Speaker 1: Get ready.
Speaker 2: So after a quick tribute to Michael Parenti and JFK in the Nature of the Gangster State. I always forget the exact title of that speech, but I'll tell you something. It was great when I found a good audio copy of it that wasn't just a regurgitation from Guns and Butter in nineteen ninety three. I was happy to play that, and it will replay as a podcast. I will drop that one as a podcast. A couple of things have been added to the radio stream this week which are not podcasts, but maybe we'll stick them all all in the member section at ocelly dot com, even though nobody pays for the member section anymore. But maybe that'll inspire somebody who still accesses it, because there are a handful of you to do that. Perhaps you would like to make a contribution because you're no longer in case you haven't checked your debit cards lately, you're no longer paying for that. I sent over b Pete's link fri Jitsu over on the stupid ass platform that we keep using to communicate. But here we go. You know what is it? Anyways, we are live, it is Friday, and we're going to continue to do this if you're hearing me live. By the way, it's seventeen minutes after eight pm Eastern here in what we used to call America. While people are you know, being dealt with in different ways. Don Lemon got arrested I think just after midnight or some craziness. I don't know. Time zones are screwing me all up. But in the last twenty four hours, Don Lemon has been arrested and released. I find that interesting, especially the people that you know, claim to believe in freedom and think that he should have his mouth closed by the government, saying people who think that somebody who's carrying a gun to a protest is wrong if they're protesting on the wrong side. But they were also the same people who said that jackass up in the Bird sanctuary years ago was still being a journalist when the Feds let him off because he's nothing but a fed himself. That's okay. That journalist was okay to cut loose, and those guys having guns while protesting was okay, which, by the way, I'm consistent about this. We have a right to carry these weapons. He didn't draw down on federal agents. They murdered him. They didn't kill in self defense, and it's garbage plus six guys to you know, hold this guy down. So not good enough killing the lesbian lover's wifey over there that he got pissed at because you know, the federal agent got told, hey, big boy, why don't you go get some lunch? And then on the other side, I'm not even mad at you, honey, pop up, pop shoot her in the face three times. It's got nothing to do with the fact that his wife left him for a woman or anything. Maybe that's the PTSD that he was still recovering from that he didn't tell his bosses about because allegedly he had had a problem where somebody tried to hit him with a car recently and he couldn't tell the difference when somebody was turning away from him and he shot that. You know, whatever name was good Renee good, I think it is anyway, it is what it is. It was what it was. I'm so irritated. I don't want to cover the news. But maybe we'll find some better things to talk about him, hoping b Petele joined me shortly some reason or other. I'm not seeing him show up here on jitsy, so I don't know. I communicated it to him as best they could. Perhaps there's a problem with you know, and here I go. Now I got to open up teams again. Screw with my computer's computing power, which is getting weirder and weirder by the day, because I think they want me to buy Windows eleven or some such nonsense. Who knows. Maybe I'm in the wrong Bpete chat because he turns around and he cancels his chats and yeah, and then I'm stuck with not knowing exactly how to send them a message anymore. I think we're going to resolve this issue in a couple of weeks because we're going to try and use Twitter spaces. Now, I just send them a double onto a different Bpete chat on teams, so hopefully he'll be able to join me soon. Because you know, you guys don't want to call in except maybe three of you, and we need new callers. So I'm thinking we go on you know, X and ask people on X if they want to call in. They might be a little more hyper sensitive and wanting to use their phones. Be Pete, can you hear me? All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Let me guess you didn't see your message until like three seconds ago. Yeah, okay, you know why I sent it to the wrong bepete again, this is what the problem is. Okay, So I'm screwing that up somehow. But we're going to change this. The next time you and I get together. I want to try and experiment, and I think what we're going to try and use is Twitter or x spaces, okay, in which case I'll just make you a co host on there. People can join through their devices, just you know, by being on X if they want, and we'll retain the phone calls. We'll bring all that over there and broadcast it. Let's try that, because I'm getting sick and tired of this Jitsy being a little shaky. I'm getting sick and tired of every other thing being shaky. Really sucks. They got rid of Skype because as much as people bitched about it, it worked. It was consistent, you know what I mean. Well, yeah, but they want money if you're going to record more than like a half hour. Wow, yeah, I mean, And sadly, Jitsy, we can record for free video. So you know, I'm just saying, look, I'm looking to keep the costs down, because I'll tell you contributions are down, so you know, I mean, if somebody wants to buy me a year's worth of riverside or or stream yard, you know, by the way, I'll take that, no problem. You can pay for it and just give me the keys to the account. You know, if somebody wants to do that, or somehow they have a way of getting that cheaper, maybe they got a discount code or something, please by all means, or if somebody another broadcaster wants to share it, but I can't afford to pay like forty dollars a month, you know, to have that.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, and that's what it comes down to, especially if they want me to pay for it all in one shot, because you know, like for a year. You know what I'm saying, Oh, we'll give you a discount for a year. Well, you know, discount for a year at forty bucks a month, let's just say they make it thirty. Okay, you're still looking at three hundred and sixty dollars and coming up, you know, coming up in April, I'm gonna have to pay a couple hundred to keep the website up. And I'm gonna pay Spreaker because they at least still distribute the audio. But we're gonna have to step up to video somehow and try to you know, maybe maybe you could use your YouTube channel to broadcast us. Would you be willing to do that?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay? See now, if it's your YouTube channel, okay, if you basically here's the deal. If you give me the password to a Gmail account that is tied to you, okay, or you create a separate channel where you just call it I don't know, radio, okay, but you let me have the password to that Gmail, then I can function as a video person under your name, you know, unless you want to do the work. I mean, that's fine if you want to do the work, but I would love to also have access to do it when you're not with me, you know. But either way, at least we could get the Friday shows up on YouTube right away and streamed. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could.
Speaker 3: When you're doing spaces, can you simultaneously put it on YouTube?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, but I can't do. What we can't do is get video recording out of Spaces. And I'm not sure if they want a premium amount because I talked to somebody who I just happened to pop onto somebody's show the other day. And I do that, you know, from time to time you get the radio request the in the side thing like you know, hey, these shows you'd probably be interested in. And the algorithm's not bad because it does pick stuff that I would go listen to, although no matter what's happening, it wants to shove the two Alex Jones channels down in my throat. But other than that, they're pretty good at picking stuff for me because I don't listen to Alex Jones. But other than that, pretty good. So they suggested some JFK thing and I recognize the host name, you know, some guy he's got, you know, a podcast with a few episodes under his belt. He's not you know, well well known or anything. But I was like, yeah, sure, stop in on there. And he had like nine people on or whatever, and once I popped up, he's like, oh, oh, I want to get you on the show. And he's like Chuck O Kelly's with us, and I was like, dude, don't be excited. Everybody hates me, but.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been to a couple of spaces or listened to a couple spaces while they were broadcasting, and it would go It might go a minute and a half and then it would cut off and you'd have to reload it, and then it would go live for another minute and a half, two minutes, and then it would cut off. And it was just to listen to one of these thirty minute deals. You're spending an hour just cutting it off and get it back on.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, but you know what I think it is, and this is just, you know, a diagnosis. And I haven't seen you know, I haven't run any tests on your lines or anything, but I think what you have is what we call like choppy internet, because yeah, it's just the choppy quality of it. It's like, oh, they'll tell you, yeah, it's at this speed and whatever else. But there's also a consistency in communication which relies on both your upload and your download speed. This is what I tried to to people when they said why were you paying three hundred and fifty dollars a month? Because I had smooth communication. That was the key. So I could broadcast video audio. I could literally plug myself into an FM station in Albuquerque right now, and.
Speaker 3: I can see that's something I've been dealing with here with Optimum, they bought out well I forget who it was when I first moved here, but they got bought out immediately by Optimum, and since it has been crap. But Bright Speed has just wired the whole damn town with fiber. Right, and they say that they can bring fiber to your house, not just on the pole, and then they drop a coax. Right, they say they can drop fiber to your router. So I'm thinking about going with them because I can get the one gig. I'm paying eighty bucks a month for fifty bucks, right, and I'm gonna make the switch, but it'll probably be a month be for I do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, if I had access to direct fiber optics here, I would go with it, you know. But what I have instead is my own satellite dish. And I had to go for that because, you know, the cable company, which was the best option and still is honestly, the cable company you know, turned around and said, well, not only do you owe us a bill because they did that whole thing where they kept sliding the bill over you know a couple of days, and a lot of companies do this now, where you got a monthly and you say, okay, so if I pay it on the first, I'm fine, or I paid on the second, I'm fine. Whatever you make it for around the beginning of a month. So you do, you know, say you're rent and everything else with it. Well, the problem is it starts to slide when you don't have thirty days in a month, right, or you don't have thirty one days in a month, and next thing you know is you lose a whole month to them, you'll pay a thirteenth bill on a given year. Yeah, so they did that to me. They all do that, but they did that to me and said, you know, we're not going to make a payment arrangement with you or even change your service. Because I was like, listen, I could drop a couple of other features off of this, and I have the highest allowable thing before you declare me a business and give me a whole set of other circumstances. And you know when when Kim signed up for it, there was a package you gave us HBO and stuff like this, Well they went to full price on it and they said, unless you give us a deposit, we're not going to allow you to make changes in your account. And I'm like, but you pushed me to a thirteenth bill. You're charging me three hundred and fifty dollars plus tax. You know, can you not give me a little bit of slack here and let me cut it down to two hundred and fifty, which I think I can do according to your packages here that you show on your portal. No, and if you don't pay it, we're not going to restore you either. So they wanted essentially two bills paid, which is seven hundred dollars to restore it, okay. And then in addition, if I wanted to make changes after that, they wanted to deposit a couple hundred dollars. So I'm like, a grand I got to hand you to get my service back that you really shouldn't have cut off anyway. I got them to admit they'd cut me off like three days early. That's what happened, by the way. Uh, you know, before I went to Dallas a couple a little bit before that, and then I got went signed with a different company, got a satellite dish and it costs me less, but it is not quite as smooth as the other.
Speaker 3: You've got, so you've got satellite Internet.
Speaker 2: I've got an l SAT right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, I had that, They've they've upgraded. I tried to explain to my brother. This was out in the middle of nowhere where my parents lived. I told him. I said, you know their internet satellite is they've put caps on it. They restrict you after a certain amount. I said, not only that, I said, if you notice with the satellite TV when a storm comes in, it's very rare that you lose the signal. He said yeah. I said, well that's because they've got two satellites shooting at your disc, right, so you're going to pick up signal for me the one, I said, But on satellite internet they only got one, so if it cuts out, I could always tell when it was going to ring ten minutes before it got there. Yep, because the internet would cut out. It was the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 2: See that's but the funny thing is I went and got Remember when you could buy your own at radio shack and you could put it up and then you had to contact directly. Direct TV wasn't something that was a big company that came out and distributed stuff. You had to call them up and they would mail you a card you'd stick into your own stupid machine, because I bought my own thing. And USSB is the other company, because DirecTV had like if you wanted to be able to access pay per view or HBO or you know, Playboy channel premium stuff, right, you had to contract with them, and otherwise you had USSB and USSB would give you like, you know, your junk cable channels, your local TV. They said, they give you a local TV. But it was funny what they did. They give you like ABC from California, they give you NBC from Ohio, they give you, you know, CBS from Florida. You know, I'm like, I'm in New Jersey. Come on, guys, you know what I mean. And I got lucky at one point they gave us a New York channel for like a month. But they give you like two of each of the network channels, and then sometimes you'd get a Fox in that package, and that was extra. So I paid for carte blanche on this thing and wound up, you know, with a satellite dish I had to install. You should have seen that. That was probably comedy. We could have made ald YouTube channel out of that. Me installing a satellite dish on an apartment building roof anyways, funny stuff, but the way the technology has changed. Anytime it started the rain or to win Blue too hard, you lost that satellite signal and there was no refunding you for what you lost either. You know, you couldn't watch it for three days because there was a blizzard. Guess what f you you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've had to get the ladder out, climb up to the top. We had an eye storm one time, and where the dome is in the center, that curved surface on it, I was getting no signaling at all, and I got the flash light, got the ladder out is blowing sideways. I get up there and there's a perfect cone of ice covering that damn center spot. And so as I've slid that off, had all the signal in the world right and he always I can need a windshield wiper up there to keep it cleaned.
Speaker 2: And the only reason why I've been able to maintain certain things, you know, with the radio station and everything, is because I have a mixture of analog and digital technology. So today's problem was I go to plug in the phone, like you know twenty five minutes before we're supposed to broadcast and the phone didn't work. Now, it's not a cell phone, it's it's a regular phone that you could plug into a landline. Okay, And what it is your routers, most of your routers, excuse me, on the back of them have a you know something that does look like it would fit an old phone cord. Right, well, it does. And if you have an access point, you can get a satellite delivered landline, like a pseudo landline. Anyway, this is how we hold the conference call open for callers to call in, which I've done, you know, at the cheapest possible way. Other people are paying forty fifty dollars to have their call systems, right I'm paying, you know. I told you guys like it's ten bucks, you know, to keep my phone lines up when I've desperately said I can't pay the bill and we won't have callers unless somebody sends me ten bucks. This is why, you know, and literally that's happened to me. But I've had a phone for about I don't know, eight nine years because we tried, you know, doing some of that work from home stuff where you got to be like, you know, a telemarket operator kind of guy, and you answer calls. Well, you have to have like a phone with a headset and either a land line or a pseudo land line to do it, even though you're connected on the computer for the rest of your job. But anyway, I've blended this all together and built my own analog access into the digital world, which is why I have a physical mixer in front of me still, and I have a regular, you know, microphone. This isn't you know, a digital nonsense piece that's out there that you only can plug in with USB. This is something I could put this, you know, I could. I could mic anything with this thing. There's a you know, like a and it was a gift from somebody. It's like a five hundred dollars mic. But anyway, you know, I could take this to a concert hall and get all of the intonations I want out of the vocals. I could easily mic half a choir with this thing. It's a nice mic, but it's analog. Then it plugs in and we turn it into a digital signal, which is blended from three four sources. And I do that myself, whether I'm producing somebody else's show or mind now, that's not very impressive because nowadays most people just you know, get an all in one digital package. They plug in if they have internet, they can do their podcast done.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna add the video element to this and try not to, you know, have it take over my life as another bill, cause you know, like I said, fifty dollars a month, let's just say, or forty you know, forty plus tax or whatever to pay for it monthly, or thirty dollars if I pay for it. You know, one or two years at a time is too much for me. You know, first of all, I'm barely surviving due to the fact that you know, people have cut down on support and et cetera, et cetera. But also, you know, missus always had to stay home mostly to help take care of me. You know, I feel like a freakin' invalid trying to get in and out of the stupid machine today. You know, so they could finally get an MRI with me, you know, and in case, I'm not going to go into all the details, but I got I got two fractures in my back making it making the lab, you know, making the the uh you know, MRI tech like shake their head, like, how is it You're still walking around? You know? Uh, and it's uh, what do you call it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: My goodness?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: T seven and eight are both fractured, so you know, go look it up if you want. But basically I got a broken back. Thanks. That's That's what I've been whining about a little bit in case people don't know. But it's making me a little crazy. Between that and the damage to my ear drum that has me with like, you know, tonightis like psychotic tonitis, I would call it, but you know that's happening. Plus, I don't understand things they're said on the left side of me anymore, and that doesn't help me with quite frankly, one of my adaptations visually, I don't know how far away things are, but I have echo location skills and a lot of people don't understand that, or they mistake it as oh, well, when you're blind you can hear better. No, you adapt. So I'm using my ears to do something that you don't use your ears for normally if you're fully cited, but you can do the same thing. It's just you're not paying attention to it. Where if you listen to the way sound bounces off of things when you speak, or you know the precise measurement away from where one sound is made, and you can calculate in your mind exactly how far away something else is by the way the sound bounces off of it. If you pay that kind of attention, it will help you to not walk in the walls when you've got less than ten percent vision. Just say it. So that is now half gone, something that I did have my whole life, and now I don't have because of this constant fricking ringing in my ear, which has put me in a very bad and strange mood. Anyway, before we got started tonight, I also did the Michael Parenti thing. We do have phone line stabilized and you can call in, so if you want to join in, change the conversation, reset it, give us something else to talk about. I don't want to talk about Vanilla isis out there? I really don't, because you know, I'm angry beyond belief. And it's not because I'm a liberal. You know, I was just as angry when they shot other people too. But people that were reaching for guns got shot, and certain people who are now in certain movements in our country were screaming up and down that they were murdered by the FBI. But when ice agents kill somebody, no question, the cops are in the right. It's amazing how people's sides change based on their yeah, truly, their prejudice. I'm not somebody who's friendly to the cops point of view. I've never been. And you know, what, can I say? I do have a bit of a slant on that. Maybe it's because of the way I was treated by police, and I've seen other people treated by and I recognize certain policing patterns. But these fuckers aren't even police, excuse my language. They're poorly trained. And anybody who can look at you with a straight face and tell you I'm wrong about that is delusional. Six guys to take down the guy who's got a gun in his back, That's not necessary. I've worked with bouncers who were drug addicts, who were illiterate, who just happened to be big enough guys to get the job done, who knew how to take down a guy with less than six friggin' helpers. You mean to tell me this is good training? Nope? But anyway, I don't want to do that. I want to talk about anything else. In fact, tell me how bad Starfleet Academy was, you know, for the past four episodes, and it is terrible. And you know why it's terrible because it's woke and retarded. It's really just beyond stupid. You guys thought that Star Trek was woke and silly before. Nope, these guys said, hold my beer, we got completely stupid for you in a sci fi show. I used to think smart people watch sci fi shows, but apparently somebody decided to make sci fi shows for stupid people that are also in the liberal delusion. So you know, what can I say? But everybody is having their own individual delusions, and I see Jimmy James on the line. But I do want to give Bpe a chance to change the tone because my tone will go the wrong way today. I want somebody else to lead and guide this because I'm not in the mood to be nice to anybody. I don't care who they are anymore if they're gonna say stupid things to me. And b Pete at the very least is sensible. Even when he does take a stupid point of view, he makes sense of it, which is funny to me, and is confrontational and gives us a bit of a and he thinks I'm a frickin nut sometimes because I'm off in some place that does not fit with the reality he perceives. But we can do that and not wind up with hateful stupidity. So that's why he's here, and that's why he continues to be here, and I'm happy he is, and I think we need to step it up. Yeah, And I do want to use x spaces very soon, and I am looking for a way to integrate video into this somehow, because apparently that's part of the reason why my podcast is dying as well, because now a podcast which used to be audio based and still does have you know, plenty of audio feeds out there, now none of them are surviving unless you give them something to look at. And they even have specialized filters now, which I'm really pissed off about because this was my idea years ago, is that we should figure out a way to get a real time cartoon to be able to be the face of our voices because I know nobody. You know, I'm not pretty. Some people are, but I'm not, so I would rather be able to mold and shape a wacky cartoon, even if it's an exaggerated goofy version of me, or if it were like, you know, something that changes up weird. I even had an idea that we could all be fish and we'd be in a fish tank, except my you know, my fish tank. You know, Avatar has a microphone, right, and then we get Bepete to have a fish tank microphone, you know, with a microphone, and his fish guy would be consistently. We'd probably always put a hat on him, because I don't think I've ever seen be Pete without a hat for more than five seconds, So we'd probably put a baseball hat on him. And and he would obviously be a little older than me, and you know, we try to make the facial expressions match and wackiness, and obviously you got to stick you know, glasses on mine, stuff like that. And then even the callers, what we would do is have a fish go up to a payphone. I know, what's a payphone, old man, but still you have a fish go up to a payphone, and then we could give them any characterization we want in real time, and then as they talk, they would be fish. And everybody thought I was stupid and I said, I'm telling you people are going to do this. And now I see there's a whole bunch of podcasts out there that are either using you know, real looking faces but AI voices in real time, where you know clearly the AI is reading it and doesn't understand what it's reading or there, or it's the other way around, where it's a guy and he's talking and it's his voice and it's all cool. But like, there's this one guy out there who is a floating potato. That's what he is. You're floating potato with headphones on and like a mic that comes across to you know, look like he's got a headset on and as he talks, he's a floating potato. I know that sounds stupid, but I've also seen cartoons of guys that don't even you know, ROMM look like the guy. It's an exaggerated crazy thing like you know, Schwarzenegger build, and kind of like, you know, obviously he's supposed to be a cartoonish image of a good looking guy, and meanwhile, you know he's a nerdy goofball. You know, God, I don't even know what the proper insults are anymore. For like a nerd. But anyway, the guy's a real nerd. But he's got like, you know, a movie star looking cartoon image of himself up on the screen, and that's what passes some of these videos. Some people just show slides. Some people. I mean, I thought it was funny when I put the puppies on a couple of my interviews where my camera was just on the puppies while I'm on the microphone, and you know, the mama dog is sitting there just letting them breastfeeding stuff, and I just thought it was funny. Just yeah, every time I talk, that's what you're looking at, my puppies. Screw it. You know, you gotta give him visual. You got to give him something shiny to look at. Otherwise you're not a podcast anymore. So now I finally have to go to video. So the blind Guy's got to make video. And I don't want to pay a fortune for it. So anybody who's got ideas, and don't tell me zoom, because zoom by the time you pay for it. So we can do this for more than thirty minutes on any given moment will not work. So unless somebody wants to give me a free pass to a Zoom account that happens to have the extended video time, or somebody wants to share one of these other accounts with me. You know, we're obviously we'll pay our way somehow. Like I'm sure that if I had to give somebody, say twenty dollars a month, I could handle twenty dollars a month, just barely to have access to say Riverside or stream Yard, or there's another new one out there that looks really good. Actually that's you know, trying to bait and switch, and they tell you can buy different options, but in order to do everything, you're gonna you know, we could split this bill and it could be fifteen or twenty dollars a month, and I'll pay you monthly, regardless of whether you bought it for three years and got a discount or whatever. I'll pay you monthly for my knowing that I have a clear password and use of it. And in fact, I'll change the time of day I broadcast if that'll help. If you broadcast in the night slots and you don't want to overrun with me, you know what, I'll start doing the afternoon or the morning. I don't know if Ppeter'll go along with the morning, but I will and I could probably get Larry Hancock to join us. Morning is well, there you go, right, But if it was, say ten am, would you go for that? I could do tennish, tennish, okay tennis or later yeah, yeah, okay. Well let's just say this guy wants all of my times, which usually I start at seven pm and around midnight I'm about done. So the thing is this, if I say, okay, fine, I'll tell you what. I'll take twelve pm to six pm, and you never try to use it during that time without making special arrangements with me, and you can make it, you know, from six pm to midnight, no problem, no need for special arrangements. That's the time you own. And in fact, we could probably get a third person in if everybody's reasonable, behaves themselves, and they could have midnight to six am. Now I know not everybody would want that slot, but if you were in Australia or if you were in the UK, you know what, they will take euros and turn it into dollars. We could split the damn thing three ways and pay no more than fifteen dollars a month to have top tier service on a shared account. I have no problem with that if people want to be reasonable, you know, and some other people have done this and they're doing just fine with it. I don't want to name names. I'm a little pissed off they didn't invite me to participate, and I asked for a slot if it ever opens up. But apparently some people, even though they only do one show a week, really really need their spot with this little group. But anyhow, it is what it is. It was what it was anyway. Now that I've run in my mouth about all this for way too damn long, what time is it already? We've already been a half hour deep into the show. So I want to give BPTE a chance to say something, and then I want to give all of you who are listening for some strange, crazy reason at forty eight minutes after eight pm Eastern Okay, on the thirtieth day of January twenty twenty six. Why do I say it? Because this will be replayed. I did some short attention span DJ theaters this week. I did another rant which only took me about fifteen minutes to complete, So I undershot a show. I might take that and stick it in the members section, or put it out in conjunction with another show. I don't know yet. I'm gonna do something with it. Maybe I'll add it to the Michael Parenti tribute that I did earlier. But either way, I'm still producing, no matter how bad I'm injured, and no matter how badly, I'm just trying to keep you know, three people from freezing to that here in Georgia, cause that's been a tough fight this week. You know, again, I get it. I used to laugh at people that complained about, oh my god, it snowed for the first time in three years. Yeah, I get it, and that is funny. But you know, when it's been consistently cold for almost a month now and you got twenty degree temperatures in a subtropical region of the country that's not supposed to ever get this cold and usually only has about two weeks of cold weather a year, your blood's a little thin, your house aint built right, and your heating solutions are wrapped up in guess what a gigantic electric bill? You know, I don't want to pay twenty two dollars a day to keep more, but I have to, and I've had to ask friends, listen, I don't know how manny keep the lights on next couple of days, because I'm paying for it by the day, by the way, because i lost my ability to have a regular bill, so now I'm on I pay as you go, and yeah, when that gets down to zero and I've got two dollars left, yeah, I'm going to some of my friends saying, listen, I need a couple bucks keep the lights on. And sometimes they got it, and sometimes they don't, you know. So I'm just saying, just saying, but I don't want to make this into a megathon or anything else. I want to make this into something interesting in theater of the mind should play a role in this at all times. But in the next couple of weeks, if I continue to be able to broadcast, I want to switch us over try out that the X spaces thing with Bpete, and if that works, I think I'm going to start encouraging other guests and everybody else to use that as our point of communication and a simulcast. So I think we'll just start broadcasting on X and you know, God help us. The algorithms will probably never find me unless you're somebody who knows how to write good keywords on X you know that happen to get weird attention outside of the five people that you know. If you know how to do that, please contact me via X I'm at Shelly Effect and tell me that you want to write the crib notes for me here. You want to write the triggered praises because I'd love to pop up on people's top five or top ten. Hey, go listen to a Twitter or excuse me, an X space broadcast. I'm trying to adjust my headphone off of my left ear so that it doesn't blend with that high pitch squeal, which is why I'm having a prolonged monologue here, and I'm testing a few things. But I think I'm done. And my apologies to Jimmy James, who was still on the phone, but also to Bepte because I wanted to let him cut loose a lot sooner. In the meantime, I want to let you guys cut loose. I don't want to keep talking tonight, so please shut me up by calling in and talking about anything else in the world. Engage with bepete, engage with each other, talk to the wall, make it entertaining say something new please three one nine five two seven five zero one six. I think I paid this bill this month, but they'll send me a notice soon if I didn't. It's the cheapest way I can maintain the phone bank. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's three one nine, five two seven five zero one six. That is the number to call. We are still live here on a Friday night at fifty two minutes past eight pm Eastern on o'chelly dot com radio and the twenty four to seven radio station runs at the cheapest possible cost. And you know what, suggestions for things that I could grab up that you know might be out there and I can't put into a podcast because of copyright issues, I can run on there. Somebody mentioned uncle Floyd in the chat room, and oh my goodness, so you're gonna do a tribute to uncle Floyd. Now that's a tri state area thing. You might have heard about him across the country. Uh, they mentioned him in a few movies, et cetera. And he's that goofy guy who looks like he's wearing what do you call those hats that have like a square top on them and they're sort of bent up. It's like a bowler, but it's got a square top at the top. Beatp, what's that at called.
Speaker 3: A square top?
Speaker 2: A flat top? Not square? But you know, like, okay, so you know what a bowler looks like, right, like like the car like straw hats, No, not necessarily straw. These were a funky, weird thing I used to see on like drunk pollocks at freaking barbecues. Thank god we're not putting this up on YouTube because I would have to say that, you know, they were the unlive people of Polish descent. Who I am making no illusions against freaking YouTube anyways, Noah, but I used to see literally, I used to see these on pollox all the time, and they used to have loud, clashing colors, and it was like you took a bowler hat right, and you put the flat part of a fedora on top of that, and so the bowler brim going all the way around and a flat top and then ridiculous patterns and a around it. Do you ever see that hat?
Speaker 3: Don't recall seeing one of those, at least not the way you've described it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Uncle Floyd is one of these guys like older men in the seventies who were at the bar at nine am, and like I say, mostly like Pollock's Germans. Okay, you know, people like this, the whier and weirder parts of Europe. In my opinion, those guys who were clearly that and might even still have a light accent, would show up at the bar early because they left work early or they don't work. Those kind of guys somehow get through life in the nineteen seventies. But they would show up like that, and they would a lot of them would have these hats on them describing Uncle Floyd wore one of those, and then he would wear like a plaid suit jacket and like a Hawaiian shirt okay, and big loud striped pants, you know. And then on a good day when he's trying to dress up. You ever see the movie Easy Money with Rodney Dangerfield, Yeah, so you remember when Rodney's like wearing the common man look, and it's all his like funky old man stuff, you know, like he's not even that old of a guy, but he's wearing like stuff that. You know, people on a golf course wouldn't get caught dead wearing the bowling shirts, the weird clashing patterns, like might be stripes and polka dots on next piece of clothing, that kind of stuff. Remember when they did that. So guys who dressed like that, you don't see those anymore, but that was a thing in the seventies, remember the seventies eighties. You'd see guy like that. You're like, yeah, that's probably a Polish guy, a German guy, right, something like that, or maybe a Russian guy who got out of the Soviet Union would be dressed like that, like I love America, this is great. And always they were drunk, you know, and they could hold their liquor. But if they stood at that bar for like three four hours, that's when I would challenge him to a game of pool when I was six years old, because I could beat him for a dollar and it was fun. You know. These were the guys who figured out how to cut off two fingers making a sub sandwich at the local shop, you know that kind of guy.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at vintage men's hats to see if I can see anything remotely resembling what you described.
Speaker 2: All right, don't you don't even need to do that, you know what, Go ahead and put into whatever search engine you want, Uncle Floyd TV Show, New Jersey, New York, like njn why Uncle Floyd TV Show NJ and Why, And I guarantee you an image of them will come up. There might be a puppet named Oogie, but the guy who looks like a Goofball. It's sort of like that guy who became world famous. You know, they say they got fifteen minutes of fame. This guy got about fifteen seconds of fame. And he was another Tri State area guy. They called him doctor Dirty. And he's the guy who used to have those the songs, like song parodies, but nothing you know developed. It was like the the sawdust barroom version of weird Al Yankovic. And he was most famous for being in a couple of movies Going and I took her to that gang bang where she was banging a like vaudeville sounded dude on a piano. He was another guy who was famous for being horrible and yet memorable in New Jersey and New York in seventies eighties. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Okay, I see what kind of hatch you're talking about. Yeah, what do you call homicide? Life on the streets? I don't know what it's called, but Meldrick used to wear one. It's a type of a fedora. Let me go back to where I was, Meldrick.
Speaker 2: You don't mean what he called ELS's character, right?
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, he was partners with him off and on. It's let's let me go to this page.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things though they have a.
Speaker 3: Description like it's a short brim Yeah, it's a short brimmed hat, right, And.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you know, you could see the same kind of you know, pattern or the same kind of print could be put on one of those you know, fisherman hats, the fishing cap, you know, like the guy and the guy in mash wore one all the time, and he wore one that was either khaki or was O D. Green, right, and he would have a whole bunch of fishing hooks hanging out of it. Well, you know the guys that had like loud, crazy stuff on those, you know, like eyeballs with feet for no reason, you know, stuff like that, but printed in all different directions on that. Well, Uncle Floyd, if you look at his hat, I'm telling you he's one of these guys. One of the youngest people ever saw wearing one of those hats, because you don't wear these things, you know, being under the age of thirty five. There's no there's no way because somebody will beat your ass.
Speaker 3: You know, down here, you don't wear them over the age of thirty five either.
Speaker 2: Well no, but it's just like you know, when you see a guy and he's a little older and he's got that thing that I was calling a snapcap, which is apparently a.
Speaker 3: Flatcase, says it's a trillby a.
Speaker 2: Trill bey, Okay, that might be right. But anyway, Uncle Floyd was like cheesy. Uncle Floyd was cheesy, goofy. He clearly had you know, like the low budget show on TV, and it lasted for decades. It was crazy. I went to film an episode of Video Spotlight in Nutleigh, New Jersey, and like it was the weirdest thing. It's like this apartment building in the middle of nowhere, Nutley, New Jersey. Look up Nutley. I'm sure it looks the same as it did in the nineties. I go there and I see behind the Video Spotlight guy that there's parts of Uncle Floyd's like you know set or just like lining up against the wall and I'm like, wait a minute, Uncle Floyd films here. Yeah, I wound up hanging out there for a little bit and grabbed a bass and wound up playing bass for like five seconds on the Uncle Floyd Show. But I can't find that Video Spotlight episode. It was one of the longest times I ever got on a TV show when I was a musician. You know, like I've been on very few shows as a JFK Assassination researcher, but that's because I'm always behind the scenes on things. But when I was in front of the scenes, it was hard for me to get on TV, you know, as a local performer. You know, only performances on TV I can or the only times I popped up on TV is on Live Aid on the original broadcast. There is apparently a picture of me. Somebody sent me like a screenshot, and now I can't find it. But apparently you can find a picture of me wearing one of those Painters caps. On that day at Live Aid, I did Video Spotlight, which I was on for like forty five minutes out of an hour long TV show on New Jersey the Network. And other than that, you know, my my attempts to get into movies. I was edited out or I was waiting in the background, you know what I mean. I TV was not something I easily got to. Are the dogs barking real loud? VP?
Speaker 3: I can hear them in the background, all right. It doesn't override you, but yeah, I can hear them.
Speaker 2: All right. Then it's a perfect time for me to turn it over to you, because we're about an hour deep already. We are gonna have Aaron Franz at ten pm Eastern, we are gonna have Uncle at eleven pm Eastern, And I'm hoping that some of you call in outside of Jimmy James. Jimmy James is on hold now three one nine five two seven five zero one six. I have now spilled my guts and rambled now for all this time, and tried to deal with a couple issues, uh and tested everything. So, my friend, what is on your mind? Forget about all the crap I just spewed. What's on your.
Speaker 3: Mind this week?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm getting ready for a snowstorm. We're getting ready to get a anywhere between a foot foot and a half snow. It starts tomorrow morning, So it's gonna be fun around here. We don't normally. This is how we historically get snow is a low pressure develops around Florida and it comes right up the coast when we've got these twenty degree temperatures, so where most most times we might get six inches, they're calling for a foot to a foot and a half. Wow, So it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: That's a lot from North Carolina. What are we talking about this weekend?
Speaker 3: Or yeah, starting tomorrow morning and going through part of the day Sunday, and we've been put under a curfew. This is funny. On a Facebook page for the community, I went to it and they've posted that we are under it. We are going to be under a curfew starting tomorrow night at six o'clock I think until Monday morning. And so it doesn't tell you what the restrictions are, just says we're under a curfew. So I posted, can somebody tell me what that means? How can you know if you're violating a curfew if you don't know what it entails. And I haven't checked the answers yet, but you know me, I go for a walk every day if I can. If I'm out there walking in the snow, am I subject to arrest.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you're talking about the kind of curfew where they might literally ticket you or arrest you if you're on the streets past a certain time.
Speaker 3: Well, usually when you have a curfew, you have certain restrictions. Now there's a difference between telling people, Look, it's going to be bad out there. We don't have any city equipment to push roads. If it's not a state maintained highway, it's not going to get pushed. And if it gets pushed, it's going to be at least a day after the stuff falls. So just stay off the roads, how about it. No, we are under and a first an official declared emergency curfew starting tomorrow, but they won't say what the curfew entails, what you can and can't do.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, well that's weird. This is how you know you're in a state, by the way, that doesn't often get snow. Because what they would do in Jersey or New York, or Connecticut or Pennsylvania, any of these places where else I've lived in the northeast, right is they would put you under a state of emergency and tell you that no essential travels should take place on the roads. That's what they would do. They wouldn't tell you you had to stay in your house. You want to go outside and play in the snow, knock yourself out, but you ain't going far. And I mean I walked through some of those state of emergencies and people thought I was insane. Cops would stop and be like, like almost, They're trying to check me mentally to make sure I'm not, you know, crazy and gonna freeze myself to death. But you know, I'd be like, Noah, look, I can't drive and the roads are empty. I got to get somewhere. Yeah, it's only five minutes away.
Speaker 3: You remember, do you remember when you were living near me, if you went up to the main d and you took a right the big park that was there, Oh yeah, huh at the baseball fee. All right, Well, the street that runs in front of that building was one of the good ones. But there's three streets in a row that have this shumongous hill, and the city used to come and block off the road for everybody to sledd Yeah, and we would take sleds inter teer to everything else. Hell, we would walk halfway across town in the snow foot and half deep, just to go sledding. It was nothing to be out, you know, on the roads and if you could get the hood off an old Volkswagen. And a friend of yours had a tractor. We used to go to this huge k or Wolco Kmar parking lot and hooked that thing up to a rope. And you've not lived until you've been dragged at thirty miles an hour behind a tracker on the hood of a Volkswagon. It's fun.
Speaker 2: You know what else was great then is we had a slightly different version of it in but uh, you get the broken tables from the furniture warehouse. You know it's missing a leg, but it's a good sled still, you know what I mean. They used to toss those.
Speaker 3: Out West. We used inner tubes more than we used sleds. Okay, that makes sense just because of the safety factor.
Speaker 2: Right, So missus Ojus joined me. She didn't get the privilege of my freak out over the phone. I couldn't get working. But anyways, here we are and we are taking calls three one nine, five, two seven, five year one six so outside of the weather, and I don't let me forget. I got a joke. I wanted to tell to the uh to the technicians today, but didn't.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think you might appreciate it more as I'm trying not to throw up and talk to you at the same time.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But anyways, thought, Yeah it is, isn't it? But anything else you got on your mind before we start piling into the phone callers? And I think we still only got Jimmy James over there. Yep, No, I.
Speaker 3: Am just an update. Michigan is beating Michigan State forty to twenty four in the basketball game. Oh playoffs. Yes, it's going to be New England and Seattle for the Super Bowl. It's gonna be interesting. Go Seattle.
Speaker 2: Well you know what I got this, You know, still screw the Patriots thing in my head, So I think I got to go with the Seahawks too. But I'm sure Uncle will be talking about that tonight, at least I hope. So when did they play in the Supersol for the Rams? Yeah? He was hoping for that, but that's done.
Speaker 3: H It didn't happen.
Speaker 2: It didn't happen. Listen, they got the World Series this year. That's enough for California. But Seattle's always weird to me. I had to root for them when they were you know, against Colorado years ago, and that was what we called offline the Weed Bowl because at that time that was the only two states that had legalized cannabis for like everything, and it was like, look, the two states where you know weed is perfectly legal's that's your Super Bowl teams this year? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Kicks me off is the quarterback for Seattle. We had in Charlotte at the Panthers and they cut him and I never could understand why they put the money out to draft him and then get rid of him. And our guy does all he can do to win eight games, and Darnold's in the Super Bowl. We shoot ourselves in the foot every time.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it could be worse. You could be a metsman anyways. You want to get to Jimmy James.
Speaker 3: Or what, Yeah, we can get to Jimmy. But I have to remind you, for the past six seven years at Carolina, it's almost been like being Cleveland fans. So I know where you're coming from.
Speaker 5: You mean the Browns, right, Yeah, weren't they like the worst team in football until like three years ago, like consistently on the screw.
Speaker 3: But see, you got to give them credit, though, when their team left, they kept the name, which is what they should have done in Baltimore. The Colts always should be in Baltimore, you know, the Cardinals should always be in Saint Louis. Dead was just gonna sell them to Arizona. I mean, that's ridiculous. I look at the Rams. How many times they bounced around?
Speaker 2: Were the Raiders? For Christ's sake? Are they not the Las Vegas Raiders now or whatever?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they finally went to Vegas and they've done well since moving there. I'm good. I'm glad to see that.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go. So let's put Jimmy on and see what he's got to say. Maybe he wants to talk football, maybe he's got something else on his mind. Jimmy, Hopefully everything's working. How you doing?
Speaker 1: Do good?
Speaker 2: All right? You know it was the problem with my back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad to see you. By the big snow situation.
Speaker 2: Well, B tells me there's more cower go out. Well, I hear somebody typing, but nobody's talking.
Speaker 3: That's me. I'm typing in a room. Care Jimmy was talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jimmy, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh, I said, did you guys get a did you power go out either? Running it last week a few times?
Speaker 3: Oh no, we got we we only it didn't even flicker. I got like a sixteenth of inch of ice on my neighbors Azelia Bush, and they were giving us, you know, fear mongering for a week. It's gonna be terrible. Now this one, this one I'll pay attention to. But this one all be snow, so I'm not worried about power and crap like that. Although the wind is going to get up about forty fifty miles an hour for a while, but I think with the snow will be okay.
Speaker 2: There you go. So how's it in uh Michigan.
Speaker 1: Well, it's garbage, but it always is in winter. Yesterday is negative twenty ooh last night, Wow, it's chilly.
Speaker 3: That's just too cold. That's just too cold. But I mean anything below we're supposed to let's see tomorrow night is supposed to get down in like fifteen. The wind chill is going to put it down below zero for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 1: It's very rough here. One place they sat somewhere in the upper province. Well, the word shugar factor was negative fifty five. It's so bad. It's some kind of record.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, what do you do when is that cold?
Speaker 2: Well, when you're kind of used to the twenty degree weather, it sucks, but it's not as brutal as you think when you're very used to it. You know, I used to go out in ten fifteen degree weather. I was one of those lunatics with the white beater on shoveling snow. You know, because you were so like hardened to it, it wasn't so bad. But that kind of temperature he's talking about, that's where you start to get to go. Wait a minute, you know, you go outside to pee and ice cubes land on the ground before you know, before like ice cubes land instead of being.
Speaker 3: I'm at a friend of mine he moved to Ohio and they used to get a lot of the wind coming off the lake and he said it was so bad he had to take the battery out of his car and take it in the house every night so the cold wouldn't kill it. And I thought, you know, it's just when you're when it's that cold, that's like being in the Arctic Circle. I mean, it's just how the hell do you function? Everything's got to be Diesel. I would think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're cheap oil starts to actually become slushy, you know you're in trouble, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's just rough, I mean, damn yeah, you know what, Uncle.
Speaker 1: They always call the guy in Canada.
Speaker 4: The north Man, But you do realize some farther north than most Canadians. They all live by the border. If you look at Michigan, I'm way farther north.
Speaker 2: Yeah. North Man hasn't called in lately because he's been recovering from surgery. But I'd love to hear what he's got to say about this weather lately. Uh, because I don't know. I haven't I haven't seen a Canadian weather report, you be beete.
Speaker 3: No, I figure it's too damn cold for me. So I'm looking at ut and the Islands.
Speaker 1: You realize that I'm actually farther nor than the Canadians. Yeah, the Canadians all live right.
Speaker 3: By the border.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in one of those sports right, Well, you're in one of those spots. Everybody forgets about that curve at the top of the US. You know, whenever they draw out the US border, they usually make it a straight line. That's incorrect. It's like a it's a weird scoop down. I've always wondered about that actually, like how they came up with that exactly, you know, like the weird you know nothing, it's it's a.
Speaker 1: Very everything is so off scale. Yeah, it's confusing when you look.
Speaker 2: It's like the great border bulge, you know, at the top of the continental US. And I don't understand it. It's like, why did they start? Because there's spots in Washington or whatever that are way higher than major Canadian cities, you know, and like, you know, north, going north, they're further north than a lot of Canadian cities are as you go across that bulge, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm sure. It's like here the Upper Peninsula. I mean that's why I said, I mean to live there. It's just like Alaska minus smaller mountains. That's it, smaller mountains. That's the kind of people that live in.
Speaker 2: The up Yeah, smaller mountains. Smaller mountains and yeah, smaller mountains and uh and no check for the oil that they give every resident in Alaska. Right, you don't get an oil check and you still freeze your nuts off.
Speaker 1: I mean, no good right, Yeah, that sums it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's the only way I can look at it, which reminds me of that joke I was going to tell these guys because it was a guy and a girl and the girl I think was really the technician, and the guy was like the nurse helper. But he was like, you know, a regular guy. It wasn't like he was, you know, coming in and screaming about drag race or anything, you know like that. And the girl seemed like a regular girl. But the guy says to me, is I'm trying to you know, I'm sticking in earplugs because I'm going into a machine.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Again, these machines are so old, because I know that this technology was around and they made it better since the nineties. But they put you in a tunnel and then there's a lot of noise inside of the MRI okay that you are inside of now. And they were very concerned about whether I did or did not have bullet fragments in me and all that. But anyways, no, no, no, no problems with the metal. I got it covered already, don't worry about it. Anyways, I go in there, but on my way in the guy goes, are you from New York? And I said, why would you ask me that? And he says, well, look your accent, you know. I said, okay, okay, I said, now, what you're hearing is a Jersey accent where we do go into New York, but the real root of it is most of the people there for a couple of generations, like the majority of the population was Italian and Irish and kind of living in an area where we developed our version of the New York sound, which you guys heard on the Jersey Shore but still call it New York. But anyway, he was like, oh, okay, and I was thinking about making a joke to the guy. Listen, it's real easy. I can give you the whole you know, Jersey to English or Jersey to Redneck, you know translation key, if you want, I'll give you, you know, the Great Stone if you'd like, right, the Rosetta Stone, if you will, to translate New York, New Jersey to Redneck and back and forth. And it's real simple. That old phrase blessed their heart, right, Okay. What they're telling you in plain English is that they're dealing with somebody stupid, and that's all there is to it. They're clearly stupid, but there's another level to it that maybe I don't necessarily understand. But BPTE, am I right or wrong?
Speaker 1: Wait that bpt I. I'm just curious about this too. Is it always an insult? Because like when LBJ was on the phone with that Senator Russell, someone died and they said, well, both so and so died and he is a friend of mine. He's a friend of yours too, even.
Speaker 4: Though he didn't believe in the thing you believed in, Lynn, and.
Speaker 1: He even gave you a donation. And then John says, yeah, bless his hard. I didn't get the impression that he was insulting him.
Speaker 3: So is it always an insult?
Speaker 1: I don't get that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, he's an idiot. It's not he's a useful idiot.
Speaker 3: He's an insult. But okay, nine times out of ten, yeah, bless his heart.
Speaker 2: Nine times out of ten. I'm sorry. You know, See that's his fake politeness that comes out of the Southern ideal. It's not nine. It's way more than nine times out of ten. Maybe on occasion rarely they actually mean give them a blessing to their good heart, but really, what it means is that's the only thing that's good on them because their brain is dead. Okay, And there you go. There is the result of how you got to translate from Jersey to southern redneck. And it works like this. And I don't mean ignorant redneck. I mean just common Jersey the way we actually talk to each other, and common you know, Southerner the way they talk to each other. Really okay, but notice Johnson is saying this because the other guy say, listen, he gave you a donation. Yeah, okay, so he was a useful idiot. Bless his heart is really what you should be hearing there. But the way the comments are loaded, it works both ways. See with a guy from Jersey especially, but a guy from Jersey New York, you know, the tri state area, let's call it. Instead of saying bless their heart, you look at somebody who says and clearly has now you know, qualified themselves as a retard. And you look at somebody else who happens to be there, and you're hoping that they're witnessing this. So you add it. You add it, and you hyperboleze the insult and you make it even bigger. This way it can be laughed off or fluffed off as something where it's like, oh, that's just a joke. The other thing sounds polite and nice. But really, what you just got called was an idiot. And I do mean an idiot as in village idiot, or as in you know, the town slow minded guy whatever apparently you are, because bless your heart. But see in Jersey, it would be like, you know, let's just say it's a girl who just said or did something stupid, and I'm looking at a guy. So now I'm going to make a hyperbole here and confuse the issue and make it sound like a joke. So you see this, I mean, are you actually seeing this stupid who over here? She retired or what? Now I've loaded three things into there, but all it really means is I'm not. And by the way, if I said who, it's different than the whore, See a whore gets paid to who were is just somebody who's you know, easy, and so on and so forth. So you got the double entendre with a single word. But the complexity there is that I'm asking this guy a question. I didn't even insult her directly. See what I mean? Now, if I switch it over and it's I'm talking to a girl and there's a guy there. And this is not always gender specific, but this is a good way to divide it. I might look at this guy and say, oh, sweetie. First of all, I just demean her with that a little bit, which is something else Southerners doing. I don't know how that works exactly, but this whole like you know, where they're starting to calling you sweet nice names. They don't mean that, they don't mean it at all, they mean something else. But anyway, this is the deflection. I'm calling her sweet. He sounds like I'm being nice, but really I'm just undercutting her because she's not much more but a witness here. You see this, You know, in the old days, we would just say, you know, fag or fig or something like that, to undermine his masculinity first, and say undermine, not underline, undermine his masculinity first, but then ask her, do you see how this fag is also a retard? Now? Still, I didn't address the guy because he's not worth talking to. I talk to her, demean her, flipped it back to her. Turned into a joke because the guy doesn't even have to have a limp wrist. I could just throw it in there to undercut his masculinity and his mental abilities all in one shot. Plus he's not worth talking to. It's the same sentiment. Okay, So he's saying.
Speaker 3: Northern people are just rude bastards. How about that.
Speaker 2: No, we're just rude in a different way. We're making a hyperbolic joke, whereas you guys are being sarcastic without a sarcastic tone. You know, you're just looking at an idiot going, hey, that's a rocket scientist there. That's all you're doing, and you know it's actually more efficient the way that they do it. But in Jersey you got a muddy the waters more because we don't know what clear water looks like.
Speaker 3: He just do stealth sarcasm. It's in stealth mode, that's all. Okay, you guys are just flat rude.
Speaker 2: But that's not rude at all, because five people could be laughing about that. The idiot doesn't even know he was insulted because he thinks you're making a joke and you're scoring points with the person you did decide to ask questions with. So there is a triangular diplomacy to that. Okay, and you got your stealth, you know, trying to be sneaky. Yeah, good deal. But that's about it. So but either way, these things are loaded, and there's a bunch of sentimentality that is actually unspoken regardless, and it's still and it's about the same thing, it really is. And the fun part is that Southerners when they hear this, they think it's hilarious. They're like, oh my god, I can't believe how rude that person. And they're laughing. And guess what, you do that same thing with like people up north, they will take it the same way. They'll be laughing their asses off.
Speaker 1: So I think you just describe the secret to Tracy Morgan's success.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that guy's crazy.
Speaker 1: He's a little crazy. He's a he's a New York character. He's almost from Jersey. But he's that's that's the secret of success. If you ever watch that guy in an interview or anything, he never he looks at the guy interviewing him. He's a staring off. I love that guy. Nuts.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm in my own world. You people are just here to film it, so deal with it. Yeah, that's the attitude he's got, and that is a outer boroughs kind of attitude in New York. That is a New York specific thing. But he's also a little nuts, which helps because he'll just say outlandish stuff. You know. I was actually listening to Tracy Morgan this week a little bit, trying to, like, you know, find something better on YouTube.
Speaker 6: Sorry, listen, did you did you listen to the one where he was staring at was it the one where he was with.
Speaker 1: Conan O'Brien and he was sticking at Conan o pride space and he's a pride what's your problems? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I just make I feel like I might know that guy. That's all. I can't take my eyes off that guy. It's all.
Speaker 2: Funny, no see, that's that to me is lightweight. And I'll tell you why. You go and take a look at like clips from the old Howard Stern shows when Tracy Morgan first got on there, and Howard Stern wasn't this weird signal virtualing signal virtue virtue signaling liberal abortion that he is today, He's a ridiculous uh uh freak and that's why nobody's listening to him anymore. Howard Stern is over but during a time when he was still an edgy DJ and he first had Tracy Morgan on, and he also had the TV show. You ought to listen to those because those are funny because Tracy Morgan's a fan of his and actually pays attention to him and doesn't do the diversionary crap, so it's actually kind of fun to hear Howard Stern go, okay, so tell me about all the women you banged while you were on Saturday Night Live. And Tracy Morgan starts to tell the story. But you know what it sounds like when Tracy tells the story, so it's all this crazy crap, and he goes off in all these different directions, talking about basically, you know, I don't care who I knock up, if it's a stewardess or whoever. So what more babies in the world, things like this. He goes through this whole thing, Howard's riding along with it, and then he goes and says, well, how often do you cheat on your wife? And he goes, I've never cheated on my wife. I can take a lot of textra test to that. What's wrong with you? And just watch how he controls the whole rooms like, you know, because Howard had like extra writers back then, he had like six people in that studio, plus Robin Off in her own little booth, and Robin couldn't even handle it. She wouldn't even talk during it until Trey she would turn over there and they'd be like, oh, we thought you only liked white women, and he'd go, oh, no, I do every color. What's wrong with you? All I know about his women and what they got and where they're gonna let me put it. I'm telling you, it was amazing to listen to. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love when his stirt's going on. I would have get you pregnant. I'm gonna put more babies in you than an orphanage.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well yeah, that's one of his lines too. But that's the thing is he flips that stuff around so fast. I mean, I know it's all sealacious, it's all dirty and everything, but it is so intelligent the way he constructs this stuff, and he pulls people into a story. And next thing you know is he's yanking out the rug out from Howard Stern during an interview. And usually back then when Howard Stern still had interview skills right, and he wasn't looking to just kiss the ass of Hollywood A listeners and you know, and scream at people about how dare you not get a vaccine? You know? And when he was before that, you know, he had some skills as an interviewer that would knock people off, that would get them admitting things on his show they wouldn't admit anywhere else everything, And he would cause discomfort with these people, these stars, and he didn't care, and it was brilliant to watch. But watch what Tracy Morgan does with him over and over again. I listened to like six seven appearances of Tracy Morgan on Howard Sterns show because that's what the algorithm fed me after I found it, and it was like just amazing the twists and turns he went through and all the shit he was talking on that show. It was insane. Seriously, it's almost as crazy as I don't know. Did you guys have Crazy Eddy around the country? Did you ever see Crazy Eddy or hear Crazy Eddy? I'll start with you, Jimmy James. Did you ever see Crazy Eddy?
Speaker 1: Thank God that sounds familiar. Crazy Dog.
Speaker 2: No. No, Crazy Eddy had electronics store and he used to do these commercials where his key thing was our prices are insane, right, and he show you cam quarders and this and that whatever electronics were current. You know we've got Beta and vhs, you know whatever, old stuff. Nineteen eighties. Okay, uh, Crazy Eddy, But yeah.
Speaker 1: Was it affiliated with the ABC warehouse because they've had a few. They started out with this vinny guy that sounds just like well, not just like that guy, but his thing was about the boom by the being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: He disappeared, and then later came some other guy that's crazy kind of like what you're saying. But I don't think he was Eddie.
Speaker 2: Okay, people, but might have been this group. Yeah. People across the country tried to duplicate what Crazy Eddy did, and in other states. I saw different versions of Crazy Eddy in real time toward when I, you know, when I start first started to around the country a little bit, I would see him, you know, Ohio's version of Crazy Eddy, or Indiana's version of Crazy Dy or you know what I'm saying, And they all copied off of this one guy. And but he was the original. You see him in movies sometimes where you see stuff happening in New York like in the seventies or eighties, like his commercials will be on the TV.
Speaker 1: Does he even did he used to wear a straight jacket.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe he did in one commercial, but usually he was in a blazer and he had like you know, typically eighties like Max Headroom looking haircut, you know what I mean. And he was clearly.
Speaker 1: Almost like Zuki. Remember the Uki gug Well.
Speaker 2: Jo Suzuki was just a bad character. They've lifted off a Saturday Night Live. That's right. Uh, I'm married the Morgan Fairchild and uh right, and then they turned around and I'm Jo Suzuki, that guy, right, No, crazy Eddy was a character onto himself where he's nuts and he's like, we're just cutting prices. And he literally was the guy who would run around with a pair of scissors cutting the price signs and all that kind of stuff, right, and he would just babble at you and yellow you come to our five locations. We've got everything, We've got all this stuff. And he'd throw the freaking videotapes around and he toss you know, back then, he'd throw remote controls around and he knock over TVs and the whole thing would always end up with Crazy Eddy, Our prices are insane. That was his big thing. Anyway, it was a whole scam. And the guy turned around and like ordered stuff and sold it for super dirt cheap, kept the cash and didn't pay the people that he was buying the products from, is what he did. And eventually he takes the public. Really, he takes the company public rips off Wall Street. It's no joke. If you go dig into the story of Crazy Eddi, it's hilarious. Him and his family started with like one store and ended up with like thirty, and all of them were part of this massive pyramid scheme where they were basically taking in stuff and selling it at a discount, like kind of like what the mob does, except without hijacking the trucks, you know. And he was famous for these commercials. It got so big so fast that he couldn't keep the pyramid scheme going. So he's got thirty locations and he's literally trucking all of the Like they tried to do an audit of his, you know, his inventory and all that. He turns around and takes the audit inventory, loads it onto one truck, and then he's got a guy on the inside, he's bribing with the federal agency that's trying to check up on him, and he's literally shipping the boxes of TVs or whatever to each store at a time to get hold of them doing an audit on them. So they show up and go, well, it says here he got five hundred TVs. Looks like he got five hundred TVs. And it's the same five hundred TVs they looked at yesterday in a different store. So he was doing that to account for the fact that he didn't take in enough money. Like in other words, he's got a set of books showing you he took in a million dollars. He really took in half a million dollars and never paid for any of the merchandise and split it up amongst his family and just kept it rolling. And who didn't want to do business with crazy Etti. So every new electronics company, whether it was a computer place, a TV place, and if you remember in the eighties, there were many foreign companies that were trying to get their products into the US because we were the best consumers. This guy was selling, you know, TVs that you'd have to pay five hundred dollars for for two hundred bucks and they couldn't figure out how the hell he was doing it. And it was real simple because he just stiffed all the vendors, you know, systematically, not you know, not everyone every time, but he came up with a system to basically stiff the vendors, keep the cash, say screw it, and keep opening locations. And I wasn't sure how big it got because it started in one New York store and the next thing I know is he's got him in Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, He's got him all across New York and all sorts of places except upstate New York because I think somebody would have shot him with a moose gun if they pulled that crap on him in upstate New York. But outside of that, this guy had a whole scam and it was like a decade long thing where it was this huge deal and then they tried to put him in prison. I don't even remember how the story ended, but check it out. It's it's really really funny. And you know, there's one of those links that nobody wants to look at, connected to Donald Trump on Crazy Eddy by the way, But anyway, you know, pay no attention to that. I could tell him on a lot of slazy guys he worked with.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a good Cavenly movie extra.
Speaker 2: See that's what I think. I would love to see this in a movie like Somebody make you know the real crazy Eddie. His prices were more insane than you thought. You know what I mean. There's your tagline and everything.
Speaker 3: He actually fled to Israel to avoid prosecution for a while. Yeah, I wasn't finally convicted him. Yeah, I wasn't finally convicted him in ninety three of fraud charges and it was overturned on appeal, and then he pled guilty in ninety six again and he got eight years in prison. It doesn't say what is fine was assessed. But he finally got out in nineteen ninety nine, and he died in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Eddie and Tar, Yeah, there you go. That's who it was. But his whole family was involved in that. And the funny thing was it wasn't just he was stiff in the vendors. I've given you a very cursory overview, but he was turning around and like reselling stuff that was either broken or refurbished. He was selling it as brand new. He had eighty different scams going.
Speaker 3: Not only that, though, but he went His problem was he went public.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I was telling stock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then but he was still doing all the shady crap back behind. So the SEC got involved in it finally shut him down.
Speaker 2: Right. But that's the thing. It got so massive. He made a good public offering because if you looked at his books, you'd think you were buying into a you know, a serious company. And meanwhile, I was all sheltery.
Speaker 3: At his peak, he was he was reporting more than three hundred million dollars in sales.
Speaker 2: Right in the nineteen eighties. In the nineteen eighties TV. That's a lot of TVs.
Speaker 3: Right, three hundred million. Hell yeah, yeah, had forty three stores in four states.
Speaker 2: Well there you go, see I do. I told you thirty across the four states I mentioned, I bet you yeah, Like I said, this is from my memory. But what's wild to me is that they did eventually bust him. And the only people I've ever seen like do like a breakdown on this are usually the people that are angry at the Jews, and they're like, look, he was Jewish and he went to it. I don't care. If he was, you know, a freaking a mooney, it wouldn't have mattered. This story is insane, it's really and I think it would be make a great comedy and about how they you know, you want to see capitalism on crack here you go. That's what it's like. It's like crackhead capitalism. Seriously. Uh but but he made it work a little while what what celebrity would you say?
Speaker 1: He looked like, I'm just curious. I mean, if someone was gonna play this guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, b Pete, I would Yeah, you know what that guy who is uh oh man is he's a stand up comedian and I'm trying to think maybe now not Shane Gillis, one of the guys who tours with Shane Gillis, would would be perfect because you need a guy who's got kind of like a stereotypical semi Jewish look, but with different hair.
Speaker 3: Oh crap, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: He like Ganni most from the Happy Days almost, but don't make it orange necessarily and make that hairline come down a little more, and you got it. But I don't know who's like a living celebrity that could play this guy.
Speaker 3: He looks like a thin Rush Limbaugh, a thin.
Speaker 2: Rush Limbaugh, but yeah, kind of if you put curly hairs, if you put curly hair on top of Rush Limbaugh, but also dead, so he couldn't play him, but it would almost be like a Rush Limbaugh kind of guy. Because he had some vocal skills too. He was like a Carnival Barker, you know what I mean. Like, just go look on YouTube a crazy Etti commercials. You'll see what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I love watching all Yeah, I'm so aware of that.
Speaker 4: Commercials a better than the shoes. Oh today, I like watching the old commercials. Correcting me up, you guys watching old commercials.
Speaker 2: I bought. You know what's funny. I bought a double tape deck. You know, when I had a component stereo. I was one of those guys and I went to Crazy Eddy to go buy my double tape deck that I was building in the eighties. You know, I'd earned my money. I'd save it up a couple hundred dollars new component, right, three four hundred dollars I would spend on the tape deck, or the equalizer or the turntable. So I didn't have you know, world class stereo, but I had a pretty damn good stereo set, right, and h I go there to buy my double tape deck. Now I walked in there with three four hundred dollars. I'm waiting to spend, you know, buy something top of the line, and they had nothing that I wanted in stock everything. You know. Well, you know, we got floor models and that's it. We can order you one, this and that. Now I come in to buy something, I want to buy it. I want to go home. You know, I'm a teenager, so I got to get rides. Okay, it was my excuse. I mean, I'm a grown man. Now I still need to get rides. But the point is that I go in there to buy a double tape deck. They sold me on two double tape decks, and I paid the four hundred dollars for two of them. But it was a nightmare and a half. I go back to the store trying to return one because it doesn't work right. And like I said, when I discovered later that they were taking refurbished and even flea market stuff and cleaning it up and putting it in boxes, it was nuts because they had already undercut and sold the you know, the thing out of the box for cheap earlier, and then they would get something from the flea market and throw it in the brand new box and packing and sell it to you that way. And I wound up getting two double tape decks, and the one I didn't really like was the one that actually worked, and I wound up giving up on trying to return or exchange the other one. I just let it sit on my shelf and do nothing because only the player side worked. The record side didn't work. The record deck so it was a waste in my frigging oh man, Yeah, that sucked.
Speaker 4: Oh of course I did the same thing, well, just same thing, I mean, as far as filling the stereos.
Speaker 1: I still remember a Pioneer.
Speaker 3: Eight disk CD changeer, Chuck eight.
Speaker 1: You imagine, damn I was living.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well at that time that that was living way larger than large. You know what I ended up settling on, which was the best weird component ever in my uh, in my component stereo system. This is a strange one too. You'll never ever guess what my CD player was, because finally I just settled down. I won a single CD player, and uh, at first I actually resisted CDs. I wanted to go all with Finyl. You know, it was one of those guys. But then when I finally broke down and said CDs, I got you know, a good uh Phillip CD player. For a little bit was all right, And then you know, I wore the freaking thing out or you know, laser became missile lined or some nonsense. So I sticked that thing aside. You know what I ended up with, which was meant to be a replacement. And also I had one of the Sony discmands that weighed like five pounds. There was a Sony discman at one point that had a metal casing and it was heavy. I had one of those plugged into my stereo for a little bit, but then I got something else and plugged it in as my CD component. And I was never happier in my life with any any component in that stereo system than this one CD player. And I guarantee you you'd never guess what it is.
Speaker 1: Realistic. I'm just trying to think of the cheap brand spectacle.
Speaker 2: No, it's you know what. I'll give you a hint. I didn't even buy it.
Speaker 1: I give up, who is it?
Speaker 2: And towards and at the very end, before I lost you know, everything I owned, I actually had a CD recorder, like you know, it was an entire component and a shelf unit that was made just to record one CD at a time that I could record from any source. I was that crazy with the audio, right. But one year Marlborough offered a CD player and they sent that to me with a Y cable so I could plug one pin into it and then I could run the two RCAs, the red and the white into the stereo. And I was like, well, this will temporarily work until I buy a new CD player, right. And it was the best friggin thing. It weighed like nothing, it was made of plastic and I don't even remember who made it, but it was my Marlborough Miles acquired freaking CD player that got me the best sound on my stereo ever out of my CDs. And I have no idea why. I think it might have been made by Phillips too eventually or something like that, but it was because it was not. I think it was the Adventure Team. If anybody wants to look up you know Marlborough Miles prizes they used to give out, you know, people would smoking up to get a canoe. I don't know if you remember that stuff.
Speaker 1: I still got a deck of those Basic cards. Yeah, and I had a tape. It was called Your Basic Country and I swear that was the best country music tape I ever had. And I've gone out of my way to find like that that recording online, you know, because I wanted it to make to get a copy of and I just can't find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have. I have the decks of the Marlborough the Marlborough cards that have the cowboy on the back, the Cowboys silhouette.
Speaker 1: I had them. They were good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those I still have both of those because they were a dual pack when they sent them out. When I got them, you could either get just the cards or you could get the whole poker set. But you know, I was too busy trying to get the big prize that year, and then they started making weird rules, you know, and it was like a screw it. I'll just get me myself a q T shirts and a couple of lighters, you know. But uh, but Marlborough Marlborough miles was a thing. I had friends that were collecting them together. I had a band that was collecting all our Marlborough was together at one point. But I got my CD player on my own, dammit. Well that and whatever packs I found on the ground, I would pull the miles off. You know.
Speaker 1: I love it when stuff like that works out. Man, It's like those Speedway for a while. I used to love that place. I was using those Speedway points ever time, and boy that worked out. That's like dang food pop just about every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I used to like I you know what, even living down south, The most recent thing is we used to have these uh oh man, what were they called something foods? Flash flash foods. They were the best down here. They would give you points and you could buy anything with your points in the store. It was beautiful. I think the only thing you couldn't buy was gas maybe, but anything in the store.
Speaker 3: I have fifty three hundred Speedway points right now.
Speaker 2: Speedway. See I don't know about Speedway. I think you told me about Speedway. But isn't that one of your favorite Like, you know, gather your loyalty rewards from places, isn't that one of your places? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That circle K? But they closed the circle K store here. Now we just have a speedway.
Speaker 2: But we can't see there anything here.
Speaker 3: We mostly speedways and circle k's. When we went to Texas from your place, every where we stopped was either a circle k or a speedway, right right.
Speaker 2: But flash Foods was great here in Georgia. I mean I at least a couple times a month would just go in there, broke and find out Speedway. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Speedway was actually bought out by seven eleven, So that's eventually who you're paying, and you're gonna if you have any Speedway stores, you'll notice that a lot of their products are already prepackaged under the seven eleven label. I don't know if they're going to change to seven eleven, but they got bought out about three years ago.
Speaker 2: Isn't seven eleven about to get bought out by some eleven?
Speaker 3: Is huge?
Speaker 2: Aren't they about to get bought out by somebody too? Though?
Speaker 3: Home they're in talks. Well, they're thinking of selling the North American franchises, but they're so big in Asia that that's a whole separate division. And what I've read is they're going to sell off part of it but still keep the Asian stuff together because they do so well. They're real big in Korea and China, and you know Indonesia seven eleven is huge in the Asian market, Japan.
Speaker 2: Mmm, cracking me up in the I'm sorry, I was just laughing at the chat room. A sphincter says what in the chat room and stuff like this, And they were talking about Morant CD player somebody uses. I guess I think it's better than yeah Morants.
Speaker 3: Now, that was that was the expensive. Rance was expensive as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah see now. And I remember for a brief time there was a company called gold Star I think it was. It was a Korean, purely Korean manufacturer, and I don't know why they didn't succeed. Their products were durable. They usually had features on them that of the Chinese or Japanese or even the North American manufactured stuff add on them, you know, like you could record on hell.
Speaker 1: I remember start and they had was.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: But my system was just a hodgepodge. I had UH always went with bows and altech, uh speakers, lancing and techniques and Panasonic, and I had a couple of realistic real reels. So mine was just a whatever I thought. You know, your tunor was different than your cassette deck, which was different than your turntable.
Speaker 2: No same here.
Speaker 1: Was I had Alpine and ken Wood and mhmm. I don't think they were high.
Speaker 3: Qualities and good stuff. So those companies are gone now. You know, it's it's amazing how much you know, music and digital is in everything now. I mean, look at your smartphones in that we're all walking around with a computer in our hand. But you look at the amount of realistic used to make tax used to make good stuff. And none of those companies are around anymore. They're just disappeared. And it's a shame. I have to order needles for my turntable offline now because the radio shacks to go to and purchase them. It's just it's become a pain in the putt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're not gonna be able to buy. I mean, there are new manufacturers and stuff like that now because of the retro stuff and the way they've gone to you know, refitting retro stuff. But I mean, like to go back. One thing they haven't revived is the eight track player and my original, my very first like sort of you know, complete in my mind, which didn't integrate the reel to reel yet because my reel to reel system was separate, and I had what a wile and sack reel to reel. Well, so I couldn't integrate it into the component system. But I mean I even had an eight track on that thing. And then those things are not coming back.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, they released some thing about eight track was after they switched to cassettes, they still used eight track in all of the radio stations to do their PSAs and their commercials on because they were so easy to edit and put the cartridge back together. And then you had a large cart player and you'd slap those suckers in unison and it would just go down the tower and play them whenever you hit commercial or break. They were so convenient. Everybody thought the eight track went away, Well it did, but it didn't. And the only thing that replaced it was digital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, digitally, that's what That's what replaced the cart machine is the digital and the computer.
Speaker 3: You know, man, it was so easy to cut a spot, tear your cartridge apart, record it over onto that splice it, put it back together. You had your thirty second, your forty five second, your one minute, your minute and a half commercials all lined up ready to go it was. It was nice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I I used to do that too. I told you I worked in the kind of places where we had, you know, like a special kind of scotch tape, you know, and you literally pulled it across the head to hear where to stop it and you could cut it, you know. So Yeah, No, I love the cart machines. Those were great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I when I was in college. I'll never forget. You know, you're sitting there, you're putting something together during one PSA so that you can play the next PSA on this new one that you just cut while you're killing time, right right.
Speaker 2: No, I used to love that stuff too. Hey, listen, we're getting towards the end here, and we only talked to Jimmy James, and thank god, we talked about other things other than what's on my mind this week, and we didn't talk politics at all. So I consider this a victory. And so, Jimmy, what are your flying thoughts? You got a little breathing room this week to talk. What are your final thoughts for the week.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that God it is rest of peace? Catherine O'Hara Caserne O'Hara played the Mama on Home Alone. Was on Ship's Creek right at seventy one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how old was she?
Speaker 1: Seventy one?
Speaker 3: Okay, for some reason I was thinking she was older than that.
Speaker 2: What would seem that way, right, because you forever it's her name, well, her name sounds like someone else.
Speaker 1: I mean when you think of that name, you think of Katherine Hepburg. That's what I kept doing snuck Captain O'Hara's.
Speaker 2: Because it's like it's like a subliminal hint to Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind. That's why.
Speaker 7: Yes, yep, ye, anyway, she's a funny lady. Rescue peace there everyone, and it's good. I guess we get through this.
Speaker 4: Week and the worst winter will be over, so everyone have good piece.
Speaker 2: Yep. I'm hoping that we all survive this current weekend. I'll tell you it's getting rough out there anyway, be Pete, what are your closing thoughts for the week or anything you want to add? We got a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm not gonna add anything. I'm just gonna sit here and ride out the storm. See how bad it gets. But if you don't have to be on the roads, don't because you might be in violation of perfume somewhere. So just keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Yikes, curfew. I haven't heard that word in a while. For God's sake, curfew.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like the town has grounded me. You're under curfew. Oh crap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who asked them to be daddy? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all I'm saying. You know, I go for a walk every day. If I'm out there walking, I put on my muck boots. I don't care how deep the snow is. That's just extra exercise. But if I want to go out there and throw a snowball at something, I don't want to have to, you know, have to have bail money.
Speaker 2: It's amazing what you need bail money for nowadays, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm telling you this totalitarian state that we live under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one interpretation, right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, No, it was the last time you were under a curfew.
Speaker 2: You know what. I don't leave my house anyway anymore. I don't, and it's because I ain't going nowhere at the moment. We don't have a vehicle, you.
Speaker 3: Know, we we have two cops in this town. I mean, what are they gonna do if ten seniors decide to get out there and have a snowball fight, I gotta do a damn thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you something. In Making, they say, we have all this police force, and we also have the sheriffs and you know, and all this stuff, and the only people I've ever seen is animal control. Really outside of when you know, like a place gets all shot up, then a bunch of sheriffs show up and investigate the scene.
Speaker 3: We we have we are under such a threat of a crime wave here that if you walk downtown and you walk to the police department, there's a piece of paper taped to the door that says, no one is here. If you have an issue, called nine to one one or this number, and if you call that phone number, it automatically takes you to nine one one. Like I said, we got two cops. What are they gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that's a weird town. Because I'm not telling you that I don't see cops in Making, because we don't have crime. I've shown you some of the crazy stuff over here. I mean, people are getting robbed all the time, people are getting shot all the time. You know, we got plenty of murders going on. I mean, I think we're up to about thirty of them already. You know, for the year, it's either thirty or fifteen. Is it won every two days? I think it's won every two days. We guarantee god bodies dropping. They just busted a serious drug ring allegedly, and we also have ice around. But I got to tell you, in my particular neighborhood on the south side of making the cops don't even come here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just saying, I don't know. Our last crime wave was probably I had to be at least twenty years ago, and a guy that I knew walked into the convenience store and robbed him, even though everybody in town knew who he was. And twenty minutes after he robbed the store, the cops would have to his house and arrested it they knew exactly who he was. You know, that was news boil Way.
Speaker 2: That sounds like the stories I hear. But I showed you how a comedian store rocked. Didn't I send you that video of a guy who jumped over the counter. He's not wearing shoes he's not wearing a shirt, but you know what, he's got on a mask back, you know, like he's got the COVID mask on, but no shoes, no shirt, you know, and the COVID mask is not even put on, right, He's not even wearing a hat, I mean, you know, and he's just jumping up and down telling them to give him the money. They give him the money, and then he stands there for a while looking around the store, and then he ran away.
Speaker 3: He was looking to see he had deceived. There's anything he needed for his trip out of there with chips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's that. And simultaneous to that. By the way, I don't know if you caught this part of it, because I'm pretty sure I mailed you the the camera angle of this guy jumping behind the counter and the girls like staring at him like what are you gonna do? And he's you know, he's got a weapon, but he's not really even pointing at anybody. He just took the money and left. At the same time, like a coordinated thing happened, three hookers in the hotel across the street all got held a gunpoint and got their money took. So the cops are over there trying to sort out the hooker's money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, working man's money. That's that's bad.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile, the guy who robbed the comedian store got way less than the guys got out of the hookers because he only got eighty bucks out of the comedience store both registers. The guy who robbed the hookers got like five hundred bucks three hookers. Five hundred bucks three hookers. It was you know, that's it was late.
Speaker 3: That ain't right. Well, I could just stay right man, if you're so low that you're going to rip off hookers. Now, they had to work for their money.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I'm saying. I mean, imagine what they had to do and who's paying them over at this hotel in this city. You know this is not you know, good call girl money promise you. They also stole whatever drugs they had bought, because you know, the girl's going to settle in around midnight, and this happened, so around midnight, you know, they go into be done for the day, and you know, so they're gonna probably pick up there whatever it is they like, whether it's meth or whatever. Hey, you know, and I know they took the drugs, but you can't tell the cops. Look, they also stole my meth and my crack and you know, and the heroin I got for my girlfriend over here. They they can't report that because I did the math on that. If you've got three hookers that only got five hundred dollars at the end of the day, they spent some of their money, you know, maybe it's just me. Well, anyway, you could ask these questions Aaron Franz. You could ask these questions of Aaron Franz if you like, in the next hour, because the Age of Transitions is gonna be live here on o'chelly dot com cause we're all done with the Friday night call in show. B Pete. You think it was a good one at least?
Speaker 3: Oh, they're always good. We'll just look forward to next week do it again.
Speaker 2: Right, Let's try to keep things random, because pissed off is just not the way to live. And I would appreciate it if anybody wants to drop in and you know, contribute to the o'kelly's not Freezing to Death fund and keeping the network running over at o'helly dot com. If you do that, I will send you a blessing that's for sure. And it won't be bless your Heart, and it won't be the jersey joke. Okay, it'll be something else. There's a promise for you. I'm o'ceelly. You are the effect. My co host was Bpete. Thanks to Jimmy James for calling in and like I said, the Age of Transitions with Aaron Franz, Begin.
Speaker 3: Want Do Want does a comedy hour?
Speaker 1: Wan it.
Speaker 8: This is the comedy our man talk here, sidekicking Missus, side kicking, Crazy Accidents in the crack Room, Wan Wan Uncle the podcast One Wan Uncle, the podcast, Get the Phones.
Speaker 3: Ringing crack Room Street.
Speaker 8: Cream Podcast Uncle, Wanting, Wanting, Wanting Uncle, the podcast Get the Drinks Not Them Both shout Out show boos, Wanting Wanting Uncle, the podcast, Crazy Accidents, Hey Jimmy, crack Room Uncle the podcast No More Government Tower, Government Towers Over Uncle the podcast Comedy Conversation Uncle, Uncle, Uncle, Tell Sidekicks, Stop telling you what those No Uncle could Podcast.
Speaker 3: One Wanting Wanting Wanting, Don't Cursing Uncle the podcast