another example that came out was it turns out that USAID uh, you know, they weren't just doing the censorship. They weren't just doing the uh. I mean, very little of that money went to you know, rice beans in medicine. It's about regime change and you know, transgender issues, Well, we were funding uh you know Stonewall UK, which is embedded in the government. It's technically an MNGO, but they had people in all the government agencies there setting policies and they're having to lay off about half their staff because USAA IDEA is not sending the money. So you know, the United States government was basically paying to change transgender policies and Great Britain. How is that?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing how how quickly some of these programs come to a screeching Hali soon is it's announced that the money is going to dry up. It is beyond amazing. And then there was a headline that came out the other day about you know, these billions of dollars that we're supposed to go to Haiti and build all these homes and I think for what twenty billion or forget what the exact number is, but there was like, you know, maybe fifty homes that were built. And I thought to myself, what the Clinton administration big on the Haiti relief effort? And someone's going to be looking into that. But David Strom, we got to run and we didn't even get a chance to talk about joy read and how ms see is now a hotbed of white supremacy. Supremacy. I mean, you can't make this kind of stuff up. But David strump and I'm gonna tell everyone to go to hot air dot com. It is a great read every single day. And I, as always h I told you the segment was gonna fly by, and it did. But David great to have you on and we'll do it again before too long. All right, thanks, all right, there you go. David Stromp from hot air dot Com on seven hundred WLW my shoes, you're hotter.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hello, buiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 7: Gy my suit.
Speaker 4: You're hot.
Speaker 1: The one and only.
Speaker 8: Happy birthday to the nature.
Speaker 1: Boy Rick Flair. What does he say?
Speaker 8: Seventy one, seventy six, seventy six. He doesn't look and he doesn't look that old about thirty two. There there was a time when I thought Rick Flair and Joe Biden looked a lot alike. But here, Darry one thing. Rick Flair has had a better career, and.
Speaker 9: You know who absolutely. I mean, come on, what do you put up? Take all the current presidents and fill them.
Speaker 1: In a ring? That wouldn't be very good.
Speaker 8: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 8: One thing, though, is the one thing is the Trumpster's hair would remain perfect.
Speaker 1: Probably no touching, to be like in the in the Anchorman when they have the rumble.
Speaker 9: Dan Carroll the stood reporters of Proud Service of her local Tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati coach Schmid heating and cooling five one three five three one sixty nine hundred Reds are off today from the Cactus Day Wars, and they get back to action tomorrow against those La Angels.
Speaker 1: How many home runs does Elie de la Cruz have?
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 1: For the action? That's he goes yard correct. Pretty cool.
Speaker 9: RNL carriers inside Pitch at two thirty five tomorrow right here on seven under WLW College Basketball Tonight Big twelve play Baylor Bears in town against our Bearcats six thirty seven under WLW. Northern Illinois and Miami Virginia Tech takes on nineteenth rated Louisville. Get the latest on Xavier basketball tonight Sean Miller Show at seven fifty five krc NKU Basketball. The Coaches Show tonight at six on ESPN fifteen thirty. Not goodner, they're under five hundred. Now to the National Football League.
Speaker 8: Let's see. We got Duke Tobin Zach Taylor speaking today at the NFL Combine in about forty five minutes to an hour.
Speaker 1: We gotta carry it live, don't think so.
Speaker 9: The Cleveland Browns will allow running back Nick Chubb to test free agency, although he has a lot of problem.
Speaker 1: Withes say, wasn't he hurt last year?
Speaker 9: Sources say that four time Super Bowl champion tight end Rob Gronkowski is considering a return to the NFL. Rocky is not here because apparently he is considering a return to the National Football League.
Speaker 1: So he's out negotiating a contract as we speak.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Is he is he going to negotiate?
Speaker 8: I don't know. So apparently the Rock wants to come back.
Speaker 1: Well, if Gronk can come back, why can't the Rock come back?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: And an NFL legend, JJ Watt.
Speaker 1: I just saw the I just saw Gronk on an underwear commercial right after you left last time.
Speaker 9: Dan Patrick showed today says he will live up to that bet with his Burnley goalkeeper James Tafford to play for the Bengals if he doesn't allow a goal for the rest of the season in the English Championship League.
Speaker 1: How's how's the How's he going to go the whole season without letting up a goal?
Speaker 8: He's one of the best ones in the world.
Speaker 1: What if there's what if there's a shootout? I don't know. Does that count?
Speaker 8: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, I'm just giving you the facts. I don't know everything about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know that much about soccer, but I know when they have when they have the shootout, the goalie says, he says, you got a guess which way?
Speaker 8: It could be penalty kicks too.
Speaker 1: I mean you know, I mean, well that's what I meant, penalty kick. Yeah, so I don't know. Like, like I said, I don't know much about soccer. But when but the goalie said that, you have to try to guess which way the guy is going to kick the ball and then you dive that way.
Speaker 9: Speaking of soccer, in the second round, it's round two of the Conkak calf Champions Cup tomorrow, FC Cincinnati at t QL Stadium, hosting f C Montagua.
Speaker 8: They're out of Honduras of course last week and already beat them. Well that's what they have to do. They have away game there a week ago, four to one win. Now they play them again.
Speaker 9: They beat them tomorrow night, then they move on to the second round against whoever.
Speaker 1: Seems very complicated, isn't it?
Speaker 9: Six o'clock on Fox Sports thirteen sixty is Pat Noonan will lead his men to another win. Too bad, It's not going to be like twenty below zero.
Speaker 8: Well they played what MESSI played an inner Miami and what six below zero in Kansas City last week?
Speaker 1: How'd that work out?
Speaker 8: It was cold? Looked like they were cold.
Speaker 1: Did they break out the orange ball?
Speaker 9: I don't know, but you know, so let's see what else. Red's a big win yesterday with eight to one over the Dodgers. That's going to propel them to the title. I know in the new pitcher looked pretty good. Brady Singer yep, and he a good start for him, two innings too, hits four strikeouts, So uh uh. Nick Lodolo gets the start tomorrow for the Red Lakes as they continue the Cactus League against the Angels, and then they're on this weekend right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: I love I love Spring training baseball. I just put I just put the radio on and have it on in the background.
Speaker 8: Doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. So but seg I was hoping that the Rocky would show up today.
Speaker 9: Well, like I said, I think he's contemplating a comeback because he wants another ring as you know over the what if they signed Hendrickson?
Speaker 4: J J.
Speaker 9: Watt wins this bet to play and the Rock returns to the this time to the Bengals as.
Speaker 8: Middle line back.
Speaker 1: The middle Jim Leclair remember him, I remember Jim Leclair. Yeah, he'll be the uh, he'll be the play caller on defense.
Speaker 9: That would be that would be that hat trick of doom right there on the defense Hendrickson Watt Rock.
Speaker 1: And then after the first series of the year, what do we do after that? I don't know, because those guys will be done after one series.
Speaker 2: J J.
Speaker 8: Watt looks great. What are you ab out there?
Speaker 1: All you got to do is get you get old? You can't you can't play with those guys anymore. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying. I mean, he made the betton he said, I'm going to stand up to it.
Speaker 1: I mean in good shake.
Speaker 8: Guy didn't give a goal again to have a goal, come back and play Duke Tobin sign him? Then, didn't Jim Bowden try and bring back what's his name that one time? The pit's not Pedro Barbone. I don't know, I can't remember I remember that.
Speaker 1: I think I remember that he's gonna sign He's gonna sign pedro Board into a contract bring them back. He was like fifty years old.
Speaker 8: Maybe I don't know, so we'll see. But you know, you know what happened this past weekend though, don't you? The Aqua Bombers up in Canton, Ohio right second. And what the state swimming champion, the Mason girls.
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 1: The Masons girls win? I don't know what the means.
Speaker 8: Thought they were second?
Speaker 9: Somebody was somebody both I see satanx and somebody else were second.
Speaker 1: And the team But how many? How many years had Saint Xavier won the swimming championship in the state.
Speaker 8: Of Ohio since one BC?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Do you know what the final score was?
Speaker 8: I think then they lost by just a few points?
Speaker 1: Did they one point? Cincinnati Saint Xavier three hundred and ten? Yeah, Columbus Saint Charles Preparatory three eleven, three eleven.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: The off it came down as one point.
Speaker 8: I say, I say, you swam a swim off.
Speaker 1: It came down to the four hundred freestyle death sat down to the four hundred free style relay, and and the Bombers got second. So I wanted I want to Rock in here to explain what happened.
Speaker 8: He might be at the He might be at the combine.
Speaker 1: When they go. He might be Rock might be at the the combine today. Can't say is he's trying to bump up his draft status a little bit is saying. I'll be talking to Duke Tobin as we speak. Maybe they could have a combine for all the retired guys, imagine want to get back in the league.
Speaker 9: The defense of Al Golden is uh, let's see champion by hendrickson.
Speaker 8: Rock and what.
Speaker 1: What about Ronnie Lott?
Speaker 8: There's a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Get Ronnie Lott on defense. That guy was good. Yeah, maybe he can bring Stallbach in for the back Cup.
Speaker 4: Goes.
Speaker 8: Now you're making fun of stuff. Here comes see now you're making fun of stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, you you're the one that wants to sign all these retired I'm.
Speaker 8: Not saying anything. I'm just saying. I'm just telling you that JJ Watt made a made a bet with this guy. I mean why not. I mean, we're not gonna we're not gonna bring back you know, this guy and that guy and everything else. But hey, he made a bet.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happened is he gonna Is he gonna get invited to training camp?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Well, JJ Watt looks great. What he's got to do is rush the passer. It's not like you gotta do nothing else, just go after the quarterback.
Speaker 1: A little more to it than that said, that's what he's.
Speaker 8: Only thirty five.
Speaker 1: Well, and Brady played till he was what forty one or forty two.
Speaker 8: Well, that's all you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers, did he just sign with Tennessee? I don't know. Did he I don't know. I think he did.
Speaker 8: He bombed out in New York like forty something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Man, these guys they hang around with what happens, I don't know. But all I know is Saint Charles over Saint X three eleven to three hundred and ten. What a meet up and canon that plays? You ever been there?
Speaker 8: No, here's here.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable that that swim meet up. There is an Olympic venue. Oh it's it's the places just goes berserk, just just absolutely crazy. All right, seg go ahead and get us out of the student's reports.
Speaker 8: Dan Carol in honor of a nice day here in the Tri State we leave you with the immortal words of the student report. At some point, these foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 1: Well, if we stop the foolishness here, thank you, Governor, no one's going to listen to us anymore. Thank you, Governor. Seg We'll see you later, yes, sir, on seven hundred WW. Back on the big ones. One hundred WW. Just a few minutes to go before he handed over to Eddie and Rocky and Rocky Boyman entered the arena area and Rocky over the weekend the CT brandon Nadatorium in Canton, Ohio State swimming championships. Yes, the Aqua Bombers putting, their putting their their streak of God knows how many championships on the line, lost.
Speaker 8: By one point I think three ten to three eleven.
Speaker 1: Three ten to three eleven. And congratulations to Columbus Saint Charles, the swimming champions of twenty twenty four to twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: Know.
Speaker 1: St.
Speaker 8: Charles would be a powerhousing swimming but I may have missed that.
Speaker 1: Oh they're there every year, man a right, yeah, I mean St. Charles Upper Arlington until you know, yeah, you know, those those teams are always good. The Bombers were back on finished fifth and Milford finished sixth.
Speaker 8: That's great.
Speaker 1: So you know the Mason girls finished running episod of the Mason Girls were second. Yeah. Upper Arlington won on that one, two sixty three and a half to one ninety five.
Speaker 8: I've said it before. I always had so much respect for those swimmers.
Speaker 10: When I was going to high school, there was you know, you'd be walking into the building at you know, seven forty five and they've already had practice for two hours, and then they go to school and then they go back into the pool for two more hours after school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going to their first class with their hairs all.
Speaker 10: Way oh yeah, all wet, and it's all like everybody has like hair was like the same color from all the chlorine for like a like a dirty blonde, kind of bleached at the tips kind of thing. These guy's put it in though, Man, one point though, now I can't them from here to that door, Dan, I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there there's video. There's video if if you can find it out there, there's video of the final. It came down to the final race four hundred freestyle relay and then this dude from Saint Charles just had an unbelievable split in the in his one hundred freestyle and uh split a forty two six, which is unbelievably fast for one hundred yard freestyle. Yeah, and uh they touched out Saint Xavier by five one hundreds of a second. And that was the difference between family. I mean, and and you know, my son was a swimmer, and we went to that state meet, you know, five years in our own I mean, and and there's nothing like it. I mean, it really is.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: It was one of the greatest atmosphere, maybe the greatest atmosphere in all of high school sports. Really. Yeah, I've seen it described that way. Sports Illustrated did a big article on it one time, years and years and years ago, and the guy that was my son's head coach was actually on the cover of Sports Illustrated. It was just a shot of the crowd right in the in the pool and and he's like, oh, that's my relay, that's me standing right there. Yeah, back to the camera.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: But but say, but saying X kids up there and they've got they've got they put their big banner out there, and you know, they they've got a certain section where they always sit right behind the blox, and I mean it was a fantastic Yeah.
Speaker 8: They they've set the bar really high.
Speaker 10: So we're always so bad for them two again because if they don't win, and you're like, oh god, what happened? But the state runner up in any other sport, that's yes, very very proud of many proud of them too.
Speaker 1: But at one point it came down to the final relay and and Saint X had to lead all the way through and then the guy at the.
Speaker 8: End for to swim the race of his life.
Speaker 1: Saint Charles been unbelievable, split just fantastic. Now were you a swimmer too? Is that how your son got into it? I just was a summertime swimmer. I didn't swimm. I went to mcnick. We didn't have a swim team back then, so I didn't swim in high school. But you know, he got into it an early age and he was pretty good. And you know, I don't want to stay chance.
Speaker 10: Your role as a parent find out where your kids good at and then stick him in it and tell them to go.
Speaker 1: Like those were Those were a lot of fun years. But what's up, you know, getting getting ready for your shows these days. Yes, I was talking about this with my buddy David Trump from Hot Air. I said, what's it like trying to keep up with all the information that comes out? I mean I everything like that, and you know, I really try to do my best to stay up on it. But it's like an all day, all night thing. It's one thing here, is the next thing there. But it's it's great, very great for the show. I mean, you think you know what you're going to talk about it, and you get it the next morning and there's a half you know, a dozen new things. They're like, oh my god, this happened overnight.
Speaker 10: And that's I mean, sometimes you're it's you know, something good happens, but it gets buried by the next thing that happens, and you know, it doesn't get celebrated enough.
Speaker 1: A lot of stuff's getting pushed down. Yeah, all right, got coming up.
Speaker 10: Yes, right out of the gay we've doctor Matt Chamber is going to join us, uh talking about how and I can I know this for a fact, families are losing health in there, or excuse me, losing trust in their family doctors. You know, family doctors have for a long time with a lot of stuff on the internet out there and some true, some not true.
Speaker 8: But you know, question vaccines, all that sort of thing.
Speaker 10: So that's that's I know, that's something a lot of doctors, my my family, we've actually gone through it. You know, go, what do you do we need all these vaccines? Do we not like what's true, what's not? So Uh, docs can help us. UH forgot somebody you can trust and rely on. That is a very valuable thing.
Speaker 8: We've got Jay Ratty.
Speaker 10: At four o'clock on a woman died on a plane and they just put her body like in the spare seat in the back well.
Speaker 1: And then there was another near miss at airport today, so that was crazy. All right, Rock have a great show. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: W l W