Speaker 1: Billy cunning into Great America. I'm not dead. I'm still alive. Yes, Wednesday's coming up tomorrow, Today's Fat Tuesday. Westernhost Country Club will be going nuts tonight, big party at Westernhost Country Club and all sponsored by Alex Trnciphilou the chair of the Republican Party and more on. Alex, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Alex, how are you Billy up?
Speaker 2: Great? There's not a party at the Western Hills Club, So in case you're out there listening, do not show up. We're on Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: Well, the parties continue all over town. They're Mardy Girl Tonight in Northern Kentucky is going to be big. Scott Sloane who had me dead. Scott Sloane is going to headquarter that with so many others. But let's talk about politics tonight the Joint Session speech. And I know you don't monitor everything constantly as I do, but in this morning MSNBC had two or three congress persons on, including that Crocket woman who's lost her mind completely and what's just going to be a protest. In fact, about one third is not going to show up, and so Speaker of the House Johnson is going to come up with those simply to sit there. But the Democrats will out let anyone sit in their seat, So I don't know what that means. So they're going to be protest of a direct and indirect nature. And so this is going to be something you have to listen to and watch. We have the Reds game on tonight with the Dodgers, which might be a little more important. But can you tell the American people in your mind is to share of the Republican Party the two or three best things Donald Trump has done in his first six weeks in office. Give me your last one, two and three, Alex.
Speaker 2: Go well, Billy, you know, this is the most dynamic presidency of my lifetime. I've not seen somebody come out of the gate. You know, we used to talk about the first one hundred days in politics, Billy, but that's not what we were even talking about anymore. We're talking about the first ten days of this presidency. It's been transformative. Bill. I mean, let's just start with a border. And most people know this, but the mainstream press won't tell you it. But the problem, the crisis at the border that Donald Trump inherited is over it's over. The crossings are at record lows. We've essentially by just pure leadership of the President and guys like Tom Homan and the cooperation of law enforcement officials who just wanted to enforce existing laws. So number one, the border, the border crisis is over. We've got to continue to work to deport people that don't belong in the United States who have violated our laws, but the crisis of the border has been fixed inside of thirty days. It's an extraordinary accomplishment. When the mainstream press will not tell you anything about then you pivot and talk about efficiency in government, doze in Elon musk Will. They make a lot of headlines, and it seems, you know, it's a little bit of madness if you're just kind of watching it. The fact of the matter is it's working. We have trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars of debt Billy, that we're going to leave to our kids and grandkids. It's immoral what's happening with spending in the United States. And by the way, it's one of the few times Bill I ever criticized Republicans because we as Republicans have sometimes been a part of growing these massive debt and deficits, and you know it's time to rein it in Elon Musk showed up with this history of building these extraordinary companies in this incredible record. This guy is a historic figure. He's the Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein of our generation combined into one human being. So he's got dose. We're trimming the size and scope of the federal government. Yes, that's going to mean some people have to move out of the excuse in the public sector and into the private sector. And that's the reality of actually cutting the size and scope of the government. That's two. If you look at peace across the world again, I don't want to take up all your time today if you asked me to take off the few big things. We have one president, one leader in the world that says, let's stop the killing. Over a million people killed or maimed or injured in this horrible Russian Ukraine war. These people, by the way, the differences between a Ukrainian and a Russian aren't all that dramatic. There ought to be a way to bridge this divide, and President Tarmp is bringing real leadership to it. Of course, the critics say he's in bed with Putin. That's false. America for three years has sustained Ukraine. Americans have poured our treasure into those countries, into the Ukraine, that is, to try to keep peace there and to try to fight back against Putin. But look, one man is talking about a real plan to stop the killing the other side on Ukraine, Bill, they don't have any kind of a plan. I have yet to hear a coherent plan for ending this war. One person, Donald Trump, is trying to do those things. I could keep going on and on and on and just talk about our national standing, our international standing. And by the way, last thing I'll say about the president I promise is we have a president fully engaged in the presidency. Bill. This is a man with his hands on the levers of power. The previous guy, Bill was just not well enough to be in that situation. This is the guy. He's not running off to the beach every weekend. Yeah, he's finding some time to go to play golf, but that's about it. And otherwise this guy is churning and burning every single day and working his tailoff onto half the American people. So he's got a lot to talk tonight, though.
Speaker 1: Number one is the border crisis. About a year ago, I can recall that your friend Senate to Chuck Schumer, the head of the Democrats, along with the King, Jefferies and Nancy Pelosi, had put together a brand new bill that would stop the border crossing. And the charge was against Donald Trump and the new Republicans that you don't want to solve the problem. In other words, the present laws we have will not get it done. We need brand new sets of laws four and a half inches thick, in which we were going to hire six to eight thousand more administrative judges. We're going to hire ten to twenty thousand more border patrol agents. We weren't going to complete the wall, but we had drones ready to go. So there was a problem on the southern border that could not be solved except by spending something in the range of three hundred billion dollars more to hire tens of thousands of more because the present laws were not going to work. Jump ahead one year, the border crossings are down ninety five percent. The present laws were sufficient. Do you hear that ana analysis from the media at all that somehow the Democrats said present laws don't work, we need all these sets of laws, when brand new bureaucrats, brand new courts, brand new judges, we got to get it done. However, Trump and you Republicans said no, the president laws work. A year later, they work. Your comments of any now you got me pissed.
Speaker 2: Off, Bill, Well, you know it's the difference Bill between government and people like Joe Biden, who are career government bureaucratic insider people, and a guy from the outside like Donald Trump, who's a businessman who knows how to just get things done. They never tell you about Donald Trump's history, things like swooping in and fixing the ice rink in Manhattan when government dragged its feet for three years. I mean, Donald Trump has a long history of being a fixer and stepping in and just getting it done. I've been around government and my whole career. Bill, you know it too. You practice law, You've been in and out of this. You're connected to a lot of these people government. There's a certain inertia to do nothing. People are afraid to do things. You see it on the cutting of spending, right. I mean, if you start doing and cutting, well, there's going to be people sometimes that you don't have to move from the public sector to the private sector for their employment. People are scared, Politicians are scared. Donald Trump isn't scared. So the reason we were able to fix this, he said, we're going to be tough, We're going to crack down. I got a mandate from the American people, And in thirty days, this guy solved the crisis that all the Democrats and even a few squishy Republicans said required a massive new government spend. You've outlined it way better than I can. But the fact of the matter is that problem is solved at this juncture for the American people, and it's because the leadership of a true outsider and somebody like Donald Trump, supported by the way by other outsiders like Bernie Marino, supported by another outsider, jd. Vance, who came out of the private sector. So you know, we've got fresh new ideas in Washington, and it's only helping advance the cause of America.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, we had sufficient laws. We didn't need to spend another three hundred bill. We simply needed a president force the president laws. And now the camps on Guantanamo may not be built further because the illegals are not coming. The traffickers are in difficulty. We had sufficient laws if we had a president with a power and the will to get it done. Democrats lied, Republicans told the truth. Number two, Let's talk about your friend Elon Musk, who's, as you call him, the Thomas Alva Edison of our time. He's been accused of being an unelected bureaucrat. For the last four years under Joe Biden, we did not have a president. We had unelected bureaucrats running the executive branch of government. And that was who picked the judges, who made the decisions, what bills to the sign who made the eos executive orders, Who ran the executive branch of government. We now know, according to even Jake Tapper of CNN, the Clinton News Network, we now know, according to Jake Tapper, who attacked Republicans for suggesting somehow that Joe Biden was mentally incompetent. Jake Tapper, if CNN has now written a book, he wants to come on him and put him on about two of three weeks and which says he now says it was obvious that Joe Biden was not mentally alert. He couldn't run the presidency, so on one hand for four years with unelected bureaucrats running every part of government. But on the other hand, you got Elon Musk who's recommending to department heads what to do, what not to do. How come when Biden wins an office, unelected bureaucrats ran everything. Now he's out of office, Elon Musk is suggesting changes to the bureaucracy. And that's evil, aren't They both unelected bureaucrats, But one's competent and one incompetent. Please give me a full report.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got more to say on that, and I you know, listen, if you're right now and you're driving down Glenley Avenue on my beloved west side, or you're at work, you know, on Harrison Avenue or some beautiful part of Hamilton County or any part really of the Tri state area, I'm gonna ask you one big question. What unelected bureaucrat affected your life? More Elon Musk or Anthony Fauci. Fauci said you have to wear a mask. Fauci said, you can't send your kids to school. Fauci said you got to stay six feet away. He said, you can't. You have to have the mask. Over your nose. When you're flying on an airplane, if you pulled it down even for a second, you've got threats of being thrown off the aircraft. Who affected your life more as an unelected bureaucrat. It's outrageous. The way the media is calling Elon Musk an unelected bureaucrat is garbage. It's garbage. He's part of this administration, brought in to do exactly what he's doing. And again, it's okay. I suppose when Anthony Fauci makes these life altering decisions on the half the American people, as an unelected bureaucrat appointed by the president, it's different. I suppose when Elon Musk does it. It's just it's a double standard that the Democrats and their friends and the press are holding us to. It's just wrong. Elon Musk is doing great things for the country. He's saving us money, he's potentially saving the country from bankruptcy, and he should have the full support of the American people.
Speaker 1: Thirdly, you bring up peace in Ukraine. Who's in favor of war? I tell you's in favor of war. Democrats and the neoconser in favor of war. That's gone on more than three years, there's no possibility. Militarily, the Ukrainians and Zelensky can never defeat the Russian bear. The Russian army is completely incompetent. However, they have tens of thousands of drones. And I had this from over the weekend. A general on Fox Weekend said that every month the Russians produced two hundred and fifty thousand more artillery shells to be fired at the Ukraine, and the Ukrainians have about three thousand. So every month that goes by, a stalemate happens. Maybe at some point Zelensky will lose completely, in which case Ukraine will be taken over, which would be disgusting. The way the Ukrainian people have fought has been wonderful. It's unbelievable. They're grageous. Reminds me of Brave Heart, reminds me of Long Shanks, reminds me of the courage of Scottish warriors that fought like hell for their freedom. I'd love that stuff. William of Wallace is my hero. However, you have to know your limitations. So when the Trumpster says, wait a minute, more than three years, a million dead, no possibility of Ukraine defeating militarily the Russians back by Iran and North Korea. So he says, all I'm saying is let's give peace a chance. But it's odd that the liberals don't want peace. In fact, Zelenski said last night or the night before that this war is far from being over. He wants the war to keep on going and infinitum, and we're going to supply just enough arms to them, supposedly to keep them fighting but not winning. Give me a full report what the Trump doing on Ukraine? Right or wrong? Then we got tariffs to wrap things up, Alex t give me a full report.
Speaker 2: Well, of course I support the president entirely. It'll come as no surprises on a lifelong Republican and support of the president. That being the case, though, I remember during the campaign before President Trump started his second term, he was asked in one of these town halls, by the way, making himself fully available to the American people and what is the most transparent presidency in modern American history? But he got asked a question, who do you want to win that war? And it was a classic left wing media gotcha question, like, oh, we're going to call on him out that he does. You know what he said? It was? It was I thought it was the best answer he's maybe ever given. He said, I want the killing to stop. And isn't that ultimately what it's about right now? Isn't it about just ending the killing? People are dying needlessly? And I mean one of the points I tried to make earlier quickly is that you know, the these two people, there's not a big religious difference, the financial differences aren't that dramatic. This isn't you know, frankly, it's not the Palestinians and the Israelis. That's not that kind of a long term conflict. This can be resolved, is my point in saying that it can be resolved. And only one person is now got the ability after three years of fighting and best and destruction and this horrible war, to say let's find a new pass. And of course he's being criticized because the war monitors and the people that you know aren't feeding all this cash in the Ukraine, wanted to continue the one thing that I've never heard of coher and answer and Billy really quickly, Yeah, quession. I do sometimes read the New York Times. I sometimes do watch those horrible Sunday shows that are so biased. Nobody on the left is ever coherently laid out a plan for how this thing ends. What's the endgame? I heard Vice President Vance saying the same thing. That's my question. That's a question every American. I'd asked, what's the endgame in Ukraine? That's a victory for us and for the Ukrainian people. They can't give you one. So in the absence of that, we have one guy saying, let's try to bring everybody together and make peace. And that's President Trump.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, I said chair of the Republican Party. I can recall about three years ago we had one of our frequent off the air conversations in which I said to you something about the future of the Republican Party. And about three years ago you mentioned the name but veg Ramaswami. I like mentioning his name because I can pronounce it. And I said, what did you say, veg Rama Swam is going to be a big deal. And I said who you said? This guy is fabulous. I met with him. He was the commencement speaker at Sandex High School and now he lives in Columbus. But this guy is rich. He wants to get into politics. Now it's metastasized and appears are going to be a fight to the finish with David Yost are well competent Attorney General versus vivike Ramaswami. One's coming to this office vertically, the other coming horizontally. Who do you support Yost? Are vivike Ramaswami speak now and forever hold your peace?
Speaker 2: Well, no chance I hold my piece, Billy, And you know that, no chance I do that forever. Listen. I mean, the High Republican Party is not just one man. We've got a primary and you know, one of the things I hear consistently from our party faith was the party ought to not put its finger on the scale in these primary races. That being the case, we may do that. That may come later. These guys have just announced. You know, I'm close to both of these individuals. I think very well of both of them, you know, as it relates to vivike Ramaswami. You know, Billy, I've shared this with you. I met this young man back when he was in high school with san Next High and have kind of stayed in touch with him. And it's this this this kind of serendipitous moment where he's running for governor and I'm chair of the Ohio Republican Party, and you know, I think the world of a bake Rama Swami. He's a wonderful guy. He's brilliant, and he's and he's you know, he's dedicated to the cause and he's a fresh face for a lot of us in the Republican Party. Dave Ghost has also been an outstanding attorney general, great state or auditor, you know, a world class prosecutor. Again, it's all good things by me. So you know, who am I supporting. I'm going to support the nominee of the Republican Party after they come come at it. The last thing I want to say, though, I'm just going to say this because not enough people say this. In our party. We have an embarrassment of riches. We have really great candidates like yost In Ramaswami. We have other great candidates emerging, and you know, we'll sort through whatever internal problems differences, not problems that we're going to have about who ought to be the nominee. But one thing I will tell you is under my leadership here, we're going to fight to the finish and keep beating Democrats in Ohio, just like we did in twenty twenty four. We want everything in this state and we're going to continue that momentum. And we have right now at least two potentially more people added to this field. Who knows of people who want to be the governor of this state and they're so far. The two that are out there publicly fighting for this are both wonderful people.
Speaker 1: Whose name is harder to pronounce for veg Ramaswami or Alex trying to feel Lou?
Speaker 2: Which are those two that close? Call? I like tree on tofty Lou pronounced Alex.
Speaker 1: Alex T. All right, Alex, thank you. We'll see what happens. You'll be watching the joint session tonight with your popcorn and a beer to see what's going on. But Alex T, once again, you're a great American and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Alex A high privilege.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Billy God bless America. Let's continue with more. And I should have asked him. My last question was the governor was going to fly the flags at half staff for three days if Scott Sloane was correct, and I was dead, but the reports of my demise are somewhat premature. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW