Speaker 1: Is Michael garfil Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: Us in the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is.
Speaker 2: Here with a high Tech Texans items to make life.
Speaker 1: Easier, some new technology.
Speaker 2: So Michael Garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now your high Tech Texan, Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Perhaps our final show while our great country is still standing, or at least not as divided as it will be this next week. What you think I'm talking about? The election? People? Time to set your clocks back one hour this weekend. Come on. That to me is one of the most divisive topics and subjects that we have in the United States of America. Do we like setting the clocks back? I actually love it. I am in the minority. I love it as a guy who likes to run outdoors, but who hates doing it in the heat of the summer. Hurting dark earlier means that I can run outside earlier because it's getting a little bit colder. I like the cold. That is me. I know I am not in the popular vote, but that's the way it is divisive. Anything else going on this coming week, I didn't think so. Oh, by the way, you may want to get out and vote. It is Michael Garfield. I do thank you for hanging around for two fun hours. No matter if you're listening to this plausibly live. We do repeat it a few times over the weekend KPRC nine to fifty am. That is terrestrially all over southeast Houston. If you happen to be in a truck driving around up and down, I ten, I forty five, you're just passing through Houston. I've done this for two decades. Don't be afraid. It's called the high Tech textan show. I'll talk about any darn thing that I want to, especially Halloween people, How was your Halloween? The greatest holiday of the year? Hands down? I know it comes close to Russia shown our yum kaport. When else can you go door to door to strangers, knock on the door and say, gimmeish some candy and they just give you a candy. Give you candy. By the way, how come I have not yet received any ess from my dear listeners. Here we're in the Galleria area, you could look up. iHeartMedia. You just put a little care package, I say, Michael Garfield, I know you're a Reese's fand I don't need the sugar. My kids are too old to trigger treat. But then again, is anybody really too old to trigger treat? First? Open up phone line question today? How if trigger treats came to your house? What is the roughly oldest age that you think a trigger treater was? You think anybody was in their twenties? You think anybody was in their twenties seven one, three, two, one two, five nine five. Though, Calum Reid, he's on the other side of the class. He's gonna pick up your phone. Calum, you're in your twenties. Yeah, your day, did you go trigger treating?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You did not. Uh. I wanted to borrow a kid supervised of course, which would I guess legally semi legally technically give me allow me to knock on the door and say, gimmr's arm candy. Uh A last I had some visitors in town, so did not do that. But next week, actually maybe today fifty percent off for more of the unsold Halloween candy. Chocolate was expensive this year. People chocolate was XP. I don't know it was Hershey's got a you know they've just you know, the big chocolate just got together and say, hey, man, I need to start charging some more stuff. By the way, I will probably hit my Walgreens and CVS's and my Agbs and my Kroger's and get a little fifty percent off while they're clearing the shelves. Probably not for Christmas, but probably for Easter already. We do have a number of interesting things to talk about. If you are into video blogging recording some video. One of the most important things to remember is Number one, you gotta get a good camera, all right, so get it. Get an Android, potentially a Samsung. Number two, you want lighting. Lighting is very key too, And I learned these things when I majored, so you should trust my majored in Radio Television Film at the Great University of Texas at Austin. But another thing is sound. You need good sound. You do not want to stand ten, twelve to fifteen feet away from your microphone. It doesn't sound, doesn't turn out well. You need a good microphone. Got a I've been trying a wireless microphone. Wireless is the way to go. These things can receiver pops into your any phone, yes, even you're Apple, the Android whatever it is range as well. Some of them are pretty inexpensive. Some of them can get up there. Next segment, I'm gonna give you kind of my play by play about that there is a relatively inexpensive new TV battery powered TV that you can take and carry anyway, good anywhere, good for outdoor camping. Have an interview at the bottom of the ear with that. If you're into electric vehicles, do you have an electric vehicle? While odds are in your garage? You may already have and an electric charger, Well, how do you decide what type of electric charger that you want? In most cases you need an electrician professionally installed. Later this hour, I'll talk about a product that I've been testing. Next hour. If you are a cooker, a griller, or a smoker, a lover, a toker, there is another thing I've been playing with. It is a pellet grill, my very first pellet grill called Briskit love the name of it, and I'll give you my quick reviewing thoughts on that. Other than that, we may have some things to give away and you can call kill some time. You can find me on all of the social media. Most of all the social media, high tech text and high tech t e X A N. I will get my Apple News out of the way. For all of you with Apple and you have downloaded the latest operating system. You have been promised this for a month or two or three. It is here Apple iOS eighteen point one. If you've got the upgrade, the new Apple AI feature is here. They call it Apple Intelligence. That's really not what AI is called, but they're going to go with that. It is there for your iPhone fifteen Pro all of your iPhone sixteen models if you do upgrade to the new operating system. Bottom line, it lets you rewrite text, summarize emails, it'll let you clean up photos. There's an improved series. It's all built in to your devices. Exit existing apps. Apparently, there's some new colorful animations, privacy protections and all that other fun stuff. Real quickly, how do you activate it? Check your phone model. You do need an iPhone fifteen Pro or Promax or any iPhone sixteen. Congrats iPhone sixteen ers, you finally got into the game because you charge your phone with the USBC. None of that lightning cable crap. All that's number one. Number two, you do have to update your phone to the latest version of the operating system. It's iOS eighteen point one. You go to your Settings, then General and then Software Update and then check for the latest update in eighteen point one is going to give you the Apple Intelligence. Then you have to activate it. You see, man, this just you Apple guys. Means you gotta jump through hoops to activate it. Then last step, I promise you go to Settings, then you'll see something called Apple Intelligence, and then you just toggle the switch on. Now it might take a few hours to get access. Your phone's going to send you a notification when it's ready. Can you tell me if it works? Because I have a SAMSI, so listen, I have Samsung one plus I've got a lot of phones. There is some sort of an AI. It's not called Apple Intelligence, it's artificial intelligence on there. I think it works pretty well. I don't use it extensively. I'm not afraid of it as of right now. Slowly but surely I will become probably we all should becoming a little bit more afraid of AI. But if you do want to try it, all you new iphoners. Again, you have to have a fifteen Pro, fifteen Promacs or any of the iPhone sixteens. You got to update it and then you're set to go. You tell me how it is, hey, when we come back, how and what's the process and what are some of the better wireless microphones to record the crisp, clean audio, especially if you're a TikTok or a blogger, a vlogger, an instagrammer. I played with a very very nice, semi expensive one. There others out there. I'll give you my thoughts on that. Then after that we'll talk a little TV's your questions, because that's how much fun we do it. On a first November weekend of twenty twenty four, set those clocks back, we get an extra hour. It is Michael Garfield. Don't go to sleep on any This is a very I do things a little differently. I was the original influencer Whenni plus Year's Baby. I was the guy who was doing tech reviews to my TV my radio show before anybody else. And so I'm creative and I do things a little bit different. I am actually right now testing a microphone or wireless microphone, because I test these things in so many other tech devices gadgets on a regular basis. So what I have done, I am actually talking right now via a recording that I have done with a new, relatively new type of wireless microphone. We're playing it right now, but I'm in studio, and when we come back for commercials, I will be live again because I will take and answer your calls. And the reason being is I want to see if anybody notices the different in the audio quality. Can you imagine at a wireless microphone actually replacing a regular live radio iHeartRadio, a real radio station microphone. Do I sound different? No? I think I sound sexier. I have been playing with a microphone, wireless microphone system from DJI DJI. All right, what do you think of when you hear the initials DJI? Will you think of drones? Maybe you think of gimbals, you think of cameras. They actually have for several years they've had a wireless microphone system, and they're on their second version, and a wonderful pr person within DGI not too long ago they let me play with the second version. It's called the DJI Mike two, Mike two, and it's called Mike even though my name is Michael. It's called the MIC two. I do not know why they don't endorse or re sponsor my show, but maybe we'll get to the head because I actually do very much like this system because I think it sounds great and is one of the easier wireless systems to use to record. Now listen, I record on a regular basis. I record my radio show, I record interviews, and I'm doing more and more videos. I do my Instagram high tech texting. And one of the most important things is sound when you're doing videos. All of you video bloggers out there, all you young kids, and listening to me, one of the most important things. And I learned this because I'm a radio television film major. I have a degree in this, and we'd spent months and months in semesters and semesters of how to light a studio. Lighting is very important, but sound is very important. The types of microphones is that omnidirectional. It can goes on on and on. The dj I mike too. It's one of the simplest microphones to pair up. It comes to different configurations. The battery life is that's really nice. And the wireless link in terms of how far away you can get from. The receiver is good, it's long, it's overall top to bottom versus a lot of the competitors out there, Roady and Sure and everything else. I like this lot bottom line right out of the box. There's three different configurations the DJ mic too. You can get it with two transmitters, one receiver, and the charging case. What's the top of the line. That's the big KNA that is gonna run you if you just looked through at the dji dot com website's gonna run you about three hundred and fifty dollars. You can get the MIC with one transmitter and one receiver, and then you can get with the transmitter only. I do a lot of interviews for me. I always say go ahead and get two transmitters when you're looking and when you're buying these white wireless microphones across the board, because they're gonna give you more versatility with the interviews. So the case, this charging case inside of you, it's really compact. It's about the size of god gosh, I mean, I don't know. I mean certainly you can hold in the hand. It's very light. The charging case comes with both the transmitters, and it comes with the receiver. The receiver works on either a It's got a USBC plug which I use for my Android, and it also has the lightning plug, which are you iphoners out there, unless you have the new iPhones you're gonna use that. It's easy to pop on, it's pop off, see you and go back and forth. So you can let your buddy bar it, whoever has the Android, whoever has the iOS or or the iPhones that it works well. It connects via Bluetooth directly to your smartphone or connects obviously these transmitters to me, I tried both of them. I went ahead and I used these transmitters because when you're using these transmitters, you actually can see the levels of where the audio is. You could adjust it. Because on the receiver itself that pops into your phone, that connects to your phone, which is very light. You actually can have there's a dial that you can you know, use the game, check the decibels in a number of different other things. Works very very easily, very nicely. You pop the thing in. In terms of battery hours, each of these the receivers rated at about six hours, which is uh, it's good. There are a few others on the market, maybe that are rated for seven hours and eight hours, but to me, this one doesn't matter because for summary, I don't record six hours at a time, and if for some reason I need it, I'm gonna put these transmitters and the receivers back in the chargeable case, pop it in, and it's set to go. So technically you're gonna get about eighteen hours of total charging time because the charging case holds about two cycles of battery life, so that's not bad whatsoever. It's easy to set up, the recording called. The recording quality is very great. I talked about the words omnidirectional. A lot of you folks don't even care, don't even know what that is. But it does have an omni directual audio pickup, so it's gonna capture voices very easily. No matter where you're standing or where you're this sounds are coming in relatively the direction of the microphone that is on these trans on the transmitters. The transmitters are about one and a half inches and it comes in black and comes in white. I like the fact that they're relatively small. You can clip these things onto your shirt, on your blouse on your jacket. But it also has that magnetic, a very strong, powerful magnet, so you could put the magnet beneath the shirt beneath and then it clamps on there. And listen, I've traveled with this thing here for the last few weeks. I have not lost any of these things. These things, to me, they're really not going They're not going anywhere. The only thing that you need to remind yourself of if you're interviewing somebody, make sure when the interview is over, that person doesn't just walk off with that microphone transmitter still clipped to his or her shirt, because that's happened to be in the past years. That's happened to be a few times. So make sure you say thank you for the interview view and then have them give you back that the transmitter and you should be good to go. There is the built in microphone. I like the fact that you could be the chargers, the lights sometimes the little flashing green light. It's on the side of the transmitter. It's not right in front. Because one of the worst things to me, like when you're shooting video, you don't want your eyes to focus on what is that thing that keeps beeping and flashing right front, so it's on the side, so it's out of it's out of your line of sight, which is which is really nice too. This has several hundred feet I wasn't able to measure this exactly how many feet away. I mean, I'm not saying you're gonna stand at least a football field away. But when I do stand ups and I walk and talk on camera, like when I do it with my TV stuff, you know, without a I've never lost signal with this, And so you're gonna be able to actually, you know, I don't know, maybe wire up one of your kids who were playing soccer and you're gonna you shoot pretty close to the field and you're gonna get the ins and out of the ins and out of it. But one of the easiest things to me because and I know for you folks out there, you don't want to go through and read a lot of I want to set this thing up and how to pair. They come pretty much paired the transmitter and receiver right out of the box and right out of the case. So to me overall, this is one of the better systems I have tried in a while. This is really one of the first things that from DJI I've ever tried. I remember back in the day I tried to get drones from them, and you know, they were very tough to actually even get the media folks to play with some drones. But it was really nice to be able to play with this. I'm gonna keep testing this thing, put it through a few more ropes. But to overall, if you're looking here as the summer, you know, towards the end of the summer, you're traveling, you're doing more of these videos. You're trying to break into the business with the blogging or the video flogging things. Make sure when you shoot the light is good and the sound is good. And to me the DJI mike too. I'm pretty impressed with this thing so far. I will continue to test and as we go to the break, I will be back live taking your phone calls. You tell me how does this sound? Does this sound differ, does it sound better? Does it sound a little worse than normal? To me, I don't know. I'm getting thumbs up. I played this back before we played on the air. To me, I couldn't tell the difference. Michael Garfield, the High Tech textan show, check me out high tech textan dot Com, high tech text and Instagram and x uh. Then we'll take your call f live here as we come back back at it. Michael Garfield and running a high tech tection show. Two decades of telling you what to buy, where to shop and giving you some ideas of a brand you may not have heard of, and the other fun thing seven one three two one two five nine five zero. Number has not changed in two decades since we've been doing this. You know, one big category I continue to cover our TVs and monitors. I remember when the first high definition or the digital TVs came out back in what two thousand and one, two and three. They were big, they were expensive, they were heavy. Nowadays, man, there's outdoor TV, there's portable TVs. Uh and the prices are generally very very As you know, ran across a company that I was pretty unfamiliar with, but looking at their background, pretty solid. And I've actually been testing one of their smaller portable TVs out not for about a week or two. It's called Skyworth. Anyone anyone out there, raise your hands Skyworth. Well, I'm going to give you a little play by play about them, because we're going to talk to the director of sales for the company. His name is Michael Gleeson. Michael is joining me. Michael, thank you so much for your time for a few minutes. Big names in the world of TVs for decades and decades of not centuries. Skyworth. How long has that been around? And tell me about the company.
Speaker 3: Skyworth's been around since nineteen eighty eight. They're a public company on the New York Stock Exchange. There are a nine billion dollar company. They do business in over one hundred plus countries, forty thousand employees. Yet you're right, they haven't really done much of the US. Been in the US for eight years, mostly selling entry level lowervs. Going made a switch in the strategy and deciding to bring more innovative, kind of cool products to the US. And what's in your office right now is one of those products and thought processes.
Speaker 2: It's I was doing a lot of research of the company and you've got a number of different products that you're bringing to the market to lifestyle TVs. It's kind of how you categorize this things. How do you define lifestyle TVs? What would you say that is?
Speaker 3: It's really a product or a TV that fits the consumer's lifestyle, so what they do so right now sooners are spending a lot of time outdoors, on the go, doing a lot of traveling, whether it's on a plane or a road trip, and so a lot of our products kind of fit those lifestyles, less about in the home, but more about what they like in the home or what they like on the road. So we make some really cool outdoor TVs and full sun outdoor TVs. Matter of fact, in Houston, if you go to Little Woodrows in sugar Land, you'll find that there's ten outdoor TVs that look awesome at two o'clock in the afternoon. So those are some of the really cool products we have. And as you mentioned, we have a really cool portable TV as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going to go back to the to the outdoors. I'm very familiar with the Little Woodrows that just opened recently because it's about three minutes from my home, because I am a Suregland resident. And it's funny. The outdoor TV thing is a neat segment. I've had a television in my backyard for many, many years, but it's been just a typical television and let me help you out with the climate in Houston, with the humidity, with the direct sunlight. The regular TV does not last long outdoors. It maybe a last in one or two seasons before the humidity, the dust and particles. Why are outdoor TVs or how are outdoor TVs made a little differently to withstand the elements? And why are they so much more important and better than a tip of the mounting a typical TV outside?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so first of all, they're really protected rugged. Ours is what's called it sixty six protection. That means no dust, no water gets in there. So you have a hurricane in Houston, we might be effected by the wind where it blows away, but the rain and the flooding won't harm are TV. The wind won't harm or on TV. The other cool thing about our TV is the brightness. The problem with outdoor TVs is if you take your phone and you go outside and it's in the middle of the sun, you can't see what's on your phone. You're always shading your phone. TV's have the same problem outdoors. So our TV's three thousand knits bright and it's our full sun outdoor TV. It's the brightest TV in the market. So it's really important when the sun's out, he still had this unbelievably great picture. And then the other cool thing about ours is that the glass itself is IK ten temper glass, which means that if you get a little bit of hailo in Houston and it hits the TV, it'll bounce off, including golf balls. We do a great demo at shows when we smack the TV, but it's really a rugged, over engineered TV for the outdoors. So at that bar we talked about in sugar Land, it can withstand all those elements and still show Houston, Texas playing on a Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Michael Glason not only he's the director of sales for Skyworth through Meteorologiest apparently lot you're talking a lot about the weather. Those are the outdoor TVs. In terms of indoor TV. These the one I've been playing with here for about a week or two. It is very unique. It's it's called the Companion, and it's a portable TV. And if people think about this TV as we kind of think about them, they haven't been too portable because they've been big and heavy. This bad boy weighs just a few pounds. You can plug it in and obviously it's it's it's as long as you can get kind of a wireless internet connection. It's it's priced very well. This is a pretty interesting line of TV that you launch. I'll let you explain it a little bit more in depth of companion.
Speaker 3: So it's a twenty four inch TV. It's got a nice little weather handle on the side here. I'm sorry for getting out of the frame here.
Speaker 1: But it's portable.
Speaker 3: It's got a three hour battery life on it. It could be charged from your home. I can also be charged from your car. Just needs sixty watts of power. You would just take a twelve vote to a mini plug and it would work. But the really cool thing is I'm dating myself, but you know, back when I was younger, we used to sell DVD TV combos and these little portable thirteen inch TVs that people would take home. The cool thing about this product is Google TV streaming platform. So all your content, thousands and thousands of movies. For me, it's the football package goes with you anywhere you go. All you need is a phone in a hotspot and you can get that content on the TV. So it's great for kitchens. I mean, there's no more kitchen TV. It's great for bathrooms, but really great for camping. Imagine taking your kids on a road trip and putting this on their lap and put the Disney channel on. You'll never hear. Are we there yet? It's really great for camping. As I said, tailgating, even outdoors in the evening you want to go on your deck and have some alone time watching a TV program, you can just pick it up and carrying it on your deck. Only weighs ten pounds or it's really light, and we do sell a case forward, so if you're going somewhere far and you want to protect it before you use it, you can do that. So it's really cool. The best part about a surprise and only retailers for four hundred dollars, so it's only a bargain when you consider all the uses of the actual product itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first and it came to mind for me is probably my listeners right now are the tailgating. Obviously we live our tailgating here in Texas. The fact is, you know I used to go to and I still do go to a lot of tailgates, and you know, I see people slipping a satellite dish and a power generator to light up all their TVs. Everything. This has a built in battery. As you said, the last three hours which is pretty much the length of an NFL game to be able to wash it. And so I think it's it's pretty smart. As we're talking about. Styworth is the name of the company. One more thing before I let you go. I saw you're releasing some new or now and some new types of TVs out there, one of which kind of caught my eye is called the Canvas Art TV. Explain this.
Speaker 3: So this is our quan four K TV in your home to watch regular TV. Use it Google TV for streaming. But really it's about the art, and so we import one hundred and fifty pieces of free art for the TV. So when it's off, you don't have a black box there that looks like a piece of ugly furniture. It has a frame around it, a wood frame, and then it features art from the Louver Museum, the Guggenheim, Newseum, oil painterns, modern art, over one hundred and fifty pieces of art to choose from that you can put on the screen as opposed to it's just being a black Box, and these are popular. They's been around for about six years, really popular. The other cool thing is ours are self enclosed. They operate just like a TV and they hang like a picture. Two little things on the side that hang just like you word any picture in your house.
Speaker 2: Then you get an art gallery that turns into a big TV. It's it's it's pretty, it's pretty smart. So it pieces the husband and the wife. I think maybe that's the smart way to put it.
Speaker 3: That is correct. Yes, probably if feeses the wife more than the husband.
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody. Everybody's happy. Thanks to Skyworth. Last question before we get you out of here. People are interested in getting these, where can they purchase? Where can they find Skyworth products?
Speaker 3: You can go to our website at SKYWORTHUSA dot com, but also check us out on Amazon. We have all those products on Amazon.
Speaker 2: Good stuff. Michael Glason, listen. I appreciate you guys, some of the success. I appreciate the time really interesting products. I know, is the holiday season or even year under this is I think tailgate season for the Companion portable. You got a TV for almost every occasion, and obviously you you stop divorces because it makes the husband and wife happy for looking at art on a game all the way. Congrat your success and I appreciate your time. Thanks A Lom Michael, you got it, You got it anybody else, I've got questions about the TVs or monitors. Just the season open PHONAMLA N seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh, as we continue the long running high tech Taxi show here across the world, and I heart radio seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh, I'll say it again. Seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh. I give you that number because it is almost well, it's almost lunchtime as you're listening to this in the late morning, it could be late dinner time. Time to give something away Color number ten. How about a twenty five dollars gift card to Cabo Bob's phenomenal great You go down the line and you make your injelatas not actually, y'all make itchilaies, you make tacos, you make burritos, your salads. Four locations in Houston. It is good stuff. If you're familiar with the the the chain out of Austin, it is here. I hope they build more. Seven one three two one two five nine five. Oh, get the chips, trust me, the double thick chips, the tortilla chips made fresh. There, the caeso, the guac cabo bobs. Twenty five dollars goes to you. You call them. I'm gonna go ahead, work the phones and we'll give that away to about ten fifteen seconds because people actually really do that. They do take credit cards? Should you not win? Parents? Do you let your kids?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 2: You know? I get I got the question when I started this twenty plus years ago, Michael, what's the appropriate age to let your kids use cell phones? And? As a parent myself, it's a parenting decision. It's all individual. There is no set age. I mean it's is it eight, is it ten? Is it twelve? Is it sixteen? Is it till they could go to college? I don't know. It's people parent differently, and I'll let it to you. Listen. I don't mind. You know, younger kids using phones, I don't know. If I would give them a SIM card with a data service, I would put them on Wi Fi, I would supervise them, I would put a VPN on it. I would do a number of different things. That's one. At what point do you give your kids credit cards? At what point do you let your kids start purchasing things on an app store? I mean, these are these are other questions too. I'm gonna seguey this into phones now have the ability to be used as payment. There's Apple Pay, there's Samsung Pay, there's Google Pay, There's there's all these other things. I mean, you can zell, you can Venmo, you can PayPal, goes on and on and on. Uh, kids with androids all this though, Kids with Android phones very soon they will be able to use Google Wallet, the cap to pay starting next year. Good thing or bad thing? Talk to me right now. Google Wallet for kids is gonna roll out at twenty twenty five. Apparently, according to Google a statement, there's been a positive response of cap to pay on fit bit ace devices, so Google is expanding it tap to pay so kids can go to stores, go up to the little checkout stands, and you know, without using an actual credit card if they have Google Pay on there. Oh, by the way, hold on, parents still need to approve this. Parents could approve credit and debit cards added to their children's phones, and the Google Family link, which is there, it would let them view transactions and then the parents could approve or they remove their cards. Good good idea or bad idea. So any of the parents existing payment cards in Google Wallet and I use Google Wallet, I use it quite often. I have several cards. I've got my Affinity cards. Every time I go to a store and I want to get my points to whatever, I just open my Google Wallet. If I travel on Southwest Airlines, which I always do, a Let's preferred at least the end of the year Southwest Airlines Najor help. Every time I download my boarding pass, I put it on my Google Wallet. But any of the parents existing payment cards and Google Wallet, they could use for the kids spinof device when paying. Here's what's going on. Kids would have to approve cap to pay purposes using the standard authentication options. And I do that too, my fingerprint on the phone, facial recognition, my pen or password. Apple apparently already has a similar take on children's purchases. Now, if you're in that ecosystem of Apple, families can let their kids use Apple Pay in stores and online. They can send money through messages with Apple Cash. Family. I don't know, man, my kids are. They're in their twenties and ones in their thirties, all on their own, all got their own credit cards. I don't see how you listen this is tap to pay, which means these kids are going to have to go to an actual physical store. They're gonna have to go to an actual physical store and check out that has a tap to pay reader. Unless you're listening in any other country outside of the United States, especially in Europe at UK, which every single vendor everywhere has a tap to pay. I love it could not be more convenient. I'm seeing more and more in the United States. But it is convenient. You know, it's convenient too. You know it gets scary. Whole Foods. Whole Foods not only has tap to pay, Whole Foods has a a palm reader. No, it's not one of those psychic people who read your palms and tell you if you're gonna have kids or something. No, no, no, no, no, it's part of Amazon's It's called Amazon One. You scan your you go to a Whole Foods, you register your palm, and it connects it to your Amazon account, which obviously you have a credit card on and anytime you go to any Whole Foods five hundred and eighty of them here across the country. You don't need a wallet, you don't need your Google wallet, you don't need your phone. You pay with your palm and the dang thing works because I used it again about three days to go, buy me a six pack of beer. Listen. Scary, yes, cool, dang yes, man. I live walking distance from a Whole Foods and I run, so I'm a runner. Sometime I'm tired, I'm fitzing. I run through the whole food store so it can cool down, get a little air conditioning, go up and down the aisles, and get some snacks. Maybe I see something I want.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big Whole Foods guy. Don't go to Whole Foods a lot. But if I want to buy something, I never run with my wallet. Sometimes I don't run with my phone. Put my palm out sweaty or not. It works. Imagine kids doing this, man, Matt, I mean with that? How about that? Is that scary? I don't know? You tell me Listen, we got one more hour to talk about this. Seven one three, two, one two five nine five. Oh for all your cookers out there, got a great holiday gift for you. I've been playing with a new pellet grill. It is not figure. I would give you my thoughts on that, plus other news here when it comes to the tech world, Tech World Miguel Garfield seventy one three two point two five.
Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfield of Michael Garfield. Michael Garfield's joining US and the high tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high tech Texans who items to make life.
Speaker 1: Easier some new technology.
Speaker 2: So Michael Garfield has something you might want about.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high tech Texan three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets, heard worldwide on the iHeart Radio add now your high tech Texan Michael Garfield checking the time.
Speaker 2: We are half away through the show. Let's say it with me. We are halfway to half the hour. If it's just after twelve, then should you be listening plausibly live on KPRC nine fifty. Come on, man, it's college football Saturday. You're probably sugared up from all the kids Halloween candy. Yeah, man, happy hour, toast it up. If you're listening to a Encore repeat sometime this weekend and maybe right after midnight, it actually could be Sunday, which means you still. Because you set your clocks back, you got an extra hour, So don't be driving and drinking. But if you're home, have a cocktail. It is halfway to Happy Hour, less than an hour to go. I will open some phone lines if you do have questions. It's technically it's November, man, it's do we call it holiday season? I know Halloween candy is on sale. The Christmas trees and lights and gifts are already on the shelves, So go ahead. And if you got questions about anything when it comes to hey, what should I get myself? My kids, my spouse? This is what I do to be technology. I kind of fancy myself as knowing a lot about a little and that's actually a good thing, you know. I test cars. I test trucks later this hour, actually last car. If you did not listen. If you have an EV, if you have an EV car, if you have an EV truck, odds are you are going to have some sort of a charger inside your garage. And if you have a charging garage. I talked about Wolfbox. This one I've actually been playing with right now and it's pretty cool. I mean, if you do have an EV, you do want to make sure this thing is fully charged. So make sure you have some sort of a charging device, level two charging charging device. You're going to make sure that it is professionally installed. I would not do it yourself. And so go back and you can listen to it on the podcast, which is going to be up in what less than an hour? Is that right? My good friend Callum who is working the owes here. Actually, here's I've been playing with two or three devices in a certain category, and here's something that could be a possible gift anybody ever use one of them. Robotic vacuums. But not just a robotic vacuum, a robotic vacuum or a mop. They are robotic mops. And then they are the ones we've built in everything. It's a robotic vacuum and robotic mop. It sweeps the floor. You know, it looks like the little round DAR two D two E type of thing, and you know it chases the cat. Sweet said, then it goes back and it mops your floor. A number of different versions, companies and whatever. I actually I've been playing one again, not endorsement over here, but there's some I don't like this, some I don't love one I'm actually having some really good luck with It's from a company called robo Rock. Robo Rock, I do like the name roborock dot com. The one I use it is a it's a robotic vacuum and a mop. And what it does, it's got two chambers. It it uses the internally on that little round disc. It sucks it up and that's your vacuum there and then you can open that up and suck it up. But then there's two chambers that it kind of docks into. One chamber you put water in there and that when it's docked, the little robo robot vacuum, it'll suck in that water into the disk and it's got brushes and then it starts zooming around and a mops your floor every ten to fifteen minutes. It goes back to the dock and then it sucks out the dirty water and puts it into the other tank, sucks in the clean water, and back and forth and back and forth, and you can set up the zones and there's apps and things, and there's different spinning modes and I gotta tell you it's pretty cool. I use it again. I have no pat that's a no pit you know, dandur and fur. I'm a pretty train dude. I do have all wood floors pretty much, but it's just me living here, so I'm not a mess. I mean, technically I could. I could set it automatically to go daily nightly. I probably use it maybe once a week or so. But I actually kind of like these things. The it's how much is this one the one? I uh, there's so many different versions of these things. If you're looking for the robooc robo rock again, there's many and if you and by the way, my listeners, this is an interactive session. If you have a brand that you like and you love, talk to me HI tech text and put it on x put it on Instagram. H I g h T E c h T e x A M call me seven one three two one two five nine five ozhou. I have one called the kew Revo Forevo q r e v o hu Crevo plus started out about nine hundred dollars. I'm looking online right now, it's about five hundred and eighty dollars. I have a white one. Are they coming black too? If you want it, it charges very well. Alexa Google Assistant Series Shortcuts supported charges well. Works on Wi Fi. My is this and I got about two minutes and then we actually can debate this too. And I need guys opinions that I need girls opinions. Ladies, do you want a vacuum cleaner or any similar household item let's just say cleaning utensil maybe, or a kitchen gadget? Do you want that as a holiday gift? Do you want that as a birthday gift? Do you want that as a gift? The consent? Again, this may be one of the many reasons I am not married. Dude, you may want to stay away from that. Ladies, let me hear from you seven one, three two. I know you want blouses and you want you want cars, you want trips, you want jewelry, you want I want a lot. Actually, I don't even want a lot of things. I'm very blessed, I'm very lucky. I don't need a hardly anything, and I don't want a lot of anything. Dudes, feel free to use the same phone number. Have you ever tried to give a spouse, girlfriend, whatever, a robotic vacuum, a brush, a broom, a vacuum cleaner, an air fryer. And I'm really hitting home right now for a gift. I just I don't know if that's a good thing if they specifically ask for it. Oh hey, I'm okay with that, but just don't go to Target or Best Buy because you, dude, you need the latest combination air fryer, toaster, dehydrator, baker or whatever it is, and you like, you know what, let's just get this from a honey and uh, we'll actually, you know, give it, you know, give it to them. Open phone line seven one three two. This is a hot dog. Oh, I am getting the call. I'm getting I'm getting them getting emails. I'm getting that, ladies, I hear you. Hell no, I don't want no robotic vacuum. It's cleaner for Christmas present. My man better give me some ice and ice meaning jewelry, I assume ladies in this point.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I'm getting a lot of hahahas I tried it, and by I'm still married barely. For all you dudes, Michael Garfield, I got on the subject of up testing so many products, and I've really been enjoying this robotic vacuum and mop. And then I I said it could be a good suggestion for a holiday gift, and then I got to step back going. Guys, may not be a good holiday gift to get, No, your loved one a cleaning utensil or something, or a nice beautiful stainless steel trash can or an air fryer. It's it's a thought the counts, but maybe they want something a little different that. This is why communication is best. You give somebody a list and you stick to the list. Hey, honey, I want to Cardier Love bracelet. Nah. I'm telling you, man, that latest rumba is pretty cool, and the dog is shedding and the kids really are sloppy. I think we would get more use out of that robotic vacuum than that really expensive thirty five hundred dollars bracelet that no one can get off because you need a screwdriver. That's gonna go over well, yeah, it's gonna go overwhelm exactly. You're talking to the bachelor, Michael car Field.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: I may be a trip to Disney, do you know what. I It may be cheaper to get a Cardier Love bracelet then go to Disney. I saw this, man, It just blows my mind. Disney just hiked Disneyland. Disney World just hyke their prices again. I'll I'm read over there. You you ever been in Disney. I used to take my kids to Disney. I like Disneyland in CALIFORNI I'm a California guy, much more of this so than a Least Coast guy. I've been to Disney, We've been to both, and I like it. I mean, I'm a kid man. That's just what I do. I who I feel bad about this because my kids are not spoiled. They're really really not. I got three wonderful boys. They're in their twenties and one is thirty right now. But I'm on a hearken back twenty yeah, good twenty years ago because we used to vacation in socol all the time, near Anaheim. We were in Orange County, and after two or three or four years, you ever had to force your kids to go to Disneyland. I'm like, I we're here for a week. I mean, we're vacationing for a week. We're gonna pick one day we're gonna go to Disneyland. No, we don't want to go there. Yes you are. It's kind of sav you have to force kids to go to Disneyland. I'm a kid people. It's as simple as that they had at Disneyland had a six percent price increase on most of their park tickets and annual passes. Heakes season single We're gonna play the over under game. Heaked season single day tickets for Disneyland. This is during let's just say the late December holidays for example. Oh my goodness, I'm just looking at this number over here, over under callum in my ear over under single day Disneyland ticket. Okay, I remember maybe they were seventy five eighty dollars when we were the kids real twenty years ago. What do you think you think one hundred and fifty dollars right now? You are so long, you are so low and sadly you may never want to have kids. Bro, I don't know how people have kids. It increased one hundred and ninety four dollars to two hundred and six dollars two one hundred and six bucks to get into Disneyland for one person. Listen, I don't want to rag. This is more of like what in the world we're coming to. Don't give me politics. I don't care who's the president, who's the vice president, who's the secretary of Treasury. It's a business. I don't listen. I could probably rag on Universal Theme Park if anybody wants to do for some research, how much does it cost to get into Universal? Two hundred bucks to get in one day? Oh we don't include parking. Oh we do not include all the snacks, the food, the drinks, the Mickey Mouse ears, the mini mess Mouse dresses. Mean, Lidia is tough. I mean neither of my boys, none of my three boys are married. Then none of them have kids. When and if that happens, man, I sure as hell they hope they don't. Like, you know, rely on Grandpa from taking it to Disney, because I need to rely on my kids at some point soon to take me to Disney. Wow, and that is a ton? What is Why do I just thought I thought I mentioned that. I thought I mentioned that. Happy if you're going to Disney. Uh, happy holidays. Happy holidays to you. As we continue the Michael Garfield showing about I don't know what five minutes about six seven minutes spout out of the hour, I'm going to give you my review on this is a really I like, this is a potential gift. I like cooking, grilling, smoking, meats. I have a Kammata Joe, which is a great smoking utensil. It's it's a Kammada style thing, a lah a big green egg, but this is a red one. It's Kamada Joe. I've never had a pellet grill until a few weeks ago. Company just sent me. Want to test out my thoughts. I will tell you the name of it. It is not a trigger. But I'm telling you what for all you Pella grill smoker dudes and ladies out there, Beella grills are really easy to use, and they smell good. And I'm I'm anxious for Thanksgiving because big Daddy g Man, I'm I'm going nuts in the turkeys. Anybody want to join me for Thanksgiving? Tip to let me know. See Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. Maybe maybe maybe we'll do that. So we will. That's that's a potential new gift takes about it. You know, I had, I had. I had to assemble it, which again it's the bonus of having sons, at least one son who lives here not far from me, and so that took about an hour or so. But it was pretty nice.
Speaker 3: I do like that.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see what I saw? Is it reading my theme?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Hey, Michael, what's up with this? All this? I'm getting confused by all this AI. There's something called CHATCHPT, there's ms co pilot. I have Microsoft and they're shoving this ms co pilot and what it is? Let me see if I can quickly break this down for you. Uh, if you have a new laptop, uh, and there there's so many of them have artificial intelligence power in there. If you have a Windows or Microsoft, you're probably gonna see one that says the word co pilot. Okay, it's coat pilot plus TC.
Speaker 3: What it is?
Speaker 2: Long story short, it's a it's a new breed of a laptop, all right, and it's generative AI built into the device, right Uh. When Microsoft laptops have to have some minimum specifications in processes whatever it is. But a lot of the it it it. A lot of this stuff happens up in the cloud, even though it's supposed to be the machine. But a lot of your information, your interaction with ch hat GPT or if you you see an image and you want to you talk to it, just say, hey, create an image of I wonder what Michael Garfield looks like. Is he's some fat, bald guy behind a microphone, and then they'll guess what I look like. I mean, that's just one example. It's called XT to image creation. It's up in the cloud, that's generally how it happens. But with Copilot, that processing happens on the actual device. That means your data remains private, it's securely stored in the device. And I like that, and you potentially should like that. This is not a Microsoft commercial, even though I did work for Microsoft, even though Bill Gates did put and plant a chip inside my brain. I am not an Apple guy. I'm not a Mac guy. I am a Windows guy. But again, if you want to hop on the bandwagon, you're scared that everything's up in the cloud, co pilot is something that is built into and stays on your device. Now, all copilot PCs are not creative equal. There's different chips, there's different manufacturers. There are manufacturers, think about it. There's HP, there's Dell, there's Asus. I'm a big A SUS as US big ASU Span all right, depending on what chip, what they do, it's built in and there's some key differences. Is there a good time to buy them? Listen. Tech is like waves in the ocean. By the time one reaches the shore, guess what, another one's just behind it. It could get you for two. This is a relatively good time to buy devices like that because it is the holiday season. Start looking for Black Friday deals. I will start getting into that about a week or two, but at that point you could start shopping. The other really good time for devices like that is July and August. It's back to school. But I appreciate the question that was from Jessica. Jessica's in Paarland. That is what co pilot versus some of the other in the cloud, computing, artificial intelligence, is anything else? I'm here for you, all right, coming up, talk grilling. Let's talk pell grill smoking here on the High Tech Texan Show. Back at it. Michael Garfield, long running a high tech text show. Two decades of telling you what to buy, where to shop, and giving you some ideas of a brand. You may not have heard it all been to other fun thing seven one three two one two five nine five zero. Number has not changed in two decades since we've been doing this. You know, one big category. I continue to cover our TVs and monitors. I remember when the first high definition or the digital TVs came out back in what two thousand and one, two and three. They were big, they were expensive, they were heavy. Nowadays, man, there's outdoor TV, there's portable TVs. Uh, and the prices are generally very very good. As you know, ran across a company that I was pretty unfamiliar with, but looking at their background, pretty solid and uh. I've actually been testing one of their smaller portable TVs out uh not for about a week or two. It's called Skyworth. Anyone, anyone out there, raise your hands Skyworth. Well, I'm gonna give you a little play by play about them, because we're going to talk to the director of sales for the company. His name is Michael Gleeson. Michael is joining me. Michael, thank you so much for your time for a few minutes. Big names in the world of TVs for decades and decades, if not centuries. Skyworth. How long has that been around? And tell me about the company.
Speaker 3: Skywork's been around since it's nineteen eighty eight. They're a public company on the New York Stock Exchange. There are a nine billion dollar company. They do business in over one hundred plus countries, forty thousand employees. Yet you're right, they haven't really done much of the US. Been in the US for eight years, mostly selling entry level lowers. We've only made a switch in their strategy and decided to bring more innovative, kind of cool products to the US. And what's in your office right now is one of those products and thought processes.
Speaker 2: I was doing a lot of research of the company and you've got a number of different products that you're bringing to the market. To lifestyle TVs, it's kind of how you categorize this thing. How do you define lifestyle TVs? What would you say that is.
Speaker 3: It's really a TV that fits the consumer's lifestyle. So what they do so right now, Smarts are spending a lot of time outdoors, on the go, doing a lot of traveling, whether it's on a plane or a road trip, and so a lot of our products kind of fit those lifestyles, less about in the home, but more about what they like in the home or what they like on the road. So we make some really cool outdoor TVs and full sign outdoor TVs. Matter of fact, in Houston, if you go to Little Woodrows in in Sugar Land. You'll find that there's ten outdoor TVs that look awesome at two o'clock in the afternoon. So those are some of the really cool products we have. And as you mentioned, we have a really cool portable TV as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going to go back to the to the outdoors. I'm very familiar with the little woodrows that just opened recently because it's about three minutes from my home, because I am a Sugarland resident, and it's funny. The outdoor TV thing is a neat segment. I've had a television in my backyard for many, many years, but it's been just a typical television. And let me help you out. With the climate in Houston, with the humidity, with the direct sunlight, a regular TV does not last long outdoors. It maybe a last one or two seasons before the humidity, the dust and particles. Why are outdoor TVs or how are outdoor TVs made a little differently to withstand the elements, and why are they so much more important and better than a tip of the mounting a typical TV outside?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, first of all, they're really protected rugged. Ours is what's called it sixty six protection. That means no dust, no water gets in there. So you have a hurricane in Houston, we might be effected by the wind where it blows away, but the rain and the flooding won't harm or TV. The win won't harm our TV. The other cool thing about our TV is the brightness. The problem with outdoor TVs is if you take your phone and you go outside and it's in the middle of the sun, you can't see what's on your phone. You're always shading your phone. TV's have the same problem outdoors. So our TV's three thousand knit's brightness, our full sun outdoor TV, it's the brightest TV in the market, so it's really important when the sun's out you still have this unbelievably great picture. And then the other cool thing about ours is that the glass itself is ik ten temper glass, which means that if you get a little bit of hail in Houston and it hits the TV, it'll bounce off, including golf balls. We do a great demo at shows when we smack the TV, but it's really a rugged, over engineered TV for the outdoors. So at that or we talked about in sugar Land, it can withstand all those elements and still show uh Houston, Texas playing on a Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Michael Glason not only he's the director of sales for Skyworth through Meteorologist. Apparently a lot you're talking a lot about the weather. Those are the outdoor TVs in terms of indoor TVs. The one I've been playing with here for about a week or two, it's is very unique. It's it's called the Companion, and it's a portable TV. And if people think about this TVs as we kind of think about them, they haven't been too portable because they've been big and heavy. This bad boy weighs just a few pounds. You can plug it in and obviously it's it's it's as long as you can get kind of a wireless internet connection. It's it's it's priced very well. This is this is a pretty interesting line of TV that that you launched. I'll let you explain it a little bit more in depth of Companion.
Speaker 3: So it's a twenty four inch TV. It's got a nice little weather handle on the side. Here. I'm sorry for getting out of frame here.
Speaker 1: But it's portable.
Speaker 3: It's got a three hour battery life on it. It could be charged from your home. I can also be charged from your car. It just needs sixty watts of power. You would just take a twelve vote to a mini plug and it would work. But the really cool thing is I'm dating myself, but you know, back when I was younger, we used to sell DVD TV combos and these little portable thirteen inch TVs that people would take home. The cool thing about this product is Google TV streaming platform. So all your content, thousands and thousands of movies. For me, it's the football package goes with you anywhere you go. All you need is a phone and a hotspot and you can get that content on the TV. So it's great for kitchens. I mean, there's no more kitchen TV. It's great for bathrooms. Are really great for camping. Imagine taking your kids on a road trip and putting this on their lap and put the Disney channel on. You'll never hear are we there yet? It's it's really great for camping. As I said, tailgating, even outdoors that in the evening you want to go on your deck and have some alone time watching a TV program, you can just pick it up and carry it and bring it on your deck. Only weighs ten pounds or it's really light, and we do sell a case forward, so if you're going somewhere far and you want to protect it before you use it, you can do that. So it's really cool. On the best part about a surprise that only retails for four hundred dollars, So it's really a bargain when you consider all the uses of the actual product itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first and it came to mind for me is probably my listeners right now are the tailgating. Obviously, we live our tailgating here in Texas. The fact is, you know, I used to go to and I still do go to a lot of tailgates, and you know, I see people slipping a satellite dish and a power generator to light up all their TVs. Everything. This has a built in battery, as you said, the last three hours, which is pretty much the length of an NFL game to be able to watch it. And so I think it's it's pretty smart. As we're talking about. Styworth is the name of the company. One more thing before I let you go, I saw you're releasing some new now some new types of TVs out there, one of which kind of caught my eyes called the canvas Art TV explain this, So.
Speaker 3: This is our regular CULD four K TV in your home to watch regular TV. Use it Google TV for screaming, but really it's about the art, and so we import one hundred and fifty pieces of free art for the TV. So when it's off, you don't have a black box there that looks like a piece of ugly furniture. It has a frame around it, a wood frame, and then it features art from the Louver Newseum, the Guggenheim Newseum, Oil pain terms modern art, over one hundred and fifty pieces of art to choose from that you can put on the screen as opposed to it's just being a black box. And these are popular. He's been around for about six years, really popular. The other cool thing is ours are self and closed, so they operate just like a TV and they hang like a picture. Two little things on the side that hang just like you word any picture in your house.
Speaker 2: Tell you get an art gallery. It turns into a big TV. It's it's it's pretty, it's pretty smart. So it pieces the husband and the wife. I think maybe that's a smart way.
Speaker 3: To put it. That is correct. Yes, probably if feases the wife more than the husband.
Speaker 2: Guests. Everybody's appy thanks to Skyworth. Last question before we get you out of here. People are interested in getting these Where can they purchase? Where can they find Skyworth products?
Speaker 3: You can go to our website at SKYWORTHUSA dot com. Can also check us out on Amazon. We have all those products on Amazon.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Michael Glason. Listen, I appreciate you guts. Some of the success I appreciate at the time really interesting products. I know is the holiday season or even year under? This is I think tailgate season for the Companion portable. Uh, you got a TV for almost every occasion, and obviously you you stop divorces because it makes the husband wife happy for looking at art onto a football game all the way. Congrat your success and I appreciate your time.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lom Michael, you got it? You got it?
Speaker 2: Anybody else I got questions about the TVs or monitors? Just the season? Open phone line seven one three, two, one two, five, nine to five. Oh as we continue the long running high tech Taxi show here across the world. And I heart radio. Guess what I'm hungry too? You like that? Hey? If anybody else is a big smoker thriller, and you have luck or tips even tips for me about pellet grills. I just went through kind of a ten minute play by play how I was trying out checking out a pellet grill. This is from a company called Risk It pretty good price and it did work well. I'd like it. So now that makes three different smoking cooking grilling devices I have out there. So it's my biggest you know, quandary is like which one which one am I gonna use? But I love that smokey flavor. I love that's mokey flavor. So we got less than eight or nine minutes. Final questions coming in. I won't give out the phone number because I already have a few lined up here. Some email Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. Dear Garf, I know you're an Android pimp. Well, actually you can call me now, but you have to get paid to be a pimp. Now I'm not paid. Sadly, I'm not paid by Android, but I do love me some Android phone anyway, Garf, I know you're Android pimp. However, I have an Apple, several of my friends have an Android. Is it possible for me to FaceTime with someone? Who uses an Android phone. Good Tom, very good question. Well I will tell you Andrew. Apple has made it possible for Android phone owners to join FaceTime calls with iPhone users. It's actually been around for a little while. You don't need special software. Listen. We know Apple has a reputation for restricting access to apps and services from non Apple devices, so that leaves Android users without features like I Message or FaceTime. But there is a possible way to do that if you have I Message now, I Message remains exclusive to iOS, but Apple did not. Long ago, they did announce r c S support Rich Communication Services as part of their IOSA team. Now rich communication services that's widely used on Android phones for texting, looks like Apple's gonna adopt it, which is all good. But if you want a FaceTime to someone an Android, here's what's going on. Like any call, someone's got to initiate the call. If you're on an Android phone maybe using a PC, that person who initiates it is going to have to be someone with an iPhone, all right, or a Mac or an iPad. So if you're an iOS user, initiate a FaceTime call, So open your FaceTime app on your iPhone, hit create link. There's a create link and from the bottom it's gonna something's gonna slide up that says FaceTime link. Then it'll say add name to enter a name for your chat. But there's also on that same screen it's gonna see the option to share that facetimelink through your email, through messages, through calendar, or some other apps. There you go, cut, copy paste, text it to someone on a non iPhone. I will get it, for example, since I'm an iPhone, or I can join it. Obviously I can't initiate it. I can join it. I try to few times. That's not great. Just use people, Just use Zoom, use Facebook Messenger, use What's app video. And if you're an Android, let's go back. If you're an Android user, here's how to join the FaceTime call. You click the FaceTime link that your iOS user sent you. The link's gonna open up your browser. You continue, you wait for them to let you in, and you're there. Okay. There's so many other alternatives Google, Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Teams. It goes on and on and on. No with wherever Gonna live in Perfect Harmony, Ebity, and Ivory, iPhone, Android I mean, I've been ostracized because I'm a green doughter versus a blue daughter. But whatever. The reason I talk about Android more than I do iPhone is because many, many, many more people around the world use the Android operating system than the iPhone operating system. And that is a fact. And I'm not just blowing smoke up your phone. Seventy seventy five percent of the world uses Android. So how about this. Seventy and seventy five percent of everybody with the phone uses Android versus iOS. Why sheer number is quite simple. There's only one manufacturer that uses iOS. Apple. I've lost count of how many facturers use the Android operating system from Samsung LG one plus Motorola Asus. It goes on and on and on by sheer numbers, more manufacturers all using the free Google base, well Google owned Android system. There you go, And I want to talk to the majority of my people out there other than u iphonders, not hayten. That's just the way it is. Some things will never change. But hopefully with the rich communications services sharing, you know, apps and stuff like that, that we where it's gonna become a smaller world. I don't know the world is gonna get well, it's gonna get a little loopier starting this weekend because we well we do gain an extra hour of sleep for most of us uh and the next week. I cannot protict what is going on with the election, but as we end this show, whatever you do, v o t E. I voted early. I did. Will not tell you who I voted for. Nope, doesn't work that way. But I got my I voted sticker. I was one of the very few people who did not take a selfie of myself with my I voted sticker and put it all over social media. Don't need to do that, but I did vote. Hanging on to my I voted sticker because come Tuesday, a lot of places are offering you free sandwiches or ice creams or snacks or something if you walk in with your I voted sticker. I do like that. That's the case. Let's vote freaking every day. Why just make it one day or you know, three weeks for early voting. Man, you're gonna give me, You're gonna get going. I'll walk in with a stickers three hundred and sixty five days a year, you know, give me something something Calamarid I hope you do vote. Thank you so much for working the front, working everything and keeping guests on air. Also, we could not do it without our big partners, Total Wireless, five gee, Total Wires. There's about ten eleven twelve store Total Wireless stores. There's a lot of commercials for Total Wireless during the World Series. Congratulations to the Dodgers. There are several that are owned by a company called Victra here in and around Houston. If you want to save some money on your data plans, okay, data plans, you don't need to pay one hundred bucks, hundred and fifty bucks all you can eat. Go to Total Wireless, relatively inexpensive plans that works on the Verizon network. Total Wireless is great. I've been using that service for months. They've got home wireless routers. That's right. You don't need to pay the exorbitant fees of going through cable. Total Wireless is the way to go. Also, shout out to a company that's going to get very busy again these next two months. US coins and jewelry. I ten at Voss road Goes see the Duncan brothers. Tell them. Mister Michael Garfield said, Hi, if you want to start collecting coins. I want to get some Rolexes or jewelry. Great place, probably a little better gifts than we talked about earlier in the show. Instead of giving your spouse a robotic vacuum cleaner, I would say jewelry memorabilia coins. I think us coins and jewelry has it. Campbell's Compounding Pharmacy. If you need compounding anything, compounding is the way to go. There's two locations in Houston. Go to Campbell'scompounding dot Com. Those are They keeps this radio show for free. That's how sponsorship works, and I can't thank them enough for all of us who have been a part of this set those clocks back, change the batteries in your smoke alarms and everything. Get out and vote, and let's just hope this crazy world is still standing next week by the time we do this again. For all of us who have been a part of this one, thank you so much for tuning in. The name is Michael Garfield. Have a great day, great weekend. Because my show is over. I tak tax